with Countryside YMCA Torpedoes
The Countryside YMCA in Lebanon, OH is searching to hire a dynamic, experienced and committed Head Coach/Director of Competitive Swimming for our nationally recognized Torpedoes Swim Team.
The Countryside YMCA Torpedoes is a large (235 swimmers and 12 assistant coaches) age group swim program having generated numerous YMCA National Champions, Division I swimming athletes, USA Swimming Jr. and Sr. National Qualifiers as well as Ohio High School State Champions. The Torpedoes National Team consistently finishes in the top 5 at YMCA Short and Long Course Nationals. Countryside YMCA seeks an experienced coach capable of continuing this tradition of swimming excellence. The Head Coach/Competitive Swimming must have a proven record of success in competitive swim team development and program management.
The Head Coach/Director of Competitive Swimming is supervised by YMCA management and will lead a highly organized parent Booster organization. This position supports the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Countryside YMCA, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Must have experience in hiring and training of swim coach staff. The APD/Competitive Swimming must demonstrate personal leadership ability and skill to achieve maximum success through excellent communication, character and a personal commitment to the YMCA core values; Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility, and Faith.
Essential Job Tasks
Complete Job Description available at
- Directs and supervises program activities
- Attends and leads Booster board meetings
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs coaches and volunteers as needed
- Develop and implement an appropriate training program, practice schedule and meet schedule for the entire coaching staff and team
- Develop and implement “dry land” strength, conditioning and nutritional program appropriate for all age and swimming levels
- Proficient using Team Unify, Hytek Meet Manager and Microsoft applications
Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Background check
- Five years as the Head Coach of a competitive swimming program including managing and developing two (2) or more assistant coaches
- Ability to obtain a USA Swimming membership
Salary commensurate with experience
Position Availability: Flexible start date with the goal of having Head Coach /Director of Competitive Swimming in place at the start of short course season (on or about August 1, 2017)
with State University of New York (SUNY) at Geneseo
SUNY Geneseo, having built a distinctive intercollegiate athletic program characterized by and nationally honored for its commitments to community service, student leadership development and sportsmanship, seeks an industrious assistant coach and recruiter to assist in the oversight and development of our nationally competitive men’s and women’s swimming and diving program.
The assistant coach will assist the head coach in all aspects of the men’s and women’s swimming program, including meet day operations and recruiting. Additionally, the assistant coach will serve as the Aquatics Manager and will manage all day to day operations of Alumni Pool. The assistant coach will be expected to act in full accordance with NCAA Division III, SUNYAC, and SUNY Geneseo regulations and procedures.
This is a part-time, ten-month position with a salary of $25,000 and benefits, with a starting date of August 2017.
The successful candidate will possess, at minimum a bachelor’s degree, a record of accomplishment as a competitive swimmer, strong communication and organizational skills, current Red Cross CPR/AED/First Aid and lifeguard certifications.
Preferred candidates will possess collegiate coaching experience including student-athlete recruitment and meet management; aquatic management experience.
with YMCA of Greater Nasua
14 & Under Age Group Swim Team Coaches
15 & Over Senior Swim Team Coach
Status: Part Time
Location: YMCA of Greater Nashua – Nashua and Merrimack Branches. Nashua, New Hampshire.
Age Group Coaches:
Description: The YMCA of Greater Nashua, with branches in Merrimack and Nashua, is looking to hire several additional part time coaches to work primarily with the Storm Swim Team’s 14 & Under practice groups, beginning this summer with an increase in hours for the Fall/Winter season. The Storm is a competitive team within the YMCA of Greater Nashua, and is home to over 140 athletes ranging from ages 6 to 18, with swimmers ranging in ability from Regional level qualifiers to multiple YMCA and NESwim Championship event winners. In order to be considered for the Age Group position, you must be available varying afternoons and evenings, as well as one day a weekend for meets.
Assistant Senior Coach:
Description: The YMCA of Greater Nashua, with branches in Merrimack and Nashua, is looking to hire an additional Senior team part time coach to work primarily with the Storm Swim Team’s 15&Over practice groups, beginning this summer with an increase in hours for the Fall/Winter season. Top groups with Storm include swimmers with multiple Sectionals, NE Seniors, and YMCA National cuts, any coaches interested in this position must have experience coaching at this level. Coaches interested in this position must have afternoon and evening availability.
Requirements: Candidates should have at least one year of coaching experience, or a background of competitive swimming at the collegiate level. Basic stroke technique, the ability to create a workout and a positive attitude are a must, candidates should also be able to communicate with other staff and parents effectively and professionally.
Candidates should have or be willing to obtain CPR and First Aid certifications; Lifeguarding or Safety Training for Swim Coaches is also encouraged. YMCA Principals of Competitive Swimming is preferred, or must be obtained within the first 30 days.
To Apply: Please submit resume and a brief letter describing your coaching experience to Rich Droser, Director of Competitive Aquatics. [email protected]
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
with William Jewell College Men's and Women's Swimming Teams
WILLIAM JEWELL COLLEGE
DEPARTMENT: Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach
REPORTS TO: Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach
FLSA STATUS: Full Time, Exempt (10 Month, August – May)
The Assistant Swimming Coach assists the Head Swimming Coach manage the daily duties of a NCAA Division II swimming program. This position is responsible for adhering to NCAA, GLVC and William Jewell College policies and procedures.
Assist the head swimming coach with:
- Planning, organizing, and directing all activities involved with a Division II swimming program.
- Recruiting, in accordance with college policies and procedures, swimmers who can successfully compete at the Division II level. Planning and conducting on–campus recruiting events for official and unofficial visits. Planning and executing off-campus evaluations of and visits with potential student athletes. Developing a familiarity with and operating recruiting and compliance software.
- Assisting with all home meets and coordinating with departmental operations staff in the conduct of home meets.
- Assisting with all planning of team travel to away meets. Completing travel rosters online of those traveling in compliance with William Jewell College policies.
- Encouraging and actively monitoring the academic progress of team members.
- Assist in the development and implementation of seasonal, cyclical, and weekly plans for conditioning, skill development, and competitive preparedness of team members.
- Conducting dryland and aquatic practice activities for specific training groups on a daily basis.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of competitive schedules that comply with NCAA rules.
- Assisting with the monitoring and posting on the team website and social media.
- Maintaining knowledge and ensure compliance with NCAA, GLVC, and college rules and regulations.
- Participating in departmental activities to include potential service on committees and attendance at all athletic department meetings.
- Working with sports information on developing the team media guide.
- Planning and supervising the swimming lesson program.
- Assist in all fundraising opportunities.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Normal office environment, travel required. Evening and weekend work required. Physically able to lift 25 pounds.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience coaching swimming at the college, high school, age group level and/or equivalent professional experience.
- Effective communicator, written and verbal.
- Experience in recruiting and/or team management.
- Competitive experience at the collegiate level.
- An understanding of the rules and policies of the NCAA.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Candidates must submit the following documents via email to [email protected]:
- Letter of application
- William Jewell College application
- Salary requirements
Please note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources:
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill, Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Review of applications will begin immediately. Position is open until filled.
with King University
King University is seeking a qualified Graduate Assistant for Men’s and Women’s. The graduate assistant will assist the Head Coach is every aspect of the program.
King University is located in Bristol, TN and participates in NCAA DII as a member of Conference Carolinas.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
A bachelor’s degree is required, along with admission into King’s MBA or M.Ed. program, plus collegiate swimming experience. Candidates must also complete a driver approval process and background check.
Salary information: Full Tuition Waiver for Graduate Program
with SwimLabs Sandy
SwimLabs Sandy is a new swim school in the Salt Lake area, and we are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, energetic people to join our team. We teach swim lessons to all ages and abilities in a unique environment of warm-water pools using visual video feedback. Please visit our website for more details, www.swimlabs.com.
Preferred Skills & Experience: Love of children, swimming and a desire to teach. Previous swimming experience, such as teaching swim lessons, coaching swim team, or swimming on a team. Desire and ability to teach all ages and abilities. CPR and First Aid certifications. Great customer service skills. Efficient class management skills. Ability to communicate effectively with children and adults. Willingness to learn and execute the SwimLabs Swim School teaching method. Desire to work in a team environment. Ability to work a consistent weekly schedule
Job Duties (all new employees will be trained): Teaching lessons to all ages and abilities, including group and private lessons, and may include competitive lessons, depending on skill level and previous experience using Dartfish video analysis software. Teaching the SwimLabs progression. Moderate maintenance work on pools and facility. Communicate regularly with children and adults. The ideal candidate has a welcoming, bright personality, professional appearance, is very well organized, punctual and with a positive can-do attitude. You should be forward-thinking, have common sense, and most importantly – be dependable. We will rely on YOU to help run our business so dependability is a must!
Please send your cover letter and a copy of your resume to Andrea Lambson at [email protected], in Word format in response to this ad. You will be contacted based on your resume submission for an interview. PLEASE HIGHLIGHT ANY SWIM EXPERIENCE.
with St. Ambrose University
Swimming ( Men’s and Women’s) Graduate Assistant Coach
1. Earned Bachelor’s degree (prior to starting date).
2. Eventual acceptance into graduate program required. Currently enrolled SAU graduate students: Proof of 2017 SAU Registration required Prospective SAU graduate students: Officially applied to SAU graduate program for fall semester 2017.
3. Previous swim coaching experience preferred. Collegiate Swimming experience required. Assist the head coach in the day-to-day operations of a nationally competitive intercollegiate program, team travel, summer camps and clinics, public relations, recruiting, study halls and other administrative duties as assigned. Required team travel. Some overnight, and weekend trips.
4. Strong public relations, communication, time management, and organizational skills.
5. Ability to work in a team oriented atmosphere, including strong supervisory skills.
6. First Aid, CPR and Lifeguard Training Required.
7. Strong computer skills, especially in a Windows setting and with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel). Hytek, Team / Meet Manager Experience preferred, though not required.
with Tripp Lake Camp
Tripp Lake Camp is looking for Waterfront Counselors:
*must be lifeguard certified or be able to pass lifeguard
*work with campers 7-16
*help beginner to advanced campers
*work as a member of a team
*spend their summer on the lake!
Please apply if you have experience and if you have a genuine interest in working with children.
Tripp Lake Offers:
*a competitive salary
*room and board
*a beautiful summer in Maine!
with Buffalo Area Aquatic Club
Team: Buffalo Area Aquatic Club
Job Title: Head Age Group Coach
Job Description: With guidance from BAAC’s Head Coach, the Head Age Group Coach will design and conduct the training program for the team’s Novice and Advanced groups.
Novice Group: This group is designed to be an introduction to the sport where athletes learn the legal strokes, good practice habits, and how to be a great teammate. Typically, this group consists of swimmers ranging 6-10 years old, but it is not limited to those ages. This group currently practices 4 days per week at 1 hour per practice.
Advanced: This group is designed for goal-oriented age group swimmers who have shown a level of skill and dedication to the sport that would have them seeking a higher level of performance each and every day. Currently, this group consists of swimmers ranging 10-14 years old. Amongst them are Team Record Holders, LSC Championship Finalists, Zones Finalists, and more. This group currently practices 6 days per week at 2 hours per practice.
From a group progression and swimmer development standpoint, the Novice and Advanced groups are separated by the team’s Age Group. Swimmers progressing from the team’s Advanced group will move into the Senior training program.
Responsibilities: BAAC’s Head Age Group Coach will:
– Collaborate with the team’s Head Coach to develop seasonal training plans for Novice, Age Group, and Advanced practice groups within the philosophy of BAAC’s program.
– design and conduct our Novice & Advanced groups, including developing and implementing dryland workouts.
– Create fun and engaging, yet challenging, skills based practices for the their training groups.
– Work with and mentor the other age group coaches and assist, as needed, them and their training groups.
– Attend all swim meets in which swimmer’s from under their direction are attending (usually one to two meets a month).
– Attend and participate in all staff meetings as requested by the Head Coach.
– Collaborate with the entire staff to develop benchmarks for measuring our swimmers’ improvement and increasing opportunities for all swimmers on the team.
– Work with the Head Coach to oversee individual and team entries, submit entries and post any relevant meet information to our website.
– Track swimmers’ training goals and statistics along with monthly attendance figures. This includes individual goal meetings with swimmers on a seasonal basis and any additional meetings as needed.
– Participate and provide input to Head Coach on hiring of new staff members.
– Attend and participate in our LSC House of Delegates meetings.
– 4+ years of coaching experience of high level age group or senior swimmers.
– ASCA level 2 or higher preferred.
– Bachelor’s Degree in athletic field.
– Experience with Team Unify and Hy-Tek is recommended. Ability to learn quickly is required if applicant is not familiar.
– Strong organizational skills and ability to give attention and critiques to all coached athletes on a daily basis in practice environments.
– Ability to meet all USA Swimming certification and coaching requirements (CPR, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, USA Background Check, Athlete Protection Training, etc.
– Passion and excitement for the sport of swimming and teaching athletes is a must.
Team Description: Buffalo Area Aquatic Club trains in an Olympic-sized pool in the Alumni Arena, which is located on the University at Buffalo’s Northern Campus in Buffalo, NY. The program has doubled in sized over the past year. Signs point to continued growth, and BAAC wants to add a 2nd full-time, progressive, and goal-oriented coach that will provide BAAC a competitive edge in the region while continuing to give our swimmers excellent opportunities for advancement.
Prior to the 2017 SC season, BAAC has won the Small Teams Division at Niagara’s LSC Championships (both SC and LC) for 4 years in a row. We did not win in the 2017 SC season as we’ve grown too large to be considered a small team, which we’re very proud of. Our goal is continued growth and progress amongst our swimmers and our program.
Buffalo, affectionately referred to as The City of Good Neighbors, is shedding its Rust Belt image and is home to a new waterfront, great restaurants (not even counting the wings), and is among the most affordable cities in the U.S. You’ll rarely commute for more than 20 minutes, and proximity to Toronto puts a major metropolis in easy driving distance.
BAAC holds Recognition Level 2 as a Board-governed team and is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Compensation: This is a full-time, salaried position with compensation based on qualifications and experience. There is potential for bonuses and medical insurance allowance. Job related education and travel expenses are covered or reimbursed.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, description of your coaching philosophy and contact information for at least three references relative to swimming experience to Sam Gaddie, [email protected] All submissions will be held in strict confidence.
For more information about the position contact Sam Gaddie by e-mail or phone, (901)-484-3859.
with Brownell Talbot School
Brownell Talbot Aquatics will be the recognized authority and leader in compassionate coaching and competitive swimming instruction for young people. BT provides programs that will exemplify three aquatic components: educational, recreational, and competitive programs. BT Aquatics achieves excellence in innovative programming, customer service, and technical proficiency while building on the tradition of excellence at Brownell Talbot School.
BT Aquatics strives to make a positive difference in the lives of its team members by promoting good sportsmanship, biomechanically sound techniques, nutrition, healthy lifestyle, balance, commitment, responsibility, love for the sport of swimming, and self respect. We are committed to creating an environment where each individual athlete may realize his or her own potential. We believe that the healthiest motivation for a student is the motivation that comes from within, and we endeavor to draw out each student’s natural energy, hope, and courage, thereby fueling the pursuit of their dreams.
Position General Description
The aquatics director is a year-round, full-time position, responsible for implementing the school’s vision for cutting-edge aquatic programs for preschool through grade 12 and furthering the school’s mission. The aquatics director will collaborate with Head of School and will work closely with the activities director, executive director of business and finance, and the director of facilities and campus safety.
The aquatics director:
- Oversees and coordinates the recruitment, training, scheduling, certification, and performance of employees of the facility; supervises the day-to-day activities of staff.
- Oversees and coordinates the administration of the facility, to include scheduling of facility operations and contract management.
- Oversees the maintenance of the pools, to include chemistry, climate control, cleanliness, and related maintenance.
- Ensures that all appropriate water, environmental, health, and safety standards are maintained; ensures the pool is compliant with all local, state, and national requirements and current on all necessary certifications required for operation.
- Develops, implements, and oversees a variety of aquatics programs for students, faculty, staff, and/or members of the general public.
- Responsible for leading and developing the youth competitive swim team and the high school varsity swim team.
- Leads swim practices to promote stroke development and physical conditioning.
- Participates in and teaches aquatic and safety certification training sessions, as necessary.
- Participates in the development of annual operating budgets and provides fiscal direction.
- Develops and maintains records of operational facility usage; monitors and maintains inventories of pool equipment and supplies.
- Represents the organization at various community and/or business meetings, committees, and task forces; promotes existing and new programs and/or policies.
- Communicates effectively with parents, students, school administrators, and community partners in regards to the aquatics program.
- Works with marketing and communications to promote the BT Aquatics program locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Proven program builder with ability to drive revenue while balancing changing priorities.
- High-level vision with practical implementation ability.
- Minimum of 5+ years administrative experience, preferably in an aquatics environment.
- BS required and MA preferred, preferably in the areas of Physical Education and Leadership.
- Experience managing daily operations of multiple pool facilities.
- Experience teaching and coaching swimming.
- Current USA Swimming Coach certification
- Current State of Nebraska High School Coach certification – or willing to get
- ARC Lifeguard Instructor
- Pool Operators (CPO or Nebraska)
- Programs: TeamUnify, Meet manager helpful, + Colorado Dolphin Timing System & IST Timing System
with Space City Aquatic Team
Head Coach Position – Space City Aquatic Team
The Space City Aquatic Team, located in League City, TX just south of Houston, is looking for a dynamic full-time head coach to take our growing program to the next level. The Space City Aquatic Team was founded in 1977 and quickly found success by sending two swimmers to the 1980 Olympic Trials! Today, Space City Aquatic Team provides a comprehensive competitive swim program from Learn to Swim through Masters. Space City has experienced 3X growth over the last 3 years to reach 130 swimmers and a rapidly growing Learn to Swim Program.
- Previous head coaching experience
- 10 plus years coaching experience
- ASCA level 3 or higher
- Experience with team with LTS Program or pre-competitive team
- Previous experience running meets/events a plus
- Strong computer skills with good knowledge of Team Unify system
The prospective coach will fill the “CEO” role and run the day to day operations of the team, including but not limited to:
- Supervise the coaching staff including hiring and firing and ensure all credentials are current
- Work with the Head Age Group Coach to determine coaching assignments
- Attend all board meetings, as well as ensuring the team is represented at LSC meetings
- Support fundraising activities
- Manage the team website and team communications
- Create short and long term plans
- Create a dynamic dryland program that improves performance and decreases injuries
- Create and maintain a budget for the program
This is a salaried position with the salary and compensation commensurate with experience. The ideal starting date for this position is August 1st, but this is negotiable.
Please e-mail resume to [email protected]. Questions may be directed there as well.
with Team Greenville/Greenville County Parks, Recreation, & Tourism
Head Swim Coach and Aquatic Complex Asst. Mgr.
Team Greenville/Greenville County Aquatic Complex @ Westside Park
Greenville County, Parks, Recreation, & Tourism
Competitive Salary (final compensation determination based on individual experience/qualifications)
Complete benefits package including retirement
We are seeking a dynamic, passionate, and capable individual to join our dynamic and award-winning team as Head Swim Coach and Aquatic Complex Assistant Manager. At GCPRT, we are all about building community through our people, parks, & programs – and this position provides great opportunity and meaningful work in an outstanding environment.
Our Team Greenville is a year round program of Greenville County Rec and is regularly recognized as a Silver and Bronze level USA swim club. Team Greenville offers a diversity of competitive, instructional and fitness opportunities for all ages and abilities. The competitive program typically numbers 200 or more swimmers and we plan to grow! Team Greenville practices at the state of the art Greenville County Aquatic Complex @ Westside Park – a 52,000 square foot indoor facility boasting both a 50 meter by 25 yard deep water competition pool and a separate five lane, 25 yard, warm water; teaching, therapy, recreation, and fitness pool.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Overall planning, organizing, and implementation of swimming programs within GCPRT including USA Swimming, United States Masters Swimming and recreational competitive swimming.
- Recruits, trains, supervises, schedules swim coaching staff and volunteers; and assists in supervising aquatic complex staff as needed.
- Schedules all swim team practice, program and meet scheduling. Coordinates effective registration procedures, accurate fee collections, maintain rosters. Oversees meet entry procedures and entry preparation. Maximizes pool usage effectively for practices and meets. Helps coordinate use of pools and scheduling. Schedules and supervises swim meets. Orders and maintains inventory of necessary program equipment, materials and supplies. Assists in maintaining timing equipment and with set up and breakdown activities.
- Cultivates a team approach and works harmoniously with staff of all levels. Communicate efficiently and effectively with all staff, membership, department, and community through newsletters, bulletins, website, appearances, team handbook, booster club, etc.
- Assists with the operation, supervision, maintenance, and programming of aquatic facility.
- Develops and administers a program budget, establish fees, assist in fund raising activities, recruits new members, develops programs and secures facility for program usage, liaise with booster club.
- Evaluates programs for effectiveness and profitability.
- Four years relevant experience – strongly prefer national caliber level experience with proven results such as coaching Junior National Qualifiers and Olympic Trials qualifiers.
- National certification of at least ASCA Level 3 or higher as a swimming coach..
- A passion for swimming and team excellence, exceptional leadership and communication skills, basic knowledge of pool chemistry and controllers, and Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (significant relevant experience may be substituted for this requirement).
- Must possess (or obtain after hire): safety training for swim coaches and CPR/First Aid/AED certification. Additionally prefer Starguard Lifeguard Training Certification, instructor certification, and CPO &/or AFO certification.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Experience with the following systems is a plus: Team Unify, MM Manager, Colorado Timing, RecTrac.
The Greenville County Parks, Recreation & Tourism is nestled in Upstate South Carolina close to the Blue Ridge Mountains and only three hours from the beach. The area has combined traditional southern charm, stunning natural beauty and an unexpected contemporary cool which has combined to create one of America’s hottest emerging destinations and fastest growing cities. From a revitalized downtown ranked among “America’s Ten Best” by Forbes Magazine to downtown Greenville’s one-of-a-kind Liberty Bridge, quaint shops, boutiques, and fabulous restaurants to a world-class collection of museums, galleries, and theaters to some of the most beautiful lakes, rivers and mountains in the world, Greenville is everything they say it is and more. http://www.visitgreenvillesc.com/
ABOUT GREENVILLE COUNTY PARKS, RECREATION & TOURISM
Creating community through people, parks and programs.
We believe parks and programs offer more than venues for recreation – they create community. Parks improve our quality of life by promoting health and wellness, fostering cultural unity, supporting economic development, and protecting the environment. Our mission is to be a leader in providing diverse, dynamic, ever-improving recreational opportunities in a sustainable manner. We are the largest provider of public leisure opportunities in the greater Greenville, South Carolina area with over fifty five parks and recreation facilities. Our sites provide the setting for a variety of programs for citizens of all ages.
To apply, please visit http://www.greenvillecounty.org/apps/OnlineApplications/ViewOpenJobs.aspx?type=PRT
and submit your online application
(be sure to also upload your resume within the application as well).
Questions regarding the position?
Contact Merv Faassen de Heer at 864-679-SWIM
or email him at [email protected]
with Rock Island/Milan School District #41
http://rockislandschools.org/risd/ > Employment
Head Swim Coach (Boys & Girls) / RIHS
Certified in an approved teaching area or complete an approved State of Illinois coaching program;
Completion certified CPR training;
Broad knowledge of IHSA and NCAA rules, guidelines, and procedures
***$10,272 coaching stipend***
with Bozeman Barracuda Swim Club
SEEKING HEAD COACH TO BUILD ON SUCCESSFUL PROGRAM – BOZEMAN, MT
The Bozeman Swim Club, (BSC), the Barracudas, is in beautiful Bozeman, Montana. We are seeking a full-time, top tier Head Coach with a proven track record to build our successful program in partnership with our non-profit parent Board and active volunteers. We are an age-group based program with 130 swimmers ages 5 and up with athletes ranging from the beginning swimmer up to and including athletes qualifying for upper level meets. We are a Positive Coaching Alliance partner and boast a respectful family culture rich in tradition and excellence and routinely challenge for or win Montana team titles. The club swims in an 8-lane, 50-meter facility. A removable bulkhead is currently being procured to allow practice and competition in a short course format.
Bozeman is an active, growing community in Southwest Montana. It is home to Montana State University and offers a range of recreational and cultural activities well beyond those of other similar-sized communities. World-class fishing, skiing and hiking is right outside our doors and Yellowstone National Park, multiple wilderness areas and federal/state forests and parks are located nearby.
The Barracuda Head Coach will lead all aspects of our competitive swim program including:
Supervision of assistant coaches including hiring and firing,
- Coaching and/or oversight of all groups/levels of athletes,
- Development of the competitive program (both in-water and dryland training) within the framework of the Club’s mission and core values,
- Athlete registration, team management and meet entries,
- Annual and seasonal plan development and review,
- Tracking athlete/team performance,
- Management and evaluation of athlete goal setting and tracking,
- Development of seasonal meet schedule for approval by the Board, and
- Parent meetings and athlete communications
Desired Qualifications include:
- Energetic, dynamic and positive leader that works well in and independent role, possesses strong leadership, organizational and administrative skills;
- A strong background in competitive swimming with a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ progressive coaching experience with a history of leading both novice and high-level age-group swimmers;
- History of working successfully to develop competitive, high-level swimmers by advancing athletes through an age-group program;
- ASCA Level 3 or higher certification;
- Serve as a positive role model for young athletes maintaining high ethical and moral standards;
- Ability to effectively communicate appropriate goals and progressions to swimmers and parents;
- Coaching member in good standing with USA Swimming and current on all background checks and certifications/training including athlete protection, first aid, CPR, AED, coaches safety, etc.;
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with other coaches, the Board of Directors, the local swim center management/staff, volunteers, parents and athletes and be a strong advocate for the sport of competitive swimming
- Ability and desire to serve in various capacities in support of the Montana LSC;
- Proficient computer skills and effective knowledge of Team Unify, Hy-Tek Team Manager, Meet Manager, Main Set, and Microsoft applications (MSWord, Excel, etc.);
- Ability and commitment to abide by USA Swimming Code of Conduct;
- A clean driving record and the ability to travel to all scheduled meets both intrastate and interstate;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong knowledge of stroke technique, training, dryland progressions, and taper strategies for a range of swimmer ages and abilities;
- Ability to embody the Club’s core values including respect, family and personal development and instill and educate swimmers and parents about the role and value of excellence, commitment and competition in high-level performance;
Compensation will be based on experience. We offer a competitive compensation package including retirement savings plan, education allowance, travel expense reimbursement and health savings plan. Anticipated start date is August 15, 2017. This job announcement will remain open until filled.
with YMCA of Greater New York
SALARY: $12.00 P/H – $16.50 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York reaches half a million New Yorkers through programs that focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Prospect Park YMCA is seeking qualified individuals who will be responsible for the health and safety of patrons using the facility.
- Must be Instructor Ready: uniform, pocket face mask/gloves, whistle and rescue tube.
- Continuous and active scanning of the pool.
- Ensure instructional equipment remains in good condition; have all equipment ready prior to classes and put away after.
- Know and understand the Emergency Action Plan and Emergency Evacuation Routes.
- Enforce aquatics safety rules consistently and fairly.
- Perform second duties, as requested, only when not lifeguarding.
- Maintain positive relationships with members and staff.
- Follow the directions of the YMCA of Greater New York aquatic supervisors, in accordance with the YMCA aquatic standards.
- Must attain the YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor certification within 90 days of hire.
- Maintain certification level of physical and mental readiness. Responsible for recertification before expiration.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Current YMCA Lifeguard certification or equivalent.
- Current CPRO, First Aid and Emergency Oxygen certifications.
- Demonstrate swim strokes, lifeguard rescues and CPRO/FA/EO skills.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Excellent hospitality skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Lifeguard” to [email protected] or to:
Prospect Park YMCA
Attn.: Amy Whitsell
357 Ninth Street
Brooklyn, NY 11215
New York City’s YMCA | WE’RE HERE FOR GOOD
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE