Date posted: September 30, 2022
Who we are
Spiraledge is a collection of companies focused on health and wellness and is the parent company of fast growing ecommerce sites SwimOutlet.com & Everyday Yoga. Both SwimOutlet.com and Everyday Yoga have been named an Internet Retailer Hot 100 Company.
SwimOutlet.com is the largest online specialty store for aquatics in the United States and has the largest selection for swimming, water polo, fashion, beach and surf!
Everyday Yoga is the first specialized multi-branded online yoga retailer, offering a broad selection of yoga brands and yoga-inspired products to all levels of yogis.
National Key Account Manager
Remote – Travel Required | SwimOutlet | Full time
We are looking for a National Key Account Manager to manage and grow our business, which includes a focus on swim schools, facilities and retail opportunities. This is an amazing opportunity for the right person, who is passionate about swimming and business development, to grow our sales from the ground up.
This is a 100% remote role that requires travel to accounts, events, meetings and facilities across the US.
What You Will Do
- Develop Key Accounts sales strategy including the annual sales plan and sales performance metrics
- Identify key accounts across multiple product categories and grow the client base
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and lead the internal process to support B2B operations
- Provide exceptional customer service via phone, email, or in person and recommend solutions to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere that strengthens the team
Who You Are
- A results driven self-directed sales professional with 5+ years or more of B2B sales experience and 3+ years of business development experience
- You know aquatics sports: preferably competitive swimming, swim teams and swim lessons
- A strategic planner with the ability to drill down, manage and accomplish tasks and goals
- Excellent at building business relationships and customer focused
- Able to thrive in a growing, small business environment with an ability to think outside of the box and creatively problem solve
- Enthusiastic with a positive demeanor and the ability to communicate effectively with customers, teams, athletes and colleagues
- Able to coordinate a variety of activities and prioritize work to meet deadlines and grow the business
- Comfortable in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Tech savvy: NetSuite, Salesforce, Google Workspace, MS Office
- Able to travel and have a valid driver license
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Spiraledge provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Date posted: September 30, 2022
Location: Irvine, CA, USA
with Speed Aquatics
Speed Aquatics has an immediate opening for a certified USA Swimming coach, looking for an hourly coaching role.
Speed Aquatics is a year-round USA Swimming Club. Our mission is to introduce (beginners) and prepare (intermediate to advanced) swimmers for competition while stressing technique and positive sportsmanship. We believe every swimmer deserves the opportunity to excel.
- USA Swimming certified coach, in good standing.
- 1-2 years of Club Swim coaching.
- Must be able to provide stroke analysis, write workouts & create a training plan for swimmers with various levels of experience and a wide range of goals.
- Able to work with all levels of swimmers: beginners, Intermediate, and serious competitive swimmers.
- Working with all levels of Age Group swimmers.
- Attend all staff meetings as required.
- Attend all Practices and Meets as required.
- Compensation will be an hourly rate and will depend on the experience and qualifications of the candidate. $17-$25 per hour
- Private lesson opportunities
Date posted: September 28, 2022
Location: Redlands, CA, USA
with University of Redlands
Assistant Coach, Men & Women’s Swim & Dive
POSITION CODE: 6428
APPOINTMENT: Staff, Twelve (12) Months, Part-time
(up to 25 hours per week & up to 960 hours per fiscal year)
STARTING SALARY: $20.00 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: Six (6) Months
POSTING DATE: September 27, 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 6, 2022 at 2:00 pm, P.S.T.
Definition of Classification:
The Assistant Coach will serve the swim and dive program as on deck swim and dryland coach as assigned, and assist the Head Coach in the planning, administering, and evaluating of various aspects of the operations of the Men’s & Women’s Swim and Dive program.
Reporting to the Head Coach, is responsible for furthering the mission of the University, the Department of Physical Education and Athletics, and the Bulldog swim and dive programs. The Assistant Coach must comply with all University, National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC) rules and policies. May be required to travel for extended periods of time for athletic contests and recruiting activities. Flexibility to work nights and weekends as required by the teams’ schedules.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist with on-deck coaching, training, and skill development.
• Create a training program for IM/Stroke Swimmers.
• Function as an active team member of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics.
• Attends training as assigned.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Any combination equivalent to, but not limited to, the following:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Two years swim coaching experience or three years of college swimming experience.
• Must have a clear understanding of the NCAA Division III philosophy and the role of athletics in a private, liberal arts academic setting
• A valid California Class C CA drivers’ license with a good driving record is required.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Technical knowledge of Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving and the demonstrated ability to apply that knowledge.
• Knowledge of applicable team or individual sports and playing rules.
• Knowledge and understanding of the NCAA Division III philosophy.
• Possess the ability to attract outstanding students to the University.
• Knowledge and understanding of the role of physical education, recreational sports, and athletics in a private, liberal arts academic setting.
• Strong interpersonal, motivational and team leadership skills to work effectively with athletic participants.
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and decision-making; be an effective problem solver
• Ability to clearly communicate information both verbally and in writing.
• Excellent organizational skills, and detail orientated.
• Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
• Follow appropriate safety rules and regulation.
• Knowledge of personal computers and personal computer software and applications.
• Aptitude to learn new and evolving technology.
• Ability to recommend appropriate courses of action within established guidelines.
• Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
• Understand, interpret, explain, and apply applicable federal and state policies and laws.
• Ability to foster strong, positive relationships and align both internal and external resources to achieve university objectives.
• Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. The work environment may involve some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions. May be required to travel for extended periods of time for athletic contests and recruiting activities. Flexibility to work nights and weekends as required by the teams’ schedules.
Incumbents regularly stand, walks and sits; speak clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; see to read fine print and operate computer; hear and understand voices over telephone and in person; use hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; walk on a regular basis and stand for prolonged periods; travel to various locations; distinguish colors and have depth perception; reach with hands and arms; pushing, pulling and lifting; stoop or kneel or crouch; lift, carry and/or move objects typically weighing up to 10-25 pounds.
TO APPLY: Submit a resume/CV and cover letter with application. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
BACKGROUND CHECKS: The University of Redlands is committed to providing a safe campus community. As part of that commitment, the university conducts background checks for applicants being considered for employment.
INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19: New employees are required to submit proof of having received the full course dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine including a booster or submit an exemption request for medical or religious reasons within sixty (60) days from your date of hire.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909-748-8040 OR VISIT http://www.redlands.edu/human-resources/employment/ SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN. MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3494682
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Date posted: September 28, 2022
Location: 600 Lake Rd, Belton, TX, USA
with Tiger Sharks of Texas
Tiger Shark Swim Team of Belton, TX is seeking a
FULL TIME ASSISTANT COACH – Salaried with Benefits
Tiger Shark Swim Team is seeking an assist coach, committed to supporting the mission and vision of Tiger Shark Swim Team and promoting our programs throughout the community. This is a full-time position working with athletes from our age group and senior levels as well as some administrative work and opportunities to coach at meets.
• Attend daily workouts as assigned by the head coach.
• Work with the head coach and head age group coach to develop season and weekly plans in line with the goals of the team and specific group.
• Create and execute daily workouts in accordance with the weekly and season plans.
• Help athletes to reach and exceed TST standards in performance and character.
• Help with administrative duties
• Other duties as assigned
• College degree (preferred)
• Current American Red Cross Life Guarding/First Aid Certification or its equivalent
• American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer or its equivalent
• American Red Cross Coaches Safety Training certification
• USA Swimming Certification
• Two (2) years coaching experience (preferred)
• Background in competitive swimming (preferred)
Belton Swim Center at Belton High School in Belton, TX.
• 8 Lane 25-yard indoor pool
• 3 Lane 25-yard indoor pool
• 800 square foot weight training facility
Comanche Pool at Ft. Hood, TX
• 8 Lane 50-meter outdoor pool (currently utilized in the summer)
• Commensurate with experience. Minimum salary $36,000
• This position is eligible for benefits as a BISD employee
Date posted: September 28, 2022
Location: 73 Patricia Drive, Palm Coast, FL, USA
with Flagler Fluid Swim Team, LLC
The FLagler FLUiD Swim Team, LLC is seeking a Head Swim Coach, in Palm Coast, Florida. The team is a year-round beginner competitive USA Swimmer team, with a 501(c)3 booster club. The ideal candidate should be interested in developing swimmers new to the program, but also be able to meet the needs of senior-level competitive swimmers in a flexible and welcoming swim club environment.
Swim Team Programming:
- Provide leadership, instruction and motivation to every swimmer. Teach strokes, techniques, and sportsmanship at various levels and age groups.
- Plan workouts that include appropriate technique, stroke development, team spirit, and team building, etc.
- Routinely evaluate programs, along with staff, and make changes to ensure high quality and meaningful service to swim team members.
- Develop a seasonal plan to train all competing swim team members to compete at their optimal abilities.
- .Attending all swim meets
- Communicate with the Board/owner on a regular basis.
- Work with the owner/coaches to communicate policies and programs to families and participants to promote participation and establish relationships that extend beyond a single swim team season.
- Work with swimmers on their goals from the start of the season to the last event of the season.
- Select swim meets in collaboration with the board and assistant coaches for each season based on your seasonal plan.
- Select events for swimmers based on their abilities and their goals as necessary.
- Maintain working relationships with other swim teams.
Staffing and Supervision:
- Head Coach will be an employed by Flagler FLuid Swim Team, LLC
- Head Coach will work with the Owner/Coaches to recruit, train, and evaluate coaching staff.
- Head Coach will supervise team coaches, and work with Board and assistant coaches to set and maintain meet and practice schedules.
- Organize and communicate with Assistant Coaches for a cohesive swim program including the seasonal plan.
Facility and Equipment:
- Maintain high safety standards in the pool area.
- Ensure safe and correct use of venue facilities and equipment and maintain them properly
- Maintain inventory and request swim team gear as needed and ensure that gear is properly secured and stored.
Required Instructor/Coaching Certification:
- Current certification as an USA Swim Team Coach
- Must pass USA Swimming background check
- All required certifications for USA Swimming Certification and stay current within those requirements
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience working with youth
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- 2+ years swim coaching experience
- Leadership of a coaching group
Salary/hourly negotiable , pending number of kids, set compensation for meets, practice, and administrative duties. Approximately 25 hours a week on deck and up to 5-10 hours administrative work per week. Benefits are not included.
Contact: [email protected]
Date posted: September 28, 2022
Location: 7222 Bluebonnet Boulevard, Baton Rouge, LA, USA
with Crawfish Aquatics
Crawfish Aquatics is seeking a passionate coach to work with one or two different senior level training groups. We are looking for a Coach who works well with others, has strong communication and customer service skills, who is dedicated in developing each athlete into successful swimmers and a bonus would be, has long term career aspirations in coaching.
Must have a knowledge of competitive swimming and be willing to communicate well with other coaches, parents, and swimmers. Will need to have or obtain a USA swimming Coaches certification which includes Athlete Protection Training, CPR/Safety Training Course, USA Swimming Background check, and Foundations of Coaching Course/test.
Hours & Location
Crawfish Aquatics is looking for a candidate that is available to start immediately or at the latest November 28, 2022. Practices will be held between 3:45pm and 7:45pm Monday through Thursday, Friday from 4pm-6pm and Saturday mornings varied times. All will be held at our site in Baton Rouge, LA.
Additional regular staff meetings, and education opportunities are associated with this position. Weekend competitions will be held monthly, including both locally hosted and state competitions. Other duties, responsibilities and opportunities will be available based on performance and club need.
Date posted: September 26, 2022
Location: 211 East 23rd Street, Sterling, IL, USA
with Sterling Stingrays Swim Club
The Stingrays Swim Team Director/Head Coach is responsible for providing leadership and supervision of the District’s Stingrays Swim Club, aquatic programs and any other assigned programs, activities and areas as well as assists the Duis Center Manager with facility operations.
The Stingrays Team Director/Head Coach is responsible for performing the essential functions as outlined in this job description. The Stingrays Team Director/Head Coach is a full-time/exempt employee who may work in excess of fifty (50) hours per week. Work pace varies depending on the task required. The position requires the ability to work in the hard level (100 lbs. or less).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS-STINGRAYS TEAM DIRECTOR/HEAD COACH
Responsible for the day-to-day direction, hands on guidance and involvement in all aspects of the Stingrays Swim Club, including working with swimmers, parents, coaching staff; collecting registration/meet fees; and the merchandizing/administration of team gear.
Responsible for effectively coaching one or more age group levels as well as setting a strong, positive, enthusiastic, and highly energetic tone for all age groups.
Oversees and manages the process of meet selection, meet entries, scheduling and coordinating of home and away meets.
Responsible for the recruiting, supervising, evaluating and managing the performance and professional development of all Assistant Coaches.
Develops and implements the latest and most effective training plans for stroke technique, training, dryland progressions and taper strategies for a wide range of swimmer ages and abilities.
Provides active involvement in the recruitment, development and the progression of swimmers in all age groups that will both maintain and grow team membership.
Works with all swimmers and parents in determining appropriate goals; and, fosters in swimmers, important attitudes and skills such as discipline, goal setting, time management and healthy habits that will benefit them throughout life.
Regularly communicates with swimmers and families through a variety of channels and methods, including but not limited to regular swimmer and parent meetings, newsletters, emails, SPD/SSSC websites, etc.
Responsible in securing team and meet sponsors as well as the coordination of all team fundraisers.
At least 21 years of age
Certified or ability to become certified in CPR/AED, First Aid and Coach’s Training
Certified USA Swim Coach
A valid Illinois State Driver’s License (Class D).
Organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
Ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships with other employees.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and TeamUnify. Ability to learn the District’s registration software, ActiveNet.
Desire to contribute to the long-term success of the Duis Recreation Center, Stingrays Swim Club and assigned other programs and activities.
Desire to live in a vibrant, small town, family friendly community of 26,000 residents.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Four-Year College degree, with previous age group swimming and /or coaching experience preferred.
Certified USA Swim Coach
Minimum first year compensation of $38,000-$40,000 with a possible higher starting wage based upon qualifications and experience. In addition, a health insurance stipend; dental insurance; retirement plan; and paid vacations, personal days, holidays and sick days are also included in the benefit package. Additional incentive base compensation may be considered/negotiated at time of hire.
Date posted: September 26, 2022
Location: 200 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA, USA
with The Bay Club Company
Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, the Assistant Head Swim Team Coach is responsible for managing and coaching the year round USA swim team, coaching upper level athletes, providing oversight to all the swim teams and stroke schools; maintaining a safe and effective learning environment while focusing on the fulfillment of clients’ swimming goals; achieving personal revenue goals; and providing the best customer service and hospitality to members and guests.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide coaching for year round USA swim team and oversight to all the swim teams and stroke schools
- Present on deck during all team practices
- Coaches upper level athletes and provides specific and corrective feedback to each athlete at each session
- Design and deliver effective, consistent, and rewarding sessions and workouts
- Integrate new swimmers into swim team and stroke school programs
- Provide feedback to help parents decide which program is best for their child and client retention
- Maintain accurate, current records on all clients’ progress
- Follow swim school progression guidelines
- Conduct regular staff meeting with other coaches
- Enforce all pool rules and aquatics center and club policies
- Plan, organize and run swim meets, including submitting entries in a timely manner
- Maintain a consistent work schedule; arrive punctually for sessions
- Provide excellent communication with the parents of swimmers as well as all members and staff
- Track attendance of client’s sessions
- Accurately enter and maintain consistent timely records in the required systems for hours worked and sessions
- Actively participate in events, programs meetings and trainings
- Assist in the maintenance and cleanliness of the aquatics center
- Represent the club in a professional manner through image, dress, communication, and immediate follow through and response
- May submit billing and accounting for swimmers and program participants
- Order and distribute uniforms and required gear for staff
- Assist with special club projects, events and promotions
Corporate Goals & Objectives
- Promote the company’s safety goals and actively work towards ensuring a safe working environment.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Actively further corporate objectives and continuously support improvement and positive change, which includes participating on corporate designated committees to improve the company and business operations.
- Make professional development a consistent priority.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, & EDUCATION
- Current Lifeguard/CPR/AED/First Aid – for adult, infant, toddlers
- Current USA Swim Coach Certified
- Understand the current best practices in learn-to-swim skills, competitive swim techniques and childhood development
- Experience teaching Swim Lessons for all ages
- Experience in Competitive Swimming as a participant or a coach
- ASCA II preferred
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, and sales techniques.
- Problem Anticipation/ Deductive Reasoning — Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and then apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems and considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Oral Comprehension and Expression —Ability to understand and communicate so others can understand ideas and information.
- Computer – Ability to develop and maintain computer records in Word, Excel and other software required by TBCC.
- Demonstrated ability to support and develop diverse environment.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in personnel supervision, training, and evaluation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as WORD, EXCEL, and OUTLOOK are essential.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is typically performed outdoors in varying and occasionally extreme (hot) weather conditions
- Ability to arrive at work on time for all scheduled work shifts required. Ability to work weekends, evenings, and holidays required
- It is necessary to adapt to a frequently changing environment
- Position requires daily public contact
- It is sometimes necessary to deal with unpleasant or angry people with the need to problem solve difficult situations
- It is necessary to adapt to a frequently changing environment
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms
- Frequently required to climb or balance and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Must occasionally sit for extended periods and regularly walk around the facility
- Must occasionally talk and hear
- Must frequently move 10 pounds and in the event of an emergency lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required but this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- It is necessary for the position to travel independently to swim meet locations or Clubs on a regular basis
JOB DESCRIPTION REVISION
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change. This job description replaces all previous descriptions for this position.
Date posted: September 26, 2022
Location: Cairo, Egypt
with ONEflow Aquatics - Egypt
Head Coach for Age Groups and Senior teams and Program Director for SwimAmerica Program
In 2022 ONEflow Aquatics (OFA) will be a service provider at a prominent location in Cairo where we will develop and start an Aquatics Program ranging from Learn-to-swim to Elite team. With our exclusive SwimAmerica license for the whole country of Egypt, OFA will be able to offer a certified and high quality program to all of its users.
Who are you?
- Capable of teaching, coaching and forming a new competitive team coming up from our Swim America program running at the club (Novice team) and coaching the age groups team and senior team
- Capable to create and follow a short- and longterm plan for our Aquatic Center.
- Capable of managing staff for the team (instructors, coaches, assistant coaches, administrative assistants, etc.) to follow the strategy of the academy.
- Desirable skills include:
• experience with managing and/or coaching multicultural teams
• familiarity with SwimAmerica
What will you be doing?
- Have full responsibility over the Aquatics Program
- Cooperate in the development of OFA x SwimAmerica marketing plan and implement it
- Operate and manage SwimAmerica program and supervise all operations
- Control and manage all staf (instructors and coaches) of the Aquatic programs
- Liaise with all Aquatics staff on all matters
What do we offer?
- Working in an succes oriented environment which is dedicated to bring out the best
- Base salary of USD 3,500 / month** (Financial bonus based on the succes of the Aquatics program: commission rate will be agreed as per contract)
- Fully-furnished apartment will be provided by OFA
- Cost coverage to fly home once a year in Economy class
A full digital information pack will be provided to interested applicants upon receiving their resume.
Date posted: September 23, 2022
Location: 15506 State Highway 71, Bee Cave, TX, USA
with Nitro Swimming
I wish it were under different circumstances that we were looking to fill a coaching slot, but sadly the swimming world, and in particular the Kids and Coaches of Nitro lost a great Coach who more importantly was our friend. Steve Wolleben was in his 13th year with us, and he passed away unexpectedly at his home. I’ve received literally over a hundred emails from families, swimmers, and former swimmers with stories of how Steve positively impacted their lives. He was one of a kind and is sorely missed.
But Steve would have wanted nothing more than seeing the show continue. And for that reason I’m posting here looking for Nitro’s next great Age Group Coach to join one of the hardest working and fun-loving staffs anywhere.
I know it’s a weird time of the season being the end of September already, but maybe this ad is catching you at just the right time…who knows? It’s a great opportunity…
Our full-time Nitro salaried Coaches receive Humana health/vision/dental. PTO, 401K with matching %, rolling days off (a paid day off the deck the week following any meet that required Sunday deck time), and more.
We have 01 USA Coaches on staff currently. Of those, 17 are full time salaried. Average tenure is 7+ years.
We have our eyes set on the future.
This will be a FULL TIME salaried position which will include all that is mentioned above.
You’ll have the opportunity to coach alongside a TEAM of Professionals who LOVE what we do. It’s tough to have a bad day of coaching when everyone around you is bringing their “A” game. Hard to describe what it’s like without seeing it with your own eyes.
Our mission is simple, but not easy: Visible Improvement. Delivered with Passion and Joy. Every Day.
Nitro is Coach owned with two locations currently, each with an indoor, full Olympic sized 50 meter pool with overflow gutters.
We’re under construction for our 3rd indoor 50 meter facility which will be in Kyle, TX. It will be 40,000 sq ft of awesomeness. We anticipate opening those doors (and lanes) spring/summer ’23.
We will be hiring for our new location in a few months. But the immediate opportunity is at our Bee Cave site.
If you believe you have what it takes to bring 100% every practice, every day, to the kids in front of you; you’re a natural leader who leads by example; who the kids will follow to the ends of the earth; perhaps looking for a place to grow and shine…I’d love to hear from you.
Date posted: September 23, 2022
Location: 200 Cummings Center, Beverly, MA, USA
with YMCA of the North Shore
Are you an experienced manager with the ability to lead and inspire a team? Are you interested in utilizing your experience to ensure the safety and well-being of others by providing access to important programs and services in the community? This may be the opportunity for you?
As the Aquatics Director at the Cape Ann YMCA you will help support our community and members by ensuring the safe operating and robust programming of our Aquatics center. The Aquatics Director is responsible for all aspects of the instructional and recreational aquatics overseeing two indoor pools, and one outdoor seasonal pool. The Cape Ann YMCA provides swim lessons to youth weekly, offers aqua activities for all ages, and is host to local Swim Teams and regular rentals. Key responsibilities of this role include recruiting, retaining, and transitioning swimmers of all ages and abilities through the programs, and working collaboratively with the competitive team to achieve a successful conversion rate of instructional swimmers to the competitive program. Through strong leadership, efficient planning, high-quality engagement, and direct service, the Aquatics Director manages staff, provides guidance on the technical and physical skills of swimming, creates a fun environment that develops long-lasting relationships, a sense of achievement and belonging, while fostering a lifelong love of swimming. The incumbent in this role will enjoy connecting with participants and visitors of all ages, have the ability to carry out Aquatics initiatives that meet the goals of the organization, and have a strong skillset in planning and leading others.
To thrive in this role you must have a background of progressive aquatics experience leading to the oversight and management of multiple team members, previous experience maintaining the functions of an aquatics center, and the ability to successfully prioritize and respond to a variety of tasks including the emergency response to members of visitors in the pool. You must have the ability to engage and direct others as well as provide instructions and assessments to staff and members in the pool.
In addition to quality work environment our YMCA offers competitive salaries, benefits and professional development opportunities including;
Paid training and development
Advancement and growth opportunities within our seven YMCA locations.
Free YMCA membership and employee discounts on programs.
Health and dental insurance for full time employees.
2 weeks paid vacation in addition to generous paid sick and personal time for full time staff.
Retirement fund with 8% company contribution (once vested/no match required).
Employer funded life insurance.
- Current certifications in Lifeguard/Swim Instructor, Pro CPR, First Aid and Oxygen, or willing to obtain
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency of swim skills in accordance with YMCA standards and have a strong foundation in stroke mechanics
- A Minimum of 3-5 years progressive leadership and oversight of an aquatics center
For further assistance you may contact the HR department at 978-564-3075.
The YMCA is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, protected genetic information, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran’s status.
Date posted: September 22, 2022
Location: 6001 Grove Ave, Richmond, VA, USA
with St. Catherine's School
St. Catherine’s School, Richmond, VA is searching for swim coaches to fill the following positions:
Varsity assistant-2 positions (shared coaches for St. Catherine’s & St. Christopher’s swim program). Team practice begins Nov 7, 3:45-5:45pm daily through Feb 18. (Winter break for two weeks in December). Meets are either Fridays or Saturdays.
Head or Co-head for middle school/JV level, assistant coach for middle school. Team practice begins Nov 7, 5:00pm-6:30pm or 2:45-4pm (Mon-Fri) through Feb. 10 (Winter break for two weeks in December). Six meet schedule–1 Thur, 3 Fridays, 2 Saturdays.
The coaching jobs are part-time seasonal and pay a competitive stipend. The ideal candidates will have successful coaching experience and competitive swimming experience.
Date posted: September 22, 2022
Location: Walnut Creek, CA, USA
with Elsmore Swim Shop
Elsmore Swim Shop is looking to hire an Assistant Manager or looking to hire Assistant Managers (AM) to oversee their location in Walnut Creek, CA at 2054 Treat Blvd. We are a Minnesota based company with stores in Chicago, Indiana, Iowa, and Wisconsin that supply aquatic apparel and merchandise to teams, clubs, and individuals. Elsmore is family owned and has been in business for 40+ years.
The AM supports management in the daily operations of the store and team sales. There will be a team of four to six high performing associates. The AM collaborates with peers and associates as well as upper management to assess the needs of the customer and develop the best methods for achieving service, sales, and operational objectives. In addition, the AM is expected to assume leadership of the store on an as needed basis. Elsmore will also market its goods at swim meets throughout Northern California. Attendance at these meets is a requirement of the position. NOTE: Some evenings and weekends are required.
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction by being knowledgeable on all products offered (current and new) and working closely with other Associates to provide excellent sales service.
- Partner with the Store Manager to establish and communicate all critical metrics and expectations within the store, including but not limited to sales, visual, operations, safety, loss prevention, human resources, payroll/scheduling, and training.
- Support account sales which include new and existing client relations. Help anticipate the client’s needs, work within the company to ensure deadlines for clients are met and help the client in all their team outfitting needs.
- Manage, train, and recognize all aspects of performance and development for all store associates to encourage professional growth and build a bench of talent.
- Act as a liaison between customers, sales associates, and store leadership.
- Foster a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Previous retail management experience is desired but not required.
- Strong knowledge of and passion for swimming.
- Ability to recruit, hire, and motivate staff.
- Excellent computer skills including excel, word, and social media. Experience with Counterpoint and Magento is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
We have full-time or part-time positions available. We offer a fun and casual work environment. Hourly rates are $20-26/hr based on experience.
Benefits for full-time employees include insurance (health, dental, and vision), PTO, 401k with matching employer contribution, and employee discount. Part-time benefits include an employee discount, flexible schedule, and fun work environment.
Date posted: September 20, 2022
Location: 9915 39th Avenue, Pleasant Prairie, WI, USA
with Village of Pleasant Prairie
The Aquatics Coordinator is a full-time position in the Recreation Department Aquatics Division and is under the direct supervision of the Operations Superintendent. The primary purpose of the Aquatics Coordinator is to provide outstanding service through warm interactions. The secondary responsibilities of this position are, but not limited to: assisting the aquatics staff in program development and administration; personnel supervision; and aquatic facility administration. Employees in this classification must represent the Recreation Department in a professional manner, while having direct supervision of the Aquatics Supervisor position, members, guests, and program participants. A special emphasis is placed on department administrative operations management, more specifically, aquatic programming, business operations for aquatic programs and employee asset management.
- Must be capable of scheduling, training, supervising and evaluating a full and part time staff including the Aquatics Program Supervisor, swim instructors, and aquatic personnel of varying ages.
- Assist with hiring and training of RecPlex Lifeguards.
- Act as direct manager of the Aquatics Program Supervisor.
- Must maintain administrative records and create reports including: attendance reports, program reports, payroll documentation including approval of employee time sheets, accident reports and personnel evaluations; conduct regular performance reviews at prescribed intervals; keep staff informed of regular, new and upcoming activities, events, policies, programs and the like.
- Must develop and enforce personnel standards, guidelines and qualifications to ensure quality in area of responsibility in the RecPlex.
- Assist and train supervisor staff with aquatic staff recruitment, scheduling and in-service management, scheduling of all on boarding trainings (RecPlex and Village Staff).
- Keep track of all aquatic employee hours to stay in compliance with Village policies that are in your area of responsibility.
- Develop and track aquatic department operational processes to constantly look for improvements that could be made to enhance the overall department.
- Assist Operations Superintendent with Aquatic Department HR duties as needed.
- Work with Operations Superintendent to develop, implement, track, and maintain the aquatics budget through collaborative effort.
- Develop, lead, and assist in the organization and execution of all Aquatic Department program management including assistance in the training of all aquatic staff members.
- Develop, track, and maintain schedules for the Waterpark.
- May be asked to assist on deck in a Lifeguard capacity, assist with beach set-up, open water swims, and triathlon set-ups and guarding.
- Provide adult programming, masters swim, and private lessons as needed.
- Must coordinate with IT in repair of replacement of Aquatic Department IT equipment as needed.
- Welcome and respond to calls, questions, concerns and feedback from customers regarding your staff and programs overseen.
- Attend department, and committee meetings throughout the RecPlex.
- Must be available for weekend and evening work.
- Must be able to perform other duties and special assignments as directed by the Operations Superintendent including assignments that may be outside the primary area of employment defined as all other duties as assigned.
- Must exhibit a teamwork attitude and self-motivation, take the initiative to solve problems and innovate.
- Must know and enforce all RecPlex, Village and Department rules, regulations, policies, standard operating procedures and guidelines.
- The Aquatics Coordinator has a high degree of interaction and communication with staff and public. Exposure to stressful and emergency situations is foreseeable.
- The work schedule is subject to varying shifts, but must be available mid-day and evenings throughout the week.
- The work of the Aquatics Coordinator is performed in an indoor pool environment with exposure to warm temperatures and heavy humidity; noise, slippery surfaces, water and pool chemicals.
- Long periods of attentiveness, swimming, jumping, diving, standing, sitting, pulling, pushing, reaching, carrying, cleaning, visual monitoring, verbal and written communication, hearing, moving about pool area, moderate lifting 15-50 pounds, moving heavy chemical barrels (15-55 gallons) weighing up to 500 pounds (with proper equipment), is required.
Requirements – educational, certifications and experience
- Must have one (1) year of aquatics programming experience, preferably in the area of swim lesson programming.
- Must have or obtain within 6 months, Life Guard Certification.
- Must have or obtain within 12 months, Life Guard Instructor Certification.
- Customer service and public relation skills are required.
Date posted: September 20, 2022
Location: 6501 Antioch Road, Merriam, KS, USA
with Johnson County Park & Recreation District
The Kansas City Blazers, located in Johnson County, Kansas is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Full Time Site Director and age group coach. This position reports directly to the Head Coach.
BACKGROUND: The Kansas City Blazers swim team was established in 1975 as a department within Johnson County Parks and Recreation District (JCPRD). Through our COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE, we are a USA Swimming Level IV Club, the premier team in the region for over 40 years, and have six Olympic representatives.
The Kansas City Blazers provide a dynamic competitive swimming program for novice to elite swimmers.
The Blazers operate from five different facilities during the school year and another four outdoor facilities during the summer months. The club hosts 5-8 meets a year. As a department of Johnson County Parks and Recreation, the Blazers are able to provide financially attractive and competitive coaching opportunities.
PHILOSOPHY: To inspire and encourage individuals to develop into their full potential both in and out of the water.
The Kansas City Blazers are committed to excellence and dedicated to developing individuals and community in a supportive and nurturing environment.
As such, the program provides the following:
- An educationally sound and ethical program
- The highest quality coaching
- Create and maintain A productive and enjoyable swimming environment and community
- Recognition of each individual’s value to the Blazer program
- Teach and develop life skills through our swimming program
- Opportunities for swimmers to grow and to succeed to their highest level
- Advancement of the sport of swimming
- Assists in hiring, training, and supervising assistant coaches, ensuring all programs are implemented in a safe and effective fashion.
- Sets detailed practice schedules, arranging aquatic facility rentals as needed.
- Sets a detailed development plan for athletes, ensuring appropriate assistant coaches adhere to and implement the plan to ensure athlete development.
- Is responsible for ensuring adherence to USA Swimming Safe Sport guidelines.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with athlete parents, community organizations, school districts, and other swim groups to ensure productive partnerships are formed and maintained at a level of excellence.
- Assists in implementing public relations and communication plan to promote the value of the Blazers organization.
- Responsible for designing and organizing clinics and special events.
- Assists with all meet responsibilities.
- Assists with travel plans for team travel.
- Create a positive team oriented atmosphere where swimmers learn the values of courage and perseverance. All Blazers coaches are energetic and supporters of the sport of swimming and The Kansas City Blazers.
- Required – High School diploma
- Preferred – Bachelor’s degree in Recreation or related field.
Experience may be substituted for degree.
- Required – 2 years coaching experience.
- Required – 2 years aquatic programming.
- Required – Knowledge of stroke and turn mechanics.
Required Skills: Ability to create collaborative partnerships within the regional swimming community. Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to supervise and lead part-time staff to provide excellent customer service. Attention to detail in formulating practice schedules and development plans. Project management skills to assist overall membership and budget goals. Knowledge of swimming stroke and turning mechanics.
This is a salaried full-time position that includes full benefits. Pay rate is $23.30-$25.36 per hour.