with BORN TO SWIM USA INC.
Business Development Representative
Business Development Representative job description lists essential skills and qualifications Born To Swim will look for in candidates for this role.
We are looking for a Business Development Representative to act as the liaison between our company/brand and swimming community – swimmers, coaches, teams management, “swim moms”, pools administration, meets organizes. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by searching, contacting and developing relationships with potential customers.
To be successful in this role, we strongly believe you have to be from the swimming community as defined above. Ideally, but not a must, you should have previous experience with developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting sales quotas. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact until you close the deal. You will also ensure proper after-sales customer service. If you are hardworking, motivated and results-driven, enjoy working independently, like the startup mentality and thrive in team environment, we’d like to meet you.
Most importantly, you should truly have passion and love for swimming!
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact potential clients through personal visits, cold calls and emails
- Present our brand and company to potential clients
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products and/or services
- Customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction
- Build long-term trusting relationships with clients
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Report to the Managing Directoron weekly, monthly and quarterly on activities and sales results
- Stay up-to-date with competitors’ and distributors’ new products, services and promotional tactics
- Active or former swimmer
- Preferably work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executiveor similar role
- Hands-on experience with various sales techniques
- Experience with CRM software
- Familiarity with MS Office
- Understanding of sales and marketing performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Aquatic Sports, Love to Sell, & Believe in providing Superior Service – Join the ZUMO Sales Team as our Southern California Team Sales Representative.
ZUMO is a boutique performance swimwear and team apparel brand. Our mission is to allow athletes to perform their best while representing their team through uniquely designed, high quality swimwear & apparel. Our goal is to provide superior service by making team ordering an easy, fast & fun experience. All our swimwear is designed with love, tested by athletes and produced in California.
The Team Sales Representative is responsible for generating new business through lead generation, prospecting and networking while also growing current accounts and building customer loyalty.
In-depth knowledge and/or experience in aquatic sports is essential. Candidate must live (or be able to commute daily) to the Orange County area.
Sales & Customer Service
- Grow/build network of client prospects
- Actively convert prospects to accounts
- Provide superior customer service throughout the entire order process
- Maintain and grow current ZUMO accounts
- Market outreach through participation in ZUMO sponsored events/trade shows
- Suggest marketing opportunities to grow customer base & brand awareness
- Work collaboratively with ZUMO Team to improve products, processes and service
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to self-manage work load, priorities and schedule
- Timely response to all customer inquiries critical
- Detail-oriented & able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Customer service experience preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Valid Drivers License, insurance and personal vehicle required
This is a full-time position with flexible hours. Position is in Southern California (Ideal candidate will live within the Orange County Area). Seasonality of the business may require the Team Sales Representative to work extended hours as necessary to meet business objectives and customer needs. On a monthly basis Sales Representative will visit the headquarters in San Leandro, California.
Base salary plus sales commission. NG Sports offers medical benefits, Simple IRA, paid vacation, 10 paid holidays per year, expenses and mileage reimbursement.
with Life Time
We are looking for a passionate Head Swim Team Coach who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and will help our Swim Team members improve their swimming in our state-of-the-art recreational and lap pools, both indoors and out. A typical day for a Head Swim Team Coach could include:
· Writing and leading Swim Team Group Workouts according to a season plan
· Developing and Coaching Swim Team Coaches on your team
· Registering new participants for the Team
· Maintaining the cleanliness and order of our Aquatics Facilities
Duties & Responsibilities
· Creates an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants
· Initiates, develops and maintains positive relationships with participants
· Responds to member questions regarding Life Time’s programs, policies and procedures
· Provides a safe, clean and organized pool area
· Promotes and sells all Aquatics programs and services
· Ensures use of supplies follow the amount prearranged by the department budget
· Assists in enforcing club and pool policies at all times
· Acts as the liaison between the Aquatics Department Head, USA Swimming, Swim Coaches and Parents
· Participates in weekly 1 on 1 meetings with the Aquatics Manager
· Writes the season plan and workout templates for each season
· Enters the swimmers into the swim meet program
· Schedules Swim Coaches to attend swim meets and represents the Life Time team positively
· Immediately reports suspicious or inappropriate behaviors or abuse relating to youth
Education & Experience
· Four year college degree
· Two years swim coaching experience
· Swim lesson instruction experience preferred
· One year customer service preferred
Licenses / Certifications / Registrations
· ASCA Level 3 Certification (mandatory) or higher
· Member of ASCA and USA Swimming
· Safety Training for Swim Coaches certification
· Red Cross Lifeguard and First Aid preferred
· Complete LTU Safety Training before first shift
· Complete all LTU courses within first 60 days of hire
· CPR/AED certification required within the first 3 months of hire
· Successfully complete and pass Life Time Swim Instructor Certification
All Life Time Team Members receive:
· Complimentary Life Time membership
· Team Member discounts for Life Time products & services
Additional Full Time Benefits
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Plan
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Industry-leading Education and Training
· Flexible Spending Account – Dependent (day) Care Account
· Hourly Wage
with Washington College
Washington College, a NCAA Division III member of the Centennial Conference, will be accepting applications for the 10-month position of Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swim Coach. The individual hired will be responsible for assisting the Head Men’s and Women’s Swim Coach in all phases of the Division III swimming program, within college, conference and NCAA rules and regulations with an emphasis on recruiting highly qualified prospective student/athletes. Additional responsibilities include assisting with management and staff for the Casey Aquatics Center, as well as assisting with youth swimming lessons and the competitive youth team in Chestertown.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required along with past competitive and/or coaching experience, preferably at the collegiate level. Valid driver’s license required as travel is necessary for the position at both the college level and the age group level. Red Cross certification in Lifeguard Training, CPR and First Aid required.
Washington College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse cultural environment and encourages applications from women, minorities, disabled persons, and veterans.
with The College aqt Brockport.edu
The College at Brockport is seeking an Assistant Coach for the Golden Eagles Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving program. The position can be constructed as a 10 month or 12 month contract depending on what suits the accepted candidate. Includes $10,000 salary , tuition waivers for graduate classes, on-campus housing, and meals also provided.
The candidate should possess the desire and ability to help recruit and build a winning Division III team and have an open mind towards new and unique methods of training.
* Bachelor’s Degree
* Acceptance into a Graduate Program at The College at Brockport
* College swimming or coaching experience
* Red Cross certification: Lifeguarding, First Aid and CPR
* Valid driver’s license
Duties include but not limited to:
* Recruiting: Identify and contact prospective student-athletes that meet the requirements of the college. Including: off-campus visits, arranging on-campus visits, and be primary contact with admissions regarding all recruiting processes.
* Implement and facilitate practices within the prescribed training methods
* Maintain all team social media
* Arrange team travel including meals and hotels
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Start Date: August 1, 2018
Contract Duration: 2 years
with Friends Select Aquatics
Friends Select School is a 550-student, co-educational, prekindergarten through twelfth grade, college preparatory, independent school located in Center City Philadelphia. The school carries out its mission in a manner reflective of the spiritual and social testimonies of the Religious Society of Friends.
Friends Select School is currently seeking applicants for a full-time Head Aquatics Club Coach/Aquatics Director to lead our year-round age group team of approximately 70 athletes. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, facilitating practices of the Gold group, coordinating coaching staff, attending meets, and other administrative responsibilities.
- Meet all USA Swimming coaching requirements, ASCA level 2 or higher
- At least four years of swim coaching experience with head coach experience preferred
- Current Lifeguard Instructor and Lifeguard certifications
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication, decision making and conflict resolution
- Have excellent organizational skills
- Possess the administrative skills needed to carry out the various responsibilities of the program which include but are not limited to the management of swimmer enrollment, oversite of fee payments, request for payment submittals, time card management, and other administrative responsibilities as outlined in the job description.
This position would be eligible for the benefit package available to all full-time employees at the school. The annual salary will be commensurate with experience.
with Penobscot Bay YMCA
Join the Penobscot Bay YMCA, one of the fastest growing YMCAs in Northern New England. Live on the beautiful coast of Maine, surrounded by abundant natural resources, great schools and modern YMCA facilities. Established swim team with nearly 100 swimmers and a history of high achieving athletes. We are looking for a high energy professional to bring passion to the pool deck each day and share that love for swimming with our athletes. We are open to this being a full or part-time position based on the candidate.
Penobscot Bay YMCA is seeking a successful and proven Competitive Swim Director / Head Coach. Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, this individual is responsible for the management of the swim team in accordance with the rules and regulations set forth by the YMCA of the USA, USA Swimming and the Penobscot Bay YMCA. The person filling this position needs to possess knowledge of competitive swimming and be able to utilize various instructional techniques based on age and ability. This individual is expected to form positive relationships, mentor as appropriate and effectively communicate with coaching staff, swim team members, parents and the Penobscot Bay YMCA Community in general. The successful candidate must have a vision for growth and be willing to work within the Aquatics Department and community to develop a larger, year-around competitive swim program.
Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
¨ Hires, trains, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
¨ Monitors team activities to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
¨ Plans and monitors all aspects of training and competition, including swim team practice and meet schedules.
¨ Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
¨ Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
¨ Assists in YMCA and Swim Team fund raising activities and special events.
¨ Effectively communicates to all competitive swimming stakeholders including; participants, parents, assistant coaches, members and fellow Y staff members.
¨ Compiles and manages program statistics and data. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
¨ Create and implement developmentally appropriate training programs for all swim team athletes.
¨ Instruct swim lessons and stroke development clinics.
¨ Creates and maintains a positive, supportive team environment, where all athletes grow and develop into healthy young adults.
with The College of Wooster
Assistant Coach, Men and Women’s Swimming
Assists in the coaching duties of the Men Women’s Swimming programs governed by NCAA Operating Bylaws. Oversees one or more specified areas of the sporting discipline or component of a team and assists the Head Coach with all aspects of recruitment and training of student-athletes, and the total organization and administration of the program, as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Head Coach in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team practices, training, and competition.
- Assists with the design of workout programs and training routines to improve athletic performance.
- Assists, as directed with implementing and supervising athletic training, strength, and conditioning workouts, provides technical support and training to athletes, as appropriate to the sport.
- Conducts recruitment of student-athletes in accordance with NCAA rules.
- Assists, as assigned, in planning and arranging team travel; may coordinate personnel and equipment transportation and accommodations.
- May perform administrative duties including working with purchasing/facility manager on ordering and maintaining equipment and supplies, and event management.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge and understanding of the specified sports program. Knowledge of NCAA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment and retention of student-athletes.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have a valid Driver’s License, CPR, First Aid, and appropriate sport specific certification.
with Aquatic Team of Mecklenburg (ATOM)
Aquatic Team of Mecklenburg (ATOM) is currently seeking an energetic, knowledgeable and passionate full time swim coach for our sites in the Uptown and Southpark areas of Charlotte, NC. Applicants should be able to write practices, administer dryland workouts, complete meet entries, attend meets, and communicate with parents. Applicants will also be responsible for creating a culture of care and hard work. The coach would be on deck five days to six days a week and an average of one to two meets per month. Applicants should have a minimum of two years of coaching experience. Wage based on experience and expertise.
ATOM is a growing club located in Charlotte, NC that has emerged as a presence on the State, Sectional and National Level. They have continually qualified swimmers for competition at the highest level and have produced National qualifiers, State record holders, Nationally ranked athletes, Sectional and State Champions all while focused on developing swimmers within the program and teaching the fundamentals of swimming to all ages. ATOM also has a rich history of producing athletes who have competed on the collegiate, national and international level. The team currently has just over 160 swimmers, and is focused on creating an environment where all swimmers can be successful.
with Team CleC
Job Title: ASSISTANT COACH – CHAD LE CLOS
Contract: Fixed Term (1 – 2 years)
Location: Europe, Middle East, and Africa (with travel)
Chad le Clos is one of swimming’s biggest global stars with World, Olympic and Commonwealth titles and an unbelievable journey to date, having first burst into the public eye when he beat his childhood hero, Michael Phelps at the London Olympics.
We have an exciting opportunity for a young coach to join Team CLeC as Assistant Coach to work with Chad across all aspects of his training and performance on his way to becoming the fastest in the world.
Team CLeC are hard-working and strive to go the extra mile in order to be the best they can be. Our existing team is made up of Head Coach Andrea Di Nino, world renowned Italian coach with over 20 years’ experience which includes success at multiple Olympic, World and Commonwealth games, as well as academic research in swimming; Dryland Coach Silvio Barnabá, also current strength and conditioning coach of U20 Italian National Basketball Team; and Performance Manager Jonathan Guy, who are all dynamic and passionate individuals.
For more information see www.chadleclos.com
- Assistant Coach for Chad le Clos, working with Head Coach Andrea Di Nino
- Oversee the day-to-day coaching programme
- Manage all training sessions with Chad le Clos
- Assist with schedule management; including WADA, event entries and travel itineraries
- Travel with Chad le Clos to Energy Standard Training Camps and International competitions as required
- It is essential that the candidate has at least 2 years’ experience with:
- proven coaching qualifications
- comprehensive understanding of the global elite swimming set up (former elite swimmer would be considered an advantage)
- Degree in physiology or sports education would be considered an advantage
- Passionate and self-motivated individual
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent verbal communication skills – English preferred first language or fluent written / spoken
- Strong written skills, with experience of the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Discretion and understanding of confidentiality matters
- Desire to learn from Head Coach Andrea Di Nino, and Dryland Coach Silvio Barnabá
- Flexibility to travel where / when required by Chad / Head Coach
Start date: ASAP
Applications: Please send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]
UWC South East Asia is a K-12 international school that provides a life-defining educational experience to more than 4,500 students spread over two campuses in Singapore. UWCSEA educates individuals to embrace challenge and take responsibility for shaping a better future. Join us as:
SWIMMING COACH (Full time)
UWCSEA Phoenix Swim Team is searching for an energetic swimming coach to join our program. The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning and implementation of training sessions for a junior squad, as well as assisting the Head Coach with the coaching of the middle and high school performance squads. As a school program, there are also curriculum PE and Learn-to-swim commitments, which are delivered in line with the UWCSEA ethos. This would be an ideal position for an experienced coach of junior swimmers and/or learn-to-swim.
- Assist the Head Coach with the middle/high school competitive squads
- Coaching of the competitive and non competitive Junior School squads (aged 7-11 years) including detailed session planning
- Assist teachers with PE aquatics classes, including learn-to-swim, stroke development and other aquatics activities
- Lead learn-to-swim (LTS) classes – including detailed lesson plans
- Complete swim meet entries (through ‘Team Manager’ – training available)
- Attend and coach at meets in which the Swim Team is competing
- Positive and energetic delivery of sessions
- Ensure the pool area is safe, secure and presentable at all times
- Arrange set up and clearing of equipment for swim classes and swim events
- Responsible for pool monitoring equipment maintenance, storage and pool facility upkeep
- Maintain necessary administrative log records
- Assist with planning and running of Phoenix competitions and the UWC local service program
- Coach/teach for 1 week at the start or end of the October, December and April school holidays
- Coach/teach during the Chinese New Year school break when necessary
- Coach/teach for 2 weeks at the start or end of the July/August school holiday.
Personal and Professional Requirements
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum FINA Level 2 Coach or UKCC Level 2 certified (or International equivalent) – training may be available for strong candidates
- Minimum 1 year swim coaching experience
- Certified First Aider (preferred – training available)
- Computer skills (‘Team Manager’ and ‘Meet Manager’ – training available)
- Competent working with children of different ages
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- An ability to communicate confidently and respectfully with International School parents and staff. This will include regular e-mail communication and an understanding of the International School environment.
- Evidence of previous squad planning would be beneficial
with Blue Legend Swimming Academy
Starting from 2014, Blue Legend has more than 500 students in both Sugarland and Katy area. Our proven swim curriculum has been carefully developed to increase a student’s swim technical skills, encourage a love of learning, and promote self-esteem. Now Blue Legend Swimming Academy is seeking a part-time/full-time swim coach to work with our group swim program consisting of our Basic, Elementary, Intermediate, Advanced and Pro program. This entails working with age group swimmers ages 4-15 years with a wide range of abilities. The assistant swim coach will oversee training activities of assigned group. Instruct groups lessons focusing on technique, endurance, stroke development and drills, etc.
Lessons are from 5:15 pm-8:15 pm on Tue, Wed, Fri and 5:30 pm-8:30 pm on Mon, Thurs, Sat. On Sat and Sun, the group lessons are from 14:00 pm-19:00 pm. Right now, the locations are at Dynamic Fitness of Dairy Ashford Rd and Alt 90 on Tue, Wed, Fri, Sun on Sugarland; Dynamic Fitness at I-10 and Baker Cypress Exit on Mon, Thurs and Sat on Katy. We practice all year except some of the FBISD and Katy ISD holidays.
The position is responsible for the safety of the participant in the class. Work hours as scheduled which includes beginning and ending class on time; remaining after class to answer parent questions as needed, and clean up equipments and supplies. Instructs and evaluate students participating in swim lessons. Coach students in groups, demonstrating proper swimming technique and observing students detect and correct mistakes. Submits completed report cards, skill sheets on time. Attends mandatory meetings and training sessions as scheduled. All new team members must complete the training, regardless of experience. Act immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency. Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high stars of customer emergency. All other duties as assigned and appropriate.
Consistent attendance and performance is a must
Energetic with main focus on stroke development.
Experience working with children in large groups
Must have a background of 3 or 4 years of competitive swimming or minimum of one year experience as a swim instructor
High school diploma, GED or equivalent required
Certification of CPR, AED and First Aid (Preferred)
ASCA Level 3 Certification or higher (Preferred)
with City of Klamath Falls Ella Redkey Municipal Pool
************THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED************
Under direction of the Parks Manager, the Ella Redkey Municipal Pool Supervisor is responsible for performing various management responsibilities in relation to the day-to-day operation of the City Pool. Salary of $4,211 – $5,896 per month DOE plus an excellent benefits package. The Ella Redkey Municipal Pool is a geothermal heated outdoor pool. This unique pool is connected to the City’s geothermal heating system keeping the pool temperature up to 85 degrees. Some of the many programs offered by the Ella Redkey Pool include lap, open, masters and family swims, swim lessons, water aerobics, private parties, special events, fundraisers, and much more!
Job offers for this position are contingent on passing a pre-employment drug screen and background investigation.
Education and/or Experience:
BS/BA in Recreation or Physical Education and two years of experience with demonstrated skill in organizing and implementing leisure activities. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for education. Two years relevant experience must include: 1) experience in developing aquatic and recreational programs, 2) customer service training and experience; 3) training in management and supervisory techniques; and, 4) experience providing swim lessons, water aerobics lessons, master’s swim lessons, or water polo instruction.
Lifeguard Instructor (LGI) Certification, Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) or Certified Pool Operator (CPO) Certification, Group Exercise or Aquatic Exercise Instructor Certification, American Swim Coaches Association (ASCA) Level 2 Coaching Certification, Water Safety Instructor (WSI) or other National Lesson Instruction Certification, National Aquatic Management School Certification or course completion, CPR and First Aid Certification. Bloodborne Pathogens Training.
with Canyons Aquatic Club
Canyons Aquatic Club has potential for multiple openings on our coaching staff.
We are seeking both a Head Age Group Coach and other full/part-time coaches. This is a great opportunity to work with a USA Swimming Silver Medal Team in the beautiful Santa Clarita Valley, just 45 minutes north of central Los Angeles. Canyons has a 40-year history of excellence in the highly competitive Southern California LSC, and we are aiming to take an already successful club to new heights with our swimmers and dedicated parent-member base.
Candidates should have lots of energy and passion for the sport to better motivate their swimmers, but also have excellent organizational and discipline skills, have deep knowledge about the technical aspects of the sport. Candidate will also be called upon to support the club in other areas, such as meets directing and fund-raising efforts.
Canyons is also looking for candidates that will support and carry out the mission of Canyons Aquatic Club and the philosophy of growth put forward by the Head Coach of a program that fosters the long term development of the swimmer as a person first and as an athlete that has limitless potential when equipped with the right tools and support throughout the development processes.
• Up-to-date USA Swimming credentials.
• Spotless background and reference check.
• A Head Age Group Coach will be set apart by having demonstrated the ability to lead and encourage other staff members effectively, to set up training plans for all ages and abilities that systematically teach both the foundational and technical aspects of the sport along with a strong clerical and organizational mindset.
• A Coach joining as a full or part time will have multiple years of experience and a hunger to grow.
• Ability to create strong connections with swimmers and parents alike and help swimmers achieve their goals.
• Ability to work with different ages and ability levels.
• Experience/knowledge of technology (video, social media, etc).
• Work with the Head Coach and staff to design, organize, and implement a training and performance culture that leads to long-term performance success.
• Lead diverse groups of swimmers towards their path of excellence
• Fully participate in the dry side of meet logistics and planning.
• Have the ability to build a schedule that adjusts to shifting and demanding expectations.
• Attend weekly staff meetings.
• Maintain a positive and encouraging environment.
• Assist with other training groups as needed.
At FINIS our vision is to improve the quality of swimming. We express that vision through innovative product development, convenient customer service, and ultimately the sharing our unique technical knowledge with everyone. Passionate about swimming and the water, our entire staff is a dedicated and highly ambitious TEAM focused on achieving our vision.
The FINIS workplace is a dynamic and fast-paced environment that thrives on innovation, leadership and success. Whether you are an experienced professional or a recent high school graduate, you can contribute to FINIS’s vision. To learn more about FINIS and possible employment opportunities, please send inquires and resumes to [email protected]
The FINIS Sales & Marketing Team is seeking the best and brightest to take our brand to the next level. This is a Team Sales Representative role, responsible for prospecting and developing new business.
Successful candidates for this position will beresults-driven, with a genuine passion for competitive swimming. This role will be responsible for selling and promoting FINIS to teams, coaches,and retail accounts. At FINIS, we love two things: swimming and innovation. The draw to the water is in our blood, and our passion to educate drives us to constantly challenge the status quo-we are looking for individuals that are ready to do the same!
Sound like you? Great. Tell us your story! We look forward to hearing more about you and why you would be a good fit to our team
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including gender, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), religion, marital or registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.