Assistant Coach, Swimming
Date posted: March 30, 2023
Location: 3601 Pacific Avenue, Stockton, CA, USA
with University of the Pacific
The Assistant Swimming Coach teaches and instructs student-athletes how to perform in their sport, including sport-related fundamentals, skills, team concepts, and safety practices.
Develops a fundamental knowledge and maintains compliance of rules and regulations governing intercollegiate athletics while working within the department’s rules, regulations, and policies.
Supports an environment that emphasizes academics as a priority, making every effort to ensure that all student-athletes meet academic requirements, while working to integrate sports into the academic life of the University.
Oversees and assists in monitoring student-athletes academics, study hall requirements, communication with athletic-student advisers, and facilitates study hours on the road.
(To see more information about this positions essential functions please visit our link)
Head of Aquatics
Date posted: March 29, 2023
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
with Harrow International School Bangkok
- Job Summary:
We are seeking a high performing leader for the Head of Aquatics position commencing in August 2023, to lead and oversee the development and performance of swimming across the whole school. Swimming is a key area of sporting success at Harrow Bangkok.
- Job Description:
Harrow International School Bangkok is recruiting for a Head of Aquatics position commencing in August 2023. The purpose of the role is to lead and oversee the development and performance of swimming across the whole school. Swimming is a key area of sporting success at Harrow Bangkok.
Operating in close association with Harrow School, London, Harrow Bangkok is part of a family of schools in the UK and Asia who share a similar ethos and high standards.
Benefitting from a 35-acre garden campus in one of the world’s most diverse and dynamic cities, Harrow Bangkok is firmly established – we will celebrate our 25th anniversary this year. A highly respected and consistently popular choice, Harrow Bangkok currently has more than 1,650 boys and girls aged 18 months to 18 years, including 170 boarding students from Year 4 upwards.
Graduates achieve world-class examination results and move on to high-ranking universities worldwide following a progressive, rigorous academic education aligned with a strong commitment to developing the whole person.
We are seeking high performing leaders for posts commencing in August 2023. The successful candidate will lead and oversee the development and performance of swimming across the whole school. Swimming is a key area of sporting success at Harrow Bangkok and students pathway through lesson provision, after school activity and Sports Academy will receive superb teaching and coaching, have ample opportunity to learn, love and develop water confidence whilst providing structures to compete at the highest level.
The role of Head of Aquatics will raise the profile of swimming, provide opportunities for staff to enhance subject knowledge and lifesaving, celebrate development and performance whilst inspiring a generation of students to enjoy swimming. Successful applicants are offered two year renewable contracts with highly competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions.
We welcome applications from the UK state and independent sector as well as from those working internationally. Opportunities to work with our boarders may be available.
- Lead the coaching of both development and performance swimmers during both pre-school and after-school training sessions
- Promote and have an active input in the planning of the swimming curriculum alongside the Heads of Upper School and Lower School Physical Education
- Plan and deliver an exciting, challenging and varied training programme for Academy swimmers
- Plan and deliver an age-appropriate dry-land training programme for Academy swimmers
- Liaise with the coaching team regarding the progression of performance pathway swimmers and direct coaches working with this programme
- Organise and execute entries and selections for all swimming meets
- Organise and execute academy trials and make squad selections
- Contribute as training and experience dictate, to the wider sporting life of the School
- Provide opportunities for staff members to enhance CPD that include regular lifesaving, CPR and First Aid as a standard.
Teaching and Learning Responsibilities:
- Plan and prepare well-structured, clearly presented lessons appropriate to the abilities of all students and the syllabus being taught
- Make sure that the pool and its environs is a stimulating and safe environment that facilitates learning
- Generate enthusiasm for swimming and inspire all students to work to their potential
- Liaise with main school teachers and the Learning Support Department where a student may have special educational needs
- Promote high standards of behaviour by encouraging a positive, proactive approach to sport
- Build productive relationships with students
- Promote high standards in the use of English as the common language
- Provide high quality, accurate, constructive and targeted information to parents on their child’s progress once very season
- Assess, record and monitor the progress of all students according to faculty guidelines in order to provide accurate information to parents in a variety of forms, as and when necessary
- Maintain and/or produce learning materials and resources as needed
Responsibilities to the Department and School:
- Be respectful of the needs of colleagues and the department with regards to cooperation, collegiality, deadlines and team cohesion
- Participate positively in departmental meetings, follow policies and generally contributing to the effective and efficient running of the department
- Promote professional dialogue, share ideas about teaching and learning and support other teachers in developing good practice and new approaches and initiatives
- Take part in, and contribute to, staff training activities offered in the Department and by the School
- Enthusiastically contribute to cross-curricular links and initiatives, and Leadership in Action activities
- Be involved in new responsibilities within the department as part of an ongoing process of professional development
- Keep up to date with developments in swimming, and in education generally
- Undertake other reasonable duties as requested by the Director of Sport or members of the Senior Leadership Team and any duties that the Head Master deems necessary for the effective operation of the School
- Appropriate degree, with UK PGCE, or other teaching qualification giving QTS
- Minimum Level 2 Coaching Qualification in swimming. A knowledge of the Hy-Tek swim sports software and Schoolsbuddy platform would be an advantage
- Minimum three years’ teaching experience
- Familiarity with the National Curriculum of England (Plus IGCSE/GCSE and/or A Levels as appropriate)
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
- A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
- Recent and consistent involvement in extracurricular activities
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
- Previous experience working with students for whom English is not their first language
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- Acceptable police checks (or equivalent) from the country of origin and from all other countries in which the applicant has worked and no question regarding suitability to work with children
- Appropriate references from current and previous employer, corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee
Application Deadline: As below (early applications encouraged)
The safeguarding of our students is at the core of all that we do. All appointments are conditional on:
- Acceptable police checks (or equivalent) from the country of origin and from all countries in which you have worked
- Appropriate references from your current and previous employer, corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee
Assistant Coach – Swimming/Diving
Date posted: March 29, 2023
Location: Huntsman Center, South Campus Drive, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
with University of Utah
An excellent benefits package is included (see https://www.hr.utah.edu/benefits/ for a full description of the benefits package):
- 14.2% retirement matching
- Paid parental leave (in addition to FMLA)
- 11 paid holidays per year plus vacation accruals each month
- Excellent health insurance options that are both affordable and allow for access to care through the University of Utah health system
- Tuition benefits
- Options for short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and HSA/FSA savings plans are available.
- Free Trax/UTA pass during employment
Job duties will include assisting the head coach with the design and implementation of swim workouts, technical instruction of swimmers, and coaching at swim meets. Duties will also include recruiting qualified student-athletes from an assigned region. Other administrative duties will be assigned by the head coach. All duties are to be performed with the well-being of student-athletes as a focus and in compliance with all University of Utah, Pac-12 Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
Master’s degree and several years of experience coaching elite swimmers in a highly competitive environment preferred. NCAA Division I coaching experience preferred.
Assistant Pool Manager
Date posted: March 29, 2023
Location: 93 Highland Avenue, Somerville, MA, USA
with City of Somerville
Under general supervision from the Pool Manager, the Assistant Pool Manager provides daily operation, supervision and maintenance of the Kennedy swimming pool.
The essential functions or duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various type of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Assist with the training, supervising and evaluating lifeguards/swim instructors, front desk cashiers.
- Implement staff schedules, lifeguard rotation schedule and daily assignments.
- Assist with the program planning and in-service training sessions and participate in life-saving skill practices.
- Monitor activities, provide instructions and prevent accidents in the aquatics facility.
- Respond appropriately to swimmers in danger of drowning and to all illness and injury accidents around the entire aquatics facility immediately and appropriately. This includes, but is not limited to performing Lifeguarding skills, First Aid, CPR, and other until arrival of emergency medical services.
- Record and organize accurate records concerning attendance, daily log, accident/incident/injury reports, chemicals readings, and schedules.
- Assist Manager in performance evaluations on all employees at the facility.
- Handle routine disciplinary issues and communicate with the Pool Manager when necessary.
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly facility. Administer pump room procedures including chemical readings, balancing and filtration. Inspect facility regularly and report any unsafe conditions/equipment to manager immediately.
- Assist with planning, attend and participate in all mandatory staff meetings and trainings.
- Promote aquatic and Parks & Recreation programing.
- Maintain open communication with guests, participants and/or participants parents, and other aquatics staff.
- Set up and clean up the facility daily.
- Enforce all aquatics facility rules, policies, and procedures.
- Manage swim instructors during swim lessons. When necessary instruct swimming lessons for participants of all ages.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, including abiding to uniform requirements.
- Assume full management responsibilities of the aquatics facility in the absence of the Pool Manager.
- Complete additional duties assigned by manager or Director of Parks & Recreation.
Recommended Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or any equivalent of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Strong managerial, supervisory, interpersonal and communications skills. Experience with municipal government process and procedures.
- Experience with educational institutions preferred.
- Good knowledge of: lifeguarding, safety, and health codes for public swimming pools; safety procedures for storing, handling, and using toxic or hazardous chemicals.
- A thorough knowledge of the laws and rules established by regulatory bodies regarding pool operation.
- Understanding of current codes and practices established by Health Codes and national aquatic certification agencies. Must be at least 21 years old. Must have at least 3 years of pool experience.
- Certifications/Licenses: Valid driver’s license. Current Lifeguarding/First Aid/AED. Lifeguard Instructor, Water Safety instructor, and Certified Pool Operator certification required.
This is a safety-sensitive position. Must successfully pass a driving history check with pre-employment drug screen/physical.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to use basic hand tools, lubrication equipment, meters, electric hand tools, water tester, floor sanitizer, pool vacuum, power washer, and water test kits.
- Ability to work in safe and efficient manner.
- Must display leadership abilities, be able to command the respect of pool staff as well as patrons, and be able to delegate duties when needed.
- Must have effective decision making skills, public relation skills, and mathematics comprehension.
May be exposed to extreme hot, cold, or humid temperatures for one hour plus. Possible exposure to distracting/uncomfortable noise levels. Possible risk of bodily injury from mechanical parts, electricity, etc. Possible exposure to fumes, odors, etc. that may affect respiration and skin. Work environment often involves everyday discomforts typical of offices, with occasional exposure to outside elements. Noise or physical surroundings may be distracting, but conditions are generally not unpleasant. Employee may be required to work beyond normal business hours to attend events or complete work assignments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the position’s essential functions.
Sitting, standing, walking, climbing/ladders, squatting/kneeling, reaching, grasping, pushing/pulling, twisting/bending, lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs. multiple times per shift, talking, hearing, and seeing.
Duties are both mental and physical; the job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Visual demands require constantly reading documents for general understanding and analytical purposes. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Must possess adequate vision to distinguish colors and shades of color.
Salary: $64,945.93 annualized + benefits
Mandatory Requirements: This is a safety-sensitive position. Must pass a driving history check and pre-employment drug screening / physical prior to employment.
Hourly Assistant in Bozeman, MT
Date posted: March 29, 2023
Location: Bozeman, MT, USA
with Bozeman Barracudas Swimming Club
Seeking enthusiastic and energetic coach to join our team of supportive and knowledgeable staff.
Responsibilities are primarily engaging with our wonderful age group kids, running a daily two-hour practice 5 days/week, and when available, coaching at meets on weekends demonstrating excellent form on deck. If you have a strong swimming background, and enjoy working with smart, well-behaved kids, we can teach you the rest, (and help you get certified).
Competitive hourly rate and fun atmosphere. Looking for a May 1 start date and availability through July.
Practice times are 6:15-8:15 PM until June 8th, and then switch to a morning time TBD by the city.
Candidates must be in Bozeman for the summer of 2023.
Fenwick High School Head Swim Coach
Date posted: March 29, 2023
Location: 505 Washington Blvd.
with Fenwick High School
Fenwick High School Head Swim Coach
Fenwick High School
Head Coach – Swimming & Diving
Fenwick High School’s Aquatic Program seeks a Head Swimming and Diving Coach. Candidates may apply to be the Head Coach of the girls’ season (August – November), the boys’ season (November – February), or both.
An ideal candidate will demonstrate strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills. In addition, the coach will create and cultivate a positive team and community atmosphere aligned with Fenwick’s core values.
ASEP Coaching Certification or a valid Illinois Teaching certificate is preferred. All applicants must have or be in pursuit of appropriate credentials.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
Provide a vision for the future of Fenwick Swimming and Diving
Collaborate with the Aquatics director to ensure the present and future success of the program
Head coach at the varsity level but in charge of the entire program
Plan and schedule a regular program of practice
Plan and run dual meets, invitationals, and IHSA sectional meets at the Fenwick pool
Oversee the safety conditions of practice and meets
Attend league, district, and school meetings and sports award programs
Complete all required paperwork
Explain and enforce eligibility rules, training rules, and regulations
Assume responsibility for uniforms and equipment
Remain compliant with all IHSA rules
If interested, please apply on the Fenwick website and send application materials to the Aquatics Director Beto Garcia ([email protected]) and the Athletic Director Scott Thies ([email protected]).
Your Sports Resource Seeks Associate Consultant
Date posted: March 28, 2023
with Your Sports Resource
We at Your Sports Resource are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our consulting team as an Associate Consultant. The successful candidate will work closely with our senior consultants to support client projects and provide exceptional service to our clients. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and driven individual who is looking to gain experience in the consulting industry.
This is a remote position, so the ideal candidate must be self-motivated and able to work independently, manage their time effectively, and meet deadlines without constant oversight.
- Conduct research and analysis to support client projects, including gathering and analyzing data, and developing insights and recommendations
- Prepare and deliver high-quality reports, presentations, tools, templates, and other client deliverables
- Assist in managing project timelines and ensuring deliverables are completed on time and within budget
- Collaborate with team members to ensure all client needs are met and projects are delivered to the highest standard
- Contribute to the development of proposals, presentations, and other business development activities
- Support the development and implementation of marketing and communication strategies to promote Your Sports Resources services
- Participate in client meetings and presentations
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships, including regular communication and check-ins
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices to enhance client deliverables and stay ahead of the competition
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent work experience will be considered
- 1-2 years of experience in consulting, business analysis, or related field
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret data and develop insights
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in the competitive swimming industry preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office or Google Workspace products
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Be proactive and work well in a remote environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically
- Willingness to learn and take on new challenges
This is a part time hourly position with the opportunity for advancement and full time placement for the right candidate.
Palatine Park District Lead Group Coach
Date posted: March 28, 2023
Location: 435 W Illinois Ave, Palatine, IL, USA
with Palatine Park District Swim Team
PPD Tiger Sharks – Lead Assistant Coach (IMRF – Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund/benefited position)
The Palatine Park District Tiger Sharks, a year-round swim club located in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago, are looking for qualified applicants for the position of Lead Assistant Coach, with the goal of the position turning into a full-time role.
The ideal candidate will be a lead coach for one of the eight groups within the program and work with swimmers ranging from 6-14 and/or 14-18 years old, that include novice through National level individuals. The position will require early afternoon and/or evening practices during the week when school is in session, along with morning and/or evening practices once school is out. Meet attendance is also expected.
This position will work out of the newly renovated Harper College, Fremd and Palatine High School pools. Once school has concluded, the position will work at Birchwood Recreation Center, an outdoor, 8 lane, 50 meter facility. This position would start as soon as the right candidate is found.
-Knowledge of competitive swimming and/or previous coaching experience
-Have/obtain necessary certifications: coaches safety training, CPR and first aid, background check, and athlete protection training
-Positive, energetic, team-oriented, good communicator
-Availability to work evenings and weekends
Pay is based upon experience at an hourly rate, with meet session pay as well. The right candidate would be expected to meet a minimum of 1000 hours, with the opportunity to work up to 1500 hours, with an IMRF (Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund) qualification and monthly insurance stipend. IMRF is a “multi-employer public pension fund” that administers a program of disability, retirement, and death benefits for employees of local government in Illinois.
-Meet sessions are additional pay
-Mileage reimbursement to and from meets
-Convenient certifications in CPR/Coach training through the Park District
-Private lesson opportunities
-Club will reimburse any fees needed for certification and professional growth.
Interested candidates should send a resume to Tony Gallagher at [email protected]
Assistant Women’s Swim Coach
Date posted: March 28, 2023
Location: 25800 Carlos Bee Blvd, Hayward, CA, USA
with California State University, East Bay
Cal State East Bay Assistant Coach, Women’s Swimming
About California State University, East Bay
California State University, East Bay’s beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, California State University, East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 13,800 students, California State University, East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
Cal State East Bay is a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division II, and sponsors 15 Intercollegiate athletic programs. In June 2011, the Pioneers made the transition back to NCAA Division II during the 2009-10 season after a 10-year absence. CSUEB is a member of the California Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA), which has won 154 national championships since its inception in 1939, the most of any Division II conference. In addition, the Pioneer Swimming program is a member of the Pacific Collegiate Swim and Dive Conference (PCSC), while its Water Polo program is a member of the Western Water Polo Association (WWPA).
About the Position
- Help foster a team culture that is focused and driven to succeed academically and athletically, while servicing the community.
- Assist in planning and implementation of practice, competitions, travel, equipment, paperwork and any other administrative duties set forth by the Head Coach.
- Recruit prospective student athletes in compliance with college policies and procedures
- Monitor the academic progress and development of student-athletes
- Conducting and supervising athletically related activities for specific training groups on a daily basis.
- Assisting with the monitoring and posting on the team website and social media.
- Assist in all fundraising opportunities.
- Maintain knowledge and ensure compliance with NCAA, conference, and institutional rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology or related field.
- Current First Aid, CPR and AED training.
- Competitive coaching background.
- Must have a strong commitment to safety and welfare of student-athletes.
- Ability to work on weekends, evenings, and odd hours.
- Must hold valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass NCAA recruiting test and have knowledge of NCAA Rules
Head Age Group Coach/Coordinator
Date posted: March 27, 2023
Location: 9300 Blairwood Road, Hurstbourne, KY, USA
with TRITON Swimming
The Head Age Group Coach/Coordinator will be supervised by the Director of Competitive Swimming and the Head Coach at he Genesis Health Club of Blairwood. – TRITON Swimming. It is expected the HAG will be charge of the Age Group program and need to be collaborative with the Director of Competitive Swimming and the Head Coach.
- ASCA Level II or above.
- Must have (or obtain prior to being on deck) certifications in Adult & Pediatric/Child CPR and AED, as well as Safety Training for Swim Coaches (STSC).
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Minimum 3-5 yrs. coaching experience preferred
- Passionate about swimming & teaching & development of younger/newer athletes.
- Knowledge of competitive swimming and all swimming strokes (Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly, Freestyle)
- Must possess/be able to demonstrate:
- leadership skills,
- Decision-making ability (in interest of athletes & organization),
- Timely & professional communication (written & verbal) with coaches, parents and swimmers,
- & be willing to follow directives from the Director of Competitive Swimming and the Head Coach.
- Must possess good problem-solving skills and have the capability to act rationally and calmly in all situations.
- Ability to work with and maintain professional relationships with staff & high school coaches.
- Must have a working knowledge of Team Unify & Hytek.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for developing our Age Group program swimmers (ages 5-14) to be ready to compete/practice at the Sr Levels.
- Develop and maintain a season plan for the Age Group Program that shows increased knowledge of the progression of our age group program and develops innovative techniques that show success and improvement. (This includes yardage and technique goals as well as how the group is being differentiated).
- Responsible for writing a monthly report on the prior month’s success, needs for improvement, and goals for the next month.
- Work collaboratively with the head coach to develop and follow through on program goals to enhance a club that is consistently trying to meet its mission/vision while always trying to innovate.
- Assist Head coach as needed.
- Supervise swimmers in the pool area at all times.
- Responsible for helping maintain a safe atmosphere by adhering to all USA swimming rules and regulations and providing positive and constructive feedback to our swimmers and parents.
- Must show an ability to work with and communicate well with all age groups, parents, and athletes.
- Greet, acknowledge, and interact with members at all times.
- Create an educational, safe, and inviting experience for all participants.
- Initiate, develop, and maintain positive relationships with all participants
- Provide a safe, clean, and organized pool area
- In charge of:
- Aiding head coach with setting calendar – practice & meet schedules
- Aiding head coach with staffing and staff schedules
- Staff mentoring & development (including professional development)
- Aiding head coach with team/organization planning & development (including help starting & staffing a learn to swim program)
- Meet entries for age groups swimmers
- Aid in the management of age group travel.
- Maintain team practice and master calendars and report the monthly calendar to our school district (rental) liaison.
- Run monthly meetings with age group coaches
- Vacation – two weeks in August and one in March built in as well as one during either Thanksgiving or Holiday Break (concurrent with school breaks), or upon request and approval.
Assistant Coach – Swimming
Date posted: March 27, 2023
Location: Worcester, MA, USA
with College of the Holy Cross
Assistant Coach – Swimming
About College of the Holy Cross:
Founded in 1843 in Worcester, Massachusetts, the College of the Holy Cross is among the nation’s leading liberal arts institutions. A highly selective, four-year, exclusively undergraduate college of 3,100 students, Holy Cross is renowned for offering a rigorous, personalized education in the Jesuit, Catholic tradition.
Holy Cross highly values the unique skills, perspective, talents and passion that each employee contributes to its learning community.â To work at The College is to accept an invitation to participate in the growth and development of all campus members, students, faculty and staff. The College’s commitment to diversity is an important feature of the Holy Cross education. Informed by the presence of diverse interpretations of the human experience, Holy Cross is building a community marked by freedom, mutual respect, and civility. We seek others who support our values of diversity and inclusiveness. Job candidates of all diverse backgrounds who embrace the open and inclusive culture of Holy Cross are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Assist Head Coach with all facets of the Swimming and Diving program, primarily by: instructing student-athletes on competitive swimming skills and techniques, educating on swimming and diving rules and NCAA requirements, assessing comprehension of skills, techniques and rules and providing additional instruction as appropriate, and preparing team for competition and practice.
Assistant coach must perform duties in compliance with all College, Patriot League, and NCAA rules and regulations.
Primary Responsibilities (60%):
Provide individual and team instruction to student-athletes on:
• Rules & fundamentals
• Skill attainment
• Techniques and methods required to demonstrate satisfactory performance in a safe manner
• Team concepts
Provide individualized coaching/tutoring/mentoring to student-athletes, including preparatory work that includes:
• Assessing student-athlete stroke technique demonstrated during practice, competition, and in on deck video review
• Determining specific daily practice activities that will be conducted by student-athletes
• Developing instruction for individual student-athletes and specific team needs
• Determining pre-competition activities that will be conducted during days of competition
• Developing race strategies with individual swimmers
• Attending workshops and training sessions for the purpose of researching methods to provide student-athletes with training and instruction on: rules, fundamentals, team concepts, physical health, safety, skill attainment, conference rules and regulations
Secondary responsibilities (40%)
• Identifying talented, academically qualified prospective student-athletes
• Administrative duties as assigned, including, but not limited to (10%):
• Collaborating with coach to develop annual goals for the program
• Maintaining records
• Effectively communicating with coaches, prospects and parents
• Tracking academic progress and providing counseling as appropriate
• Assisting with fundraising, marketing and promotional activities
• Administering sport camps as directed by head coach and/or Athletics Administration
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Prior experience instructing and coaching, preferably at the Division I level
• Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
• Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required
• Proficiency working with TeamManager and MeetManager programs
• CPR, First Aid, AED, and Life Guarding certifications
• Knowledge of Daktronics timing system and scoreboard operation a plus
Skills that are required for this job and are in line with the College’s mission:
• Instructional/teaching skills; understanding of a variety of instructional methods
• Ability to demonstrate skills and techniques during practice sessions, in order for student-athletes to learn through observation
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple task
• Flexibility and reliability; position requires travel work on nights and weekends.
• Understands risk management and works in conjunction with Sports Medicine and Strength and Conditioning personnel to uphold health and safety standards in the conduct of all activities
• Strong teamwork and team facilitation
• Supports departmental efforts through collaborative measures and sharing knowledge with others
• Understands, values and respects diversity within the team and fosters an inclusive and supportive environment
The College also offers a competitive benefits package for full-time staff, including:
• 10% College contribution to the 403(b) Retirement Plan (1 year wait waiver available)
• Hybrid work
• NEW – condensed summer 4-day work week
• Tuition benefits
• Wellness programs & ongoing Training and Development opportunities
• Generous paid time off
• Free parking and free use of the athletic/fitness facilities.
• https://www.holycross.edu/human-resources/benefits to learn more.
To mitigate the spread and effects of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, College of the Holy Cross requires that all successful applicants show proof of full, up-to-date vaccination (including a booster dose once eligible) by an FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine before beginning employment, unless an accommodation exempting the applicant from this policy has been granted. Applicants who wish to request an accommodation based on a disability or sincerely-held religious belief should inform Human Resources after an offer of employment is extended; please do not include any medical, genetic, or religious information in your application materials.
The College of the Holy Cross is a private, Jesuit Catholic, undergraduate institution serving approximately 3,100 students. Founded in 1843, Holy Cross is the oldest Catholic college in New England and has a tradition of academic excellence. It is located atop Mount Saint James in Worcester, Massachusetts. The picturesque, 174-acre campus is an award-winning and registered arboretum.
Worcester is a city of approximately 200,000 people centrally located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. It is approximately one hour from Boston, Hartford, and Providence, and three hours from New York City. Worcester is known as the Heart of the Commonwealth. Worcester offers many cultural and recreational opportunities https://livability.com/worcester-region/.
The College of the Holy Cross is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
A member of the Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts (HECCMA).
To review our Employee Benefit Options, please go to: https://www.holycross.edu/human-resources/benefits
Holy Cross Benefits at a Glance PDF for download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vvUJ1aAP9VfP1ZU3yIaj_vYaUF22LqRQ/view
Please attach a cover letter addressing the position requirements along with your resume. In your cover letter please address how your work supports the College’s mission as a Jesuit, undergraduate liberal arts college (see http://www.holycross.edu/mission) and its core commitment to diversity and inclusion. For more information, please visit http://holycross.edu/diversity.
The College of the Holy Cross is a highly selective Catholic liberal arts college in the Jesuit tradition. It enrolls about 3,000 students and is located in a medium-sized city 45 miles west of Boston. The College seeks faculty members whose scholarship, teaching, advising, and on- and off-campus service demonstrate commitment to the educational benefits of a richly diverse community. Holy Cross aspires to meet the needs of dual-career couples, in part through its membership in Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts (http://www.heccma.org) and the New England Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (https://new-england.hercjobs.org/)
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Planning Analyst – Performance Swim
Date posted: March 24, 2023
Who we are
Spiraledge is a collection of companies focused on health and wellness and a leading U.S. ecommerce retailer. Spiraledge operates through two primary online stores SwimOutlet.com and Everyday Yoga.com. Headquarters are located in Campbell, California with offices in Ohio, Massachusetts and Vietnam. Both SwimOutlet.com and Everyday Yoga have been named an Internet Retailer Hot 100 Company.
SwimOutlet.com Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Campbell, CA, SwimOutlet.com is the premier online destination for aquatics apparel and the web’s most popular swim shop. Since its inception, SwimOutlet.com has expanded into virtually every activity that takes place in and around water, becoming the largest online specialty store for aquatics in North America.
Planning Analyst – Competitive Swim
Remote | Reports to the Senior Category Manager for Performance Swim | Full time
Compensation Range: 70k-120k
We are seeking a detail-oriented and experienced Planning Analyst, with a passion for aquatics or youth sports industries, to join our team. The Planning Analyst is responsible for owning and executing inventory planning for the competitive swim division. In this role, you will work closely with cross-functional teams and vendors to maximize sales and in-stocks, optimize inventory turns, and drive profitable growth. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in demand planning, excellent analytical skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively. They will have experience with inventory and demand planning processes and tools, including but not limited to category and assortment planning, open-to-buy, replenishment, and price optimization.
What you will do
Develop and implement demand forecasting strategies for the competitive swimming industry; taking into account team buys, seasonal demand, and unique market dynamics
Analyze sales trends, seasonality, and promotional activities to accurately forecast demand and determine inventory requirements
Run daily, weekly, and monthly ad hoc reports to continuously review sales performance and inventory efficiency
Maintain optimal inventory levels and manage open to buy dollars with new and replenishment receipts while balancing stock to sales ratio
Maintain collaborative partnerships with vendors, buyers, and the warehouse to ensure the rapid and efficient movement of goods through the supply chain
Ensure maximum instocks with our vendor partners while assessing weeks of supply, sell through, and sales trends, and communicate areas for improvement to the merchants.
Maintain collaborative partnership with our Team Sales division; gather input on sales trends, team customer needs, other market dynamic info to drive best in class demand planning practices to support Team Sales growth and improve forecast accuracy
Work with Merchants on executing both in-season and end of life product pricing strategies.
Identify opportunities to develop and improve processes by understanding the strategic components of the business, and drive them to implementation
Maintain a positive work atmosphere that strengthens the team
Who you are
Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or Math preferred
4+ years of experience in demand planning, inventory management, or a related role, preferably in the aquatics or youth sports industry
Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze large data sets, strong problem solving skills, organized, resourceful, and solution oriented
Business knowledge of retail and supply chain concepts
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross functional teams
Self motivated, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
Ability to build/improve efficient processes and operate clearly in an ambiguous environment
Ability to multitask; flexible and readily adaptable to changing priorities
Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, and experience with demand planning software knowledge and an aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
A background in aquatics or youth sports
This position may require occasional domestic travel
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Spiraledge provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Masters Swim Coach
Date posted: March 24, 2023
Location: 1849 Southwest Salmon Street, Portland, OR, USA
with Multnomah Athletic Club
Organizes and coaches Masters Swim Team practices in compliance with club rules, policies, and procedures. Ensures competitive and developmental programs offer members the ability to learn, perform and compete in masters swimming.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures that practices are safely organized, and allocated pool space is utilized.
- Communicates scheduling changes, meet information and team updates to participants via designated channels.
- Works with Aquatics Manager to submit maintenance, housekeeping, and technology work orders as necessary for maintenance and general upkeep.
- In the event of an emergency, works with lifeguard and first responder staff to safely manage the situation.
- Enforces departmental policies and procedures as necessary.
- Effectively responds to members’ comments and concerns to include assigned sounding board comments, website comment replies, etc.
Sport Specific: Masters Swimming
- Stays up to date on techniques and industry standards of competitive swimming by taking advantage of professional advancement opportunities.
- Responsible for organizing and running assigned practices.
- Represents MAC at offsite competitions and performances within the guidelines of the Athletic Code of Conduct.
- Communicates program updates and needs to the Aquatics Manager as needed for committee input.
- Projects a positive, outgoing image and utilizes interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with members, guests, the public, and staff of all ages.
- Complies with all Club safety policies and procedures demonstrating safe work practices. Identifies and reports unsafe or hazardous work conditions. Reports all workplace injuries and illnesses to the Aquatics Manager and Human Resources.
- Promotes the MAC code of conduct in club activities and demonstrates the importance of providing extraordinary customer service to members and partners with staff.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Aquatics Manager.
- Participates in all club-related training classes.
Essential Tools, Equipment, Vehicles, and/or Machinery
Essential job functions require the use of a computer, other general office equipment and the safe operation of all pool and sports related equipment.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
Essential job functions require heavy lifting of studio equipment. Work may occasionally be performed in awkward positions when setting up and taking down equipment and performing cleaning or minor repairs. Requires frequent walking, stooping, bending, squatting, and standing. Must have the ability to move easily on wet or slippery surfaces and stand on feet for up to two hours at a time. Exposure to incidents requiring the administration of minor first aid may occur.
- Two years’ experience working in a service-oriented position or any combination of education, training and experience that would demonstrate the ability to perform the essential job functions.
- Significant related experience in the field of swimming from youth to professional level.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Effective customer service skills including the ability to work effectively with all ages.
- Possession of current CPR and first-aid certifications or ability to obtain certification within 6 months of hire.
- Ability and skill to work effectively in a service environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to assist in implementation of long-term departmental vision and goals.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions.
- Full-time employees may choose from a comprehensive benefit & welfare package including medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Facility use privileges including exercise room, climbing gym, swimming pools, and exercise classes
- Free parking
- Discounted public transportation passes
- 401(k) retirement program with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Access to Headspace wellness app
- Discounted club services and meals
The Multnomah Athletic Club believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. This position description is designed to outline primary duties and qualifications but not limit the employee or the Club to just the work identified.
Aquatics Supervisor (Rockaway YMCA)
Date posted: March 24, 2023
Location: Rockaway YMCA, 207 Beach 73rd Street, Arverne, NY, USA
with Rockaway YMCA
SALARY: $25.00 – $30.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Rockaway YMCA is seeking an Aquatics Supervisor who will be responsible for maintaining safe conditions in and around the swim area at the Rockaway YMCA. The Aquatics Supervisor will promote a safe and positive atmosphere, in accordance with YMCA aquatics policies and procedures.
- Must be Rescue Ready: uniform, pocket face mask/gloves, whistle and rescue tube.
- Must be Instructor Ready: uniform, lesson plans, maintaining records (attendance, track progress and complete end of session report).
- Continuous and active scanning of the pool.
- Enforce aquatics safety rules consistently and fairly.
- Ensure instructional equipment remains in good condition; have all equipment ready prior to classes and put away after.
- Instruct participants according to YMCA aquatics program standards: using all 5 components, guided discovery, effective class organization and positive relationship with participants.
- Know and understand the Emergency Action Plan and Emergency Evacuation Routes.
- Assist the Aquatics Director with office duties including, but not limited to: retrieving and responding to messages, assisting with program and staff schedules, assisting in maintaining class ratios when needed, assist in covering Lifeguard and/or Instructor shifts when needed.
- Organize and perform private swim lessons, when needed.
- Provide on deck supervision during program times.
Maintain positive relationships with members and staff.
- Maintain positive relationships with members and staff.
- Must attain the YMCA Lifeguard certification within 90 days of hire and YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor certification within 120 days of hire.
- Maintain certification level of physical and mental readiness. Responsible for recertification before expiration.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- Other activities and duties that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Current YMCA Lifeguard certification or equivalent.
- Current YMCA Swim Lessons certification or equivalent.
- Current CPRO, BLS, First, Emergency Oxygen and Swim Instructor certifications.
- Demonstrate swim strokes, lifeguard rescues and CPRO/FA/EO skills.
- Excellent hospitality skills.
- Must be available to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
The YMCA of Greater New York offers a variety of benefits to its staff members including retirement benefits, medical, paid-time off, free YMCA membership and more! Benefit eligibility is determined by an individual’s employment status (ie. full-time or part-time), tenure and/or the number of hours scheduled to work. Click here for more information.
Sports Marketing Representative – Northwest
Date posted: March 24, 2023
Sports Marketing Representative- Northwest (WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, UT)
Remote Position with 40% travel.
Incumbent should reside within territory limits, preferably WA or OR.
WE ARE SPEEDO
The world’s leading swimwear brand, Speedo is passionate about life in and around the water. The brand’s heritage of innovation derives from its leadership in competitive swimming, where more Olympic Gold Medals have been won in Speedo than any other brand. Unmatched in performance, fit and feel, we are also America’s #1 goggle brand.
From the first splash, to every stroke, the genuine love and excitement we have working with the water is what creates exciting and meaningful relationships.
Speedo is not where we work, but is who we are.
It’s watching a baby in the pool for the first time or our athletes make history. What we do is sacred to us and our connection to the rest of water lovers around the world. Driven by the challenge, not the glory. At Speedo, it is never enough to be good at what you do; you have to love what you do.
Speedo is a part of the Pentland Brands Limited Family.
Building brands for the world to love, generation after generation.
Pentland Brands Limited is the name behind some of the world’s best sports, outdoor and lifestyle brands. It owns Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, ellesse, SeaVees, Red or Dead and Mitre. It is the UK licensee for Kickers and has a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear. Its products are available in over 190 countries and are sold either directly by Group companies or are represented by licensees and distributors.
As a family business, we believe every individual has the power to help shape our future. Your potential is our potential and together we can build and grow brands that last.
Manage contract deliverables for sponsored teams, athletes and coaches. Actively drive team sales through sponsorship and promotional programs. Support sales and accounts at events.
Identify and create new team contracts to leverage sponsorships within local swim teams markets
Review details of sponsorship contracts and agreements with Speedo coaches
Review and carryout sponsorship details, event outfitting, event participation with Speedo sales reps and Team Dealers
Carryout sponsorship details, event outfitting, event participation with sponsored teams
Coordinate orders through B2B sponsored team website for equipment for teams attending National meets
Maintain team sponsorship database, with all Team and Coach contract deliverables, financial responsibilities and coach/team contact details
Assist in forecasting potential promotional items and product needs for Speedo incentive programs
Reference contracts for all outfitting to ensure teams staying within contract allotment
Following up with teams, dealers and reps regarding outstanding orders
Maintain team sponsorship database with order numbers, team notes, remaining support allowance
Coordinate all Team sales details with AE and Team Dealer, yearly
Present contracts in person to decision makers, ensuring all parties understand obligations in full and how they will be fulfilled
Review contracts regularly ensuring obligations are being met by all parties
Effectively manage the travel budget to optimize team visits and swim meet responsibilities
Present product line to Teams yearly to confirm outfitting which should be shared with Team Dealer
Work with AE, Team Dealer and Sports Marketing Manager to identify new teams
Review all aspects of Speedo sponsorship programs, contracts and teams / coaches under agreement with Team Dealers
Coordinate with Sales Rep and Sports Marketing Manager to manage information, sponsorship and promotional programs with Team Dealer Ambassadors
Engage with partners on the pool deck and events. make contact and build relationships with coaches, athletes and event personnel
Maintain a professional appearance at all events and meetings
Attend industry events, National/Local swim meets and tradeshows
Work with selected accounts and sales reps at various events to promote brand
Assist with on-site booth set-up, merchandising and restocking
Work with Athlete Coordinator to organize on-site athlete appearances and leverage appearances in the local competitive swimming community
Coordinate local market promotions linked to events and clinics
Coordinate Speedo role with organizing committee to maximize brand presence
Coordinate with AE on local marketing promotions linked to events and clinics
Liaison to athletes and coaches in development and testing
Link to merchandising department on technical product development and feedback from the field
Coordinate branding and launch of new product with respect to athletes, teams, coaches, events and dealers
Assist in forecasting potential promotional items and product needs for Speedo incentive programs
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Minimum 3- 5 years’ experience in Competitive Swimming and detailed knowledge of the swim industry
Bachelor’s degree, in a related field of study, or equivalent functional experience
Flexible and adaptable in a fast paced environment
Ability to multi-task and complete projects
Strong communication, presentation skills
Retail math skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
Outside sales and support role with basic office responsibilities.
Physically need to support events by lifting up to 25lbs, standing long periods of time.
Heavy computer and phone use
Private and public speaking required
The position is based in within selected territory
Pay Range: $60,000 – $65,000 annually
Base pay is a portion of our total compensation package and determined within a range that allows growth and development within your role. Your base pay will be determined based on experience, skills and qualifications.
Speedo and Pentland Brands are an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, we have a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, applicants are asked not to disclose salary history information.