Location: 5959 North Discovery Way, Boise, ID, USA
with Boise Y Swim Team
Position: Full Time Head Site/Head Age-Group Swim Team Coach
Organization: Boise Y Swim Team
Location: Boise, Idaho
Start Date: August, 2019
The Boise Y Swim Team is seeking qualified applicants for the full time position of Head Site/Age-Group Coach. The Head Site/Age-Group Coach will serve as the Head Coach at the Downtown Branch of the Boise Y Swim Team (a multi-facility program) and also serve as the Head Age-Group Coach for the overall program. The Boise Y is devoted to developing high-caliber swimmers and people. The ideal individual will possess qualities that demonstrate the YMCA mission and have proven experience with the development of age-group level swimmers.
Under the guidance of the Head Coach, the Head Site/Age-Group Coach is responsible for managing the Downtown Branch of the Boise Y Swim Team and for serving as the Head Age-Group Coach for the overall program with an emphasis on safety, volunteer and staff development, team member development, seasonal planning, daily workouts and goal setting, promotion of both competitive swimming and YMCA core values, and integration of team goals within the YMCA mission.
- ASCA Level 3-4 or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Three years of successful competitive coaching experience.
- Current USA Swimming coach certifications (in good standing) or ability to obtain within 60 days;
- Ability to develop age-group level swimmers as both high-quality swimmers and high-quality people.
- Ability to develop and implement quadrennial, yearly and seasonal plans, including training cycles and daily workout organization for all competitive events and levels of age-group swimmers.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of participants, parents, YMCA employees, and volunteers, and ability to do so within YMCA parameters.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including telephone etiquette and computer use.
- Prior experience of successful supervision of staff and volunteers preferred.
Commensurate with experience. The Treasure Valley Family YMCA provides a progressing work environment with great benefits, including a 10% employer-funded retirement plan after 2 years of service with immediate vesting; ability to make additional contributions to retirement benefits through 403(b) savings plan; high quality and affordable healthcare benefits including dental and life insurance (50-75% employer paid for family); and free use of YMCA.
Boise is an outdoor recreation mecca with breathtaking mountains, skiing, white water rafting and biking. Combines a small town feel with great community assets and values, wonderful schools, and exceptional arts, entertainment, and dining!
Location: Cleveland, OH, USA
with Cleveland State University
Cleveland State University
Assistant Coach – Swimming
Position Description: Assists the head coach in all facets of the swimming program to ensure a quality program and successful Division I team. Assumes responsibility for at least two of the following swimming program operations: recruiting coordination, camps, academic supervision, community relations. Updates alumni and friends regarding the swimming program utilizing social media and other forms of communication. Interacts professionally with all internal and external customers using strong interpersonal skills.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree. Minimum three years competing at the collegiate level. Demonstrated ability to build positive working relationships with students, coaches and administrators. Working knowledge of and commitment to NCAA rules and regulations. Strong commitment to academic goals. Excellent organizational, communication and public relations skills. Valid driver’s license and ability to establish driver eligibility under the University’s Driving and Motor Vehicle Policy.
Preferred Qualifications: Progressively responsible experience in practice and game day coaching, recruiting, scheduling, academic support and camps/clinics.
Application Information: Applications will be exclusively accepted online at https://hrjobs.csuohio.edu/postings/11058. Mailed or emailed application materials will not be accepted. Application Deadline August 2, 2019.
Offer of employment is contingent on satisfactory completion of the University’s verification of credentials and other information required by law and/or University policies or practices, including but not limited to a criminal background check.
It is the policy of Cleveland State University to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Apply here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/gcm8hsy267pzx44n
Location: Land O' Lakes Recreation Complex, Collier Parkway, Land O Lakes, FL, USA
with Florida Elite Swimming
We are excited to announce the opening for a Levels/Age Group Coach in Land O Lakes, FL in the Tampa area.
Job Responsibility – Assistant Coach: Coaches will be responsible for between 4 – 15 hours of on-deck coaching per week, and may attend 1 weekend meet per month. Hours will depend on groups and coach availability.
* Desire & passion for developing swimmers at a competitive level.
* Coaching and managerial experience and/or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level.
* Strong communication, organizational, and administrative skills.
* Expertise with current technique development and training methodologies.
* Enthusiastic and highly motivated team player.
* Minimum of ASCA Level 1 Certification or comparable.
* USA Swimming Certified Coach
FE Swimming offers competitive compensation based on qualifications and coaching time commitment.
To find out more about the program at FE Swimming, please visit SwimElite.org.
Location: 1070 Eisenschmidt Ln, St Helens, OR 97051, USA
with Sea Lions Swim Team - SLST
The Sea Lions Swim Team (SLST) is currently looking to fill the position of Head Coach. The Sea Lions call Eisenschmidt Pool in St. Helens, OR home and serve swimmers in Columbia County from Scappoose to Rainier. St. Helens is located on Highway 30 about 25 miles Northwest of downtown Portland.
SLST has approximately 30 – 40 year round swimmers ranging in age from 6 – 18 years. The Head Coach is responsible for coaching Age Group and Senior level swimmers and working with the Novice Coach to develop swimmers, set goals for swimmer performance, and establish club goals.
Applicants should have a minimum of 1 year coaching experience with swimmers at all ages, including some experience/knowledge of coaching senior level athletes. Coaching candidates should have strong communication skills and are expected to be passionate about developing swimmers and building a strong club.
• Conduct 5 practices per week. Practice time is Monday – Friday from 5:15 – 6:45 pm.
• Write workouts for both the Age Group and Senior Group and coach on deck during practices.
• Work closely with the Novice Coach to maintain and develop current swimmers and grow the team.
• Schedule swim meets (1 meet per month average) and encourage participation.
• Manage entries for swim meets and attend swim meets.
• Establish a positive environment that promotes the love of swimming.
• Work with the board to communicate with swimmers and parents.
• Work with the Meet Director for the team’s annual home meet, held in November each year, and encourage participation by all SLST swimmers.
• Adhere to all USA Swimming policies
• Perform administrative duties as necessary (i.e. tracking attendance)
• Current CPR/AED certification
• Current First Aid certification
• Current Safety Training for Swim Coaches certification
• Current Lifeguarding Certification (preferred)
• Concussion Training
• Athlete Protection
• Knowledge of Team Unify management system (preferred)
• Knowledge of Hy-Tek system (preferred)
Compensation is negotiable based on experience but between $18 – $22 per hour with annual salary between $10,000 – $12,500 per year. Professional fees and continuing education opportunities are paid for/reimbursed by the team. Additional bonus may be awarded at the discretion of the Board.
Location: UCSD, Gilman Drive, San Diego, California, USA
with Swim San Diego
Swim San Diego is seeking applications for a distance swim coach within our organization. We are a growing team based at UCSD and looking at developing a distance based training group to attract and cultivate distance swimming. This includes both pool and open water.
We strive to meet the needs of all members of Swim San Diego regardless of ability level.
The position requires an individual with direct distance training background either as a competitor or a coach and is someone with a passion for working with children and as well as has a passion for the sport.
The ideal candidate would have excellent communication and teaching skills and embrace the long term developmental philosophy of the Swim San Diego program. Strong computer skills and a good understanding of Team Unify are a plus. You will develop the curriculum of the Swim San Diego distance program and work alongside the other coaches.
Salary is negotiable and is based on coaching experience. Swim San Diego is developing a bonus program at the end of each season based on the performance of each group and size of team at the end of the season.
Location: 1699 Deerfield Road, Lebanon, OH, USA
with Countryside YMCA Torpedoes
Head Age Group Coach / Competitive Swimming (posted July 18, 2019)
- Reports to: Jason Roberts
- Hours and Days: This is an hourly position with varied hours which include evenings and weekends.
- Job Summary: This position is responsible for directing a Countryside YMCA Age Group 11&over within the guidelines established by the Director of Competitive Swimming. The primary objective of the Age Group Program is to prepare each athlete to meet his/her potential as athletes and to promote the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith. Essential functions of this position require excellent communication skills, personal organization, extensive knowledge of stroke technique and the Torpedoes common language, knowledge of aerobic development, ability to set near- and long-term club goals, and self-image development.
- SKILLS REQUIRED
- Strong working knowledge of Team Unify
- Working knowledge of Timing System Setup and Operation
- Knowledge and understanding of swimmer equipment (ie.stretch cordz, reaction system, underwater camera etc.)
- Strong organizational and communications skills
- Self starter
- Five years working within a competitive swimming program.
- Performance Achievement Criteria – Proven track record of two or more of the following encouraged: YMCA National qualifiers, Age Group National Top 20, Team Record Holders, USA Zone Qualifiers, USA Sectional or Higher Qualifiers.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age and pass a background check pre-hire
- Within 30 days of start date must attend and complete Changing Lives – New YMCA Employee Orientation and 0nline training modules for Child Abuse Recognition and Prevention and Harassment at the Y
- Completion of YMCA program-specific and trainer certifications.
- YMCA Lifeguard certification; CPR; First Aid; AED; Blood-borne Pathogens.
- YMCA Principles of Competitive Swimming and Diving; YMCA Swim Coach Certification
- Minimum ASCA Level 3 Coach
- Ability to obtain a USA Swimming membership and pass all safe sport requirements within 30 days.
- Position availability: August 2019
Location: Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area, TX, USA
with Lakeside Aquatic Club
We are seeking an enthusiastic and organized age group coach. We are looking for someone who is dedicated to developing quality age group swimmers through our established curriculum focused on fundamental stroke technique. This coach will be working directly with our Head Age Group Coach to establish technically efficient swimmers.
- Conduct – 5-6 workouts per week for approximately 25-30 hours a week. Attends 1-2 swim meets a month.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with the LAC curriculum.
- Prepare, approve and submit swimmers’ meet entries.
- Recommend practice level placement and changes for all swimmers in currently in practice groups and in one group below current training group.
- Assist other coaches/instructors as needed within LAC, and communicate regularly with counterpart group coaches at each site.
- Creates smaller workout groups within the larger group for the purpose of providing more challenging workouts to all swimmers in the group
- College Degree (preferred)
- USA Swimming Coach Member (required)
- One year competitive swim coaching experience (preferred)
- ASCA Level 2 Certified Coach (preferred)
- 5 years competitive swimming experience (preferred)
- Energetic, patient and gives simple instructions.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer proficiency, including email, Internet navigation, and Microsoft Office software.
Location: Flower Mound, TX, USA
with Lakeside Aquatic Club
Lakeside Aquatic Club is currently accepting resumes for the position of Senior Coach. The ideal candidate must demonstrate sound knowledge of energy system training, advanced stroke mechanics and the ability to positively motivate and teach swimmers ages 12-18 years old. This coach would coach two groups with the primary responsibility of coaching our top 13-14 year old group, as well as assisting with our National Team Group.
Lakeside Aquatic Club (LAC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization focused on bringing all levels of swimming to the area from learn-to-swim programs to national level development. LAC is one of the largest and most successful teams in the state of Texas, with over 1,000 swimmers. Our swimmers are Olympic Trials qualifiers, Paralympic Trials qualifiers, high school state champions, collegiate athletes and NCAA champions. LAC is a USA Swimming Silver Medal Club and has been a two time Gold Medal Club.
LAC currently operates in 5 facilities in 3 areas in NorthEast Tarrant County and Southern Denton County: The Colony, Flower Mound/Lewisville and Keller. Three of LAC’s current facilities are school district owned and operated, two are city owned and operated and LAC has great relationships with all facilities and management. LAC’s programs span from Learn-to-Swim all the way to Masters swimming for adults. All Programs are taught by highly qualified coaches using our proven curriculum that makes transitioning from one level to another seamless and successful.
Essential Job Tasks
- Develop and coach LAC programs as assigned. Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with the LAC curriculum.
- Follow a seasonal, weekly, and daily training and practice plan for assigned groups based on the Head Coach’s vision. Maintain an accurate swimmer roster and attendance records.
- Create smaller workout groups within the larger group for the purpose of providing more challenging workouts to all swimmers in the group
- Create workout sets designed to develop swimmers for the next group
- Proactively develop and maintain professional relationships with current swimmers through constructive feedback, encouragement, and general interaction.
- Perform responsibilities as assigned in the current LAC Administrative Duties list.
- Communicate professionally with swimmers, parents, and coaches by promptly answering telephone calls and emails according to LAC policies and procedures.
- College Degree
- ASCA Level 4 Certified Coach
- 5-7 years competitive swimming experience
- 5-7 years competitive coaching experience with A and above level swimmers
- Able to communicate and engage all ages in practice and keep them excited about training at a high level.
- Energetic, patient and gives simple instructions.
- Must be able to foster an environment of excellence in swimming through drills, dryland, aerobic/ anaerobic training and racing.
- Understands stroke development and advanced aerobic training for age group and senior swimmers.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer proficiency, including email, Internet navigation, Team Unify, Meet Manager and Microsoft Office software.
License and Certification Requirements
- USA Swimming Coach Member (required)
- American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA) member (preferred)
- Valid United States Driver’s License (required)
- Ability to work in the United States (required)
***This position comes with full benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Email resume to [email protected]
Location: Avery Aquatic Center, Sam MacDonald Mall, Stanford, CA, USA
with Alto Swim Club
Alto Swim Club is seeking a Lead Age Group 2 Coach & Lead Age Group 3 Coach. These could be a full-time or part-time position, depending on interest and availability.
Alto Swim Club trains at multiple facilities in the Palo Alto area, including the Avery Aquatic Center on the Stanford University campus. The team’s mission is to offer the best developmental and high performance programs in the country. Alto Swim Club was formed in October 2018 and is the premier United States Swimming team in Palo Alto and Stanford, CA and the surrounding area. We are a team built by coaching professionals who are passionate about swimming.
The Lead Age Group 2 Coach will be on deck from approximately 4 – 6 pm each night. The coach will be responsible for daily, weekly and season planning. The coach will typically attend 1 – 2 weekend meets per month. Age Group 2 is a high performing training group for competitive swimmers ages 9 and 10. The group trains 5 sessions per week, approximately 1.5 hours per session. Time Goals include National A, AA, AAA, AAAA, Junior Olympic and Far Western Qualifying Times.
The Lead Age Group 3 Coach will be on deck from approximately 5 – 8 pm each night. The coach will be responsible for daily, weekly and season planning. The coach will typically attend 1 – 2 weekend meets per month. Age Group 3 is a high performing training group for competitive swimmers ages 11 and 12. The group trains 5-6 sessions per week, approximately 2 hours per session. Time Goals include National A, AA, AAA, AAAA, Junior Olympic and Far Western Qualifying Times.
For interested candidates, additional on-deck coaching will be available.
- Coaching and/or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level.
- Current USA Swimming coach certifications.
- Desire & passion for developing swimmers of all ages.
- Strong communication, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Expertise with current technique development and training.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated team player.
Alto Swim Club offers competitive compensation based on qualifications.
Location: 1 Mangini Way, Burlingame, CA, USA
with Burlingame Aquatic Club
The Burlingame Aquatic Club (http://www.burlingameaquatics.com), located in Burlingame, is a non-profit, public benefit organization that provides high quality aquatic programs for people of all ages. We operate out of the Burlingame Aquatic Center on the campus of Burlingame HS, and we work in conjunction with the City of Burlingame and its Parks & Recreation Department.
Under the supervision of the Head Coach (HC), the Lead Age Group Coach (LAGC) is responsible for developing, organizing, and implementing a high quality training and education program to meet the needs of the assigned groups of the BAC Age Group Swim Team. Our goal is for our team to grow in quantity and quality as a competitive swim team within the Zone 1 North of Pacific Swimming and USA Swimming. The LAGC is the primary point of contact for the swimmers and parents in his/her assigned groups, and must ensure that a professional level program is offered at all times.
The LAGC will be the LEAD on:
- Maintaining a season plan for all group(s) coached. This includes when to alter practice schedule to optimize training, social events, incentive programs, etc.
- Communicating with all group(s) coached. This will include a weekly email as well as any additional support emails that must be addressed over the course of the week.
- Managing assigned pool space (lane set-up, covers). Please allow 15 minutes on the pool deck immediately before a scheduled practice and 15 minutes immediately following to assess your pool situation and to answer parent/swimmer questions.
- Educating swimmers and parents on team culture and competitive swimming etiquette.
- Maintaining good standing as a coach member of USA Swimming
The HC will require support from the LAGC on the following:
- Attend meets as assigned by HC
- Fundraising efforts. This could be organizing a fundraiser with a local restaurant, our annual Lap-A-Thon, Silent Auction, etc.
- Technique Clinics (once per trimester)
- Maintaining a proper work schedule under federal, state, and BAC employment guidelines
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned by the HC
The LAGC is responsible for:
- The contents of the BAC Employee Handbook
- Logging daily attendance for swim group(s)
- Ensuring the safety of swimmers (staying with swimmers if we are closing)
- Logging hours daily in ADP app
- Attend weekly staff meetings
Hours and Location:
Hours for this position include approximately 15 hours of practice time per week as agreed to with the Coach, all at the Burlingame Aquatic Center or satellite pool locations, plus additional time spent preparing the facility for practices, meeting with coworkers, and responding to member inquiries. Some administrative work must be done on site at the aquatic facility, in addition to staff meetings. Practice hours include early afternoon practice sessions as well as the possibility of evening practice sessions. A typical month will also include 1-2 weekend swim meets/competitions.
The LAGC must have a strong background in the sport of swimming (USA Swimming and/or collegiate swimming background preferred) and have the ability to effectively teach swimming to a wide range of athletes. He/she must be able to provide creative swim workouts that incorporate the technical needs of all swimmers, and also have a very positive on-deck demeanor. The LAGC must have professional communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with participants about any program changes or special events. The LAGC must be reliable, punctual, and approachable, and must be dedicated to sustaining a strong program that values all levels of swimmers. He/she must be able to cooperate with all BAC staff members in an effort to support the overall mission of the club.
The LAGC must hold a current nationally recognized Training Certification in CPR, First Aid, and Water Safety for Swim Coaches and is responsible for keeping those certifications current. American Red Cross Lifeguard certification is required within 3 months. Current coaching membership in USA Swimming is also required. BAC does reimburse for the cost of certification/membership upkeep.
Salary & Benefits:
This is a part-time, hourly, non-exempt and non-benefitted position. Pay is commensurate with experience.
Location: Reno, NV, USA
with Reno Aquatic Club
Reno Aquatic Club (RENO) located in beautiful Reno, Nevada (USA) is seeking a dynamic, motivated, and skilled Head Age Group Coach for its year-round competitive swim program. Reno Aquatic Club has an impressive 45-year history and has produced American Record Holders, National Champions, multiple Olympic Trials qualifiers, and countless Division I student-athletes. Currently the team has a lot of momentum and is looking for an energetic Head Age Group Coach to help establish RENO as the premier team on the west coast.
The position is tentatively set to begin between November – January of 2019/2020, potentially sooner for the right candidate.
RENO is a nonprofit 501c3 organization and is supported by a parent run volunteer board of directors and coaches.
The City of Reno is an up-and-coming city with amazing outdoor recreational activities. It’s located 45-minutes from Lake Tahoe, several hiking and biking trails are located conveniently in town, and there are 10+ world-class ski resorts within a 90-minute drive. Outside Magazine recently rated Reno as one of the best 12 places to live in the country. Reno’s economy is healthy and several big companies have relocated or opened offices in the area including Amazon, Apple, and Tesla.
The ideal candidate is someone with experience with high-level swimming (as a coach and/or swimmer), energetic, motivated, and has aspirations to be a premier swim coach.
- Successfully pass the USA Swimming and Reno Aquatic Club background checks
- Be compliant with all USA Swimming coach certification requirements
- Adhere to all SafeSport requirements
- Experience with high-level swimming either as a swimmer or coach
- Experience working with children and teenagers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to enthusiastically coach and give feedback to all athletes
- Ability to communicate effectively with swimmers, parents, and coaches
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of age group program, primarily swimmers 8th grade and younger
- Under direction of Head Coach, develop training plans and daily practices for age group program
- Provide effective instruction in technique and developing successful habits for athletic development
- Planning and coordinating recruitment for growth in the swim program
- Building positive relationships with swimmers, parents, staff, and the community
- Responding to inquiries for tryouts and conducting tryouts
- Attend swim meets and staff meetings as directed by Head Coach
- Complete assignments as directed by the Head Coach
The candidate must be available to work evenings, Saturday mornings, and swim meets on the weekend (roughly one a month). Actual off-deck work schedule and responsibilities to be determined through mutual agreement with the Head Coach. In total, the position will require roughly 20-30 hours a week (on and off deck).
The team will be offering competitive compensation based on experience and qualifications. The anticipated compensation range will be $22,000 to $30,000 depending upon the skill set and qualifications of the candidate. Please note: Nevada has NO state income tax. The final compensation, bonus incentives, and any other financial support are to be determined based on qualifications of the candidate.
Location: Conway, AR, USA
with Aquakids, Inc
Aquakids Swim Team in Conway, AR has an immediate opening for a Head Coach. We are seeking a passionate coach committed to motivating and developing athletes from novice to state and national levels. The team currently has around 75 registered swimmers ages 6-18. The team currently has swimmers qualified for Zones, Sectionals, NSCA Juniors and Junior Nationals.
1. 3+ years experience as a head coach or head age-group coach at a USA certified swim club.
2. Demonstrated history of successfully developing competitive, high-performance swimmers and successfully progressing them from an age group program to the national level.
3. Knowledgeable in and able to communicate current and proper stroke technique and development, dryland conditioning programs and taper strategies for all swimmers from age group through senior swimmers.
4. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
5. Able to motivate swimmers of all abilities to achieve their full potential.
6. Able to manage and mentor staff of assistant coaches, ensuring implementation of team philosophy and goals.
7. Ability to communicate with parents and board members.
8. ASCA Level 3 certification (or equivalent) required, Level 4 preferred.
9. Member in good standing with USA Swimming and current with all background checks and required certifications.
10. Familiarity with Team Unify, Hy-Tek, and other swimming social media and software programs.
11. Bachelor’s degree required.
12. Significant national club or collegiate swimming experience preferred.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF HEAD COACH INCLUDE:
1. Oversee and supervise the training program for all swim groups and clinics.
2. Coordinate the practice and swim meet schedule.
3. Effectively supervise, mentor and delegate responsibilities to the staff of assistant coaches.
4. Serve as the primary deck coach for the Senior level swimmers.
5. Identify and effectively correct technique deficiencies for swimmers in all groups.
6. Attend monthly board meetings, provide a monthly coach’s report, conduct staff meetings, and execute staff reviews and swimmer evaluations.
7. Set team meet schedules for the SCY and LCM seasons and assist in organizing the home meet.
8. Encourage a fun, interactive, yet highly competitive atmosphere that self-motivates swimmers to attain and surpass their personal goals and expectations. Lead by example.
9. Oversee meet information, results, publicity, travel, newsletter and website content.
10. Motivate swimmers and parents for full participation and enthusiasm.
11. Recruit, retain, and grow the team.
Salary & Benefits: Personal & Vacation benefits. Competitive salary ($38,000+ based on level/experience) and bonus incentives.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Location: 1111 West Washington Street, West Bend, WI 53095, USA
with Kettle Moraine YMCA
Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, the Aquatics Lead assists in supervising and managing the YMCA aquatic department and programs.
- Works with the Aquatics Director to ensure the pool and its programs are operating at optimal safety and quality.
- Performs at least 25-35 hours per week regular direct service: lifeguarding, swim instruction, safety class instruction, aquatic group fitness and deck supervision.
- Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations; maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
- Cooperates and assists other program directors in the administration of special events and activities; supports and volunteers to be a part of the Annual Scholarship Fundraising Campaign.
- Upholds YMCA policies for safety, supervision, mandated reporting and risk management.
- Addresses member concerns in a timely manner and passes along information and concerns to the Aquatics Director and/or appropriate program director.
- Maintains cleanliness in the aquatic facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid, Lifeguarding, LGI, YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor, WSI certifications are preferred; required within 30 days of hire.
- One to two years of related experience.
- Scheduled weeknight and weekend availability.
- Excellent administrative, organizational, customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to react to emergency situations by quick movements, strenuous activity, and on occasion assist or lift persons in distress of varying weights.
- Required to remain alert to dangerous situations while sitting, standing, or walking for various lengths of time.
Location: 1 College Circle, Geneseo, New York, USA
with SUNY Geneseo
This part-time, 10-month position will assist in the organization, implementation, and skill instruction of daily practice, and game-day preparation. Must demonstrate the ability to instruct the student/athletes (team) in all aspects of coaching in the absence of the head coach.
• Assist in the organization, implementation, and skill instruction of daily practice, and game-day preparation
• Instruct student-athletes and staff of applicable intercollegiate athletic rules, regulations, and University policies and ensure compliance of such regulations
• Teach and train student-athletes in skills and strategies specific to a particular sport
• Instruct the team in all aspects of coaching in the absence of the head coach
• Ensure appropriate safety measures are observed when conducting team activities. Train the student athlete on such safety measures
Develop and conduct pre-season, in-season and off-season training and conditioning programs for the team
• Be present for all scheduled practices and games
• Assist in the organization of team fundraising events
• Assess talent of prospective student-athletes by attending local high school /prep-school/junior/AAU games and/or tournaments.
• Make phone and written contact with prospects and coaches.
Location: 916 King Rd, Ashland, OH, USA
with Ashland University
|Ashland University is an NCAA Division II institution that competes in the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC), one of the most highly respected NCAA Division II conferences in the country. Ashland University offers a comprehensive 23-sport athletic program. The university is located off of Interstate 71 in Ashland, Ohio, midway between Cleveland and Columbus.Position Summary:
Ashland University is seeking applications for the position of Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach. The assistant swimming and diving coach is required to recruit off campus and be involved with on-campus visits. This position will assist the head coach in developing the overall recruiting plan. This position reports to the Head Swimming and Diving Coach and the Athletic Director and could include other duties including event management and representing the athletic department at various functions.
|Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.