with Brookings Swim Club
The Brookings Swim Club (BSC), a USA Swimming club in Brookings, SD, is seeking an inspiring full time or part time Head Coach with excellent leadership, technical expertise, communication and team building skills to coach and mentor our year-round team of approximately 75 athletes. We have consistently had swimmers attending Junior Nationals, Sectionals, Zones and going on to compete at the collegiate level. Because South Dakota does not have swimming as a sanctioned high school sport, our athletes swim with the Club year-round; therefore this position offers a unique opportunity to develop a program that will maximize excellence and allow strong and continuous coach/team bonding.
Brookings is the 4th largest city in South Dakota (24,000+ population) and is the home of South Dakota State University. It is a vibrant, growing community with an excellent school system and a safe, friendly and progressive environment. It is located less than an hour drive from the Sioux Falls metropolitan area (250,000+ population).
- Coach senior and junior groups and oversee other groups. This includes, but is not limited to, developing a swim program that is technically, age and developmentally appropriate.
- Supervise, mentor and evaluate assistant coaches, including preparation of daily and seasonal workouts, skill sets, group practices.
- Support the team’s mission, vision and core values by providing leadership and team management in a professional manner. Ensure that all team operations are completed in a timely and organized manner.
- Attend swim meets throughout the winter and summer seasons.
- Attend and participate in Board meetings as a non-voting member.
- Lead swimmer recruitment/retention efforts.
- Foster solid relationships with athletes and families.
- Meet all USA Swimming coaching requirements
- At least 2 years of swim coaching experience and 1 year of management/administrative experience
- Must be a US citizen or currently eligible to work in the US
- Provide a positive and challenging environment in which swimmers of all abilities may improve their skills
- Ability to incorporate fun in the training program to enhance and foster the team experience
- ASCA level 2 certification or higher
- Previous experience as head coach
- Experience as a competitive swimmer
- 4 year college degree
Salary and Application Requirements
BSC offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, coaching philosophy statement, resume and contact information for 3 professional references.
This position is available as of August 14, 2018 and will remain open until filled.
with San Francisco Tsunami Aquatics
The Swim Coach position is a part-time, independent contractor position. The position will require a minimum of 1.5 hours of paid, on-deck time each week. The Swim Coach reports to and takes direction from the team’s Head Coach, who reports to the team’s Board of Directors.
We are looking for coaches available for: Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday mornings (6:45am-8:15am) and a minimum of one Saturday a quarter from approximately 8:00am-10:00am.
- Regularly coach a weekly workout:
- Available to regularly coach one weekly 90 minute workout in San Francisco.
- Available to coach occasional 60 or 120 minute workouts on Saturday mornings (typically once per quarter).
- As a member of the team’s roster of coaches, fill in for other coaches, as schedule permits
- Enhance swimmer skills:
- Engage swimmers in the published weekly training plan objectives
- Communicate weekly team announcements on the pool deck
- Recognize that members join for variety of reasons, and engaging the training plan accordingly
- Differentiate workouts for swimmers of varied ability across several lanes
- Stay current with and communicating changes in conditioning and stroke techniques
- Provide constructive feedback to swimmers throughout the lanes and over the course of the workout
- Have fun! Tsunami is above all else, an amazing group of people who love to swim
- Be an active member of the Tsunami community in and out of the pool:
- Observe team culture through various events and activities (i.e. swim competitions, social events, etc.)
- Provide encouragement to swimmers to attend IGLA, Gay Games, and other focus meets from deck
- Provide encouragement to swimmers to attend social events and fundraiser from deck
- Coach at the team’s focus meets, as schedule permits (compensated)
- Attend social events and fundraisers, as schedule permits (uncompensated)
- Cultivate professional relationships with internal and external constituencies:
- Collaborate with Head Coach and other coaches as necessary
- Maintain good rapport and communication with pool staff
- Willingness to be an ambassador for Tsunami Aquatics in the community
- Knowledge of USMS rules, events, and policies
- CPR/First Aid/AED certification
- The ability to demonstrate leadership to swimmers
- In-depth knowledge of swimming stroke techniques, starts, turns
- Strong communication skills and teaching ability
- Experience working with swimmers at various levels of ability
- Personal experience swimming on an age-group club, high school or college team, and/or USMS team
- Enthusiasm and an open mind
Tsunami Aquatics is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related) or conditions Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions (ARC). Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
with Dan McKinney YMCA
The Dan McKinney YMCA is in search of an upbeat, enthusiastic self-starter for their Aquatics Director position. The newly renovated Dan McKinney YMCA is a state of the-art-facility that overlooks the Jewel of La Jolla and the Pacific Ocean. The Aquatic Center consists of a recreational pool, lap pool, spa and splash pad and is a beacon in the community.
The Aquatics Director oversees and provides leadership to the Aquatics Program. The Aquatics Director is responsible for the development, administration, implementation and ongoing evaluation of all related programs. Individuals selected for this position will receive the benefit of a free family membership and have a great opportunity to be a part of an organization that positively impacts the lives of others!
What an Aquatics Director Does…
- Develops and implements a comprehensive Aquatics program for the YMCA.
- Manages all functions of the Aquatics Department including, but not limited to, aquatic safety, swim lessons, lifeguarding, and swim team and specialty classes
- Assesses program success and assists in the development and implementation of new programs
- Performs audits of pool systems and equipment to include, ensuring water quality meets state codes and local regulations, managing pool maintenance by ensuring aquatic staff monitor and maintain the proper chemical balance.
- Is responsible for the development, control, and monitoring of Aquatics Department budgets, and ensures all budgets meet year-end outcomes.
- Plans, conducts, and documents monthly staff meetings, focusing on safety, review of established policies and procedures, and customer service
- Serves as the Manager-on-duty when necessary, and assists in the maintenance of clean, attractive, safe, and well-maintained facilities.
What We Look for in an Aquatics Director…
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 21 year of age with at least three years aquatic supervisory experience required.
- Must have or be able to obtain Certified Pool Operation (CPO) certification within 60 days of hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong organizational abilities; self-starter with initiative to work independently and with minimum supervision.
- Must have current certifications in First Aid for Public Safety Personnel (Title 22), CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, Oxygen Administration. Current Lifeguard Certification (YMCA of the USA or Red Cross). Current YMCA of the USA Swim Lesson Instructor Certification or Red Cross Water Safety instructor (YMCA certification within 6 months)
- Must have the visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation; ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations, and apply appropriate policies and procedures; the physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform related physical skills.
- Proven supervisory skills in hiring, training, evaluating, and motivating staff and volunteers, as well as developing an effective staff team.
- Professional demeanor, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work well with the public, staff and volunteers.
- Proven fiscal management skills, knowledge of and expertise in aquatics programming.
with Millsaps College Swimming
Millsaps College, a selective, residential liberal arts college that competes at the NCAA Division III level and is in the Southern Athletic Association, seeks qualified individuals for the open position of Millsaps College, a private, liberal arts NCAA DIII institution, located in Jackson, MS, seeks applications for an Assistant Men’s/Women Swim Coach.
This is a full-time, entry level staff position in the Department of Athletics. Millsaps College is seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of assistant swim coach. This is a full time, 10-month position including a stipend along with housing and meals, and will begin August 2018.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Coach include, but are not limited to: design and execution of daily training sessions, assist in development of team tactics and meet analysis, assist in national recruitment of qualified student athletes, organizing team travel arrangements, maintaining team’s social media presence, closely monitoring student-athlete academic needs, assist in any administrative duties as assigned, Prior playing and coaching experience preferred.
Millsaps College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Millsaps College to offer equal educational and employment opportunities to all persons without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Interested persons should apply electronically to Director of Athletics Donnie Brooks at [email protected]
Please include a cover letter, resume, statement of coaching philosophy and a list of three professional references. The review of applications will take place immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Reporting Line: The Assistant Swim Coach reports to the Head Swim Coach
Minimum Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree is required Coaching and Recruiting experience Comprehension of NCAA guidelines
with Denver Swim Academy
with RACE Aquatics Swim Club
HEAD SWIM COACH
RACE Aquatics is seeking a qualified applicant for a full-time salaried Head Coach for USA Swimming Club Team and High School programs. RACE is a USA Swim Club founded in 2007 and is part of Kentucky Swimming LSC. RACE is a 501c3 non-profit organization overseen by an elected Board of Directors.
RACE Aquatics currently has over 120 swimmers throughout the year and offers 8 different training levels. RACE operates a year-round program out of a new 8 lane 25-yard pool and has access to a 50-meter facility for summer long course season. The ideal candidate would be able to start on or before October 1, 2018.
Bowling Green, Kentucky is located approximately an hour north of Nashville, Tennessee and less than two hours south of Louisville, Kentucky.
Job Responsibilities Include:
•Serve as primary on-deck coach of senior level training groups and high school programs.
•Develop seasonal training plans for individuals and groups.
•Hire (with board approval), manage and support assistant coaching staff including
-Manage staffing as approved through budget
-Coordinate stroke and training principles throughout all levels
-Oversee group placement and group advancement of athletes
-Serve as on-deck coach of lower level training groups as needed
-Work cooperatively with the Board of Directors as an Ex-officio member to
◦Develop and Administer the team budget
◦Create and execute a shared vision for RACE growth and success
◦Communicate professionally and regular with coaches, athletes, and parents
•Manage Swim Lesson program
•Prefer 5 yrs. + experience as a Head Coach
•ASCA Certified, Level 3 preferred
•Experience leading and mentoring assistant coaching staff
•All certifications current and in good standing with USA Swimming
•Strong coaching acumen, including solid knowledge of stoke technique and training physiology
• Experience in writing and implementing weight training and dryland programs
•Proven success coaching, motivating and inspiring swimmers at all levels
•Bachelor’s degree preferred
•Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
•Clear, cooperative and tactful communication style
•Strong personal values including honesty, respect and integrity
•Passion and enthusiasm for competitive swimming and youth mentoring
•Personal desire to succeed professionally and advance the team as a whole
•Experience with HyTek and Team Unify
•Legal authority to work in the United States and able to pass background checks. RACE offers a competitive compensation package.
•RACE Aquatics is an equal opportunity employer.
• Salary range is $35,000-50,000 depending on experience and benefits
To apply: Please email cover letter, resume and three professional references to Chuck Wolfram at [email protected]
with Unified Aquatics Club
Unified Aquatics Club is looking for an assistant age-group coach who will be working with our Short-Course swimmers September-March. This coach will be working in the evenings Monday – Thursday and Sunday afternoon.
UAC also has about one meet per month in which the coach would need to be available. USA Swimming certification will be paid for by the club.
Previous experience working with children in an instructional and/or athletic setting. Excellent communication skills required and someone that likes to work with swimmers between the ages of 8-12.
with YMCA of Central Florida (YCF)
The YMCA of Central Florida (YCF) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Head Age Group Coach. This will be a leadership role within our six county, multi-site age group swim program. This position reports directly to the Director of Competitive Swimming and will be primarily located at the Rosen YMCA Aquatic Center in Orlando, Florida.
-Work with Director of Competitive Swimming to design quadrennial and seasonal plans for Age Group and Developmental programs.
-Assist with planning meet schedules and practice schedules.
-Demonstrate strong and reliable communication skills to parents and swimmers, including, but not limited to, meet deadlines and information meetings.
-Demonstrate professional and courteous communication skills when interacting with parents, coaches and facility staff members.
-Responsible for effectively assessing swimmers and communicating group moves.
-Mentor and manage all lead and assistant age group coaches.
-Work with Director of Competitive Swimming to conduct bi-monthly age group staff meetings.
-Schedule and perform all annual evaluations for age group staff.
-Maintain daily office hours in addition to coaching responsibilities.
-Must maintain all appropriate certifications.
-Help plan, develop and implement programs to market program into the community.
-Help maintain team records and prepare monthly reports regarding practice attendance, etc.
-Responsible for meet entry deadlines, posting meet information, and all age group entries.
-Four-year college degree
-Eight to ten years coaching experience with at least five years in a leadership role
-Have experience in dryland training for long-term athletic development
-Have a working knowledge of Hy-Tek software
-Must be current in all requirements to be a USA Swimming member coach.
-Must possess integrity, strong communication skills, and a passion to coach swimmers in a process first manner.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the Y of Central Florida provides an excellent working environment and great benefits, including:
- Affordable and quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options).
- Short Term and Long Term Disability provided at no cost to the employee.
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- Complementary YMCA membership for employee and household.
- Generous paid time off package.
- Career enrichment and advancement opportunities with an innovative and growing organization. The YMCA is one of the nation’s most valuable and recognized nonprofit brands.
- A challenging, fun and cause-driven work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals.
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
For more information about the Y of Central Florida please visit us at ymcacf.org.
with Culver City Swim Club
A community based swim club with a very substantial novice program and a small size competitive group (approximately 50 competitive age group swimmers).
Location: Culver City, California
Culver City Swim Club is looking for an assistant coach (for age group) with USA Swimming certification for a competitive program. This position has growth potential. This person will have a passionate desire to teach technique and to motivate swimmers to reach their full potential.
CCSC is looking for an individual who works well with others, is passionate about swimming, can work in a collaborative setting with others, and has strong communication and people skills.
This individual will be dedicated to working with children who have the love of swimming. He/She will help them with the fundamental skills necessary for success and readiness for lifelong swimming.
Start Date: 8/20/18
with Upper Main Line YMCA
The Upper Main Line YMCA (UMLY) swim team is seeking an experienced part-time lead coach for our 9-12 year-old age groups. The candidate will play an integral role in our team, which is nationally ranked in YMCA swimming and a USA Swimming Bronze Level team. The successful candidate will oversee the training and development of our age groups 2 and 3. This person will be responsible for some administrative duties in addition to leading 2-3 part-time assistant coaches. Hours will vary.
• A minimum of at least 3 years of age-group coaching experience.
• ASCA level 3 certification or equivalent is preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree is also preferred.
• The successful candidate should also possess strong leadership, communication, organization skills
• The candidate must be able to adhere to the YMCA vision/core values.
Salary is commensurate with experience; YMCA membership; paid YMCA/USA Swimming certifications; and reimbursements for meet expenses. Continuing education opportunities exist. The desired start date is as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Interested candidates can contact Head Swim Coach Lou Petto at [email protected]
with Florida State University
Job ID: 44012
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Department: Department of Athletics – Swimming
Assists the Head Swimming Coach with personnel including hiring and supervision of staff, undergraduate/graduate assistants, and volunteers and their responsibilities, budgeting, scheduling, travel, meals, recruiting, coaching, scouting, purchase and care of equipment, giving appropriate direction to student-athletes as it relates to academics, while adhering to all ACC, NCAA, Athletics Department and University rules and regulations. In keeping with the University policy for equal opportunity and pluralism, the coach will provide a climate and culture that brings together and promotes through education, for all individuals regardless of their background, race, origin, gender, culture, religion, beliefs or physical or mental abilities.
Assists the Head Swimming Coach in implementing policies and guidelines for all swimming personnel and student-athletes. Design academic guidelines for student-athletes within the framework of NCAA, ACC, Athletics Department, and University rules and regulations.
Assists the Head Swimming Coach in determining the scope and purpose of the swimming program. Assists with establishing and implementing recruiting, academic, athletic, and community service policies for student-athletes. Assists with the swimming summer camp. Maintains current skills and techniques in coaching, recruiting, training, and general management of a Division I-A intercollegiate sport program while adhering to Athletics Department, university, ACC, and NCAA rules and regulations.
Assists the Head Swimming Coach in the direct supervision of all student-athletes that participate in the swimming program. Provides leadership and instruction in a student-athlete’s personal and athletic development, to include counseling in academic, disciplinary, and personal matters, when appropriate. Assists the Head Swimming Coach in supervising support staff to include paid, volunteer, undergraduate, and graduate assistants to ensure their compliance with applicable Athletics Department, University, ACC NCAA rules, policies and procedures. Provides training and guidance as appropriate.
Internal business contact for this position may include contact with sports information, facilities marketing, Seminole Boosters, game operations, academics, sports medicine, equipment, student services, and compliance staffs. Public contact for this position may include public speaking to various booster groups, alumni, university and community members, media, and recruits and their families.
A Bachelor’s degree and one year coaching experience at the high school level or above. Successful experience as a graduate assistant or intern in an athletic program is acceptable for up to one year of experience. Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations. Experience coaching swimming and diving.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
Tobacco Free Campus
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer. FSU’s Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
CYPRESS FAIRBANKS SWIM CLUB FULL-TIME AND PART TIME COACHING POSITIONS – SEEKING HEAD SITE COACHES AND AN ASSISTANT COACH
with CYPRESS FAIRBANKS SWIM CLUB (Fleet)
Cypress Fairbanks Swim Club (CFSC), located in NW Houston, is expanding into a new location and filling a current location position. We are looking to bring on a Head Site Coach to lead our new location, primarily working with swimmers between the ages of 8 and 14. We are also looking to fill a second Head Site Coach position at one of our current locations, primarily working with swimmers between the ages of 8 and 15, along with an additional part-time assistant coach position. Currently we’re seeking one full-time Head Site Coach, a second Head Site Coach, which is slated as a part-time position, but may evolve into a full-time position based on site enrollment, and a part-time assistant coach.
At least four years coaching experience, preferably at the age-group level (ages 8-14);
Working knowledge of TeamUnify;
Excellent time management skills;
Excellent customer service and decision-making skills;
Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
Full-Time Compensation and Benefits: Competitive salary, excellent medical insurance, retirement, vacation, paid professional certifications and training, travel, and outfitting. Also, there are additional opportunities for compensation through private lessons, clinics, and camps.
with Whiteland Community HS & potential club team
Whiteland Community High School is seeking a head swim coach (boys & girls) for the upcoming school year. Other expected duties will include developing a feeder system that includes a youth swimming club, swim lessons, and working with the middle school team. This position will also include becoming our pool director to organize pool activities, work with maintenance department on care, and schedule pool usage and life guards.
Ideal Candidate will have the following:
Previous high school coaching experience (preferred)
Swimming experience in college
Worked for or owned a swim club
Whiteland Community High School is located just 20 minutes south of Indianapolis is a progressive, growing, suburban school district. Previous coach has built our club and high school teams into a competitive group and we are looking to build on that foundation.
with Prime Aquatics
We are looking to hire an Age Group Coach that would lead, design and foster systematic growth in our 11-14 age group program (all skill levels) while working within the team’s mission, vision, and core values.
Essential Job Tasks Include:
- Abide by the USA swimming code of conduct, and PA policies and procedures
- Plan, prepare, and conduct the 11-14 age group swim and dry-land practices in accordance with the Head Coach
- Positively motivate athletes while developing athletes to the next level of swimming
- Attend meets assigned to work
Preferred Qualifications include:
The successful candidate will have all required USA swimming certifications and 3-5 years of coaching experience. The coach must be passionate about swimming, have outstanding knowledge of technique and training design, strong communication skills, willingness to work hard and achieve team/individual goals, and a vision to help PA grow and excel.
Based on level of experience
For more information please contact Head Coach Carl Jones @ [email protected]
About Prime Aquatics
Prime Aquatics has been around for 40+ years, also known as BLAST and BAC. PA is located in Maryville TN, at the base of the smoky mounts, 15 minutes outside of Knoxville. We have fostered some talented swimmers in the past including Olympian Claire Donahue. Our team has a rich history and is rebuilding after our home site was demolished in the spring of 2016 click here for more info.
Shortly after some families in our community pulled together to invest in a structured tent to place of a country club pool (8 x 25M facility). This investment saved the program, since then, the pool structure has been able to regain membership (+50 in two years) and advance swimmers back to the national stage. We have also been able to offer new programs to help the community get involved in swimming.