Date posted: February 6, 2023
Location: Prince William County, VA, USA
with Prince William Swim Club
The Prince William Swim Club is looking for an energetic and motivated individual to serve as the Head Coach, working with the PWSC Board of Directors to provide leadership, structure, and direction of the club. The Head Coach reports directly to the Board of Directors. The ideal candidate will have an outgoing personality; a growth mindset that works well with our swimmers, other coaches, and parents; valuing the PWSC mission, goals, and intent. This position requires early morning, evening, and weekend work depending on the swim schedule, with approximately 25-30 hours on deck each week. The Head Coach will directly coach and oversee the Senior Groups, consisting of 30-50 swimmers and up to 250 swimmers in the club as a whole. The Head Coach may have to augment coaching to the other groups, if required. The Head Coach also shall hire, retain, and oversee necessary part-time coaching staff along with an Assistant Coach, that coach various age group swimmers at multiple sites. The Head Coach will provide necessary supervision and conduct parent engagement to resolve issues that were unable to be resolved at the lower coaching levels.
- Responsible for the day-to-day coaching operations, hands on guidance and involvement in all aspects of the PWSC, including working with swimmers, parents, coaching staff.
- Responsible for team administration duties, as necessary and all aspects of team management.
- Plan and conduct 2-4 hours per day of on-deck coaching, coaching the Senior group (ages 14+) and Junior Swimmers for up to 2 practice groups or as required.
- Effectively coach various age group levels, setting a strong, positive, enthusiastic, and highly energetic tone for all age groups, as needed.
- Oversee and mentor a variety of experienced part-time coaching staff, with diverse backgrounds, ensuring staff are well prepared and supported in the execution of their duties.
- Ensure coaching staff are up to date on all certifications and requirements, providing opportunities for continued development.
- Coordinate and develop group goals and curriculum.
- Maintain up-to-date performance reports on senior group athletes.
- Communicate effectively with parents, swimmers, and other coaches through a variety of oral and written communication methods to ensure members are well informed of activities and deadlines.
- Plan annual practice and meet schedules.
- Organization and submission of swim meet entries to meet hosts by stated deadlines.
- Attend all scheduled swim meets (1-2 weekends per month), meetings, and team functions as required.
- Conduct swimmer assessments for group placement.
- Other associated duties as may be required.
Requirements and Compensation:
Applicants should have a competitive swimming background and experience with coaching, mentoring, and working with swimmers of all ages and abilities. Must be able to obtain and maintain USA Swimming Membership requirements to include Lifeguarding/First Aid and CPR, Coaches Safety, Safe Sport and concussion certifications and membership in good standing with USA Swimming. Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check. Additional training through USA Swimming may be necessary.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (exercise science, education, or related field).
- Minimum of 3 years’ successful experience as a Lead Age Group Coach or higher with a USA Swimming team.
- Demonstrated experience with swimmer development at the national level and swimmer retention and recruitment.
- ASCA Level 2 certification or above.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships with coaches, board of directors, parents, and pool operators, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated proficiency with SWIMS, Team Unify and Hy-Tek, meet entries, and
communication and communication tools such as use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Compensation: Compensation commensurate with experience.
Date posted: February 6, 2023
Location: 541 Main St, New London, New Hampshire, USA
with Colby-Sawyer College
Who We Are
Colby-Sawyer College is a comprehensive liberal arts-based institution located in the scenic Lake Sunapee area of New Hampshire. We have friendly people, beautiful nature, and small-town amenities and shops. We are located about 35 minutes south of Dartmouth College and just 1 hour 30 minutes from Boston. For more information see Lake Sunapee Region Chamber of Commerce, NH.
We strive to always be a people-first organization. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment for all employees. If you are looking for a place where you will feel welcome and that you belong, Colby-Sawyer College is that place.
Colby-Sawyer is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the institution. Applicants are encouraged to share what they can offer and how they can help us to achieve and maintain these values in their cover letter.
Colby-Sawyer College seeks to hire a Head Coach, Swimming and Diving / Aquatics Coordinator to direct its successful swimming and diving program, which competes as an NCAA Division III program as a member of the Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC). This includes practice and competition coaching, recruiting student-athletes, design and implementation of training plans, and advising and mentoring student-athletes. Successful candidate will also manage the operation of the aquatics facility, activities, swimming programs, and lifeguards.
- Recruit student-athletes: maintain up-to-date files of prospective students; evaluate athletic performance and meet with prospective students; participate in special department recruitment programs/activities.
- Perform key program planning functions for assigned team(s), including: training, conditioning of athletes, monitoring academic and personal development through program evaluations, in conjunction with the mission and culture of the college and in consultation with the Director of Athletics.
- Plan and schedule all aquatic programming for the Hogan Sports Center (HSC), including pool programs, Lifeguard certification courses, swim lessons, and water aerobics for HSC members, Colby-Sawyer students, staff, and faculty. In consultation with HSC Director, coordinate outside use of pool.
- Plan and carry out team practice sessions, coach team during contests, arrange travel when necessary, model good sportsmanship and positive social interactions at all times.
- Perform various administrative tasks for the program: plan and monitor budget; maintain inventory of, and project expenses related to equipment and uniforms and coordinate program schedule.
- Maintain standards necessary to retain state pool license.
- Prepare facilities for programs, practices and home contests.
- Maintain strict compliance with all college, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Assist Admissions staff in recruiting efforts as needed.
- Observe safety requirements. Report safety issues and items requiring work orders to supervisor or security.
- Work effectively with all college employees and students.
- Demeanor to deal effectively with students, parents, high school coaches and other college athletics personnel, and other CSC personnel in carrying out the recruitment and coaching aspects of the job.
- Serve as lifeguard if the pool is scheduled to be open and coverage cannot be scheduled with lifeguard staff.
- Oversee the maintenance of the pool including deck and pool cleaning, chemical balancing, backwashing and any other issues pertaining to the proper functioning of the facility. Make recommendations for equipment repair and replacement as well as capital gifts to enhance the facility.
- May require unusual work schedules, off-site work assignments, and a variety of work environments. Other duties as assigned by Director of Athletics and/or HSC Director.
- Bachelor’s required.
- Current lifeguard and First Aid certifications required.
- Lifeguard training certification required or the ability to become certified within 30 days of hiring.
- Two years of collegiate coaching experience desirable, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Basic knowledge and skills related to college athletic programs, with demonstrated skills in assigned team sports.
- Demonstrated basic teaching/coaching skills
Date posted: February 6, 2023
with United World College of South East Asia
UWCSEA is looking for a Head of Aquatics to join its Dover Campus as soon as possible
The United World College, Dover campus has a well established and successful aquatics programme. Supported by a 10 lane 50M and a learn-to-swim pool, the programme serves a team of 300 competitive swimmers and a Learn to Swim and recreational swim programme of 250 students.
The Head of Aquatics is responsible for the design, delivery and monitoring of the Aquatic programme and resources; catering for a diverse range of abilities and age-groups, from Junior School pupils through to competitive High School swimmers. The Head of Aquatics overseas the Assistant Head of Swimming and the Aquatics Development Coordinator. The Head of Aquatics works closely with the Junior School, Middle School and High School Sports Coordinators and reports to the Director of Activities & Sport.
The role entails
- strategic planning of the annual & seasonal learn to swim, recreational and team training programmes
- leading coaching of all levels of the Swim Team
- development and mentoring of 6 assistant coaches
- development of smooth transition systems of swimmers from the Learn to Swim programme into the Swim team
- organisation of home meets, including friendly meets, local ACSIS Championships and regional SEASAC Championships
- development of the annual Swim team calendar and associated periodisation of training
- organization of overseas trips and competitions
- implementation and monitoring of pool health and safety policies and practice
- planning and provision of appropriate facilities and equipment to support the Aquatics programme
Liaising with the:
- Sports & Activities office who will assist with facility preparation, administration and finance
- Aquatics Development Coordinator to ensure there is an overview, progression and continuity across the aquatic programme
- parents – sharing the philosophy, structure and schedule of the programme and enlisting parental assistance to support the staffing and organisation of events.
- Communications dept to ensure Aquatics websites, newsletters, surveys and general information follow College policies and are updated in a timely fashion.
- Finance dept to ensure that the Aquatics programme remains financially sustainable.
- At least 5 years of experience within a management role or leading a Swim team.
- Minimum of 5 years successful coaching experience (with a proven track record) to include a detailed understanding of performance needs of developing aquatics
- ACSTA Silver / UKCC Level III or equivalent
- an appropriate approach to age-group training focusing on technical competence, motivation, enjoyment, team-building and long-term success
- strong organisational skills, including a working knowledge of HyTek software
- excellent communication skills
- experience with Google Suites
- a commitment to a holistic education and to the mission of the school
- an ability to develop relationships based on mutual respect
Apply via our job portal by Monday, 20 February 2023 11:59pm Singapore Time.
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
UWCSEA is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes applications from those who wish to join a community which is inclusive, and which celebrates diversity.
Date posted: February 6, 2023
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
with Harrow International School Bangkok
We are seeking high performing leaders for posts commencing in August 2023. To lead and oversee the development and performance of swimming across the whole school. Swimming is a key area of sporting success at Harrow Bangkok and students pathway through lesson provision, after school activity and Sports Academy will receive superb teaching and coaching, have ample opportunity to learn, love and develop water confidence whilst providing structures to compete at the highest level.
The role of Head of Aquatics will raise the profile of swimming, provide opportunities for staff to enhance subject knowledge and lifesaving, celebrate development and performance whilst inspiring a generation of students to enjoy swimming. Successful applicants are offered two year renewable contracts with highly competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions.
We welcome applications from the UK state and independent sector as well as from those working internationally. Opportunities to work with our boarders may be available.
Please apply for this vacancy if you meet the following requirements.
Experience and qualifications
• Appropriate degree, with UK PGCE, or other teaching qualification giving QTS
• Minimum Level 2 Coaching Qualification in swimming. A knowledge of the Hy-Tek swim sports software and Schoolsbuddy platform would be an advantage
• Minimum three years’ teaching experience
• Familiarity with the National Curriculum of England (Plus IGCSE/GCSE and/or A Levels as appropriate)
• Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
• A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
• Recent and consistent involvement in extracurricular activities
• Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
• Previous experience working with students for whom English is not their first language
• A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
• Acceptable police checks (or equivalent) from the country of origin and from all other countries in which the applicant has worked and no question regarding suitability to work with children
• Appropriate references from current and previous employer, corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee
Thursday, 23rd February 2023 at 07.00AM Thailand Time (early applications encouraged)
The safeguarding of our students is at the core of all that we do. All appointments are conditional on:
• Acceptable police checks (or equivalent) from the country of origin and from all countries in which you have worked
• Appropriate references from your current and previous employer, corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee
All enquiries should be directed to Harrow Bangkok [email protected]
Please find Prospectus in this link.
More information is available on our website in this link.
Date posted: February 3, 2023
International Swimming Nutrition Company is looking for someone to work closely and directly with the owner on all aspects of:
- Social media
- Website content
- Interaction with Internationally sponsored sportsmen and women
Applicant must be a quick learner, possess strong creative writing and communication skills, and have a working knowledge of Social media platforms.
Work Experience, Nutritional knowledge and both a swimming and web design backgrounds a plus.
Applicant may work remotely, flexible hours, salary commensurate with experience.
Date posted: January 31, 2023
with Grown-Up Swimming
Grown-Up Swimming is looking for league directors to be the boots on the ground for the next Swim League in the following cities: Austin, Dallas/Ft Worth, Richmond, South Florida, Tampa, Philadelphia, Chicago, and many more.
The League Director will be considered a good fit if they have:
- A passion for swimming
- A strong network in the swimming community
- An ability to sell & market the league’s benefits to experienced and novice swimmers of all ages
- A flexible schedule to handle time commitment during Grown-Up Swim Season
- Fun. Please have fun with this.
The League Director’s main responsibilities include:
- Uphold Grown-Up Swimming brand standards: Have fun, Create a fun atmosphere, Strongly encourage others to have fun, Manage a safe environment
- Recruiting teams to join the league (or convincing team captains to pull together a collection of swimmers into a team)
- Securing pools to host meets
- Handling league-specific communications to Team Captains and swimmers
- Executing/operating up to 4-5 meets according to league rules & Grown-Up Swimming, LLC SOPs
- Securing local sponsors
This is a paid contractor position. Pay is variable based on the number of swimmers in each league.
Date posted: January 30, 2023
Location: Kingsport, TN, USA
with Barracuda Swim Club of Northeast Tennessee
Assistant to the Head Coach / Head Site Coach
The Barracuda Swim Club of Northeast Tennessee has an immediate opening for a full-time Head Site Coach at its Kingsport, TN, location. The site coach will answer directly to the Barracuda Swim Club head coach.
The Barracuda Swim Club is a well-established (1959) year-round USAS team that operates out of two sites approximately 20 miles apart. It is directed by a parents’ board, on which the head coach and head site coach have both voice and vote. The current head coach has been with the program since 2002.
The Kingsport site trains primarily at the Kingsport Aquatic Center – a state-of-the art 50 meter indoor facility with moveable bulkheads that was opened in May, 2013. The team is stable, having been founded in 1959. The community is located in beautiful northeast Tennessee, close to hiking and biking trails, waterfalls, and other outdoor recreational activities. The cost of living in Tennessee is 10% below the national average, making the area an affordable place to live.
The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics, skills and certifications:
(1) A strong background in teaching sound stroke technique
(2) Strong communication skills in both group and individual situations, written and verbal.
(3) The ability to create and implement comprehensive teaching and training plans appropriate to swimmers’ages and ability levels.
(4) The ability and willingness to coach swimmers of all levels – from novice participants through nationalqualifiers.
(5) The ability to manage, direct and mentor part-time assistant coaches.
(6) The ability to foster and maintain a collaborative relationship with pool staff.
(7) The ability to manage lane usage, program costs, and pool logistics.
(8) A positive, personable, and enthusiastic demeanor.
(9) The drive to grow the program in terms of both membership numbers and swimming competency.
(10) The ability and willingness to work with a strong coaching staff and dedicated parents’ board for the betterment of the club.
(11) Current required certifications and training (or the ability to obtain them readily), including background checks.
(12) Familiarity with Team Manager, Meet Manager and Team Unify software and platforms is desirable.
A generous compensation package includes:
A base salary of between $28,000 and $33,000 per year.
Reimbursed medical insurance
A moving allowance of up to $1500.
Reimbursed meet and travel expenses.
The cost of mandated USA Swimming courses
Membership fees for USA Swimming and ASCA
An annual budgeted amount for professional development.
Date posted: January 29, 2023
Location: Palm Desert, CA, USA
with Palm Desert Swim Club
Palm Desert Swim Club is seeking an inspiring and energetic assistant age group coach(es) with excellent leadership, communication, and team building skills to support the club’s membership and established coaching staff.
About PDSC: PDSC
- Establishing an environment that fosters positive team attitude while teaching self-discipline, sportsmanship, responsibility, and respect.
- Coordinating with the head coach to develop and implement a swim training program that is technically, age, and developmentally appropriate, for both water and dryland training, which allows swimmers of different abilities to reach their highest potential while considering all learning styles.
- Communicating and working effectively with the head coach, other coaches, parents of swimmers, and the board of directors regarding all matters of the club.
- Demonstrating mature judgment, reliability, availability, and ethical behavior including punctuality, confidentiality, positive and constructive feedback, and the ability to function in a multi-task environment.
- Working flexible hours including nights and weekends, and attending swim meets.
- Being a positive role model, maintaining high ethical and moral standards, and adhering to all rules and policies of PDSC and USA Swimming.
Compensation: Competitive compensation will be offered commensurate with experience and credentials. Possible pay increases with experience and growth.
Approximate Hours: Several weekday evenings between approximately 3:45-7:00pm, although precise hours and days of work vary. Some weekends for meets or occasional weekend practice.
- Have or immediately obtain all USA Swimming coaching requirements
- Successfully clear USA Swimming- and California-required background checks
Date posted: January 29, 2023
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
with Los Angeles Area Club
Year-round Head Coach for a Los Angeles-based swim club. A generous compensation package includes:
A base salary of between $,45000 and $60,000 per year.
Reimbursed medical insurance
Reimbursed meet and travel expenses.
The cost of mandated USA Swimming courses
Membership fees for USA Swimming and USMS
Paid vacation of 3 weeks a year.
The selected applicant will be responsible for the daily operations of the year-round competitive swim program and
report to the Board.
● Uphold the club’s mission and vision.
● Supervise, educate, and mentor all assistant coaches. Ensure all coaches are up to date with certifications.
● Attend Coastal Committee (Southern California & USA Swimming) meetings on behalf of our program and
report to the Board on meetings attended
● Develop, monitor, and update individual swimmer plans based on their goals, including target meets, events,
● Design and oversee seasonal training for all groups.
● Coach swimmers. Expected on-deck presence 6 days a week for 25 hours per week.
● Paid vacation to be taken during regularly scheduled team breaks only
● Direct staff meetings as required.
● Set workout schedules.
● Determine workout groups for each athlete and update group requirements/progression as needed.
● Arrange and oversee tryouts for all new swimmers
● Track hours worked by assistant coaches. Obtain Board approval prior to assigning additional hours
● Maintain roster on TeamUnify.
● Ensure all swimmers are registered with USA swimming.
● Conduct swimmer appraisals quarterly.
● Maintain swimmers’ attendance at workouts.
● Use available Go-Pro and dry land equipment in support of individual and group training goals
● Set team meet schedules for all groups and obtain approval from the Board.
● Staff scheduled meets.
● Attend meet (expected min 1 per month).
● Meet entry submission and payment in accordance with meet deadlines.
● Process monthly billing (through TeamUnify) including meet fees and other miscellaneous charges.
● Make travel plans and travel arrangements as needed.
● Act as Meet Coordinator (communicate with host teams/admin and swimmers prior to meets, organize meet
● Upload meet results and team records to TeamUnify.
● Establish and maintain regular and timely communication with swimmers, parents, coaches, and board
members (via TeamUnify).
● Oversee team website, Instagram, and Facebook accounts. (Task can be delegated to an assistant coach)
● Assist in marketing the swim team and act as media liaison.
● Provide a quarterly program report to the Board.
● Hold a parent meeting each quarter to educate and inform parents.
● Assist and support all fundraising activities. Support delegated Board Member in charge of fundraising.
● Prior experience as a Head Coach preferred.
● Prospective employees must be USA-Swimming registered swim coach and able to pass USA-Swimming
background check and USA-Swimming Athlete Protection Program.
● Proficient in TeamUnify.
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with all levels of athletes, parents, Board, and
● Good team management skills, highly organized with great attention to detail.
● Up-to-date understanding of coaching techniques through research and continuing education.
● Track record of swimmer retention, recruitment, and development at all levels.
● Bachelor’s degree and college swimming experience preferred.
● Minimum of 3 references.
Must have credentials to work in the US: citizenship, green card, or existing visa such as O1
Date posted: January 28, 2023
Location: 8324 Old Madison Pike, Madison, AL, USA
with Madison Swimming Association (MSA-SE)
Position: Head Swim Coach for Madison Swimming Association (MSA)
Location: Madison, AL
Madison Swimming Association (MSA) is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time salaried Head Swim Coach position. MSA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization overseen by a member elected Board of Directors and has been serving the North Alabama Community for over 30 years. MSA has approximately 165 swimmers each year with athletes ranging from 5 to 18 years old and ability level from beginner to representing the club at the highest levels of USA Swimming, including Olympic Trial Qualifiers. Madison Swimming Association’s purpose is to help participants go as far as they wish in the sports of swimming and diving while teaching discipline, hard work, goal orientation, sportsmanship, and fun.
Provide training appropriate for swim club members to include but not limited to the following:
- Organize, instruct and supervise multiple practice groups from Monday to Friday, plus Saturday mornings
- Develop season and practice goals for all groups
- Develop and implement training programs and on deck instruction, as needed based on age and skill level
- Develop and implement dryland programs for all groups
- Provide a stable, professional, and positive environment for all MSA athletes
Provide supervision and direction of coaching and administrative duties to include but not limited to the following:
- Recruit, supervise, and mentor Assistant Coaches to ensure a reliable, cohesive, and positive environment with an emphasis on teamwork and personal growth. Ensure appropriate coach coverage for practice sessions
- Create season training plans for stroke technique progression, dryland progression, and training progression for all levels and effectively communicate to swimmers and coaches
- Manage the meet calendar, entries, and results. Determine coach coverage at meets – attend majority of meets personally
- Serve as liaison with the pool management and staff to determine availability and schedule pool use
- Communicate between coaches, athletes, and parents regarding training and competition
- In coordination with the Board of Directors, assist in the planning of home meets, team travel, team fundraising, and team social functions. Prepare and present monthly Coach’s Report at Board Meetings; attend all team Board meetings and SES Technical Planning Committee Meeting (coaches) and House of Delegates (HOD) meetings.
- Provide an environment that is in compliance with all applicable Club, USA Swimming, and Southeastern Swimming (SES) regulations, including current Safe Sport policies. Mutual respect should extend to the Coach-Swimmer, Coach-Parent, and Coach-Official relationships. The Head Coach should be a model of sportsmanship.
- Build relationships with local school districts and aquatic staff and help grow the club.
- Prefer minimum of 5 years of coaching experience in a competitive swim environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Experienced in developing swimmers from entry level swimmers to high level competitors
- Experienced in dryland training programs for swimmers
- Ability to work well with and effectively communicate with swimmers, parents, and staff
- Efficient computer skills including but not limited to Meet Manager and Team Unify
- Ability to create a positive training environment for all swimmers
- Enthusiasm for continuing coaching education
- Maintain all swim coaching certifications required by, and remain in good standing with, USA Swimming and Southeastern Swimming
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with coaching experience ranging from $50,000 – $70,000 per year
- Annual stipend for health insurance
- Reimbursement for meet expenses, travel, professional dues, certification costs and other educational classes with board approval
Date posted: January 27, 2023
Location: The Bolles School, San Jose Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL, USA
with The Bolles School
The Bolles Swim Camp is an annual boarding camp held on the Bolles School campus in Jacksonville, Florida. The camp provides an opportunity for swimmers to experience the rigorous training, technical coaching, and student life at the Bolles School. The camp creates an intimate introduction for students to Bolles, resulting in increased recognition for the School and a financial gain to support school operations. The swim camp has been recognized as a catalyst for many swimmers to reach new levels of the sport including the Olympics, International competitions, and US Championships.
The Swim Camp Counselor (s role is to directly manage the resident-life areas of the Bolles Swim Camp, primarily through direct engagement with campers. Campers should experience a safe, clean, and fulfilling experience at Bolles while enrolled in Swim Camp. The counselors will work together to create positive residential, athletic, and social aspects of the camper’s experience. Counselors will work directly with all the swim camp staff, the Bolles campus staff and support personnel. The position will require residency at the Bolles School from May 29 – July 2, 2023.
Counselors will be assigned specific times and activities to be responsible for each day. These can include but are not limited to; camp setup and break down, camper airport transport, wake up/lights out routines, meals, monitoring camper rest/free time, on campus activities, off campus activities, room change procedures, practice sessions, classroom sessions, gym/dryland sessions. Counselors will be scheduled to have “off duty” time throughout camp. Should the counselor need to schedule personal time, they should contact the resident-life director and head coach in advance.
- Counselors must live on The Bolles School campus for the duration of the camp.
- Proficiency with electronic communication, app-based communication tools, and social media is required.
- Experience working with or participating in competitive swimming is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with children; camp or other group experience preferred.
- Ability to teach and lead various recreational activities.
- Excellent character, integrity, and adaptability, Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience and self-control.
- Ability to communicate and work with a variety of age and skill levels.
- The desire and ability to work in a cooperative, team-oriented atmosphere.
- First Aid/CPR certification required.
- All positions require successful completion of a pre-employment background check and drug screen
- Minimum age of 18 years
- Supervise campers and actively participate in all aspects of the campers’ day.
- Take primary responsibility for the health, well-being and happiness of campers.
- Plan and participate in all camp activities with a positive attitude.
- Each counselor will be responsible for daily rotation of duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Counselors will attend on- and off-campus activities as assigned by the supervisor and coaching staff. This may include trips to the local beach, nearby cities or entertainment venues. Counselors must be willing to supervise and manage campers during these activities.
- Recognize and respond appropriately to opportunities for group problem solving within the camper community and among the staff.
- Observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
- Encourage respect for other campers’ personal property, school property, camp equipment and facilities.
- Maintain positive relationships with campers by showing sensitivity to campers’ emotional needs and problem-solving camper issues effectively.
- Meet/communicate regularly with camp leadership regarding concerns, updates and challenges.
- Abide by all The Bolles Swim Camp policies and procedures.
- Set a good example for campers, including cleanliness, punctuality, respect, rules and demeanor.
- Counselors work in a noisy, fast paced environment both indoors and outdoors with daily exposure to heat, sun, water and bugs. Prolonged standing, waiting, walking and some heavy lifting required. Must possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers.
- Counselor duties will require a varied day to day schedule including odd hours and local travel. Counselors should be flexible and proactive in managing their personal time.
- Counselors may request and discuss coaching duties as part of their contract for camp.
It is understood that this Job Description has been developed as an outline for basic responsibilities. Additional duties may be assigned by the Swim Camp Director & Resident Life Supervisor as deemed appropriate and/or necessary.
Date posted: January 27, 2023
Location: 16007 Crenshaw Blvd, Torrance, CA 90506, USA
with El Camino College
El Camino College
Part-Time Assistant Diving Coach
Division: Health Sciences & Athletics
Close Date: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2023
Complete job description and application available online at: https://elcamino.igreentree.com/css_academic
Faculty responsibilities include the coaching responsibilities in diving under the direction of the athletic director and division dean and assessment of learning outcomes to improve teaching and learning in achieving El Camino College’s mission of institutional effectiveness, quality educational programs, and vibrant student support services.
Provide instruction, mentoring, and coaching to student athletes in the skills, techniques, and competitive strategies necessary for individual and team achievement of athletic standards of performance; evaluate individual and team performance and refine individual and team strategies throughout the season.
Assist in planning and scheduling competitions, tournaments, and events in collaboration with coaches within and outside of the conference and in concert with academic schedules, District policy, and California Community College Commission on Athletics (CCCAA)/Western State Conference regulations; distribute schedules to student-athletes, department personnel, and campus media personnel; collect and report subject sport statistics.
Establish and maintain safety standards to protect student-athletes, equipment, materials, and facilities; demonstrate techniques of movement and body mechanics that prevent injuries; provide immediate assistance to injured student-athletes; document injuries and submit record-keeping reports as required.
Create a positive atmosphere for the student-athletes; support academic progress, retention, and matriculation of student-athletes through mentoring activities; refer student-athletes to support services, programs, resources, and other professionals as appropriate; maintain confidential student-athlete information.
Assist with the recruiting process in compliance with CCCAA regulations to identify and attract promising student-athletes; provide referrals to prospective student-athletes to academic and student services as appropriate; maintain contact with prospective student-athletes and provide prompt follow-up to inquiries from potential student-athletes.
Assist in developing the subject sport team budget and managing expenses to ensure expenditures remain within approved funding levels; recommend purchase of equipment, supplies and uniforms for subject sport; assist equipment personnel in maintaining inventory records for equipment and apparel.
Ensure program compliance within the subject sports program with CCCAA regulations; establish and monitor effective procedures to ensure staff and student-athletes comply with such requirements; communicate the disciplinary or corrective consequences of violations as set forth in the provisions of enforcement procedures; report violations of regulations to the Athletic Director or Dean.
Promote interest and attendance at athletic events; assist in fund-raising efforts for the program.
Provide work direction to others.
Perform related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in the discipline and any certificate or license required to do that work; OR
Any Associate’s degree and six years of experience and any certification or license required to do the work; OR
The equivalent – Candidates not possessing the required qualification(s) as stated on this announcement must complete the Request For Equivalency Form as part of the application process to explain in detail how their qualifications are equivalent to those above; OR
Valid California community college instructor credential in appropriate subject issued prior to July 1, 1990 (per California Education Code 87355); AND
Sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of college students, and of individuals with disabilities.
Demonstrated successful university, community college or high school coaching experience.
Recent coaching experience, preferably at the collegiate level.
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2023
Part-time faculty are compensated on a semester basis according to the number of class hours assigned per semester and on cumulative semesters of instruction for the District. The beginning rate is $90.97 (lecture), $68.95 (lab), per hour depending on education and experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a part-time, temporary position for the spring semester. Assignments may include off-site locations. Offer and acceptance of employment is subject to verification of all information provided on the employment application, credential(s), and transcripts. Candidates selected for employment must agree to be fingerprinted, submit a Certificate of Completion of the Tuberculosis Risk Assessment and/or Examination, provide proof of eligibility for employment in the United States, and present a valid Social Security Card upon hire.
Applicants with disabilities requiring special accommodations must contact the ADA Compliance Officer at least five (5) working days prior to the final filing date: ADA Job Applicant Accommodation Request (maxient.com)
Applicants must submit the following documents by the closing date:
Online application: https://elcamino.igreentree.com/css_academic
Cover letter describing how applicant meets the qualifications.
Resume including educational background, professional experience, and related personal development and accomplishments.
Pertinent transcripts (PDF format only) as stated in the required qualifications. (Unofficial computer-generated academic records/transcripts must include the name of the institution and degrees awarded to be acceptable.) Multiple page transcripts must be loaded as ONE PDF document.
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. For information on transcript evaluation services, please visit: http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Documents submitted or uploaded for a previous position cannot be reused for other positions. You must submit the required documents for each position you apply for by the closing date. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application. Applications with an incomplete status will not receive consideration. You may check the status of your application online.
If you need assistance you may call 310-660-3593 Ext. 3807 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday or by email at [email protected]
Due to the large volume of calls received on closing dates, we highly recommend that you do not wait until the last day to apply so that we may assist you with questions or technical matters that may arise. Give yourself sufficient time to complete the profile, which may take 45 minutes or more. Positions close promptly at 3:00 p.m. PST (pacific standard time).
JEANNE CLERY ACT COMPLIANT
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, El Camino College has published Annual Security Reports and all required statistical data, which can be found on the Police Department webpage at www.elcamino.edu/about/depts/police/cleryact/index.aspx. These publications include Clery crime statistics for the previous three years relevant to El Camino College classes and activities, in addition to institutional policies concerning campus safety and security. The information is also available in printed form in the lobby of the Police Department and in select locations on campus. Upon request, the Campus Police Department can provide or mail out copies of this publication. Contact them at 310-660-3100.
EL CAMINO COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The El Camino Community College District is committed to providing an educational and employment environment in which no person is subjected to discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental or physical), sex, gender (including pregnancy and childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military and veteran status, or retaliation; or on any other basis as required by state and federal law.
Date posted: January 26, 2023
Location: Statesboro, GA 30458, USA
with Southern Eagle Aquatics(SEGA)
- Lead and manage scheduled practices for our competitive youth swim team
- Supervise and manage learn-to-swim program
- Build and establish relationships and open communications with swimmers and parents
- Meet regularly with Board of Directors to discuss problems or opportunities
- Build and re-establish Masters swimming in the area
Date posted: January 25, 2023
Location: 57250 Overlook Road, Sunriver, OR, USA
with Sunriver Owners Association ( SROA) SHARC
Are you interested in joining our team here in beautiful Sunriver Oregon? We are seeking a full time Aquatics Manager to bring their A-game to central Oregon. We operate a year round indoor pool as well as 4 seasonal outdoor recreational pools including 2 water slides! We are located a short distance from Bend and in an outdoor adventure paradise! The summer season May-September you will manage upwards of 60 employees and see over 2000 visitors per day. In the winter we slow down to 200 people per day with a year round support crew of 6.
Please reach out for more details and a full job description.
Date posted: January 25, 2023
Location: Palo Alto, CA, USA
with Alto Swim Club
Alto Swim Club is seeking a full-time Developmental Team / Program Director.
Alto Swim Club is the premier USA swimming team in the Palo Alto and Stanford area; our mission is to be the best developmental and high performance swim team in the United States. We offer a comprehensive swim program for all athletes, from the beginner swimmer to the Olympian.
We are looking for a full-time Developmental Program Director to join our close-knit coaching team and community. The Developmental Program Director will lead several developmental (non-competition) practice groups daily. Practice time is generally between 3:30 – 7:30 pm on Monday – Friday. The program director will manage the organization and daily operations of all developmental and fitness swimming groups, private lessons, and clinics. The Director will lead program planning, program design, and communicate with teaching staff and Head Coaches. They will communicate with team families, hire and train swim instructors and part time coaching staff, implement local advertising efforts, and work closely with the Head Coaches on all Developmental Program initiatives. A typical week will include approximately 20 hours of on-deck coaching and 20 hours of administrative duties.
- Loves coaching. Passion for developing swimmers of all ages.
- Strong communication, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Expertise with current technique development and training.
- Enthusiastic, hard working, and highly motivated team player.
- Coaching and / or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level.
- Current USA Swimming coach certifications.
Alto Swim Club offers competitive compensation based on qualifications.
To get to know our team better, please visit www.altoswimclub.com.