Date posted: May 11, 2021
Location: Peters Township, PA, USA
with Peters Township Swim Club
Peters Township Swim Club, an AMS swimming club, is seeking inspiring and energetic assistant coaches with excellent leadership, communication, and team building skills to support the club’s rapidly growing membership and established coaching staff. You will aid in the development of a program that will create a solid foundation for our athletes all while driving the continued success of our swimmers. Competitive compensation is based on experience.
- Establishing an environment that fosters positive team attitude while teaching self-discipline, sportsmanship, responsibility, and respect
- Coordinating with the head coach to implement a swim training program that is technically, age, and developmentally appropriate, for both water and dryland training, which allows swimmers of different abilities to reach their highest potential while considering all learning styles.
- Communicating and working effectively with the head coach, other coaches, parents of swimmers, and the board of directors regarding all matters of the club.
- Developing a swim training program that is technically, age, and developmentally appropriate, for both water and dryland training, which allows swimmers of different abilities to reach their highest potential while considering all learning styles
- Demonstrating mature judgment, reliability, availability, and ethical behavior including punctuality, confidentiality, positive and constructive feedback, and the ability to function in a multi-task environment
- Setting appropriate goals for groups and individual swimmers
- Creating workouts
- Working flexible hours including nights and weekends, and attending swim meets
- Being a positive role model, maintaining high ethical and moral standards, and adhering to AMS Swimming Coach’s Code of conduct
- Be willing to obtain all USA Swimming certification and coaching requirements (CPR, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, USA Swimming Background Check, Athlete Protection, Lifeguard, First Aid, Concussion, etc.)
- Be able to motivate swimmers of all abilities to achieve their full potential.
- Have excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
Date posted: May 10, 2021
Location: Crawfordsville, IN, USA
with Wabash College
Wabash College invites applications for the position of Assistant Swimming and Diving Coach, tasked with aiding the head coach in all operations of a competitive NCAA Division III swimming and diving program. Experience competing, coaching, and recruiting in intercollegiate swimming and diving is strongly preferred. A bachelor’s degree is required.
Duties include, but are not limited to: successful recruitment of academically and athletically prepared swimming and diving scholar-athletes; the highest commitment to student health and well-being; and directing skill instruction and development. Adherence to institutional, conference, and NCAA Division III policies and procedures is required. The selected candidate may be assigned secondary responsibilities in the department, as assigned by the Director of Athletics & Campus Wellness.
The position is a 12-month appointment with benefits. If interested, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three professional references by clicking on “apply now.”
Wabash College, a liberal arts college for men, seeks faculty and staff committed to providing quality engagement with students, high levels of academic challenge and support, and meaningful diversity experiences that prepare students for life and leadership in a multicultural global world. We welcome applications from persons of all backgrounds. EOE.
Date posted: May 10, 2021
Location: 202 Fieldhouse Drive, Peachtree City, GA, USA
with Southern Crescent Aquatic Team
Southern Crescent Aquatic Team (SCAT) is seeking an experienced, passionate, professional, and energetic individual to serve as our next Head Senior Coach. This employee will be responsible for working with our top-tier senior athletes as well as partnering with our Head Coach to develop all aspects of our Senior Program with the goal of instilling a culture of success both in and out of the water.
Position: Lead Senior Coach
Job Open Date: June 1, 2021
Work Location: Peachtree City, GA
Pay Rate: Hourly, commensurate with Experience
Days/Hours: Monday- Saturday.
Swim Meets: 1/month. Some are one day meets. Some are weekend long. Staff is paid hourly plus gas for meets outside of local area.
The Lead Senior Coach would work directly with the Head Coach to refine and implement a joint vision for technique, training, and performance excellence that complements our team Mission, Vision, and Values. Additional responsibilities would include:
• Serving as the lead coach for two Senior Groups
• Attending meets (1+ per month on weekends; some out-of-state travel expected)
• Attending staff meetings
• Communicating important information to other coaches, athletes, and parents
• Responding to electronic communication
• Completing meet entries
• Assisting or substituting for other coaches as needed
• Maintaining all required coaching certifications
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have a passion for competitive swimming and be an excellent teacher and role model for our athletes. They will share SCAT’s mission, pursue our team vision, and adhere to our organizational values. Additionally, candidates should have:
• Bachelor’s degree
• ASCA Level 3 or higher (not required to be a current member, but possess this skill set level)
• 4+ years of coaching experience
• A demonstrated track record of developing high performance athletes
• Previous competitive swimming experience
• The ability to obtain and maintain all required USA Swimming certifications including passing a background check
• The ability to obtain and maintain First Aid & CPR/AED certifications
Compensation: Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. Employee will be eligible for bonuses based on member enrollment. Financial support for professional development and ongoing education is also available.
Date posted: May 10, 2021
Location: Raleigh, NC, USA
with Marlins Of Raleigh Swim Team
The Marlins Of Raleigh Swim Team is seeking a full time lead coach for our AG 1 and AG 3 Black groups at our Raleigh Site..
MOR is a USA Swimming Gold Medal club the past 5 years with 650 swimmers. The Raleigh Area is a hot spot for swimming with a summer league of over 85 teams and 11,000 swimmers from which to draw. Raleigh is rated annually as one of the best places to live in the US and also has a highly rated music scene.
REPORTS TO: Head Coach and Raleigh Head Age Group coach
SALARY: Commensurate with coaching experience. Retirement match program of up to 3% of salary after 1 year subject to the terms and conditions of the plan.
Education: College graduate preferred.
Experience: 1-2+ years coaching experience.
Eligibility: Must currently reside in the United States
JOB GOAL: To align with the policy and procedures set forth by the Marlins Of Raleigh Swim Team and to lead the AG 3 Black Group (9-12 year old developmental swimmers) and AG 1 (8-under swimmers) practice groups in developing age group athletes to make an uncompromised commitment to striving to be the best that they can be.
CPR/AED, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, APT, Background check and in good standing with USA Swimming. Proficient in use of Team Unify and/or Team Manager
Abides by applicable USA Swimming Codes of Conduct and Safe Sport Requirements
Pass USA Swimming background screen and reference check
ASCA Level 2 preferred
Embrace MOR culture and take initiative
Passion for coaching and working with young age group athletes
Comprehension of stroke technique fundamentals
Basic understanding of dryland training for developmental athletes
Plan, prepare, and conduct group practices in accordance with MOR group goals
Provide accurate attendance records and post meet evaluations
Assist with set up & tear down of all MOR hosted meets
Run MOR clinic programs
Recruit swimmers from summer league by attending summer league meets and conducting clinics
Attend weekly staff meetings
Commit to continued coaching education
Arrival at practice and meets at minimum 15 min prior to arrival of athletes
Will require afternoon, evening and weekend hours
Communicate all actions regularly between
Excellent email communication to parents with timely response (within 24 hours)
Continually assess goals with athletes and communicate to parents in a patient and respectable manner
Model proper dress, language, demeanor and sportsmanship for the athletes
Create an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants
Date posted: May 10, 2021
Location: 101 Yazoo Street, Cleveland, MS 38732, USA
with Delta State University
Delta State University is a small state school located in Cleveland, Mississippi. We are a member of the New South Intercollegiate Swimming Conference (NSISC), and a member institution of the NCAA Division 2 level. We are a highly competitive program seeking qualified applicants to assist the Head Swimming and Diving coach in all aspects of the program. The duties will range from on-deck coaching, administrative work directly related to the team, and any pool maintenance objectives seen fit. Other duties may be later assigned. This coaching position typically lasts 2 academic years.
The position is available to start for Fall 2021 semester.
Below is the updated facilities page for the Ronnie G. Mayers Aquatic Center on the campus of Delta State.
Date posted: May 9, 2021
Location: Bozeman, MT, USA
with Montana Multisport Aquatics
- Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree and prior collegiate swimmer strongly preferred
- Current Lifeguard/CPR/AED/First Aid
- Current USA Swimming Coach
- Minimum 5 years successful previous experience as Head Coach or relevant Assistant Coach experience
- Effective at leading and establishing a highly successful competitive swim program of 100 swimmers
- Leadership & Mentoring
- Experience managing and mentoring/developing coaching staff
- Ability to recruit and retain highly qualified and effective coaching staff
- Set expectations and team objectives leading the team to USA Swimming Gold Medal status
- Develop and establish a positive, progressive, and winning team-wide culture
- Provide guidance and support to athletes during the college recruiting process
- Managing Stakeholder Relationships
- Collaborate & maintain strong relationship with City of Bozeman Parks & Recreation staff and directors, local high school swimming programs, Montana Swimming, and USA Swimming
- Establish and maintain regular and timely communications with swimmers, parents, coach and board members, including conducting weekly staff meetings
- Proficient in fostering productive working relationships with other coaches, and Board Members and be able to encourage creativity and contribution from others
- Develop referral relationships with learn to swim programs, local schools, and other parents
- Must be able to attend Board meetings and weekend travel for events/meets
- Operational Skills
- Ability to manage, lead, and coordinate multiple sites and programming
- Develop and oversee training programs for all age groups
- Plan seasonal and yearly competition schedule for all groups
- Develop workouts, schedules, and criteria for advancement through collaboration with coaching staff
- Strong leadership, communication, verbal, and written skills
- Ability to successfully develop, manage and grow the annual budget
- Expand the business of Bozeman Multisport Aquatic Club both in team size and revenue
- Administrative & Miscellaneous
- Protect confidential information and adheres to policies outlined by USA Swimming and Safe Sport
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, Team Unify, and Hy-Tek Management Software
- Must pass a Background check(s) including but NOT limited to USA Swimming
- Must Complete the USA Swimming head coach requirements
- Must pass a Motor Vehicle Report check
- Be willing to accept the search committee members on all personal social media platforms
Date posted: May 7, 2021
Location: 2001 Alford Park Drive, Kenosha, WI, USA
with Carthage College
|Carthage College, a member of the NCAA DIII and the College Conference of Illinois & Wisconsin, seeks a graduate assistant to work in conjunction with the Head Men’s and Women’s Swim & Dive coaches in all aspects related to the operation of the swimming and diving programs. The graduate assistant must successfully enroll as a full-time graduate student in a qualifying program.|
Responsibilities include effectively recruiting and retaining qualified student-athletes, and assisting with all aspects of coaching, planning, and day-to-day office operations and administrative tasks, including team practice, individual player evaluation and development, scouting, developing game plans, and travel to competitions. Additional responsibilities are included, as assigned by the head coach or athletic administration.
Date posted: May 7, 2021
Location: Gus And Flora Kerasotes YMCA, 4550 W Iles Ave, Springfield, IL, USA
with YMCA of Springfield Illinois
The SPY Swim Team is a year around YMCA and USA Swimming Program which serves athletes ages 5 to 18 and their families. We provide training and participate in competitions at a local, State, and National level. SPY operates out of the Gus & Flora Kerasotes YMCA in an 8 Lane, 25 Yard certified competition pool and routinely supports over 175 athletes each year. The mission of the SPY Swim Team is to foster and environment allowing individuals to become superior athletes and better people, to contribute to team camaraderie and sportsmanship, and to build lifelong skills consistent with the YMCA’s mission and cause.
The primary responsibilities will include overseeing the training of the 14 and under athletes in the program, work with Head Coach to continue to develop short term and long term training plans throughout the team, hire/train/oversee part-time assistant coaches within the program, and assist with operations of all team hosted events. See the job posting for additional details.
Date posted: May 6, 2021
Location: 110 Whitford Drive, Durham, NC, USA
with Duke University
Duke University is seeking two (2) qualified candidates for the Assistant Swimming Coach position. This position will assist in the organizing, planning and coaching of the Swimming & Diving team.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior collegiate coaching experience preferably at the Division I level
- A commitment to knowing and complying with NCAA, ACC, and institutional rules
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to learn quickly and communicate effectively
- Excellent organizational ability and attention to detail
- Ability to manage time well and prioritize tasks
The assistant coach will help implement and oversee practices of Division I student-athletes. They will focus on technique, physiology and strategy of racing for each stroke and distance. This position will also assist with duties including but not limited to: recruitment of student-athletes, alumni relations, travel planning, (office management), equipment maintenance, and other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
Date posted: May 6, 2021
Location: Bryant University, Douglas Pike, Smithfield, RI, USA
with Bryant University
This position reports to the Head Swimming coach and is responsible to assist in all phases of a competitive intercollegiate Swimming and Diving program in compliance with NCAA conference, Northeast Conference (NEC), and institutional rules and regulations.
This position is expected to start on July 1, 2021.
Assisting with all aspects of operating a collegiate program, including daily practices, recruiting, videotaping, home meet management, fund raising, student-athlete academic success, travel, compliance with all NCAA, NEC and Bryant University rules and regulations, etc.
Requires an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution and acceptance into Bryant University Graduate School program (acceptance must be received before candidate will be considered). The ideal candidate will have collegiate and/or high school experience in swimming. Computer skills (MS Office, excel) are required.
The candidate must have the ability to effectively recruit and retain quality student-athletes. The ability to effectively communicate through oral, written and electronic forms along with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate student-athletes in a group or individual setting are also necessary. The candidate must actively support the mission of the university by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values. The candidate must complete the NCAA coaches recruiting exam, and travel is required.
This position will begin July 1, 2021. Compensation includes a full tuition waiver, housing, and $1,500 per semester stipend.
Acceptance into Bryant University Graduate School program is a condition of employment. Acceptance must be received before candidate will be considered.
Date posted: May 6, 2021
Location: Friendswood High School, Greenbriar Drive, Friendswood, TX, USA
with Sharks Swim Club
http://Sharks – Houston, Tx. Seek 1 Full-time lead or part-time coaches/teachers. Sharks Swim Club, located in Friendswood, Tx. (SE Houston) is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and organized age coach(es) to help our team & swimmers achieve their ultimate potential in skill development and competition preparation while promoting a creative, positive and healthy team environment. The scope of this position is for groups is primarily, 11-16 yrs., but could vary depending on the qualifications/experience of the coach hired. With continued growth & facilities we also looking for part-time assistant as well for 8-20 hrs. a week.
Essential Job Tasks include: • Current USA Swimming coaching credentials and abide by USA Swimming code of conduct. • Site or Lead coach for 2 Age groups – approx. hrs.: Mon.-Fri. 4:30-8:00 pm, Saturdays 3 hrs. • Administrative tasks-such as Meet entries, newsletter, and group/team communications. • Aide in recruitment of new swimmers thru various means, including stroke clinics.
Coaching Qualifications & Expectations include: *Preferred two or more years of competitive coaching experience with a USA Swimming member club. A college degree (preferred -but not required) • Applicant should have experience that illustrates excellent communication & motivation skills with children, taking into consideration varied social, emotional & physical attributes. • Enthusiastic with a desire for continuing coaching education & sharing. • Can work well independently and in team environment. • Passion for working with swimmers of all ages and abilities – developmental to senior level. • The applicant must understand the importance of teamwork and will be committed to helping the program advance.
Only candidates with a strong work ethic and passion for the sport should apply. Compensation is competitive within the Gulf LSC and based on experience and administration skill set the person brings to the team. We also provide opportunities for coach growth and development, including clinics, traveling to higher level meets, and training trips. Coaches receive reimbursement for appropriate meet expenses, professional certifications and coaching memberships.
We practice primarily at Friendswood High School -13 lane indoor facility along with other nearby facilities including 50-meter water. This an opportunity to work with highly qualified coaching staff – Head coach -ASCA Level 5, Head NCAA coach Division I & international level experience; along with 2 other experienced staff who have had head coaching and international experience. The club is coach run/directed with a supportive parent group and board of 5 of primarily non-team members.
Date posted: May 5, 2021
Location: 512 E. Stephens Street
with Midway University
Midway University is seeking candidates for a part time Assistant Swim Coach. The successful candidate is responsible for supporting all aspects of a successful NAIA swim program. Primary responsibilities include assistance with recruiting, meet assistance, practice planning and supervision, academic supervision, eligibility compliance, and driving a 15-passenger van. Additional duties may be assigned by the Head Coach.
High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree and prior coaching experience at the college or high school level is highly desirable. Ability to coach and recruit student-athletes is preferred. Background check and acceptable driving record required. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.
Midway University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Date posted: May 4, 2021
Location: Charleston, IL, USA
with Eastern Illinois
The Department of Athletics at Eastern Illinois University (NCAA Division I) is now accepting applications for the Graduate Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach position beginning the 2021-2022 school year.
This position provides full-time graduate tuition waiver (fall and spring) as well as a monthly living stipend. Applicants must be accepted into Eastern Illinois’s graduate school and meet minimum requirements required for graduate assistantship.
The successful candidate will assist in conducting the men’s & women’s swimming program within the philosophy and guidelines set forth by Eastern Illinois University, the NCAA, and the Summit League Conference. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: coaching, recruiting, scheduling, budget management, academic monitoring, and other duties as assigned by the Head Swimming Coach. Bachelor’s Degree and valid driver’s license required.
Strong organizational and communication skills are expected. Experience with intercollegiate swimming and diving program is desired. The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with high ethical standards and exhibit a strict adherence to NCAA, Summit, University and departmental rules and regulations.
- Assist with the development of practice materials and help lead practice accordingly under the direction of the head coach.
- Assist with travel plans, planning and coordinating program events.
- Provide leadership to facilitate academic and personal success for the team’s student-athletes.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the head coach.
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Must be accepted into Graduate School at Eastern Illinois University.
- Excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills required.
- Computer literacy with an emphasis on spreadsheets preferred.
- Some experience using Colorado Timing Systems, Hy-Tek software, and Meet Manager
- Ability to obtain CPR and First Aid certification.
- Required to work early mornings and weekends.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until a successful candidate is chosen.
Date posted: May 4, 2021
Location: Pensacola, FL, USA
with Greater Pensacola Aquatic Club
Position: The Greater Pensacola Aquatic Club (GPAC), a member of USA and Southeastern Swimming, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Part Time Age Group Coach.
Duties: The candidate must be an enthusiastic motivator with a love for the sport who is able to work well with children and be able to communicate well with the swimmers and their parents. Candidate must also be willing to be an integral contributing member of a coaching team and possess strong organizational and communication skills. Candidates must be able to coach within a pre-established training progression for athletes. Other administrative responsibilities will include but are not limited to meet entries, meet operations, day to day office duties, marketing and special projects. The primary coaching duties will be with age group swimmers (PM Practices) however a few practices Candidates will be on deck around 20 hours per week and will coach 6-9 practices per week over 6 days.
- Ability to maintain all required USA Swimming coach requirements. (Required)
- College Degree (preferred),
- Competitive Swimming Experience (required),
- Swim Coaching Experience (required), preferably with a USA Swimming or YMCA Swimming team, ASCA level 2 certification (preferred)
- Experience with the TeamUnify platform, Hy-Tek Software, Colorado timing equipment, Microsoft Office Products and Google Drive. (required)
- Driver’s license and automobile for travel. (required)
- Ability to move heavy equipment for swim meet set up or as otherwise required.
Background: GPAC is a parent run non-profit (501c3) organization of 150+ swimmers, based in Pensacola, Florida. Pensacola is located on Northwest Florida’s panhandle and all of our pools are less than 30 minutes to the beach. Florida does not have income tax and Escambia County has a cost of living well below the national average. Along with our competitive swim team we also run a swim school which consists of 70+ swimmers per month, a masters group, swim clinics and summer leagues. Our facilities include one 6 lane 25 yard pool and one 8 lane 50 meter pool both of which are on college campuses. GPAC has been in existence for over 40 years, is a very stable program and has a long history of success. To learn more about the Greater Pensacola Aquatic Club, see our web page at www.gpacswimteam.org
- Pay Range is based on ASCA level, degree held, knowledge and experience
- All coaches receive a cell phone stipend and may receive bonuses based on team performance.
- GPAC will also reimburse for appropriate meet expenses, professional certifications and coaching memberships.
Date posted: May 4, 2021
Location: Barrie, ON, Canada
with Barrie Trojan Swim Club
Since 1984 The Barrie Trojan Swim Club has played a prominent role in the community and has been a welcomed destination and overall enhanced experience for swim enthusiasts at all ages and levels in the Barrie area. Today the BTSC is a respected name at the provincial, national and international levels with over 220 competitive swimmers competing for Barrie and over 300 other athletes swimming at various non- competitive and learning levels in across facilities/locations.
To enhance and ensure the tradition for excellence continues, BTSC is now seeking a Director of Performance and a Director of Coaching. Both positions are new and will report to the Board direct in partnership with the Manager of Operations.
Broad responsibilities for the Director of Performance will include the development and implementation of club wide integrated long term development plan including co-managing a Board approved annual operating budget. You will provide overall direction to the daily operations aspects as to club training schedules for both pool and dry land training ensuring appropriate programs are in line for all individual levels, including monitoring and overseeing individual swimmer progress evaluations. Lead and oversee competition scheduling and event selection protocols for all athletes. You will have on deck responsibilities for the high-performance group and one or more age groups.
Broad responsibilities for the Director of Coaching will include working closely with the Director of Performance and will encompass establishing and implementing club wide coach hiring, training and continuing development programs for all coaches that are in line with BTSC budgets and growth expectations as well as support the club wide integrated long term development plan. You will lead coach orientation and onboarding programs for new hires while ensuring coaching staff morale is always positive and committed to a superior level of instruction delivery in keeping with BTSC standards and overall member satisfaction. You will have on deck responsibilities for one or more age groups teams.
We are seeking two engaged, enthusiastic and innovative individuals with undergraduate level education coupled with appropriate credentials and certification, including NCCP Level 2. We require at least five years’ experience in similar roles working with a progressive swim club and or related sports-oriented environment/association.
You possess excellent organizational and people skills along with the ability to communicate easily and effectively with staff and members. You have a grounding in business related operational systems and in required safety and health protocols
The ability to work, lead and deal with people frequently under pressure along with the flexibility to meet work demands which may include nights, weekends and possible holidays is essential. This is an outstanding opportunity offering career growth while working in a supportive environment.