Date posted: June 18, 2021
Location: Täby Sim, Attundavägen, Täby, Sweden
with Täby Sim Stockholm Sweden
Täby Sim is looking for a Swimming Coach for the Senior / Junior department!
Täby Sim has 2,500 members and today conducts its main activities in Tibblebadet and during the summer also in Norskogsbadet and Kvarnbadet. Ahead of the long-awaited move of the business to the new swimming pool in Täby, we are investing in our competitive swimming and are now looking for a responsible swimming coach for our SM / JSM Swimmers.
We are looking for someone who want to be part of our journey and who really like working with swimming at a high level.
The Senior / Junior area includes our swimmers 17 years and older who you work with in teams with other competition coaches.
In the role of Senior / junior coach, you become an ambassador and role model in and for Täby Sim. It is important that you, like us, thrive and are motivated by being at the forefront and looking for new paths for development for you and our swimmers. Your main tasks will be:
- Liable swimming coach for our senior and junior swimmers
- You are expected to have ideas and strategies that develop and facilitate learning for our swimmers and other leaders in the coaching team.
- Contribute in guiding and developing the club’s coaching staff
- In consultation with the head coach, annually draw up the business plan and budget.
- Responsibility for planning, implementation, follow-up and administration for our SM/JSM group and DM group.
Education and experience
- You have a strong commitment and great interest in swimming and people
- We are looking for you who have a academic education in sports and / or swimming
- You are interested in swimming, have a very good ability to see the individual and the whole group and can lift each swimmer to their optimal level
- You already have experience of swimming and swimming training nationally, but preferably internationally
- You have had top national results, been happy to develop swimmers in several levels as a whole and have had swimmers from national to international level
- You have a strong commitment and great interest in swimming and people
- You possess high intra- and interpersonal skills
- We believe that you should have experience from association activities
- As a coach you are kind, helpful, caring and like to work in teams.
- If you are an international coach, speak good English and have an interest in learning Swedish within 1-2 years
- You have knowledge and experience of systematic training planning, test methods and users of technical equipment such as video and lactate
- Driving license B is a requirement
- It is a requirement that you can speak and write in both Swedish and English
- Good computer skills and knowledge of Office (word, excel etc.) are necessary to be able to perform the tasks of the day.
Who are we looking for
We are now looking for you who have a burning interest in swimming, to lead and develop our competition swimmers towards their own and the club’s goals, and that you want to be involved and contribute to Täby Sim taking the step to become one of the country’s best swimming clubs also at senior level.
As a trainer in our competition activities, you work with developing, planning, implementing and following up swimmers and the activities. The work takes place in an unpretentious collaboration with the rest of the coaching team and our head coach.
Who are we
Täby Sim is a large club with wonderful swimmers, coaches and many committed parents who are involved in the business, for example around our competitions as officials, riggers, in the secretariat, in the club shop, coaches etc. We are currently 7 people working full time in the office and who are now looking forward to having a new colleague in the important role as the coach for SM / JSM.
The position as SM / JSM coach is 100% permanent employment.
The working hours are when our business is up and running, which largely means evenings and weekends.Täby Sim is affiliated with Arbetsgivaralliansen.
If you think it sounds interesting or if you have questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Club Manager Mats Lennerthson [email protected]
+4676-9431967 or Head Coach Per Edelholm [email protected]se +4672-9425870
Deadline for applications is 11 July, but we meet the applicant for interviews on an ongoing basis and can fill the position earlier. The application is sent to [email protected]
Date posted: June 17, 2021
Location: Waltham, MA, USA
with Crimson Aquatics - Boston branch
Crimson Aquatics – Boston Branch, is seeking an Assistant Coaches for senior and age group to join our established and successful swim team based in Boston, MA. Crimson Aquatics is home to Olympians, National team members, National junior team members, Olympic trial qualifiers, and National champions. We have consistently been recognized as a top 200 clubs in the country by USA Swimming’s Club Excellence Program and are currently a Bronze Medal club. With over 160 swimmers and counting we train out of three facilities: Dexter Southfield School located in Brookline; Brandeis University located in Waltham; and The Boys and Girls Club of Watertown located in Waltham.
We are looking for a time commitment of 10-20 hours. This would include practices and other administrative duties as needed. Candidates must demonstrate a proven aptitude for coaching as illustrated by a strong work ethic, organizational skills, computer skills, and the ability to interact professionally. The successful candidate must work closely with other coaches in carrying out the philosophy and objectives of Crimson Aquatics.
Pay will be commensurate with experience. We also have additional hours available for day swim classes through our partnership with Dexter Southfield School.
- Plan and execute the training for assigned groups under the directions of Head Age Group Coach, Kyle Harris.
- Assist the Head Coach with execution of training for the High-Performance and Senior Groups.
- Other Duties for the coach include, but are not limited to:
- Motivating swimmers of all ages to be great in a positive way
- Helping the Head Age Group Coach develop and implement a seasonal plan for the (including dryland)
- Assisting with other groups as needed
- Administrative duties, such as, meet entry, tracking progress, and email communication with parents
- Attending staff meetings as scheduled
- Attending swim meets as needed
- Attending team functions (banquet, team-building activities)
- Strong understanding of the sport of swimming and the rules and regulations
- A sound understanding of stroke mechanics and training techniques.
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of competitive swim experience
- Communicate effectively and timely with the coaching staff, swimmers and parents as needed
- Must have/demonstrate professionalism, decision making skills, and a willingness to follow directives from the Head Coach, and Head Age Group Coach
- Individual characteristics: positive, energetic, flexible, passionate, team-oriented, etc.
- Must have, or obtain prior to start date, all relevant USA Swimming coach certifications: Adult & Pediatric/Child CPR and AED, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, USA Swimming Background Check, and Athlete Protection Training
- Must have, or be willing to learn, basic working knowledge of Team Unify
- Must have a desire to learn and continue coaching education
- 2+ years of coaching experience
- Preference given to swim experience at a college level
- Experience with Team Manager, Team Unify, and/or HyTex Meet Manager
Date posted: June 17, 2021
Location: NYC, NY, USA
with Freedom Aquatics
Successful Competitive USA Swim Team Seeks Motivated Coach To Grow With Program
Freedom Aquatics is seeking Senior and Age Group coaches with the ability to coach various age group swimmers. We are looking for highly motivated, experienced individuals with a passion for developing young swimmers into high level competitors. Candidates must possess the skills to work well as part of a coaching staff and have the ability to communicate with co-workers, parents and swimmers.
Openings are available at multiple locations including Brooklyn, Staten Island and New Jersey. Practices are held up to 6 days a week. Swim meets are attended approximately once a month. Candidates must possess or attain USA Swimming Coaches certification, Coaches Safety Training, CPR & First Aid and pass USA Swimming background check prior to assuming deck duties.
Date posted: June 16, 2021
Location: Carlsbad, CA, USA
with North Coast Aquatics
North Coast Aquatics is looking to add a senior coach to its staff for the upcoming 2021 short course season. The coach will be working with 50+ senior (high school) swimmers in both a lead and assistant capacity. The position requires availability in the afternoons M-F as well as weekend practices & swim meets (both local and travel).
*The desire to pursue a professional career in coaching and has a passion for developing swimmers of all ages and abilities.
*A great background in teaching stroke mechanics and embraces a sound developmental philosophy that is in line with the NCA Mission Statement and Values.
*Strong administrative skills off the deck as this position will involve every aspect of the senior program. This coach will write workouts and help create the meet schedule both local and regional.
*CPR, First Aid, CST certs and be able to pass the USA Swimming coaches background check.
*A college degree and/or ASCA Level 2-3 is preferred but not required.
North Coast Aquatics is a 400+ member USA club located in north San Diego county. With over 100 high school aged athletes this position will require a full commitment. We are looking for an aspiring coach that is both eager to learn and can bring their own knowledge/experience to our program.
Date posted: June 16, 2021
Location: 1 Trinity Place, San Antonio, TX, USA
with Trinity University
To work in collaboration with the Head Men’s & Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach at Trinity University to develop and implement scouting reports, practice and meet plans, and meet day duties. In addition to on-deck duties, this position will be a vital piece of the year-round program duties of locating and recruiting student athletes that represent the standards of both the university academic requirements, as well as, the competitive swim program standards. Foster a sense of belonging and intentional inclusion.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit academically qualified student athletes. Travel will be involved
- On and off pool deck instruction
- Help prepare and implement practice and meet plans
- Data entry for times and performance metrics
- Manage alumni database in software system
- Assume duties for second assignment in Department of Athletics.
- Weekend Travel for competition, as well as periodic weekend involvement in recruiting events.
- Continuing education courses will also be a requirement
Reports to: Head Men’s & Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach
Given: May have supervision responsibilities over student workers
Minimum of 2 years coaching experience
- College swimming experience
- College swimming coaching experience
- Administrative experience with operating data systems and video equipment.
- Working knowledge of Google Docs, Power Point and Excel
- Experience with Hy-Tek
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
This position will be a 12-month position with weekend work expectations on approximately 18-20 weekends throughout the year as well. Position will require significant travel throughout the year. During this work experience, this position will be required to report to the Head Men’s & Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach and is expected to bring valuable input to the table for practice and meet planning, meet day performance, as well as year-round recruiting and career development expectations. This position will be expected to carry both a heavy on-deck presence while also performing significant office duties consisting of social media, data entry, and report generation.
Date posted: June 15, 2021
Location: Kirkland, WA, USA
with WAVE Aquatics
Head Age Group Coach Kirkland, WA
The mission of Wave Aquatics is to create an environment where excellence is expected every day.
WAVE Aquatics (https://www.teamunify.com/team/wave/page/home) was formed in 1987 when Northshore, Redmond, and Totem Lake swim teams merged in order to provide more opportunity and a stronger foundation for swimmers in the Lake Washington and Northshore school district areas.
The team has grown in scope since its inception and is now a non-profit organization that:
- Operates a competitive swim team for kids age 5 and up
- Operates a masters (adult) swim team and adult triathlon training group
- Manages the Juanita Aquatic Center on behalf of the Lake Washington School District
- Manages the Redmond Aquatic Center on behalf of the City of Redmond
- Offers a terrific learn to swim program at both the Juanita and Redmond Aquatic Centers
Wave Aquatics is led by the coaching staff and the Executive Board of Directors. We are affiliated with USA Swimming (USA-S) Pacific Northwest Swimming (PNS) and the Greater Seattle Swimming Association (GSSA).
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Wave Aquatics Swim Team is looking for a Head Age Group coach to work with the Head Coaches, Senior Coaches, and other Lead Coaches to develop structure and direction of the Age Group program, including training blocks, team building, and dryland. WAVE currently has 25-30 swimmers in the group directly coached by the hired individual and 200+ swimmers in the age group program. The Head Age Group Coach reports directly to the Head Coach of WAVE Aquatics. The ideal candidate is interested in challenging athletes to take charge of their success in and out of the pool.
Other job responsibilities include:
- Oversee the development of a diverse and competitive Age Group Program in coordination with the rest of the coaching staff.
- Support a healthy learning environment where swimmers and coaches of different background can excel.
- Enhance the athlete-first culture among swimmers, parents, and staff
- Assist in staff enhancement to support the team’s mission to expect excellence daily.
- Attend swim team events including meets (1-2 per month), team building events, coach/staff meetings (1-2 weekly), and fundraising events.
- Continue to find avenues to grow/learn as a coach and leader.
- Establish and support healthy relations with swim team parents, including educating with them on the WAVE Way.
- Maintain all coach and safety certifications
- Any other responsibilities or administrative work assigned from the Head Coach
Qualifications & Preferences:
Candidates of diverse identities and backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply
- Demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Preferred minimum 3 years coaching experience, with preference on leadership roles.
- Member in good standing with current LSC & USA Swimming
- USA Swimming Deck Pass credentials
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred, not required)
Date posted: June 15, 2021
Location: Greencastle, IN, USA
with DePauw Unviersity
The part-time assistant coach for Swimming and Diving is responsible for assisting the head Swimming and Diving coach in implementing and directing all phases of a competitive NCAA Division III Swimming and Diving program at DePauw University. This includes recruiting quality student-athletes, organizing and planning practices and game strategies, scouting, coaching, scheduling, budgeting and planning team travel in compliance with University, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
Date posted: June 15, 2021
Location: Greencastle, IN, USA
with DePauw Unviersity
The part-time assistant coach for Women’s Swimming and Diving is responsible for assisting the head Women’s Swimming and Diving coach in implementing and directing all phases of a competitive NCAA Division III Women’s Swimming and Diving program at DePauw University. This includes recruiting quality student-athletes, organizing and planning practices and game strategies, scouting, coaching, scheduling, budgeting and planning team travel in compliance with University, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
Date posted: June 15, 2021
Location: Deptford, NJ, USA
with Greater Philadelphia Aquatic Club
The Greater Philadelphia Aquatic Club is a coach-owned program in Southern New Jersey. Our team consists of 275 full-time swimmers, an additional 50 part-time swimmers, and a swim lesson program. Our home pool is an indoor, eight lane 50 meter by 25 yards with 23 lanes available for short course training. The team is traditionally one of the top programs in the Middle Atlantic LSC, both at the age group and senior team levels and has developed National and Junior National Champions as well as many junior national, national, and Olympic Trial qualifiers. Our core values are community, instruction, and excellence.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, organized, and professional swim coach to serve as both the assistant for our National group and Head Coach of one of our top age group practice groups. The right person possesses strong communication skills, is knowledgeable of the TeamUnify platform, and knows how to write a workout and season plan for the 11-14 age groups. This position will include administrative duties outside of those required for the head coach of a practice group.
- Head coach for our Gold 2 group (11-14 years old) six practices per week, 11.5 months out of the year.
- Assistant coach for our National group (high school ages) 6-8 practices per week, 11.5 months out of the year.
- Attend 1-2 swim meets a month (both local and travel) as assigned by the head coach.
- Oversee athlete progression and contribute to upward trajectory of athletes through all levels of the program.
- Perform administrative duties (8-10 hours per week) including scheduling of staff, assisting head coach in oversight and mentoring of staff, parent communication, and oversight of the team’s various social media accounts. Other administrative duties to be assigned.
- Participate and engage in program season and future planning exercises.
- Oversight and management of one major fundraising activity per year.
- 4+ years of USA Swimming team coaching leading high level age group (11+ year olds) or senior level swimmers.
- Currently credentialed USA Swimming coach (all current USA Swimming coach member requirements either fulfilled or able to be immediately re-certified).
- Proven ability to foster an environment of inclusion and excellence in swimming through dryland, in-water practices, other team activities, and competitions.
- Understands proper technique, stroke development, and advanced aerobic training for age group and senior swimmers.
- An interest in continuing education. We are looking for a coach who is continually striving to gain more knowledge, be curious, and share this knowledge with the swimmers and fellow staff members.
Additional Qualifications (not required by highly sought):
- Knowledge of Meet Manager platform
- Previous experience as a swim meet Operational Risk (Safety) Director
- Previous experience as a staff member for an LSC Zone team or camp
Minimum Salary – $45,000
Benefits include medical insurance (reimbursement), paid time off, meet travel expenses covered or reimbursed, paid professional development (clinic/conference attendance), and a small stipend for relocation expense (if necessary).
There is also the opportunity to make significant additional income through swim lessons and clinics.
Date posted: June 15, 2021
Location: Campbell, CA, USA
SwimOutlet has grown to become the largest competitive swim retailer and team dealer in the United States. We offer the largest assortment of products, superior customer service and best quality available. We are a team of swimmers and we love swimming.
We are looking for Team Sales Representatives in the Southwest Region including Texas, to manage and grow our team business. This is a 100% remote role that requires travel to events, meetings and facilities in and outside of a designated territory.
Southwest Regional Team Sales Representative
Remote – Travel Required | SwimOutlet | Reports to the Team Sales Manager
What You Will Do
- Grow client base by performing outreach to potential customers via phone and email, and “on deck” visits
- Service existing teams in your territory
- Provide prompt and exceptional customer service via phone, email, or in person
- Address problems and recommend solutions to meet and exceed the expectations of team accounts
- Collaborate with other Team Division colleagues, vendors and related departments
- Maintain reasonable business hours and be able to routinely travel to the assigned sales territory
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere that strengthens the team
- Perform other duties and projects assigned
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
Who You Are
- A results driven self-directed sales professional with 2+ years or more of B2B sales experience
- A strategic planner with the ability to drill down, manage and accomplish tasks and goals
- Able to thrive in a growing, small business environment with an ability to think outside of the box and creatively problem solve
- Comfortable in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Enthusiastic with a positive demeanor and the ability to communicate effectively with customers, teams, athletes and colleagues
- Excellent at building business relationships
- Customer focused
- Able to coordinate a variety of activities and prioritize work to meet deadlines and grow the business
- Knowledgeable and experienced athlete, coach or vendor in aquatic sports, preferably competitive swimming
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of B2B sales experience
- Know your way around Salesforce or similar CRM software
- Comfortable working in both Google Workspace and Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Valid driver license and ability to travel locally with occasional national travel
Our Sales Representatives Enjoy
- Competitive compensation: salary + commission + bonus opportunity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- 401k plan with company matching
- Discounts on SwimOutlet.com
- Comprehensive sales management training
- Flexible Time Off Plan
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
SwimOutlet provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.-
Date posted: June 14, 2021
Location: University of Iowa
with University of Iowa
Head Coach, IFLY Swim Club (21002931)
Recreation Services at the University of Iowa is seeking application for the Head Coach of the Iowa Flyers Swim Club Program (IFLY). This position holds primary responsibility for the operation and administration of the IFLY Swim Club, including overseeing the full time Assistant Coaches and part time coaches. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing and/or coordinating on-deck coaching and supervision to all Iowa Flyers Swim Club participants during practice sessions and competitions.
- Conducting timely, organized, and well-planned workouts that utilize a variety of coordinated training principles in order to maximize athlete development.
- Coordinate the meet entry process and results distribution for all events in which the IFLY Swim Club participates.
- Coordinating and scheduling all swim club activity with the Associate Director for Aquatics.
- Developing and implementing swim club participation and volunteer policies and procedures for athletes and parents.
- Promoting the values of teamwork, self-discipline, dedication, work-ethic, sportsmanship, and time management with all club participants and coaches, and representing the IFLY Swim Club in state and national governing bodies for the sport of swimming.
This position will also assist in the operation of Recreational Services Aquatic facilities, programs, and special events.
For a detailed job description, please email Melanie Bell at [email protected].
About Iowa Flyers Swim Club (IFLY):
The Iowa Flyers Swim Club (IFLY) is a registered USA Swimming member swim club operated by University of Iowa Recreational Services. The club is a competitive age-group swim club open to University of Iowa members and the general public which offers participation levels from developmental through Maters swimming. The club is part of a comprehensive aquatics program offered by Recreational Services. The mission of the Iowa Flyers Swim Club is to provide exceptional competitive and recreational opportunities in the sport of swimming to the University of Iowa students, faculty, and staff, as well as to the general community. IFLY is determined to provide its members a fun, positive, and successful experience through quality coaching and instruction and the use of state-of-the-art facilities. The Iowa Flyers practice in the University of Iowa Campus Recreation and Wellness Center (CRWC) and the University of Iowa Field House.
About Recreational Services:
The Department of Recreational Services is an integral part of the Hawkeye tradition. Part of the Division of Student Life, the department promotes and coordinates campus-wide competitive and recreational activities. Recreational services works to provide a diverse recreational experience that encourages active lifestyles for the University of Iowa community. The department’s goal is to support the academic mission of the university while contributing to the holistic development of each individual.
About the Division of Student Life:
The Division of Student Life is comprised of staff that embrace new ideas and thoughts, works together to keep our students safe, and provides them with life-changing experiences. The Division of Student Life includes 15 departments that span from Recreation Services to the Office of Leadership, Service and Civic Engagement and everything in between. We believe in working together as one team to achieve our mission: fostering student success by creating and promoting inclusive educationally purposeful services and activities within and beyond the classroom. One of our division priorities is to advance UI’s goals to recruit and retain U.S. racial/ethnic minority (URM) staff and students.
- Master’s degree in Physical Education, Recreation Administration, Sports Management, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Current USA Swimming coach registration.
- Current CPR, First Aid, and Safety Training for Swim Coaches certifications as deemed acceptable by USA Swimming for coaches safety certification required upon hire.
- Coaching experience (typically 1 – 3 years) with competitive swimmers of multiple age groups and ability levels in a USA Swimming (or international equivalent), YMCA, high school, or collegiate environment.
- Commitment to and alignment with the values of the Division of Student Life, including a demonstrated commitment to excellence through anti-oppression, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and travel.
- American Red Cross CPR/AED/Lifeguarding certification required within 3 months of hire.
- Willingness to obtain American Red Cross Lifeguarding Instructor (LGI) within 6 months of hire.
- Advanced coaching experience (typically 3 years or more) with competitive swimmers of multiple age groups and ability levels in a USA Swimming setting.
- Experience (typically 6 months or more) with swim club administration including budgeting, supervision, team travel, scheduling, policy development, and other responsibilities related to swim club management.
- Experience (typically 6 months or more) in aquatic facility management.
- American Swim Coaches Association (ASCA) Level 3 or higher certification.
- Knowledge of or experience with structured dryland strength/conditioning programs.
- Experience using Team Unify swimming team management program.
- Experience using Hy-Tek Team Manager and Meet Manager.
Date posted: June 14, 2021
Location: Robert F. Busbey Natatorium, Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH, USA
with Cleveland State University
Assist the head/assistant coaches in daily operations of swimming and diving program including but not limited to team travel, equipment, fundraising, and alumni communication.
Assist in all on deck/competition coaching as assigned by head/assistant coach
Willingness to take on special projects in coordination with the Athletic Department including managing social media accounts for official team handles, coordinating with marketing team, and assisting sport information director in content for press releases and alumni communications. Other possible special projects include: assisting and coordinating fundraising/alumni social events, coordinating/managing swim lesson/swim clinics as fundraisers for the program.
Adhere to all NCAA/Horizon League Rules and Regulations.
Work within the framework of the CSU department of athletics and administration and coaches.
Communicate effectively with students, faculty, administration, staff, and alumni.
Date posted: June 14, 2021
Location: 600 West Walnut Street, Danville, KY, USA
with Centre College
Title: Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach
Work Schedule: Travel as necessary for games and recruiting
Department: Athletics & Recreation Updated: 06/21
Characteristics of the Class:
Under supervision of the Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach, provide assistance in the leadership of appropriate coaching, recruiting, and administrative duties for nationally competitive Division III swimming and diving programs. Individual reports to the Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach as well as to the Deputy AD (or designee) with a secondary duty to be assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in organizing, preparing and conducting practices, trainings, and competition;
- Recruit student-athletes in accordance with all Centre College, Southern Athletic Association, and NCAA rules and regulations;
- Assist in directing appropriate aspects of the team;
- Assist with the holistic development of swimming and diving student-athletes;
- Represent the program and the College to students, parents, alumni, and the general public;
- Assist in managing the daily operations and administration facets of the swimming and diving program;
- Actively participate in department-wide initiatives;
- Contribute to the overall success of the program and the department by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Head Coach, Director of Athletics, or designee;
- Appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of many social, economic, cultural, ideological, racial, and ethnic backgrounds;
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree with previous collegiate experience as a player or a coach; previous collegiate coaching experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
Demonstrated knowledge of the sport of swimming and diving and its rules; ability to foster a team environment; demonstrated coaching skills in sport of swimming and diving; knowledge of travel, planning, and scheduling; a commitment to the NCAA Division III philosophy of athletics, sufficient knowledge of NCAA and SAA rules and regulations, and a demonstrated ability to successfully recruit, retain, and mentor student-athletes; the ability, and desire, to work successfully within a team-oriented athletic department.
Moderate physical activity. Required handling of average – weight objects up to 25 pounds.
Date posted: June 14, 2021
Location: 5050 Ridgedale Parkway, Richmond, VA, USA
SwimRVA is looking for a dynamic Head Age Group Coach to lead our growing age group and developmental program. The SwimRVA Rapids are a fast-growing competitive program with over 450 swimmers in Richmond, Virginia. The Head Age Group coach will oversee three levels of the program consisting of over 200 swimmers and 4-8 full and part time assistant coaches. The right coach is one of high energy, great leadership acumen and adaptability as we add a developmental site to the age group program next year.
SwimRVA understands that our coaches are at the forefront of our business. We invest in developing each associate to their full potential and career goals with professional development opportunities and continued learning. We are looking for energetic coaches who want an opportunity to expand their knowledge and engage with a rapidly expanding team.
The mission of SwimRVA is to elevate swimming in the Richmond region making water safety and aquatic fitness more accessible to all.
Richmond, Virginia is also one of the coolest places to live! Right here in the Richmond region, a creative culture has popped up through the cobblestones. Here, murals cover the walls of local restaurants and shops. We have charming neighborhoods like the Fan District, which was named one of The South’s Best Neighborhoods by Southern Living. Major art museums draw national attention. Artisans share their talents in shops and markets. Food is an art here, too. In fact, National Geographic put us on their list of the world’s – yep, the world’s- “top 10 places to travel for food.” Running through it all: the James River. You can whitewater raft through downtown on its class III and class IV rapids. Bike the Virginia Capital Trail alongside the James. Or, just hang out on the river rocks with your dog. We’re a place of stories, with 300+ historic markers to prove it. A place of architectural eye candy. A place of where you can drive from one great experience to another, and it’s within a day of most of the east coast.
Come and grow with us at SwimRVA and enjoy the playground we call RICHMOND!
- 3+ years as a head coach or assistant coach
- Current USA Swimming Coach Certification
- ASCA Level 3 or higher
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Supervisor or management experience preferred
Ideal Candidates would also have:
- Desire to continue growth and education in the sport
- Ability to work with all age groups
- Ability to train and develop assistant coaches
- Capacity to work within the LSC in leadership roles
- Report to the Head Coach.
- Lead coach for one of three levels of the age group program. Oversee two.
- Lead and manage an age group/developmental staff of 4-8 full and part time coaches
- Create practice schedules, meet schedules, explain issues and concerns.
- Ensure the direction of age group program is consistent with the goals of the team and mission of SwimRVA
- Participate in travel/swim meets as required
- Foster strong communication with parents, coaches, athletes and administrators
- Plan and implement team-building and social functions
Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter, references and other documentation via email to Executive Director, Adam Kennedy: [email protected].
Date posted: June 12, 2021
Location: 564 South Avenue, New Canaan, CT, USA
with New Canaan YMCA Caimans
Associate Competitive Swim Director
Full Time Exempt- With Benefits
YMCA, New Canaan, CT, US
Salary Range: $42,000.00 To $53,000.00 Annually
Under the direction of the Competitive Swimming Director, the Associate Director is an assistant coach who can work with all levels of the competitive swim program but will have the ability to lead specific groups as deemed appropriate by the Director of Competitive Swimming. The Associate Director is responsible to be the leader of the team when the Director of Competitive Swimming is not available. Working with the Director of Competitive Swimming the Associate Director will oversee supervising assistant coaches and volunteers. The Associate Director is also responsible for maintaining a high level of communication with fellow coaches, other competitive coaches here at the YMCA, swim team parents, USA Swimming and CT Swimming Coaches, and all YMCA directors and staff. The Associate Director will also be responsible for office work and other responsibilities including but not limited to attending monthly YMCA director meetings, planning events (competitive and social), completing swim meet entries, seasonal scheduling, planning program capacities, and budget responsibilities. The Associate Director must be able to answer questions pertaining to all levels of the swim team and other areas of the YMCA, assist with the setup, operation, and take down of all home meets, as well as assist the Director of Competitive Swimming in areas related to the swim team as needed.
Previous competitive coaching experience/participation is required, as well as strong administrative, organizational, and computer skills. Knowledge of Hy-Tek swimming software as well as operation of the Colorado Timing System is preferred. Certifications in the following safety areas: CPR for the Professional Rescuer/AED, Lifeguard Training or Safety Training for the Swim Coaches, and First Aid. Must have or be able to complete a USA Swimming background check as well as complete USA Swimming Course work in athlete protection, coach advantage tutorial and concussion training. Minimum ASCA level two certification recommended. Other certifications: YMCA Principles of Competitive Swimming and Diving and USA Swimming Foundations of Coaching.
- Organize, oversee and run practices for all training groups.
- Be able to be both the lead coach as well as an assistant coach for all practice groups.
- Attend scheduled coach’s and YMCA Staff meetings.
- Report to the Director of Competitive Swimming on matters relating to the Competitive Swim Program (i.e.assistant coaches, practice schedules, team development, etc.)
- Responsible for all Age Group Meet Entries
- Posting fees as it relates to Team Unify.
- Assist in meet entry preparation and distribution of entries in a timely manner.
- Help set up, operate, run and take down home swim meets.
- Attend meets assigned by the Director of Competitive Swimming especially all sessions of championship meet.
- Assist other coaches as needed.
- Assist all practice groups including senior levels and masters, as needed.
- Reply to phone messages and e-mails in a timely manner (next day or ASAP).
- Develop and assist with the distribution of the monthly newsletter.
- Develop and assist with creating individual progressions to help with placement of swimmers in respective groups.
- Help plan and coordinate monthly parent meetings.
- Assist in website development (photos, meet announcements, team information, etc.)
- Keep all required certifications up to date (CPR, Coaches Safety Training, First Aid, Lifeguarding, USA Swimming Child Protection and USA Swimming Background Check)
- Correspond daily and weekly on matters pertaining swim team.
- Continue personal education related to the sport of swimming.
- Attend Coaching Clinics
- Attend online coaching clinics offered by USA Swimming and ASCA.
- Attend the YMCA National Championships (Short and Long Course), as well as any other travel meet where two coaches are needed, and the event requires an extended overnight stay.
- Assist Director of Competitive Swimming in developing and maintaining team vision, plan and overall budget.
- Assist in the supervision and evaluation of part-time coaches.
- Attend all professional staff meetings to keep informed of all activities at the YMCA.
- Assist in all YMCA activities and special events, as needed, to ensure their success.
- Perform other duties as designated by the supervisor.
- Job Description may be changed at any time by supervisor.
- Sufficient Strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position, and to supervise program activities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, and talk.
- The employee may occasionally need to exercise these physical labor demands of light work, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally.
- While performing the duties of this job, this individual may occasionally be exposed to outdoor weather conditions, wet and/or humid environments, moderate/ extreme noise. The practice schedule may include early mornings and late evenings. The meet schedule may include weekends.
EFFECT ON END RESULT
Assist in organizing, promoting, and developing an efficient and effective swim team program to encourage enjoyable youth participation and retention.