Location: 20 Webster Pl, Brookline, MA 02445, USA
with Goldfish Swim School
Are you looking for a great gig where the work is actually fun? Do you want to work somewhere you can get real job experience and make a difference? Check out Goldfish Swim School! We’re a rapidly growing, award winning franchise that is not your typical company!
We change lives. We help children reach their goals. We wear flip flops. We work in a 90-degree pool. We love our employees and reward hard work with shout awards, gift cards and fun social events! We offer paid training and flexible shifts that are perfect for students or folks who want to grab extra hours without working late nights. Even better? Due to the rapid growth of our school, advancement opportunities exist for the right candidate.
- Leadership roles
- Flexible hours
- Great pay
- Valuable work experience
- Increased social opportunities
- Future references/referrals
- Ability to work with children
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Must pass background examinations (included with training)
Job Title: Assistant General Manager
Reports to: General Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Oversees the quality and success of Goldfish Swim School daily operations including staffing, pool operations, cash management, customer service, retail and vending department, private party operations and workplace employee activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs and controls the daily operations to ensure the school is running according to GSS standard operating procedures.
- Assists General Manager and department managers with fulfillment the daily tasks.
- Manages the staff of GSS to ensure high productivity, excellent performance and positive employee satisfaction.
- Trains and oversees aquatics department to provide superior swim instruction to the students of GSS. Interacts with Deck Supervisors and Golden Teachers on issues related to class scheduling, student progress, customer service and employee performance and training.
- Provides sales and marketing training to all qualified sales staff.
- Provides direction in the retail and vending departments to ensure a proper mix of products and pricing is achieved.
- Trains and oversees private party staff to ensure that the GSS standard operating procedures are being maintained.
- Gains knowledge and experience in the Links software to achieve a high level of competence in bookings, class scheduling, reporting and administrative functions.
- Gains a high level of knowledge and experience in the GSS pool operations necessary to maintain a safe and sanitary swim environment.
- Initiates and oversees workplace employee activities (“Fun” Department) with the goal of achieving improved employee satisfaction.
- Directs and oversees the implementation of the Emergency Action Plan and all safety procedures that pertain to the GSS facility and trains all current staff on the GSS EAP.
- Maintains current certifications and stays up-to-date professionally on the aquatics and management field.
- Fulfills other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Employer.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED is required. Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred. Experience as a certified lifeguard, youth sports instructor/coach, camp counselor and/or childcare provider required. Two or more years management experience preferred. Two or more years as a swimming instructor preferred.
Certificates and Licenses: Lifeguard, CPR/AED and first Aid certification required. Shallow water attendant highly recommended.
Work Environment: While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to heat and humidity. Noise level is usually moderate.
Location: 440 W School Ln, West Chester, PA 19382, USA
with Westtown Aquatic Club/ Westtown School
Position is an 11 month, salaried position with medical benefits. Pay is commensurate with experience.
Position starts in the spring of 2020, or earlier, if candidates are available.
Westtown Aquatic Club (WA) is looking for an Assistant Director of Aquatics. WA is located on the grounds of Westtown School. A pre-k through 12, Quaker boarding school located in the back roads of West Chester, Pa. Interested applicants should have prior USA-swimming coaching experience or college level swimming experience. Hourly rate will be commensurate with experience.
Duties and responsibilities;
- Westtown Aquatic Club: Working with the aquatic club (approximately 20-24 hours of coaching during certain times of the year) for practice and meets. Candidates will work with all ages and abilities within the aquatic program but main focus is on the 10 and under (6 days a week).
- Upper School Head Coach: Working in conjunction with Westtown School athletics. This is a two season position (fall for condition swimming/ winter varsity swimming).
- Westtown Swim School Coordinator: Working with the Director of Auxiliary Initiative overseeing curriculum of swim school groups
- Additional work available through rental swim lesson groups, dorm parent (if available) and as a summer camp supervisor.
- 2-4 years working in an age group or college setting.
- Previous high school and college swimming experience is mandatory.
- Ability to work afternoons, nights and 1-2 weekends a month.
Location: Harrisonburg, VA, USA
with Virginia Gators of Harrisonburg
Virginia Gators in Harrisonburg, VA seeks a passionate head coach committed to motivating and developing athletes from novice to state and national levels.
ABOUT HARRISONBURG, VA:
Harrisonburg’s beautiful Shenandoah Valley setting provides an abundance of community resources while maintaining a reasonable cost of living, making it an ideal place to work and raise a family. The Harrisonburg-Rockingham area offers historic and contemporary neighborhoods; excellence in education, including regionally-ranked elementary, middle and high schools, plus diverse options for higher education; world-class health care; historic sites and recreation; and shopping and commerce. Harrisonburg is located just 1 hour from Charlottesville and 2 hours from Richmond and Washington, DC. James Madison University is located in Harrisonburg and Bridgewater College is located nearby.
1. 3+ years experience as a head coach or head age-group coach at a USA Swimming certified swim club
2. Demonstrated history of successfully developing competitive, high-performance swimmers and successfully progressing them from an age group program to the national level
3. Knowledgeable in and able to communicate current and proper stroke technique and development, dryland conditioning programs and taper strategies for all swimmers from age group through senior swimmers
4. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
5. Able to motivate swimmers of all abilities to achieve their full potential
6. Able to manage and mentor staff of assistant coaches, ensuring implementation of team philosophy and goals
7. Ability to communicate with parents and board members, and create and follow a sustainable budget
8. ASCA Level 3 certification (or equivalent) required, Level 4 preferred
9. Member in good standing with USA Swimming and current with all background checks and required certifications
10. Familiarity with Team Unify, Hy-Tek, and other swimming social media and software programs.
11. Bachelor’s degree required.
12. Significant national club or collegiate swim experience preferred.
- Oversee and supervise the training program for all swim groups and clinics
- Coordinate the practice and swim meet schedule
- Effectively supervise, mentor and delegate responsibilities to the staff of assistant coaches
- Serve as the primary deck coach for the Senior and National level swimmers
- Identify and effectively correct technique deficiencies for swimmers in all groups
- Attend monthly board meetings, provide a monthly coach’s report, conduct staff meetings, and execute staff reviews and swimmer evaluations
- Set team meet schedules for the SCY and LCM seasons and assist in organizing the home meet.
- Attend all local and travel meets and schedule sufficient coaching resources for meet coverage and practice coverage
- Encourage a fun, interactive, yet highly competitive atmosphere that self-motivates swimmers to attain and surpass their personal goals and expectations. Lead by example
- Oversee meet information, results, publicity, travel, newsletter, and website content
- Motivate swimmers and parents for full participation and enthusiasm
- Recruit, retain, and grow the team
Salary & Benefits: Personal & Vacation benefits. Competitive salary ($40-$50K range commensurate with experience)
Application Deadline: Open until filled. Priority deadline March 1. Start date open – no later than August 2020.
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
with The Race Club
Location: 403 Deloss Dodds Way, Austin, TX 78712, USA
with Longhorns Swim Camp
The Longhorns Swim Camp at The University of Texas at Austin is seeking 23-30 mature, enthusiastic, team oriented, and knowledgeable counselors/assistant coaches for its 2020 camp sessions. This is an excellent opportunity for professional education and networking for both established and up and coming coaches to work with and learn from the Texas coaching staff, as well as multiple Olympians and National Team members. The position provides coaching experience with a variety of ages and ability levels. The camp counselor is someone who loves the sport of swimming, demonstrates reliability and attention to detail, enjoys being around and works well with co-workers/children/adolescents, is willing to learn, and is a great teammate.
Duties and skills of camp staff include, but are not limited to:
- Abide by all University of Texas, Texas Athletics, and Longhorns Swim Camp policies and procedures. Required educational modules for The University of Texas will be provided.
- Supervise, coach, and apply guidance to a maximum of 175 campers per session in both dormitory and pool settings for four one-week sessions, May 24 – June 19.
- Provide a safe, positive environment where campers learn, have fun, and be excited about swimming while in attendance.
- Follow the head coaches lead while coaching/supervising camp sessions, while also relying upon personal experiences to interact effectively with campers. Teach proper technique and mechanics.
- Be involved and work in a team oriented environment with the camp staff to provide an excellent life experience for all attendees. Organize check in and check out times with campers and parents, as well as camp store operations.
- Organize supervised recreational times and activities. These are assigned areas of responsibility, including supervision of the dorm areas, short field trips on/off campus, guest speakers, etc.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times. The highest standards of behavior are expected of staff, role models, and supervisors as representatives of The University of Texas. Must agree to work in an alcohol, tobacco, and drug-free environment. Inappropriate language and behavior is never tolerated.
The University of Texas at Austin does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or Vietnam era or special disabled veteran’s status in recruitment, employment, promotion, compensation, benefits or training. It is also the university’s policy to maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
FORM is a sports technology company with a simple mission: to break down the barriers between what swimming is and what it could be. We’re looking for a Field Marketing Representative to join our rapidly growing team.
At FORM, you’ll help us write the rulebook on augmented reality in a new market. You’ll have the freedom to shape your role, how you own it, and how you grow with us. You’ll get to wear many hats, to coach, and to learn. And you’ll be part of an amazing and diverse group of people who love to work and play together.
A Little Bit About Us
Founded in 2016 in Vancouver, Canada, FORM is the sports technology company behind the FORM Swim Goggles, a pair of premium swim goggles with a see-through, augmented-reality display that delivers performance metrics in real time.
Our founder and CEO, Dan Eisenhardt, swam competitively for 14 years before starting his career as a sports technology entrepreneur. His previous company, Recon Instruments, introduced the world’s first smart eyewear for sports in 2010 and was acquired by Intel in 2015. FORM employs many of the people from that original team, leveraging decades of combined expertise in sports-eyewear design, activity-tracking algorithms, and augmented-reality optics.
To learn more, visit www.formswim.com.
FORM is looking for outgoing individuals to be part of our events team. As a Field Marketing Representative, you will be responsible for owning on-site event activation at trade shows, conferences, and exhibitions. This is also a rare opportunity to help build the field marketing function for an exciting and innovative company that stands at the intersection of sports and technology. If you are looking to join a growing brand, be part of an exciting industry, and enjoy traveling, then we want to hear from you!
The role is an 8-month contract from April 1st to November 31st, 2020 based in the US and will require individuals to be available to travel in the US and work the majority of weekends during these 8 months. Successful candidates will first receive formal brand training at FORM’s headquarters in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
All travel expenses will be covered for events – including per-diem, hotel, flights, car rental, and any other business-related expenses. FORM offers competitive compensation and this role has the potential to move up into a full-time position within the company. A successful candidate for this role cannot represent other swim brands during the contract.
- Creatively find and tap into new and emerging field marketing opportunities
- Collaborate with industry partners to extend our brand presence and value proposition
- Coordinate with event organizers and federations to best execute FORM’s event strategy
- Own on-site activation of booth and related merchandising
- Create and deliver impactful product demos, educate consumers, and provide activation-specific incentives
- Collaborate with selected sales reps at events to promote the FORM brand
- When necessary, brief sponsored athletes about the company, our brand, the product, and FORM’s messaging
- Wear FORM product and gear during events, competitions, and training
- Manage all product sales and inventories for events
- Track all leads and connections to capture opportunities
- Document all events with regards to contacts captured, leads generated, lessons learned, common questions asked, concerns about the product, feature requests, etc.
- Track all leads and connections to capture future opportunities
- Prepare and lead post event recap meetings
- Manage event budgets and track all costs against budget forecast
- Readily use our product for testing
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Triathlon or swimming industry experience (as an athlete or for a company)
- Sales and budget management experience
- Outgoing and comfortable presenting to large groups
- Effective networking, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Able to work high-intensity, interactive, and engaging days at events
- Experience working in fast-paced and energetic environment
- A team player, able to effectively multitask and wear many hats
- Entrepreneurial spirit—self-starter and proactive
- Flexible and adaptable to rapidly changing business conditions and priorities
- Able to travel within the US and work most weekends
- US-based and must be legally able to work in the US
- Able to travel to FORM headquarters in Canada for training
- Valid passport and driver’s license
- All within the US and the longest event is 5 days, with an average of 3 to 4 days per event
- Must be available for the full 8 month contract and be available to work weekends as the majority of events are on weekends
- Expected number of events is approximately 25 events, or approximately 115 activation days
- Competitive Base + uncapped commission potential
- Performance-based compensation will be measured based on a combination of quantitative and qualitative metrics
Location: 27474 Casta Del Sol, Mission Viejo, CA 92692, USA
with Mission Viejo Nadadores
This job is rated as Part Time, but will be re-assessed after a probationary period for Full-Time employment.
Job Goal: Team Operations Coordinator is responsible for supporting the coaches, administration’s development, strategy and implementation of competitive sports programming for the Mission Viejo Nadadores. Primary focus of the position is to coordinate and direct sporting competitions (swimming) and other special events, such as fundraisers and community led events. Specific responsibilities include supervising and training volunteers, working with local sponsors, hotels and vendors, creating competition facility layouts, hiring additional event services, and creating strategic fundraising plans. Additional responsibilities include, managing social media accounts, seeking in-kind donations and other sponsorship opportunities, develop marketing ideas and administrative duties that include but are not limited to day-to-day office work.
As the Team Operations Coordinator, you’re someone who loves sports, is reliable, creative, highly organized, detail–oriented, customer service minded, willingness to learn and develop new skills, communicates well and is a self-starter with a strong and never-ending work ethic. You must be a great teammate as you’ll be working closely with the coaching staff, team support staff and the various branches of the organization such as Swim School, Masters and Dive team.
60% Competition Director
- Oversee compliance with vendor, sponsor, and competition contract(s)
- Contact and confirm Meet Vendors attendance
- Hire janitorial, security, lifeguard, and transportation services
- Prepare home facility to host a competition
- Staff event by coordinating volunteers, meet directors and coaching staff
- Order rentals, awards, and other competition needs
- Cater VIP hospitality
- Produce Profit and Loss (PNLs) reports for individual project oversight
- Prepare concession stand accordingly
- Seek in-kind donations from community businesses
- Create and collaborate parking plan for shared use parking lot
- Work with local hotels for room blocks for visiting teams
- Assist guests
- Direct and oversee day of event or competition from start to finish
- Must work competition and event weekends
30% “Other” Special Events Director and Marketing Coordinator
- Organize 1–day competitions
- Organize and oversee team bonding home events
- Coordinate annual fundraiser
- Develop a curriculum of sponsorship levels
- Create Sponsorship agreements
- Develop strategies to encourage donors to contribute
- Identify fundraising opportunities
- Develop fundraising activity plans that maximize participation or contributions and minimize costs
- Design and produce social media posts, flyers and promo videos for the purpose of advertising fundraising events and/or team
- Recruit and direct volunteers for fundraising events
- Monitor progress of fundraising drives and provide bi-weekly reports
- Manage Social Media Accounts
- Solicit Corporate Donors and events marketing the team
10% Administrative and Other Responsibilities
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, and forms
- Provide general support to visitors
- Provide information by answering questions and requests
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies
- Use Microsoft Office programs
- A proven ability to effectively and efficiently manage/organize multiple priorities with competing deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in analysis, decision making, and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Good teamwork with a strong attention to detail and follow through
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong business acumen and financial knowledge when overseeing events
Location: 27474 Casta Del Sol, Mission Viejo, CA 92692, USA
with Mission Viejo Nadadores
JOB GOAL: To align with the policy and procedures set forth by the Mission Viejo Nadadores and to assist the Head Age Group Coach, Associate Head Coach and Head Coach in developing age group athletes to make an uncompromised commitment to the pursuit of excellence, through the process of striving to be the best that they can be, to acquire life enhancing attributes such as integrity, discipline, teamwork and sportsmanship.
- Embrace and advocate the Mission Viejo Nadadores’ Culture
- Facilitate an independent athlete environment to promote autonomy
- Thorough knowledge of stroke development and technique with an emphasis on race strategy
- Comprehension of dryland training for pubescent athletes and the introduction to power training
- Plan, prepare, and conduct group practices in accordance with our curriculum for the Nadadores
- Provide detailed race performance feedback
- Track practice and meet performance to continually assess, process of performance goals
- Assist with set up & tear down of all MVN hosted age group/senior/Master’s level meets
- Assist with MVN Staff in facilitating Events (MVN hosted or community events)
- Commit to continued coaching education
- Development and dissemination of a comprehensive season plan for the entire age division
- Promote and market growth of the senior division for overall team membership numbers
- Monitor, rosters and registration for entire assigned age group
- Assign coaching coverage for each group within the division
- Participate in all group/team activities
- Mentor all new hires with oversight of Head Age Group Coach within the 14&under division regarding specifications pertaining to the training and parent/coach interactions
On Job Requirements:
- Determine meet schedule in collaboration with the Head Age Group Coach/Head Coach for the entire age division
- Run parent orientation meetings at beginning of each season and train assistants in such endeavors
- Be available to run point or assist during one-on-one parent interactions
- Attend the assigned meets for the practice group
- Attend all MVN staff led events/meets
- Attend all staff meetings as assigned by the Head Coach and/or Head Age Group Coach
- Train and mentor all assistants and continually assess coaching performance
- Communicate all actions regularly between Head Age Group Coach and Head Coach
- Excellent email communication to parents with timely response (within 24 hours)
- Continually assess goals with athletes and communicate to parents in a patient and respectable manner
- Coordination between age group coaches and Head Age Group Coach to ensure seamless transitions during redeployment
- Meet with Head Coach/Assistant coaches at a frequency as determined by the parties involved
- Model proper dress, language, demeanor and sportsmanship for the athletes
- Create an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants
- Stay informed of all Geographic Committee, LSC and National Governing body roles and functions
- Monitor all MVN programming and be informed
Location: Olympic Way, George Town, Cayman Islands
with Stingray Swim Club Cayman Islands
The primary coaching responsibility for this position will be preparing the 10 to 13 year old swimmers for the senior and high performance groups. Swimmers will need to be introduced to and begin implementing complex training concepts. The pre-senior ‘Gold Group’ has six 2 hour swimming sessions per week and three 30 min dryland sessions per week. The position will require the coach to plan and guide all 9 sessions.
Other coaching responsibilities will include assisting the head coach with the more junior groups as well as the senior program. Three training groups exist in the senior program and coaching assignments will be at the discretion of the head coach.
In addition, responsibilities include coaching at all scheduled meets (both on island and overseas), management of meet entries and results, maintenance of the Team Unify website, and routine administration assignments for the club.
The successful applicant must have a minimum of three years previous experience of coaching and motivating swimmers at all levels in a club competitive swim programme, and an excellent knowledge of current swimming techniques, training methods and FINA Rules. Minimum certification of ASCA Level 2 Swimming Coach or equivalent is required; a Bachelor’s degree would be an advantage. Must also have relevant safety certifications, including First Aid, and CPR.
The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills and be committed to attending Club fixtures including competitions both on Island and overseas which will require working evenings and weekends on a regular basis.
Excellent communication skills along with effective time management, planning and organizational skills are required. Ability to design and implement effective swimming programs for all levels of swimmers. Must be familiar with Team Unify website technology and Meet Manager programs and have a high level of literacy for writing emails, news items, notices and website communications.
Location: 12332 Ranch Rd 620 N, Austin, TX 78750, USA
with Waterloo Swimming
Waterloo Swimming, LP (WS) is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable Swim Coach to direct/lead one of our age group swim groups at Waterloo Swimming. You will be responsible for working with an assistant coach helping you run this group. Entering Waterloo Swimming you will be going through our Rotation Program…learning our swim lessons business, leading programs, assisting Lead Coaches and becoming a Lead Coach.
Duties and skills of the Lead Swim Coach include but are not limited to:
- Abide by the American Swimming Coaches Association Code of Ethics, the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and Waterloo Swimming policies and procedures.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with our curriculum, practice schedules, and be supportive of the overall philosophy and direction of Waterloo Swimming.
- Grow, coach, oversee, and manage our Waterloo Swimming program by writing and executing workouts, attending meets, entering swimmers into meets via software, running clinics, and social functions. Teach proper swim techniques and stroke mechanics
- Is willing and motivated to work/be involved on multiple fronts within the organization- leading or assisting with fundraisers, special events and team-builders, clinics, camps, evaluation process, attend home and away meets, and participate in coaches’ education opportunities.
- Assist other coaches/instructors as needed within Waterloo Swimming and communicate regularly with counterpart group coaches. Recommend group practice assignments for each swimmer. Substitute for other coaches as needed. Prepare and submit swimmers’ meet entries and attend assigned swim meets.
- Interact effectively with parents
- Keep records and reports as directed by the Head Coach. Maintaining a safe pool environment during practices (water quality checks/pool area clean up/etc)
- Model proper dress, language, demeanor, and sportsmanship for swimmers. Exhibit daily a passion for helping swimmers maximize their potential
- Possess USA Swimming certifications and credentials commensurate with the position.
- Work with the Waterloo Leadership Team to make the program the preeminent swim program in Texas. Work within our Waterloo culture of being an Athlete-Centric center of excellence; getting Results through FUNdamentals; supporting Attendence+Effort=Success philosophy; and, building out our #swimfamily culture
Location: 404 Danbury Rd, Wilton, CT 06897, USA
with Wilton Wahoos Riverbrook Regional YMCA
The Wilton Wahoos Swim team (www.wywahoos.org), is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic Part time Assistant Swim Coach(s) to join its staff. The Wilton Wahoos (WYW) is USA Swimming Level 4 Recognized competitive swimming team in Fairfield County. Our team is comprised of 250 swimmers aged 6-18 that compete as a member of the Connecticut Swimming LSC at the Regional, State, and National Level, with swimmers regularly competing at the YMCA National Championships, and USA Swimming’s Junior National and National Championships and Olympic Trials. Founded in 1972, the Wahoos’ rich history includes Olympic Medalists, YMCA and NAG Record holders, and 34 men’s, women’s and combined YMCA National Team Championships.
- Current USA Swimming and YMCA coach credentials or the ability to become certified within six weeks of hire.
- Competitive swimming experience at high school or college level.
- Must be certified in First Aid, CPR and Lifeguarding. Preferably have completed YMCA Principles of Swimming and Diving course.
- Must be knowledgeable in proper competitive stroke techniques, to be able to teach this in an active setting and be a team player.
- Must be knowledgeable in proper competitive stroke techniques, to be able to teach this in an active setting and be a team player.
- Previous coaching or teaching experience is preferred.
- Ability to travel to away meets around the State of Connecticut.
The position offers approximately 8-20 hours as scheduled per week on weekday evenings and Saturday mornings.
- Working on deck and in the water with the Wahoo Age Group program under direction of Head Age Group Coach.
- Weekend swim meets approximately once per month. (These hours could be in addition to the 8 -20 hours per week.)
- Assist Head Age Group Coach with meet entries, squad assessments, and tryouts evaluations as needed.
The Assistant Swim Coach position is an hourly position.
- Riverbrook Regional YMCA adult membership
- Paid meet travel expenses
- Paid continuing coach education
- YMCA and Wahoo program discounts for family members.
Location: 165 Haverhill St, Andover, MA 01810, USA
with ANA Hurricanes
To represent the YMCA personally, professionally and in a manner in accordance with the mission and goals of the YMCA. The Assistant Swimming Coach, under the supervision of the Swim Team Director, provides safe, motivational and knowledgeable leadership to the members, volunteers and program participants.
All MerrimackValley YMCA staff will help champion a culture of service excellence and support and advocate the mission and values of the YMCA.
- Current CPR, First Aid, and Coaches Safety Training Certifications
- Ability to achieve “Principles of YMCA Competitive Swimming and Diving” certification within 6 months of hire
- Must have at least 6 months of coaching or teaching experience
- Must have good human relations skills to facilitate positive relationships with community agencies, staff, volunteers, parents, members and program participants
- Responsible for day-to-day coaching on pool deck at various locations on and off-site. Be available for all YMCA team meets as assigned.
Physical & Mental Demands:
- Able to stand/move while on shift for 4 – 5 hours on the pool deck without sitting
- Ability to perform exercise equipment instruction, demonstration, and promote safe and effective training protocols
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Able to reach, bend, kneel and use /demonstrate aquatic training equipment
- Able to work and communicate clearly and effectively as part of a staff team both verbally and in writing
- Must remain flexible for job specific and general YMCA trainings and mandatory staff meetings
- All coaches are expected to be on deck ten minutes prior to the start of their practice
- Must pass all USA Swimming and YMCA Background checks and Child Protection Trainings
- Must remain up to date with all required certifications and trainings
- Each coach will be responsible for taking roll of the swimmers assigned to their practice group
- Each coach is responsible for obtaining and recording their practice group’s goals, and help guide these goals in a positive, purposeful direction
- Coaches are expected to attend a monthly staff meeting, which will be announced each month
- All coaches are expected to make a reasonable attempt to meet all members of the swim team
- Each coach will have his or her own unique duties assigned by the Head Coach
- Keep safety as a first priority. Emphasize personal safety and emotional well being with staff, volunteers, members and program participants.
- Attend all practices as scheduled
- Communicate with parents as to progress and / or problems
- Be available to staff team tryouts in August and September
- Attend league sponsored meetings and clinics when necessary
- Initiate and represent a high quality of service and connectedness with all members, participants, parent volunteers and potential members in the aquatic center and throughout the YMCA
- Be knowledgeable about various YMCA programs and events information.
- Be available to members, program participants and staff for questions, concerns, comments and follow up as needed.
- Supports Annual Campaign resulting in achievement of our annual fund-raising goal.
- Actively promote membership within department. Increase visibility and credibility of YMCA programs.
- Wear your staff shirt and ID badge for all shifts.
- Attend staff trainings and update your skills as position demands.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Effect on End Results:
- Growth and high retention of participants who understand the YMCA Mission and Goals.
- Staff, volunteers and members will be developed through activities which assist them to identify their skills, develop values and chart a positive direction, assisting them to reach their full potential.
Location: Montgomery, AL, USA
with YMCA of Greater Montgomery
The Aquatic Director is responsible for developing markets and providing supervision of the aquatic programs and facilities as assigned including but not limited to the Bell Road Y and Goodtimes Pool locations.
Essential Functions Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
•Promote, administer and lead in development and implementation of Aquatic programs and services, including program participation recruitment and retention, and special events.
•Develops and implements the aquatic training programs including swim lesson instructors and lifeguard training.
•Plan, organize, implement, and evaluate all activities for the aquatics programs.
•Develop, implement and monitor Aquatics budgets.
•Inspect and maintain all aquatic facilities and equipment as assigned.
•Maintain knowledge of current trends in Aquatics and be able to implement new programs and ideas.
•Maintain adequate records to evaluate, control, and measure the effectiveness of assigned areas of responsibility.
•Recruit, hire, train and supervise all full and part-time employees in areas of responsibility.
•Provide leadership for supervised staff including, but not limited to, demonstrating outstanding customer service, serving as a resource for problem solving and planning appropriate training experiences.
•Provide instruction and support for answering telephone, giving tours, receipting all fees received and managing communications with members.
•Serve in a leadership role in annual campaign.
•Assist the Executive Director as needed in managing the branch facilities and programs.
•Substitute for subordinate employees if required for adequate department coverage.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required for hire: CPRO/FA Certification, a nationally recognized Pool Operator Certification, current YMCA or Red Cross lifeguard certification, Lifeguard Instructor Certification, Swim instructor certification, First Aid, CPR and AED
Required within 30 days of employment: Bloodborne Pathogens, Child Abuse Prevention
Location: 3200 California St, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
The Head Swim Coach is the leader of this experience and thereby responsible for planning and leading all activities involved in the operations of the JCCSF Swim team, including teaching the swimmers stroke development through guided workouts and preparing participants for competitive swim meets. The Coach is expected to attend all swim meets and team functions throughout the year, manage the team data base for all athletes and is also responsible for creating and maintaining a clean and safe environment for the swim team participants.
- Create thorough, age -appropriate workouts focusing on technique, endurance, stroke development, drills, etc.
- Create a seasonal training plan emphasizing goal completion, endurance and time improvement.
- Record all work outs and track daily attendance.
- Maintain a consistent presence at all swim team events such as meets, social events, meetings, etc.
- Maintain consistent communication with program participants and staff regarding program information, philosophies and goals. Update families periodically to keep them connected and involved.
- Engage parents and cultivate relationships to create a collaborative swim team environment.
- Assist in coordinating and executing swim team competitions and meet registrations. Record times at swim meets.
- Work along side Swim Team Coordinator in managing all JCCSF Swim Team registration systems and processes.
- Take lead in swim team social event planning.
- Coordinate with other coaches on specific areas of expertise.
- Take active role with program promotion.
- Lead and mentor assistant coaches.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe environment for swim team participants.
- Be committed to the mission and goals of the JCCSF.
- Additional duties as required.
- 2+ years swim instructor/coaching experience preferred.
- 4+ years experience as a competitive swimmer.
- Must have current CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Enthusiastic, dynamic presence with good communication skills
Location: Camp Skylemar Rd, Naples, ME 04055, USA
with Camp Skylemar
Camp Skylemar is in search of a well-qualified and experienced Aquatics Director, from mid-June through mid-August. Skylemar, located in southern Maine, offers top-notch instruction and enjoyment in water and land sports, for 200 boys, ages 7-17. The setting is spectacular, with 240 acres of fields and forest, and best of all, Trickey Pond.
Trickey Pond, known one of the State’s cleanest and most transparent bodies of water, is the ideal setting for our popular and well-managed swimming and boating program. Swim instruction and free-play, sailing, canoeing, kayaking, waterskiing, wakeboarding and fishing are favorite activities on our virtually private, three mile long lake.
We are in search of a Aquatics Director who:
– Is a teacher or coach, with experience directing an aquatics program
– Shares our belief that nothing is more important than safety
– Is comfortable teaching all levels, from the fearful to the competitive
– Is WSI and/or LGI certified
– Can train, motivate and supervise a staff of 15 collegiate lifeguards
Known for our outstanding staff and attention to the individual child, Skylemar is a fantastic place to work. We provide full scholarship ($13,750 tuition) for the children of our staff members, salary of $7,000-$9,000, housing, meals and travel expenses.