Location: 300 Chaffee Rd, Oconomowoc, WI 53066, USA
with A3 Performance
A3 Performance is the fastest-growing brand of performance swimwear in America. As an Innovator and Leader in product development, A3 Performance is now taking an innovative approach to brand growth and distribution.
This is where you come in. If you are entrepreneurial in nature and have dreamed of starting your own business, if you want to work in the sport of swimming and have the same drive as an aspiring athlete, an A3 Agent may be your calling.
An A3 Performance Agent is an independent business functioning as a marketing, sales, and service representative of A3 Performance. Enjoy the freedom of owning your own business and the support of the fastest-growing swimwear brand in America!
Location: 401 College Avenue, Ashland, OH, USA
with Ashland University
Ashland University is currently searching for a new part time diving coach. In this unique position, this coach will have opportunities to learn and grow their coaching style with the resources of one of the best athletic departments in DII. This is a part time stipend position.
- The creation and implementation of a season long training program. This includes:
- On deck coaching
- Design and run training sessions
- In depth technical analysis (TiVo system & Dryboard available)
- Attendance at the Championship meet (Required)
- Attendance at dual meets (Desired, but due to part time nature, not required)
- Attendance at (minimum) 4 afternoon practices per week
- Integrated weight room training with strength staff
- On deck coaching
- The assistance of head coach and recruiting coordinator in recruiting duties. This includes:
- Talent assessment
- Meeting & communicating with recruits
- Scholarship recommendations
- Other duties as assigned by head coach. Some examples:
- Social Media engagement
- Academic check ups
- Diving board and equipment sanitation (COVID precautions)
- Assisting in fundraising efforts for AUSD program
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of college diving experience
- Lifeguard Certification
- A desire to teach and learn
- Good communication skills
- Ability to manage time and make deadlines
- Enthusiasm and the ability to foster a positive environment in this situation of constant change
- College coaching experience
- Knowledge of NCAA DII rules and regulations
Location: Palo Alto, CA, USA
with University Club of Palo Alto
- Five to six UC Masters swim practices per week plus partial weekend swim meet coverage*.
- Five to six Age Group (MCAC) swim practices per week plus partial weekend swim meet coverage*.
- Organize and develop practice regimens.
- Provide feedback to athletes and other coaches.
- Uphold positive group dynamics along with challenging workload.
- Work to build groups beyond current structure.
- Four to five UC Sharks swim practices per week plus weeknight and weekends swim meet coverage*.
- Work with swimmers at an introductory level.
- Help maintain and build program to ensure UC Member satisfaction.
- Guide Junior/Assistant Coaches in teaching proper fundamentals to younger swimmers.
- Introduce weekly/bi-weekly Clinics for UC membership*.
- Develop and lead various clinics for swimmers of all levels in the following areas:
- Competition starts & Turns.
- Stroke Technique.
- Conditioning or Triathlete based swims.
- Water Polo.
- Lesson Instruction
- Continue five to ten hours per week of lesson instruction.
- Help train Assistant Instructors to teach proper methods while instructing swim lessons.
- Administrative Duties
- Provide timely email and phone communication to departmental notices and inquiries.
- Assume individual and program billing assignments.
- Assist with swim team entries for year-round and summer swim teams*.
- Pool monitoring & sanitation duties.
- Program Opportunities for Development
- Introduce Learn to swim program.
- Fitness classes and personal training.
- Certified Pool Operator certification.
- Professional Growth:
- Aquatic Management available based on performance & membership service.
- Develop and lead various clinics for swimmers of all levels in the following areas:
*when meets & larger group gatherings become available.
Location: 2225 16th street, Santa Monica, CA 90405
with Team Santa Monica
Full Time Coach
Team Santa Monica, located in beautiful sunny Southern California, has been around for the last 65 years and has a storied history in USA Swimming and on the National Stage.
We are seeking an experienced, organized, and positive Coach to help bring our club to the next level. This position is year-round. You will be working with Senior swimmers working towards qualifying for Sectionals and beyond. Also, you will be working with Age Group swimmers working towards qualifying for Age Group Championships.
You must possess a high degree of emotional maturity and be able to motivate children with varied attributes. You must have a strong desire to create a positive training environment for all swimmers to achieve success in the pool and life and be willing to grow to make this your ultimate goal.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Inspiring, dedicated coach and swimming subject matter expert
- Ability to demonstrate mature judgment, reliability, availability, and ethical behavior including punctuality, confidentiality, positive and constructive feedback, and ability to function in a multi-task environment
- Ability to meet all USA Swimming certification and coaching requirements (CPR, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, USA Swimming Background Check, Athlete Protection, Lifeguard, First Aid, Concussion, etc.)
- Must be able to attend all assigned team functions (practices, meets, etc)
- Must be available to travel for clinics, meets, training camps, etc.
- Swimmer development
- Emphasize proper stroke technique and understand the progression for Age Group and Senior swimming
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices based on pre-developed annual training plan designed by the Head Coach
- Positively and constructively communicate and motivate children with the ability to consider varied social, emotional and physical attributes
- Manage, observe, and constructively evaluate swimmer performance at practices and meets to enhance technique and motivation
- Meet all USA Swimming coaching requirements.
- Have 4-6 years of swim coaching experience with a USA Swimming club, and 1 year of management/administrative experience.
- Must be a US citizen or currently eligible to work in the US.
- Have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of marketing elements (including traditional and digital marketing such as Social media).
- Be able to motivate swimmers of all abilities to achieve their full potential.
- Have previously developed swimmers to Age Group Championships and Sectionals or Futures level.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- College Degree
- 4-6 years competitive swim coaching experience with a USA Swimming club, and coaching membership that is in good standing with USA Swimming
- Energetic, patient, constructive, and ability to provide simple instructions
- Demonstrated the ability to work well and communicate effectively with swimmers of all ages/abilities, coaching staff, and administrators
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Enthusiasm for continuing coaching education
Salary and Application Requirements:
TSM offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience. The package includes a base salary, paid vacation, paid professional development, and travel expense reimbursement for meets.
The position shall remain open until filled.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, coaching philosophy statement, resume and contact information for 3 professional references by email to Head Coach Mohammad Khadembashi: [email protected]
Location: 123a Hemsija, Ħ'Attard, Malta
with Sirens Aquatic Sports Club
Application for the post of Artistic Swimming Coach
Sirens Artistic Swimming (Synchronised)
Sirens ASC is one of Malta’s leading artistic swimming clubs. The club is currently seeking to recruit an Artistic Swimming Coach on a full time basis to work with our competitive age group teams, with a main focus on our 13-15 age group and Junior age group.
We are looking for a coach who works with enthusiasm in order to grow and develop the sport within the club, someone who works well within a team environment, is able to engage with the other coaches and most importantly – has a strong passion for the sport and for growing our athletes holistically. The person we are looking to recruit must also be inspiring and a good motivator in order to push our swimmers forward in their development.
The ideal candidate must be fluent in English, both written and verbal, have experience with competitive teams of various levels and be confident when working with Junior age group athletes. The candidate must be willing to work in cooperation with the rest of the artistic swimming coaching team and be ready to work flexible hours, which are likely to increase prior to competition and during school holidays. Coaching qualifications will be considered an asset, whilst a valid First Aid qualification and a clean Police Conduct certificate (issued within the last 6 months) are a must.
Day to day activities will include, together with the artistic swimming coaching team, long and short term goal planning, preparation of a daily, weekly and monthly training plan, as well as effective delivery of the planned sessions. The ideal candidate will ensure that training sessions are carried out with punctuality and discipline as planned. Whilst working in conjunction with the artistic coaching team, the new coach may also be required to help plan and prepare the training schedules, competitions and may work to establish selection and assessment criteria. The selected individual is to convey the principles of fairplay, professionalism and good sportsmanship at all times.
Personal terms will be discussed during an initial interview whilst a competitive salary is being offered.
Interested applicants are to send their CV together with a covering letter and recommendation letters to [email protected]
Closing date for applications: August 5th 2020
Location: 6905 Given Road, Cincinnati, OH, USA
with Cincinnati Aquatic Club
We are looking for an 8 and under lead group coach who would be working 3 days per week approximately 1.5 hours and cover a few one day meets as well. Two of the practice are in the evenings on Monday and Wednesday an one mid-day Saturday. This position would require weekly communication with the group’s parents, Meet entries, and executing the season training plan. Previous swimming or coaching experience required. Compensation commensurate with experience.
CAC Seahawks Age Group Coaching Assistant Position:
We are looking for an assistant coach who would work with our A-2 & A3 Groups ages 8-12. Previous swimming or coaching experience required. This position would be to assist the lead coach with running practices. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Location: Cleveland, OH, USA
Looking for a Lifeguard position? All year around? Check out Lifeguard opportunities with the YMCA of Greater Cleveland.
– Inside pools
– Up to 25 hours a week
– Ability to work at multiple locations.
– Opportunity for growth and development!
– FREE Membership!
At the Y, our mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all. Join our Greater Cleveland YMCA team in living our cause and helping to provide quality, safe and healthy programs and services in our community.
Position: Lifeguard – West Park Family YMCA
Pay Rate: $8.70 -$9.00
Description: YMCA of Greater Cleveland has an immediate need for Lifeguards who will be responsible for ensuring safety of all participants during open swim and program activities.
- Maintain CPR, First Aid, other required YMCA certifications.
- Report to work on time and with appropriate safety equipment (fanny pack) and appropriate clothing.
- Ensure safety of participants during class and/or open swim.
- Adhere to Blood borne Pathogen standards and attend annual training.
- Notify supervisor of any faulty equipment or unsafe conditions.
- Document any incidents that occur during shift (on daily basis).
- Monitor chlorine, PH levels/ and track water temperature hourly.
- Ability to read, write & understand written directions.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Current YMCA or Red Cross life guarding certification and CPR PRO certification.
- Physical ability to rescue an individual from water.
- Prior experience helpful.
About YMCA of Greater Cleveland: Our vision is to be the premier community-based, charitable organization that embraces collaborations to build strong kids, strong families and strong communities.
Location: 9450 Gerwig Lane, Columbia, MD, USA
with Columbia Association
The Competitive Swimming Supervisor supervises their respective group(s) in accordance with the values, purposes, and policies of the Columbia Association. He or she is responsible for the overall running of the Columbia Aquatics Association (Clippers) Private lesson program. Responsibilities also include coaching youth in competitive swimming , model and promote professionalism, good sportsmanship, and the spirit of friendly competition, communicate effectively and appropriately with all CA team members, swimmers, parents, and volunteers, manage private lesson program attending meets and coaches meetings. The Competitive Swimming Supervisor must maintain all necessary certifications for USA swimming.
Location: 9450 Gerwig Lane, Columbia, MD, USA
with Columbia Association
Columbia Association, headquartered in Howard County, Maryland, is known for engaging our diverse community, cultivating a unique sense of place, and enhancing the quality of life in Columbia, Maryland, all thanks to the efforts of our remarkable team members.If you share in our passion for teamwork and our vision, we want you to fast-forward your career with us at Columbia Association.
If you share in our passion for teamwork and our vision, we want you to fast-forward your career with us at Columbia Association.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
CA offers a positive and fun work environment; competitive pay; and a generous benefits package, including health, dental, and vision coverage; 401(k) retirement saving plan with CA contributing 6% of the team member’s salary and more if eligible.
The Competitive Swimming Assistant Operations Manager will supervise their respective group(s) in accordance to the values, purposes, and policies of the Columbia Association. He or she is responsible for staff reimbursement, education, and CNSL hiring. Some of the responsibilities include coaching youth in competitive swimming, model and promote professionalism, good sportsmanship, and the spirit of friendly competition, communicating effectively and appropriately with all CA team members, swimmers, parents, and volunteers, attending meets, submitting time sheets, and providing assistant coaches with mentoring. The Competitive Swimming Assistant Operations Manager will also need to have the necessary certifications for USA Swimming.
Location: Blacksburg, VA, USA
with Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech is looking for a Volunteer Assistant Swimming & Diving Coach –@HokiesSwimDive
This position will assist the Swimming & Diving program with the following:
- Coaching responsibilities during practice
- Operations of Swimming & Diving program
- Assist with meet management duties
- Filming & film review
- On-campus recruiting
- Other administrative work, as needed
Opportunities also include coaching with Pinnacle Racing – VT; our postgrads and professional training group training for the 2021 Tokyo Olympics. Assist with Camps & Clinics, as well as opportunities to travel with the team to both dual and championship meets.
- USA Swimming Certifications. CPR, First Aid
- Knowledge of NCAA Division I and ACC compliance/conference rules.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Eagerness to learn
WHAT IS A HOKIE?
Hokies collaborate with diverse team members and cross the traditional lines between fields and disciplines to tackle global-scale problems.
We push the boundaries of knowledge in order to make a difference in the world. Members of the Hokie Nation have a clear vision of how we can serve in our personal, professional, and civic pursuits.
We are a force for positive change, driven by our motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve).
We are Hokies.
Location: 3003 North A Street, Midland, TX, USA
with COM Aquatics, Inc.
COM is a privately held non-profit aquatic sports facility, housing an indoor diving facility, a 50M Olympic swimming pool, 2 competition pools (7 pools total), a comprehensive physical therapy clinic and gym located in Midland, Texas. COM is not like any other facility in the county, and our staff is unlike any other group in the country.
COM’s diving facility includes 1M, 3M, 5M, 7M and 10M platforms, four 1M and 3M springboards, a bubbler system and water belts over the springboards and 5M Platform; a dedicated dry-land gym for our divers with trampolines, dry boards, and belts. Our club diving team currently trains over 100 divers each month, ranging in age from 4 – 18 and an adult diving team. Our team won USA Diving Regionals and Zones and finished 9th as a team at USA Diving Nationals. In 2019, COM’s women’s team won Senior Nationals. COM routinely hosts international competitive divers, as well as USA Diving Team members.
In order to facilitate program growth, we are looking to grow our coaching staff, and have an immediate opening for a permanent full time coach.
COM coaches assist with all aspects of operating a club diving program including:
– Daily practices
– Coaching at meets
– Meet management/assistance
– Parent communications
– Administrative duties
– Coaching & judging experience at the JO level or above
– Ability to relate and work well with divers of all ages and levels, parents and staff
– USA Diving/AAU certification, lifeguard certification, CPR (within 30 days of hire date)
– Knowledgeable and experienced with planning and programming
– Experience with dry land hand- and ropes- spotting, and teaching front and back twisters
– Experience with athletes strength and conditioning training, of various ages and ability levels
Total compensation is negotiable, and will be commensurate with experience. COM is an equal opportunity employer.
Location: 2690 Riva Road, Annapolis, MD, USA
with Annapolis Swim Club
Annapolis Swim Club (Located at Arundel Olympic Swim Center)
ASC is looking for an enthusiastic age group coach to primarily work with our 10 & Under swimmers. Preferably looking for candidates to have 2-3 years previous coaching experience, and to feel comfortable leading groups with prepared practices, and a strong ability to teach and correct stroke technique. The hired coach will be expected to work 4 evenings per week, although this can be flexible. All ASC Coaches will need to remain current with all USA Swimming certifications. Position will remain open until filled.
Location: Craig, Alaska, USA
with Craig Waverunner Swim Club
Exciting employment opportunity in Craig Alaska! The Craig Waverunner Swim Club is in search of a new Head Swim Coach. The Waverunners are a parent owned and operated USA Swimming Club. The position is hired through the City of Craig, Alaska and the job position includes being the Head Swim Coach, Lifeguard and Swim Lesson Instructor at the Craig Aquatic Center.
The City of Craig offers competitive wages and a very good benefit package, including health insurance. You may view the job description and application at this site: https://www.craigak.com/aquatic/page/lifeguard-iii-swim-coach
In addition to the City of Craig hourly wage, the Waverunners pay a $500.00 monthly stipend. The Craig High School and a small local Masters team are also looking for coaches and can be combined with this position for additional compensation. We understand that relocating is costly and the swim club will reimburse up to $1000.00 for moving costs. Half will be paid upon arrival and the additional payment will be given after six months of employment.
The Waverunners are a small club with approximately 45 swimmers. We attend 6-8 swim meets per year which offers exciting travel opportunities throughout the state. The Head Coach travels with the team via jet boat, ferry and float plane. All travel is paid for by the team.
Craig Alaska is located on Prince of Wales Island in southeast Alaska. Prince of Wales is an incredibly beautiful place with a multitude of outdoor recreation possibilities, including: boating, fishing, kayaking, wildlife viewing, hiking, camping and hunting. For additional information about Prince of Wales, please visit our Chamber of Commerce website http://www.princeofwalescoc.org
For inquiries, contact:
CWSC Assistant Coach
P.O. Box 877
Craig, AK 99921
Email: [email protected]
Location: 300 Fraser Purchase Road, Latrobe, PA, USA
with Saint Vincent College
The successful candidate will be actively involved in the recruitment, retention, and day to day operations of the Saint Vincent College Swimming Program.
The position includes: a living stipend of $5,000 and a tuition waiver to enroll in a graduate program at Saint Vincent College. The anticipated start date is August 16, 2020.
Responsibilities: Duties include but are not limited to assisting the Head Coach with all facets of training, recruiting, and retention for the swimming program.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree is required. Prior experience as a collegiate swimmer or having worked in college swimming is preferred, but not necessary. Exceptional attention to detail, well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with all persons regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, and physical challenges. Application must demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively within a team-oriented office environment and interact in a positive manner with students, faculty, staff, visitors, and the public. Admission into the Graduate Program is a requirement for consideration for this position.
Location: Spring, TX, USA
with Swim Streamline at Northampton
Swim Streamline at Northampton (SSAN) is seeking qualified applicants for a FULL TIME AGE GROUP COACH. SSAN is a year-round swim team in the Spring/Woodlands area of Houston, Gulf Swimming. In our 12th year, with a roster of 300 athletes, we are seeking an experienced coach to work with our Home school and Age Group Programs.
SSAN is a coach owned program. All team decisions are based on the continued focus of Building the Base through dedication, excellence, and tradition.
- Previous coaching experience required (ASCA level 2 or higher preferred).
- 3 + years of year coaching experience.
- Coaching membership in good standing.
- Candidates should have experience that illustrates exceptional communication and motivation skills with children, taking into consideration varied social, emotional, and physical attributes.
- Have an attitude of inclusion and team building.
- Ability to work, train, and instruct multiple practice groups either 5:30-7:30 a.m. & 3:00-8:00 pm or 1:00-6:30 pm every day Monday to Friday, plus Saturday morning. Hours subject to change.
- Must be willing to work and communicate as a coaching team.
- Strong stroke technique background, patience working with younger swimmers, and keep swimming fun mentality.
- Strong customer service and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Must co- work with other Lead Coaches, while working independently with your groups.
- Must attend all scheduled staff meetings, meets, and practices as assigned.
- Knowledge of Hytek Meet Manager, Team Manager, and Team Unify, team administration skills are key.
- Must be energetic, outgoing, a self-starter, and give feedback daily to every swimmer, every stroke, every day!
- Experience with workout and season planning.
- All current USA Certifications.
Opportunity: This position offers a fantastic opportunity for advancement with one of the fastest growing, and rapidly improving clubs. Salary is commensurate with experience. Health care is offered.