Location: Eastern Michigan University, Oakwood St, Ypsilanti, MI, USA
PRINCIPAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to any and all NCAA, Mid-American Conference and Eastern Michigan University policies, rules, regulations, and operational procedures.
- Organize and direct all activities of the women’s swimming program.
- Counsel and advise student-athletes with academic or personal problems.
- Direct the recruitment of prospective student-athletes to Eastern Michigan University.
- Supervise assistant coach and any non-coaching, sport-specific personnel.
- Determine the amount and quality of equipment and supplies to be ordered.
- Manage the scheduling of athletic contests.
- Monitor all expenditures associated with the women’s swimming budget.
- Perform various community services functions such as clinic and speaking engagements.
- Perform fundraising activities.
- Instruct varsity credit classes, as assigned by the Department.
- Perform related departmental duties as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Three years’ experience (i.e., recruitment, scheduling, fund raising, and training) in the assigned sports program is required.
- Knowledge of NCAA policies necessary.