with Machine Aquatics
We are looking to hire a Full Time Senior & Age Group Coach for our Audrey Moore Location in Virginia. This coach would lead, design and foster systematic growth from the youngest novices to the appropriate High Performance Age Group level programs while working within the Team Mission Statement/Vision/Values (see website).
Essential Job Tasks include:
1) Abide by the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and Machine Aquatics policies and procedures.
2) Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with the Head Coach and Senior
3) Establish a local presence and reputation with Potomac Valley LSC, summer league via clinics, volunteering etc.
4) Plan and execute team-building and social functions.
Preferred qualifications include:
1) Coaching membership in good standing with USA swimming.
2) Current ASCA Membership (level 3 or higher is preferred, but equivalent experience will be considered).
3) A college degree (preferred, but not required).
4) Candidates should have experience that illustrates exceptional communication and motivation skills with children, taking into consideration varied social, emotional and physical attributes, possess an attitude of inclusion and team building,
5) Must be prepared to develop talent, rather than manage great athletes.
6) Must want to increase the number of athletes that swim into their teen years and increase the number of athletes that qualify for championship opportunities.
7) Should have a record of producing well-rounded swimmers with sound biomechanics.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Full Time Benefits (after brief probation period) include Medical, Paid Vacation/Holiday, cell phone and the Club pays for USA membership and background screening, professional development/certifications, attendance at clinics.
HOW TO APPLY
About Machine Aquatics
Machine Aquatics is a coach-owned club in the Metropolitan, DC area. Our team is an USA Swimming Silver & Bronze Medal Swim Club since 2009 and home to 600+ competitive age group swimmers and 100+ Stroke School swimmers, ages 5-20+ with a number of current USA Swimming National & Olympic Trial qualifiers. The team trains in multiple locations in Fairfax County, Virginia and Price George’s County, MD both in private clubs and public recreational facilities. Fairfax County is home to a dozen of the best public and private schools in the country and is a progressive, safe place to raise a family while being only minutes from downtown Washington, D.C.
Swimming News/Swimming Job is courtesy of Machine Aquatics.
with East Carolina University
Vacancy #: 983003
Salary Range: Commensurate with Qualifications
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The primary and most important responsibility of a coach is instructing student-athletes. Reporting to the Head Coach – Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving, the individual serving in this position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of position/positions assignment as directed by the Head Coach.
- Performs planning, organization and execution for coaching (instruction/education) duties as described and assigned by the Head Coach for all meetings, practice sessions and competitions
- Function in game day organization and assignments as prescribed by the Head Coach.
- Evaluation of opponents and the development of a game plan for student-athlete instruction in accordance with position/positions assignment as prescribed by the Head Coach.
- Perform recruiting activities and responsibilities as assigned by the Head Coach and/or Swimming recruiting coordinator to meet the objectives of the university and team, including the evaluation, contact, and establishing relationships with prospective student-athletes and coaches.
- Attend all staff meetings as scheduled by the Head Coach.
- Assist in the development of team rules and policies.
- Responsible for supervision, instruction and direction of student-athletes as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Support, abide and enforce all academic guidelines and policies of the university, athletics department and Swimming program to insure academic progress of the student-athlete as directed by the Head Coach.
- Support and work cooperatively with Sports Medicine/Athletic Training, Strength and Conditioning, Equipment, Student Development, Life Skills, NCAA Compliance, Media Relations etc. areas in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Assist with administrative functions of the Swimming program as directed by the Head Coach.
- Perform duties with professional conduct, being fiscally responsible and with a commitment to student-athlete well-being.
- Abide by all written policies, procedures and guidelines of East Carolina University, the Department of Athletics, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and all applicable conferences or associations.
- Build quality relationships and work collaboratively and professionally with athletics, Pirate Club and University staff, students, and all constituencies and stakeholders.
- Be available to make appearances, perform media interviews, speaking engagements and support ECU Pirate Club activities representing the Swimming program and ECU athletics.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Qualifying degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions and conferred by the time of hire.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Prior collegiate diving participation and/or coaching experience are preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. Candidates must also submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae/resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.
Original transcript required within 30 days of employment.
East Carolina University seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. In order to promote the university’s diversity goal, the Athletics Department encourages applicants from women, minorities, and historically underrepresented groups.
Additional Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must complete a candidate profile or staff application (see “Application Types Accepted” below) online via the PeopleAdmin system. In addition, applicants must submit the documents requested in order to be considered for the position.
Application Types Accepted:
Candidate Profile (EHRA only)
Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy # 983003 to ECU Human Resources at www.jobs.ecu.edu.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=86398
with Southridge Aquatic Raider Gators
**********This position has been filled************
Southridge Aquatic Raider Gators is seeking a motivated and knowledgable individual as head coach of a well-established age group club. Head coach will work with swimmers, parents, and assistants to continue to build upon our tradition of excellence in Southern Indiana swimming.
Please see our website, swimsarg.org, for more details under the “documents” tab.
with Emmaus Aquatic Club
The EMAC Head Coach will be responsible for creating and executing a strategic plan consistent with the mission of our club. We strive to foster and grow swimmers of every ability. EMAC is committed to providing a safe, healthy, competitive environment where swimmers are encouraged to set goals and work towards achieving them inside and outside the pool. We value our members, athletes, and coaching team that help our organization grow in USA Swimming and in the community.
EMAC seeks an energetic person with experience coaching at an elite level. The EMAC Head Coach will plan and conduct swim practices, including dryland training. Other responsibilities include setting the team meet schedule, hosting well-run meets, and creating an interactive environment in a competitive landscape that motivates swimmers to achieve and exceed their goals.
EMAC’s Head Coach will work efficiently within the annual budget, effectively communicate with EMAC members, be responsible for recruitment and retention, direct and inspire EMAC coaches and staff, and also collaborate with the local high school coaches. There is an opportunity to oversee the overall business operations, including our lesson program, summer facility, and pool management contracts.
- Work with The Board to implement and maintain The Club’s mission statement and goals
- Position reports to The Board and is accountable for monthly/quarterly reporting of status of initiatives, programs, athletic performance, and swimmers in program/waiting list
- Plan, schedule, and conduct workouts for competitive program consistent with Club’s long-term goals.
- Supervise Head Age Group Coach.
- Assist Head Age Group Coach in the supervision of all other coaches
- Assist Head Age Group coach in assigning swim meet coaching duties. Ensure travel code of conduct is followed during travel meets.
- Assist Head Age Group coach in administration of Waiting List
- Maintain membership in USA Swimming and maintain all required certifications.
- Act as a liaison between EMAC and Middle Atlantic Swimming, attending pertinent MA Swimming meetings. Ensure coaching staff maintains USA coaching requirements/certifications
- Ensure all coaches abide by USA Swimming Safe Sport guidelines.
- Communicate with the membership in regards to training schedules, meet schedules, meetings, website content.
- Ensure that accurate attendance records are taken by coaching staff
- Deal with parental and/or athlete issues face to face, by phone, or email as they arise and report any major issues to the Board as needed.
- Supervise Club website to ensure accuracy
- Communicate with East Penn School District administration to acquire permission and planning of hosted swim meets.
- Communicate monthly with EPSD admin as to the daily training schedule.
- Ensure that all meet results are uploaded and accurate in Team Unify
- Help Meet Director with annual paperwork dealing with meet bids.
- Coordinate all meet entries and assure that they are sent to meet hosts along with payments.
- Ensure that all rosters are up to date to ensure accurate billing each month.
- Ensure swimmers are registered and that meet fees are paid in a timely manner.
- Maintain a presence in the community to actively promote EMAC and recruit new membership.
- Hold parent meetings each session to review important information pertaining to being a member of the club.
- Be available for members/Board members by having available time in the office.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Board.
Potential additional responsibilities could include: Supervision of Office Manager, Supervision of Facility/Pool Manager, Supervision of Swim Lesson Coordinator, Oversee all business operations
- Coaching membership in good standing with USA Swimming
- 5-8 years experience coaching competitive swimming
- Current ASCA Membership, level 3+
- Demonstrates successful track record with senior level coaching and previous management experience
- Experience with Team Unify, Meet Manager, and OME software
with West Hollywood Aquatics
West Hollywood Aquatics is currently seeking a head coach to lead the swimming side of our organization. We are seeking an experienced and motivated individual who creates great workouts, inspires high morale, encourages recruitment of new members, builds team cohesiveness, communicates effectively and provides positive reinforcement.
Job description & responsibilities
- Develop annual + quarterly workout plan, meet with assistant coaches on workout plan development and implementation
- Provide monthly coaching and workout updates to the Board of Directors
- Coordinate weekly with the Board swimming rep & facilities coordinator
- Supervise assistant coaching staff and provide coaching feedback
- Coordinate the coaching schedule, substitutes, and meet/event coaching
- Be on deck coaching a minimum 6 workouts a week
- Meet with swimmers, when requested, to establish training goals
- Understand, communicate and enforce the team’s policies and procedures
- Foster a welcoming environment for new swimmers with the goal of retaining swimmers who come to WH2O
- Foster an active, athletic and entertaining atmosphere
- Understand and encourage the WH2O founding mission of openness, inclusion and promotion of aquatic sports & competition
Previous experience & skills
- Prior experience coaching a masters-level swim team, preferably affiliated with USMS, collegiate–level or other relevant club experience
- Competitive swimming experience and strong knowledge of stroke mechanics
- Demonstrated experience coaching both competitive and recreational swimmers
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor, provide leadership, and exhibit a positive, team-building attitude
- Physical demands including the ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke
- techniques (out of and in the water), lift and move light pool equipment
- Technical abilities of basic email, web applications, microsoft word, excel, powerpoint
- Strong organization and planning abilities (travel planning, scheduling, correspondence)
- Ability to travel 2-3 weekends/weeks per year for swim meets and conferences
- At least 18 years of age
- USMS Certified Coach or USAS Coaching Member or ASCA Certified Coach, Adult CPR/First Aid
Compensation & reporting
- Compensation to be based on previous experience and time commitment to position
- Travel expenses and per-diem, annual USMS coaching membership, conferences and development workshops as approved by the board
- The head coach reports to the elected team board of directors
- Continual performance feedback monthly and salary review annually with board of directors
with Edmonton Keyano Swim Club
Recent changes within Edmonton Keyano Swim Club have provided the opportunity to review our high performance competitive programme, and we are now seeking to recruit a Head Coach based in Edmonton, who is able to lead a Club of approx. 350 swimmers with a strong high performance age group focus. This is an exciting time for the Club as we move towards stronger partnership relationships with Swim Alberta and the University of Alberta in delivering high performance swimming capabilities, and you will champion and build athlete pathways across the age groups and up to national level in addition to managing the technical swimming programme requirements of a large Club. The skills and attributes you would bring to the role include:
- Proven experience working in a high-performance sport environment;
- Demonstrated history to mentor and provide leadership to both coaches and athletes;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, a proven self-starter and an effective communicator;
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills;
- Highly effective planning and organization skills;
- Demonstrated experience in managing the technical swimming programme and coaching programme of a high performance Club; and,
- Currently hold a minimum NCCP Level 3 certification (or equivalent).
As the Head Coach, you will be directly responsible for:
- Recruiting, developing and leading the Keyano Club coaching staff. This includes overall responsibility for a coaching team of approximately 5 senior coaches and 16 assistant coaches, across multiple satellite locations around Edmonton. Mentoring other coaches and providing coaching development will be key areas of activity.
- Accountable for the technical swimming programme across all squads within Edmonton Keyano; ensuring their alignment and progress towards delivering a high performance age group swimming capability which will directly feed into the High Performance Program Initiative – North.
- Production of a technical strategic swimming plan, updated on an annual basis complete with measurable and reportable performance outcomes. This should be presented to the EKSC Board and their agreement obtained annually.
- Directly coach and be accountable for swimmers in the highest level group within the Club.
- The Head Coach will provide guidance and leadership to strategic initiatives of EKSC and work collaboratively with the EKSC Board in creating/refining the EKSC strategic plan on an annual basis, identifying areas for improvement in the plan to bring forward to annual strategic planning review sessions.
- Planning and delivering the annual/seasonal training and competition programs for all training groups, in coordination with the coaching and administrative team. This includes regular audits of these programs at all locations and performance improvement updates to members, parents and the Board.
- Working collaboratively with other staff and volunteers for the attraction, development and retention of swimmers in EKSC.
- Liaising directly with the Performance Coach for the High Performance Program Initiative – North (HPPI-N), ensuring swimming programmes are aligned; competitive pathways are clear and accessible; performance targets and results are reported regularly. The relationship between both the Performance Coach for HPPI-N and Head Coach should be a partnership approach for delivering optimal swimming capabilities for Northern Alberta.
- Visible active engagement with swimmers and parents across all levels and squads within the Club during each 12-month period. Be the visible face of the coaching staff, actively engaging with all stakeholders – members, parents, volunteers, provincial/national governing bodies and other swim clubs.
- Attending all Keyano hosted swimming competitions, Provincials and National-level competitions.
- Shared administration resources will support both this role and the Operations activities.
As the Head Coach, you should have the following experience, education and qualifications:
- 10+ years managing and leading large diverse teams;
- Level 3 coaching certification (or equivalent);
- University degree in related field of study;
- Previous head coaching experience preferred;
- Previous elite swim coaching experience.
As the Head Coach, you should demonstrate the following leadership competencies:
- Strategic orientation. He/she will have a clear view of the future direction for the Club and enable the leadership team to deliver. He/she frames strategic options for the club and is not afraid of considering ambitious, even unorthodox ideas. He/she is able to spot previously unidentified opportunities and bring creative solutions for balancing finite resources.
- Influence with Impact. He/she will be able to influence the team to achieve strategic outcomes. Actively develops internal and external partnerships/relationships on a foundation of credibility and trust. Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to influence, motivate, and develop mutually beneficial relationships and outcomes.
- Results orientation. He/she will deliver over expectations by being energized by the challenge and setting stretching goals for self and the team. He/she will exploit opportunities to exceed goals and work towards them even under adverse circumstances.
- Team leadership. He/she will empower the teams to perform, identify and solve problems, providing necessary support where needed. He/she creates a clear sense of team identity and holds teams accountable for meeting collective goals. He/she rewards individual initiatives beyond expectations to advance the common goal.
- Collaboration and influencing skills. He/she motivates others to work with self by using informal structures, dynamics and culture of the organization to get things done. He/she actively seeks input in decision making and shows others how their objectives align with own. He/she actively communicates and collaborates with the broader organisation and Partner organisations, ensuring enduring committed partnerships.
with Little Rock Swimming & Diving
The Assistant Women’s Swimming Coach is a twelve month position (75% appointment) and will be responsible for successful execution in planning, developing and administering all phases of the women’s swimming coaching and recruiting program. All duties and responsibilities are governed by state, federal and university policy.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recruit, evaluate, and build communication with prospective student athletes
- Assist in budget preparation and administration
- Compliance with all NCAA, Missouri Valley Conference and institutional rules
- Monitor academic progress toward degree
- Assist head coach with fund raising and alumni development
- Assist head coach in practice and competition
- Assist with organizational planning (travel, community service, study hall, etc.)
- Provide positive leadership for student-athletes
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of NCAA, Missouri Valley Conference and University rules
- Knowledge of budgeting processes
- Ability to work nights and weekends with extensive travel
Required Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree and the ability to coach at the collegiate level.
with Greenwich Academy
Greenwich Academy is seeking a head swim coach for its swimming and diving program. The coach is responsible for the entire program, grades 7-12, designing and implementing a training regimen that meets the needs of all swimmers. At the varsity level, implementing racing strategy in both dual and invitational meets to allow for success is critical. The qualified applicant will have excellent communication skills and will be a terrific role model for young women as well as having experience as a swimmer and proven success as a coach at the club or interscholastic level. Knowledge of the Hy-Tek program and experience with a touch pad timing system as well being a Certified Pool Operator are a plus. A successful candidate will work cooperatively and collegially with Greenwich Academy’s brother school, Brunswick, with which the school shares a pool. Greenwich Academy is a member of the Fairchester Athletic Association and competes in all sports against the top independent schools in New England. At all times, the coach is expected to model and inspire others to follow the School’s motto, Toward the Building of Character.
with Fresno Pacific University
The Assistant Swim Coach reports to the Head Swimming & Diving Coach. The position will assist with running training sessions, compliance tasks, and recruiting. Majority of focus will be on-deck coaching, with some limited office hours.
This is a part-time, stipend position.
- Be in agreement with the university’s Confession of Faith, have a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, be active in the life of the church and live a life consistent with a commitment to the Lordship of Christ.
- Embrace the mission, vision and values of Fresno Pacific University.
- Be Christ-centered in all areas while working with staff, faculty, students and guests.
- On-deck coaching
- Assist with planning of season and planning individual training sessions
- Assist with recruiting of qualified student-athletes
- Demonstrated personal Christian faith and commitment to the Christian mission of the university
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience necessary.
- Previous experience coaching at the club or collegiate level
- CPR/First Aid Training
- Driver’s License
- Collegiate coaching experience
- USA Swimming Certification
- Experience as a collegiate student-athlete
- Majority of time will be outdoors, in various weather conditions.
- Standing for long stretches of time (3-4+) hours
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
with VillaSport Athletic Club and Spa
This position works closely with the Aquatics Director in developing, coordinating, and managing the VillaSport Competitive USA Swim Team in a safe and responsible manner. This person will be provided with general supervision by the Aquatics Director and will need to be organized, self-motivated, resourceful, and able to successfully manage the programs with minimal direct supervision.
-Familiarity with aquatics industry
-Certified USA Swimming Coach in good standing
-Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
-Competitive swimming background
-Minimum of 3 years coaching USA competitive swim teams and a minimum of 3 years instructing swim lessons
-Experience coaching and developing swim curriculum for children and adults
-Minimum of 1 year in management or supervisory swim team role
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills
-American Swimming Coaches Association – Level 2
-American Red Cross Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED
-Safety Training for Swim Coaches – required prior to hire date
-Current American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification may substitute for Safety Training for Swim Coaches and -First Aid/CPR/AED
-Associates Degree or higher
OTHER ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS:
-Excellent customer service skills
-Energy, enthusiasm and positivity
-Great communication and organizational skills
-Honesty and professional integrity
with Decatur Swim club
The Head Swim Coach (Head Coach) position is a full-time, year-round position based in Decatur, IL. The Head Coach will be expected to coach a minimum of five practices weekly and dedicate approximately 12 to 16 hours monthly toward administrative duties. The Head Coach reports directly to the Board of Directors.
A key leader of our team, the Head Coach should be an experienced coach and swimmer. The Head Coach serves as a motivational figure who inspires high morale, encourages recruitment of new members, builds team cohesiveness, communicates effectively and provides positive reinforcement.
About Decatur Swim Club
The Decatur Swim Club (DSC) is a USA Swimming team. We welcome swimmers of all abilities, from recreational swimmers who want feedback and encouragement to learn swimming to competitive elite swimmers interested in training for meets.
DSC is a membership driven, 501(c)(3) organization with an active Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities and expectations include but are not limited to the following:
Managing and Coaching Workouts:
● Serve as deck coach for a minimum of five workouts a week (about 3 hours/workout)
● Supervise assistant coaching staff (currently three), including organizing and overseeing the workouts and coaching schedule and ensuring that the weekly workouts are staffed on an ongoing basis by qualified coaches
● Prepare workouts in advance taking into account the varying skill levels of the swimmers to make adjustments as needed, and ensuring workouts are clearly communicated to the swimmers by the coaching staff
● Develop a training cycle taking into consideration the varying levels of commitment and goals of both non-competitive and competitive swimmers
● Provide swimmer feedback
● Ensure all practice changes, pool closures, upcoming activities, and competitions are communicated to swimmers by email and at each workout
● Foster a welcoming environment for new swimmers with the goal of retaining swimmers who come to DSC for a free trial practice
● Encourage team participation
● Recruit, hire, and supervise assistant coaching staff, including substitute coaches
● Follow all the rules outline in our lease agreement with Millikin University
● Other duties as required
● Work with Board of Directors to plan, schedule, and staff periodic swim events, including the annual Seth Dunscomb swim meet, swim and stroke clinics, and intra-squad meets
● Represent DSC and actively participate in USA Swim events
● Manage relationship and serve as primary liaison with Millikin University on behalf of DSC and in consultation with the Board of Directors to address any facility and maintenance issues and ensure limited disruption in the workout schedule
● Provide a Head Coach report to the Board of Directors at the beginning of each Board meeting; work with Board of Directors to implement policies and procedures
● Schedule and lead regular coaches’ meetings to ensure that all coaching staff understand and implement the training cycle
● Oversee equipment and property needs; coordinate ordering and sale of DSC merchandise
● Ensure all team members are registered with USA Swimming Association
● Submit regular and accurate time and expense reports
● Ensure all coaching staff have required training and certification per DSC and USA Swim requirements
The ideal candidate will have prior experience coaching a club level swim team, preferably affiliated with USA Swimming, as well as excellent communication and organizational skills. Minimum requirements and qualifications include:
Competitive swimming experience and strong knowledge of stroke-mechanics
Demonstrated experience effectively coaching both competitive and recreational swimmers
Maintain professional demeanor, provide leadership, and exhibit a positive, team-building attitude
Encourage the DSC mission of promoting community physical fitness, personal achievement, friendship, and fun through recreational and competitive swimming
Physical demands include the ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke techniques, lift and move light equipment, and take chemical samples
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Lifeguard/Adult CPR/First Aid certified (Water Safety Instruction certified preferred)
Substantive previous coaching experience
Interest in providing a range of swimming abilities with challenging, motivating workouts
Desire to encourage simmers and provide guidance on stroke technique for swimmers of varying ability
Possess a passion for swimming and working with swimmers
The Head Coach reports to the Board of Directors.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, salary position. Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition to salary, DSC will pay the Head Coach’s annual USA Swim dues and provide DSC membership.
DSC is committed to ensuring a diverse and welcoming environment for all individuals, regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical ability, or disability.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Decatur Swim Club reserves the right to change this job description at any time without notice.
with The Race Club
The Race Club, with locations in the amazing tropical paradise of Islamorada in the Florida Keys and in Coronado, a beautiful island in San Diego, is hiring for staff coaching positions ranging from 3 month internships to Senior Staff and Site Directors for experienced, professional coaches and everything in between. Currently we are looking to hire lead coaches based in San Diego, CA and Islamorada, FL.
The Race Club’s Primary Focus is on Swimming Technique and the Technical aspects of swimming. This non-traditional coaching position emphasizes teaching and the science of swimming where the coaching staff is expected to have or develop technical expertise and be on the cutting edge in the sport. This is a great opportunity to launch your coaching career to the next level by learning from world-renowned coaches and world-class athletes while applying proven fundamental progressions to a diverse population of swimmers.
Our Coaches must have a passion for swimming, curiosity and a likable personality with the ability to communicate positively and effectively with others. Swimming experience and success as a coach counts, however, all experience levels of coaches will be considered. Applicants should have talents, skills, experience and/or education outside the sport that effectively demonstrate intellect and capacity to learn. Specific skills in computer science, social media, technology, graphic arts, marketing and business administration are particularly valuable.
Benefits. Every day on the pool deck as a Race Club Coach is a step into the lab to learn at the highest level in the sport, develop and practice your coaching skills, both technical and interactive. Off of the deck, you will have the ability to contribute to building the preeminent swimming organization in the world. Opportunities for significant additional income, international exposure, and growth in a dynamic leader in the sport will be available for the best members of our staff. We are also a leader in swimming social media and online delivery of services, making a coaching position with the Race Club one of the most technologically innovative opportunities for coaches in the sport.
Join the Family. If you, or someone you know, is interested in this unique opportunity of coaching/teaching positions, please contact us. Email your resume to [email protected]
with Fork Union Military Academy
Fork Union Military Academy is seeking a Director of Aquatics, Swimming and Diving Coach for the upcoming 2017-2018 school year. Benefits include a retirement plan, health, dental, life insurance and meals provided depending on the shift. The Academy is a Christian male boarding and day school that attracts students from more than 30 states and 15 foreign countries. The Academy offers our students a college preparatory curriculum in a military-style environment.
The individual will serve as FUMA’s Director of Aquatics with responsibility for the overall management and operation of the competition facility. This will include pool programming and administration of camps, pool rentals, learn-to-swim programs, and scheduling of lifeguards. He/she will also serve as Head Coach of Swimming & Diving for Fork Union Military Academy (grades 7- Post Graduate) and Head Coach for Fork Union Aquatic Club, a USA-Swimming club team comprised of FUMA students. Due to the success of our previous coaches we have placed swimmers in various colleges swim programs including prestigious division 1 institutions. FUMA had one swimming alum who competed in the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio.
Successful candidates should possess:
- American Red Cross CPR, First Aid, Life Guarding, Life Guarding Instructor, CPR and WSI Instructor Certifications required
- Strong competitive background in swimming
- 3 or more years coaching experience on the USA Swimming Senior National and Junior National level OR coaching at NCAA Division I championship level
- Strong relationships with ASCA, USA Swimming, and NISCA
- Experience and ability to manage aquatic facility
- ASCA Level Three coach or higher desired
- Successful track record of hosting meets with strong knowledge of H.S. and USA Swimming meet protocol
- Ability to successfully integrate the swimming program into Academy environment
- Willingness to contribute to all aspects of boarding life such as study hall and student advising
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Teaching certification a plus
- Strong ability to communicate with our young men
- Dedication and commitment to Fork Union Military Academy’s mission statement.
with Waterloo Swimming
Waterloo Swimming is looking for energetic and enthusiastic Assistant Coaches to assist with growing our team. We are a Coach-owned, coach led swim club in NW Austin. We own a brand new 50 meter by 25 yard indoor swim center. We own our water!
Our coaching staff comes from all over the country bringing thought leadership to our deck. Come join a swim club that’s is making a mark on USA Swimming!
Duties and skills of an Assistant Coach include but are not limited to:
Teaching proper swim techniques and stroke mechanics,
Overseeing workouts for all practice ages and groups,
Attending all meets and team events,
Interacting effectively with parents,
Keeping records and reports as directed by the Head Coach, Head Group Coach
Maintaining a safe pool environment during practices
Following team, USA Swimming policies, rules and regulations,
Modeling proper dress, language, demeanor, and sportsmanship for swimmers, and
Exhibiting daily a passion for helping swimmers maximize their potential.
Pay will be commensurate with prior coaching experience.
No later than July 21, 2017, candidates should have the minimum USA Swimming certifications. A copy of each certification will need to be provided. For course equivalents, please refer to the USA Swimming Coaches Membership Requirements.
This position will ultimately report directly to the the Head Coach. Daily work assignments and / or communicating with your group may be directed by one of our senior assistant coaches.
with Coral Springs Swim Club
Senior Developmental Group Coaching Position:
Responsibilities: The Senior developmental group coach is responsible for groups of children ages 13-18. The coach is responsible for developing seasonal plans for his/her group, as well as writing daily work outs according to club philosophies. The coach will emphasize teaching teenagers a high level of swimming technique and instilling good work ethics, striving for success at the age group level. Season plan must be presented to the Head Coach at the beginning of every season. Workouts must be posted online on a daily basis.
Requirements: The individual should be a high energy, positive person, displaying good communication skills, working well with swimmers, parents and other coaching staff. The coach should also be familiar with using HY-Tek Meet Manager. The individual should have at least 3 years of coaching experience with USA Swimming. The coach must have successfully completed the background check, CPR/AED training, safety training for swim coaches and safe sport (athlete protection) program, and must be in good standings with USA Swimming.
Senior coach will be working with swimmers to compete at Junior Olympics, Senior Championships, Sectionals and FHSAA high school season.
This is a part-time position. Professional development is a possibility, after a certain period of time and satisfactory performance. Salary is competitive (commensurate with qualifications and experience) and further opportunities exist for technique lessons and working camps. The position is available immediately, but will be filled by the most qualified and fitting applicant.
Practice times are from: 4:00-6:00pm (Monday through Friday) during the school year. Practice schedule during the summer months change to 7:30am-9:30am (Monday through Friday). Practice times may change during the course of the year.