Date posted: February 28, 2024
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
with BLAST Sharks Swim Club
The coach’s primary responsibility is to work with young athletes aged 6 to 15 years old. This position entails running five afternoon practices per week (Monday-Friday, 4:00 – 7:00 PM) and attending two swim meets monthly. The duties include running, organizing, and implementing professional swim practices, managing age group coaches and the site’s roster, and completing meet entries for all swimmers.
The applicant must have (USA Swimming) club competitive swimming experience, professional decorum, excellent reliability, strong communication skills, and a genuine interest in working with kids of all ages and skill levels. The coach must also have a thorough knowledge of technical skills, teaching progressions, methodology, and swimming rules. College-level swimming experience is a plus.
This part-time, year-round position has tremendous potential to develop and grow your team. The culture at BLAST Swim Club emphasizes a strong sense of community with a family-like atmosphere while striving for our swimmers’ highest level of achievement.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Date posted: February 27, 2024
Location: 1801 Exeter Rd, Germantown, TN, USA
with Germantown Swim Team
Position: Germantown Swim Team (GST), a member of USA and Southeastern Swimming, is seeking positive, motivated and qualified candidates for the position of Head Associate Coach.
Salary: $35,000 annually, plus potential bonuses
This position is designed to assist and support the Head Coach with the day to day operations of Germantown Swim Team (GST). Under the direction and guidance of the Head Coach, the Head Associate Coach will assist the GST program. This is a leadership position that will support and carry out the vision, values, and behaviors of GST through leadership, development, and setting the direction of the team. GST prides itself on creating a positive environment and an enriching experience for all members of the club with the goal to provide every member an opportunity to improve swimming skills and achieve success at their level of ability, from novice to elite-level competitor. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Knowledgeable and able to plan in-water and dryland workouts for groups of 20-30+ swimmers
- Assisting in coaching groups as assigned by the Head Coach
- Assisting in planning and executing team events including swimming and social
- Handle administrative details, including parent communication, meet entries for respective groups, and supervision
- Attend and coach at all swim meets for respective groups
Key GST Head Associate Coach Responsibilities:
- Design and execute the seasonal plan for assigned groups
- Provide positive and motivational leadership and instruction to the age group athletes
- Conduct swimmer goal meetings, seasonally
- Conduct parent meetings, as needed
- Maintain office hours as assigned by the Head Coach
- Help facilitate staff meetings with the Head Coach
- Ensure regular communications with parents
- Ensure administrative and coordination needs and requirements are met both internally and externally
- Oversee meet entries and attend meets, as required
- General onboarding of new age group members, including scheduling evaluations, performing skill assessments, collecting new member information
- Help promote social media reach, post regularly
- Maintain compliance with USA swimming coaching standards
- Follow all USA Swimming policies including SafeSport
Team Culture Responsibilities:
- Model and celebrate the team’s vision, values, and behaviors, act as a positive role model for all team members
- Be approachable and available for all swimmers
- Encourage athletes to strive for their personal best
- Work collaboratively and respectfully with all coaches, staff, and team leaders to serve in the best interest of the team and its members
- Be positive, consistent, and use effective motivation strategies when working with swimmers, parents, and coaching staff in all aspects of the program
- Demonstrate a cooperative, prompt, and respectful communication style with swimmers, parents, coaching staff, and community members
- Drive team spirit
Date posted: February 27, 2024
Location: Mercersburg, PA, USA
with Mercersburg Academy
Head Coach of Boys’ and Girls’ Swimming
Department of Athletics
Job Classification: Faculty, Academic Year + Month, Exempt, Benefits Eligible
Reports To: Director of Athletics
Mercersburg’s swimming legacy dates to 1908 and features 24 Olympians from across the world, countless high school All-Americans, and waves of successful collegiate competitors. This legacy was built and has been maintained with a balance of the academic demands of a highly competitive college preparatory boarding school and the leadership of a succession of capable coaches. Mercersburg’s swimming program operates all three seasons of the academic year.
Beginning the 2024-25 academic year, the Head Coach of boys’ and girls’ swimming will work beside the outgoing Director of Swimming to lead a highly competitive boys’ and girls’ swimming and diving program and to further the aquatic programming at Mercersburg. The incumbent will move into the Director of Swimming/Head Coach role for the 2025-26 academic year.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Establish a vision for the program and demonstrate a commitment to the mission and the purpose of the program.
- Communicate and embody the competitive and cooperative nature of athletics, the need for teaching and learning, and the drive for achievement and improvement. Consistently apply and strongly adhere to the rules of competition relative to
- the sport and a respectful approach to both victory and defeat.
- Effectively set and communicate short, intermediate, and long-term goals and
- execute action steps with the coaching staff and team(s).
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of trust and respect for, and between, athletes and coaches through demonstration and application of integrity and high ideals in the sport and in relationships with athletes and coaches.
- Exercise self-control and sound judgment when engaged with staff and athletes during practices and competitive events, as well as beyond the athletic venue.
- Coordinate the swimming and diving coaching staff. Prepare and execute practices, contests, and other components of team operations effectively and efficiently.
- The head coach is expected to be highly active in the admission process with prospective students and their families. Duties may include participation in Open Houses and Acceptance Days, responding to inquiries from prospective students who are referred by the Admission Office, meeting with prospective students who are visiting campus, and working closely with the Admission Office during admission season.
- Provide appropriate and accurate guidance to athletes who desire to compete on the collegiate level. This involves knowledge of opportunities and NCAA rules, communicating with college coaches, and generally being active in the advising process for athletes and their families.
- Manage the USA club component of Mercersburg Swimming to include membership affiliation and registration for the student-athletes. This may also require travel to meets in the spring season, depending on the student-athlete.
- Develop the future of aquatics programming and operations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The position requires a person who has experience teaching and/or coaching adolescents and enjoys working with and relates well to both adults and students. The head coach is collaborative and communicates well. The work of the Head Coach accounts for 3.0 units of 6.0 units for a full-time faculty position. The head coach carries out additional responsibilities such as working in the College Counseling Office or another administrative area, teaching, and/or residential assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited four-year institution
- Demonstrated ability to organize and coordinate aquatic programming
- Considerable experience as a head coach at the high school, collegiate, and/or competitive USA club level
- Strong knowledge of philosophy, principles, and practices of independent school aquatic
programs and USA Swimming programs
- Level 4 ASCA certification or higher preferred or equivalent experience
Date posted: February 27, 2024
Location: Georgetown Preparatory School, Rockville Pike, North Bethesda, MD, USA
with Tollefson Swimming
We offer a wide variety of programs from beginner classes to competitive swimming. Primarily, we are looking for instructors for our class programs. These include positions in the water (learn to swim), and deck-taught classes where swimmers are learning stroke techniques and can also take endurance classes. We are looking for engaging, caring instructors who will help swimmers fall in love with the sport and instructors should also be able to push swimmers to the next level.
We offer classes 7 days a week at our Georgetown Prep location (North Bethesda, MD) and we offer weekend classes at our St. Albans location (NW, Washington DC.). We offer competitive pay and are looking for qualified, motivated instructors to apply.
Date posted: February 26, 2024
Location: 2JHP+GH Ursa, IL, USA
with Quincy University
Quincy University, a Franciscan Catholic liberal arts university invites applications for the position of Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach.
- Serves as a representative of the University, displaying courtesy, tact, consideration, and discretion in all interactions with the members of the QU community and with the public.
- Assists the Head Coach with training, coaching, scouting and recruitment of student-athletes.
- Assist with scheduling and travel arrangements
- Manage strength and conditioning program for student-athletes
- Perform other duties assigned by the Head Swimming Coach
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience and/or coaching experience at the collegiate level
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse student populations.
- Flexible working hours (nights and weekends).
Send letter of application, resume, and three professional references to:
Date posted: February 26, 2024
Location: 1 Horse Hollow Road, Locust Valley, NY, USA
with The Creek
Join Our Team as Aquatics Director at The Creek!
Established in 1923, The Creek is a cherished family country club renowned for its rich history and vibrant community. Our pool and beach facilities have served as the social heart of our club for generations. As the Aquatics Director, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the experiences of our members and guests, fostering a sense of community, and leading our youth swim programs to success. Embark on an exciting journey with us at The Creek, where every day brings new opportunities to make a splash!
What you’ll do:
Oversee The Creek’s aquatics facilities and programs from May until September. The Creek beach club is right on the Long Island Sound with an Olympic sized swimming pool. Our aquatics program includes private lessons, The Creek swim team, swim meets, Creek Camp, and regular open pool and beach bathing. You will be overseeing every part of beach and pool operations to ensure a safe and fun experience for our members, guests and staff by taking charge of the following areas:
What you’ll need:
- ARC Lifeguarding Management/Instructor (LGM)
- ARC CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- ARC First Aid – Responding to Emergencies
- ARC Water Safety Instructor (Progressive Swimming Instructor)
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO)
- ARC Epinephrine Auto-Injector Module
*ARC denotes American Red Cross – Alternate training may be used only if approved by the Nassau County Department of Health
Experience: At least two years of experience coaching and motivating young swimmers and previous experience as a lifeguard, at a swimming pool or a bathing beach which has more than one supervising it at the time.
Clearances Required: New York State Sex Offender Registry
Embark on an exciting journey with us at The Creek, where every day brings new opportunities to make a splash!
Date posted: February 22, 2024
Location: 151 McIntire Pk Dr, Charlottesville, VA 22902, USA
with Cavalier Aquatics
Under the direction of the Head Coach, the Assistant Senior Coach will guide the Cavalier Aquatics, year-round competitive swim program as a primary coach by providing leadership, coaching, and mentoring to student-athletes in the greater Charlottesville Community. Cavalier Aquatics is a highly respected team for its ability to develop national-level swimmers while also providing a fun, educational environment for swimmers of all ages and abilities. This person will be capable of arriving in the Charlottesville Area and begin coaching on Monday, April 8th, however it is possible to begin these responsibilities sooner.
- Instructs Cavalier Aquatics swim practices in accordance with YMCA guidelines, having prepared lesson plans accordingly.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with swimmers and parents; helps them connect with each other and the YMCA.
- Provides excellent member service and creates a positive program environment with encouragement, goal setting and positive reinforcement.
- Encourages parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
- Conveys information on aquatics programs and schedules and as appropriate refers swimmers and parents to other programs.
- Leads by example while adhering to YMCA policies and being a role model both on and off the pool deck.
- Maintains records as required (i.e. attendance, progress reports, etc.).
- Remains current in knowledge of, and operates within YMCA swimming rules and regulations. Attends staff meetings, trainings, and appropriate swim meets as scheduled.
- In coordination with the Aquatics director and head coach, ensures that swimmers’ individual accounts are being accurately credited/debited for payments/charges. Ensures that regular statements are provided to each swimmer.
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Adheres to YMCA’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
Advancing Our Mission & Cause: Engaging Community, Volunteerism, Philanthropy, Change Leadership
Building Relationships: Collaboration, Communication & Influence, Inclusion
Leading Operations: Critical Thinking & Decision Making, Fiscal Management, Functional Expertise, Innovation, Program/Project Management
Developing & Inspiring People: Developing Self & Others, Emotional Maturity
- Coaching member in good standing with USA Swimming and USA Safe Sport compliant.
- Must have competitive swim coaching experience and demonstrate effective coaching skills.
- The ability to lead through communication, healthy motivatation, and guide swimmers of all ages.
- Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Background check through USA Swimming,
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches (online and in water), Foundations of Coaching 101, Athlete Protection Training.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke techniques.
- Ability to lift equipment, and to lift a small to average size child.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach and must be able to move around the work environment.
Date posted: February 21, 2024
Location: Fort Washington, PA, USA
with Upper Dubln Aquatic Club
Upper Dublin Aquatic Club, located in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, is in the process of hiring a Full-Time, Head Age Group Coach. UDAC has 250+ swimmers on the roster and operates out of Upper Dublin High School. The pool is a 40-yard stretch pool with up to 15 25-yard lanes.
This position is designed to assist and support the Head Coach with the day-to-day operation of Upper Dublin Aquatic Club. Under the direction and guidance of the Head Coach, the Head Age Group Coach will lead and direct the Age Group program. This is a leadership position that will support and carry out the vision, values, and behaviors of UDAC through leadership, development, and setting the direction of the age group program. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning and running in-water and dryland workouts for a group of 20-30+ swimmers
- Assisting in coaching all groups as assigned by the Head Coach
- Assisting in planning and executing team events
- Handling administrative details, including parent communication, meet entries for respective groups, and supervision
- Attending and coaching at all swim meets for respective groups
- Assisting in coaching morning and afternoon/evening practices as assigned by the Head Coach
Key UDAC Head Age Group Coach Responsibilities:
- Designing and executing the seasonal plan for the Age Group program
- Providing leadership and instruction to the age group swimmers
- Conducting parent meetings as needed
- Ensuring regular communication with parents at the Age Group level
- Ensuring administrative and coordination needs and requirements are met both internally and externally for Age Group swimmers
- Overseeing Age Group meet entries and attend meets as required
- Maintaining compliance with USA swimming coaching standards
- Following all USA Swimming policies including SafeSport
Team Culture Responsibilities:
- Modeling and celebrating the team’s vision, values, and behaviors
- Working collaboratively and respectfully with all coaches, staff, and team leaders to serve in the best interest of the team and its members
- Being exceptional in the application of positive, consistent, and effective motivation strategies when working with swimmers, parents, and coaching staff in all aspects of the program
- Demonstrating a cooperative, prompt, and respectful communication style with swimmers, parents, coaching staff, and community members
Preferred Education and Experience:
- All USA Swimming Coaching Requirements or the ability to obtain these certifications before starting the job
- 5-6 years coaching experience at the USA Swimming club level
- 3-4 years supervisory role
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base salary – commensurate with experience
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Date posted: February 21, 2024
Location: 8102 Lasalle Road, Towson, MD, USA
with Cardinal and Gold Aquatics
Cardinal and Gold Aquatics (CGA) is seeking a dynamic and engaging Head Age Group Coach. CGA is one of the leading small clubs in the Maryland LSC with just over 125 swimmers. We train year round at Calvert Hall College High School in Towson, MD in our own dedicated facility. We have a six lane pool, with a brand-new digital Colorado Scoreboard and access to high level weight rooms and dryland opportunities.
The desired coach for this position would be responsible for conducting and coordinating our Age Group program, and directly coaching two groups; our 8&Under program and our Gold 11-12 age group. The practices should be engaging, fun, challenging, and focused towards stroke development and athlete improvement.
Other responsibilities for this coach would include:
Emailing and communicating with parents.
Meet entries on Team Manager. Knowledge of Team Unify.
Attendance at swim meets. We typically attend 1-2 meets a month.
The coach should expect to work approximately 10 hours per week on deck coaching.
Assist in incorporating social activities into the group.
Be willing to work with other groups as needed.
Date posted: February 21, 2024
Location: 20437 River Bank Street, Sterling, VA, USA
with Rivercrest Riptide
The Rivercrest Riptide Swim Team is located in Potomac Falls, Va and is a member of the Old Dominion Swim League. We are currently accepting applications for the 2024 summer swim season. The Riptide consists of approximately 80 swimmers, ages 5-18. Prospective applicants must have a strong desire to work with and develop swimmers of all abilities with a great attitude and enthusiasm.
We are looking for an experienced coach with strong stroke development and technical skills who has the ability to create and cultivate a fun learning environment for our swimmers. We stress the importance of building relationships with our swim families while also promoting teamwork, personal growth and development within our individual swimmers.
As Head Coach, you will be responsible for planning and running daily team practices and seeding and attending all meets. You will oversee a team of student coaches including senior coaches, junior coaches and coaches in training. You will guide and direct our student coaching staff to ensure that every swimmer receives the attention and guidance they need to have a fun and successful experience.
Our season begins May 28th and goes through July 27th. Weekly practices will run Monday through Thursday evenings, 6-8:30pm until school is out on June 14th, then Monday through Friday mornings from 7:30-10:00am. You will attend Time Trials, three Wednesday evening and five Saturday morning meets, in addition to a Divisional and All Star Meet. There will also be preseason league meetings and team social events that will require your attendance, like our end-of season Golden Goggles Awards event.
- Previous Head Coach or extensive Assistant coaching experience.
- Previous competitive swimming experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working with children of all ages and abilities
- Strong knowledge of USA Swimming rules.
- Effective communication, organization, leadership and collaboration skills.
- Positive team spirit
- Must pass league required background check
- Ability to become proficient with Swimtopia and Meet Maestro software
Date posted: February 21, 2024
Location: Cheshire, CT, USA
with Cheshire Y/ Sea Dog Swim Club
Assistant Swim Coach – Cheshire Y/Sea Dog Swim Club
Location: Cheshire Community Pool, Cheshire, CT
Part-Time: 15-20 hours per week
Schedule: Mainly 5:00 PM to 8:30 PM
Sea Dog Swim Club, a reputable name in competitive swimming, is known for its enduring excellence, maintaining a consistent level of high performance over decades, including being a 3-time YMCA National Champion and earning the USA Swimming’s Club Excellence Bronze Medal. Our commitment to excellence and development of young talents continues to set us apart in the swimming community.
We are seeking a dedicated and passionate Assistant Swim Coach to join our team. This role is perfect for someone who loves the sport of swimming and is eager to work with young athletes, helping them develop their skills and achieve their potential. The hired coach will be working mainly with 12 & under with the possibility of working with 13 & over.
– Provide high-quality coaching and support to our 12 and under swimmers and potentially 13 & over swimmers.
– Conduct daily training sessions in alignment with our club’s philosophy and goals.
– Monitor and evaluate the progress of swimmers, providing constructive feedback and encouragement.
– Ensure a safe and positive environment that promotes athlete well-being.
– Collaborate with the coaching team to organize and participate in swim meets and events.
– Experience in coaching competitive swimming, preferably with younger age groups. – Strong understanding of stroke techniques and training methodologies.
– Ability to work effectively with children and communicate with parents.
– Certifications in Lifeguarding, CPR, First Aid (or willingness to obtain).
– Alignment with Sea Dog Swim Club’s values and commitment to excellence.
Date posted: February 20, 2024
Location: 2 Highland View Dr, Bayville, NY 11709, USA
with Piping Rock Club
Piping Rock Club is seeking a Swim Instructor and Coach for the 2024 Season.
This is a summer position that can run from Memorial Day to Labor Day or from late June through mid August. Our camp runs from June 25 through August 9, Tuesday to Friday, with additional hours at the Coach’s discretion. Working with the Aquatics Director, the Coach will be responsible for evaluating, teaching, and coaching children age 4 through 14. The Aquatic Director would handle all lifeguard supervision and administrative tasks. Job description is below.
We offer a competitive hourly rage of $40.00 to $46.00 hourly depending on experience, an additional $1000.00 weekly during camp, 100% commission on private lessons, as well as lunch daily at no cost, golf and tennis privileges at a top ranked Country Club.
For details, call Rob Gasperetti, H.R. Director, at (516) 470-9689. Thank you.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Responsible for swimming and diving instruction for the Junior Sports Group Program and coaching the Club’s junior team at swim meets.
· Design and manage comprehensive swim instruction program for Junior Sports Group.
· Evaluate Junior Sports Group campers for swimmer/non-swimmer designation. Communicate with Camp Lifeguard for group assignments.
· Enthusiastically promote membership into the PRC Swim Team and encourage participation by many Club juniors.
· Create lesson plans that incorporate skill progression and activities suitable for different age groups and proficiency levels.
· Deliver engaging and effective swim and dive instruction to junior members emphasizing proper technique, safety practices, and sportsmanship.
· Ensure a safe and supportive learning environment by adhering to all pool safety guidelines and protocols.
· Provide swimming and diving instruction to members of all ages. Enter billing into the point-of-sale system.
· Remain up to date on techniques of instruction and coaching methods of various strokes.
· Act as Head Aquatics Coach in Inter and Intra-Club meets.
· Attend and participate in meetings of the Beach and Junior Activity Committees.
QUALIFICATIONS: Water Safety Instructor certification from American Red Cross or similar designation is required. Competitive swimming or diving experience is preferred.
The job duties as listed above are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement. It may be modified in the future, pursuant to the New York Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements Law. It is estimated based on what a successful New York applicant might be paid. Piping Rock Club takes into consideration a candidate’s education, training and experience, seniority, expected quality and quantity of work, external market and internal value, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees. In compliance with the New York law, a potential employee’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
Only those lawfully authorized to work in the United States of America will be considered. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Date posted: February 20, 2024
Location: Ellisville, MO, USA
with Rockwood Swim Club
- Abide by the American Swimming Coaches Association Code of Ethics, the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and Rockwood policies and procedure
- Development and implementation of overall team philosophy on coaching, swimmer development, and team dynamics
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with our curriculum, practice schedules, and be supportive of the overall philosophy and direction of the Swim Club
- Grow, coach, oversee, and manage our program by writing and executing workouts, attending meets, entering swimmers into meets via software, running clinics, and social functions. Teach proper swim techniques and stroke mechanics
- Is willing and motivated to work/be involved on multiple fronts within the organization- leading or assisting with fundraisers, special events and team-builders, clinics, camps, evaluation process, attend home and away meets, and participate in coaches’ education opportunities.
- Interact effectively with parents
- Model language, demeanor, and sportsmanship for swimmers. Exhibit daily a passion for helping swimmers maximize their potential.
- Keep daily attendance and workout log
- Arrives 15 minutes early for all workouts and begins workouts on time
- Maintains a safe practice environment-free of violence and/or harassment
- Creates and implements detailed season and yearly plans for water time, dryland time, and educational aspects due to the Head Coach
- Creates workout sets designed to develop swimmers for the next group
- Attends all staff meetings
- Attend all assigned meets, arriving 15 minutes before the start of warm-ups, assist with warm ups, and work with all Rockwood coaches to provide a positive, competitive atmosphere for each Rockwood swimmer.
- Assist other coaches/instructors as needed within Rockwood and communicate regularly with counterpart group coaches. Substitute for other coaches as needed.
- College Degree (Preferred)
- 3 plus years coaching experience including teaching technique and the development of life-long swimming skills. Must be comfortable with Age Group swimmers.
- Strong communication skills working with parents, swimmers and coaches and a team first approach is important.
- Possess USA Swimming certifications and credentials commensurate with the position
- Computer proficiency including the use of e-mail, Internet Navigation, Google Suite, Microsoft Office and Publisher Software, Team Unify, and Social Media Platforms.
- Abides by applicable USA Swimming Codes of Conduct and Safe Sport Requirements and Pass a reference check.
- This job can be full time for the right candidate
- Rockwood Swim Club offers a complete benefits package including health, dental, vision, and long and short-term disability insurance through the Rockwood School District. (for applicable candidates)
- Rockwood Swim Club also offers a retirement plan through the Rockwood School District. (for applicable candidates)
- Rockwood Swim Club will also reimburse for appropriate travel expenses, professional certifications, and coaching memberships.
- Rockwood Swim Club is located in West St. Louis County. The Rockwood School District is noted for being a top 4 ranking Missouri school district. West St. Louis County is known for having multiple state and local parks containing many hiking and biking trails, scenic overlooks of the Missouri and Meramec Rivers, access to many great local restaurants and shopping areas.
- This position is listed as part time (30 hours per week), but could be a full-time position for the right candidate
- Hourly salary starts at $17 but can change depending on experience
Date posted: February 20, 2024
Location: 441 East Fordham Road, The Bronx, NY, USA
with Fordham University
- Manages and administers all aspects of the Swimming & Diving program within the University, Atlantic 10, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates integrity, leadership, a strong commitment, and the ability to motivate, teach, counsel, and recruit academically qualified students.
- Assumes responsibility for the organization, coaching, and training of all practices and meets.
- Improves student-athletes’ skill development through practice and meets.
- Evaluates, identifies, and recruits quality student-athletes within the University, Atlantic 10 Conference, and NCAA policies.
- Hires, supervises, and trains assistant coaches.
- Tracks academic monitoring of student-athletes through their completion of graduation.
- Manages the annual operating budget and respective fundraising gift account.
- Oversees team travel, equipment, and supplies.
- Works with the Maroon Club and the development staff to raise funds and develop other fundraising activities to support the swimming and diving program.
- Organizes and coordinates the schedule for the Messmore Swimming Pool for M/W Swim & Dive, Water Polo, Open Swim, and more.
- Trains, schedules, and supervises lifeguards.
- Is responsible for the Pool Health and Safety Plan.
- Works in conjunction with University Facilities to coordinate and manage a comprehensive program of facility and water sanitation operations, equipment repair, and preventative maintenance.
- Monitors pool instrumentation and correct as needed the chemical feeders, filters, and the heating and cooling system.
- Ensures pool area cleanliness, monitoring of chemicals, enforcement of safety guidelines, and adherence to all Aquatic Center Rules.
- Maintains records of users on a daily and hourly basis and maintenance schedules.
- Ensures compliance with all NYC Aquatic regulations and all permits and equipment are up-to-date and code compliant.
- Works with University Campus Operations to ensure the pool deck is cleaned regularly.
- Coordinates with Athletic Facilities for any facility needs for swimming, diving, and water polo programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Date posted: February 19, 2024
Location: Los Gatos Swim and Racquet Club, 14700 Oka Road, Los Gatos, CA, USA
with Los Gatos Swim Club
HEAD AGE GROUP COACH with Los Gatos Swim Club
Los Gatos Swim Club is looking an assistant Swim Coach to help with its swim program. Applicants should be energetic, enthusiastic, and comfortable interacting with parents and other staff on a daily basis. We run a year round program as well as a summer league team
We Are Looking For Candidates Who Possess:
Previous coaching/strong swimming experience, Coaching certification or willingness to become certified.
Knowledge of proper swimming technique and fundamentals
Extraordinary organizational and communication skills
Positive outgoing personality and patience
Experience planning workouts and preparing swim meet lineups
SWIM COACH JOB DESCRIPTION
Status: Part-time Hourly 3:00pm-7:00pm or 3:00pm-5:30pm
Start Date: end of August
Compensation: $18-$35/hour, depending on experience
Job Purpose: Lead and work with the Head Swim Team Coach and members during practices and swim meets and perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Results:
Responsible for assisting in all levels of the program.
Conduct swim team practice in a safe, friendly and competitive environment.
In the Head Coaches absence, oversee all aspects of the program.
Assists with Administration and conducting of swimming meets
Assist in development and implementation of seasonal training plans for all age groups.
Assist in planning and running of social events.
Promotes swim team participation
Prevents accidents and eliminates or minimizes hazardous situations.
Responds quickly to all emergency situations and administers any first aid needed by the victim of an accident.
Observes and enforces all rules and regulations of the facility
Knowledge of Valley Aquatic League rules and ensures that all members are swimming according to league rules.
Performs related duties as required.
Arrives promptly to work
Physical Demands of Position:
Standing and walking 95% of shift.
Lifting items 5-51 pounds during daily routine.
Ladder climbing. Stairs up and down. Bending, stooping, stretching, kneeling, twisting, turning, gripping and grasping.
Exposure to weather conditions.
Repetitive arm and shoulder use. Wrist (right or left) for tool use.
Exposure to chemicals, inhalation and skin contact.
Pushing and pulling. See hear, smell, talk. Basic math and writing skills.