with Greater Toledo Aquatic Club
The Greater Toledo Aquatic Club, a year-round swim club that has operated for over 50 years, is seeking applicants for the position of Age Group Assistant Coach. The Greater Toledo Aquatic Club trains in Toledo, OH at St. Francis de Sales High School. The ideal candidate is passionate about the sport of swimming, is focused on swimmer development and loves children. The candidate will be an assistant coach of our developmental level swimmers ranging in age between 6-10 years old. This position will require 3 late afternoon/evening hours on weekdays, and morning/afternoon hours on weekends.
- Previous Coaching Experience Preferred but will train the right candidate
- Maintain the safety and background check requirements required to be a USA Swimming Coach Member
- Enthusiastic, Energetic, Positive Role Model, Team-Oriented, Good Communicator
- Availability to work evenings and weekends.
Pay is based upon experience and will be an hourly wage. The Club will cover the costs of required certifications and USA Swimming membership, as well as reimburse approved professional development fees.
with Pittsburgh Elite Aquatics (PEAQ)
Pittsburgh Elite Aquatics (PEAQ) is currently seeking to fill several coaching positions.
A Junior/Senior Coach to work with 13 & over swimmers. This position would also have the potential to work with the Upper St. Clair School District and the Chartiers Valley School District as a high school and/or middle school coach.
An age group coach to work with 12& under swimmers.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following qualifications:
- Experience with a USA Swimming or YMCA competitive swimming program with a team of at least 100+ swimmers ages 7 to 18 is preferred but not required
- Desire and passion for developing swimmers of all ages
- Expertise with current technique development and training methodologies
- Strong communications skills
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated team player
- Experience competing at the collegiate level is preferred but not required
- All required USA Swimming certifications and background checks must be obtained prior to start date
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, creating and implementing practices that maximize the abilities of all swimmers. This is a part-time position with hourly wages and the rate is commensurate with the candidate’s background and experience. Candidate must be available to work weekends.
with Westchester Aquatic Club
Westchester Aquatic Club is seeking qualified applicants for the following position: FULL-TIME AGE GROUP / SENIOR COACH who is energetic, knowledgeable, and able to communicate with parents, fellow coaches and swimmers of all ages. Candidates must be able to work as part of a coaching team and with one or more groups in the age-group and senior programs.
Previous coaching experience required (ASCA level 2 or higher preferred).
3 + years of USA coaching experience preferred.
Ability to work, train, and instruct multiple practice groups 4 hours per day, and some mornings (as needed).
Strong stroke technique background & teaching base.
Strong customer service and decision making skills.
Excellent verbal and communication skills.
Must take direction from the Head Coach but have the ability to work independently.
Knowledge of Hytek Meet Manager, Team Manager, and Team Unify, team administration skills are key.
Must be energetic, give positive feedback daily to every swimmer, and a self-starter.
Experience with workout and season planning.
Experience with Dryland Training.
Coach in good standing with USA Swimming with clear background check
Current CPR/Safety Training certifications
Passed USA Swimming’s Athlete Protection Training
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
with Wilmington College Men's and Women's Swimming Team
Wilmington College seeks qualified applicants for the part-time swimming intern. Wilmington College is a Division III member of the NCAA and a member of the Ohio Athletic Conference.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recruiting swimming student-athletes
- Recruiting sufficiently to meet overall enrollment goals by gathering prospects, igniting interest and working to arrange visits for prospective student athletes
- Assisting with home meet management
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics
This is a part-time, two-year appointment. The successful candidate will receive a stipend, room and board for the duration of appointment.
The position reports directly to the Head Coach, Director of Athletics, as well as works directly with the Office of Admissions.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
with Bellingham Bay Swim Team
Bellingham Bay Swim Team has an immediate opening for an experienced, dynamic, highly
skilled and energetic Head Coach.
Title: BBST Head Coach
Reports to: BBST Board of Directors
Position Status: Full-time – Exempt
Located on Bellingham Bay with Mount Baker as its backdrop, Bellingham (population 85,000)
is the last major city before the Washington coastline meets the Canadian border. It’s 85 miles
north of Seattle and 50 miles south of Vancouver, B.C.
Bellingham is an acclaimed outdoor recreation haven and known for its subdued, healthy and
authentic vibe. It’s been named “Best Place to Play Year Round,” “Adventure Town USA,” and
“Best Place to Retire and Live,” by various media. While many come here to play hard and
sweat, others take in the scenery, laid-back vibe and relax.
Please check out these links for additional information on Bellingham:
Info on Bellingham Schools:
The Bellingham Bay Swim Team (BBST-PN), (www.bellinghambayswimteam.org) of Bellingham,
Washington (USA) is seeking a dynamic, motivated, highly skilled Head Coach for its yearround
competitive swim program.
We are seeking an ASCA level 4 or higher Head Coach for our competitive swim team, but may
consider the right candidate with a lower ranking. BBST is a USA Swimming affiliated team
with a 22-year history. We currently have 130 swimmers in six progressive training groups:
Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Senior & Elite who train year-round with a staff of 4 certified
coaches. These groups are designed to provide athletes with a fun team atmosphere where
swimmers of similar ability and commitment practice together and TEAM is emphasized in a
BBST has swimmers from beginning age group to nationally-ranked athletes and relays. This
includes numerous zone and junior national level athletes along with a 2016 USA Olympic Trials
Qualifier & current member of the 2017 USA World Junior Championship Team.
Many of our BBST alumni have gone on to swim collegiately at top-ranked universities,
including the University of Pacific, Loyola Marymount University, Denison University, Kenyon
College and the University of Vermont. BBST is a nonprofit 501c3 organization under the
direction of a volunteer parent run Board of Directors elected annually by the membership.
Our current BBST coaching staff is exceptional. Members of our staff include the 2016
Developmental Coach of the Year for Pacific Northwest Swimming. Our Head Age Group
Coach has years of experience with several large clubs in the Washington D.C. area, and has
been responsible for developing the core of our team during the past 4 years. Our strength coach
is currently a nationally-ranked All American USMS swimmer, personal trainer, and certified
coach in kettlebell training and Advanced Rolfing.
The mission of the Bellingham Bay Swim Team is to provide an environment for swimmers to
develop exceptional character through discipline and commitment to our shared values in the
pursuit of excellence in competitive swimming.
● Establish an environment that fosters positive team attitudes and encourages selfdiscipline,
sportsmanship and responsibility.
● Develop and maintain seasonal and quadrennial plans for the progression of our age
group program and develops innovative techniques that show success and improvement.
(This includes yardage and technique progressions, as well as how the groups are being
challenged through competition and differentiated for movement up the team roster
● Develop and implement team and individual goals with the swimmers and the Board of
Directors, and monitor the progression of the athletes and team in reaching these goals.
● Design swimming and dryland curriculums for all BBST roster levels to promote stroke
development and physical conditioning appropriate for the athletes’ current level of
fitness and physical/emotional development, while maintaining an appropriate level of
challenge necessary to produce improvement in speed, fitness, and progression to the
next team roster level.
● Provide social/emotional support for athletes and differentiated programming to meet
each athlete’s needs.
● Demonstrate a cooperative, responsive and respectful communication style with
swimmers, parents, community members, staff, and Board.
● Effectively supervise and delegate responsibilities for a staff of 3-5 coaches. This
includes practices as well as meets.
● Practice continuous improvement and professional development for self and assistant
coaches; work to achieve next level of certification.
● Oversee all aspects of daily club operation in support of the swimmers, membership, and
team mission and values. Strong organizational skills are a must.
● Prepare and present monthly Coach’s Report at Board of Directors’ meeting.
● Conduct monthly staff meeting with assistant coaches.
● Communicate with other teams and/or PNS regarding meet participation and entries.
● Maintain and update website information regarding practice schedules, meet entries,
● Various administrative functions such as pool scheduling.
● Participate in monthly Board meetings as the board’s chief advisor. Head Coach is an Ex
Officio non-voting member of the board.
● Work with the Board to ensure club mission, vision and values are achieved.
● Act as a team representative while attending LSC meetings.
● Maintain accurate records of individuals and relay performances, meet participation,
practice attendance and more.
● Develop, and implement BBST Board policies and procedures.
● Maintain professional standard of safety, appearance and readiness.
● Facilitate and participate in club fundraisers.
● Must be CPR/AED certified and maintain current coaching certification.
● ASCA level 4 but may consider the right candidate with a lower ranking.
● Strong track record as an outstanding technical swim coach with demonstrated leadership
and communication skills.
● Advanced experience coaching various ages and skill levels in a competitive
● High-level swimming experience at the club and collegiate level.
● Experienced with TeamUnify and HyTek
● Ability to set and achieve individual and team goals and encourage others to do the same.
● ASCA level 4 or higher
● Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
This is a year round, salaried position with opportunity for performance and fundraising based
incentives. Starting salary will be based on qualifications and experience and typically begins
between $50,000 and $60,000 annually.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES & DUE DATE
Position is open until filled. For priority consideration, submit application materials by
September 5, 2017. All application materials should be sent to [email protected]
A complete application consists of:
● Letter of application detailing relevant experience and how the applicant is prepared to
fulfill the responsibilities of the position
● Statement describing the applicant’s coaching philosophy
● Current resume
● List of three current references with contact information
● Salary expectations
Links about the Bellingham Bay Swim Team:
with Truman State University
“Truman State’s Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming coach is a full-time, 12-month position responsible for all phases of the swimming program in a manner compatible with department and University philosophies.”
The following primary responsibilities will include:
- recruitment of prospective student-athletes in coordination with Office of Admissions
- administering swimming grant-in-aid program
- coaching, mentoring, and retaining student-athletes
- in-season practice and meet planning; out of season conditioning
- compliance with NCAA Division II, GLVC, and Truman State University rules and regulations
- managing swimming operations budget including equipment, travel, recruiting, etc…
- fundraising and alumni, community, and media relations
Additional secondary responsibilities will include teaching duties within Department of Exercise Science.
Required qualifications include: a bachelor’s degree; demonstrated effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; collegiate swimming coaching and/or competing experience; knowledge of and commitment to NCAA rules; commitment to academic success and student-athlete well-being. Also must be able to overnight travel for competition with most travel occurring during weekends.
Preferred qualifications include: a master’s degree; NCAA coaching/recruiting experience; and understanding of Truman State and the Division II philosophy.
with Greenwich Marlins - GRYM
The Greenwich Marlins, a U.S.A Swimming Level 3 Club in Greenwich, CT, has openings for two experienced age group coaches. These include both full-time Head Age Group Coach as well a part-time coaching position with the Junior and Senior Team. We are seeking communicative, energetic and experienced coaches willing to help the team reach its short and long term goals. The team is looking for motivated candidates that enjoy working with age group swimmers. Applicants must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work under the direction of the Head Coach
- Complete meet entries and attend all meets as required
- Respond to parent questions and provide their group with weekly updates
- Must be proficient in (or learn to use) Team Unify / HyTek software
- Competitive Salary commensurate with experience.
- Benefits Package for full time hire
with Urbana University
Urbana University, a branch of Franklin University, has an opening for a full-time Women’s and Men’s Swimming Coach and Pool Facilities Coordinator.
The head coach is responsible for all aspects of the swimming program to include successfully organizing and implementing a recruiting/retention plan, integrating the program into the campus community, oversight of pool maintenance and athletic weight room maintenance, supervising practice/contests, management of program budget, fundraising to support the program, supporting student-athlete success and managing the program in accordance with department/university/MEC/NCAA rules and regulations. Additional duties may be assigned by the Executive Director of Athletics.
In addition, as the Pool Facilities Coordinator, this individual is also responsible for securing and scheduling certified lifeguards, completing their pay sheets and evaluations, pool scheduling, securing pool rental contracts and copies of insurance, issuing invoices for pool rental, maintaining all contracts and licenses with the State of Ohio, as well as ordering and monitoring all chemicals for the swimming pool.
A Bachelor’s degree is required with a Master’s degree being preferred. Prior collegiate coaching and swimming experience is desired with demonstrated success building and promoting a program. The successful candidate will have prior experience with athletic fundraising, alumni relations and community engagement in addition to well established recruiting networks. Candidates should possess excellent interpersonal and communications skills and a commitment to the academic and life skills development of student-athletes. Finally, we seek someone with effective administrative skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office.
About Urbana University
Founded in 1850, Urbana University serves more than 1800 students from around the world from its 128 acre campus nestled in the historic city of Urbana, Ohio. Known for innovative academic programs that feature personal attention from faculty, the University offers more than 30 undergraduate programs and several graduate degrees, delivering course work in class, online, or a combination of both. Blue Knights athletics includes 15 NCAA Division II sports along with intercollegiate bowling, cheerleading, and shooting sports.
Urbana University is committed to providing a safe workplace and learning environment for all employees, students, and visitors, as well as committed to protecting University property and operations. It is the intent of the University to ensure a safe and secure environment by conducting criminal background checks on all individuals who have received an offer of employment with the University, and to comply with all relevant state, federal and local laws governing employment and background screening in its administration of this policy. To view our pre-employment policy, please click here.
Urbana University does not discriminate on the basis of age, religion, race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, immigration status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, disability, or veteran or military status.
with Occidental College
RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES: Reports to both Aquatics Head Coaches and assists in all phases of the
2017/18 Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving and Water Polo seasons. Assists the coaching staff
with the organization and direction of all aspects of the NCAA Division III Swim and Dive and Water Polo
teams. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
● Assisting with water and dryland workouts
● Recruitment of prospective student-athletes
● Hiring and managing a lifeguard staff
● Event management duties for home water polo games and swim meets.
SALARY: $22,000 paid over 11 months, paid $1,000 bi-weekly. There are also opportunities to make additional income through working with our swim lesson academy and summer swim team. This position is not eligible for benefits and is limited to 30 hours per week.
with British Swimming
British Para-Swimming is seeking a National Performance Centre Assistant Coach to support the Lead National Performance Centre Coach with the technical and operational delivery of the World Class programme within the Manchester National Performance Centre (NPC).
We are looking for someone with demonstrable coaching experience with both junior and senior swimmers at club level, within a team environment. The successful candidate will also have a minimum of a UKCC Level 2 Qualification in Coaching.
If you feel you have the suitable skills and attributes for this position then we would like to hear from you.
with Portland Porpoise Swim Club
The Portland Porpoise Swim Club is Hiring an Assistant Coach! This coach will primarily work with our oldest swimmers (Senior Age Groups) during their morning practices from 5:15 -7:15 AM, 5-6 days per week. The candidate will also help to run our afternoon and evening dryland sessions a few days per week. Attendance at weekend meets once per month will be very important, particularly when the Senior groups are competing. The assistant coach will work directly alongside the Head Coach to lead a large and diverse group of high school aged swimmers with a wide range of training needs and abilities. The ideal candidate should share a passion for the sport of swimming and enjoy furthering the development of their swimmers. They need to be reliable, set a good example and have the ability to lead the team when the head coach is unavailable. This part time position will offer 15-20 hours per week, and will be paid a competitive hourly rate of $15 - $18 per hour, based upon experience.
The coaching staff of the Porpoises prides itself on the team’s ability to train for as well as compete in every event, regardless of distance or discipline. We are committed to the holistic development of all of our athletes. Porpoise coaches are passionate about swimming and impart that passion and their knowledge to our young athletes in a positive and constructive environment. The team’s mission is to provide a foundation of success that transcends the sport of swimming. Our coaches reinforce this message with their swimmers every day.
The anticipated start date for this position is 9/5/17. Preference will be given to candidates with a background in dryland training and/or physiology as well as experience in competitive swimming, particularly USA Club swimming. Experience in college swimming is also desirable but not necessary to apply for the position. Red-Cross CPR and Lifesaving as well as all USA Swimming training and registration requirements must be in place prior to starting work with the Club. The Club will reimburse costs for training the right candidate.
with Rose Bowl Aquatics
Age group coaching position available at Rose Bowl Aquatics. One position will fall either within the 11-14 age groups or the 13-18 age groups. Positions will be filled by best available candidates for the TEAM, including external and internal candidates. Candidates will be expected to lead their groups within the Rose Bowl philosophy, foster a true TEAM environment, and work as a TEAM of coaches to help Rose Bowl and each and every swimmer reach their potential in and out of the water.
New season begins Aug 28th and the hope would be to have someone join as soon as possible from that point.
with Rowan Aquatic Club
Rowan Aquatic Club YMCA (RAC-Y), a 120 member YMCA-USA team, is accepting applications for the part time position of Lead Site Coach at the Stanly County Family YMCA (SCFY) in Albemarle. The Stanly County YMCA RAC location has approximately 50 members from beginner to experienced Senior swimmers, training in a 25 yard, 6 lane pool. This is generally an on deck position, coaching 5 days per week and approximately one meet per month. Greater responsibility and opportunities for advancement may be possible with further membership and programming growth. The Lead Site coach will work under the direction and guidance of the Swim Team Director, and will also work with the Aquatics Director on site.
Qualifications and requirements
- College degree or equivalent experience in swimming technique and performance
- Excellent verbal and written communication and Microsoft Office, Hy-Tek skills preferred
- USA Swimming Coaching certification, or willingness to become certified within 60 days
- Ability to work professionally as part of a team of enthusiastic coaches and volunteers
- Work within the season plan to write and submit pool and dryland practices
- Passion for teaching and working with children of all ages and abilities
In addition the candidate must be able to adhere to YMCA core values and continually work towards fulfilling the RAC-Y mission and vision. This is a great opportunity to develop coaching expertise while working within a growing and motivated club environment. To apply please contact Hannah Hawkins at [email protected] and include resume and cover letter.
with Salina Aquatics Club
The Head Swim Coach position is a part-time, year-round position based in Salina, KS. The head coach will be expected to coach a minimum of three practices weekly, to coach swim meet sessions for meets attended by the club, and to dedicate approximately six to eight hours monthly toward administrative duties. The Head Coach reports directly to the Board of Directors.
As a key leader of our team, we are seeking an experienced coach who serves as a motivational figure who inspires high morale, encourages recruitment of new members, builds team cohesiveness, communicates effectively and provides positive feedback.
● Serve as deck coach for a minimum of three workouts a week
● Open/close the pool
● Supervise assistant coaching staff, including organizing and overseeing workouts and practice schedule and ensuring that the weekly workouts are staffed on an ongoing basis by qualified coaches
● Prepare workouts in advance taking into account the varying skill levels of the swimmers
with The Fort Belvoir Swim Team, Inc.
Fort Belvoir Swim Team, Inc. (FBST)
FBST is a vibrant team located in the Northern Virginia area. We keep growing and are seeking a full-time coach and a part-time coach. Our areas of coaching include Arlington and the city of Alexandria Virginia which are close to Washington DC, inside the beltway and Fairfax County. Fairfax County Virginia is the largest county in the Washington, D.C. area. It is inside and outside the beltway. Fairfax County VA includes Falls Church, Reston, Tysons Corner, McLean, Great Falls, Fairfax, Oakton, Springfield, Burke, Annandale, Chantilly, Centreville and Clfiton. We also draw swimmers from the District of Columbia and the State of Maryland. FBST operates within the Fairfax County Recreation Centers. These Centers offer terrific facilities in which to train. We seek coaches with passion to teach and train young swimmers to love the sport. You must have passion, integrity, and perseverance for the sport and the ability to convey quality instruction by making it fun. We are not a yardage based program; we are a technique based program. You must subscribe to this philosophy and bring with it a great attitude. We also seek coaches who wish to learn meet management and be involved in various administrative tasks. This is a great opportunity to learn and obtain viable options for growth with our program. If you have interest please send your credentials to: [email protected] or call Head Coach/CEO Mark Murray at 240-605-7421, www.fbswim.org