with Fitter and Faster
The key responsibility for the Registration Sales Managers is to make sure that all competitive swimmers and coaches in communities throughout the USA and Canada know about upcoming clinics – and that they sign up.
Please take a look at the full job description for this position. https://fitterandfaster.com/career/registration-sales-manager/
Submit your resume and cover letter here: https://fitterandfaster.com/contact-us/
with Kishwaukee YMCA/DeKalb County Swim Team
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Head Coach, the Head Age Group Coach will support the development, organization, and implementation of a high-quality YMCA/DCST swim team program.
- Coaches DCST swim team members, 12 years of age and under, in competitive swimming/strength development techniques.
- Assists with other swim team member age groups as necessary.
- Supports DCST activities to meet YMCA objectives, standards, and guidelines.
- Supports collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Supports member connections through the DCST programs.
- Remains current in all YMCA swim team requirements, certifications, and guidelines.
- Writes swim team practices and assists in Stroke Clinic.
- Creates swim meet line-ups and provides supervision at swim meets.
- Communicates with parents.
- Provides swim team members with progress evaluations.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information, including: creation and production of materials
- Establish and maintain social media platforms, team website, meet management and team management software programs
- Assist in maintenance of program guide
- Writes newspaper articles for website, social media, and print
- Promotes fundraising and membership, in accordance with team’s strategic plan.
- Collect team fees
- Involved in team functions including the organization of volunteers, setup for swim meets, and season ending banquets
- Maintains records, rosters, spreadsheets, coach’s certifications, and record board and meet participation
- Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Participates in staff meetings and/or related meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by DCST Head Coach
with Aqua Lung America
|Aqua Lung America, Inc. specializes in the development, manufacture and distribution of scuba diving, water-safety, personal fitness and recreational products. We are looking for a talented individual who can support our marketing efforts. Our brands include: Aqua Lung, Aqua Sphere, MP Michael Phelps, Omer, Stohlquist, and U.S. Divers.
The Swim Marketing Specialist will work closely with the marketing and sales teams to manage the US marketing initiatives in our Swim business segment. Primary responsibilities will include creating and maintaining detailed marketing calendars to efficiently execute global marketing strategies and product launches within the US market, coordinating between graphic design, marketing, product, and sales teams to create needed marketing deliverables for product launches and marketing campaigns, and be the resident swim marketing expert for the US market. Additional responsibilities include: Brand activation, overseeing industry trade shows and grassroot events, photo shoot logistics, development of sales support tools, athlete and ambassador management, promotional and point of purchase campaigns for local market, social media channel management, field execution of marketing programs and daily administrative tasks. This position involves a high degree of collaboration and coordination between the marketing, product, graphics design and sales teams. The ideal candidate will have strong organization skills and demonstrate the ability to multitask while building respect and trust with others in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Candidate must demonstrate the ability to:
~Aqua Lung America, Inc. (AQA) is an equal opportunity employer.
~We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
~AQA participates in the United States Department of Homeland Security’s E-Verify program.
~AQA promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment.
with PSRP - PANTHERS
The Aquatics Department at Bay Club Redwood Shores, A Bay Club Property, is currently seeking a motivated and ambitious Head Swim Coach. Under the direction of the Aquatics Director and Director of Competitive Swimming, the Head Panthers Swim Coach is responsible for managing and coaching the year round USA swim team; maintaining a safe and effective learning environment while focusing on the fulfillment of clients’ swimming goals; achieving personal revenue goals; and providing the best customer service and hospitality to members and guests.
- Provide coaching for swim team; provide specific and corrective feedback to each swimmer at each session
- Design and deliver effective, consistent, and rewarding season plan and daily workouts
- Recruit new swimmers to join swim team
- Collaborate with other Bay Club Head Coaches, delivering a consistent, team oriented program
- Actively participate in events, programs meetings and trainings
- Help keep pool deck clean, safe and organized
- Follow all safety procedures and precautions
- Current USA Swimming Coach Certified
- ASCA Certified
- Current Red Cross Lifeguarding, CPR, AED & First Aid certifications and or Swim Coach Safety Training
- Experience in Competitive Swimming as a participant or a coach
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, and sales techniques
- Knowledge of water hazards, lifesaving techniques and first aid, recognize hazardous situations, and adopt effective courses of action
- Requires proficient swimming ability and the proper application of rescue and first-aid techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills
Hours: Will vary.
- Work is typically performed outdoors in varying and occasionally extreme (hot) weather conditions.
- Ability to arrive at work on time for all scheduled work shifts required. Ability to work weekends, evenings, and holidays required.
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and readily able to adjust to changes in work environment.
- Position requires daily public contact.
- Must be able to work in a hot environment
- Must occasionally sit for extended periods and regularly walk around the facility
- Mobility around and in the pool.
with Temecula Tritons Swim Club
Position: Associate Coach
Salary based on experience
Temecula Tritons Swim Club is currently seeking an associate coach for elite level Age Group and Senior swimmers.
Interested candidates should have a passion for the sport, experience with competitive swimming and coaching, excellent communication skills, as well as a strong work ethic and eagerness to learn and grow as a coach and professional. Applicants must have all certifications up to date. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic reliable individual who can not only lead the swimmers but also work well with others. Great organizational skills and time management are essential.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Coaching all levels of age group swimmers with a focus on technique and development
* Work with Head Coach to create and implement season plans, prepare meet and practice schedules, and schedule tryouts and substitute coaches
* Attend swim meets
* Knowledge on running TeamUnify and Meet Manager.
* Communicate consistently and effectively with team membership and other team administrative duties
* Office hours
with Illinois Tech
|The Illinois Tech Swimming and Diving program is currently seeking a Part-Time Assistant Swimming Coach. This position will serve both the Men’s and Women’s teams and will report directly to the Head Coach.The position is part-time, with an expected contribution of approximately 20 hours per week over the course of the 2018-19 academic year (approximately 40 weeks). Pay is commensurate with experience.
Primary duties will include:
1. Assisting with the writing and conducting of daily workouts, Monday through Friday mornings. Both individual and team instruction.
2. Providing support for collegiate student-athletes from various swimming backgrounds. Assist in the coaching and evaluating of student-athletes.
3. Aid in running home swim meets.
4. Travel with team for away swim meets.
5. Assisting in the recruitment and retention of top-quality student-athletes during the academic year. 6. Working well and compatibly with entire coaching staff
7. Other duties as assigned by Head Coach or Athletic Director
Collegiate swimming experience and coaching experience at any level for one or more years preferred.
Position begins as early as August 15, 2018. Season begins on September 17, 2018.
|Collegiate swimming or collegiate coaching experience required.
1-3 years of swim coaching experience at any level is preferred.
Familiarity with NCAA Division III rules and recruiting guidelines is required.
with Robert K. Fox Family Y
The Robert K Fox. Family YMCA of the Lancaster and Fairfield County is actively seeking a Head Coach to lead and grow our swim program. The ideal candidate will be able to work hand in hand with our parent board, hire, lead and manage our age group staff. The Head Coach should be ready to continue our success with national level swimmers and help develop our future swimmers.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- The successful candidate in this position will possess strong communication and program developmental skills, be outgoing, a self-starter, and be able to multi-task.
- Up to date in YMCA and USA coaching credentials preferred, or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- Lifeguarding and be CPR/First Aid/AED certified or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- Proficiency in Hy-Tek and Team Unify.
- Must possess the knowledge and ability to teach all competitive strokes, rules and regulations to team members.
- Must be able to plan practice sessions and swim meets, bring creative programming ideas to the team, maintain equipment and show a responsible attitude toward the team.
- Must adhere to established YMCA Youth Sports philosophies, goals and objectives.
- In addition to the above requirements, it is expected that the Head Swim Coach will bring to his/her position maturity, responsibility, positive values and sincere interest in working with people and shaping young athletes.
Employee must possess a valid driver’s license, have reliable transportation.
Reference checks, criminal history background check, Sex Offender Registry check required for all hired applicants.
Pay: Will be competitive based on experience up to full time.
with Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
While pursuing graduate studies, the Graduate Assistant will be assigned duties as an Assistant Coach of Men’s and Women’s Swimming. Responsibilities include planning and implementing practices, mentoring student-athletes, recruiting, adhering to HCAC and NCAA rules, and other duties as assigned by the head coach.
Graduate programs are available at Indiana State University.
Bachelor’s degree. Proven success in coaching swimming and/or collegiate level swimming experience. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Strong knowledge of swimming. Preference may be given to candidates who desire a career in coaching. The GA must be admitted to the ISU Graduate School as a condition of employment.
LENGTH OF APPOINTMENT:
The Graduate Assistant will be on a two-year academic program to complete a Masters Degree.
A stipend, on campus meals, and graduate tuition at Indiana State University are available to the successful candidate.
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants with disabilities should request, in advance, any accommodation in order to participate more fully in the application process.
with Washington and Jefferson College
The Washington & Jefferson College (W&J) Department of Athletics offers coaching internships to
provide a hands-on learning experience with a NCAA Division III sports organization. The W&J athletic
internship program is an excellent step toward a coaching career in a number of different sports.
The internship provides a stipend, housing, and a meal stipend. Opportunity available in the sport of
Swimming & Diving. This opportunity will begin August 2018.
The program’s objective is to use the college’s NCAA Division III sports to give aspiring coaches
opportunities to observe and learn about the many aspects of coaching at the collegiate level.
The program will educate interns on specific aspects of the duties of a head coach, including recruiting
(approximately 30 percent), practice planning (approximately 10 percent), on-field instruction
(approximately 40 percent) and video editing and other assigned duties (approximately 10 percent).
Working directly with a seasoned, veteran head coach will provide the intern with an opportunity to
observe on-field and off-field coaching from “the front row,” to develop personal ideas and coaching
methods and to learn the rules and regulations applicable to recruiting at the NCAA Division III level.
The program provides the opportunity to gain exposure on a highly-competitive NCAA Division III
coaching staff, while increasing marketability to a future employer.
The intern will have the ability to be exposed to resume-building situations while developing coaching
concepts and principles. Hands-on opportunities to work with equipment and technology offered by
the college will also enhance the experience. In addition, the intern will have the opportunity to be
exposed to the administrative side of the athletic department through experiences with game
management, facility coordination and working with the college’s Student Athlete Advisory Council.
The head coach is the intern’s primary supervisor. The intern will also be evaluated by the Director of
with West Hollywood Aquatics
Regular on-deck coaching and support of the Head Coach in the implementation of team direction and goals.
Provide constructive feedback to each swimmer helping them to reach their potential.
Participate team functions and events, competitive or social
Coaching approx. 2-3, 1.5 hour practices per week.
Minimum 1 + years prior coaching experience as a USA Swimming certified coach or US Masters Coach
Passion for competitive swimming and a “desire to excel” professionally.
Opportunities for additional income. Pay commensurate with experience.
About our organization: West Hollywood Aquatics is a masters swimming and water polo team founded in 1982 with approximately 180 members. Our team currently offers 14 swim workouts a week with a membership that includes competitive as well as recreational swimmers. We were founded in the Southern California city of West Hollywood as an organization training for the first Gay Games and currently have an inclusive and diverse membership spanning across the Los Angeles area.
with Southern Methodist University
|The Assistant Coach is responsible for teaching, coaching, evaluating, and working with student-athletes in men’s swimming.|
Education and Experience:
|Bachelor’s degree is required.
A minimum of one year of swimming coaching experience is required, preferably at a collegiate level. Experience as an athlete is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
|Candidates must have a clear understanding of NCAA and American Athletic Conference rules with regards to recruiting, financial aid, and eligibility.
Candidate must demonstrate strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to build relationships with a wide range of constituencies. Must also demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in writing. A strong customer service orientation is essential.
Candidate must possess strong organizational, planning and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks. A strong focus on attention to detail is essential.
Candidate must demonstrate strong problem solving skills with the ability to identify, analyze problems and devise solutions. Strong project management skills are essential.
CPR, First Aid, and Coaches Safety Training necessary to be a NCAA coach are required.
Candidate must have a strong working knowledge of MS Office. Knowledge of HyTek Meet Manager is preferred.
Deadline to Apply:
|June 29, 2018|
|SMU will not discriminate in any program or activity on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity and expression. The Executive Director for Access and Equity/Title IX Coordinator is designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies and may be reached at the Perkins Administration Building, Room 204, 6425 Boaz Lane, Dallas, TX 75205, 214-768-3601, [email protected].|
with Bryn Mawr College
Responsibilities: The Head Swim Coach is responsible for organizing and administering all phases of the swim program, including but not limited to: scholar-athlete skill and leadership development, the recruitment of outstanding scholar-athletes, practice organization, meet day coaching, budget management, scheduling and supervision of assistant coach. Teaching in the physical education curriculum is also expected. The Head Swim Coach will administer all aspects of the swim proficiency test, a graduation requirement. An appreciation and understanding of the role athletics and physical education play in a rigorous academic setting is essential. As the aquatics director, the successful candidate will manage all aspects of the pool including (not limited to) hiring lifeguards, overseeing the facility and organizing outside groups.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED certification is required; master’s degree is preferred. Demonstrated coaching, recruiting and teaching experience are required. All candidates should possess an understanding of the role physical education and athletics play in a rigorous academic setting and an ability to identify and attract outstanding students to the College.
Salary and Start Date: Faculty rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications. Initial appointment is for one year; after a successful review, reappointment is for three-year periods. Position is available beginning August 1, 2018.
with Patriot Aquatic Club
– Assist Head Coach in the creation of season plans for all senior levels
– Assist Head Coach in developing team drill progression
– Plan workouts for all assigned senior groups
– Assist Head Coach in planning and implementing senior level group dryland workouts; supervise athletes during sessions
– Represent Patriot Aquatic Club respectfully
– Assist Head Coach with meet management operations
– Attend meets as requested by Head Coach (Local and travel meets).
– Assists athletes in setting, assessing, and monitoring ongoing season goals
– Possess basic knowledge on multiple social media platforms and how to use them
– Other duties as assigned
– Full Time, 40hr/week, Health Benefits
with Northwest Arkansas Aquatic Club
- Establish an environment that fosters positive team attitudes and encourages self-discipline, sportsmanship, responsibility and constructive feedback.
- Positive, motivating, and energetic attitude with a passion for the sport and a desire for excellence in all areas of the program
- Timely & professional communication (written & verbal) with coaches, parents and swimmers.
- Send a weekly email with a schedule and events to the senior group.
- Send a monthly newsletter to team with a schedule and events.
- Develop and maintain seasonal and quadrennial plans for the progression of our age group program and develop innovative techniques that show success and improvement. (This includes yardage andtechnique progressions, as well as how the groups are being challenged through competition and differentiated for movement up the team roster groups).
- Develop and implement team and individual goals with the swimmers and the and monitor the progression of the athletes and team in reaching these goals.
- Design swimming and dryland curricula for all NWAA roster levels to promote stroke development and physical conditioning appropriate for the athletes’ current level of fitness and physical/emotional development, while maintaining an appropriate level of challenge necessary to produce improvement in speed, fitness, and progression to the next team roster level.
- Provide social/emotional support for athletes and differentiated programming to meet each athlete’s needs.
- Lead coach responsibility for 1 to 2 practice groups
- Coach and provide input for all training levels on a weekly basis.
- Attend all scheduled meets; in the case of meet conflicts, attends the highest-level competitions. At all meets, coach and assist all age group levels.
- Establishing the fundamental philosophy, skills and techniques to be taught by staff and supervise all staff in the implementation of their duties.
- Implementing a vision for developing the membership of NWAA swimming
- Be a strong advocate for the sport of competitive swimming.
- Connecting our senior swimmers with colleges and universities and assisting families in making their child’s goal of swimming at the post-secondary level a reality.
- Select appropriate schedule of seasonal competitions
- Demonstrate willingness to communicate with parents to help swimmers achieve their goals
- Responsible for strategic planning such as managing group size, staffing, and determining whether changes need to be implemented for the best of NWAA.
- Plan & manage senior travel trips
- Experience in bidding for and organizing LSC championship meets
- Be willing to follow directives from board
- Passionate about swimming and working with kids
- Demonstrate a cooperative, responsive and respectful communication style with swimmers, parents, community members, staff, and Board.
- Maintain professional standard of safety, appearance and readiness.
- Oversee all aspects of daily club operation in support of swimmers, membership, team mission and values
- Effectively supervise and delegate responsibilities for a staff of 3-6 coaches. This includes practices as well as meets.
- Practice continuous improvement and professional development for self and assistant coaches; work to achieve next level of certification.
- Oversee all aspects of daily club operation in support of the swimmers, membership, and team mission and values. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are a must.
- Prepare and present monthly Coach’s Report at Board of Directors’ meeting.
- Conduct bi-monthly staff meeting with assistant coaches.
- Communicate with other teams and/or LSC regarding meet participation and entries.
- Maintain and update website information regarding practice schedules, meet entries, news, etc.
- Various administrative functions such as pool scheduling.
- Participate in monthly Board meetings.
- Work with the Board to ensure club mission, vision and values are achieved.
- Act as a team representative while attending LSC meetings.
- Maintain accurate records of individuals and relay performances, meet participation, practice attendance and more.
- Maintain professional standard of safety, appearance and readiness.
- Help facilitate and participate in club fundraisers and social events.
- Strong track record as an outstanding technical swim coach with demonstrated leadership and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 10 yrs. Coaching experience.
- ASCA level 4 or 5 preferred, will consider strong candidates with ASCA level 3 with ability to coach swimmers beyond the National level.
- Advanced experience coaching various ages and skill levels in a competitive environment
- Current member in good standing of USA Swimming
- Must be CPR/AED certified and maintain current coaching certification
- Experienced with Team Unify and HY-TEK as well as Word, Excel and Power Point
- Strong track record as an outstanding technical swim coach with demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- High-level swimming experience at the club and or collegiate level.
- Ability to set and achieve individual and team goals and encourage others to do the same.
- This is a year-round, salaried position with opportunity for performance-based incentives. Salary will be competetive with qualifications and experience.
A complete application consists of:
- Letter of application detailing relevant experience and how the applicant is prepared to fulfill the responsibilities of the position
- Statement describing the applicant’s coaching philosophy
- Current resume
- List of three current references with contact information
- Salary expectations
75-80K with bonus and incentives
with Central Iowa Aquatics
Central Iowa Aquatics (Des Moines, IA) is seeking 1-2 coaches to work mostly with swimmers ages 12 & Younger and occasionally with the High-Performance groups. CIA is the leading swim program in Iowa, a Bronze Medal Club and is a nationally recognized team for competitive swimming excellence.
The Coach will be responsible for approximately 5-15 hours of on-deck coaching per week, attend coaches meetings and include an occasional swim meet on the weekend. This coach will work alongside the other staff to provide a safe, fun and instructional environment for every group they coach. All team rules need to be followed and upheld at all times.
- Coaching experience and/or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level.
- Strong communication, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Desire & passion for developing swimmers of all ages.
- Expertise in current technique development and training methodologies or willing to learn.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated team player.
- Minimum of ASCA Level 1 Certification or comparable.