Location: 4303 South 121st Plaza, Omaha, NE, USA
Aquatics Experience Manager – Diventures Omaha, NE
At Diventures, where safety is our number one priority and fun is our number one goal, we are in the relationship business. The Aquatics Experience Manager contributes to the success of Diventures by consistently building positive experiences and lasting relationships with our customers through high-touch, high-communication, personalized customer service. The Aquatics Experience Manager works closely with our customers, the Store Manager, and Diventures team members to maximize both the impact and business results of our store with a primary focus on learn to swim and aquatics programming. As a member of the store management team, the Aquatics Experience Manager assists the Store Manager and the Scuba Experience Manager in the successful operation of the facility and acts as the facility Manager on Duty in the absence of the Store Manager.
Responsible for the performance of the Learn to Swim and aquatics program businesses at their location, the Aquatics Experience Manager reports to the Store Manager and works to optimize the income and profit generation of these revenue streams through the hiring, training and leading of a team of swim teachers, deck managers, lifeguards and aquatics instructors in the delivery of exceptional customer experiences.
To be successful in their role, the Aquatics Experience Manager must successfully lead their (predominantly young) team in driving the acquisition, instruction, and retention of Learn to Swim and fitness customers while operating a safe, clean, and well-merchandised retail training center. The Aquatics Experience Manager also collaborates continuously with the Aquatics Program Director, Merchant Director and Store Support Team in the effective planning and execution of all aspects of the aquatics experience in their location.
In addition to direct customer service (about half of their time is spent in customer instruction and deck supervision) the Aquatics Experience Manager is responsible for ensuring effective class scheduling, instructor scheduling, student progression, pool management and operation, swim IT system management and instructor certification.
The Aquatics Experience Manager should convey a passion for children, teaching, and training as well as a love of the aquatic environment. The Aquatics Experience Manager works closely with the Aquatics Program Director and the Store Manager to proactively develop new aquatics professionals and ensure effective succession planning. The Aquatics Experience Manager keeps up to date with and maintains all industry safety and training standards for all pool operations and aids the Store Manager and Scuba Experience Manager in the proper operation of the natatorium.
Key Attributes of the Successful Diventures Scuba Experience Manager
- Customer Service Mindset
- Servant Leader
- Sense of Urgency
- Clear Communicator
- Effective Time Manager
- Positive and Professional Image
- Business Acumen
- Positive Mindset
- Problem Solver
- Demonstrable relevant experience in the successful leading of customer-focused teams: prospecting, recruiting, interviewing, selection, training, performance coaching, performance management and separation.
- Solid experience in coordinating a swim program or school.
- Involvement in the national and local swimming community. Not only do you have to be in touch with what is happening in the swimming world overall, but you will also need to be involved with the local swimming community.
- Successful sales leadership experience across varied media: in-person, over the phone, and in writing (email, letters, etc.)
- Experience in efficient resource and financial management: revenue, margin, payroll, expenses.
- Strong preference will be given to those with significant swim management experience, aquatics experience, swim coaching experience, Certified Pool Operators, lifeguards, and aquatics professionals.
Location: 333 Preston Ave, Voorhees Township, NJ, USA
with NL Aquatic Center
We are currently looking for Daytime/Evening Lifeguards to work at our brand new aquatic center in Voorhees, NJ. Must be certified in Lifeguarding, First Aid and CPR (some training available on site). Free membership to our state-of-the-art swim center included!!
Covid-19 Cleaning and Safety Protocols:
•More frequent intra-day cleanings : All pool areas, entrances and touchpoints will be cleaned using disinfectants and new UV light cleaning
tools between every swim practice or lesson. Lesson bathroom touchpoints will be wiped down after each use. Pool equipment will also be
cleaned after every use.
• Additional sanitation stations: available throughout the facility and at every entrance and exit point which will include hand sanitizer, wipes,
tissues, and no touch trash cans.
• After-hours deep cleaning sanitation: Each night, we will thoroughly clean the pool deck and all touch points.
• Daily Health Checks for Staff and Swimmers: Employees and swimmers will get their temperature taken upon entering the building.
Employees who are sick or have been exposed to the coronavirus will be required to stay home.
• Limited Occupancy: Swim Team Parents will not be allowed on deck during Phase 1. Lessons will be limited to 1 parent in the facility/family.
We have added additional outdoor seating behind the lesson pool for parents that wish to wait for their swimmers at the facility.
• Implement basic infection prevention: All employees, swimmers, and clients will be encouraged to wash hands or use hand sanitizer
frequently, cover their mouth with a tissue (or their elbow if a tissue is not available) and throw the tissue away when they cough or sneeze,
stay home if they are sick or showing symptoms of COVID-19, and keep a 6’ distance from everyone that does not live in their same
**We will be updating or changing safety protocols based on additional information and/or guidance from CDC and government agencies.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $8.00 – $17.00 per hour
More frequent intra-day cleanings, additional sanitation stations, after-hours deep cleaning sanitation, Daily Health Checks for Staff and Swimmers, Limited Occupancy, and Implement basic infection prevention.
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA
with MSA SWIM
Assistant Swim Lesson Director
This position is to assist the Swim Lessons Director in all functions of operating the MSA Swim School. This is intended to be a training position for 3 months with a promotion to a Swim Lessons Director position at a new facility.
Teaching Lessons / Hiring/ Training / Administration
Registering/ Scheduling/ Billing / Communication
MSA Swim School – This position’s primary responsibility will be teaching lessons, as well as hiring additional instructors; input lesson data into operations software; and will be the point person for registrations, billing and lesson communication. The position will be responsible for developing curriculum, teaching lesson curriculum to instructors, as well as evaluating all swim school staff at the end of each session. The position will determine frequency and method by which to communicate student progress to parents. This coordinator will also oversee private swim lessons, keep the schedule and oversee instructors and also have swim pool maintenance responsibilities. This is a full-time position with Saturday morning hours required. Starting salary is $31k-$33k and subsequent Lessons Director position is $40-$60k based on performance.
- Two years’ experience working/teaching in a swim lesson environment.
- Lifeguard certification or ability to obtain
- Ability to be creative and innovative
- Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of and experience with children from preschool through school age teaching swimming lessons
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Computer proficient (spreadsheet, word-processing and database software)
- Ability to have fun and enjoy one’s self at work!
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA
with SwimMAC Carolina
Established in 1977, Mecklenburg Aquatic Club (SwimMAC Carolina) is a nonprofit high performance competitive swim club that offers programs for people of all ages and skill levels. Dedicated to its mission of empowering young people to be champions in life through excellence in swimming, the organization has grown from a small competitive team to a premier swim institution, achieving a Gold Medal Club ranking in the USA Swimming Club Excellence Program. The organization is poised for significant growth across the region, expanding opportunities to further its core mission.
With two anchor locations across the greater Charlotte area, SwimMAC Carolina serves over 2,000 people annually through programs such as learn-to-swim for beginners, competitive age group teams, and adult Masters groups. In addition, the organization offers aquatics gear and other merchandise through its Carolina Swim Shop retail locations and Ecommerce site. SwimMAC Carolina employs more than 25 full-time employees plus a team of highly skilled part-time coaches and instructors.
For more information please visit swimmaccarolina.org.
The Head Coach reports to the Board of Directors and leads a team of competitive and instructional coaches and staff.
- Promotes and encourages a positive SwimMAC culture at all times while being an omnipresent leader, serving as a Coach of Coaches and the Head Coach for the entire competitive team.
- Serves as the primary SwimMAC coaching point of contact for competitive team coaches, the community, NC Swimming, and USA Swimming.
- Communicates the SwimMAC vision and administrative details to competitive team members and families; ensures competitive swimmers are registered with USA Swimming.
- Maintains a healthy professional relationship with the Board and collaborates on strategic planning, marketing, vision, communication, goals and fundraising endeavors.
- Collaborates with the Board on volunteer reward and recognition programs, annual club member survey, and other key initiatives.
- Prepares and presents the competitive team’s annual budget proposal in collaboration with the Executive Director; regularly reviews finances of the competitive program with the Executive Director and Finance Committee.
- Recruits, supervises, and mentors coaching and instructional staff; inspires staff to understand and employ the SwimMAC vision and mission in all aspects of their work.
- Conducts goal setting meetings, observes, and provides feedback to staff on a regular basis; plans and encourages continuing education opportunities at all levels.
- Creates and ensures implementation of a hiring orientation program for all coaches; complies and ensures club compliance with USA Swimming and SwimMAC policies (background checks, etc.).
- Requests and secures adequate pool space to run the necessary programs, practices, clinics, camps, events, and meets; coordinates with vendors and partners to establish and maintain safe environments for SwimMAC members, volunteers, and guests at SwimMAC programs, practices, clinics, camps, events, and meets.
- Oversees the maintenance of the updated competitive team roster and all meet results employing current team software.
- Passion for swimming with a proven record as a coach with 5+ years of top-level experience (AG Division HC, Club HC, or above).
- Ability to effectively assimilate into the SwimMAC culture.
- Sound technical understanding of swimming and documented high performance results verified by performance; recognized in the swimming field as an exceptional coach; believes in a process for swimmer development, committed to curriculum development.
- High integrity referenced by a favorable reputation in the swimming community.
- Highly engaged and omnipresent across locations and events; demonstrated self-awareness – knows emotions, strengths, weaknesses, drive, values, and goals; empathetic and highly relational. Head coach for all.
- Self-motivated and holds self and others to high standards, fosters a culture of accountability that rewards success and mentors for areas needing improvement.
- Highly collaborative and committed to a team atmosphere rather than individual achievement; works closely with the SwimMAC Executive Director and the Board of Directors to establish and implement the vision of SwimMAC’s competitive team.
- Innovative and brings new ideas to transform the club married with the discipline of accountability.
- Mentor; committed to the hiring and development of excellent coaches with recognition for their achievements; values the success of others.
- Maintains the following qualifications:
- Membership in the American Swim Coaches Association (ASCA);
- Membership in USA Swimming, Inc.;
- Membership in North Carolina Swimming; and
- Participation in clinics and other continuing education opportunities for purposes of learning new instruction techniques and best practices regarding swim team management.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.
Assistant Women’s Swimming Coach and Associate in the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education.
Location: 3030 Broadway, New York, NY, USA
with Columbia University
The Women’s Assistant Swimming Coach provides administrative, instructional, and recruiting support services under the direction and supervision of the Head Women’s Swimming Coach.
•Achieving a high level of competency in sport skill instruction, motivation, and conduct of practice sessions under the direction of the Head Women’s Swimming Coach.
•Recruiting student-athletes effectively under the direction of the Head Women’s Swimming Coach.
•Assist in achieving competitive results that demonstrate athletic excellence.
•Demonstrating a sincere interest in the social, emotional, academic development, as well as the athletic welfare of student-athletes.
•Demonstrating excellent writing, speaking and listening abilities.
•Exhibiting supportive and cooperative behavior in pursuing sport program goals established by the Head Women’s Swimming Coach.
• Exhibiting leadership and professional behavior in dealing with student-athletes.
•Completing all assignments made by the Head Women’s Swimming Coach including but not limited to budget management, scheduling, travel arrangements and fundraising.
•Responsible for teaching in the required Physical Education program.
•Participating in continuing education conferences, workshops, or meetings to increase professional skills and knowledge.
•Perform driving duties as assigned.
•Exhibiting the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with adherence to NCAA, Council of Ivy League Presidents, University, and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education rules and regulations.
•Contributing to the maintenance of good working relationships with all members of the Department.
•Performing duties as assigned by the Director, Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education
**** Salary commensurate with experience***
Location: 12332 Ranch Rd 620 N, Austin, TX 78750, USA
with Waterloo Swimming
Waterloo Swimming (WLOO) is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable Swim Coach to direct/lead our Gold swim group. The Gold group is composed of of 13-14 yr old swimmers that have multiple TAGS cuts or a season away from those time standards. Swimmers in this group are expected to make a strong commitment with respect to attendance and training efforts. These swimmers are striving to maximize their age group abilities, while readying themselves for Sectional cuts.
Duties and skills of the Lead Swim Coach include but are not limited to:
- Abide by the American Swimming Coaches Association Code of Ethics, the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and Waterloo Swimming policies and procedures.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with our curriculum, practice schedules, and be supportive of the overall philosophy and direction of Waterloo Swimming.
- Grow, coach, oversee, and manage our Waterloo Swimming program by writing and executing workouts, attending meets, entering swimmers into meets via software, running clinics, and social functions. Teach proper swim techniques and stroke mechanics
- Is willing and motivated to work/be involved on multiple fronts within the organization- leading or assisting with fundraisers, special events and team-builders, clinics, camps, evaluation process, attend home and away meets, and participate in coaches’ education opportunities.
- Assist other coaches/instructors as needed within Waterloo Swimming and communicate regularly with counterpart group coaches. Recommend group practice assignments for each swimmer. Substitute for other coaches as needed. Prepare and submit swimmers’ meet entries and attend assigned swim meets.
- Interact effectively with parents
- Keep records and reports as directed by the Head Coach. Maintaining a safe pool environment during practices (water quality checks/pool area clean up/etc)
- Model proper dress, language, demeanor, and sportsmanship for swimmers. Exhibit daily a passion for helping swimmers maximize their potential
- Possess USA Swimming certifications and credentials commensurate with the position.
- Work with the Waterloo Leadership Team to make the program the preeminent swim program in Texas. Work within our Waterloo culture of being an Athlete-Centric center of excellence; getting Results through FUNdamentals; supporting Attendence+Effort=Success philosophy; and, building out our #swimfamily culture
Location: 6193 Kraft Avenue. S.E., Grand Rapids, MI 49512
with Davenport University Swimming and Diving
At Davenport University, we know what it takes to be successful. With over 150 years of providing quality education under our belts, thousands of Davenport graduates are making an impact on the world with the knowledge and skills they learned here. Our team of faculty and staff collaborate to make this possible. Joining DU means growing and advancing your own career, while making a lasting impact on our students, colleagues and the communities in which we serve. Would you like to be part of our success? It all starts here!
Asst Coach-Swimming/Diving (12 Month Contract – Dive Coach)
WORK LOCATION: Grand Rapids – Lettinga Campus
TARGET HIRING RANGE: $10,000 paid annually over the duration of the contract year. Actual pay offered will be commensurate with candidate qualifications and experience, and pay equity both internal and external.
This position has responsibilities that include coaching, practice planning and recruitment. These responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with the University’s mission, and values which include diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Assist in providing instruction to student athletes regarding the specific skills needed to play the sport, to build and inspire great teamwork, and for their own character development.
- Assist in the planning, organization, and implementation of inter-collegiate games and practices.
- Assist the head coach to build a cohesive and competitive program.
- Assist supervisor in the monitoring of the student athletes academic performance.
- Abide by the rules and regulations of the league in which you will be competing.
- Understand and abide by universal standards of confidentiality and ethical decision-making.
- Responsible for assisting the head coach with recruiting of student athletes.
- Responsible for taking a leadership role in the athletic program.
- Assist Athletic Department in athletic issues as needed.
- Understand and abide by all external and internal regulations and policies. This includes NCAA, GLIAC and national affiliations associated within athletics or other role specific regulations.
- Provides GREAT customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our customers.
- Demonstrate and promote the University Cultural Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum one to three years of advanced coaching experience. College coaching experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Strong service-oriented skills and the ability to have an exceptional customer service attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately and effectively with computerized data systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation and positive reactions to change and conflict resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral which transcend diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to students, parents, faculty, staff, and others while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
As a contract coach you will be eligible for benefits that include tuition remission, flexible work arrangements, professional development opportunities and more!
Location: Anderson, Indiana, USA
with Anderson University
Anderson University, a NCAA Division III institution and a member of the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference, is accepting applications for a full-time head coach of the men’s and women’s swimming & diving programs. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: overseeing all phases of competitive men’s and women’s swimming programs, recruiting, competition scheduling and travel, student-athlete development and team building, practice oversight, meet coaching, fundraising and budget management. General oversight of part time diving coach currently on staff coaching the divers.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree (required); a master’s degree is preferred. Also required are previous coaching experience (collegiate preferred); a clear understanding of NCAA III philosophy and the student-athlete experience; ability to recruit in Indiana and contiguous states; ability to work as a part of a team environment; a demonstrated commitment to the Anderson University mission and Christian lifestyle. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate with a diverse student body, faculty and staff, effective problem solving skills and personal initiative.
Benefits: .83, benefits eligible position.
|Position Available: Immediately|
Anderson University is on a mission to educate students for lives of faith and service, offering more than 60 undergraduate majors, 30 three-year degrees, 20 NCAA Division III intercollegiate sports, alongside adult and graduate programs. The private, liberal arts institution is fully accredited and recognized among top colleges for its business, computer science, cybersecurity, dance, engineering, nursing, and teacher education programs. Anderson University was established in 1917 in Anderson, Indiana, by the Church of God.
AU is an equal opportunity employer. Persons who bring diversity are encouraged to apply. Anderson University complies with federal and state requirements for non-discrimination in employment with regard to sex, age, race, color, disability, and national and ethnic origin.
Location: 119 4th Street, Des Moines, IA, USA
with Central Iowa Aquatics
Central Iowa Aquatics is seeking a full time Head Age Group Coach to join our team.
CIA is a USA Swimming Silver Medal club that serves the need of swimmers in the greater Des Moines area.
We are looking for candidates who will embrace CIA culture and take initiative and responsibility for the Age Group program. They must possess a passion for coaching and working with young age group athletes and be knowledgeable in stroke technique and skills. An ability to plan, prepare, and conduct group practices in accordance with CIA group goals.
Safety Training for Swim Coaches, APT, Background check and in good standing with USA Swimming
Proficient in use of Team Unify
Abides by applicable USA Swimming Codes of Conduct and Safe Sport Requirements
Pass USA Swimming background screen and reference check
ASCA Level 3 preferred
This is a full time salaried position.
Summer Swim League Head Coach and assistant coaching positions, Overlee Swim Team, Northern Virginia Swim League
Location: 6030 Lee Highway, Arlington, VA, USA
with Overlee Community Association
Overlee swim team of Arlington, Virginia, is accepting applications for the head and assistant coaching positions for the 2021 summer swim season. The summer season runs from mid-May through the first week of August. Practices run from 7 AM through noon every day, and 3:15-5pm daily, Saturday and Monday swim meets, spirit activities, pep rallies and Wednesday relay carnivals. Send résumé + references to [email protected]. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, with applications closing on November 20th.
Location: 7802 Hague Road, Indianapolis, IN, USA
with Lawrence Swim Team
Lawrence Township is looking for a full time head age group coach, assistant high school coach and assistant aquatics director. It is a 3 for 1 position which includes a $52,700 base salary with full benefits and pension. The outline of the position is as follows:
Head Age Group Coach:
• Oversee the 14 & under programming of Lawrence Swim Team
• Work with head coach to develop and scale the club
• Lead 7th & 8th grade group coach
• Establish and run age group program
• Head Coach of Fall Creek Valley Middle School
Assistant High School coach
• Assist with Lawrence North High School swim team
• Occasionally write practices/run groups/dryland
• Assist in administrative duties of running high school program
Assistant Aquatics Director
• Help aquatics director manage, schedule, and maintain facility
• Supervise 3rd party programming
• Solicit community integration and involvement in the facility
Location: 4455 OH-307, Geneva, OH 44041, USA
with SPIRE Institute / Academy
SPIRE IA is hiring a full time Coach who will assume the position of Assistant Swim Coach and Assistant Director of Aquatics. This is a year around, salaried position dependent on experience and level of accomplishments, with salary incentives based on team growth, retention, and performance. The Assistant Director will work with or within all aspects of SPIRE IA’s swimming sports program and events, specifically with swimming athletes. The Assistant Director of Aquatics will also assist in building, recruiting and maintaining a swimming program consistent with the goals and vision of SPIRE IA.
Candidates wishing to apply must meet required criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced swimming coaching certification-minimum of a FINA (International Swimming Federation) OR comparable
- ASCA level 3 or higher or comparable
- Minimum five years of experience in the aquatics coaching field
- Sales experience within the swimming area.
- Training in first aid and CPR.
- Experienced in a Multicultural environment.
- Experience at the college or professional level, such as head coach, recommended.
This position includes but is not limited to creating workout schedules, camps and private training, recruiting, providing athletes with guidance and proper training techniques, assisting in pool and equipment maintenance, keeping up-to-date records of the swimming program and events, develop and implement strategies for the entire aquatics program, developing parent education program, working with staff through observing, video and other aspects as well as promoting student-athlete concept as it relates to academics.
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA
with SwimMAC Carolina
The Lead Group Coach oversees the development and progression of swimmers at SwimMAC by planning, communicating, and executing daily workouts and duties following SwimMAC philosophies, season plans, and procedures while creating a positive growth/challenging learning environment. The coach will actively communicate with their peers, direct supervisor, swimmers, and their parents. All coaches will work within the SwimMAC team structure, embrace the SwimMAC curriculum, abide by the SwimMAC policies and procedures and work with other coaches/staff to support the SwimMAC vision, strategies, and values which include the following: Teamwork, Commitment, Integrity, Development, Leadership, and Excellence.
Responsibility & Essential Job Tasks:
- Abide by the American Swimming Coaches Association Code of Ethics, the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and SwimMAC policies and procedures.
- Lead and coach SwimMAC competitive practice group and any assigned programs such as Swim School lessons, Junior Swim League, Homeschool Swimming, TeenFit, Masters, etc.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices following the SwimMAC curriculum and season plan.
- Develop, follow, and document a seasonal, weekly, and daily training progression for assigned groups. Maintain a practice log and skill review list for each assigned training group.
- If assigned an Assistant coach, knowing the assistant coach’s job description and utilizing them to their fullest potential while fostering growth opportunities.
- Maintain an accurate swimmer and attendance roster to be reported to division lead and Associate Head Coach.
- Schedule deck time 15-30 minutes before and after all practices to supervise swimmer safety, provide swimmer feedback and correction regarding technique, and build swimmer relationships.
- Prepare and submit swimmers’ meet entries on time.
- Attend assigned swim meets, staff meetings, team activities, and events.
- Recommend practice level placement and changes.
- Assist other coaches/instructors as needed within SwimMAC, and communicate regularly with counterpart group coaches. Including, substitute for other coaches as needed within SwimMAC, including practice and swim meets.
- Report for work as scheduled, including office hours.
Program Retention and Recruitment
- Proactively develop and maintain professional relationships with current swimmers through constructive feedback, encouragement, and general interaction.
- Foster professional relationships with current swimmers to motivate, inspire, and retain swimmers in the program.
- Proactively develop and maintain relationships with current parents.
- Designate team parents and coordinate practice group team activities.
- Proactively develop and maintain community relationships with neighborhood swim teams and other feeder programs to attract and recruit swimmers for SwimMAC.
Parent Communication and Education
- Conduct Parent Meetings according to SwimMAC policies and procedures.
- Communicate professionally with swimmers, parents, and coaches by promptly answering telephone calls and emails according to SwimMAC policies and procedures. Be available to swimmers and parents either during office hours or upon requests.
- Establish relationships with parents through professional interaction before, during, or after SwimMAC events, meets, practices, etc…
- Professionally respond to parent phone calls and emails as outlined in the SwimMAC Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Inform parents regarding practice level changes before the conversation with the swimmer.
- Initiate parent-coach conferences as needed.
- Contact parent(s) if the swimmer is absent for one week without notification.
- Contact parent(s) if the swimmer does not attend meets when eligible.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as Coach in Charge as assigned. “CIC” ‘s should read, follow, and communicate procedures and information to staff.
- Actively participate in swimming organizations, e.g., NC Local Swim Committee, Southern Zone Eastern Section, American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA), and USA Swimming.
- Stay current with advances in the sport through books, periodicals, websites, audiovisual materials, classes, clinics, and by communicating with other clubs or teams.
- Develop relationships with area high school and college coaches regarding SwimMAC athletes to support concurrent club/high school swim participation and also to support SwimMAC athletes who seek college swimming opportunities.
- Perform responsibilities as assigned in the current SwimMAC Administrative Duties list.
- Contribute to the SwimMAC social media when warranted.
Non-essential Job Tasks
- Proactively engage in miscellaneous facility support as needed, including maintenance, clean up, meet preparation, and meet teardown.
- College Degree (preferred)
- One year swim coaching experience (preferred)
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer proficiency, including email, Internet navigation, Microsoft Office software, Hy-Tek, and TeamUnify
- License and Certification Requirements
- USA Swimming Coach Member (required)
- American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA) member (preferred)
- Certified Pool Operator License (optional)
- Ability to work in the United States (required)
Location: Raleigh, NC, USA
with The Marlins Of Raleigh Swim Team
*******THIS POSITIONED HAS BEEN FILLED*****
Location: Raleigh, NC, USA
The Marlins Of Raleigh Swim Team is seeking a full time lead coach for our AG 1 and AG 3 Black groups at our Raleigh Site..
MOR is a USA Swimming Gold Medal club the past 4 years with 650 swimmers. The Raleigh Area is a hot spot for swimming with a summer league of over 85 teams and 11,000 swimmers from which to draw. Raleigh is rated annually as one of the best places to live in the US and also has a highly rated music scene.
REPORTS TO: Head Coach and Raleigh Head Age Group coach
SALARY: Commensurate with coaching experience. Retirement match program of up to 3% of salary after 1 year subject to the terms and conditions of the plan.
Education: College graduate preferred.
Experience: 1-2+ years coaching experience.
Eligibility: Must currently reside in the United States
JOB GOAL: To align with the policy and procedures set forth by the Marlins Of Raleigh Swim Team and to lead the AG 3 Black Group (9-12 year old developmental swimmers) and AG 1 (8-under swimmers) practice groups in developing age group athletes to make an uncompromised commitment to striving to be the best that they can be.
CPR/AED, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, APT, Background check and in good standing with USA Swimming. Proficient in use of Team Unify and/or Team Manager
Abides by applicable USA Swimming Codes of Conduct and Safe Sport Requirements
Pass USA Swimming background screen and reference check
ASCA Level 2 preferred
Embrace MOR culture and take initiative
Passion for coaching and working with young age group athletes
Comprehension of stroke technique fundamentals
Basic understanding of dryland training for developmental athletes
Plan, prepare, and conduct group practices in accordance with MOR group goals
Provide accurate attendance records and post meet evaluations
Assist with set up & tear down of all MOR hosted meets
Run MOR clinic programs
Recruit swimmers from summer league by attending summer league meets and conducting clinics
Attend weekly staff meetings
Commit to continued coaching education
Arrival at practice and meets at minimum 15 min prior to arrival of athletes
Will require afternoon, evening and weekend hours
Communicate all actions regularly between
Excellent email communication to parents with timely response (within 24 hours)
Continually assess goals with athletes and communicate to parents in a patient and respectable manner
Model proper dress, language, demeanor and sportsmanship for the athletes
Create an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants
Email resume, list of references and other supporting documentation to: Paul Silver, Head Coach Marlins Of Raleigh Swim Team. [email protected]
For more information go to www.marlinsofraleigh.com or call 919-851-3000
Start Date: Sept., 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Location: Dacula, GA, USA
Position: Assistant Coach
Compensation is based on experience
Start date: September 1, 2020
SwimAtlanta is seeking qualified candidates for lead and assistant coaching positions with our competitive Age Group and Senior programs
Interested candidates should have a passion for the sport, experience with competitive swimming, excellent communication skills, as well as a strong work ethic and eagerness to learn and grow as a coach and professional. A minimum of 2 years coaching experience required. Applicants must have all certifications up to date. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, reliable individual who can not only lead the swimmers but also work well with others. Great organizational skills and time management are essential.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coaching all levels of age group swimmers with a focus on technique and development
- Work with Head Coach to create and implement season plans, prepare meet and practice schedules, and schedule tryouts and substitute coaches
- Attend swim meets
- Help with pool maintenance
- Communicate consistently and effectively with team membership and other team administrative duties
- Office hours
Interested candidates should reply with a cover letter, resume, and references to: [email protected]