Location: 300 Chaffee Rd, Oconomowoc, WI 53066, USA
with A3 Performance
A3 Performance is the fastest-growing brand of performance swimwear in America. As an Innovator and Leader in product development, A3 Performance is now taking an innovative approach to brand growth and distribution.
This is where you come in. If you are entrepreneurial in nature and have dreamed of starting your own business, if you want to work in the sport of swimming and have the same drive as an aspiring athlete, an A3 Agent may be your calling.
An A3 Performance Agent is an independent business functioning as a marketing, sales, and service representative of A3 Performance. Enjoy the freedom of owning your own business and the support of the fastest-growing swimwear brand in America!
Location: 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA, USA
with Swim San Diego
JOB DESCRIPTION – SWIM SAN DIEGO ASSISTANT COACH
Location: UCSD/Del Norte High School/Mission Beach Plunge
Position: Assistant Coach
Compensation is based on experience
Start date: September 8, 2020
Swim San Diego is seeking qualified candidates for lead and assistant coaching positions with our competitive Age Group and Senior programs
Interested candidates should have a passion for the sport, experience with competitive swimming, excellent communication skills, as well as a strong work ethic and eagerness to learn and grow as a coach and professional. A minimum of 2 years coaching experience preferred.
Applicants must have all certifications (Lifeguard Training/Adult Child CPR/First Aid) up to date. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, reliable individuals who can not only lead the swimmers but also work well with others. Great organizational skills and time management are essential.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Coaching all levels of age group swimmers with a focus on technique and development
• Work with Team Director to create and implement season plans, prepare meet and practice schedules, and schedule tryouts and substitute coaches
• Help with pool maintenance and Covid-19 safety protocols
• Communicate consistently and effectively with team membership and other team administrative duties
Interested candidates should reply with a cover letter, resume, and references to: [email protected]
Location: Fitchburg, WI, USA
Daytime, evening, weekend shifts Do you love working with kids or helping others learn new skills? Do you want hours that can work around your school schedule? Join our fun and passionate team. No swimming or coaching experience necessary! Paid training. Guaranteed hours. Competitive pay. Morning, evening and weekend shifts available.
Diventures, the nation’s fastest growing swim and scuba center with locations across four states, is seeking a Swim Teacher. In this role, you’ll be teaching kids to be safe and confident swimmers for a lifetime of fun! Extensive training is provided. If you love swimming and are excited about introducing little ones to the joys of swimming, this is the right job for you!
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Your primary areas of action include:
Teach a variety of levels and ages swimming and safety skills. You must love working with children of all ages in teaching them water skills they will benefit from for the rest of their lives. You may also teach adults on occasion.
Be consistent and reliable to your swimming students. It’s vital that your students can trust in you so that you can build relationships. That trust starts with starting classes on time and ensuring the swim class schedule is executed consistently.
Provide a safe swimming environment. At Diventures, safety is the highest priority. You’ll be expected to follow all safety initiatives and requirements.
Ensure customer satisfaction. You’ll have plenty of direct contact with parents and their children, so great people skills are a must.
Keep your pool in order. Instructors also help in cleaning, maintenance, and general upkeep of the swim facility.
Key Personality Attributes
You must love swimming, be positive and energetic, and enjoy working with children and teens. You’ll also need great people skills overall since you’ll also have plenty of interaction with parents. Ideal applicants would also have:
Good communication skills
Flexibility of scheduling
A desire to be part of a fun and energetic team
A willingness to learn or to develop as a professional
Skills & Experiences
Minimum age is 18.
First-Aid/CPR/AED and O2 certification is required within 30 days of hire. Classes available at Diventures.
Swim Teachers will complete a 18-hour training program on curriculum and an 32-hour teaching apprenticeship.
Previous lifeguarding or swim instruction experience is preferred but not required.
Location: 6400 South Lewiston Way, Aurora, CO, USA
with Denver Swim Academy
Denver Swim Academy (DSA) is looking for a dynamic Age Group/Senior group coach. Denver Swim Academy Practices out of Regis Jesuit High School in Aurora Colorado. Previous coaching experience and knowledge of competitive swimming is required. This is a salary position with around 20-30 hours per week, plus swim meets once or twice a month. The coach would be the primary coach of DSA’s Top Age Group as well as a High School prep Senior Group and cover other groups when needed. Current USA Swimming Coaching certifications preferred. S/he would be involved in all aspects of the DSA program (including but not limited to) programming, training, performance and safety.
Develop and implement a comprehensive, competitive program aimed at athletes age 12-14 and High School age swimmers
Communicate effectively with parents, swimmers, and other coaches (email, phone, face to face).
Coordinate and develop group goals and curriculum.
Maintain up-to-date performance reports on age group athletes.
Coordinate online meet entries (Team Unify) for all age group meets.
Attend all scheduled swim meets, meetings, and team functions as required.
Assist Head and Head Age Group Coach with planning seasonal practice and meet schedules.
Assist with team tryouts and swimmer assessments for group placement.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
Minimum of 3 years’ successful experience as an Age Group Coach or Head Age Group Coach with a USA Swimming team is preferred
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Positive and energetic presence with a passion for teaching technique.
Proficiency with Team Unify web services, meet entries, and communication.
Current CPR, First Aid, Coaches Safety, and Safe Sport certifications and membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
Preferred start date: Oct. 1. The position will remain open until filled. Salary, commensurate with experience
Location: Tigard, OR, USA
with Tigard Tualatin Swim Club
The Tigard-Tualatin Swim Club is conducting a search for a dynamic Head Age Group Coach. TTSC is a multi-site team that operates out of pools in both Tigard and Tualatin, OR (suburbs of Portland). We currently have approximately 130 swimmers ranging from age 5 to 18.
The Head Age Group Coach of the Tigard-Tualatin Swim Club demonstrates leadership and responsibility for the administration of aspects relating to the age group programs of the club. S/he will be involved in all aspects of the TTSC program, including (but not limited to) scheduling, training, performance, and safety.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, competitive program aimed at athletes age 14 and younger.
- Plan and conduct 2-3 hours per day of on-deck coaching, working with our Pre-Senior group (ages 10-14).
- Communicate effectively with parents, swimmers, and other coaches (email, phone, face to face).
- Coordinate and develop group goals and curriculum.
- Maintain up-to-date performance reports on age group athletes.
- Coordinate online meet entries (Team Unify) for all age group meets.
- Attend all scheduled swim meets, meetings, and team functions as required.
- Assist Head Coach with planning seasonal practice and meet schedules.
- Assist with team tryouts and swimmer assessments for group placement.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Bachelor’s Degree (exercise science, education, or related field preferred).
- Minimum of 3 years’ successful experience as an Age Group Coach or Head Age Group Coach with a USA Swimming team is preferred.
- ASCA Level 2 or above preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Positive and energetic presence with a passion for teaching technique.
- Proficiency with Team Unify web services, meet entries, and communication.
- Current CPR, First Aid, Coaches Safety, and Safe Sport certifications and membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
Preferred start date: Oct. 1. The position will remain open until filled. Salary range $30,000-$34,000, commensurate with experience.
For more information about our team and programs, please visit our website at www.ttsc.org
Location: 800 Vance Street Northeast, Wilson, NC, USA
with Barton College
Barton College has an opening for a Part-Time Assistant Swim Coach, reporting directly to the Head Swim Coach.
- Coaching responsibilities during practice
- Operations of Swimming & Diving program
- Social Media
- Filming & film review
- On-campus recruiting
- Other administrative work as needed
Desired Education, Skills, and Experience
- USA Swimming Certifications, CPR, First Aid (or willingness to obtain)
- Knowledge of NCAA Division II and Conference Carolinas compliance/conference rules
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Eagerness to learn
Location: 7400 Bay Rd, University Center, MI 48710
with Saginaw Valley State University
Assistant Swimming & Diving Coach
Saginaw Valley State University, a DII member of the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic conference invites applications for the position of Assistant Coach for Swimming & Diving to assist the head coach to develop, promote and supervise all facets of the track program; assist the head coach to develop and execute strategies for the recruitment of student-athletes for highly visible regionally and nationally competitive team; assist the head coach to organize and direct all aspects of the Swimming & Diving programs, organizing practice sessions to enhance the team’s performance. For complete list of requirements, further information, and to apply for this position, please visit www.jobs.svsu.edu. Applicants must apply on-line. SVSU is an EO/AA employer.
Location: 555 N Sheridan Rd, Lake Forest, IL, USA
with Lake Forest Swim Club
2020-0901 Developmental Coaches — Lake Forest Swim Club, Lake Forest IL
The Lake Forest Swim Club is hiring Developmental Coaches for the upcoming 2020-2021 short course season. These positions will work with one or more of our Developmental squads with opportunities to assist with Sr level squads.
Ideal candidates have 1-3 years (minimum) coaching experience with swimmers age 7-13. Veteran coaches with extensive experience and desire to guide young swimmers to the right career path are encouraged to apply. At LFSC we pride ourselves on developing coaches to work the full range of squads in our club.
All positions are part-time with an expected start date of 14/September 2020.
Lead Coach, Novice Squads
Beginning competitive swimmers ages 7-11; 40-minute practices, 2-4/week. Responsibilities include roster management, curriculum development, and on-deck instruction. Weekend swim meet attendance not required.
Lead Coach, Developmental Squad
Swimmers ages 8-12; 60-minute practices, 3-5/week. Responsibilities include roster management, curriculum development, typical deck coaching and training. Minimal swim meet attendance required.
Assistant Coach, Age Group Squad
Experienced competitive swimmers ages 8-12; 90-minute practices, 3-5/week. Swimmers in this squad range from aspiring Regional to JO level. This position works under the direct supervision of Laurel Whittington, Sr Assistant Coach. Responsibilities include instruction and training throughout the Age Group/Developmental Program. Swim meet attendance as needed.
Assistant Coach, Sr Squad
Experienced competitive swimmers age 13-college; daily (M-F) 120-minute practices. Swimmers in this squad range from aspiring Regional to Jr National level. This position works under the direct supervision of Michael Lawrence, Head Coach. The right candidate will have the opportunity to expand responsibilities to direct the training of a Sr group. Swim meet attendance necessary.
Location: Spring, TX, USA
with Swim Streamline at Northampton
Swim Streamline at Northampton (SSAN) is seeking qualified applicants for a FULL TIME SENIOR & AGE GROUP COACH. SSAN is a year-round swim team in the Spring/Woodlands area of Houston, Gulf Swimming. In our 12th year, with a roster of 300 athletes, we are seeking an experienced coach to work with our Senior and Age Group Programs.
SSAN is a coach owned program. All team decisions are based on the continued focus of Building the Base through dedication, excellence, and tradition.
- Previous coaching experience required (ASCA level 2 or higher preferred).
- 3 + years of year coaching experience.
- Coaching membership in good standing.
- Candidates should have experience that illustrates exceptional communication and motivation skills with children, taking into consideration varied social, emotional, and physical attributes.
- Have an attitude of inclusion and team building.
- Ability to work, train, and instruct multiple practice groups either 5:15-6:45 a.m. (W/F) & 3:45-8:00 pm every day Monday to Friday, plus Saturday morning. Hours will change during holiday breaks & summer schedule to mornings and evenings.
- Must be willing to work and communicate as a coaching team.
- Strong stroke technique background, patience working with younger swimmers, and keep swimming fun mentality.
- Strong customer service and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Must co- work with other Lead Coaches, while working independently with your groups.
- Must attend all scheduled staff meetings, meets, and practices as assigned.
- Knowledge of Hytek Meet Manager, Team Manager, and Team Unify, team administration skills are key.
- Must be energetic, outgoing, a self-starter, and give feedback daily to every swimmer, every stroke, every day!
- Experience with workout and season planning.
- All current USA Certifications.
Opportunity: This position offers a fantastic opportunity for advancement with one of the fastest growing, and rapidly improving clubs. There is potential for career advancement. There are additional opportunities for income through private swim lessons. Salary is commensurate with experience. Health insurance is provided.
Location: Vicksburg MS
with Vicksburg Swim Association, www.vsaswim.org
Vicksburg Swim Association (www.vsaswim.org) is one of Mississippi’s oldest and most successful swim programs. It enjoys broad community support and utilizes the state’s premier city-owned 50-meter Olympic-sized outdoor pool. We also utilize two indoor 25-yard pools for year-round swimming. We currently have over 50 swimmers in all age groups with the potential to double or triple in size with the right leadership. We are a parent-run 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
We are looking for an experienced, organized, and enthusiastic Head Coach to help plan for our continued growth and bring our club to the next level. You will begin with one assistant coach and will be expected to develop a program which benefits swimmers of all skill levels. While we want our top swimmers to succeed, we place a strong emphasis on family engagement, character development and a program which is fun and beneficial for every swimmer.
- Swim Team Administration
- Communicate regularly with members of the Board, parents and swimmers
- Manage and develop assistant coaches
- Have input in budgeting and assist in fundraising
- Plan and implement daily practices for all age group levels
- Plan and organize meets
- Swimmer Development
- Prepare individual development plans for each swimmer
- Emphasize proper stroke technique
- Direct dryland training, stretching and nutrition
- Plan and conduct practices based on individual and group development plans
- Communicate with and motivate swimmers
- Constructively evaluate swimmer performance at practices and meets
- Assist and guide suitable high school athletes in the college recruiting process
- Family Engagement
- Plan and attend parent meetings on a regular basis
- Communicate and educate parents about team policies, procedures and volunteer opportunities
- Community Engagement
- Serve as team ambassador to the local, regional and state community
- Promote VSA and swimming at local schools and home schools
- Encourage and assist in development of ancillary swim programs (summer leagues, school teams, swim school, masters swimming, etc.)
- Identify opportunities to cross-train with non-swimmers (cross country, track, triathletes, other sports)
- Previous coaching experience and/or a teaching certificate
- ASCA Level 2 or comparable certification
- Computer proficiency including TeamUnify and Meet Manager
- Proficiency in recruitment and retention of swimmers
- Skilled in teaching stroke technique and physical development
- Ability to motivate and work effectively with athletes of all ages and abilities
Location: 4303 South 121st Plaza, Omaha, NE, USA
Aquatics Experience Manager – Diventures Omaha, NE
At Diventures, where safety is our number one priority and fun is our number one goal, we are in the relationship business. The Aquatics Experience Manager contributes to the success of Diventures by consistently building positive experiences and lasting relationships with our customers through high-touch, high-communication, personalized customer service. The Aquatics Experience Manager works closely with our customers, the Store Manager, and Diventures team members to maximize both the impact and business results of our store with a primary focus on learn to swim and aquatics programming. As a member of the store management team, the Aquatics Experience Manager assists the Store Manager and the Scuba Experience Manager in the successful operation of the facility and acts as the facility Manager on Duty in the absence of the Store Manager.
Responsible for the performance of the Learn to Swim and aquatics program businesses at their location, the Aquatics Experience Manager reports to the Store Manager and works to optimize the income and profit generation of these revenue streams through the hiring, training and leading of a team of swim teachers, deck managers, lifeguards and aquatics instructors in the delivery of exceptional customer experiences.
To be successful in their role, the Aquatics Experience Manager must successfully lead their (predominantly young) team in driving the acquisition, instruction, and retention of Learn to Swim and fitness customers while operating a safe, clean, and well-merchandised retail training center. The Aquatics Experience Manager also collaborates continuously with the Aquatics Program Director, Merchant Director and Store Support Team in the effective planning and execution of all aspects of the aquatics experience in their location.
In addition to direct customer service (about half of their time is spent in customer instruction and deck supervision) the Aquatics Experience Manager is responsible for ensuring effective class scheduling, instructor scheduling, student progression, pool management and operation, swim IT system management and instructor certification.
The Aquatics Experience Manager should convey a passion for children, teaching, and training as well as a love of the aquatic environment. The Aquatics Experience Manager works closely with the Aquatics Program Director and the Store Manager to proactively develop new aquatics professionals and ensure effective succession planning. The Aquatics Experience Manager keeps up to date with and maintains all industry safety and training standards for all pool operations and aids the Store Manager and Scuba Experience Manager in the proper operation of the natatorium.
Key Attributes of the Successful Diventures Scuba Experience Manager
- Customer Service Mindset
- Servant Leader
- Sense of Urgency
- Clear Communicator
- Effective Time Manager
- Positive and Professional Image
- Business Acumen
- Positive Mindset
- Problem Solver
- Demonstrable relevant experience in the successful leading of customer-focused teams: prospecting, recruiting, interviewing, selection, training, performance coaching, performance management and separation.
- Solid experience in coordinating a swim program or school.
- Involvement in the national and local swimming community. Not only do you have to be in touch with what is happening in the swimming world overall, but you will also need to be involved with the local swimming community.
- Successful sales leadership experience across varied media: in-person, over the phone, and in writing (email, letters, etc.)
- Experience in efficient resource and financial management: revenue, margin, payroll, expenses.
- Strong preference will be given to those with significant swim management experience, aquatics experience, swim coaching experience, Certified Pool Operators, lifeguards, and aquatics professionals.
Location: 333 Preston Ave, Voorhees Township, NJ, USA
with NL Aquatic Center
We are currently looking for Daytime/Evening Lifeguards to work at our brand new aquatic center in Voorhees, NJ. Must be certified in Lifeguarding, First Aid and CPR (some training available on site). Free membership to our state-of-the-art swim center included!!
Covid-19 Cleaning and Safety Protocols:
•More frequent intra-day cleanings : All pool areas, entrances and touchpoints will be cleaned using disinfectants and new UV light cleaning
tools between every swim practice or lesson. Lesson bathroom touchpoints will be wiped down after each use. Pool equipment will also be
cleaned after every use.
• Additional sanitation stations: available throughout the facility and at every entrance and exit point which will include hand sanitizer, wipes,
tissues, and no touch trash cans.
• After-hours deep cleaning sanitation: Each night, we will thoroughly clean the pool deck and all touch points.
• Daily Health Checks for Staff and Swimmers: Employees and swimmers will get their temperature taken upon entering the building.
Employees who are sick or have been exposed to the coronavirus will be required to stay home.
• Limited Occupancy: Swim Team Parents will not be allowed on deck during Phase 1. Lessons will be limited to 1 parent in the facility/family.
We have added additional outdoor seating behind the lesson pool for parents that wish to wait for their swimmers at the facility.
• Implement basic infection prevention: All employees, swimmers, and clients will be encouraged to wash hands or use hand sanitizer
frequently, cover their mouth with a tissue (or their elbow if a tissue is not available) and throw the tissue away when they cough or sneeze,
stay home if they are sick or showing symptoms of COVID-19, and keep a 6’ distance from everyone that does not live in their same
**We will be updating or changing safety protocols based on additional information and/or guidance from CDC and government agencies.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $8.00 – $17.00 per hour
More frequent intra-day cleanings, additional sanitation stations, after-hours deep cleaning sanitation, Daily Health Checks for Staff and Swimmers, Limited Occupancy, and Implement basic infection prevention.
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA
with MSA SWIM
Assistant Swim Lesson Director
This position is to assist the Swim Lessons Director in all functions of operating the MSA Swim School. This is intended to be a training position for 3 months with a promotion to a Swim Lessons Director position at a new facility.
Teaching Lessons / Hiring/ Training / Administration
Registering/ Scheduling/ Billing / Communication
MSA Swim School – This position’s primary responsibility will be teaching lessons, as well as hiring additional instructors; input lesson data into operations software; and will be the point person for registrations, billing and lesson communication. The position will be responsible for developing curriculum, teaching lesson curriculum to instructors, as well as evaluating all swim school staff at the end of each session. The position will determine frequency and method by which to communicate student progress to parents. This coordinator will also oversee private swim lessons, keep the schedule and oversee instructors and also have swim pool maintenance responsibilities. This is a full-time position with Saturday morning hours required. Starting salary is $31k-$33k and subsequent Lessons Director position is $40-$60k based on performance.
- Two years’ experience working/teaching in a swim lesson environment.
- Lifeguard certification or ability to obtain
- Ability to be creative and innovative
- Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of and experience with children from preschool through school age teaching swimming lessons
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Computer proficient (spreadsheet, word-processing and database software)
- Ability to have fun and enjoy one’s self at work!
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA
with SwimMAC Carolina
Established in 1977, Mecklenburg Aquatic Club (SwimMAC Carolina) is a nonprofit high performance competitive swim club that offers programs for people of all ages and skill levels. Dedicated to its mission of empowering young people to be champions in life through excellence in swimming, the organization has grown from a small competitive team to a premier swim institution, achieving a Gold Medal Club ranking in the USA Swimming Club Excellence Program. The organization is poised for significant growth across the region, expanding opportunities to further its core mission.
With two anchor locations across the greater Charlotte area, SwimMAC Carolina serves over 2,000 people annually through programs such as learn-to-swim for beginners, competitive age group teams, and adult Masters groups. In addition, the organization offers aquatics gear and other merchandise through its Carolina Swim Shop retail locations and Ecommerce site. SwimMAC Carolina employs more than 25 full-time employees plus a team of highly skilled part-time coaches and instructors.
For more information please visit swimmaccarolina.org.
The Head Coach reports to the Board of Directors and leads a team of competitive and instructional coaches and staff.
- Promotes and encourages a positive SwimMAC culture at all times while being an omnipresent leader, serving as a Coach of Coaches and the Head Coach for the entire competitive team.
- Serves as the primary SwimMAC coaching point of contact for competitive team coaches, the community, NC Swimming, and USA Swimming.
- Communicates the SwimMAC vision and administrative details to competitive team members and families; ensures competitive swimmers are registered with USA Swimming.
- Maintains a healthy professional relationship with the Board and collaborates on strategic planning, marketing, vision, communication, goals and fundraising endeavors.
- Collaborates with the Board on volunteer reward and recognition programs, annual club member survey, and other key initiatives.
- Prepares and presents the competitive team’s annual budget proposal in collaboration with the Executive Director; regularly reviews finances of the competitive program with the Executive Director and Finance Committee.
- Recruits, supervises, and mentors coaching and instructional staff; inspires staff to understand and employ the SwimMAC vision and mission in all aspects of their work.
- Conducts goal setting meetings, observes, and provides feedback to staff on a regular basis; plans and encourages continuing education opportunities at all levels.
- Creates and ensures implementation of a hiring orientation program for all coaches; complies and ensures club compliance with USA Swimming and SwimMAC policies (background checks, etc.).
- Requests and secures adequate pool space to run the necessary programs, practices, clinics, camps, events, and meets; coordinates with vendors and partners to establish and maintain safe environments for SwimMAC members, volunteers, and guests at SwimMAC programs, practices, clinics, camps, events, and meets.
- Oversees the maintenance of the updated competitive team roster and all meet results employing current team software.
- Passion for swimming with a proven record as a coach with 5+ years of top-level experience (AG Division HC, Club HC, or above).
- Ability to effectively assimilate into the SwimMAC culture.
- Sound technical understanding of swimming and documented high performance results verified by performance; recognized in the swimming field as an exceptional coach; believes in a process for swimmer development, committed to curriculum development.
- High integrity referenced by a favorable reputation in the swimming community.
- Highly engaged and omnipresent across locations and events; demonstrated self-awareness – knows emotions, strengths, weaknesses, drive, values, and goals; empathetic and highly relational. Head coach for all.
- Self-motivated and holds self and others to high standards, fosters a culture of accountability that rewards success and mentors for areas needing improvement.
- Highly collaborative and committed to a team atmosphere rather than individual achievement; works closely with the SwimMAC Executive Director and the Board of Directors to establish and implement the vision of SwimMAC’s competitive team.
- Innovative and brings new ideas to transform the club married with the discipline of accountability.
- Mentor; committed to the hiring and development of excellent coaches with recognition for their achievements; values the success of others.
- Maintains the following qualifications:
- Membership in the American Swim Coaches Association (ASCA);
- Membership in USA Swimming, Inc.;
- Membership in North Carolina Swimming; and
- Participation in clinics and other continuing education opportunities for purposes of learning new instruction techniques and best practices regarding swim team management.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.
Assistant Women’s Swimming Coach and Associate in the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education.
Location: 3030 Broadway, New York, NY, USA
with Columbia University
The Women’s Assistant Swimming Coach provides administrative, instructional, and recruiting support services under the direction and supervision of the Head Women’s Swimming Coach.
•Achieving a high level of competency in sport skill instruction, motivation, and conduct of practice sessions under the direction of the Head Women’s Swimming Coach.
•Recruiting student-athletes effectively under the direction of the Head Women’s Swimming Coach.
•Assist in achieving competitive results that demonstrate athletic excellence.
•Demonstrating a sincere interest in the social, emotional, academic development, as well as the athletic welfare of student-athletes.
•Demonstrating excellent writing, speaking and listening abilities.
•Exhibiting supportive and cooperative behavior in pursuing sport program goals established by the Head Women’s Swimming Coach.
• Exhibiting leadership and professional behavior in dealing with student-athletes.
•Completing all assignments made by the Head Women’s Swimming Coach including but not limited to budget management, scheduling, travel arrangements and fundraising.
•Responsible for teaching in the required Physical Education program.
•Participating in continuing education conferences, workshops, or meetings to increase professional skills and knowledge.
•Perform driving duties as assigned.
•Exhibiting the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with adherence to NCAA, Council of Ivy League Presidents, University, and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education rules and regulations.
•Contributing to the maintenance of good working relationships with all members of the Department.
•Performing duties as assigned by the Director, Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education
**** Salary commensurate with experience***