Date posted: February 22, 2024
Location: 151 McIntire Pk Dr, Charlottesville, VA 22902, USA
with Cavalier Aquatics
Under the direction of the Head Coach, the Assistant Senior Coach will guide the Cavalier Aquatics, year-round competitive swim program as a primary coach by providing leadership, coaching, and mentoring to student-athletes in the greater Charlottesville Community. Cavalier Aquatics is a highly respected team for its ability to develop national-level swimmers while also providing a fun, educational environment for swimmers of all ages and abilities. This person will be capable of arriving in the Charlottesville Area and begin coaching on Monday, April 8th, however it is possible to begin these responsibilities sooner.
- Instructs Cavalier Aquatics swim practices in accordance with YMCA guidelines, having prepared lesson plans accordingly.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with swimmers and parents; helps them connect with each other and the YMCA.
- Provides excellent member service and creates a positive program environment with encouragement, goal setting and positive reinforcement.
- Encourages parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
- Conveys information on aquatics programs and schedules and as appropriate refers swimmers and parents to other programs.
- Leads by example while adhering to YMCA policies and being a role model both on and off the pool deck.
- Maintains records as required (i.e. attendance, progress reports, etc.).
- Remains current in knowledge of, and operates within YMCA swimming rules and regulations. Attends staff meetings, trainings, and appropriate swim meets as scheduled.
- In coordination with the Aquatics director and head coach, ensures that swimmers’ individual accounts are being accurately credited/debited for payments/charges. Ensures that regular statements are provided to each swimmer.
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Adheres to YMCA’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
Advancing Our Mission & Cause: Engaging Community, Volunteerism, Philanthropy, Change Leadership
Building Relationships: Collaboration, Communication & Influence, Inclusion
Leading Operations: Critical Thinking & Decision Making, Fiscal Management, Functional Expertise, Innovation, Program/Project Management
Developing & Inspiring People: Developing Self & Others, Emotional Maturity
- Coaching member in good standing with USA Swimming and USA Safe Sport compliant.
- Must have competitive swim coaching experience and demonstrate effective coaching skills.
- The ability to lead through communication, healthy motivatation, and guide swimmers of all ages.
- Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Background check through USA Swimming,
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches (online and in water), Foundations of Coaching 101, Athlete Protection Training.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke techniques.
- Ability to lift equipment, and to lift a small to average size child.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach and must be able to move around the work environment.
Date posted: February 21, 2024
Location: Fort Washington, PA, USA
with Upper Dubln Aquatic Club
Upper Dublin Aquatic Club, located in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, is in the process of hiring a Full-Time, Head Age Group Coach. UDAC has 250+ swimmers on the roster and operates out of Upper Dublin High School. The pool is a 40-yard stretch pool with up to 15 25-yard lanes.
This position is designed to assist and support the Head Coach with the day-to-day operation of Upper Dublin Aquatic Club. Under the direction and guidance of the Head Coach, the Head Age Group Coach will lead and direct the Age Group program. This is a leadership position that will support and carry out the vision, values, and behaviors of UDAC through leadership, development, and setting the direction of the age group program. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning and running in-water and dryland workouts for a group of 20-30+ swimmers
- Assisting in coaching all groups as assigned by the Head Coach
- Assisting in planning and executing team events
- Handling administrative details, including parent communication, meet entries for respective groups, and supervision
- Attending and coaching at all swim meets for respective groups
- Assisting in coaching morning and afternoon/evening practices as assigned by the Head Coach
Key UDAC Head Age Group Coach Responsibilities:
- Designing and executing the seasonal plan for the Age Group program
- Providing leadership and instruction to the age group swimmers
- Conducting parent meetings as needed
- Ensuring regular communication with parents at the Age Group level
- Ensuring administrative and coordination needs and requirements are met both internally and externally for Age Group swimmers
- Overseeing Age Group meet entries and attend meets as required
- Maintaining compliance with USA swimming coaching standards
- Following all USA Swimming policies including SafeSport
Team Culture Responsibilities:
- Modeling and celebrating the team’s vision, values, and behaviors
- Working collaboratively and respectfully with all coaches, staff, and team leaders to serve in the best interest of the team and its members
- Being exceptional in the application of positive, consistent, and effective motivation strategies when working with swimmers, parents, and coaching staff in all aspects of the program
- Demonstrating a cooperative, prompt, and respectful communication style with swimmers, parents, coaching staff, and community members
Preferred Education and Experience:
- All USA Swimming Coaching Requirements or the ability to obtain these certifications before starting the job
- 5-6 years coaching experience at the USA Swimming club level
- 3-4 years supervisory role
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base salary – commensurate with experience
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Date posted: February 21, 2024
Location: 8102 Lasalle Road, Towson, MD, USA
with Cardinal and Gold Aquatics
Cardinal and Gold Aquatics (CGA) is seeking a dynamic and engaging Head Age Group Coach. CGA is one of the leading small clubs in the Maryland LSC with just over 125 swimmers. We train year round at Calvert Hall College High School in Towson, MD in our own dedicated facility. We have a six lane pool, with a brand-new digital Colorado Scoreboard and access to high level weight rooms and dryland opportunities.
The desired coach for this position would be responsible for conducting and coordinating our Age Group program, and directly coaching two groups; our 8&Under program and our Gold 11-12 age group. The practices should be engaging, fun, challenging, and focused towards stroke development and athlete improvement.
Other responsibilities for this coach would include:
Emailing and communicating with parents.
Meet entries on Team Manager. Knowledge of Team Unify.
Attendance at swim meets. We typically attend 1-2 meets a month.
The coach should expect to work approximately 10 hours per week on deck coaching.
Assist in incorporating social activities into the group.
Be willing to work with other groups as needed.
Date posted: February 21, 2024
Location: 20437 River Bank Street, Sterling, VA, USA
with Rivercrest Riptide
The Rivercrest Riptide Swim Team is located in Potomac Falls, Va and is a member of the Old Dominion Swim League. We are currently accepting applications for the 2024 summer swim season. The Riptide consists of approximately 80 swimmers, ages 5-18. Prospective applicants must have a strong desire to work with and develop swimmers of all abilities with a great attitude and enthusiasm.
We are looking for an experienced coach with strong stroke development and technical skills who has the ability to create and cultivate a fun learning environment for our swimmers. We stress the importance of building relationships with our swim families while also promoting teamwork, personal growth and development within our individual swimmers.
As Head Coach, you will be responsible for planning and running daily team practices and seeding and attending all meets. You will oversee a team of student coaches including senior coaches, junior coaches and coaches in training. You will guide and direct our student coaching staff to ensure that every swimmer receives the attention and guidance they need to have a fun and successful experience.
Our season begins May 28th and goes through July 27th. Weekly practices will run Monday through Thursday evenings, 6-8:30pm until school is out on June 14th, then Monday through Friday mornings from 7:30-10:00am. You will attend Time Trials, three Wednesday evening and five Saturday morning meets, in addition to a Divisional and All Star Meet. There will also be preseason league meetings and team social events that will require your attendance, like our end-of season Golden Goggles Awards event.
- Previous Head Coach or extensive Assistant coaching experience.
- Previous competitive swimming experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working with children of all ages and abilities
- Strong knowledge of USA Swimming rules.
- Effective communication, organization, leadership and collaboration skills.
- Positive team spirit
- Must pass league required background check
- Ability to become proficient with Swimtopia and Meet Maestro software
Date posted: February 21, 2024
Location: Cheshire, CT, USA
with Cheshire Y/ Sea Dog Swim Club
Assistant Swim Coach – Cheshire Y/Sea Dog Swim Club
Location: Cheshire Community Pool, Cheshire, CT
Part-Time: 15-20 hours per week
Schedule: Mainly 5:00 PM to 8:30 PM
Sea Dog Swim Club, a reputable name in competitive swimming, is known for its enduring excellence, maintaining a consistent level of high performance over decades, including being a 3-time YMCA National Champion and earning the USA Swimming’s Club Excellence Bronze Medal. Our commitment to excellence and development of young talents continues to set us apart in the swimming community.
We are seeking a dedicated and passionate Assistant Swim Coach to join our team. This role is perfect for someone who loves the sport of swimming and is eager to work with young athletes, helping them develop their skills and achieve their potential. The hired coach will be working mainly with 12 & under with the possibility of working with 13 & over.
– Provide high-quality coaching and support to our 12 and under swimmers and potentially 13 & over swimmers.
– Conduct daily training sessions in alignment with our club’s philosophy and goals.
– Monitor and evaluate the progress of swimmers, providing constructive feedback and encouragement.
– Ensure a safe and positive environment that promotes athlete well-being.
– Collaborate with the coaching team to organize and participate in swim meets and events.
– Experience in coaching competitive swimming, preferably with younger age groups. – Strong understanding of stroke techniques and training methodologies.
– Ability to work effectively with children and communicate with parents.
– Certifications in Lifeguarding, CPR, First Aid (or willingness to obtain).
– Alignment with Sea Dog Swim Club’s values and commitment to excellence.
Date posted: February 20, 2024
Location: 2 Highland View Dr, Bayville, NY 11709, USA
with Piping Rock Club
Piping Rock Club is seeking a Swim Instructor and Coach for the 2024 Season.
This is a summer position that can run from Memorial Day to Labor Day or from late June through mid August. Our camp runs from June 25 through August 9, Tuesday to Friday, with additional hours at the Coach’s discretion. Working with the Aquatics Director, the Coach will be responsible for evaluating, teaching, and coaching children age 4 through 14. The Aquatic Director would handle all lifeguard supervision and administrative tasks. Job description is below.
We offer a competitive hourly rage of $40.00 to $46.00 hourly depending on experience, an additional $1000.00 weekly during camp, 100% commission on private lessons, as well as lunch daily at no cost, golf and tennis privileges at a top ranked Country Club.
For details, call Rob Gasperetti, H.R. Director, at (516) 470-9689. Thank you.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Responsible for swimming and diving instruction for the Junior Sports Group Program and coaching the Club’s junior team at swim meets.
· Design and manage comprehensive swim instruction program for Junior Sports Group.
· Evaluate Junior Sports Group campers for swimmer/non-swimmer designation. Communicate with Camp Lifeguard for group assignments.
· Enthusiastically promote membership into the PRC Swim Team and encourage participation by many Club juniors.
· Create lesson plans that incorporate skill progression and activities suitable for different age groups and proficiency levels.
· Deliver engaging and effective swim and dive instruction to junior members emphasizing proper technique, safety practices, and sportsmanship.
· Ensure a safe and supportive learning environment by adhering to all pool safety guidelines and protocols.
· Provide swimming and diving instruction to members of all ages. Enter billing into the point-of-sale system.
· Remain up to date on techniques of instruction and coaching methods of various strokes.
· Act as Head Aquatics Coach in Inter and Intra-Club meets.
· Attend and participate in meetings of the Beach and Junior Activity Committees.
QUALIFICATIONS: Water Safety Instructor certification from American Red Cross or similar designation is required. Competitive swimming or diving experience is preferred.
The job duties as listed above are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement. It may be modified in the future, pursuant to the New York Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements Law. It is estimated based on what a successful New York applicant might be paid. Piping Rock Club takes into consideration a candidate’s education, training and experience, seniority, expected quality and quantity of work, external market and internal value, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees. In compliance with the New York law, a potential employee’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
Only those lawfully authorized to work in the United States of America will be considered. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Date posted: February 20, 2024
Location: Ellisville, MO, USA
with Rockwood Swim Club
- Abide by the American Swimming Coaches Association Code of Ethics, the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and Rockwood policies and procedure
- Development and implementation of overall team philosophy on coaching, swimmer development, and team dynamics
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with our curriculum, practice schedules, and be supportive of the overall philosophy and direction of the Swim Club
- Grow, coach, oversee, and manage our program by writing and executing workouts, attending meets, entering swimmers into meets via software, running clinics, and social functions. Teach proper swim techniques and stroke mechanics
- Is willing and motivated to work/be involved on multiple fronts within the organization- leading or assisting with fundraisers, special events and team-builders, clinics, camps, evaluation process, attend home and away meets, and participate in coaches’ education opportunities.
- Interact effectively with parents
- Model language, demeanor, and sportsmanship for swimmers. Exhibit daily a passion for helping swimmers maximize their potential.
- Keep daily attendance and workout log
- Arrives 15 minutes early for all workouts and begins workouts on time
- Maintains a safe practice environment-free of violence and/or harassment
- Creates and implements detailed season and yearly plans for water time, dryland time, and educational aspects due to the Head Coach
- Creates workout sets designed to develop swimmers for the next group
- Attends all staff meetings
- Attend all assigned meets, arriving 15 minutes before the start of warm-ups, assist with warm ups, and work with all Rockwood coaches to provide a positive, competitive atmosphere for each Rockwood swimmer.
- Assist other coaches/instructors as needed within Rockwood and communicate regularly with counterpart group coaches. Substitute for other coaches as needed.
- College Degree (Preferred)
- 3 plus years coaching experience including teaching technique and the development of life-long swimming skills. Must be comfortable with Age Group swimmers.
- Strong communication skills working with parents, swimmers and coaches and a team first approach is important.
- Possess USA Swimming certifications and credentials commensurate with the position
- Computer proficiency including the use of e-mail, Internet Navigation, Google Suite, Microsoft Office and Publisher Software, Team Unify, and Social Media Platforms.
- Abides by applicable USA Swimming Codes of Conduct and Safe Sport Requirements and Pass a reference check.
- This job can be full time for the right candidate
- Rockwood Swim Club offers a complete benefits package including health, dental, vision, and long and short-term disability insurance through the Rockwood School District. (for applicable candidates)
- Rockwood Swim Club also offers a retirement plan through the Rockwood School District. (for applicable candidates)
- Rockwood Swim Club will also reimburse for appropriate travel expenses, professional certifications, and coaching memberships.
- Rockwood Swim Club is located in West St. Louis County. The Rockwood School District is noted for being a top 4 ranking Missouri school district. West St. Louis County is known for having multiple state and local parks containing many hiking and biking trails, scenic overlooks of the Missouri and Meramec Rivers, access to many great local restaurants and shopping areas.
- This position is listed as part time (30 hours per week), but could be a full-time position for the right candidate
- Hourly salary starts at $17 but can change depending on experience
Date posted: February 20, 2024
Location: 441 East Fordham Road, The Bronx, NY, USA
with Fordham University
- Manages and administers all aspects of the Swimming & Diving program within the University, Atlantic 10, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates integrity, leadership, a strong commitment, and the ability to motivate, teach, counsel, and recruit academically qualified students.
- Assumes responsibility for the organization, coaching, and training of all practices and meets.
- Improves student-athletes’ skill development through practice and meets.
- Evaluates, identifies, and recruits quality student-athletes within the University, Atlantic 10 Conference, and NCAA policies.
- Hires, supervises, and trains assistant coaches.
- Tracks academic monitoring of student-athletes through their completion of graduation.
- Manages the annual operating budget and respective fundraising gift account.
- Oversees team travel, equipment, and supplies.
- Works with the Maroon Club and the development staff to raise funds and develop other fundraising activities to support the swimming and diving program.
- Organizes and coordinates the schedule for the Messmore Swimming Pool for M/W Swim & Dive, Water Polo, Open Swim, and more.
- Trains, schedules, and supervises lifeguards.
- Is responsible for the Pool Health and Safety Plan.
- Works in conjunction with University Facilities to coordinate and manage a comprehensive program of facility and water sanitation operations, equipment repair, and preventative maintenance.
- Monitors pool instrumentation and correct as needed the chemical feeders, filters, and the heating and cooling system.
- Ensures pool area cleanliness, monitoring of chemicals, enforcement of safety guidelines, and adherence to all Aquatic Center Rules.
- Maintains records of users on a daily and hourly basis and maintenance schedules.
- Ensures compliance with all NYC Aquatic regulations and all permits and equipment are up-to-date and code compliant.
- Works with University Campus Operations to ensure the pool deck is cleaned regularly.
- Coordinates with Athletic Facilities for any facility needs for swimming, diving, and water polo programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Date posted: February 19, 2024
Location: Los Gatos Swim and Racquet Club, 14700 Oka Road, Los Gatos, CA, USA
with Los Gatos Swim Club
HEAD AGE GROUP COACH with Los Gatos Swim Club
Los Gatos Swim Club is looking an assistant Swim Coach to help with its swim program. Applicants should be energetic, enthusiastic, and comfortable interacting with parents and other staff on a daily basis. We run a year round program as well as a summer league team
We Are Looking For Candidates Who Possess:
Previous coaching/strong swimming experience, Coaching certification or willingness to become certified.
Knowledge of proper swimming technique and fundamentals
Extraordinary organizational and communication skills
Positive outgoing personality and patience
Experience planning workouts and preparing swim meet lineups
SWIM COACH JOB DESCRIPTION
Status: Part-time Hourly 3:00pm-7:00pm or 3:00pm-5:30pm
Start Date: end of August
Compensation: $18-$35/hour, depending on experience
Job Purpose: Lead and work with the Head Swim Team Coach and members during practices and swim meets and perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Results:
Responsible for assisting in all levels of the program.
Conduct swim team practice in a safe, friendly and competitive environment.
In the Head Coaches absence, oversee all aspects of the program.
Assists with Administration and conducting of swimming meets
Assist in development and implementation of seasonal training plans for all age groups.
Assist in planning and running of social events.
Promotes swim team participation
Prevents accidents and eliminates or minimizes hazardous situations.
Responds quickly to all emergency situations and administers any first aid needed by the victim of an accident.
Observes and enforces all rules and regulations of the facility
Knowledge of Valley Aquatic League rules and ensures that all members are swimming according to league rules.
Performs related duties as required.
Arrives promptly to work
Physical Demands of Position:
Standing and walking 95% of shift.
Lifting items 5-51 pounds during daily routine.
Ladder climbing. Stairs up and down. Bending, stooping, stretching, kneeling, twisting, turning, gripping and grasping.
Exposure to weather conditions.
Repetitive arm and shoulder use. Wrist (right or left) for tool use.
Exposure to chemicals, inhalation and skin contact.
Pushing and pulling. See hear, smell, talk. Basic math and writing skills.
Date posted: February 19, 2024
Location: Kingwood Area, TX 77345, USA
with Blue Tide Aquatics
Summary/Primary Objective of Position
To coach, lead and motivate athletes in practice groups, promoting improvement and growth.
Work with Head Coach and Associate Head Coach to create full season training plans for stroke technique progression, dryland progression, training progression and taper strategies for all levels and effectively communicate to swimmers and coaches.
Primary coaching responsibility is for the program’s age group swim groups, made up of swimmers generally between the ages of 6-12. Coordinate training methodology, team drills and practice group goals with age group coaches.
Typical Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
(These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
- Runs group practices, teaching competitive swimming to athletes of a wide range of age and ability, as well as delegating to and supervising assistant coaches to ensure that athletes are learning and improving.
- Develops seasonal plans and writes practice sets and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the Head Coach Coaching philosophy, developing plans to meet the needs of each athlete.
- Attends and coaches weekend swim meets as directed.
- Utilizes email, newsletter, social media, and parent/coach meetings to ensure consistent communication outside of practices.
- Establishes and maintains standards of discipline to achieve an efficient training environment.
- Completes meet entries in an accurate and timely fashion, ensuring that event selection is age and ability appropriate.
- Identifies athlete needs and makes appropriate training adjustments and develops strategies for individual training plans. Make competitive determinations and decisions regarding competitions, events, and relays.
- Ensures attendance and participation is tracked daily.
- Works in a supportive and collaborative manner with colleagues and supervisors.
- Maintains and improves professional skills by participating in coach’s education meetings, formal coursework, workshops, and seminars to stay current for best coaching methods.
Position Specific Responsibilities Might Include:
- Lead coach of one or more practice groups. This includes planning and implementation of daily workouts, attending meets as well as team and group social events.
- Plans and coordinates the work of assistant and volunteers on deck and at competitions.
- Assists with team tryouts, individual evaluations, Masters Swim Program, and/or other team-related programs.
- Oversees and maintains the water at the outdoor BTA pool. [Certified Pool Operator training may be required.]
- Supports and communicates with other administrators and staff.
- Knows, interprets, and follows school district policies.
- Participates and/or assists in coordination of Swim Club events and functions.
- Periodic coverage of other practice groups (sick days, swim meets, etc.).
- Any additional duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
Member in good standing of USA Swimming and current on all certifications. Ensures full compliance with all USA Swimming policies. Responds in emergency situations.
3 years of coaching experience, with at least 1 year as a lead coach.
Pay is commensurate based on experience.
Date posted: February 17, 2024
Location: 112 Oak Street, Ridgewood, NJ, USA
with Ridgewood YMCA Breakers Swim Team
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Ridgewood YMCA creates a safe and positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals while promoting and maintain safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck and surrounding areas in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Responsibilities include assisting the Director of Competitive Swimming and other coaching staff with day-to-day operations. Every position at the Ridgewood YMCA upholds principles that are central to the mission of the YMCA Organization.
- Must have experience as a lifeguard and swim instructor.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with face to face, telephone, and email communications
- Lifeguard Training (Required)
- Prior experience as a competitive swim coach, preferably at the club or collegiate level
- Extensive knowledge of competitive swimming techniques, training methodologies, and stroke mechanics
- Proven track record of developing swimmers at various skill levels and ages, with a history of producing successful athletes.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities to plan and execute training programs and meet schedules efficiently.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, including the ability to motivate and inspire swimmers to achieve their full potential.
- Current USA Swimming coach certifications.
- Passionate about swimming, with a genuine commitment to the growth and success of each individual swimmer and the team.
- Uses excellent customer service skills and establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other employees, members, and visitors
- Manages the payroll and timesheets of the Swim Team and assists with the Aquatic Department as needed.
- Assist with the preparation of meet entries and swim competition hosting duties, including but not limited to meet packet development, volunteer coordination, meet file creation and maintenance, and meet hosting logistics to meet requirements set forth by USA Swimming and YMCA Swimming.
- When needed, will assist with Aquatic Lead with the patrolling of the pool and the enforcement of safety rules and regulations, supervision of the Aquatics Team including lifeguards and instructors, scheduling lifeguards, and Guarding duties.
- Responds to public inquiries about aquatics programs via telephone or email and will promotes interest and provides information regarding aquatics programs to school officials, community service groups, other departments, and the general public
- Within the overall team direction and vision as set by the Director, the Lead Age Group Coach will design and implement comprehensive training programs across our developmental groups: Develop and execute training plans for swimmers of various age groups and skill levels, focusing on technique, endurance, speed, and overall performance improvement.
- Conduct swim practices where needed: Lead daily practice sessions, guiding swimmers through structured workouts and providing constructive feedback to enhance their technique and performance.
- Within the overall team direction and vision as set by the Director, the Lead Age Group Coach will plan and oversee competition strategies: Prepare swimmers for competitions by designing meet schedules, setting performance goals, and providing tactical guidance to maximize their success.
- Monitor and evaluate performance: Track swimmers’ progress and performance during training and competitions, providing individualized feedback and identifying areas for improvement.
- Foster a positive and supportive team environment: Cultivate a culture of sportsmanship, discipline, and mutual respect among swimmers, coaches, and parents, encouraging teamwork and individual growth.
- Collaborate with coaching staff: Work closely with other coaches to ensure a consistent and coordinated training approach across all age groups, sharing knowledge and best practices to enhance the overall coaching program.
- Communicate effectively: Maintain regular and transparent communication with swimmers, parents, and team management, providing updates on training plans, competition schedules, and individual progress.
- Be present for most age group swimmer practices and attend competitions as needed to support swimmers and the overall program.
- Stay current with swimming trends and techniques: Continuously educate yourself on the latest coaching methodologies, advancements in training techniques, and competitive strategies to enhance the team’s performance.
- Adhere to safety guidelines: Prioritize the safety and well-being of swimmers, ensuring that all practices and competitions adhere to established safety protocols and regulations.
Date posted: February 16, 2024
SwimSwam is hiring a new SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER!
This is a part-time position requiring approximately 15-20 hours per week.
Responsibilities for this position:
- Generating and executing on ideas for social media content (Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube Shorts, etc.)
- Graphic design and light video editing (think: clips)
- Curating user generated content
- Monitoring social channels for possible news tips
- Posting news stories to social media channels
- A familiarity with the sport of swimming and some interest in the elite levels of sport as a “fan”
- Willingness to be on camera
- Graphic design skills
- Basic video editing skills (think: making clips)
- Desire and passion for social media – including following trends, learning about new features, and monitoring analytics
- The ability to self-manage and ask for help when needed
Date posted: February 15, 2024
Location: Buffalo Community Middle School, Minnesota 25, Buffalo, MN, USA
with Wright County Wave Swim Club
Position: Head Swim Coach
Reports To: Board of Directors
Location: Buffalo Community Middle School (1300 Hwy 25 N Buffalo MN 55313)
Work Hours: Monday – Friday evenings & occasional daytime Weekends for swim meets
Supervises: Assistant & Junior Coaches
Salary Range: Competitive Salary based on Qualifications & Experience (Approximately $45,000-50,000)
The Head Coach is responsible for overseeing the swim club program and coaching staff. Provides feedback, execution and direction during swim practices and swim meets, responds to incidents, and interacts with parents and athletes in a positive manner. Provides a high level of customer service and ensures a safe program environment.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Maintain all coaching certifications required by and remain in good standing with USA Swimming & MN Swimming.
- Lifeguard Certification, or the ability to obtain certifications within 30 days.
- Three + years experience coaching various ages, levels and abilities of competitive swimming which could include Club, High School and/or College.
- College degree.
- Five + years experience coaching various ages, levels and abilities of competitive swimming which could include Club, High School and/or College.
- Previous Head Coaching experience.
- USA Certification Level 2 or higher or ASCA Coaching Certification
- Provide training appropriate for swim club members and instruction of skills and techniques appropriate to the level of the swimmer; organize, order, and supervise practice sessions, set team goals for each practice session, and provide a nurturing athletic environment for the advancement of each individual member.
- Be the primary instructional coach with most hours spent on deck coaching and leading.
- Provide supervision and direction of coaching and administrative duties including but not limited to the following:
- Serve as liaison with Buffalo-Hanover-Montrose Community Education staff & Buffalo Community Middle School custodial staff.
- Communicate between coaches, athletes, and parents regarding training and competition.
- Manage the practice and meet calendar.
- Communicate with the Board regarding new and current swimmers.
- Participate in fundraising events and team social/team building functions.
- Responsible for meet entries for meets using the TeamUnify website.
- Assist with expanding the club and retaining current swimmers.
- Recruit, supervise, and evaluate Assistant & Junior Coaching staff.
- Hold coaches’ meetings on a regular basis.
- Provide real time feedback and note suggestions and comments for their annual performance reviews.
- Determine coaching staffing work schedules for practice and meets.
- Ability to mentor and guide Junior Coaches.
- Provide an environment that is compliant with all applicable Club, USA Swimming, and MN Swimming regulations, including current Safe Sport policies. Mutual respect should extend to the Coach-Swimmer, Coach-Parent, and Coach-Official relationships. The Head Coach should be a model of sportsmanship.
- Serve as first level contact responding and documenting incidents which may occur.
- Prepare and work collaboratively with the Board of Directors and give a Coach’s Report at the monthly Board of Directors meeting.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Possess proficient computer software skills (TeamUnify, Meet Manager, MS Office Suite & Google Suite).
- Able to be engaged with and support all members of the club whether they seek to compete at high levels of swimming or simply enjoy swimming as a recreational sport for exercise and health.
- Ability to hear noises and distress signals in the aquatic environment, including in the water and anywhere in the zone of responsibility, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to see and observe all sections of an assigned zone of responsibility, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to respond promptly.
- Good organization skills.
- Ability to serve as a positive role model and provide constructive feedback.
- Ability to effectively resolve conflict.
- Ability to travel, attend meetings and trainings.
- Ability to recognize and react calmly and effectively in hazardous/dangerous situations.
- Ability to support child or adult body weight in the water during an emergency.
- Communicate verbally, including projecting voice across distance in normal and loud situations.
- Perform all physical aspects of the position, including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting to 15 pounds at a time in a warm or cool pool environment.
This job description represents the major functions of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive.
All interested applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé and three references to the WAVE Board of Directors at [email protected].
Date posted: February 15, 2024
Location: New York, NY, USA
with YMCA of Greater New York
Salary: $18.04 – $25.26 Hourly
To help fulfill our mission, we cultivate a culture of learning, leading, and collaboration to enhance community impact. Through our talented staff and “LEAP” career framework (Leadership, Empowerment, Accountability, Personal Growth), we are committed to a people-first approach that fosters trust, inclusion, growth, and development for all.
The McBurney YMCA is seeking an Aquatics Coordinator who will assist the Aquatics Director in providing leadership to the department’s staff. Follows all YMCA and DOH aquatic standards to maintain safety for all aquatic programs in and around the swim area. Serves as a model to promote and demonstrate professional demeanor (uniform and positive attitude) to other aquatics staff.
- Follow YMCA Lifeguard Rescue Ready and YMCA Swim Instructor Ready protocols.
- Attend mandatory in-service training on a monthly basis and assist the Aquatics Director in running in-service training.
- Know and understand the Emergency Action Plan and Emergency Evacuation Routes.
- Enforce aquatics safety rules consistently and fairly.
- Maintain positive relationships with members and staff. Show members and colleagues respect by listening carefully and showing empathy when dealing with a difficult situation.
- Assists the Aquatics Director with staffing, recruiting, training, hiring and evaluating lifeguards, swim instructor and water exercise instructors.
- Assists the Aquatics Director with scheduling staff and programs. Also assists with developing, implementing, tracking and controlling department budget in accordance with the YMCA branch and association budget guidelines.
- Assists with reviewing program capacity and scheduling regarding efficiency and revenue.
- Act as Manager on Duty for the branch.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Associate degree.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience supervising Lifeguards and Swim Instructors.
- Must be 21 years old or older.
- Current YMCA Lifeguard certification or equivalent (must attain YMCA LG certification within 90 days of hire).
- Current YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor certification or equivalent (must attain YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor certification within 120 days of hire).
- Current Basic Life Support, First Aid and Emergency Oxygen.
- Demonstrate swim strokes, lifeguard rescues and BLS/FA/EO skills.
- Maintain certification level of physical and mental readiness.
- Responsible for recertification before expiration.
- Certifications to attain within 180 days of hire: YMCA Pool Operator or equivalent and YMCA Aquatics Management.
- Certifications to attain within 1 year of hire: YMCA Introduction to Fiscal Management and YMCA Lifeguard Instructor and YMCA Supervision.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays.
The YMCA of Greater New York offers a variety of benefits to its staff members including retirement benefits, medical, paid time off, free YMCA membership and more! Benefit eligibility is determined by an individual’s employment status (i.e., full-time or part-time), tenure and/or the number of hours scheduled to work. Click here for more information.
Date posted: February 13, 2024
Location: 2115 Summit Avenue, Saint Paul, MN, USA
with University of St. Thomas
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach position within the Athletics Department.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. The University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, or other protected characteristic. We are committed to building a skilled team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. This commitment is consistent with our mission: Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
Medical, dental, and vision options
Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
Reporting to the Deputy Athletics Director for Student Services, the Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach is responsible for organizing, developing, and administering all functions related to coaching a nationally competitive Division I Swimming and Diving team. Fundamental duties include but are not limited to practice, game planning and game strategy, recruiting Prospective Student-Athletes, Student-Athlete skill development, technique and mentorship, Student-Athlete off the field comprehensive development, and administrative responsibilities as it relates to alumni, fundraising, media, and budget management. This position collaborates with Intercollegiate Athletics staff members, medical services, academic support, compliance, equipment management, and institutional partners.
1.) Practice, Meet Planning and Meet Strategy
Organize and communicate pre-season, competition season and off-season practices. Strategically assign assistant coaches’ roles, schedule competitions, and manage rosters. Prepare competition plans, create and communicate player roles and responsibilities, oversee pre-competition and post-competition arrangements and procedures, and oversee film requirements.
Design and implement the overall program recruiting strategy. Evaluate, rank, and recruit local, regional, national, and international Prospective Student-Athletes. Establish and cultivate relationships with local and national high school and junior college coaches. Strategically recruit Prospective Student-Athletes who understand the University’s mission and the Intercollegiate Athletics desire for Comprehensive Excellence.
3.) Student-Athlete Skill Development, Technique and Mentorship
Develop the Swimming and Diving Student-Athletes athletically and mentally so that they can maximize their potential as swimmers and divers. In addition, be an active participant in their development out of the pool. This includes, but is not limited to educational, personal, professional, character and career development, community engagement, harm reduction/safety and awareness, and life skills.
Function as an ambassador by attending Intercollegiate Athletics, alumni, university, booster club and fundraising events. Work with the Sports Information Director to participate in approved media requests. Manage scheduling, team travel, recruiting travel, pre-season camp, and conduct Student-Athlete meetings. Hire, supervise, mentor, and evaluate assistant coaches. Develop program specific alumni engagement strategies. Oversee program’s finances, budgeting, and administration of athletic scholarship allocation.
Create and maintain an environment and culture of compliance to NCAA and Summit League rules and regulations with Coaches, Staff, and Student-Athletes. In addition, safeguard the reputation of the University by understanding risk management guidelines.
6.) Additional duties as assigned by the VP and Director of Athletics and Deputy Athletics Director for Student Services.
Seven years relevant collegiate level coaching experience
Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving history
Proven ability to coach and motivate team members, coaches, and staff to reach new levels
Must be available to work evenings and weekends
Division I coaching experience
An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may be substituted.
A DMV background check is required for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
All interested candidates must apply online at https://www.stthomas.edu/jobs/. Follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes creating or updating an applicant profile, uploading a resume, and completing a job specific application.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.