with Jackson Swim Team Association
Jackson Swim Team is the only program of its kind in a 60 mile radius offering a comprehensive swim program for a variety of ages, interests, and abilities. We are seeking an enthusiastic head coach to lead, further develop, and expand our existing swim program with the help and support of a volunteer parent board. We are a non-profit, board-governed, coach-led team.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK: Implement and manage an existing year-round competitive, recreational, lesson, and adult swim program for the greater Jackson, Tennessee area. Oversee daily practices, meet schedules, and assistant coaches.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Contribute to and advance the overall team philosophy on coaching, swimmer development, and team dynamics. Implement and improve on the existing programs at the competitive, recreational and swim lesson levels to attract and retain swimmers. Motivate and inspire swimmers to set, meet, and surpass their goals.
- Be a USA swim coach in good standing. Instruct on coaching techniques, evaluate performances, and initiate disciplinary action as needed. Demonstrate swimming technique, observe students to detect and correct mistakes. Aid in goal-setting.
- Respond to outside inquiries within 1 business day, help new families choose the right program for their child. Perform swim evaluations. Look for opportunities to recruit and promote swimmers.
- Develop and carry out seasonal training plans, including “dry-land” strength-training that will complement water training, to help swimmers reach their potentials.
- Plan and post seasonal competition schedules for all groups. Review and submit entries for all swimmers participating in USA Swimming competitions and local meets. Record meet results and post on team website.
- Coordinate and post practice times for training groups based on skill levels, coach availability, school hours, and facility availability.
- Evaluate swimmer skill level initially and periodically and place in appropriate group accordingly. Maintain minimum requirements for team participation and criteria for defining the different groups.
- Create and post staff schedules for practices, lessons, and meets. Mentor qualified assistant instructors to teach lessons and coach swimmers as needed. Maintain and ensure all necessary coaching certifications for self and assistants. Participate in coach evaluation and improvement efforts. Record coaching hours and pool usage hours and provide monthly reports.
- Maintain regular and timely communications with swimmers, parents, coaches, and board members. Attend monthly board meetings. Host periodic parent meetings to educate and inform parents. Maintain “office hours” to confer with participants and parents to resolve grievances, explain rules and regulations, and discuss concerns off the deck.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of the latest coaching techniques through research and continuing education.
- Communicate with facility staff and adhere to facility use requirements. Promote and enforce adherence by all members. Submit required documentation to the facility.
- Be punctual and timely in meeting job performance requirements, including but not limited to, attendance and tardiness standards and work deadlines.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS: Perform related tasks as required.
IDEAL KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Knowledge of physiological, psychological and developmental needs of participants.
- Knowledge of current aquatic coaching techniques, training, and teaching methods.
- Knowledge of TeamUnify software to submit meet entries, assist in registrations, and update website regularly.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to plan and schedule the work of others.
- Ability to work independently and to plan and organize programs.
- Ability to analyze the needs of swimmers with varying levels of physical and mental ability.
- Ability to administer first aid and other life saving precautions according to prescribed procedures.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE: College degree in related field and one year experience head coaching competitive swimming or any combination of education, training, and experience providing the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform essential job functions. Personal experience in competitive swimming.
WORKING CONDITIONS: In and around pool facility. Requires traveling to attend swim meets and clinics.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: all USA Swimming Coach certification requirements including First Aid, CPR, Coach’s Safety Training, and coach education. Must be able to pass background check.
with The YMCA of Greater Charlotte
This position is located at the Johnston Family YMCA in the NoDa area of Charlotte, NC!
Please apply directly on our website: https://tinyurl.com/y7fcd4ydor go to www.ymcacharlotte.org/careers to see all of our current openings.
YMCA employees receive a FREE membership with access to all YMCAs across the United States. Additional program discounts up to 50% off for you and members in your household. YMCA also contributes 12% of annual salary to eligible staff members retirement account.
Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Member Experience and consistent with the Christian mission of the YMCA, the Swim and Safety Coordinator position is responsible for the leadership of all areas of all Aquatics including aquatics safety and programs such as Swim Lessons/Swim Teams, Safety Around Water, Water Fitness, the Risk and Safety department for the branch as well as assist with Summer Day Camp.
- Coordinate staff safety trainings for the branch, including Basic Safety Series, Child Abuse Prevention Training, and Code of Conduct training
- Work closely with directors to maintain active rosters and track employee certifications
- Manage American Safety and Health Institute administration for the branch, including all class scheduling and administration, student certification processing, and instructor coordination
- Attend association Safety Training Coordinator and Aquatic Branch Representative meetings
- Accountable for promotion and coordination of Child Abuse Prevention training, Infant/Child, Adult CPR & AED and Preventing Disease Transmission (Blood borne Pathogens)
- Assist branch staff with inventory and cleaning of training materials
- Work closely with the Directors to maintain active rosters and track certifications for employees
- Schedule certified trainers for safety classes at the branch
- Implement high quality instruction for swim lesson participants as shown through program evaluations/swimmer assessments.
- Grow swim programs and identify best practices.
- Lead swim related safety strategies and audits, emergency procedures, readiness audits and staff orientation/onboarding.
- Create pipeline of lifeguards as a recruitment strategy to increase the pool and retention of lifeguards
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and
perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to
another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an
openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
This position requires an individual with an enthusiastic personality who can develop harmonious relationships with staff, members, and volunteers. He/she must present a professional image including:
- Four year college degree in Physical Education, Recreation or related field.
- Minimum of two years of successful experience in aquatic instruction, management and possess minimum certifications in CPR/AED, First Aid, YMCA Lifeguarding, or Red Cross equivalents.
- Computer Skills in MS Office and database management systems.
- Current YMCA Lifeguard Instructor Certification.
- BSS instructor certification within the first 30 days of hire.
- CPO ceritifcation within the first 6 months of hire.
- YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor Certification within the first 90 days of hire.
- Present a professional image and have excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and complete assignments in a timely manner while ensuring a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to write effective communication to parents
- Must be able to work with diverse situations, prioritize work requests and work independently
- Proven ability in the recruiting of staff and volunteers
- Must be attentive to details and confidentiality in work preparation
- Have knowledge and the ability to work in and resolve conflict situations.
- Must be highly organized, possess superior supervisory skills and demonstrate sound judgment, initiative and independent thinking.
- Ability to work a 40-hour week with irregular work hours.
- Ability to work irregular work hours, including evenings and weekends on occasion.
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
- Must be able to lift and/or assist children up to 50 pounds in weight.
- Must be able to push, pull, lift and carry supplies weighing up to 50 pounds, and people weighing up to 200 pounds.
- Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
- Ability to view/enter data for long periods of time.
- Fluent in English, written and verbal communication.
with Buffalo Area Aquatic Club (BAAC)
Responsibilities: BAAC’s Assistant Coach will:
– Collaborate with the team’s Head Coach to develop seasonal training plans for Novice, Age Group, and Advanced practice groups within the philosophy of BAAC’s program.
– design and conduct our Novice & Advanced groups, including developing and implementing dryland workouts.
– Create fun and engaging, yet challenging, skills-based practices.
– Attend all swim meets in which swimmer’s from under their direction are attending (usually one to two meets a month).
– Attend and participate in all staff meetings as requested by the Head Coach.
– Collaborate with the entire staff to develop benchmarks for measuring our swimmers’ improvement and increasing opportunities for all swimmers on the team.
– Work with the Head Coach to oversee individual and team entries, submit entries and post any relevant meet information to our website.
– Track swimmers’ training goals and statistics along with monthly attendance figures. This includes individual goal meetings with swimmers on a seasonal basis and any additional meetings as needed.
– Participate and provide input to Head Coach on the hiring of new staff members.
– Attend and participate in our LSC House of Delegates meetings.
– Experience with Team Unify and Hy-Tek is recommended. Ability to learn quickly is required if the applicant is not familiar.
– Strong organizational skills and ability to give attention and critiques to all coached athletes on a daily basis in practice environments.
– Ability to meet all USA Swimming certification and coaching requirements (CPR, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, USA Background Check, Athlete Protection Training, etc.
– Passion and excitement for the sport of swimming and teaching athletes is a must.
Compensation: This is an hourly position with compensation based on qualifications and experience. Job-related education and travel expenses are covered or reimbursed.
Email resume or inquiry to Mike Cutler, Head Coach at
Buffalo Area Aquatic Club
2655 Millersport Hwy, Unit 425
Getzville, NY 14068
with Saline Swim Team
Saline Swim Team is looking for an experienced coach who, not only, share a love of swimming and working with young people, but also have the expertise and disposition to enhance competitiveness of our exciting and growing program.
- · Plan and implement training design for select Age-groups through a custom seasonal plan
- · Provide a deep understanding of swimming biomechanics, including but not limited to:
progression training, drills and clinic style teaching.
- · Work within the structure of a team wide progressive development plan.
- · Have a basic understanding of aerobic and energy system development
- · Lead groups with and without support from other staff.
- · Must be available on weeknights and some weekends
- · Ability to productively and safely lead large groups of swimmers.
- · Comfort in working with a variety of age groups.
- · Love for the sport of swimming and continued zeal for personal development.
with The AquaKids Inc.
The AquaKids Swim team in Conway, Arkansas has an opening for an assistant coach. The ideal candidate will have a passion for swimming and be comfortable working with and leading groups. The AquaKids is a yearlong competitive program that has a rich history of success developing athletes within USA swimming.
Responsibilities include: Creating a safe and fun environment conducive to learning.
Working with the head coach to implement the core concepts of the program.
Writing and designing a training curriculum that is age and ability appropriate.
Teaching athletes all four legal strokes.
The Aquakids practice during the evening at the Hendrix College pool and travel to an average of 2 meets per month.
Qualifications: Candidates should be USA Swimming coach carded or able to become carded. Including a background check.
Pay: Hourly, based on experience
with YMCA Westside Silver Fins
Under of the direction of the Senior Director of Competitive Swimming, the Program Director of Aquatics & Competitive Swimming will be responsible for the management, supervision, and evaluation of the 13 & Under Silver Fins swim team program. This role will also assist the director with the 14 & over swim team program. Additional responsibilities will include aquatics program, budget, personnel, maintenance, equipment, trainings/staff meetings, risk management, quality assurance and other functions. This role is responsible for maintaining the certification training necessary to be a certified swim coach in accordance with the YMCA of the USA and USA Swimming as this position involves coaching. This position will also oversee swim lessons, learn to swim, and lifeguards as part of the Southwest Valley continuum of aquatic programing.
1. Coach assigned groups as requested by the Senior Director of Competitive Swim
2. Ensures the 13 & under competitive swim program meets the needs of the community and association standards.
3. Provide a season overview or macro plan for all coaching staff to follow. Develop a full curriculum for all 13 & under coaches.
4. Assist in planning and operation of Fundraising events (Swim Clinics, Swim-A-Thons, ect), feeder transitions to include swim lesson and summer recreational participants.
5. Oversee team assessments including but not limited to scheduling of dates, inquires, responses, tryouts, ect. Promote and recruit new swimmers for the West Side YMCA Silver Fins
6. Monitor and revise practice and meet schedules with Senior Director of Competitive Swim.
7. Attend all assigned meets as directed by Senior Director of Competitive Swim. Be on Deck for all assigned hours.
8. Must maintain office hours and be available to work mornings, evening and weekends for practice sessions or swim meets as scheduled.
9. Directly responsible for: billing, enrollment, meet registration, travel of team and other administrative duties as necessary.
10. Develop a strong knowledge of team manager; meet manager and team unify software.
11. Assist in the administration function of the team; team unify related work including, parent communication, practice updates, team records and online meet entries. Set up and breakdown of swim meets.
12. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with other community organizations.
13. Responsible to help move youth along the continuum from first swim lesson to finding the correct spot on a swim team, either recreational or competitive.
14. Evaluates 13 & under staff regularly to ensure program quality and consistence. Makes recommendations to Senior Director of Competitive Swim regarding staff performance issues and concerns.
15. Maintain up-to-date performance reports on age group athletes from practice and swim meets attended. Report swimmer advancement to Senior Director of Competitive Swim and facilitate seamless transitions between groups.
16. Works with aquatic leaders and branch leadership to ensure that the pool and program schedules are in alignment with fiscal and program goals. Assist lifeguards with maintaining a safe pool environment as well as closing duties.
17. Conduct trainings for 13 & under coaching staff that ensure continue growth and enhance consistency of competitive program.
18. Assists in the marketing and actively seek to build strategic philanthropic relationships. Contribute content to YWSF and YMCA weekly and monthly newsletters.
19. Assists in the development and monitoring of the department budget to meet fiscal objectives; assists in fund raising.
20. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
21. Assist with all Aquatic Cabinet as requested, assists Senior Director of Competitive Swim on planning, execution of recreation swim programs.
22. All other duties as assigned.
1. Minimum age of 21.
2. Minimum of three years working as swim coach and previous management related experience.
3. Must possess, maintain and renew American Red Cross and/or YMCA Lifeguard Certification
4. Ability to relate to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
5. Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness for applicable certifications.
6. Ability to think in the abstract, solve problems, and make quick decisions under stress.
7. Must have experience with computers including meet manager, team manager and Team Unify.
8. Must be able to manage a competitive swim team program of 150+ Age Group swimmers, hire and supervise staff, facilities, equipment, scheduling, and the ability to work closely with aquatic leadership.
9. Knowledge and experience in the recruitment, training and supervision of profession staff.
10. Must have skills in public relations, communication, interpersonal relationships and presenting.
11. Demonstrate a commitment to the Y’s four Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
with Jersey Wahoos Swim Club
Jersey Wahoos Swim Club (JWSC) in Mount Laurel has immediate openings for Lifeguards. Lifeguards are responsible to enforce safety rules and provide appropriate supervision for the pool area, and ensure a safe environment in and around the pool area.
Lifeguard candidates MUST HAVE CURRENT certifications in American Red Cross Lifeguard Training, American Red Cross CPR, First Aid and AED.
• Ensure safety in and around the pool area at all times
• Render first aid and CPR within the scope of employee’s certifications
• Maintain pool area so that area is kept clean and safe at all times
• Create a warm and welcoming environment for all members
• Maintain appropriate certifications
• Understand safety and emergency preparedness procedures for JWSC
with Tigard Tualatin Swim Club
The Tigard-Tualatin Swim Club is conducting a search for a dynamic Head Age Group Coach. TTSC is a multi-site team that operates out of pools in both Tigard and Tualatin, OR (suburbs of Portland). We currently have approximately 140 swimmers ranging from age 5 to 18.
The Head Age Group Coach of the Tigard-Tualatin Swim Club demonstrates leadership and responsibility for the administration of aspects relating to the age group programs of the club. S/he will be involved in all aspects of the TTSC program, including (but not limited to) scheduling, training, performance, and safety.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, competitive program aimed at athletes age 14 and younger.
- Plan and conduct 2-3 hours per day of on-deck coaching, working with our Senior Prep group (ages 11-14).
- Communicate effectively with parents, swimmers, and other coaches (email, phone, face to face).
- Coordinate and develop group goals and curriculum.
- Maintain up-to-date performance reports on age group athletes.
- Coordinate online meet entries (Team Unify) for all age group meets.
- Attend all scheduled swim meets, meetings, and team functions as required.
- Assist Head Coach with planning seasonal practice and meet schedules.
- Assist with team tryouts and swimmer assessments for group placement.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Bachelor’s Degree (exercise science, education, or related field preferred).
- Minimum of 3 years’ successful experience as a Head Age Group or Head Coach with a USA Swimming team is preferred.
- ASCA Level 2 or above preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Positive and energetic presence with a passion for teaching technique.
- Proficiency with Team Unify web services, meet entries, and communication.
- Current CPR, First Aid, Coaches Safety, and Safe Sport certifications and membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
Preferred start date: April 1st, 2019 (the beginning of our long course season). The position will remain open until filled. Salary range $28,000-$32,000, commensurate with experience.
For more information about our team and programs, please visit our website at www.ttsc.org
with The Bolles School
The Bolles School
Swim Camp Counselor Job Description
Position Title: Summer Swim Camp Employment Opportunities
Purpose: These positions are seasonal employees under the supervision of the Swim Camp Director. The main responsibility of these positions is to enthusiastically lead a group of campers in having an enjoyable, safe, and enriching swim camp experience. The Swim Camp Counselors will also have the opportunity to learn about coaching and swimming from the Bolles School Sharks swim team coaches.
• Take primary responsibility for the health, well-being and happiness of campers
• Each counselor will be responsible for daily rotation of office duties: to include the check in/out of campers and dorm supervision
• Recognize and respond appropriately to opportunities for group problem solving
• Supervise, assist instructors as needed and actively participate in all aspects of the campers’ day
• Observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques
• Meet/communicate regularly with Director regarding concerns, updates, challenges
• Maintain positive relationships with campers by showing sensitivity to campers’ emotional needs and problem solving any camper issues effectively
• Encourage respect for other campers’ personal property, school property, camp equipment and facilities
• Abide by all of The Bolles Swim camp policies and procedures as well as the standards set forth by the coaches’ safety training
• Set a good example for campers, including cleanliness, punctuality, respect, rules and demeanor
• Plan and participate in all camp activities with a positive attitude
• Execute all emergency procedures with safety of campers as the first concern
• Counselors must live on The Bolles School campus for the duration of the camp
• Demonstrated experience working with children; camp or other group experience preferred
• Ability to teach and lead various recreational activities
• Excellent character, integrity and adaptability
• Ability to communicate and work with a variety of age and skill levels
• The desire and ability to work in a cooperative, team-oriented atmosphere
• Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience and self-control
• Participation in competitive swim programs preferred
• First Aid/CPR certification
• All positions require successful completion of a pre-employment background check and drug screen
• Need to be available from June 9th-July 21st @ 6pm.
• Minimum age of 18years
• Demonstrates and enthusiastically supports the School’s Mission and values of courage, integrity, compassion, and excellence
• Performs in a manner that reflects positively on The Bolles School
• Builds deep relationships with students, families, and staff to foster a culture of inclusion
• All Athletic department coaches and staff must follow and promote the vision of the department, which is to develop a culture of student athletes who are ‘Humble in Victory and Gracious in Defeat’
• Performs other duties as requested
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
• Works in a noisy, fast paced environment both indoors and outdoors
• Be able to occasionally lift up to 45 lbs.
• Work intermittently in outside weather conditions; including daily exposure to sun, heat, water and bugs
• Must be able to assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury)
• Must possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers
• Prolonged standing, some bending, and walking required
It is understood that this Job Description has been developed as an outline for basic responsibilities. Additional duties may be assigned by the Swim Camp Director from time to time as deemed appropriate and/or necessary.
with Indian Valley Family YMCA
Under the supervision of the Aquatic Director, the Head Swim Coach will be responsible for carrying out the overall purpose, goals, objectives and philosophies of the YMCA of Greater Hartford and the YMCA of the USA. The Head Swim Coach should be ready to take the Swim Team Program to the next level.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives.
- Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships and partnerships with community organizations.
- Promotes and models strong character development among program participants and staff; encourages habits that foster a strong community and team spirit that is consistent with YMCA core values.
- Understands and completely adopts the Team Philosophy. Then ensure that the (often rotating) board members, assistant coaches and parents all understand and model it as well.
- Attends and league board meetings, and takes charge on any issues that may affect swimmers or coaches, vote in line with the coach philosophy and other association coaches.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develop schedules and directs coaches and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates coach performance.
- Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures
- Records of staff certifications are current and complete.
- Oversee, support and communicate with the coaching staff. Provide educational opportunities where possible to coaching staff and volunteers.
- Develop and implement an appropriate training program, practice schedule and meet schedule for the entire coaching staff and team. Ensure that all other programs and schedules are appropriate for the age, and adhere to the Team Philosophy.
- Develop and implement “dry land” strength, conditioning and nutritional program appropriate for all age and swimming levels.
- Meet with swimmers and/ or parents to discuss goals and progress, and to ensure that any concerns are addressed within a timely manner.
- Proficient using Team Unify, Hytek Meet Manager and Microsoft applications.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
- Is knowledgeable of daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Collaborates within the YMCA Aquatic Dept. to properly schedule pool facilities for all competitive swimming activities.
- Coordinates all contracts for outside competitive swimming programs that utilize Countryside YMCA facilities.
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 21 years of age preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years as the Head Coach of a competitive swimming program including managing and developing two (2) or more assistant coaches
- Up to date in USA and YMCA coaching credentials preferred, or ability to obtain with 30 days or less.
- Proficiency in Hy-Tek and Team Unify.
- Must possess the knowledge and ability to teach all competitive strokes, rules and regulations to team members.
- Must be able to plan practice sessions and swim meets, bring creative programming ideas to the team, maintain equipment and show a responsible attitude toward the team.
- Must adhere to established YMCA Youth Sports philosophies, goals and objectives.
- In addition to the above requirements, it is expected that the Head Swim Coach will bring to his/her position maturity, responsibility, positive values and sincere interest in working with people and shaping young athletes.
- Requirements within 30 days of hire include: completion of:
- Background check
- Completion of YMCA program-specific and trainer certifications.
- YMCA Lifeguard certification or ARC LG/ARC Safety Course for Swim Coaches; CPR; First Aid; AED; • YMCA Principles of Competitive Swimming and Diving; YMCA Swim Coach Certification
- Ability to obtain a USA Swimming membership
Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
with Illinois Swimming Inc.
Board of Directors and under supervision of the General Chair and Administrative Vice Chair
To inspire excellence through innovation and leadership.
To offer our members programs which promote swimming and achieve excellence through education, innovation and commitment to leadership.
SPORT DIRECTOR ROLE:
The Sport Director will passionately provide leadership and direction to ISI in enhancing and optimizing athlete performance, coach effectiveness and club development. The Sport Director will be committed to developing and implementing strategies that successfully achieve swimming performance in support of ISI’s vision and mission and in alignment with USA Swimming. The Sport Director will focus on delivering and executing programming with measurable results that demonstrate continuous improvement of overall ISI swimming performance objectives. In this role, the Sport Director will also evolve best practices, efficiently utilize resources, effectively communicate, practice good non-profit governance and enthusiastically promote the sport of swimming.
SPORT DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Sport Director will develop, implement and successfully facilitate programs, services and activities in the following key areas of responsibility:
- Enhance the development and competitive success of ISI athletes.
- Enable educational and programming opportunities that improve athleteperformance.
- Assist the Age Group, Senior, Open Water and Diversity & Inclusion Committees tocollaboratively support:
- Implementation of Quad athlete performance plans and goals.
- Creation of skill-appropriate athlete training programs / camps.
- Help develop and designate roles for each camp.
- Increasing athlete achievements in all age groups and at all levels ofcompetition within ISI and beyond ISI.
- Monitoring athlete results and statistics, comparing to establishedperformance objectives.
Developing and implementing programs that recognize top performing athletes.
- Enhance the development and professional success of ISI coaches.
- Enable educational and programming opportunities that improve coaching skillsand supports professional growth.
- Assist the Coaches Committee to collaboratively support:
- Enhancing athlete training and improve athlete performance;
- Creating coach and staff development programs/clinics;
- Providing coaches with team performance evaluations tools;
- Developing and implementing programs that recognize top performingcoaches.
1. Enhance the development and operating success of ISI clubs.
2. Enable educational and programming opportunities that improve club
organizational effectiveness and build the base.
3. Assist clubs with strategic planning, operational efficiency, parent education and
4. Establish a process for sharing club best practice ideas throughout ISI.
5. Identify and support new pool facility or existing pool facility improvement
opportunities, assisting clubs in participating in these initiatives and connecting
these projects with USA Swimming Facilities Department.
6. Develop and implement programs that recognize top performing clubs.
1. Coordinate ISI Championship Meets.
2. Assist with Athlete Recognition Banquet.
3. Assist committees and task forces in coordinating meetings and communication. 4. Assist in coordinating USA Swimming sponsored programs and activities.
5. Attend all major ISI events.
Board of Directors and Committee Liaison
- Develop and Implement ISI Quad and Annual Performance Plans.
- Provide organizational continuity and conduct orientation on performance goalsand objectives during transition to new BOD members.
- Attend and actively participate in all BOD, HOD and committee meetings:
- Facilitate all discussions relating to performance goals and objectives;
- Report measurable performance outcomes;
- Routinely communicate ongoing activities;
- Assist committees in executing and monitoring all programs to ensureprogress and facilitate communication
- Support business management activities as directed by BOD, including but not limited to, budget development and forecasting, financial reporting and controls, documentation maintenance and website updates.
- Payroll and Accounts Payable Authorization.
Ambassador for ISI and the Sport of Swimming
- Represent and promote ISI identity and performance goals internally tomembership and externally to sponsors, media, at-large civic community and
- Develop and implement Public Relations programs and communication campaignsto publicize ISI programs and athlete achievements.
- Serve as ISI liaison to cultivate relationships with IHSA, University/Collegeprograms, YMCA, pool facilities, etc.
- Align opportunities to participate in and/or support USA Swimming and CentralZone performance programs and services
- Evaluate Shared Services opportunities with other LSC’s.
- Track sponsorships – contract dates, contacts, requirements. Also, delegate out toothers to follow up on possible new sponsors. Work with main contact on closing the deal.
1. Maintain necessary levels of certification with USA Swimming.
2. Extend hospitality to all guests and members of ISI and USA Swimming.
3. Demonstrate openness to ideas, input and direction from the BOD and HOD. 4. Partner with elected and non-elected volunteer board members and work in a
collaborative manner with other staff, committees, task forces and volunteers to
plan and implement performance goals and objectives of ISI.
5. Develop a model for building consensus with the organization.
6. Follow the policies, practices and procedures of ISI and USA Swimming.
7. Communicate in a timely and effective manner, using appropriate methods. 8. Remain current on the use of technology to advance the sport.
SPORT DIRECTOR REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- USA Swimming Non-Athlete Member in good standing (or successful registration prior to employment, including background check approval and completing Athlete Protection training) required, including substance screening.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree or equivalent career experience preferred.
- Knowledge of USA Swimming and competitive swimming required. A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience coaching a USA Swimming/YMCA team required.
- Proven development of athletes to achieve national level performance preferred. Demonstrates a personal commitment to advancing the sport of swimming.
- A disciplined and goal-oriented self-starter with a high level of initiative expected. Proven strong planning, organizational, and time management skills to work efficiently and independently. Capability to understand the business needs and governance oversight of a non-profit USA Swimming organization.
- Demonstrates exceptional verbal and written skills to effectively communicate with athletes, coaches, volunteers, staff and other members. Recognized ability to develop positive professional relationships within an organization and with external contacts. Works well in a collaborative team environment.
- Computer skills required including proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and electronic mail. Utilization of Team Unify, QuickBooks and Social Media preferred.
- Ability to travel locally, regionally and nationally, as necessary. Willing to work evenings and weekends when needs dictate the Sport Director’s presence.
- Professional and Personal References required. SPORT DIRECTOR COMPENSATION:Compensation will be in a range commensurate with experience and record of successful achievement. Benefits package to include health insurance stipend, matching retirement contribution plan and paid vacation.
with Hammerhead Aquatics
Head Coach wanted! Come to South Florida!
Head Coach with Sr. National Level experience wanted starting soon!
Hammerhead Aquatics is a diverse team with over 200 members, both Age Group, Sr, Post Grad and Masters.
We are looking for a head coach to build an Elite program of age group and International swimmers.
We are currently starting to break ground shortly on our own new 50 Meter indoor training facility.
A great job opportunity, for someone who is willing to do the work, and wants a future vested interest in their own program.
Must have minimum 1 year experience with all USA, Fina coaching requirements
Experience with other Aquatic programs a plus!
We are looking for the Coach that inspires, and insists on being your best!
Must be proficient in planning, physiology, and team management softwares
Polyglot or Bilingual persons are a plus, Hammerhead Aquatics is a diverse equal opportunity employer dedicated to excellence through diversity, that does not discriminate on basis on age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation.
Salary commensurate with experience!
This is a wonderful opportunity for someone to build a future in wonderful South Florida!
Come coach with us!
with Boilermaker Aquatics
The purpose of this position is to serve as the head coach of the age group swim team handling administrative duties for the age group team as well as deck coaching and conducting workouts for the age group team, all in support of the mission of Boilermaker Aquatics (BA).
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Age Group Head Coach with administrative duties including but not limited to meet entries, club correspondence, fundraising efforts, awards banquets, event planning and drafting workouts for various groups
- Coordinate and conduct workouts for the age group team and communicate to these groups regarding participation in BA activities.
- Manage administrative duties: Billing, Registration and general club needs.
- Attend all competitions (local & travel)
- Supervise 3-4 assistant age group coaches
- Season planning for age group program (swimming/dryland)
- Assist Head Coach with senior team training
- Maintain all required certifications and remain in good standing with United States Swimming and Indiana Swimming.
Team Work: Able to share credit with coworkers; displays enthusiasm and promote a friendly work environment; works closely with other coaches/groups, as necessary; supports group decisions; displays team spirit.
Relationship Management: Able to develop rapport and positive professional relationships with others; builds and maintains long-term associations based on trust; helps others.
Independent Thinker: Able to think for oneself and offer original thoughts and viewpoints. Willing to express divergent opinions, yet can accept necessary supervision, structure and group decisions.
Energizing Others: Able to exhibit a “can-do” approach and inspires associates to excel; uses competition to encourage others; develops performance standards and confronts negative attitudes; develops team spirit.
Interpersonal: Able to relate effectively to a wide range of people, personalities and demographics; is able to “connect” with others in a variety of circumstances so that people are able to feel a level of comfort and ease around that person.
Continuous Learning: Able to stay informed of current industry or professional trends; learns and applies new concepts and demonstrates career self-reliance; identifies own self-development goals.
Excellent Communication: Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; reads and interprets complex information; talks with swimmers, parents, colleagues; listens well
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 4-6 years of experience in coaching swimming
- 1-2 years of experience as a head age group coach
- USA Swimming certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals will need to sit, stand and walk as needed. The position will require walking primarily on a level surface for long periods throughout the day. This position will be required to work outdoors.
This position typically works 40-50 hours per week. Incumbent will use the following equipment in the course of performing his/her duties: TeamUnify software, Daktronics and Colorado timing systems, dryland equipment.
The duties and responsibilities listed above are intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities and requirements.
with EGRA Waves
Position/Description: Senior Assistant Coach: Works with Senior Head Coach to help create a group that emphasizes team, peak performance and a positive, inclusive culture.
Job duties include:
- The Senior Assistant will work directly with the Senior Head Coach.
- Works with Senior Head Coach to research, design and implement a contemporary Senior program.
- Practice times to include mornings, evenings and some weekends. Approximately 15-20 hours of on-deck coaching.
- Attends all swim meets with Senior swimmers or meets assigned by Senior Head Coach.
- Works with all swimmers and provides daily constructive feedback.
- Uses Mainset for creating practices, maintaining attendance and video of swimmers.
- Assists with meet entry for Senior swimmers.
- Responsible for posting and distributing meet information on the Waves website. This also includes sending in team entries.
- Meets with the Senior Head Coach at a minimum of 1X/week to review training plans.
- Meets with swimmers at the beginning of each season to set goals and is available to meet with parents during conferences and as needed.
- Assists with team hosted events.
- Returns emails/phone calls within 24 hours.
- Helps to document swimming data: dryland, test sets, etc
Compensation: This is a salaried position: $20,000/year.
Includes reimbursement of travel costs and professional development.
Lesson and clinic opportunities available for additional income.
Start Date: April 2019 or sooner if available.
Locations: EGR Community Pool
2211 Lake Drive SE
East Grand Rapids, MI 49506
Requirements: USA Coaching Certification
ASCA level 3 and above preferred
3+ years experience coaching Senior level swimmers with a track
record of performance.
with WESTFIELD AREA YMCA
Westfield Area YMCA-Westfield, NJ
Assistant Director of Competitive Aquatics
The Westfield Area YMCA is looking to hire a dedicated individual to manage and develop our 12 & under swim team program.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 3 years coaching and management experience preferred
- Ability to manage a competitive swim team program of 250+ Age Group swimmers, hire and supervise staff, facilities, equipment, scheduling, and the ability to work closely with the Devilfish Parent Advisory Committee.
- Be a member of USA Swimming (NJ)
- ARC and/or YMCA Lifeguard certification
- BLS for Healthcare Providers and Professional Rescuers (CPR & AED), Basic First Aid, and Emergency Oxygen Administration.
- Principles of Competitive Swimming Certification and Certified Pool Operator must be obtained within one year of hire
- Provide a season overview or macro plan for coaching staff. Develop or assist in the development of a full curriculum for all 12 & under coaches.
- Manage swim clinics, long course and provide individual/small group lessons as needed.
- Oversee Devilfish swim team tryouts including but not limited to scheduling of dates, inquiries, responses post tryouts, etc. Promote and recruit new swimmers for the Westfield Area YMCA swim team.
- Monitor and revise practice schedules & meet schedules with Director of Competitive Aquatics annually.
- Must attend all assigned meets and be on deck for all assigned hours.
- Be available to work mornings, evenings and weekends for practice sessions or swim meets as scheduled.
- Prepare lineups for YMCA Dual Meets. Develop a strong knowledge of the meet manager software and team unify website.
- Assist in the administration function of the team; i.e. team unify related work, emails, phone calls, results, etc.
- Stay within budget guidelines, review monthly expenses, evaluate staff’s performance annually and administer salary increases based on current salary administration plan.
- Assist in the development and administration of the Competitive Aquatics program budget.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and experience working with people of all ages and abilities, and demonstrate a commitment to the Y’s four Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
The minimum salary for this position is $39,000 and will be based on experience, education, certifications and qualifications. We offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes medical/dental/vision/prescription/life and long-term disability insurance, long-term care insurance, 12% retirement, development training, Credit Union, a YPN Membership, YMCA Membership and Service Club Dues.
If you would like to be a part of our team, please send your resume with a cover letter. Your cover letter must include at least one significant accomplishment related to the major responsibilities of this position, salary history/requirements and 3 professional references. All requirements must be submitted to be considered.