Date posted: November 25, 2022
Location: 1879 North Loop Parkway, St. Augustine, FL, USA
with Saint Augustine Cyclones
Saint Augustine Cyclones (SAST) is seeking a Head Site Coach for their Palencia site and age group assistant for their Solomon Calhoun site with relevant experience for our year-round swim program. These individuals report to the Club Director/Head Coach and will assist in the design, planning and implementation of SAST program with the primary responsibility for teaching and coaching developmental and age group swimmers. Duties may include but are not limited to; organizing and coaching practices, some administrative work and attending meets. Candidate must be an enthusiastic team player with a flexible, outgoing attitude and passion for swimming. SAST has been in existence for over 30 plus years and currently has over 100 plus swimmers between the two team sites and is looking to build upon this success. Compensation will be determined by candidate qualifications and experience.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and three work related references to: [email protected]. For questions, please contact Head Coach / Club Director Frank Holleman at 904 599 0794 or via email. We are ideally looking to have these positions filled asap.
- Good standing with USA Swimming (CPR, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, Athlete Protection, Concussion Protocol Training, Background Check, Coaches Advantage Training, Foundations of Coaching) or the ability to obtain the certifications.
- Prior coaching or competitive swimming experience.
- Attend daily practices and swim meets as assigned by Club Director/ Head Coach.
- Work with the Club Director/Head Coach to develop and implement seasonal, weekly, and daily training plans for the group.
- Teach and train the swimmers in proper stroke techniques and racing strategies as appropriate for the age and developmental level of the group.
- Develop and maintain healthy relationships with the swimmers and their parents.
- Maintain daily workouts and attendance records for the group
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Familiar with Team Unify
- Entry level social media skills
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
- Skills in program planning and development.
Date posted: November 23, 2022
Location: 2500 S Independence Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA, USA
with Old Dominion Aquatic Club
Old Dominion Aquatic Club is seeking for an assistant coach who is knowledgeable, energetic, and reliable. The assistant coach reports directly to the Head Coach and is in charge of on-deck coaching for our developmental, age, and/or senior level groups as required.
On-deck instruction and coaching of swimmers are the responsibility of the assistant coach. The daily on-deck instruction is one of the responsibilities of the coach, along with assisting the Head Coach and Lead group coaches. Every member of the coaching staff at ODAC is expected to uphold the fundamental values that support the club’s mission by exhibiting behaviors that reflect our team values, identity, and culture.
Pay Range: $20 – $25/hour
Hours: up to 20 hours / week
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1) Follow the T3 Teaching System instituted by the Head Coach
2) Encourage participation in swim meets and other team activities.
3) Work at all ODAC hosted meets and selected travel meets, as needed.
4) Handle daily administrative tasks such as recording attendance, promoting swim meets and assisting with meet entries, etc.
5) Must enjoy working with children and be able to integrate with the training philosophy of another coach/program.
6) Current in USA Swimming required certifications: CPR, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, Athlete Protection, Concussion Protocol Training, Background check, Coaches Advantage Training, Foundations of Coaching, MAAPP 2.0 and/or the ability to obtain the certifications
We are looking for a person who is reliable, responsible, and driven, with a lot of energy and enthusiasm. A successful applicant must be passionate about the sport of swimming, have prior coaching experience, and be able to communicate effectively with superiors, parents, and adolescent swimmers.
Professional development opportunities
How to apply:
For interested applicants, please send resume and 3 references to ODAC’s Head Coach, Steve Bialorucki, at [email protected]
Date posted: November 22, 2022
Location: Greensboro, NC, USA
with Swim GSA
The Assistant Swim Team Coach is responsible for on deck instruction and coaching of swimmers. Responsibilities include assisting the head coach and head age group coaches with day-to-day operations. Every position at Swim GSA upholds principles that are central to the mission of Swim GSA program by modeling behaviors that reflect our team values, identity, and culture.
Pay Range: Salaried position commensurate with experience as well as paid vacation time and financial support for professional development.
Hours: Full Time
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 2 years of swim coaching experience
• ASCA Level 2 or higher
• Current coach Member in good standing with USA Swimming
• Current CPR & First Aid Certification
Candidates must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Well-versed in Team Unify, Hy-Tek Team Manager and Meet Manager
• Combination of coaching, swim instruction or teaching experience, competitive swimming background preferred.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to communicate effectively with children.
• Lead basic dry land training
• Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Ability to work as part of a team regardless of the expressed role within the team, and ability to changes roles as needed.
• Ability to adapt to the changing needs of the team and learn new skills sets to better serve in an ever-changing community and work environment.
• Ability to identify a problem, plan for and execute a solution for a desired outcome, involving others as needed.
• Ability to resolve conflict by negotiating solutions that will serve the best interests of all parties.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
• Certifications: All current USA Swimming coaching certifications which include, but are not limited to, Safety Training for Coaches (online and in-water), CPR PRO/AED, Foundations of Coaching, Concussion Protocol Training, Athlete Protection Training and USADA Coach’s Advantage Tutorial
(See https://www.usaswimming.org/coaches/coaching-membership-requirements-checklist), as well as Blood Borne Pathogen training. All certifications must be kept current.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1) Instruct swimmers in 4 competitive strokes, starts, turns and interval training.
2) Encourage participation in swim meets and other team activities.
3) Work at all Swim GSA hosted meets and selected travel meets, as needed.
4) Handle administrative tasks such as attendance, promoting swim meets and assisting with meet entries, etc.
5) Attend educational activities and clinics.
Inclusion: Value all individuals for their unique talents and actively promote diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence.
Communication: Effectively communicate with all individuals in a way that engages, inspires, and builds a safe, welcoming team spirit.
Development: engage in both self-development and encourage it from all individuals
Date posted: November 22, 2022
Location: 2701 Northeast 42nd Street, Lighthouse Point, FL, USA
The Lighthouse Point Yacht Club (LHPYC) seeking applicants for its Head Swimming Coach position. LHPYC is a private membership club located in Lighthouse Point, Florida. The club currently has a youth swim program in which the head coach will be taking over and in charge of growing. LHPYC has recently become a USA certified swim program. Our goal is to grow competitive structure of the team and reach out to new members in the community to make them aware of our Club and swim program. We hope to find a dynamic coach who is well versed in teaching the fundamentals of swimming yet understands the culture of a private member club and can help us build for the future. This will be a full-time salaried position. The expectation of the coach will be to create programs that bring in new swimmers as well as continuing to coach our existing evening swim program. Private lesson compensation will go directly to the head coach in addition salary. Benefits and 401K programs are eligible to all full time employees after 90 days of employment.
• The head swim coach position at Lighthouse Point Yacht Club will be a full time position requiring a minimum 40-hour workweek (schedule made by head coach)
• Coaching all swim related programs
• Attending weekly director meetings
• Monthly board meetings and committee meetings
• Creating and hosting swim events on property
• Enter youth team into USA swim meets, must have all certifications
• Create learn to swim programs in order to build youth swim team
• Teach adult/youth one-on-one lessons, group lessons (additional pay)
• Work with all departments at LHPYC to increase membership through synergistic events
• Previous head coach experience is mandatory
• CPR certified, lifeguard certified
• Current USA swimming coach or in good standing with USA swim
• Knowledgeable about out-of-water swimmer development, including dry-land, nutrition, and mental health
• Excellent organizational and planning skills for practices, and meet preparation
• Being able to think on your feet and solve problems as they arise as it pertains to the pool deck and overall member experience
• Strong communication skills with swimmers, parents and yacht club employees
• Proficient with basic computer skills ie, Word, Excel, Google work space etc.
• Handle day to day swim team operations, paper work and communications
Lighthouse Point Yacht Club Overview
Located in beautiful Lighthouse Point, Florida LHPYC has been a staple of the community for over 60 years. As a private membership club we host many amenities that currently include 10 clay tennis courts, multiple fitness facilities, 25yrd swimming pool, multiple banquet and event halls, bar and restaurant plus a 74 slip deep water marina. The future is bright for LHPYC as we will be going through a massive rebuild in the coming years in which the club will be a brand-new state of the art facility boasting the best quality of design and functionality in each department.
Date posted: November 21, 2022
Location: 605 Cocoa Ave, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
with Derry Township Community Center
The Township of Derry Department of Parks and Recreation is hiring for the position of Aquatic Specialist to provide for the overall general health, safety, and enjoyment of the pool patrons in the new Derry Community Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the Assistant Director, the Aquatic Specialist will exercise general and delegated administrative supervision and oversee the work performance and scheduling of lifeguards, swim instructors, aquatic contractors, and other aquatic personnel as directed. The Aquatic Specialist provides employee guidance and discipline as required.
Oversees aquatic staff and functions and scheduling.
Enforces safety and health regulations, monitors swimming pool patrons, swimming pool and aquatic facility, reports dangerous situations, and keeps the deck free from obstructions.
Responsible to train staff on Emergency Action Plans and provide necessary health and safety training.
Assists in the maintenance of the swimming pool. Monitors and records the pool chemistry.
Reports all accidents/incidents promptly and completes forms.
Develops, implements, and supervises various aquatic programming, lessons, and events throughout the year.
Responsible with achieving the department’s aquatic revenue projections for aquatic program services.
Coordinates registration of American Red Cross programs.
Ensure lifeguard equipment is inspected at the beginning of each shift and addresses any necessary concerns or repairs by submitting a work order.
Works required evening, holiday, and weekend hours, as needed, and must remain flexible.
Responsibilities will vary based on facility needs.
Finds own qualified substitute and fills out required leave request forms.
Prepares written performance evaluations on aquatic staff, as required.
Develops and implements in-training for lifeguards.
Coordinates aquatic staff interviews.
Assists with special events offered by the Department.
Performs other duties as required.
Works as a swim instructor, lifeguard, and duty supervisor as needed.
Relates to patrons professionally and courteously and responds to public inquiries regarding aquatic programs.
Attends all staff departmental trainings and meetings.
Serves as a member of various employee committees, as assigned.
Stocks first aid cabinets, inspects all health and safety equipment.
Maintains related records and statistics for various aquatic programs.
Monitors and assists with cleanliness of pool area, including but not limited to, pool deck, gutters, pool deck storage closets, guard and first aid rooms, and locker rooms.
Interacts professionally with peers, leads team to unity and ensures smooth operation directly reflecting the policies, procedures, and philosophy of the Township of Derry Department of Parks and Recreation.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Two to four (2-4) years of post-secondary education in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Physical Education, Parks & Recreation, Sport Management, or related field of study.
Must have at least three (3) years of experience in a lifeguard supervisory role.
Experience with swimming instruction and competitive swimming is preferred.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
Current certifications in American Red Cross Lifeguard and CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuers and First Aid, and the ability to use common sense and sound judgement. Current American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Certification or the ability to obtain within 1 year of employment. Water Safety Instructor Certification preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, talk, and hear. The employee is required to use hands to operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to climb and balance daily. The employee is required to swim, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in outside weather conditions and indoor natatorium conditions. The employee is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, and all pool related chemicals and cleaners.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move over 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Date posted: November 21, 2022
Location: 1001 Rockland Road, Wilmington, DE, USA
with Diamond State Aquatics
Diamond State Aquatics is seeking candidates for an Assistant Coach role in our program. The Assistant Coach will work under a group’s Lead Coach and the program’s Head Coach. The Assistant Coach will help teach mechanics and racing strategy, as well as lead sub-groups in training sets. The Assistant Coach will help foster a positive team culture with an understanding that the program focuses on making athletes better people first and better swimmers second.
There are various practice groups, ranging from ages 6-18, for the Assistant Coach to work with based on their availability. The Assistant Coach is expected to be able to coach 4-6 days a week and roughly one meet per month.
Date posted: November 21, 2022
Location: Nassau County, NY, USA
with Private pro swimmer
Private one on one coach for elite level pro swimmer in Nassau County NY area. 8 practices per week/ 5 days a week/ 3 doubles at least 4 hrs a part. Hours flexible/year round position 12-15k per year.
Date posted: November 20, 2022
Location: Shanghai, China
with Shanghai American School
Shanghai American School is seeking an Head of Aquatics for its Puxi campus located on the western side of Shanghai as well as for its Pudong campus located along the Yangtze River Delta on the east side of the city. This is a rare opportunity to provide leadership for a well-established and well-respected Aquatics program, including both curricular and extra-curricular programs.
Shanghai American School is an American non-profit PreK-12 educational institution serving the English-speaking expatriate community of Shanghai, China. We are accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges in the U.S and offer both the full AP and IB programs. We currently enroll about 1,750 students on our Puxi campus and an additional 1,050 students on our Pudong campus. We offer an educational program on par with the leading private schools in the United States with 100% of our graduates attending university, many at universities considered among the most prestigious in the world. We are widely considered to be among the premier international schools for students and faculty in Asia due to our outstanding academic program, facilities, and compensation package that places us at or near the top of K-12 schools worldwide…not to mention that Shanghai itself is an incredible city.
If this position seems like a potential fit and you are interested in learning more about SAS, you might want to check out these sites:
Inside SAS Videos:
Activities and Arts at SAS Videos:
SAS Employment Website:
Teaching at SAS Video:
While SAS embraces diversity and is actively seeking to further diversify our faculty, the Chinese government will only issue a Work Permit and Visa to those who hold a passport or university degree from the US, Canada, UK, Australia, or New Zealand with exceptions for language teachers or those already teaching in China. Additionally, candidates must be 59yrs old or younger as of August 2023 (and if you will be over 55, you must have at least 10 years of teaching experience in a K-12 setting). Please do not apply if you do not meet these Chinese government qualifications.
Please see the below Job Description for further details on the qualifications and responsibilities for these two important roles.
Date posted: November 18, 2022
Location: 301 Kenton Lands Road, Erlanger, KY, USA
with Northern Kentucky Clippers Swimming, Inc.
• 5+ years of coaching experience at the club or collegiate level.
• Member in good standing with USA Swimming and current on all certifications.
• Outstanding leadership and motivational skills with a strong sense of personal integrity.
• Extensive background in competitive swimming, stroke mechanics, and understanding of USA-S rules and regulations.
• Experience using TeamUnify, Team Manager, excel, and Meet Manager.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Track record of fostering a culture of team unity among swimmers, parents and staff.
• Experience in training dryland and functional movements. Experience with Olympic lifting movements preferred.
• Ability to work, train, and instruct multiple practice groups from Monday to Friday, plus Saturday mornings.
• Serve as lead coach for assigned groups.
• Develop season and practice plans for lead groups.
• Attend any meet sessions and team events as assigned.
• Train, develop and mentor Assistant Coaches to ensure a reliable, cohesive, and positive environment with an emphasis on teamwork and personal growth.
• Develop and implement dryland programs for all 14 and under athletes
• Work with the Head Coach to create full season training plans for stroke technique progression, dryland progression, and training progression for all levels and effectively communicate to swimmers and coaches.
• Assist the Head Coach with staff scheduling and recruiting, as required to ensure continuity and coaching quality.
• Assist the Head Coach in developing and implementing growth & marketing strategies.
• Provide a stable, professional, and positive environment for all Clipper athletes.
• Develop annual and quadrennial plans with the Head Coach.
• Develop in-house coach, athlete, and parent education opportunities.
• Organize team spirit parties, team dinners, and travel trips with the Head Coach and Board of Directors.
• Plan, schedule and assist the planning of home meets.
• Effective communication with parents and swimmers of objectives and goals for athletes.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Salary is commensurate with coaching experience.
• Bonuses awarded for performance and retention.
• Continuing education opportunities.
Date posted: November 17, 2022
Location: Worcester, MA, USA
with Assumption University
BASIC PURPOSE: This position is responsible for assisting the Head Women’s Swim Coach with all aspects of instruction along with the development and management of a comprehensive NCAA Women’s Swimming and diving program as a component of the University experience, which enhances and supports the students’ liberal arts education in support of the mission of the University.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Assists with all phases of Division II Women’s Swimming and Diving Program.
- Assists the Head Coach in organizing, supervising, coordinating and evaluating practice sessions, games and conditioning programs with the purpose of guiding and instructing student/athletes.
- Responsible for complying with all policies and procedures as set forth by Assumption University, the NE10 Conference, and the NCAA.
- Assists with for identifying, evaluating, and recruiting potential student-athletes.
- Responsible for promoting and maintaining an atmosphere of NCAA compliance amongst coaches and student-athletes.
- Represents the sports programs in the community as appropriate.
- Assists in coordinating personal development initiatives and community service activities for all student-athletes.
- Position requires working weekends and nights.
- Serves as a Campus Security Authority for Clery reporting purposes and a Responsible Employee for Title IX reporting purposes.
- Prioritizes attendance at university events such as Student-Athlete Candlelight, Hall of Fame Dinner, Athletics Awards Night, Orientation, Graduation, etc.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Head Women’s and Men’s Swim Coach
- Must be willing to contribute actively to the mission of the University as well as show respect for the Catholic and Assumptionist identity of Assumption University.
- University coaching experience preferred
- Strong communication and public relations, management, and leadership skills
- Shall maintain current certification in first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and automatic external defibrillator (AED) use.
- Experience working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree /Master’s preferred.
- Must have a current driver’s license and meet the qualifications of an Assumption University Driver.
- Vaccination and Boosted for COVID-19
- Communicates regularly with students, parents, faculty, high school coaches, NCAA, and Conference officials.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work may, on occasion, involve exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- Moderate physical activity.
- May require physical effort, including lifting to 25 pounds and some extended periods of standing or walking.
- Assumption University is strongly committed to providing for the enrichment and professional development of its faculty and staff and to providing educational opportunities. This position is eligible to receive tuition remission for up to two Assumption University CCE or Graduate classes per semester, beginning with the first full semester after the employee’s hire date.
Date posted: November 16, 2022
Location: Laguna Beach, CA, USA
with City Of Laguna Beach, CA
Pool Lifeguard (Part-Time)
$15.58 – $18.16 Hourly
The Pool Lifeguard (Part-Time instruct swim classes, enforce pool rules and regulations during recreational swim periods, enforce rules of safety, prevent accidents, perform rescues of persons in distress, and perform facility clean-up and maintenance at the Laguna Beach High School pool facility. Performs related duties as assigned by the Recreation Coordinator. Duties range from lifeguarding at the pool, supervising and assisting with instructional programs, performing facility clean up and maintenance, locker room supervision, maintaining records and licenses for learn-to-swim program, planning and conducting trainings, collecting fees, selling pool passes, maintaining records, and assisting Recreation Coordinator with planning and implementing programs, special events, etc. Applicants must be at least 15 years of age. Applicants under the age of 18 must have a work permit. Experience as a pool lifeguard/swim instructor, advanced swimming ability, and prior public contact work experience including working with children is desirable. A current American Red Cross Certification in Lifeguarding is required. Certification is not required to apply but must be obtained before starting. Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis. Visit www.lagunabeachcity.net/employment to apply. EEO/ADA
Date posted: November 16, 2022
Location: Laguna Beach, CA, USA
with City Of Laguna Beach, CA
Aquatics Supervisor (Part-Time)
$17.71 – $20.36 Hourly
The Aquatics Supervisor (Part-Time) plans, implements, and supervises activities within established aquatics program areas; supervises the day-to-day operation of a large community facility with specialized aquatic programs. Duties range from providing lifeguard services and teaches beginning through intermediate swimming lessons and lifesaving skills instruction, supervising part-time staff responsible for providing aquatic programs and related services, prioritizes and reviews work, evaluates employee performance, and provides technical guidance and training. This position assists in overseeing the daily operation of designated pools, actively works with customer problems to ensure the greatest level of satisfaction within facility policies and procedures and performs related duties as required or assigned. Requires graduation from high school supplemented with a minimum of two (2) years of experience in aquatic program development/pool management. A valid certification in Lifeguarding from the American Red Cross is required at the time of application submission. Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis. Visit www.lagunabeachcity.net/employment to apply. EEO/ADA
Date posted: November 15, 2022
Location: 800 Duxbury Court, Walnut Creek, CA, USA
with Larkey Sharks
The Assistant Head Swim coach is responsible for supporting the operation of the swim team along with the Head Coach. Including communicating with parents, and coaching swimmers to be their personal best. The Assistant Head Swim Coach will also help guide, mentor and train assistant coaches in these areas.
- Assist with administration of practices
- Swim Meet preparation
- Swim meet administration
- Coaching the team during home/away meets
- Ability to demonstrate mature judgment, reliability, availability, and ethical behavior including punctuality, confidentiality, positive and constructive feedback, and ability to function in a multi-task environment
- Participate in team activities and social events
- Positively and constructively communicate and motivate children with the ability to consider varied social, emotional and physical attributes
- Manage, observe, and constructively evaluate athlete performance at practices and meets to enhance technique and motivation
- Ability to work well and communicate effectively with swimmers between the ages 4-18 with various swim abilities, families, staff and administrators.
- Experienced in management and/or oversight of swim team operations, including team billing, meet entries, registrations.
- Enthusiasm for continuing coaching education
- Advanced experience coaching various ages and skill levels in a competitive environment
- Swimming proficiency and comfort in all types of water conditions.
- Knowledge and experience with on-site protocols, operational procedures, and safety policies
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to administer or use first aid, CPR, AED, and other lifesaving techniques.
- Excellent observational skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
Education and Experience:
- 4+ years minimum competitive swim coaching experience and coaching
- 2+ years assistant head/lead club coaching experience
- Experience developing swimmers and coaching team
- Experience with dryland training and nutrition
Date posted: November 14, 2022
Location: 400 East Morehead Street, Charlotte, NC, USA
with YMCA of Greater Charlotte
Under the supervision of the Aquatics Director and in accordance with the Christian mission of the YMCA, the Lead Lifeguard is responsible for ensuring the safety of facility patrons by preventing and responding to emergencies and for assisting the Aquatics Director in recruiting, training, and supervising lifeguard staff and in managing Aquatics programming and facilities.
Serve as a lifeguard during hours of operation, ensuring the safety of facility patrons.
Act as an extension of aquatics leadership while by modeling appropriate behaviors and providing feedback to teammates as appropriate to ensure safe, efficient pool operations.
Provide and model excellent customer service skills, practicing empathy and understanding while supporting pool operations and enforcing all of the facility’s policies, rules, and regulations.
Assist in managing the lifeguard work/shift schedule.
Recognize and respond effectively to emergencies.
Respond to patron inquiries and concerns and provide Branch information as needed.
Inspect the aquatic facility on a daily schedule and report unsafe conditions and equipment to supervisor.
Complete records and reports regarding the following: attendance, water chemistry, incidents and accidents.
Assist with staff meetings and in-service training and maintain records of content and participation.
Assist with ensuring lifeguards are properly scanning pool at all times (to include silhouette drops).
Assist with new lifeguard staff orientation and provide feedback to staff when appropriate.
Assist with ensuring current lifeguard certifications are maintained.
Assist Aquatics Director in overseeing and maintaining facilities, equipment, and supplies.
Assist Aquatics Director in planning and implementing aquatics programming & improvements.
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
EDUCATION & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Minimum of three (3) years lifeguarding experience or relevant aquatics staff management experience.
Minimum of one (1) year experience with YMCA or similar organization.
Preferred candidates will have and maintain current certifications for YMCA or American Red Cross. Lifeguard, CPR and First Aid (American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer, American Heart Association Health Care Provider, Oxygen Administration and AED. If ARC Lifeguard certified, must cross over to YMCA Lifeguard within 30 days of hire.
Preferred candidates will have and maintain Lifeguard Instructor Certification, YMCA swim Instructor or Red Cross equivalents.
Preferably holds Certified Pool Operators license or will obtain one within 60-90 days of employment.
Must successfully complete at least two hours of practical guarding at branch prior to first shift.
Ability to pass lifeguard water test.
Must be able to remain alert with no lapses of consciousness in a warm environment with air temperatures of 80 degrees or higher.
Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
Audible awareness of noises and distress signals in surroundings.
Observe all areas of the pool with clear vision.
Perform all needed rescues and survival skills.
Communicate verbally, including projecting voice across distance in in a dynamic, potentially loud environment.
Perform all needed rescues, resuscitation and survival skills.
Think in abstract, solve problems and make quick decisions.
Act swiftly in an emergency.
Date posted: November 11, 2022
Location: Foxboro, MA, USA
with Hockomock Area YMCA
The Aquatics Director is responsible for planning, development, fiscal management, and administration of the YMCA swim program. The position includes supervision and management of the branch’s indoor and outdoor pool, as well as managing lifeguard staff at town beaches. The position ensures safety standards are met and staff is educated relative to these standards.
- Ensures national quality standards are met or exceeded in all program areas
- Directly supervises the Lifeguards and Swim Instructors
- Oversees pool and staff schedules
- Plans and implements aquatic emergency drills
- Works cooperatively with Association Branch staff regarding youth and community programs
- Develops written goals and objectives annually that align with branch results in areas of program and membership
- Attends Association and Branch meetings and trainings
- Hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates all Aquatics staff in a consistent and timely manner
- Observes Swim Instructors to assure program quality on a regular schedule
- Communicates with staff in a caring and professional manner
- Maintains current working knowledge of programs
- Instructs lessons or lifeguards, as needed
- Communicates with members/parents regarding concerns, changes, credits, or transfers in a professional manner
- Develops new programs to ensure that programs reflect the needs of the community
- Responsible for regular inspection of equipment, and partnering with maintenance should repairs be needed
- Monitors phone calls, e-mails, and return messages in a timely manner
- Plans yearly budget and monitors monthly reports
- Provides management with appropriate information for preparation of annual report
- Ongoing learning and implementation of YMCA’s safety policies and procedures
- Follows and enforces all relevant Association and Branch policies
- Exemplifies the YMCA character development principles at all times
- Other duties as assigned by Executive or Associate Executive Director
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from a four-year college or university
- Prior Aquatics management experience, preferably in a Y environment
- Strong relationship building skills and supervisory skills
- Well organized
- Experience with budget management
- Prior Lifeguard and/or Swim Instructor experience
- Ability to problem-solve in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Maintain current certification in the following:
- YMCA Lifeguard Certification
- YMCA Swim Instructor Certification
- YMCA Swim Trainer Certification
- First Aid and CPR Certificate
- PALS – Principles of Aquatics Leadership