with New Trier Aquatics
The Director of Operations (DO) is directly responsible for Club day-to-day duties and functions. This individual is part of the Executive Coaching team and is expected to be a vital component of the long term stability and programming of New Trier Aquatics. Enthusiasm for the sport of swimming as a community-driven program is essential to success in this position. Coaching responsibilities will be defined based on the best fit within the program and for the candidate but will be expected on a full-time basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Membership Management Recruitment and Retention:
- Creating and Monitoring Club Retention (August and March)
- Management of Group and Club Size – assisted by Club Administrator
- Applying Meet/Event Billing (Monthly)
- Submitting applicable forms for Sanctioning of Hosted Meets
- Creation and Management of Meets/Events
- Submission of Meet Entries (per deadlines)
- Creation and Publication of Meet Schedule (seasonal)
Supplemental Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist the Head Coach
– Provide statistical analysis of growth and retention within the program
– Build & Maintain Relationships with community partners
– Provide consistent and regular billing of competitions and dues as well as regular dues invoicing
Assist the Director of Personnel
– Coordinate and Allocate Pool space for practice schedules
– Enforce Facility Guidelines and create EAPs as needed
– Provide support for staff scheduling within the context of team mission
Assist the Director of Sports Performance
– Maintain and update equipment and technology as per necessary
– Develop & Implement unique and effective competitions for maximum
– Coordinate group sizes as it relates to performance & assists with placement/movement
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or equivalent education from a four-year college and a minimum of five years related experience in a leadership position.
Masters/Advanced Degree from a accredited institution of higher learning
10+ Years related experience in a lead coaching and administrative position
USA Swimming Member in good standing (Non-Athlete)
ASCA Level II Certified; Level V Education (Administration)
Competitive Swimming/Water Polo Experience
American Red Cross LGTI
USWP certified administrator
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
To be successful in this job, an individual must be well organized and driven with strong communication skills.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, TeamUnify, and Swim Meet Systems (IST, Colorado, etc.) is expected.
Demonstrated expertise in running and managing meets is a large part of the job responsibility
Enthusiasm for new and different solutions to common problems
Ability to work between many facets of aquatic programming – Water Polo, Masters, Diving and look for new ways we can serve our community through aquatics.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
with Lake Country Swim Team
Senior Group Lead Coach: Lake Country Swim Team is seeking a coach to be the lead coach for our Senior Sterling Silver and Senior Silver training groups. These groups contain our top 13 to 15-year-old swimmers. This position also includes serving as an assistant for our Senior Gold and Platinum swimmers. This is a full-time position with associated administrative responsibilities.
- Direct and supervise LCST Senior Sterling Silver and Silver training groups
- Plan and implement an appropriate training program that maximizes each swimmers development while inspiring and challenging swimmers to be their best
- Assist and substitute for Head Senior Coach as needed with Senior Gold and Platinum training groups
- Perform associated administrative tasks such as meet entries, website and communication contributions and other tasks matching our needs with your experience and skills
- Current Coach Member in good standing with USA Swimming
- Current Lifeguard certification (or ability to obtain)
- Substantial coaching experience and proven success with both developmental and elite swimmers
- Ability to manage and develop assistant coaches
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Well versed in Hy-Tek software and Team Unify platforms
Compensation includes a medical insurance stipend, matching IRA contributions, performance bonus plan, meet travel expenses as well as private lesson and clinic opportunities. Compensation is dependent on candidate’s certification, experience and skills.
Anticipated start date is April 1, or possibly sooner.
with Life Time Athletic
Metro Area Life Time (MALT) Swim Team is seeking a passionate leader to grow within the Life Time organization. The Head Swim Coach would be responsible for the development and growth of our swim team at our newest location, Life Time Princeton, which will be the 7th satellite location for the Life Time Metro swim team, opening in late April.
The Life Time METRO Swim Team (MALT) is affiliated with the New Jersey LSC of USA Swimming. MALT is part of Life Time Athletic providing our members with a year round competitive swim team. Our team consists of 600+ swimmers across our six locations: Life Time Berkeley Heights, NJ, Life Time Florham Park NJ, Life Time Fort Washington, PA, Life Time King of Prussia, PA, Life Time Montvale, NJ, and Life Time Mount Laurel, NJ.
The MALT Swim Teams main focus is stroke & technique development, utilizing drills with constant oversight & correction to ensure our swimmers have the proper skills for training & competition. Each satellite location separates the swimmers by ability level, allowing the coaches to focus on smaller training groups to maximize the swimmers success. The head coach administers all USA competitive training groups: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Senior; while providing direct oversight of the Jade and Sapphire developmental groups and coaches.
Daily Head Swim Team Coach Tasks:
- Writing and leading Swim Team Group Workouts according to a season plan
- Developing and Growing Swim Team Coaches on your team
- Registering new participants for the Team
- Administrative duties as needed
Duties & Responsibilities
- Align with MALT Swim Team goals and mission
- Creates an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants
- Initiates, develops and maintains positive relationships with participants
- Responds to member questions regarding Life Time’s programs, policies and procedures
- Assists in enforcing club and pool policies at all times
- Acts as the liaison between the Aquatics Department Head, USA Swimming, Swim
- Writes the season plan and workout templates for each season
- Ensuring that all swimmer records are up to date within TeamUnify
- Schedules Swim Coaches to attend swim meets and represents the Life Time team positively
Education & Experience
- Four year college degree
- Two years swim coaching experience
- Swim lesson instruction experience preferred
- One year customer service preferred
Licenses / Certifications / Registrations
- ASCA Level 3 Certification (mandatory) or higher
- Member of ASCA and USA Swimming
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches certification
- Red Cross Lifeguard and First Aid preferred
- Complete LTU Safety Training before first shift
- Complete all LTU courses within first 60 days of hire
- CPR/AED certification required within the first 3 months of hire
- Successfully complete and pass Life Time Swim Instructor Certification
All Life Time Team Members receive:
- Complimentary Life Time membership
- Team Member discounts for Life Time products & services
Additional Full Time Benefits
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Industry-leading Education and Training
- Flexible Spending Account – Dependent (day) Care Account
- Hourly Wage
with Blue Eagle Swimming
Blue Eagle Swimming of Nazareth, PA (BLUE) is seeking passionate, qualified applicants for its full-time Team Director/Head Coach position. Reporting directly to the parent-run Board of Directors, this position is responsible for the development and implementation of training programs for all age group levels and the supervision of BLUE coaches while working towards the achievement of the organization’s goals and mission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Developing training plans for all groups with the assistance of the Lead Coaches of each group while adapting training to the needs of each swimmer.
- Coaching and providing input for all training levels on a weekly basis.
- Attending all scheduled meets; in the case of meet conflicts, attends the highest-level competition. At all meets, coach and assist all age group levels.
- Establishing the fundamental philosophy, skills and techniques to be taught by staff and supervise all staff in the implementation of their duties.
- Fostering a positive team environment that inspires excellence by leading by example.
- Supporting the goals, mission, and philosophy of BLUE.
- Implementing a vision for developing the membership of BLUE swimming
- Effectively communicating and working with other coaches, the Board of Directors, the school district and community pool staff, volunteers, parents and athletes in a positive and professional manner.
- Be a strong advocate for the sport of competitive swimming.
- Connecting our senior swimmers with colleges and universities and assisting families in making their child’s goal of swimming at the post-secondary level a reality.
QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Minimum of ASCA level 3 certification.
- Minimum 5 years of coaching experience.
- Possess substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of competitive swimming and, at the same time, must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field through coaching clinics, observations, consultation, etc.
- Experience in bidding for and organizing LSC championship meets.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required.
- Working knowledge of Hy-Tek Team Manager, Team Unify and OME.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Possess a valid U.S. driver’s license and has personal means of transportation.
- All USA Swimming Coaching Certifications and memberships must be kept current and on file in the SWIMS database and be in good standing in accordance with USA Swimming Rules and Regulations including USA-S Level II Criminal Background Check and USA-S Certificates (Athlete Protection, USA Swimming approved courses in First Aid, CPR, & Safety Training).
- As a condition of hiring, candidate must secure Nazareth Area School District Coaching Background Clearances, which, as a condition of continued employment, must be kept current and in good standing.
COMPENSATION: Competitive Salary Based on Credentials and Experience. Medical, Dental and Vision Plans Offered. Bonus/Commission Opportunities Available to Increase Salary.
with YMCA of Kanawha Valley
The Swim Team Head Coach is responsible for planning and operation of the Swim Team in accordance with the guidelines of the YMCA of the USA, YMCA of Kanawha Valley and USA Swimming. He or She is cooperatively responsible for the safe operation of the swimming pool. The Head Coach will also coordinate and oversee the YMCA Learn to Swim Program.
with Sterling Stingrays Swim Club and Sterling Park District
The Assistant Duis Center Manager/Stingray Swim Team Director/Head Coach is responsible for providing leadership and supervision of the District’s Stingray Swim Club, aquatic programs and any other assigned programs, activities and areas.
The Assistant Duis Center Manager/Stingray Team Director/Head Coach is responsible for performing the essential functions as outlined in this job description. The Assistant Duis Center Manager/Stingray Team Director/Head Coach is a full-time/exempt employee who may work in excess of fifty (50) hours per week. Work pace varies depending on the task required. The position requires the ability to work in the hard level (100 lbs. or less).
The Sterling Stingray’s Swim Team is a year-round competitive swim team located in Sterling, Illinois. Our team is a Sterling Park District program that currently has between 50 to 60 members. We have an indoor facility that is comprised of a 6 lane 25 yard pool and a separate diving well with one diving board. During the summer our Elite training group travels to Clinton, Iowa where we have access to an outdoor 8 lane 50 meter pool for long course training. Further information on the team or the facility can be found by visiting our website at www.sterlingstingrays.org and http://www.sterlingparks.org/location/duis-recreation-center/.
The Assistant Duis Center Manager/Stingray Team Director/Head Coach is under the direction of the Duis Recreation Center Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS-STINGRAY TEAM DIRECTOR/HEAD COACH
- Responsible for the day-to-day direction, hands on guidance and involvement in all aspect of the Stingray Swim Club, including working with swimmers, parents and coaching staff.
- Responsible for effectively coaching one or more age group levels as well as setting strong, positive, enthusiastic and highly energetic tone for all age groups.
- Oversees and manages the process of meet selection, meet entries, scheduling and coordinating of home and away meets.
- Responsible for the recruiting, supervising, evaluating and managing the performance and professional development of all Assistant Coaches.
- Develops and implements the latest and most effective training plans for stroke technique, training, dryland progressions and taper strategies for a wide range of swimmer ages and abilities.
- Provides active involvement in the recruitment, development and the progression of swimmers in all age groups that will both maintain and grow team membership.
- Works with all swimmers and parents in determining appropriate goals; and, fosters in swimmers, important attitudes and skills such as discipline, goal setting, time management and healthy habits that will benefit them throughout life.
- Regularly communicates with swimmers and families through a variety of channels and methods, including but not limited to regular swimmer and parent meetings, newsletters, emails, SPD/SSSC websites, etc.
- Responsible in securing team and meet sponsors as well as the coordination of all team fundraisers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS-ASSISTANT DUIS CENTER MANAGER
- Develops and promotes aquatic programs and activities including but not limited to social and competitive programs/activities for youth and adults, private and group lessons, clinics, camps, and special events.
- Assists in the development and implementation of pricing and other strategies to recruit new and retain current aquatic participants.
- Recruits, recommends, selects, trains, supervises, schedules and evaluates part-time personnel under the direction of the Duis Recreation Center Manager. Conducts an on-going evaluation of the District’s aquatic related staffing needs and makes adjustments to ensure programs operate efficiently and create an environment for success.
- Monitors trends in aquatic programs to ensure the District is offering the best/latest in facilities, equipment, programs, and activities.
- Evaluates, recommends, and prepares specifications and purchases of aquatic related equipment and supplies.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative planning and working relationships with other local community agencies and service organizations.
- Evaluates assigned areas on a regular basis. Prepares and issues reports as needed and as requested.
- Coordinates staff, pool schedules, swim meets and other events with the Duis Recreation Center Manager.
- Publicizes aquatic related and other assigned programs/areas/activities to the community through a wide variety of formats with the assistance of the Duis Center Manager and the District’s Marketing Manager.
- Assist in the preparation of the budget; recommend expenditures for assigned areas in accordance with said budget.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Adheres to established safety practices as outline in the District’s Safety Manual and/or set for the by the District’s Safety Committee.
- Assists with maintenance and repairs at assigned facility.
- Attends conferences, workshops and seminars as required/needed.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Duis Recreation Center Manager.
- At least 21 years of age
- Certified or ability to become certified in CPR/AED, First Aid and Coach’s Training
- Certified USA Swim Coach
- A valid Illinois State Driver’s License (Class D).
- Organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships with other employees.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and TeamUnify.
- Desire to contribute to the long term success of the Duis Recreation Center, Stingray Swim Team and assigned other programs and activities.
- Desire to live in a vibrant, small town, family friendly community of 26,000 residents.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Four-Year College degree, with previous age group swimming and /or coaching experience preferred.
- Certified USA Swim Coach
- Minimum first year compensation of $32,000 with a possible higher starting wage based upon qualifications and experience. In addition, a health insurance stipend; dental insurance; retirement plan; and paid vacations, personal days, holidays and sick days are also included in the benefit package. Additional incentive base compensation may be considered/negotiated at time of hire.
with Saint Viator High School
BOYS WATER POLO- HEAD COACH
Saint Viator High School is seeking a Head Boys Water Polo Coach for the coming spring season. Please send your resume or questions to [email protected].
with Monterey Park Manta Rays
MPMR is seeking a part-time assistant age group coach for our competitive swim team. This assistant coach would work with our head coach to assist with stroke technique and training strategies for novice swimmers as well as more advanced competitive swimmers. We are a non-profit organization, board run swim team with about 110 swimmers. The club trains at a 50 meter facility year round.
Strong background in competitive swimming with a minimum of three years coaching experience.
Experience in developing swimmers from novice to high-level swimmers.
Ability to effectively communicate appropriate goals and progressions to swimmers, head coach and parents when necessary.
Strong knowledge of stroke technique progression, training progression and taper strategies for all levels.
Member in good standing with USA Swimming and current with all CPR certifications
Excellent with communication skills and computer skills as needed.
Will report directly to head coach.
Compensation is an hourly rate and dependent on experience.
All resumes welcome
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Panthers Swim Team at The Bay Club Redwood Shores is seeking an Assistant Swim Coach. Our team has 100+ swimmers from a beginner to a sectional level. Assistant Coach is responsible for coaching workouts, attending swim meets, assisting the Head Coach on Swim Team admin, and the general development of the program. We are looking for a coach capable of owning the program and continue to take us to new and exciting heights at the learn-to-swim, summer league, and USA Swimming level. The position can be part-time or full-time if the coach is willing to take on additional responsibilities such as private lessons.
The Bay Club Redwood Shores is an outdoor pool located at 200 Redwood Shores Pkwy
Redwood City, CA 94065.
Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, the Assistant Swim Coach is responsible for managing and coaching the year round USA swim team, coaching upper level athletes, providing oversight to all the swim teams and stroke schools; maintaining a safe and effective learning environment while focusing on the fulfillment of clients’ swimming goals; achieving personal revenue goals; and providing the best customer service and hospitality to members and guests.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide coaching for year round USA swim team and oversight to all the swim teams
- Present on deck during all team practices
- Coaches upper level athletes and provides specific and corrective feedback to each athlete at each session
- Design and deliver effective, consistent, and rewarding sessions and workouts
- Integrate new swimmers into swim team and stroke school programs
- Provide feedback to help parents decide which program is best for their child and client retention
- Maintain accurate, current records on all clients’ progress
- Attend regular staff meeting with other coaches
- Enforce all pool rules and aquatics center and club policies
- Plan, organize and help run swim meets, including submitting entries in a timely manner
- Maintain a consistent work schedule; arrive punctually for sessions
- Provide excellent communication with the parents of swimmers as well as all members and staff
- Track attendance of client’s sessions
- Accurately enter and maintain consistent timely records in the required systems for hours worked and sessions
- Actively participate in events, programs meetings and trainings
- Represent the club in a professional manner through image, dress, communication, and immediate follow through and response
- Submit billing and accounting for swimmers and program participants
- Order and distribute uniforms and required gear for staff
- Assist with special club projects, events and promotions
with Fitter and Faster Swim Tour
The Fitter and Faster Swim Tour Presented by SwimOutlet.com is looking for hardworking, passionate individuals who love swimming, people, and thrive on being responsible for the execution of amazing clinics all around the country. Imagine working with Olympic athletes, traveling throughout the New England area, and working with others who share a passion for swimming. Amazing right? The Fitter and Faster Swim Tour is currently looking for two part-time Event Managers located in the Boston, MA, New England Area.
The Event Managers are responsible for managing the on-site program for our unique swim clinics. We are looking for Event Managers who can think on their feet, assess all types of situations and troubleshoot solutions, assist with instruction on deck and pick up the ball and run in a fast-paced environment. If you are dynamic, enthusiastic, responsible, and love swimming as much as we do, we want to hear from you! Please send resume along with brief introduction of yourself to [email protected]
- Event experience is required.
- Knowledge of the swimming industry and background in competitive swimming is required. (coaches, swim instructors, former collegiate swimmers are encouraged to apply)
- Must have general computer experience with knowledge of Microsoft Office, uploading and cropping photos and square point of sale.
- The successful candidate is well organized, able to manage multiple tasks and on-going projects, punctual, and have a strong work ethic.
- Event Managers must be willing to (via car) travel Friday through Sundays on two or more weekends a month.
- Reliable transportation
- Must be located in Boston, MA and/or New England area
with Coastal Maine Aquatics (CMA)
Coastal Maine Aquatics (CMA) is seeking passionate and enthusiastic applicants who love the sport of swimming for a full-time salaried Head Coach.
Long–standing club. CMA is a USA Swim Club founded in 1991, and is part of Maine Swimming LSC. CMA is a 501c3 non-profit organization overseen by a Board of Directors. We have a staff of 4 assistant coaches. With more than 90 swimmers throughout the year, ages 5 thru 18, CMA offers programs at 7 different training levels. CMA consistently places among the top teams at Maine Championships.
Commitment to excellence. CMA has many of the top swimmers in the state, with one Junior National qualifier and five Sectional qualifiers currently. CMA has achieved Level 2 Club status. Our team operates year-round out of two indoor 6-lane pools one in Cape Elizabeth (SCY) and one in South Portland (SCM), which are located within 5 miles of each other. We host three meets per year at our SCY pool. Our swimmers are students at the area’s top high schools and many go on to swim at the collegiate level. Only one hour away, Colby College is poised to complete a new state-of-the-art 50- meter natatorium by 2020 for use by all levels of Maine swimming competition. CMA has a dedicated, involved and supportive membership base with great potential for future growth.
Outstanding quality of life. Coastal southern Maine is known for its unparalleled quality of life, pristine beaches, spectacular ocean views, lighthouses, family farms and low stress lifestyle. The area is ranked among the most livable regions nationwide, offering an excellent quality of life, access to high quality healthcare, nationally ranked schools and outstanding outdoor recreation opportunities. Portland, Maine’s largest city and just a 10 minute drive, continues to accumulate national “best of” awards, including America’s Best Town in the East by Outside Magazine, a top ten Greenest City by Organic Magazine and America’s Foodiest Small Town by Bon Appetit.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Serve as primary, on-deck coach of national and senior level training groups, and counsel high school members interested in swimming in college;
• Supervise and develop assistant coaching staff including:
o coordinate stroke and training principles throughout all levels;
o oversee group placement and advancement of athletes; and
o serve as on-deck coach of lower level training groups as needed;
• Oversee all administrative aspects of team activities, including o meet selection, planning and registration;
o coordination of home/hosted meets;
o practice scheduling for all training groups;
o maintaining team statistics; and
o team promotion locally and within Maine LSC
• Work cooperatively with the Board of Directors as an Ex-officio member to:
o develop and administer the team budget;
o create and execute a shared vision for CMA’s growth and success; and
o communicate professionally and regularly with coaches, athletes and parents.
• Actively represent CMA in the Maine LSC and New England Swimming, as well as other state, regional and national organizations, as requested by the Board.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with CMA parents, including parent education and booster activities with volunteer parents.
• 5+ years experience as a Head Coach or Assistant Coach of a USA Swimming affiliated club;
• ASCA Level 3 certification or above strongly preferred;
• Experience leading and mentoring assistant coaching staff;
• All certifications current and in good standing with USA Swimming;
• Solid knowledge of stroke theory and training physiology;
• Proven success coaching, motivating and inspiring swimmers at all levels, from developmental through national level;
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Clear, cooperative and tactful communication style;
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Solid personal ethics, including honesty, respect and integrity;
• An obvious love of competitive swimming, along with a personal desire to succeed professionally and advance the team as a whole;
• Experience with and knowledge of HyTek programs and Team Unify;
• Legally authorized to work in the United States and able to pass background checks.
CMA offers a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer.
with Crozet Gators Swim Team
- Attends pre-season sign-up sessions (evaluations for new swimmers).
- Develops a list of expectations, practice rules and procedures for swimmers to follow during practice and meets.
- Directs and supervises all swim practices, swim clinics, (morning and/or afternoon) and swim meets.
- Directs and supervises the Jefferson Swim League Championship meet.
- Attends required Jefferson Swim League meetings.
- Is knowledgeable of JSL Procedure Manual and Coach Manual.
- Encourages swim team member participation in swim team functions.
- Supports committee members in the reinforcement of participation by all parents in swim team operations and activities and in the registration of members with JSL representatives.
- Teaches technique to swimmers in the four swim strokes and proper technique for turns, starts, and relays.
- Schedules swimmers’ events for swim meets and prepares necessary paperwork.
- Coordinates and coaches swimmers during swim meets with appropriate follow-up.
- Is responsible for the care and storage of all swim team equipment.
- Informs both swimmers and parents of swim practices (or changes), swim meets, directions to away meets and any other information needed to be kept informed of team operations, with the assistance of the executive committee.
- Reports progress and concerns to JSL representative or a swim team committee officer.
- Collaborates with the executive committee in the hiring and/or termination of swim team staff.
- Sets salaries and hours for all assistant coaches, with approval of committee.
- Attends CGST Executive Committee meetings and gives brief report on progress and concerns.
- Provides leadership and helps develop skills of assistant coaches and junior coaches.
- Provides timely feedback and encouragement to all swimmers and their families.
The position begins with season practice planning and coach meetings between the start of hire and the beginning of swim season. The regular season schedule begins in May 2018.
|March/April 2018||Pre-season Evaluations for New Swimmers (times/dates TBD)|
|May 2018 – June 7, 2018||Practice (afternoon while school is in session)
Monday through Friday 4:00 PM – 7:30 PM (approximate)
|June 8, 2018 – July 26, 2018||Morning Practice (after school has ended)
Monday through Friday 7:45 AM – 11:00 AM (approximate)
Monday through Thursday 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM (approximate)
|June 13 – July 18||Dual Meets (6)
Wednesdays 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM
|July 27 and July 28||JSL Championships, UVA Aquatic Fitness Center
(Friday and Saturday/times TBD)
|End of Year Banquet||Sunday, July 29 (time TBD)|
Applicants should have a minimum one year of swim coaching experience at the recreational level and a personal competitive swimming history is a plus. Additionally, strong knowledge of stroke fundamentals, excellent communication skills, and good organizational skills are a must. Preference will be given to those with experience in athlete development, team management skills and USA coaching certification. We desire candidates who will be dedicated and committed to attending all practices and meets through the end of our competitive season.
Condition of Employment:
Successful candidates must pass a background check and provide current certifications in CPR and First Aid and Lifeguard, WSI, Coaches Safety Training or the equivalent. Additional training may be required upon acceptance of employment.
Salary will be discussed and offered upon evaluation of the applicant’s availability, experience, and ability to perform as the Head Coach throughout the season.
with Cary Park Swim Team
Cary Park Sea Dragons Seeking Summer 2018 Coaches
Cary Park Sea Dragons in Cary, NC is looking for energetic and skilled swim coaches (Head Coach and Assistant Coaches) for Summer 2018 to help lead our community summer swim team! If you have a love for children and have swimming or coaching experience, or know someone who does, we welcome you to send your resume to us for consideration. Summer 2018 will start mid-May through the end of July. Coaches lead morning and afternoon practices M-Th and morning practices F & Sat. The season includes 6 dual meets on Tuesday evenings as well as 1 to 2 end-of-season meets on Saturday & Sunday. Coaches are expected to swim in coaches’ relays at the meets, and if age-eligible (age 18 or younger), are strongly encouraged to join Cary Park Swim Club and swim for Cary Park during meets. Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR certifications will be required certifications prior to the start of season. Competitive pay offered. You may learn more about our team at www.caryparkswimteam.com.
Please email resumes and 2-3 references by January 15, 2018 if interested:
Subject: CP Sea Dragons Head Coach or CP Sea Dragons Assistant Coach
Thank you for considering joining the Cary Park Sea Dragons!!
with Paradise Valley Country Club
Responsible for the efficient operation of all swimming activities of the club, maintaining proper chemical balance of the pool (gas chlorine system), maintaining all pool equipment, promoting interest and enjoyment of swimming among membership, insuring the safety of all members, their families and guests while in the pool and proper operation of the swimming inventory in accordance with rules, regulations, and standards of the swimming committee.
- Organization, supervision, and administration of swim meets
- Maintaining adequate inventory of high standard swimming merchandise
- Operation and maintaining of the filtration system
- Maintain health department requirements of gas chlorine system including: chlorination, ph, and alkalinity factor
- Cleaning all pool equipment and facilities, pool chairs, tables, starting blocks
- Providing swimming lessons to members and their families
- Head Swim Coach for swim team
- Hiring, training, and supervising life guard staff
- Working closely with the swim committee in all phases of swim program
- Department meetings: documented and signed by all attended employees and sent to human resources
- Communicate with other departments
- Keep currently informed of laws pertaining to department
- Departmental budgeting
- Keep job descriptions updated through human resources
Assistant Aquatics Director
- Life guard certification
- Water Safety Instructor
- Certified in CPR and First Aid
- Certified Pool Operator
- Pool management experience
- Ability to deal with members and their children effectively
- Strong swimming ability and teaching skills
- Supervisory skills
- Knowledge of pool maintenance and cleaning methods
- Must practice safety at all times
with La Crosse Area Family YMCA
Join our WAVE Swim Team as our Swim Team Admin. & Developmental Head Coach and help strengthen youth in our community. The La Crosse Area Family YMCA’s WAVE Swim Team continues to grow and we have a brand new opportunity! This position will be responsible for managing the administrative aspects of the WAVE Swim Team (including team dues, meet fees, website communication, meet entries, and all monetary transactions within the team) and will lead the practices of at least one level of WAVE swimmers while supervising and overseeing Assistant Coaches. Other responsibilities will include supporting the Aquatics Department in swim lessons and lifeguarding, while helping to create pathways for our members from swim lessons to our WAVE Swim Team. Qualified candidates must have two years+ of coaching experience in competitive swimming, two years+ of teaching swimming lessons or lifeguarding classes, YMCA experience is preferred, Team Unify or other team website management experience a plus, CPR/AED/First Aid & Lifeguard Certification, Safety Training for Swim Coaches Certification, Microsoft Office knowledge, Google applications a plus and the ability to lift equipment up to 70 lbs. This is a full-time exempt position working 40+ hours per week including evenings and weekends, includes a full benefits package along with a free family YMCA membership and 12% retirement after 2 years of service.