Date posted: February 7, 2023
Location: Greensboro, NC, USA
with Swim GSA
The head coach will foster positive relationships and communicate well with coaching staff, swimmers, and parents. The candidate will be responsible for overall team management, including training programs, pool/practice schedules, supervising coaches ensuring compliance with policies and procedures, and conducting staff meetings, as well as other functions. The Assistant Swim Team Coach is responsible for on deck instruction and coaching of swimmers. Responsibilities include communicating with the board of directors and assistance coaches with day-to-day operations. Every position at Swim GSA upholds principles that are central to the mission of Swim GSA program by modeling behaviors that reflect our team values, identity, and culture.
Pay Range: Salaried position commensurate with experience. Bonus will be based on performance, retention, and growth of membership.
Hours: Full Time
- Morning, Evening and Weekend Practices
- Swim Meets
- Daily Hours Administrative Tasks
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Head Coach experience preferred
- Current USA swimming coaching certifications, preferably with head coaching experience. Preferred ASCA Level 3 or higher.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all members of the team.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with ability to communicate with swimmers, parents, coaches, parent board and contracted facilities
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge Hy-Tek and TeamUnify team management platforms, as well as Office suite programs
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with officials, administrators, employees, swimmers, parents and coaches.
- Knowledge of Safe Sport policies and procedures
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Candidates must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Instruct swimmers in 4 competitive strokes, starts, turns and interval training.
- Encourage participation in swim meets and other team activities.
- Work at all Swim GSA hosted meets and selected travel meets, as needed.
- Handle administrative tasks such as attendance, promoting swim meets and assisting with meet entries, etc.
- Attend educational activities and clinics.
- Inclusion: Value all individuals for their unique talents and actively promote diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence.
- Communication: Effectively communicate with all individuals in a way that engages, inspires, and builds a safe, welcoming team spirit.
- Development: engage in both self-development and encourage it from all individuals
Date posted: February 7, 2023
Location: 171 Baylor School Road, Chattanooga, TN, USA
with Baylor School
Baylor School, a prestigious college preparatory school comprised of both day and boarding students located in Chattanooga, TN, is hiring an Assistant Swim Coach. This person will be an integral part of the staff at a variety of levels to build up the rich traditions and success of this program – dedicated to excellence in the classroom, in the pool, and in strong character development of our Student-Athletes.
Position Purpose: To assist the Head Coach and Baylor School Swimming & Diving programs as well as the Baylor Swim Club in administrative and coaching tasks. This is a full-time position that will assist in coaching the Baylor School Varsity team and will be the Lead Coach for the Baylor Swim Club – Senior Group. The high school team consists of approximately 50, 9-12th grade student-athletes while the club is approximately 175+ athletes, ages 5-18.
- Assist the Head Coach in all facets of the program.
- Collaboration with the other staff members and the Baylor School Athletic Department staff to incorporate the mission of the Baylor School within the swimming program and engagement with the full Baylor program.
- Collaborate with the Head Coach on seasonal plans that align with the competitive strategy of all student-athletes including season planning, daily practices, strength and conditioning, and competition.
- Ability to work closely with the admissions department and prospective day and boarding student athletes and their families.
- Engage in continuous professional development as a coach and mentor.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university required.
- Swimming or Coaching experience at the national or international level strongly preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience coaching, mentoring, and developing swimmers of a wide range of abilities.
- Possess high work ethic, positive attitude, and professionalism.
- All candidates must meet current USA Swimming coaching requirements to be a registered non-athlete.
- Effective knowledge of digital productivity solutions – Microsoft Office, Social Media, and Swimming Specific Tools: Team Unify, Meet Manager, etc.
- Candidates must complete a Baylor Pre-employment Background Check prior to employment.
Date posted: February 7, 2023
International Swimming Nutrition Company is looking for someone to work closely and directly with the owner on all aspects of:
- Social media
- Website content
- Interaction with Internationally sponsored sportsmen and women
Applicant must be a quick learner, possess strong creative writing and communication skills, and have a working knowledge of Social media platforms.
Work Experience, Nutritional knowledge and both a swimming and web design backgrounds a plus.
Applicant may work remotely, flexible hours, salary commensurate with experience.
Date posted: February 6, 2023
Location: 1105 Parkway Drive, Goldsboro, NC, USA
with Goldsboro Family YMCA Sharks
Job Title: Head Competitive Swim Team Coach
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit charitable organization committed to strengthening the community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. The full-time Head Competitive Swim Coach position will oversee the GOLD Sharks swim team, an established,
growing, year-round competitive program affiliated with USA Swimming, North Carolina Swimming, and YMCA
Swimming, which serves a wide range of swimmer ages, abilities and ethnicities. This dynamic program offers
a competitive youth swim team, Swim Academy and the GOLD Masters swim team. The essential functions
will be carried out in keeping with the goals and mission of the Goldsboro Family YMCA, intentionally fostering
a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined.
$36,000 – $45,000 with competitive benefits package based on experience and qualifications.
The Goldsboro Family YMCA, located one hour east of Raleigh and 90 minutes from the North Carolina coast,
features a spacious main building which houses one of the largest aquatic centers in North Carolina including
an 8-lane, indoor 50-meter competition pool with spectator gallery, as well as a four lane, 25-yard warm
water therapy pool.
• Establishes a team culture that promotes sportsmanship, character development and parallels with the
YMCA mission statement: “To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy
spirit, mind and body for all.”
• Leads the swim team staff, provides supervision, mentoring and evaluations of assistants, and hires staff
• Creates and implements practice workouts designed to develop swimmers while inspiring them to
maximize individual potential, as they learn and grow in a positive, enthusiastic, fun environment.
• Together with GOLD Parent Committee and staff, 1) hosts and organizes 3-5 swim meets annually (serves
as Meet Director, submits and carries out meet sanctions, secures volunteer support, recruits teams to
participate in home meets, promotes meets locally); 2) secures financial support and gift in kind
donations; 3) schedules practices, meets, promotional events and team events.
• Ensures that all USA Swimming and YMCA Swimming rules are followed and that the program abides by
all Safe Sport regulations.
• Actively recruits program participants and volunteers in the community. Promotes GOLD Swimming and
the sport of swimming locally through opportunities such as operating summer swim camps and summer
swim league, and teaching clinics for high school swimmers and their coaches and supporting them
throughout their season.
• Communicates team information regularly to parents via parent meetings, zoom meetings, and weekly
emails and maintains team website and social media. Ensures that the GOLD Swimming team handbook is
current and distributed to team families.
• Manages all administrative functions of the swim team including submission of meet entries, athlete and
team registrations, management of team records and record boards, team finances and budget, etc., and
purchases swim team t-shirts, swim caps, meet awards, supplies and equipment.
• Attends North Carolina Swimming LSC meetings such as House of Delegates and YMCA coaches’ meetings
(either virtually or in person).
• Maintains USA Swimming and YMCA Swimming coaching certifications.
• Builds professional working relationships with YMCA staff, team parents, officials, coaches from other
• Performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
• Inclusion: Embraces all dimensions of diversity by treating all people with dignity, compassion, and
respect; creates a safe environment in which others feel welcome and respected.
• Volunteerism: Shows appreciation and respect for the time, talent, and
contributions of all volunteers.
• Collaboration: Develops & maintains positive relationships with volunteers, members, program
participants and peers at all levels of the organization.
• Critical Thinking & Decision Making: Makes informed decisions based on logic, data, and sound
• Innovation: Explores new ideas, remaining open to new ways of thinking and approaching problems;
improves quickly and appropriately when faced with unexpected circumstances.
• Program & Project Management: Explores new ideas, remaining open to new ways of thinking and
approaching problems; improvises quickly and appropriately when faced with unexpected circumstances.
• Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level
of accomplishment; uses best practices, guidelines as a framework to improve performance; demonstrates
up-to-date knowledge and skills associated with the job; serves with purpose and passion; meets all
required job requirements listed on job description and outlined in department handbook.
Research shows that some candidates apply only if they meet all of the job criteria. If you have passion and intelligence,
even if you are missing some of the below requirements, we encourage you to apply to further discuss your skill set.
• Current Lifeguard/First Aid Certification
• Coach’s Safety Training or willingness to achieve within first month of hire.
• Must be at least 21 years of age and have reliable transportation. Travel is required
• Active USA Swimming Coach certification or willingness to achieve within one month of hire.
• Minimum 2 years of experience coaching with either YMCA or USA Swimming is preferred.
• Accuracy and time management skills are essential.
• Strong desire to succeed. Eager to learn and be a team player. High level of understanding of the
sport to include but not limited to: governance, athletic training, skill development, swimmer
motivation, swimmer education, training plans, parent involvement, competition, and team
• Basic computer skills including email, Hy-tek/Meet Management, Team Unify, MS Office; Daxko
Operations and Daxko Engage.
• Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Strong organizational and verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate with and instruct children ages 5-18.
• Proven problem solver. Strong track record as a technical swim coach with strong leadership skills.
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the
employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather).
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up
to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; walk
and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or
Date posted: February 6, 2023
Sports Marketing Representative- New England (NY, MA, CT, RI, NH, VT, ME)
Remote Position with 40% travel. Incumbent residing within territory limits, preferably Boston Area or Connecticut.
WE ARE SPEEDO
The world’s leading swimwear brand, Speedo is passionate about life in and around the water. The brand’s heritage of innovation derives from its leadership in competitive swimming, where more Olympic Gold Medals have been won in Speedo than any other brand. Unmatched in performance, fit and feel, we are also America’s #1 goggle brand.
From the first splash, to every stroke, the genuine love and excitement we have working with the water is what creates exciting and meaningful relationships.
Speedo is not where we work, but is who we are.
It’s watching a baby in the pool for the first time or our athletes make history. What we do is sacred to us and our connection to the rest of water lovers around the world. Driven by the challenge, not the glory. At Speedo, it is never enough to be good at what you do; you have to love what you do.
Speedo is a part of the Pentland Brands Limited Family.
Building brands for the world to love, generation after generation.
Pentland Brands Limited is the name behind some of the world’s best sports, outdoor and lifestyle brands. It owns Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, ellesse, SeaVees, Red or Dead and Mitre. It is the UK licensee for Kickers and has a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear. Its products are available in over 190 countries and are sold either directly by Group companies or are represented by licensees and distributors.
As a family business, we believe every individual has the power to help shape our future. Your potential is our potential and together we can build and grow brands that last.
Manage contract deliverables for sponsored teams, athletes and coaches. Actively drive team sales through sponsorship and promotional programs. Support sales and accounts at events.
- Identify and create new team contracts to leverage sponsorships within local swim teams markets
- Review details of sponsorship contracts and agreements with Speedo coaches
- Review and carryout sponsorship details, event outfitting, event participation with Speedo sales reps and Team Dealers
- Carryout sponsorship details, event outfitting, event participation with sponsored teams
- Coordinate orders through B2B sponsored team website for equipment for teams attending National meets
- Maintain team sponsorship database, with all Team and Coach contract deliverables, financial responsibilities and coach/team contact details
- Assist in forecasting potential promotional items and product needs for Speedo incentive programs
- Reference contracts for all outfitting to ensure teams staying within contract allotment
- Following up with teams, dealers and reps regarding outstanding orders
- Maintain team sponsorship database with order numbers, team notes, remaining support allowance
- Coordinate all Team sales details with AE and Team Dealer, yearly
- Present contracts in person to decision makers, ensuring all parties understand obligations in full and how they will be fulfilled
- Review contracts regularly ensuring obligations are being met by all parties
- Effectively manage the travel budget to optimize team visits and swim meet responsibilities
- Present product line to Teams yearly to confirm outfitting which should be shared with Team Dealer
- Work with AE, Team Dealer and Sports Marketing Manager to identify new teams
- Review all aspects of Speedo sponsorship programs, contracts and teams / coaches under agreement with Team Dealers
- Coordinate with Sales Rep and Sports Marketing Manager to manage information, sponsorship and promotional programs with Team Dealer Ambassadors
- Engage with partners on the pool deck and events. make contact and build relationships with coaches, athletes and event personnel
- Maintain a professional appearance at all events and meetings
- Attend industry events, National/Local swim meets and tradeshows
- Work with selected accounts and sales reps at various events to promote brand
- Assist with on-site booth set-up, merchandising and restocking
- Work with Athlete Coordinator to organize on-site athlete appearances and leverage appearances in the local competitive swimming community
- Coordinate local market promotions linked to events and clinics
- Coordinate Speedo role with organizing committee to maximize brand presence
- Coordinate with AE on local marketing promotions linked to events and clinics
- Liaison to athletes and coaches in development and testing
- Link to merchandising department on technical product development and feedback from the field
- Coordinate branding and launch of new product with respect to athletes, teams, coaches, events and dealers
- Assist in forecasting potential promotional items and product needs for Speedo incentive programs
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3- 5 years’ experience in Competitive Swimming and detailed knowledge of the swim industry
- Bachelor’s degree, in a related field of study, or equivalent functional experience
- Flexible and adaptable in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and complete projects
- Strong communication, presentation skills
- Retail math skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Outside sales and support role with basic office responsibilities.
- Physically need to support events by lifting up to 25lbs, standing long periods of time.
- Heavy computer and phone use
- Private and public speaking required
- Travel 40%
- The position is based in within selected territory
Pay Range: $60,000 – $65,000 annually
Base pay is a portion of our total compensation package and determined within a range that allows growth and development within your role. Your base pay will be determined based on experience, skills and qualifications.
Speedo and Pentland Brands are an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, we have a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, applicants are asked not to disclose salary history information.
Date posted: February 6, 2023
Location: Prince William County, VA, USA
with Prince William Swim Club
The Prince William Swim Club is looking for an energetic and motivated individual to serve as the Head Coach, working with the PWSC Board of Directors to provide leadership, structure, and direction of the club. The Head Coach reports directly to the Board of Directors. The ideal candidate will have an outgoing personality; a growth mindset that works well with our swimmers, other coaches, and parents; valuing the PWSC mission, goals, and intent. This position requires early morning, evening, and weekend work depending on the swim schedule, with approximately 25-30 hours on deck each week. The Head Coach will directly coach and oversee the Senior Groups, consisting of 30-50 swimmers and up to 250 swimmers in the club as a whole. The Head Coach may have to augment coaching to the other groups, if required. The Head Coach also shall hire, retain, and oversee necessary part-time coaching staff along with an Assistant Coach, that coach various age group swimmers at multiple sites. The Head Coach will provide necessary supervision and conduct parent engagement to resolve issues that were unable to be resolved at the lower coaching levels.
- Responsible for the day-to-day coaching operations, hands on guidance and involvement in all aspects of the PWSC, including working with swimmers, parents, coaching staff.
- Responsible for team administration duties, as necessary and all aspects of team management.
- Plan and conduct 2-4 hours per day of on-deck coaching, coaching the Senior group (ages 14+) and Junior Swimmers for up to 2 practice groups or as required.
- Effectively coach various age group levels, setting a strong, positive, enthusiastic, and highly energetic tone for all age groups, as needed.
- Oversee and mentor a variety of experienced part-time coaching staff, with diverse backgrounds, ensuring staff are well prepared and supported in the execution of their duties.
- Ensure coaching staff are up to date on all certifications and requirements, providing opportunities for continued development.
- Coordinate and develop group goals and curriculum.
- Maintain up-to-date performance reports on senior group athletes.
- Communicate effectively with parents, swimmers, and other coaches through a variety of oral and written communication methods to ensure members are well informed of activities and deadlines.
- Plan annual practice and meet schedules.
- Organization and submission of swim meet entries to meet hosts by stated deadlines.
- Attend all scheduled swim meets (1-2 weekends per month), meetings, and team functions as required.
- Conduct swimmer assessments for group placement.
- Other associated duties as may be required.
Requirements and Compensation:
Applicants should have a competitive swimming background and experience with coaching, mentoring, and working with swimmers of all ages and abilities. Must be able to obtain and maintain USA Swimming Membership requirements to include Lifeguarding/First Aid and CPR, Coaches Safety, Safe Sport and concussion certifications and membership in good standing with USA Swimming. Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check. Additional training through USA Swimming may be necessary.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (exercise science, education, or related field).
- Minimum of 3 years’ successful experience as a Lead Age Group Coach or higher with a USA Swimming team.
- Demonstrated experience with swimmer development at the national level and swimmer retention and recruitment.
- ASCA Level 2 certification or above.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships with coaches, board of directors, parents, and pool operators, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated proficiency with SWIMS, Team Unify and Hy-Tek, meet entries, and
communication and communication tools such as use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Compensation: Compensation commensurate with experience.
Date posted: February 6, 2023
Location: 541 Main St, New London, New Hampshire, USA
with Colby-Sawyer College
Who We Are
Colby-Sawyer College is a comprehensive liberal arts-based institution located in the scenic Lake Sunapee area of New Hampshire. We have friendly people, beautiful nature, and small-town amenities and shops. We are located about 35 minutes south of Dartmouth College and just 1 hour 30 minutes from Boston. For more information see Lake Sunapee Region Chamber of Commerce, NH.
We strive to always be a people-first organization. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment for all employees. If you are looking for a place where you will feel welcome and that you belong, Colby-Sawyer College is that place.
Colby-Sawyer is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the institution. Applicants are encouraged to share what they can offer and how they can help us to achieve and maintain these values in their cover letter.
Colby-Sawyer College seeks to hire a Head Coach, Swimming and Diving / Aquatics Coordinator to direct its successful swimming and diving program, which competes as an NCAA Division III program as a member of the Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC). This includes practice and competition coaching, recruiting student-athletes, design and implementation of training plans, and advising and mentoring student-athletes. Successful candidate will also manage the operation of the aquatics facility, activities, swimming programs, and lifeguards.
- Recruit student-athletes: maintain up-to-date files of prospective students; evaluate athletic performance and meet with prospective students; participate in special department recruitment programs/activities.
- Perform key program planning functions for assigned team(s), including: training, conditioning of athletes, monitoring academic and personal development through program evaluations, in conjunction with the mission and culture of the college and in consultation with the Director of Athletics.
- Plan and schedule all aquatic programming for the Hogan Sports Center (HSC), including pool programs, Lifeguard certification courses, swim lessons, and water aerobics for HSC members, Colby-Sawyer students, staff, and faculty. In consultation with HSC Director, coordinate outside use of pool.
- Plan and carry out team practice sessions, coach team during contests, arrange travel when necessary, model good sportsmanship and positive social interactions at all times.
- Perform various administrative tasks for the program: plan and monitor budget; maintain inventory of, and project expenses related to equipment and uniforms and coordinate program schedule.
- Maintain standards necessary to retain state pool license.
- Prepare facilities for programs, practices and home contests.
- Maintain strict compliance with all college, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Assist Admissions staff in recruiting efforts as needed.
- Observe safety requirements. Report safety issues and items requiring work orders to supervisor or security.
- Work effectively with all college employees and students.
- Demeanor to deal effectively with students, parents, high school coaches and other college athletics personnel, and other CSC personnel in carrying out the recruitment and coaching aspects of the job.
- Serve as lifeguard if the pool is scheduled to be open and coverage cannot be scheduled with lifeguard staff.
- Oversee the maintenance of the pool including deck and pool cleaning, chemical balancing, backwashing and any other issues pertaining to the proper functioning of the facility. Make recommendations for equipment repair and replacement as well as capital gifts to enhance the facility.
- May require unusual work schedules, off-site work assignments, and a variety of work environments. Other duties as assigned by Director of Athletics and/or HSC Director.
- Bachelor’s required.
- Current lifeguard and First Aid certifications required.
- Lifeguard training certification required or the ability to become certified within 30 days of hiring.
- Two years of collegiate coaching experience desirable, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Basic knowledge and skills related to college athletic programs, with demonstrated skills in assigned team sports.
- Demonstrated basic teaching/coaching skills
Date posted: February 6, 2023
with United World College of South East Asia
UWCSEA is looking for a Head of Aquatics to join its Dover Campus as soon as possible
The United World College, Dover campus has a well established and successful aquatics programme. Supported by a 10 lane 50M and a learn-to-swim pool, the programme serves a team of 300 competitive swimmers and a Learn to Swim and recreational swim programme of 250 students.
The Head of Aquatics is responsible for the design, delivery and monitoring of the Aquatic programme and resources; catering for a diverse range of abilities and age-groups, from Junior School pupils through to competitive High School swimmers. The Head of Aquatics overseas the Assistant Head of Swimming and the Aquatics Development Coordinator. The Head of Aquatics works closely with the Junior School, Middle School and High School Sports Coordinators and reports to the Director of Activities & Sport.
The role entails
- strategic planning of the annual & seasonal learn to swim, recreational and team training programmes
- leading coaching of all levels of the Swim Team
- development and mentoring of 6 assistant coaches
- development of smooth transition systems of swimmers from the Learn to Swim programme into the Swim team
- organisation of home meets, including friendly meets, local ACSIS Championships and regional SEASAC Championships
- development of the annual Swim team calendar and associated periodisation of training
- organization of overseas trips and competitions
- implementation and monitoring of pool health and safety policies and practice
- planning and provision of appropriate facilities and equipment to support the Aquatics programme
Liaising with the:
- Sports & Activities office who will assist with facility preparation, administration and finance
- Aquatics Development Coordinator to ensure there is an overview, progression and continuity across the aquatic programme
- parents – sharing the philosophy, structure and schedule of the programme and enlisting parental assistance to support the staffing and organisation of events.
- Communications dept to ensure Aquatics websites, newsletters, surveys and general information follow College policies and are updated in a timely fashion.
- Finance dept to ensure that the Aquatics programme remains financially sustainable.
- At least 5 years of experience within a management role or leading a Swim team.
- Minimum of 5 years successful coaching experience (with a proven track record) to include a detailed understanding of performance needs of developing aquatics
- ACSTA Silver / UKCC Level III or equivalent
- an appropriate approach to age-group training focusing on technical competence, motivation, enjoyment, team-building and long-term success
- strong organisational skills, including a working knowledge of HyTek software
- excellent communication skills
- experience with Google Suites
- a commitment to a holistic education and to the mission of the school
- an ability to develop relationships based on mutual respect
Apply via our job portal by Monday, 20 February 2023 11:59pm Singapore Time.
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
UWCSEA is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes applications from those who wish to join a community which is inclusive, and which celebrates diversity.
Date posted: February 6, 2023
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
with Harrow International School Bangkok
We are seeking high performing leaders for posts commencing in August 2023. To lead and oversee the development and performance of swimming across the whole school. Swimming is a key area of sporting success at Harrow Bangkok and students pathway through lesson provision, after school activity and Sports Academy will receive superb teaching and coaching, have ample opportunity to learn, love and develop water confidence whilst providing structures to compete at the highest level.
The role of Head of Aquatics will raise the profile of swimming, provide opportunities for staff to enhance subject knowledge and lifesaving, celebrate development and performance whilst inspiring a generation of students to enjoy swimming. Successful applicants are offered two year renewable contracts with highly competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions.
We welcome applications from the UK state and independent sector as well as from those working internationally. Opportunities to work with our boarders may be available.
Please apply for this vacancy if you meet the following requirements.
Experience and qualifications
• Appropriate degree, with UK PGCE, or other teaching qualification giving QTS
• Minimum Level 2 Coaching Qualification in swimming. A knowledge of the Hy-Tek swim sports software and Schoolsbuddy platform would be an advantage
• Minimum three years’ teaching experience
• Familiarity with the National Curriculum of England (Plus IGCSE/GCSE and/or A Levels as appropriate)
• Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
• A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
• Recent and consistent involvement in extracurricular activities
• Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
• Previous experience working with students for whom English is not their first language
• A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
• Acceptable police checks (or equivalent) from the country of origin and from all other countries in which the applicant has worked and no question regarding suitability to work with children
• Appropriate references from current and previous employer, corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee
Thursday, 23rd February 2023 at 07.00AM Thailand Time (early applications encouraged)
The safeguarding of our students is at the core of all that we do. All appointments are conditional on:
• Acceptable police checks (or equivalent) from the country of origin and from all countries in which you have worked
• Appropriate references from your current and previous employer, corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee
All enquiries should be directed to Harrow Bangkok [email protected]
Please find Prospectus in this link.
More information is available on our website in this link.
Date posted: January 31, 2023
with Grown-Up Swimming
Grown-Up Swimming is looking for league directors to be the boots on the ground for the next Swim League in the following cities: Austin, Dallas/Ft Worth, Richmond, South Florida, Tampa, Philadelphia, Chicago, and many more.
The League Director will be considered a good fit if they have:
- A passion for swimming
- A strong network in the swimming community
- An ability to sell & market the league’s benefits to experienced and novice swimmers of all ages
- A flexible schedule to handle time commitment during Grown-Up Swim Season
- Fun. Please have fun with this.
The League Director’s main responsibilities include:
- Uphold Grown-Up Swimming brand standards: Have fun, Create a fun atmosphere, Strongly encourage others to have fun, Manage a safe environment
- Recruiting teams to join the league (or convincing team captains to pull together a collection of swimmers into a team)
- Securing pools to host meets
- Handling league-specific communications to Team Captains and swimmers
- Executing/operating up to 4-5 meets according to league rules & Grown-Up Swimming, LLC SOPs
- Securing local sponsors
This is a paid contractor position. Pay is variable based on the number of swimmers in each league.
Date posted: January 30, 2023
Location: Kingsport, TN, USA
with Barracuda Swim Club of Northeast Tennessee
Assistant to the Head Coach / Head Site Coach
The Barracuda Swim Club of Northeast Tennessee has an immediate opening for a full-time Head Site Coach at its Kingsport, TN, location. The site coach will answer directly to the Barracuda Swim Club head coach.
The Barracuda Swim Club is a well-established (1959) year-round USAS team that operates out of two sites approximately 20 miles apart. It is directed by a parents’ board, on which the head coach and head site coach have both voice and vote. The current head coach has been with the program since 2002.
The Kingsport site trains primarily at the Kingsport Aquatic Center – a state-of-the art 50 meter indoor facility with moveable bulkheads that was opened in May, 2013. The team is stable, having been founded in 1959. The community is located in beautiful northeast Tennessee, close to hiking and biking trails, waterfalls, and other outdoor recreational activities. The cost of living in Tennessee is 10% below the national average, making the area an affordable place to live.
The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics, skills and certifications:
(1) A strong background in teaching sound stroke technique
(2) Strong communication skills in both group and individual situations, written and verbal.
(3) The ability to create and implement comprehensive teaching and training plans appropriate to swimmers’ages and ability levels.
(4) The ability and willingness to coach swimmers of all levels – from novice participants through nationalqualifiers.
(5) The ability to manage, direct and mentor part-time assistant coaches.
(6) The ability to foster and maintain a collaborative relationship with pool staff.
(7) The ability to manage lane usage, program costs, and pool logistics.
(8) A positive, personable, and enthusiastic demeanor.
(9) The drive to grow the program in terms of both membership numbers and swimming competency.
(10) The ability and willingness to work with a strong coaching staff and dedicated parents’ board for the betterment of the club.
(11) Current required certifications and training (or the ability to obtain them readily), including background checks.
(12) Familiarity with Team Manager, Meet Manager and Team Unify software and platforms is desirable.
A generous compensation package includes:
A base salary of between $28,000 and $33,000 per year.
Reimbursed medical insurance
A moving allowance of up to $1500.
Reimbursed meet and travel expenses.
The cost of mandated USA Swimming courses
Membership fees for USA Swimming and ASCA
An annual budgeted amount for professional development.
Date posted: January 29, 2023
Location: Palm Desert, CA, USA
with Palm Desert Swim Club
Palm Desert Swim Club is seeking an inspiring and energetic assistant age group coach(es) with excellent leadership, communication, and team building skills to support the club’s membership and established coaching staff.
About PDSC: PDSC
- Establishing an environment that fosters positive team attitude while teaching self-discipline, sportsmanship, responsibility, and respect.
- Coordinating with the head coach to develop and implement a swim training program that is technically, age, and developmentally appropriate, for both water and dryland training, which allows swimmers of different abilities to reach their highest potential while considering all learning styles.
- Communicating and working effectively with the head coach, other coaches, parents of swimmers, and the board of directors regarding all matters of the club.
- Demonstrating mature judgment, reliability, availability, and ethical behavior including punctuality, confidentiality, positive and constructive feedback, and the ability to function in a multi-task environment.
- Working flexible hours including nights and weekends, and attending swim meets.
- Being a positive role model, maintaining high ethical and moral standards, and adhering to all rules and policies of PDSC and USA Swimming.
Compensation: Competitive compensation will be offered commensurate with experience and credentials. Possible pay increases with experience and growth.
Approximate Hours: Several weekday evenings between approximately 3:45-7:00pm, although precise hours and days of work vary. Some weekends for meets or occasional weekend practice.
- Have or immediately obtain all USA Swimming coaching requirements
- Successfully clear USA Swimming- and California-required background checks
Date posted: January 29, 2023
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
with Los Angeles Area Club
Year-round Head Coach for a Los Angeles-based swim club. A generous compensation package includes:
A base salary of between $,45000 and $60,000 per year.
Reimbursed medical insurance
Reimbursed meet and travel expenses.
The cost of mandated USA Swimming courses
Membership fees for USA Swimming and USMS
Paid vacation of 3 weeks a year.
The selected applicant will be responsible for the daily operations of the year-round competitive swim program and
report to the Board.
● Uphold the club’s mission and vision.
● Supervise, educate, and mentor all assistant coaches. Ensure all coaches are up to date with certifications.
● Attend Coastal Committee (Southern California & USA Swimming) meetings on behalf of our program and
report to the Board on meetings attended
● Develop, monitor, and update individual swimmer plans based on their goals, including target meets, events,
● Design and oversee seasonal training for all groups.
● Coach swimmers. Expected on-deck presence 6 days a week for 25 hours per week.
● Paid vacation to be taken during regularly scheduled team breaks only
● Direct staff meetings as required.
● Set workout schedules.
● Determine workout groups for each athlete and update group requirements/progression as needed.
● Arrange and oversee tryouts for all new swimmers
● Track hours worked by assistant coaches. Obtain Board approval prior to assigning additional hours
● Maintain roster on TeamUnify.
● Ensure all swimmers are registered with USA swimming.
● Conduct swimmer appraisals quarterly.
● Maintain swimmers’ attendance at workouts.
● Use available Go-Pro and dry land equipment in support of individual and group training goals
● Set team meet schedules for all groups and obtain approval from the Board.
● Staff scheduled meets.
● Attend meet (expected min 1 per month).
● Meet entry submission and payment in accordance with meet deadlines.
● Process monthly billing (through TeamUnify) including meet fees and other miscellaneous charges.
● Make travel plans and travel arrangements as needed.
● Act as Meet Coordinator (communicate with host teams/admin and swimmers prior to meets, organize meet
● Upload meet results and team records to TeamUnify.
● Establish and maintain regular and timely communication with swimmers, parents, coaches, and board
members (via TeamUnify).
● Oversee team website, Instagram, and Facebook accounts. (Task can be delegated to an assistant coach)
● Assist in marketing the swim team and act as media liaison.
● Provide a quarterly program report to the Board.
● Hold a parent meeting each quarter to educate and inform parents.
● Assist and support all fundraising activities. Support delegated Board Member in charge of fundraising.
● Prior experience as a Head Coach preferred.
● Prospective employees must be USA-Swimming registered swim coach and able to pass USA-Swimming
background check and USA-Swimming Athlete Protection Program.
● Proficient in TeamUnify.
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with all levels of athletes, parents, Board, and
● Good team management skills, highly organized with great attention to detail.
● Up-to-date understanding of coaching techniques through research and continuing education.
● Track record of swimmer retention, recruitment, and development at all levels.
● Bachelor’s degree and college swimming experience preferred.
● Minimum of 3 references.
Must have credentials to work in the US: citizenship, green card, or existing visa such as O1
Date posted: January 28, 2023
Location: 8324 Old Madison Pike, Madison, AL, USA
with Madison Swimming Association (MSA-SE)
Position: Head Swim Coach for Madison Swimming Association (MSA)
Location: Madison, AL
Madison Swimming Association (MSA) is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time salaried Head Swim Coach position. MSA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization overseen by a member elected Board of Directors and has been serving the North Alabama Community for over 30 years. MSA has approximately 165 swimmers each year with athletes ranging from 5 to 18 years old and ability level from beginner to representing the club at the highest levels of USA Swimming, including Olympic Trial Qualifiers. Madison Swimming Association’s purpose is to help participants go as far as they wish in the sports of swimming and diving while teaching discipline, hard work, goal orientation, sportsmanship, and fun.
Provide training appropriate for swim club members to include but not limited to the following:
- Organize, instruct and supervise multiple practice groups from Monday to Friday, plus Saturday mornings
- Develop season and practice goals for all groups
- Develop and implement training programs and on deck instruction, as needed based on age and skill level
- Develop and implement dryland programs for all groups
- Provide a stable, professional, and positive environment for all MSA athletes
Provide supervision and direction of coaching and administrative duties to include but not limited to the following:
- Recruit, supervise, and mentor Assistant Coaches to ensure a reliable, cohesive, and positive environment with an emphasis on teamwork and personal growth. Ensure appropriate coach coverage for practice sessions
- Create season training plans for stroke technique progression, dryland progression, and training progression for all levels and effectively communicate to swimmers and coaches
- Manage the meet calendar, entries, and results. Determine coach coverage at meets – attend majority of meets personally
- Serve as liaison with the pool management and staff to determine availability and schedule pool use
- Communicate between coaches, athletes, and parents regarding training and competition
- In coordination with the Board of Directors, assist in the planning of home meets, team travel, team fundraising, and team social functions. Prepare and present monthly Coach’s Report at Board Meetings; attend all team Board meetings and SES Technical Planning Committee Meeting (coaches) and House of Delegates (HOD) meetings.
- Provide an environment that is in compliance with all applicable Club, USA Swimming, and Southeastern Swimming (SES) regulations, including current Safe Sport policies. Mutual respect should extend to the Coach-Swimmer, Coach-Parent, and Coach-Official relationships. The Head Coach should be a model of sportsmanship.
- Build relationships with local school districts and aquatic staff and help grow the club.
- Prefer minimum of 5 years of coaching experience in a competitive swim environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Experienced in developing swimmers from entry level swimmers to high level competitors
- Experienced in dryland training programs for swimmers
- Ability to work well with and effectively communicate with swimmers, parents, and staff
- Efficient computer skills including but not limited to Meet Manager and Team Unify
- Ability to create a positive training environment for all swimmers
- Enthusiasm for continuing coaching education
- Maintain all swim coaching certifications required by, and remain in good standing with, USA Swimming and Southeastern Swimming
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with coaching experience ranging from $50,000 – $70,000 per year
- Annual stipend for health insurance
- Reimbursement for meet expenses, travel, professional dues, certification costs and other educational classes with board approval
Date posted: January 27, 2023
Location: The Bolles School, San Jose Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL, USA
with The Bolles School
The Bolles Swim Camp is an annual boarding camp held on the Bolles School campus in Jacksonville, Florida. The camp provides an opportunity for swimmers to experience the rigorous training, technical coaching, and student life at the Bolles School. The camp creates an intimate introduction for students to Bolles, resulting in increased recognition for the School and a financial gain to support school operations. The swim camp has been recognized as a catalyst for many swimmers to reach new levels of the sport including the Olympics, International competitions, and US Championships.
The Swim Camp Counselor (s role is to directly manage the resident-life areas of the Bolles Swim Camp, primarily through direct engagement with campers. Campers should experience a safe, clean, and fulfilling experience at Bolles while enrolled in Swim Camp. The counselors will work together to create positive residential, athletic, and social aspects of the camper’s experience. Counselors will work directly with all the swim camp staff, the Bolles campus staff and support personnel. The position will require residency at the Bolles School from May 29 – July 2, 2023.
Counselors will be assigned specific times and activities to be responsible for each day. These can include but are not limited to; camp setup and break down, camper airport transport, wake up/lights out routines, meals, monitoring camper rest/free time, on campus activities, off campus activities, room change procedures, practice sessions, classroom sessions, gym/dryland sessions. Counselors will be scheduled to have “off duty” time throughout camp. Should the counselor need to schedule personal time, they should contact the resident-life director and head coach in advance.
- Counselors must live on The Bolles School campus for the duration of the camp.
- Proficiency with electronic communication, app-based communication tools, and social media is required.
- Experience working with or participating in competitive swimming is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with children; camp or other group experience preferred.
- Ability to teach and lead various recreational activities.
- Excellent character, integrity, and adaptability, Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience and self-control.
- Ability to communicate and work with a variety of age and skill levels.
- The desire and ability to work in a cooperative, team-oriented atmosphere.
- First Aid/CPR certification required.
- All positions require successful completion of a pre-employment background check and drug screen
- Minimum age of 18 years
- Supervise campers and actively participate in all aspects of the campers’ day.
- Take primary responsibility for the health, well-being and happiness of campers.
- Plan and participate in all camp activities with a positive attitude.
- Each counselor will be responsible for daily rotation of duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Counselors will attend on- and off-campus activities as assigned by the supervisor and coaching staff. This may include trips to the local beach, nearby cities or entertainment venues. Counselors must be willing to supervise and manage campers during these activities.
- Recognize and respond appropriately to opportunities for group problem solving within the camper community and among the staff.
- Observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
- Encourage respect for other campers’ personal property, school property, camp equipment and facilities.
- Maintain positive relationships with campers by showing sensitivity to campers’ emotional needs and problem-solving camper issues effectively.
- Meet/communicate regularly with camp leadership regarding concerns, updates and challenges.
- Abide by all The Bolles Swim Camp policies and procedures.
- Set a good example for campers, including cleanliness, punctuality, respect, rules and demeanor.
- Counselors work in a noisy, fast paced environment both indoors and outdoors with daily exposure to heat, sun, water and bugs. Prolonged standing, waiting, walking and some heavy lifting required. Must possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers.
- Counselor duties will require a varied day to day schedule including odd hours and local travel. Counselors should be flexible and proactive in managing their personal time.
- Counselors may request and discuss coaching duties as part of their contract for camp.
It is understood that this Job Description has been developed as an outline for basic responsibilities. Additional duties may be assigned by the Swim Camp Director & Resident Life Supervisor as deemed appropriate and/or necessary.