Date posted: September 26, 2023
Location: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
with Mavericks Swimming Association
Assistant Age Group Swim Coach position for Mavericks Swimming Association in Half Moon Bay, CA. Beautiful coastal town seeking an assistant age group coach to work with swimmers ages 6 ~ 12 and to assist in expanding our growing program of 80 active athletes. Prior coaching experience and knowledge of aquatic/swim team programs is required.
Practice is held at the 6 lane/25 yard Half Moon Bay High School pool. Coaching hours, deck time vary (depending on the high school sports schedule, Fall and Spring), but are generally 4:30 ~ 6:30pm, 10 ~ 12 hours per week. ~1-2 swim meets per month. Hourly pay is dependent upon level of experience.
~ Membership in USA Swimming and successful completion of all required and approved USA Swimming certifications for swim coaches (Ex: First Aid, CPR, Lifeguarding and Safety Training). Mavericks will reimburse coaches for costs of the USA Swimming membership and required safety courses. The cost of membership in the American Swimming Coaches association (ASCA) will also be included.
- On-deck coaching of age group swimmers (ages ~ 6-12).
- Heavy focus on basic stroke mechanics & competitive swimming proficiency.
- Introduce & teach basic training concepts to the athletes.
- Introduction to meet competitions (~ 1x per month).
- Facilitate individual goal setting process with all aligned swimmers
- Establish an environment that fosters positive team attitudes, encourages self- discipline, sportsmanship, and responsibility.
- Attendance at all scheduled USA Swimming meets.
- An opportunity to grow & expand this role based on team membership growth & performance.
- Someone interested in building a premier club swimming program in the San Francisco Bay Area
- On-going communication with parents via email & in-person.
- Track athlete attendance
- Timely submission of approved business expenses for reimbursement
Date posted: September 26, 2023
with Cosmetics Gears
Date posted: September 26, 2023
Location: Flower Mound, TX, USA
with Lakeside Aquatic Club
Lakeside Aquatic Club, part of North Texas Swimming, is looking for qualified candidates to fill some part-time roles as assistant coaches. The candidates will be coaching age group swimmers in, at least, 3 workouts per week. Practices will be focused on technique and making the swimmers more efficient as they continue to develop in the sport.
They will work closely with the Head Age Group Coach for the site, as well as the site supervisor. There are opportunities for work with some other programs within the team as well. The positions should create about 10 to 15 hours of work each week.
Date posted: September 22, 2023
Location: 7223 Maumee Western Road, Maumee, OH, USA
with Sunshine Communities
Life Guard – Part-time with flexible hours
Assists Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities and other guests at our beautiful, clean heated indoor therapy pool year-round at our Maumee Campus while monitoring the activity in swimming area to prevent accidents.
· Assist with individual programming for residents
· Rescue swimmers in danger of drowning and administers first aid
· Maintain order in swimming area
· Inspect facility for cleanliness.
· Other duties as assigned
To work as a Life Guard, you must maintain a current Red Cross Water Safety and CPR/First Aid Certification
· High School Diploma or GED
· Valid Driver’s License and Auto Insurance
· 18 years or older
· Pass criminal background, drug screen and physical
· 1 year of related experience or training, preferred but not required
· Paid Training
· Paid Vacation & Personal Days
· Access to a Success Coach
· Interest Free Tuition and Small Dollar Loans
· Transportation Assistance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Training & Advancement through Sunshine U
Sunshine Communities, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in Northwest Ohio supporting individuals with developmental disabilities through residential, vocational, clinical, therapeutic, and recreational services. These services are offered in various circumstances including at our Maumee, Ohio campus and at homes within the community. In addition to programs on campus, Sunshine individuals and staff operate in downtown Maumee, Georgette’s Grounds (a coffee shop), and Sunshine Studios, an art studio space and gift store offering classes to individuals and the community.
Date posted: September 21, 2023
Location: Alcoa, TN, USA
with Prime Aquatics
Prime Aquatics, located in Alcoa, TN, is in the process of hiring a Full-Time, Head Age Group Coach. Prime has 100 swimmers on roster and operates in an outdoor, structure covered, 25 meter pool during the short course season and an outdoor 50 meter pool during the long course season.
This position is designed to assist and support the Head Coach with the day to day operation of Prime Aquatics. Under the direction and guidance of the Head Coach, the Head Age Group Coach will lead and direct the Age Group program. This is a leadership position that will support and carry out the vision, values, and behaviors of Prime Aquatics through leadership, development, and setting the direction of the age group program. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning and running in-water and dryland workouts for a group of 20-30+ swimmers
- Assisting in coaching all groups as assigned by the Head Coach
- Assisting in planning and executing team events
- Maintaining team database and team website
- Handle administrative details, including parent communication, meet entries for respective groups, supervision, and billing
- Attend and coach at all swim meets for respective groups
- Assists in coaching morning and afternoon/evening practices as assigned by the Head Coach
Key PA Head Age Group Coach Responsibilities:
- Design and execute the seasonal plan for the Age Group program
- Provide leadership and instruction to the age group swimmers
- Conduct swimmer goal meetings seasonally
- Conduct parent meetings as needed
- Help lead and facilitate staff meetings with the Head Coach
- Ensure regular communication with parents at the Age Group level
- Ensure administrative and coordination needs and requirements are met both internally and externally for Age Group swimmers
- Oversee Age Group meet entries and attend meets as required
- Maintain compliance with USA swimming coaching standards
- Follow all USA Swimming policies including SafeSport
Team Culture Responsibilities:
- Model and celebrate the team’s vision, values, and behaviors
- Work collaboratively and respectfully with all coaches, staff, and team leaders to serve in the best interest of the team and its members
- Be exceptional in the application of positive, consistent, and effective motivation strategies when working with swimmers, parents, and coaching staff in all aspects of the program
- Demonstrate a cooperative, prompt, and respectful communication style with swimmers, parents, coaching staff, and community members
Preferred Education and Experience:
- All USA Swimming Coaching Requirements or the ability to obtain these certifications before starting the job
- 5-6 years coaching experience at the USA Swimming club level
- 3-4 years supervisory role
- Certified pool operator
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base salary – commensurate with experience
- Opportunity for additional compensation through private swim lessons wherein you would receive 100% of lesson fees
- Opportunity for additional compensation through swim clinics wherein coaches would receive 75% of net revenue (60% lead coach/40%assistant coach)
- Three weeks per year of paid vacation, not to accumulate and is preferred that those weeks coincide with the team’s scheduled breaks each year
- 7 personal days of paid time with adequate coverage
Date posted: September 21, 2023
Location: 1200 South Clearview Parkway, Elmwood, LA, USA
with Elmwood Sharks
Elmwood Sharks, a USA Swimming team in suburban New Orleans and owned by Ochsner Fitness Center, is seeking assistant coaches. Assistant coaches are needed for our competitive and non-competitive groups. Hours needed are approximately 4:00-6:45pm Mon-Fri with some weekend responsibilities throughout the year. Opportunities for coaching 2-3 days/week or additional responsibilities may be available.
Qualifications: Previous competitive swimming and relevant swim coaching experience, a strong desire to help young athletes fall in love with the sport, and an interest in growing as a coach within the sport.
Requirements: Must possess, or be willing to obtain within 30 days, all USA Swimming requirements for coach certification.
Date posted: September 20, 2023
Location: 401 College Ave, Ashland, OH, USA
with Ashland University
|Position Title||Head Coaching Position – Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving|
Ashland University is an NCAA Division II institution that competes in the Great Midwest Athletic Conference (GMAC). Ashland University offers a comprehensive 24-sport athletic program. The university is located off of Interstate 71 in Ashland, Ohio, midway between Cleveland and Columbus.
Date posted: September 20, 2023
Location: 1 Cunningham Square, Providence, RI, USA
with Providence College
Assist the Head Coach with all aspects of the Swimming and Diving program.
Date posted: September 19, 2023
Location: 360 North Arroyo Boulevard, Pasadena, CA, USA
with Rose Bowl Aquatics Center
Reporting to the President and Executive Director, the Head Dive Coach is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the RBAC’s year-round dive program, including providing and coordinating high quality coaching of athletes ranging ability from beginner to elite levels. The Head Coach will work closely with the RBAC’s Executive staff members to coordinate team needs and strategically plan to maximize opportunities for the program and organization. This position may provide direct supervision to salaried staff and hourly employees, and will oversee the management of the team budget.
All staff at the Rose Bowl Aquatics Center lead through a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, both within the RBAC and with the communities that we serve.
- Develop and/or coordinate with assistant coaches season plans and training programs;
- Monitor budget to ensure team is fiscally responsible and revenue and expenditures are within allocated budget;
- Coordinate monthly reconciliation of team roster with RBAC registration collection records and USA diving membership;
- Plan and coordinate practice sessions, home competitions and meets; including bids, and facility requests for appropriate space and times;
- Provide ongoing communication and feedback to athletes and parents, as appropriate, regarding performance, achieving individual goals, and practice, meet and schedule changes;
- Develop and implement recruitment and retention strategies for athletes on the team;
- Recruit, hire, assign responsibilities, and evaluate coaching staff;
- Coordinate with RBAC staff all marketing needs and activities, including maintaining an up to date team website;
- Lead team in accordance with all applicable rules, regulations and policies in which teams and athletes participate and compete;
- Establish goals to guide overall direction of the team and develop a culture that promotes character development as well as success in the pool;
- Maintain, inventory, and ensure proper storage of all equipment, and make recommendations for team needs;
- Participate in fund raising activities for the team and RBAC; and
- Cultivate and maintain effective relationships with athletes, boosters, parents, and other RBAC staff members.
- Perform other related duties as assigned; and
- Pursue ongoing personal professional development and awareness opportunities in each of the above responsibility areas to ensure the RBAC is a top performing Aquatics environment.
- All RBAC employees are encouraged to participate in programs to act as evaluators and provide valuable feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience preferred.
Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible head coaching experience in an age-group dive coaching program, organization, club, or equivalent.
Knowledge, Abilities and/or Skills:
- Comprehensive understanding of NCAA diving and recruiting practices and rules;
- Member in good standing with USA Diving with Competitive Coach Membership;
- Advanced knowledge of U.S. Center for SafeSport policies and procedures;
- Familiarity with USA Diving requirements and qualifying standards and procedures;
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Create and implement ideas to develop and promote efficient team operations;
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with coaches, boosters, national governing bodies, private and public agencies;
- Clearly express ideas and directions verbally and in writing;
- Multi-task with the ability to prioritize multiple projects, and the ability to adjust in a fast-pace environment;
- Budget development and monitoring;
- Interpret and evaluate descriptions and explanations of problems brought forth by coaches, parents and athletes, analyze and define problems, draw value conclusions, and project the consequences of various courses of action; and
- Ability to develop and conduct camps, clinics, and training programs.
Work is generally performed outdoors involving potentially inclement weather conditions. Position requires regular contact with the public, athletes and parents. Must be able to work under pressure, exercise sound judgment, and adhere to deadlines. Some work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling light objects;
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time;
- Seeing to review and/or input information;
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and on the telephone;
- Bending at the waist, kneeling, or crouching; and
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
This position may supervise full time salaried and hourly positions as well as part-time employees.
This classification is exempt from FLSA requirements.
Full-Time; 12 months
Anticipated Hiring Range:
$75,000 – $90,000 (compensation based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience)
Date posted: September 19, 2023
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA
with Arizona Dolphins
Manage a site for Arizona Dolphins, this includes running practice, managing a 3 coach staff on site. Coach will be working with the head coach to develop schedules for practice and meets.
Date posted: September 18, 2023
Location: Illinois State University, North University Street, Normal, IL, USA
with Illinois State University
The assistant coach is responsible for assisting with various coaching,
management, and administrative duties of the swim program as assigned by
the Head Coach. The assistant coach is responsible for conducting any duties
or activities with integrity and within the rules of the National Collegiate
Athletics Association (NCAA), the Missouri Valley Conference and/or Missouri
Valley Football Conference (MVC or MVFC), the State of Illinois, Illinois State
University, and the Athletics Department.
Date posted: September 14, 2023
Location: 309 Ridgewater Drive, Polson, MT, USA
with Mission Valley Aquatics & Fitness
309 Ridgewater Dr. Polson, MT
Job Description: Swim Team Head Coach
Position Summary: The Head Coach of the Lake Monsters Swim Team will be focused on supporting the mission of the Lake Monsters Swim Team and Mission Valley Aquatics. The mission is to create a sustainable, year-round, family-oriented, USA Swimming competitive swim team program at the Mission Valley Aquatic Center. This is a full-time position and hours will vary depending on time of year and other seasonal commitments ( about 30-40 hrs/week). The primary responsibility will be to guide swim-team participants through practices, meets, and direct the other swim team staff accordingly. The position reports to the Executive Director of Mission Valley Aquatics.
Create an energetic, fun and safe environment for swimmers and families
Hold between 225 and 275 practices per year with an expected duration of 2 hours of practice/day. Employee is expected to hold practices each day, Monday through Friday throughout the year, except on holidays, according to the season schedule.
Work with the aquatic director to schedule practice times, swim meets, and other special events and clinics
Supervise swimmers during practice; ensuring swimmer safety
Explain and enforce swim team policies and procedures
Design and communicate workouts with fellow coaches to maintain curriculum consistency
Manage all USA Swimming and Montana Swimming annual registrations and swim meet entries
with attendance at an estimated 8 to 15 meets per year
Communicate regularly with parents about swimmer progress and requirements for success
Provide regular feedback about swim team operations to aquatic director
Using an approved system, maintain team record keeping (Team Unity software or comparable system)
Working with the Executive Director, oversee the coaching staff to include input for hiring, training methods and performance management
Participate in community outreach and fundraising events to promote the Swim Team and Mission Valley Aquatics – determined by the Executive Director and Board of Directors
Will attend Parent meetings as necessary and communicate effectively with swim team parents.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must know how to swim and meet all USA Swimming Coach Education Requirements
American Swim Coaches Association Level 3 or higher preferred
Thorough knowledge of age group and USA Swimming and Montana Swimming organizations and policies
Hy-Tek Team Manager or Team Unify web-based team management software knowledge
Familiarity with the USA Swimming OMR platform or willingness to learn
Ability to effectively communicate with and maintain working relationships with facility employees, general public and the Board of Directors
CPR, AED, Basic First Aid certification
Red Cross Lifeguard training and certification
USA Swimming Safe Sport Certification
Ability to swim and demonstrate stroke techniques.
Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke techniques.
Ability to lift and move equipment up to 50 lbs.
Meet and Travel:
Employee will be reimbursed for travel to and from meets, including mileage, per diem and lodging. Reimbursements will be made according to the Montana State Wage and Hour Standard Travel reimbursement rates.
Expectations and Wages:
Wages are negotiable.
MVA expects that this position will coach between 225 and 275 practices per year with an average duration of 2 hours per practice.
Position will require at least 20 hours per week for practice prep and general management/marketing for the swim team and 10 hours per week leading practices . This time should be completed at the MVA facility.
Position is authorized to attend parent meetings as necessary and to be reimbursed for hours associated with attendance at these meetings.
Time keeping software will be used for all hours coded at the MVA facility. Employee will keep track of hours spent coaching for meets as well as travel time and will report time to the Executive Director in a timely manner.
Employee will be reimbursed for travel to and from swim meets and for time spent coaching at swim meets at Montana State Wage and Hour Standard Travel reimbursement rates.
Any overtime must receive prior approval by Executive Director
Employee may not engage in the private business of coaching swimming other than for MVA and affiliations of MVA.
Probation: It is understood that the first 90 days of employment shall be probationary only and that if the Employee’s services are not satisfactory to the Employer, employment shall be terminated during or at the end of this probationary period.
Work Hours: The hours & schedule worked by the Employee may vary and be adjusted by the Employer.
Drug Screening and Background Check: The Employer reserves the right to drug test all employees, at any time, during the course of their employment. The Employer also reserves the right to run a background check on each candidate upon hire.
Date posted: September 13, 2023
SwimSwam is always on the lookout for new writers and reporters to join our growing team!
All writers are paid. Students welcome. All positions are remote.
- Must have availability to write at least 5 articles per week.
- Must have a passion for swimming, and be a regular SwimSwam reader.
- Must be a good writer.
- Must be willing to write news articles.
Students are welcome!
If you’re interested, please send a resume, availability, and a writing sample to [email protected]
Date posted: September 11, 2023
Location: 15506 State Highway 71, Bee Cave, TX, USA
with Nitro Swimming
This doesn’t happen often, but Nitro Swimming is looking to add one high quality Swimming Coach to our USA Coaching staff at our Bee Cave, Texas location. We are looking to fill the position sooner rather than later, but will not settle until we find the RIGHT person.
This coaching position would be for one of our top two highest performing groups at our Nitro Bee Cave location.
Nitro Swimming Bee Cave is located on the West/Southwest side of Austin, Texas
We have two locations, each approximately 30,000 sq ft. Both are indoor facilities, with two beautiful indoor 50 meter pools in each one.
We are currently under construction on our third indoor 50 meter location – which will be a gorgeous 40,000 sq ft swim center able to host larger meets, and we will be staffing for that location in early spring.
Who knows where this position may lead to…Through growth comes opportunity.
We are looking for that one individual who LOVES being on deck, possesses the X factor, with that rare ability to get athletes to run through walls for them (willingly!), and will stop at nothing to get us to the top.
Our Mission Statement simple. 3 sentences, 9 words:
Visible Improvement. Delivered with Passion and Joy. Every Day.
Our next Performance Coach will be someone who ENJOYS working in a fast paced positive and competitive swim environment, and is EAGER to join the hardest working coaching staff in the country and continue to take our kids to the top.
This is a salaried position. 401K plan, PTO, Health Care package including vision/dental.
But one of the most desired perks is what we call a “Rolling Day Off” awarded to our Coaches anytime they are on a pool deck covering a meet on a Sunday.
We award them a day off the deck the next week to help with their Swim/Life balance. Our Coaches LOVE those.
You must possess that never ending desire to make every athlete in front of you better in the short time you have them each day.
The energy on the pool deck driven by the coaches is what makes the Nitro engine run. Hard to describe 23 lanes of high octane energy churning at once, with coaches lined up and down the pool deck feeding off of each other, but that’s what we do.
Send me a note ([email protected]) explaining why you believe you are the one to take our kids to the top. Also include your competitive swimming and coaching experience with references.
Looking to fill this as soon as we know it’s the right person.
If you’re THE Coach who overachieves with what you have in front of you, always producing, but perhaps are undercompensated, underfunded, lack of pool space/time, too many restrictions/ influences/board issues preventing you from doing the job you love to do, even perhaps underappreciated—this might be the opportunity you’ve been waiting a long time for.
We’re Coach owned, Coach run. Time to take your shot and make it happen. Let’s Go Nitro!
Looking forward to hearing from you. You can also learn a little more about us at www.nitroswim.com.
Thank You! Mike Koleber, Nitro Swimming.
Date posted: September 11, 2023
Location: 151 McIntire Road, Charlottesville, VA 22902, USA
with Cavalier Aquatics
Under the direction of the Head Coach, the Assistant Senior Coach will guide the Cavalier Aquatics, year-round competitive swim program by providing leadership, coaching, and mentoring to student-athletes in the greater Charlottesville Community. Cavalier Aquatics is a highly respected team for its ability to develop national-level swimmers while also providing a fun, educational environment for swimmers of all ages and abilities.
- Instructs Cavalier Aquatics swim practices in accordance with YMCA guidelines, having prepared lesson plans accordingly.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with swimmers and parents; helps them connect with each other and the YMCA.
- Provides excellent member service and creates a positive program environment with encouragement, goal setting and positive reinforcement.
- Encourages parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
- Conveys information on aquatics programs and schedules and as appropriate refers swimmers and parents to other programs.
- Leads by example while adhering to YMCA policies and being a role model both on and off the pool deck.
- Maintains records as required (i.e. attendance, progress reports, etc.).
- Remains current in knowledge of, and operates within YMCA swimming rules and regulations. Attends staff meetings, trainings, and appropriate swim meets as scheduled.
- In coordination with the Aquatics director and head coach, ensures that swimmers’ individual accounts are being accurately credited/debited for payments/charges. Ensures that regular statements are provided to each swimmer.
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Adheres to YMCA’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Advancing Our Mission & Cause: Engaging Community, Volunteerism, Philanthropy, Change Leadership
- Building Relationships: Collaboration, Communication & Influence, Inclusion
- Leading Operations: Critical Thinking & Decision Making, Fiscal Management, Functional Expertise, Innovation, Program/Project Management
- Developing & Inspiring People: Developing Self & Others, Emotional Maturity
- Coaching member in good standing with USA Swimming and USA Safe Sport compliant.
- Must have competitive swim coaching experience and demonstrate effective coaching skills.
- The ability to lead through communication, healthy motivatation, and guide swimmers of all ages.
- Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Background check through USA Swimming,
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches (online and in water), Foundations of Coaching 101, Athlete Protection Training.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke techniques.
- Ability to lift equipment, and to lift a small to average size child.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach and must be able to move around the work environment.