Date posted: April 13, 2021
Location: San Antonio, TX, USA
with San Antonio WAVE
SAN ANTONIO WAVE is looking for experienced team leaders to serve as Site Directors for our recently added locations. As our sport returns from the protocols of COVID-19, we will be adding 2 new facilities to our program.
Below is a quick description of the position. Interested parties should contact Scott Gainey ([email protected]).
Oversee the operation of their assigned WAVE practice location daily.
Work with Head Coach to achieve seasonal goals for the WAVE.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe practice environment. Report issues to Head Coach.
- Work with Head Coach, to resolve facility issues, including safety, water, and air quality.
- Ensure WAVE equipment is maintained and serviced/replaced, as necessary.
- Responsible for supervision and mentoring of site coaches.
- Assist Head Coach with performance reviews.
- Assist Head Coach with swim meet entry process (verify coach selections).
- Assist in creating and participate team bonding activities.
- Meet with Head Coach (and other Site Directors) regularly to ensure continuity of the WAVE program between multiple pools.
- Schedule and evaluate tryouts for new swimmers.
- Attend swim meets typically as a lead coach.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Head Coach.
- High School Diploma or GED (some college)
- Ability to stand and walk on a pool deck for prolonged periods of time
- USA Swimming Coaching Credentials (current / acquired within 60 days)
- Coaching experience 4+ years of coaching
- ASCA Level 2 or higher certification
- Experience supervising & mentoring staff
- Starting at $18+ per hour* (**depending on experience) @ 25+ hours / weekly
- Possible relocation assistance
- Typical schedule = 3:30p – 8:30pm weekdays (depending on location and need)
- Paid for administration work: (swim meet entries, creating workouts, meetings)
- Additional compensation / schedule opportunities for weekends and swim meets
- Reimbursements: out of town swim meets (mileage and meals)
- We pay for professional memberships (ASCA / USA Swimming / Certifications)
Interested candidates (or inquiries) please contact:
Scott Gainey = [email protected]
Date posted: April 13, 2021
Location: 7902 Ashton Street, Alexandria, VA
with The Fort Belvoir Swim Team, Inc.
The Fort Belvoir Swim Team
The Fort Belvoir Swim Team (FBST) is growing and you can be a part of its success. We are currently recruiting a professional with extensive experience coaching. This position will require the following:
Expertise in Hytek
Expertise in Meet Manager
Ability to be a Meet Director
Ability to Coach Developmental through Senior Level Swimmers
Ability to manage team’s website
Strong communication skills both verbal and written
Ability to process registrations
On deck hours approximately 30/week (indoor); 15/week outdoor (does not include meet attendance)
Administrative hours approximately 10-15/week
Paid time off 4 Weeks + 9 Federal Holidays
Health Benefits (Health, Eye, Dental) (50%)
Salary commensurate with experience plus bonus opportunities
Options for additional income include High School and Summer League coaching which are strongly encouraged
The opportunity for earning potential is very high!
FBST has grown incredibly over the past 17 years under the leadership of Head Coach/CEO Mark Murray. This position reports to the Head Coach/CEO and requires a dynamic person with a broad range of knowledge, skills and abilities. Earning potential is fantastic for a motivated individual with energy and passion for the sport. To apply send resume along with cover letter and 3 references to:
Questions? Call Coach Mark at 703-627-4796 or 240-605-7421 (Cell)
Date posted: April 12, 2021
Location: 23 West Calle Concordia, Oro Valley, AZ, USA
with Flying Fish Arizona Swim Team
The Flying Fish Arizona Swim Team (FAST) in Tucson Arizona is seeking an energetic, self-motivated, passionate swim coach to serve as the head site coach for our newly acquired site at the Ventana Canyon Country Club (VC).
The VC site is home to one of our swim lesson programs, a competitive year-round swim team, and a very successful summer league swim team. All programs at VC fall under the FAST business and team umbrella.
The FAST swim lesson program services swimmers, ages 3-12 years old, who are learning to swim and/or hoping to join swim team. Our competitive year-round swim team at VC is designed to help each individual swimmer achieve their individual goals while training together as a team. The competitive team will have monthly opportunities to train with our Oro Valley program as well as be offered opportunities to train in our high-performance track. These groups are split from 10&Under, 11-14, and high school aged swimmers. The FAST summer league program is a powerhouse in the Southern Arizona Aquatic Association!
The FAST swim club has three pool sites across the greater Tucson area making us the largest team in Tucson. We currently average running 6 swim meets a year and have recently reached level 1 status for the USA swimming club recognition program, with plans of reaching level 2 status by the end of this year.
Head Site Coach duties include:
- Coach and manage 10&Under, 11-14, and 15&Up swimmers while managing assistant coach roles at VC.
- Coordinate evaluations for all incoming swimmers eligible for the Ventana Canyon site.
- Emphasize the importance of proper technique, teamwork, learning in a group setting, work ethic, and sportsmanship.
- Work with seasonal competitive coaches to establish goals for FAST VC swimmers, oversee swimmer progress, and communicate progression plans.
- Oversee and supervise Ventana Canyon site staff. Report on monthly coach hours, vacation/sick days, and periodic reviews.
- Set practice schedules, practice groups, and criteria for advancement from group to group in partnership with the FAST Head Coach and Head Age Group Coach.
- Effectively manage swim team administrative tasks.
- Hold education meetings with parents and swimmers as agreed upon with the FAST Head Coach.
- Contribute to coaches’ communications including team news/updates.
- Communicate statistics on team members, such as practice and meet attendance, goal achievement, and team records.
- Develop cooperative and supportive relationships with the Ventana Canyon Country Club Management and Staff.
- Positively represent FAST in the local community as well as within the Arizona Swimming community.
- Communicate effectively with FAST Head Coach and Board of Directors.
- Abide by and actively uphold the USA Swimming Code of Conduct and all M.A.A.P.P. policies.
Additional Swim Lesson Program duties include:
- Assist in managing FAST swim lesson program; including staffing, scheduling, and registration.
- Propose schedule for FAST swim lesson program: Fall, Spring, & Summer.
- Propose schedule for FAST swim lesson instructors for all seasons to maximize our space and participation.
- Recommend for hire all FAST VC swim lesson instructors.
- Perform FAST swim lesson instructor’s training twice a year.
- Monitor, and manage wait list.
- Supervise all FAST swim lesson classes.
- Create progress report to verify that instructors have properly entered information for each participant regarding what skills they have passed and what skills they may need to work on.
- Be the “face” of the FAST swim lesson program in VC by interacting with both participants and their guardians.
- Answer all emails and phone calls regarding FAST swim lesson program at VC and evaluations.
- Actively bring FAST swim lesson program swimmer graduates onto the swim team.
Additional Summer Swim Program duties include:
- Assist Summer League Head Coach (SLHC) in developing and implementing summer league program at VC.
- Work with SLHC in hiring and managing assistant coaches.
- Assist SLHC in planning and running all 6 summer league home meets.
- Assist SLHC in implementing summer league practice schedule.
- Recruit summer league swimmers to join our year-round swim team.
- US citizen eligible to work in Arizona.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of coaching experience with administrative responsibilities.
- Competitive swimming experience at collegiate level preferred.
- Experience with Team Unify platform. Have the ability to handle registration and website needs.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to team’s goals and assigned responsibilities.
- On deck schedule is Monday-Saturday before & after school during the academic calendar with additional hours required for swim meets and administrative duties.
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with parents, swimmers, and other coaches (email, phone, face to face)
The Flying Fish Arizona Swim Team offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience. The package includes a base salary, paid vacation, paid professional development, travel expense reimbursement for meets, and incentives for growth in role.
Date posted: April 12, 2021
Location: 2 Green Street, Somerville, NJ, USA
with Greater Somerset County YMCA
Greater Somerset County YMCA (GSCY) is a local nonprofit committed to strengthening community by connecting all people to their potential, purpose and each other. At GSCY, we focus on empowering young people, improving health and well-being, and inspiring action in and across communities. By bringing together people from different backgrounds, perspectives and generations, we ensure that we all have access to the opportunities, relationships and resources necessary to learn, grow and thrive.
To learn more about GSCY, visit our website: http://gscymca.org
Reporting to the Branch Executive Director the primary function of the Associate Aquatics Director is the coordination and day to day supervision of the Lifeguard, Swim/Aqua Ex Instructor and Deck Supervisor staff which includes training/certification, skill assessment, hiring, supervision, and scheduling for our Somerville and Bridgewater YMCA locations. An additional key responsibility is to act as the leader/first responder in the event of an Emergency, either accidental or facility related, in the Aquatics Department. Secondary responsibilities include daily pool maintenance and shutdown cleaning scheduling and conduction. Evening and weekend hours required.
- Responsible for serving as the direct supervisor for all Deck Supervisors, Swim/Aqua Ex Instructors and Lifeguards in conjunction with, or in the absence of the Branch Executive Director.
- Assist in the recruitment, hiring, training, development and evaluation of Aquatics program staff.
- Coordinate and schedule private swim lessons, group swim lessons, water exercise classes, open lane swim and pool rentals.
- Responsible for training all Aquatics staff on emergency response and opening and closing procedures, Blood Borne Pathogen/HAZMAT, and Child Abuse Prevention Training.
- Teach swim lessons, water exercise, swim instructor and LGI trainings and other aquatic classes as needed.
- Responsible for coverage of all assigned lifeguard and/or swim instructor shifts.
- Responsible for planning and conducting monthly in-service trainings for Aquatics staff who hold Lifeguard certification.
- Responsible for running YMCA and American Red Cross certification or re-certification classes for current staff and membership population.
- Responsible for maintaining certification records.
- Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- BS in Recreation, Physical Education, or a related field.
- Current knowledge of all required aquatics training and certifications to include American Red Cross or American Heart Assoc. Lifeguard Instructor or must be able to obtain.
- Position requires a strong background in Lifeguard responsibilities and procedures with a minimum of five (5) years as a Lifeguard and/or Swim/Aqua Ex Instructor.
- Minimum one year as a Deck Supervisor preferably in a multiple-pool and/or water play feature facility.
- Excellent organizational, member engagement, staff development, administrative and communication skills
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Has solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel
- Pool Operator certification a plus.
Greater Somerset County YMCA offers the following employee benefits for our full-time employees:
- Competitive salaries
- Reduced program fees / school-aged child care
- Access to one of the leading retirement programs “Y Retirement Fund” with a 12% company contribution to fund after eligibility period.
- Paid time off
- Community volunteering opportunities
- Subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 100% contribution towards life insurance and long term disability
- Optional life insurance and dependent life insurance available at low rates
- Complimentary Family Membership with access to five association locations and to over 2,500 YMCA locations nationwide
Greater Somerset County YMCA is a drug free work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information who share our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
Date posted: April 8, 2021
Location: 5050 Ridgedale Pkwy, North Chesterfield, VA, USA
The Seasonal Operations Coordinator position exists as a facility and safety leader of daily operations within the Operations Department at SwimRVA. The position is intended to oversee and facilitate a team of professional rescuers, facility and patron safety, general facility maintenance, and as site supervisor. The Seasonal Operations Coordinator is a part-time, seasonal position with varying shift times to include morning, evening, weekend and event shifts, as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure safety of all patrons, guests and employees through the facility by properly managing and training the professional rescuer team.
• Maintain awareness of facility safety issues and remedy (or delegate remedy) in priority order.
• Evaluate patron safety on a continuous basis to make staff and equipment adjustments as necessary.
• Maintain efficiency of facility schedule and coordinate pool space and facility flow with all facility users.
• Supervise team of professional rescuers to ensure that all daily and weekly duties are satisfactorily performed.
• Manage and participate in professional rescuer rotation and assignment of professional rescuer surveillance stations.
• Assist in conducting on-board and in-service training of employees on a daily basis.
• Assist in enforcing employment rules and policies and document discipline.
• Monitor patrons and groups to make sure they are using the appropriate space.
• Oversee facility formatting and proper lane space for various groups.
Acting Duty Officer
• Manage SwimRVA execution of COVID-19 policies as outlined in the SwimRVA Reopening Guide.
• Monitor and adjust safety strategies as needed to ensure the well-being of all guests and employees.
• Address any violations of SwimRVA’s safety operations.
• Organize and conduct routine disinfections.
• Inspect and carry out regular maintenance that will include, but is not limited to, scrubbing, scraping, cleaning concrete, walls, windows and toilets/urinals.
• Regular operational checks of pool pumps, filters, strainers and chemical injectors and maintain as needed.
• Daily monitoring of systems (pool equipment, lighting, plumbing, etc)
• Perform or delegate bi-hourly chemistry checks on all pools and adjust controllers as needed.
• Perform daily full chemistry and equipment checks and manually adjust levels as needed.
• Change and clean circulation pump strainers.
• Cleaning and maintaining all metal, plastic, vinyl and tile components of all pools.
• Keep accurate logs and records of daily and weekly duties, daily and bi-hourly chemistry checks, and daily shift reports.
• Create and verify accurate incident and rescue reports.
• Act as Manager on Duty.
• Setup, breakdown, and clean for events.
• Perform varying porter duties during swim meets that include, but are not limited to, refilling toilet paper, cleaning bathrooms and unclogging drains, collecting and removing trash.
• Lead staff in daily facility format changes to accommodate facility needs and schedule.
Some of the conditions will be in auxiliary areas of the building that include pool pump rooms, chemical storage rooms, electrical rooms, and storage areas. The Seasonal Operations Coordinator should be comfortable working in a variety of locations and be able to safely climb and descend ladders as part of a normal work day.
The Seasonal Operations Coordinator may need to lift 50 lbs. without assistance and up to 100 lbs. as a team with the use of equipment. This includes the ability to move, lift, carry or push heavy objects on a regular basis. This position also includes standing for long periods of time, repetitive tasks with limited breaks.
• American Red Cross Lifeguarding with CPR/AED and Emergency Oxygen required.
• Current American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor (LGI) is a plus
• Training available to qualified candidates
The Seasonal Operations Coordinator will directly supervise all professional rescuers (Lifeguards) and will work alongside the Director/ Assistant Director of Operations and Operations Manager.
Date posted: April 7, 2021
Location: 1100 Henderson Street, Arkadelphia, AR, USA
with Henderson State University
Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the Head Swimming and Diving Coach is responsible for directing all facets of an NCAA Division II women’s and men’s program including, but not limited to: the recruitment, training and development of quality student athletes, organization and planning of all practices, meet preparation and coaching, budget and scholarship management, program fundraising activities and monitoring the academic progress of student athletes. The selected candidate must also follow all university policies and procedures in addition to rules and bylaws of the NCAA and the NSISC. The program staff includes a full time assistant coach, a part-time aquatics/operations assistant and a graduate assistant.
Date posted: April 6, 2021
Location: Juanita High School, Northeast 132nd Street, Kirkland, WA, USA
with WAVE Aquatics
Assistant Senior Coach with the expectation for Lead Coach in the Fall
WAVE Aquatics Mission:
To create an environment where excellence is expected every day.
WAVE Aquatics (https://www.teamunify.com/team/wave/page/home) was formed in 1987 when Northshore, Redmond, and Totem Lake swim teams merged in order to provide more opportunity and a stronger foundation for swimmers in the Lake Washington and Northshore school district areas.
The team has grown in scope since its inception and is now a non-profit organization that:
- Operates a competitive swim team for kids age 5 and up with 240 plus athletes on the team.
- WAVE has had athletes qualify for Olympic Trials within the last 9 years, regularly has athletes at Futures and SR Sectionals.
- Operates a masters (adult) swim team and adult triathlon training group
- Manages the Juanita Aquatic Center on behalf of the Lake Washington School District
- Manages the Redmond Aquatic Center on behalf of the City of Redmond
- Offers a terrific learn to swim program at both the Juanita and Redmond Aquatic Centers
Wave Aquatics is led by the coaching staff and the Executive Board of Directors. We are affiliated with USA Swimming (USA-S) Pacific Northwest Swimming (PNS) and the Greater Seattle Swimming Association (GSSA).
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Wave Aquatics Swim Team is looking for a Senior coach to work with the Head Coaches and other Senior Coaches to develop structure and direction of the senior program, including training blocks, team building, and dryland. WAVE currently has 60-70 athletes in our Senior Program. The Senior Coach position will be hired as an assistant working with both Coaches in our National Level Group and our Senior 1 Group, with the expectation to move to a lead position in the Fall. The Senior Coach reports directly to the Head Coach of WAVE Aquatics. The ideal candidate is interested in empowering athletes to take ownership of their success in and out of the pool.
Other job responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Oversee the development of a diverse and competitive Senior Program in coordination with the rest of the coaching staff.
- Support a healthy learning environment where swimmers and coaches of different background can excel.
- Enhance the team-first culture among swimmers, parents, and staff
- Assist in staff enhancement to support the team’s mission to expect excellence daily.
- Attend swim team events including meets (1-2 per month), team building events, coach/staff meetings, and fundraising events.
- Continue to find avenues to grow/learn as a coach and leader.
- Establish and support healthy relations with swim team parents in accordance of the WAVE Way.
- Maintain all coach and safety certifications
- Administrative work assigned from the Head Coach
Qualifications & Preferences:
Candidates of diverse identities and backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply
- Demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Excellent communication skills with coaching staff, parents, and athletes
- Preferred minimum 3 years coaching experience
- Administrative experience is a plus but not required
- Member in good standing with current LSC & USA Swimming
- USA Swimming Deck Pass credentials
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred, not required)
Date posted: April 5, 2021
Location: 2180 Milvia Street, Berkeley, CA, USA
with City of Berkeley
The City of Berkeley is excited to share the recruitment for Aquatics Facilities Supervisor. This classification is responsible for the planning, organizing, directing, supervising, and participating in the operations and maintenance of one or more swimming pools and adjacent facilities. The Aquatics Facilities Supervisor is distinguished from the Aquatics Coordinator position in that the latter has overall supervisory responsibility for City aquatics centers and aquatics programs. The City of Berkeley is seeking applications from highly skilled individuals with recreational or educational program experience related to pool management, swim instruction, life guarding, or coaching. The incumbent assists in the planning and implementation of aquatics programs, maintains records, and enforces safe pool practices.
Successful applicants will have the ability to:
- Ensure that City aquatics facilities are in compliance with local, state, and federal health and safety codes and regulatory law;
- Maintain order and exercise crowd control when warranted;
- Complete regular pool maintenance: testing of pool water, balancing chemicals in pools, maintaining records, conducting pool deck maintenance, monitoring functioning of equipment such as chemical feed and filtration systems;
- Identify the need for and coordinate the maintenance, repair or replacement of pool equipment and facilities;
- Ensure the proper opening and closing of aquatics facilities;
- Assist in the planning, supervision and evaluation of all aquatics programs, including special events, drop-in programs, shower program, and swim instruction programs;
- Recruit, train, supervise, and provide constructive feedback for staff and volunteers; coordinate assignments, orient staff on procedures and policies; prepare and conduct in-service training programs;
- Report critical maintenance issues raised by staff, volunteers, or the public and document any actions taken to resolve the issues;
- Ensure the accuracy of staff time cards;
- May serve as a lifeguard, coach, or instructor of any and all aquatics or water-safety programs including assistance with registration, cashiering, and locker room responsibilities;
- Monitor supply needs and order necessary supplies, materials, and equipment and set up aquatics facility rentals; and
- Perform related duties as required.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Equivalent to graduation from high school
• Three (3) summers/seasons or 600 working hours in an organized recreational or educational
program related to swimming pool management, swim instruction, lifeguarding, or coaching.
Previous staff supervisory experience is desirable. Water Safety Instructor certification is desirable.
• Must be able to travel to various locations within and outside the City of Berkeley to meet the
program needs and to fulfill the job responsibilities. When driving on City business, maintenance of
a valid California driver’s license and satisfactory driving record is required.
• Possession of a current American Red Cross Lifeguard/First Aid certificate.
• Possession of a current American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certificate.
• Possession of a Certified Pool Operator certificate by date of appointment.
Date posted: April 5, 2021
Location: 775 W End Blvd, Winston-Salem, NC, USA
with YMCA of NWNC RipTYDE
YMCA of NWNC (RipTYDE)
TYDE AGE-GROUP DEVELOPMENTAL COACH
This Part-Time (28 hours a week) position will report to the Director of Competitive Swimming & Head Coach and will be a key part of the TYDE Leadership Team. In accordance with the Association’s and Branch’s policies and procedures, the Lead Development Coach will assist both the Head Swim Coach and Head Age Group Coach in providing direct leadership, planning, instruction, and motivation for our development team members (Prep and Bronze groups) with the overall objective in strengthening our TYDE community.
Some key responsibilities of this position will be to develop and lead select Prep Academy and Bronze group practices, assist in recruiting new swimmers, working with the Head Coach in Prep and Bronze program development and assisting with the organization of Prep and TYDE hosted swim meets.
Schedule will vary based on practice and meet schedules. Evening and weekend availability is required in order to coach practices and support athletes at swim meets. Age-Group Developmental Coach will also be required to participate in TYDE’s weekly staff meeting and strategic planning when necessary.
- A passion for swimming with a minimum of three (3) years experience coaching age group (7-12) competitive swimmers while creating leaders in and out of the pool. YMCA experience preferred. A bachelor’s degree is desirable.
- All YMCA coaches who work with competitive swimmers must maintain current certifications in the following: Lifeguarding, Safety Training for Swim Coaches (including in-water), CPR, First Aid, and Y Principles of Competitive Swimming and Diving and YMCA Legally Required Training or have ability to obtain within 60 days.
- All coaches must also maintain active membership with USA swimming and appropriate certifications to include: Background Check, APT, Foundations 101 & 201, USAS Rules & Regs or have ability to obtain within 60 days. ASCA membership is a plus.
- Experience with HyTek Team Manager, Meet Manager, Team Unify and Microsoft Office, Google Applications are a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate with people in a positive but firm manner and possess mature judgment, sound decision-making, and be a team player capable of developing and maintaining harmonious relationships with all participants, staff, and the general public.
- Has an attitude of continual personal and professional development.
- Is innovative in approach and is able to maintain knowledge of the latest research and developments in swimming and swim coaching.
- Has high personal and professional ethical standards.
- Must present an appearance and an image consistent with the YMCA.
- Directly coaches Prep and Bronze groups. Location will be TBD.
- Attends swim meets as directed by the Head Coach.
- Enforces attendance and discipline policies for Prep and Bronze level swimmers when appropriate.
- Maintain a focus on technique, skill development while promoting the enjoyment of swimming
- Prepare practices on a weekly basis based on phase of training and swimmer’s needs/abilities.
- Coordinate training methodologies, drills and practice group goals with Head Coach and Head Age Group Coach.
- Oversee management of Prep Academy and Bronze level programs to ensure there is a smooth transition and progression between groups.
- Serve as liaison with Aquatics Directors to ensure a smooth transition between YMCA offered swim lessons and TYDE’s Prep program.
- Be the primary coordinator of TYDE Prep hosted swim meets, including planning, organization and preparation.
- Attend and participate in all pertinent meetings (team, LSC, etc.).
- Help determine swimmers’ events for meet entries.
- Assist in providing educational information to parents.
- Attend activities and events as determined by Head Coach.
- Perform all other tasks and responsibilities as directed by Head Coach.
Date posted: April 2, 2021
Location: Bluefield, WV, USA
with Bluefield State College
POSITION TITLE: Head Coach – Men’s and Women’s Swimming
POSITION CLASSIFICATION/COMPENSATION: This position is Nonclassified, Full-time, carries an Exempt status under the Fair Labor Standards Act, and serves at the will and pleasure of the President. Actual compensation will be commensurate with specific qualifications and experience related to the position. Position is contingent upon available federal grant funding.
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the Head Coach – Men’s and Women’s Swimming is responsible for providing leadership to develop student athletes and implement a strong, competitive athletic program in their assigned sport while promoting academic progress of student athletes to achieve graduation. The Head Coach is accountable for student athlete recruitment and development, fiscal integrity, fundraising, and for positively contributing to the goals and objectives of the assigned athletic program, the Athletic Department, and the College.
- Teach sports-specific skills toward the development of student-athletic performance, while promoting academic success of student athletes to enhance academic progress and graduation rates.
- Provide leadership for the assigned sports program that adheres to the highest standard of integrity and professionalism, developing and delivering a high quality experience to the student athletes, while promoting excellence of the specific program and the College at all times.
- Foster an environment that promotes the academic success, health, and welfare of student athletes in the assigned program, working collaboratively with administrative offices as may be appropriate. Monitor the academic progress of student-athletes.
- Ensure assigned staff are equipped with the knowledge, preparation and objectives to meet and/or exceed the program and departmental goals. Conduct performance management and provide professional development opportunities for assigned staff.
- Confirm assigned staff, including self, maintains required certifications and necessary training in life saving techniques to promote safety of student athletes.
- Ensure compliance with all NCAA, USCAA, and College rules and regulations.
- Conduct practice, contests and manage day-to-day operations of assigned program. Develop contest schedule and coordinate all team travel for assigned program. Accountable for maintaining accurate inventory of all equipment for assigned program.
- Develop and implement comprehensive recruitment and retention of student athletes.
- Be knowledgeable of and ensure compliance with relevant federal and state regulations, and the policies of the governing board and the policies of Bluefield State College as contained in the Academic Catalog, the Faculty Handbook, the Staff Handbook, and any other practices which are common to the institution.
- Perform the administrative duties associated with the responsibilities of Head Coach, including but not limited to: establishing business and community relationships to solicit support; assisting with marketing the sports program to increase spectator engagement; administering the sport’s budget, forecasting and controlling expenditures; preparing reports; participating in student athlete scholarship activities, and participating in revenue-generating and fundraising goal setting and activities for assigned program, the Athletic Department and the College at-large.
- Perform other duties as assigned.MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required. Masters preferred.
- Coaching experience for at least one regular season (at least 3-4 months), specific to assigned sports program, required. At least two years of higher education coaching experience preferred.
- Commitment to the mission of higher education, student academic success and student well-being.
- Record of personal and fiscal integrity.
- Excellent organizational and strategic planning skills.
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations and Title IX compliance.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships and work effectively with individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to meet the extended hours and travel requirements of the position.
- NCAA Recruiting Test Certification (Division II University Portal). NCAA Recruiting Test Certification (Division II University Portal) must be passed within 60 days of hire (required by the NCAA for recruiting).
- Must maintain a valid State Driver’s License.
- Must obtain CPR Certification within 120 days of start date/upon hire, and maintain certification in good standing at all times during employment in this position.
THE COLLEGE: The mission of Bluefield State College is to provide students an affordable, accessible opportunity for public higher education. A historically black institution, Bluefield State College prepares students for diverse professions, graduate study, informed citizenship, community involvement, and public service in an ever-changing global society. More information about the College is available at www.bluefieldstate.edu.
DATE POSTED: August 24, 2020
CLOSING DATE: For full consideration, applications must be received by 4:00 pm EST, Friday, April 16, 2021. Applications will be accepted until position is filled; however, applications received after the deadline may not receive full consideration.
Bluefield State College is an HBCU, AA/EOE/ADA employer, committed to the principle that minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The college complies with all applicable federal and state laws designed to promote equal educational and employment opportunities. Bluefield State College does not provide H1B visa or employment sponsorship.
Date posted: April 2, 2021
Location: Wilmington, NC, USA
with Waves of Wilmington, Inc
Waves of Wilmington: Head Development Coach
The Waves of Wilmington swim team is seeking candidates for our Head Development Coach position. The ideal candidate will possess a strong background teaching novice swimmers with high proficiency in stroke technique, inspiration, and fun! This is a salaried, part-time position with a typical non-meet work week consisting of ~20 hours on deck and ~5 hours of administrative work. Duties and responsibilities as follows:
- Lead coach for all Developmental groups (8u, 10u, 12u, and pre-senior)
- Assist Head Age Group Coach twice per week with Age Group practices
- Create season and weekly plans for each Development group based on WOW’s stroke progressions, training philosophy, and advancement goals
- Handle all administrative duties for Development groups (email communication, meet entries, parent meetings, etc.)
- Work with Head Age Group Coach and Head Coach to ensure athlete progressions and group and team goals are being met
Salary Range: $25,000-28,000
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to David Sokolofsky at [email protected]. Applications are due by 4/20/21.
Located in the beautiful coastal city of Wilmington, NC, the Waves of Wilmington swim team is the largest and most established USAS team in Southeastern North Carolina. We welcome all ages and abilities across our ~180 member team with two practice locations to serve them. Come join a team that is focused on developing complete athletes in a fun, positive, and nurturing environment!
Date posted: April 1, 2021
Location: Tigard, OR, USA
with Tigard Tualatin Swim Club
The Tigard-Tualatin Swim Club is conducting a search for an Assistant Coach-Senior Level. TTSC is a multi-site team that operates out of pools in both Tigard and Tualatin, OR. We currently have approximately 120 swimmers ranging from age 6 to 18.
The Assistant Senior Level Coach of the Tigard-Tualatin Swim Club demonstrates leadership and responsibility in coaching our Senior 2 group (8th grade and high school age swimmers). S/he will be involved in all aspects of the TTSC program, including (but not limited to) scheduling, training, performance, and safety.
- Plan and conduct 1-2 hours per day of on-deck coaching, working with our Senior 2 group.
- Communicate effectively with parents, swimmers, and other coaches (email, phone, face to face).
- Coordinate and develop group goals and curriculum.
- Attend all scheduled swim meets, meetings, and team functions as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Minimum of one (1) year successful experience as a swim coach with a USA Swimming team is preferred (prior experience teaching swim lessons also OK).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Positive and energetic presence with a passion for teaching technique.
- Current CPR, First Aid, Coaches Safety, and Safe Sport certifications and membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
Preferred start date: June 1st (or earlier). The position will remain open until filled. Compensation: $17-18 per hour, commensurate with experience.
For more information about our team and programs, please visit our website at www.ttsc.org
Date posted: April 1, 2021
Location: 350 Plantation Club Pkwy, St Johns, FL, USA
with Loggerhead Aquatics
Loggerhead Aquatics is seeking an energetic and motivated assistant coach. Position is open immediately.
Opportunity to work with Senior athletes as well as developmental age group swimming. Position would have roughly 20 hours of on deck work per week plus a slight amount of administrative work. Flexible schedule is required for this position.
Date posted: April 1, 2021
Location: 221 Duff Street, Gambier, OH, USA
with Kenyon College
Kenyon College invites applications for the position of Assistant Swimming Coach working with both the Men’s and Women’s teams. The position is a full-time 10-month appointment with flexibility to set work hours appropriate to the needs of the program. The position also includes a generous benefits package.
The Assistant Swimming Coach will provide assistance for the Head Coach in all areas associated with creating and sustaining a championship environment and program. Duties of primary importance will include: 1) recruiting – identifying prospective student-athletes who meet Kenyon College’s academic standards; contacting (email, phone, mail, social media) prospective recruits, families, and coaches; arranging campus visits for recruits; and developing recruiting materials, 2) on-deck coaching, and 3) student-athlete advising. Additional duties will include: strength training and conditioning, data collection and management, arranging travel, tracking equipment, and managing budgets. Other assignments will be defined by the Head Coach and / or Director of Athletics.
Candidates should exemplify leadership in the management of a successful collegiate swimming program and also show a strong desire to pursue a career in collegiate coaching at the NCAA Division I, II or III level.
It is also expected that the Assistant Swimming Coach embrace the department mission of fostering learning and developing community with a focus on the values of citizenship, competition, resiliency, sportsmanship, and teamwork within Kenyon’s unique campus culture. Successful candidates will be able to show a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in their support for students from diverse ethnic, socioeconomic, religious, and national backgrounds.
Kenyon College is a nationally prominent, private liberal arts college where academic excellence goes hand in hand with a strong sense of community and close relationships among students and professors.
Kenyon College is an equal opportunity employer and applications from members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged. It is the College’s policy to evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and/or mental disability, age, religion, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy or state, local, or federal law. Kenyon College has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion. Please visit our Diversity at Kenyon website.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Collegiate coaching experience preferred
- Collegiate swimming experience
- Experience in recruitment of academically focused student-athletes is preferred
- CPR, First Aid and AED Certification is required (and can be completed after hire)
Date posted: April 1, 2021
Location: 616 W North Bend Rd, Cincinnati, OH, USA
with Cincinnati Marlins
The Cincinnati Marlins have assistant coaching positions available. This includes age group and senior-level lead and assistant positions. Candidates will need to attend practices and meets. We do operate out of multiple sites in the Greater Cincinnati area so various locations are also available. Strong leadership and communication skills desired.