Date posted: December 3, 2021
Location: Los Banos Del Mar Pool, Shoreline Drive, Santa Barbara, CA, USA
with Santa Barbara Swim Club
SANTA BARBARA SWIM CLUB is looking for an enthusiastic coach that can help develop novice 12 and under athletes into competitive swimmers. Prospective candidates will align their coaching with the policy and procedures set forth by the Santa Barbara Swim Club and to assist the Head Coach.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Embrace and advocate the Santa Barbara Swim Club Culture
- Passion for coaching and working with age group athletes
- Comprehension of stroke development and technique fundamentals
- Basic understanding of dryland training for developmental athletes
- Plan, prepare, and conduct group practices in accordance with our curriculum for the Santa Barbara Swim Club.
- Keep records and reports as directed by the Head Coach
- Assist with set up & tear down of all SBSC hosted age group/senior level meets
- Assist with SBSC Staff in facilitating Events (SBSC hosted or community events)
- Commit to continued coaching education
- On Job Time Requirements:
- Attend all assigned staff meetings
- Attend the assigned meets for the practice group
- Entries for the assigned practice group are complete and correct
- Arrival at practice and meets at minimum 15 min prior to arrival of athletes
- Will require afternoon, evening and weekend hours
- Communicate all actions regularly between Head Coach
- Excellent email communication to parents with timely response (within 24 hrs)
- Continually assess goals with athletes and communicate to parents in a patient and respectable manner
- Model proper dress, language, demeanor and sportsmanship for the athletes
- Create an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- This job has occasional employee supervisory responsibilities.
Date posted: December 1, 2021
Location: 53 West Brookhaven Drive Northeast, Atlanta, GA, USA
with Capital City Country Club
Capital City Club
Head Swim Team Coach
General Job Description: Provides leadership, direction and instruction to all levels of the swim program – private lessons, pre-competitive and competitive teams. The Head Coach position is seasonal that is active early April through late June.
Reports to: Aquatic Manager
Supervises: Assistant Coaches
Classification: Seasonal/Part-Time (active coaching early April through late June)
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hire, schedule, supervise and direct assistant and volunteer swim coaches.
- Assist with swim team website maintenance (Team Unify).
- Collaborate with Swim Team Committee (volunteer parents).
- Plan and manage all practices and meets.
- Manage swim meet entries in Hytek Team and Meet Manager accurately and timely.
- Assist with execution of all swim team special events – home meets, Family Fund Night, awards banquet, etc.
- Attend all Country Club Swim League of Atlanta Meetings.
- Plan, manage and execute incentive and award programs (practice attendance, time standards, awards, etc.).
- Provide safe, positive and fun learning environment for swimmers of all ages.
- Instruct all swimmers on proper stroke technique and racing strategy.
- Foster a fun and spirited and positive team atmosphere.
- Attend all swim team practices, meets, special events and meetings.
- Post meet results to team website in a timely manner.
- Other duties as required.
Lessons and Programs
- Opportunity to teach private and group lessons during the season.
- Opportunity to teach private and group lessons in the indoor pool on a year-round basis.
PREPARATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- College Degree preferred.
- Private/Country Club swimming and/or coaching experience preferred.
- Head coach experience preferred.
- Must have CPR/First Aid/AED certifications or the ability to obtain within 60 days.
- Competitive high school or college swimmer preferred.
- USA Swimming Coaching experience a plus.
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be proficient in Hytek Team Manager and Meet Manager.
- Knowledge of TeamUnify a plus.
Date posted: December 1, 2021
Location: 9120 Burkwood Club Drive, Mechanicsville, VA, USA
with Burkwood Swim & Racquet Club
“Learn-to-Swim” Swim Instructor (ENTRY LEVEL – We train you!)
We are looking to hire swim instructors to help children and adults of all ages develop proper swimming techniques and skills. The swim instructor’s responsibilities include evaluating each student’s performance during swim sessions and providing feedback, completing progress and accident reports, and ensuring that all swimming aids and equipment are returned at the end of lessons. Limited experience but love working with kids? That’s ok, we will train you!
Traits of a successful swim instructor:
- Extremely attentive and engaging when working with small groups of children; experience working with children ages 3-13.
- Experience babysitting, coaching, or lifeguarding.
- A team player – able to work with other instructors and independently to ensure children achieve their goals.
- Able to balance patience, enthusiasm and energy to teach children ages 3-13 for 40-minute lessons.
- Clear communicator of water safety rules and explain swimming skills and techniques in way that is fun AND instructional.
Swim Instructor Responsibilities:
- Able to commit to 2-4 lessons/day, 2-4 days/week, Monday–Thursday.
- Teaching swimming techniques, swimming strokes, and water safety rules to students with varying swimming abilities.
- Assess and record the progress of students daily.
- Monitor students to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Implement ground rules for each swim session.
- Teach swimming lessons that are fun and engaging that help children progress to the next swimming level.
- Ensure that the swimming equipment is returned after use are kept clean and tidy.
Swim Instructor Requirements:
- General knowledge of water safety and swimming skills
- Excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Passionate and enthusiastic.
Date posted: December 1, 2021
Location: 4WRH+7V Fairfield, CA, USA
with Carondelet High School
Carondelet Head Diving Coach
This position is responsible for organizing the diving program at Carondelet High School. The position conducts practices, motivates and inspires students, and instructs student athletes on diving techniques. The head coach is responsible for recruiting within the school and training and coaching team members. The head coach is required to abide by the rules and regulations of Carondelet High School, the East Bay Athletic League and the North Coast Section.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Fosters a community spirit consistent with the Carondelet Mission and Core Values, among coaches, student athletes and parents. Assures respect for the uniqueness of the individual athlete and develops the whole person, by demanding good sportsmanship, promoting positive coaching practices, communicating effectively with all constituents, and establishing and fostering a good relationship with student athletes, parents, faculty members, administrators and coaches.
- Is an equity-focused, inclusive leader with the ability to support an environment where a growth mindset is a prominent presence in all aspects of school life.
- Oversees the varsity and junior varsity teams and staff members.
- Organize and conduct practices and competitions for the Carondelet Diving program.
- Follows and maintains knowledge of school policies and procedures relevant to the position.
- Instructs and demonstrates the skills and techniques necessary for individual and team achievement.
- Develop and coordinate a competitive diving program by working closely with athletes on skill development, teamwork and leadership.
- Insures a certified coach is present at all practices and contests.
- Ensures that proper storage, maintenance and inventory of all athletic equipment and uniforms is adhered to.
- Adheres to all financial policies of the school, in regards to collection and disbursement of money, expenses and receipts.
- Maintains necessary records and completes required paperwork in a specified time and manner.
- Enforces discipline policies and emphasizes sportsmanship and healthy lifestyles.
- Ensures that appropriate rules and regulations regarding the conduct and eligibility of athletic activities and athletes are explained and followed.
- Maintains a safe environment, including facilities, for student athletes at all times.
- Manages field care and maintenance of the facility.
- Ensures that medical and safety procedures are followed in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Other duties related to team coaching as assigned by the Athletic Director.
This position is not a faculty position. Experience as a head or assistant high school diving coach or college level coaching experience preferred. Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills. Should have some knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies and techniques of the sport. Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents and students. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Bachelor’s degree preferred. CPR, First Aid AED and other coaching certifications will be required prior to coaching.
Terms of Employment
Salary as per contract.
Date posted: November 30, 2021
Location: 10000 College Blvd, Pensacola Fl
with Greater Pensacola Aquatic Club
Age Group Site Coach – Full Time
Greater Pensacola Aquatic Club
Position: The Greater Pensacola Aquatic Club (GPAC), a member of USA and Southeastern Swimming, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Age Group Site Coach. This is a full-time, salaried postition.
Duties: The candidate must be an enthusiastic motivator with a love for and knowledge of the sport who is able to work well with children and be able to communicate well with the swimmers and their parents. Candidate will be willing to be an integral contributing member of a coaching team and possess strong organizational and communication skills and take initiative to elevate the team whenever possible. Candidates must be able to coach within a pre-established, yet evolving training progression for athletes. Candidates will be on deck between 25 and 30 hours per week and will coach 8-10 practices per week over 6 days.
- Primary coaching responsibility is for the program’s age group swim groups (PM practices), other coaching assignments will be taking an active role in assisting the head coach with all aspects of the senior team (some AM practices per week).
- Develop all levels of swimmers
- Implement day-to-day group coaching in full alignment with team training plan
- Coordinate training methodology, team drills and practice group goals with head coach
- Design and oversee season training plans as approved by head coach
- Retain primary focus on technique, skill development, culture, and long-term athlete development
- Coordinate group size/lanes as it relates to performance
- Manage athlete placement/group advancement. Maintain standards/requirements to join and advance within GPAC.
- Communicate effectively with head coach and respond quickly to parents and athlete needs; Communicate effectively with the public to build community partners.
- Represent GPAC at all swimming events and attend all scheduled meet as assigned.
- Lead, recruit, develop, and help supervise P/T assistant instructors and coaches
- Maintain and update equipment and technology as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned by the head coach
Operations Responsibilities Manage day-to-day site operations, including (but not limited to):
- Coordinate and allocate pool space for practice schedules
- Manage pool office (clean, organize, office hours, office supplies)
- Maintain and update equipment and technology
- Maintain regular office hours as directed by head coach
- Home swim meet operations
- Establish/maintain team’s auxiliary programs (summer league, clinics, etc.)
Dry-Side Responsibilities Collaborate with head coach on short and long-term strategic planning of GPAC; Coordinate with head coach/office staff on administrative duties, including (but not limited to):
- General administrative duties such as online calendar maintenance, meet entries, information sharing through group chats and formal communication with staff and members.
- General onboarding of new members, including scheduling evaluations, performing skill assessments, collecting new member information.
- Participate in regular staff meetings
- Promote social media reach, post regularly
- Assist in planning and organizing team outings and events, fundraisers, as well as annual parties
- Ability to maintain all required USA Swimming coach requirements. (Required)
- College Degree (preferred),
- Competitive Swimming Experience (required),
- Swim Coaching Experience (required), preferably with a USA Swimming or YMCA Swimming team, ASCA level 2 certification (preferred)
- Experience with the Team Unify platform, Hy-Tek Software, Colorado timing equipment, Microsoft Office Products and Google Drive. (required)
- Driver’s license and automobile for travel. (required)
- Ability to move heavy equipment for swim meet set up or as otherwise required
- Other duties as requested
Background: GPAC is a parent run non-profit (501c3) organization of 150+ swimmers, based in Pensacola, Florida. Pensacola is located on Northwest Florida’s panhandle and all of our pools are less than 30 minutes to the beach. Florida does not have income tax and Escambia County has a cost of living well below the national average. Along with our competitive swim team we also run a swim school which consists of 70+ swimmers per month, a masters group, swim clinics and summer leagues. Our facilities include one 6 lane 25-yard pool and one 8 lane 50-meter pool both of which are on college campuses. GPAC is a board-supported, stable program and has a long history of success for nearly 50 years. GPAC’s Mission is to develop all levels of swimmers and instill values and life-skills that foster success in all aspects of life. To learn more about the Greater Pensacola Aquatic Club, see our web page at www.gpacswimteam.org
- Pay Range ($33,000 – $38,000) based on ASCA level, degree held, knowledge and experience
- All coaches receive a monthly cell phone stipend and may receive bonuses based on team performance.
- Full time positions offer additional benefits such as health insurance and retirement contributions.
- GPAC will also reimburse for appropriate meet expenses, professional certifications/education, and coaching memberships.
- GPAC provides $1500 for moving expenses
- Total compensation package is between ($41,000 – $46,000)
Position is open immediately. Submissions will be reviewed upon receipt until the position is filled. Ideal candidate would be able to start by January/February 2022. Qualified candidates should e-mail all the following to Head Coach/CEO, Greg Johnson ([email protected]).
- A GPAC application (found on our website under “contacts” then “work for GPAC”)
- A cover letter highlighting your professional coaching objectives as well as a summary of coaching philosophy.
- A resume highlighting your experience, qualifications
Date posted: November 30, 2021
Location: 841 N Roop St, Carson City, NV, USA
with Carson Tigersharks Swim Team
The Carson Tigersharks is a 501(c)(3) non-profit team with a parent-run Board of Directors. The team is located in Carson City, NV, in Northern Nevada and the Sierra Nevada mountain range. Our facility includes an indoor 25yd x 50m competitive pool, with a seasonally open outdoor 6-lane 25yd pool.
Our team is seeking an individual interested in the Head Age Group Coach position beginning in January 2022. This is an excellent opportunity to join a staff of a growing competitive program and become a key person in the further development of our growth. Coaching experience is preferred, but a minimum background in competitive swimming is necessary. If needed, the Carson Tigersharks will reimburse expenses to become a certified USA Swimming coach.
This is an hourly position @ $20-24/hour depending on qualifications and experience. This job has the potential to develop into a salaried position after one year with the team. Meet attendance (typically 1-2 per month) and approximately 15-20 hours of coaching and administrative work per week is required. Private lesson time and Masters coaching are available as optional opportunities to increase income.
Major responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning and implementing the Carson Tigersharks Age Group program in and out of the water in coordination with the Head Coach and Team Manager.
- Actively promote and grow the Carson Tigersharks Age Group program.
- Handle age group administrative duties as assigned by the Head Coach, including but not limited to, developing season training plans & goals for age group training levels, the construction of daily practices, coordinating in-house novice meets, and communicating with age group parents & swimmers.
Date posted: November 30, 2021
Location: 7101 South MoPac Expressway, Austin, TX, USA
with Life Time
Date posted: November 30, 2021
Location: 2420 Post Road, Darien, CT, USA
with Darien YMCA
Imagine going to work each day knowing what you do positively influences the lives of people and community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and build a career with a future. We offer the opportunity to make a lasting difference in your community and yourself!
At the Y, we want you to feel valued in your work and confident in your potential. The Y is a diverse community that believes in you and supports you in your desire to succeed.
As the Competitive Swimming Head Coach, you are a dynamic individual who comes to work with a smile and genuinely enjoys working with athletes, parents, members, and staff. From the pool deck, you will bring your superior knowledge, skills, and leadership to effectively communicate with and guide swimmers in proper competitive swimming techniques. As a dedicated coach, you ensure a safe and enthusiastic sporting environment in which your team will thrive.
While promoting team and individual athlete goals, positive outlooks and core values, the Head Coach is continuously innovating and preparing curriculum, seasonal plans, practices, and strategies to motivate team and staff. Your focus is on developing competitive skills and teamwork as well as encouraging and leading your team at competitive meets. Your reliability and punctuality fosters trust and commitment from both team and staff.
Your top-quality skills and friendly, welcoming demeanor create positive public relations and fosters the Y’s commitment to providing a superb swim team experience.
Our commitment to you includes a competitive wage, benefits package, savings and retirement plans, paid time off, thorough training, a first-rate facility, and an individual membership to the Y! Be a part of our team and enjoy working in a great environment.
Some additional duties for the Competitive Swimming Head Coach include, but are not limited to:
- Regularly work flexible hours including some evenings, weekends, or holidays.
- Perform team administrative duties including registrations, communications, website maintenance and updates.
- Know, understand, and consistently apply safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic areas.
- Communicate with all team members and parents regarding schedules, trainings, meets in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Aquatics Director, Assistant Coaches, and other staff to ensure proper team management and instruction.
- Coach Masters Swim Program, swim clinics and pre-team classes.
- Professional, friendly, punctual, and reliable with ability to fulfill all team coaching responsibilities.
- Effective, professional verbal and written communication skills
- 5 Years Swim Coaching experience
- Must possess auditory, verbal, and visual capabilities to monitor team environment effectively.
- Current CPR/AED, Lifeguarding and/or Coaches Safety Training Certifications
- Current or obtained prior to employment: USA Registered to include Athlete Protection/Safesport Certification, Concussion Protocol, USADA/Coach Advantage Tutorial, Foundations of Coaching course, 101, 102, 103, USA swim background check.
- Additional YMCA certifications and registrations to be obtained soon after employment.
- Pass YMCA background check
- Preferred ASCA Level 1 Certification though not required.
- Sit, stand, or maintain physical activity for extended periods of time, including continuous physical endurance for up to two or more hours while actively coaching.
- May be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions while in indoor swimming pool areas. May be exposed to outdoor weather conditions such as heat, cold, humidity, wind while in outdoor swimming pool areas.
- Occasional local, regional, or out of state travel required.
Date posted: November 30, 2021
Location: Austin, TX, USA
SwimSwam is seeking an associate editor to join our growing staff.
This is a part-time position, with a focus on evening (~5-8PM Eastern) and weekend work.
- Experience in professional writing/journalism/editing
- Experience in Swim Nerd-iness
- College newspaper editors are welcome to apply
- Reviewing writers’ work before publishing
- Monitoring comments
- Contributing to editorial discussions on important coverage
- Writing high-value articles
This is a fully remote position, though opportunities to travel to meets for coverage are available.
Date posted: November 29, 2021
Location: Colorado, USA
with Fort Collins Area Swim Team
Lead Group Coach and Program Coordinator
Fort Collins Area Swim Team
The mission of Fort Collins Area Swim Team is to provide Fort Collins and the surrounding community with a competitive swimming program that creates World Class Character through Excellence in Swimming by being Athlete Centered, Coach Driven and Board Supported. FAST is a non-profit organization managed by a volunteer Board of Directors, with club membership composed of parents and guardians of FAST swimmers. FAST has achieved USA Club Excellence Gold medal status 2017, 2018, and Silver the past three years and is currently Club Recognition Level 2.
The candidate will lead Fort Collins Area Swim Team groups on deck as a coach and function as a program coordinator in an administrative role. In addition, the candidate will implement FAST’s dry land program, attend regular swim meets, and cover other training groups as the coaching staff needs. A strong background in competitive swimming and prior coaching experience is necessary. In addition to on-deck coaching duties the applicant will have team related administrative duties in the areas of meet entries, team communication, and scheduling.
This is a full-time salaried position of approximately 40 hours per week including some weekends. 35,000-45,000 salary based on experience and qualifications. Benefits include a IRA match and health insurance coverage.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- 5 years experience coaching competitive swimming required
- Afternoon/evening and some weekend availability required
- Computer skills required to operate our Team Unify platform and Hytek swimming software.
- USA Swimming Coach certification required. CPR, Coaches Safety, Athlete Protection, and Background Check.
- To protect our community, all full-time staff are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to hire.
- Reliable Transportation
Date posted: November 29, 2021
Location: 457 Sebago Road, Naples, ME, USA
with Camp Skylemar
$9,000 for 8 weeks of directing aquatics program at fabulous summer camp in Maine! Located on a virtually private two-mile-long sparkling clean lake, Camp Skylemar is in search of a top-notch Aquatics Director to lead our well-established (73 years!) swimming and boating program. Housing, meals, laundry service and travel stipend provided. Families welcome!
Known for our outstanding staff, we seek a Aquatics Director who:
- is a teacher or coach with extensive experience running a program
- shares our belief that nothing is more important than safety
- is comfortable teaching all levels, from the fearful to the competitive
- is WSI or LGI certified
- can train, motivate and supervise a staff of 15 collegiate lifeguards
For more information, go to https://campskylemar.com/, email [email protected].
Date posted: November 26, 2021
Location: Stadium Drive, OCBC Aquatic Centre, Singapore
with Singapore Swimming Association
WATER POLO WOMEN’S TEAM HEAD COACH
(SINGAPORE WATER POLO)
PRIMARY JOB PURPOSE
Within the guidelines and constraints determined by Singapore Swimming Association (SSA), the Water Polo Women’s Team Head Coach is responsible for all high performance programme of the National Women’s Water Polo team as well as working in collaboration with the Sport Director & Vice-President (Water Polo) on the development of the High Performance plan, that includes plans to achieve high performance targets and a sustainable pipeline that enable our players to achieve at desired targets at major games and competitions This post is a full-time position based in Singapore under the employment of Singapore Swimming Association (SSA).
Reports to the Sport Director as well as support the Vice-President (Water Polo) in all matters pertaining to women Water Polo in Singapore.
A. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Effective Relationship and communication with SSA’s Partners and Stakeholders
- To work closely with the SSA’s partners and stakeholders including SportSG, its affiliates, other national federations, and sponsors to ensure alignment.
2) Technical Responsibilities
- To coach the National Women’s Water Polo team on daily basis;
- Responsible for all high-performance programmes of the National Women’s Water Polo team;
- To work closely with the Singapore Sports Institute Scientist Support Group on high performance plan to provide sports science and medicine support for national players;
- To work, under the supervision of the Sport Director & Vice-President (Water Polo), on the implementation of Continuing Coaches Education (CCE) programmes and the delivery of the technical component of the SG Coach Level 1 & 2 Coaching Course modules in partnership with CoachSG;
- To work, under the supervision of the Sport Director & Vice-President (Water Polo), on club development by developing coaching strategies and athlete development strategies that will help the clubs to increase their pipelines and improve quality and competency of their women players;
- To work with the Sport Director & Vice-President (Water Polo) and the Water Polo Technical Committees on the development of the sport, driving towards a playing style that exploits world-class water polo strategies and tactics which are suitable for our smaller-built athletes.
3) Performance Targets
- To retain the Silver Medal at SEA Games in 2023
- To win the SEA Games Gold Medal in 2025
4) Team Communication
- Communicate SSA policies to all team members (including but not limited to Team By-Laws, Anti-Doping Policy, Member Protection Policies) and complete incident reports of any breaches.
5) Programme Budget
- To prepare the high-performance budget before each Financial Year.
- Follow up all incidents and report to Sport Director & Vice-President (Water Polo) on final outcomes.
- Database of athlete performance and progressive updates on National Women Team players’ performances and training plans
B. JOB HOLDER REQUIREMENTS
- Possess relevant Water Polo coaching certifications.
- Experienced in coaching water polo successfully at major international meets.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the issues relating to managing a major national team at an international meet.
- Has the demonstrated capacity to coordinate activities, people and resources and to maintain appropriate monitoring and controls.
- Experienced in dealing with international and national media and press conferences.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge of water polo to enable understanding of specific water polo administrative procedures and technical requirements of the athletes and other officials.
- Has the interpersonal skills and technical expertise to provide an effective link between team members and Championship officials and technical committees.
- Experienced in coaching players successfully at international meets.
- Experienced developing season plans and working with Sports Scientist.
- Experienced in mentoring coaches.
2) Personal Attributes
- Has the interpersonal and management skills to successfully motivate and direct athletes where relevant.
- Works effectively with people and shows respect and sensitivity to their needs.
- Demonstrates a logical approach in weighing up issues and coming to a decision.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills and able to provide reports when required.
- Demonstrates ability to handle crisis situations.
- Shows enthusiasm and preparedness to put athlete performance before personal considerations.
- Available to attend all pre-competition meetings, training camps and meets if require.
- Ability to work on weekends.
- Ability to travel overseas.
Date posted: November 25, 2021
Location: Eugene, OR, USA
with Team Eugene Aquatics
Team Eugene Aquatics is searching for a disciplined, hardworking, and eager coach to lead our Senior Blue and 13-14 Blue groups. Team Eugene has been a staple in the Eugene/Springfield Oregon area for over 20 years. The stability of the program in Eugene has recently seen a new coaching staff with a new mission. In a relatively short time, our membership has grown rapidly and is taking big steps towards our vision.
TEAM has improved from 11th in the LSC and 591st nationally in 2019-2020 to 4th and 314th in 2021 respectively in USA Swimming’s Virtual Club Championship. From 2004-2019 TEAM’s average position in the LSC has been 11th. Our goal is to be the top team in the LSC in the next 5 years.
We are searching for an enthusiastic and eager coach who is ready to learn, work, and help bring TEAM from “good” to great.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Report directly to the Head Senior Coach and Head Age Group coach.
- Create season plan and daily swim workouts based on competitive team plan.
- Work with athletes leading dryland/strength training based on plan created by our dryland coordinator.
- Meet entries and other administrative duties as assigned by Head Coach
- Participate in all coaches’ meetings.
Date posted: November 23, 2021
Location: 740 Clifton Road Southeast, Atlanta, GA, USA
with Druid Hills Golf Club
The Head Swim Team Coach is responsible for overseeing all aspects of CCSL Swim League season, to include management of staff, communication to membership, execution of all practices and meets. This responsibility will include the management of our current swim technologies such as TeamUnify and Hy-Tek. Head Swim Team Coach shall maintain all aspects and services at the highest quality level for the enjoyment of member. The Head Swim Team Coach will have a positive attitude, sense of urgency, ability to motivate and lead the swimmers to improve. This individual will directly supervise the Assistant Coaches, Grad Assistants, and work in tandem with the pool services staff. The Head Swim Team Coach will be expected to assist in managing all aspects of the swim team practices, meets, and special events with the Youth & Aquatics Manager. This position reports directly to the Fitness Director. This individual will hire, train, and supervise subordinates, and apply relevant coaching techniques to meet the wants and needs of club members. This position requires the ability to organize and prioritize, be personable, responsible, and willing to work in a team environment with an emphasis on leadership. At times, this position may require working nights, weekends, and holidays.
Job Tasks (Duties)
- Participates in meetings leading up to the CCSL season.
- Participates in special events leading up to the CCSL season.
- Participates in Swim Committee meetings as requested.
- Executes daily swim practices, meets, and related events.
- Develops practice schedule with the Fitness Director.
- Oversees training of new and current staff.
- Conducts end of season performance reviews of direct reports
- Follows and enforces all rules and policies of the Club.
- Conducts weekly or, as needed, department meetings with staff to disseminate information, discuss solutions, etc.
- Maintains a high level of member contact throughout service hours.
- Maintains all communication about CCSL special events to the membership.
- Should provide consistent updates about team and season as it progresses (records, scores, etc.)
- Full management and ownership of all swim team technologies (TeamUnify, Hy-Tek, MembersFirst Reservations, etc.)
- Full management of the meet lineups/heats and submission of entries to the proper channels.
- Main contact point for the organization and execution for the swim team families for signups.
- Management of scheduled lesson/clinics for Assistant Coaches and self. Ensure billing are accurate and timely.
- Work in planning and execution of special CCSL Swim Team events with the Youth & Aquatics Manager.
- Handles all member and guest complaints in a professional manner and according to established policies, and forwards all information to the Fitness Director
- Assists in the maintenance of the predetermined operating budget for the season.
- Revises scheduled staff according to the needs of the swim team and work schedule that fits with budgeted standards.
- Coordinates the orientation of all new employees with Director of Human Resources.
- Maintains an accurate time and labor allocation account of each employee under his/her supervision.
- Oversees the completion of all paperwork on a daily basis.
- Participates as an active member of the club leadership staff in improving the service and operation of the Club.
- Always maintains professional and well-groomed appearance
- Maintains the upkeep and cleanliness of all Pool Deck equipment and facilities
- Audits and approves weekly departmental payroll including scheduling
- Maintains current certifications in CPR/AED and WSI
- Maintains positive attitude with all staff and members. Avoids all negative comments.
- Practices “Teamwork” with all departments outside of the swim team
- Maintains knowledge of role during emergency situations. Aware of life safety procedures.
- Displays a sense of urgency with all tasks; sets an example for the staff. Punctual and prepared before staff arrivals.
- Ensures all billing for all lessons, clinics, and extra swim leagues are accurate and timely. Verifies the accuracy of all charges. Delivers detailed billing to accounting department on aa needed for posting and review.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Fitness Director.
- 3+ years of swim coach experience in a premier level private club or recognized swim club
- High level of interpersonal skills to communicate policies, procedures, and objectives
- Professional references required
- Initiative, creativity and self-motivation as well as discipline
- Ability to motivate others and manage financial and human resources effectively and responsibly to achieve established goals and objectives
- High level of professionalism and integrity as befitting a member of leadership
- Self-accountability and emotional awareness
- Frequent bending, stooping, pulling, lifting
- Continuous standing, walking, repetitive actions for extended periods of time; Occasional sitting
- Heat sensitive environment
- Able to operate standard office equipment including computer; Above average proficiency with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word and Outlook. Knowledge in swim technologies like TeamUnify and Hy-Tek
- Must be able to exercise good judgment under pressure
- Have a high level of interpersonal and organizational skills
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per company standards. Due to the seasonal nature of the position, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the swim team. Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Druid Hills Golf Clubs rules and regulations. This job posting is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. Druid Hills Golf Club is an equal opportunity employer and drug free work place. Pre-employment Criminal Background Checks and professional Reference Checks are required.
Benefits include comprehensive health insurance coverage, 401k, complimentary employee meals and golf privileges, parking, social events, and opportunities for professional development.
We offer a competitive salary position commensurate to experience.
Date posted: November 22, 2021
Location: 150 Piping Rock Road, Locust Valley, NY, USA
with Piping Rock Club
We are a private country club located on the North Shore of Long Island, NY. we are currently seeking a Manager of Instruction to run our summer pool and beach program. The position runs from May 27 through September 11 for 2022, but we understand if candidates for the position have other commitments at the beginning and end of the season.
Responsible for all pool deck supervision and instruction.
- Provides lessons and clinics relating to the techniques and strategies of swimming and diving to members and guests.
- Plans and directs swimming instruction programs, in accordance with American Red Cross standards.
- Arranges a program and schedules for private and group swimming and diving lessons.
- Acts as coach of PRC swim and dive teams.
- Schedules and attends practice sessions
- Maintains all lesson and clinic records.
- Bills all lessons and clinics into POS system.
- Maintains presence during special pool and beach events.
- Acts as Head Lifeguard and manages, schedules, and supervises the Lifeguard staff
- Provides orientation and trains Lifeguard staff in Lifeguarding (Pool/Sound)/CPR/ AED/First Aid.
- Ensures that all payroll is verified on a weekly basis.
- Arranges for uniforms for staff.
- Maintains an accurate record of all lessons and clinics given, with accurate billing.
- Creates and manages swim instruction program for Sports Group.
- Evaluates Sports Group campers for swimmer/non-swimmer designation.
- Maintains a courteous, polite, and helpful relationship with members and guests.
- Tests pool water regularly to ensure proper chemical balance.
- Notifies Aquatic Director, Grounds, and Maintenance Department of safety issues concerning chemical imbalance or maintenance issues on the pool deck and beach area.
- Attends scheduled Beach Committee meetings.
We offer a competitive salary plus commissions on lessons. We are willing to assist on temporary housing. We are an equal opportunity employer.