Location: 916 King Rd, Ashland, OH, USA
with Ashland University
|Ashland University is an NCAA Division II institution that competes in the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC), one of the most highly respected NCAA Division II conferences in the country. Ashland University offers a comprehensive 23-sport athletic program. The university is located off of Interstate 71 in Ashland, Ohio, midway between Cleveland and Columbus.Position Summary:
Ashland University is seeking applications for the position of Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach. The assistant swimming and diving coach is required to recruit off campus and be involved with on-campus visits. This position will assist the head coach in developing the overall recruiting plan. This position reports to the Head Swimming and Diving Coach and the Athletic Director and could include other duties including event management and representing the athletic department at various functions.
|Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.
Location: 2625 Patricia Drive, Santa Clara, CA, USA
with Santa Clara Swim Club
Full Time Assistant Swim Coach- Santa Clara, California
The Santa Clara Swim Club, located in the Silicon Valley, is seeking highly motivated, hard-working individuals for a full time coach position. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable about stroke mechanics and have good teaching and communication skills. This individual will also be enthusiastic, patient, and team-oriented.
The assistant coach duties will consist of leading or assisting two groups and administrative responsibilities based on the candidates strengths. The assistant coach will also have set office hours. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years competitive coaching experience and proven success coaching novice through championship level swimmers. The applicant must understand the importance of teamwork and will be committed to helping our program advance. Only candidates with a strong work ethic and passion for the sport should apply.
This is a salaried position with benefits. Preferred start date is August 19, 2019.
The Santa Clara Swim Club is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that has been developing champions since its founding by George Haines in 1951. His vision to develop world-class individuals through the sport of swimming remains the cornerstone of our program today.
- Successfully pass the USA Swimming and Santa Clara Swim Club background checks
- Be compliant with all USA Swimming coach certification requirements
- Experience working with children and teenagers.
- Background in competitive swimming.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to enthusiastically coach and give feedback to all athletes
- ASCA Level 3 preferred
Location: Portland, OR, USA
The ideal candidate understands athletes, studies trends, thrives on culture, and uses this insight to create and share messages or imagery that excites and engages our fans across social networks, email, print media, video channels, and beyond!
- Develop and own social media content strategy
- Produce and manage social media content posting and replying to comments
- Analyze and interpret social media performance data and provide content or channel recommendations, refine strategies for growth, and inform future activity
- Create and manage content for email marketing campaigns in collaboration with ecommerce team
- Assist in event marketing strategy, coordination, and production
- Align content calendar with key product launches and brand marketing initiatives
- Lead social influencer program, developing relationships with new and current contributors, and managing the process for product seeding
- Manage sponsored athlete product seeding process
- Write long-format content pieces for press releases, blog posts, or sponsored content
- Proofread and edit all marketing content for grammar, punctuation, style, clarity and spelling
- Contribute to general marketing projects as needed
- Encompass a team-player mindset to take on other projects or tasks to support the company
- At least 1 – 3 years of relevant work experience
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, or other relevant field
- Exceptional written communications skills, including copywriting and editing
- Fluency in social media applications, analytics, and tools
- Strong attention to detail, quality, organization, and time management skills
- Organized, good at taking initiative, and comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Digital design, photo editing, and video production skills
- Some travel required
Location: Alexandria, Richmond Highway, Alexandria, VA 22306, USA
with The Fort Belvoir Swim Team, Inc.
Work closely with Associate Head Coach and Head Coach on entire team’s planning
Assist in the direction of season planning
Mainly coach age group swimmers
Must have the ability to coach mini-swimmers as well as senior level athletes
Must have thorough knowledge of Team and Meet Manager and have the aptitude to be a Meet Director
Must have the ability to operate a website and bulk mail server
Must be detail oriented and be able to follow instructions well
Must have abilities to understand water chemistry and provide oversight to staff members
Must have thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Must have the ability to be timely with work assignments
This candidate must be able to provide references that can attest to the above knowledge, skills and abilities.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Health Benefits are an option
This position will expose you to all aspects of a USA Swimming Team and is an excellent opportunity to grow and learn in an environment that offers autonomy and career building
The team is located mainly in Alexandria, VA. It is a vibrant living area that offers many attractions, parks, water ways and peaceful living for a Metropolitan Area.
Location: 404 Danbury Road, Wilton, CT, USA
with Riverbrook Regional YMCA -Wilton Family YMCA branch
Assistant Swim Coach
Wilton Family YMCA- Wilton, CT
The Wilton Wahoos swim team (www.wywahoos.org), is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic part time Assistant Swim Coach(s) to join its staff and work with our Age Group program. The Wilton Wahoos swim team was recently named a Silver-medal club in the USA Swimming Club Excellence program and a Level 4 club in the USA Swimming Development program. We currently have approximately 300 swimmers in eight training groups ranging in age from 5-18 and abilities from beginners to Olympic Trials qualifiers.
- Current USA Swimming and YMCA coach credentials or the ability to become certified within six weeks of hire.
- Competitive swimming experience at high school or college level.
- Previous coaching or teaching experience is preferred.
- Ability to travel to away meets around the State of Connecticut.
The position offers approximately 8-20 hours as scheduled per week on weekday evenings and Saturday mornings. Responsibilities include:
- Working on deck and in the water with the Wahoo Age Group program under direction of Head Age Group Coach.
- Weekend swim meets approximately once every 1-2 months. (These hours could be in addition to the 12-18 hours per week.)
- The right candidate will also have the opportunity to lead one of more novice training groups.
The position may become full time for the right candidate.
The Assistant Swim Coach position is an hourly position.
- Riverbrook Regional YMCA adult membership
- Paid meet travel expenses
- Paid continuing coach education
- YMCA and Wahoo program discounts for family members.
Location: 895 Miamisburg Centerville Rd, Washington Township, OH, USA
with WTRC Sharks
The WTRC Sharks Swim Team, based in Centerville, OH, is looking for a positive, energetic, flexible, passionate, team-oriented and self-motivated coach to lead our Tiger (11-13 yr olds), Hammerhead (6-8 yr olds) and Lemon Shark (6 and Under) groups. The WTRC Sharks are a Volunteer Parent Board run 501-3(c) non-profit organization. We train at the Washington Township Rec Center (25 yard, 8 lanes) throughout the year, as well as, outdoor training at local pools (25 meter and 50 meter, 6-8 lanes) during the summer.
The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of stroke mechanics and training techniques. This candidate will also be able to communicate effectively and timely with the coaching staff, swimmers and parents as needed.
This is a full-time position with some stipends available. The Sharks cover/reimburse approved meet travel expenses, certifications and continuing education. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Duties for the coach include, but are not limited to:
*Motivating swimmers of all ages to be great in a positive way
*Planning and implementing a seasonal plan for the Tiger (including dryland),
Hammer and Lemon Shark groups
*Assisting with any other groups as needed
*Administrative duties, such as, meet entry, social media postings and email
*Monthly Safe Sport group Meetings
*Attending staff meetings as scheduled
*Attending swim meets locally and out of state (Indiana and Kentucky mostly). 2-3 per
*Attending Sharks’ team functions (Banquet, JO Party, etc.)
*Attending swim clinics at local summer league pools in the area. (June-July only)
*Must have, or obtain prior to start date, all relevant USA Swimming coach certifications
(Adult & Pediatric/Child CPR and AED, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, USA
Swimming Background Check, Athlete Protection Training)
*Must pass Washington Township Background Check
*Preferred, 2 years USA/YMCA coaching experience with 12 and Under
*Must have/demonstrate professionalism, decision making skills, a willingness to follow
directives from Head Coach, Asst. Head Coach and/or Board.
*Must have basic working knowledge of Team Unify and Social Media platforms or be
willing to learn
*Must have a desire to learn and continue coaching education
Location: Westfield, NJ, USA
with Devil Fish
Assistant Swim Coach
The Westfield Area YMCA is looking for individuals who are motivated, responsible, and are looking to coach competitive swimming. Equal Employment Opportunity.
Must be a minimum of 18 years old
Possess the capabilities and maturity to handle the responsibilities involved in maintaining a safe pool
Deliver quality lesson plans at practice
Know, understand, and consistently apply safety rules, policies, and guidelines for all competitive swim related programs and environments
Must have at least three years of coaching experience or Senior/Collegiate level swimming
Must have Red Cross Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR, and Safety Training for Coaches certifications or be willing to obtain prior to employment
Monday-Friday 4:00-8:00 PM plus weekends
Location: 1700 Louisville Road, Alcoa, TN, USA
with Prime Aquatics
Prime Aquatics, based in Alcoa TN, located in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains is accepting applications for a part-time assistant coach for the upcoming short course season. Prime Aquatics is a USA Swimming year round swim program serving swimmers of all levels by offering programs in competitive swimming and lesson programs.
Prime Aquatics has developed a culture of high quality coaching and is dedicated to focusing on continued development of all swimmers. The successful candidate must be energetic, knowledgeable, ethical, and able to communicate with parents, fellow coaches and swimmers of all ages. Candidates should be organized, professional and assist in developing swimming and life skills for swimmers of all ability levels. The assistant coach must be certified through USA Swimming (First Aid, CPR, APT, and Safety Training for Swim Coaches) prior to beginning this position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to meet entries, attendance at meets (1 to 2 per month), roster management, coaches meetings, writing/coaching practices, administrative duties, tracking performance, and communicating with parents.
Coach Membership Requirements: www.usaswimming.org/coach member
Sterling Level 2 Criminal Background Check
Athlete Protection Training (APT) Course
First Aid, CPR, Safety Training for Swim Coaches
TN State Concussion Waiver (http://health.state.tn.us/tbi/concussion.htm)
Check out our website at primeaq.com
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Location: 201 South Main Street, Hightstown, NJ, USA
with Peddie Aquatic Association
Peddie Aquatic Association (PAA) is seeking qualified applicants for the position Junior Program Director. PAA is a USA Swimming program owned and operated by the Peddie School, a private boarding high school located in central New Jersey. Peddie Aquatics has been named a Silver Medal Club in USA Swimming’s Club Excellence program. PAA is committed to building for long term success and is looking for the right coach to join the staff and serve as a foundation for the team’s bright future. Peddie has placed an athlete on the USA National Youth Team in 2009, 2010, 2013 and 2014. The Peddie School team has sent multiple swimmers on to the World Championships, Pan American Games, Pan Pacific Championships and has had at least one swimmer in 6 consecutive Olympic Games since 1992. PAA is a 200+ member club team with multiple Speedo Championship Series team titles and is looking to take this winning to the national level. PAA practices out of the Peddie School Aquatics Center, a 15 lane 25 yard x 35 meter facility. Qualifications: 3-5 years experience coaching age group swimmers with a primary focus on 12 and under athletes. Knowledge of USA Swimming and progressions for athletes developing into regional and national level senior swimmers. Strong organizational skills with current certifications in USA Swimming, CPR, First Aid, and an up to date background check with USA Swimming. Strong communication skills and teaching skills are a must. Knowledge of Team Unify and Hy-Tek as well as ASCA certification strongly preferred. Responsibilities: 1. Prepare and execute team workouts as well as coordinate meet entries with Director of Competitive Swimming. 2. Assist Director of Competitive Swimming with continual evolution of the program structure and attend staff meetings. 3. Maintain effective communication with parents and swimmers. 4. Uphold educational mission of the Peddie School and support the philosophy of the Peddie swim program. Compensation and Benefits: 1. Salary and benefits are provided by the Peddie School and are commensurate with experience.
Location: Ellensburg, WA, USA
with Ellensburg Area Swim Team
The ideal individual selected for this full-time position needs to be experienced in the day to day operation of a larger swim club, be self-motivated, organized, and an excellent motivator/communicator. The head coach of EAST will possess the ability to connect and maintain positive working relationships with swimmers, parents, and coaching staff alike.
- Day-to-day direction, hands-on guidance, and involvement in all aspects of the swim program, including, but not limited to, exceptional communication skills with parents, swimmers, board members, and coaching staff.
- Be a member in good standing in USA swimming and support the ongoing implementation of USA swimming rules, regulations, and safe sport policies.
- Be involved in implementing club policy with an overall vision and progression toward growth and improvement of the Club.
- Work with the executive board in maintaining and developing new club policies to benefit the overall welfare and development of the Club.
- Must execute EAST club policy as it pertains to the events, administrative functions assigned, or structural make-up of the Club.
- Manage the coaching staff and ensuring that motivation and technical feedback is presented equally to all swimmers and coaches regardless of skill level.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Board.
- Passion for the sport of swimming.
- Someone that has big dreams and aspirations as a USA Swimming Coach.
- 4 Years of experience coaching competitive swimming
- Passion for developing a highly competitive and sought-after program that is a leader in the sport of swimming.
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills.
- Experience in developing swimmers from entry level age group swimmers to National Qualifiers.
- Ability to positively communicate critiques of swim technique and provide motivational goal setting.
- ASCA Level 3 Certification or equivalent skills.
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written).
- Bachelor’s degree desired.
- Member in good standing with USA Swimming including being current on all background checks, certifications, and athlete protection training.
- Proficient computer skills (Team Unify, Team Manager, Meet Manager, Office, Google calendar and docs).
- Basic financial skill set.
- Experience in mentoring/developing subordinate coaches.
- Competitive swimming experience; preferred experience and the national or international level.
- Active involvement in the recruitment, development, and progression of swimmers at all levels of our program.
- Determine the assignment of swimmers to training groups, to include assessments and approval of swimmer advancements.
- Design and oversee the implementation of the seasonal training plans for all groups.
- Develop and/or ensure workouts are appropriate for the age group, including dryland training and regular stroke/technique clinics.
- Develop long-term team/group goals and swim programs to meet these goals including seasonal and weekly training programs.
- Work with swimmers to determine appropriate individual goals and develop tailored training to meet these goals.
- Foster team spirit by exhibiting and maintaining a positive attitude and team building.
- Endorse EAST’s focus on helping kids learn life skills such as discipline, goal setting, time management and healthy habits that will benefit them throughout life through the sport of swimming.
- Develop season meet schedule (SCY and LCM).
- Ensure all swim meets have adequate coaching coverage for all swimmers participating.
- Prepare meet entries in accordance with meet calendar and entry procedure for each meet.
- Communicate with parents regarding swimmer meet entries.
- In the event of a travel meet, head coach will work with the assigned group coach to create the itinerary and select transportation and lodging within the Board established budget/policy guidelines.
- Assist in planning the team travel budget, as needed.
- Serve as the meet director for our home meets, including overseeing/supporting the volunteer coordinator’s efforts to ensure parent volunteer hours are met
- Attend all Board of Director Meetings.
- Lead monthly meetings with coaches to ensure they are meeting coaching goals and standards established by the head coach.
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely manner, including but not limited to job reviews, pool contracts, and monthly coach’s report to the Board.
- Manage and submit team entries for all meets.
- Maintain current coach’s credentials as required by USA Swimming.
- Along with the Board of Directors, work with local city and business entities to ensure consistent swim schedule and pool/facility availability.
- Communicate to the Board of Directors any issues concerning schedules, facilities or contracts.
- Actively support team fundraising activities.
- Assist the Board of Directors with the development and implementation of the annual budget. Propose annual items to be considered for the budget and conduct Club activities in accordance with the parameters of the budget.
- Represent EAST through active involvement in the Inland Empire LSC.
- Responsible for coordinating and scheduling the continuing education for the Head and Assistant Coaches.
- Will conduct him/herself in a professional manner always and in accordance with team and USA Swimming Code of Conduct.
- Recruit and retain coaching staff within budget determined by the Board; termination requiring Board review.
- Develop training plan for all coaches, including the development of goals, evaluations, and monthly staff meetings.
- Ensure assistant coaches are fulfilling their responsibilities as assigned.
- Communicate effectively to team members with weekly emails, monthly newsletter, and website/social media
- Maintain weekly working hours off the deck/outside of the pool
- Be exceptional in the application of positive, consistent, and effective motivation strategies when working with swimmers, parents, and coaching staff in relation to all aspects of the program.
The team will be offering a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications. The anticipated salary range for the head coach will be starting at $30,000 to $40,000 depending upon the skill set and qualifications of the candidate. Meet travel per-diem, cell phone allowance, and certification upkeep are paid by the team. Additionally, the Board will develop a performance based incentive contract with the selected candidate.
Location: 1000 Hilltop Circle, Catonsville, MD, USA
with UMBC Retriever Aquatic Club
The University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Athletic Department seeks an Assistant Swim Coach. Reporting to the Head Swimming and Diving Coach, the incumbent will be the lead Senior Gold Swim Coach for the Retriever Aquatic Club and assist in managing the Aquatics Center. Specific duties include: designing and structuring workouts for Senior Gold group swimmers; instructing swimmers on proper technique and racing strategies; scheduling and attending all practice times; communicating with all coaches, swimmers and parents; maintaining the Retriever Aquatic Club website; coaching and instructing swimmers at meets throughout the year; entering swimmers in meet events; researching appropriate meet forums for swimmers of various levels; counseling students on college selection/recruitment process; maintaining proper pool chemical balance; performing routine maintenance activities on pool; updating logs and preparing reports reflecting pool maintenance; operating standard equipment like backwashing equipment and chemical feeders; serving as substitute coach for varsity swim team in absence of head coach and assistant coach; coordinating Summer Day Camp swim lessons; and performing other duties as assigned. It is expected that the successful candidate will abide by all written policies and procedures of, the Department of Athletics, UMBC, the America East Conference (AEC), the Coastal Collegiate Sports Association (CCSA) and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree and preferably one year of coaching experience. Must hav Red Cross certification at time of hire or be certified within six months of hire. A proven track record of working with high caliber swimmers is strongly desired.
Note: A background check may be required.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is a full-time position and includes a generous university benefits package.
Location: Wilmington, NC, USA
with YMCA of Southeastern North Carolina / Cape Fear Aquatic Club
YMCA of Southeastern North Carolina
Position: Swim Coach
Full time with Benefits
- Effectively communicate the mission, vision and the values of the YMCA of Southeastern North Carolina
- Ensure the swim team complies with YMCA standards and methods of operation
- Ensure the swim team complies with USA Swimming standards and methods of operation
- Integrate member-service and engagement strategies into all interactions with parents to ensure positive team recruitment and retention
- Promote, build and expand the program enrollment and participation and support all YMCA programming.
- Support, develop and show measure success at coaching groups for intro groups and assisting with age group swimmers and senior swimmers with the team director to identify direction and objective for each group. (please visit website for more group information at see www.capefearaquaticclub.org)
- On Deck Coaching responsibilities will start at 4:00PM and end at 8:00PM Monday – Friday
- On Deck Coaching responsibilities will start at 6:00AM and end at 10:00AM Saturday
- On Deck Coaching summer hours will vary pending pool space and availability.
- Assist with the mentoring of the part time staff remaining consistent with Head Coach’s ideology.
- Attend swim meets that include the participation of swimmers that you coach. 1-2 weekend a month outside of championship season.
- Attend and support team activities’ that may be outside of the on deck coaching realm
- Attend monthly coach’s meeting and share best practices
- Attend monthly committee meeting when requested to do so
- Be visible to coaches, parents and members
- Take attendance at each practice
- Maintain a workout log for each training group and log all workouts into log books daily
- Complete swim meet entries in a timely manner taking into consideration the individual needs of each swimmer entered in the meet
- Develop a season plan inclusive of swim meets, team building activities, parent communication and goals that you expect to achieve for each group
- Coordinate goal meeting with each swimmer and align coach/swimmer goals for the season
- Ensure Coach Certifications are current
- Develop and maintain a dryland program that includes age-appropriate that will help in each swimmer’s core strength and development
- Communicate effectively with the administrative staff, coaches, parents and swimmers
- Respond to all coaching staff, parent member and community inquiries and concerns regarding the team with 24 hours
- Communicate swim team information, changes and needs in a timely manner to the supervisor and branch staff
- Communicate any time-off that does not fall within the traditional coaching time off ( 1 week in April and 2 weeks in August )
- Assist with team tryouts and new swimmer evaluations and the ability to accurately assess individual swim levels for training purposes
- Take lead role in fund raising for CFAC’s annual team events
- Pier 2 Pier
- Works with the volunteer parent board, especially in coordination parent communication and transparency
- Assist with coaching needs with our Home school group,summer swim team and masters groups.
- To develop our pre-comp swim program
- All other duties assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (ALSO CALLED ENTRY REQUIREMENTS OR KNOW HOW):
Swim Coach (Qualifications):
- Minimum age of 21
- Minimum 3 year prior coaching experience and program development as a USA Swimming certified coach
- Must be in current and in good standing on all USA Swimming coach membership requirements, safety and background check requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university or equivalent preferred
- ASCA Level 1 certification required, (ASCA Level 2 Certification or higher preferred)
- High level of competitive swimming experience, ( NCAA Division 1 athlete or higher preferred )
- Working knowledge of Hy-Tek Team Manager and Team Unify
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of stroke technique progression, dryland, training progression and taper strategies
- Ability to communicate proper stroke technique instruction and development, dryland conditioning, and taper strategies for all level of swimmers
- Be able to constructively take criticism from both peers and directors
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance at all times
- Strong core values that includes honesty, integrity, hard work, teamwork, patience and respect
- Must have reliable transportation
- Safety Certifications: Current CPR Certification, First Aid (or Lifeguard) Certification, and Safety Training for swim coaches (available at usaswimming.org). (or within 30 days)
- USA Swimming requirements: Athlete Protection Training (Safe Sport), Background Check through the USA Swimming background check provider, and Foundations of Coaching. (or within 30 days)
- Principles of YMCA Competitive Swimming and Diving Certification (preferred or completed within 90 days from date of hire).
Location: 1150 Douglas Pike, Smithfield, RI, USA
with Bryant University
This position reports to the Head Swimming coach and is responsible to assist in all phases of a competitive intercollegiate Swimming and Diving program in compliance with NCAA conference, Northeast Conference (NEC), Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC) and institutional rules and regulations.
Assisting with all aspects of operating a collegiate program, including daily practices, recruiting, videotaping, home meet management, fund raising, student-athlete academic success, travel, compliance with all NCAA, NEC and Bryant University rules and regulations, etc.
Requires an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution and acceptance into Bryant University Graduate School program (acceptance must be received before candidate will be considered). The ideal candidate will have collegiate and/or high school experience in swimming. Computer skills (MS Office, excel) are required.
The candidate must have the ability to effectively recruit and retain quality student-athletes. The ability to effectively communicate through oral, written and electronic forms along with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate student-athletes in a group or individual setting are also necessary. The candidate must actively support the mission of the university by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values. The candidate must complete the NCAA coaches recruiting exam, and travel is required.
Location: 1006 Voss Road, Houston, TX, USA
with Dad's Club Swim Team
Candidates should have some coaching and swimming experience, be energetic with an understanding of swimmer development and stroke technique, a “self-starter” with a strong work ethic. Candidate must also be a team player who is able to work with other coaches in a leadership and assistant capacity
Responsibilities will include lead and assist different training groups during practice and swim meets, complete meet entries, and attend pertinent meetings.
Hours are Monday-Friday from 4-7:30pm The coach is also required to be present at team events, such as fundraisers, banquets, and award nights.
Location: 9920 Hwy 90 Alt, Sugar Land, TX, USA
with BLUE LEGEND SWIM SCHOOL
If you love working with kids, Blue Legend is the place for you. We are currently looking for swim instructors for our year-round swim lessons. Competitive pay from $18-$30!!
- 9920 Hwy 90, Ste A Sugar Land, TX, 77478
- 17750 Katy Fwy, Houston, TX, 77094
- 8800 W Sam Houston Pkwy, s#107 Houston, TX 77099
- 1550 S Mason Rd Katy, TX 77450
Founded in 2014, Blue Legend has coached over 1,500 students in both Sugar Land and Katy. Our proven curriculum has been carefully developed to improve students’ technical skills in swimming, encourage a love of learning, and promote self-esteem.
Blue Legend Swim School is seeking a part-time/full-time swim coach to work with our group swim programs, which consist of Basic, Elementary, Intermediate, Advanced and Pro programs. This entails working with swimmers ages 4-15 years with a wide range of abilities. The assistant swim coach will oversee training activities of assigned groups and instruct group lessons focusing on technique, endurance, stroke development and drills, etc.
Lessons are from 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm on weekdays and 2:00 pm – 7:00 pm on weekends. The company currently has four locations in the Houston metro area and provides swim lessons year around.
The instructor is responsible for the safety of participants in class. They are expected to work scheduled hours, which include teaching the class, staying after class to answer parent questions as needed, and cleaning up equipment/supplies. They are also expected to instruct and evaluate students in groups, demonstrate proper swimming technique, and observe students to identify and correct mistakes. In addition, they are responsible for submitting completed report cards and skill sheets on time and attending mandatory meetings and training sessions as planned. All new team members must complete the training, regardless of experience. The instructors must always present a professional appearance and attitude. They must immediately and appropriately secure the safety of patrons in the event of emergency, putting the students first in times of emergency. All other duties will be assigned as appropriate.
- Consistent attendance and performance a must
- Energetic with focus on stroke development
- Experience working with children in large groups preferred
- Must have a background of five-year of competitive swimming or minimum of one-year experience as a swim instructor
- Must pass background check
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required
- Certification of CPR, AED and First Aid (Preferred)
- ASCA Level 1-3 Certification or higher (Preferred)
Part-time $18 to $30 /hour
Full time: Salary will commensurate with experience and yearly certifications
For more information about Blue Legend Swim School, please visit our website at https://bluelegendswim.com