This week on the SwimSwam Breakdown, we talk about ISL highlights including Sarah Sjostrom‘s surprise comeback and Madi Wilson‘s surprise departure, Shayna Jack being cleared for competition once again, and we play Sink or Swim on a myriad of this week’s top news. See full list of topics below:
- Swedish superstar swimmer Sarah Sjostrom has made a surprise return for the last 2 weeks of the International Swimming League regular season.
- Australian swimmer Madi Wilson has been hospitalized in Naples, Italy as a result of a COVID-19 infection in spite of being fully vaccinated
- The International Swimming League overturned Tomoe Hvas’ 200 individual medley disqualification, the latest in a flurry of DQ confusion throughout the regular season
- The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has dismissed the appeals filed by WADA and Sport Integrity Australia against Shayna Jack, clearing her for competition.
- The 2021-2022 NCAA swimming & diving season has arrived as Army and UNC Wilmington kicked off this year’s NCAA action with a dual meet at UNCW