Date posted: January 31, 2023
with Grown-Up Swimming
Grown-Up Swimming is looking for league directors to be the boots on the ground for the next Swim League in the following cities: Austin, Dallas/Ft Worth, Richmond, South Florida, Tampa, Philadelphia, Chicago, and many more.
The League Director will be considered a good fit if they have:
- A passion for swimming
- A strong network in the swimming community
- An ability to sell & market the league’s benefits to experienced and novice swimmers of all ages
- A flexible schedule to handle time commitment during Grown-Up Swim Season
- Fun. Please have fun with this.
The League Director’s main responsibilities include:
- Uphold Grown-Up Swimming brand standards: Have fun, Create a fun atmosphere, Strongly encourage others to have fun, Manage a safe environment
- Recruiting teams to join the league (or convincing team captains to pull together a collection of swimmers into a team)
- Securing pools to host meets
- Handling league-specific communications to Team Captains and swimmers
- Executing/operating up to 4-5 meets according to league rules & Grown-Up Swimming, LLC SOPs
- Securing local sponsors
This is a paid contractor position. Pay is variable based on the number of swimmers in each league.
Date posted: January 30, 2023
Location: Kingsport, TN, USA
with Barracuda Swim Club of Northeast Tennessee
Assistant to the Head Coach / Head Site Coach
The Barracuda Swim Club of Northeast Tennessee has an immediate opening for a full-time Head Site Coach at its Kingsport, TN, location. The site coach will answer directly to the Barracuda Swim Club head coach.
The Barracuda Swim Club is a well-established (1959) year-round USAS team that operates out of two sites approximately 20 miles apart. It is directed by a parents’ board, on which the head coach and head site coach have both voice and vote. The current head coach has been with the program since 2002.
The Kingsport site trains primarily at the Kingsport Aquatic Center – a state-of-the art 50 meter indoor facility with moveable bulkheads that was opened in May, 2013. The team is stable, having been founded in 1959. The community is located in beautiful northeast Tennessee, close to hiking and biking trails, waterfalls, and other outdoor recreational activities. The cost of living in Tennessee is 10% below the national average, making the area an affordable place to live.
The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics, skills and certifications:
(1) A strong background in teaching sound stroke technique
(2) Strong communication skills in both group and individual situations, written and verbal.
(3) The ability to create and implement comprehensive teaching and training plans appropriate to swimmers’ages and ability levels.
(4) The ability and willingness to coach swimmers of all levels – from novice participants through nationalqualifiers.
(5) The ability to manage, direct and mentor part-time assistant coaches.
(6) The ability to foster and maintain a collaborative relationship with pool staff.
(7) The ability to manage lane usage, program costs, and pool logistics.
(8) A positive, personable, and enthusiastic demeanor.
(9) The drive to grow the program in terms of both membership numbers and swimming competency.
(10) The ability and willingness to work with a strong coaching staff and dedicated parents’ board for the betterment of the club.
(11) Current required certifications and training (or the ability to obtain them readily), including background checks.
(12) Familiarity with Team Manager, Meet Manager and Team Unify software and platforms is desirable.
A generous compensation package includes:
A base salary of between $28,000 and $33,000 per year.
Reimbursed medical insurance
A moving allowance of up to $1500.
Reimbursed meet and travel expenses.
The cost of mandated USA Swimming courses
Membership fees for USA Swimming and ASCA
An annual budgeted amount for professional development.
Date posted: January 29, 2023
Location: Palm Desert, CA, USA
with Palm Desert Swim Club
Palm Desert Swim Club is seeking an inspiring and energetic assistant age group coach(es) with excellent leadership, communication, and team building skills to support the club’s membership and established coaching staff.
About PDSC: PDSC
- Establishing an environment that fosters positive team attitude while teaching self-discipline, sportsmanship, responsibility, and respect.
- Coordinating with the head coach to develop and implement a swim training program that is technically, age, and developmentally appropriate, for both water and dryland training, which allows swimmers of different abilities to reach their highest potential while considering all learning styles.
- Communicating and working effectively with the head coach, other coaches, parents of swimmers, and the board of directors regarding all matters of the club.
- Demonstrating mature judgment, reliability, availability, and ethical behavior including punctuality, confidentiality, positive and constructive feedback, and the ability to function in a multi-task environment.
- Working flexible hours including nights and weekends, and attending swim meets.
- Being a positive role model, maintaining high ethical and moral standards, and adhering to all rules and policies of PDSC and USA Swimming.
Compensation: Competitive compensation will be offered commensurate with experience and credentials. Possible pay increases with experience and growth.
Approximate Hours: Several weekday evenings between approximately 3:45-7:00pm, although precise hours and days of work vary. Some weekends for meets or occasional weekend practice.
- Have or immediately obtain all USA Swimming coaching requirements
- Successfully clear USA Swimming- and California-required background checks
Date posted: January 29, 2023
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
with Los Angeles Area Club
The selected applicant will be responsible for daily operations of the year-round competitive swim program and
report to the Board.
● Uphold the club’s mission and vision.
● Supervise, educate and mentor all assistant coaches. Ensure all coaches are up to date with certifications.
● Attend Coastal Committee (Southern California & USA Swimming) meetings on behalf of our program and
report to the Board on meetings attended
● Develop, monitor and update individual swimmer plans based on their goals, including target meets, events,
● Design and oversee seasonal training for all groups.
● Coach swimmers. Expected on deck presence 6 days a week for 25 hours per week.
● Paid vacation to be taken during regular scheduled team breaks only
● Direct staff meetings as required.
● Set workout schedules.
● Determine workout group for each athlete and update group requirements/progression as needed.
● Arrange and oversee tryouts for all new swimmers
● Track hours worked by assistant coaches. Obtain Board approval prior to assigning additional hours
● Maintain roster on TeamUnify.
● Ensure all swimmers are registered with USA swimming.
● Conduct swimmer appraisals quarterly.
● Maintain swimmers attendance at workouts.
● Use available Go-Pro and dry land equipment in support of individual and group training goals
● Set team meet schedule for all groups and obtain approval from the Board.
● Staff scheduled meets.
● Attend meet (expected min 1 per month).
● Meet entry submission and payment in accordance with meet deadlines.
● Process monthly billing (through TeamUnify) including meet fees and other miscellaneous charges.
● Make travel plans and travel arrangements as needed.
● Act as Meet Coordinator (communicate with host teams/admin and swimmers prior to meets, organize meet
● Upload meet results and team records to TeamUnify.
● Establish and maintain regular and timely communication with swimmers, parents, coaches and board
members (via TeamUnify).
● Oversee team website, Instagram, and Facebook account. (Task can be delegated to an assistant coach)
● Assist in marketing the swim team and act as media liaison.
● Provide a quarterly program report to the Board.
● Hold a parent meeting each quarter to educate and inform parents.
● Assist and support all fundraising activities. Support delegated Board Member in charge of fundraising.
● Prior experience as a Head Coach preferred.
● Prospective employees must be USA-Swimming registered swim coach and able to pass USA-Swimming
background check and USA-Swimming Athlete Protection Program.
● Proficient in TeamUnify.
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with all levels of athletes, parents, Board and
● Good team management skills, highly organized with great attention to detail.
● Up-to-date understanding of coaching techniques through research and continuing education.
● Track record of swimmer retention, recruitment, and development at all levels.
● Bachelor’s degree and college swimming experience preferred.
● Minimum of 3 references.
Date posted: January 28, 2023
Location: 8324 Old Madison Pike, Madison, AL, USA
with Madison Swimming Association (MSA-SE)
Position: Head Swim Coach for Madison Swimming Association (MSA)
Location: Madison, AL
Madison Swimming Association (MSA) is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time salaried Head Swim Coach position. MSA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization overseen by a member elected Board of Directors and has been serving the North Alabama Community for over 30 years. MSA has approximately 165 swimmers each year with athletes ranging from 5 to 18 years old and ability level from beginner to representing the club at the highest levels of USA Swimming, including Olympic Trial Qualifiers. Madison Swimming Association’s purpose is to help participants go as far as they wish in the sports of swimming and diving while teaching discipline, hard work, goal orientation, sportsmanship, and fun.
Provide training appropriate for swim club members to include but not limited to the following:
- Organize, instruct and supervise multiple practice groups from Monday to Friday, plus Saturday mornings
- Develop season and practice goals for all groups
- Develop and implement training programs and on deck instruction, as needed based on age and skill level
- Develop and implement dryland programs for all groups
- Provide a stable, professional, and positive environment for all MSA athletes
Provide supervision and direction of coaching and administrative duties to include but not limited to the following:
- Recruit, supervise, and mentor Assistant Coaches to ensure a reliable, cohesive, and positive environment with an emphasis on teamwork and personal growth. Ensure appropriate coach coverage for practice sessions
- Create season training plans for stroke technique progression, dryland progression, and training progression for all levels and effectively communicate to swimmers and coaches
- Manage the meet calendar, entries, and results. Determine coach coverage at meets – attend majority of meets personally
- Serve as liaison with the pool management and staff to determine availability and schedule pool use
- Communicate between coaches, athletes, and parents regarding training and competition
- In coordination with the Board of Directors, assist in the planning of home meets, team travel, team fundraising, and team social functions. Prepare and present monthly Coach’s Report at Board Meetings; attend all team Board meetings and SES Technical Planning Committee Meeting (coaches) and House of Delegates (HOD) meetings.
- Provide an environment that is in compliance with all applicable Club, USA Swimming, and Southeastern Swimming (SES) regulations, including current Safe Sport policies. Mutual respect should extend to the Coach-Swimmer, Coach-Parent, and Coach-Official relationships. The Head Coach should be a model of sportsmanship.
- Build relationships with local school districts and aquatic staff and help grow the club.
- Prefer minimum of 5 years of coaching experience in a competitive swim environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Experienced in developing swimmers from entry level swimmers to high level competitors
- Experienced in dryland training programs for swimmers
- Ability to work well with and effectively communicate with swimmers, parents, and staff
- Efficient computer skills including but not limited to Meet Manager and Team Unify
- Ability to create a positive training environment for all swimmers
- Enthusiasm for continuing coaching education
- Maintain all swim coaching certifications required by, and remain in good standing with, USA Swimming and Southeastern Swimming
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with coaching experience ranging from $50,000 – $70,000 per year
- Annual stipend for health insurance
- Reimbursement for meet expenses, travel, professional dues, certification costs and other educational classes with board approval
Date posted: January 27, 2023
International Swimming Nutrition Company is looking for someone to work closely and directly with the owner on all aspects of:
- Social media
- Website content
- Interaction with Internationally sponsored sportsmen and women
Applicant must be a quick learner, possess strong creative writing and communication skills, and have a working knowledge of Social media platforms.
Work Experience, Nutritional knowledge and both a swimming and web design backgrounds a plus.
Applicant may work remotely, flexible hours, salary commensurate with experience.
Date posted: January 27, 2023
Location: The Bolles School, San Jose Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL, USA
with The Bolles School
The Bolles Swim Camp is an annual boarding camp held on the Bolles School campus in Jacksonville, Florida. The camp provides an opportunity for swimmers to experience the rigorous training, technical coaching, and student life at the Bolles School. The camp creates an intimate introduction for students to Bolles, resulting in increased recognition for the School and a financial gain to support school operations. The swim camp has been recognized as a catalyst for many swimmers to reach new levels of the sport including the Olympics, International competitions, and US Championships.
The Swim Camp Counselor (s role is to directly manage the resident-life areas of the Bolles Swim Camp, primarily through direct engagement with campers. Campers should experience a safe, clean, and fulfilling experience at Bolles while enrolled in Swim Camp. The counselors will work together to create positive residential, athletic, and social aspects of the camper’s experience. Counselors will work directly with all the swim camp staff, the Bolles campus staff and support personnel. The position will require residency at the Bolles School from May 29 – July 2, 2023.
Counselors will be assigned specific times and activities to be responsible for each day. These can include but are not limited to; camp setup and break down, camper airport transport, wake up/lights out routines, meals, monitoring camper rest/free time, on campus activities, off campus activities, room change procedures, practice sessions, classroom sessions, gym/dryland sessions. Counselors will be scheduled to have “off duty” time throughout camp. Should the counselor need to schedule personal time, they should contact the resident-life director and head coach in advance.
- Counselors must live on The Bolles School campus for the duration of the camp.
- Proficiency with electronic communication, app-based communication tools, and social media is required.
- Experience working with or participating in competitive swimming is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with children; camp or other group experience preferred.
- Ability to teach and lead various recreational activities.
- Excellent character, integrity, and adaptability, Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience and self-control.
- Ability to communicate and work with a variety of age and skill levels.
- The desire and ability to work in a cooperative, team-oriented atmosphere.
- First Aid/CPR certification required.
- All positions require successful completion of a pre-employment background check and drug screen
- Minimum age of 18 years
- Supervise campers and actively participate in all aspects of the campers’ day.
- Take primary responsibility for the health, well-being and happiness of campers.
- Plan and participate in all camp activities with a positive attitude.
- Each counselor will be responsible for daily rotation of duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Counselors will attend on- and off-campus activities as assigned by the supervisor and coaching staff. This may include trips to the local beach, nearby cities or entertainment venues. Counselors must be willing to supervise and manage campers during these activities.
- Recognize and respond appropriately to opportunities for group problem solving within the camper community and among the staff.
- Observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
- Encourage respect for other campers’ personal property, school property, camp equipment and facilities.
- Maintain positive relationships with campers by showing sensitivity to campers’ emotional needs and problem-solving camper issues effectively.
- Meet/communicate regularly with camp leadership regarding concerns, updates and challenges.
- Abide by all The Bolles Swim Camp policies and procedures.
- Set a good example for campers, including cleanliness, punctuality, respect, rules and demeanor.
- Counselors work in a noisy, fast paced environment both indoors and outdoors with daily exposure to heat, sun, water and bugs. Prolonged standing, waiting, walking and some heavy lifting required. Must possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers.
- Counselor duties will require a varied day to day schedule including odd hours and local travel. Counselors should be flexible and proactive in managing their personal time.
- Counselors may request and discuss coaching duties as part of their contract for camp.
It is understood that this Job Description has been developed as an outline for basic responsibilities. Additional duties may be assigned by the Swim Camp Director & Resident Life Supervisor as deemed appropriate and/or necessary.
Date posted: January 27, 2023
Location: 16007 Crenshaw Blvd, Torrance, CA 90506, USA
with El Camino College
El Camino College
Part-Time Assistant Diving Coach
Division: Health Sciences & Athletics
Close Date: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2023
Complete job description and application available online at: https://elcamino.igreentree.com/css_academic
Faculty responsibilities include the coaching responsibilities in diving under the direction of the athletic director and division dean and assessment of learning outcomes to improve teaching and learning in achieving El Camino College’s mission of institutional effectiveness, quality educational programs, and vibrant student support services.
Provide instruction, mentoring, and coaching to student athletes in the skills, techniques, and competitive strategies necessary for individual and team achievement of athletic standards of performance; evaluate individual and team performance and refine individual and team strategies throughout the season.
Assist in planning and scheduling competitions, tournaments, and events in collaboration with coaches within and outside of the conference and in concert with academic schedules, District policy, and California Community College Commission on Athletics (CCCAA)/Western State Conference regulations; distribute schedules to student-athletes, department personnel, and campus media personnel; collect and report subject sport statistics.
Establish and maintain safety standards to protect student-athletes, equipment, materials, and facilities; demonstrate techniques of movement and body mechanics that prevent injuries; provide immediate assistance to injured student-athletes; document injuries and submit record-keeping reports as required.
Create a positive atmosphere for the student-athletes; support academic progress, retention, and matriculation of student-athletes through mentoring activities; refer student-athletes to support services, programs, resources, and other professionals as appropriate; maintain confidential student-athlete information.
Assist with the recruiting process in compliance with CCCAA regulations to identify and attract promising student-athletes; provide referrals to prospective student-athletes to academic and student services as appropriate; maintain contact with prospective student-athletes and provide prompt follow-up to inquiries from potential student-athletes.
Assist in developing the subject sport team budget and managing expenses to ensure expenditures remain within approved funding levels; recommend purchase of equipment, supplies and uniforms for subject sport; assist equipment personnel in maintaining inventory records for equipment and apparel.
Ensure program compliance within the subject sports program with CCCAA regulations; establish and monitor effective procedures to ensure staff and student-athletes comply with such requirements; communicate the disciplinary or corrective consequences of violations as set forth in the provisions of enforcement procedures; report violations of regulations to the Athletic Director or Dean.
Promote interest and attendance at athletic events; assist in fund-raising efforts for the program.
Provide work direction to others.
Perform related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in the discipline and any certificate or license required to do that work; OR
Any Associate’s degree and six years of experience and any certification or license required to do the work; OR
The equivalent – Candidates not possessing the required qualification(s) as stated on this announcement must complete the Request For Equivalency Form as part of the application process to explain in detail how their qualifications are equivalent to those above; OR
Valid California community college instructor credential in appropriate subject issued prior to July 1, 1990 (per California Education Code 87355); AND
Sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of college students, and of individuals with disabilities.
Demonstrated successful university, community college or high school coaching experience.
Recent coaching experience, preferably at the collegiate level.
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2023
Part-time faculty are compensated on a semester basis according to the number of class hours assigned per semester and on cumulative semesters of instruction for the District. The beginning rate is $90.97 (lecture), $68.95 (lab), per hour depending on education and experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a part-time, temporary position for the spring semester. Assignments may include off-site locations. Offer and acceptance of employment is subject to verification of all information provided on the employment application, credential(s), and transcripts. Candidates selected for employment must agree to be fingerprinted, submit a Certificate of Completion of the Tuberculosis Risk Assessment and/or Examination, provide proof of eligibility for employment in the United States, and present a valid Social Security Card upon hire.
Applicants with disabilities requiring special accommodations must contact the ADA Compliance Officer at least five (5) working days prior to the final filing date: ADA Job Applicant Accommodation Request (maxient.com)
Applicants must submit the following documents by the closing date:
Online application: https://elcamino.igreentree.com/css_academic
Cover letter describing how applicant meets the qualifications.
Resume including educational background, professional experience, and related personal development and accomplishments.
Pertinent transcripts (PDF format only) as stated in the required qualifications. (Unofficial computer-generated academic records/transcripts must include the name of the institution and degrees awarded to be acceptable.) Multiple page transcripts must be loaded as ONE PDF document.
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. For information on transcript evaluation services, please visit: http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Documents submitted or uploaded for a previous position cannot be reused for other positions. You must submit the required documents for each position you apply for by the closing date. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application. Applications with an incomplete status will not receive consideration. You may check the status of your application online.
If you need assistance you may call 310-660-3593 Ext. 3807 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday or by email at [email protected]
Due to the large volume of calls received on closing dates, we highly recommend that you do not wait until the last day to apply so that we may assist you with questions or technical matters that may arise. Give yourself sufficient time to complete the profile, which may take 45 minutes or more. Positions close promptly at 3:00 p.m. PST (pacific standard time).
JEANNE CLERY ACT COMPLIANT
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, El Camino College has published Annual Security Reports and all required statistical data, which can be found on the Police Department webpage at www.elcamino.edu/about/depts/police/cleryact/index.aspx. These publications include Clery crime statistics for the previous three years relevant to El Camino College classes and activities, in addition to institutional policies concerning campus safety and security. The information is also available in printed form in the lobby of the Police Department and in select locations on campus. Upon request, the Campus Police Department can provide or mail out copies of this publication. Contact them at 310-660-3100.
EL CAMINO COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The El Camino Community College District is committed to providing an educational and employment environment in which no person is subjected to discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental or physical), sex, gender (including pregnancy and childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military and veteran status, or retaliation; or on any other basis as required by state and federal law.
Date posted: January 26, 2023
Location: Statesboro, GA 30458, USA
with Southern Eagle Aquatics(SEGA)
- Lead and manage scheduled practices for our competitive youth swim team
- Supervise and manage learn-to-swim program
- Build and establish relationships and open communications with swimmers and parents
- Meet regularly with Board of Directors to discuss problems or opportunities
- Build and re-establish Masters swimming in the area
Date posted: January 25, 2023
Location: 57250 Overlook Road, Sunriver, OR, USA
with Sunriver Owners Association ( SROA) SHARC
Are you interested in joining our team here in beautiful Sunriver Oregon? We are seeking a full time Aquatics Manager to bring their A-game to central Oregon. We operate a year round indoor pool as well as 4 seasonal outdoor recreational pools including 2 water slides! We are located a short distance from Bend and in an outdoor adventure paradise! The summer season May-September you will manage upwards of 60 employees and see over 2000 visitors per day. In the winter we slow down to 200 people per day with a year round support crew of 6.
Please reach out for more details and a full job description.
Date posted: January 25, 2023
Location: Palo Alto, CA, USA
with Alto Swim Club
Alto Swim Club is seeking a full-time Developmental Team / Program Director.
Alto Swim Club is the premier USA swimming team in the Palo Alto and Stanford area; our mission is to be the best developmental and high performance swim team in the United States. We offer a comprehensive swim program for all athletes, from the beginner swimmer to the Olympian.
We are looking for a full-time Developmental Program Director to join our close-knit coaching team and community. The Developmental Program Director will lead several developmental (non-competition) practice groups daily. Practice time is generally between 3:30 – 7:30 pm on Monday – Friday. The program director will manage the organization and daily operations of all developmental and fitness swimming groups, private lessons, and clinics. The Director will lead program planning, program design, and communicate with teaching staff and Head Coaches. They will communicate with team families, hire and train swim instructors and part time coaching staff, implement local advertising efforts, and work closely with the Head Coaches on all Developmental Program initiatives. A typical week will include approximately 20 hours of on-deck coaching and 20 hours of administrative duties.
- Loves coaching. Passion for developing swimmers of all ages.
- Strong communication, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Expertise with current technique development and training.
- Enthusiastic, hard working, and highly motivated team player.
- Coaching and / or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level.
- Current USA Swimming coach certifications.
Alto Swim Club offers competitive compensation based on qualifications.
To get to know our team better, please visit www.altoswimclub.com.
Date posted: January 25, 2023
Location: 2150 New Castle Avenue, New Castle, DE, USA
with Delaware Swim Team
Delaware Swim Team (DST) has a long history of, and national reputation for, excellence. Serving athletes at all levels, from first-time swimmers to the highest National-level competitors, we have a comprehensive program perfect for coaches of all experience levels.
We are celebrating our 30th Anniversary in 2023 and looking to add to the success of the team for the next 30 years!
DST offers programming at 3 convenient locations, in North Wilmington, New Castle, and Pike Creek. Within 30 minutes to all of New Castle County, Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
DST is looking for knowledgeable and passionate coaches, with positions available at all 3 locations.
We are looking for all levels of commitment, from coaches who are available 1 or 2 times a week, to main group coaches.
Coaches with established skills in technique development for athletes in competitive swimming environments are highly desired. Coaches will be trained, educated, and inspired to bring out the best in our athletes.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and duties, with educational
opportunities to expand your knowledge and skill provided throughout the season.
Date posted: January 24, 2023
Location: 99 Meserole Ave, Brooklyn, NY, USA
with Greenpoint YMCA
Salary: $18.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Greenpoint YMCA is seeking qualified individuals who will be who will be responsible for maintaining safe conditions in and around the swim area at the branch. The Lifeguard will promote a safe and positive atmosphere in accordance with YMCA aquatics policies and procedures.
- Must be Rescue Ready: uniform, pocket face mask/gloves, whistle and rescue tube.
- Continuous and active scanning of the pool.
- Know and understand the Emergency Action Plan and Emergency Evacuation Routes.
- Enforce aquatics safety rules consistently and fairly.
- Perform second duties, as requested, only when not lifeguarding.
- Maintain positive relationships with members and staff.
- Follow the directions of the YMCA of Greater New York aquatic supervisors, in accordance with the YMCA aquatic standards.
- Must attain the YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor certification within 90 days of hire.
- Maintain certification level of physical and mental readiness. Responsible for recertification before expiration.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Current YMCA Lifeguard certification or equivalent.
- Current Basic Life Support and First Aid and Emergency Oxygen (if required by certification organization).
- Demonstrate swim strokes, lifeguard rescues and BLS/BFA/EO skills.
- Excellent hospitality skills.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
Date posted: January 23, 2023
Location: 6575 North Kendall Drive, Pinecrest, FL, USA
with Gulliver Preparatory School
About Gulliver Preparatory School
Established in 1926 by Arthur Gulliver in Coconut Grove, Gulliver was likened to the prestigious academies of the northeast and initially attracted families who wintered in Florida. In late 1953, Marian Krutulis purchased the school. A pioneer in education, Mrs. Krutulis envisioned Gulliver as a grand home where both students and teachers would feel part of a caring, inspiring family of learners. Over the course of 25 years, she relocated the school to Coral Gables, built an upper school for high school students in Pinecrest and achieved ‘Blue Ribbon School of Excellence’ designation by the US Department of Education. In 2000 Gulliver became a non-profit. Today, Gulliver Preparatory School serves approximately 2,200 students in Grades PreK3 – 12 on four campuses. Despite its significant growth over the last 60 years, Gulliver still upholds Marian Krutulis’ vision to maintain the physical and social-emotional health of its students and trains them to become people of integrity in everything they say and do.
Gulliver Preparatory School is currently seeking an Assistant Aquatics Director to join their team of professionals. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan and conduct 2-4 hours per day of on-deck coaching, working with our age-group program.
- Assist with Middle School Swimming Team development.
- Communicate effectively with parents, swimmers, and other coaches (via email, phone and face-to-face).
- Coordinate and plan aquatics events assigned by the Aquatics Director and attend all scheduled aquatics events, meeting and team functions as required.
- Coordinate and develop group goals and curriculum.
- Assistant PE with swim class curriculum and supervision.
- Assist with lunch supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Aquatics Director, Head Coach or Head Age Group Coach.
- Minimum three (3) years successful experience as a swim coach.
- CPR/AED Certification, First Aid Certification, Coaches Safety and Safe Sport Certifications.
- Membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
- Swim Coach with a USA Swimming Team
- Prior experience teaching swimming lessons
- Aquatics Facility Operator Certification is a plus!
Criminal Background Check, Level II Fingerprint Screening(s), and Drug screen.
Gulliver is deeply committed to the principles of equity and diversity and seeks to create an inclusive community for all faculty and staff. Gulliver is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Date posted: January 22, 2023
Location: 2 Thep Krasattri Road, Ratsada, Mueang Phuket District, Phuket, Thailand
with British International School Phuket
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: To lead, manage, develop, and be accountable for the High Performance Swim Team (aged 13-18) within the Sea Eagles Academy; and with a particular focus on swimming, support sporting provision at BISP.
The High Performance Swimming Team operates within the Sea Eagles Aquatics program of British International School, Phuket, Thailand and provides an opportunity to be a part of one of the leading swim programs in South East Asia. The program has developed a pathway from Learn to Swim through to a High Performance Swim Team, where many swimmers are now representing their respective countries internationally at both Age Group and Open levels.
The High Performance Swimming Coach is expected to endorse and support the vision of the aquatics program to provide aquatic competency and skills for life, from grass-roots to elite level, and everything in between.
To fulfill this role successfully will require considerable commitment including working early mornings, Saturdays and some weekend trips.
1. Develop and sustain a highly purposeful and productive culture within our High Performance Swim Team, where students experience world-class opportunities with training and support to enable them to achieve the highest possible standards of performance and holistic development. This will include:
- Organising and leading training
- Advising and supporting HP athletes on dietary and other aspects to maintain their physical and mental wellbeing
- Supporting and advising HP athletes who are recovering from injury or illness.
- Coordinate and support appropriate individual competition schedules for all HP Athletes
- In conjunction with the Aquatics Director
- Organise and attend swim meets held at BISP
- Assist with swimming teams attending meets or competitions, this will include overnight and weekend supervision of athletes as well as assisting at the actual meets.
- Participate in and where appropriate provide professional development for Sea Eagles coaches.
- Maintain links to other High Performance Swim Academies, national and international swimming organisation, and equipment suppliers
- Actively work to support the recruitment of athletes to the High Performance Swim Team including scholarship opportunities
- As a coach within the Swimming programme, the High Performance coach ill be expected to be part of the coaching team for:
- Age Group Development squad
- Junior, Fitness and Masters Squads
- PE curriculum swimming
- Swimming camps during school holidays
- Strength and conditioning
Responsibility To Athletes
- Liaise with Aquatics Director and Athletics Director regarding the recruitment and admission of new students who have a strong profile in Swimming.
- Monitor, support and encourage student athletes, in conjunction with academic staff and heads of School, to help them achieve the best academically as well as in sports.
- In collaboration with the University counselling team, provide advice and guidance regarding opportunities to follow ‘development pathways’ (eg through sports scholarship; or professional sporting opportunities).
- Safeguard student interests through positive relational practices, and by expecting the highest standards of motivation and professional practice/behaviour (from staff and students).
Qualifications and Professional Development
- The High Performance Swim Coach will ideally:
- Hold ASCA Level 3 / Swim Australia TOCS or equivalent
- Hold or be working towards ASCTA Gold or equivalent
- Have a minimum of 6 years experience with Age Group squads (ages 13-19), and proven coaching ability at National Championship, regional and international levels
- Hold a Bachelors or Undergraduate Degree
- Have a high standard of spoken and written English
- Hold and maintain First Aid, CPR and Life Guard qualifications