with Cortez Leopard Sharks Swim Team
Cortez Leopard Sharks Swim Team (Cortez, CO) Head Swim Team Coach
POSITION: The Cortez Leopard Sharks is a competitive swim team located in Southwest Colorado. The Leopard Sharks Swim Team is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that operates in accordance with USA swimming guidelines. We are seeking a Head Coach. The hours are normally:
Spring Season: Indoor 25 yard pool at Cortez Rec Center
Summer Season: Outdoor 50 meter pool
Monday -Friday 6:00-9:30am
Tuesday & Thursday 6:00-8:00pm
Fall Season: Indoor 25 yard pool at Cortez Rec Center
Winter Season: Indoor 25 yard pool at Cortez Rec Center
Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday 6:00-8:00am
Monday & Wednesday 6:00-8:00pm at Durango Rec Center
Attendance is required at weekend meets. Pay is negotiable depending on qualifications. The team provides mileage reimbursements and accommodations at swim meets.
BACKGROUND: The community of Cortez operates a 6-lane, 25 yard indoor pool at the Cortez Recreation Center and a 6-lane 50 meter outdoor pool. Cortez is located 45 miles west of Durango, Colorado. Our seasonal swim team currently operates a summer season from April through July, and a fall swim season from September through mid-November, with 5 levels of swimmers ranging from beginning swimmers to competitive athletes. This is also our 2nd year of having a year-round team. To learn more about the Cortez Leopard Sharks go to www.cortezleopardsharks.com. The team size ranges from 40-60 swimmers.
DUTIES: The Head Coach shall supervise and manage the Cortez Leopard Sharks Swim Team swimmers during all scheduled practices, swim meets and extra activities, oversee seasonal progression of athletes, set goals with swimmers, monitor phases and development with individual swimmers, and instruct swimmers on proper strokes, turns, starts and all other aspects of swimming. The Head Coach supervises one or more age group coaches.
• Swim Coaching Experience: Required
• Competitive Swimming Experience : Preferred
• A strong knowledge of stroke, starts, and turn fundamentals
• Ability to lead, inspire, and instruct athletes in and out of the pool
• Administrative skills: We would like the Head Coach to be able to, at a minimum, email, browse the web, and have the ability to take online training if needed. Team Manager or other team database skills are preferred.
• Possesses strong leadership skills and the ability to mentor age group coaches.
• Candidate must comply with USA Swimming/Colorado Swimming coach requirements. Requirements are posted at www.coloradoswimming.org (click on Coaches).
• Must have strong communications skills and an ability to form professional partnerships with swimmers, parents, coaching staff and the swim team board.
with FIG GARDEN SWIM & RACQUET CLUB
Part Time Head Coach Fresno, CA
Fig Garden Swim & Racquet Club
Fig Garden Swim & Racquet Club is a member owned country club which offers its members fitness facilities fitness classes, and year-round tennis in addition to use of our two swimming pools. Our club is in the beautiful “Old Fig” area of Fresno nestled within a neighborhood. Our heated lap pool operates a year-round USA swim team consisting of the club’s members and non-members. Our Fig Garden Swim Team consists of 85-100 swimmers from ages 5-18. The team practices throughout the short course and long course season in the afternoons Monday-Thursday.
The Head Coach is responsible for the operation and development of our USA Swimming program and summer recreation program. The club is looking for an individual who will facilitate a positive & nurturing environment for all athletes. The Head Coach must develop the skills and talents of the team members and coaching staff while promoting teamwork, sportsmanship and encouraging personal development and excellence. This position is a year-round part time position.
- Plan and oversee practices for all levels. Attend all weekly practices at their scheduled time
- Promote swimming in a positive and fun learning environment for all ages.
- Responsible for overall safety of team members and coaching staff.
- Provide the environment to improve team members’ stroke technique, endurance and speed.
- Create development plan for swimmers, helping them set goals and how they will achieve them.
- Oversee assistant coaches and ensure that coaching standards are being met.
- Manage swim meets to support swimmers.
- Maintain and promote activities pertaining to the swim team as well as Fig Garden Swim & Racquet Club. This includes social and team building events.
- Recruit, retain and grow the team. This includes increasing member numbers.
- Ensure open and timely communication with swimmers and parents.
- Manage team website.
- Manage team financials and payroll.
- Attend USA Swimming Meetings and CVRSL conference calls.
- Attend monthly Board Meetings for Fig Garden Swim & Racquet Club. Qualification/Requirements:
- USA Swim Coaches Certification
- Member of ASCA and USA Swimming
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches Certification
- Red Cross Lifeguard and First Aid, CPR and AED training preferred
- High School Diploma / G.E.D. Equivalency
- Experience working with large groups of children.
- Must be able to communicate with members, management, and staff.
- Proven team management skills.
- Experience and knowledge to manage team financials and payroll.
- Attend USA Swimming Meetings and CVRSL conference calls.
Compensation is based on a percentage of team revenue. Head Coach will be paid based on how large the team is and how many new swimmers join/retain on the team. Past Coaches have averaged $15,000-$18,000 yearly. Candidates should contact Leanne Monreal – General Manager at Fig Garden Swim & Racquet Club with a Resume and Cover Letter at [email protected].
This position needs to be filled by the middle of August in preparation for 2017 short course season.
with Mitchell Aquatic Club
Mitchell Aquatic Club Head Coach/CEO (full-time)
Head Coach Job Description:
The Mitchell Aquatic Club (MAC), a USA Swimming club in Mitchell, SD is seeking an inspiring full time
Head Coach with excellent leadership, technical expertise, communication and team building skills to
coach and mentor our year-round team of approximately 70 athletes.
Our vision is to foster health and fitness in the Mitchell area through the administration and promotion of aquatic programs. Teaching life skills by instilling a strong work ethic in a safe, fun and competitive environment. Developing aquatic skills to provide all participants the opportunities to grow and succeed to their highest level. Emphasizing team unity and family participation. We have a driven and talented group of swimmers supported by a committed Board and parent membership.
MAC has been serving Mitchell and the surrounding area for over 35 years. We have consistently had swimmers attend Junior Nationals, Sectionals, Zones and approximately 90% of our senior group have gone on to compete at the collegiate level. Because South Dakota does not have swimming as a sanctioned high school sport, our athletes swim with the Club year-round; therefore, this position offers a unique opportunity to develop a program that will maximize excellence and allow strong and continuous coach/team bonding.
Practice facilities include an indoor 25-meter practice pool in winter and an outdoor 50-meter pool in summer. The city of Mitchell is in the process of building a permanent indoor 25-yard pool at the recreation center to be completed summer 2018.
Primary Responsibilities: Job Description
• Coach the entire competitive swim program. This includes, but is not limited
to developing a swim program that is technically and developmentally age appropriate for
both water and dryland training and that allows swimmers of different abilities to reach their
highest potential. Able to place each registered swimmer into practice groups based on age and ability of the swimmer.
• When available, supervise, mentor, and evaluate assistant coach/coaches, including preparation of daily and seasonal work outs, skill sets, and group practices
Decide on which meets the team will participate in during SC and LC seasons. Will submit meet entries.
• Support the team’s mission, vision and core values by providing leadership and team management in a professional manner. Ensure that all team operations are completed in a timely and organized manner. Communication to the swimmers, parents, board and community members are done in a timely and professional and age appropriate manner.
Can communicate and relate to different ages of swimmers
• Manage and lead our swim lesson program, which has averaged 200 kids per year since 2011. This is a great resource for growing our Mitchell Aquatic Program.
• Attend swim meets throughout the winter and summer seasons. During meets conduct warm ups procedures, coach instruction before swim race and offer constructive criticism (age appropriate) regarding swimmer’s performance post-race.
• Attend and participate in Board meetings as a non-voting member
Work with the local high schools for submitting lettering requirements
Select swimmers to receive awards at the annual awards banquet
• Lead swimmer recruitment/retention efforts for all swim groups.
• Foster solid relationships with athletes and families
• Statement about community involvement.
• Communication: parents, board, athletes and community leaders
• Master’s program
• Other duties as assigned
• Meet all USA Swimming coaching requirements
• At least 2 years of swim coaching experience and 1 year of management/administrative experience
• Must be a US citizen or currently eligible to work in the US
• Have a contagious and enthusiastic attitude and ability to motivate swimmers
• Post-secondary degree
• ASCA level 2 certification or higher
• Previous experience as head coach
• Experience as a competitive swimmer at the collegiate level
Mitchell is the 6th largest city in South Dakota with a population of about 15,000 and is the home of Dakota Wesleyan University and Mitchell Technical Institute. Mitchell is located about one hour west of Sioux Falls metropolitan area with a population of approximately 150,000. Mitchell is unique and surprising. Outdoor recreation and natural beauty are key parts of Mitchell’s identity. It is an outstanding community whose residents out-think, out-produce and out-perform. Mitchell is also Home to the World’s Only Corn Palace. Uniquely positioned, Mitchell offers the best of small-town living with bigger-city possibilities. We want to attract new residents to experience the Mitchell difference. The difference is in our schools, our vibrant family-centered amenities, the jobs we offer, the quality of life and the affordable living.
Salary and Application Requirements:
MAC offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience. The package includes a base salary, profit sharing from our swim lessons program, health insurance stipend, paid vacation, paid professional development, and travel expense reimbursement for meets. The potential for additional financial incentives may be available and will be negotiated when an employment contract is drafted. A relocation assistance package may also be considered pending qualifications.
The MAC Board reserves the right to conduct in-depth pre-employment screening including but not
limited to criminal background check, physical, drug screening, past employment and education
verification, and a social media review.
with Jersey Wahoos Swim Club
Jersey Wahoos Swim Club is looking for two (2) part-time morning lifeguards that will guard the Jersey Wahoos Swim Club each weekday morning from 6:00am until 3:00pm. The positions will begin starting September 5th, 2017.
Must possess the following abilities:
Lifeguards will help pool manager oversee day to day operations
Lifeguard is certified in CPR/AED
Provides high-level customer service to members
Maintains cleanliness of deck and pool area
Communicates issues and problems directly to supervisors
Enforce all aquatics facility policies, rules, and regulations; educate patrons about them
with Belmont Aquatic Team
BELMONT AQUATIC TEAM (BAT)
The Belmont Aquatic Team (BAT), a registered USA swim team with approximately 75 swimmers, is looking for an Age Group Coach for our entry-level group, which is mostly seven to ten year olds. This group trains and participates at a competitive level of swimming.
Duties include, writing workout sets, working with age group level swimmers on stroke technique, starts & turns, endurance, coordinating meet entries, attending all meets in which age group swimmers are participating, and attending team functions. Candidates should be flexible and feel comfortable working with all age groups.
This is a part-time position for approximately 6-10 hours per week on deck coaching practices plus an average of two weekends per month for swim meets.
Short Course Season availability is required for the following practice schedule:
- September through Mid-March: The team practices Monday & Wednesday 4:15 pm – 7:00 pm, Tuesday and Thursday 6:45 pm – 8:45 pm and Friday 4:15 pm – 6:15 pm.
Long Course Season availability is required for the following practice schedule:
- Mid-March through June: The team practices Monday & Wednesday 4:15 pm – 7:00 pm, Tuesday and Thursday 6:45 pm – 8:45 pm and Friday 4:15 pm – 6:15 pm.
- Last week of June through July: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 6:30 am – 8:30 am.
The ideal candidate should have competitive and coaching experience, stroke technique knowledge; bring enthusiasm, energy and a positive attitude to each practice. CPR, First aid and Coaches Safety Training Certification will be required but can be obtained after hired. A background check will be administered.
BAT provides competitive hourly compensation. BAT provides reimbursement for training courses.
For more information on our team, please visit our web site: belmontaquatics.org.
with FINIS, Inc.
The FINIS USA Sales Team is seeking the best and brightest to take our key e-Commerce customers to the next level. This role is responsible for optimizing sales and brand presence on current e-Commerce platforms globally including Amazon, Raketun, e-Bay, Swimoutlet, as well as other strategic players in the e-Commerce field. The position will play a major role in new account acquisition with the e-Commerce platform. The manager will report to the Senior Director of Sales. This candidate will thrive in an energetic, fast-paced environment while maintaining the discipline to be methodical and organized to handle multiple priorities.
This role will have a clear understanding of FINIS brand values and how the brand contributes to the company success. This position will work closely with the appropriate language translation liaisons. The US Sales Team is a part of the FINIS Sales and Marketing team. Sound like you? Great! Tell us your story! We look forward to hearing more about you and why you would be a good fit to our team.
- Develop relationships with e-Commerce customers, working with them to drive sales through web optimization and enhancement of the FINIS brand and customer experience when shopping FINIS, i.e. Amazon, Swimoutlet.
- Identify new, strategic e-Commerce sales opportunities globally
- Executing all new products on all strategic platforms identified
- Improve the FINIS catalogs by controlling the content, reviewing the sales metrics and taking the appropriate actions needed
- Enhance the consumer experience when reviewing FINIS products to land the buy box into the shopping cart
- Increase the ability for consumers to land on FINIS when searching for like swim products
- Optimize all marketing and data-related activities on the various platforms
- Work with the Product Marketing Lead in developing marketing campaigns best suited for driving impressions and ultimately sales to the consumer on strategic platforms identified
- Review analytics through reporting systems to identify areas of success as well as areas needing improvement
- Work with strategic platforms on providing effective forecasts to our Purchasing team.
- Quality control of translation content
- Assist FINIS product development and customer service teams with data from key product reviews
- Identify and secure the services of 3rd party, e-Commerce specialists that work with manufactures concerned about counterfeit product, trademark infringement, MAP pricing and Reviews.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, business, statistics or related field.
- 2+ Years of e-Commerce sales and analytics preferred.
- Extremely well organized and detailed oriented.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and adapt to a changing and fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills, ability to influence all levels of management.
- Strong communication skills in regards to time estimation and project management
- Thrives in team settings, but embraces independence and operates under a self-motivated mindset to tackle large projects
- Highly self motivated
- Excellent computer skills
- Collaborative, team player
- Swimming background appreciated
PAY & BENEFITS
- Base compensation level varies on education and experience levels
- Benefits we offer include:
- Medical and Transportation Flexible Spending
HOW TO APPLY
For consideration, please email a combined PDF resume and cover letter to [email protected].
ABOUT FINIS, Inc.
In 1993, Olympic Gold Medal Swimmer Pablo Morales and John Mix founded FINIS in Northern California. The Monofin and the center-mount Snorkel were the first products FINIS developed for the US market, and have since continued to focus on creating training tools for swimmers and coaches worldwide. FINIS products are currently available in over 80 countries.
with Charter Oak Aquatic Club
Charter Oak Aquatic Club is seeking a part-time assistant coach in our Age Group Program. Charter Oak Aquatic Club practices out of Ethel Walker School in Simsbury CT Under the direction of the Head Age Group Coach, the assistant coach is responsible for our youngest swimmers, ages 8-14, in solidifying the basics of swimming with an emphasis on technique. This is a part-time position, averaging 6-8 hours a week with a possibility of additional hours on an “as needed basis”. The assistant coach is required to attend practice Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday from 6:15-8:15PM and Sunday 7-9AM Requirements:
Minimum two years’ experience in a competitive swim coach position preferred and/or past experience in swimming at a collegiate level.
Must be able to pass all required USA Swimming requirements including:
CPR/First Aid Certified o Background Check o Coach’s Safety Training
Ability to work evenings and some weekends
Ability to work one or two swim meets a month
Duties: Develop stroke technique, Develop positive relationships with swimmers/coaches/families, Must be engaged and interactive with swimmers
with Joliet Y Jets Swim Team
Working with the SVP/COO, the Director of Competitive Swimming will be responsible for the vision, philosophy, administration and operation of the JETS Swim Team association-wide. Includes the budget planning, annual fundraising, development and administration of staff/coach recruitment, staff/coach training, yearly/association-wide team goals for all groups. Supervises and leads the Head Age Group Coach, Lead Site Coaches and all assistant coaches, and assists direction of all other Y staff supporting the JETS Swim team, including and not limited to training plans, progress reports and parent engagement. Works with the marketing team to raise awareness of the JETS team to recruit new swimmers and retain current swimmers. Communicates and educates families, swimmers, coaches and staff regarding policies and goals. Facilitates and strengthens relationship with JCSA Parent Board, including advisory board recruitment.
- Directs, organizes, and supervises all competitive swimming activities to meet YMCA objectives. Plans seasons, conducts practices for, at minimum, high school and senior level athletes and attends both regular season and championship meets.
- Assures that coaching staff plans seasons, conducts practices for age group and developmental levels, and attend meets.
- Plan training and swim meet schedule, execute entries, facilitate running tryouts and hosted meets with JCSA and volunteers. Schedule and secure practice locations.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with athletes, parents, and coaches; helps them connect with each other and the YMCA. Encourages parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
- Recruits, hires, trains, sets schedules for, and directs coaching personnel accordingly. Annually reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate and retain staff in addition to achieve program goals and objectives. Assures recruitment, training, development, of volunteer support, including officials.
- Manages JETS online presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Team Unify, etc, in compliance with Y-USA Brand Standards. Coordinates with Metro Marketing Department as needed.
- Creates educational opportunities for parents and swimmers such as clinics, presentations and meetings. Communicates with staff at host locations to inform of practices, meets, and other swimming related events.
- Conveys information and schedules as appropriate, including communication with parents regarding policies, reminders, progress reports and common questions.
- Responds to all inquiries in a timely manner.
- Facilitates the registration process for the JETS, including providing applicable forms and reference materials to membership staff at all team locations and setting up online registration through Team Unify. Manages collections of any dues and/or fees for service.
- Know and interact with all athletes, coaches and parents.
- Communicates effectively and collaborates with each location host branch staff.
- Coordinates activities, alongside JCSA, to promote JETS competitive and social a
- Assures compliance with YMCA Swimming & Diving and USA Swimming.
- Coordinates, schedules and leads staff meetings and trainings.
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.YMCA COMPETENCIES (TEAM LEADER):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Associates Degree and/or 3 years of experience equivalent.
- Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid certification, Lifeguarding or Safety Training for Swim Coaches, Principles of YMCA Competitive Swimming, and all required USA Swimming certifications and courses.
- Must be able to demonstrate coaching skills in accordance with YMCA Standards.
with Central Area Aquatic Team
Head Site Coach – Tukwila
Central Area Aquatic Team is looking for site coach to head up our new site in Tukwila WA, five miles south of Seattle. Assets include a growing an established swimming population in the surrounding area and at the facility, a newly renovated facility, four Summer League teams and several CAAT families in the immediate area. CAAT is an up and coming team in based in Seattle, and is looking for a leader who will continue the process of building CAAT into a regional power. Quality people, great board support, stable pool time, and an excellent group of coaches provide a good foundation for growth.
1 – Establish a culture where the team, the process of learning, and personal improvement though individual responsibility is valued.
2 – Educate swimmers and families about the roles and value of technical excellence, commitment, and competition in high-level performance.
3 –Collaborate with the head coach to define seasonal goals and objectives. With the support of the coaching staff, implement a team wide plan to produce those results.
4 – Help make CAAT the place where families want their children.
5 – Ensure CAAT is an asset to the South Seattle & Tukwila community by maintaining positive relationships with staff, members and other patrons and adhering to facility rules and policies.
• Competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level
• Minimum three years coaching with a USA swimming club with a proven track record of success
• Strong organizational and seasonal planning skills
• Strong communication skills with both swimmers and parents
• Ability to lead, support, and follow depending on the situation
• Teaching degree, athletic training certification or similar
The position will require:
• A positive self-motivated individual who is willing to learn, lead, sell the vision and work hard
• Approximately 16 deck hours per week + administrative duties and meets
• Attend local and regional meets as required
• Lifeguarding (or willingness to certify), first aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches
• A working knowledge of Team Unify and/or Team Manager
Compensation is generous and commensurate with experience.
Selected coaches will prepare military students in: Running, swimming, agility and required physical training. This will include guidance and application of physical preparedness and training techniques for the Physical Screening Test, to include but not limited to swim stroke development with and without fins, water confidence, running, and lower and upper body development.
The Coaches will provide instruction and preparation to students at military facilities in San Antonio, TX. The persons selected for these positions will have daily contact with junior Air Force personnel. As such, they must adhere to the highest standards of conduct in their interface with these airmen, and understand the student/instructor relationship, the duties of the coaches, and provide the experienced, professional, administrative and technical support required to achieve the desired degree of student preparation to accomplish program goals.
The coaches will be required to maintain a high degree of personal fitness and lead by example in this area. One of the primary duties involves administering the Physical Screening Test (PST) to all applicants. Therefore, the coaches shall maintain a level of fitness to inspire applicants. *Coaches will be required to pass a physical screening test to include: 500 yard swim, sit-ups (2 min. minimum of 48), Pushups (2 min-minimum of 40), Pull-ups (min.6) and a 1.5mile timed run (12:00 or less). Failure to pass the physical test will result in termination from the program.
- B.S. or B.A. degree with focus in Health and Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or related field or four years of equivalent experience working as an instructor or physical fitness leader in a similar field.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of sound competitive skills and technique within your discipline (running, swimming, S&C) and the ability to implement and teach these skills in a positive, healthy manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to coach candidates in core strength building and cardiovascular conditioning.
- Strong writing and verbal communication, organizational, and leadership skills. Job requires teaching various blocks of instruction to include: nutrition, mental performance, flexibility, and other courses with fitness in mind.
- Current CPR/AED/First Aid Certification.
- Run Coaches: Competitive running experience from a USA sanctioned Club or College competition team.
- Swim Coaches: Competitive swimming experience from a USA sanctioned Club or College competition team, Level 3 American Swimming Coach (ASCA) Certified
- S&C Coaches: Professional or collegiate level sports experience with one of the following certificates: Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), Certified Cross-fit level 3 trainer (CF-L3), Registered Strength and Conditioning Coach with Distinction (RSCCÂ®*D) is desirable.
We offer very competitive salaries for the industry and have excellent benefits to include: Matching 401k Plan, Stock Options, Profit Sharing Plan, Group Health and Dental Plan, Long Term Disability, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Life Insurance, two weeks PTO plus 10 paid Holidays.
with Paducah Swim Team
Paducah Swim Team is seeking a full or part time coach to work primarily with beginner to intermediate 12&unders. Position can be tailored to fit the right candidate, salary commensurate. Our ideal candidate will have experience coaching young swimmers and/or personal collegiate swimming experience.
Paducah offers a historic riverfront downtown with a variety of restaurants and shopping and a low cost of living. The greater Paducah area is home to roughly 100,000 people and is located just 2 hours from Nashville, TN and 2.5 hours from St. Louis, MO.
The team is not large but currently has 20 swimmers qualified for our LSC championships and 35-40 beginner/intermediate 12&unders.
with Tri-Cities Family YMCA
The Swim Team Coach is responsible for the supervision and direction of a safe, positive and organized competitive swimming program in accordance with the YMCA of the USA and the YMCA of Tri-Cities YMCA that will support youth development in spirit, mind and body, strengthen family support and encourage social responsibility.
- Provide excellent member service
- Supervise, monitor and mentor assistant coaches
- Maintain positive communications between YMCA, coaches, and Swim Team Parents
- Design and deliver practice sessions that teach competitive swimming stroke skills and train swimmers in preparation for competition
- Create a positive program environment with encouragement, goal setting and positive reinforcement
- Support in all development of the swim team program while providing a program that is culturally balanced and fits the needs of the Wilmington community.
- Maintain rosters and attendance records for all age groups within the program
- Evaluate team members and record progress
- Maintain constant visual contact with all program participants
- Ensure safety of all participants
- Maintain swim team equipment
- Advise supervisor of equipment needs or hazards
- Complete accident/incident reports as necessary
- Present a professional image
- Dress appropriately with coaches shirt and name tag while on duty
- Attend YMCA and Swim Team program meetings/trainings as assigned
- Attend and help facilitate parent meetings, competitions and team activities
- Work cooperatively with other YMCA and program staff
- Know, support and enforce YMCA of Delaware, branch and program policies
- Assist the aquatic leadership with other duties as assigned for the organization and delivery of the program
with Sun Prairie Storm
We are looking to hire a qualified individual for the full-time position of Head Age Group Coach. This individual would report directly to the Head Coach and would work with the Head Coach to direct our age group program and plan the season schedule. He or she would serve as the lead coach for the majority of our 12-under program. He or she would be expected to attend 2-3 meets per month. In addition he or she would train our Masters group 1-2 times per week.
High School Diploma
Ability to pass all necessary background checks
Red Cross CPR/AED/First Aid Certifications
Minimum 2-3 years prior coaching experience
Experience working with swimmers of all ages and abilities
Experience working effectively with swim parents & assistant coaches
Strong administrative, communication, and leadership skills.
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university
ASCA Level 2 certification
Current coaching membership in good standing with USA Swimming
with Davis & Elkins College
The Assistant Swimming Coach will assist in the vision, leadership and strategic planning of the Head Swimming Coach to direct and supervise all activities relative to teaching, training and skill development of student-athletes in preparation for intercollegiate competitions in support of the College’s mission of fostering an environment which is focused on the spiritual, intellectual, personal and social development of the student-athletes. D&E is a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division II and Great Midwest Athletic Conference (G-MAC).
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Two or more years of successful participation as a student-athlete in a collegiate swimming program
- Candidate must possess a commitment to the integrated role athletics plays in an institution of higher education
- Ability to adhere to and ensure compliance with NCAA and conference rules and regulations and ability to lead and nurture a diverse student and administrative population
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems and initiate and implement projects independently
- Ability to multi-task, work effectively, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong oral, presentation, and written communication skills including the ability to communicate to students, parents, staff, faculty and external constituents of the college
- Strong leadership, management, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to make effective decisions based on facts and sound judgment
- Proficient in computer programs including Windows, Outlook, Word and Excel, and available technological integration for athletics (i.e. recruiting, on-field instruction, social media integration, student-athlete services, etc.)
- Free furnished room in College Conference Center
- Free Meal plan
with The Ashburn Village BLUE WAVE Swim Team
The Ashburn Village BLUE WAVE Swim Team located in Ashburn, Virginia, is seeking a Full Time Head Age-Group Coach. Candidate must have at least 5+ years of coaching experience preferably at the club level. This position has a direct report to the Head coach and must be a team player. The position is salaried and includes health benefits as well as retirement options.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Overseeing BWST’s age-group program
- Plan and conduct swim practices in accordance with the Head Coach and other coaching staff.
- Supervising assistant coaches
- Attending scheduled USA swim meets, as well as assist with BWST hosted meets, eventually as Meet Director.
- Conduct 20-25 hours of on deck coaching per week and 15-20 hours of administrative work during which time office hours will be maintained.
- Communicating with parents
- Participating in staff projects, planning & supporting team activities.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of coaching experience preferably at the club level.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrates both strong communication and administrative skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Team Unify systems and Hy-Tek systems required
- Current certifications including CPR, First Aid, and Coaches Safety Training
- Must pass a background check from USA Swimming and have completed the USA Swimming Coaching requirements.