with The Race Club
The Race Club, with locations in the amazing tropical paradise of Islamorada in the Florida Keys and in Coronado, a beautiful island in San Diego, is hiring for staff coaching positions ranging from 3 month internships to Senior Staff and Site Directors for experienced, professional coaches and everything in between. Currently we are looking to hire lead coaches based in San Diego, CA and Islamorada, FL.
The Race Club’s Primary Focus is on Swimming Technique and the Technical aspects of swimming. This non-traditional coaching position emphasizes teaching and the science of swimming where the coaching staff is expected to have or develop technical expertise and be on the cutting edge in the sport. This is a great opportunity to launch your coaching career to the next level by learning from world-renowned coaches and world-class athletes while applying proven fundamental progressions to a diverse population of swimmers.
Our Coaches must have a passion for swimming, curiosity and a likable personality with the ability to communicate positively and effectively with others. Swimming experience and success as a coach counts, however, all experience levels of coaches will be considered. Applicants should have talents, skills, experience and/or education outside the sport that effectively demonstrate intellect and capacity to learn. Specific skills in computer science, social media, technology, graphic arts, marketing and business administration are particularly valuable.
Benefits. Every day on the pool deck as a Race Club Coach is a step into the lab to learn at the highest level in the sport, develop and practice your coaching skills, both technical and interactive. Off of the deck, you will have the ability to contribute to building the preeminent swimming organization in the world. Opportunities for significant additional income, international exposure, and growth in a dynamic leader in the sport will be available for the best members of our staff. We are also a leader in swimming social media and online delivery of services, making a coaching position with the Race Club one of the most technologically innovative opportunities for coaches in the sport.
Join the Family. If you, or someone you know, is interested in this unique opportunity of coaching/teaching positions, please contact us. Email your resume to [email protected]
with YMCA of Greater Charlotte
We are hiring the following summer seasonal positions at the Lake Norman Y Branch Aquatics department:
Lifeguards (Must be 16 years of age or older)
Lifeguard (Open/Closer) (Must be at least 16 years old)
Waterfront Boat Drivers (Must be 18 years of age or older)
- Must have a Valid State of North Carolina License
- Must have a Valid State of North Carolina Boat License
- Must complete and pass driver background check (MVR, driver violations policy, driver information form).
Swim Instructor (Must be 16 years of age or older)
Water Park Slide Operator (Must be 16 years of age or older)
with YWCA Bergen County
This position has overall responsibility for the safety at the pool, as well as a managerial, administrative, aquatic, planning, and scheduling responsibility. Managing the staff and programming, communication and leadership duties, including swim lessons, lifeguard rotations, and all other aquatic programming.
1. Organize and schedule swim lessons. This includes evaluating swimmers and placing them in proper swim levels using American Red Cross guidelines.
2. Develop and maintain quality programs that are responsive to current trends.
3. Assure the safety of equipment and facilities for the program to ensure the health and safety of program participants.
4. Substitutes for life guards and instructors as needed.
5. Assist in the training of lifeguard and swim instructor staff.
6. Monitors timesheets and prepares payroll reports.
7. Oversees classes, students, instructors and lifeguards to include evaluation of instructors on a regular basis to maintain standards of quality.
8. Communicate regularly with Aquatics Manager and provides feedback regarding swim participants, staffing and programming issues.
9. Attends recommended training and educational programs to enhance YWCA programs.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education/Recreation, related field or equivalent work experience. Minimum of 3 years of experience in teaching and supervising a wide range of Aquatic Programs for all age groups and skill levels.
Licensing and/or Certifications: Current WSI, LGT, CPR/ProRescuer, AED, and First Aid required.
1. Knowledge of American Red Cross standards of water safety.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Detailed record keeping skills and capability to work independently.
2. Proven communications (verbal, written, listening) and interpersonal skills.
3. Ability to enforce rules and regulations, act quickly and remain calm in emergency situations.
4. Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service and to set a leadership example for staff.
5. Ability to work with a multigenerational and diverse group of members and staff.
Physical Requirements: Walk, stand, climbing, stooping and keeling. This position also requires the individual to be a strong swimmer as they oversee lifeguards and may have to assist in case of drowning or other medical emergencies.
with Kalamazoo College
Kalamazoo College in Kalamazoo, Mich., an NCAA division III liberal arts institution in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association, is seeking to fill a position as head men’s and women’s swimming coach. This is a full-time, 12-month administrative appointment. Responsibilities include the development of leading and organizing all facets of a division III men’s and women’s swimming program, knowledge of and adherence to MIAA and NCAA rules, scheduling of non-league contests, recruiting, and overseeing the program’s budget. Additional responsibilities include teaching courses in the physical education department and administrative duties as assigned by the athletic director. Position start date is June 5, 2017.
Please send a letter of application, resume/vitae, and three professional references to http://reason.kzoo.edu/hr/employ/staff/mwsmdvFeb17/
with Brisbane Grammar School
Brisbane Grammar School is a non-denominational boys school of about 1700 students (Years 5-12) that overlooks the Brisbane CBD. The School maintains a strong tradition of academic excellence and operates extensive extracurricular and student wellbeing programs.
Brisbane Grammar School seeks an experienced Swimming Coach to operate the Swimming Program all year round, providing aquatic coaching services to BGS students and the wider community. The program’s primary business is to provide quality aquatic coaching and instruction to all BGS students enrolled in years 5 to 12. We also strive to provide a complete developmental pathway for all athletes from stroke development to high performance.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you please visit the Schools Employment Pages on www.brisbanegrammar.com where you can download the full description and process. Please ensure that you attach, in one document, all the requested information listed in the process when you submit your application.
Come join an exciting new business. We are bringing expertise learn to swim to high rise residential buildings in NYC. The right candidate will be a former collegiate swimmer willing to work 20-30 hours a week with a starting hourly salary of $45 per hour. After an initial trial you will be considered full time with 4-5 weeks of vacation a year and a starting slarary of $52,000. After 6 months you will be making 65 -70k a year. Hours required – 3-8 pm 4 nights a week and 9 – 2 pm one weekend day.
with The Swim Team of OC
Love kids? Love swimming?
We are looking for a dedicated, full time, highly motivated, and driven age group coach to add to our swim team family in the Long Beach, Seal Beach, Los Alamitos, Cypress area.
Experience Level: Applicants must have coaching experience with swimmers who have achieved National Age Group Time Standards B min to AAA min and a high level of knowledge in the fields of stroke technique, dry land conditioning, sports nutrition, and physiology as they apply to swimmers ranging in ages from 8 – 17 years of age.
Compensation: Negotiable based upon experience. This position provides a full time salary of $35,000 – $45,000 with room for advancement as well as full benefits and vacation and sick leave.
with North Texas Nadadores
Senior Coach/Communications Coordinator in Southlake, Texas.
North Texas Nadadores (NTN) is a USA Swimming Silver Medal Club, operated by Carroll Independent School District. NTN has 320 USA registered swimmers, along with a stroke team feeder program, and learn-to-swim program. Senior Group will be in charge of at least one practice group but work under the direction of the Head Coach. This person will also be responsible for maintaining and coordinating communication mediums for the team. NTN operates out of the Southlake Carroll Aquatic Center, in Southlake, Texas. This is a full-time position, with individual health and retirement benefits. The right applicant should possess the following:
• Previous experience working with children in an instructional and/or athletic setting
• USA Swimming Coach Certification
• Current CPR and first Aid Certification
• Enthusiasm for swimming activities
• Willingness to obtain ASCA Level 2 within one year of employment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Mentally and physically fit
• Nineteen years of age or older
• Previous experience working with children
Compensation: Competitive Salary based on experience. School District benefits are included with the package.
Professional benefits are also provided such as ASCA membership, and family swimmer discount.
Application process will remain open until position filled with right candidate.
Interested candidates should apply on-line at www.southlakecarroll.edu (go careers, job listings and auxiliary jobs). Attach a cover letter and resume with your on-line application. If you have questions, contact Bill Christensen, Head Coach North Texas Nadadores, at 817-949-8201 or Kevin Murphy, Southlake Carroll HS Head Coach.at 817-949-8223.
For more information on our NTN team, visit our club web-site at www.ntnadadores.com or the Carroll Aquatic Center web-site at www.cisdaquatics.com
with The Bluefish Swim Club-Williston
The Bluefish Swim Club-Williston (ABF) is searching for multiple part-time coaches to work with swimmers from developmental to senior levels. The club is located in Easthampton, MA and practices out of the Williston-Northampton School, www.willistonaquaticclub.com. The Bluefish Swim Club is a USA Swimming Level 4, Silver Medal Team for 2017, and its alumnae include Olympians and USA Swimming National and National Junior Team members. During the summer of 2016, the team won the New England Senior Championship and 14 & Under Age Group Championship. The Williston site’s head coach is Nicholas Rice, a USA Swimming National Junior Team Coach (2014-2017) and the 2015 New England Swimming Age Group Coach of the year.
Requirements: Applicants should be highly motivated, outgoing, and work well with others, have knowledge of teaching stroke techniques, and be able to follow highly organized season and daily training plans. Competitive swim experience and coaching experience a plus. Applicants would be required to complete a background check for USA Swimming Coach Membership and obtain all required certifications for USA Swimming Coaching Membership.
Position Summary: Practice schedules run between 5:00-9:15 pm on weeknights and 7:00 am-12:00pm on weekends. Applicants would also be required to attend swim meets and other scheduled team functions, including some overnight travel throughout the season.
Compensation: Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with experience.
How to Apply: Please e-mail your cover letter with a summary of your coaching experience, your resume, and references to [email protected].
Nicholas Rice, The Bluefish Swim Club-Williston Site Head Coach (719) 238-2382
with Circle City Aquatics
Circle City Aquatics (CCAQ) is seeking a Head Coach who is experienced and has the leadership qualities to take us to the next level. We want a Head Coach who can lead, communicate, and continue to build a strong swim program. The Head Coach will lead his/her staff and be supported by his/her Board of Directors. Our new Head Coach must have the ability to work with Coaches, Parents, and the swimmers.
Circle City Aquatics currently has 4 pools that we are operating from Murrieta, Ca. up the 15 freeway to Eastvale. We have recently started a Water Polo Club along with all of our swim groups. Our swim club is extremely competitive with all levels of experience. We currently use the Pools at Vista Murrieta, Santiago, Centennial, and Roosevelt High Schools. For more information, please visit our website: www.circlecityaquatics.com
- Program Management- Coordinate with each coaching staff member’s schedule and oversee training plans for all training groups with staff.
- Set CCAQ performance goals and report those to all stakeholders
- Establish an environment that fosters positive team attitudes, encourages self-discipline, sportsmanship and responsibility.
- Coach and Mentor Platinum group.
- Develop and maintain age-appropriate dry land program.
- Evaluate all coaches and conduct annual performance reviews.
- Recruit/mentor coaches that are in the program and future coaches.
- Facilities communication and maintenance.
- Maintain healthy relationships with all stakeholders (Asst. Coaches, Parents, Swimmers, School Personnel and BOD)
- Supervise and Coordinate participation at Swim Meets
- Attend and Participate in Board Meetings.
- Manage meet information, meet entries, meet results, and travel
- Lead by example and challenge all in the program to be the best they can be!
- Range- $45,000 – $65,000 (Will be determined by BOD)
- Letter of Interest (Addressed to the Circle City Board of Directors)
- Resume (Include all swim and coaching experience)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
with Greater Joliet Area YMCA
This position is full time.
Responsible for assisting the Director of Competitive Swimming with the administration and operation of the Joliet Y Jets Swim Team, primarily in regards to programming for 12 & under swimmers. This includes the development and administration of season plans and daily practices, being involved in team communication (e-mail, website, social media), handling meet entries and planning clinics and other team events. This position will work closely with the Director of Competitive Aquatics to ensure full realization of the team/YMCA mission and vision; strong communication, collaboration and cooperation with all staff is critical in that regard. Primary practice site will be the Smith Family YMCA with some site visits to other practice locations planned.
- Organizes and supervises competitive swimming activities to meet YMCA objectives. This includes swim practices, dryland, swim meets, clinics and other special events.
- Develops and administers quadrennial, seasonal and daily plans for practice levels that include athletes ages 12 & younger.
- Plans practice schedules and swim meet schedules, manages meet entries and results, develops motivational materials and maintains records as required (i.e. attendance, meet statistics, progress reports, etc.).
- Assists with the management of the JETS online presence, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Team Unify, etc, in compliance with Y-USA Brand Standards. Coordinates with Metro Marketing Department as needed.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with athletes, parents, and coaches; helps them connect with each other and the YMCA.
- Communicates effectively and collaborates with each location’s host branch staff to inform of practices, meets, and other team-related events. Conveys information and schedules as appropriate, including communication with parents regarding policies, reminders, progress reports and common questions. Responds to all inquiries in a timely manner.
- Assures compliance with YMCA Swimming and USA Swimming.
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Organizes, cleans and puts away needed equipment. Reports damaged equipment.
with Fort Hood Dolphins
- Directs and manages the swim team program as a whole
- Upholds high integrity and moral values in accordance with the USA Swimming Code of Conduct
- Provides consistency when other board members, assistants and families move in/out of the area
- Manages, motivates and helps provide education opportunities for assistant coaches
- Flexible and creative with training in non-ideal circumstances
- Develops training schedules & workout groups; coordinates stroke technique and training continuity across all workout groups
- Manages and submits meet entries
- Oversees all practices
- Oversees tryouts and new swimmer evaluations
- Works with the volunteer parent board, especially in coordinating parent communication and transparency
- Current USA Swimming coaching credentials, or the ability to complete certification within two weeks of hiring.
- (Preferred) At least one year coaching a USA swimming member club
- (Preferred) USA/comparable swimming program experience as an athlete
- (Preferred) at least ASCA Level 2 Certified (or comparable program)
- (Preferred) Familiar with OnDeck and MainSet training apps
with Olympic Aquatic Club
Bremerton/ Silverdale area near Seattle, WA (US Applicants only)
Olympic Aquatic Club is searching for an experienced, committed and personable head coach to lead our team. The Olympic Aquatic Club is well established part of the Central Kitsap community. OAC is a close-knit team of 30-40 swimmers dedicated to competitive swimming on a national level. The ideal coach for our team supports our mission of providing every swimmer an environment in which to reach their full potential, whether that is pursuing an Olympic dream, collegiate swimming, age group swimming, or being a strong contributor to their high school swim team. We strive to help each child grow as a person and an athlete through the sport of swimming.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience + meet stipends and bonus opportunities
Create and implement a comprehensive athlete development and progression program for our developmental, age-group, and senior level swimmers
Modify training program based on individual and team progress
Design and implement a coaching strategy to manage and guide assistant coaches in a fashion to ensure smooth progressions across all swim levels
Assess swimmer skills and work with swimmers to develop individual goals
Annual meet selection
Open and timely communication with swimmers and parents
Assist with club fundraising events such as swim-a-thon
Manage overall swim program efficiently within the annual budget of the club
Characteristics and requirements:
Coaching certification- Must be a current Coach member of USA swimming with completed safety training and USA swimming background check
ASCA certification and membership preferred but not required
3+ years as a competitive swimmer
2+ years coaching experience
Ability to motivate and excite young athletes about the sport of swimming
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with swimmers of all ages and their parents
Be proficient in all swim skills and be able to teach all stroke techniques
Have a wide range of tools to use for training all aspects of competitive swimming
Encourage proper sportsmanship and good teammate behavior at all times
Develop and maintain strong relationships within the community that support OAC
Develop and maintain recruiting avenues to help build the team
HOW TO APPLY:
Please e-mail your cover letter with a summary of your coaching experience, resume, and references to
[email protected] or e-mail us for more information.
with Cherokee Town & Country Club
Job Summary: Responsible for coaching the Cherokee Swim Team and providing assistance to the Head Swim Team Coach. This is a seasonal position for a summer league which lasts April – July (including pre and post-season). Applicants MUST BE available on the following dual meet dates: Tuesday, May 30, Monday, June 5, Monday, June 12, Monday, June 19, Monday June 26, Sunday July 2.
- Attends all practice sessions fro the swim team, April through Mid-July.
- Responsible for hands-on swimming skill development of all swim team participants.
- Assists in organizing swim meets, including but not limited to: meet prep work, assisting individual swimmers, recording and posting start times, and post-race ribbon distribution.
- Assists in the day-to-day running of the swim team including Hy-Tek, Team Unify, communication with parents (emails, updates), attendance board, line-ups, record-keeping, and administrative duties.
- Assists in ordering and distribution of merchandise, trophies, posters, banners, awards, and other items as needed.
- Motivates swimmers to achieve individual goals and promotes team spirit.
- Follow and know the rules of the Country Club Swim League (CCSL).
- Demonstrates and encourages good sportsmanship for Cherokee swimmers and opponents.
- Assists will all age groups including Indians (4 – 14 year olds), Braves (3.5 – 5 year olds), and Junior Braves 3 – 4 year olds).
- Required to attend all meets, time trials, and social events.
- May teach private, semi-private, and group swim lessons to Cherokee’s youth after coaching responsibilities are met.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
– Experience in coaching all ages and levels of swimmers.
– Good general knowledge of the sport of swimming.
– At least three years experience in being a head or assistant swim team coach.
– First Aid/CPR/AED Certification.
Head Swim Coach
with SA Aquatic and Leisure Centre
Now is an exciting time to be joining the SA Aquatic and Leisure Centres High Performance Program. With a successful campaign at the 2016 RIO Olympics, a new strategic structure with a renewed focus for developing high performance athletes in line with the South Australian Sports Institute is in place.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Head Coach and Program Manager will lead the overall high performance program to enable consistent and sustainable performances in line with the whole-of-sport high performance program vision, goals and operational plans.
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Strong customer service focus
- Capability for innovative and strategic thinking
- Ability to provide leadership within a team environment
- Ability to conduct themselves professionally in a range of mentor/mentee relationships
- Ability to act with discretion and diplomacy in sensitive situations
- Capability to undertaking regular travel throughout Australia and on occasion, internationally.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Extremely well organised and ability to manage conflicting demands and pressures
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Strong and Effective Leadership Skills
- An ability to problem solve quickly and to implement these solutions effectively.
- Ability to meet deadlines and priorities tasks
- Strategic planning
- Strong stake holder relationship values
Knowledge and Experience
- Well-developed knowledge and understanding of contemporary trends in world swimming
- Knowledge of the Australian Coaching sporting structures
- Capacity to engage with and motivate both male and female athletes.
- Recent experience in developing, implementing and monitoring training programs.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to manage individual differences and group dynamics.
- Strong planning, analytical and reporting skills
- Significant experience and demonstrated success coaching at a national level.
- Experience and proven capability in the holistic development of young athletes
- Current ASCTA Silver Level Coaching Licence and above
- Apply First Aid & CPR
- Child Safe Environments
- Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (Completion upon successful applications)
- Relevant human movement / physical education or similar tertiary qualifications desirable.