Date posted: October 4, 2022
Location: 5700 Trinity Prep Lane, Winter Park, FL, USA
with Trinity Preparatory School of Florida
The Aquatics Director leads the programming, operations, maintenance, and administration of the Trinity Prep Aquatics and its facility. Supervises the hiring, training, testing, and manages the certification of staff of the facility. Develops and implements various aquatic programs. Ensures that all appropriate water health and safety standards are maintained. Maintain the strong fiscal health of the program which serves students from the entire Central Florida region. Trinity Prep Aquatics staff emphasizes attention to detail, race strategy, and conditioning, all while providing a fun and safe environment.
The Trinity Prep Aquatics Director will exemplify Trinity Prep’s four Core Competencies that apply to all employees of the organization:
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness
- Ensures Accountability
- Communicates Effectively
- Cultivates Innovation
The Trinity Prep Aquatics Director will demonstrate the following Coaching Leadership Competencies that apply to all members of the Athletic Department:
- Build Effective Teams
- Decision Quality
- Directs Work
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet weekly with the Assistant Director of Athletics to achieve short- and long- term goals.
- Train, hire, and supervise related personnel to ensure safety in the pool area and lake.
- Demonstrate effective communication and judgment skills to ensure safety and accident prevention.
- Maintain proper pool chemical levels, water quality, and overall pool cleanliness daily.
- Develop and execute dynamic aquatics programming and staffing for Trinity Prep Aquatics.
- Manage all relations and rental agreements with pool renters; Implement and manage all pool scheduling.
- Ensure that all coaches and swimmers are registered with the proper affiliations.
- Track revenue, expenses, and swimmer’s accounts.
- Manage swim certification of TPS students.
- Perform job-related duties as assigned.
- Lead the overall vision and direction of the Trinity Prep Aquatics.
- Supervise all related personnel which includes coaches at these levels: senior, junior, gold, silver, and blue as well as coordinate their schedules.
- Serve as Meet Director for all home meets. This includes finding timers/volunteers, hiring officials, creating meet files, and setting up Daktronics equipment for scoring.
- Educate staff and provide professional development including lifeguard skills training and other continuing education opportunities.
- Implement and oversee emergency action procedures as outlined by Trinity Preparatory School, pool chemistry, substitutions, and opening/closing procedures.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or the international equivalent with a focus in a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of coaching experience at the secondary, club or collegiate level.
- Articulates an authentic commitment to diversity and holds others accountable for the same.
- Promotes an inclusive environment that values, encourages, and supports differences.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations, policies, and guidelines for the operation of public swimming pools.
- Supervise the daily operations of the pool and aquatic facility as well as the emergency procedures.
- Skills in program planning, development, revenue generation and producing positive net income to achieve budget commitments.
- Knowledge of budget preparation, cost estimating, monitoring, and fiscal management.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Required:
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification
- Lifeguard Certification
- USA Swimming Certification
- Certified as an Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) or Certified Pool Operation (CPO).
- Must pass a Jessica Lunsford Level II background check
Date posted: October 4, 2022
Location: Coral Gables, FL, USA
with Hurricane Aquatics
Developmental Swimming Manager
CANES is seeking a Manager of Developmental Swimming to work with 5+ lesson instructors and oversee our pre-competitive swimming program on a daily basis.
- Reports to the Head Coach
- Minimum of 2-3 years of coaching experience and/or teaching experience preferred.
- 30-35 hours per week plus a minimum of one meet per month. Full-time could be an option with the right candidate.
- Working knowledge of Red Cross WSI certification and USA Swimming rules.
- Working knowledge/application of stroke technique, swimmer development.
- Ability to create a season plan and train staff on how to manage workouts.
- Possess strong skills in public relations, and written/verbal communications, good word
processing skills, and experience with swimming computer software.
- Ability to work in sunny, hot, and humid environments for long periods. And train both staff and athletes safely in similar conditions. Ability to adapt the practice to changes in weather on short notice.
Certifications current or able to acquire upon hiring:
- CPR. First Aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, Concussion Training, and membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
- Athlete protection training, Safe Sport training, a background check through USA Swimming
- Foundations of Coaching 101 and 201
- Oversee the pre-competitive staff daily. Including staff development of teaching techniques, how to correct strokes in a positive manner, fill in as needed.
- Coach group of advanced pre-competitive swimmers as needed
- Schedule and perform swimmer evaluations for both safety and program progression.
- Communicate with potential and existing clients about scheduling, swimmer progression, and general questions.
- Attend Staff meetings on a weekly basis
- Attend one swim meet per month
- Educate and introduce new swimming families to USA Swimming.
- Office tasks related to communication with parents, registering new swimmers, and other duties as assigned.
- Opportunity to increase responsibilities/hours based on performance.
- Opportunity for additional income with private swim lessons (optional).
Preferred start: Fall 2022, no later than April 2023
Mission Statement: Hurricane Aquatics is a safe and supportive environment that teaches swimmers of all ages and abilities to work together for greater success; by encouraging teamwork, developing a strong work ethic, building self-confidence, and refining leadership skills.
Date posted: October 4, 2022
Location: Bettendorf High School, 18th Street, Bettendorf, IA, USA
with Bettendorf Aquatics
Bettendorf Aquatics is a USA Swimming Club that operates out of Bettendorf High School (SCY) and Clinton Community Pool (LCM). Our program offers a supportive atmosphere that emphasizes sound stroke technique, wet and dryland training, and competitive opportunities at every level. We are a not-for-profit team that is Board Run.
- Lifeguard/CPR Certification
- USA/ASCA certification
- Full Background Check
- 3+ years of coaching and leadership/supervisory experience
- Experience coaching/teaching athletes of all ages and abilities.
- Full knowledge and understanding of all competitive strokes.
- Ability to plan/organize/run practices independently and as part of a coaching team.
- Availability must include afternoons, evenings, at least one weekend day and 2-3 mornings.
- Enthusiasm, commitment, professionalism and organizational skills are a must!
Under the direction of the Board of Directors and in accordance with the goals and objectives of the swim club, the Head Coach is responsible with the management of the swim club within the rules and guidelines of USA Swimming and Bettendorf High School. The Head Swim Coach must work daily to develop personal and meaningful relationships with swimmers, parents and work with the BHS/BMS Swim Coaches. Bettendorf Aquatics is also a feeder program for Bettendorf Middle (BMS) and High School (BHS) swim programs. The Head Swim Coach will also oversee all Assistant Coaches as well as the Learn2Swim Program.
- Develop a swim program that is technically and developmentally age appropriate for both water and dryland training and that allows swimmers of different abilities to reach their highest potential.
- When available, supervise, mentor, and evaluate Assistant Coach/Coaches, including preparation of daily and seasonal work-outs, skill sets, and practice groups.
- Manage and lead our swim lessons program.
- Lead swimmer recruitment/retention efforts for all swim groups.
- Decide on which meets the team will participate in during SCY and LCM seasons and will submit meet entries.
- Assist in Meet organization and preparation, especially team hosted meets.
- Build meaningful relationships with members and participants; help members connect with one another and to the swim club.
- Ensure that all team operations are completed in a timely and organized manner.Communication to the swimmers, parents, board are done in a timely and professional and age appropriate manner.
- Lead practices of the group(s) with care and excitement.
- Give swimmers knowledge to understand and master strokes allowing for movement up through the swim team groups.
- Be on deck before swimmers begin practice to greet swimmers and parents.
- Attend and participate in Board meetings as a voting member as often as possible.
- Base Annual Salary $38,000 to $45,000 (based on experience)
- Profit Sharing on Swim Lessons:20% net profit after payroll
- Bonus Pay with Club Growth
- Monthly phone and health insurance stipend
Location: Bettendorf High School 3333 18th Street Bettendorf, IA 52722
Please send inquiries to [email protected].
Date posted: October 3, 2022
Location: 303 Lovers Lane, Bowling Green, KY, USA
with Race Aquatics Swim Club
We want YOU to help us with our vision to create a premier organization where education and competition unite; Building better athletes and stronger community through the fitness and sport of swimming.
RACE Aquatics is seeking a qualified applicants for a full-time salaried Head Coach for USA Swimming Club Team and High School programs. RACE is a USA Swim Club founded in 2007 and is part of Kentucky Swimming LSC. RACE is a 501c3 non-profit organization overseen by an elected Board of Directors.
RACE Aquatics currently has over 80 swimmers throughout the year and offers 5 different training levels. RACE operates a year round program out of a 8 lane 25 yard pool and has access to a 50 meter facility for summer long course season. RACE Aquatics has swimmers compete at all levels (local, state, sectional, and national).
Job Responsibilities Include:
•Serve as primary on-deck coach of senior level training groups and high school programs.
•Develop seasonal training plans for individuals and groups.
•Hire (with board approval), manage and support assistant coaching staff including
-Manage staffing as approved through budget
-Coordinate stroke and training principles throughout all levels
-Oversee group placement and group advancement of athletes
-Serve as on-deck coach of lower level training groups as needed
-Work cooperatively with the Board of Directors as an Ex-officio member to
◦Develop and Administer the team budget
◦Create and execute a shared vision for RACE growth and success
◦Communicate professionally and regular with coaches, athletes, and parents
•Manage Swim Lesson program
- Require 4+ years competitive coaching experience
- Prefer 3+ yrs. + experience as a Head Coach
- ASCA Certified, Level 3 preferred
- Experience leading and mentoring assistant coaching staff
- All certifications current and in good standing with USA Swimming
- Strong coaching acumen, including solid knowledge of stoke technique and training physiology
- Experience in writing and implementing weight training and dryland programs
- Proven success coaching, motivating and inspiring swimmers at all levels
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Clear, cooperative and tactful communication style
- Strong personal values including honesty, respect and integrity
- Passion and enthusiasm for competitive swimming and youth mentoring
- Personal desire to succeed professionally and advance the team as a whole
- Experience with HyTek and Team Unify
- Legal authority to work in the United States and able to pass background checks.
- RACE offers a competitive compensation package.
- RACE Aquatics is an equal opportunity employer.
- Salary starting at $48,000.
- Race Aquatics agrees to contribute to retirement in the form of Simple IRA to match up to 3% of the gross salary.
Date posted: October 1, 2022
Location: Las Vegas Swim Club, 101 S Pavilion Center Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89144, USA
with Las Vegas Swim Club
About the Position
On-Deck Coaching Responsibilities
• Lead Coach: Silver Group – Silver Group is our top group for swimmers who range in age from 8-11. Highly committed swimmers working to qualify for State and JO competitions. Lead Coach responsibilities:
o Present and on deck, coaching for all group swim practices
o Responsible for writing (or designate writing) all practice workouts
o Responsible for the athletes’ swim meet entries
o Attend all swim meets when Silver athletes are participating
▪ Local meet commitment is typically one weekend per month
▪ Attendance at travel meets and qualifying meets is expected
o Design season plans (long course and short course) and create general direction of Silver Group
o Dryland training – run dryland or assist dryland coach
• Assistant Coach – White, Green, Bronze Groups
o Attend and assist practices as needed
o Coaching of athletes at swim meets as needed
• Summer League Head Coach
o Coordinate organization of LVSC Summer League team in conjunction with BOD
o Pre-season and in-season meetings/conversations with League organizers
o Promote and try out Summer League participants; divide into appropriate training groups
o Create season plan and run practices
o Attend all meets, coordinate organization of parent volunteers
o Communication with parents
Management, Leadership, and Administrative Responsibilities
LVSC has a strong commitment to the quality of the entire program. Every swimmer (from State Champion to 1st week swimmer) and family should know they are important and should feel free to discuss their athletes, questions and concerns with Coaches. Parents, Coaches and Board Members are all working together to provide the best possible environment for the athletes. With that in mind; organization and communication will be a significant portion of the Head Age Group Coach position. Responsibilities include (not limited to):
• General oversight, vision, and planning of the Developmental side of the teams’ training program
o Developmental Groups include White, Green, Bronze, Silver, and Gold2
o Development portion of the team equates to approximately 100 swimmers
• LVSC Social Media Coordinator
• Primary management point of contact for parents of swimmers in White, Green, Bronze, Silver and Gold2 Groups
• Work collectively with the Head Coach to shape the direction and progression of the LVSC program as a whole
• Expected to attend regular meetings such as (not limited to) LVSC Coach Meetings, Desert Committee Meetings, Board of Directors meetings
• Take an active role in Desert Committee and/or Southern California Swimming
• Conduct monthly tryouts of perspective swimmers
• Attend coach education courses in person and online
• Teach and train LVSC coaches, monitor and evaluate their progress
• Organization and execution of swim clinics and other learning opportunities for athletes. Minimum of 1 clinic per season.
• Assist in Parent education program that includes classes, written guides, and on-deck observations
• Seek out appropriate competition and participatory opportunities (i.e. Rec League, Dual meets)
o Potential to develop a coordinated Las Vegas year-round “development/recreation league”
• Work with Head Coach to schedule and organize the following:
o Practice Schedules – includes sending information to coaches and parents
o Working with city, county and private facilities to coordinate available pool space
o Responsible for Coach schedules for practice and coverage
Date posted: September 30, 2022
Location: Irvine, CA, USA
with Speed Aquatics
Speed Aquatics has an immediate opening for a certified USA Swimming coach, looking for an hourly coaching role.
Speed Aquatics is a year-round USA Swimming Club. Our mission is to introduce (beginners) and prepare (intermediate to advanced) swimmers for competition while stressing technique and positive sportsmanship. We believe every swimmer deserves the opportunity to excel.
- USA Swimming certified coach, in good standing.
- 1-2 years of Club Swim coaching.
- Must be able to provide stroke analysis, write workouts & create a training plan for swimmers with various levels of experience and a wide range of goals.
- Able to work with all levels of swimmers: beginners, Intermediate, and serious competitive swimmers.
- Working with all levels of Age Group swimmers.
- Attend all staff meetings as required.
- Attend all Practices and Meets as required.
- Compensation will be an hourly rate and will depend on the experience and qualifications of the candidate. $17-$25 per hour
- Private lesson opportunities
Date posted: September 28, 2022
Location: Redlands, CA, USA
with University of Redlands
Assistant Coach, Men & Women’s Swim & Dive
POSITION CODE: 6428
APPOINTMENT: Staff, Twelve (12) Months, Part-time
(up to 25 hours per week & up to 960 hours per fiscal year)
STARTING SALARY: $20.00 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: Six (6) Months
POSTING DATE: September 27, 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 6, 2022 at 2:00 pm, P.S.T.
Definition of Classification:
The Assistant Coach will serve the swim and dive program as on deck swim and dryland coach as assigned, and assist the Head Coach in the planning, administering, and evaluating of various aspects of the operations of the Men’s & Women’s Swim and Dive program.
Reporting to the Head Coach, is responsible for furthering the mission of the University, the Department of Physical Education and Athletics, and the Bulldog swim and dive programs. The Assistant Coach must comply with all University, National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC) rules and policies. May be required to travel for extended periods of time for athletic contests and recruiting activities. Flexibility to work nights and weekends as required by the teams’ schedules.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist with on-deck coaching, training, and skill development.
• Create a training program for IM/Stroke Swimmers.
• Function as an active team member of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics.
• Attends training as assigned.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Any combination equivalent to, but not limited to, the following:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Two years swim coaching experience or three years of college swimming experience.
• Must have a clear understanding of the NCAA Division III philosophy and the role of athletics in a private, liberal arts academic setting
• A valid California Class C CA drivers’ license with a good driving record is required.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Technical knowledge of Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving and the demonstrated ability to apply that knowledge.
• Knowledge of applicable team or individual sports and playing rules.
• Knowledge and understanding of the NCAA Division III philosophy.
• Possess the ability to attract outstanding students to the University.
• Knowledge and understanding of the role of physical education, recreational sports, and athletics in a private, liberal arts academic setting.
• Strong interpersonal, motivational and team leadership skills to work effectively with athletic participants.
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and decision-making; be an effective problem solver
• Ability to clearly communicate information both verbally and in writing.
• Excellent organizational skills, and detail orientated.
• Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
• Follow appropriate safety rules and regulation.
• Knowledge of personal computers and personal computer software and applications.
• Aptitude to learn new and evolving technology.
• Ability to recommend appropriate courses of action within established guidelines.
• Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
• Understand, interpret, explain, and apply applicable federal and state policies and laws.
• Ability to foster strong, positive relationships and align both internal and external resources to achieve university objectives.
• Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. The work environment may involve some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions. May be required to travel for extended periods of time for athletic contests and recruiting activities. Flexibility to work nights and weekends as required by the teams’ schedules.
Incumbents regularly stand, walks and sits; speak clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; see to read fine print and operate computer; hear and understand voices over telephone and in person; use hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; walk on a regular basis and stand for prolonged periods; travel to various locations; distinguish colors and have depth perception; reach with hands and arms; pushing, pulling and lifting; stoop or kneel or crouch; lift, carry and/or move objects typically weighing up to 10-25 pounds.
TO APPLY: Submit a resume/CV and cover letter with application. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
BACKGROUND CHECKS: The University of Redlands is committed to providing a safe campus community. As part of that commitment, the university conducts background checks for applicants being considered for employment.
INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19: New employees are required to submit proof of having received the full course dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine including a booster or submit an exemption request for medical or religious reasons within sixty (60) days from your date of hire.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909-748-8040 OR VISIT http://www.redlands.edu/human-resources/employment/ SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN. MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3494682
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Date posted: September 28, 2022
Location: 600 Lake Rd, Belton, TX, USA
with Tiger Sharks of Texas
Tiger Shark Swim Team of Belton, TX is seeking a
FULL TIME ASSISTANT COACH – Salaried with Benefits
Tiger Shark Swim Team is seeking an assist coach, committed to supporting the mission and vision of Tiger Shark Swim Team and promoting our programs throughout the community. This is a full-time position working with athletes from our age group and senior levels as well as some administrative work and opportunities to coach at meets.
• Attend daily workouts as assigned by the head coach.
• Work with the head coach and head age group coach to develop season and weekly plans in line with the goals of the team and specific group.
• Create and execute daily workouts in accordance with the weekly and season plans.
• Help athletes to reach and exceed TST standards in performance and character.
• Help with administrative duties
• Other duties as assigned
• College degree (preferred)
• Current American Red Cross Life Guarding/First Aid Certification or its equivalent
• American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer or its equivalent
• American Red Cross Coaches Safety Training certification
• USA Swimming Certification
• Two (2) years coaching experience (preferred)
• Background in competitive swimming (preferred)
Belton Swim Center at Belton High School in Belton, TX.
• 8 Lane 25-yard indoor pool
• 3 Lane 25-yard indoor pool
• 800 square foot weight training facility
Comanche Pool at Ft. Hood, TX
• 8 Lane 50-meter outdoor pool (currently utilized in the summer)
• Commensurate with experience. Minimum salary $36,000
• This position is eligible for benefits as a BISD employee
Date posted: September 28, 2022
Location: 73 Patricia Drive, Palm Coast, FL, USA
with Flagler Fluid Swim Team, LLC
The FLagler FLUiD Swim Team, LLC is seeking a Head Swim Coach, in Palm Coast, Florida. The team is a year-round beginner competitive USA Swimmer team, with a 501(c)3 booster club. The ideal candidate should be interested in developing swimmers new to the program, but also be able to meet the needs of senior-level competitive swimmers in a flexible and welcoming swim club environment.
Swim Team Programming:
- Provide leadership, instruction and motivation to every swimmer. Teach strokes, techniques, and sportsmanship at various levels and age groups.
- Plan workouts that include appropriate technique, stroke development, team spirit, and team building, etc.
- Routinely evaluate programs, along with staff, and make changes to ensure high quality and meaningful service to swim team members.
- Develop a seasonal plan to train all competing swim team members to compete at their optimal abilities.
- .Attending all swim meets
- Communicate with the Board/owner on a regular basis.
- Work with the owner/coaches to communicate policies and programs to families and participants to promote participation and establish relationships that extend beyond a single swim team season.
- Work with swimmers on their goals from the start of the season to the last event of the season.
- Select swim meets in collaboration with the board and assistant coaches for each season based on your seasonal plan.
- Select events for swimmers based on their abilities and their goals as necessary.
- Maintain working relationships with other swim teams.
Staffing and Supervision:
- Head Coach will be an employed by Flagler FLuid Swim Team, LLC
- Head Coach will work with the Owner/Coaches to recruit, train, and evaluate coaching staff.
- Head Coach will supervise team coaches, and work with Board and assistant coaches to set and maintain meet and practice schedules.
- Organize and communicate with Assistant Coaches for a cohesive swim program including the seasonal plan.
Facility and Equipment:
- Maintain high safety standards in the pool area.
- Ensure safe and correct use of venue facilities and equipment and maintain them properly
- Maintain inventory and request swim team gear as needed and ensure that gear is properly secured and stored.
Required Instructor/Coaching Certification:
- Current certification as an USA Swim Team Coach
- Must pass USA Swimming background check
- All required certifications for USA Swimming Certification and stay current within those requirements
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience working with youth
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- 2+ years swim coaching experience
- Leadership of a coaching group
Salary/hourly negotiable , pending number of kids, set compensation for meets, practice, and administrative duties. Approximately 25 hours a week on deck and up to 5-10 hours administrative work per week. Benefits are not included.
Contact: [email protected]
Date posted: September 28, 2022
Location: 7222 Bluebonnet Boulevard, Baton Rouge, LA, USA
with Crawfish Aquatics
Crawfish Aquatics is seeking a passionate coach to work with one or two different senior level training groups. We are looking for a Coach who works well with others, has strong communication and customer service skills, who is dedicated in developing each athlete into successful swimmers and a bonus would be, has long term career aspirations in coaching.
Must have a knowledge of competitive swimming and be willing to communicate well with other coaches, parents, and swimmers. Will need to have or obtain a USA swimming Coaches certification which includes Athlete Protection Training, CPR/Safety Training Course, USA Swimming Background check, and Foundations of Coaching Course/test.
Hours & Location
Crawfish Aquatics is looking for a candidate that is available to start immediately or at the latest November 28, 2022. Practices will be held between 3:45pm and 7:45pm Monday through Thursday, Friday from 4pm-6pm and Saturday mornings varied times. All will be held at our site in Baton Rouge, LA.
Additional regular staff meetings, and education opportunities are associated with this position. Weekend competitions will be held monthly, including both locally hosted and state competitions. Other duties, responsibilities and opportunities will be available based on performance and club need.
Date posted: September 26, 2022
Location: 211 East 23rd Street, Sterling, IL, USA
with Sterling Stingrays Swim Club
The Stingrays Swim Team Director/Head Coach is responsible for providing leadership and supervision of the District’s Stingrays Swim Club, aquatic programs and any other assigned programs, activities and areas as well as assists the Duis Center Manager with facility operations.
The Stingrays Team Director/Head Coach is responsible for performing the essential functions as outlined in this job description. The Stingrays Team Director/Head Coach is a full-time/exempt employee who may work in excess of fifty (50) hours per week. Work pace varies depending on the task required. The position requires the ability to work in the hard level (100 lbs. or less).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS-STINGRAYS TEAM DIRECTOR/HEAD COACH
Responsible for the day-to-day direction, hands on guidance and involvement in all aspects of the Stingrays Swim Club, including working with swimmers, parents, coaching staff; collecting registration/meet fees; and the merchandizing/administration of team gear.
Responsible for effectively coaching one or more age group levels as well as setting a strong, positive, enthusiastic, and highly energetic tone for all age groups.
Oversees and manages the process of meet selection, meet entries, scheduling and coordinating of home and away meets.
Responsible for the recruiting, supervising, evaluating and managing the performance and professional development of all Assistant Coaches.
Develops and implements the latest and most effective training plans for stroke technique, training, dryland progressions and taper strategies for a wide range of swimmer ages and abilities.
Provides active involvement in the recruitment, development and the progression of swimmers in all age groups that will both maintain and grow team membership.
Works with all swimmers and parents in determining appropriate goals; and, fosters in swimmers, important attitudes and skills such as discipline, goal setting, time management and healthy habits that will benefit them throughout life.
Regularly communicates with swimmers and families through a variety of channels and methods, including but not limited to regular swimmer and parent meetings, newsletters, emails, SPD/SSSC websites, etc.
Responsible in securing team and meet sponsors as well as the coordination of all team fundraisers.
At least 21 years of age
Certified or ability to become certified in CPR/AED, First Aid and Coach’s Training
Certified USA Swim Coach
A valid Illinois State Driver’s License (Class D).
Organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
Ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships with other employees.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and TeamUnify. Ability to learn the District’s registration software, ActiveNet.
Desire to contribute to the long-term success of the Duis Recreation Center, Stingrays Swim Club and assigned other programs and activities.
Desire to live in a vibrant, small town, family friendly community of 26,000 residents.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Four-Year College degree, with previous age group swimming and /or coaching experience preferred.
Certified USA Swim Coach
Minimum first year compensation of $38,000-$40,000 with a possible higher starting wage based upon qualifications and experience. In addition, a health insurance stipend; dental insurance; retirement plan; and paid vacations, personal days, holidays and sick days are also included in the benefit package. Additional incentive base compensation may be considered/negotiated at time of hire.
Date posted: September 26, 2022
Location: 200 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA, USA
with The Bay Club Company
Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, the Assistant Head Swim Team Coach is responsible for managing and coaching the year round USA swim team, coaching upper level athletes, providing oversight to all the swim teams and stroke schools; maintaining a safe and effective learning environment while focusing on the fulfillment of clients’ swimming goals; achieving personal revenue goals; and providing the best customer service and hospitality to members and guests.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide coaching for year round USA swim team and oversight to all the swim teams and stroke schools
- Present on deck during all team practices
- Coaches upper level athletes and provides specific and corrective feedback to each athlete at each session
- Design and deliver effective, consistent, and rewarding sessions and workouts
- Integrate new swimmers into swim team and stroke school programs
- Provide feedback to help parents decide which program is best for their child and client retention
- Maintain accurate, current records on all clients’ progress
- Follow swim school progression guidelines
- Conduct regular staff meeting with other coaches
- Enforce all pool rules and aquatics center and club policies
- Plan, organize and run swim meets, including submitting entries in a timely manner
- Maintain a consistent work schedule; arrive punctually for sessions
- Provide excellent communication with the parents of swimmers as well as all members and staff
- Track attendance of client’s sessions
- Accurately enter and maintain consistent timely records in the required systems for hours worked and sessions
- Actively participate in events, programs meetings and trainings
- Assist in the maintenance and cleanliness of the aquatics center
- Represent the club in a professional manner through image, dress, communication, and immediate follow through and response
- May submit billing and accounting for swimmers and program participants
- Order and distribute uniforms and required gear for staff
- Assist with special club projects, events and promotions
Corporate Goals & Objectives
- Promote the company’s safety goals and actively work towards ensuring a safe working environment.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Actively further corporate objectives and continuously support improvement and positive change, which includes participating on corporate designated committees to improve the company and business operations.
- Make professional development a consistent priority.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, & EDUCATION
- Current Lifeguard/CPR/AED/First Aid – for adult, infant, toddlers
- Current USA Swim Coach Certified
- Understand the current best practices in learn-to-swim skills, competitive swim techniques and childhood development
- Experience teaching Swim Lessons for all ages
- Experience in Competitive Swimming as a participant or a coach
- ASCA II preferred
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, and sales techniques.
- Problem Anticipation/ Deductive Reasoning — Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and then apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems and considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Oral Comprehension and Expression —Ability to understand and communicate so others can understand ideas and information.
- Computer – Ability to develop and maintain computer records in Word, Excel and other software required by TBCC.
- Demonstrated ability to support and develop diverse environment.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in personnel supervision, training, and evaluation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as WORD, EXCEL, and OUTLOOK are essential.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is typically performed outdoors in varying and occasionally extreme (hot) weather conditions
- Ability to arrive at work on time for all scheduled work shifts required. Ability to work weekends, evenings, and holidays required
- It is necessary to adapt to a frequently changing environment
- Position requires daily public contact
- It is sometimes necessary to deal with unpleasant or angry people with the need to problem solve difficult situations
- It is necessary to adapt to a frequently changing environment
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms
- Frequently required to climb or balance and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Must occasionally sit for extended periods and regularly walk around the facility
- Must occasionally talk and hear
- Must frequently move 10 pounds and in the event of an emergency lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required but this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- It is necessary for the position to travel independently to swim meet locations or Clubs on a regular basis
JOB DESCRIPTION REVISION
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change. This job description replaces all previous descriptions for this position.
Date posted: September 26, 2022
Location: Cairo, Egypt
with ONEflow Aquatics - Egypt
Head Coach for Age Groups and Senior teams and Program Director for SwimAmerica Program
In 2022 ONEflow Aquatics (OFA) will be a service provider at a prominent location in Cairo where we will develop and start an Aquatics Program ranging from Learn-to-swim to Elite team. With our exclusive SwimAmerica license for the whole country of Egypt, OFA will be able to offer a certified and high quality program to all of its users.
Who are you?
- Capable of teaching, coaching and forming a new competitive team coming up from our Swim America program running at the club (Novice team) and coaching the age groups team and senior team
- Capable to create and follow a short- and longterm plan for our Aquatic Center.
- Capable of managing staff for the team (instructors, coaches, assistant coaches, administrative assistants, etc.) to follow the strategy of the academy.
- Desirable skills include:
• experience with managing and/or coaching multicultural teams
• familiarity with SwimAmerica
What will you be doing?
- Have full responsibility over the Aquatics Program
- Cooperate in the development of OFA x SwimAmerica marketing plan and implement it
- Operate and manage SwimAmerica program and supervise all operations
- Control and manage all staf (instructors and coaches) of the Aquatic programs
- Liaise with all Aquatics staff on all matters
What do we offer?
- Working in an succes oriented environment which is dedicated to bring out the best
- Base salary of USD 3,500 / month** (Financial bonus based on the succes of the Aquatics program: commission rate will be agreed as per contract)
- Fully-furnished apartment will be provided by OFA
- Cost coverage to fly home once a year in Economy class
A full digital information pack will be provided to interested applicants upon receiving their resume.
Date posted: September 23, 2022
Location: 15506 State Highway 71, Bee Cave, TX, USA
with Nitro Swimming
I wish it were under different circumstances that we were looking to fill a coaching slot, but sadly the swimming world, and in particular the Kids and Coaches of Nitro lost a great Coach who more importantly was our friend. Steve Wolleben was in his 13th year with us, and he passed away unexpectedly at his home. I’ve received literally over a hundred emails from families, swimmers, and former swimmers with stories of how Steve positively impacted their lives. He was one of a kind and is sorely missed.
But Steve would have wanted nothing more than seeing the show continue. And for that reason I’m posting here looking for Nitro’s next great Age Group Coach to join one of the hardest working and fun-loving staffs anywhere.
I know it’s a weird time of the season being the end of September already, but maybe this ad is catching you at just the right time…who knows? It’s a great opportunity…
Our full-time Nitro salaried Coaches receive Humana health/vision/dental. PTO, 401K with matching %, rolling days off (a paid day off the deck the week following any meet that required Sunday deck time), and more.
We have 01 USA Coaches on staff currently. Of those, 17 are full time salaried. Average tenure is 7+ years.
We have our eyes set on the future.
This will be a FULL TIME salaried position which will include all that is mentioned above.
You’ll have the opportunity to coach alongside a TEAM of Professionals who LOVE what we do. It’s tough to have a bad day of coaching when everyone around you is bringing their “A” game. Hard to describe what it’s like without seeing it with your own eyes.
Our mission is simple, but not easy: Visible Improvement. Delivered with Passion and Joy. Every Day.
Nitro is Coach owned with two locations currently, each with an indoor, full Olympic sized 50 meter pool with overflow gutters.
We’re under construction for our 3rd indoor 50 meter facility which will be in Kyle, TX. It will be 40,000 sq ft of awesomeness. We anticipate opening those doors (and lanes) spring/summer ’23.
We will be hiring for our new location in a few months. But the immediate opportunity is at our Bee Cave site.
If you believe you have what it takes to bring 100% every practice, every day, to the kids in front of you; you’re a natural leader who leads by example; who the kids will follow to the ends of the earth; perhaps looking for a place to grow and shine…I’d love to hear from you.
Date posted: September 23, 2022
Location: 200 Cummings Center, Beverly, MA, USA
with YMCA of the North Shore
Are you an experienced manager with the ability to lead and inspire a team? Are you interested in utilizing your experience to ensure the safety and well-being of others by providing access to important programs and services in the community? This may be the opportunity for you?
As the Aquatics Director at the Cape Ann YMCA you will help support our community and members by ensuring the safe operating and robust programming of our Aquatics center. The Aquatics Director is responsible for all aspects of the instructional and recreational aquatics overseeing two indoor pools, and one outdoor seasonal pool. The Cape Ann YMCA provides swim lessons to youth weekly, offers aqua activities for all ages, and is host to local Swim Teams and regular rentals. Key responsibilities of this role include recruiting, retaining, and transitioning swimmers of all ages and abilities through the programs, and working collaboratively with the competitive team to achieve a successful conversion rate of instructional swimmers to the competitive program. Through strong leadership, efficient planning, high-quality engagement, and direct service, the Aquatics Director manages staff, provides guidance on the technical and physical skills of swimming, creates a fun environment that develops long-lasting relationships, a sense of achievement and belonging, while fostering a lifelong love of swimming. The incumbent in this role will enjoy connecting with participants and visitors of all ages, have the ability to carry out Aquatics initiatives that meet the goals of the organization, and have a strong skillset in planning and leading others.
To thrive in this role you must have a background of progressive aquatics experience leading to the oversight and management of multiple team members, previous experience maintaining the functions of an aquatics center, and the ability to successfully prioritize and respond to a variety of tasks including the emergency response to members of visitors in the pool. You must have the ability to engage and direct others as well as provide instructions and assessments to staff and members in the pool.
In addition to quality work environment our YMCA offers competitive salaries, benefits and professional development opportunities including;
Paid training and development
Advancement and growth opportunities within our seven YMCA locations.
Free YMCA membership and employee discounts on programs.
Health and dental insurance for full time employees.
2 weeks paid vacation in addition to generous paid sick and personal time for full time staff.
Retirement fund with 8% company contribution (once vested/no match required).
Employer funded life insurance.
- Current certifications in Lifeguard/Swim Instructor, Pro CPR, First Aid and Oxygen, or willing to obtain
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency of swim skills in accordance with YMCA standards and have a strong foundation in stroke mechanics
- A Minimum of 3-5 years progressive leadership and oversight of an aquatics center
For further assistance you may contact the HR department at 978-564-3075.
The YMCA is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, protected genetic information, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran’s status.