with Willamette University
Willamette University has an immediate opening for an Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach. The Assistant Coach will assist the Head Coach with all areas associated with the swimming program including: practice preparation and implementation; meet management; student-athlete recruitment and retention; coordination of team travel; dryland preparation and implementation; and community engagement.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following functions, which are not listed in any particular order of importance or significance:
- Recruits qualified student-athletes for admission to a rigorous academic environment and assist in all areas of recruiting.
- Assist head coach with practice implementation of assigned groups.
- Observes all conference, NCAA and university rules and regulations.
- Assists head coach with team travel arrangements including accommodations and meals.
- Assists in coordination of meet management for all home dual meets.
- Assist head coach with preparation and implementation of swimming specific strength and conditioning program.
- Provides leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student-athletes, including counseling team members in academic, disciplinary and personal matters.
- Teaches sport skills, strategies and philosophy as well as sportsmanship.
- Assists program with the Willamette University Swim School as needed.
- Participates in department and Division planning and staff meetings when available, representing the swimming program and/or Willamette athletic department.
- Work collaboratively with all coaches and administrative staff within the athletics program to enhance overall department operation and student-athlete experience.
- Additional administrative responsibilities and duties will be assigned by the Head Swimming Coach or the Director of Athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent required.
- Experience coaching swimming at the college, high school or club level.
- Knowledge of all applicable NCAA Division III and Conference rules as they apply to swimming.
- Must be able to successfully articulate the values of a liberal arts education and the role intercollegiate athletics plays in the development of student athletes.
- Ability to recruit outstanding student-athletes to a strong academic environment.
- Possess strong leadership, organizational, communication and management skills; serves as a role model for student-athletes. Ability to effectively teach and coach students in both an individual and team setting.
- Must demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills and must be able to work effectively with staff, faculty and other members of the University.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both orally and in writing, including the ability to communicate instructions pertaining to athletic matters in an athletic coaching setting.
- Ability to execute those physical activities required to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Knowledge of and ability to use computers and basic office software.
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of people in a manner that positively portrays the University and its programs, personnel, and philosophies.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with diverse colleagues, students, and community members.
- Must possess a current driver’s license valid in the state of Oregon or the ability to obtain one within 60 days of hire date and satisfactory driving record insurable by the University’s insurer.
- Ability to work independently as well as establish and maintain harmonious relations with other staff, faculty and students.
- Successful clearance of a criminal conviction record check.
- Collegiate playing experience.
- Experience coaching at the collegiate level.
- Knowledge of a variety of software applications such as Meet Manager, Team Manager and the Colorado Timing system.
- Familiarity with ARMS recruiting software and usage as relates to recruiting and compliance.
Position is open until filled, however review of applications will begin July 30, 2018.
with Urbana University
Urbana University, a division of Franklin University, has an opening for a part-time Assistant Men’s & Women’s Swim Coach. Urbana is a NCAA Division II institution that competes in the Great Midwest Athletic/Mountain East Conference (GMAC/MEC).
The assistant coach will assist the head coach with all aspects of the program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, coaching at practices from 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and assisting with practices on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:00 a.m.-8:00 a.m. Also, if available, to travel to meets which are held on Fridays/Saturdays and often includes driving a University van, being able to assist and learn if not previously trained in recruiting qualified student-athletes, developing student athletes athletically as well as assisting with their personal growth as young men and women, and other administrative duties as assigned by the head coach.
We are looking for someone to come in and assist with building upon the current foundation and help propel the teams to greater success. This would be an excellent opportunity for someone who has prior experience as a competitive swimmer and possibly some coaching experience to come in and make a difference with a program that is on the rise and also have the ability to learn from an experienced coach.
We seek someone with a Bachelor’s degree and excellent verbal communication skills who can help to continue the strong tradition of graduating our students within 4 years and achieving recognition for our team GPA’s. A background in strength and conditioning would be a plus in this position. This individual must have the ability to travel to some, if not all, away meets, possess a valid driver’s license and have a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report to be able to drive a University van. In addition, the part-time Men’s and Women’s Swim Coach must successfully pass an NCAA eligibility test in order to be able to recruit off campus.
Urbana University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Urbana does not discriminate on the basis of age, religion, race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, immigration status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, disability, or veteran or military status.
with DAD'S Club Swim Team
The Dad’s Club Swim Team is a USA Swimming year round team centrally located in Houston Texas and established back in 1948. We are a one site team with over 400 competitive swimmers from ages 6 -18 of varying levels.
Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years experience, be well-organized, energetic with a great understanding of swimmer development and stroke technique, a “self-starter” with a strong work ethic and excellent oral and written communication skills. Candidate must also be a team player who is able to work with other coaches in a leadership and assistant capacity.
Responsibilities will include lead and assist different training groups during practice and swim meets, create a season training plan, complete meet entries, attend pertinent meetings, maintain weekday office hours. Administrative responsibilities will include communicating with parents, complete monthly meet write-ups and assignments.
Hours are Monday-Friday from 1:00-7:00pm (morning and afternoon practices during summer months) and an average of 1-2 swim meets a month. The coach is also required to be present at any additional team events, such as fundraisers, banquets, and award nights.
Experience with Active, Meet Manager and or Hy-tek software is preferred but not required.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and credentials.
The Club – Dadsclubswimteam.com:
- Founded in 1948
- Located in Houston, Texas, 77055
- Owned facility includes: 3 pools (50×25 meter outdoor pool, 33 1/3 lesson pool, 25 yard/ activity outdoor pool) also includes meeting room, weight room, locker rooms, additional bathrooms, offices and outdoor dry-land area.
- 300+ year round pre competitive swim program
Mission Statement: Dad’s Club Swim Team is dedicated to providing swimmers with the opportunity to reach all of their swimming goals, through commitment and hard work, in an environment that fosters life lessons.
How to Apply
with St. Bonaventure University
St. Bonaventure University has an immediate opening for a Head Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving Coach. This is a full-time, 12-month exempt appointment which reports to the Deputy Director of Athletics.
The successful candidate will be responsible for fulfilling all duties associated with coaching a successful combined men’s and women’s program including but not limited to: the recruitment of scholarship student-athletes; organization of training and practices; budgeting; coordinating team travel; monitoring of the student-athletes’ academic progress; participation in fund-raising activities, and other duties as assigned. The individual will oversee two full-time assistant coaches and one part-time diving coach. The successful candidate must demonstrate understanding, compliance and commitment to all NCAA, Atlantic 10 Conference and institutional rules.
Bachelor’s degree and prior experience in coaching, preferably at the collegiate level or similar experience, is desired. Candidates should possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Employment is contingent on a successful background check and valid DMV driver’s license.
with NOMAD Aquatics
NOMAD Aquatics in Huntersville North Carolina (north of Charlotte) has openings for age group coaches beginning in August 2018. These positions will be working in our growing age group division and will be leading groups of novice swimmers. We are looking for enthusiastic teachers that can work within our team coaching philosophy of “teach first, train second”! Salary will be dependent on experience, teaching ability, and ability to think “outside the box” to make the swimming experience fun and engaging.
with Carthage College
Carthage College, a Division III member of the NCAA and a member of the CCIW conference, is accepting applications for the position of Graduate Assistant Swimming Coach. This is a two year position (9 months each year) with a full graduate studies tuition waiver and competitive stipend.
The successful candidate will assist the head coaches in all aspects of the men’s and women’s swimming and diving program. Primary responsibilities include training, meet-day operations, coordinating team travel, recruiting, assisting with administrative duties and performing other duties as assigned by the head coaches.
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills required
- Admission to the Masters of Education program at Carthage College is required
- Swim coaching experience is preferred
- Computer literacy is preferred
- Valid divers license is required
- Ability to obtain CPR and First Aid certification
with Bellingham Bay Swim Team-PN
Bellingham Bay Swim Team has an immediate opening for an experienced, dynamic, highly skilled and energetic Head Age Group Coach.
Title: BBST Head Age Group Coach
Reports to: BBST Head Coach
Position Status: Full-time – Exempt
- Establish an environment that fosters positive team attitudes and encourages self-discipline, sportsmanship and responsibility.
- Develop and maintain seasonal and quadrennial plans for the progression of our age group program and develops innovative techniques that show success and improvement. (This includes yardage and technique progressions, as well as how the groups are being challenged through competition and differentiated for movement up the team roster groups).
- Develop and implement team and individual goals with the swimmers and the head coach, and monitor the progression of the athletes and team in reaching these goals.
- Design swimming and dryland curriculums for all BBST roster levels to promote stroke development and physical conditioning appropriate for the athletes’ current level of fitness and physical/emotional development, while maintaining an appropriate level of challenge necessary to produce improvement in speed, fitness, and progression to the next team roster level.
- Provide social/emotional support for athletes and differentiated programming to meet each athlete’s needs.
- Demonstrate a cooperative, responsive and respectful communication style with swimmers, parents, community members, members of the staff, and board.
- Effectively supervise and delegate responsibilities for assistant age group coaches. This includes practices as well as meets.
- Practice continuous improvement and professional development for self under the direction of the head coach; work to achieve next level of certification.
- Support all aspects of daily club operation in support of the swimmers, membership, and team mission and values. Strong organizational skills are a must.
- Communicate with other teams and/or PNS regarding meet participation and entries.
- Maintain and update website information regarding practice schedules, meet entries, news, etc.
- Various administrative functions such as pool scheduling.
- Work with the head coach to ensure club mission, vision and values are achieved.
- Act as a team representative while attending LSC meetings.
- Maintain accurate records of individuals and relay performances, meet participation, practice attendance and more.
- Develop, and implement BBST Board policies and procedures under direction of head coach.
- Maintain professional standard of safety, appearance and readiness.
- Facilitate and participate in club fundraisers.
- Must be CPR/AED certified and maintain current coaching certification.
- ASCA level 3 but may consider the right candidate with a lower ranking.
- Strong track record as an outstanding technical swim coach with demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Advanced experience coaching various ages and skill levels in a competitive environment.
- High-level swimming experience at the club and/or collegiate level.
- Experienced with TeamUnify and HyTek
- Ability to set and achieve individual and team goals and encourage others to do the same.
This is a year round, salaried position with opportunity for performance and fundraising based incentives. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience within a range of $30,000 and $35,000 annually.
with Redlands Swim Team
REDLANDS SWIM TEAM is seeking a qualified coach who would be available to work up three hours a day. The ideal candidate is energetic, knowledgeable and able to communicate with parents, coaches and athletes. Candidate must be able to work as part of a coaching team with one or more groups from developmental swimming to early senior level. RST operates out of three high schools located in Redlands CA.
- Current USA Swimming coach in good standing
- Previous coaching experience required (1-3+ years preferred)
- Ability to work, train, and instruct one or multiple practice groups from 4:00 pm to 7:45 pm Monday-Friday. Morning practice is determined by group placement. Must be able to work weekends for swim meets that often require travel.
- Strong stroke technique background and teaching base
- Strong customer service
- Experience planning seasons and workouts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Team Unify platform
- Planning and writing daily workouts for you group(s)
- Attending scheduled meets
- Meet entries, remind app and email communication
- Attend and contribute in staff meetings
- Track group attendance through team unify app
- Attend RST run camp/clinic held at the end of summer
- ASCA certification is a plus (regardless of level)
- This position has the possibility for upward mobility. Compensation based on experience, achievements and other factors.
- Please submit resume that includes: coaching experience, philosophy, and education.
Please submit resume and minimum (2) references to: Austin Brown at [email protected]
with Flying Dolphins - 92nd Street Y
92nd Street Y Flying Dolphins Swim Team (YFD) is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, well-organized, and enthusiastic age group coach to lead our 12&Under swimmers. 92nd Street Y Flying Dolphins is committed to promoting personal development and the pursuit of excellence (mind, body, spirit) so that each participant can be the best they can be in all aspects of life while helping each athlete reach their highest potential within our sport. On deck coaching hours are Monday thru Friday between 4:00 and 8:30pm, Sat 3:00pm-5:00pm, and Sunday 6:00am- 8:00am plus required competitions.
Education, Skills and Experience
YFD Swimming is looking for an individual who is a team player with swim coaching experience. The candidate must possess ASCA level 1 or higher preferred. 2+ years of USA coaching exprience preferred, and pass all required background checks. The individual’s experience should illustrate exceptional management, communication and motivational skills, team-building and community involvement. The candidate should be able to provide relevant examples of teaching quality technique as well as have a record of producing well-rounded swimmers.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Team information can be found at www.flyingdolphinsswimteam.com
with Tigard Tualatin Swim Club
The Tigard-Tualatin Swim Club is conducting a search for both Age Group and Senior-Level Swim Coaches. TTSC is a multi-site team that operates out of pools in both Tigard and Tualatin, OR. We currently have approximately 130 swimmers ranging from age 5 to 18.
The Age Group/Senior-Level Coach of the Tigard-Tualatin Swim Club demonstrates energy, enthusiasm, responsibility and leadership. S/he will be involved in all aspects of the TTSC program, including (but not limited to) scheduling, training, performance, and safety.
- Plan and conduct 1-2 hours per day of on-deck coaching, working with their respective group.
- Communicate effectively with parents, swimmers, and other coaches (email, phone, face to face).
- Coordinate and develop group goals and curriculum.
- Attend all scheduled swim meets, meetings, and team functions as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Minimum of 1-year successful experience as a swim coach with a USA Swimming team is preferred (prior experience teaching swim lessons also OK).
- Positive and energetic presence with a passion for teaching technique.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Current CPR, First Aid, Coaches Safety, and Safe Sport certifications and membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
Preferred start date: September 4th. The position will remain open until filled. Salary range: $15-$17 per hour, commensurate with experience.
For more information about our team and programs, please visit our website at www.ttsc.org
with Heart of Texas Aquatics Team
Heart of Texas Aquatics Team (HEAT), serving the Waco and surrounding communities of Central Texas, is
seeking a dynamic, motivating, experienced Head Coach, to lead our year-round competitive swim program.
The team currently trains at the Family YMCA, and consists of 65+ swimmers from beginning level age-group
swimmers to swimmers who compete at State Championships, Sectionals, Jr. Nationals, and National
Championships. HEAT is a 501©(3) non-profit organization supported by a parent run volunteer Board of
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 3 years Head Coaching experience
- Current Coach member of good standing with USA Swimming (background check, CPR, First Aid,
Safety Training for Swim Coaches)
- ASCA Level 3 or higher certification with ability to coach swimmers beyond the National level
- Positive, motivating, and energetic attitude with a passion for the sport and a desire for excellence in all
areas of the program
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail, and ability to effectively communicate with
swimmers, parents, coaching staff, and Board of Directors.
Responsibilities to include:
- Management of day-to-day direction and operation of swim team
- Develop and implement competitive program – to include correct stroke technique training and
development, dry-land progressions, and taper strategies for range of swimmer abilities
- Management of appropriate athlete goal setting, evaluation and tracking
- Develop seasonal swim meet schedule, team building activities
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, managing, and directing assistant coaches
- Working knowledge of Team Unify and Hy-Tek Team Manager and Meet Manager
- Involvement with some administrative functions, Athlete registration, team management, and meet
- Communicate with families and swimmers through a variety of avenues, to include swimmer & parent
meetings, newsletters, team emails, and maintain team website and social media presence
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
with LIU Post
LIU Post is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Women’s Swim Coach of the nationally ranked Pioneer swimming program. This is a part-time position.
The Assistant Women’s Swimming coach is responsible for providing assistance to the head coach in all aspects of the program including athlete development, on deck coaching, recruiting, travel logistics and meet management responsibilities. The assistant coach will be responsible for maintaining professional conduct, positive sportsmanship and acting as a role model for the student-athlete.
with Miami Country Day Aquatics
POSITION REPORTS TO
Director of Aquatics and Day Camp Director
Independent school located in a suburb of Miami seeks a professional swimming coach to help facilitate the Miami Country Day Aquatics Swimming Program. Miami Country Day Aquatics is a growing program with competitive swimming, a water polo club, a master’s team, a swim lesson program and an interscholastic swim team. This multifaceted role involves teaching and coaching all levels within the USA & USMS Swimming Clubs, serving as the Aquatics Director for Miami Country Day Camp (summer-only), and coaching on the Interscholastic Swim Team staff. This position is important for maximizing enrollment, producing a rewarding educational experience for all swimmers, and ensuring that the overall aquatics program is aligned with the School’s mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Job Duties will include but may not be limited to:
- Abide by the American Swimming Coaches Association Code of Ethics, the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, the FHSAA rules and regulations and MCDA policies and procedures.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with the curriculum and supporting the philosophy and direction set by the Head Coach.
- Prepare swimmers to participate in swim meets and attending them as scheduled by the Head Coach.
- Teach proper stroke technique and developing structured workouts.
- Assist the Head Coach with the development and implementation of the parent education program by creating blog posts and helping with monthly information sessions on various swimming topics (e.g., why swim meets are important, long course vs. short course training).
- Coach practice groups as directed by the Head Coach.
- Communicate well with staff, parents, and swimmers.
- Assist with year-round pool rentals, special training camps, and other unique events at the MCDS Aquatics Center.
- Act as Day Camp Aquatics Director responsible for creating and implementing age-appropriate swim curriculum for Miami Country Day Camp.
- Follow all safety and emergency procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Lead weekly swim tests for Miami Country Day Camp.
- Manage and help select a seasonal aquatics staff for Miami Country Day Camp.
- Provide supportive leadership for MCDS Auxiliary Programs’ staff.
- Provide administrative support for USA Water Polo Team and Learn to Swim Program, as well as USA Swim Team and Interscholastic Swim.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Ability to recognize problems and resolve on the spot.
- Work in a fast-paced, stressful environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to set goals, create plans, and convert plans into action.
- Exhibited leadership skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Additional language skill is preferred.
- BA/BS Degree
- Required Certifications:
- Lifeguard Training (American Red Cross)
- CPR (American Red Cross)
- First Aid (American Red Cross)
- AED Training (American Red Cross)
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches
- ASCA Level 2 Clearance
- Membership in USA Swimming
- Previous professional experience with an aquatics program.
- A genuine love for teaching children.
- Ability to relate to staff and members.
- Administrative experience in dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Must work well with varying age groups of children.
- Previous experience with leading a swim lesson program a plus.
- Must be able to work outdoors in extreme heat conditions for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- 12-month exempt employee contract plus full benefits package.
- Evening and weekend hours as necessary.
The above describes the general nature and level of work. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required as they are ever changing in a dynamic work environment.
with University of South Dakota
The University of South Dakota is seeking applications for the position of Associate Head Swimming & Diving Coach. This position is responsible for assisting the head coach in developing a NCAA Division I men’s and women’s swimming and diving program including but not limited to: recruitment of prospective student-athletes; training and development of team (both academically and athletically); liaison for academics and other departments on campus; assisting with camp and clinics, and administration.
Qualifications: Bachelor degree required, master’s preferred. Applicants must have NCAA coaching experience, with preference given to those who have 6-10 years of experience. Candidates must have excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills. Must have the ability to work responsibly with minimal supervision and the flexibility to travel, work weekends and evenings when necessary. The selected candidate must successfully pass the NCAA recruiting examination.
with Cascade Swim Club
*****THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED*******
The Executive Director-Head Coach is responsible for the leading coaching and overall program of Cascade Swim Club (CSC) in a manner consistent with the Board’s direction and agreed-on Club philosophy. This position is responsible for creating and executing a strategy for CSC’s continuing success for all levels of swimmers, and organizing a qualified coaching staff to conduct the swimming program. The Executive Director – Head Coach will have responsibility for coaching at least 1 practice group and performing administrative duties as assigned by the Board.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Develop, design and implement a coaching program that ensures consistent standards across the entire team, with emphasis on stroke technique, physical conditioning, and competitive success.
- Create appropriate training programs, and periodically evaluate and ensure that progress towards goals are made.
- Work closely with assistant coaches to develop an integrated and consistent program for age group and developmental swimmers with an emphasis on stroke technique.
- Help each swimmer develop short and long-range goals and motivate them to reach their goals.
- Develop strength and flexibility program for all practice groups as appropriate.
- Attend meets with Cascade Swim Club swimmers registered and be responsible for other coach(es) attending all other meets with Cascade swimmers. Ensure coaching staff is on deck at all meets
- Provide a time and/or opportunity for communication with parents and swimmers regarding personal goals and Cascade’s program.
- Be responsible for supervising, mentoring and evaluating the coaching staff.
- Be responsible for hiring and, if necessary, terminating coaching staff.
- Recruit qualified coaching staff, utilizing appropriate vehicles for advertising (e.g., PNs, website, etc.)
- Provide an annual evaluation no later than the end of April of each assistant coach utilizing written evaluation forms.
- Responsible for preparing the team schedule for workouts and meets for the year and keeping the Board abreast of any changes to the schedule.
- Negotiate with local Parks and Recreation Departments and pools for lane time.
- Retain full oversight for any administrative duties delegated to coaches.
- Attend all Board meetings and provide written recommended actions for Board consideration.
- Assist swimmers in researching and understanding potential collegiate swimming opportunities; and provide individualized written and/or verbal recommendations as requested and appropriate.
- Maintain positive and cooperative relations with all local, state, and national swimming organizations and community organizations, including local high school and summer league coaches
- Represent CASCADE at GSSA, PNS, King County Aquatics, and our Section of USA swimming by active participation in the LSC.
- Provide coach input and content to club communications as needed
- Work closely with the Board to ensure that all Club administrative activities are effectively carried out.
- Coordinate and/ or delegate administration of entries for swims meets.
- Work with the CSC Board of Directors to develop and carry out CSC policy per CSC handbook.
- Develop and supervise all stroke and turn work provided by coaching staff to promote high quality technical development of all swimmers.
- Establish frequent communications to team on a variety of topics such as updates, training tips, meet preparation, injury prevention, nutrition etc.
- Promote and maintain positive club morale and maintain club discipline.
- Maintain positive relationships with other teams, GSSA, PNS, and USA swimming.
- Strive to maximize the potential and development of each swimmer in a supportive atmosphere
- Will participate in Board initiated annual evaluation and mid-year check-ins of Executive Director- Head Coach job performance
- Attend at least one USA Swimming sponsored continuing education course annually. This will be paid for by the club.
- Minimum 7-10 years of Coaching experience
- ASCA Level 4 Certification or equivalent experience is strongly preferred
- Experience in building an organizational model, processes and inclusive culture that supports a multi-site operation
- Strong leader and developer of swimmers and coaches – both in and out of the water
- Proven track record for inspiring excellence at all skill levels with strong skills in development and motivational techniques
- Seasoned experience in designing, implementing and evolving training and conditioning programs to support multiple levels of athletes
- Strong skills in community building and outreach
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships within the aquatics community
- Solid planning and administration skills
- Certifications in Lifesaving, first aid, CPR
This is a year-round, full-time salaried position offering full benefits, with compensation based on qualifications and experience.