with YMCA Westside Silver Fins
The YMCA Westside Silver Fins is seeking a Head Age Group Coach who demonstrates leadership and responsibility for the administration of all aspects relating to the age group programs of the club. The Head Age Group Coach will be involved in all aspects of the YWSF program, including (but not limited to) scheduling, seasonal planning, training, performance, and safety.
- Develop, plan and implement a comprehensive, competitive program aimed at athletes aged 14 and younger.
- Plan and conduct 3-4 hours per day of on-deck coaching, including dryland practices, working with our Gold and Pre-Senior Groups as well overseeing the Fins I, Fins II, Bronze and Silver Groups.
- Communicate effectively with parents, swimmers, and other coaches through email, phone and face to face meetings.
- Coordinate and develop group goals and curriculum discussed with the head coach.
- Upkeep of YWSF team records on Team Unify
- Filling in for other coaching groups as needed
- Develop and present season plan to Head Coach
- Maintain up-to-date performance reports on age group athletes from practices and swim meets attended and present in a report to the Head Coach.
- Coordinate online meet entries (Team Unify) for both the Gold and Pre-Senior Groups as well as relays for all YWSF Groups.
- Attend all scheduled swim meets, meetings, and team functions as required by the YMCA and YWSF.
- Help set up and breakdown of all home hosted swim meets.
- Assist Head Coach and YWSF Coordinator with planning seasonal practice times and meet schedules.
- Must work 3-4 hours per day from YWSF Swim Team office.
- Perform swimmer assessments for group movement and placement as needed.
- Coordinate with other coaches to ensure a seamless transition when swimmers advance to the next group.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information, including: creation and production of materials
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
Other Related Responsibilities
- Secondary areas of responsibility are teaching private swim lessons when needed
- Assist lifeguards in maintaining a safe facility
- Assist lifeguards in the closing of the pool Monday through Friday night and after home hosted swim meets.
- Plan and execute team-building and social functions.
- Contribute to content of YWSF and YMCA weekly and monthly newsletters.
- Submit website updates to Head Coach for approval.
- Meet with Head Coach / Assistant Coaches weekly.
- Carry out facility operations, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of successful experience as an Age Group coach with a USA Swimming team
- Must possess the knowledge and ability to teach all competitive strokes, rules and regulations to team members.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Positive and energetic presence with a passion for teaching technique.
- Proficiency with Team Unify web services, meet entries, and communication.
- Current CPR Pro, First Aid, AED, Emergency Oxygen, Coaches Safety and Safe Sport certifications and membership in good standing with USA Swimming. YMCA Principles of Competitive Swimming and Diving.
with Calvert Aquatics Club
Calvert Aquatics Club is the fastest growing USA Swimming Team in south of Maryland Maryland and is looking to further support our mission by hiring 2 additional coaches for our Pre-competitive Groups.
This role calls for an energetic, fun-loving person who is a team player and enjoys providing excellent customer service—and has the natural ability to put a smile on the faces of children & parents. The primary coaching responsibility for this position will be preparing the 6 to 12 year old swimmers for the Age group program.
This is an awesome opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children and their families! If you love kids, and know how to swim–contact us! People with experience in coaching sports and/or swim are ideal.
Requirements Minimum Qualifications:
- USA-Swimming Coach Certification or ability to obtain prior to employment
(Requirements: Candidates MUST have current CPR+AED, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, and Lifeguard Certifications. Completion of the USA Swimming background check and APT is mandatory, as well as Fundamentals of Coaching 101/102 and Rules & Regulations for Swim Coaches (as needed) within 4 weeks of hire date)
- Competitive swimming experience (either coaching or as an athlete)
- Commitment to the pursuit of excellence
- Passion for learning and leading
Any Other Important Details:
To be considered, you must be able to work the following shifts:
~ Monday through Friday from 5 pm – 6:30 pm based on group assigned ( minimum 2 days a week)
~ Attend meets once per month.
with Stingray Swim Club
The primary coaching responsibility for this position will be preparing the 10 to 13 year old swimmers for the senior and high performance groups. Swimmers will need to be introduced to and begin implementing complex training concepts. The pre-senior ‘Gold Group’ has six 2 hour swimming sessions per week and three 30 min dryland sessions per week. The position will require the coach to plan and guide all 9 sessions.
Other coaching responsibilities will include assisting the head coach with the more junior groups as well as the senior program. Three training groups exist in the senior program and coaching assignments will be at the discretion of the head coach.
In addition, responsibilities include coaching at all scheduled meets (both on island and overseas), management of meet entries and results, maintenance of the Team Unify website, and routine administration assignments for the club.
with Nebraska Aquatics
Nebraska Aquatics (NA) in Lincoln, Nebraska is seeking a strong and energetic leader to serve as an Assistant Coach for our growing USA swim team. NA’s current membership is comprised of about 70 athletes (ages 6-18), spanning all competitive levels. NA’s Mission is to develop swimmers to their fullest capabilities while also teaching life balance, sportsmanship and dedication to the rewarding sport of competitive swimming.
Candidates must be available to coach at least 2 nights per week.
- Previous competitive swimming background
- Must be able to communicate effectively with swimmers, parents and other coaches
- Must be passionate about swimming and youth development
- Must fulfill all USA Swimming Coach Requirements
- Must pass a USA Swimming background check
Salary: Would be commensurate with a candidate’s level of experience (Minimum $13 per hr).
Benefits: Nebraska Aquatics covers all required continuing education costs, reimburses for travel to meets outside Lincoln and also pays for all required USA Swimming certifications.
If interested, please email [email protected]
with YMCA of Central Massachusetts
Do you have a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills? Do you enjoy being responsible and are you certified in Lifeguarding and able to provide supervision and safety of all in a pool environment? Is having the ability to help a child/adult overcome obstacles and grow important to you? If so, The YMCA of Central Massachusetts, Boroughs Family Branch is looking for you to join our amazing Aquatics Team! Hours available are Mondays –Fridays 8:00am-3:00pm, and Fridays 3pm- close, starting immediately.
Current lifeguard certifications preferred but not required. Training will be provided to interested candidates. Minimum age to work is 16 years.
Benefits for part-time staff include a free individual membership for anyone working six or more hours per week and further training opportunities.
The YMCA of Central Massachusetts provides an environment that reflects, respects and celebrates our differences and embraces the richness of our diversity
with Blackhawk Country Club - HOX Swim Team
Blackhawk Country Club HOX Swim Team is a highly accomplished competitive recreational swim team in Danville CA. The program has state of the art swimming facilities and a dedicated group of 300+ swimmers. We offer training in the spring and fall with the primary competitive season in the summer.
We are seeking an experienced Head Age Group Coach to join the program for at least the spring and summer seasons. This role will help lead the age group coaching for the team in the pool, during dry land training and at swim meets. They will work closely with the Aquatics Director/Head Coach to deliver high quality practices, dry land training, private lessons, and ensure the swimmers are prepared for the meets.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background as a swim coach, competitive swimmer, the ability to engage with swimmers of all levels and ages, and experience providing private swim lessons.
The program offers competitive compensation commensurate with the experience of the candidate. Salary is based on seasonal commitment with additional seasons available if desired.
with Fitter and Faster
Fitter & Faster Swim Tour is the premier elite level swim clinic and swim video operation in the United States.
Our mission is to provide fun learning experiences for competitive swimmers of all ages and abilities in person and online.
Since 2009, we have produced in excess of 1,000 clinics in 40 states and Canada. More than 125,000 swimmers, parents and coaches have attended our clinics. Almost 100 elite level swimmers including 50+ Olympians & Paralympians who won more than 100 Olympic & Paralympic medals have led Fitter and Faster clinics
Job Responsibilities: As a Sales Representative for Fitter & Faster, you will be responsible for identifying and lead generation of New Clinic Locations and Hosts. You will be responsible for identifying new potential clinics as well as scheduling clinics with prior hosts. You will present and promote pertinent information to generate new clinics in a geographical location that will promote lucrative clinics. You will use SalesForce as a CRM tool.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- We’re looking for a results-driven sales representative to actively seek out and engage customer prospects.
- Must have minimum of 2 plus years of business to business sales experience with a track record of success.
- Must be Proficient with Sales Force as a CRM
- Prefer a background/knowledge of Swimming
- Candidate must live in the Northern Virginia, DC or Baltimore MD region.
All interested candidates please email Lisa Sommer an updated copy of your resume to [email protected].
with Golden West Swim Club
The Golden West Swim Club (GWSC) trains in a word-class 50-meter swim complex in Huntington Beach, CA (Surf City USA). The GWSC has an immediate opening for a part-time Age Group/Assistant Coach. This position requires both on deck coaching (~20-30 hours a week) and 1-2 weekend meets per month.
Desired Qualifications for Age Group Coach:
- 2 + years coaching experience and/or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level
- Current USA Swimming Coach Certifications
- Strong administrative, communication and organizational skills with swimmers and parents
- Desire and passion for developing swimmers of all ages
- Expertise with technique development and training
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated team player
- Understanding of various social media platforms for promoting team communication
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience and education
- Health benefits (eligibility requires 30+ hours per week)
- Vacation pay
- Reimbursement for professional development
To find out more about our swim club, please visit our website at www.goldenwestswimclub.org
with Duke University
Duke University is seeking a qualified candidate for the Volunteer Assistant Swimming & Diving Coach Position. This position will assist the Swimming & Diving program with the organizing, planning and coaching of the Swimming & Diving team.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior collegiate swimming experience preferably at the Division I level required
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Knowledge of intercollegiate sports operations
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic and diverse university setting
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: assisting the head and assistant coaches in daily operations; on-deck coaching duties, video analysis, alumni relations, and administrative duties.
with Lemont Park District
The Aquatics Supervisor is responsible for the planning, coordinating and supervision of all aquatics operations for both the indoor and outdoor aquatic facilities and associated programs including, but not limited to, employee training, special events, scheduling, aquatics programming, cash handling, budgeting, record keeping, purchasing, concessions, splash parties, rentals, groups and facility operations.
Coordinates District’s aquatic splash party and pool groups/rental program for both the indoor and outdoor pools. Works closely with safety program to develop effective risk management reports and practices. This is an at-will position.
Bachelors’ Degree in Recreation Administration, Physical/Health Education or related field. Minimum of three years’ experience in Aquatics Management preferred or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training. CPRP preferred. Microsoft Word and Excel skills required. Experience in programming and pool operations required. Must hold, or be able to attain Lifeguard Instructor, CPR/AED and First Aid certifications. Must have a valid Illinois Driver’s License and be able to provide own transportation.
with Eagle Swimming Association
Head Age Group (5-14 yr olds) Salary $20,000 – 30,000
(Age Group 3 -4 and Developmental Group – based on experience, history,
A swimmers & below) resume & recommendations
Eagle Swimming Association is seeking a highly motivated and energetic coach to fill the role of Head Age Group Coach. The ideal candidate will have high energy and passion for swimming, be charismatic and personable, be knowledgeable about technique and stroke mechanics of the sport and be willing to grow with Eagle Swimming Association. This coach will support and carry out the mission of Eagle Swimming Association and Philosophy the of the Head Coach.
- ASCA Level II or above.
- Must have (or obtain before being on deck) certifications in Adult & Pediatric/Child CPR and AED, as well as Safety Training for Swim Coaches (STSC).
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Minimum of 1 yrs. coaching experience
- Passionate about swimming & teaching & development of younger/newer athletes.
- Knowledge of competitive swimming and all swimming strokes (Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly, Freestyle)
- Must possess/be able to demonstrate:
- leadership skills,
- Decision making ability (in interest of athletes & organization),
- Timely & professional communication (written & verbal) with coaches, parents and swimmers,
- & be willing to follow directives from Head Coach.
- Must possess problem-solving skills and have the capability to act rationally and calmly in all situations.
- Ability to work with and maintain professional relationships with staff & high school coaches.
- Must have a working knowledge of Team Unify & Hytek.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for developing our Age Group program swimmers (ages 5-14 – AAAA swimmers & below) to be ready to compete at the Age Group Championship Meets.
- Work collaboratively with the head coach to develop and follow through on program goals to enhance a club that is consistently trying to meet its mission/vision while always trying to innovate.
- Assist Sr coach as needed.
- Supervise swimmers in the pool area at all times.
- Responsible for helping maintain a safe atmosphere by adhering to all USA swimming rules and regulations and providing positive and constructive feedback to our swimmers and parents.
- Must show the ability to work with and communicate well with all age group parents and athletes.
- Greet, acknowledge, and interact with members at all times.
- Create an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants.
- Initiate, develop, and maintain positive relationships with all participants
- Provide a safe, clean and organized pool are
- Aiding head coach with the Setting calendar – practice & meet schedules
- Aiding head coach with staffing and staff schedules
- Staff mentoring & development (including professional development)
- Aiding head coach with Team / organization planning & development (including help starting & staffing a learn to swim program)
- Meet entries for Age groups swimmers
- Manage our Age Group travel trip(s)
- Maintain team practice and master calendars and reporting the monthly calendar to our school district (rental) liaison.
- Vacation upon request (two weeks in August and one in March built in as well as one during our Thanksgiving or Holiday Break).]
with Benbrook Community Center YMCA Barracudas
The Benbrook Community Center YMCA is looking for a new leader to coach the 170 participant Benbrook Barracuda Swim Team and provide general support to the aquatics department. This leader will drive the participant experience by leading the coaching staff and creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for swimmers and their families. The ideal candidate must possess a mix of relationship-building skills with technical knowledge needed to lead the swim team. This leader will need the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community while articulating the Y’s purpose, mission, and demonstrating the Y’s character values.
Education and Experience
- USA Swimming Certified Coaching Credential (preferred).
- High School diploma or GED.
- 2 years’ experience in coaching / aquatics.
- Experience as a supervisor strongly preferred.
- Friendly, outgoing with the ability to relate and communicate well with individuals and the ability to make sound judgments.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, oral and multicultural communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Have high energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail and high degree of initiative.
- Possess excellent computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel. Ability to utilize other YMCA membership programs, such as Daxko and learn new systems as deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with participants and parents; helps them connect with each other and the YMCA. Encourages parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
- Manage aquatics programs, enrollments and registrations, marketing of program and member/participant experience. Monitor program usage, check-in and service procedures, cancellations and changes. Ensure the accurate processing and management of program software systems including DAXKO and others.
- Provides direct coaching and instruction to swim team participants on and other coaches, ensuring proper technique and quality coaching.
- Conveys information on aquatics programs and schedules and as appropriate refers participants and parents to other programs.
- Maintains records as required (i.e. attendance, progress reports, etc.).
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Track program usage, inquiries, terminations, etc.; prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports and schedules; collect and distribute program evaluations; conduct quality checks and satisfaction surveys.
- Assist with member relations and involvement, complaints and concerns related to the aquatics department. Responsible for new program sign-ups, and program needs. May process financial assistance requests.
- Assist with the hiring, training, scheduling and supervision of staff. Attend regular staff meetings and assist as needed. Ensure program requirements are enforced.
- Assist with promoting program awareness through publications, marketing materials and member promotion programs. Participate in community/facility events.
- Assist with fundraising and special event efforts; serve as a staff liaison for fundraising team. Provide staff leadership for branch special events.
with Gulliver Swim School
Gulliver Schools is currently looking for Part-Time Swim Lesson Instructors. The candidate must have current certifications in CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, and First Aid. Swim America experience is preferred. Candidate must be able to follow correct teaching methods as directed by the Site Supervisor and Swim School Director and assist in the set-up of the facility for daily classes. Provide a fun and positive atmosphere while teaching. Maintain a high level of awareness to ensure your students safety during lesson time and communicate appropriately and positively with all students and their guardians. The position will be at the Academy Campus, which has a 6 lane 25 yard pool and a separate 3 lane teaching pool. Hours are 2-6pm Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Wednesdays 1:30-6pm and Saturdays 9am-12noon.
$12 hourly start pay rate. Other job opportunities and increase pay rate available after 2 weeks training is completed and with Director’s approval.
with LIFE TIME ATHLETIC
The Head Site Coach is in charge all training, assistant coaches and site-specific admin at their home site (1 of 8 location in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex). They develop positive relationships with swimmers and members, promote the program in order to generate participation and coordinate all swim team activities to work cooperatively with the rest of the team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads and coaches young swimmers in swimming at daily practices
- Responds to member questions regarding Life Time’s programs, policies and procedures in a timely, professional manner
- Promotes all Life Time programs, products and services
- Initiates, develops, and maintains positive relationships with participants
- Creates a fun and inviting learning environment to ensure a positive member experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a similar role
- USA Swimming Certification
- Ability to communicate and exchange information with guests who have inquiries about Life Time products and services
- Ability to work in a stationery position and move about the club for prolonged periods of time
- American Swimming Coaches Association Member
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
with Tollefson Swimming
Tollefson Swimming is looking for a motivated, dedicated coach to join our coaching staff. Please inquire further to learn more about the age group coach position and the senior coach position. Coaching responsibilities include preparing and administering all practices, attending monthly meets as well as championship meets, communicating effectively with swimmers and parents, and administrative responsibilities, including preparing meet entries and planning for practices, meets and social activities. The coach should share Tollefson Swimming’s passion for a strong technical foundation and individual attention while also bringing fresh and new ideas to the team.