with YMCA of Greater New York
SALARY: $16.00 P/H – $18.00 P/H
FULL-TIME / PART-TIME
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Coney Island YMCA is seeking individuals who will be responsible for maintaining safe conditions at the branch, and promote a safe and positive atmosphere in accordance with YMCA of Greater New York aquatics policies and procedures. The Swim Instructor will also provide swim instruction for different ages and ability levels and motivate his/her participants.
- Must be Instructor Ready: uniform, lesson plans, maintain records (attendance, track progress and complete end of session report).
- Instruct participants according to YMCA aquatics program standards: using all 5 components, guided discovery, effective class organization and positive relationship with participants.
- Ensure instructional equipment remains in good condition; have all equipment ready prior to classes and put away after.
- Must attain the YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor certification within 120 days of hire.
- Know and understand the Emergency Action Plan and Emergency Evacuation Routes.
- Enforce aquatics safety rules consistently and fairly.
- Maintain positive relationships with class participants, parents, non-class members and staff.
- Promote other aquatics programs and have knowledge of pool schedule and programs.
- Maintain certification level of physical and mental readiness. Responsible for recertification before expiration.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Current YMCA Swim Lessons certification or equivalent.
- Current CPRO, First Aid and Emergency Oxygen certifications.
- Demonstrate swim strokes and CPRO/FA/EO skills.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Excellent hospitality skills.
with Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving Coach
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Department: PHYSICAL EDUCATION
Position Status: Administrative Exempt Positions
Responsible for assisting the Head Coach of Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving/Aquatics Director in all aspects of the swimming & diving program as well as the aquatics function for the department and university. Successful candidates will provide a positive educational environment which enhances the development of the whole student-athlete. Will assist in fundraising activities for the program and department including the hosting of swimming & diving events and rentals. Teach physical education courses.
• Assist the head coach/director in the leadership and direction of the program in the following areas: organize practice sessions; participate in the preparation of student-athletes for competition; supervision of student-athlete academic progress; provide positive guidance to students away from practice and competitions; and overall program development.
• Teach physical education courses.
• Help recruit prospective student-athletes committed to academic and athletic excellence.
• Establish and maintain a positive public relations image for the program, the department and WPI .
• Serve as a role model for student-athletes on campus and off campus.
• Develop good rapport and/or working relationship with students, department members, faculty and alumni.
• Adhere to WPI departmental, NCAA and university policies.
• Assist in all fundraising activities including hosting aquatic events.
• Assist director in all aspects of the aquatics operations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Previous coaching and teaching experience; competitive collegiate experience is strongly preferred.
• CPR certificate, first aid certificate preferred.
• Valid driver’s license
Posting Date: 06/04/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
Criminal Background Check Statement:
A pre-employment criminal records check is required.
with Nittany Lion Aquatic Club & State College High School
- Review, coordinate and supervise workouts and practices for all training groups. Personally coaching Senior Prep, Senior and/or Senior Blue training groups.
- Determine short- and long-course meet schedules with Board approval. Complete meet entry forms, travel with swimmers to meets or ensure the availability of other coaches at meets.
- Coordinate the staffing assignments of coaches ensuring all practice sessions and meets are adequately staffed in a manner consistent with budgetary constraints.
- Supervise and mentor other club coaches.
- Coordinate with the Manager of Aquatic Facilities at State College Area School District (SCASD) and Penn State McCoy Natatorium to ensure pool availability for training and meets.
- Act as a liaison between NLAC and Middle Atlantic Swimming, attending pertinent Middle Atlantic meetings.
- Maintain NLAC’s Team Unify website, including disbursement of meet information and updating swimmers’ times.
- Maintain membership registration.
- In conjunction with Treasurer, bill and maintain record of payment.
- Attend NLAC Board meetings and report on the status of the team, staff, goals and objectives as well as hold an annual meeting with parents.
- Maintain a presence in the community to actively promote NLAC and recruit new membership.
- Work with Board and parents to generate fund raising events.
- Potential exists for joint appointment as the State College Area High School swim coach and assistant pool operator. This opportunity would involve separate application to SCASD.
with Hamilton College Athletics
with Amherst Tritons Swim Team (ATST)
*********THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED***************************
We are looking for a competitive and charismatic individual to fill the year round salaried position of Head Coach. We seek a coach who is enthusiastic to develop the individual swimmers and the team to the fullest potential. The coach will design, coach and lead practices for our five swim levels. The head coach will also recruit, train and manage assistant coaches to develop our swimmers to the highest level possible. Practices are typically between 3pm to 8pm on weekdays and 8am to 12pm on weekends with meets on weekends during the season. Bring your vision, your love of swimming and your passion for building a team!
- 3-5 years of experience with club swimming
- 3-5 years or more of club coaching experience
- Knowledge of proper stroke technique and instruction
- Ability to inspire children, have fun, and work hard
- Previous competitive swim club member
- Knowledge of Team Unify and Hy-tek swim software
- USA Swimming certified coach
- CPR/First Aid certification
- Lifeguard Certification (or ability to obtain within 1 month of hire)
with RICE Aquatics and RICE University Womens Swim Team
Rice University Women’s Swim team and RICE Aquatics (RICE) is seeking a Volunteer Assistant Swim Coach with the collegiate team and Full Time Lead Coach to work with our competitive age group program. This coach would be an integral part in our missions to provide professional coaching while emphasizing: individual and team growth, healthy lifestyle and values of swimming as a lifelong sport. Rice University is a private and prestigious university sponsoring a nationally competitive NCAA Division I women’s swimming program and RICE is a coach-owned club training year round out of Rice University’s 50m x 25yd outdoor facility in the heart of Houston TX. RICE has a 200 + Age Group/Senior program and a 100 strong USMS program that serves the surrounding “inner loop” of Houston.
- 2 + years coaching experience and/or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level
- Current USA Swimming membership or must be able to pass/obtain all membership requirements for USA Swimming Non-Athlete Membership
- Strong administrative, communication and organizational skills with swimmers and parents
- Desire and passion for developing swimmers of all ages
- Understanding of Microsoft Office, Team Unify and various social media platforms for promoting team communication and publicity
- Work closely with Head Coaches on promoting, supporting and growing the team mission and vision.
- Design, plan, and implement a season/monthly/weekly and daily practice plan for groups.
- Work in partnership with Head Coach and Lead coaches to ensure progression and development of all swimmers.
- Provide consistent communication to the membership/groups in the forms of emails, meetings, newsletters and one on ones.
- Attending and providing meet coverage for the program as whole.
- Participate in weekly/monthly staff meetings, team building and/or activities.
- Promote a passion for the sport of swimming from novice to adult
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated team player
- Assist with all tasks associated with NCAA Division I swimming program; day to day on deck coaching, on campus recruiting, understand and adhere to NCAA compliance guidelines
with Loyola University New Orleans
Within the framework of the Loyola University New Orleans mission of educating the whole person, the Assistant Swim Coach will support both the men’s and women’s swim teams by fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of the position. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting the Head Swim Coach in providing coaching expertise and administrative duties for the intercollegiate Swim program on a part-time basis.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree; minimum of 1 year coaching or playing experience, manager experience, or GA experience; ability to work effectively with college student-athletes, faculty, staff, alumni and members of the community; working knowledge of collegiate swimming rules; philosophy of intercollegiate athletics which places the highest emphasis on the pre-eminence of the academic mission of the institution and role of athletics as a part of the student’s total educational experience for both the student-athlete and the student non-athlete; well-developed personal system of ethical values which will be used as the basis for supervising and developing student athletes in the swim program; must possess and maintain a current valid driver’s license as a condition of employment, and must also be able to successfully pass any driver background information investigation and any driver education courses required by Risk Management. Must be able to be able to lift heavy objects up to 25 lbs., walk 18 holes of Swim on consecutive days, and drive and transport athletes if needed.
Loyola University New Orleans is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We particularly encourage applications from women and members of minority groups protected under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, and persons with physical disabilities.
with The FISH
The FISH is expanding its program further south into the beautiful state-of-the-art Jeff Rouse Swim & Sport Center in Stafford, Virginia – and we are looking for a full-time coach to lead the new site. Located about an hour south of Washington D.C., Stafford is a growing area with a lot of opportunity and potential. As we are developing the program in a new area, we are looking for someone who is energetic and passionate about the sport, someone who is dynamic and willing to learn, and someone who has a proven record of developing and inspiring swimmers to succeed.
Job Tasks Include:
- Plan and conduct swim practices in accordance with the Head Coach and other coaching staff.
- Attending scheduled USA swim meets, as well as assist with FISH-hosted meets, eventually as Meet Director.
- Recruitment of new swimmers, including conducting summer stroke clinics at several pools in the area.
- Administrative tasks such as meet entries, communications, newsletters, and updating The FISH website.
- Coaching Membership in good standing with USA swimming.
- Minimum 2+ years coaching experience, preferably at the Club level.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge of TeamUnify.
- Knowledge of Hy-Tek Meet Manager and Team Manager preferred.
- Ability to motivate and inspire swimmers of all ages and create a positive learning environment.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full time benefits include 50% payment toward health and dental plan, paid vacation and sick leave, cell phone, and payment for USA certifications, background checks, etc. We also offer many opportunities for coaching growth and development, including ASCA and ISCA clinics, traveling to high level meets, and training trips.
with University of Miami
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit quality student-athletes who qualify academically and have proven swimming ability and attitude to participate and compete at the highest level.
- Develop a recruiting strategic plan that includes contact timing and frequency, unofficial and official visit goals, and the performance level(s) of prospects to be recruited that are consistent with the programs goals.
- Organize and assist with recruiting efforts, mailings, emails, personal notes and phone calls to both potential student athletes and club/high school coaches.
- Scout talent in person and from videos sent. Record good recruiting notes and ratings into database.
- Arrange details for official and unofficial visits, and disseminate the information in a detailed itinerary.
- Be familiar with admissions and eligibility procedures, and work with all the proper parties to make sure those procedures are being followed.
- Document all recruiting activities promptly using JumpForward.
- Be responsible for all NCAA rules, regulations, changes and successful completion of the coach’s certification test.
- Do all of the above within the given recruiting budget.
- Present the University of Miami in the most positive manner.
- Assist the head coach with coaching of all student athletes.
- Assist in planning and implementation of overall training plan and individual practices.
- Submit practices to the head coach as specified.
- Organize and implement land training program for student athletes in conjunction with the strength and conditioning coach(es).
- Provide appropriate guidance for student-athletes, and be knowledgeable of the resources available for them in the athletic department and throughout campus.
- Help administer team rules and policies.
- Support and enforce the head coach’s philosophy.
- Home and away competition duties as specified.
- Coach student-athletes during off-season and summer in accordance with NCAA, ACC and University of Miamirules and regulations.
- Maintain a current USA Swimming coach’s certification, which requires current CPR, First Aid and Coach’s Safety Training certification
- Coordinate practice times for visiting teams and for us when we travel.
- Responsible for all team travel logistics with the help of the University of Miami travel coordinators.
- Develop detailed itineraries for our away trips.
- Maintain student-athlete time management calendars using TeamWorks.
- Submit all countable athletic required activities (CARA), and monitor all RARA activities using TeamWorks.
- Promptly submit all appropriate compliance paperwork, and keep record of all compliance communication.
- Submit accurate business reports promptly following travel.
- Submit all purchase orders and work with the business department to follow necessary procedures for purchase of services and equipment not purchased by the equipment room staff.
- Assist with record keeping and paperwork regarding student-athletes (class schedules, parent contacts, equipment sizes, best times, practice results, etc).
- Assist with supervision of managers and volunteers.
- Work with Event Operations staff to make sure all home competition logistics are solidified (Event files, officials, pool deck set-up, competition course set-up, announcers, music, etc).
- Work with Equipment Room staff and Adidas representatives to order apparel (land and aquatic) for student-athletes and staff.
- Organize logistics of team banquet and assist with all team functions.
- Know inventory of administrative supplies and forward orders as needed.
- Keep aquatic equipment organized, know inventory and forward orders as needed.
- Keep team lounge tidy.
- Liaison between academic advisor and student-athletes.
- Monitor facilities and equipment to provide a safe and professional environment, and communicate with proper facilities staff members promptly to rectify any issues.
- Maintain CSCAA membership.
- Submit All-American and Academic All-American nominations.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with NCAA, Atlantic Coast Conference, institutional and departmental policies and procedures.
- Keep the Head Coach informed with everything involved with all aspects of the swim team.
- Maintain good working relationships with co-workers and other University of Miami staff.
- Act professionally at all times and serve as a positive representative of the University of Miami, both in person and through social media.
Education Requirements (Essential Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree required
- USA Swimming coaching certification
Work Experience Requirements (Essential Requirements):
- Two years of coaching experience is required, Division I preferred.
with Edina Swim Club
POSITION: The Edina Swim Club (ESC), is a level 4, Silver medal club located in Edina, MN. ESC is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Head Age Group Coach. This will be a leadership role in our Age Group Program. This position reports directly to the Edina Swim Club Head Coach. Start date is August 1, 2018 and minimum ASCA Level 3 certification.
BACKGROUND: The Edina Swim Club trains at three 50 Meter facilities during the summer months and out of six different 25 Yard facilities throughout the year. The club hosts 6 meets during a normal swim year. Edina is located in Hennepin County just southwest of Minneapolis. The Edina Gators enjoy a reputation of success, both locally and nationally, and is recognized for its perennial leadership in Minnesota. Edina High School has won 24 high school Swimming Championships between both the girls and boys teams. Edina’s strong recruiting base and community support allows them to provide financially attractive and competitive coaching opportunities unmatched in the Midwest.
PHILOSOPHY: Edina Swim Club’s mission: The Edina Swim Club prepares swimmers of various abilities to achieve the highest level of the sport. Edina Swim Club combines fun and hard work in a team-building atmosphere that produces long-term success for its athletes in the pool and as good citizens. To learn more about EDI, go to edinaswim.com.
- Design quadrennial and seasonal plans for Age Group and Developmental programs
- Plan Meet Schedules, Assistant and lead coaching practice and meet schedules, pool schedules
- Execute strong communication skills with all age group members: newsletters, emails listing deadlines and special events on a bi-monthly basis.
- Complete all daily work-outs on the OnDeck Application and maintain group attendance records
- Responsible for meet entry deadlines, posting meet information, and all age group entries
- Responsible for communicating group move ups at the end of each season
- Mentor and Manage all lead and assistant age group coaches
- Update TeamFeed on the OnDeck app – weekly(min)
- Social Media updates
- Responsible for weekly age group staff meetings
- Responsible for maintaining certifications and managing all staff certifications
- Schedule and perform all annual evaluations for age group staff
- Responsible for hiring all age group staff
- Maintain daily office hours in addition to coaching responsibilities
- Four-year College Degree (Required)
- Competitive Swimming Experience (Required)
- Ten years Swim Coaching Experience with at least five years in a leadership role (Required)
- Have experience in dryland training for long-term athletic development (Required)
- Have a working knowledge of Team Unify and Hy-Tek Software (Required)
- Must be current in all requirements to be a USA Swimming member coach or ability to become certified within 2 months of hire. (Required)
- Candidates must possess integrity, strong communications skills; and a passion for helping swimmers maximize their potential.
- This is a Full-time position. Competitive pay for this position will range from 50,000 + commensurate with experience.
with Fitter and Faster
The key responsibility for the Registration Sales Managers is to make sure that all competitive swimmers and coaches in communities throughout the USA and Canada know about upcoming clinics – and that they sign up.
Please take a look at the full job description for this position. https://fitterandfaster.com/career/registration-sales-manager/
Submit your resume and cover letter here: https://fitterandfaster.com/contact-us/
with Kishwaukee YMCA/DeKalb County Swim Team
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Head Coach, the Head Age Group Coach will support the development, organization, and implementation of a high-quality YMCA/DCST swim team program.
- Coaches DCST swim team members, 12 years of age and under, in competitive swimming/strength development techniques.
- Assists with other swim team member age groups as necessary.
- Supports DCST activities to meet YMCA objectives, standards, and guidelines.
- Supports collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Supports member connections through the DCST programs.
- Remains current in all YMCA swim team requirements, certifications, and guidelines.
- Writes swim team practices and assists in Stroke Clinic.
- Creates swim meet line-ups and provides supervision at swim meets.
- Communicates with parents.
- Provides swim team members with progress evaluations.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information, including: creation and production of materials
- Establish and maintain social media platforms, team website, meet management and team management software programs
- Assist in maintenance of program guide
- Writes newspaper articles for website, social media, and print
- Promotes fundraising and membership, in accordance with team’s strategic plan.
- Collect team fees
- Involved in team functions including the organization of volunteers, setup for swim meets, and season ending banquets
- Maintains records, rosters, spreadsheets, coach’s certifications, and record board and meet participation
- Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Participates in staff meetings and/or related meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by DCST Head Coach
with Aqua Lung America
|Aqua Lung America, Inc. specializes in the development, manufacture and distribution of scuba diving, water-safety, personal fitness and recreational products. We are looking for a talented individual who can support our marketing efforts. Our brands include: Aqua Lung, Aqua Sphere, MP Michael Phelps, Omer, Stohlquist, and U.S. Divers.
The Swim Marketing Specialist will work closely with the marketing and sales teams to manage the US marketing initiatives in our Swim business segment. Primary responsibilities will include creating and maintaining detailed marketing calendars to efficiently execute global marketing strategies and product launches within the US market, coordinating between graphic design, marketing, product, and sales teams to create needed marketing deliverables for product launches and marketing campaigns, and be the resident swim marketing expert for the US market. Additional responsibilities include: Brand activation, overseeing industry trade shows and grassroot events, photo shoot logistics, development of sales support tools, athlete and ambassador management, promotional and point of purchase campaigns for local market, social media channel management, field execution of marketing programs and daily administrative tasks. This position involves a high degree of collaboration and coordination between the marketing, product, graphics design and sales teams. The ideal candidate will have strong organization skills and demonstrate the ability to multitask while building respect and trust with others in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Candidate must demonstrate the ability to:
~Aqua Lung America, Inc. (AQA) is an equal opportunity employer.
~We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
~AQA participates in the United States Department of Homeland Security’s E-Verify program.
~AQA promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment.
with Phoenixville YMCA Swim Team (PAY)
The Phoenixville Branch of the Philadelphia Freedom Valley YMCA is seeking a Director of Competitive Aquatics and Head Swim Coach. The program, which comprises more than 200 swimmers, has steadily grown in numbers and stature over the last decade. In March 2018, the team finished second at the PA YMCA State Championships and sent 16 individual qualifiers to YMCA Nationals. Equally impressive is the strong foundation of steady improvement across the age group ranks. Therefore, this position presents a tremendous opportunity for the right candidate to reap the rewards of assisting in the development of young athletes into great people, while attaining regional and national recognition as a leader in competitive aquatics.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Management of the day-to-day operations of the Phoenixville YMCA Swim Team (PAY), ensuring that this year-round program complies with YMCA policies and procedures and recommended YMCA Competitive Swimming Guidelines for program quality and safety.
- Setting overall direction and curriculum for practices and meets while providing direct service to ensure program quality and safety standards.
- Developing, implementing and managing operating plans to promote program growth in the YMCA, USA and summer competitive leagues while maintaining and increasing a national level presence.
- Measuring progress against goals, and ensuring continuous improvement.
- Working with Aquatics Leadership to ensure we are meeting the overall aquatic needs of the Y community.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and minimum 3 years’ or comparable experience as a Head Coach. Level 2 ASCA certification desired.
- Experience in team management software (meet Manager, Hy-Tek Team Manager, Team Unify), timing system operation and budgeting.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills; possess a passion for member service that includes excellent communication skills with all age groups; build and maintain a culture of supportive relationships; set and achieve goals while providing an enjoyable environment.
- Current coaching certifications.
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications.
- Free YMCA Membership
- Access to health care benefits
- YMCA-funded retirement
- Employee-funded 403B
- 50% off full day childcare, camp and nursery school
- Tuition reimbursement program
with PSRP - PANTHERS
The Aquatics Department at Bay Club Redwood Shores, A Bay Club Property, is currently seeking a motivated and ambitious Head Swim Coach. Under the direction of the Aquatics Director and Director of Competitive Swimming, the Head Panthers Swim Coach is responsible for managing and coaching the year round USA swim team; maintaining a safe and effective learning environment while focusing on the fulfillment of clients’ swimming goals; achieving personal revenue goals; and providing the best customer service and hospitality to members and guests.
- Provide coaching for swim team; provide specific and corrective feedback to each swimmer at each session
- Design and deliver effective, consistent, and rewarding season plan and daily workouts
- Recruit new swimmers to join swim team
- Collaborate with other Bay Club Head Coaches, delivering a consistent, team oriented program
- Actively participate in events, programs meetings and trainings
- Help keep pool deck clean, safe and organized
- Follow all safety procedures and precautions
- Current USA Swimming Coach Certified
- ASCA Certified
- Current Red Cross Lifeguarding, CPR, AED & First Aid certifications and or Swim Coach Safety Training
- Experience in Competitive Swimming as a participant or a coach
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, and sales techniques
- Knowledge of water hazards, lifesaving techniques and first aid, recognize hazardous situations, and adopt effective courses of action
- Requires proficient swimming ability and the proper application of rescue and first-aid techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills
Hours: Will vary.
- Work is typically performed outdoors in varying and occasionally extreme (hot) weather conditions.
- Ability to arrive at work on time for all scheduled work shifts required. Ability to work weekends, evenings, and holidays required.
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and readily able to adjust to changes in work environment.
- Position requires daily public contact.
- Must be able to work in a hot environment
- Must occasionally sit for extended periods and regularly walk around the facility
- Mobility around and in the pool.