Date posted: May 12, 2021
Location: 150 Lincoln Avenue, Farmingdale, NY, USA
with Farmingdale Aquatics Swim Team
Farmingdale Aquatics is seeking a part time swim coach. With expectation of our new state of the art aquatic center coming, our program has experienced significant growth and we are looking for a highly motivated, experienced, well organized, and enthusiastic individual who can develop our young athletes into top competitors.
Qualified applicants will work directly with the head coach to maintain a competitive and supportive environment for our athletes.
Applicants must have competitive background in swimming and be willing to work weeknights (practices run from 5/6 pm to 8 pm, and Saturdays 7:15-9:45 am) and occasional weekends for swim meets. Candidates will have a strong understanding of stroke technique as well as the appropriate developmental processes for swimmers.
Candidates must be up to date with USA Swimming Coaches certification, Coaches Safety Training, CPR & First Aid and pass USA Swimming background check prior to starting duties on deck.
The job will entail leading their own group, writing workouts and attending USA swim meets, and communicating effectively with parents and head coach.
Date posted: May 12, 2021
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
with The Race CLub
The Race Club is seeking to fill a full-time coaching position to start as soon as possible. The focus of the Race Club is to teach excellent science-based swimming technique using the most advanced technology available. The job primarily entails teaching and coaching swimmers ages eight and up of all abilities through camps, private instruction, and online coaching, utilizing our broad library of videos, articles, workouts, and studies. The position also requires having computer skills and some editing skills. The Race Club does not have a team in sustained training.
We are offering excellent compensation with benefits. Potential candidates must posses the appropriate documentation to legally obtain employment in the US. Please send a resume or email us at [email protected]
Date posted: May 12, 2021
Location: 795 Old Crystal Bay Road North, Long Lake, MN, USA
with Orono High School
- Coordinate the organization and implementation of the athletic program;
- Provide coaching and instruction to high school girls in a competitive program.
- Work collaboratively with athletic director to implement a coaching philosophy that is supportive of student/athletes’ development.
- Help coaches in the program organize and implement practice plans, periodically attending practices at all age groups and levels;
- Must have strong interest and commitment to student athlete development, with an emphasis on the student as a person;
- Coordinate the selection of players for the Varsity team and all high school levels;
- Design and implement practice plans and meet strategies;
- Serve as both a teacher and a role model;
- Foster a fun, supportive learning environment for all players;
- Prioritize the safety of all student-athletes;
- Promote the high ideals of the Orono Public Schools in positive character development of all participants by discussing the importance of education, teamwork, effort, and respect;
- Interact with and engage parents in a respectful and cooperative manner;
- Establish rules for the team in partnership with the Activities Director and consistent with MSHSL requirements pertaining to on and off-court behavior and eligibility requirements;
- Motivate student athletes to demonstrate the highest levels of performance and ethics in interscholastic athletics.
- Communicate effectively with student/athletes, coaching staff, parents, and building administrators, regarding program needs and developments.
- Must have strong experience in playing/coaching/evaluating;
- Head high school coaching experience preferred.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role.
- Must possess strong organization and communication skills.
- Must be a positive role model with strong work ethic and a huge passion for the sport.
- Coaches will need to be certified to coach through one or more of the following prior to beginning coaching assignment:
- Valid Minnesota teacher certification, and/or
- Valid coaching license from accredited college, and/or
- Completion of the NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching class per MSHSL policy.
Date posted: May 12, 2021
Location: Franklin College, 101 Branigin Blvd, Franklin, IN, USA
with Franklin College
Candidates are encouraged to apply for a part-time assistant swim coach position with Franklin College located in Franklin, IN approximately 20 miles south of Indianapolis, IN, the amateur sports capital of the world and home of the NCAA.
This position will report to the head swim coach and requires a minimum workload of 20 hours per week. Nights and weekends as well as significant travel are required. Reliable transportation to and from practice is required. Candidates will be subject to a background check and must maintain a driver’s license in good standing. This is a 10-month position beginning August 1, 2021.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all matters related to the team including, but not limited to:
- The safety and security of athletes
- Practice implementation and instruction
- Academic success and compliance
- Recruitment of athletes including electronic correspondence, mailing, social media communication, phone calls, and on and off campus visits
- Compliance with all NCAA policies
- Attendance at practice, all swim meets, and other team-related functions
- Development and pursuit of goals
- Maintenance of team social media accounts
- Other necessary duties as required by the head coach
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required
- Minimum of at least 4 years of competitive swimming experience
- College-level swimming experience is preferred but not required.
- Previous coaching experience is preferred at the college, high school, and/or club level
- Positive attitude and demonstrated initiative
- Promotion of a balanced lifestyle as a student-athlete
- Strong organization skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- General Stipend
- On-Campus Housing
- On-Campus Meal Plan
- Undergraduate Tuition Remission (up to 9 credit hours per semester)
Date posted: May 12, 2021
Location: Worcester, MA, USA
with College of the Holy Cross
Assistant Coach – Men and Women’s Swimming
ABOUT COLLEGE OF THE HOLY CROSS:
Founded in 1843 in Worcester, Massachusetts, the College of the Holy Cross is among the nation’s leading liberal arts institutions. A highly selective, four-year, exclusively undergraduate college of 3,100 students, Holy Cross is renowned for offering a rigorous, personalized education in the Jesuit, Catholic tradition.
Holy Cross highly values the unique skills, perspective, talents and passion that each employee contributes to its learning community. To work at The College is to accept an invitation to participate in the growth and development of all campus members, students, faculty and staff. The College’s commitment to diversity is an important feature of the Holy Cross education. Informed by the presence of diverse interpretations of the human experience, Holy Cross is building a community marked by freedom, mutual respect, and civility. We seek others who support our values of diversity and inclusiveness. Job candidates of all diverse backgrounds who embrace the open and inclusive culture of Holy Cross are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Assist Head Coach with all facets of the Swimming and Diving program, primarily by: instructing student-athletes on competitive swimming skills and techniques, educating on swimming and diving rules and NCAA requirements, assessing comprehension of skills, techniques and rules and providing additional instruction as appropriate, and preparing team for competition and practice.
Assistant coach must perform duties in compliance with all College, Patriot League, and NCAA rules and regulations.
Primary Responsibilities (60%):
Provide individual and team instruction to student-athletes on:
- rules & fundamentals
- skill attainment
- techniques and methods required to demonstrate satisfactory performance in a safe manner
- team concepts
Provide individualized coaching/tutoring/mentoring to student-athletes, including preparatory work that includes:
- assessing student-athlete stroke technique demonstrated during practice, competition, and in on deck video review
- determining specific daily practice activities that will be conducted by student-athletes
- developing instruction for individual student-athletes and specific team needs
- determining pre-competition activities that will be conducted during days of competition
- developing race strategies with individual swimmers
- attending workshops and training sessions for the purpose of researching methods to provide student-athletes with training and instruction on: rules, fundamentals, team concepts, physical health, safety, skill attainment, conference rules and regulations
Secondary responsibilities (40%)
- identifying talented, academically qualified prospective student-athletes
- contacting (email, phone, mail, social media) prospective student-athletes, family, and coaches
- arranging campus visits for recruits
- developing recruiting materials
Administrative duties as assigned, including, but not limited to (10%):
- collaborating with coach to develop annual goals for the program
- maintaining records
- effectively communicating with coaches, prospects and parents
- tracking academic progress and providing counseling as appropriate
- assisting with fundraising, marketing and promotional activities
- arranging travel
- inventory and ordering of equipment/gear
- coordinating social media
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior experience instructing and coaching, preferably at the Division I level
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required
- Proficiency working with HyTek Team/MeetManager programs
- CPR, First Aid, AED, and Life Guarding certifications
- Knowledge of Daktronics timing system and scoreboard operation a plus
- ?Proficiency with social media (Instagram, twitter, facebook)
- Skills that are required for this job and are in line with the College’s mission:
- Instructional/teaching skills; understanding of a variety of instructional methods
- Ability to demonstrate skills and techniques during practice sessions, in order for student-athletes to learn through observation
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Flexibility and reliability; position requires travel work on nights and weekends.
- Understands risk management and works in conjunction with Sports Medicine and Strength and Conditioning personnel to uphold health and safety standards in the conduct of all activities
- Strong teamwork and team facilitation
- Supports departmental efforts through collaborative measures and sharing knowledge with others
- Understands, values and respects diversity within the team and fosters an inclusive and supportive environment
This is a full time, exempt level position.
The College of the Holy Cross is a private, Jesuit Catholic, undergraduate institution serving approximately 3,100 students. Founded in 1843, Holy Cross is the oldest Catholic college in New England and has a tradition of academic excellence. It is located atop Mount Saint James in Worcester, Massachusetts. The picturesque, 174-acre campus is an award-winning and registered arboretum.
Worcester is a city of approximately 170,000 people centrally located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. It is approximately one hour from Boston, Hartford, and Providence, and three hours from New York City. Worcester is known as the Heart of the Commonwealth. Worcester offers many cultural and recreational opportunities.
The College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and complies with all Federal and Massachusetts laws concerning Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action in the workplace.
A member of the Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts (HECCMA).
To review our Employee Benefit Options, please go to: https://www.holycross.edu/human-resources/benefits
Please attach a cover letter addressing the position requirements along with your resume.
In your cover letter please address how your work might support the College’s mission as a Jesuit, undergraduate liberal arts college (see http://www.holycross.edu/mission) and its core commitment to diversity and inclusion. Please provide examples of any past work that illuminate your commitments in these areas. For more information, please visit http://holycross.edu/diversity.
Review of applications will begin as received and continue until the position has been filled.
Date posted: May 12, 2021
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA
with MSA SWIM
Age Group Coach- 10 and Under
MECKLENBURG SWIM ASSOCIATION
Mecklenburg Swim Association (MSA Swim) in the Charlotte, NC area is looking for a coach to assist in our Age Group and Developmental Programs coaching primarily 10 and Under swimmers. More information on the team can be found at msaswim.com
MSA current has 900+ year-round swimmers on the team ranging from 6-18 years old, with novice swimmers to Senior National/Olympic Trial qualifiers. MSA has 4 sites in the Charlotte area and is hiring new Assistant Age Group Coach.
Responsibilities of this position include coaching, assisting in dryland, as well as administrative duties related to the group and overall team operations. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree, experience with swimming as a coach or athlete, excellent organization and communication skills, and a desire to study and progress as a coach and a professional. Must be great with the 10 and Under level swimmer. Ability to teach, motivate, and most importantly have fun!
Candidate should have ASCA level two coaching certification, or ability to obtain quickly. This is a great opportunity with a competitive salary ($35k-$40k) with bonus opportunity, paid vacations, healthcare assistance, and retirement plan. Position to begin immediately.
Date posted: May 11, 2021
Location: Tigard, OR, USA
with Tigard Tualatin Swim Club
The Tigard-Tualatin Swim Club is conducting a search for a dynamic Head Age Group Coach. TTSC is a multi-site team that operates out of pools in both Tigard and Tualatin, OR (suburbs of Portland). We currently have approximately 130 swimmers ranging from age 5 to 18.
The Head Age Group Coach of the Tigard-Tualatin Swim Club demonstrates leadership and responsibility for the administration of aspects relating to the age group programs of the club. S/he will be involved in all aspects of the TTSC program, including (but not limited to) scheduling, training, performance, and safety.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, competitive program aimed at athletes age 14 and younger.
- Plan and conduct 2-4 hours per day of on-deck coaching, working with our Pre-Senior 1 and Junior 1 groups (ages 9-14).
- Communicate effectively with parents, swimmers, and other coaches (email, phone, face to face).
- Coordinate and develop group goals and curriculum.
- Maintain up-to-date performance reports on age group athletes.
- Coordinate online meet entries (Team Unify) for all age group meets.
- Attend all scheduled swim meets, meetings, and team functions as required.
- Assist Head Coach with planning seasonal practice and meet schedules.
- Assist with team tryouts and swimmer assessments for group placement.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Bachelor’s Degree (exercise science, education, or related field preferred).
- Minimum of 3 years’ successful experience as an Age Group Coach or Head Age Group Coach with a USA Swimming team is preferred.
- ASCA Level 2 or above preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Positive and energetic presence with a passion for teaching technique.
- Proficiency with Team Unify web services, meet entries, and communication.
- Current CPR, First Aid, Coaches Safety, and Safe Sport certifications and membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
Date posted: May 11, 2021
Location: Peters Township, PA, USA
with Peters Township Swim Club
Peters Township Swim Club, an AMS swimming club, is seeking inspiring and energetic assistant coaches with excellent leadership, communication, and team building skills to support the club’s rapidly growing membership and established coaching staff. You will aid in the development of a program that will create a solid foundation for our athletes all while driving the continued success of our swimmers. Competitive compensation is based on experience.
- Establishing an environment that fosters positive team attitude while teaching self-discipline, sportsmanship, responsibility, and respect
- Coordinating with the head coach to implement a swim training program that is technically, age, and developmentally appropriate, for both water and dryland training, which allows swimmers of different abilities to reach their highest potential while considering all learning styles.
- Communicating and working effectively with the head coach, other coaches, parents of swimmers, and the board of directors regarding all matters of the club.
- Developing a swim training program that is technically, age, and developmentally appropriate, for both water and dryland training, which allows swimmers of different abilities to reach their highest potential while considering all learning styles
- Demonstrating mature judgment, reliability, availability, and ethical behavior including punctuality, confidentiality, positive and constructive feedback, and the ability to function in a multi-task environment
- Setting appropriate goals for groups and individual swimmers
- Creating workouts
- Working flexible hours including nights and weekends, and attending swim meets
- Being a positive role model, maintaining high ethical and moral standards, and adhering to AMS Swimming Coach’s Code of conduct
- Be willing to obtain all USA Swimming certification and coaching requirements (CPR, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, USA Swimming Background Check, Athlete Protection, Lifeguard, First Aid, Concussion, etc.)
- Be able to motivate swimmers of all abilities to achieve their full potential.
- Have excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
Date posted: May 10, 2021
Location: Crawfordsville, IN, USA
with Wabash College
Wabash College invites applications for the position of Assistant Swimming and Diving Coach, tasked with aiding the head coach in all operations of a competitive NCAA Division III swimming and diving program. Experience competing, coaching, and recruiting in intercollegiate swimming and diving is strongly preferred. A bachelor’s degree is required.
Duties include, but are not limited to: successful recruitment of academically and athletically prepared swimming and diving scholar-athletes; the highest commitment to student health and well-being; and directing skill instruction and development. Adherence to institutional, conference, and NCAA Division III policies and procedures is required. The selected candidate may be assigned secondary responsibilities in the department, as assigned by the Director of Athletics & Campus Wellness.
The position is a 12-month appointment with benefits. If interested, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three professional references by clicking on “apply now.”
Wabash College, a liberal arts college for men, seeks faculty and staff committed to providing quality engagement with students, high levels of academic challenge and support, and meaningful diversity experiences that prepare students for life and leadership in a multicultural global world. We welcome applications from persons of all backgrounds. EOE.
Date posted: May 10, 2021
Location: 202 Fieldhouse Drive, Peachtree City, GA, USA
with Southern Crescent Aquatic Team
Southern Crescent Aquatic Team (SCAT) is seeking an experienced, passionate, professional, and energetic individual to serve as our next Head Senior Coach. This employee will be responsible for working with our top-tier senior athletes as well as partnering with our Head Coach to develop all aspects of our Senior Program with the goal of instilling a culture of success both in and out of the water.
Position: Lead Senior Coach
Job Open Date: June 1, 2021
Work Location: Peachtree City, GA
Pay Rate: Hourly, commensurate with Experience
Days/Hours: Monday- Saturday.
Swim Meets: 1/month. Some are one day meets. Some are weekend long. Staff is paid hourly plus gas for meets outside of local area.
The Lead Senior Coach would work directly with the Head Coach to refine and implement a joint vision for technique, training, and performance excellence that complements our team Mission, Vision, and Values. Additional responsibilities would include:
• Serving as the lead coach for two Senior Groups
• Attending meets (1+ per month on weekends; some out-of-state travel expected)
• Attending staff meetings
• Communicating important information to other coaches, athletes, and parents
• Responding to electronic communication
• Completing meet entries
• Assisting or substituting for other coaches as needed
• Maintaining all required coaching certifications
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have a passion for competitive swimming and be an excellent teacher and role model for our athletes. They will share SCAT’s mission, pursue our team vision, and adhere to our organizational values. Additionally, candidates should have:
• Bachelor’s degree
• ASCA Level 3 or higher (not required to be a current member, but possess this skill set level)
• 4+ years of coaching experience
• A demonstrated track record of developing high performance athletes
• Previous competitive swimming experience
• The ability to obtain and maintain all required USA Swimming certifications including passing a background check
• The ability to obtain and maintain First Aid & CPR/AED certifications
Compensation: Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. Employee will be eligible for bonuses based on member enrollment. Financial support for professional development and ongoing education is also available.
Date posted: May 10, 2021
Location: Raleigh, NC, USA
with Marlins Of Raleigh Swim Team
The Marlins Of Raleigh Swim Team is seeking a full time lead coach for our AG 1 and AG 3 Black groups at our Raleigh Site..
MOR is a USA Swimming Gold Medal club the past 5 years with 650 swimmers. The Raleigh Area is a hot spot for swimming with a summer league of over 85 teams and 11,000 swimmers from which to draw. Raleigh is rated annually as one of the best places to live in the US and also has a highly rated music scene.
REPORTS TO: Head Coach and Raleigh Head Age Group coach
SALARY: Commensurate with coaching experience, $33,000 to $37,000 per year. Retirement match program of up to 3% of salary after 1 year subject to the terms and conditions of the plan.
Education: College graduate preferred.
Experience: 1-2+ years coaching experience.
Eligibility: Must currently reside in the United States
JOB GOAL: To align with the policy and procedures set forth by the Marlins Of Raleigh Swim Team and to lead the AG 3 Black Group (9-12 year old developmental swimmers) and AG 1 (8-under swimmers) practice groups in developing age group athletes to make an uncompromised commitment to striving to be the best that they can be.
CPR/AED, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, APT, Background check and in good standing with USA Swimming. Proficient in use of Team Unify and/or Team Manager
Abides by applicable USA Swimming Codes of Conduct and Safe Sport Requirements
Pass USA Swimming background screen and reference check
ASCA Level 2 preferred
Embrace MOR culture and take initiative
Passion for coaching and working with young age group athletes
Comprehension of stroke technique fundamentals
Basic understanding of dryland training for developmental athletes
Plan, prepare, and conduct group practices in accordance with MOR group goals
Provide accurate attendance records and post meet evaluations
Assist with set up & tear down of all MOR hosted meets
Run MOR clinic programs
Recruit swimmers from summer league by attending summer league meets and conducting clinics
Attend weekly staff meetings
Commit to continued coaching education
Arrival at practice and meets at minimum 15 min prior to arrival of athletes
Will require afternoon, evening and weekend hours
Communicate all actions regularly between
Excellent email communication to parents with timely response (within 24 hours)
Continually assess goals with athletes and communicate to parents in a patient and respectable manner
Model proper dress, language, demeanor and sportsmanship for the athletes
Create an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants
Date posted: May 10, 2021
Location: 101 Yazoo Street, Cleveland, MS 38732, USA
with Delta State University
Delta State University is a small state school located in Cleveland, Mississippi. We are a member of the New South Intercollegiate Swimming Conference (NSISC), and a member institution of the NCAA Division 2 level. We are a highly competitive program seeking qualified applicants to assist the Head Swimming and Diving coach in all aspects of the program. The duties will range from on-deck coaching, administrative work directly related to the team, and any pool maintenance objectives seen fit. Other duties may be later assigned. This coaching position typically lasts 2 academic years.
The position is available to start for Fall 2021 semester.
Below is the updated facilities page for the Ronnie G. Mayers Aquatic Center on the campus of Delta State.
Date posted: May 9, 2021
Location: Bozeman, MT, USA
with Montana Multisport Aquatics
- Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree and prior collegiate swimmer strongly preferred
- Current CPR/AED/First Aid
- Current USA Swimming Coach
- Minimum 5 years successful previous experience as Head Coach or relevant Assistant Coach experience
- Effective at leading and establishing a highly successful competitive swim program of 100 swimmers
- Leadership & Mentoring
- Experience managing and mentoring/developing coaching staff
- Ability to recruit and retain highly qualified and effective coaching staff
- Set expectations and team objectives leading the team to USA Swimming Bronze Medal status
- Develop and establish a positive, progressive, and winning team-wide culture
- Provide guidance and support to athletes during the college recruiting process
- Managing Stakeholder Relationships
- Collaborate & maintain strong relationship with City of Bozeman Parks & Recreation staff and directors, local high school swimming programs, Montana Swimming, and USA Swimming
- Establish and maintain regular and timely communications with swimmers, parents, coach and board members, including conducting weekly staff meetings
- Proficient in fostering productive working relationships with other coaches, and Board Members and be able to encourage creativity and contribution from others
- Develop referral relationships with learn to swim programs, local schools, and other parents
- Must be able to attend Board meetings and weekend travel for events/meets
- Operational Skills
- Ability to manage, lead, and coordinate multiple sites and programming
- Develop and oversee training programs for all age groups
- Plan seasonal and yearly competition schedule for all groups
- Develop workouts, schedules, and criteria for advancement through collaboration with coaching staff
- Strong leadership, communication, verbal, and written skills
- Ability to successfully develop, manage and grow the annual budget
- Expand the business of Bozeman Multisport Aquatic Club both in team size and revenue
- Administrative & Miscellaneous
- Protect confidential information and adheres to policies outlined by USA Swimming and Safe Sport
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, Team Unify, and Hy-Tek Management Software
- Must pass a Background check(s) including but NOT limited to USA Swimming
- Must Complete the USA Swimming head coach requirements
- Must pass a Motor Vehicle Report check
- Be willing to accept the search committee members on all personal social media platforms
Date posted: May 7, 2021
Location: 2001 Alford Park Drive, Kenosha, WI, USA
with Carthage College
|Carthage College, a member of the NCAA DIII and the College Conference of Illinois & Wisconsin, seeks a graduate assistant to work in conjunction with the Head Men’s and Women’s Swim & Dive coaches in all aspects related to the operation of the swimming and diving programs. The graduate assistant must successfully enroll as a full-time graduate student in a qualifying program.|
Responsibilities include effectively recruiting and retaining qualified student-athletes, and assisting with all aspects of coaching, planning, and day-to-day office operations and administrative tasks, including team practice, individual player evaluation and development, scouting, developing game plans, and travel to competitions. Additional responsibilities are included, as assigned by the head coach or athletic administration.
Date posted: May 7, 2021
Location: Gus And Flora Kerasotes YMCA, 4550 W Iles Ave, Springfield, IL, USA
with YMCA of Springfield Illinois
The SPY Swim Team is a year around YMCA and USA Swimming Program which serves athletes ages 5 to 18 and their families. We provide training and participate in competitions at a local, State, and National level. SPY operates out of the Gus & Flora Kerasotes YMCA in an 8 Lane, 25 Yard certified competition pool and routinely supports over 175 athletes each year. The mission of the SPY Swim Team is to foster and environment allowing individuals to become superior athletes and better people, to contribute to team camaraderie and sportsmanship, and to build lifelong skills consistent with the YMCA’s mission and cause.
The primary responsibilities will include overseeing the training of the 14 and under athletes in the program, work with Head Coach to continue to develop short term and long term training plans throughout the team, hire/train/oversee part-time assistant coaches within the program, and assist with operations of all team hosted events. See the job posting for additional details.