with La Mirada Armada
Assistant swim coach with a high performance USA Swimming Club.
Directly responsible for our Senior 2 group ( 13 – 17 year olds, JOs to Sectionals).
2.5 hours per day, including Saturdays. Swim meets as needed.
Will work directly with a level 5 coach, past ASCA board of Directors, current Southern California Swimming Board of Directors and member of the US National Junior Team staff.
with WOODSIDE KC
The Woodside Waves is a summer recreational swim program with swimmers from ages 5 to 18 with a wide range of ability. Our team is comprised of approximately 250 athletes who compete in weekly dual meets and a season-ending League Championship over span of the seven-week program which begins the first full week of June and ends in the third week of July. The swim team operations are coordinated through a collaborative effort between the Waves Parent Board, the Head Coach and Club Woodside’s Director of Community.
The purpose of this team is to provide swimmers with a safe, educational, and enjoyable environment to develop water safety, stroke technique, and diving instruction.
During the season, each swimmer and coach are expected to put forth effort into each practice and meet of the season and show quality team spirit. Coaches strive to keep a strong link between the parents, swimmers, and the club to ensure a successful season. Swimmers take part in both the competitive and non-competitive swimming experience to assist in their growing education of the pool environment and development of teamwork skills. The Waves parents support their swimmers and the team by volunteering their time at team events and meets.
Our Swim League
Woodside (WHTC) is part of the MOKAN Swim League – a strong parent-run swim league that includes a mix of swim teams from City Parks & Recreation departments, golf and country clubs and health and tennis clubs. These clubs include City of Mission Swim Club, Homestead Country Club, Jewish Community Center, and Turner Swim Academy. We follow the United States Swimming (usaswimming.org) rules for practice and competition. For more information about our league, meet schedules, time standards, championships info, and more, visit the MOKAN website at mokanswim.com
Under the general direction of the Director of Community, the Head Coach of the Waves will be responsible for:
• Organizing and directing practices to develop youth swimmers at all levels
• Assisting with meet preparation and management
• Maintenance of all swimmers’ records and preparation of entries for all meets
• The hiring and managing of assistant coaches
• Record-keeping and administrative duties
• Building strong relationships with swimmers, their families, and the Woodside Waves and MOKAN Swim League communities
• Responsibility for the behavior and conduct of all swimmers and assistant coaches when involved in Woodside swim team activities
• Knowledge of all MOKAN rules and regulations
• Working with the Parent Board to ensure the execution of the team’s mission statement
• Attendance at and involvement in team social events outside of meets
• Attendance and participation in Waves board meetings (4 per year)
• Attendance and participation, if possible, at each MOKAN Swim League meeting (4 per year)
• Works directly with the Director of Community to ensure programs and events are fully integrated the Woodside brand and marketing efforts and are executed within established budget parameters.
• Minimum of 3 years as an Assistant Coach or 1 year as a Head Coach
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, preferred
• Registered USA Swimming coach – mandatory
• Proven success at executing a plan to develop swimmers of all ages at all skill levels
• Strong interpersonal skills and relationship builder
• Strong public speaking and presentation skills
• Experience in management; ability to provide clear direction
• First AID/CPR Certified – mandatory
• Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation to work and on occasion miscellaneous work-related trips of short duration
• Must pass a background check
• Computer literate and proficiency in MS Office Suite of Products
• Knowledge of general office equipment and technology
• Demonstrates creativity, diplomacy and ability to remain calm under pressure
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work and coordinate with internal and external resources
• Ability to reason and problem solve without precedent
• Ability to move 20 pounds or more on a regular basis
• Must have ability to move about the property and community in variety of weather in excessive heat
with Heart of Texas Aquatics Team
Heart of Texas Aquatics Team (HEAT), serving the Waco and surrounding communities of Central Texas, is seeking a dynamic, motivating, experienced Head Coach, to lead our year-round competitive swim program. The team currently trains at the Family YMCA, and consists of 65+ swimmers from beginning level age-group swimmers to swimmers who compete at State Championships, Sectionals, Jr. Nationals, and National Championships. HEAT is a 501©(3) non-profit organization supported by a parent run volunteer Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 3 years Head Coaching experience
- Current Coach member of good standing with USA Swimming (background check, CPR, First Aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches)
- ASCA Level 3 or higher certification with ability to coach swimmers beyond the National level
- Positive, motivating, and energetic attitude with a passion for the sport and a desire for excellence in all areas of the program
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail, and ability to effectively communicate with swimmers, parents, coaching staff, and Board of Directors.
Responsibilities to include:
- Management of day-to-day direction and operation of swim team
- Develop and implement competitive program – to include correct stroke technique training and development, dry-land progressions, and taper strategies for range of swimmer abilities
- Management of appropriate athlete goal setting, evaluation and tracking
- Develop seasonal swim meet schedule, team building activities
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, managing, and directing assistant coaches
- Working knowledge of Team Unify and Hy-Tek Team Manager and Meet Manager
- Involvement with some administrative functions, Athlete registration, team management, and meet entries
- Communicate with families and swimmers through a variety of avenues, to include swimmer & parent meetings, newsletters, team emails, and maintain team website and social media presence
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
with Vernon Hills Park District Turtles Swim Team
Coaches must be at least 18 years of age, must demonstrate proper swimming technique or provide proof of competitive swim experience, and hold the following current certifications: USA-Swimming membership, CPR, First Aid, and AED, or the ability to obtain within 6 months.
Essential Job Functions
- To coach practice in accordance with Turtles Swim Team philosophy
- Reports on deck ready to work 15 minutes prior to the start of practice
- Creates and utilizes a swim practice with direction from the Head/Assistant Coach
- Maintains professional manner at all times
- Prepared to enter water to demonstrate skills
- Communicates with athletes in a manner to which is understood by all athletes under your direction
- Knowledge of all competitive strokes and the ability to get in the water and demonstrate strokes as needed
- Answers questions and responds to concerns from parents and patrons before and after practice. Refers an problems or issues to Assistant or Head Coach
- Ability to assess athletes’ progress and abilities
with Miami University Aquatic Club (MAKOS)
The Assistant Director reports to the Associate Director of the Aquatic Center and will have functional and administrative responsibility for the direction of the competitive swimming programs to include the MAKOS Age Group swim team & The Miami Red Fins Masters swim teams. Serves to provide program coverage, facility coverage, and supervision of special events sponsored by the MAKOS swimming program
- Required to perform duties with limited supervision and will be responsible for making significant independent decisions
- Directs swim practice execution, provides technical work direction to swim team staff, and provides real time feedback and notes suggestions and comments for their supervisor’s review
- Conduct daily facility safety assessment and take appropriate action
- Direct the Coaching staff (2-4 students)+ 1 part time assistant coach during all scheduled practices, swim meets, and extra activities (10 – 20 hours per week)
- Plans and develops season goals for the team participants and swim coaches. Develops and approves weekly workouts for all participants and manages swimmer placement for efficient programing
- Oversee progression, goal setting and monitor development and placement of all swimmers
- Instruct swimmers on proper strokes, turns, starts, and all other aspects of swimming as needed
- Assist Associate Director with the development, recommendation, and management of Age Group budgets
- Recruiting of novice swimmers and swimmer retention
- Direct and/or compile reports and proposals related to the competitive swimming programs
- Assist with facility coverage and departmental special events
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or 3 – 5 years of demonstrated experience and coaching a year round age group competitive swimming program
- 3 years of USA and/or YMCA Swimming age group coaching experience.
- Ability to obtain certification in CPR/PR, AED, First Aid, and American Red Cross Safety Training for Swim Coaches, and Principles of USA Swimming Certification and USA Swimming Level 1 certification within 30 days of hire.
- Ability to become American Red Cross Lifeguard Certified within 3 months of hire
- American Red Cross CPR/FA/LG instructor certifications, or WSIT, LGIT certifications.
- Computer experience to include Excel, Word, Colorado Timing Systems, Hytek and Team Unify.
- Current Instructor/Trainer Certification for designated program area.
- American Swim Coaches Association Level 2 certification
with Ansley Sharks
Ansley Golf Club is a premier private club located in Midtown Atlanta at 196 Montgomery Ferry Dr NE, Atlanta, GA.
As part of Ansley Golf Club (AGC), the Sharks Swim Team strives to ensure that every child has an opportunity to learn to swim confidently using proper technique and be a part of a summer swim team that promotes good sportsmanship, hard work, and camaraderie among all team members and families.
- Lead 300+ person summer youth swimming program from end of March through early July.
- Prepare swimmers to race in the Country Club Swim League, which is comprised of five or six teams.
- Responsible for coaching and teaching swimmers age 4-14 with varying levels of swimming experience.
- Manage multiple assistant coaches in developing and implementing practices focused on proper stroke technique, starts, turns, and age-appropriate race strategy.
- Work with parents to foster their children’s love of swimming and dedication to team.
- Select appropriate swimmers to race at end of season Championship Meet at Georgia Tech Aquatic Center.
- Manage necessary databases (i.e. Meet Manager) to track swimmer times and heat placements at swim meets.
- Prepare strategic team line ups/rosters for dual meets and championship meet.
- Works with Athletic Director/Assistant Athletic Director (AAD) and the Parent Shark Committee to manage all aspects of the swim team.
- Provide vital input into the hiring and supervising of all swim coaches and Jr. Shark Coaches.
- Communicate with swim team parents all necessary information through emails and phone on a daily basis.
- Work with AGC staff to ensure swim team has adequate equipment.
- Work with the AAD and Parent Shark Committee to plan and manage swim team social events.
- Given the opportunity to provide private swim lessons to any children at AGC throughout the entire summer.
- Competitive swimming experience through high school required; some college swimming preferred. Prior swim coaching experience required. Head coaching experience preferred. Experience with Meet Manager and Team Manager, or some other type of management tool preferred.
with Swimtastic Swim School
If you love children and the water – this job is for you! Swimtastic Swim School is seeking professional, fun-loving, and energetic swim teachers to join our team! We will train you so experience isn’t necessary. The position includes teaching children as young as 6 months how to swim. You must be very outgoing and great with kids.
Flexible part-time teacher positions are available. Looking for both morning and/or evening availability.
with South Pointe Swim Team
Our pool is located at 2824 Champion Road, Naperville. Last year our team had 135 swimmers ranging in ages 5-18. Our season runs from May 29 through July 29. We have a daily age group practice 8 am-11 am
We are looking for someone that enjoys working with kids, knowledgeable on the 4 swim strokes, and able to supervise and delegate to junior coaches. This is a summer team and we want to keep it fun for the kids. The team consists of both recreational and competitive swimmers. We usually hire between 4-6 junior coaches and would like our head coach to be involved in the hiring.
Here is an overview of meets and team events:
Time Trial (Early June)
8 Dual Meets (Tuesday/Thursday Evenings and Saturday Mornings)
End of the year Team Banquet 7/29
Salary Range: $4000-$6000, but negotiable based on experience
with The American Club
- Responsible for all levels of the aquatics program
- Design and oversee training plans for all training groups
- Oversee seasonal progression of swimmers
- Set performance goals and reports for the aquatics department
- Facilitate age appropriate goal setting processes with all swimmers
- Establish an environment that fosters positive team attitudes (staff and swimmers), encourages self-discipline, self-reliance, sportsmanship and responsibility for individual actions
- Facilitate progress toward equivalent recognition of USA Swimming Club Recognition and Club Excellence Goals.
- Recruit and retain staff within budget
- Plan and direct staff meetings at least once per month
- Provide annual staff development goals, and set the training program for educating, supervising, and mentoring all aquatics staff members
- Communicate regularly and appropriately with the Club’s membership via monthly newsletter, team and group meetings, email, and individual meetings or conferences as needed
- Administer and support aquatics department policies and procedures with the Club’s membership and staff
- Support and facilitate annual strategic planning process and review
- Market and promote the aquatics program
- Develop and implement incentive and recognition/achievement programs that are age-appropriate
- Coordinate daily, monthly and seasonal use of the Club’s pools
- Responsible as the management representative to the Aquatics Subcommittee
- Reports directly to the Fitness & Leisure Director
- Minimum ASCTA Bronze qualification (or equivalent), lifeguard certification and a relevant tertiary qualification
- 4 to 6 years’ experience teaching/coaching in Learn-to-Swim programs, pre-comp and competitive squads
- More than 4 years of management experience in a similar capacity
- Experience in teaching Masters programs will be an advantage
- Demonstrated skills in developing budgets, reviewing P&Ls and reporting on financial performance
- Previous experience in managing teams for high level service delivery and ongoing professional development
- Marketing and Business Development experience to promote participation in programs and events
- Understanding of aquatics plant operations and water quality requirements
- Mature disposition to develop and maintain relationships with colleagues and Members
- Competent in the use of MS Office applications
This role would suit someone looking to build upon their technical and management skills in Aquatics, and gain the experience of working overseas.
Do you love kids and love to swim? If so, SwimLabs Swim School has a job for you! SwimLabs is a year-round, indoor swim school for children and adults who are learning to swim, as well as a training facility for competitive swimmers and triathletes. We are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, energetic people to join our team. We teach lessons to all ages and abilities in a unique environment of warm-water pools using visual feedback. Please visit our website for more details, www.swimlabs.com.
Job Title: Swim Instructor
Reports To: Aquatics Director
Job Duties (all new employees will be trained):
• Teaching lessons to all ages and abilities, including group and private lessons, and may include competitive lessons, depending on skill level and previous experience
• Using Dartfish video analysis software
• Teaching the SwimLabs progression
• Moderate maintenance work on pools and facility
• Communicate regularly with children and adults
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• Love of children and desire to teach
• Previous swimming experience, such as teaching swim lessons, coaching swim team, or swimming on a team
• Desire and ability to teach all ages and abilities
• CPR and First Aid certifications
• Great customer service skills
• Efficient class management skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with children and adults
• Willingness to learn and execute the SwimLabs Swim School teaching method
• Desire to work in a team environment
• Ability to work a consistent weekly schedule
The ideal candidate has a welcoming, bright personality, professional appearance is very well organized, punctual and with a positive can-do attitude. You should be forward-thinking, have common sense, and most importantly – be dependable. We will rely on YOU to help run our business so dependability is a must!
with SwimLabs Littleton
Do you love kids and love to swim? If so, SwimLabs Swim School Littleton has a job for you! With business strong and growing, we are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, energetic people to join team.
Job Openings: Swim Instructors
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Work Hours: 5-30 Hours/Week; Monday-Sunday
Teach clients to swim; maintain our beautiful facilities, participate in promotional events; & provide exceptional customer service.
The ideal candidate has a welcoming, bright personality, professional appearance, is dependable, and has a positive can-do attitude. We have an excellent team and we love what we do. Join our team!
with SafeSplash Swim School
SafeSplash Swim School in Arlington, TX is looking for Swim Instructors and Lifeguards. Hours range from 12 to 20 hours per week. Pay range: $10.00 to $15.00.
Must be available to work on the following days:
- Saturdays (10:00AM to 3:30PM)
- Wednesdays (3:00PM to 8:00PM) and
- Fridays (3:30PM to 8:30PM)
We are looking for the right candidates to help us make an impact in our community by providing exceptional swim lessons. The SafeSplash® system believes in Leadership, Respect, Execution and Quality. Our Swim Instructors and Lifeguards are the most important and valued part of our business.
What will you be doing?
- Ensure swimmer’s safety and teach swimming skills in accordance to SafeSplash® curriculum in a fun and positive manor
- Communicate positive corrective feedback to students and parents on their swimming efforts
- Structure class time appropriately to incorporate repetition, reinforcement and introduction of required skills
- Maintain proper equipment and class time organization
- Share with Deck Supervisor class information (ribbons, student changes, etc.)
- Required to maintain proper SafeSplash® uniform standards outlined in employee handbook
- Participate in ongoing marketing events
What we are looking for:
- Awesome and reliable individuals to join our close-knit team
- Swim background; must be able to demonstrate swim strokes
- Previous swim instruction experience preferred
- Experience working with children and comfortable working with teens and adults
- Available to work flexible hours, including weekends
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds in weight
- Special consideration will be given to instructors with experience teaching children aged 6 months to 10 years and Special Needs
Requirements and Certifications:
- Current Red Cross Lifeguard or equivalent
- WSI – Water Safety Instructor certification a plus
- CPR-PR/AED, First Aid for Adult, Child certification
We will provide:
- SafeSplash® curriculum training
- SafeSplash Uniforms – We will cover 100% of the cost
- A fun and supportive work environment
We are confident that this will probably be the best job you ever had ; if you feel you are qualified for this position, we would love to hear from you!
with Fremont Hills Country Club/ Palo Alto Stanfor Aquatics
Fremont Hills Country Club and PASA-DKS (Los Altos Hills, CA) is seeking an Assistant Aquatics Director as well as an Age Group Swim Coach to start as soon as possible. The coaching position includes Masters, Clinics, Summer Recreational Team and Dryland Fitness Program, as well as additional compensation for Private Lesson Instruction. The Assistant Aquatics Director position will be a full-time benefited position and will require administrative duties, inclusive of working with a private club membership. There will be room for growth both positions.
Qualifications: Coaching experience and/or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level; Strong communication skills; Desire & passion for developing swimmers of all ages; Expertise with current technique development and training methodologies; Outrageous enthusiasm; Highly motivated team player; Ability to self-motivate and problem solve.
We offer a competitive salary as well as potential to increase income based on commitment
Interested persons should email letter of interest, resume, and references to Head Coach Dana Kirk at [email protected]
with Crown City Aquatics
Crown City Aquatics Club is seeking a qualified part-time Assistant Coach for the current 2018 swim season. Coaches will be working with our Development Group, which consists of swimmers between the ages of 5-10.
This is an hourly position with work opportunities between 5 to 10 hours per week.
We are looking for a coach who excels at teaching good technique, conducting organized and engaging practices, and communicating with swimmers and parents. Coach candidates must be knowledgeable and passionate about working with young swimmers.
Their focus will be on creating and implementing a program designed to introduce and properly instruct the basic principles of competitive swimming to the introductory swimmers of our program. Coach candidates will work in partnership with the Head Coach and other assistant coaches to ensure a true progression in the development of our swimmers.
Coach candidates are expected to be available for all practices for their assigned practice group, ranging from 5 to 6 practices per week. Coach candidates should also be available to attend meets (Saturday and Sunday) an average of once per month.
Coach candidates need to be certified with USA Swimming and have their Red Cross lifeguarding certification or be willing to do so within 30 days of being hired. Coach candidates are required to undergo a background screen before they are hired.
Hours: Monday – Friday evenings and possibly Saturday mornings / Availability on meet weekends (5-12 hours per week as needed)
Location: Rosemead Aquatic Center
Starting Date: ASAP
Pay: Hourly – highly competitive; negotiable based on qualification and experience.
Club Description: Crown City Aquatics Club is a highly competitive USA Swimming team. We are an organization dedicated to inspire and work with athletes to be the best self they can be. Our vision is to have every swimmer going through our program influence society in a productive and positive way. Crown City Aquatics Club (soon to be Rosemead Rapids) train at the Rosemead Aquatic Center located at 9155 Mission Drive in Rosemead, CA.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create, plan, and run practices for swimmers 5-10 years olds in line with the club direction.
- Work under the direction of the Head Coach.
- Attending all practices and scheduled meets as needed .
- Assist other coaches as needed.
- Staying up to date with the latest science, technology, and procedures of USA Swimming.
- Previous competitive swimming/ coaching experience preferred.
- Must have all USA Swimming certifications and coaching requirements or be able to obtain within 30 days of being hired.
- Mature judgment, reliability, availability, and ethical behavior including punctuality, confidentiality and the ability to function effectively in a multitask environment.
- Ability to work well and effectively communicate with swimmers, parents, and coaching staff.
- Be energetic, prompt, reliable, and willing to learn
with Cupertino Hills Swim and Racquet Club
Cupertino Hills Swim and Racquet Club is looking for a Head Coach for our 2018 season — April 2 through July 15.
Our team is dedicated to providing a fun and supportive team environment, encouraging healthy competition, and improving swimming technique. We have 120 swimmers.
We are looking for a coach who can:
- Create a positive and supportive team environment
- Emphasize stroke and turn techniques and conditioning
- Instill a sense of sportsmanship, loyalty, and willingness to work hard
- Mentor assistant coaches
- Plan, monitor, and attend scheduled practice sessions
- ~12-15 hours per week April 2 through June 8.
- ~20-22 hours per week June 11 through July 15.
- Coach one practice meet (May 20), five dual meets (Saturdays in June and July), and one championship meet (July 15) in accordance with Junipero Serra Swim League protocol
- Attend swim team activities planned by the Swim Team Committee
- Attend award ceremony following the championship meet. In collaboration with Assistant Coaches, determine awards for swimmers. Announce and distribute awards
- Serve as a member and/or advisor on the Swim Team Committee
- Possibly provide swim clinics and private lessons
Current lifeguard and CPR certification required. Expenses for certification will be compensated.
Background check required.