Location: 1 Mangini Way, Burlingame, CA, USA
with Burlingame Aquatic Club
The Burlingame Aquatic Club (http://www.burlingameaquatics.com), located in Burlingame, is a non-profit, public benefit organization that provides high quality aquatic programs for people of all ages. We operate out of the Burlingame Aquatic Center on the campus of Burlingame HS, and we work in conjunction with the City of Burlingame and its Parks & Recreation Department.
Under the supervision of the Head Coach (HC), the Lead Age Group Coach (LAGC) is responsible for developing, organizing, and implementing a high quality training and education program to meet the needs of the assigned groups of the BAC Age Group Swim Team. Our goal is for our team to grow in quantity and quality as a competitive swim team within the Zone 1 North of Pacific Swimming and USA Swimming. The LAGC is the primary point of contact for the swimmers and parents in his/her assigned groups, and must ensure that a professional level program is offered at all times.
The LAGC will be the LEAD on:
- Maintaining a season plan for all group(s) coached. This includes when to alter practice schedule to optimize training, social events, incentive programs, etc.
- Communicating with all group(s) coached. This will include a weekly email as well as any additional support emails that must be addressed over the course of the week.
- Managing assigned pool space (lane set-up, covers). Please allow 15 minutes on the pool deck immediately before a scheduled practice and 15 minutes immediately following to assess your pool situation and to answer parent/swimmer questions.
- Educating swimmers and parents on team culture and competitive swimming etiquette.
- Maintaining good standing as a coach member of USA Swimming
The HC will require support from the LAGC on the following:
- Attend meets as assigned by HC
- Fundraising efforts. This could be organizing a fundraiser with a local restaurant, our annual Lap-A-Thon, Silent Auction, etc.
- Technique Clinics (once per trimester)
- Maintaining a proper work schedule under federal, state, and BAC employment guidelines
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned by the HC
The LAGC is responsible for:
- The contents of the BAC Employee Handbook
- Logging daily attendance for swim group(s)
- Ensuring the safety of swimmers (staying with swimmers if we are closing)
- Logging hours daily in ADP app
- Attend weekly staff meetings
Hours and Location:
Hours for this position include approximately 15 hours of practice time per week as agreed to with the Coach, all at the Burlingame Aquatic Center or satellite pool locations, plus additional time spent preparing the facility for practices, meeting with coworkers, and responding to member inquiries. Some administrative work must be done on site at the aquatic facility, in addition to staff meetings. Practice hours include early afternoon practice sessions as well as the possibility of evening practice sessions. A typical month will also include 1-2 weekend swim meets/competitions.
The LAGC must have a strong background in the sport of swimming (USA Swimming and/or collegiate swimming background preferred) and have the ability to effectively teach swimming to a wide range of athletes. He/she must be able to provide creative swim workouts that incorporate the technical needs of all swimmers, and also have a very positive on-deck demeanor. The LAGC must have professional communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with participants about any program changes or special events. The LAGC must be reliable, punctual, and approachable, and must be dedicated to sustaining a strong program that values all levels of swimmers. He/she must be able to cooperate with all BAC staff members in an effort to support the overall mission of the club.
The LAGC must hold a current nationally recognized Training Certification in CPR, First Aid, and Water Safety for Swim Coaches and is responsible for keeping those certifications current. American Red Cross Lifeguard certification is required within 3 months. Current coaching membership in USA Swimming is also required. BAC does reimburse for the cost of certification/membership upkeep.
Salary & Benefits:
This is a part-time, hourly, non-exempt and non-benefitted position. Pay is commensurate with experience.
Location: Reno, NV, USA
with Reno Aquatic Club
Reno Aquatic Club (RENO) located in beautiful Reno, Nevada (USA) is seeking a dynamic, motivated, and skilled Head Age Group Coach for its year-round competitive swim program. Reno Aquatic Club has an impressive 45-year history and has produced American Record Holders, National Champions, multiple Olympic Trials qualifiers, and countless Division I student-athletes. Currently the team has a lot of momentum and is looking for an energetic Head Age Group Coach to help establish RENO as the premier team on the west coast.
The position is tentatively set to begin between November – January of 2019/2020, potentially sooner for the right candidate.
RENO is a nonprofit 501c3 organization and is supported by a parent run volunteer board of directors and coaches.
The City of Reno is an up-and-coming city with amazing outdoor recreational activities. It’s located 45-minutes from Lake Tahoe, several hiking and biking trails are located conveniently in town, and there are 10+ world-class ski resorts within a 90-minute drive. Outside Magazine recently rated Reno as one of the best 12 places to live in the country. Reno’s economy is healthy and several big companies have relocated or opened offices in the area including Amazon, Apple, and Tesla.
The ideal candidate is someone with experience with high-level swimming (as a coach and/or swimmer), energetic, motivated, and has aspirations to be a premier swim coach.
- Successfully pass the USA Swimming and Reno Aquatic Club background checks
- Be compliant with all USA Swimming coach certification requirements
- Adhere to all SafeSport requirements
- Experience with high-level swimming either as a swimmer or coach
- Experience working with children and teenagers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to enthusiastically coach and give feedback to all athletes
- Ability to communicate effectively with swimmers, parents, and coaches
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of age group program, primarily swimmers 8th grade and younger
- Under direction of Head Coach, develop training plans and daily practices for age group program
- Provide effective instruction in technique and developing successful habits for athletic development
- Planning and coordinating recruitment for growth in the swim program
- Building positive relationships with swimmers, parents, staff, and the community
- Responding to inquiries for tryouts and conducting tryouts
- Attend swim meets and staff meetings as directed by Head Coach
- Complete assignments as directed by the Head Coach
The candidate must be available to work evenings, Saturday mornings, and swim meets on the weekend (roughly one a month). Actual off-deck work schedule and responsibilities to be determined through mutual agreement with the Head Coach. In total, the position will require roughly 20-30 hours a week (on and off deck).
The team will be offering competitive compensation based on experience and qualifications. The anticipated compensation range will be $22,000 to $30,000 depending upon the skill set and qualifications of the candidate. Please note: Nevada has NO state income tax. The final compensation, bonus incentives, and any other financial support are to be determined based on qualifications of the candidate.
Location: Conway, AR, USA
with Aquakids, Inc
Aquakids Swim Team in Conway, AR has an immediate opening for a Head Coach. We are seeking a passionate coach committed to motivating and developing athletes from novice to state and national levels. The team currently has around 75 registered swimmers ages 6-18. The team currently has swimmers qualified for Zones, Sectionals, NSCA Juniors and Junior Nationals.
1. 3+ years experience as a head coach or head age-group coach at a USA certified swim club.
2. Demonstrated history of successfully developing competitive, high-performance swimmers and successfully progressing them from an age group program to the national level.
3. Knowledgeable in and able to communicate current and proper stroke technique and development, dryland conditioning programs and taper strategies for all swimmers from age group through senior swimmers.
4. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
5. Able to motivate swimmers of all abilities to achieve their full potential.
6. Able to manage and mentor staff of assistant coaches, ensuring implementation of team philosophy and goals.
7. Ability to communicate with parents and board members.
8. ASCA Level 3 certification (or equivalent) required, Level 4 preferred.
9. Member in good standing with USA Swimming and current with all background checks and required certifications.
10. Familiarity with Team Unify, Hy-Tek, and other swimming social media and software programs.
11. Bachelor’s degree required.
12. Significant national club or collegiate swimming experience preferred.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF HEAD COACH INCLUDE:
1. Oversee and supervise the training program for all swim groups and clinics.
2. Coordinate the practice and swim meet schedule.
3. Effectively supervise, mentor and delegate responsibilities to the staff of assistant coaches.
4. Serve as the primary deck coach for the Senior level swimmers.
5. Identify and effectively correct technique deficiencies for swimmers in all groups.
6. Attend monthly board meetings, provide a monthly coach’s report, conduct staff meetings, and execute staff reviews and swimmer evaluations.
7. Set team meet schedules for the SCY and LCM seasons and assist in organizing the home meet.
8. Encourage a fun, interactive, yet highly competitive atmosphere that self-motivates swimmers to attain and surpass their personal goals and expectations. Lead by example.
9. Oversee meet information, results, publicity, travel, newsletter and website content.
10. Motivate swimmers and parents for full participation and enthusiasm.
11. Recruit, retain, and grow the team.
Salary & Benefits: Personal & Vacation benefits. Competitive salary ($38,000+ based on level/experience) and bonus incentives.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Location: 1111 West Washington Street, West Bend, WI 53095, USA
with Kettle Moraine YMCA
Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, the Aquatics Lead assists in supervising and managing the YMCA aquatic department and programs.
- Works with the Aquatics Director to ensure the pool and its programs are operating at optimal safety and quality.
- Performs at least 25-35 hours per week regular direct service: lifeguarding, swim instruction, safety class instruction, aquatic group fitness and deck supervision.
- Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations; maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
- Cooperates and assists other program directors in the administration of special events and activities; supports and volunteers to be a part of the Annual Scholarship Fundraising Campaign.
- Upholds YMCA policies for safety, supervision, mandated reporting and risk management.
- Addresses member concerns in a timely manner and passes along information and concerns to the Aquatics Director and/or appropriate program director.
- Maintains cleanliness in the aquatic facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid, Lifeguarding, LGI, YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor, WSI certifications are preferred; required within 30 days of hire.
- One to two years of related experience.
- Scheduled weeknight and weekend availability.
- Excellent administrative, organizational, customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to react to emergency situations by quick movements, strenuous activity, and on occasion assist or lift persons in distress of varying weights.
- Required to remain alert to dangerous situations while sitting, standing, or walking for various lengths of time.
Location: 1 College Circle, Geneseo, New York, USA
with SUNY Geneseo
This part-time, 10-month position will assist in the organization, implementation, and skill instruction of daily practice, and game-day preparation. Must demonstrate the ability to instruct the student/athletes (team) in all aspects of coaching in the absence of the head coach.
• Assist in the organization, implementation, and skill instruction of daily practice, and game-day preparation
• Instruct student-athletes and staff of applicable intercollegiate athletic rules, regulations, and University policies and ensure compliance of such regulations
• Teach and train student-athletes in skills and strategies specific to a particular sport
• Instruct the team in all aspects of coaching in the absence of the head coach
• Ensure appropriate safety measures are observed when conducting team activities. Train the student athlete on such safety measures
Develop and conduct pre-season, in-season and off-season training and conditioning programs for the team
• Be present for all scheduled practices and games
• Assist in the organization of team fundraising events
• Assess talent of prospective student-athletes by attending local high school /prep-school/junior/AAU games and/or tournaments.
• Make phone and written contact with prospects and coaches.
Location: 916 King Rd, Ashland, OH, USA
with Ashland University
|Ashland University is an NCAA Division II institution that competes in the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC), one of the most highly respected NCAA Division II conferences in the country. Ashland University offers a comprehensive 23-sport athletic program. The university is located off of Interstate 71 in Ashland, Ohio, midway between Cleveland and Columbus.Position Summary:
Ashland University is seeking applications for the position of Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach. The assistant swimming and diving coach is required to recruit off campus and be involved with on-campus visits. This position will assist the head coach in developing the overall recruiting plan. This position reports to the Head Swimming and Diving Coach and the Athletic Director and could include other duties including event management and representing the athletic department at various functions.
|Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.
Location: 2625 Patricia Drive, Santa Clara, CA, USA
with Santa Clara Swim Club
Full Time Assistant Swim Coach- Santa Clara, California
The Santa Clara Swim Club, located in the Silicon Valley, is seeking highly motivated, hard-working individuals for a full time coach position. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable about stroke mechanics and have good teaching and communication skills. This individual will also be enthusiastic, patient, and team-oriented.
The assistant coach duties will consist of leading or assisting two groups and administrative responsibilities based on the candidates strengths. The assistant coach will also have set office hours. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years competitive coaching experience and proven success coaching novice through championship level swimmers. The applicant must understand the importance of teamwork and will be committed to helping our program advance. Only candidates with a strong work ethic and passion for the sport should apply.
This is a salaried position with benefits. Preferred start date is August 19, 2019.
The Santa Clara Swim Club is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that has been developing champions since its founding by George Haines in 1951. His vision to develop world-class individuals through the sport of swimming remains the cornerstone of our program today.
- Successfully pass the USA Swimming and Santa Clara Swim Club background checks
- Be compliant with all USA Swimming coach certification requirements
- Experience working with children and teenagers.
- Background in competitive swimming.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to enthusiastically coach and give feedback to all athletes
- ASCA Level 3 preferred
Location: Portland, OR, USA
The ideal candidate understands athletes, studies trends, thrives on culture, and uses this insight to create and share messages or imagery that excites and engages our fans across social networks, email, print media, video channels, and beyond!
- Develop and own social media content strategy
- Produce and manage social media content posting and replying to comments
- Analyze and interpret social media performance data and provide content or channel recommendations, refine strategies for growth, and inform future activity
- Create and manage content for email marketing campaigns in collaboration with ecommerce team
- Assist in event marketing strategy, coordination, and production
- Align content calendar with key product launches and brand marketing initiatives
- Lead social influencer program, developing relationships with new and current contributors, and managing the process for product seeding
- Manage sponsored athlete product seeding process
- Write long-format content pieces for press releases, blog posts, or sponsored content
- Proofread and edit all marketing content for grammar, punctuation, style, clarity and spelling
- Contribute to general marketing projects as needed
- Encompass a team-player mindset to take on other projects or tasks to support the company
- At least 1 – 3 years of relevant work experience
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, or other relevant field
- Exceptional written communications skills, including copywriting and editing
- Fluency in social media applications, analytics, and tools
- Strong attention to detail, quality, organization, and time management skills
- Organized, good at taking initiative, and comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Digital design, photo editing, and video production skills
- Some travel required
Location: Alexandria, Richmond Highway, Alexandria, VA 22306, USA
with The Fort Belvoir Swim Team, Inc.
Work closely with Associate Head Coach and Head Coach on entire team’s planning
Assist in the direction of season planning
Mainly coach age group swimmers
Must have the ability to coach mini-swimmers as well as senior level athletes
Must have thorough knowledge of Team and Meet Manager and have the aptitude to be a Meet Director
Must have the ability to operate a website and bulk mail server
Must be detail oriented and be able to follow instructions well
Must have abilities to understand water chemistry and provide oversight to staff members
Must have thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Must have the ability to be timely with work assignments
This candidate must be able to provide references that can attest to the above knowledge, skills and abilities.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Health Benefits are an option
This position will expose you to all aspects of a USA Swimming Team and is an excellent opportunity to grow and learn in an environment that offers autonomy and career building
The team is located mainly in Alexandria, VA. It is a vibrant living area that offers many attractions, parks, water ways and peaceful living for a Metropolitan Area.
Location: 404 Danbury Road, Wilton, CT, USA
with Riverbrook Regional YMCA -Wilton Family YMCA branch
Assistant Swim Coach
Wilton Family YMCA- Wilton, CT
The Wilton Wahoos swim team (www.wywahoos.org), is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic part time Assistant Swim Coach(s) to join its staff and work with our Age Group program. The Wilton Wahoos swim team was recently named a Silver-medal club in the USA Swimming Club Excellence program and a Level 4 club in the USA Swimming Development program. We currently have approximately 300 swimmers in eight training groups ranging in age from 5-18 and abilities from beginners to Olympic Trials qualifiers.
- Current USA Swimming and YMCA coach credentials or the ability to become certified within six weeks of hire.
- Competitive swimming experience at high school or college level.
- Previous coaching or teaching experience is preferred.
- Ability to travel to away meets around the State of Connecticut.
The position offers approximately 8-20 hours as scheduled per week on weekday evenings and Saturday mornings. Responsibilities include:
- Working on deck and in the water with the Wahoo Age Group program under direction of Head Age Group Coach.
- Weekend swim meets approximately once every 1-2 months. (These hours could be in addition to the 12-18 hours per week.)
- The right candidate will also have the opportunity to lead one of more novice training groups.
The position may become full time for the right candidate.
The Assistant Swim Coach position is an hourly position.
- Riverbrook Regional YMCA adult membership
- Paid meet travel expenses
- Paid continuing coach education
- YMCA and Wahoo program discounts for family members.
Location: 895 Miamisburg Centerville Rd, Washington Township, OH, USA
with WTRC Sharks
The WTRC Sharks Swim Team, based in Centerville, OH, is looking for a positive, energetic, flexible, passionate, team-oriented and self-motivated coach to lead our Tiger (11-13 yr olds), Hammerhead (6-8 yr olds) and Lemon Shark (6 and Under) groups. The WTRC Sharks are a Volunteer Parent Board run 501-3(c) non-profit organization. We train at the Washington Township Rec Center (25 yard, 8 lanes) throughout the year, as well as, outdoor training at local pools (25 meter and 50 meter, 6-8 lanes) during the summer.
The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of stroke mechanics and training techniques. This candidate will also be able to communicate effectively and timely with the coaching staff, swimmers and parents as needed.
This is a full-time position with some stipends available. The Sharks cover/reimburse approved meet travel expenses, certifications and continuing education. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Duties for the coach include, but are not limited to:
*Motivating swimmers of all ages to be great in a positive way
*Planning and implementing a seasonal plan for the Tiger (including dryland),
Hammer and Lemon Shark groups
*Assisting with any other groups as needed
*Administrative duties, such as, meet entry, social media postings and email
*Monthly Safe Sport group Meetings
*Attending staff meetings as scheduled
*Attending swim meets locally and out of state (Indiana and Kentucky mostly). 2-3 per
*Attending Sharks’ team functions (Banquet, JO Party, etc.)
*Attending swim clinics at local summer league pools in the area. (June-July only)
*Must have, or obtain prior to start date, all relevant USA Swimming coach certifications
(Adult & Pediatric/Child CPR and AED, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, USA
Swimming Background Check, Athlete Protection Training)
*Must pass Washington Township Background Check
*Preferred, 2 years USA/YMCA coaching experience with 12 and Under
*Must have/demonstrate professionalism, decision making skills, a willingness to follow
directives from Head Coach, Asst. Head Coach and/or Board.
*Must have basic working knowledge of Team Unify and Social Media platforms or be
willing to learn
*Must have a desire to learn and continue coaching education
Location: Westfield, NJ, USA
with Devil Fish
Assistant Swim Coach
The Westfield Area YMCA is looking for individuals who are motivated, responsible, and are looking to coach competitive swimming. Equal Employment Opportunity.
Must be a minimum of 18 years old
Possess the capabilities and maturity to handle the responsibilities involved in maintaining a safe pool
Deliver quality lesson plans at practice
Know, understand, and consistently apply safety rules, policies, and guidelines for all competitive swim related programs and environments
Must have at least three years of coaching experience or Senior/Collegiate level swimming
Must have Red Cross Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR, and Safety Training for Coaches certifications or be willing to obtain prior to employment
Monday-Friday 4:00-8:00 PM plus weekends
Location: 1700 Louisville Road, Alcoa, TN, USA
with Prime Aquatics
Prime Aquatics, based in Alcoa TN, located in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains is accepting applications for a part-time assistant coach for the upcoming short course season. Prime Aquatics is a USA Swimming year round swim program serving swimmers of all levels by offering programs in competitive swimming and lesson programs.
Prime Aquatics has developed a culture of high quality coaching and is dedicated to focusing on continued development of all swimmers. The successful candidate must be energetic, knowledgeable, ethical, and able to communicate with parents, fellow coaches and swimmers of all ages. Candidates should be organized, professional and assist in developing swimming and life skills for swimmers of all ability levels. The assistant coach must be certified through USA Swimming (First Aid, CPR, APT, and Safety Training for Swim Coaches) prior to beginning this position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to meet entries, attendance at meets (1 to 2 per month), roster management, coaches meetings, writing/coaching practices, administrative duties, tracking performance, and communicating with parents.
Coach Membership Requirements: www.usaswimming.org/coach member
Sterling Level 2 Criminal Background Check
Athlete Protection Training (APT) Course
First Aid, CPR, Safety Training for Swim Coaches
TN State Concussion Waiver (http://health.state.tn.us/tbi/concussion.htm)
Check out our website at primeaq.com
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Location: 201 South Main Street, Hightstown, NJ, USA
with Peddie Aquatic Association
Peddie Aquatic Association (PAA) is seeking qualified applicants for the position Junior Program Director. PAA is a USA Swimming program owned and operated by the Peddie School, a private boarding high school located in central New Jersey. Peddie Aquatics has been named a Silver Medal Club in USA Swimming’s Club Excellence program. PAA is committed to building for long term success and is looking for the right coach to join the staff and serve as a foundation for the team’s bright future. Peddie has placed an athlete on the USA National Youth Team in 2009, 2010, 2013 and 2014. The Peddie School team has sent multiple swimmers on to the World Championships, Pan American Games, Pan Pacific Championships and has had at least one swimmer in 6 consecutive Olympic Games since 1992. PAA is a 200+ member club team with multiple Speedo Championship Series team titles and is looking to take this winning to the national level. PAA practices out of the Peddie School Aquatics Center, a 15 lane 25 yard x 35 meter facility. Qualifications: 3-5 years experience coaching age group swimmers with a primary focus on 12 and under athletes. Knowledge of USA Swimming and progressions for athletes developing into regional and national level senior swimmers. Strong organizational skills with current certifications in USA Swimming, CPR, First Aid, and an up to date background check with USA Swimming. Strong communication skills and teaching skills are a must. Knowledge of Team Unify and Hy-Tek as well as ASCA certification strongly preferred. Responsibilities: 1. Prepare and execute team workouts as well as coordinate meet entries with Director of Competitive Swimming. 2. Assist Director of Competitive Swimming with continual evolution of the program structure and attend staff meetings. 3. Maintain effective communication with parents and swimmers. 4. Uphold educational mission of the Peddie School and support the philosophy of the Peddie swim program. Compensation and Benefits: 1. Salary and benefits are provided by the Peddie School and are commensurate with experience.
Location: Ellensburg, WA, USA
with Ellensburg Area Swim Team
The ideal individual selected for this full-time position needs to be experienced in the day to day operation of a larger swim club, be self-motivated, organized, and an excellent motivator/communicator. The head coach of EAST will possess the ability to connect and maintain positive working relationships with swimmers, parents, and coaching staff alike.
- Day-to-day direction, hands-on guidance, and involvement in all aspects of the swim program, including, but not limited to, exceptional communication skills with parents, swimmers, board members, and coaching staff.
- Be a member in good standing in USA swimming and support the ongoing implementation of USA swimming rules, regulations, and safe sport policies.
- Be involved in implementing club policy with an overall vision and progression toward growth and improvement of the Club.
- Work with the executive board in maintaining and developing new club policies to benefit the overall welfare and development of the Club.
- Must execute EAST club policy as it pertains to the events, administrative functions assigned, or structural make-up of the Club.
- Manage the coaching staff and ensuring that motivation and technical feedback is presented equally to all swimmers and coaches regardless of skill level.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Board.
- Passion for the sport of swimming.
- Someone that has big dreams and aspirations as a USA Swimming Coach.
- 4 Years of experience coaching competitive swimming
- Passion for developing a highly competitive and sought-after program that is a leader in the sport of swimming.
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills.
- Experience in developing swimmers from entry level age group swimmers to National Qualifiers.
- Ability to positively communicate critiques of swim technique and provide motivational goal setting.
- ASCA Level 3 Certification or equivalent skills.
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written).
- Bachelor’s degree desired.
- Member in good standing with USA Swimming including being current on all background checks, certifications, and athlete protection training.
- Proficient computer skills (Team Unify, Team Manager, Meet Manager, Office, Google calendar and docs).
- Basic financial skill set.
- Experience in mentoring/developing subordinate coaches.
- Competitive swimming experience; preferred experience and the national or international level.
- Active involvement in the recruitment, development, and progression of swimmers at all levels of our program.
- Determine the assignment of swimmers to training groups, to include assessments and approval of swimmer advancements.
- Design and oversee the implementation of the seasonal training plans for all groups.
- Develop and/or ensure workouts are appropriate for the age group, including dryland training and regular stroke/technique clinics.
- Develop long-term team/group goals and swim programs to meet these goals including seasonal and weekly training programs.
- Work with swimmers to determine appropriate individual goals and develop tailored training to meet these goals.
- Foster team spirit by exhibiting and maintaining a positive attitude and team building.
- Endorse EAST’s focus on helping kids learn life skills such as discipline, goal setting, time management and healthy habits that will benefit them throughout life through the sport of swimming.
- Develop season meet schedule (SCY and LCM).
- Ensure all swim meets have adequate coaching coverage for all swimmers participating.
- Prepare meet entries in accordance with meet calendar and entry procedure for each meet.
- Communicate with parents regarding swimmer meet entries.
- In the event of a travel meet, head coach will work with the assigned group coach to create the itinerary and select transportation and lodging within the Board established budget/policy guidelines.
- Assist in planning the team travel budget, as needed.
- Serve as the meet director for our home meets, including overseeing/supporting the volunteer coordinator’s efforts to ensure parent volunteer hours are met
- Attend all Board of Director Meetings.
- Lead monthly meetings with coaches to ensure they are meeting coaching goals and standards established by the head coach.
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely manner, including but not limited to job reviews, pool contracts, and monthly coach’s report to the Board.
- Manage and submit team entries for all meets.
- Maintain current coach’s credentials as required by USA Swimming.
- Along with the Board of Directors, work with local city and business entities to ensure consistent swim schedule and pool/facility availability.
- Communicate to the Board of Directors any issues concerning schedules, facilities or contracts.
- Actively support team fundraising activities.
- Assist the Board of Directors with the development and implementation of the annual budget. Propose annual items to be considered for the budget and conduct Club activities in accordance with the parameters of the budget.
- Represent EAST through active involvement in the Inland Empire LSC.
- Responsible for coordinating and scheduling the continuing education for the Head and Assistant Coaches.
- Will conduct him/herself in a professional manner always and in accordance with team and USA Swimming Code of Conduct.
- Recruit and retain coaching staff within budget determined by the Board; termination requiring Board review.
- Develop training plan for all coaches, including the development of goals, evaluations, and monthly staff meetings.
- Ensure assistant coaches are fulfilling their responsibilities as assigned.
- Communicate effectively to team members with weekly emails, monthly newsletter, and website/social media
- Maintain weekly working hours off the deck/outside of the pool
- Be exceptional in the application of positive, consistent, and effective motivation strategies when working with swimmers, parents, and coaching staff in relation to all aspects of the program.
The team will be offering a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications. The anticipated salary range for the head coach will be starting at $30,000 to $40,000 depending upon the skill set and qualifications of the candidate. Meet travel per-diem, cell phone allowance, and certification upkeep are paid by the team. Additionally, the Board will develop a performance based incentive contract with the selected candidate.