with UC San Diego
UC San Diego, located in La Jolla, in the San Diego Metropolitan area, enrolls over 35,000 students and is one of the University of California’s 10 campuses. UC San Diego has earned recognition as one of the world’s premier research universities and one of the top‐10 public universities in the nation.
UC San Diego Athletics is reclassifying to NCAA Division I as a member of the Big West Conference. Serve as Head Coach‐ Diving for the NCAA Intercollegiate Athletics program. This is a vital position within the Athletics program and has a 12‐month contract. Triton Athletics promotes the pursuit of excellence, strength of character, teamwork, ethical conduct, and diversity, and is inextricably linked to the educational mission of the University. UC San Diego has a proud tradition of academic and athletic excellence.
The Coach must have a commitment to the philosophy of providing a competitive Swimming and Diving program that emphasizes integrity and the educational welfare of its student‐athletes and also strives for athletic excellence. Follow athletic philosophy consistent with that of the UCSD Athletic Department and a commitment to diversity in all of its forms. The Head Diving Coach will report to the Head Coach of the Swimming and Diving program and will assist in all of the following: recruiting, organizing and conducting practices, conditioning programs, utilize video tagging software, competitive and fundraising events. Assist with administrative responsibilities, including scheduling, budgets, inventory, coordination of team, professional & recruit travel and team equipment purchases. Prepare statistical analysis and reports. Assist with coordinating contest, event and tournament management, and with recruitment of student‐athletes, and basic knowledge of and compliance with all NCAA regulations. This position also has the opportunity to grow and develop a club and lesson program. The incumbent is responsible for conducting all activities in compliance with NCAA, CCAA and UC San Diego rules and regulations.
A complete application will include an online resume, cover letter and contact information for three professional references.
- ‐ Demonstrated ability to teach specified sport to individuals and the team as a whole.
- ‐ Ability to follow work schedule as outlined by Head Coach and department.
- ‐ Advanced and effective inter‐personal, motivational and team leadership skills to workeffectively with student‐athletes, staff and parents of student‐athletes. Good interpersonal
skills, including tact, diplomacy, and flexibility.
- ‐ Ability to foster an environment that supports equity, diversity and inclusion.
- ‐ Specialized knowledge of the team sport or activity and demonstrated technical expertise incoaching principles.
- ‐ Current knowledge of applicable rules and standards of the affiliated athletic conference, theNational Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) or National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), as well as other associations and agencies to which the campus adheres, and, at all times avoid any and all violations of these rules and standards.
- ‐ Strong demonstrated knowledge of sound principles and rules governing specified sport. Personal experience with specified sport.
- ‐ Strong administrative and organizational skills, with ability to follow up and review, to insure that no details are overlooked and that all arrangements have been made.The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www‐ hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
with Carthage College
Carthage College is accepting applications from qualified candidates for the position of Graduate
Assistant serving as an assistant for the Women’s Swimming and Diving program. This is a 10 month
position with a full tuition waiver (2 – four credit classes per semester and stipend).
Responsibilities of the position will include but are not limited to:
- Recruiting, knowledge of swim and dive events, practice organization, home meet management and
other administrative duties as assigned by the head coach.
- Candidates should have a strong undergraduate academic record and a Bachelors Degree from an
accredited institution. The qualified candidate must be admitted to the graduate program at Carthage
College in order to be assigned this position.
- Candidates must have collegiate swimming/diving athletic experience.
with George Fox University
Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach
WORK SCHEDULE: Part Time – 12 months
ABOUT GEORGE FOX UNIVERSITY ATHLETICS:
Our Vision: To be the team to beat in NCAA Division III sports with the most formative athletic experience in the country.
Our Mission: To provide a competitive experience that breeds athletic excellence, academic success and Christ-like character.
Our Values: Christ-centered community, high respect for the sport, relentless pursuit of excellence, integrity in all things, self-discipline for success, total commitment to team.
As Oregon’s premier Christian university, George Fox offers a wide variety of opportunities to serve in a Christian community that delivers the promise that each student will Be Known – personally, academically and spiritually. In athletics, our mission to take the student athlete and foster them in a competitive environment so that when they leave campus and head into the world, they are high achievers who expect excellence in all they do. Our hope is that through athletics, young men and women learn essential life skills that prepare them to be Christ followers and world changers.
The Assistant Coach is responsible for performing various duties and responsibilities, including (but not limited to): coaching, recruiting, counseling, monitoring student-athlete academic performance, designing training sessions, collaborating on season plans and strategies, adhering to compliance requirements, and other sport program administrative functions.
This entry-level coaching position will be responsible for assisting the Head Coach in all duties, including coaching, office management, recruiting of prospective student athletes, and coordinating team logistics. This coaching position will directly assist the Head Coach with on-deck coaching duties and will also be responsible for several 12-month projects designed by the Head Coach to positively impact team performance.
- Directly assist the Head Coach in all areas of the program
- Assist in the launch of what will become a nationally prominent men’s and women’s swimming program that will contend for conference, regional, and national honors.
- Recruit talented, high caliber student athletes who perform in the pool and in the classroom as well as contribute to the mission of the university
- Adhere to the stated philosophy and established guidelines set forth by George Fox University, NCAA Division III, and the Northwest Conference
- Responsible for several 12-month projects designed by the Head Coach to positively impact team performance.
- Assist in scheduling travel arrangements for team
- Assist in home meet management
- Work closely with CPRD for facility scheduling and maintenance
- Collaborate with university Admissions, Sports Marketing, Student Life, Academics and Alumni & Parent relations to ensure that student athletes are fully integrated into campus culture
- Successful coaching and recruiting experience required, preferably at the collegiate or club level
- Extensive knowledge of swimming required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A strong Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle as described on our website
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience working with collegiate-caliber athletes
- Student-athlete and coaching experience with NCAA and/or conference championship competition
- Athletic accolades with regard to the sport of Swimming and Diving at the intercollegiate or higher level.
- Administrative experience (i.e. budgeting, program planning, travel, etc.) at the intercollegiate or club level.
- Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Trainer
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience
REPORTS TO: Head Men’s & Women’s Swimming Coach
For Your Personal Well-Being We Offer:
- A beautiful and peaceful campus environment with areas to walk and coffee shops and restaurants close by
- A strong Christian vision and mission-led organization with opportunities for your growth and contributions
- Wonderful Christian peers and a vibrant student population
- Free Fitness Center membership
- Free parking
- Rich employee benefits
We invite you to Be Known at Oregon’s Nationally Recognized Christian University!
George Fox has been transforming student lives for over 125 years.
Each day we look to broaden our future for generations to come.
We have alumni from 52 countries and all 50 states.
We invite you to become a steward of our dreams using your God-given gifts.
Our Purpose: To educate and inspire students to pursue God’s calling.
**This position is subject to close at any time, regardless of the date on the posting.
with City of Mobile Swim Association
The City of Mobile Swim Association (CMSA) is seeking an energetic and passionate full time Age Group coach.
City of Mobile Swim Association is a board run non-profit team that is part of the Southeastern LSC. We are located in Mobile, AL, just 50 miles from the beautiful beaches of Gulf Shores, AL. We are a Bronze Medal, 160+ member competitive team with swimmers ranging from the age group level swimmer to the Olympic Trials level. We operate at multiple sites, including a 50 meter indoor pool, an indoor 25 yard pool, and outdoor 25 yard pool throughout the year. the CMSA also manages an additional 50 meter outdoor pool which is spring and summer training site along with the location for swim school and summer league programs.
This position will report directly to the Head Coach. This position will be the lead coach with our Age Group Elite and Age Group I-III swimmers.
Duties and responsibilities will be but not limited to:
1) Work with the Head Coach and Head Age Group Coach to develop an age group program that will create and foster a swimmer’s progression for long term success.
2) Create a training plan for their groups and oversee plan development of other groups training plan within the age group program.
3) Administrate and grow Master’s program.
4) Supervise and oversee assistant coaches within age group program.
5) Administrate/grow Mobile Swim and Heron Lakes Summer league team. (With Assistance from the Head Coach)
6) Help maintain teams database, meet entries, and communications through Team Unify system
7) Assist the Head Coach in organizing and running parent education meetings
8) Assist Head Coach with monthly administrative duties.
We are seeking applicants with at least a Bachelor’s degree. An ASCA level 2 certification is desired but NOT a requirement. The applicant should have at least 2 years experience OR a high level swimming background(4 year varsity letter as a collegiate athlete or equivalent) and a track record of successful age group coaching. It is preferred that the applicant is familiar with Meet Manager, Team Manager, and Team Unify programs but not a requirement. The applicant MUST possess excellent organizational and communication skills with the ability to create strong and positive relationships with their swimmers and the parents as well as an enthusiastic desire to learn and improve as a coach. Each applicant must be currently registered and in good standing with USA swimming and have all certifications current.
Compensation will be commiserate with experience while the position will have of additional income based on growth of swim school and summer league programs.
All interested applicants should send a resume and professional references to Head Coach Kyle Cormier ([email protected])
This position will remain open until it is filled. The preferred start date is August 12th.
To learn more about the City of Mobile Swim Association please visit our team’s website at www.SwimCMSA.com
with East Grand Rapids Aquatics
Description: Full time Senior Head Coach
Works with CEO/Head Coach to help create a Senior group that emphasizes team, peak performance and a positive, inclusive culture.
Job duties include:
- Coaches all Senior level groups. Includes middle school, high school and seasonal college athletes.
- Designs season plan to include growth, skill acquisition, dryland/strength training and mental aspects of the sports for peak performance.
- Assists swimmers and parents with college recruiting.
- Helps athletes set goals.
- Maintains record of swimmer attendance and progress.
- Handles all meet entries for Senior.
- Sets Sr meet schedule and attends meets with Senior swimmers. May attend other meets at the direction of the CEO/Head Coach.
- Uses video equipment as an instructional tool.
- Maintains calendar on website for parents and schedules practice times for groups with approval of CEO/Head Coach.
- Sends out bi-weekly email to parents that includes emphasis for the week, schedule and any other important information.
- Conducts at least one parent meeting per season.
- Available for parent/coach conferences during the fall/winter and spring/summer seasons.
- Returns emails/voicemails within 24 hours.
- Helps with set up of hosted events.
- Other administrative duties may be assigned by Head Coach/CEO.
Compensation: Competitive salaried position commensurate with experience. Includes
paid vacation, reimbursement of travel costs, monthly health benefit stipend and professional development.
Start Date: August 2018 or sooner if available.
Requirements: USA Coaching Certification, Lifeguard certification, Background check
ASCA level 3 and above prefered 3+ years experience coaching Senior level swimmers with a track
record of performance.
with SafeSplash Swim School
Our Swim Instructors are the most important and valued part of our business. With loyal instructors who have taught for us for 7+ years, trust us when we say, you want to join the SafeSplash® Brand Family! As a swim instructor, you will have the opportunity to teach both swimming and social skills that students will carry with them for the rest of their lives…there is no job more rewarding! With the support from our senior leadership team, you will find the best career path to further grow your passion to serving your local community.
- A passion for children and young families
- A passion for exceptional customer service
- 3 years’ experience working with children in any capacity
- Current CPR and First Aid for Adult, Child and Infant required
- Complete training in the SafeSplash curriculum within the first 30 days of employment
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds in weight
- WSI certification
- Background in swimming (teaching or participating)
- Background in early childhood learning, teaching or coaching kids
- Customer Service Experience (hospitality, restaurant, retail, call center, etc.)
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $11.00 to $16.00 /hour
with Sioux Falls Swim Team
Sioux Falls Swim Team (SFST) is in Sioux Falls, SD and we have approximately 220 swimmers throughout the various age groups. The swimmers practice in a new $24 million state of the art facility. SFST is a non-profit, board supported swim program. We are searching for a full time energetic head developmental coach to work with our two head coaches and develop our swimmers, continue our success at the LSC level and increase our regional and national presence.
About the Position/Responsibilities:
The selected applicant will be the full time coach for developmental swimmers. Duties will include:
Coaching student athletes pursuant to the club’s mission and vision. •
Working with others on coaching staff to ensure continuity of training at all levels. •
Attending regular staff meetings and providing reports on progress of swimmers you are primarily responsible for.
Overseeing SFST’s summer/winter seasonal swim programs and training for identified age group.
Assisting in determining appropriate workout group for each athlete and assist in updating group requirements/progression as needed. •
Directly coaching the Developmental Age Group Swimmers, focusing on stroke technique. •
Setting workout schedules for identified swimmers. •
Being a positive role model, maintaining high ethical and moral standards, and adhering to USA Swimming’s Coach’s Code of Conduct. •
Assisting in marketing SFST and act as media liaison. •
Assisting and supporting all fundraising activities. •
Attending assigned swim meets.
Attending South Dakota LSC meetings. •
Leading periodic parent meetings to educate and inform.
Performing various administrative duties as needed.
Prospective employees must be USA-Swimming registered swim coach and able to pass USA-Swimming background check and USA-Swimming Athlete Protection Program.
Candidate must have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Candidate must be able to motivate swimmers of all abilities to achieve their full potential.
Candidate must have ability to work with others on the coaching staff to ensure consistent implementation of team philosophy and goals.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
Start date flexible depending on applicant responsibilities.
with British International School, Phuket
ASCA Level 2 / Swim Australia TOCS or equivalent
Working towards ASCA Bronze or equivalent
Min. 2 years’ experience with Learn to Swim, Junior Squads and Age Group squads
Bachelors or Undergraduate Degree
High standard of spoken and written English
The BISP Flying Fish Swim Team are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, team player to coach our
Junior Development Squad (ages 7-11) and support the coaching team in other areas of the
The swim team operates as part of the British International School, Phuket, Thailand, and provides
an opportunity to be a part of one of the leading swim programs in South East Asia. The program has
developed a pathway from Learn to Swim through to a High Performance Swim Academy, where
many swimmers are now representing their respective countries Internationally at both Age Group
and Open levels.
It is the vision of the program to provide aquatic competency and skills for life, from grass-roots to
elite level, and everything in between.
The successful candidate will be charged with transitioning students from Learn to Swim into a
Junior Squad, by delivering appropriate swim coaching and instruction to young athletes in
conjunction with long-term athlete development principles, and focusing on skills, technique and
athletic development. They will be working within a school environment to develop multi-skilled and
rounded individuals, and may teach at a range of levels within learn to swim, curriculum swimming
and masters. The ability to work within a team is essential, as is communication to parents, other
coaching staff and students.
Attendance at weekend swim meets and training sessions will be required, as is support with
running and operating swim meets, school trips, other school events. Additional assistance with the
PE department may also be required. Inset will be provided and delivered by the Aquatics Director
and Learn to Swim Coordinator throughout the contract, and opportunities for additional
Professional Development exist both within the school and outside.
Initial term contract, details pertaining to benefits, medical insurance, transport, and
accommodation will be detailed upon time of interview.
with Cape Fear Aquactics Club-CFAC
The Cape Fear Aquatics Club (CFAC) is a year round swim team which serves 100 swimmers ranging in age from 5 to 18 years old. The team competes in both USA Swimming and YMCA meets at a regional and national level. CFAC Swim Team takes pride in providing opportunities of all ages and abilities with a focus on values, sportsmanship and character development.
4+ years’ experience as a Head Coach or Assistant Coach of a Y (preferred) or USA swimming team
ASCA Level 1 required with a Level 3 certification or above strongly preferred
Experience leading and mentoring assistant coaching staff
Preferred experience in budgeting management software (Daxko operations, Hy-Tek Team Manager and Meet manager)
Preferred experience in Team web site and all social media outlets (Team Unify, Facebook and Instagram)
Current YMCA or Red Cross lifeguard, first aid and CPR certification
Current YMCA Competitive Swimming and Diving certification (can be attained after hire)
Current USA Swimming Coaching certifications up to date (required)
YMCA Team Leader certification preferred
CPR, First Aid and Lifeguard/Coaches Safety Training required (USA Swimming Required)
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
Management of the day-to-day operations of the CFAC Swim Team, Master’s program and Homeschool swim team ensuring that the program complies with YMCA policies and procedures and recommended YMCA Competitive Swimming Guidelines for program quality and safety standards.
Serve as Head Coach to the CFAC Swim Team, providing direct service at practice and meets.
Recruit, supervise and evaluate a strong team of staff and volunteers. Organize people and activities for efficiencies and effectiveness, with a focus on developing assistant coaches.
Set overall direction and curriculum for practices and meets, providing direct service to ensure program quality and safety standards.
Experience using Team Unify software to manage athlete data, meet registration, team entries, and team communication and to organize volunteers for home swim meets, fund raising efforts, concessions operations and other team functions.
Oversee administrative aspects of the team including, meet selection and registration, group placement, practice scheduling and maintaining team stats.
Communicate regularly and professionally with swimmers, parents, volunteers and coaches.
Create a playful atmosphere in which participants can show their unique selves, developing future leaders in swimming and in life. Celebrate the accomplishments of swimmers of all levels in and out of the pool.
Create an environment of respect, positivity and support that inspires smiles.
Reach beyond the walls of the YMCA by engaging the swim team in the larger community. Ensure the swim team continues to be an integral program and part of the Y family.
Recruit and work collaboratively with cause driven parent volunteers.
Develops, implements, and manages operating plans to promote program growth. Measures progress against strategic goals and ensure continuous improvement.
Develops and controls department budgets related to the position so that resources are devoted to top priorities and strategic objectives.
Work with Aquatics Leadership Team to ensure we are meeting the overall aquatics needs of the community.
Instill in team’s members a sense of sportsmanship, loyalty to the group, willingness to work hard and courteous and respectful behavior at all times. Create a team in every sense of the word.
Manages Special Event swim races which supports CFAC Swim team (Race Director, Sponsorships, Marketing and manage volunteer’s)
Works alongside the Leadership team to support the Scholarship program-We build People Campaign.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
Mission Advancement: Reinforces the Y’s values within the organization and the community. Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the YMCA’s efforts for all stakeholders. Implements effective systems to develop volunteers at program and fundraising leadership levels.
Collaboration: Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community. Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the YMCA. Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals. Provides tools and resources for the development of others.
Operational Effectiveness: Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions. Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities. Ensures execution of plans. Institutes sound accounting procedures and financial controls. Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement.
Personal Growth: Fosters a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches. Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change. Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
with Spiraledge, Inc
Spiraledge is a company founded on one essential principle: to help people live healthier lives through sports and fitness! As the parent company of fast growing e‐commerce sites SwimOutlet.com ? & YogaOutlet.com ??, Spiraledge Inc. has been recognized as a Gold‐Level Fit‐Friendly Worksite ? at its headquarters in Campbell, CA. Both SwimOutlet.com and YogaOutlet.com have been named an Internet Retailer Hot 100 Company.
SwimOutlet.com is the largest online specialty store for aquatics in the United States and has the largest selection for swimming, fashion swim, beach and surf!
YogaOutlet.com is the fastest growing multi-branded online yoga retailer, offering a broad selection of yoga brands and yoga-inspired products to all levels of yogis and fitness enthusiasts.
Benefits for full-time employees include medical, dental, paid vacations/holidays, yoga and fitness classes, 401K with matching, employee discount from any of our sites, and catered lunches.
Do you thrive on building strong business relationships as well as gaining new clients? Do you have a positive, empathetic attitude, and are you able to work in a fast paced environment?
We are looking for an Eastern States Outside Sales Representative for our Team Sales division at SwimOutlet.com. This is a remote position. However, it requires residence in California, Oregon, Ohio, Washington, or Connecticut.
The Team Accounts Field Representative is responsible for maintaining their existing accounts while acquiring new Teams, Leagues and Schools to work with our Team Division. Representatives build and maintain strong customer relationships, provide ongoing customer service, maintain records, and monitor competition for team apparel and equipment accounts. This position is focused on our Team Division Swimming sector clients which will include but are not limited to competitive Swimming, water polo, diving and synchronized swimming in addition to these areas representative will be actively pursuing Learn to Swim and health club clients.
- Visit existing and new customers and respond to the team accounts needs
- Grow client base by performing outreach to potential customers via phone and email, and “on deck” visits
- Find new channels to seek out team customers
- Promote and process orders for all brands offered on SwimOutlet.com
- Provide accurate information to our team accounts regarding products and orders
- Develop and increase sales to meet assigned targets on a consistent basis.
- Address problems and recommend solutions to meet and exceed the expectations of team accounts
- Provide prompt and exceptional customer service via phone, email, or in person
- Maintain customer database; provide detailed notes regarding all interactions with team accounts
- Collaborate with other Team Division co-workers, vendors and related departments
- Perform other duties and projects assigned
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere that strengthens the team
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
- 2 years or more of sales experience
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to coordinate a variety of activities and prioritize work
- Must be self-directed
- Ability to maintain enthusiasm and positive demeanor when dealing with a wide variety of people
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Windows software
- Valid CA driver license and ability to travel locally.
- Preferable to have knowledge and experience in team sports and/or competitive swimming
- A passion for sports is a must!
When applying, please submit your salary requirements in your cover letter.
The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers; and reaches with hands and arms for tasks such as keyboarding and to open filing cabinets as necessary. The employee is occasionally required to talk and hear. Some light lifting of paper files is required.
with North Coast Aquatics
NCA is looking for well qualified enthusiastic coaches at several of our sites in San Diego county. Applicants should have USA Swimming club experience, familiar with standard age group structure and some admin experience using Team Unify (although not required). Looking for coaches willing to put in approximately 20 hours/week on deck coaching and also available for 1-2 meets per month depending on the time of year. Positions available include 10&U, 11-12, 13-14 & 15&O assistants with some opportunity to lead. Any experience running or creating a strength dryland program is a plus.
North Coast Aquatics is the largest club team in the San Diego Imperial LSC with over 40 years of tradition producing national level swimmers of all ages. Due to our size (600+ swimmers) there is tremendous opportunity for growth within our organization.
Competitive compensation based on experience.
with Coastal Maine Aquatics
Coastal Maine Aquatics (CMA) is seeking passionate and enthusiastic applicants who love the sport of swimming for a full-time salaried Head Coach.
Long-standing club. CMA is a USA Swim Club founded in 1991, and is part of Maine Swimming LSC. CMA is a 501c3 non-proﬁt organization overseen by a Board of Directors. We have a staﬀ of 4 assistant coaches. With more than 90 swimmers throughout the year, ages 5 thru 18, CMA offers programs at 7 different training levels. CMA consistently places among the top teams at Maine Championships.
Commitment to excellence. CMA has many of the top swimmers in the state, with one Junior National qualifier and five Sectional qualifiers currently. CMA has achieved Level 3 Club status. Our team operates year-round out of two indoor 6-lane pools one in Cape Elizabeth (SCY) and one in South Portland (SCM), which are located within 5 miles of each other. We host three meets per year at our SCY pool. Our swimmers are students at the areas top high schools and many go on to swim at the collegiate level. Only one hour away, Colby College is poised to complete a new state of the art 50-meter natatorium by 2020 for use by all levels of Maine swimming competition. CMA has a dedicated, involved and supportive membership base with great potential for future growth.
Outstanding quality of life. Coastal southern Maine is known for its unparalleled quality of life, pristine beaches, spectacular ocean views, lighthouses, family farms and low stress lifestyle. The area is ranked among the most livable regions nationwide, offering an excellent quality of life, access to high quality healthcare, nationally ranked schools and outstanding outdoor recreation opportunities. Portland, Maine’s largest city and just a 10 minute drive, continues to accumulate national “best of” awards, including America’s Best Town in the East by Outside Magazine, a top ten Greenest City by Organic Magazine and America’s Foodiest Small Town by Bon Appetit.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Serve as primary, on-deck coach of national and senior level training groups, and counsel high school members interested in swimming in college;
• Supervise and develop assistant coaching staﬀ including:
o coordinate stroke and training principles throughout all levels;
o oversee group placement and advancement of athletes; and
o serve as on-deck coach of lower level training groups as needed;
• Oversee all administrative aspects of team activities, including
o meet selection, planning and registration;
o coordination of home/hosted meets;
o practice scheduling for all training groups;
o maintaining team statistics; and
o team promotion locally and within Maine LSC;
• Work cooperatively with the Board of Directors as an Ex-oﬃcio member to:
o develop and administer the team budget;
o create and execute a shared vision for CMA’s growth and success; and
o communicate professionally and regularly with coaches, athletes and parents.
• Actively represent CMA in the Maine LSC and New England Swimming, as well as other state, regional and national organizations, as requested by the Board.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with CMA parents, including parent education and booster activities with the CMA Parents Association.
• 5+ years experience as a Head Coach or Assistant Coach of a USA Swimming aﬃliated club;
• ASCA Level 3 certiﬁcation or above strongly preferred;
• Experience leading and mentoring assistant coaching staﬀ;
• All certiﬁcations current and in good standing with USA Swimming;
• Solid knowledge of stroke theory and training physiology;
• Proven success coaching, motivating and inspiring swimmers at all levels, from developmental through national level;
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Clear, cooperative and tactful communication style;
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Solid personal ethics, including honesty, respect and integrity;
• An obvious love of competitive swimming, along with a personal desire to succeed professionally and advance the team as a whole;
• Experience with and knowledge of HyTek programs and Team Unify;
• Legally authorized to work in the United States and able to pass background checks.
Compensation: CMA offers a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer. Compensation for a highly-qualified candidate may include an annual base salary of $40,000-50,000, plus performance bonus opportunities.
To apply candidates should e-mail a resume and cover letter to [email protected] All applications will be held in conﬁdence.
with Rocklin Mavericks (RMAV)
- Works collaboratively with other coaches.
- Responsible for season planning and goal setting for swimmer development.
- Run dryland workouts 2-3 times per week as needed.
- Attend all meets and weekly/biweekly coach meetings.
- Be knowledgeable to communicate RST and LSC policy and procedures to athletes and parents. Respond to parent inquiries and emails in a timely manner.
- Provide input on weekly team emails.
- Other duties may also be assigned by the Aquatics Director.
- Current USA Coach Certification
- Familiarity with Team Unify
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills
- Experience as a collegiate swimmer
- History of success of coaching swimmers with different range of athletic ability
- Self-directed with organizational and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
with Rappahannock Area YMCA Stingrays
Rappahannock Area YMCA Stingrays(RAYS) are seeking enthusiastic coaches to work with our Developmental, Age Group 2, Age Group 1, Junior and Senior Groups.
The mission of the Stingrays is to provide an organized, competitive swimming program for the youth of the Rappahannock area in association with the Rappahannock Area YMCA of Fredericksburg, Virginia. The program encourages and emphasizes good sportsmanship, self-discipline, and achievement of goals, in keeping with the philosophy of the YMCA in developing mind, body and spirit. The Stingrays recognize that swimming is just one part of a young person’s life. Competition is a major, but not exclusive, measurement of success. All Stingrays’ swimmers should have fun.
Accomplishing the Stingrays’ mission requires commitment from all individuals involved with the team. Swimmers are expected to show their commitment by attending practices on a regular basis, by respecting and supporting their teammates on deck and in the water, and by conducting themselves in a responsible manner at all times. Parents are expected to support the team and their swimmers by contributing their time by assisting at Stingrays’ swimming and social events. In turn, the Stingrays will provide high-caliber swimming instruction in an organized, safe, and friendly environment.
- High School Diploma
- Coaching experience and/or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level
- Desire and passion for the sport of swimming
- Strong communication, organizational and administrative skills.
- Assist or conduct workouts 3-6 days a week
- Workouts are in the evening after school between 4-8pm
- Participation in evening and weekend meets are required.
- Maintain all certification in good standing with USA Swimming.
- Safety Certification: Current CPR, First Aid Certification, and Safety Training for Swim Coaches or Lifeguard Certification.
- Athlete Protection Training (Through USA Swimming)
- Background Check (Through USA Swimming)
- Foundation of Coaching (Through USA Swimming)
We offer competitive compensation based on qualifications.
with Truman State University
Truman State University is currently seeking an Assistant Coach for Men’s & Women’s Swimming. The Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in all phases of the program including recruiting, coaching, and administrative duties. Assist with the day-to-day operations of the team, coaching and fundraising activities; provide support for the vision and strategies of the head coach. The assistant coach will be responsible for maintaining professional conduct, positive sportsmanship and acting as a role model for the student-athletes. The candidate must demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills and must be able to work effectively with staff, faculty and other members of the University.
• Promotes good sportsmanship behavior and enforces discipline, establishes and oversees penalties for breach of standards by members of the team.
• Help student-athletes grow in sport and life.
• Observes students during practice to encourage good athletic skills and provide guidance for improvements.
• Assists in implementing pre- and post-season conditioning and weight training, as necessary.
• Assists with student-athlete recruiting in accordance to University and NCAA Division II rules.
• Promotes Truman Athletics at various events.
• Assists and/or executes program development, develops strategies for competitions.
• Assist with all aspects of team’s annual fundraiser.
• Help coordinate team travel arrangements.
• Require irregular hours, out of town and/or overnight travel.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 1 year college work experience or 3 years of Club/YMCA work experience
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills including ability to establish and build a good rapport and effective working relationships with student athletes, coaches, assistant coaches, administrators, college faculty and staff, alumni, professional colleagues, the community or general public and representatives of local and national affiliations.
• Must be able to work collaboratively with the coaching staff and with a diverse range of swimmers.
• Ability to effectively coach, advise and motivate student-athletes.
• Knowledgeable of University, GLVC, and NCAA Division II rules and regulations.
• Ability to pass recruiting certification within 6 months of employment.
• Ability to recruit high-quality athletes on a local and/or national level.
• Sound judgment, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record and occasionally operates University vehicles.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite software
• Familiarity with team and meet manager software
• CPR, First Aid, AED certifications.
• USA Coaches’ Safety Training certifications
• 2 years work experience at the collegiate level.
Truman State University is a highly selective public liberal arts and sciences university and is a member of the Great Lakes Valley Conference (GLVC).