Location: 1400 Townsend Dr, Houghton, MI 49931, USA
with Michigan Technological University
The Aquatics Manager plans, organizes and supervises day-to-day programs and activities in the SDC Aquatic Facility. The Manager should expect to have some time teaching and instructing certification courses as well as ensuring leadership presence during peak times and swimming lessons. Successful candidates will have prior experience managing aquatic facilities and staff. Programming will maintain the highest standard possible while providing a safe and high-quality experience for users and members. Support the Director of OR/Aquatics in the administration of adventure-based activities and experiences including but not limited to: training and in-services, guard and lesson instructor training.
Location: 639 38th Street, Rock Island, Illinois 61201, USA
with Augustana College
Augustana College (IL) is currently seeking an part-time assistant men’s and women’s swimming coach for the 2019-2020 season.
The successful candidate will possess strong communication and organizational skills. They will also possess leadership and interpersonal skills that can help impact student-athletes at a high academic level.
Duties include coaching, recruiting, and various assigned administrative duties within the program. In addition to coaching with the swim program the position will also include a position of equipment/laundry room coordinator for the athletic department.
Location: 4955 Peony Ln N, Plymouth, MN, USA
with Wayzata High School
WAYZATA HIGH SCHOOL – Boys Swim & Dive Varsity Head Coach Job Posting
Wayzata Public Schools is in search of a Wayzata High School Boys Swim & Dive Varsity Head Coach for the upcoming 2019-20 season. WHS Boys Swim & Dive currently participates in the Lake Conference. The Head Coach will work directly with the WHS Director of Athletics & Activities to effectively implement a successful swim & dive program working with local swim clubs, conditioning, training, and skill development of players in the community.
We challenge our student athletes with high expectations of athletic performance and personal conduct and support our student athletes by modeling, teaching, and encouraging the skills and attributes that will help them succeed. We strive to understand each team member as an athlete, student, and an individual while at the same time instilling a sense of responsibility as members of the team, the school, and the community. Motivation is key and the successful Head Coach will inspire respect, discipline, effort, and teamwork that are the hallmarks of a great program.
Essential Requirement and Responsibilities:
- Communicate effectively within and outside the program while maintaining effective professional relationships with student-athletes, parents, managers, coaches, and staff
- Working with the WHS Director of Athletics & Activities, select and manage Assistant Coach(es)
- Schedule games and practice working with the WHS athletic department
- Conduct tryouts at the start of the MSHSL boys swim & dive season according to athletic department practices
- Provide opportunities for student-athletes to participate in training during the MSHSL summer waiver period, fall and winter leagues and training.
- Actively recruit and retain players who attend Wayzata Public Schools
- Plan and conduct practices
- Manage strategy and playing time in each game
- Hold regular staff meetings to review progress in all areas of team development
- Ensure development and well-being of the student- athletes
- Maintain team discipline and administer logical and transparent disciplinary action.
- Operate the team in accordance with the policies, rules, and regulations of Wayzata Public Schools, MSHSL, and the Lake Conference.
- Hold team members accountable for conducting themselves with sportsmanship, respect, and integrity in accordance with the ideals and goals set forth in the Wayzata High School Extracurricular Behavior Regulations.
Preferred qualifications include but not limited to:
- Prior coaching experience at the college and/or high school level
- Completed or will complete MSHSL Continuing Education requirements for head coach
- Operate team in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Wayzata Public Schools, MSHSL, and Lake Conference
- Ability to pass all required background checks
- Excellent leadership, people and communication skills
- Knowledge of Wayzata High School and the program’s history and tradition
Compensation – WEA extracurricular stipend
Interested candidate should e-mail a cover letter, resume and a brief coaching outlook/development philosophy to Jaime Sherwood – WHS Director of Athletics and Activities at
Selection Procedure: Position is open only to WEA employees through 09/12/2019 If no internal candidates are selected, external candidates will be considered.
Location: Amherst, MA, USA
with Amherst College
Amherst College invites applications for the Assistant Coach of Men’s and Women’s Swimming position. TheAssistant Coach of Men’s and Women’s Swimming is a casual position with no benefits.Amherst College has profoundly transformed its student body in terms of socioeconomic status, ethnicity, and nationality, among other areas. Today, nearly one-quarter of Amherst’s students are Pell Grant recipients; 45 percent of our studentsidentify as domestic students of color. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.
The successful candidate will assist the head coach in all aspects of a highly competitive NCAA Division III swimming and diving program. The applicant will be primarily involved in on-deck coaching, recruiting, meet management, dry land training and various other administrative tasks as assigned by the head coach. The position requires an understanding of the role of intercollegiate athletics in a highly competitive academic environment. The assistant coach takes appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and participates in the College’s efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
Summary of Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coaching –Assist with coaching strategies and teaching methods to develop student-athletes’ skill and teamwork, analyze performance of teams and individuals and provide leadership and instruction, evaluate opponents and develop meet strategies, assist in pre-season, in-season, and post-season training and practice planning
- Recruiting –Participates in scouting and recruits prospective student-athletes, helps monitor the progress of prospective student-athletes application process, helps coordinate and organize potential student-athlete on-campus visits
- Program responsibilities –Compliance with College, NESCAC, and NCAA rules and regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A valid driver’s license and successful credentialing is required in order to operate College vehicles
- Collegiate playing and/or coaching experience preferred
- Commitment to working with a diverse and inclusive community
Interestedcandidates are asked to submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information (email and/or telephone numbers) for three professional references. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
ABOUT AMHERST COLLEGE
Amherst College, one of the premier liberal arts colleges in the nation, is located in Amherst, Massachusetts, a town of approximately 35,000 residents in the western part of the state. The college’s community is composed of about1,800 students from 48 states, plus Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and 54 countries around the world, and about 1,000 staff and faculty. The college’s scenic 1,000-acre campus includes a 500-acre wildlife sanctuary and the Book & Plow Farm ; three museums: Emily Dickinson Museum , Beneski Museum of Natural History and Mead Art Museum ; and multiple educational and cultural venues and resources through the Five College Consortium. The town of Amherst offers an amazing variety of coffee shops, restaurants and entertainment, and a very active outdoor life. Our vibrant campus, diverse community and beautiful surrounding, makes Amherst College and the Town of Amherst the perfect place to work, learn and live!
Location: Central Park Pool, West Richmond Avenue, Peoria, IL, USA
with Peoria Area Water Wizards (PAWW, Inc.)
Position: Head Age Group Coach
Club: Peoria Area Water Wizards (“PAWW”)
Location: Peoria, Illinois 61604
The Peoria Area Water Wizards (PAWW) are a year-round USA Swimming team offering high-quality professional coaching and technique instruction for all ages and abilities. As one of the premier USA swim clubs in the Midwest, PAWW prides itself on creating a positive environment and enriching experience for all members of the club. The goal is to provide every member an opportunity to improve swimming skills and achieve success at his or her level of ability, from novice to elite-level competitors.
PAWW has three practice locations and over 300 registered athletes. PAWW is accredited with a Level 3 certification per USA Swimming’s Club Recognition Program. PAWW hosts multiple swim meets and events, throughout the year, including Illinois Swimming Regional Championship Meets.
PAWW also has a US Master’s Program, with a swim team that competes nationally and trains at our Central Park Pool location. PAWW directly maintains, operates, and manages its Central Park Pool facility, while also renting the facility to outside groups for other aquatic activities.
We are seeking a Head Age Group Coach to aid our team’s development. The overall objective of the position is to continue to guide and grow a USA Swimming and US Masters programs that produce the highest attainable levels of competitive excellence in individual and team performance, while fostering a positive environment that fulfills PAWW goals and vision.
A successful Head Age Group coach may also have the opportunity for upward advancement within our organization.
Candidate Requirements | Our ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Preferred: 3 or more years of coaching
- Preferred: ASCA Level 3 or above
- Must be a registered USA Swimming coach in good standing
- Proficient in: Team Unify, Meet Manager, MS Office (including Excel) and group communication tools (Outlook, Group Me, etc.) with a willingness to explore and acquire new tech skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Confident, energetic and motivational leader with bias for action
- Skilled in training/coaching swimmers of all ability levels
- Positive and effective communicator
- Ability to successfully cooperate with swimmers, parents, and colleagues
- Good stroke technician
- Good working knowledge of physiology
- Knowledge of basic age group dryland principles
- Position Responsibilities | Reporting directly to the Head Coach, the Head Age Group Coach will have the following responsibilities:
- Effectively lead and grow the Age Group program while inspiring confidence in your understanding of key leadership concepts
- Serve as lead coach for any practice run without the head coach.
- Plan daily workouts and develop seasonal plans/goals
- Attend staff meetings and effectively collaborate with colleagues and Board of Advisors
- Proactively implement duties and projects on own initiative with minimal direction from Head Coach
- Further develop stroke instruction skills, knowledge of physiology and age group dryland principles with willingness to learn and grow in these areas
- Develop and utilize methods to positively train, motivate and inspire swimmers through effective leadership
- Assist in the planning of yearly meet schedules
- Play an active role in and attend club-hosted and out-of-town meets and events
- Track and update team records and all-time Top 10 List
- Work with Head Coach to plan, organize and execute team trips and special events
- Understand and abide by applicable USA Swimming Codes of Conduct and Safe Sport requirements
- Additional duties as assigned
- Compensation: Highly competitive salary, Paid vacation and sick days, along with health insurance reimbursement opportunities. Private on-site office with a dedicated computer. Free Site membership. Meet and event travel, professional registration and continuing education expenses paid for by the team.
Location: 2801 West Bancroft Street, Toledo, OH, USA
with University of Toledo
The Women’s Swimming and Diving Head Coach is responsible for the overall management of the Women’s Swimming and Diving program. This position is responsible for all aspects of practice and competition preparation, recruitment of student athletes, and the comprehensive operation of the program with student athlete welfare as a guiding principle. Management of the program must adhere to all budgetary guidelines, as well as NCAA, Mid-American Conference (MAC) and University of Toledo policies. This position is expected to manage a team that is highly competitive within the MAC.
The Women’s Swimming and Diving Head Coach is responsible for adhering to compliance, policies and procedures of the Athletic Department, University of Toledo, NCAA and MAC.
Location: 3000 NW 107th Ave, Miami, FL 33172, USA
with Perry Ellis International
PEI is the global swimwear licensee for Nike Inc, the world’s leading sports and fitness company. Perry Ellis International is a leading designer, distributor, and licensor of quality men’& women’s apparel and accessories. The company’s lifestyle portfolio covers a wide range of product categories and is available through all major retail distribution channels.
JOB TITLE: Associate Account Executive for Nike Swim
This Miami based position is accountable for Nike Swim sales with a focus on Team / Specialty Accounts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive sales with current customers in the region
- Coordinate & attend trade shows
- Work with management to identify and open qualified Nike Swim customers within designated region
- Collaborate with customers in executing business strategies for growth
- Present wholesale product line to selected accounts within territory
- Manage all account details (daily orders, sales programs, credits, returns) for selected accounts within territory
- Forecast sales & product goals for territory accounts
- Monitor competition and trends
- Ability to Travel 30% of the time
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Sales experience
- Experience in apparel, swim or sporting equipment sales
- Ability to liaison with retail customers and PEI/Nike Swim internal teams
- Experience communicating effectively across multiple levels of management
- Systems driven
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of sales experience
- Flexible & adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage/complete projects
- Strong office computer skills
Location: 1700 East 7th Street, Clovis, NM, USA
with Clovis Swim Club (NM)
This is actually 2 jobs for one person. The Aquatics Director will be employed by the City of Clovis and the AG Coach will be employed by Clovis Swim Club (NM). The Aquatics Director position is FULL TIME and includes FULL benefits! The AG Coach would work between 5-8 hrs/wk and will be paid hourly. These 2 positions complement each other nicely!
Location: 119 Scripps Drive, Sacramento, CA, USA
with Spare Time Aquatics Sharks @ Rio del Oro Sports Club
The Spare Time Aquatics Sharks are looking for a full-time Head Coach.
STAS is a Level 2 USA Swimming Club at Rio del Oro Sports Club in Sacramento, CA. The team is consistently one of the top teams in Northern California.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the sport of swimming, and is focused on swimmer development, the candidate will lead our program as our Senior Coach and will have oversight over the other coaches. The candidate will lead the search for another coaching hire.
- Previous coaching experience.
- Maintain the safety and background check requirements required to be a USA Swimming coach member.
- A thorough knowledge of competitive swimming and stroke mechanics to coach competitive senior and age group swimmers.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, positive role model, team-oriented, dependable, good communicator, with strong leadership qualities.
- Develop and implement team and individual goals with the swimmers and monitor the progression of the athletes and team in reaching these goals.
- Timely & professional communication with parents and swimmers, and club personnel.
- Develop and maintain seasonal plans for the progression of our Senior program.
- Select the appropriate schedule of seasonal competitions.
- Demonstrates a willingness to communicate with parents to help swimmers achieve their goals.
Location: Dexter, MI, USA
with Dexter Community Aquatic Club
We have an immediate opening for a Full-Time, Exempt status, Head Age Group Coach. The successful candidate will be responsible for coaching the team members in the ages 11 – 14 (Gold) and ages 8-12 (Silver) groups. The Head Age Group Coach is also responsible for the following duties:
- 15 hours of on deck practice time during school year. 25-30 hours on deck practice time during summer break.
- Develop and implement training plan for our Gold and Silver Groups
- Attend swim meets as scheduled
- Over see the promotion of IMX Extreme and IMX Ready program
- Monthly recap communications to parents of each group
- Develop and Lead monthly Saturday swim clinics
- Successfully pass the USA Swimming and Dexter Community Aquatic Club background checks
- Current Red Cross Swim Coaches Safety and AED/CPR certified
- Experience working with children and teenagers.
- Minimum of 2-3 Years experience developing 8-12 Year Old Swimmers
- Candidates should be ASCA certified level 2 at minimum.
- Candidates must be current certified USA Swimming coaches in good standing.
- Candidates should have a long-term career goal of coaching.
- Candidates will be passionate and demonstrate strong work-ethic.
Location: 8815 Southeast 40th Street, Mercer Island, WA, USA
with Mary Wayte Pool
Olympic Cascade Aquatics is seeking a dependable and personable individual to join our family as a Lifeguard/Swim Instructor/Coach. No experience necessary. We are willing to train the right person. Hospitality and/or swim instructor experience is a bonus.
We have an evening and weekend position that will be opening up when our summer staff heads back to school in the fall. Training can start immediately. This position can be full or part time. Full time staff will be offered medical benefits and will accrue sick time after 90 days of employment. We also have a retirement plan available for full time staff that has longevity with us.
Responsibilities could include: teaching swimming lessons, lifeguarding, coaching, cash management, guest relations, computer entry, cleaning, and providing a positive environment for swimmers to develop and learn a skill for life.
Local candidates preferred but applicants who are re-locating to the area are welcome to apply.
Please email resume and cover letter.
Salary will be dependent on experience and qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time
Salary: Our normal starting wage without experience is $12.50/hour for front desk or guarding, $15.50/hr for lessons, $25/hr for private lessons. Higher wages will be offered to those with experience.
Location: 8815 SE 40th Street, Mercer Island, WA 98040
with Olympic Cascade Aquatics
Olympic Cascade Aquatics is looking for a Programming/HR Manager for Mary Wayte Pool. OCA is excited to find the right team member to enhance the programming and work with the staff at Mary Wayte Pool. The person who applies should enjoy working with people and be a big picture thinker who can see growth and development in programs for the pool.The Programming/HR Manager will be a member of our management teamSome of the responsibilities will be:
- Maintaining and continuing to grow the OCA swim school
- Assisting in the continued growth of the OCA pre-competitive and our novice level competitive program
- Hire and train staff including swim instructors, coaches, lifeguards, and front desk personnel
- Assist in the overall operation of the pool
- This includes some basic mechanical knowledge of how a pool is operated.
- Possible general repairs/clean up activities that go with a pool.
- Responsible for outreach to local Mercer Island elementary schools and community groups.
- Social Media outreach through FaceBook, Instagram, Twitter and any other appropriate means
- Creative ability to put together print advertising for programing.
- Processing payroll and tracking overall staff hours.Overall qualifications will include:
- 3 – 5 years’ experience working in a Learn-to-Swim or Swim School program
- 1 – 3 years’ experience leading or coordinating a Learn-to-Swim or Swim School program
- 1 – 3 years’ supervisory experienceSchedule is variable based on program demands – primarily afternoons and evenings, and possibly one weekend day.Salary DOE includes Health Benefits and Simple IRA after one year of service.
Location: Valparaiso, IN, USA
with Valparaiso University
A part time position, the assistant swim coach will partner and support the head coach to create the most comprehensive development program possible for student-athletes to reach their potential as individuals. Manage a diverse set of responsibilities including but not limited to, recruiting organization, compliance oversight of all NCAA rules, travel planning, academic monitoring of student-athletes, community service initiative liaison, and in and out of the pool training of team members (practice and competition).
Knowledge of NCAA Division I rules pertaining to recruiting, financial aid, and daily team operations.
College swimming experience or 2 years coaching at the senior level
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Location: Mona Plummer Aquatic Complex, South College Avenue, Tempe, AZ, USA
with Arizona State University
Arizona State University is seeking a qualified candidate for the Volunteer Assistant Swimming Coach Position. This position will assist the swimming program with the organizing, planning and coaching of the swim team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting coaching staff in daily operations
- On-deck coaching duties
- Filming/Video analysis
- Select administrative duties
- On-Campus Recruiting
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Knowledge of intercollegiate sports operations
- Lifeguard, CPR, First-Aid, and USA Swimming Coaching Certification (or willingness to obtain)
- Knowledge of NCAA Division I compliance rules (or willingness to learn)
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic and diverse university setting
- Eagerness to learn
Location: 800 Duxbury Court, Walnut Creek, CA, USA
with Larkey Sharks Swim Team
The Larkey Sharks Swim Team is looking for an Assistant Swim Coach to add to our awesome staff! If swimming is something you are passionate about and teaching/coaching is something you’d like to do, please reach out to me. We are one of eight teams in the Walnut Creek Swim Conference. Larkey has a tradition of spirited teams, with a combination of beginner swimmers to champions. Our team generally has over 220 swimmers. It’s a ton of fun. I look forward to hearing from you! Thanks Clayton