with UC San Diego
The University of California, San Diego is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Volunteer Swimming and Diving Coach, which is an unpaid position with an opportunity for a tremendous experience with coaching and support for a highly competitive team.
UC San Diego, located in La Jolla, in the San Diego Metropolitan area, enrolls over 35,000 students and is one of the University of California’s 10 campuses. UC San Diego has earned recognition as one of the world’s premier research universities and one of the top-10 public universities in the nation. UC San Diego sponsors 23 varsity sports and currently is an NCAA Division II institution, with an expectation of moving to Division I in the near future. Triton Athletics has a proud tradition of academic and athletic excellence. In 2016-17 Triton Athletics won its second straight and seventh overall California Collegiate Athletic Association Commissioner’s Cup and placed fourth in the nation in the Learfield Directors’ Cup.
The Volunteer Coach must have a commitment to the philosophy of providing a competitive Swimming and Diving program that emphasizes integrity and the educational welfare of its student-athletes and also strives for athletic excellence. Follow athletic philosophy consistent with that of the UCSD Athletic Department and a commitment to diversity in all of its forms. This position will report directly to the Head Swimming and Diving Coach.
The time commitment would be 4-5 hours per day to assist in all administrative tasks and assist when assigned to pool deck responsibilities.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
with Arcadia University
The person in this part-time position will be involved in all aspects of managing the sport program, including, but not limited to, practice planning, game preparation/scouting, in-game coaching, recruiting, administrative work, and general supervision of student-athletes.
- Helps supervise all aspects of the sport program in conjunction with the head coach.
- Aids in the recruitment of qualified prospective student-athletes.
- Conducts training sessions to aid in the skill development of team members.
- Assists with game-day preparation and scouting of opponents.
- Provides in-game assistance and support to the head coach.
- Counsels and mentors team members as needed.
- Monitors health, wellness, and safety of team members.
- Enforces department and team expectations regarding general standard of behavior for student-athletes.
- Transports team members to away contests as required.
- Performs administrative tasks as assigned.
- Contributes to a positive work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Contributes to the overall success of the Athletics Division and sport program by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Collegiate playing experience strongly preferred.
- Previous coaching experience at the collegiate, high school, and/or club level preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate and teach sport-specific skills required.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule and travel for both games and recruiting expected.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills, whether dealing with individuals or groups, and an ability to work well with different constituents.
- Ability to learn and apply University policies and procedures to ensure operational compliance and reliable judgment.
- Basic computer competency required. Experience with Front Rush or similar recruiting software preferred.
- Ability to successfully complete a background check, motor vehicle check, and drug test. Supervision: Received: Position reports to the sport head coach. Given: Supervises student-athletes and team managers.
- Associate’s degree required, bachelor and/or master’s degree preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Current CPR, AED, and first aid certifications preferred.
- Compliance with NCAA Division III rules and regulations required.
with Boca Prep Swim Academy
Currently seeking a part-time USA Swimming Assistant Coach at Boca Prep Swim Academy located in Boca Raton, Florida. Job will entail coaching middle school and high school groups, Monday-Friday 3:30-5:30pm, in addition to attending local swim meets once a month. Pay is $18/HR plus meet travel per diem. Candidate should have swimming background and some experience with coaching at a competitive club level. Please send resume submissions to [email protected]
with Upper Main Line YMCA
The Upper Main Line YMCA (UMLY) swim team is seeking an experienced part-time lead coach for our 9-12 year-old age groups. The candidate will play an integral role in our team, which is nationally ranked in YMCA swimming and a USA Swimming Bronze Level team. The successful candidate will oversee the training and development of our age groups 2 and 3. This person will be responsible for some administrative duties in addition to leading 2-3 part-time assistant coaches. Hours will vary.
· A minimum of least 3 years of age-group coaching experience.
· ASCA level 3 certification or equivalent is preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree is also preferred.
· The successful candidate should also possess strong leadership, communication, organization skills
· The candidate must be able to adhere to the YMCA vision/core values.
Salary is commensurate with experience; YMCA membership; paid YMCA/USA Swimming certifications; and reimbursements for meet expenses. Continuing education opportunities exist. The desired start date is as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
with Somerset County YMCA
Somerset County YMCA is currently seeking an Associate Director of Competitive Aquatics to assist with our highly successful Swim Team. Our team consists of over 260 swimmers which operates in Basking Ridge, NJ with a 6-lane lap pool and satellite facility. We strive to enable swimmers to grow as individuals, achieve their goals as swimmers, and expand their overall potential. Somerset Hills YMCA is looking for motivating individuals who share our commitment in strengthening the community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
- Manage, design, and implement season planning/communication for practice groups
- Provide supervision, direction, and support to the 14 & under age group coaching staff
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, developing and directing coaching staff and volunteers as needed
- Works with Swim Team Parents Organization to promote and support team by distributing program information
- Responsible for accurately entering swim meet information and effectively communicating to parents in a professional and timely manner
- Assists in developing/monitoring program budget to meet fiscal objectives
with Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics (Alpine Hills)
Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics – (Alpine Hills Site) in the Palo Alto, Ca area is looking for a coach to assist in our Age Group and Developmental Programs coaching mostly 12 and under swimmers.
PASA-AH currently has 150 year-round swimmers on the team. Alpine Hills owns a 10-lane 25 yard/25 meter pool. Responsibilities of this position include coaching; assisting in dryland, as well as administrative duties related to the group and overall team operations. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree, experience with swimming as a coach or athlete, excellent organization and communication skills, and a desire to study and progress as a coach and a professional. This is a great opportunity for with a competitive hourly rate with bonus opportunity.
Position starts in Sept. / Oct. of 2017.
with Spokane Wave Aquatic Team
The Spokane Wave Aquatic Team (SWAT) is accepting applications for Head Age Group Coach/Age Group Program Director. This is a full time salaried position.
Spokane Wave is a year round competitive USA Swim Team located in Spokane, Washington. SWAT competes in the Inland Empire (IE) LSC and averages 175 swimmers per year.
SWAT is looking for a professional, self motivated coach with experience developing, recruiting for and maintaining competitive age group programs. Under the direction of the Head Coach the qualified candidate would oversee and be responsible for all aspects of the SWAT age group program.
The position requires on average 15-20 hours of deck time a week, weekend swim meets, and administrative office hours/duties.
- On Deck Duties (include but limited to):
- Adhere to USA Swimming and ASCA Code of Ethics
- Daily Training sessions on average 2-3 hours/day
- Planning and Developing age group programs to foster the growth of the SWAT and the development of each individual swimmer to achieve their greatest potential
- Responsible for the recruitment, growth and performance of the SWAT age group program
- Directly coaching SWAT’s top age group (Gold)
- Substituting for other staff when necessary
- Swimmer practice attendance tracking
- Meet Attendance
- Administrative Duties (include but not limited to):
- Design and Implement long term age group training/development plan.
- Age Group track for progression through SWAT training programs, including training group recommendations, placement and promotions
- Development of new SWAT training programs to help foster the growth of the program
- Recruit and Retain new swimmers to SWAT through new programs or local partnerships
- Meet Entries
- Parent and Swimmer Education
- Regular Parent meetings
- Athlete goal meetings and performance updates
- USA Swimming and SWAT Registrations
- Continuing Coaching Education
SWAT emphasizes Team over Individual and has seen a lot of recent success quickly becoming one of the more competitive Teams in the IE. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and includes health insurance and incentives. SWAT covers the coach’s annual registration fees, meet lodging and travel expenses, and continuing education.
The qualified candidate must have a College Degree, ASCA Level 2 requirements or equivalent of; Must be Team oriented and a Team Builder; must be able to work under the direction of the Head Coach to support SWAT Team Goals and guidelines.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to Head Coach Sean Muncie, [email protected]
with Raritan Valley Community College
Raritan Valley Community College (RVCC), serving Somerset and Hunterdon County residents for fifty years, offers over 90 associate degrees and certificates, customized training and continuing education. The College’s 240-acre campus lies at the crossroads of central New Jersey in North Branch. RVCC is committed to being a learning-centered college that works closely with the community to develop and offer new and innovative programs to meet the needs of a growing diverse community and student population.
Under direct supervision by the RVCC Aquatic and Athletic Facilities Coordinator and general supervision by the RVCC Athletic Administration and RVCC Executive Directors, ensures the safety and training of lifeguard staff and patrons of an aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies and provides quality consistent customer service to all patrons.
Performs professional duties in ensuring effective performance of lifeguard functions. Assists in hiring, training, scheduling and appraising lifeguards. Works with management to ensure that lifesaving certification is current and that all lifeguards are fully competent in performing water rescue procedures. Coordinates the safety of patrons in and around the pools, monitors swimmers and enforce all safety rules.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Performs all lifeguard responsibilities including monitoring pool activities, applying first aid, and performing water rescues as necessary.
Ensures that swimmers are well supervised in the pool and on decks. Fills in for Lifeguards as necessary.
Orients new lifeguards to job duties and responsibilities. Ensures that all lifeguards are current on their training and certifications.
Schedules, coordinates and conducts in-service training. Ensures that lifeguards are fully competent in first aid, CPR, and all water rescue techniques.
Assists with the scheduling of lifeguards to ensure that adequate coverage of pool areas are maintained during operating hours.
Ensures that lifeguards perform in accordance with established safety regulations and policies.
Keeps the management well informed of pool maintenance needs including cleaning, chemical adjustments, and repairs.
Inventories and recognizes when supplies or equipment need to be ordered and communicates the needs to the Aquatics Manager.
Interfaces with patrons regarding concerns, problems, or any other significant issues. Provides input and feedback while responding to problems.
Ensures that aquatic programs are occurring as desired and assists with the overall coordination of swimming events.
Performs related duties as required.
Must be over 18 years of age with high school diploma or GED and at minimum 2 years lifeguard experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above. Previous supervisory of lifeguard staff and team building.
Ability to perform the swimming pre-requisites of the lifeguarding course. Current American Red Cross Lifeguard, CPR/ AED Certification
American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor preferred. NSPF Certified Pool Operator preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred.
No phone calls please. Position will remain open until filled.
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, current resume and references online
We regret that we are unable to respond to each and every resume received. Only those candidates of interest will be contacted directly.
Raritan Valley Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan Employer. We will implement the policy to assure that the employment opportunities offered at the institution are available to all person.
with Stafford Aquatics Team
STAT Swimming is seeking hard working, enthusiastic coaches, who are interested in working with swimmers of various ages with an emphasis on technique and keeping it fun and interesting for the athletes.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Head Coach and Head Age Group Coach in creating a positive team environment and program that develops personal, and competitive growth in the sport.
with Sierra Marlins Swim Team
*************THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED**************
We are currently interviewing for our Head Coaching Position of the Sierra Marlins Swim Team. This is a program with a proud history of developing young swimmers from 6-Unders and Age Group kids to High School Champions, Collegiate Athletes and Olympic Gold Medalists. We are looking for a passionate coach to mold and inspire some amazing kids and swimmers. Someone who wants to create a sport culture in which he/she is viewed by the swimmer as a mentor, educator and role model.
The Head Coach will also be responsible for supporting the philosophy, goals and Mission of both the Sierra Marlins Swim Team and USA swimming. Your duties will include, but are not limited to, recruitment of prospective swimmers, swimmer development, competition preparation and strategy, supervision of assistant coaches, working with parents, the public, fundraising, adherence to USA swimming rules and regulations, and administrative duties all associated with being a head coach.
- Plan, schedule, direct and oversee all practice and training activities of the team.
- Maintain the assigned roster size for each year including swimmer move ups and enrollment.
- Ensure eligibility of swimmers in each group and in the swimming program.
- Determine meet schedule and swimmers participation in meets.
- Manage, mentor and develop the coaching staff. Delegate coaching responsibilities to a staff of 4-6 assistant coaches.
- Coordinate swimmer entries into swim meets and coaching staff attendance at home and away swim meets.
- Represent the Sierra Marlins at appropriate meets, be an active Sierra Marlins representative and participant in the LSC. Attend Board meetings, and help manage all Club planning and development.
- Manage the administration related to all aspects of the organization including publicity, recruitment, relevant communications and overseeing all aspects of home and travel swim meets, including providing assistance with financial budget and other financial matters.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in problem resolution situations and in financial matters of the team.
- Meet with parent members on a regular basis and as needed. Oversee parent education.
- Provide senior swimmers with college guidance and support
- meet with necessary city officials as needed
with Calabasas Waves
The Calabasas Waves Swim Club, a year-round swim club with 100 swimmers, located in Calabasas, CA is seeking an Age Group Coach for our developmental level groups. We are looking for candidates who have a passion for teaching, coaching and are able to work with children of all ages.
Applicants must be certified in Water Safety and it is preferred if applicants have the following certifications through USA Swimming: Coaches Safety Training, CPR and First Aid, Background Check, and Athlete Protection Training.
This position will consist of 10-15 hours a week. Pay is commensurate with experience.
Our club’s goal is to give swimmers at all levels of ability the opportunity to pursue excellence through personal development, teamwork, sportsmanship, leadership, and strength of character, inspiring them to win with humility and lose with grace.
with Sigma Swim
Sigma Swim seeks an experienced head coach for the top team in Sigma Swim.
- Maintain and develop our high level in danish swimming. We have fantastic history of results in danish swimming, hence you are expected to work with dedication and ambition to maintain and further develop our high level.
- Participate in international championships, if/when you are selected by the federeation as team coach.
- Participate in the workprocess of defining and implementing a renewed common thread and club policies on the teams.
- Cooperation with the assistant coaches on the team + the rest of the Sigma coaches.
- Relate to the individual swimmers on a personal basis at practice, at competitions, and through goal settings.
- Plan, organize, and develop the team annual program. Plan, attend, and direct team practices as scheduled.
- The swimmers are primarily aged between 15 and 24. The team is approx. 18 swimmers.
- Full time employment – including monthly salary, holiday pay, pension and healthcare insurance.
- The ability to motivate and inspire swimmers to reach their full potential.
- Being a positive role model for swimmers, parents, collegues and the national federation.
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills.
- Good cooperative skills
- Cooperative and respectful communication style with swimmers, parents and co-workers.
- Strong background in competitive swimming, preferably as head coach and with documented education.
- Strong core values that include respect, trust and integrity.
- Good english skills – written and oral.
We have passionate swimmers and a dedicated parents group willing and able to support the right coach. The right coach is passionate about developing the swimmers both in their swimming, personally and mentally.
with Nu Wave Swim Club
The NU WAVE Swim Club is seeking a full-time Head Age Group Coach (ASCA Level 2 or higher preferred) to lead our 12&U High Performance training groups.
The NU WAVE Swim Club is a Board-supported/Head Coach led USAS swim program based in New Orleans, Louisiana. NU WAVE was established in 1985. We currently have 140+ swimmers training at three sites. Our training facilities include the University of New Orleans Lakefront Arena, Tulane University Reily Center, and the Isidore Newman School. Nu Wave swimmers range from 5 year-old swimmers in our Stroke School to National Select Camp attendees.
It is the goal of NU WAVE to build a foundation for our athletes to grow as swimmers and people, and to establish a swimming program that facilitates success, teamwork and overall family involvement.
Our program is IM-focused. We work with all swimmers to develop all strokes and all distances appropriate for their emotional and physical development.
Our athletes are guided through two main developmental track options. We offer a seasonal, session-based track for all ages, as well as, our year-round competitive track for the more determined swimmer. These High Performance groups guide swimmers to success at the State, Regional, and National levels. Our High Performance groups have more intense expectations in regards to attendance, performance, and attitude than our T&F groups.
The correct candidate will be tasked with developing the backbone of our team through our 12&U High Performance swimmers. This coach will create within our swimmers and families the capacity to learn in a group environment; the desire to improve through technical and physical development; and above all else, TEACH!
Responsibilities (Included, but not limited to):
- Lead practice groups to develop all strokes and distances applicable to 12&U swimmers and prepare them for success at the State level and preparation for movement to upper groups.
- Contribute to a dry-land program that allows for progression from T&F groups through High Performance groups at both Tulane and UNO sites.
- Track attendance and enforce group attendance minimums. Set up family meetings to discuss progress and/or deficiencies in attendance, effort, etc.
- Coordinate and manage social media accounts. All Site Coaches will contribute to this item.
- Maintain all coaching certifications, as well as, pursue opportunities to advance your knowledge.
- Lead and mentor assistant coaches. Track assistant coach hours.
- Communicate with Head Coach regularly and attend monthly scheduled staff meetings.
- Communicate with families via email/website communications, newsletter contributions, and meetings.
- Attend all swim meets scheduled for your groups, and work all sessions of team hosted meets.
- Coordinate meet entries and communication regarding warm-ups, relays, etc. with families.
- Evaluate new swimmers for group placement. Work with Head Coach and Newman site coach to develop procedures for incoming and outgoing swimmers.
- TEACH! Teach strokes. Teach training habits. Teach racing strategies. Teach teamwork.
- $27,500 salary, or greater based on experience.
- Approximately 30 hours/week including deck time, pre-practice preparations, post-practice meetings and swimmer/family discussions, opening/closing of facility, administrative duties, etc.
- Incentives based on swimmer performance.
- Please send resume to Ross Hedrick, [email protected].
- The position will stay open until the correct candidate is hired.
- Proposed starting date is October 2, 2017.
with Santa Clara Swim Club
AGE GROUP COACH – SANTA CLARA SWIM CLUB
Santa Clara Swim Club, the Premier Swim Club in the Bay Area is looking for age group coaches at our Santa Clara, Milpitas and Morgan Hill Sites. Hours are in the afternoons and Saturday mornings. Attending swim meets is required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Ability to learn and adapt
- A thorough knowledge of all four strokes, starts and turns
- High level of enthusiasm as well as a desire to grow as a coach
- Loyalty to the program
Compensation is competitive and will be based on experience and performance.
with Asphalt Green
Are you an experienced Swim Coach? Have you coached adults who thrive on competition? Are you familiar with the needs of masters level swimmers? Asphalt Green is looking to hire an experienced Masters Swim Coach who will develop the skills and talents of team members (ages range from 18 to 81) while promoting a sense of community and encouraging personal development and excellence. Within the larger Asphalt Green community, the Head Coach will be expected to work in partnership with the Fitness, Aquatics, Development and Sports as well as other members of staff.
- Coach and oversee the team establishing a year-round training program
- Maintain visibility and lead the majority of practices.
- Track participation and attendance by coaching staff.
- Organize and promote social activities for the team
- Organize and promote two annual swim meets.
- Supervise the hiring, training and managing of part time coaching staff.
- Create engaging content for the Masters weekly email.
- Responsible for tracking monthly P&L reports and creating team’s budget including private lessons.
- Function as an engaged member of the Aquatics Department management team contributing to the overall success of the department through integrated program development, budgets/expense tracking and community programs.
- USA Swimming and/or US Masters active membership
• Demonstrated success as a coach and manager
• Strong computer skills including word, excel, outlook, etc.