with Cupertino Hills Swim and Racquet Club
Cupertino Hills Swim and Racquet Club is looking for a Head Coach for our 2018 season — April 2 through July 15.
Our team is dedicated to providing a fun and supportive team environment, encouraging healthy competition, and improving swimming technique. We have 120 swimmers.
We are looking for a coach who can:
- Create a positive and supportive team environment
- Emphasize stroke and turn techniques and conditioning
- Instill a sense of sportsmanship, loyalty, and willingness to work hard
- Mentor assistant coaches
- Plan, monitor, and attend scheduled practice sessions
- ~12-15 hours per week April 2 through June 8.
- ~20-22 hours per week June 11 through July 15.
- Coach one practice meet (May 20), five dual meets (Saturdays in June and July), and one championship meet (July 15) in accordance with Junipero Serra Swim League protocol
- Attend swim team activities planned by the Swim Team Committee
- Attend award ceremony following the championship meet. In collaboration with Assistant Coaches, determine awards for swimmers. Announce and distribute awards
- Serve as a member and/or advisor on the Swim Team Committee
- Possibly provide swim clinics and private lessons
Current lifeguard and CPR certification required. Expenses for certification will be compensated.
Background check required.
with Fry's Spring Beach Club
The Fry’s Spring Beach Club, established in 1921, is seeking qualified Head and Assistant coaches for our swim team for the upcoming 2018 summer season. Head Coach responsibilities include designing a differentiated practice program, mentoring a team of coaches, and leading morning and afternoon practices and social events, amounting to full-time employment. Assistant Coaches have similar responsibilities but with fewer hours. The preferred candidate has prior swim coach experience with children of varying ages and a proficient knowledge of strokes, turns, relays, line-up preparation, stroke analysis and biomechanics, rules and safety training.
with Orangevale Recreation and Park District
The Orangevale TigerSharks are a summer competitive swim team with an emphasis on fun! Swimmers with or without swim team experience who can swim one 25 yard length of a pool may join this OV Parks sponsored team. The program focus is on developing swimmers in a supportive and team oriented environment. Parents and families factor in on the fun, assisting with swim meets and team socials. The season runs from May through July each year. Practices are held in the afternoon starting in May then in the morning or afternoon in June and July. Swim meets are held in June and July. The TigerSharks swim in the Valley Foothill Competitive Aquatic League (VFCAL) with Arden Manor Pirates, Auburn Robalos , Cordova Blue Marlins, Placerville Dry DigginsDolphins and Life Time Sugar Bears.
Under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor, the Head Swim Team Coach is responsible for the safety, instruction, and training of children participating on the Orangevale TigerSharks Swim Team. They will conduct daily practices and create daily workouts for each age group to enable the swimmers to develop their endurance, form, technique and assist in preparation, set-up, and take down for swim meets. They will prepare the swim meet seeding and entry requirements. The ideal candidate will need to have an understanding of recreation swimming and put an emphasis on bettering individual time, learning strokes and make swimming fun. Must be available for the entire 2018 summer season and attend all swim meets. This position will maintain a commitment to the operation of a safe and effective aquatic environment, and assures all facilities are left in the same or better condition after swim meets and practices. They will also maintain a positive atmosphere with regards to sportsmanship, goal setting, and a positive learning environment for all. This position performs other duties as assigned. Previous swim coaching experience required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepares daily practices for swimmers
- Coaching and providing input for swimmers and assistant coaches
- Fostering a positive team environment that inspires excellence by leading by example
- Effectively communicating and working with other coaches, the parent board, pool staff, volunteers, parents and swimmers in a positive and professional manner
- Promotes and enforces water safety procedures including performing emergency response as needed
- Attends swim team meets, socials, and events
- Works with all swimmers and parents in determining appropriate goals; and, fosters in swimmers, important attitudes and skills such as discipline, goal setting, time management and healthy habits that will benefit them throughout life
- Oversees and manages the process of meet selection, meet entries, scheduling and coordinating of home and away meets
- Provide excellent customer service
- Responsible for the day-to-day direction, hands on guidance and involvement in all aspects of the TigerShark swim team, including working with swimmers, parents and coaching staff
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have swim coaching experience
- CPR and Water Safety or Lifeguard training prefered
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $5,000.00 to $6,000.00 /year
with SafeSplash Swim School
Competitive pay – one of the best in Colorado Springs!
- Engaging and fun work environment
- Bonus structure for consistent performance!
- Great leadership team
- Beautiful new swim facility with state of the art equipment (92 degree water!)
Want to work for a fun and exciting new aquatics company paying highly competitive wages? Want to be a part of a growing innovative swim instructing team? Want to teach kids a critical life skill; swimming? If so, apply to join our team of premier aquatics Swim Instructors! We are now hiring for aquatic Swim Instructors and swim coaches in Colorado Springs! With instructors who have taught for us for 7+ years, trust us when we say, you want to come work for us! SafeSplashTM system believes in Leadership, Respect, Execution and Quality. With multiple career tracks instructors can progress down, leadership development, an innovative work environment and a work life blend you wont find anywhere else. Our Swim Instructors are the most important and valued part of our business! Swim Instructor or Swim Coach:
- Teach children and adults of all ages the important life skill of swimming! We have an excellent proprietary curriculum that we provide training on upon hiring.
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
- Previous 2 years of aquatic swim instruction experience is required
- Current American Red Cross CPR-PR/AED, First Aid for Adult, Child and Infant required (training can be provided)
- WSI certification preferred, but not required as we will train you on our swim curriculum
- Special consideration given to instructors with experience teaching children aged 6 months to 10 years and coaching Special Needs
- Training in the SafeSplash swim curriculum will be provided
- Employee must complete the SafeSplash Certified Instructor program once hired
with SNOW Swimming
SNOW Swimming, Loudon County’s (northern VA) premier year round swim club, is looking for a full time coach to run our Senior Silver groups at our main training site ( Claude Moore Recreation Center), in Sterling, VA. This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced & enthusiastic coach to come work with a Bronze Medal club as we celebrate our 20th anniversary!
As the lead coach for our second-highest training group, you’ll be writing & running all Senior Silver workouts (both morning and afternoon groups), as well as dryland workouts for those groups. There are two additional training groups you’ll be responsible for running as well, both groups comprised of age groupers, both groups in the afternoons. Administrative duties include: completing meet entries for your athletes, regular communication with the athletes & their families via email (including a weekly update to each group), as well as an occasional meeting with each group- usually at the beginning of each season. You’ll also be expected to attend our weekly coaches meeting on Tuesday Mornings. Salary is dependent on experience. It’s important to note that there is no Board at SNOW.
SNOW has experienced a phenomenal resurgence in the last few years, led by our Head Coach, Jim Rumbaugh. We had 30 Sectional qualifiers last Spring, placed 2nd Overall at the ISCA Summer Senior Championship Meet in St. Petersburg last August, and sent 9 athletes down to USA Junior Nationals in December. And, to kick off 2018, we were awarded Bronze Medal status by USA Swimming- what a way to celebrate our 20th anniversary!
Loudon County is a thriving, vibrant suburb of Washington, DC with world class shopping, dining, entertainment & parks, as well as some of the best public schools in the country. All the museums and attractions of our nation’s Capitol are just a 40 minute car ride away, and Dulles Airport is just ten minutes south of our main training site. Additionally, the Metro Silver Line extension into Loudon County is scheduled to be completed in early 2019. All these attributes contribute to the high quality of life Loudon County residents enjoy year round.
with Raleigh Swimming Association
Raleigh Swimming Association is seeking an Assistant Coach to work on a part-time basis, primarily with our age group athletes. This is an hourly position; compensation is commensurate with experience. Opportunities are available to work between 6 and 20 hours per week.
Coach candidates must be knowledgeable and passionate about working with young swimmers.
We are looking for a coach who excels at teaching good technique, conducting organized and engaging practices, and communicating with swimmers and parents.
Coaches are expected to be available for all practices for their assigned practice group(s), ranging from 4 to 6 practices per week. Coaches will lead dryland in the gym as well. Coaches should also be available to attend meets an average of once per month.
Coaches need to be certified with USA Swimming and have their Red Cross lifeguarding certification or be willing to do so within 30 days of being hired. Coach candidates are required to undergo a background screen before they are hired.
Other coaching opportunities exist periodically throughout the year, primarily clinics for summer league and high school age athletes.
with Northern KY Clippers Swimming
The Lead Age Group swim coach is a year-round, part-time to full-time position based in Erlanger, Kentucky. The ideal candidate is someone who can coach the year-round USA Swimming club and assist with club operations as needed; is comfortable working with young beginners to high school athletes of all ages and abilities, including Sectionals qualifiers; and is passionate about the sport of swimming.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Promotes a fun and positive environment for swim team members
- Regularly communicates with athletes, parents, and the head coach to work on goal setting and expectations, and to provide regular feedback on athlete progress and programming needs
- Conducts IM-based practices, is experienced teaching drills for all four strokes and aerobic-based sets, and can write practices to meet the needs of the program to advance swimmers to reach their goals
- Comfortable working with swimmers of all ages and abilities
- Must be able to attend most/all scheduled swim practices and swim meets
- Other duties as assigned by the head coach
- Current USA Swimming coach credentials (or must obtain within two weeks of hire)
- Current CPR, first aid, and lifeguard certifications
- Current background check and athlete protection test as required by USA Swimming
Preferred Skill Set:
- At least 3-5 years of coaching experience at the summer league and/or club level
- Associate degree or higher preferred
- ASCA certification preferred
- Swimming background as an age group swimmer or higher is strongly preferred
- Must be an enthusiastic team player with a flexible, outgoing attitude and passion for teaching swimming
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and professional appearance
- Experienced in managing meet entries using Team Unify
- Knowledge of Gmail and Google apps, especially using word processing and spreadsheet apps
- Flexible schedule that includes mornings and afternoons during the school year and mornings during the summer, plus weekend swim meets
- Punctual and dependable
- Able to manage a diverse group of swimmers and be a leader
- Knowledge and understanding of summer league swimming
- Self-motivated and able to work independently without constant supervision
- Experience supervising others and working in a collaborative team environment
- Level-headed personality in high energy situations
This position is located in Erlanger, Kentucky and starts in the spring. Salary/pay is based on experience and how closely the applicant’s skill set fits the position.
with Jonesboro Jets Aquatic Club
Head Coach of the Jonesboro Jets Aquatic Club
• 3+ years of coaching experience (head coach experience preferred).
• Competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level.
• ASCA Level 2 (with a 4 year college degree) or ASCA Level 3.
• Current USA Swimming Coach Certification requirement.
• Proficiency in Hy-Tek, Meet Manager, and TeamUnify.
• Experience in supervising staff members and directing team activities, including fundraising and planning club events preferred.
The Jonesboro Jets Aquatic Club is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence through swim education, training, leadership, and character development.
We are looking for an individual who will continue to develop and maintain a competitive program that fosters growth and development of all swimmers:
• Exceptional organizational, leadership, and administrative skills.
• Lead, recruit, develop, and supervise coaching staff.
• Keep current with innovative swimming techniques and training methods.
• Passion for working with and developing swimmers of all ages.
• Love for the sport and talent to help our swimmers reach their maximum potential.
• Strong, effective communication skills with swimmers, parents, coaching staff, Board of Directors and community partners.
• Enthusiastic and motivated team player.
• Consistently evaluates and improves program with Board of Directors to ensure sustained profitability including development of team budget, fee structure, and fundraising activities.
• Collaborate and supervise coaching staff in planning travel swim meets and camps with a focus on USA Safe Sport policies.
• Work with the Board of Directors on long-term mission, vision, and strategic planning.
• Lead implementation of mission, vision, and strategic planning among coaches, athletes, and parents.
• Be a community advocate for the team and overall organization.
• Meeting attendance required with parents and the Board of Directors.
The Jonesboro Jets Aquatic Club (www.jonesborojets.com), located in Jonesboro, Arkansas, is searching for a head coach. The Jets currently has approximately 90+ swimmers from beginning level age group swimmers to swimmers competitive on the Sectional and Junior National levels. The team trains primarily at Arkansas State University and has additional community partners that provide pool availability in the summer and winter months. The Jets are a competitive year round USA swim club with a successful developmental and competitive AAU summer program. The Jets Aquatic Club is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization and is supported by a parent-run volunteer board of directors.
with Anthem Community Council
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Lead Age Group Swim Coach is a full time position. This position is responsible for coaching, helping with pool maintenance and chemicals, teaching private swim lessons, conducting swim camp and overseeing the master’s swim program. As a coach, this individual will be able to work with young swimmers new to the sport up to high level swimmers capable of medaling at state meets or getting Zone or Sectional cuts. Additionally, the Lead Age Group Swim Coach monitors activities at the pool to prevent accidents, rescues swimmers in danger of drowning, cautions swimmers regarding unsafe practices and safety hazards, maintain order in the pool and adjoining areas, administers first aid when needed.
- Provides direction, motivation and skill development to swim team participants
- Regularly offers positive enforcement and encouragement to participants and/or parents
- Conducts IM based practice, working on all strokes for all swimmers age 14 and younger.
- Works with swimmers ranging in USA “B” times to USA “AAA” times, with ages ranging from 7 to 14.
- Covers the Head Coach’s SR and Pre-SR groups as needed and work alongside the Head Coach with the SR group swimmers on a daily basis
- Helps with morning Masters swim and morning SR practice
- Is the Head Summer recreational coach and oversees the other summer recreational coaches from the end of May through mid-July
- Teaches private swim lessons
- Conducts swim camp
- Spends 85-95% of the time at the pool and swim meets
- Plans for and/or assist in planning practice drills
- Maintains a professional appearance, attitude and the highest levels of customer service at all times
- Must be able to attend most/all scheduled swim meets
- Maintains regular communications with Aquatics Manager about upcoming meets or events and the needs of the swim team
- Responsible for making practices schedules for each level
- Helps with pool tarps as needed
- Maintains a safe working environment
- Reports all unsafe activity and conditions
- Other duties assigned by Aquatics Manager and Head Swim Coach
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
Education: Associates or Bachelor’s degree
Certifications (must have or be able to obtain within 90 days of employment):
- Current Starguard Lifeguard certification
- Current USA Swim Coach certification
- CPO (certified pool operator) certification
- CPR and First Aid certifications
Experience: At least three (3) years of swim coach experience
Skill sets needed: Must have aptitude for detail, highly effective interpersonal and problem solving skills. Excellent communication skills are also required in for this position.
Hours: Schedule is flexible and variable within our 7 day work week working mornings, afternoons, and evenings; some holidays, hours/schedules may vary based on needs and swim meets
A valid driver license and clean driving record is required
Work location: Anthem Community Center – Lap Pool, 41130 N. Freedom Way, Anthem
A Benefits package with insurance coverage, paid time off and a 401(k) plan is available to eligible full time employees. ACC employees may use Anthem’s Community Center, tennis courts, Aquatics Park with heated pool and Community Park as a health and wellness benefit. Staff may also sign up for a variety of fitness classes and activities at reduced prices, and in some cases at no cost, with only a few exceptions.
with Cascade Swim Club
Cascade Swim Club is searching for a Lead Age Group Coach at Evans and Shoreline Pools. Cascade is a multi-site team that operates in Seattle, Washington. We currently have approx. 600 swimmers ranging in age from entry level to elite. We are seeking a coach capable of creating a strong Age Group Regional team and preparing swimmers for Senior level training.
The Lead Coach of CSC Evans & Shoreline pools will have the following responsibilities:
• Continue a comprehensive, competitive program including light drylands aimed at athletes age 14 & U.
• Plan and conduct daily on-deck coaching with our AG 1 group (ages 10-14).
• Communicate with parents, swimmers, and other coaches (email, phone, face to
• Oversight on online meet entries (Team Unify) for all age group meets, daily
• Attend all scheduled swim meets, meetings, and team functions as required.
• Assist with team tryouts and swimmer assessments for group placement.
• Collaborate on other projects with the Head Age Group Coach.
• • • •
Applicants should have a strong competitive swimming background. Coaching experience.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Current CPR, USA Swimming certifications.
Hourly compensation dependent on experience.
20 hours per week
“Away” meets have gas mileage, per diems and lodging included. Coach education is strongly encouraged & supported by the team and Booster Club.
with Glenbrook Aquatics
Glenbrook Aquatics – Head Developmental Coach
Full time position with salary $28-32,000 + Benefits
To create a full time position for our developmental groups. This person will assume a shared role of leadership with the Head Coach (Age Group Coach) and the Head Senior Coach. Their focus will be on creating and implementing a program designed to introduce and properly instruct the basic principles of competitive swimming to the introductory groups of our program.
-Oversee all aspects of the Gator Group program. This includes all planning, designing and implementing practices, dry land and meets for the Pre-Gator, Junior Gator & Mighty Gator groups
-Hiring, training, educating and supervising of all assistant staff for the Gator groups
-Create and design all parent informational materials and effectively help to educate the parents early in the sport
-Work closely with the Swim America program directors to ensure a smooth transition for swimmers coming out of lessons and the transition onto the team
-Design, organize and oversee team tryouts
-Work in partnership with the Head Coach (Age Group Coach) and the Head Senior Coach to ensure a true progression in the development of our swimmers.
-Share the leadership of the program and contribute to the direction the team grows
-Oversee and manage all aspects of the Water Polo programing for Glenbrook Aquatics
-Initiate and develop a Special Olympics aquatics program for the Glenbrook Aquatics community
-Maintain and improve our swimmer achievement program for the betterment of our swimmers
with West Bend Swim Club
West Bend Swim Club (WBSC) is seeking a motivated Head Coach to lead a team of swimmers ranging from beginner up to the National level.
West Bend Swim Club is a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization that serves West Bend and surrounding communities. WBSC is a competitive swim team that is dedicated to the long-term development of our swimmers.
Head Coach Requirements:
- Good standing with USA Swimming, including current certifications and athlete protection, background check
- Successful coaching experience and a proven record of athlete improvement
- Ability to manage swimmers across multiple training levels
- Experience with TeamUnify and Hy-Tek meet manager
- Oversight of team operations, business and financial performance
- Good communication skills with attention to detail
- Lead the seasonal plan and workout development execution for all training groups
- Supervise a staff of 6-8 assistant coaches
- Attend most competitions and schedule assistant coaches as appropriate
- Keep accurate attendance records for all groups
- Represent WBSC at LSC meetings
- Attend WBSC Board meetings, present monthly summary reports and be active in club including assisting with fundraising, marketing, planning and development
- Support and work collaboratively with the local High School swim teams
How to apply:
Please send salary requirements, resume, 3 references, and a brief summary of your coaching philosophy to:[email protected].
HOW TO APPLY
Please send salary requirements to:[email protected]
PO BOX 394
West Bend, WI 53095
with The Race Club
with Loyola Blakefield
The Director of Aquatics is a multi-faceted role. In addition to managing all pool operations, the Director of Aquatics will serve as the Head Coach of highly competitive water polo, swimming, and diving teams. Additionally, the Director will serve as the Head Coach for LBA Swim Club and will work in collaboration with the Director of Athletics, the Chair of the Physical Education Department, and the Director of Plant Operations to advance aquatic programming at Loyola Blakefield.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director of Aquatics oversees programming operation, which includes physical education classes, athletics aquatic rehabilitation, the USA Swimming club, and aquatic facility rentals and programs. This position also involves general maintenance and staffing of the aquatic facility include. Other duties include:
- Cleaning and maintenance of deck, pool vacuuming, and filter backwashing
- Ordering of pool chemicals and pool supplies
- Maintaining and ordering all electronic equipment including all Colorado Timing System equipment
- Acting as first point of contact for outside contractors
- Maintaining all licenses and paperwork required for an operational Baltimore County pool (i.e. pool license, daily record keeping for the health department)
- Ensuring the aquatics facility is properly staffed according to Baltimore County Regulations
As the Head Coach of the LBA Swim Club, the incumbent will work with the LBA Board to lead and support the vision for a highly competitive USA Swimming club program while managing the coaching staff to ensure that there is a consistent vision across all swimming age groups. The coach sets up and run practices, select meets and other competitions and determines who shall participate in those meets and competitions. Additional responsibilities of overseeing the swimming and staffing logistics of the club include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and fostering a good relationship with Loyola Blakefield through ensuring parents and swimmers are respecting school policies and procedures for facility use and behavior.
- Responsible for the day-to-day direction, hands on guidance and involvement in all aspect of LBA including working with swimmers, parents and coaching staff
- Reporting to and working with the LBA board on coaching and club strategy/status
- Providing direct coaching plan and strategy for Senior Group swimmers
- Oversees and manages process of meet selection, meet entries, and scheduling home and away meets
- Regularly communicates with swimmers and families through a variety of channels and methods, including but not limited to swimmer and parent meetings, weekly updates, Teamunify web site, and email.
- Responsible for the recruiting, supervising, evaluating, and managing the performances and professional development of all Assistant Coaches
- Providing swim strategy across all groups for the team by reviewing all coaching plans
- Works with all swimmers and parents in determining appropriate goals; and, fosters in swimmers, important attitudes and skills such as discipline, goal setting, time management and healthy habits that will benefit them throughout life
- Maintaining proper certifications for self and coaching staff including but not limited to Coaching certification, First Aid certification, Meet Director, Meet entry, etc…
- Ensuring that LBA complies with all USA and Maryland Swimming policies and creating a SAFE sport environment
- Researching and developing swim related growth opportunities for swimmers
- Sharing in web site organization inclusive of billing and meet listings
- Coordinating LBA facility needs with Loyola Blakefield
- Coordinating the necessary purchase of equipment for LBA
Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited four-year institution
- Demonstrated ability to organize and coordinate aquatic programming.
- Considerable experience as a swim & water polo coach at the high school, collegiate, and/or competitive USA club level
- Strong knowledge of philosophy, principles, and practices of independent school
aquatic programs and USA Swimming programs
- ASCA/NISCA certification preferred
- License Pool Operator
- Certified Lifeguard and CPR/AED
- Lifeguard Instructor (preferred but not required)
- Familiarity with Hy-Tek Meet Manager, team Manager and Team Unify
with Greenwood Gators Swim Team
Hours: Monday – Friday evenings and Saturday mornings / Availability on meet weekends (6-12 hours per week as needed)
Location: Greenwood Community High School
Starting Date: ASAP
Pay: Hourly – highly competitive; negotiable based on qualification and experience
Club Description: The Gators are a nonprofit, board run USA Swimming club serving the Greenwood Community. The Gators are dedicated to teaching young people the sport of competitive swimming and employ a coaching staff that is made up of certified professionals who are dedicated to developing swimmers into the best athletes they can be and building a foundation of skills that will last a lifetime. The Gators train at the Greenwood High School Natatorium located at 615 West Smith Valley Road in Greenwood, IN (20 minutes South of Indianapolis). The facility houses a six lane 25-yard pool that can be converted to a 25-meter pool for the long course season as well as a five lane 12.5 yard separate diving well. The Greenwood Gators, the Greenwood High School swimming and diving teams, and the Greenwood Middle School swimming and diving teams all practice and host meets at the facility.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create, plan, and run practices for swimmers ages 6-12 years olds in line with the club direction
- Work under the direction of the Head Coach
- Attending all practices and scheduled meets as needed
- Assist other coaches as needed
- Staying up to date with the latest science, technology, and procedures of USA Swimming
- Previous competitive swimming/ coaching experience preferred
- Must have all USA Swimming certifications and coaching requirements or be able to obtain ASAP
- Mature judgment, reliability, availability, and ethical behavior including punctuality, confidentiality and the ability to function effectively in a multitask environment
- Ability to work well and effectively communicate with swimmers, parents, and coaching staff
- Be energetic, prompt, reliable, and willing to learn