Date posted: January 23, 2021
Location: 298 Mountaire Circle, Clayton, California, USA
with Dana Hills Swim Team
Purpose of Job: Provide coaching to all swim team members during practice sessions and at dual and invitational swim meets
Reports To: Head Coach
- Provide technical swimming instruction to swimmers ages 4 through 18 at daily practices and at swim meets.
- Maintain an environment that is safe and supportive for swimmers; ensure safe swimmer-to-coach ratios are maintained during practices and at swim meets.
- Ensure Dana Hills pool water is routinely tested (each hour) during practices and at home swim meets and appropriate chemical levels are maintained. Contact a DHST board member or the Dana Hills Homeowners Association swimming pool supervisor with any problems.
- Assist the Head Coach with the scheduling of team swim meets and with practice preparation.
- Adhere to weekly training plans for the swimmers prepared by the Head Coach or their designate (these plans will be reviewed and communicated by the Head Coach during the weekly coaches’ meetings by the Head Coach).
- As directed by the Head Coach, ensure that all meets for the assigned age group are appropriately seeded and that all paperwork is completed accurately and timely.
- Attend all team functions, as deemed necessary and appropriate by the Head Coach.
- Assist the Head Coach in fostering a positive and professional atmosphere among the coaching staff.
- Support and help administer the DHST Board approved swimmer recognition program to encourage individual goals and self-improvement.
- Maintain CPR and First-Aid Certifications (if already qualified)- preferred
- Participate in selection process of swimmer recognition programs, including attendance at DHST social events, post invitational awards presentations and full team Spirit Night- individual schedule permitting.
- Review and maintain knowledge (including updates) of DHST Code of Conduct, Coaches Conduct and DHST Handbook, along with website postings throughout the season.
- Act in such a way as to reflect the position of respect, authority, integrity and good sportsmanship at all times.
- Other duties as required and mutually agreed upon between Head Coach and Assistant Coach.
Date posted: January 22, 2021
Location: 300 Chaffee Rd, Oconomowoc, WI 53066, USA
with A3 Performance
A3 Performance is the fastest-growing brand of performance swimwear in America. As an Innovator and Leader in product development, A3 Performance is now taking an innovative approach to brand growth and distribution.
This is where you come in. If you are entrepreneurial in nature and have dreamed of starting your own business, if you want to work in the sport of swimming and have the same drive as an aspiring athlete, an A3 Agent may be your calling.
An A3 Performance Agent is an independent business functioning as a marketing, sales, and service representative of A3 Performance. Enjoy the freedom of owning your own business and the support of the fastest-growing swimwear brand in America!
Date posted: January 22, 2021
Location: 19 Doubling Road, Greenwich, CT, USA
with Greenwich Country Club
Aquatics Facilities Director
Related Titles: Swimming Pool Director; Swim Center Manager; Director of Aquatics; Aquatics Director; Director of Youth and Aquatics
Reports to: Position is self-supportive, however the General Manager will directly oversee member related concerns at the pool. The Aquatics Director will also collaborate with the Seasonal Chair (Pool, Swim and Camp Committees) in determining the priorities of the Club’s aquatic programs.
Supervises: Swimming Instructor; Lifeguard;
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Physical Education, Recreation Management or Health Sciences
- Maintains all proper certifications and training for self and pool staff.
- Three years of experience as an Assistant Pool Manager at a club of comparable size and stature.
- Competitive swimming experience as either a coach or athlete preferred but not essential.
- Lifeguard training and experience teaching swim lesson required.
- Private club experience preferred.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Broad knowledge and experience in pool chemistry, operations and management.
- Monitors and coordinates pool safety programs and risk management.
- Employs only those methods and teaching techniques outlined and approved by the American Red Cross, StarGuard or equivalent.
- Thoroughly understands specific state and local laws and statutes regarding pool safety and inspections.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform personal role in emergency situations.
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Responsible for the entire pool operation, including the safe and effective use of chemicals, Supervise safe, clean, well-maintained and appealing club swimming facilities.
- Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates staff.
- Performs all end of season exit interviews
- Formulates weekly work schedules and rotation schedules for all pool employees.
- Maintains proper chemical balance in pools and maintains mechanical equipment in coordination with the club’s maintenance department.
- Maintains correct payroll records.
- Registers members at pool and charges for all guests, lessons, etc.
- Provides necessary orientation and training for pool staff.
- Enforces club rules of safety and conduct.
- Assists in rendering First Aid according to the standards established by the American Red Cross and American Heart Association or equivalent
- Plans and directs special events.
- Represents the club in activities as required.
- Develops annual operating and labor budget to be approved by the General Manager; takes corrective actions as necessary to assure that budget goals are attained.
- Maintains and keeps all necessary records concerning pool attendance, pool chemicals, accident reports, problem-member reports, lifeguard and instructor schedules, etc.
- Develops and implements pool safety program and schedules staff to provide adequate protection for members and their guests.
- Assists in pool opening and closing at the beginning and end of season.
- Provides aquatics-related information for club newsletter.
- Manages pool area, including lockers and changing rooms for cleanliness and lost and found articles.
- Maintains presence during special pool events.
- Operates pool and surrounding area in compliance with OSHA requirements; maintains all necessary MSDSs.
- Attends and participates in Aquatics Committee meetings.
- Performs other appropriate tasks assigned by the General Manager
- Maintains facility by reporting needs to the engineer and ensuring facilities are optimal and presentable
Licenses and Special Requirements
- Must have current Red Cross Lifeguard Certificate or equivalent.
- Red Cross progressive Swimming Instructor Certificate Desirable.
- American Red Cross Basic First Aid required, training on AED units and possession of a current Red Cross CPR card.
- Pool Operator certification (if required by state or local jurisdiction).
- Certified Pool/Spa Operator (CPO) offered by the National Swimming Pool Foundation desirable.
- The Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) offered by the National Recreation and Park Association.
- Lifeguard certification offered by the American Red Cross strongly recommended.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Working conditions are often, hot, humid, slippery and wet.
- Able to work in a busy, noisy environment.
- Able to tolerate the smell of chlorine and frequent exposure to cleaning agents.
- Able to meet and perform the physical requirements and to work effectively in an environment, which is typical of this position.
- Frequent lifting, bending, climbing, stooping and pulling.
- Frequent repetitive motions.
- Continuous standing and walking.
Date posted: January 21, 2021
Location: 2391 S Ridge Rd, Green Bay, WI, USA
with Ashwaubenon Swim Club
The Ashwaubenon Swim Club (ASC) is a non-profit association focused on competitive and recreational swimming for swimmers of ages 6-18+ years and co-sponsored with the Ashwaubenon Park and Recreation Department. We are expecting our head coach to develop leaders and accomplished swimmers in a team environment through a commitment to swimmer evaluation, goal development and sound swimming technique, while challenging athletes with endurance and physical fitness associated with competitive swimming.
- Be approachable, visible and communicate openly with all club members and swim team families.
- Bring an enthusiastic and energetic approach to each and every practice and swim meet. Focus on swimmer development which rewards effort and commitment as well as results.
- Develop strong relationships with all swimmers on the team, board members, assistant coaches, high school coaches and Park & Rec personnel.
- Facilitate and run daily and weekend practices, including dryland activities, with the help of assistant coaches as pool and facility time allows.
- Design and oversee training plans for all training groups and develop methods to track swimmers’ progress throughout the season. Set goals with swimmers and monitor phases of individual swimmer development including but not limited to stroke technique, starts and turns, and interval timing.
- Schedule, organize, and facilitate each season’s home and away meet schedule consistent with the needs of the team, individual training groups, athletes and their families.
- Assist with the preparation, operation and clean-up of practices, home swim meets, and team functions in our state-of-the-art facility that we call home.
- Support and exemplify USA Swimming’s Safe Sport initiative.
- Keep current with research in aquatics related areas and actively participate in the Wisconsin Swimming House of Delegates quarterly meetings.
- Hours will vary based on practice and meet times
- Demonstrated leadership, mentoring skills, and the ability to work as part of a team.
- General swim knowledge and competitive swim coaching experience.
- Must be certified USA Swimming Coach
- Current Lifeguard and First Aid/CPR certificates (or ability to obtain)
- Familiarity or willingness to learn Team Unify and Meet Manager software
Date posted: January 21, 2021
Location: Marietta, GA, USA
with Stingrays Swimming
The Age Group Swim Coach’s responsibilities include coaching varying degrees of groups
- Implement, and oversee the Stingrays Athlete parameters to meet the goals of our program.
- Coach specific training groups (assigned by Head Coach) on a daily basis and other groups on a temporary basis as may be required to maintain the continuity of the training groups.
- Reporting directly to Head Coach on all matters concerning all swim programs, staff and parent concerns, and other projects assigned at staff meetings
- Being responsible for the behavior, discipline, and actions of athletes & staff during practice, competitions, and other team activities.
- Supervise staff at the location. Oversee their training programs
- Assist the Head Coach with the day-to-day operation of the Stingray program.
- Abiding by the team policies and the staff handbook.
- Responsible for the daily upkeep of the facility, as needed and demanded by CCAC.
- Acting as lead liaison with facility management
- Oversee all locations programming
Date posted: January 19, 2021
Location: 1 YMCA Drive, Hannibal, MO, USA
with YMCA of Hannibal
The YMCA of Hannibal is seeking a full-time Head Swim Coach. The ideal candidate would have a proven track record of successfully coaching participants in a wide variety of age and ability ranges. The Hannibal Hurricane’s Swim Team has both competitive and recreational swimmers and has a focus of welcoming all types of swimmers. Job Summary and Responsibilities are listed below:
The Head Swim Coach is responsible for providing leadership, organization and motivation to both swimmers and
coaching staff in a competitive swimming environment. Creating a safe, positive atmosphere where youth
development, active living in accordance with the YMCA standards are the focus.
Head Swim Coach General Responsibilities:
Plan, prepare and conduct team practices. Have knowledge of proper swimming skills and be able to communicate these clearly to swimmers Demonstrates sportsmanship and the YMCA core values (respect, honestly, caring & responsibility) and works
for these traits in swimmers. Hire and work with assistant coaches to develop and administer appropriate individual and team wide goals for
all swimmers in the HHST Swim Team. Be proficient in creating work outs for all age groups and skill levels Train and develop assistant coaches to ensure continuity in athlete development on a regular basis. Actively participate in and work with the Heartland Area, River Country, and Ozark swim leagues in order to
assure team participation in all available swim meets, invitational meets and championships meets Attend scheduled Practices and Swim Meets Prepare meet entries and provide on deck coaching at all age group meets. Maintain accurate records of attendance and training. Plan and monitor incentive program for swimmers.
Establish group guidelines for swimmers and evaluate athletes periodically and make recommendations for
progression through the program. Work closely with Aquatics Director in coordinating pool needs; practice times, meets, etc. Using the programing software DAXKO maintaining monthly enrollment & payments & reports. Structures a dryland program for all swim groups and works closely with Wellness Director in coordinating dry
land sessions. Perform various administrative duties, including communication with parents via email, phone, bulletin board,
mailbox system and team website and social media. Coordinate parent volunteer responsibilities in the areas of; home and away swim meets (timers/recorders,
officials, score keepers, and runners), swim team fundraising, and working with any parent volunteer leaders. Be proficient with Hytek (meet manager and team manager), On Deck, and Colorado Timing System. Maintain
routine maintenance of CTS Maintain required certifications for YMCA and USA Swimming by attending recertification (see recertification
contract) Interact positively with swimmers, parents, co-workers and the general public.
Skills, Education, and Experience:
Certified Lifeguard, Principles of Aquatic Leadership, Swim Instructor certified preferred USA swimming coach certification Minimum 2-year experience as a swim instructor or swim coach. College Degree preferred
Swimming, speaking, hearing, seeing, reading, writing, typing, lifting, walking, standing
The Head Swim Team Coach will work in both an office setting with use of computer and other office equipment to
perform job functions, as well as performing on the pool deck and other areas of the Aquatics Center.
Date posted: January 19, 2021
Location: 130 East Ave Lewiston, ME 04240
with YWCA Central Maine
YWCA Central Maine is searching for a highly qualified individual to fill the full-time position of Aquatics Director. This full-time benefit eligible position works a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the facility and programs. Hours are Monday-Friday with nights and weekends based on scheduling needs. The Aquatic Director is responsible for the design, compliance, and oversight of the aquatics programming content, daily operations, pool equipment, and supervision. The Aquatic Director is responsible for the overall success and safety of the YWCA Aquatic Department activities. The Aquatic Director reports to the Executive Director with close communication with all Aquatics staff. The Aquatic Director is responsible for responding to occasional on call needs of the building and program, maintaining the cleanliness of the pool area for the health and safety of patrons and staff including: leading/co-leading department team meetings with Assistant Aquatics Director and trainings for aquatics staff. The Aquatic Director directly oversees the Assistant Aquatics Director. The position is located in Lewiston
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Recreation Management, Physical Education, or other related field preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required.
American Red Cross Certified Lifeguard with CPR for the Professional Rescuer (Lifeguard Instructor certification preferred)
Certified Pool Operator (will offer training for certification)
Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a lifeguard
Experience with supervising staff and or Lifeguards.
Experience with pool chemicals or willing to be trained
Experience in teaching swim lessons, water fitness, or other aquatics activities
YWCA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry or national origin, color, sex, immigration status, age, religion, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Date posted: January 18, 2021
Location: 23 Romoda Drive, Canton, New York, USA
with St. Lawrence University
St. Lawrence University is currently seeking applicants for a Graduate Assistant Coach for Men’s & Women’s Swimming.
Responsibilities include: implementing a seasonal plan with the Head Coach; strength and conditioning; scouting and recruiting; coaching the St. Lawrence University swimmers during meets, and administrative tasks as assigned by the Head Coach.
Bachelor’s degree is required. Strong oral and written communication skills are necessary. A valid driver’s license and ability to meet the requirements to drive University vehicles required. Collegiate swimming and/or coaching experience preferred.
Date posted: January 15, 2021
Location: South Pavilion Center Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89144, USA
with Las Vegas Swim Club
Position: Senior Coach
Club: Las Vegas Swim Club (Member of Southern California Swimming LSC)
Location: Pavilion Center Pool, Las Vegas (Summerlin Area), NV
Job Type: Part Time
Las Vegas Swim Club (LVSC) is seeking an experienced Senior level coach to lead our Platinum Group. The Platinum Group consists of experienced and committed high school aged athletes on the State to Junior Olympic (JO) Level. Many of these athletes will look to continue to our National Group and swim collegiately. LVSC promotes respect, hard work, and dedication, but in a family-like atmosphere. Candidates should be excited to promote the values of our Mission Statement (bottom).
- Five 2hr practices per week (after school and Saturdays); additional AM training over the Summer
- Average of one meet weekend per month
- Travel meets once per season (short course and long course)
- Possibility for additional dryland and/or shifts with other groups
- Coach is responsible for season plan, workout writing, and meet entries for the group
- Communication with athletes and group parents is essential
- USA Swimming Coach in good standing
- Must pass background check
- 2-4+ years of experience working with High School aged athletes and/or teaching at the High School level
- Strong technical knowledge of swimming
- Strong knowledge of Senior level training in all strokes and distances
- Strong communication skills
- ASCA level 2 certification
- Experience with Team Unify
- Physiology and/or exercise training experience
- Experience training JO level or higher
LVSC Mission Statement
Las Vegas Swim Club strives to create a family and team atmosphere in a sport that is sometimes incorrectly considered an individual sport. In addition to technique, endurance, and power, our teaching focuses on personal ownership, respect, discipline, hard work, and sportsmanship. Through these lessons athletes are challenged to reach their maximum potential, both as a swimmer and as a person. The lessons learned at LVSC will help prepare its members for whatever challenges they take on in their lives.
Date posted: January 14, 2021
Location: 415 West Richmond Avenue, Peoria, IL, USA
with Peoria Area Water Wizards (PAWW)
Head Coach/C.E.O of Peoria Area Water Wizards Swim Team Job Description
The Peoria Area Water Wizards (PAWW) swim team Head Coach/ C.E.O. is responsible for the planning,
organization, delivery, and quality of the PAWW competitive swim team. The emphasis is on the quality
of the programs, collaborations, and expansion of programs within our service area, increasing
enrollment in our existing programs, and budget management. The Head Coach / C.E.O. is expected to
determine how to accomplish these tasks within the guidelines and recommendations of the Board of
Directors of PAWW, Inc.
The following are areas of responsibility and authority for the Head Coach / C.E.O, but are not limited to:
1. Directs, organizes, and supervises all competitive PAWW swim team activities to meet PAWW,
Inc. objectives. Plans seasons, conducts practices for, at minimum, senior prep and senior level
athletes, and attends both regular season and championship meets. Assures that coaching staff
plans seasons, conducts practices for age group and developmental levels, and attend meets.
2. Plans training and swim meet schedule, establishes standard operating policies and procedures
for processing team registrations, meet entries and medical forms, executes meet entries, and
facilitates running tryouts and hosted meets in conjunction with the PAWW Parent board and
volunteers. Schedules and secures practice facilities. Provides upkeep of assigned program
facilities and equipment.
3. Commit to developing good character in all participants of the program. Work with coaching
staff and run training to develop, retain, and bring out the potential in all levels of swimmers.
Annually evaluate and update program goals and objectives. Develop plans to achieve the
PAWW swim team program goals.
4. Develop, monitor, and maintain guidelines of program budget to meet fiscal goals and
objectives to be evaluated annually with a multi-year vision of the program in mind.
5. Assures recruitment, hiring, training, development, sets schedules for, and directs coaching
personnel of the PAWW swim team accordingly. Develops strategies to motivate and retain
staff to achieve program goals and objectives. Assures recruitment, training, development and
assists in direction of volunteer personnel accordingly.
6. In collaboration with the Board of Directors of PAWW, Inc., the competitive swim team staff,
and volunteers, will maintain the PAWW swim team website. Creates educational opportunities
for parents and swimmers such as clinics, presentations, and meetings. Additionally,
communicates with the Board of Directors of PAWW, Inc, swim team, coaches, parents,
volunteers, and community to inform of practices, meets, and other swimming related events.
Responds to all agency, parent, and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
7. Assures compliance with rules, standards, and guidelines set forth by USA Swimming and that all
aquatic safety procedures are followed. Assure compliance with state and local regulations
from aquatic and swimming governing bodies.
Caterpillar: Confidential Green
8. Meet monthly, additionally as needed, with the PAWW parent board to facilitate and discuss
team and meet operations.
9. In collaboration with the Board of Directors and their representative, markets programs to
service the communities in the area. Works to expand developmental, age group, senior, and
national level programming in the PAWW swim team service area in accordance with strategic
and operating plans. Develops and maintains relationships with school administration, parent
groups, and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs to further the
PAWW swim team and PAWW, Inc missions.
10. Promotes and maintains club recognition and excellence opportunities within USA Swimming.
11. Maintains proper records/department files. Compiles and updates the Board of Directors of
PAWW, Inc. on program statistics. Compiles and updates parents and swimmers on
performance statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in the
program including daily attendance totals.
12. Adopt and publicize a swim team policy concerning reporting of misconduct, electronic
communication policy, and plan to address bullying.
Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Date posted: January 8, 2021
Location: City of Craig, Craig, AK, USA
with Craig Waverunner Swim Club
Exciting employment opportunity in Craig Alaska! The Craig Waverunner Swim Club is in search of a new Head Swim Coach. The Waverunners are a parent owned and operated USA Swimming Club. The position is hired through the City of Craig, Alaska and the job position includes being the Head Swim Coach, Lifeguard and Swim Lesson Instructor at the Craig Aquatic Center.
The City of Craig offers competitive wages and a very good benefit package, including health insurance. You may view the job description and application at this site: Lifeguard III/ Swim Coach
In addition to the City of Craig hourly wage, the Waverunners pay a $500.00 monthly stipend. The Craig High School and a small local Masters team are also looking for coaches and can be combined with this position for additional compensation. We understand that relocating is costly and the swim club will reimburse up to $1000.00 for moving costs. Half will be paid upon arrival and the additional payment will be given after six months of employment.
The Waverunners are a small club with approximately 45 swimmers. We attend 6-8 swim meets per year which offers exciting travel opportunities throughout the state. The Head Coach travels with the team via jet boat, ferry and float plane. All travel is paid for by the team.
Craig Alaska is located on Prince of Wales Island in southeast Alaska. Prince of Wales is an incredibly beautiful place with a multitude of outdoor recreation possibilities, including: boating, fishing, kayaking, wildlife viewing, hiking, camping and hunting. For additional information about Prince of Wales, please visit our Chamber of Commerce website http://www.princeofwalescoc.org
For inquiries, contact:
CWSC Assistant Coach
P.O. Box 877
Craig, AK 99921
Email: [email protected]
Date posted: January 5, 2021
Location: Smith College, Northampton, MA, USA
with Smith College
Work Awards/ Scholarships are available for individuals interested in pursuing a master’s degree with a specialization in coaching women at the intercollegiate level. Candidates should have an undergraduate academic record of high caliber, and advanced skill and / or experience coaching/ teaching. The deadline for applying to the program with consideration for financial aid is March 15, 2021.
The graduate program in exercise and sport studies prepares individuals to coach women’s collegiate teams. Recognized nationally for its excellence, our program received Level V accreditation from the National Association for Sport and Physical Education. The program connects theory with practice by linking coursework with assistant coaching experiences. All students are in residence for two years.
Date posted: January 4, 2021
Location: Watertown, SD, USA
with Watertown Area Swim Club
Head Swim Coach
Watertown Area Swim Club – Watertown, SD
Watertown Area Swim Club is looking to hire a Head Swim Coach for our club team. Swimmers age 5 – 19 years of age. There are currently 200 swimmers on the team with a supportive community. The town has the Prairie Lakes Wellness Center with an 8 lane pool and 3 lane warm-up/cool-down pool. The team hosts 5 meets each year. SD is an age-group only state, athletes swim year-round with the team, no high school swimming. Throughout Covid-19 – the facility worked with the team and we were only out of the water until June 1st. The team is currently practicing at pre-Covid-19 levels.
Watertown is the 5th largest town in South Dakota – with approximately 22,000 people. Northeastern SD is known for its lakes and great outdoors.
Position requires a motivated and enthusiastic coach with knowledge of competitive swimming. The team also employs a Team Manager who manages administration of the team – including billing, collection, fundraising, etc. An assistant coach oversees newer swimmers until they can swim all 4 strokes.
- Swim coaching experience and current swim coach certification with USA Swimming.
Ideal Candidate possesses:
- Proven success coaching all levels
- Strong core values that include respect, trust, and integrity
- Cooperative and respectful communication style with swimmers, parents, and co-workers
- Personality that motivates swimmers
- Knowledge of programs including Hy-Tek, Meet Manager, Team Unify, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Coach developed swim groups in practice
- Coach all swimmers at meets
- Maintain and pursue continuing education related to all athletes at his/her level about proper stroke technique.
- Ensure proper communication with parents and swimmers
Salary will be commensurate with experience. $40,000 – $55,000
Email – [email protected]
Date posted: January 4, 2021
Location: 11200 Southeast 6th Street, Bellevue, WA, USA
with Bellevue Club Swim Team (BCST)
Bellevue Club, The Premier Athletic and Social Club on Seattle’s Eastside is looking for a well qualified Assistant Age Group Coach for our aged 10 & Under Swim team group.
This part-time position will be responsible for assisting in the planning, organization, development and execution of training sessions for the Bellevue Club Swim Team (BCST).
This position will ensure that swimmers involved in the BCST program participate regularly in team workouts, training sessions, and meetings as well as maintains detailed records of all swimmer’s workouts and attendance.
Candidates must be able to accompany swimmers to scheduled meets, supervise pre-meet warmups and motivate and evaluate swimmers during the meet as well as attend all scheduled coaches’ meetings.
Ensures that all workouts and training sessions administered are safe and complete, and that the workouts accomplish the competitive goals of the BCST program.
Maintains a current knowledge of the training and administrative needs of a highly competitive youth swimming program and conveys this information to the Swim Team coaching staff to implement as appropriate.
Conducts an annual, written short course season and long course season goal setting session with each swimmer in the individual group, covering all aspects of their training and performance.
Performs similar job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
CPRPR (CPR for the Professional Rescuer)
Safety Training for Swim Coaches
First Aid, and ASCA Level 2 certification
Current In Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification.
Date posted: December 28, 2020
Location: Oakley, CA, USA
Responsible for providing innovative direction and support in all aspects of swim team operation. Develop and maintain top quality communication between coach, swimmer, parents, all other site locations and the club that is critical to the success of the program. To understand, accept and positively affect the philosophy of the team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Recruit, train and supervise swim team staff. Schedule all departmental staff.
- Support the organization, planning, budgeting, promotion and evaluation of all swim team activity.
- Oversee the control and safety of the pool during clinics, practices and meets.
- Assist in the scheduling of the pool for clinics, practices and meets.
- Provide innovative practice and workout content including written practice plans, instruction in all four competitive strokes, stars, turns and touches and the use of drills and stroke correction in every opportunity.
- Foster sportsmanship, camaraderie and a positive work ethic in every swimmer.
- Must be present at all practices, meets and team events.
- Help select individual’s meet events
- Maintain attendance records.
- Collaborate with other site coaches to ensure team unity and cohesion across locations.
- All other duties as assigned.
- USA Swimming coaching certification
- Completion of Safe Sport Training
- Customer service, member relation and team management skills.
- Positive experience within the aquatics industry.
- Possess the ability to project an enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- WSI and CPR/AED certifications.
- High school diploma or equivalent.