Location: 200 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA, USA
with The Bay Club Company
Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, the Assistant Swim Coach is responsible for managing and coaching the year round USA swim team, coaching upper level athletes, providing oversight to all the swim teams and stroke schools; maintaining a safe and effective learning environment while focusing on the fulfillment of clients’ swimming goals; achieving personal revenue goals; and providing the best customer service and hospitality to members and guests.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide coaching for year round USA swim team and oversight to all the swim teams and stroke schools
- Present on deck during all team practices and events
- Coaches upper level athletes and provides specific and corrective feedback to each athlete at each session
- Design and deliver effective, consistent, and rewarding sessions and workouts
- Integrate new swimmers into swim team, stroke school and lesson programs
- Provide feedback to help parents decide which program is best for their child and client retention
- Maintain accurate, current records on all clients’ progress
- Follow swim school progression guidelines
- Conduct regular staff meeting with other coaches
- Enforce all pool rules and aquatics center and club policies
- Plan, organize and run swim meets, including submitting entries in a timely manner
- Maintain a consistent work schedule; arrive punctually for sessions
- Provide excellent communication with the parents of swimmers as well as all members and staff
- Track attendance of client’s sessions
- Accurately enter and maintain consistent timely records in the required systems for hours worked and sessions
- Actively participate in events, programs meetings and training
- Assist in the maintenance and cleanliness of the aquatics center
- Represent the club in a professional manner through image, dress, communication, and immediate follow through and response
- May submit billing and accounting for swimmers and program participants
- Order and distribute uniforms and required gear for staff and athletes
- Assist with special club projects, events and promotions
Corporate Goals & Objectives
- Promote the company’s safety goals and actively work towards ensuring a safe working environment.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Actively further corporate objectives and continuously support improvement and positive change, which includes participating on corporate designated committees to improve the company and business operations.
- Make professional development a consistent priority.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, & EDUCATION
- Current Lifeguard/CPR/AED/First Aid – for adult, infant, toddlers
- Current USA Swim Coach Certified
- Understand the current best practices in learn-to-swim skills, competitive swim techniques and childhood development
- Experience teaching Swim Lessons for all ages
- Experience in Competitive Swimming as a participant or a coach
- ASCA III preferred
- Knowledge of Pool Maintenance/Certified Pool Operator preferred
- Ability to teach Lifeguarding/First Aid/AED/CPR preferred
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, and sales techniques.
- Problem Anticipation/ Deductive Reasoning — Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and then apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems and considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Oral Comprehension and Expression —Ability to understand and communicate so others can understand ideas and information.
- Computer – Ability to develop and maintain computer records in Word, Excel and other software required by TBCC.
- Demonstrated ability to support and develop diverse environment.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in personnel supervision, training, and evaluation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as WORD, EXCEL, and OUTLOOK are essential.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is typically performed outdoors in varying and occasionally extreme (hot) weather conditions
- Ability to arrive at work on time for all scheduled work shifts required. Ability to work weekends, evenings, and holidays required
- It is necessary to adapt to a frequently changing environment
- Position requires daily public contact
- It is sometimes necessary to deal with unpleasant or angry people with the need to problem solve difficult situations
- It is necessary to adapt to a frequently changing environment
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms
- Frequently required to climb or balance and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Must occasionally sit for extended periods and regularly walk around the facility
- Must occasionally talk and hear
- Must frequently move 10 pounds and in the event of an emergency lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required but this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- It is necessary for the position to travel independently to swim meet locations or Clubs on a regular basis
JOB DESCRIPTION REVISION
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change. This job description replaces all previous descriptions for this position.
Location: Ballarat VIC, Australia
with Ballarat Swimming Club
Ballarat Swimming Club is a swimming club in regional Victoria Australia with an extensive history. The club in currently undergoing a fast expansion phase and are now looking for an enthusiastic Junior/Assistant Coach to take on the leadership of our fast growing Junior program and also assist our head coach in all other elements of the club as required.
Duties/Roles will include:
– Planning and running Junior and Development Squad Programs
– Attending all four of the BSC Top 5 Swim Meets throughout the year. (largest regional Vic swim meet)
– Attend any other local/regional of state meets as required
– Manage communication with Junior swimmers and parents.
-Assist head coach with the performance squad program and strength and conditioning program as required.
– Minimum Bronze(Development) level coach
– 2 years coaching experience
– Current WWCC
– Current Level 2 First Aid
– Current CPR
The role will start with approx 10-15 hours per week – with room for growth as the program expands.
The candidate will be paid an hourly rate based on qualifications, and the contract will also include travel and competition payments and opportunities for professional development.
Location: 1919 Bascom Avenue, Ste 300, Campbell, CA 95008
with Spiraledge, Inc and SwimOutlet.com
Who we are
Spiraledge is a company founded on one essential principle: to help people live healthier lives through sports and fitness! As the parent company of fast growing e‐commerce sites SwimOutlet.com 🏊 & YogaOutlet.com 🙏🏼, Spiraledge Inc. has been recognized as a Gold‐Level Fit‐Friendly Worksite 🏆at its headquarters in Campbell, CA. Both SwimOutlet.com and YogaOutlet.com have been named an Internet Retailer Hot 100 Company. SwimOutlet.com received Apparel Magazine 2019 Top Innovator Award!
SwimOutlet.com is the largest online specialty store for aquatics in the United States and has the largest selection for swimming, fashion swim, beach and surf!
YogaOutlet.com is the fastest growing multi-branded online yoga retailer, offering a broad selection of yoga brands and yoga-inspired products to all levels of yogis and fitness enthusiasts.
Instagram Content Creator (Contract), SwimOutlet.com
Campbell, CA or Anywhere USA | SwimOutlet.com | Reports to VP, Marketing & PR
20-50 Hours Per Month
What you will do
- Assist with creative design, on-camera content, graphics and photo executions on SwimOutlet.com’s Instagram channel
- Create compelling content to increase engagement and Instagram followers
- Focus content for SwimOutlet.com’s Instagram stories with additional time as needed and available spent posting to the Instagram photo feed
- Create movie boards
- Animate texts and gifs
- Report to VP, Marketing & PR on hours, structure and editorial calendar with additional input from buyers, CMO and SwimOutlet.com Creative Director
Who you are
- You have basic graphic design background with ability to use source files to create graphic look and feel that complements existing SwimOutlet creative around sales promotions
- You are comfortable on camera to do fun on camera promotions or interviews with swimmers for Instagram Stories
- Experience in swimming and the swim community as either a former age group swimmer, fitness swimmer, Masters Swimmer, club swimmer, etc.
- Have some basic photo abilities and photo experience
Role Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a contract role. Hours may vary. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
We are a group of professionals and enthusiasts, inspired by our living healthy culture and our enthusiasm for our brands which creates a special place to be part of.
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
with Blue Dolphins Aquatics
Swim Coach/Instructors Needed!
All positions are part time. Instructors would be teaching private, semi-private, and family lessons primarily, with some basic admin duties (emailing parents, etc.) along with it.
We are looking for candidates with a high level of professionalism, responsibility, and responsiveness. Being able to communicate well with parents, kids, and staff is a must.
Location: 11200 Southeast 6th Street, Bellevue, WA, USA
with Bellevue Club
Come join our team at the Bellevue Club/Hotel Bellevue, the eastside’s premier social, athletic, and hotel property!
The Bellevue Club Aquatics department is now hiring part-time Lifeguards shifts including one opener position.
- $500 hiring bonus after 90 days
- Paid Red Cross Lifeguard Certification after 90 days
- $13-18/hour DOE
- Full time and Part time positions available
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the safety of members and guests by enforcing rules and procedures of the Bellevue Club and educating members and guests about them.
- Recognize and respond quickly and effectively to all emergencies in the Aquatics area and around the club. Administer first aid and CPR as needed.
- Complete incident and accident reports as required.
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings and training programs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with employees and members.
- Respond to questions or situations in person or over the phone.
- Assist members with swim lesson registration as needed.
- Check pool and rescue equipment each shift and promptly report any issues.
- Set up and store equipment for open/lap swim and assist instructors with class set up.
- Work as a team with other Bellevue Club employees
Visit www.bellevueclub.com/employment to apply directly online.
Location: 320 Washington Street, Easton, North Easton, MA 02357, USA
with Stonehill College
|About Stonehill||Founded by the Congregation of Holy Cross in 1948, Stonehill is a private Catholic college located just 22 miles from downtown Boston on a beautiful 384-acre campus in Easton, Massachusetts. With a student to faculty ratio of 13:1, the College engages its 2,500+ students in 80+ rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts, sciences, and pre-professional fields.
Faithful to the Holy Cross tradition in education, Stonehill College is committed to developing the moral, spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social competencies of its students and seeks to build and sustain a campus community that embraces diversity and inclusion in its teaching, learning, living, and working. Stonehill values a diversity of persons, opinions, and cultural and religious perspectives. In fulfillment of its motto, Lux et Spes (“Light and Hope”), the College cultivates in its students the competence to think, act, and lead with courage towards creating a more just and compassionate world.
|Position Summary||Recruits prospective student-athletes, provides game-day coaching, and practice preparation, as well as operational duties within the Athletics Department.|
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities||The head coach is charged with several major duties in connection with his/her program, including the recruitment of prospective student-athletes, game-day coaching, and practice preparation, the maintenance of the program’s budget and the development and implementation of a strategic plan for Athletics. The head coach must also monitor all facets, both athletically and academically related, that any participating student-athletes are involved in while also developing a working relationship with all facets of the Department of Athletics, including the training staff, compliance officer, media relations staff, home events coordinator and all other individuals responsible for the day-to-day operation of the department. The head coach is responsible for overseeing any assistant coaches working directly with the program and must strictly adhere to all rules and regulations set forth by the College, the NCAA, the Northeast-10 Conference. The head coach may also be charged with other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.|
|Education and/or Experience||Successful candidate must have a bachelor’s degree and previous swim coaching experience.|
|Physical Demands||While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.|
|Work Environment||While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.|
|Licenses/Certifications||Driver’s License Required|
Location: 1207 Park Avenue West, Highland Park, IL, USA
with Park District of Highland Park
Summary: Under the direction of the Aquatics Supervisor, the Swim School Coordinator is responsible for the operations of the indoor pool swim lessons program, including summer camp swim lessons and Swim ’n Gym after camp program. Supervisory responsibilities include recruiting, training, and oversight of seasonal and part-time program staff.
Include, but not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for designing and overseeing a comprehensive swim school program and after camp program.
- Train, schedule, and assign duties to swim instructors.
- Provide swimming instruction.
- Maintain appropriate standard of safety for swim school program, after camp program, staff, and facility.
- Maintain and/or obtain appropriate certifications and CEU’s for self and staff.
- Responsible for overall indoor pool operations during swim lessons and after camp programs, including cleaning of pool deck, placing and removing lane lines, and organizing pool equipment.
- Assist with marketing for swim school and after camp programs.
- Evaluate and assess programs related to swim school and after camp programs.
- Conduct in-service and regular trainings for swim school instructors.
- Assist with hiring, training, and evaluation swim instructors.
- Maintain attendance, inventory, and program records for swim school and after camp programs.
- Assist the creation of the pool and aquatic staff schedule as it relates to swim school and after camp programs.
- Responsible for swim school and after camp program customer service, registration assistance, and customer inquiries.
- Perform all job tasks within the rules and guidelines of the District’s safety program.
- Assist in the set up and organization of the pool office.
- Coordinates with other members of the Recreation Center staff to provide special programming on special occasions.
- Follow and maintain a budget for the swim school and after camp programs with the Aquatics Supervisor.
- Work with the Aquatics team in a professional and constructive manner in the coordination and operation of the Recreation Center swimming pool.
- Other Park District-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent required; degree or coursework with an emphasis in Recreation or Aquatics from an accredited college preferred. At least two years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Related professional certification preferred.
American Red Cross CPR/AED certification, Valid driver’s license, American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification, Water Safety Instructor Certification is preferred.
Hiring Range: $18 – $20/hour DOQ
Classification: Part-Time, non-exempt
Schedule: Must be available for evenings and weekends. Hours and schedules may vary depending on seasonal workloads and needs.
Close Date: Open until filled
The Park District of Highland Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Ramsey Student Center, River Road, Athens, GA, USA
with University of Georgia Athletics
The University of Georgia is seeking a qualified candidate for the Volunteer Assistant Swimming & Diving Coach Position. This position will assist the Swimming & Diving program with the organizing, planning and coaching of the Swimming & Diving team.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior collegiate swimming experience preferably at the Division I level.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division I and SEC compliance and conference rules
- USA Swimming Coaching Certification
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work independently when needed, organized and willingness to embrace a new culture
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting coaching staff in daily operations
- On-deck coaching duties
- Filming/Video analysis
- Select administrative duties
- On-Campus Recruiting
Location: Davidson, NC, USA
with Davidson College
Davidson College invites applications for the position of Assistant Swimming Coach. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, preparing student athletes for competition; recruiting qualified students; brand building activities; scheduling; assisting with team travel; equipment management; and working with the head coach in directing all phases of a Division I program, including organizing and supervising all practices and meets. Davidson competes in the A-10 conference.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree; knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations; experience as a collegiate swimmer or swimming coach; possession of good interpersonal and communication skills, as well as strong organizational skills.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate effectiveness in coaching college level swimmers, good supervisory skills, and the ability to relate to students in a leadership role. Additionally, understanding of student athletes in a demanding academic environment and a commitment to the highest ideals of leadership, sportsmanship and academics are required.
Location: 65 High Street, Metuchen, NJ, USA
with YMCA of Metuchen, Edison, Woodbridge and South Amboy
POSITION: Director of Competitive Aquatics
Under the supervision of the Senior Aquatic Director, the Head Swim Team Coach will be responsible for the overall organization, management and daily operations of the swim team. He/she will work in tandem with the Senior Aquatic Director to establish policies in keeping with the YMCA mission and goals and will incorporate the character developments values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility into the team.
Minimum of age 21
5 years of coaching experience
Current CPR, First-Aid, Lifesaving, Oxygen certifications
Completion of coach’s safety training and YMCA Competitive Swim training
ASCA, level 3 certification or higher
Excellent communication skills
- Give leadership to the YMCA of MEWSA Swim Team, including developing and promoting the team across the association.
- Ensure all team members are coached using positive coaching and mentoring skills.
- Actively recruits participants and development meaningful, productive relationships with swimmers and families.
- Develops, manages, and supervises summer swim team at the Oakcrest summer facility.
- Ensure all all Senior and Assistant Coaches are utilizing the workouts as designed.
- Ensure all practices, meets and meetings are scheduled and articulated to swimmers, parents, staff and those with a need to know.
- Instill a culture of safety, ensuring all child abuse prevention policies as well as the Safe Sport Act requirements are strictly adhered to.
- In conjunction with the Senior Aquatic Director, recruit, train, manage and, evaluate staff and volunteers.
- Manage stroke development summer camp across the association
- Develops and delivers off season swim clinics to foster continued relationships with swimmers and families.
- Implement and continuously grow the Master Swim program.
- Create and implement specialized programs such as triathlon club, synchronized swimming, water polo, Special Olympics.
- Recruits dry-land coaches and ensures they are working in tandem with the Swim Team coaches and program.
- Onboarding and payroll for the competitive staff.
- Work in tandem with aquatic directors and the branch leadership.
- Design workouts for each level of swimmer using the YMCA of MEWSA Swim Team Software.
- Maintains a current team roster, ensuring all information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Maintain individual meet results on a timely basis.
- Attend all swim team functions and represent the team in a professional, positive manner.
- Ensure assistant coaches, team mangers, team members, and parents are acting in a professional, positive manner and quickly redirecting behavior that does not align with the mission and values of the MEWSA Swim Team.
- Clearly and accurately communicate any concerns with the Senior Aquatic Director or Branch Director of Operations.
- Prepare, promote and manage swim meets and volunteer leadership for all levels of swimmers during the indoor and outdoor seasons.
- Enhance the overall program with a combination of written and verbal communications that will keep swimmers and parents apprised of team activities and policies.
- Ensure the four core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility are delivered at all times.
- Maintain the upkeep, cleanliness and proper pool usage during the swim team program time.
- Work closely with the Swim Team Parents Association President and Swim Team Coordinator.
- Ensure there is a culture of a member and family friendly environment at all times.
PHYSICAL REQURIEMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Normal amounts of walking, standing, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, ability to tolerate aquatic area conditions of humidity, evening and weekend hours may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Location: 1 East Chestnut Street, West Chester, PA, USA
with YMCA of Greater Brandwine
Shifts/Availability: Varying shifts (days, nights, and weekends)
- Maintains active surveillance of the pool area.
- Knows, understands and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic areas.
- Acts professionally and responsibly when communicating with members, co-workers and the public.
- Consistently enforces all pool rules at all times with courtesy and fairness.
- Assists with maintaining a clean facility by following the down duties and other responsibilities while on rotation away from actively lifeguarding.
- Knows and reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies, procedures; completes related reports as required.
- At least 18 years of age or older
- Ellis Lifeguard Certification (Ellis Lifeguard Training course is available through the YMCA)
- Up to 4 hour of additional training required every month
Swim Instructor Responsibilities:
- Lead swim instruction to develop skills of all participants
- Assist in ensuring the safety and well-being of all participants
- Follow YMCA of Greater Brandywine Aquatic Class best practices:
- Be a positive YMCA role model with an enthusiastic attitude
- Classes will start and end on time
- Greet participants and learn their names
- Identify your participants’ limitations and adapt your classes and/or provide modifications accordingly
- Communicate positively and accurately with all the parents/guardians of participants
Swim Instructor Qualifications:
- Must be 15 years of age or older
- Swimming experience required, prior experience in competitive swimming and/or teaching swim lessons preferred
- Obtain and maintain YMCA YSL certification within 6 months of hire
- Demonstrated the ability to relate and positively interact with children and adults
- Be able to demonstrate the five main components of swimming – freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, sidestroke and butterfly
Location: 333 South Green Street, McHenry, IL, USA
with City of McHenry
Supervise and facilitate the McHenry Marlins Aquatics Swim Team for youth ages 6 – 18 years old. Nurture the development and swim mechanics in participants while providing a safe and controlled environment. Head coach is a liaison between the participants and program department in conveying information or program changes. Head coach dvelops training plans, supervises a swim group, and is present for all meets. They play an integral role in the development of building strong character values in youth. The staff at all times is a representative of the philosophy, mission, and goal of the City of McHenry and its parks and recreation department. Staff must strive to work cooperatively with the Athletics & Aquatics Supervisor and fellow employees to achieve the goals and objectives of the City of McHenry Parks & Recreation department. This position will be open until filled.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be an example of good moral behavior
- Must have previous experience and knowledge with a swim team
- Basic First Aid and CPR certification current or obtained as soon as possible
- Understanding and ability to operate Team Unify, Meet Manager, and Team Manager software
- Desire to work with children and parents on a daily basis
- Ability to swim and demonstrate the competitive strokes of front crawl, backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly
- Current lifeguard certification, USA swimming certification, and Red Cross Safety Training for Coaches or ability to obtain within first 3 – 6 months of employment
- At least 2 years’ experience with a competitive swim team in a volunteer, coach, or participant aspect
- Prefer one or more years of college in a related field (i.e. recreation, child development, sports management, physical education, etc.)
- Oversee the direction and development of swim team program and coaching staff
- Run the daily operations of swim team meets and practices
- Ability to handle and resolve conflicts between coaches, participants, parents, and spectators
- Initiate, develop, and maintain positive relationships with program participants and parents
- Developing work-outs that are age-appropriate focusing on technique, endurance, stroke development, etc.
- Developing a season training plan for the team
- Be responsible for maintaining order and discipline within program
- Market programs to other departments & community organizations where youth are present
- Attend regional and local trainings to expand swim team knowledge
- Create plan for adjusting swim groups and advancement of swimmers
- Keep program within budget through program development and participant retention
- Be prepared to discuss with a parent any experience a child has during program
- Supervise volunteers while they are working, assist other staff, and follow/enforce policies set forth by supervisor
This position works an average of 25-30 hours per week.
Wage: $18-$22 per hour depending on qualifications
The City of McHenry is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: 2102 W Monroe St, Chicago, IL, USA
with Boys & Girls Clubs of Chicago
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Chicago is seeking a well-organized and energetic professional for the role of Aquatics Manager. The Aquatics Manager will be responsible for the development, implementation and supervision of all aquatic program activities, aquatics staff and facilities at four Club sites. In addition, the Aquatics Manager will be responsible for the hiring and development of aquatic staff, including but not limited to, certifications, in-service trainings, and scheduling.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Develop, plan, organize and supervise all aquatics program activities to meet BGCC objectives. Establishes new program activities in accordance with strategic and operating plans;
- Develop all schedules and maintain communication of such with appropriate staff;
- Establish and maintain guidelines for staff in preparation of swim lesson plans;
- Recruits, trains, develops, schedules and directs aquatics staff as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals;
- Provide aquatics trainings, and ensures staff certifications and records are complete;
- Monitors daily pool operations at all clubs, adhering to all state, local and BGCC health and safety regulations;
- Develop and execute emergency procedures, skills and safety drills;
- Follow established procedures and execute sound judgment;
- Maintain aquatic department quality standards and exceptional image;
- Provides emergency lifesaving assistance, performs lifesaving CPR and First Aid in accordance with certified practices and procedures; contacts emergency medical assistance when needed.
- BS/BA Degree or a combination of education/work experience;
- Minimum 3 years aquatics and/or recreation management experience;
- Mandatory Water Safety Instruction Lifeguard, First Aid, CPR and AED Certifications;
- Certified Pool Operator License preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in pool operations and maintenance.
- Must be attentive to details, be able to work and meet deadlines;
- Must be able to take initiative in making decisions and solving problems and work independently with little supervision;
- Must have excellent human relation, written and oral communication skills;
- Display a personal commitment to aquatics program development and quality club member experience.
- Spend time both at the Club Support Center and at the Clubs
- Must have reliable, insured private transportation
- Must pass criminal background check
PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
Must be physically fit and able to participate in aquatics activities with youth. Must be able to participate in aquatics activities with many children in motion.
$55K – $60K plus comprehensive benefit package
Location: Asia Pacific International School, Hawaii Campus, Kamehameha Highway, Hauula, HI, USA
with Asia Pacific International School
Secondary School Head Swimming Coach for school in Hawaii
Asia Pacific International School in Hauula Hawaii is seeking a well-qualified Swim Coach to lead all middle and high school extracurricular swim programming. APIS Hawaii has a new 25-meter competition pool and approximately 12-15 swimmers. The Head Coach will:
- Run practices each afternoon with assistant coach support (approx 2-3 hours each afternoon)
- Coach during monthly USA Swim Meets
- Register student swimmers for competitions
- Assist in all other Swim programs as needed.
Candidates should have prior coaching experience. Being a USA Swimming Certified coach is preferable, but not necessary. School is offering competitive salary options.
Location: 715 Brooks Street, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
with City of Ann Arbor Parks and Recreation
As we look towards restructuring and building our swim program, the City of Ann Arbor Parks and Recreation Department is looking for a Head Swim Coach who is looking to leave their mark on our fast growing program.
Nature of Work: Coaches youth of varying abilities in competitive neighborhood swim team at Veteran’s Memorial Park, Buhr Park or Mack pool. Responsibilities include designing workouts, providing skill instruction, coordinating and ordering swimsuits and supplies, supervising and training assistant coaches, evaluating staff performance, supervising participation in local meets, and sponsoring home meets. Additional responsibilities require budget oversight, frequent communication with parents and continued program evaluation. In addition to the regular swim season, this position may require the planning and implementation of swim clinics and other additional skill development opportunities.
Required Qualifications: Must be a minimum of 18 years of age with at least 3 years competitive coaching experience in a leadership role. Must have at least 3 years of swim instruction experience. CPR/AED, First Aid and Lifeguard certification required by start of employment.
Preferred Qualifications: Current Water Safety Instructor (WSI) certification.
Work Schedule: During the summer, generally team practices are on weekday mornings and meets are on Saturday mornings. During the fall and winter seasons, practices are from 4:15 – 6:30 pm with swim meets on week nights. Commitment ranges from 10 to 29 hours per week for 6 – 8 weeks during the summer and 15 – 20 hours a week during the fall and winter sessions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, lifting, pushing, pulling, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Move and lift light objects less than 20 pounds such as mail, files and supplies. Operating office equipment requiring continuous or repetitive hand/arm movements. The ability to remain in a sitting position for extended periods of time.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.