Date posted: June 23, 2021
Location: 564 South Avenue, New Canaan, CT, USA
with New Canaan YMCA Caimans
Associate Competitive Swim Director
Full Time Exempt- With Benefits
YMCA, New Canaan, CT, US
Salary Range: $42,000.00 To $53,000.00 Annually
Under the direction of the Competitive Swimming Director, the Associate Director is an assistant coach who can work with all levels of the competitive swim program but will have the ability to lead specific groups as deemed appropriate by the Director of Competitive Swimming. The Associate Director is responsible to be the leader of the team when the Director of Competitive Swimming is not available. Working with the Director of Competitive Swimming the Associate Director will oversee supervising assistant coaches and volunteers. The Associate Director is also responsible for maintaining a high level of communication with fellow coaches, other competitive coaches here at the YMCA, swim team parents, USA Swimming and CT Swimming Coaches, and all YMCA directors and staff. The Associate Director will also be responsible for office work and other responsibilities including but not limited to attending monthly YMCA director meetings, planning events (competitive and social), completing swim meet entries, seasonal scheduling, planning program capacities, and budget responsibilities. The Associate Director must be able to answer questions pertaining to all levels of the swim team and other areas of the YMCA, assist with the setup, operation, and take down of all home meets, as well as assist the Director of Competitive Swimming in areas related to the swim team as needed.
Previous competitive coaching experience/participation is required, as well as strong administrative, organizational, and computer skills. Knowledge of Hy-Tek swimming software as well as operation of the Colorado Timing System is preferred. Certifications in the following safety areas: CPR for the Professional Rescuer/AED, Lifeguard Training or Safety Training for the Swim Coaches, and First Aid. Must have or be able to complete a USA Swimming background check as well as complete USA Swimming Course work in athlete protection, coach advantage tutorial and concussion training. Minimum ASCA level two certification recommended. Other certifications: YMCA Principles of Competitive Swimming and Diving and USA Swimming Foundations of Coaching.
- Organize, oversee and run practices for all training groups.
- Be able to be both the lead coach as well as an assistant coach for all practice groups.
- Attend scheduled coach’s and YMCA Staff meetings.
- Report to the Director of Competitive Swimming on matters relating to the Competitive Swim Program (i.e.assistant coaches, practice schedules, team development, etc.)
- Responsible for all Age Group Meet Entries
- Posting fees as it relates to Team Unify.
- Assist in meet entry preparation and distribution of entries in a timely manner.
- Help set up, operate, run and take down home swim meets.
- Attend meets assigned by the Director of Competitive Swimming especially all sessions of championship meet.
- Assist other coaches as needed.
- Assist all practice groups including senior levels and masters, as needed.
- Reply to phone messages and e-mails in a timely manner (next day or ASAP).
- Develop and assist with the distribution of the monthly newsletter.
- Develop and assist with creating individual progressions to help with placement of swimmers in respective groups.
- Help plan and coordinate monthly parent meetings.
- Assist in website development (photos, meet announcements, team information, etc.)
- Keep all required certifications up to date (CPR, Coaches Safety Training, First Aid, Lifeguarding, USA Swimming Child Protection and USA Swimming Background Check)
- Correspond daily and weekly on matters pertaining swim team.
- Continue personal education related to the sport of swimming.
- Attend Coaching Clinics
- Attend online coaching clinics offered by USA Swimming and ASCA.
- Attend the YMCA National Championships (Short and Long Course), as well as any other travel meet where two coaches are needed, and the event requires an extended overnight stay.
- Assist Director of Competitive Swimming in developing and maintaining team vision, plan and overall budget.
- Assist in the supervision and evaluation of part-time coaches.
- Attend all professional staff meetings to keep informed of all activities at the YMCA.
- Assist in all YMCA activities and special events, as needed, to ensure their success.
- Perform other duties as designated by the supervisor.
- Job Description may be changed at any time by supervisor.
- Sufficient Strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position, and to supervise program activities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, and talk.
- The employee may occasionally need to exercise these physical labor demands of light work, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally.
- While performing the duties of this job, this individual may occasionally be exposed to outdoor weather conditions, wet and/or humid environments, moderate/ extreme noise. The practice schedule may include early mornings and late evenings. The meet schedule may include weekends.
EFFECT ON END RESULT
Assist in organizing, promoting, and developing an efficient and effective swim team program to encourage enjoyable youth participation and retention.
Date posted: June 23, 2021
Location: 221 Duff Street, Gambier, OH, USA
with Kenyon College
Kenyon College invites applications for the position of Assistant Swimming Coach working with both the Men’s and Women’s teams. The position is a full-time 10-month appointment with flexibility to set work hours appropriate to the needs of the program. The position also includes a generous benefits package.
The Assistant Swimming Coach will provide assistance for the Head Coach in all areas associated with creating and sustaining a championship environment and program. Duties of primary importance will include: 1) recruiting – identifying prospective student-athletes who meet Kenyon College’s academic standards; contacting (email, phone, mail, social media) prospective recruits, families, and coaches; arranging campus visits for recruits; and developing recruiting materials, 2) on-deck coaching, and 3) student-athlete advising. Additional duties will include: strength training and conditioning, data collection and management, arranging travel, tracking equipment, and managing budgets. Other assignments will be defined by the Head Coach and / or Director of Athletics.
Candidates should exemplify leadership in the management of a successful collegiate swimming program and also show a strong desire to pursue a career in collegiate coaching at the NCAA Division I, II or III level.
It is also expected that the Assistant Swimming Coach embrace the department mission of fostering learning and developing community with a focus on the values of citizenship, competition, resiliency, sportsmanship, and teamwork within Kenyon’s unique campus culture. Successful candidates will be able to show a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in their support for students from diverse ethnic, socioeconomic, religious, and national backgrounds.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Collegiate coaching experience preferred
- Collegiate swimming experience
- Experience in recruitment of academically focused student-athletes is preferred
- CPR, First Aid and AED Certification is required (and can be completed after hire)
Kenyon College is an equal opportunity employer and applications from members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged. It is the College’s policy to evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and/or mental disability, age, religion, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy or state, local, or federal law. Kenyon College has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion. Please visit our Diversity at Kenyon website.
Date posted: June 22, 2021
Location: 900 North Benton Avenue, Springfield, MO, USA
with Drury University Swimming and Diving
Drury University, a Division II member of the NCAA and member of the Great Lakes Valley Conference, is accepting applications for the Graduate Assistant Coach position for our Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Program to begin August 2021.
The successful candidates will assist the Head Coach in all aspects of the Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving program including coaching, recruiting, training, coordination of team travel, assisting with administrative duties, and performing other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
Strong organizational and communication skills are expected. Candidates must possess enthusiasm for coaching and the sport of swimming. The successful candidate will be a person who strives to create an environment that fosters teamwork, high performance, and personal development. Candidates must strictly adhere to NCAA, GLVC, Drury and departmental rules and regulations.
Graduate Assistant Coach: Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Acceptance into College of Graduate Studies and maintain a 3.0 GPA
- Excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills
- Ability to obtain CPR and First Aid certification
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution.
Graduate Assistant Coach: Preferred Skills
- 1-3 years coaching experience as a USA Swimming coach, volunteer assistant for an NCAA Swimming team, or equivalent position.
- Proficiency with recruiting software, google drive, and HyTek software.
Date posted: June 22, 2021
Location: Tigard, OR, USA
with Tigard Tualatin Swim Club
The Tigard-Tualatin Swim Club is conducting a search for a dynamic Head Age Group Coach. TTSC is a multi-site team that operates out of pools in both Tigard and Tualatin, OR (suburbs of Portland). We currently have approximately 120 swimmers ranging from age 6 to 18.
The Head Age Group Coach of the Tigard-Tualatin Swim Club demonstrates leadership and responsibility for the administration of aspects relating to the age group programs of the club. S/he will be involved in all aspects of the TTSC program, including (but not limited to) scheduling, training, performance, and safety.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, competitive program aimed at athletes age 14 and younger.
- Plan and conduct 2-4 hours per day of on-deck coaching, working with our Pre-Senior 1 and Junior 1 groups (ages 9-14).
- Communicate effectively with parents, swimmers, and other coaches (email, phone, face to face).
- Coordinate and develop group goals and curriculum.
- Maintain up-to-date performance reports on age group athletes.
- Coordinate online meet entries (Team Unify) for all age group meets.
- Attend all scheduled swim meets, meetings, and team functions as required.
- Assist Head Coach with planning seasonal practice and meet schedules.
- Assist with team tryouts and swimmer assessments for group placement.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Bachelor’s Degree (exercise science, education, or related field preferred).
- Minimum of 3 years’ successful experience as an Age Group Coach or Head Age Group Coach with a USA Swimming team is preferred.
- ASCA Level 2 or above preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Positive and energetic presence with a passion for teaching technique.
- Proficiency with Team Unify web services, meet entries, and communication.
- Current CPR, First Aid, Coaches Safety, and Safe Sport certifications and membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
Preferred start date: Immediate. The position will remain open until filled. Salary range $32,000-$35,000, commensurate with experience.
For more information about our team and programs, please visit our website at www.ttsc.org
Date posted: June 22, 2021
Location: 1 John Carroll Blvd, University Heights, OH, USA
with John Carroll University
The Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach works under the Head Swimming and Diving Coach providing support for the recruitment of student-athletes, organization of the program and implementation of practice and swim meet plans. This includes, but is not limited to identifying and connecting with prospective student-athletes, communication with athletes, preparation of facilities, distribution and care of equipment, creating social media content and coordinating travel arrangements.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Serve as the primary recruiting coordinator by identifying, contacting and logging recruit communications for all prospective student-athletes.
- Send emails using Slate on a regular basis to prospective student-athletes.
- Coordinate recruiting visits with Admissions, Head Coach and various academic departments across campus.
- Ensure unofficial and official visit itineraries for prospective student-athletes are in compliance with NCAA requirements.
- Create a social media calendar and be responsible for regular postings on various team social media channels.
- Assist the Head Coach in elements of practices and meets to include preparation, effective execution of drills, one-on-one development and fulfillment of meet day responsibilities.
- Assist the Head Coach with the development of a successful training program, including a practice-writing leadership role for a specific training group.
- Set up in advance of home swim meets to ensure that computer, scoreboard and logistical items are fully functioning and run throughs are completed prior to warm ups.
- Help coordinate all administrative requirements for team travel arrangements including, but not limited to, lodging and dining.
- Assist with uniform and apparel ordering.
- Maintain current alumni database.
- Help to write and publish electronic newsletters to alumni, program supporters and stakeholders.
- Work in conjunction with the Head Swimming and Diving Coach and the Strength and Conditioning Coach to design and implement targeted development and training programs appropriate to the specific needs of athletes and teams.
- Assist in the development of community outreach programs, and promotional activities in collaboration with internal staff, and assist in approved fundraising activities as designated by the head coach.
*This is a 10-month benefits-eligible position.
Date posted: June 22, 2021
Location: 3200 California Street, San Francisco, CA, USA
with Jewish Community Center of San Francisco
The Aquatics Program Manager oversees all aspects of aquatic operations and programming including safety standards, Swim School, budget oversight, customer service, business operations and facility upkeep. The Aquatics Program Manager provides strong, effective leadership and guidance to aquatics staff, members, and participants.
- Hire, supervise, train, and evaluate the Assistant Aquatics Program Manager and all department administrative staff.
- Ensure that the Aquatic Facility maintains exceptionally high safety standards with lifeguards proactively trained and evaluated.
- Ensure that the JCCSF Swim School (group and private lessons) are managed to the highest quality standards while maintaining strong enrollments and exceptional customer satisfaction.
- Set policy and operating standards for all aquatic functions including: safety, customer service, staff accountability, programming, member services, etc. Ensure these standards are consistently met.
- Develop, manage, and oversee the Aquatic operating budget.
- Meet and exceed revenue and performance goals.
- Report as required on performance and variances.
- Manage and oversee business operations and systems including: administrative staff, registration, payroll, record maintenance and staff/participant communication.
- Manage and determine the Aquatic Facility’s needs, including appropriate pool scheduling and usage allocation.
- Partner with JCCSF Building Services to ensure mechanical and chemical systems are safe, proactively maintained and in good working order.
- Manage all member services including: Swim School, lap swim, pool use rules, and schedules. Ensure that the needs of our membership are being served.
- Provide ongoing coaching and constructive feedback to staff. Evaluate staff per JCCSF evaluation policy procedures and timeframe.
- In conjunction with the JCCSF Marketing Department, coordinate and execute an ongoing program marketing strategy.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the Director of Internal Operations & Aquatics regarding program/facility/staff needs, challenges and successes.
- Perform Lifeguarding duties as needed.
- Additional duties as required.
- Minimum of three years Senior Aquatic Program/Facility Management experience, including:
- Direct responsibility for pool operations including safety standards, staff supervision, facility maintenance, budgeting, business operations, financial performance/oversight and program development/management.
- Knowledge of and experience with managing various swim school models.
- In-depth knowledge of safety procedures.
- Strong Aquatic background including:
- Current Certified Pool Operator (CPO) or Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) certification (can be obtained within first 6 months of hire)
- Current Lifeguard and Lifeguard Instructor Certification required (Lifeguard Instructor Trainer Certification a plus)
- Significant experience as a swim instructor.
- Experience supervising an aquatic staff including Aquatics Management, Lifeguards, and Swim Instructors.
- BA/BS required, advanced degree preferred in relevant fields (such as Recreation, Sport Management, Business Management).
- Experience developing and managing a large operating budget (at least $400k in size).
- Strong leadership qualities such as:
- Coaching and supervisory skills and experience, focused on team building and growth.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and inspire a large and diverse staff team.
- Attention to detail
- Personal responsibility, accountability, and motivation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Professional presence and demeanor.
- Focus on customer service.
- Advanced skills in CRM systems, MS Office, and the ability to learn new business software programs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage time effectively.
Benefited, exempt, supervisory position, $75K – $80K salary
Date posted: June 22, 2021
Location: 12332 Ranch Road 620 North, Austin, TX, USA
with Waterloo Swimming
Waterloo Swimming (WLOO) is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable Swim Coach to direct/lead one of our Age Group swim groups (10U). You get the opportunity to work with a team that’s an ASCA Top 25 Team, Texas Top 5 TAGs Team, and Top 40 VCC Team in the US for the past two years. Candidates should be able to show technique driven processes and improvements in swimmers at this level.
Duties and skills of the Lead Swim Coach include but are not limited to:
- Abide by the American Swimming Coaches Association Code of Ethics, the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and Waterloo Swimming policies and procedures.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with our curriculum, practice schedules, and be supportive of the overall philosophy and direction of Waterloo Swimming.
- Grow, coach, oversee, and manage our Waterloo Swimming program by writing and executing workouts, attending meets, entering swimmers into meets via software, running clinics, and social functions. Teach proper swim techniques and stroke mechanics
- Is willing and motivated to work/be involved on multiple fronts within the organization- leading or assisting with fundraisers, special events and team-builders, clinics, camps, evaluation process, attend home and away meets, and participate in coaches’ education opportunities.
- Assist other coaches/instructors as needed within Waterloo Swimming and communicate regularly with counterpart group coaches. Recommend group practice assignments for each swimmer. Substitute for other coaches as needed. Prepare and submit swimmers’ meet entries and attend assigned swim meets.
- Interact effectively with parents
- Keep records and reports as directed by the Head Age Group Coach. Maintaining a safe pool environment during practices (water quality checks/pool area clean up/etc)
- Model proper dress, language, demeanor, and sportsmanship for swimmers. Exhibit daily a passion for helping swimmers maximize their potential
- Possess USA Swimming certifications and credentials commensurate with the position.
- Work with the Waterloo Leadership Team to make the program the preeminent swim program in Texas. Work within our Waterloo culture of being an Athlete-Centric center of excellence; getting Results through FUNdamentals; supporting Attendence+Effort=Success philosophy; and, building out our #swimfamily culture
Date posted: June 21, 2021
Location: Walter Graham Aquatic Center, Alamo Drive, Vacaville, CA, USA
with VACAVILLE SWIM CLUB
Vacaville Swim Club located in Nor-Cal/Sierra Nevada Swimming is currently in search of a Head Age Group Coach for three of our 13 and under swim groups and coach some master’s workouts.
The ideal candidate brings energy to the deck, creating an environment that is both fun and focused.
They are good at creating healthy relationships with athletes and their families.
They are passionate about developing a positive team culture.
• Create an energetic and cooperative practice environment.
• Lead structured practices in the afternoons year-round.
• Create thorough, age-appropriate workouts that support long term development of athletes.
• Attend swim team events such as meets, meetings, board meetings, social events, etc.
• Engage athletes and parents, cultivating relationships to create a collaborative swim team
• Communicate weekly with parents, athletes, and other VACAVILLE Coaching staff.
• Strong knowledge of stroke technique and training methods for 13 and under.
• Ability to effectively communicate appropriate group goals and drill progressions to swimmers, other coaches on staff and parents when necessary.
• Strong relationship building skills.
• This position would require 40 hours/week to include on deck coaching, administrative
responsibilities, planning and communication weekly; plus; planning and attending swim meets as scheduled.
• We are a non-profit organization, board run, swim team with about 180 swimmers and 70 masters.
• Compensation is a salaried position and dependent on experience.
Date posted: June 21, 2021
Location: 720 Shoals Road, Duncan, SC, USA
with Y-Spartaquatics Swim Club
Head Age Group Coach
Duncan, South Carolina
Y-Spartaquatics Swim Club
The YMCA of Greater Spartanburg’s Y-Spartaquatics Swim Club, a USA Swimming Level 4 and Silver Medal Club is looking to hire a Head Age Group Coach to lead and direct it’s successful 12/Under program and grow it to new heights. YSSC is a 375 member team which recently won the South Carolina 14/Under and South Carolina Senior State Championships. The Head Age Group Coach under the direction of the Director of Competitive Swimming/Head Coach will work to deliver developmentally appropriate training to prepare swimmers for the transition into senior swimming.
Under the supervision of the Head Coach the Head Age Group Coach is responsible for all facets of the 12/Under program at YSSC. This includes planning for seasonal and long term goals for the program and individual practice groups. They will be the lead coach for two practice groups and supervise the entire 12/Under staff. The Head Age Group Coach will provide regular communication with families, assist in all aspects of meet management including being responsible for submitting team entries for meets. They will develop and track swimmer recognition programs and assist our Director of Recruiting in their annual recruiting efforts within the robust summer leagues in the area. The Head Age Group Coach will also be responsible for maintaining the team bulletin board, creating and coordinating team apparel orders, assisting in the YMCA’s Annual Campaign fundraising efforts and other YMCA responsibilities as needed.
This is a Full Time Salaried position. Salary is commensurate upon experience. Target start date is Mid-August, but we will wait for the right candidate. The YMCA of Greater Spartanburg is a 12% employer contribution associating in the Y Retirement Plan for employee once vested.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- ASCA Level 3 or equivalent experience
- USA Swimming Coach Member in good standing
- Principles of YMCA Coach (may obtain within 3 months of hire)
- Must accept, demonstrate, and teach the YMCA Character Development Value’s of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility throughout their assigned swim team group.
Date posted: June 21, 2021
Location: 10755 Riverscape Run, Great Falls, VA, USA
with Snow Swimming
SNOW Swimming, Inc, a USA Swimming Bronze Medal level club located in Loudoun County, VA, is seeking applicants for our Head Site Coach at Claude Moore Recreation Center in Sterling, VA. SNOW was founded in 1998 and since then has operated exclusively in Loudoun County, which is just 45 minutes northwest of Washington, DC. Pre-pandemic our club was 500+ student-athletes ranging in ability from Novice to National qualifiers. Our club is a part of the Potomac Valley LSC and operates out of three main sites (Claude Moore Rec Center, Dulles South Rec Center and the Ida Lee Rec Center in Leesburg, VA) and regularly qualifies student-athletes for the various Junior National-level meets (NCSA’s, ISCA’s, etc…). We’ve had multiple athletes earn USA Swimming Scholastic All-American status, as well as several athletes selected for USA Swimming Select Camps. We have access to three outdoor pools for summer training, in addition to LCM training year-round for our most experienced student-athletes.
In spite of the pandemic we are sound financially, and currently have a waiting list of 200+ swimmers. We have hosted two LCM meets this season & will host one of the LSC Championship Meets next month. We’ve got great enthusiasm running through our club & we’re excited for the next quadrennium (even though it’s only three years long!). We are seeking applications from career-minded coaches who are eager to develop age group student-athletes in the post-pandemic world, despite all the challenges that entails. You should be fully certified and in good standing with USA Swimming, experienced in developing your athletes to the Junior National level (or higher) and able to work both mornings and afternoons with multiple groups. Additionally, the successful candidate should be comfortable handling meet entries with the Team Unify platform, email correspondence with families, recruiting from the numerous Summer Leagues in northern Virginia and contributing your enthusiasm & various coaching experiences to our staff. Your demeanor should be positive, inclusive & infectious, and your coaching style should reflect that. Our student-athletes should be able to feed off your energy! As a member of our coaching staff you’ll enjoy full autonomy in terms of coaching “x’s & o’s” while contributing to our club’s IM- based philosophy (find what works for your site & run with it!). All USA Swimming certified coaches who fit the above description are encouraged to apply, especially women & minorities.
SNOW Swimming is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, sexual preference or religious background. The position is full time and comes with a competitive salary based on experience. You’ll work closely with the Head Coach and the club owner; there is no Board of Directors at SNOW as it’s a privately owned business. The position will remain open until we find the right candidate for this adventure. For more information on SNOW Swimming, visit our website at www.snowswimming.org.
Date posted: June 20, 2021
Location: 4875 Willow Rd, Zionsville, IN 46077, USA
with Zionsville Swim Club
Zionsville Swim Club is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time assistant to work with both age group & senior athletes. We are looking for coaches that have a love of swimming and enjoy helping develop young people. Zionsville SC has a supportive community, a professional coaching staff and motivated athletes.
Full-time and reports directly to the ZSC Head Coach and Head Age Group Coach. Approximately 25-30 hours weekly for on deck coaching with additional 10-15 hours of administrative duties expected with the addition of swimming meets one or two weekends each month. Start date: Available immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
ZSC is a Bronze Medal Club with Level 3 Recognition with 250+ members. ZSC operates out of Zionsville Community High School (25y)l year round and also outdoors during the summer at Azionaqua Swim Club (50m). Zionsville is located about 20 miles northwest of downtown Indianapolis.
Establish and maintain communications with both athletes and parents.
Assist in the design of seasonal training plans for Senior and Age Group training squads.
Responsible for leading and/or assisting one or two of the club’s training squads through both dryland and water training.
Attend competitions as assigned by Head Age Group Coach
Create a positive team environment that inspires excellence
Help select individual’s meet events and complete training squad entries in TeamUnify.
College Degree Preferred
Competitive Swimming Experience
Able to meet USA-Swimming Coaching Safety Requirements and pass all applicable background checks prior to starting employment.
Salary – Commensurate with Experience
Approved expense reimbursement for training and travel
Date posted: June 19, 2021
Location: 202 Fieldhouse Drive, Peachtree City, GA 30269, USA
with Southern Crescent Aquatic Team
Southern Crescent Aquatic Team (SCAT) is looking for an experienced Age Group Coach
This employee will be responsible for working with our 6–14-year-old athletes as well as partnering with our Head Coach to develop all aspects of our program with the goal of instilling a culture of success both in and out of the water.
Position: Age Group Coach
Job Open Date: August 1, 2021
Work Location: Peachtree City, GA
Pay Rate: commensurate with experience.
Days/Hours: Monday- Saturday.
Swim Meets: 1-2/month. Some are one day meets. Some are weekend long. Staff is paid hourly plus gas for meets outside of local area.
- Work with the Head Coach to build an Age Group philosophy.
- Work with swimmers ages 6-14 novice through Zone Qualifiers.
- Work with a minimum of 2 groups while overseeing all parts of the 14 & under program.
- This person should have at least 3 years of coaching experience.
- Be an effective communicator with parents, coaches, and swimmers.
- They should have a sound stroke mechanic philosophy.
- Have an understanding of the long-term development of the swimmer.
- Experience in developing young coaches is a plus.
- They should also be proficient with Microsoft Office and an understanding of Team Unify and Meet/Team Manager.
- The ability to obtain and maintain all required USA Swimming certifications including passing a background check
The ability to obtain and maintain First Aid & CPR/AED certifications
Date posted: June 18, 2021
Location: League City, TX, USA
with South Shore Sails
The South Shore Sails, a 2021 Bronze medal club, is seeking qualified Assistant Coaches to add to our coaching staff. We have coaching opportunities available with both our senior and age group level programs. Successful candidates will have high level swimming experience as a coach or athlete, but more importantly an eagerness to learn and a motivation to help children grow and succeed. Experience with swimming software is a plus, as is an interest and aptitude for technology. Pay and benefits are commensurate with experience.
The South Shore Sails are located in beautiful League City, Texas; on the South Shore of Clear Lake (just 30 minutes south of downtown Houston.) We’re based out of The Fitness Center at South Shore Harbour, a first class fitness club with over 130,000 square feet of indoor & outdoor amenities, a 6 lane outdoor pool, and a 3 lane indoor pool. Our team also utilizes a number of surrounding high school pools throughout the year & two 50 meter municipal pools during the long course season.
Date posted: June 18, 2021
Location: 9505 Moss Plantation Ave NW, Concord, NC 28027, USA
with MSA SWIM
14 & U Lead Coach –
NORTH CHARLOTTE, NC
MECKLENBURG SWIM ASSOCIATION
Mecklenburg Swim Association (MSA Swim) in the Charlotte, NC area is looking for a coach to lead in our MSA Program at our Huntersville/Concord location. MSA current has 900 year-round swimmers on the team at 5 different locations. The MSA swimmers at this location consists a mix of new and developmental swimmers to Junior National qualifiers (approx. 170 swimmers). This is a great opportunity for a coach to put their “stamp” on this location and experience leading the entire 14 & U program.
Responsibilities of this position include coaching, assisting in dryland, recruiting efforts during the summer, as well as administrative duties related to the groups and overall team operations. Also a knowledge of swimming pool operations is important. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree, at least 1-3 years’ experience with swimming as a coach, excellent organization and communication skills, and a desire to study and progress as a coach and a professional. Should have at least ASCA level two coaching certification, or ability to obtain quickly.
This is a great opportunity with a competitive salary based on experience with bonus opportunity (40k-$45k), paid vacations, health benefits and retirement plan. Position to start in summer 2021. Please send resume with cover letter, to [email protected].
Date posted: June 18, 2021
Location: Täby Sim, Attundavägen, Täby, Sweden
with Täby Sim Stockholm Sweden
Täby Sim is looking for a Swimming Coach for the Senior / Junior department!
Täby Sim has 2,500 members and today conducts its main activities in Tibblebadet and during the summer also in Norskogsbadet and Kvarnbadet. Ahead of the long-awaited move of the business to the new swimming pool in Täby, we are investing in our competitive swimming and are now looking for a responsible swimming coach for our SM / JSM Swimmers.
We are looking for someone who want to be part of our journey and who really like working with swimming at a high level.
The Senior / Junior area includes our swimmers 17 years and older who you work with in teams with other competition coaches.
In the role of Senior / junior coach, you become an ambassador and role model in and for Täby Sim. It is important that you, like us, thrive and are motivated by being at the forefront and looking for new paths for development for you and our swimmers. Your main tasks will be:
- Liable swimming coach for our senior and junior swimmers
- You are expected to have ideas and strategies that develop and facilitate learning for our swimmers and other leaders in the coaching team.
- Contribute in guiding and developing the club’s coaching staff
- In consultation with the head coach, annually draw up the business plan and budget.
- Responsibility for planning, implementation, follow-up and administration for our SM/JSM group and DM group.
Education and experience
- You have a strong commitment and great interest in swimming and people
- We are looking for you who have a academic education in sports and / or swimming
- You are interested in swimming, have a very good ability to see the individual and the whole group and can lift each swimmer to their optimal level
- You already have experience of swimming and swimming training nationally, but preferably internationally
- You have had top national results, been happy to develop swimmers in several levels as a whole and have had swimmers from national to international level
- You have a strong commitment and great interest in swimming and people
- You possess high intra- and interpersonal skills
- We believe that you should have experience from association activities
- As a coach you are kind, helpful, caring and like to work in teams.
- If you are an international coach, speak good English and have an interest in learning Swedish within 1-2 years
- You have knowledge and experience of systematic training planning, test methods and users of technical equipment such as video and lactate
- Driving license B is a requirement
- It is a requirement that you can speak and write in both Swedish and English
- Good computer skills and knowledge of Office (word, excel etc.) are necessary to be able to perform the tasks of the day.
Who are we looking for
We are now looking for you who have a burning interest in swimming, to lead and develop our competition swimmers towards their own and the club’s goals, and that you want to be involved and contribute to Täby Sim taking the step to become one of the country’s best swimming clubs also at senior level.
As a trainer in our competition activities, you work with developing, planning, implementing and following up swimmers and the activities. The work takes place in an unpretentious collaboration with the rest of the coaching team and our head coach.
Who are we
Täby Sim is a large club with wonderful swimmers, coaches and many committed parents who are involved in the business, for example around our competitions as officials, riggers, in the secretariat, in the club shop, coaches etc. We are currently 7 people working full time in the office and who are now looking forward to having a new colleague in the important role as the coach for SM / JSM.
The position as SM / JSM coach is 100% permanent employment.
The working hours are when our business is up and running, which largely means evenings and weekends.Täby Sim is affiliated with Arbetsgivaralliansen.
If you think it sounds interesting or if you have questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Club Manager Mats Lennerthson [email protected]
+4676-9431967 or Head Coach Per Edelholm [email protected] +4672-9425870
Deadline for applications is 11 July, but we meet the applicant for interviews on an ongoing basis and can fill the position earlier. The application is sent to [email protected]