with Georgetown University
The Assistant Coach for Men and Women’s Swimming and Diving recruits, retains, supervises, and coaches NCAA Division I swimming and diving student-athletes, under the guidelines of Georgetown, the BIG EAST Conference and NCAA, and carries out duties within the stated philosophy of Georgetown athletics and its educational mission. Reporting to the Head Coach for Men and Women’s Swimming and Diving, the Assistant Coach has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Follows all institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations to insure compliance.
- With general policy guidance from the Head Coach, makes decisions to successfully achieve department goals and objectives, and is accountable for the development of team policies and goals.
- Actively participates in practices and meets, such as meet preparation, practice planning, skill and video sessions (including working individually with, advising, and critiquing student-athletes to develop and improve their skills), weight training, and fitness programs.
- Evaluates prospective student-athletes, and analyzes and determines their abilities and whether they may succeed athletically and academically at Georgetown.
- Recommends or determines which prospective student-athletes the team should focus its time and resources to recruit, and then contacts and recruits such prospects.
- Performs additional duties such as monitoring of student-athlete academic performance; conducting, advising, counseling student-athletes regarding performance and conduct; identifying and addressing student-athlete welfare issues; and representing the University in donor/alumni public relations and community programs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of coaching and/or playing experience, preferably at the Division I level
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of intercollegiate swimming and diving
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment, academic eligibility requirements, and retention of student-athletes
- Knowledge of athletics recruitment methods and techniques
- Ability to create a database for all prospects – preference for recruiting software database experience
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills that demonstrate an ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and in writing
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record and insurability
- Proficiency in computer use and relevant Microsoft applications
- Availability and willingness to work weekends and evenings
with Team Charlotte Swimming
Team Charlotte Swimming is seeking a assistant coach for our swimmers ranging 6-10 years for our uptown site of the Charlotte area.
This position is part time with compensation based on knowledge and experience. We are looking for someone is who energetic, knowledgeable and passionate for age group competitive swimming.
Responsibilities would include:
– write and/or administer swim and dryland workouts
– Complete meet entries
– Attend meets
– Communicate with parents
Coach will be on deck on average five days a week and attend a meet once a month.
Team Charlotte Swimming (“TEAM”), Charlotte, N.C., with 35+ years of excellence in year-round competitive swimming. TEAM is a nonprofit, USA Swimming club comprised of 250+ age group swimmers and 9 coaches. We operate out of 4 aquatic facilities. Ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, passion for teaching and swimming, and a demonstrated ability to motivate athletes in and outside of the pool.
with Life Time Athletic
with Life Time
Manager with Direct Reports
with Northland United Swim Team
Northland United is a looking for qualified swim coaches who love the sport and being part of a dynamic team. NLU is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization recognized as a USA Swimming Level 3 program operating at three locations in the Kansas City area. We operate out of the Park Hill Aquatic center in the Kansas City Northland.
The NLU Swim Coach is responsible for planning, managing and directing age group swim practices of approximately 25-30 swimmers; Specifically duties shall include, but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Develop daily, weekly and season practice plan – dryland too;
- Coaching, guiding, and providing feedback to student athletes
- Comprehensive knowledge of the rules, fundamentals and technique of swimming in all four strokes;
- Maintain current CPR/AED and First Aid certification.
- Complete all trainings to comply with USA Swimming requirements.
- Develop and facilitate age level appropriate practices while maintain a conducive and safe environment.
- Develop positive relations with swimmers, parents and the NLU Board of Directors. This includes proper dress, language, demeanor and relations.
- Use of proper judgment to assess skills, aptitude, interest, citizenship, future ability and temperament for placement and continued enrollment on the team.
- Competitive swimming or coaching experience is preferred
- Availability Hours: Monday – Friday 4-7pm; Saturdays 6-10am;
- 15-20 hours per week; Competitive pay $12-$15 per hour;
- All USA Swimming credentials and background check required, NLU will assist with cost in attaining.
with T3i Services Inc.
T3I Coaches assigned to the Battlefield Airmen (BA) Preparatory Course at Lackland AFB, San Antonio, TX, provide training and development of the Air Force’s (AF) future BA, who are organized, trained, and equipped to deliver distinctive expertise in combat and other high-risk environments. As the only AF capability specifically designed to primarily operate as surface combatants, BA directly assist, control, enable, and execute air and space-power capabilities to conduct: Joint Fires Integration, Special Operations, Personnel Recovery, Tactical Airlift Operations, and Special Weather Operations.
Selected coaches are assigned to a team that is responsible for preparing BA recruits for physical and mental success during their 12 to 24 month training pipelines. Daily activities include instruction, demonstration, and application of physical training principles and techniques, with emphasis on body-weight exercises, functional movements, and performance under load. Coaches have daily contact and interaction with AF trainees and senior leaders, as well as other staff members, contractors and vendors. As such, Coaches must adhere to the highest standards of conduct throughout the course of their daily activities and apply appropriate relationships with trainees, customers, and teammates.
Required Skills, Experience & Abilities:
- Swim Coaching experience at a competitive level (club, collegiate, or Olympic)
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of sound training skills, relevant to fitness and athletics
- Develop, implement and teach foundational fitness skills to students with varying ability levels
- Build rapport with students and motivate them to achieve higher levels of performance
- Strong communication (written and oral), leadership and organizational skills
- Effectively teach various blocks of instruction related to health, fitness and physical performance
- Pass fitness test; 500-yard swim, 48 sit-ups, 40 pushups, 6 pull-ups and a 1.5mile in =< 12:00.
- Maintain a high degree of personal fitness and lead by example
- Be able to demonstrate all physical exercises and events required of the students
- Employ relevant technologies to support the training program and improve students’ performance
- Evaluate and provide written professional assessments on emerging technologies’
- Successfully complete the High-Risk Training Course taught by military instructors
- Study, follow and apply designated AF training and safety directives and guidelines
- Effectively work with frequent changes, interruptions and varying environmental conditions
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience developing and conducting collegiate, Olympic or professional athletic programs
- Experience coaching athletes at the club, collegiate, Olympic or professional level
- Highly successful athlete at the club, collegiate, Olympic or professional level
- Prior military service in Special Operations or other Combat Arms specialty
Required Education and Certifications:
B.S. or B.A. degree in Health and Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or related field
Certified Level 3 American Swimming Coach (ASCA)
Certified Lifeguard, CPR, AED, and First Aid
Desired Education and Certifications:
M.S. or M.A. degree in Sports, Athletics, Fitness, Nutrition or related field of study
Certified Level 4/5 American Swimming Coach (ASCA)
Certified Instructor for Lifeguard, CPR, AED, and First Aid
Required Background Check: National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI)
Type of Employment: Full Time
Work Location: Lackland AFB, San Antonio, TX
with Life Time
Manager with Direct Reports
with Savannah Swim Team
1) Bachelor’s Degree is preferred (exercise science, education, etc).
2) Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Age Group Coach with a USA Swimming team.
3) Excellent communication skills.
4) Positive and energetic presence with a passion for teaching technique.
5) Current CPR, First Aid, Coaches Safety, and Safe Sport certifications and membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
Preferred start date: May 1st, 2018. The position will remain open until filled. Salary range $13 per hour. Great opportunity for incentives, and bonuses available.
with Speedo USA / PVH
Manager Marketing, Sales Promotion – SPEEDO
- Robust collaboration on strategic marketing plans with account marketing leads, Marketing Director and cross-functional leadership teams (Sales, Brand, Marketing, Merchandising, Planning)
- Drive brand equity at an account level
- Partner closely with sales on strategic business development
- Point person with all cross-functional marketing groups in addressing all non-digital account marketing needs
- Collaborate the strategic planning, organization and implementation (including shipping, vendor sourcing, monitoring, and management) of all retail marketing assets: inclusive of in-store placement of fixtures, POS signs & graphic packages and other branding opportunities
- Development and management of all brand tradeshow needs
- Oversee Specialists/Coordinators account communications and all visual presentation direction to the field utilizing written and multi media skills
- Collaborate on Retail Sales GTM process for all channels: produce sell-in support materials and participate in account meetings, to secure retail space and oversee direct reports to ensure all in-store assets are developed, shipped, installed and maintained
- Monitor and maintain budgets
- Ability to oversea direct reports in building reports to analyze marketing initiatives and evaluate successes and areas needing improvement
- Collaborate on holistic marketing calendar to work in tandem with digital marketing needs.
- Work closely with Director of Marketing to execute on:
- Marketing allowance at account level (coop, development funds or any incremental investments)
- Brand partnership investment in resources and budget
- Sports marketing initiatives execution strategy and investment in resources and budget
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with sales, accounts and functional groups
- Oversee and build quality creative briefs around sales and account needs.
- Collaborate with bi-coastal marketing operations team and brand Project Manager to effectively drive projects to completion
- 5+ years of experience either within a large consumer based company preferably in the sporting good business
- Ability to analyze and report on season retail campaigns successes and areas needing improvement
- Experience managing a team
- Experience in retail marketing
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
with SwimLabs El Dorado Hills
Job Title: Instructor
Reports to: Aquatics Director
Date Updated: March 19, 2018
Accomplishes department objectives by teaching clients how to swim; maintaining facility cleanliness; providing exceptional customer service.
Essential Job Duties
- Teaches lessons to all ages and abilities; conducts lessons according to SwimLabs training; upholds company core values and displays competence in performing expectations.
- Provides accountability by submitting lesson plans in a timely manner; completes lesson notes for private lessons; communicates issues or questions to management.
- Establishes strategic goals by using lesson plans; builds relationship with clients; is prepared to teach upon arrival to work; is safe and competent to be left alone.
- Accomplishes responsibilities outside of teaching objectives by documenting completed tasks; takes initiative to find work; uses sound judgment to make decisions.
- Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; provides a safe and comfortable environment for all clients; resolves issues; identifying needs; recommending system improvements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Complies with employment expectations; makes appropriate adjustments when requested by management, including evaluation feedback; upholds standards of all signed contracts.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Customer Service, Performance Management, Lesson Management, Quality Management, Effective Communication, Results Driven, Team Oriented, Teachable, Handles Pressure, Giving Feedback, CPR & First Aid Certified, SwimLabs Level I Certified.
Job Type: Part-time
with Dartmouth College
Dartmouth College, a member of NCAA Division 1 and the Ivy League, seeks an Assistant Coach for Men’s and Women’s Swimming. This is a full-time position with benefits that reports to the Head Coach of Men’s and Women’s Swimming. The successful candidate will assist with all areas of the men’s and women’s swimming program including practice/meet planning and coaching, individual skill development and training, recruiting, and administrative tasks. Requirements: Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience; experience as a competitive swimmer and/or coach at the collegiate level preferred; excellent organization and communication skills, and the ability to recruit effectively within the Ivy League philosophy of no athletic scholarships and highly selective admissions standards.
with YMCA of the North Shore
The Sr. Aquatics Director is responsible for all aspects of the recreational and competitive aquatics experience. The role develops, implements, manages and evaluates all aquatics and competitive aquatics programs. Key to this role is recruiting, retaining and transitioning swimmers of all ages and abilities through the programs and achieving a successful conversion rate of swimmers to the competitive program. Through strong leadership, dynamic planning, high quality engagement, and direct service, the Sr. Aquatics Director manages an excellent staff team, provides guidance on the technical and physical skills of swimming, helps coordinate and participate in swim meets (both home and away), creates an environment of fun that develops relationships, achievement and belonging while fostering a lifelong love of swimming and the water.
Recruit, hire, train, develop and manage high quality staff for all components of the department. Ensure records of staff certifications are up-to-date and complete.
Create and lead a culture that provides an excellent participant experience by leading quality programs and services, including but not limited to, aquatics classes, competitive practices and workouts, aquatic open times, vacation programs, and special events. Lead site specific events and assist in association wide swim team social event planning, as necessary.
Develop and Lead structured swim team practices focusing on stroke technique, competition preparedness, relationship building and collaboration based on the YNS competitive swim schedule.
Implement association swim lesson curriculum providing progression to the aquatics program. Assist in creating thorough, age-appropriate swim team and masters swim workouts focusing on technique, endurance, stroke development, drills, etc.
Assist in coordinating and executing swim team competitions and meet registrations. Record times at swim meets.
Manage all reporting relative to programming, activities and pool operation management. Keep detailed and accurate records as needed including attendance, work-outs and swimmer progression, maintenance logs, etc. Manage and maintain all pool operation and programming equipment.
Maintain consistent, clear, effective and positive communication with youth and parents. Personally build relationships with YMCA members through daily interactions.
Foster and maintain positive relationships with schools, agencies and organizations to expand services, programs and the impact of the Y in the community. Be proactive and flexible in addressing community needs for aquatics programming.
Establish and innovate new programs and scheduling to increase and improve the quality of programming and quantity of registrants.
Ensure optimal program availability, safety and cleanliness by adhering to all safety guidelines for pool and aquatics operations according to local, state, YMCA and Risk Management guidelines and regulations. Provide support for and direct leadership of outdoor pools and guards as applicable.
Participate in the development of marketing efforts for aquatics programming.
Act as an engaged and participative member of the local Y and its operations. Attend, on an as needed basis, staff meetings, trainings and swim team events including meets, and social events. Participate in annual YMCA fundraising and site wide special events.
Remain up to date regarding YMCA and aquatics trends nationally as well as emerging YMCA trends within aquatic programming and advocate for the expansion of Y programs and services aligned with those trends.
All other duties as directed or required for the overall success of the organization.
Bachelor’s degree or commensurate work experience.
At least 21 years of age with 3-5 years experience as a competitive coach, preferably in a leadership capacity.
Current USA Swimming and or YMCA Swim coach credentials. Certified Pool Operator CPO, CPR, AED, Basic First Aid certification or ability to obtain within 3 months.
Must be able to demonstrate proficiency of swim skills in accordance with YMCA standards and have a strong foundation in stroke mechanics.
Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to relate to individuals and families from a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
Enthusiastic presence and ability to appropriately encourage and guide youth and adults to reach their goals.
Location: Gloucester, MA (considering local candidates only at this time)
The YMCA is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, protected genetic information, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, veteran’s status, or sexual orientation.
with SafeSplash Swim School Fremont
Are you in a high school, college or available in the evenings or weekends? We have the perfect opportunity for you to earn extra cash in your free time, we provide on job paid training!
We are looking for candidates who are self-motivated, passionate, love children and have a strong customer service experience.
SafeSplash Fremont is hiring part-time swim instructors for year-around indoor heated swimming pool.
* Open 6days a week Tuesday-Sunday
* Friendly environment
* Competitive Wages
* Flexible Hours
* On job paid training
* Prior swim instructor experience preferred
with Bolles School Sharks
We are in search of dynamic and enthusiastic individuals to come and be a part of the greatest swim camp in the world…….The Bolles 2018 Swim Camp.
Since the Bolles School Sharks inception over 40yrs ago in 1977 we have promoted excellence at all levels of swimming and are very proud of our athletes that have left a legacy of TRADITION IN EXCELLENCE.
The Bolles School Sharks have also made a significant impact on the national and international swimming scene. The Sharks had their first national finalist in 1980. Since that time the Bolles Sharks swimmers have captured 23 individual national championships and 16 relay championships as well as 34 team championships. Bolles Sharks swimmers have won at the World Championships, Asian games, Pam Am Games, Southeast Asian Games, World University Games, and the Olympic Games, as well as many other international meets. Over 100 members of the Bolles Sharks family have represented the United States and other countries in international competition traveling to Aruba, Australia, Brazil, Canada,China, Columbia, Croatia, Ecuador, East Germany, France, Guam, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Korea, Holland, Israel, Laos, Mexico, The Philippines, Peru, Qatar, Russia, Spain, Thailand and West Germany. The Bolles Sharks tradition in excellence serves as a foundation upon which to build for even greater success in the future. We look forward to seeing our swimmers continue their dominance at the local level and further their achievements at the regional, national and international levels.
Purpose: These positions are seasonal employees under the supervision of the Swim Camp Director. The main responsibility of these positions is to enthusiastically lead a group of campers in having an enjoyable, safe, and enriching swim camp experience. The Swim Camp Counselors will also have the opportunity to learn about coaching and swimming from the Bolles School Sharks swim team coaches.
- Take primary responsibility for the health, well-being and happiness of campers
- Assist our year-round coaches on the pool deck during each swim practice
- Each counselor will be responsible for daily rotation of office duties: to include the check in/out of campers and dorm supervision
- Recognize and respond appropriately to opportunities for group problem solving
- Provide opportunities for the group so that each individual experiences success while at camp
- Supervise, assist instructors and actively participate in all aspects of the campers’ day
- Observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques
- Meet/communicate regularly with Director regarding concerns, updates, challenges
- Provide parents appropriate feedback and information as needed for their campers to have a successful camp experience
- Maintain positive relationships with campers by showing sensitivity to campers’ emotional needs and problem solving any camper issues effectively
- Encourage respect for other campers’ personal property, school property, camp equipment and facilities
- Abide by all of The Bolles Swim camp policies and procedures as well as the standards set forth by the coaches’ safety training
- Set a good example for campers, including cleanliness, punctuality, respect, rules and demeanor
- Plan and participate in all camp activities with a positive attitude
- Execute all emergency procedures with safety of campers as the first concern
The Stingrays is conducting a search for a dynamic Assistant Coach. The RAYS is a multi-site team that operates out of pools in both Cobb and Cherokee County in Georgia. We currently have approximately 300+ swimmers ranging from age 5 to 18.
The Assistant Coach of the Stingrays demonstrates leadership and responsibility for the administration of aspects relating to the Cherokee location of the club. They will be involved in all aspects of the RAYS program, including (but not limited to) scheduling, training, performance, and safety.
1) Bachelor’s Degree is preferred (exercise science, education, or related field preferred).
2) Minimum of 3 years’ successful experience as an Age Group Coach with a USA Swimming team is preferred.
3) ASCA Level 3 or above preferred.
4) Excellent written and oral communication skills.
5) Positive and energetic presence with a passion for teaching technique.
6) Proficiency with Team Unify web services, meet entries, and communication.
7) Current CPR, First Aid, Coaches Safety, and Safe Sport certifications and membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
Preferred start date: May 1st, 2018 (the beginning of our long course season). The position will remain open until filled. Salary range $35,000-$40,000, commensurate with experience. With an excellent incentive and benefits package.
For more information about our team and programs, please visit our website at http://www.stingraysswimming.