with Westfield Aquatics
Westfield Aquatics, formerly Viper Aquatics, located in Westfield, Indiana (northside of Indianapolis Metro area) is seeking a Head Age Group Coach with excellent leadership, communication, team building skills and technical expertise. The Head Age Group Coach will work with the Head Coach to manage the operation of the team and will be supported by a staff of assistant coaches, as well as a volunteer Board of Directors. This position will require approximately 20 hours on deck coaching and 5 hours of administrative work per week. Additional hours will be required on meet weekends.
Westfield, Indiana, is a fast-growing community of 37,000 in the Indianapolis metropolitan area. In addition to an established age-group program of 130 swimmers, we also offer a growing Masters and pre-competitive swim lesson feeder program. The club has year-round use of two 6 lane 25 yard pools; Westfield Middle School (WMS) and Westfield High School (WHS). There is access to a weight room and gym space at Westfield High. Please visit our website at http://www.swimwestfield.org/.
- Manage all aspects of the swim program for competitive swimmers ages 14 & under.
- Create a safe, friendly, positive and productive athletic environment.
- Supervise coaching staff and maintain presence on deck for evening practices.
- Develop and coordinate annual and seasonal plans inclusive of swim meets, team building activities, parent communication, and milestones for each group.
- Work with the Head Coach to develop and maintain age-appropriate dry land programs.
- Attend swim meets that include the participation of swimmers that you coach, additionally as needed by the Head Coach.
- Maintain open communication with parents, coaches, and swimmers and resolve conflicts as needed.
- Maintain positive relationships and communication with pool management at both locations (Westfield-Washington Schools).
- Coordinate meet information, meet entries, meet results, meet publicity, and team travel.
- Embrace our unique culture that values high school swimming, college swimming and our local neighborhood programs.
- Actively promote Westfield Aquatics and the sport of swimming in the Westfield community.
- Must be a US citizen or currently eligible to work in the US, must be in good standing with all USA Swimming safety and background check requirements. ASCA level 2 or equivalent preferred.
- Club coaching experience with a variety of age groups preferred. Strong personnel management skills, administration abilities, and swimming technical expertise is a must.
Pay will be commensurate with experience $20,000-22,000 per year. Additional incentives tied to the success and growth of the program can be offered. In addition the possibility of running our lesson program may be available to the right candidate.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, coaching philosophy statement, resume, and contact information for 3 professional references to Head Coach Darrick Thomas at: [email protected].
with Marlins Of Raleigh Swim Team
The Marlins Of Raleigh Swim Team has a full time position as Site Coach and Pool Manager. MOR is looking for an enthusiastic, organized and driven individual to manage our new facility at Silverton in Cary, NC. and coach the MOR swim team at this site that will be starting from scratch. There are 10,000 swimmers in the local summer league with multiple summer league teams in close proximity of the Silverton Site to draw from.
The Successful full-time candidate should be an accomplished swim coach able to work with ages 8-U –13-14, have pool management skills, CPO license, good people skills, self discipline, and a good team player. They will also be responsible for initiating swim lessons program, and overseeing masters swimming and other aquatic programing. Candidates should have a college degree and all required USA Swimming certifications and pass USA Swimming Background screening. Only individuals who currently reside in the US should apply. This position begins Sept. 1, 2017 or as soon as possible. Compensation will be competitive since it is both pool manager and coach. All Certifications are paid for as well as meet expenses, and advanced education opportunities.
MOR is the #2 ranked Gold Medal Club in USA Swimming Club Excellence Program and had 13 swimmers at the 2016 US Olympic Trials. MOR has grown from 6 to 600 swimmers since 2001, won multiple NC Sr. Championship titles as well as the 2015 Futures Title and has a current full time staff of 9. The Raleigh area was voted the #7 best swim city by USA Swimming.
To apply send resume, 3 references to [email protected] and [email protected] More info is available about MOR at www.marlinsofraleigh.com
with YMCA of the Triangle Area (YOTA) Swim Team
The YMCA of the Triangle Area (YOTA) Swim Team is seeking a career-minded age-group coach to serve as the full-time site director within our program at one of our 9 training sites. YOTA is a 650+ swimmer, coach run and directed program (no parent board) based in Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina.
Qualifications for the position include a minimum of least 3 years of age-group coaching experience. ASCA level 3 certification or equivalent is preferred. Bachelor’s degree is also preferred. The successful candidate should also possess strong leadership, communication, organization and administrative skills. The candidate must be able to adhere to the YMCA vision/core values and work towards fulfilling our YOTA Swim Team mission and vision. The successful candidate will oversee the training and development of our entire age group program at one of our 5 YMCA locations (within the structure and framework designated by our Head Age Group and Head Coach). In addition, this person will be responsible for the day-to-day training and development of 2-3 part-time assistant coaches.
Salary is commensurate with experience; in addition to a generous benefit package of full major-medical, disability, vision, and dental insurance; 12% retirement; paid vacations; YMCA family membership; paid USAS certifications; and reimbursements for meet expenses. Continuing education opportunities (clinics, conventions) also exist and are paid for by the club. The desired start date is as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Team Achievements: YOTA is a perennial USA Swimming Silver Medal club, ranked in the top 20 of the Virtual Club Rankings, and is a Level 4 team in the USA Swimming Club Recognition Program. We continue to be a force at the annual YMCA National Championships. YOTA has a long tradition of producing outstanding swimmers and individuals, both on the national and international levels. During the past few seasons, we have qualified multiple swimmers for the US National Junior Team and the 2014 Youth Olympics, as well as a multitude of swimmers for 2016 Olympic Trials, 2017 World Championship Trials and the US Senior and Junior Nationals. We’ve also had several USA Swimming Top-16 ranked individuals and relays.
Location: The Raleigh / Durham area of North Carolina is annually named one of the top-25 most desirable places to live by numerous publications. Beaches are only a two-hour drive, while the mountains are only three. Surrounded by 3 major universities, the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area is an attractive area in terms of education, sports, and a wonderful lifestyle.
with Decatur Family YMCA
Working with the Aquatic Director, the Head Swim Team Coach will be responsible for the vision, philosophy, administration and operation of the Y-DSC-GATORS Swim Team. Includes the budget planning, annual fundraising, development and administration of staff/coach recruitment, staff/coach training to build and strengthen stroke and technical proficiency to produce champions both in and out of the water, and yearly team goals for all groups. Supervises and leads the assistant coaches, and assists direction of all other Y staff and volunteers supporting the GATORS Swim Team, including and not limited to training plans, progress reports and parent engagement. Works with the marketing team to raise awareness of the GATORS team to recruit new swimmers and retain current swimmers. Communicates and educates families, swimmers, coaches and staff regarding policies and goals. Facilitates and strengthens coaches and staff regarding policies and goals. Facilitates and strengthens relationship with GATORS parent advisory board, including advisory board recruitment.
The Decatur Family YMCA rewards dedicated full-time employees by offering a competitive benefits package that includes paid time off, medical, dental and life insurance, a free family membership at the YMCA and professional development opportunities.
with FINIS, Inc.
The FINIS USA Sales Team is seeking the best and brightest to take our key e-Commerce customers to the next level. This role is responsible for optimizing sales and brand presence on current e-Commerce platforms globally including Amazon, Raketun, e-Bay, Swimoutlet, as well as other strategic players in the e-Commerce field. The position will play a major role in new account acquisition with the e-Commerce platform. The manager will report to the Senior Director of Sales. This candidate will thrive in an energetic, fast-paced environment while maintaining the discipline to be methodical and organized to handle multiple priorities.
This role will have a clear understanding of FINIS brand values and how the brand contributes to the company success. This position will work closely with the appropriate language translation liaisons. The US Sales Team is a part of the FINIS Sales and Marketing team. Sound like you? Great! Tell us your story! We look forward to hearing more about you and why you would be a good fit to our team.
- Develop relationships with e-Commerce customers, working with them to drive sales through web optimization and enhancement of the FINIS brand and customer experience when shopping FINIS, i.e. Amazon, Swimoutlet.
- Identify new, strategic e-Commerce sales opportunities globally
- Executing all new products on all strategic platforms identified
- Improve the FINIS catalogs by controlling the content, reviewing the sales metrics and taking the appropriate actions needed
- Enhance the consumer experience when reviewing FINIS products to land the buy box into the shopping cart
- Increase the ability for consumers to land on FINIS when searching for like swim products
- Optimize all marketing and data-related activities on the various platforms
- Work with the Product Marketing Lead in developing marketing campaigns best suited for driving impressions and ultimately sales to the consumer on strategic platforms identified
- Review analytics through reporting systems to identify areas of success as well as areas needing improvement
- Work with strategic platforms on providing effective forecasts to our Purchasing team.
- Quality control of translation content
- Assist FINIS product development and customer service teams with data from key product reviews
- Identify and secure the services of 3rd party, e-Commerce specialists that work with manufactures concerned about counterfeit product, trademark infringement, MAP pricing and Reviews.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, business, statistics or related field.
- 2+ Years of e-Commerce sales and analytics preferred.
- Extremely well organized and detailed oriented.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and adapt to a changing and fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills, ability to influence all levels of management.
- Strong communication skills in regards to time estimation and project management
- Thrives in team settings, but embraces independence and operates under a self-motivated mindset to tackle large projects
- Highly self motivated
- Excellent computer skills
- Collaborative, team player
- Swimming background appreciated
PAY & BENEFITS
- Base compensation level varies on education and experience levels
- Benefits we offer include:
- Medical and Transportation Flexible Spending
ABOUT FINIS, Inc.
In 1993, Olympic Gold Medal Swimmer Pablo Morales and John Mix founded FINIS in Northern California. The Monofin and the center-mount Snorkel were the first products FINIS developed for the US market, and have since continued to focus on creating training tools for swimmers and coaches worldwide. FINIS products are currently available in over 80 countries.
with NorCal Swim Shop
NorCal Swim Shop is looking for a person to fill a customer service position. The right person will be taking calls from individuals and teams and helping them in obtaining all the swimwear, apparel and equipment necessary to make their swimming experience positive. This will include researching best options, providing recommendations and then following through with all the steps necessary to fulfill the orders. There will be phone work, light web programming work (simple program – easy to learn) Excel work with basic spreadsheets, handling merchandise, packing, shipping, and every day will be different, challenging and fun. Your love of the sport will give you lots of interaction with the swimming community and the ability to help them on the “dry” side in a business that prides itself in customer service and dealing with people…not just a click through. Position is available immediately and located in Napa, CA.
with Bulldog Aquatic Club
The Bulldog Aquatic Club is searching for a Head Age Group Coach to work with swimmers from developmental to Senior level. The Bulldogs are located in Smithfield, RI and practice out of Bryant University. The Bulldogs compete year round as part of a USA Swimming team, with approximately 70 swimmers.
The Head Age Group Coach will assist the Head Coach with running the different groups throughout the year with a focus on the Junior and Age Groups. This is a part time position.
Responsibilities include: Assist the Head Coach with running Age Group practices; assist with seasonal plan, writing daily practices, and ensuring the proper execution of daily (evening) and Saturday morning practices; attend meets as assigned by the Head Coach.
Requirements: American Red Cross First Aid and CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers; Up to date and in good standing with all USA Swimming certifications.
Previous coaching experience preferred.
Compensation is competitive based on experience.
with Mosaic Clubs and Resorts
Private Athletic Club, located in Mount Pleasant, in search of a Head Swim Coach. All candidates must have a minimum of 5 years experience as a Head Swim or Assistant Swim Coach for a large swim team. The Head Swim Coach will be responsible for (1) the well being and safety of all team members, (2) organize the team schedule, (3) provide leadership to assistant coaches, (4) be prompt, dependable, and mature, (5) have great communication skills with parents, (6) possess exemplary communication skills with team members, (7) show a vision for the future of the program, (8) be a positive role model to the team members and within the community, and (9) be CPR and First Aid certified.
Our Club Swim Team consists of a year-round and a summer-only program. Our standards for team member education and growth through the Swim Team is very high. The ideal candidate will have all 9 of the above qualifications and also be a person with high character and personal motivation skills.
with Flyers Aquatic Swim Team
The FAST coaching staff has established a tradition of swimming excellence. We are currently seeking experienced coaches to join our team who are committed to excellence in swimming technique and developing swimmers to their full potential. Ideal candidates can:
- Design, write and facilitate practices and track attendance
- Communicate daily with coaches, parents and swimmers
- Complete meet entries and attend swim meets as guided by the Head Coach
- Develop and execute training plans to achieve season goals based on the philosophy and the long term vision of the program
- Actively and positively promote FAST and the sport of swimming in the community
- Coaching membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
- 3 years of coaching experience with senior and age group level
- Experience with Team Unify, Hy-Tek Meet Manager, and Microsoft applications.
- ASCA Certification Level 3 or equivalent experience
- A college degree
- Coach in good standing with USA Swimming with clear background check
- Current CPR/Safety Training certifications
- Passed USA Swimming’s Athlete Protection Training
- Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience
Send resume, and cover letter to Head Coach Raz Cuparencu [email protected]
See why we are proud to be FAST. It is who we are. It is what we do.
About St. Louis: Our city boasts a wide array of museums, music and theatre venues, and fine dining. The Gateway to the West embraces classic Midwestern values of volunteerism, charity and the arts and is ranked in the top ten charitable cities in the US. Forest Park has 1300 acres of parkland that house the St. Louis Art Museum, the St. Louis Zoo, the St. Louis Science Center, the Missouri History Museum, and the Muny Amphitheatre. The city is home to many higher education opportunities like Saint Louis University, Washington University, University of Missouri-St. Louis, and Maryville University.
with University Place Aquatic Club (UPAC-PN)
Job Posting: University Place Aquatic Club (UPAC) Assistant Coach
The University Place Aquatic Club (UPAC) is searching for a qualified, enthusiastic, and motivated Assistant Coach to join its coaching staff. UPAC is a USAS non-profit swim club composed of 100+ members that is rapidly growing in both membership and quality. UPAC primarily trains at the Curtis High School Aquatic Center in University Place, WA.
Job responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Head Coach to design and conduct a season to season training and meet plan for a specific group of swimmers
- Attend 5-6 practices/week, including weekday practices between 4:30-7:30 pm and Saturday morning practices between 6:00-9:00 am
- Attend approximately 1-2 local swim meets each month
- Other duties as directed by the Head Coach and Board of Directors
Job qualifications include:
- CPR/First Aid/Lifeguard/USA Swimming certified or ability to obtain said certifications prior to start date
- A History of competitive swimming and/or youth coaching experience
- Motivation to help build UPAC in size, quality, and community reputation
This is a part-time, hourly position with wages between $17-$21/hr. commensurate with experience; further opportunities to grow the position and obtain more hours if proven to be motivated. If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to Alex Reed at [email protected]
with Seton Hall University
The assistant coach for diving will assist the head coach in all aspects of the program that participates in NCAA Division I competition. Duties include but are not limited to: coaching, recruiting, coordinating practices, coordinating travel, program development, procuring equipment and other duties as assigned by the head coach. Specifically, this position works with members of the dive team to train them in the proper mechanics of diving. The assistant coach is responsible for the concerns and welfare of his/her student athletes. This includes monitoring the academic performance and furthering the success of the team in meeting academic and eligibility criteria set forth by the university and the NCAA. The assistant coach is responsible for the safety, behavior and appearance of the student-athletes and managers under his/her direction while representing the university. This includes all facets of daily interaction with academic, resident and student life communities as well as all entities involved in travel and competition for away contests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist head coach with all aspects of coaching and instructing.
- Conduct conditioning programs, encompassing recognized and approved methods of improving power, speed, strength and aerobic performance, consistent with industry safety and health standards.
- As a position or event specialist, evaluate student-athletes to identify strengths and deficiencies, and design instructional opportunities to improve technical and strategic execution based on sound motor learning and bio-mechanical principles.
- Assist in conducting and supervising all practice and conditioning sessions, as is deemed appropriate.
- Coordinate the strength and conditioning program with the department strength and conditioning coach.
- Incorporate position specific learning opportunities into daily practice design as directed by head coach.
- As an NCAA certified recruiter, successfully research, scout, evaluate and contact prospective student-athletes while operating within the scope of the department, Big East Conference and NCAA regulations at all times.
- As an on-campus recruiter, collaborate with other department and university staff in designing official and unofficial visits in compliance with all university, Big East Conference and NCAA regulations.
- Establish and develop relationships with appropriate high school and junior college officials, amateur club coaches, and coaches within the sport’s national governing body for public relations purposes, thus positioning the university nationally.
- Assistant Coach is expected to conduct him/herself in a loyal, honest, responsible, ethical and professional manner at all times.
- Conduct periodic review and evaluation of program goals, analyzing findings, identifying areas requiring improvement, and pursuing more efficient methods and processes.
- Develop, maintain, and use master recruit databases to support decision-making, assessments, evaluations, and program review.
- Extract, manipulate, and analyze complex data for recruiting purposes from databases such as the student data warehouse, National Student Clearinghouse, and other data sources.
- Design and maintain historical databases to be used for trend analysis. Conduct analysis and provide support on projects ranging from student athlete enrollment studies to coaching trends.
- Maintain, monitor and archive all required records and paperwork per regulatory requirements (e.g. state, federal and NCAA compliance).
- Maintain documentation of sources of information and completed projects
- Keep current in knowledge about issues affecting the athletic program, including internal and external events, discussions and concerns.
- May be responsible for producing manuals or electronic publications for summer conditioning, technical play books, and team handbooks.
- Assist with or manage awards (e.g. annual participation/letter awards, special achievement award and post-season or championship awards) per departmental policy and NCAA rules.
- In coordination with the Equipment Manager, monitor the condition of equipment and request repairs or replacement as necessary.
- Must understand and comply with all NCAA and Big East rules and regulations at all times.
- Bachelor’s Degree; At least one year experience as a college or club diving coach or student-athlete
- Master’s Degree
Licenses and Certificates:
- Prefer that candidate has passed the most current NCAA Coaches Certification Test, however, it can be administered (and must be passed) once on campus
with Binghamton University
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character – shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life – promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 17,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Assisting in all aspects of a Division I intercollegiate program including instruction, conducting practice and teaching skill development, competition planning, film review, recruiting, budget management, team travel, and scheduling.
Binghamton University in an equal opportunity employer which bases its employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws of the State of New York. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred.
Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience at the Division 1 level is preferred.
with Stony Brook University
Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
Bachelor’s Degree. Three years of coaching and/or playing in the sport of Swimming and Diving. In lieu of college level coaching experience, a combination of four years of coaching at the high school, college, professional or national team level and playing experience at the college, professional, or national team level in the sport of Swimming and Diving will be considered. Understanding of NCAA rules compliance (Played, Coached, or was an administrator in Division I,II, III program). Must have, keep and maintain the appropriate valid NYS Driver’s License; have a motor vehicle record which is free from major violations or a pattern of repeat violations (***Out-of-State Applicants, see “Special Notes”).
Experience with skill instruction. Recruiting experience. Experience in practice/game plan development. Experience in administrative responsibilities (team travel, contest scheduling, budget preparation and administration, facility usage, public relations, marketing, fundraising, community service and other daily operations for the program). Experience in a Division I institution.
Brief Description of Duties:
This position is an Assistant Coach for a Division I program in the sport of Women’s Swimming and Diving and will assist the Head Coach in all aspects of operating a successful program. The primary focus of this position will be placed on the assistant’s use of independent judgment and discretion in the identification & recruitment of prospective student-athletes, their awarding of athletics scholarships, their teaching and skill development of those student-athletes during their athletic and educational tenure at Stony Brook University, and in the extensive daily administrative operations of their respective sport program. In addition, the Assistant Coach will be evaluated on the extent to which he/she provides each student-athlete a positive, meaningful, educational experience through athletics. The Assistant Coach is also expected to execute other program related duties as assigned by the Head Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach. A highly qualified candidate will have both excellent organization and communication skills.
Student-Athlete Teaching and Coaching
Team and Competition Preparation/Skill Instruction: The Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting with the instruction of the student-athletes on how best to perform in their sport. The incumbent will support the Head Coach in teaching all basic and advanced skills required in the sport of Women’s Swimming and Diving. The teaching of these skills and the development of those student-athletes occurs year round during individual skill sessions, team practices, and conditioning sessions (independent of the Head Coach). This includes the independent development and implementation of sound and safe practice plans that successfully prepare the student-athletes with the fundamentals of the specific sport. In addition, the Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in developing a comprehensive and strategic game plan for each scheduled contest throughout the season. This includes, but is not limited to, evaluating upcoming opponents by breaking down game tapes, preparing a scouting report for the student-athletes and advising the Head Coach on making adjustments to the game plan during contests.
Student-Athlete Development – Academic Success and Life Skills:
The Assistant Coach, working in conjunction with the office of Student-Athlete Development, will oversee the academic success of the student-athlete and assist with academic problems. This includes, providing guidance/counseling and support (as necessary) as well as supervising and monitoring study halls (as assigned), checking class attendance, and organizing weekly and monthly (one on one) academic meetings with each student-athlete to track their progress by semester, by major, and by degree requirements. This also includes support of Life Skill Education and the overall mental health and wellness of all student-athletes.
The Assistant Coach will use independent discretion and judgment in identifying student-athletes capable of competing both academically and athletically at Stony Brook University. He/She will play a decisive role in the subsequent active recruitment of those identified student-athletes and more importantly he/she will award athletics scholarships, either independently or in conjunction with the Head Coach. The Assistant Coach is responsible for managing an assigned recruiting territory and identifying prospective student-athletes through thorough research, by independently evaluating talent at local & national events, and initiating correspondence and maintaining relationship with coaches and prospects. The Assistant Coach is responsible for managing a database of prospects and maintaining records of contacts, to remain in compliance with NCAA, Conference and University regulations. The Assistant Coach must propose, manage and adhere to a recruiting budget for each of the events attended.
The Assistant Coach will be responsible for the organization and coordination of a wide variety of administrative tasks as assigned by the Head Coach, which include, but not limited to, team travel, contest scheduling, budget preparation & administration, facility usage, public relations, marketing, fundraising, community service and other daily operations for the program. The Assistant Coach is required to work independently with various support services in the Department of Athletics and campus constituents (i.e. Financial Aid, Admissions, & Registrar) in carrying out these tasks.
NCAA Rules Compliance
The Assistant Coach will be responsible for knowledge of, and adherence to, NCAA rules and regulations pertaining to recruiting, eligibility, and general operation of the Women’s Swimming and Diving program. To be eligible to recruit off-campus, the Assistant Coach must pass the NCAA Recruiting Exam on an annual basis.
Other duties as assigned as appropriate based on rank and departmental mission
* Failure to comply with NCAA regulations can result in suspension without pay, termination, fines, institutional loss of scholarship and bans on post-season competition.
This is a part time appointment. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Minimum salary threshold must be met to maintain FLSA exemption. Night and weekend work will be required.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Stony Brook University is 100% tobacco-free as of January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at www.stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree.
***Out-of-State Applicants: Please note as a condition of employment and in order for this position to be tendered, the successful incumbent will be required to provide evidence of a valid license and driving abstract from the state issuing the license within five business days of a conditional offer and must obtain a NYS driver’s license within 30 days of acceptance of offer.
About Stony Brook:
Stony Brook University, home to many highly ranked graduate research programs, is located 60 miles from New York City on Long Island’s scenic North Shore. Our 1,100-acre campus is home to 24,000 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students and more than 13,500 faculty and staff. SBU is a comprehensive research-intensive university and a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU), which includes 34 public universities among its 62 members. SBU consists of 12 schools and colleges and a teaching hospital that provides state-of-the-art healthcare in the Long Island region. SBU also manages and performs joint research with Brookhaven National Laboratory, the only Department of Energy Laboratory in the Northeast, and shares doctoral programs with Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, a world-renowned molecular biology institute. Home to the Emerson String Quartet, the Pollock-Krasner House in East Hampton, New York, the Humanities Institute, and the Southampton Arts Program, and with endeavors that extend to the Turkana Basin Institute in Kenya and the Ranomafana National Park in Madagascar, SBU sustains an international reputation that cuts across the arts, humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
If you need a disability related accommodation, please call the University Human Resource Services Department at (631) 632- 6161 or the University Hospital Human Resources Department at (631) 444-4700. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (631) 632- 6350. It can also be viewed on line at the University Police website at http://www.stonybrook.edu/police.
For a full position description, or to apply online, visit: www.stonybrook.edu/jobs (Req. # 1701098)
with Hinsdale Swim Club
The Hinsdale Swim Club, a year-round swim club that has operated for over 50 years, is seeking applicants for the position of Age Group Assistant Coach. The Hinsdale Swim Club trains in Hinsdale and Oak Brook. The ideal candidate is passionate about the sport of swimming, is focused on swimmer development and loves children. The candidate will be an assistant coach of our developmental level swimmers ranging in age between 6-10 years old. This position will require 3 late afternoon/evening hours on weekdays, and morning/afternoon hours on weekends.
Qualifications/Expectations: ● Previous Coaching Experience Prefered but will train the right candidate ● Maintain the safety and background check requirements required to be a USA Swimming Coach Member ● Enthusiastic, Energetic, Positive Role Model, Team-Oriented, Good Communicator ● Availability to work evenings and weekends ● US Citizen or Visa Authority to work in the USA Compensation: Pay is based upon experience and will be an hourly wage. The Club will cover the costs of required certifications and USA Swimming membership, as well as reimburse approved professional development fees.
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume to head coach Matt Rowe at [email protected] The Hinsdale Swim Club will be accepting applications immediately and will continue to interview candidates until the position is filled.
with Waterloo Swimming
Waterloo Swimming is looking for energetic and enthusiastic Assistant Coaches to assist with growing our team. We are a Coach-owned, coach led swim club in NW Austin. We own a brand new 50 meter by 25 yard indoor swim center. We own our water!
Our coaching staff comes from all over the country bringing thought leadership to our deck. Come join a swim club that’s is making a mark on USA Swimming!
Duties and skills of an Assistant Coach include but are not limited to:
Teaching proper swim techniques and stroke mechanics,
Overseeing workouts for all practice ages and groups,
Attending all meets and team events,
Interacting effectively with parents,
Keeping records and reports as directed by the Head Coach, Head Group Coach
Maintaining a safe pool environment during practices
Following team, USA Swimming policies, rules and regulations,
Modeling proper dress, language, demeanor, and sportsmanship for swimmers, and
Exhibiting daily a passion for helping swimmers maximize their potential.
Pay will be commensurate with prior coaching experience.
No later than September 30, 2017, candidates should have the minimum USA Swimming certifications. A copy of each certification will need to be provided. For course equivalents, please refer to the USA Swimming Coaches Membership Requirements.
This position will ultimately report directly to the the Head Coach. Daily work assignments and / or communicating with your group may be directed by one of our senior assistant coaches.