with University of Nevada, Las Vegas
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for Assistant Coach, Men’s and Women’s Diving (R0116632)
This position reports to the Head Coach of Swimming and Diving, and has oversight over all duties related to coaching, administration, compliance and recruiting as the chief coach for Diving. This position is responsible for creating and implementing a training plan for divers, including strength and conditioning activities, while abiding by all federal, state, NCAA and University laws, rules and regulations.
1.An active coach with a desire to pursue a career in collegiate coaching.
2.Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but may be waived in lieu of extensive coaching experience.
3.Experience: coaching at the NCAA level (collegiate) or the Jr. Nat’l level (club), or high-level experience as a collegiate diver.
4.Proficient at high-level training methods for divers, such as:
a.Hand and belt spotting
b.Video feedback and review
c.Effective use of a dryland facility that includes a trampoline/dry board/flip station/spring floor
d.Efficient tower training trips to off-site facilities in CA or AZ
5.Can maintain all diving equipment, for safety and performance.
6.Demonstrate honesty, high standards, intelligence, creativity, and fair treatment of student-athletes
7.Recruiting: be willing, enthusiastic, and organized. Have fluency on mediums used to connect with recruits (texting, WhatsApp, social media, etc.)
8.Can provide examples of how you are leaving your current program better than it was when you arrived.
with Mavericks Swimming Association
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Membership in USA Swimming and successful completion of all required certifications
- Plan and schedule all MAVS programs; develop curriculum, schedule and staffing plan for all routine practice sessions
- Attend in coach capacity and manage all staff during all practice sessions
- Participate in staff recruitment and evaluation activities
- Evaluate programs seasonally and report back to the MAVS Board with recommendations on new or expanding business ideas
- Make recommendations on training (seminars, conventions, workshops, and other extended learning opportunities) for MAVS coaches and lifeguards
- Complete an accurate and timely monthly timesheet
- Attend all swim meets in which MAVS swimmers are participating in
- Communicate with MAVS Board, parents, and swimmers in a courteous and timely manner during on deck hours when appropriate, by phone, and/or
- Report planned and unplanned absences to the MAVS Board and coaching staff andensure that proper coaching coverage is provided for all practices and/or swim meets
- Submit a schedule for meets and other scheduled activities to MAVS Board on a quarterly basis?
- Ensure that accurate daily attendance records for all MAVS groups are maintained
- Supervise swimmers in accordance with Board guidelines regarding travel procedures and Code of Conduct, as outlined in the “Mavericks Swim Association” (MAV) Handbook
- Manage communication; web site, meet information and team records
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inspiration – Motivates and develops self-motivation among swimmers of all abilities; Challenges and supports athletes to maximize their personal and team-oriented potential; Creates a physically and emotionally inclusive culture among and between staff and swimmers.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills. Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; made by Board of Directors
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Quantity Completes work in timely manner.
- Minimum of 5 years coaching experience as head or assistant coach
- ASCA Level 2 Certification or higher
- Member of ASCA and USA Swimming
- Competitive swimming experience required
- Experience with swim meet and team management software: Team Unify
- Current CPR for the professional Rescuer, AED and First Aid certifications
- Current Oxygen Administration certification
- Current Lifeguard certification
- Current WSI or YSI
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches certification
with Johnson County Park & Recreation District
Johnson County Park & Recreation District seeks an energetic competitive assistant swim coach to join our team! This position: Assists in hiring, training, and supervising site coaches, ensuring all programs are implemented in a safe and effective fashion. Sets detailed practice schedules, arranging aquatic facility rentals as needed. Sets detailed development plan for athletes, ensuring appropriate site coaches adhere to and implement the plan to ensure athlete development. Is responsible for ensuring adherence to USA Swimming Safe Sport guidelines. Cultivates and maintains relationships with athlete parents, community organizations, school districts, and other swim groups to ensure productive partnerships are formed and maintained at a level of excellence. Assists in implementing public relations and communication plan to promote the value of the Kansas City Blazers organization. Responsible for designing and organizing clinics and special events. Assists with all meet responsibilities. Assists with travel plans for team travel.
Days/Hours: M-F, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. & 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., weekends as needed
Requirements: Education: High School diploma, preferred Bachelor’s degree in Recreation or related field. Experience may be substituted for degree. Experience: Two years swim coaching experience and two years aquatic programming. Knowledge of stroke and turn mechanics. Ability to create collaborative partnerships within the regional swimming community. Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to supervise and lead part-time staff to provide excellent customer service. Attention to detail in formulating practice schedules and development plans. Project management skills to assist overall membership and budget goals. Knowledge of swimming stroke and turning mechanics. The successful candidate must possess a valid driver’s license and pass driving and criminal history background checks.
We offer great benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance. Retirement plans: KPERS and optional 457 deferred compensation plan with a 3% employer match. Vacation and sick leave and 12 paid holidays per year.
with Tiger Aquatics
Tiger Aquatics located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana is searching for a new Head Coach to lead our established program. Tiger Aquatics (TAQ) runs out of 4 different pools in the Baton Rouge area all running as their own satellite (usually don’t cross pools for training) Head Coach will run training groups out of our main site on the campus of Louisiana State University (indoor 50 meter x 25 yard pool with separate diving well). Because of it’s location, potential for association with NCAA program (volunteer coach) could be discussed.
Head Coach will have complete oversight of the aquatic portion of the team including but not limited to: satellite and coach supervision, coach education, pre-national to national level coaching groups, meet hosting, athlete registration, travel meets, meet entries and team communication.
Head Coach reports to Club Owner and has significant communication with business manager as well.
Salary is competitive for market and club size and can offer individual health care benefits, potential for moving expenses. Anticipated start date would be August 1st but that may be negotiable for right fit in addition to other potential benefits.
with Greensboro Aquatic Center
|This is a key technical resource for the Aquatic Center Water Quality and Safety Maintenance and Operation overseeing a variety of pump room equipment, automated systems, chemicals and part time staff associated with maintaining three pools. The position requires considerable knowledge of principles and practices, as well as operation, maintenance and repair of complex filtration and water chemistry including analysis, calculation and addition of a variety of chemicals necessary to achieve proper water balance. This position is responsible for maintaining the Health department code requirements including pool water chemistry, safety code requirements, proper record keeping and reporting of incidents and procedure in dealing with fecal incidents, chemical storage and use. A primary focus is maintaining and monitoring the pool water during daily use and competitions inclusive of water temperatures, turn over filtration rates, clarity and chemical balance, as well as weekly and monthly maintenance on all pump room equipment, backwashing filters, changing media and UV bulbs, automatic control feeder settings and adjustments. Candidates must be able to operate, calibrate and trouble shoot a Catt 5000 chemical controller, make mathematical calculations to determine ratios of chemicals to water volume to raise or lower PH chlorine, reduce chloramines and or shock the pools. This job is Non-Exempt and is subject to the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act|
An Ideal Candidate Would Also Possess (Preferred Qualifications:
with Washington College
Washington College, a member of the Centennial Conference and Division III NCAA, is seeking an outstanding candidate for a full time (12 month) Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach. The successful candidate will have previous experience coaching men’s and women’s swimming at the college level and be able to administer all aspects of a collegiate men’s and women’s swimming program including but not limited to the recruitment of qualified student athletes; compliance with NCAA and Washington College guidelines; scheduling, organizing and conducting practices and competitions; and budget management.
Washington College is one of the nation’s leading liberal arts institutions located in the historic town of Chestertown on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. Situated on the scenic Chester River we are an easy driving distance from the major metropolitan areas of Annapolis, Washington, DC, Baltimore and Philadelphia.
- Organizes and conducts all practice sessions for the swim team
- Recruits student-athletes for the swimming program
- Ensures institutional compliance of swimming program by adhering to all policies and procedures of the NCAA and Centennial Conference as well as all Washington College policies and procedures
- Monitors academic progress of swimmers through advising and referrals
- Works with Athletic Communication & Compliance staff regarding media relations for the swim program
- Supervises the duties of assistant coaches
- Assists with the scheduling, providing of officials and transportation for intercollegiate contests for the swim program
- Develops and recommends budget data; authorizes expenditures in accordance with approved budget; approves budgets and expenses of direct reports. Orders equipment for use by the men’s and women’s swim teams, disburses funds for meals on athletic trips and serves as supervisor for all varsity swimming functions.
- Works with training staff to ensure that all athletes are medically cleared to participate
- Works with athletic department office to ensure that all athletes meet NCAA eligibility requirements
- Coordinates fundraising for the swim program
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required. Previous coaching experience at the high school, club, or college level in swimming required. Working knowledge of computers, including word processing and database software require.
with Singapore Swimming Association
- Reports to Executive Director SSA and works with President SSA, Secretary-General SSA, VP Water Polo, VP Diving and VP Artistic Swimming
- Direct reports: 1) Water polo Head Coach, 2) Diving Head Coach, 3) Artistic Swimming Head Coach, 4) Water polo pathway manager, 5) Diving and Artistic Swimming Pathway Manager, 6) Water Polo Sport Manager, 7) Diving Sport Manager, 8) Artistic Swimming Sport Manager
- Key Responsibilities
- Provides strategic leadership and direction to enhance and optimize athlete performance, coach effectiveness, club development and curriculum development in the aquatic sports of water polo, diving and artistic swimming.
- Key thought leader and is committed to developing and implementing strategies that successfully achieve SSA’s vision and mission and in alignment with SSA’s core objectives as detailed in the Multi Year Sports Plan (MYSP).
- Engages and collaborates with stakeholders including SNOC, SportSG, affiliate clubs, schools and parent support groups.
- Aid in the exploration and possible introduction and growth of additional aquatic sports that come under the purview of SSA
- Aided by a team of coaches, sport managers, pathway managers and sport specific consultants, the Sport Director focuses on delivering and executing programming with measurable results that continuously improve members’ ability to achieve their highest levels of success in the sport of Water Polo, Diving and Artistic Swimming. The Sport Director need not be a technical expert of the 3 aquatic sports but will evolve best practices, efficiently uses resources, effectively communicates, and enthusiastically promotes the aquatic sports of water polo, diving and artistic swimming in the following areas
- Develop, enhance, & enable the multi-year high performance water polo, diving and artistic swimming plans with the coaches in preparation for Major Games.
- Build national pride and team spirit amongst the high performance aquatics ecosystem.
- Develop and manage a rigorous and systematic framework and technology for selection, monitoring, and profiling of aquatic athletes, including the annual selection for national squads
- Integrate the comprehensive and customized use of sports medicine and sports science (i.e. SSI and NYSI) at different levels of the performance pathway.
- Establish a 4-year rolling national annual calendar of aquatic events (local and international) with key stakeholders
- Identify, engage, and develop local coaches to build a coaching talent pool towards achieving the vision of Singapore’s high performance aquatics
- Develop an enhanced training and development pathway and establish a system to develop high quality and professional coaches in the community, clubs or high performance sport programmes via the Singapore Coach Excellence (SG-Coach) Programme.
- Coaches trained in this programme will gain multi-dimensional skills in the area of sports science, coaching, life skills, evidence-based practices and will be able to promote social values and principles
- Develop, enhance, & enable the multi-year pathway development water polo, diving and artistic swimming plans, including Long Term Athlete Development Pathway and Long Term Coaching Development.
- Develop, manage and execute an integrated performance pathway from Learn-to-Play to Clubs, thereby enabling the LTAD pathway.
- Increase the number of aquatic clubs and athletes with high performance capability.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum 5 years of working in the sports or coaching industry.
- Demonstrated proficiency to use athlete performance data to develop, plan and implement programming and services to achieve SSA performance objectives.
- Experienced in managing and nurturing a team to achieve measurable results
- Demonstrated ability in building relationships and managing conflict
- Willing to work on weekends
The ideal candidate:
- Has passion for sports and experienced in managing at least 1 sport that is actively participated in Singapore with a high performance pathway.
- Demonstrates exceptional verbal and written skills to effectively communicate with a diverse membership of athletes, coaches, volunteers, staff, and members.
- Shows recognized ability to develop positive professional relationships within an organization.
- Works well in a collaborative team setting, in a member-represented nonprofit organization with proven problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Exhibits a history of a disciplined and goal-oriented self-starter with a high level of initiative. Proves strong planning, organizational, and time management skills to work efficiently and independently.
- Exhibits a systematic and process driven methodology in planning and action, with attention to detail and an ability to influence others.
with YMCA of DeKalb County Dolphins
The primary function of this position is to assume responsibility for directing the swim team, including the organization and running of practices, involved participation in meets, supervision of team volunteers (if applicable), and communication with other coaches. The Head Coach serves as a motivational figure that inspires high morale and builds team cohesiveness through leading by example.
The youth team is split into three groups based on skill level. All three groups practice on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings; the top two groups practice on Friday evening. Swim meets occur an average of 3 times a month on Saturdays at YMCAs around northeastern Indiana and in Michigan.
with Penn State Erie, The Behrend College
Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swim Coach
The Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming coach will be responsible for the organization, development, and leadership of student athletes at the University. Duties will include the recruitment and retention of top prospect student athletes; establishing a competitive schedule; coordinating practice and skill development; and designing strategies which prepare the team for competition. The Assistant Coach will also mentor the student-athletes to ensure both academic and athletic success while managing the team budget and organizing sports camps and booster activities. This role also plays a key role in ensuring adherence to University, conference, and NCAA rules and regulations. Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher plus one year of related experience. This is a fixed-term appointment funded for one year from date of hire with excellent possibility of re-funding. This is a 91.7% full-time equivalency (FTE) job. Month off is June. Full Penn State benefits included.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
with American Energy Swim Club
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Junior Level Coach of American Energy Swim Club demonstrates leadership and responsibility in coaching our Junior group (swimmers ages 13 – 16). S/he will be involved in all aspects of the AESC program, including (but not limited to) scheduling, training, performance, and safety.
- Competitive swimming experience (Preferred)
- Swim coaching experience (Required)
- Current CPR, First Aid, Coaches Safety, Safe Sport certifications, and membership in good standing with USA Swimming
- Plan and conduct 2-3 hours per day of on-deck coaching.
- Effectively communicate with parents, swimmers, and other coaches (in person, email, and phone).
- Coordinate and develop group goals,
- Coordinate online meet entries (Team Unify)
- Attend all scheduled swim meets, meetings, and team functions as required.
- Travel to out of town meets as needed.
with University of Wisconsin-La Crosse
The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse is searching for an Assistant Swim Coach/Equipment Manager.
Assistant Swim Coach (50%, 9-month appointment):The position of Assistant Swimming Coach will report directly to UWL’s Head Swimming & Diving Coach. The Assistant Coach will assist in the management of daily operations of a Division III intercollegiate swimming and diving program competing in the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, with responsibilities including, but not limited to, assisting in the planning, recruiting, coaching, developing, implementing, and administering of the swimming and diving program (“UWL Swimming & Diving”) to meet University and Department objectives. The Assistant Coach must conduct themselves in such a way as to enhance respect for the University, the Department, UWL Swimming & Diving and UWL student athletes.
Equipment Manager (50%, 9-month appointment):The Equipment Manager reports directly to the Deputy Director of Athletics and will assist in overseeing all facets of a comprehensive college athletics equipment, apparel and laundry operation. Duties include inventorying, maintaining, storing, ordering, and distributing equipment, uniforms, and apparel used by UWL’s intercollegiate athletic teams; managing and maintaining the equipment room, locker room facilities, and associated equipment; hiring, training, and supervising a student equipment staff; and performing other administrative tasks. The Equipment Manager must comply with all applicable NCAA and WIACrules and regulations.
with Sharks Swim Club
Sharks Swim Club, located in Friendswood, Tx. (SE Houston) is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and organized age group coach to help our growing team & swimmers achieve their ultimate potential in skill development and competition preparation while promoting a creative, positive and healthy team environment. The scope of this Full-time coach is for groups is primarily, 9 -14 yrs., but could vary depending on the qualifications/experience of the coach hired.
Essential Job Tasks include:
- Current USA Swimming coaching credentials and abide by USA Swimming code of conduct.
- Site or Lead coach for 2 Age groups – Mon.-Fri. 4:30-8:00 pm, Saturdays 3 hrs.
- Administrative tasks-such as Meet entries, newsletter, and group/team communications.
- Aid in recruitment of new swimmers thru various means, including stroke clinics.
Coaching Qualifications & Expectations include:
- Preferred three or more years of competitive coaching experience with a USA Swimming member club. Preferred ASCA Level 3 or higher (consider Level 2).
- A college degree (preferred -but not required)
- Applicant should have experience that illustrates excellent communication & motivation skills with children, taking into consideration varied social, emotional & physical attributes.
- Enthusiastic with a desire for continuing coaching education & sharing.
- Passion for working with swimmers of all ages and abilities – developmental to senior level.
- The applicant must understand the importance of teamwork and will be committed to helping the over-all program advance. Can work well independently & in team environment.
Compensation is competitive within the Gulf LSC, with benefits) and based on experience the administration skill set the person brings to the team. We also provide opportunities for coach growth and development, including clinics, traveling to higher level meets, and training trips. Coaches receive reimbursement for appropriate meet expenses, professional certifications and coaching memberships.
Practice is held primarily at Friendswood High School -13 lane indoor facility along with other nearby facilities including 50-meter pool. This an opportunity to work with highly qualified /diverse coaching staff. We also have a complimentary lesson and feeder program that leads into our competitive program. The club is coach run/directed with a supportive parent group and board of 5 of primarily non-team members.
The objective is to have the position filled by mid to late July and start coaching late August.
with YMCA of Greater Charlotte
This position is located the Keith Family YMCA in University area of Charlotte, NC!! Want to make a difference? We are looking for cause driven individuals that want to grow as leaders while serving their community. Lifeguards learn leadership skills at the Y and are essential to ensuring a safe environment around our pools. Lifeguards at the YMCA provide people of all ages and backgrounds an opportunity for water safety education, to learn to swim and meet their fitness goals.
Please apply directly on our website: https://tinyurl.com/y2ojvjvj
**or go to www.ymcacharlotte.org/careers to see all of our current openings.
Compensation & Benefits:
YMCA employees receive a FREE membership with access to all YMCAs across the United States. Additional program discounts up to 20% off for you and members in your household. YMCA also contributes 12% of annual salary to eligible staff members retirement account.
Let us help you get certified as a Lifeguard:
If you do not have current certifications, that is ok! We would like to tell you more about our upcoming trainings in the Charlotte area. Your lifeguard certification will be completely FREE (normally $200) if you become a lifeguard for the Y.
Under the supervision of the Aquatics Director and in accordance with the Christian mission of the YMCA, Lifeguards maintain safe swimming conditions in the pool and deck areas. Build positive relationships with members and program participants through effective listening and verbal skills. Creatively find ways to connect participants to one another and the YMCA community. Lifeguards allow the Y to offer life-changing programs in the areas of youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When we do this effectively, we deliver on our cause as a nonprofit by strengthening our community.
Let us help you get certified as a Lifeguard:
If you do not have current certifications, that is ok! We would like to tell you more about upcoming trainings in the Charlotte area. Feel free to contact a branch near you and ask for the Aquatics Director for more information or visit our website for class offerings.
• Maintain constant surveillance of the pool area/body of water, know/review all emergency procedures and respond to emergency situations immediately.
• Responds to emergency situations in assigned zone. Assists in communicating emergency situations outside of assigned zone.
• Perform first aid when necessary and complete appropriate incident/accident reports.
• Know, understand, and consistently communicate policies and guidelines for the pool, body of water, and whirlpool.
• Performs daily routine chores and maintenance of waterpark to ensure neat and orderly appearance.
•Provides superior customer service to all guests by assisting all in a polite and expedient manner.
• Participate in all branch safety and quality drills.
• Attend all required monthly and y early in-service trainings.
• Arrive 10 minutes prior to start of scheduled shift.
• Engage in active listening with members in order to build relationships, understand each individual’s goals and interests an d take the initiative to assist in the achievement of those goals.
EDUCATION & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be at least 16 years old
• Preferred candidates will have and maintain current certifications for YMCA or American Red Cross Lifeguard, CPR and First Aid (American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer, American Heart Association Health Care Provider, Oxygen Administration and AED. If ARC Lifeguard certified, must cross over to YMCA Lifeguard within 30 days of hire.
• Upon hire if the candidate is not lifeguard certified he/she must become certified within 30 days.
• Must successfully complete at least two hours of practical guarding at branch prior to first shift.
• Ability to pass lifeguard water test.
• Must be able to remain alert with no lapses of consciousness in a warm environment with air temperatures of 80 degrees or higher.
• Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
• Audible awareness of noises and distress signals in surroundings.
• Observe all areas of the pool with clear vision.
• Perform all needed rescues and survival skills.
• Communicate verbally, including projecting voice across distance in in a dynamic, potentially loud environment.
• Perform all needed rescues, resuscitation and survival skills.
• Think in abstract, solve problems and make quick decisions.
• Act swiftly in an emergency.
with The University of Texas Permian Basin
The general responsibilities for this position include:
• Promoting the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program, including adhering to all departmental policies and procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of UTPB, the NCAA, Lone Star Conference, and those set forth by the University of Texas System and State of Texas.
• In conjunction with the head coach, planning and executing a successful program that would include duties such as: conducting regular practice sessions; coaching the student-athletes; evaluating the student-athletes’ performance in practice and competition; monitoring the conditioning and training of student-athletes; advising and counseling student-athletes regarding their obligations to comply with all rules and regulations related to financial aid and eligibility, as well as personal conduct and appearance.
• In the absence of the head coach, the assistant will represent the program during practices and games.
• Arranging recruiting functions including on-and-off campus visits, evaluations and contacts, and documenting all activities as required per NCAA rules. Engaging in all aspects of opponent scouting including breaking down film into manageable clips for student-athletes to view.
• Scheduling and supervising individual student-athlete workouts.
• Participating in public relations activities as approved, including granting interviews with newspaper, radio, and television media. Coordinating and implementing approved fundraising activities.
• Ensuring that necessary athletic equipment is available and in proper condition for scheduled practices and competition and make recommendations for repairs and replacements as necessary.
• Participating in clinics, exhibitions and camps, as approved. Attending coaches’ preparatory meetings and implements strategies resulting from these meetings.
• Performing administrative tasks such as scheduling, travel arrangements, budget preparation and monitoring, and maintaining statistics. The assistant coach may be required to drive athletes to/from events in a 12-person van.
• Providing a written detailed account annually for all athletically related income and benefits earned from sources outside the institution, per NCAA bylaws.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
This is an exempt position. As an exempt employee your schedule may vary based on the number of hours needed to meet the job responsibilities. The individual holding this position may need to be available early morning, evening, and weekends to meet the needs of the athletic department.
with Canisius College
Assistant Coach for Swimming and Diving
Canisius is a member of the Division I Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference. The Assistant Coach reports to the Head Coach for Swimming and Diving. This is a part-time position.
- Instruct and evaluate well-prepared student-athletes.
- Organize and execute individual skill instruction for players.
- Schedule and coordinate conditioning drills and workouts in conjunction with assigned strength training coach.
- Assist with academic advisement, monitoring and development of student-athletes.
- Recruit qualified student athletes for Canisius College swimming and diving program.
- Assist with team travel and recruiting trip arrangements.
- Assist with coordinating official and unofficial visits, written correspondence and telephone communications.
- Ensure the swimming and diving program is administered with constant commitment to compliance with all institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Competing and/or coaching experience at the Division I level is preferred.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations is preferred.
- Previous experience supervising, communicating with, and instructing student-athletes is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to work with a diverse population of student-athletes, parents, coaches, and administrators.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a positive driving record per the college’s insurance provider (or upon moving to NYS obtain a NYS driver’s license within NYS DMV residency guidelines after hire).