Location: Annapolis, MD, USA
with Annapolis Swim Club
Annapolis Swim Club is looking for a salaried, full time head coach to lead the club to the next level.
Annapolis Swim Club (ASC) is a Board of Directors governed, year round swim club based in Annapolis MD. Annapolis Swim Club has 170+ swimmers divided into 10 practice groups across 2 pools operated by Anne Arundel County Recreation and Parks. ASC is a USA Swimming Club Level 3 Recognition organization with Safe Sport recognition. ASC is looking for a coach with a willingness to help swimmer be the best they can be in and out of the pool while fostering a love for the sport of swimming.
- Oversee the ASC competitive swim program- which includes but is not limited to planning of yearly, seasonal, and daily training goals for swimmers and the club.
- Build teamwork, ideals and swimmer experiences needed to create healthy club enthusiasm and a competitive spirit with other clubs in the region.
- Manage a safe environment for swimmers and families of all ages and abilities.
- Set team meet schedules for the SCY and LCM seasons and assist in organizing home meets including what swimmers and coaches should attend which meets.
- Communication with swimmers, families, assistant coaches and board members in person and through Team Unify.
- Attend all local and travel meets as needed and schedule sufficient coaching resources for meet coverage and practice coverage.
- Attend monthly board meetings, provide a monthly coach’s report, conduct staff meetings, and execute staff reviews and swimmer evaluations.
- Effectively supervise, mentor and delegate responsibilities to the staff of assistant coaches which will include oversight, hiring, discipline, termination and training of coaches.
- Compensation of coaching staff within budgetary guidelines
- Responsible for maintaining all coaching certifications
- LSC Representative
- Adhere to all USA Swimming policies, rules and regulations.
- Recruit, retain, and grow the team.
- Experience as a head coach or head age-group coach at a USA Swimming certified swim club
- Demonstrated history of successfully developing competitive, high-performance swimmers and successfully progressing them from an age group program to the national level
- Knowledgeable in and able to communicate current and proper stroke technique and development, dryland conditioning programs and taper strategies for all swimmers from age group through senior swimmers
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Able to motivate swimmers of all abilities to achieve their full potential
- Able to manage and mentor staff of assistant coaches, ensuring implementation of team philosophy and goals
- Ability to communicate with parents and board members, and create and follow a sustainable budget
- ASCA Level 4 preferred
- Member in good standing with USA Swimming and current with all background checks and required certifications
- Familiarity with Team Unify, Hy-Tek, and other swimming social media and software programs.
Salary & Benefits: Personal & Vacation benefits. Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
Application Deadline: Open until filled. Priority deadline May 1. Start date open – no later than August 2020.
Location: 2450 Ocean Blvd, Rye, NH 03870, USA
with Beach Club Inc.
Part-time Seasonal Swim Coach – Summer League
Assist with writing and implementing practices from beginners to advanced club swimmers
Assist with running home meets and coaching at away meets
Willingness to run daily practice and supervise junior coaches
Good parent communication skills – written and verbal
Supervise Junior Team
Teach swim lessons
Club swimming background as a swimmer and/or coach
CPR/First Aid Certified
American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor a plus
Location: 3200 College Dr, Emmetsburg, IA 50536, USA
with Iowa Lakes Community College
This part time position will assist the Head Swimming Coach and Housing Department with day to day operations working 27.5 hours a week. Position located on the Emmetsburg Campus. Applicant must be expected to enroll in a Master’s Degree Program at their own expense.
- Assist the head swimming coach in the day to day operations of the swimming program.
- Assist in the recruitment of student athletes.
- Assist in the academic monitoring and success of student athletes.
- Housing Assistant – Live on campus.
- Responsible for dorm supervision and housing office hours.
- Assist with intramural program.
- Assist with student activities.
- Assist with swim program’s social media.
- Other duties as assigned.
Will require flexible hours including weekends and evenings. The additional physical demands normally expected of a coach are required. Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and provide proof of insurance. Required to travel utilizing personal vehicle.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check.
Location: 639 38th St, Rock Island, IL 61201, USA
with Augustana College
Reports To: Athletic Director
Is responsible for the overall management of the College’s men’s and women’s water polo programs including coaching, recruitment and retention of student-athletes, scheduling and budget management, equipment ordering, viable fundraising, public relations and other duties as assigned.
Status: Full-time position. Works on an academic year schedule.
Supervises: Part-time coaching assistant(s) and student workers
- Responsible for creating an overall positive and successful environment for the student-athletes of the men’s and women’s water polo teams. Provide oversight and evaluation of the daily progress of the team including strength training, conditioning, and student-athlete academic, personal and athletic development.
- Plan, conduct and evaluate practice activities for men’s and women’s water polo team members. Provide group and individual assistance in a manner that engages the athletes and builds commitment to the program.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Augustana staff to integrate efforts and create program success. Assist other staff members with activities as needed to reach the overall goals of the Augustana athletic department.
- Meet with prospective students and their family members both on campus and at remote locations as possible. Provide advice and counsel on the admissions process, the Augustana experience and the integral role of the student-athlete in overall campus life.
- Hire and oversee part-time coaching assistants and student workers as needed to assist with the program and competition-related activities. Provide feedback?both positive and negative?on work products and outcomes.
- Order equipment and supplies and manage operating budget for the program.
- Complete auxiliary assignments including teaching physical education activity classes during the academic year.
- Actively participate in department and college-wide meetings and events, and adapt work as required to meet overall campus goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Three or more years of previous coaching experience, preferably at the collegiate level.
- A demonstrated understanding of the NCAA Division III environment, requirements, and accountability, with previous coaching or playing experience in a similar setting highly preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to relate to a diverse group of students, athletes, coaches and campus community members.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills.
- Must have a thorough understanding of and accountability to NCAA and CCIW rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated strong commitment to the academic and athletic success of the student-athlete.
Location: Charleston, IL 61920, USA
with Eastern Illinois University
The Department of Athletics at Eastern Illinois University (NCAA Division 1) is now accepting applications for the Graduate Assistant Swimming Coach position beginning this upcoming 2020-2021 school year.
This position provides a full-time graduate tuition waiver (fall and spring) as well as a monthly living stipend. Applicants must be accepted into Eastern Illinois’s graduate school and meet minimum requirements required for graduate assistantship.
The successful candidate will assist in conducting the men’s & women’s swimming program within the philosophy and guidelines set forth by Eastern Illinois University, the NCAA, and the Summit League Conference. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: coaching, recruiting, scheduling, budget management, academic monitoring, and other duties as assigned by the Head Swimming Coach. Bachelor’s Degree and valid driver’s license required.
Strong organizational and communication skills are expected. Experience with intercollegiate swimming and diving program is desired. The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with high ethical standards and exhibit a strict adherence to NCAA, Summit, University and departmental rules and regulations.
- Assist with the development of practice materials and help lead practice accordingly under the direction of the head coach.
- Assist with travel plans, planning and coordinating program events.
- Provide leadership to facilitate academic and personal success for the team’s student-athletes.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the head coach.
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Must be accepted into Graduate School at Eastern Illinois University.
- Excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills required.
- Computer literacy with an emphasis on spreadsheets preferred.
- Experience using Colorado Timing Systems, Hy-Tek software, and Meet Manager
- Ability to obtain CPR and First Aid certification.
- Required to work early mornings and weekends.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until a successful candidate is chosen.
Location: 2180 Milvia St, Berkeley, CA 94704, USA
with City of Berkeley
|SALARY:||$35.21 – $40.87 Hourly
$6,102.46 – $7,084.43 Monthly
$73,229.52 – $85,013.14 Annually
|CLOSING DATE:||04/20/20 05:00 PM|
|Amended and re-issued to expand applicant pool. Final filing date is April 20, 2020. Applicants who have already submitted an application, do not need to re-apply.
The City of Berkeley is excited to share the recruitment for Aquatics Coordinator. This classification is responsible for the coordination and management of City Aquatics facilities and programs. We are seeking applications from highly skilled individuals with recreation program planning and coordination experience with an emphasis on aquatics facility management. The incumbent plans, organizes and implements multi-faceted City-wide recreation and aquatics programs and activities; identifies community swim program needs and recommends alternatives or enhanced programs; inspects pools and facilities and performs routine pool maintenance; provides staff training and professional development.
Successful applicants will have the ability to:
Equivalent to graduation from high school.
Location: 601 Milligan St, Crawfordsville, IN 47933, USA
with Wabash College
Date Posted: 03/24/20
Wabash College invites applications for the position of Diving Coach. Reporting to the head swimming and diving coach, the diving coach coordinates the diving program for a competitive NCAA Division III program that practices and competes in one of the finest swimming and diving facilities in the country. The position is a part-time stipend position and not eligible for benefits.
Preferred qualifications include prior experience in coaching competitive diving and familiarity with athletic recruiting software. Required qualifications include a bachelor’s degree; availability to attend all practices and meets; valid driver’s license; and adherence to institutional, conference, and NCAA Division III policies and procedures.
Duties include, but are not limited to successful recruitment of academically and athletically prepared diving student-athletes; the highest commitment to student-athlete health and well-being; directing student-athlete skill instruction and development; and assistance in implementing sport-specific strength and conditioning activities. Other duties as assigned by head coach.
The successful candidate will have ability to set up and run club diving team, lessons, and summer camp.
Program goals include: high academic success, strong team culture, producing the top performing diving squad in the NCAC Conference, representation at the NCAA Diving Regional, and NCAA Championship.
Wabash College, a liberal arts college for men, seeks faculty and staff committed to providing quality engagement with students, high levels of academic challenge and support, and meaningful diversity experiences that prepare students for life and leadership in a multicultural global world. We welcome applications from persons of all backgrounds. EOE.
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA
with Aquatic Team of Mecklenburg (ATOM)
Aquatic Team of Mecklenburg (ATOM) is a growing Silver Medal Club located in Charlotte, NC with athletes ranging from National qualifiers, Sectional and State Champions to developmental swimmers. ATOM has a rich history of producing athletes who have competed on the collegiate, national and international level. The team currently has just over 150 swimmers, and is focused on creating an environment where champions are inevitable. ATOM is a coach owned club and swims out of three sites – Mecklenburg County Aquatic Center, Queens University, and Fairmeadows Swim Club.
ATOM is currently seeking an energetic, driven, knowledgeable, and passionate swim coach in Charlotte, NC. Salary based on experience. Applicants should meet the criteria listed below.
COACHING RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Use ATOM’s core values of Family, Intensity, Respect and Empathy to guide their coaching practices
- Develop seasonal plans for swimming and dryland
- Meet with individual athletes and the group as a whole to develop individual and group wide goals
- Assist swimmers and their parents with the college recruiting process
- Assist Head Coach in developing a meet schedule
- Communicate with parents in a professional and timely manner
- Communicate with athletes in a professional manner and in line with MAAP guidelines
- Attend all meets and team functions
ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Always maintain a professional standard of safety and comply with ATOM and USA Swimming policies and guidelines
- Involved in professional development and communicate new and best practices to coaching staff
- Communicate and collaborate with all staff in order to help maintain a clear progression within the team’s structure
- Represent ATOM in a responsible and professional manner at all swim meets, team functions, and meetings
- Attend LSC meetings including (but not limited to) House of Delegates and Technical Planning
- Complete meet entries and update team records
- Assist Head Coach, as needed, with ATOM hosted swim meets
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of coaching experience
- Current USA Swimming member in good standing
- Experience with Team Unify. Hy-Tek experience preferred, but not required
Location: 5403 Silica Dr, Sylvania, OH 43560, USA
with Sylvania Tsunami Swim Club
Full Time Head Coach Position in Sylvania, Ohio for a USA swim club. Sylvania Tsunami has on average about 100 swimmers ranging from ages 4-18 years old and practices are held at Sylvania Northview High School. We are a USA Swimming Certified swim club and are a Non-Profit ran club with a parent board of directors.
3+ years with USA swimming as a head coach and 5+ years coaching experience overall. Knowledgeable in and able to communicate current and proper stroke technique and development of dryland conditioning programs and taper strategies for all swimmers from age group through senior swimmers. The ability to manage and mentor staff of assistant coaches, ensuring implementation of team philosophy and goals. Ability to communicate with parents and board members along with good interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills
Member in good standing with USA Swimming and current with all background checks and required certifications.
Familiarity with Team Unify, Hy-Tek and other swimming social media and software Programs.
Set program and training schedules for all ages and foster a positive team environment. Must be flexible to work with pool time availability.
Salary determined by experience
Location: 922 E Emma Ave, Springdale, AR 72764, USA
with Razorback Aquatic Club AquaHawgs
RAZORBACK AQUATIC CLUB AQUAHAWGS
Head Senior Coach
Razorback Aquatic Club AquaHawgs has been a USA Swimming Silver Medal Club located in Northwest Arkansas. The AquaHawgs are consistently one of the top teams in the state. Northwest Arkansas is also home to the University of Arkansas, Tyson Foods, Walmart, and JB Hunt as well as one of the fastest growing populations in the United States.
- Establish an environment that encouragesself-discipline, sportsmanship, responsibility and constructive feedback.
- Develop and implement team and individual goals with the swimmers and monitor the progression of the athletes and team in reaching these goals.
- Connecting our senior swimmers with colleges and universities and assisting families in making their child’s goal of swimming at the post-secondary level a reality.
- Timely & professional communication with parents and swimmers.
- Develop and maintain seasonal plans for the progression of our senior program.
- Design swimming and dryland curricula for the Senior Hawgs
- Assist in selecting the appropriate schedule of seasonal competitions
- Demonstrate willingness to communicate with parents to help swimmers achieve their goals
- Passionate about swimming and working with athletes
- Demonstrate a cooperative, responsive and respectful communication style with swimmers, parents, community members, staff, and Board.
- Maintain professional standard of safety, appearance and readiness.
- Practice continuous improvement and professional development for self and assistant coaches; work to achieve next level of certification.
- Act as a team representative while attending LSC meetings.
- Maintain accurate records of individuals and relay performances, meet participation, practice attendance and more.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of coaching experience
- USA Swimming Member in good standing
- CPR/AED Certified
- Experienced with Team Unify and HY-TEK as well as Word and Excel.
- Advanced experience coaching various ages and skill levels in a competitive environment
- High-level swimming experience at the club and or collegiate level.
Location: 677 W Whitehall Rd, State College, PA 16801, USA
with YMCA of Centre County - SCAY Aqualions
The State College Branch of the YMCA of Centre County is seeking an experienced Head Swim Team Coach for their team of 150+ swimmers!
This is a full-time position with a comprehensive benefits package. Successful applicants will have at least 5 years of coaching experience that demonstrates successful program development and management, character-driven leadership, excellent communication skills, and a personal commitment to the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. The Head Coach will be responsible for developing and supervising practices for all levels of swimmers; hiring, training, scheduling, and mentoring assistant coaches; and working closely with the parent committee on tasks such as recruiting and managing meet volunteers. Previous experience with Meet Manager and Team Unify software preferred as is a current lifeguard certification; familiarity with the Y-USA swim lesson curriculum; and USA Swimming and YMCA Swim Coach certifications. Expected start date is Spring 2020.
- Minimum of 3 years of aquatic experience as a competitive swimmer or aquatic instructor
- 2 years of competitive coaching
- Working knowledge of competitive aquatics in YMCA, USA Swimming
- Ability to positively lead, communicate, instruct, inspire and motivate swimmers of all ages
- Current valid driver’s license and access to personal vehicle
- Plan, organize, and develop the swim team program. Plan, attend, and direct team practices as scheduled. Schedule practice times within the guidelines set by the Aquatics Director.
- Ensure the safety of participants at all times.
- Recruit, hire, develop, and train a group of 6 to 8 assistant coaches.
- Manage and supervise assistant coaches to meet program and safety objectives, and to build a positive team culture that promotes individual growth and team building.
- Maintain proper team records and file reports as needed.
- Attend all YMCA league meetings and team meets. Coordinate entry information to meet all deadlines. Attend/organize USA Swimming meet participation as needed.
- Relate to the individual swimmers on a personal basis at practice, at meets, and through goal setting, instruction and positive encouragement.
- Relate to parents’ concerns through individual contact by appointment, phone calls, or emails. Utilize parent board for support and advisory functions. Attend and actively participate in all parent board meetings.
- Initiate and maintain active communication concerning all aspects of the program with assistant coaches, swimmers, parents and necessary Y staff.
- Other duties as assigned by the Aquatics Director.
- *YMCA of USA Principles of Competitive Swimming & Diving
- *Current American Red Cross or YMCA of the USA Lifeguard Certification
- *CPR for the Professional Rescuer for Lifeguards
- *Administering Emergency Oxygen
- *First Aid
- Child Sexual Abuse Prevention training
- Mandated Reporter training
*Required for coaching deck pass for district and national swim meets
Location: 130 Auto Dr, Prince Frederick, MD 20678, USA
with Calvert Aquatics Club
Calvert Aquatics Club is seeking applicants for assistant coaches. There is one full time position available and multiple part time positions available.
This position is expected to start April 13th, or until we can find the right candidate.
Chosen candidate(s) will initially coach two groups: 11-12, and a development group with ages from 7 to 11 years of age.
Working hours on pool deck will be Monday thru Friday, from 4:15 to 8:00pm, and Saturday from 8 to 11am, plus weekends with swim meets (usually once per month).
• Help the Head Coach with the team’s planning including swim meet selection.
• Help plan hosted meets with swim meet committee
• Provide for appropriate placement, mentoring, development, and feedback of athletes
• Help and follow Head Coach’s training schedules, group placement and advancement guidelines
• Communicate with team members and families via group meetings, newsletters, email, website and individual meetings
• Work with the local high school coaches and summer league coaches to recruit new athletes
• Participate in the local swim committees (LSC) of USA Swimming
• Assist with additional practices, fundraisers, team social events
• Assist with marketing
• Enforce rules and regulations of the team, MD LSC, and USA Swimming.
• 3+ years of experience as a Coach of a USA Swimming affiliated club or college team
• USA member Swim Coach in Good Standing
• All appropriate & valid licenses/Certifications/Registrations for USA Swimming, ASCA
• ASCA Level 1 or higher preferably
• Experience with Team Unify software can be helpful
• Experience with Dryland will be considered.
Location: 1 N Grand Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63108, USA
with Saint Louis University
The Department of Athletics at Saint Louis University (NCAA Division 1) is now accepting applications for the Graduate Assistant Swimming Coach position beginning the 2020-2021 school year. The Graduate Assistant will assist in all aspects of the program, from coaching student-athletes, season planning, team travel, recruiting, and other duties as assigned, all the while functioning in compliance with NCAA, Atlantic 10, and Saint Louis University rules and policies. They must represent themselves and Saint Louis University with integrity while demonstrating a commitment to the university and athletic department’s vision and values. Candidates must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
This position provides 9 credits per semester (fall and winter) of tuition toward a graduate degree as well as a monthly living stipend. Applicants must be accepted into Saint Louis University’s graduate school and meet minimum requirements required for graduate assistantship. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to Saint Louis University Head Swimming and Diving Coach Jim Halliburton
Location: Alfred, NY, USA
with Alfred University
Alfred University seeks applicants for a graduate assistant for Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving. The Graduate Assistant will assist the head coach while working towards a master’s degree. Candidates must be accepted into a graduate program at Alfred University (https://www.alfred.edu/admissions/graduate/index.cfm). This position covers the length of their graduate school commitment. The University provides free tuition and a stipend.
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA
with RITTER Sports Performance
Do you value both the “art” and “science” of coaching when it comes to strength & conditioning?
Do you value the assessment, programming and evaluation process for athletic performance?
Do you want to coach and impact people beyond traditional strength coach or personal trainer barriers of your physical location?
Do you have a passion for the sport of swimming and working with swimmers and coaches?
If you answered “YES” to all of these questions you may be a great candidate to become a Performance Coach with the RITTER Sports Performance Team.
Learn more and apply for this online and part-time position with RITTER.
- Coach assigned individual and team customers through our online training applications to become empowered while pursuing and exceeding their goals
- Create specific strength training and dryland programs tailored to each customers’ goals, history, and current situation
- Host initial phone consultations with assigned customers to cover their assessment results as well as preview their training program
- Respond in a timely manner to all customer communication
- Update training programs as needed (weekly/monthly/quarterly) following RITTER Training Principles
- Commitment to fully engage and coach customers as assigned
- Effectively communicate, train and assess customers in an online training situation
- Desire to learn and grow in both the science and the art of coaching
- Specific experience with the sport of swimming, including creating strength programs and effectively communicating with coaches and swimmers
- Ability to commit at least 20-hours a MONTH to this position
- Personal Training or Performance Coach certification along with professional liability insurance
- Customer’s expressed satisfaction with program/coaching
- Customer refers others to RITTER Programs
- Customer’s progress/achievement of stated goals and length of training tenure
- Competitive hourly rate based on experience
*This is a remote, part-time position and does not require relocation.