with Nittany Lion Aquatic Club
Qualifications and Requirements:
- USA Swimming coach certification. CPR, Coaches Safety, Athlete Protection, and Background Check.
- 3-5 years’ experience coaching competitive swimming.
- Proficient in Hy-Tek swimming software and Team Unify platform.
- Review, coordinate and supervise workouts and practices for all training groups. Personally coaching Senior Prep, Senior and/or Senior Blue training groups.
- Determine short- and long-course meet schedules with Board approval. Complete meet entry forms, travel with swimmers to meets or ensure the availability of other coaches at meets.
- Coordinate the staffing assignments of coaches ensuring all practice sessions and meets are adequately staffed in a manner consistent with budgetary constraints.
- Coordinate with the Manager of Aquatic Facilities at Penn State to ensure pool availability.
- Act as a liaison between NLAC and Middle Atlantic Swimming, attending pertinent Middle Atlantic meetings.
- Maintain NLAC’s Team Unify website, including disbursement of meet information and updating swimmers’ times.
- Maintain membership registration.
- In conjunction with Treasurer, bill and maintain record of payment.
- Attend NLAC Board meetings and report on the status of the team, staff, goals and objectives as well as hold an annual meeting with parents.
- Maintain a presence in the community to actively promote NLAC and recruit new membership.
- Work with Board and parents to generate fund raising events.
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with qualifications. NLAC provides full reimbursement for approved swim meet expenses as well as an educational fund. A contract will be offered.
with Fordham University
Fordham university: volunteer assistant
Fordham University invites applications for the position of Volunteer Assistant Coach, Men’s and Women’s Swimming, in the department of Athletics. Fordham University is an NCAA Division I institution and member of the Atlantic 10 Conference. On deck duties coaching and assists with the coaching of the overall program.
- Bachelor’s degree and related experience
- College/Club coaching experience and/or collegiate swimming experience
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Ability to coach student athletes in the sport of swimming
HOW TO APPLY
Send letter of interest, current resume and contact info for three references to [email protected]
441 E. Fordham Rd
Bronx, NY 10458
with Wichita Swim Club
Wichita Swim Club
Full Time Asst. Head Coach
The Wichita Swim Club (WSC) in Wichita, KS is seeking an experienced and qualified individual for the position of Full Time Asst. Head Coach.
Wichita Swim Club was formed in 1954 and has seen swimmers selected to US Olympic teams, the US Paralympic team, as well as many USA International teams. WSC has nearly 300 swimmers in its competitive programs and an average of 400-600 swimmers in its swim school program. WSC owns and operates its own 50 meter x 25 yard pool and facility on the campus of The Independent School, a private school in Wichita. Wichita is the largest city in the state of Kansas. It is often called the Air Capital of the world and is home to several large corporations. Wichita provides all of the amenities one would want from a large city, while maintaining a small community feel. It is a vibrant and growing community.
WSC is seeking an individual to be the lead coach for the National Prep squad (2nd highest in the program), lead an age group squad, and to be the Asst. to the Head Coach. In this role the candidate will be called upon for many administrative duties.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Seasonal plan and workout development /execution for the National Prep Squad
- Coaching other squads as assigned
- Attend swim meets as assigned 1-2 per month.
- Meet entries for assigned squads as well as compiling and submitting meet entries for WSC
- Monthly Staff Schedule Calendar
- Oversee Staff certifications
- Develop local clinics for High School and Summer League participants
- Assist Head Coach in training of Staff
- Assist Head Coach in yearly planning of program
- Assist Meet Director for hosted meets (6-8) per year doing much of the admin work for meet entries.
- Other duties as assigned
- All required USA Swimming certifications up to date including current background screening and athlete protection.
- ASCA level 3 certification preferred
- At least 5 years of coaching experience with a proven record of athlete improvement
- Experience with Team Unify and Hy-Tek meet manager
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health and dental plan for employee
with YMCA of Greater Toledo
Under the direction of the District Aquatics Director and in accordance with Association policies, the Ft. Meigs YMCA Aquatics/Swim Team Director is responsible for the management of the entire Aquatics Lifeguard Team for the Fort Meigs YMCA branch of the YMCA of Greater Toledo and the Perrysburg City pool. The Aquatics/Swim Team Director will also function as the head swim team coach for the Ft. Meigs YMCA. This position will lead the development and implementation of innovative curriculum and activities, supervising, guiding and developing staff to ensure that participant’s development occurs in a fun, healthy and safe environment, and ensuring program outcomes are consistently achieved.
The Aquatics Swim Team Director must be 21 years old, a high school graduate, certified Lifeguard with current CPR, First Aid, AED and O2 certificates. Demonstrate proven ability to display initiative, good judgment and ability to make decisions independently. Able to demonstrate written and verbal communication skills; public speaking, capacity to prepare reports, and conduct in-service programs. A minimum of two years of experience in coaching competitive swimming is a must. Possess competent computer skills in the Windows environment. Willing to learn the YMCA ThinSoft Program and continue the YMCA Leadership Model.
- Lead Branch Aquatics operations by providing direction, leadership, support, and efficiencies for team members through strategic planning, administrative standardization, registration, quality standards, and risk management according to the YMCA of Greater Toledo’s Aquatics Standards.
- Ensures that daily care of members, teens and families is a key priority by showing leadership towards staff and volunteers in accordance with the organization’s policies, mission and applicable laws at both the Ft Meigs YMCA and the Perrysburg Municipal Pool.
- Hire, supervise, train and evaluate aquatic staff.
- Prepare and conduct all in-services, trainings, and meetings.
- Schedule and supervise lifeguards and swim instructors. Fill in for absent staff as needed. Help to secure subs as necessary.
- Perform safety checks weekly and live drills as least 1 per month and other suggested Association Aquatics Audits.
- Will input and set up swim lesson schedules in computer system in a timely basis to ensure YMCA member’s ability to register as needed.
- Attend all branch weekly staff meetings.
- Assist the District Aquatics Director with payroll duties.
- Be responsible for the complete management of the swim team program including but not limited to coaching, training, and conditioning of the swim team members, meet entries, organizing parent volunteers and ensuring that the swim team program abides by all rules set by the YMCA of Greater Toledo, the YMCA of the USA, and USA Swimming.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Swim Team Parents Group.
- Classify competitive swimmers and assign them to competitive events at inter squad meets, dual meets, and YMCA invitational meets.
- Will provide leadership in coordinating the all pool schedules.
- Assist with equipment monitoring and ordering.
- Coordinate, communicate and conduct special pool events to YMCA members and staff.
- Work through the Y Improvement Model all tasks and objectives.
- Take an active leadership role in the Annual Campaign.
- Inspect the premises daily for any hazardous conditions and report any findings to the Property Manager and the Associate Executive Director.
- Assist in development and implementation of the Branch Aquatics program communication/marketing plan and strategies.
- Requires flexible hours to work evenings and weekends.
- Accountable to the District Aquatics Director for execution of policies and procedures of the Association.
- Serve as Assistant City Pool manager of the Perrysburg city pool operations including assisting in hiring, training and supervision of all lifeguards, swim instructors, and concessions staff.
- Assist in the Budgeting Process.
- Any other responsibilities deemed necessary by the Associate Executive Director and District Aquatics Director
with CYPRESS FAIRBANKS SWIM CLUB (Fleet)
Cypress Fairbanks Swim Club (CFSC), a 2017 USA-Swimming Silver Medal Club, is looking to bring on another full-time coach to our staff. CFSC is looking for an enthusiastic coach to assist with our expanding senior program, up through the National level. The successful candidate will be motivated and organized.
At least four years coaching experience, preferably with some experience at the senior level (age 15 and over with Junior Nationals). Collegiate swimming experience a plus;
Working knowledge of TeamUnify and OME;
Excellent time management skills, and experience coordinating logistics for team travel;
Excellent customer service and decision-making skills;
Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
with North Texas Nadadores
Head Coach Position available with the North Texas Nadadores in Southlake, Texas.
The North Texas Nadadores (NTN) is a USA Swimming Silver Medal Club, operated by Carroll Independent School District. NTN has 350 USA Swimming registered swimmers, along with a 125+ stroke team feeder program, and a learn-to-swim program. NTN practices at the indoor Southlake Carroll Aquatic Center, (50 meters by 25 yards).
NTN brings in a rich history of aquatic excellence and works closely in a highly cooperative nature with the top high school swimming and diving program in the state and country. The cooperative nature of the two programs yields some of the best athletes in each program including the Boys public school NISCA Power-Point National Champions for the last three years and Boys UIL State Champions for the last seven years in a row. The girls program won the NISCA Power-Point overall National Champions in 2012 and were State UIL champions in 2012 & 2013. The NTN is looking for a coach with a cooperative spirit and has goals for complimenting both programs as a whole.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate!
This is a full-time position with school district benefits and options to enroll in individual health and retirement benefits. The right applicant should possess the following:
- ASCA Level 4 or higher certification
- Current Coach Member in good standing with USA Swimming (background, CPR, First Aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches)
- 5+ years swim coaching experience
- Proven success coaching Novice through Championship, Age Group Swimmers (5 to 19 yrs. old)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Cooperative and respectful communication style with swimmers, parents and co-workers
- Strong core values that include respect, trust and integrity
- Ability to provide consistent, positive motivation to primary ages of 14 to 19 yrs. old
- Recognition of the value of every swimmer and the “developmental” nature of Age Group kids.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Well-versed in Team Unify, Hy-Tek Team Manager and Meet Manager
- Passion and enthusiasm for competitive swimming and a “desire to excel” professionally.
Compensation is based on experience. Professional membership and extra coaching education provided.
We are currently accepting applications at the Carroll ISD Aquatic Center web-site (www.southlakecarroll.edu). For more information on our NTN team, visit our club web-site at www.ntnadadores.com. Direct questions to Charles Logan, Aquatics Manager Carroll ISD at, [email protected].
Position will remain open until filled.
Position will remain open until filled.
with Freehold-Old Bridge YMCA Swim Team
The Freehold-Old Bridge YMCA (FOBY) swim team is hiring part-time swim coaches for it’s age group program. Up to 20 hours a week is available Monday-Friday 4:30-8:30 pm including weekend meets. Experience as a swim instructor, competitive swimming and or coaching desired.
with California Capital Aquatics
******THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED**********
California Capital Aquatics (CCA) in Roseville, CA is excited to announce that we are beginning our search to hire a Director of Competitive Development! This position will be our staff member who helps introduce CCA and USA Swimming to our newer swim families. This position will require strong teaching and communication skills, broad knowledge of USA Swimming and the difference families will experience transitioning from seasonal swimming, the ability to organize and co-manage other CCA programs (Pre-Team/Fall Program), and most importantly the ability to show how swimming can be FUN!
-Setting the curriculum for our Blue, White and Pre-White programs
– Maintain a training database (test sets, training averages, season plans) that can be shared with the coaching staff
– Work with the Head Coach and Head Age Group Coach to develop and promote additional CCA programs (Pre-Team Program, Fall Programs, clinics)
– Attend all meets where Blue/White/Pre-White groups participate
– Promote a positive relationship with local seasonal teams
– Work with our Membership Coordinator to develop an education curriculum for our newer members
– Attend staff meetings/clinics as directed by Head Coach
– Consistently and effectively communicate to swimmers, membership, and staff to create a cohesive team atmosphere at CCA
– Educate families about volunteering opportunities both for CCA and Sierra Nevada Swimming (Officials, Zones, etc.).
– Management of assistant coaches who work with Blue/White/Pre-White programs.
– Organize a regular tryout schedule/system and coordinate scheduling with CCA Membership Director and Head Age Group Coach
– 25 to 30 hours a week plus required meets (between approximately 4:30-8:15pm M-F)
– Member in good standing with USA Swimming and current on all background checks and certifications
– Current ASCA Member (Level 2+ or higher)
– Strong and consistent communication with staff and membership (weekly emails, updates to website)
– Complete administrative tasks in a timely manner as directed by Head Coach/ Head Age Group Coach
– Familiarity with Team Unify and other swimming related software
– 5+ Years of USA Coaching Experience
– Personal Competitive Swimming Background (USA Swimming/ College Swimming)
– Dryland Coaching Experience
– Experience with GoPro Video/Software
– Public Speaking experience/ Education experience (running a classroom setting)
Compensation: Starting at $33,000 for those meeting minimum requirements, additional compensation possible based on experience and skill set of the selected candidate. Additional benefits include retirement, reimbursement for travel expenses and coach education costs, and overtime. This a non-exempt position. Anticipated start date would be Friday, August 25th.
Additional information: Qualified/interested candidates may have opportunities to be involved in coaching positions with local high schools for additional compensation.
with TAC TITANS
The primary responsibility of these position is to create, and implement a comprehensive, high-performance training program for the TAC TITANS Elite and Challenge Track age-group swimmers in alignment with the Triangle Aquatic Center and the TAC TITANS missions. Program development includes athlete leadership development as well as competitive development within an aligned coaching philosophy that will meet the needs of all athletes competing at the highest level as well as providing a clear pathway for younger, developing swimmers. The secondary responsibility of this position is to grow the TAC TITANS swim team measured by swimmer registration, retention and performance recognition.
The TAC TITANS are a fast growing and successful team as they recently won both the 2017 North Carolina State Short and Long course age group championships. The TITANS are located in Cary, North Carolina. This Triangle Region of North Carolina is consistently recognized as the best place for business and the best place to live, work and play in the country. It is home to Raleigh, the capital of NC and three highly recognized universities, Duke, UNC-Chapel Hill and NC State. The Triangle is a prosperous community of nearly 2 Million people with 44% earning a college degree. The Triangle Aquatic Center is geographically centered in the heart of the Triangle. TAC is a 72,000 sf public aquatic facility with a 50-meter pool, a 10-lane 25-yard pool, an instruction pool, stadium seating, store and café.
Salary/hourly wage determined based on prior experience
with Rochester Rapids Swim Team
Rochester Rapids Seeks New Head Coach
The Rochester Rapids Swim Team -member of the Niagara district of USA swimming and the Genesee Valley Swim League of Rochester- seeks a head coach for their year-round, competitive swim team. Our team offers high-quality professional coaching and technique instruction for all ages and abilities. Our swimmers train at the Adams Street Recreation Center, in Rochester, NY and the 50m Genesee Valley Park Pool during the summer months.
RRST is a fun, family oriented club committed to building and supporting strong swimmers with strong character. Our team provides every member an opportunity to improve swimming skills and achieve success at their own level of ability, from novice to national competitor. Our program is unique in that its mission involves promoting competitive swimming to urban youth. The city of Rochester City sponsors the team through generous grants and provides scholarships to ensure that any child in the city that wants to swim competitively has the opportunity to do so. RRST takes great pride in supporting diversity and its outreach mission to the Rochester community.
Successful candidates must demonstrate 1) a passion for swimming, 2) the willingness to conduct practice in accordance to the RRST beliefs and values, and 3) a commitment to mentoring our swimmers in pursuit of their desired goals. Also, previous coaching experience, as well as solid leadership, communication, and organizational skills are requirements of the position. Upon hiring, candidates must have their USA Swimming Coaching certification (including Water Safety for Swim Coaches, Standard First Aid, and CPR) and pass a standard background check. Experience in education and/or work within urban communities is desired.
This head coaching position is part-time, but salaried (12-20 hours/week) with compensation commensurate with experience.
with SWMKE, LLC
with Germantown Swim Team Parent Association
Jackson Gators is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Coach/Head Site Coach. Jackson Gators is a satellite program connected to Germantown Swim Team which is located in Memphis, Tennessee. We are an age-group based program with approximately 50 swimmers ages 5 and up, from the beginning swimmer to the Junior National level. The swim team is the only team in Jackson and has tremendous potential for growth. The closest teams to the satellite program are over 80 miles away.
The position is a full-time position heading up our satellite program and will involve coaching and/or overseeing all groups, as well as developing and implementing a dry-land program, administrative responsibilities and oversight of the entire site and coaching staff. Pay will be based on experience but additional income opportunities are available by establishing and running programs like a Masters group.
Potential candidates should understand the importance of educating swimmers and families about the roles and value of technical excellence, commitment, and competition in high-level performance. Applicants should have a competitive swimming background and at least 1-3 years coaching experience, strong organizational and seasonal planning skills, the ability to communicate effectively with swimmers and parents and the ability to lead, support, and follow depending on the situation. A working knowledge of Hytek Team Manager, Meet Manager,Team Unify and EXCEL is beneficial. All applicants must have or be in the process of getting these certifications: CPR, First Aid and Coaches Safety Training. Potential candidates will also have to have passed or be able to pass USA Swimming background check and the athlete protection program.
This job is perfect for that coach looking for his/her first Head Coaching position.
– Job will remain open until filled
– Pay is competitive and will be commensurate with experience
– Start Date: As soon as possible
with JCCNS Sea Serpents
Job Title: Assistant Swim Team Coach
Hours: Part Time or Full Time Hours available for the right candidate
Supervisor: Head Swim Coach
FLSA status: Non exempt
Rate: $15.00 – $20.00 per hour
The JCCNS Sea Serpents is a fast growing year-round team with over 100+ swimmers which was founded in 2012. We compete in both USA swimming and in the JCC Swim League. This past season we had multiple top ten swimmers as well as a Zone Qualifier.
- Experience as a competitive swimmer
- Experience working with kids ranging in age from 6 to 18
- Knowledge of proper stroke technique and progressions
- USA Swimming Coach Certification or willing to obtain before first swim meet
- Prior experience coaching and/or teaching swimming desired but not required
- Willing to train the right candidate
To assist the Head Swim Coach in meet entries, team communications and season planning. This position will be responsible for assisting in the coaching of two groups of the swim team, planning practices and attending weekend swim meets when assigned.
- Plan practices when assigned
- Act as a role model with professionalism and integrity at all times
- Continue to improve teaching and coaching skills
- Potential Additional Opportunities for Full Time employment: Lifeguarding, Teaching Lessons & Coaching our Masters Swim Team
- Attend weekend USA and Dual meets home and away when assigned
Come join a great group of people to work with.
with University of Denver
The University of Denver has a proud athletic tradition that compliments the school’s academic endeavors. In its history, DU has won 32 national championships and enables student-athletes to compete on 17 Division 1 teams. The Pioneers pursue championships, excel academically, and represent both the University and their respective conferences to the best of their abilities.
The University of Denver is looking to hire two Assistant Coach/Associate Head Coaches depending on experience. The Assistant/Associate Head Coach assists the Head Coach in the administration of all aspects of the sport program including coaching, recruiting, contest scheduling, supervising sports personnel, budget management, student-athlete mentoring, and ensuring program compliance with NCAA, Conference, and University rules and regulations.
- Achieve a high level of competency in sport skill instruction, motivation, and conduct of practice sessions under the direction of the Head Coach.
- Provide effective sport instruction and feedback during contests.
- Recruit student-athletes effectively under the direction of the Head Coach.
- Exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to NCAA, Conference, University, and the Department of Athletics and Recreations Code of Ethics.
- Achieve competitive results that demonstrate athletic excellence.
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in the social, emotional, academic development, as well as the athletic welfare of student-athletes.
- Demonstrate excelling writing, speaking, and listening abilities.
- Exhibit supportive and cooperative behavior in pursuing sport program goals established by the Head Coach.
- Exhibit leadership and professional behavior in dealing with student-athletes.
- Complete all assignments made by the Head Coach including but not limited to: budget management, contest scheduling, practice planning, travel arrangement, and monitoring study tables.
- Participate in continuing education conferences, workshops, or meetings to increase professional skills and knowledge.
- Contribute to the maintenance of good working relationships with all members of the Division.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Athletics and Recreation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations with demonstrated exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to support high academic standards and to motivate students.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of coaching experience collegiately and/or 3-5 years working with national level athletes at the club or high school level.
- Experience with the collegiate recruiting process.
- Administrative experience in running collegiate, club or high school swimming.
- Experience with budget development and management.
- Master’s degree.
- Demonstrated success/experience with athletes at the national/international level/NCAA championships (I, II or III).
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Tuesday, August 9, 2017.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.
Greater Nebraska Swim Team (GNST) is seeking a team administrator to organize all facets of team communication and clerical duties during the swim season. This position is essential to our organization to alleviate the administrative burden on our coaches, in order to allow them to focus on their main priority, our swimmers
The team administrator works directly with coaches to plan the season with responsibilities including:
• Open and keep track of team registration and new swimmer nights throughout the season, USA Swimming registration, pool reservations
• Work with team bookkeeper for team billing and other duties assigned to keep the team running smoothly.
• Communicate regularly with parents throughout the season via email, in person, and by phone, along with assisting swim team leadership staff with their roles and responsibilities.
• Maintain the GNST Team Unify website, coordinate meet entries with our coaching staff, organizing our swim meets with the meet director, and organize and coordinate any new team programs, as directed.(10-12 Hours Per Week)