with City of Mobile Swim Association
The City of Mobile Swim Association (CMSA) is seeking an energetic and passionate full time Age Group coach. This position will report directly to the Head Coach. This position will be the lead coach with our Age Group Elite and Age Group I-III swimmers.
Duties and responsibilities will be but not limited to:
1) Work with the Head Coach and Head Age Group Coach to develop an age group program that will create and foster a swimmer’s progression for long term success.
2) Create a training plan for their groups and oversee plan development of other groups training plan within the age group program.
3) Administrate and grow Master’s program.
4) Supervise and oversee assistant coaches within age group program.
5) Administrate/grow Mobile Swim and Heron Lakes Summer league team. (With Assistance from the Head Coach)
6) Help maintain teams database, meet entries, and communications through Team Unify system
7) Assist the Head Coach in organizing and running parent education meetings
8) Assist Head Coach with monthly administrative duties.
We are seeking applicants with at least a Bachelor’s degree. An ASCA level 2 certification is desired but NOT a requirement. The applicant should have at least 2 years of CLUB experience OR a high level swimming background(4 year varsity letter as a collegiate athlete or equivalent) and a track record of successful age group CLUB coaching. It is preferred that the applicant is familiar with Meet Manager, Team Manager, and Team Unify programs but not a requirement. The applicant MUST possess excellent organizational and communication skills with the ability to create strong and positive relationships with their swimmers and the parents as well as an enthusiastic desire to learn and improve as a coach. Each applicant must be currently registered and in good standing with USA swimming and have all certifications current.
Compensation will be commiserate with experience while the position will have of additional income based on growth of swim school and summer league programs.
with Eagle Swim Club - Singapore American School
- Help to coordinate and implement the day-to- day operations of co-curricular aquatics program.
- Assist and maintain records for age group and ensuring proper pool maintenance.
- Assist with the development and implementation of, competitive swim program, and life guarding as necessary.
- Consult where needed with development of PS-12 swimming curriculum.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Assist with the development and implementation of age appropriate swim program.
- Consult when necessary for PS-12 swimming curriculum.
- Coach and assist during holiday camps and clinics as directed by Aquatics Coordinator.
- Assist with managing and running swim meets.
- For each role above, complies with all standards and safety procedures.
- Ensures that program areas, equipment and supplies are maintained in an orderly and safe manner.
- Report any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor or the person responsible for those items at your site.
- Follow all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to managing visitors and guests at our facilities.
- Complete all child abuse prevention training as required.
- Assist with completing all other projects as assigned by the Aquatics Coordinator.
- Maintain rosters, records, and manage meet entries.
- Support the interest of the Associations (IASAS, ACSIS) as defined by the SAS.
- Participate in Aquatics-related Research and Development for SAS.
- Assist in the delivery of professional development for Aquatics staff.
- Undertakes training as required.
Your application will be reviewed in relation to the following expectations:
- American Red Cross First Aid & CPR or equivalent
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor or equivalent
- FINA level 2 or equivalent
- Must have 5-7 years aquatics experience with at least 5 years supervisory experience
- Familiarity and experience with Long Term Athlete Development model.
- Able to read, write, and perform basic math. Must possess strong organizational, budgetary, computer, (especially Team Unify Swim Office, Hy-tek Meet Manager, video software and Google Docs) and communication skills; written and verbal.
- Ability to train swim instructors.
- Excellent communication and public relations skills (including online communication, blogs and social media awareness).
- Excellent personal swimming and safety skills.
- Must be mentally alert to dangerous situations in order to assure the safety of all swimmers.
- Physical mobility to properly use aquatic equipment to rescue.
with Eagle Swimming Association
Head (Jr & Sr Programs) Salary based on experience, history,
(11-18 yrs – AA swimmer & above) resume & recommendations
- ASCA Level III or above.
- Must have (or obtain prior to being in deck) certifications in Adult & Pediatric/Child CPR and AED, as well as Safety Training for Swim Coaches (STSC).
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Minimum of 10 yrs. coaching experience
- Passionate about swimming & working with kids
- Knowledge of competitive swimming and all swimming strokes (Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly, Freestyle)
- Must possess / be able to demonstrate:
- leadership skills,
- Decision making ability (in interest of athletes & organization),
- Timely & professional communication (written & verbal) with coaches, parents and swimmers,
- & be willing to follow directives from board / owner.
- Must possess good problem solving skills and have the capability to act rationally and calmly in all situations.
- Ability to work with and maintain professional relationships with staff & high school coaches.
- Must have working knowledge of Team Unify & Hytek – TM & MM.
- Responsible management of team funds.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for developing our Jr & Sr group program swimmers (ages 14-18 – AA swimmers & above) to be ready to compete at the State, Sectional, National & Collegiate levels
- Develop and maintain season and quadrennial plans for the Sr Group that shows increased knowledge of the progression of our age group program and develops innovative techniques that show success and improvement. (This includes yardage and technique goals as well as how the group is being differentiated).
- Responsible for writing a monthly report on the prior month’s success, needs for improvement, and goals for the next month.
- Responsible for attending important Gulf Meetings such as House of Delegates, Board of Directors and Technical Planning meetings and sharing the information on how it impacts ESA.
- Schedule pool time, practices, meets
- Set the next month’s pool rental schedule with the school district liaison by the 15th of each month
- Set up long course pool time during the summer months
- Hire, train, and maintain staff
- Develop contracts for staff
- Responsible for strategic planning such as managing group size, staffing, and determining whether changes need to be implemented for the best of ESA.
- Invoice meet entry fees monthly on Team Unify
- Maintain Team records
- Help maintain ESA equipment
- Send a weekly email with a schedule and events to the senior group.
- Send a monthly newsletter to team with a schedule and events.
- Responsible for developing our Jr & Sr group program swimmers (ages 14-18 – AA swimmers & above) to be ready to compete at the State, Sectional, National & Collegiate levels
- Assist & Mentor Head Age Group Coach as needed.
- Responsible for helping maintain a safe atmosphere by adhering to all USA swimming rules and regulations and providing positive and constructive feedback to our swimmers and parents.
- Attend daily practice Monday – Saturday for Jr & Sr groups, as well as attend meets as scheduled / needed.
- Supervise swimmers in the pool area at all times.
- Teaching/training groups of swimmer between the ages of 14-18 (AA swimmers & High school aged athletes).
- Give instruction and feedback on training & technique
- Communicate with parents and swimmers; meet information, results, and feedback.
- Greet, acknowledge, and interact with members at all times.
- Create an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants.
- Initiate, develop, and maintain positive relationships with all participants
- Provide a safe, clean and organized pool area
- In charge of:
- Setting calendar – practice & meet schedules
- Staffing and staff schedules
- Meet entries
- Staff mentoring & development (including professional development)
- Team / organization planning & development (including help starting & staffing a learn to swim program)
- Plan & Manage Senior Travel trips
- Maintain team practice and master calendars and reporting the monthly calendar to our school district (rental) liaison.
- Run monthly meetings with Staff (and ownership).
- Vacation upon request (two weeks in August and one in March built in as well as one during our Thanksgiving or Holiday Break).
with William Jewell College Men's and Women's Swimming
Duties and Responsibilities
Assist the head swimming coach with:
- Planning, organizing, and directing all activities involved with a Division II swimming program.
- Recruiting, in accordance with college policies and procedures, swimmers who can successfully compete at the Division II level. Planning and conducting on–campus recruiting events for official and unofficial visits. Planning and executing off-campus evaluations of and visits with potential student athletes. Developing a familiarity with and operating recruiting and compliance software.
- Assisting with all home meets and coordinating with departmental operations staff in the conduct of home meets.
- Assisting with all planning of team travel to away meets. Completing travel rosters online of those traveling in compliance with College policies.
- Encouraging and actively monitoring the academic progress of team members.
- Assist in the development and implementation of seasonal, cyclical, and weekly plans for conditioning, skill development, and competitive preparedness of team members.
- Conducting dryland and aquatic practice activities for specific training groups on a daily basis.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of competitive schedules that comply with NCAA rules.
- Assisting with the monitoring and posting on the team website and social media.
- Maintaining knowledge and ensure compliance with NCAA, GLVC, and college rules and regulations.
- Follow college policy of receiving advanced approval for all purchases over $500, any hotel or flight in accordance with the Expense Authorization policy of the College.
- Participating in departmental activities to include potential service on committees and attendance at all athletic department meetings.
- Working with sports information on developing the team media guide.
- Planning and supervising the swimming lesson program.
- Assist in all fundraising opportunities.
- Assist Director of Aquatics with pool operations.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
with Barracuda Swim Club of Northeast Tennessee
HEAD SITE COACH
The Barracuda Swim Club of Northeast Tennessee welcomes qualified candidates to apply for the Head Site Coach position at our Kingsport, Tennessee, location. The target start date is August 15, 2018.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS: The successful candidate will be energetic, knowledgeable in stroke technique and training protocol, have a good rapport with children, interested in working with all levels of swimmers, and passionate about the sport of swimming. The candidate should view swim coaching as a career as opposed to merely a job. An ASCA Level 2 or higher certification is preferred. Current USAS and other required certifications should be current or readily obtainable.
MAIN DUTIES: Plan and conduct yearly, seasonal, and daily training programs; Increase number of swimmers at the Kingsport site; Attend meets; Foster swimmer development via proper stroke technique and age-appropriate training; Communicate effectively with swimmers, parents, and colleagues; Represent the Barracuda Swim Club in the Kingsport and Tri-Cities communities; Work with the aquatic director to schedule practice times; Work with the Head Coach to strengthen and improve the club as a whole; Be an active voting member of the club Board; Administrative duties as assigned.
COMPENSATION: Salary range of $24,000 – $30,000 per year, commiserate with experience. The club also provides a professional education stipend, mileage and expenses to attend meets, reasonable insurance reimbursement, and team growth incentives.
ABOUT THE TEAM: The Barracuda Swim Club is an established year-round USAS club of approximately 160 swimmers operating out of both Kingsport and Johnson City, TN. The Kingsport site currently has approximately 70 swimmers. Swimmers have competed in local, Junior National, and National-level meets. It is a Board-run club with coach representation on the Board. The Kingsport site operates out of the Kingsport Aquatic Center, an indoor 50-meter pool with bulkheads. Kingsport is one of three cities in northeast Tennessee that make up the Tri-Cities area. The area has a reasonable cost of living. The area is close to many outdoor activities and also supports cultural, educational, and recreational venues in town.
with North Central College
North Central College is accepting applications from qualified candidates for the position of Graduate Assistant for the Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving programs. Candidates will be assisting with the following tasks:
- Sourcing and recruiting prospective student athletes that meet NCC admission requirements.
- Scheduling on-campus visits in conjunction with the admissions department.
- Event planning for home competition and alumni events.
- Writing and directing practices.
- Planning team meals and transportation to and from competitions.
- Assisting in administrative duties such as meet entry and results submission.
- Building positive relationships with current team members to motivate and encourage effective training strategies.
- Assisting in follow up of donors and alums.
- Bachelors Degree
- Admission to the Graduate Program at North Central College.
- Firm understanding of the college recruitment process.
- Collegiate swimming experience preferred, but not required.
- Drivers license required
COMPENSATION: full tuition +$3,750 annual stipend
with Camp Little Notch
The waterfront director establishes and oversees all activities in and on the water, assesses camper and staff swimming ability, and safety conditions at the waterfront, and supervises all staff and campers participating in swimming and small craft activities. The waterfront director oversees the lifeguard staff and is responsible for conducting regular rehearsals of emergency procedures and response at the waterfront. As required by the NYS DOH, the waterfront director must have documented previous experience of at least one season as a camp aquatics director at a New York State children’s camp; OR two seasons of at least 12 weeks as a children’s camp lifeguard; OR 18 weeks of previous experience as a lifeguard at swimming pool or bathing beach. Certifications required: WSI or PSI, Lifeguard Supervision/Management, Lifeguard Training, CPR/AED, First Aid. Reports to camp director.
Minimum age 21. Start: Week of June 19 End: August 8
Per diem work available May – October.
Lifeguards assist with activities in and on the water, and supervise campers, staff and guests participating in aquatic activities. Swim lifeguards supervise recreational swimming and give swimming lessons. The small craft lifeguard supervises recreational canoeing, kayaking, and sailing. All lifeguards rehearse and respond to waterfront emergencies as directed by the waterfront director. Strong swimming skills are a must; previous lifeguard or teaching experience highly desirable. Required certifications: Lifeguard Training, CPR, First Aid. WSI, PSI or small craft certifcation a plus. Reports to Waterfront Director.
Minimum age 18 Start: Week of June 19 End: August 8
Per diem work available.
with Boise Y Swim Team
Under the guidance of the Head Coach, the Head Site/Age-Group Coach is responsible for managing the Downtown Branch of the Boise Y Swim Team and for serving as the Head Age-Group Coach for the overall program with an emphasis on safety, volunteer and staff development, team member development, seasonal planning, daily workouts and goal setting, promotion of both competitive swimming and YMCA core values, and integration of team goals within the YMCA mission.
- ASCA Level 3-4 or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Five years of successful coaching experience.
- Current USA Swimming coach certifications (in good standing).
- Ability to develop age-group level swimmers as both high-quality swimmers and high-quality people.
- Ability to develop and implement quadrennial, yearly and seasonal plans, including training cycles and daily workout organization for all competitive events and levels of age-group swimmers.
- Ability to take leadership roles in the competitive swimming professional field, specifically in the YMCA and USA Swimming organizations.
- Ability to work autonomously within the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Ability to build genuine relationships with participants and maintain a welcoming and nurturing environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of participants, parents, YMCA employees, and volunteers, and ability to do so within YMCA parameters.
- Must complete any related YMCA certifications within 90 days of hire.
Commensurate with experience. Expected Range: $28,000-$32,000, plus excellent health, insurance, and retirement benefits.
with Swim Atlanta
Position: Assistant Head Coach
Full-Time with benefits
Salary based on experience
SwimAtlanta Hamilton Mill is currently seeking an assistant head coach for elite level Age Group and Senior swimmers.
Interested candidates should have a passion for the sport, experience with competitive swimming and coaching, excellent communication skills, as well as a strong work ethic and eagerness to learn and grow as a coach and professional. Applicants must have all certifications up to date. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic reliable individual who can not only lead the swimmers but also work well with others. Great organizational skills and time management are essential.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coaching all levels of age group swimmers with a focus on technique and development
- Work with Head Coach to create and implement season plans, prepare meet and practice schedules, and schedule tryouts and substitute coaches
- Attend swim meets
- Help with pool maintenance
- Communicate consistently and effectively with team membership and other team administrative duties
- Office hours
with Executive Swim Club
Swim Coaches at Executive Swim Club at both Manchester, NH and Lowell, MA locations. The Executive Swim Club is a USA Swimming competitive team of 170 swimmers. We have had 2 Olympic Trial Qualifiers in 2016, as well as 7 Junior National qualifiers in the last five years, and numerous USA Swimming Future and Sectional qualifiers and participants. We were a USA Swimming Bronze level team in 2015. Many levels and hours are available to the right candidate, with possibility to lead and run one of the additional sites. Coaching/competitive swim experience is key, to a highly energized and motivated individual with a passion for helping athletes get to another level.
Qualified applicants should have the following:
- USA Swimming certified
- Capable of developing and working with swimmers on proper stroke technique, introductory strength conditioning and goal setting
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, would assist Head Coach in some duties.
- Possibly to lead other Coaches, and assist in scheduling meet and practice hours.
- Cultivate a culture of fun, interactive and competitive atmosphere that motivates swimmers to attain and surpass their goals and expectations
- Ability to positively correspond and communicate with parents
- Demonstrate a commitment to coaching the sport of swimming.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Supplemental income is available.
with Naval Academy Aquatic Club
The Naval Academy Aquatic Club (www.NAAC.ws) located in Annapolis, MD is seeking a qualified assistant swim coaches. We are interested in motivated coaches who enjoy working with swimmers between the ages of 6 and 13. Coaching experience should include:
- ASCA Level 1 certification or higher and/or comparable USA Swimming/summer league coaching experience
- Current USA Swimming certifications and background check or must complete within two weeks of hire
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written, and internet
- Hy-Tek TM/MM experience preferred
- An interest in continuing education
The successful candidate will need to be available to work a regular schedule of evenings during the week and attend most swim meets (one a month). NAAC covers team travel expenses and continuing education.
- Helping lead group coach facilitate practice
- Maintain a safe and positive astrosphere before, during and after practice
- Teaches competitive swimming techniques
- Meet entries
- Effective communication with parents and swimmers
Job Type: Part-time
Salary based on experience
with Flashes Aquatics
Flashes Aquatics is a Level One USA swim club, founded in 2003. FA serves swimmers on the southeast side of Indianapolis. Operating out of the Franklin Central High School Natatorium in Franklin Township, an 8-lane indoor 25y/25m pool with separate diving well, the club has approximately 115 year-round members. FA is a stable club with an excellent foundation poised for continued growth.
Flashes Aquatics is seeking a Head Coach for the competitive swim program with direct coaching responsibilities. The Head Coach is expected to mentor athletes and build a coaching team that will foster growth in the USA Swimming program; producing the highest attainable levels of competitive excellence in individual and team performance. The Head Coach will create a positive environment with open communication for athletes, team parents and the Board of Directors.
- Continue to foster positive team attitudes, encourage self-discipline, sportsmanship, and responsibility.
- Encourage and support growth of the FA club and lessons programs through hands-on interaction with club members and strategic planning.
- Uphold the USA Swimming and FA code of conduct among swimmers and coaches.
Coaching & Training Management
- Design and oversee training/practice plans for all group levels with age group coaches.
- Primary coach of senior training group and ongoing age-group coaching presence.
- Oversee progression of athletes at all levels of the program and work with age group coaches to determine group levels for individual swimmers.
- Develop/promote drills and workouts that support high performance athletes at all levels of the program.
- Onboard, train, and continually develop the entire coaching staff.
- Manage all schedules for club practices, coaches, lifeguards, and lessons programs that maximize pool resources and swimmer development.
- Management and recruitment of coach staff. Conduct bi-annual performance evaluations coaches.
- Promote and participate in FA community initiatives with coaches and athletes.
- Select seasonal meets for the club to attend. Oversee all meet entries/event selections. Plan and facilitate sanctioned intra-squad meets.
- Manage budget provided for coaching salaries, equipment, and other club functions as necessary.
- Participate in Board Meetings on a quarterly basis or as otherwise scheduled.
- Coordinate use of the FTCSC pool and other facilities.
- Minimum of three years coaching experience.
- College degree preferred but not required.
with Sailfish Aquatics
Sailfish Aquatics is currently a 280 member swim club located in Huntersville and Concord NC. We will be expanding in the upcoming season. The successful candidate(s) will work closely with the head coaches to administer our progressive aquatics program that promotes good sportsmanship, team unity, family participation and the overall development of swimmers. We will be hiring full time and part time coaches.
Responsibilities: 1) Direct coaching and teaching of swimmers, primarily age 12 and under 2) Collaboration with the head coaches to understand the curriculum 3) Parent communication is critical to this position 4) Assist other coaches when necessary 5) Develop yearly training plan 6) Attend 1 to 2 meets per month
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience.
Candidate Qualifications: The successful candidate should possess current USA Swimming coach certifications (in good standing with both and must pass all appropriate background checks. A Bachelor’s Degree is desired. Candidates should have experience that illustrates strong work ethic, teaching and management skills and communication and motivation skills. Interested applicants should forward a cover letter outlining your interest along with a resume or vitae and at least three references.
with Murray Youth Swim Team
MYST Age Group Coaching Position
Murray Youth Swim Team (MYST) is a parent-owned 501(c)3 non-profit organization serving Murray and surrounding communities in Western Kentucky. MYST is in a solid financial position, with a supportive parent-led Board and volunteer groups committed to providing for the team and supporting the coaching staff.
We are a growing, year-round competitive team with 50 swimmers, with abilities ranging from novice to Sectionals. We use two facilities for our practices sessions (indoor – 25-yard pool and outdoor – 25-meter outdoor pool). We have access to an additional indoor pool for the winter session when and if our numbers require it. We partner with Murray State University for our home meets.
Our current coaching staff consists of two part-time assistant coaches (USA Swimming Certified) and a full-time head coach (ASCA Level 2 and USA Certified).
About the Position: MYST is seeking an “Age Group Coach” to oversee all novice and developmental programs and to be an instrumental part of a learn to swim program. The successful candidate will work closely with the head coach and parent board to administer our progressive aquatics program that promotes good sportsmanship, team unity, family participation and the overall development of swimmers.
Responsibilities: 1) Direct coaching and teaching of swimmers, 2) Guidance of the assistant coaches and instructors (part-time and volunteer) to execute programs that allow swimmers to reach full potential and progress through our program. 3) Collaboration with the head coach to fulfill the parent board’s strategic plan and team’s mission. On deck coaching time ranges from 15 to 18 hours a week.
Salary and Benefits; Hourly wage will be commensurate with experience. MYST pays for USA/ASCA membership, professional development and attendance at clinics. Potential for more hours with learn-to-swim lessons and clinics.
Candidate Qualifications: The successful candidate should have swum competitively, coaching and swim instructor experience. All candidates should possess current ASCA and USA Swimming coach certifications (in good standing with both), current certification as a Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (or equivalent) and must pass all appropriate background checks. A Bachelor’s Degree is desired. Candidates should have experience that illustrates strong work ethic, teaching and management skills and communication and motivation skills. Interested applicants should forward a cover letter outlining your interest along with a resume or vitae and at least three references.
Please apply via email to: John Wand via http://www.teamunify.com/kymyst or [email protected]. Candidates must be available for travel to Murray for an interview. MYST will reimburse 50% of travel expenses to all candidates and 100% to the successful candidate (receipts required). Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
with High Desert Aquatics Barracudas
Our team is a year round competitive swim team seeking a high quality professional head coach and technique instructor for all ages and abilities. We suddenly lost our head coach and are in search of someone to lead our club. We are High Desert Aquatics Barracudas, a small group of dedicated swimmers, coaches and parents in the high desert swimming at Silverado HS in Victorville. I realize that many of you aren’t anywhere close to Victorville but please put the word out. Our club has decades of history that we are trying to continue and we could use a break right now. Sincerely.