Date posted: June 22, 2021
Location: 1 John Carroll Blvd, University Heights, OH, USA
with John Carroll University
The Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach works under the Head Swimming and Diving Coach providing support for the recruitment of student-athletes, organization of the program and implementation of practice and swim meet plans. This includes, but is not limited to identifying and connecting with prospective student-athletes, communication with athletes, preparation of facilities, distribution and care of equipment, creating social media content and coordinating travel arrangements.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Serve as the primary recruiting coordinator by identifying, contacting and logging recruit communications for all prospective student-athletes.
- Send emails using Slate on a regular basis to prospective student-athletes.
- Coordinate recruiting visits with Admissions, Head Coach and various academic departments across campus.
- Ensure unofficial and official visit itineraries for prospective student-athletes are in compliance with NCAA requirements.
- Create a social media calendar and be responsible for regular postings on various team social media channels.
- Assist the Head Coach in elements of practices and meets to include preparation, effective execution of drills, one-on-one development and fulfillment of meet day responsibilities.
- Assist the Head Coach with the development of a successful training program, including a practice-writing leadership role for a specific training group.
- Set up in advance of home swim meets to ensure that computer, scoreboard and logistical items are fully functioning and run throughs are completed prior to warm ups.
- Help coordinate all administrative requirements for team travel arrangements including, but not limited to, lodging and dining.
- Assist with uniform and apparel ordering.
- Maintain current alumni database.
- Help to write and publish electronic newsletters to alumni, program supporters and stakeholders.
- Work in conjunction with the Head Swimming and Diving Coach and the Strength and Conditioning Coach to design and implement targeted development and training programs appropriate to the specific needs of athletes and teams.
- Assist in the development of community outreach programs, and promotional activities in collaboration with internal staff, and assist in approved fundraising activities as designated by the head coach.
*This is a 10-month benefits-eligible position.
Date posted: June 22, 2021
Location: 3200 California Street, San Francisco, CA, USA
with Jewish Community Center of San Francisco
The Aquatics Program Manager of the JCCSF oversees all aspects of aquatic operations and programming including safety standards, Swim School, budget oversight, customer service, business operations and facility upkeep. The Aquatics Program Manager provides strong, effective leadership and guidance to aquatics staff, members, and participants.
- Hire, supervise, train, and evaluate the Assistant Aquatics Program Manager and all department administrative staff.
- Ensure that the Aquatic Facility maintains exceptionally high safety standards with lifeguards proactively trained and evaluated.
- Ensure that the JCCSF Swim School (group and private lessons) are managed to the highest quality standards while maintaining strong enrollments and exceptional customer satisfaction.
- Set policy and operating standards for all aquatic functions including: safety, customer service, staff accountability, programming, member services, etc. Ensure these standards are consistently met.
- Develop, manage, and oversee the Aquatic operating budget.
- Meet and exceed revenue and performance goals.
- Report as required on performance and variances.
- Manage and oversee business operations and systems including: administrative staff, registration, payroll, record maintenance and staff/participant communication.
- Manage and determine the Aquatic Facility’s needs, including appropriate pool scheduling and usage allocation.
- Partner with JCCSF Building Services to ensure mechanical and chemical systems are safe, proactively maintained and in good working order.
- Manage all member services including: Swim School, lap swim, pool use rules, and schedules. Ensure that the needs of our membership are being served.
- Provide ongoing coaching and constructive feedback to staff. Evaluate staff per JCCSF evaluation policy procedures and timeframe.
- In conjunction with the JCCSF Marketing Department, coordinate and execute an ongoing program marketing strategy.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the Director of Internal Operations & Aquatics regarding program/facility/staff needs, challenges and successes.
- Perform Lifeguarding duties as needed.
- Additional duties as required.
- Minimum of three years Senior Aquatic Program/Facility Management experience, including:
- Direct responsibility for pool operations including safety standards, staff supervision, facility maintenance, budgeting, business operations, financial performance/oversight and program development/management.
- Knowledge of and experience with managing various swim school models.
- In-depth knowledge of safety procedures.
- Strong Aquatic background including:
- Current Certified Pool Operator (CPO) or Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) certification (can be obtained within first 6 months of hire)
- Current Lifeguard and Lifeguard Instructor Certification required (Lifeguard Instructor Trainer Certification a plus)
- Significant experience as a swim instructor.
- Experience supervising an aquatic staff including Aquatics Management, Lifeguards, and Swim Instructors.
- BA/BS required, advanced degree preferred in relevant fields (such as Recreation, Sport Management, Business Management).
- Experience developing and managing a large operating budget (at least $400k in size).
- Strong leadership qualities such as:
- Coaching and supervisory skills and experience, focused on team building and growth.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and inspire a large and diverse staff team.
- Attention to detail
- Personal responsibility, accountability, and motivation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Professional presence and demeanor.
- Focus on customer service.
- Advanced skills in CRM systems, MS Office, and the ability to learn new business software programs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage time effectively.
Benefited, exempt, supervisory position, $75K – $80K salary
Date posted: June 22, 2021
Location: 12332 Ranch Road 620 North, Austin, TX, USA
with Waterloo Swimming
Waterloo Swimming (WLOO) is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable Swim Coach to direct/lead one of our Age Group swim groups (10U). You get the opportunity to work with a team that’s an ASCA Top 25 Team, Texas Top 5 TAGs Team, and Top 40 VCC Team in the US for the past two years. Candidates should be able to show technique driven processes and improvements in swimmers at this level.
Duties and skills of the Lead Swim Coach include but are not limited to:
- Abide by the American Swimming Coaches Association Code of Ethics, the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and Waterloo Swimming policies and procedures.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with our curriculum, practice schedules, and be supportive of the overall philosophy and direction of Waterloo Swimming.
- Grow, coach, oversee, and manage our Waterloo Swimming program by writing and executing workouts, attending meets, entering swimmers into meets via software, running clinics, and social functions. Teach proper swim techniques and stroke mechanics
- Is willing and motivated to work/be involved on multiple fronts within the organization- leading or assisting with fundraisers, special events and team-builders, clinics, camps, evaluation process, attend home and away meets, and participate in coaches’ education opportunities.
- Assist other coaches/instructors as needed within Waterloo Swimming and communicate regularly with counterpart group coaches. Recommend group practice assignments for each swimmer. Substitute for other coaches as needed. Prepare and submit swimmers’ meet entries and attend assigned swim meets.
- Interact effectively with parents
- Keep records and reports as directed by the Head Age Group Coach. Maintaining a safe pool environment during practices (water quality checks/pool area clean up/etc)
- Model proper dress, language, demeanor, and sportsmanship for swimmers. Exhibit daily a passion for helping swimmers maximize their potential
- Possess USA Swimming certifications and credentials commensurate with the position.
- Work with the Waterloo Leadership Team to make the program the preeminent swim program in Texas. Work within our Waterloo culture of being an Athlete-Centric center of excellence; getting Results through FUNdamentals; supporting Attendence+Effort=Success philosophy; and, building out our #swimfamily culture
Date posted: June 21, 2021
Location: Walter Graham Aquatic Center, Alamo Drive, Vacaville, CA, USA
with VACAVILLE SWIM CLUB
Vacaville Swim Club located in Nor-Cal/Sierra Nevada Swimming is currently in search of a Head Age Group Coach for three of our 13 and under swim groups and coach some master’s workouts.
The ideal candidate brings energy to the deck, creating an environment that is both fun and focused.
They are good at creating healthy relationships with athletes and their families.
They are passionate about developing a positive team culture.
• Create an energetic and cooperative practice environment.
• Lead structured practices in the afternoons year-round.
• Create thorough, age-appropriate workouts that support long term development of athletes.
• Attend swim team events such as meets, meetings, board meetings, social events, etc.
• Engage athletes and parents, cultivating relationships to create a collaborative swim team
• Communicate weekly with parents, athletes, and other VACAVILLE Coaching staff.
• Strong knowledge of stroke technique and training methods for 13 and under.
• Ability to effectively communicate appropriate group goals and drill progressions to swimmers, other coaches on staff and parents when necessary.
• Strong relationship building skills.
• This position would require 40 hours/week to include on deck coaching, administrative
responsibilities, planning and communication weekly; plus; planning and attending swim meets as scheduled.
• We are a non-profit organization, board run, swim team with about 180 swimmers and 70 masters.
• Compensation is a salaried position and dependent on experience.
Date posted: June 21, 2021
Location: 720 Shoals Road, Duncan, SC, USA
with Y-Spartaquatics Swim Club
Head Age Group Coach
Duncan, South Carolina
Y-Spartaquatics Swim Club
The YMCA of Greater Spartanburg’s Y-Spartaquatics Swim Club, a USA Swimming Level 4 and Silver Medal Club is looking to hire a Head Age Group Coach to lead and direct it’s successful 12/Under program and grow it to new heights. YSSC is a 375 member team which recently won the South Carolina 14/Under and South Carolina Senior State Championships. The Head Age Group Coach under the direction of the Director of Competitive Swimming/Head Coach will work to deliver developmentally appropriate training to prepare swimmers for the transition into senior swimming.
Under the supervision of the Head Coach the Head Age Group Coach is responsible for all facets of the 12/Under program at YSSC. This includes planning for seasonal and long term goals for the program and individual practice groups. They will be the lead coach for two practice groups and supervise the entire 12/Under staff. The Head Age Group Coach will provide regular communication with families, assist in all aspects of meet management including being responsible for submitting team entries for meets. They will develop and track swimmer recognition programs and assist our Director of Recruiting in their annual recruiting efforts within the robust summer leagues in the area. The Head Age Group Coach will also be responsible for maintaining the team bulletin board, creating and coordinating team apparel orders, assisting in the YMCA’s Annual Campaign fundraising efforts and other YMCA responsibilities as needed.
This is a Full Time Salaried position. Salary is commensurate upon experience. Target start date is Mid-August, but we will wait for the right candidate. The YMCA of Greater Spartanburg is a 12% employer contribution associating in the Y Retirement Plan for employee once vested.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- ASCA Level 3 or equivalent experience
- USA Swimming Coach Member in good standing
- Principles of YMCA Coach (may obtain within 3 months of hire)
- Must accept, demonstrate, and teach the YMCA Character Development Value’s of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility throughout their assigned swim team group.
Date posted: June 21, 2021
Location: 10755 Riverscape Run, Great Falls, VA, USA
with Snow Swimming
SNOW Swimming, Inc, a USA Swimming Bronze Medal level club located in Loudoun County, VA, is seeking applicants for our Head Site Coach at Claude Moore Recreation Center in Sterling, VA. SNOW was founded in 1998 and since then has operated exclusively in Loudoun County, which is just 45 minutes northwest of Washington, DC. Pre-pandemic our club was 500+ student-athletes ranging in ability from Novice to National qualifiers. Our club is a part of the Potomac Valley LSC and operates out of three main sites (Claude Moore Rec Center, Dulles South Rec Center and the Ida Lee Rec Center in Leesburg, VA) and regularly qualifies student-athletes for the various Junior National-level meets (NCSA’s, ISCA’s, etc…). We’ve had multiple athletes earn USA Swimming Scholastic All-American status, as well as several athletes selected for USA Swimming Select Camps. We have access to three outdoor pools for summer training, in addition to LCM training year-round for our most experienced student-athletes.
In spite of the pandemic we are sound financially, and currently have a waiting list of 200+ swimmers. We have hosted two LCM meets this season & will host one of the LSC Championship Meets next month. We’ve got great enthusiasm running through our club & we’re excited for the next quadrennium (even though it’s only three years long!). We are seeking applications from career-minded coaches who are eager to develop age group student-athletes in the post-pandemic world, despite all the challenges that entails. You should be fully certified and in good standing with USA Swimming, experienced in developing your athletes to the Junior National level (or higher) and able to work both mornings and afternoons with multiple groups. Additionally, the successful candidate should be comfortable handling meet entries with the Team Unify platform, email correspondence with families, recruiting from the numerous Summer Leagues in northern Virginia and contributing your enthusiasm & various coaching experiences to our staff. Your demeanor should be positive, inclusive & infectious, and your coaching style should reflect that. Our student-athletes should be able to feed off your energy! As a member of our coaching staff you’ll enjoy full autonomy in terms of coaching “x’s & o’s” while contributing to our club’s IM- based philosophy (find what works for your site & run with it!). All USA Swimming certified coaches who fit the above description are encouraged to apply, especially women & minorities.
SNOW Swimming is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, sexual preference or religious background. The position is full time and comes with a competitive salary based on experience. You’ll work closely with the Head Coach and the club owner; there is no Board of Directors at SNOW as it’s a privately owned business. The position will remain open until we find the right candidate for this adventure. For more information on SNOW Swimming, visit our website at www.snowswimming.org.
Date posted: June 20, 2021
Location: 4875 Willow Rd, Zionsville, IN 46077, USA
with Zionsville Swim Club
Zionsville Swim Club is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time assistant to work with both age group & senior athletes. We are looking for coaches that have a love of swimming and enjoy helping develop young people. Zionsville SC has a supportive community, a professional coaching staff and motivated athletes.
Full-time and reports directly to the ZSC Head Coach and Head Age Group Coach. Approximately 25-30 hours weekly for on deck coaching with additional 10-15 hours of administrative duties expected with the addition of swimming meets one or two weekends each month. Start date: Available immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
ZSC is a Bronze Medal Club with Level 3 Recognition with 250+ members. ZSC operates out of Zionsville Community High School (25y)l year round and also outdoors during the summer at Azionaqua Swim Club (50m). Zionsville is located about 20 miles northwest of downtown Indianapolis.
Establish and maintain communications with both athletes and parents.
Assist in the design of seasonal training plans for Senior and Age Group training squads.
Responsible for leading and/or assisting one or two of the club’s training squads through both dryland and water training.
Attend competitions as assigned by Head Age Group Coach
Create a positive team environment that inspires excellence
Help select individual’s meet events and complete training squad entries in TeamUnify.
College Degree Preferred
Competitive Swimming Experience
Able to meet USA-Swimming Coaching Safety Requirements and pass all applicable background checks prior to starting employment.
Salary – Commensurate with Experience
Approved expense reimbursement for training and travel
Date posted: June 19, 2021
Location: 202 Fieldhouse Drive, Peachtree City, GA 30269, USA
with Southern Crescent Aquatic Team
Southern Crescent Aquatic Team (SCAT) is looking for an experienced Age Group Coach
This employee will be responsible for working with our 6–14-year-old athletes as well as partnering with our Head Coach to develop all aspects of our program with the goal of instilling a culture of success both in and out of the water.
Position: Age Group Coach
Job Open Date: August 1, 2021
Work Location: Peachtree City, GA
Pay Rate: commensurate with experience.
Days/Hours: Monday- Saturday.
Swim Meets: 1-2/month. Some are one day meets. Some are weekend long. Staff is paid hourly plus gas for meets outside of local area.
- Work with the Head Coach to build an Age Group philosophy.
- Work with swimmers ages 6-14 novice through Zone Qualifiers.
- Work with a minimum of 2 groups while overseeing all parts of the 14 & under program.
- This person should have at least 3 years of coaching experience.
- Be an effective communicator with parents, coaches, and swimmers.
- They should have a sound stroke mechanic philosophy.
- Have an understanding of the long-term development of the swimmer.
- Experience in developing young coaches is a plus.
- The ability to obtain and maintain all required USA Swimming certifications including passing a background check
The ability to obtain and maintain First Aid & CPR/AED certifications
Date posted: June 18, 2021
Location: League City, TX, USA
with South Shore Sails
The South Shore Sails, a 2021 Bronze medal club, is seeking qualified Assistant Coaches to add to our coaching staff. We have coaching opportunities available with both our senior and age group level programs. Successful candidates will have high level swimming experience as a coach or athlete, but more importantly an eagerness to learn and a motivation to help children grow and succeed. Experience with swimming software is a plus, as is an interest and aptitude for technology. Pay and benefits are commensurate with experience.
The South Shore Sails are located in beautiful League City, Texas; on the South Shore of Clear Lake (just 30 minutes south of downtown Houston.) We’re based out of The Fitness Center at South Shore Harbour, a first class fitness club with over 130,000 square feet of indoor & outdoor amenities, a 6 lane outdoor pool, and a 3 lane indoor pool. Our team also utilizes a number of surrounding high school pools throughout the year & two 50 meter municipal pools during the long course season.
Date posted: June 18, 2021
Location: Täby Sim, Attundavägen, Täby, Sweden
with Täby Sim Stockholm Sweden
Täby Sim is looking for a Swimming Coach for the Senior / Junior department!
Täby Sim has 2,500 members and today conducts its main activities in Tibblebadet and during the summer also in Norskogsbadet and Kvarnbadet. Ahead of the long-awaited move of the business to the new swimming pool in Täby, we are investing in our competitive swimming and are now looking for a responsible swimming coach for our SM / JSM Swimmers.
We are looking for someone who want to be part of our journey and who really like working with swimming at a high level.
The Senior / Junior area includes our swimmers 17 years and older who you work with in teams with other competition coaches.
In the role of Senior / junior coach, you become an ambassador and role model in and for Täby Sim. It is important that you, like us, thrive and are motivated by being at the forefront and looking for new paths for development for you and our swimmers. Your main tasks will be:
- Liable swimming coach for our senior and junior swimmers
- You are expected to have ideas and strategies that develop and facilitate learning for our swimmers and other leaders in the coaching team.
- Contribute in guiding and developing the club’s coaching staff
- In consultation with the head coach, annually draw up the business plan and budget.
- Responsibility for planning, implementation, follow-up and administration for our SM/JSM group and DM group.
Education and experience
- You have a strong commitment and great interest in swimming and people
- We are looking for you who have a academic education in sports and / or swimming
- You are interested in swimming, have a very good ability to see the individual and the whole group and can lift each swimmer to their optimal level
- You already have experience of swimming and swimming training nationally, but preferably internationally
- You have had top national results, been happy to develop swimmers in several levels as a whole and have had swimmers from national to international level
- You have a strong commitment and great interest in swimming and people
- You possess high intra- and interpersonal skills
- We believe that you should have experience from association activities
- As a coach you are kind, helpful, caring and like to work in teams.
- If you are an international coach, speak good English and have an interest in learning Swedish within 1-2 years
- You have knowledge and experience of systematic training planning, test methods and users of technical equipment such as video and lactate
- Driving license B is a requirement
- It is a requirement that you can speak and write in both Swedish and English
- Good computer skills and knowledge of Office (word, excel etc.) are necessary to be able to perform the tasks of the day.
Who are we looking for
We are now looking for you who have a burning interest in swimming, to lead and develop our competition swimmers towards their own and the club’s goals, and that you want to be involved and contribute to Täby Sim taking the step to become one of the country’s best swimming clubs also at senior level.
As a trainer in our competition activities, you work with developing, planning, implementing and following up swimmers and the activities. The work takes place in an unpretentious collaboration with the rest of the coaching team and our head coach.
Who are we
Täby Sim is a large club with wonderful swimmers, coaches and many committed parents who are involved in the business, for example around our competitions as officials, riggers, in the secretariat, in the club shop, coaches etc. We are currently 7 people working full time in the office and who are now looking forward to having a new colleague in the important role as the coach for SM / JSM.
The position as SM / JSM coach is 100% permanent employment.
The working hours are when our business is up and running, which largely means evenings and weekends.Täby Sim is affiliated with Arbetsgivaralliansen.
If you think it sounds interesting or if you have questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Club Manager Mats Lennerthson [email protected]
+4676-9431967 or Head Coach Per Edelholm [email protected] +4672-9425870
Deadline for applications is 11 July, but we meet the applicant for interviews on an ongoing basis and can fill the position earlier. The application is sent to [email protected]
Date posted: June 17, 2021
Location: Waltham, MA, USA
with Crimson Aquatics - Boston branch
Crimson Aquatics – Boston Branch, is seeking an Assistant Coaches for senior and age group to join our established and successful swim team based in Boston, MA. Crimson Aquatics is home to Olympians, National team members, National junior team members, Olympic trial qualifiers, and National champions. We have consistently been recognized as a top 200 clubs in the country by USA Swimming’s Club Excellence Program and are currently a Bronze Medal club. With over 160 swimmers and counting we train out of three facilities: Dexter Southfield School located in Brookline; Brandeis University located in Waltham; and The Boys and Girls Club of Watertown located in Waltham.
We are looking for a time commitment of 10-20 hours. This would include practices and other administrative duties as needed. Candidates must demonstrate a proven aptitude for coaching as illustrated by a strong work ethic, organizational skills, computer skills, and the ability to interact professionally. The successful candidate must work closely with other coaches in carrying out the philosophy and objectives of Crimson Aquatics.
Pay will be commensurate with experience. We also have additional hours available for day swim classes through our partnership with Dexter Southfield School.
- Plan and execute the training for assigned groups under the directions of Head Age Group Coach, Kyle Harris.
- Assist the Head Coach with execution of training for the High-Performance and Senior Groups.
- Other Duties for the coach include, but are not limited to:
- Motivating swimmers of all ages to be great in a positive way
- Helping the Head Age Group Coach develop and implement a seasonal plan for the (including dryland)
- Assisting with other groups as needed
- Administrative duties, such as, meet entry, tracking progress, and email communication with parents
- Attending staff meetings as scheduled
- Attending swim meets as needed
- Attending team functions (banquet, team-building activities)
- Strong understanding of the sport of swimming and the rules and regulations
- A sound understanding of stroke mechanics and training techniques.
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of competitive swim experience
- Communicate effectively and timely with the coaching staff, swimmers and parents as needed
- Must have/demonstrate professionalism, decision making skills, and a willingness to follow directives from the Head Coach, and Head Age Group Coach
- Individual characteristics: positive, energetic, flexible, passionate, team-oriented, etc.
- Must have, or obtain prior to start date, all relevant USA Swimming coach certifications: Adult & Pediatric/Child CPR and AED, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, USA Swimming Background Check, and Athlete Protection Training
- Must have, or be willing to learn, basic working knowledge of Team Unify
- Must have a desire to learn and continue coaching education
- 2+ years of coaching experience
- Preference given to swim experience at a college level
- Experience with Team Manager, Team Unify, and/or HyTex Meet Manager
Date posted: June 17, 2021
Location: NYC, NY, USA
with Freedom Aquatics
Successful Competitive USA Swim Team Seeks Motivated Coach To Grow With Program
Freedom Aquatics is seeking Senior and Age Group coaches with the ability to coach various age group swimmers. We are looking for highly motivated, experienced individuals with a passion for developing young swimmers into high level competitors. Candidates must possess the skills to work well as part of a coaching staff and have the ability to communicate with co-workers, parents and swimmers.
Openings are available at multiple locations including Brooklyn, Staten Island and New Jersey. Practices are held up to 6 days a week. Swim meets are attended approximately once a month. Candidates must possess or attain USA Swimming Coaches certification, Coaches Safety Training, CPR & First Aid and pass USA Swimming background check prior to assuming deck duties.
*There is a sign up bonus of $500.
Date posted: June 16, 2021
Location: Carlsbad, CA, USA
with North Coast Aquatics
North Coast Aquatics is looking to add a senior coach to its staff for the upcoming 2021 short course season. The coach will be working with 50+ senior (high school) swimmers in both a lead and assistant capacity. The position requires availability in the afternoons M-F as well as weekend practices & swim meets (both local and travel).
*The desire to pursue a professional career in coaching and has a passion for developing swimmers of all ages and abilities.
*A great background in teaching stroke mechanics and embraces a sound developmental philosophy that is in line with the NCA Mission Statement and Values.
*Strong administrative skills off the deck as this position will involve every aspect of the senior program. This coach will write workouts and help create the meet schedule both local and regional.
*CPR, First Aid, CST certs and be able to pass the USA Swimming coaches background check.
*A college degree and/or ASCA Level 2-3 is preferred but not required.
North Coast Aquatics is a 400+ member USA club located in north San Diego county. With over 100 high school aged athletes this position will require a full commitment. We are looking for an aspiring coach that is both eager to learn and can bring their own knowledge/experience to our program.
Date posted: June 16, 2021
Location: 1 Trinity Place, San Antonio, TX, USA
with Trinity University
To work in collaboration with the Head Men’s & Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach at Trinity University to develop and implement scouting reports, practice and meet plans, and meet day duties. In addition to on-deck duties, this position will be a vital piece of the year-round program duties of locating and recruiting student athletes that represent the standards of both the university academic requirements, as well as, the competitive swim program standards. Foster a sense of belonging and intentional inclusion.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit academically qualified student athletes. Travel will be involved
- On and off pool deck instruction
- Help prepare and implement practice and meet plans
- Data entry for times and performance metrics
- Manage alumni database in software system
- Assume duties for second assignment in Department of Athletics.
- Weekend Travel for competition, as well as periodic weekend involvement in recruiting events.
- Continuing education courses will also be a requirement
Reports to: Head Men’s & Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach
Given: May have supervision responsibilities over student workers
Minimum of 2 years coaching experience
- College swimming experience
- College swimming coaching experience
- Administrative experience with operating data systems and video equipment.
- Working knowledge of Google Docs, Power Point and Excel
- Experience with Hy-Tek
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
This position will be a 12-month position with weekend work expectations on approximately 18-20 weekends throughout the year as well. Position will require significant travel throughout the year. During this work experience, this position will be required to report to the Head Men’s & Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach and is expected to bring valuable input to the table for practice and meet planning, meet day performance, as well as year-round recruiting and career development expectations. This position will be expected to carry both a heavy on-deck presence while also performing significant office duties consisting of social media, data entry, and report generation.
Date posted: June 15, 2021
Location: Greencastle, IN, USA
with DePauw Unviersity
The part-time assistant coach for Swimming and Diving is responsible for assisting the head Swimming and Diving coach in implementing and directing all phases of a competitive NCAA Division III Swimming and Diving program at DePauw University. This includes recruiting quality student-athletes, organizing and planning practices and game strategies, scouting, coaching, scheduling, budgeting and planning team travel in compliance with University, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.