with McKendree Univeristy
McKendree University is seeking a highly motivated and energetic individual to serve as a graduate assistant for the McKendree Bearcat Diving teams at is Lebanon, Illinois campus. This individual will serve as the Diving Coach for both the men’s and women’s programs. McKendree is a member of the Great Lakes Valley Conference (GLVC) and competes as an NCAA Division ll program.
Swimming and Diving began its inaugural season in the fall of 2016-17. Now the programs are nationally ranked and in the upper half of GLVC standings. The McKendree Metro Rec Plex opened in January of 2007 and houses an aquatics center for swimming and diving and water polo, and two sheets of ice for hockey. The main pool contains two one-meter boards, two three-meter boards, and a five-meter platform.
The graduate assistant will plan and execute the training for diving teams in and out of the pool, and assist the Head Swim coach with administrative duties as assigned, including but not limited to monitoring of academic progress of student-athletes, recruiting, fundraising, planning of team travel, and assisting with home meets.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and acceptance into a Master’s program at McKendree University is required.
with TEAM Eugene Aquatics
TEAM Eugene Aquatics has an opening for an experienced and enthusiastic head senior-coach for our year-round competitive swim team. TEAM is a non-profit, board-governed, coach-lead swim team. Our senior swimmers train primarily out of the University of Oregon Rec Center; however, TEAM also runs practices at 4 other locations. TEAM’s goal is to compete at the highest state/regional/national level. Applicants must pass a background check with USA Swimming, complete the USA Swimming head coach requirements, and have competitive coaching and swimming experience, in order to apply.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Developing and providing oversight of the Senior Training, including a dryland program
- Motivating swimmers to compete at their best and over the long term
- Helping swimmers to set and achieve their goals
- Developing swimmers’ leadership skills and work ethic
- Establishing and maintaining regular and timely communication with swimmers, parents, other coaches, and the Executive Director
- Implementing and participating in TEAM camps, training trips, travel trips, and TEAM activities
The Ideal Candidate Has:
- Minimum of 10 years of coaching experience with a competitive swim team
- An impeccable understanding of swim stroke mechanics
- ASCA Level 3-5 certification
- Personal experience in competitive swimming at the college, high school, and club level
- Track record of swimmer retention and recruitment
- Track record of swimmer development at the national level
- Ability and desire to work with parents as part of swimmer development
- Experience using social media tools, and Team Unify Software
- Salary Range: $42K-$75K, starting salary based on experience and qualifications
- Salary increase available at 6 months and yearly review based on retention, recruitment, and national level development
- Relocation reimbursement is negotiable
with Pennsylvania State University
Assistant Coach, Mens and Women’s Swimming
Penn State Intercollegiate Athletics, a Division I and Big Ten Conference Institution, is seeking an Assistant Coach for the Men’s and Women’s Swimming program. The Assistant is responsible to the Head Coach for assisting in all aspects of the Men’s and Women’s Swimming program. Responsibilities include recruiting, coaching, developing, motivating, and evaluating academically and athletically qualified student athletes all in compliance with NCAA, Big 10, and Penn State University policies and procedures. Other specific responsibilities include ensuring compliance with appropriate administrative processes pertaining to team travel, recruiting travel, budget, student-athlete eligibility and academic progress; alumni relations; participate in fundraising and community service efforts, as appropriate and assigned; and assist in the coordination with appropriate Communications staff to provide pertinent information to media outlets and in preparing related web-based and written materials. Commitment to comply fully with the mission statements of the University and Department, including Penn State Intercollegiate Athletics vision to prepare students for a lifetime of impact. This job will be filled as a level 2, or level 3, depending upon the successful candidate’s competencies, education, and experience. Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher plus one year of related experience for a level 2. Additional experience and/or education and competencies are required for higher level jobs. Recent Division 1 coaching and/or playing experience preferred. This is a fixed-term appointment funded for one year from date of hire with excellent possibility of re-funding.
Apply online at https://apptrkr.com/1422411
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
with Seattle Parks & Recreation
Seattle Parks & Recreation is recruiting an Aquatics Manager with experience operating public aquatic facilities; swimming pools, swimming beaches and small craft facilities. There are two main recruiting objectives for this position – the Department is looking for someone who will maintain a focus on the safe operations of our aquatic facilities while ensuring the safety for participants and user. Equally important, we are recruiting someone with ability to increase and expand the diverse participation and usership of aquatic programs and facilities.
The position reports to the Recreation Division Director, the Aquatics Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and supervising 14 direct reports and 2 seasonal staff who operate public swimming pools and small craft centers. The Aquatics Manager is indirectly responsible for 72 full- time year-round staff and as many as 400 summer lifeguards and temporary intermittent staff. The annual budget for these operations is roughly $10 million. This position manages 8 indoor pools, 2 outdoor pools, 25 wading pools, 11 spray parks, 2 Rowing and Sailing Centers, 7 boat ramps and 9 lifeguarded summer beaches.
The Aquatics Manager will be responsible to manage day to day operations while developing strategies to increase the use of our public pools and aquatic programs for underserved communities; immigrant/refugees, and people from diverse backgrounds.
The position manages daily operations at all aquatics facilities, and ensure that all safety, health, and maintenance protocols are consistently enforced.
Manages and supervises subordinate supervisor with total direct and indirect supervision of approximately 500 employees. Recruiting, hiring, training, leading and evaluating a staff of aquatics coordinators, lifeguards and others that operate year-round aquatic facilities with expansion to add additional seasonal programs. The position manages a staff of approximately 200 employees, year-round and an additional 300+ people in the summertime. Monitors performance, evaluates and manages performance expectations.
Other duties includes:
- Develop and implement strategies to build a diverse workforce, deliver aquatic programs and services consistent with the City’s Race & Social Justice Initiative.
- Manages expense budget of about $10M with delegated authority to exercise substantial discretion in allocating financial resources, including budget adjustments, dealing with multiple fund sources and complying with fund source requirements (grants). Manages all revenue streams, including collection, accounting, and routing of funds for recreation programs, facility rentals, contractual relationships, and merchandise sales; maintains accountability for all reports, reconciliations, and expenditures.
- Plans, develops, creates, implements and evaluates significant programs to achieve broad objectives; defines measurements;
- Utilizes and applies “best practices” and national standards in risk management decision making.
- Serves as the Department subject-matter expert on aquatic facilities and programs, especially identifying issues before they become larger problems that could potentially impair the Department ability to operate safely and effectively.
- Develops and recommends solutions to problems through a keen understanding of industry requirements and operating standards for public aquatic facilities; health department rules, required training and certifications for pool staff, understanding of operations related to wading pools, outdoor swimming beaches business practices and industry standards to ensure the safety for users and participants.
- Understands programmatic needs of swimming and boating activities. Ensures all aspects of aquatics operations are in compliance with all Washington State Health Department regulations, policies and industry best-practices; ensures all pools have adequate equipment and supplies, and that all procurement is compliant with and City policies.
- Serves as a key contributor involving aquatic facilities, and capital projects. Proactive identification of routine maintenance needs and capital improvement requirements. Works as part of a team to develop preventative maintenance closure plans.
- Has some knowledge of pool chemistry and mechanical systems; has technical knowledge of the needs of swimming beaches, boat ramps, small craft centers, and other aquatic program areas.
- Manages and promotes external relationships/partnerships.
- Represents the organization at external meetings and committees throughout the city, as needed; and performing related duties as required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Business Administration, Public Administration, Leisure Services or related field or four years of equivalent experience and/or education and/or training which provides an equivalent background to perform the work.
- Five years of full-time recreation work with increasing responsibility for planning, coordinating, and implementing a variety of aquatics and/or recreation programs. At least three (3) years of this experience must have been in a management role with experience in business and large budget operations, project management, people management or human resources.
Licenses and Certifications:
A current, valid driver’s license or evidence of equivalent mobility. Applicants must have a good driving record as demonstrated by a complete driving abstract. A Washington State Driver’s license will be required within 30 days of employment.
Current American Red Cross First Aid and CPR will be required within 30 days of employment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles, methods, techniques and practices of contemporary, urban, public recreation programming and administration
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in motivation techniques and delegation skills
- Knowledge of facility maintenance operations and planning
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a variety of settings (e.g. public meetings, Commission meetings, with the media, staff reports, major studies, etc.)
- Ability to manage and direct a professional staff by ensuring the quality and efficiency of work, the understanding of their responsibilities and the resolution of their questions
- Ability to effectively communicate with the public, answer questions, and resolve problems
- Ability to spark, manage, and lead, change with in a dynamic organization
- Ability to quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing information and/or technology
- Ability to work in an urban environment with people from a broad range of cultural backgrounds; experience with diversity including, but not limited to economic, ethnic, age, and gender
- Competent with computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; operational knowledge of recreation registration software
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects and assignments under time constraints and changing priorities
- Able to demonstrate excellent internal and external customer service through verbal, written and electronic communications
- Ability to research, develop and obtain grant funding and to complete a process of tracking and reporting of results and outcomes
- Proficient spoken and written English; ability to speak a second language a plus!
- Specialized training in areas of aquatic management or operation including Better Beaches, Certified Pool Operator, NRPA Aquatic Facility Technical Training, Risk Management Schools, Budget and Finance
- Washington State Boater Safety certification.
- Red Cross certifications related to water recreation and water safety.
- Certified Park and Recreation Professional Certification
- Certified Park and Recreation Executive Certification
with Colgate University
•Responsible for strategic leadership of all activities and outcomes within the Colgate Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving program. These will include sustained performance and execution in the following areas:
◦scheduling conference and nonconference competitions
◦responsible for hiring and oversight of assistant coaches
•Responsible for recruitment and management of student-athletes to include sustained performance in the following areas:
◦attracting and evaluating the best fit prospective student-athletes
◦strategic allocation of scholarship and admission resources, if applicable
◦ensuring student-athlete academic progress and well-being
◦ensuring student-athletes adhere to institutional policies and code of conduct
•Accountable for creating a culture of compliance within program to all relevant governing bodies to include:
•Responsible for budget development and management.
•Effectively support and contribute to athletics fundraising efforts.
•Ensures positive relationships and communication between the program and key stakeholders, to include alumni, local community, fans, parents, faculty and other University constituents. As directed, required to effectively support athletics fundraising efforts.
•Responsible for role modeling positive behaviors and leadership for student-athletes
Colgate Athletics Mission:
To be an inclusive community of competitive excellence
Athletics Department Values:
Thoughtful – Careful, reasoned, inclusive thinking
Driven – Relentless, energetic, focused pursuit of courageous goal
Enthusiastic – Passionate, positive, fun presence
Cohesive – Close—knit, collaborative, consistent teamwork
Bold – Creative, resourceful, fearless winners
Candidate must demonstrate a significant knowledge of swimming and diving, proven success in coaching swimming and diving at the collegiate or an equivalently high level, the ability to recruit, develop and motivate Division I student-athletes, a strong commitment to the academic success of student-athletes, knowledge and commitment to University, Conference and NCAA regulations, good communication skills, and strong leadership.
Bachelor’s degree is required.
Master’s degree is preferred.
Colgate University is committed to the principle of institutional control in administering its athletics program in a manner consistent with the NCAA, ECAC, and Patriot League rules. Each individual involved in the athletics division is obligated to maintain competency and knowledge of the rules, to act within his or her realm of responsibility in full compliance with the governing legislation, and to report any violation of NCAA, ECAC or Patriot League rules of which he or she is aware. As a head coach, it is imperative that you promote an atmosphere of compliance within your program, as well as monitor the activities of all institutional staff members involved with the program who report, directly or indirectly, to you. Without limiting remedies otherwise available to the university, if you or personnel under your direct or indirect supervision is/are found to be in violation of any NCAA, ECAC or Patriot League rules, you may be subject to disciplinary or corrective action as set forth in relevant NCAA, league or conference disciplinary and/or enforcement procedures, including suspension without pay or termination of employment for significant or repeated violations.
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking, familial status, or any other categories covered by law. Colgate is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, women, persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
with Ransom Everglades School
Ransom Everglades School is seeking applications for an Assistant Director of Aquatics. This full time staff position begins in June 2019. In addition to serving as the Head Age Group Coach and Assistant Director for Ransom Everglades Aquatics Club, this twelve month staff member will teach physical education classes and assist in the oversight and operation of The Ansin Aquatics Center and all aquatics programs. Additional duties supporting the school will depend on the experience of the successful candidate. Candidates who can contribute to the distinctiveness of the Ransom Everglades community are especially encouraged to apply.
with Oklahoma Christian University
Usual duties helping run emerging Div II Christian College Swim Team alongside Head Coach and Olympian Josh Davis, Assistant Coaches Nathan Townsend and Noah Yanchulis. Season is Aug 27th thru April 25th. Meal Plan and housing covered. Numerous grad degree plans available.
with Elsmore Swim Shop
Account Manager Summary
Elsmore Swim Shop, one of the largest and most successful swim team dealers in the US, is currently seeking high energy, people-oriented account managers to join our growing organization in our Apple Valley, MN Headquarters. In this position, you will be responsible for managing account sales, new and existing client relations, and bring in new business. As the lead point of contact for all swim team matters, you should anticipate the client’s needs, work within the company to ensure deadlines for client are met and help the client in all their team outfitting needs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Strive to build, maintain, and create strong customer relationships with coaches, team board members, parents and athletes
- Visit existing and new customer accounts to maintain relationships and identify new sales opportunities
- Generate new sales with each client account
- Maintain strong relationships with existing clients and seek avenues to gain new potential clients
- Determine client needs and products; establish timeline of performance and delivery
- Provide industry information to clients regarding new products and offerings
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients in all forms of communication
- Exceed all expectations of team clients, maintaining a positive work atmosphere
- Collaborate with other Elsmore staff to maximize profit by up-selling or cross-selling
- Plan and present reports on account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with team members and management.
- Meet all client needs and deliverables according to proposed timelines
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- 2+ years’ experience in sales, management, account management, or customer service
- Preference given to experience in team sports and specifically swimming.
- A self-starter with a passion for sports
- Basic computer skills, and experience with CRM software and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication skills; must be a listener, a presenter, and a people-person
- Strong negotiation skills, with ability follow-through on client needs
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple client accounts
- Proven results of delivering client solutions and meeting sales goals
with Tripp Lake Camp
Looking to have a fantastic summer teaching your favorite activity? Well look no further!
Tripp Lake Camp is located in Poland, Maine. Founded in 1911, Tripp Lake is considered one of the finest girls’ camps in the country. Our 7 week residential summer camp for girls ages 7 to 16 offers a broad array of team and individual sports, performing and visual arts, and outdoor living in a fun and stimulating environment.
Our coed staff comes from all over the world to spend their summer on 260 acres with a mile of shorefront in beautiful Maine!
*must be lifeguard certified or be able to pass lifeguard
*work with campers 7-16
*help beginner to advanced campers
*work as a member of a team
*spend their summer on the lake!
Please apply if you have experience and if you have a genuine interest in working with children.
with City of Berkeley
The City of Berkeley is excited to share the recruitment for Aquatics Facilities Supervisor. This classification is responsible for the planning, organizing, directing, supervising, and participating in the operations and maintenance of one or more swimming pools and adjacent facilities. The Aquatics Facilities Supervisor is distinguished from the Aquatics Coordinator position in that the latter has overall supervisory responsibility for City aquatics centers and aquatics programs. The City of Berkeley is seeking applications from highly skilled individuals with recreational or educational program experience related to pool management, swim instruction, life guarding, or coaching. The incumbent assists in the planning and implementation of aquatics programs, maintains records, and enforces safe pool practices.
Successful applicants will have the ability to:
- Ensure that City aquatics facilities are in compliance with local, state, and federal health and safety codes and regulatory law;
- Maintain order and exercise crowd control when warranted;
- Complete regular pool maintenance: testing of pool water, balancing chemicals in pools, maintaining records, conducting pool deck maintenance, monitoring functioning of equipment such as chemical feed and filtration systems;
- Identify the need for and coordinate the maintenance, repair or replacement of pool equipment and facilities;
- Ensure the proper opening and closing of aquatics facilities;
- Assist in the planning, supervision and evaluation of all aquatics programs, including special events, drop-in programs, shower program, and swim instruction programs;
- Recruit, train, supervise, and provide constructive feedback for staff and volunteers; coordinate assignments, orient staff on procedures and policies; prepare and conduct in-service training programs;
- Report critical maintenance issues raised by staff, volunteers, or the public and document any actions taken to resolve the issues;
- Ensure the accuracy of staff time cards;
- May serve as a lifeguard, coach, or instructor of any and all aquatics or water-safety programs including assistance with registration, cashiering, and locker room responsibilities;
- Monitor supply needs and order necessary supplies, materials, and equipment and set up aquatics facility rentals; and
- Perform related duties as required.
with YMCA of Greater New York
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Prospect Park YMCA is seeking for an experienced individual who will provide direction and leadership to the Aquatics department. The Aquatics Director will follow all YMCA of Greater New York and Department of Health aquatics standards to maintain safety for all aquatics programs in and around the swim area, and will lead by example to promote and demonstrate professional demeanor to aquatics staff.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate all aquatic staff.
- Conduct in-service training as required by the YMCA association.
- Develop, implement, track, and control the department budget, in accordance with Branch and Association budget
- Review program schedules, capacity staffing and revenues to meet the community needs and YMCA mission.
- Maintain proper health and safety standards, in accordance with Association aquatics safety standards and guidelines.
- Know and understand all YMCA, state and local health and safety requirements, including Pool Safety Plan, Emergency Action Plan, Emergency Evacuation Routes and staff certifications.
- Collaborate and build relationships within the YMCA Branch, Association and community organizations, in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Maintain positive relations with participants, parents, members and staff.
- Serve as a role model to promote and demonstrate professional demeanor.
- Maintain all records, in accordance with law for pool maintenance, staff training and certifications, program member attendance and evaluation of participant skills, and Department of Health (DOH) requirements.
- Maintain certification level of physical and mental readiness.
- Responsible for recertification before expiration.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of three to five years of commensurate experience in a supervisory/management position.
- YMCA or Red Cross Lifeguard certification or equivalent. Must obtain YMCA Lifeguard certification within 90 days of hire.
- YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor certification or equivalent. Must obtain YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor certification within 120 days of hire.
- Current CPRO, Emergency Oxygen and First Aid certifications.
- Demonstrate swim strokes, lifeguard rescues and CPRO/FA/EO skills.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays.
SwimLabs is hiring swim instructors for our brand new, state-of-the-art facility in Sugar Land! We are looking for motivated and determined individuals to join our ever-growing team. Swim Instructors are responsible for providing the best customer service and hospitality to our customers while teaching private and group swim lessons and maintaining a safe and effective learning environment to clients of all ages, skill levels, and diverse backgrounds.
Accomplishes objectives by teaching clients how to swim; maintaining facility cleanliness; participating in special promotional events; providing exceptional customer service.
Swimming background; knowledge of swim strokes; CPR certified
with Eagle Swimming Assocation
- Head Age Group (5-18 yr olds)
- Salary based on experience, history,
- Development Group – Senior Groups
- Please send resume and job references
- AAAA swimmers & below
Eagle Swimming Association is seeking a highly motivated and energetic coach to fill the role of Head Age Group Coach. The ideal candidate will have high energy and passion for swimming, be charismatic and personable, be knowledgeable about technique and stroke mechanics of the sport and be willing to grow with Eagle Swimming Association. This Coach will be supporting and carry out the mission of Eagle Swimming Association and Philosophy of the Head Coach.
- ASCA Level or above.
- Must have (or obtain before being on deck) certifications in Adult & Pediatric/Child CPR and AED, as well as Safety Training for Swim Coaches (STSC).
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Minimum of 1 yrs. coaching experience
- Passionate about swimming & teaching & development of younger/newer athletes.
- Knowledge of competitive swimming and all swimming strokes (Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly, Freestyle)
- Must possess/be able to demonstrate:
- Leadership skills,
- Decision-making ability (in the interest of athletes & organization),
- Timely & professional communication (written & verbal) with coaches, parents, and swimmers,
- & be willing to follow directives from Head Coach
- Must possess excellent problem-solving skills and have the capability to act rationally and calmly in all situations.
- Ability to work with and maintain professional relationships with staff & high school coaches.
- Must have a working knowledge of Team Unify & Hytek.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for developing our Age Group program swimmers (ages 5-14 – A swimmers & below) to be ready to compete at the Age Group Championship Level.
- Work collaboratively with the head coach to develop and follow through on program goals to enhance a club that is consistently trying to meet its mission/vision while always trying to innovate.
- Assist Sr coach as needed.
- Supervise swimmers in the pool area at all times.
- Responsible for helping maintain a safe atmosphere by adhering to all USA swimming rules and regulations and providing positive and constructive feedback to our swimmers and parents.
- Must show the ability to work with and communicate well with all age group parents and athletes.
- Greet, acknowledge, and interact with members at all times.
- Create an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants.
- Initiate, develop, and maintain positive relationships with all participants
- Provide a safe, clean and organized pool area
- Manage our Age Group travel trip(s)
- Maintain team practice and master calendars and reporting the monthly calendar to our school district (rental) liaison.
- Run monthly meetings with Age group coaches
- Vacation upon request (two weeks in August and one in March built in as well as one during our Thanksgiving or Holiday Break).
with Seton Hall University
The assistant coach for swimming will assist the head coach in all aspects of the men’s and women’s program that participates in NCAA Division I competition. Duties include but are not limited to: coaching, recruiting, coordinating practices, assisting with team travel, program development, procuring equipment and other duties as assigned by the head coach. The assistant coach is responsible for the concerns and welfare of his/her student athletes. This includes monitoring the academic performance and furthering the success of the team in meeting academic and eligibility criteria set forth by the university and the NCAA. The assistant coach is responsible for the safety, behavior and appearance of the student-athletes and managers under his/her direction while representing the university.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist head coach with coaching. Provide instruction and teaching to student-athletes to improve their overall level of performance from one year to the next.
- As a position or event specialist, evaluate student-athletes to identify strengths and deficiencies, and design instructional opportunities to teach students how to improve technical and strategic execution based on sound motor learning and bio-mechanical principles.
- Assist in conducting conditioning programs, encompassing recognized and approved methods of improving power, speed, strength and aerobic performance, consistent with industry safety and health standards. Assist all practice sessions while incorporating basic sport strategies, as is deemed appropriate.
- Incorporate position specific learning opportunities into daily practice design as directed by head coach including instruction on proper swimming strokes.
- Design and maintain historical databases to be used for trend analysis. Conduct analysis and provide support on projects ranging from student athlete enrollment studies to coaching trends in an effort to design better instructional techniques and programs for student athletes.
- As an NCAA certified recruiter, successfully research, scout, evaluate and contact prospective student-athletes while operating within the scope of the department, Big East Conference and NCAA regulations at all times.
- As an on-campus recruiter, collaborate with other department and university staff in designing official and unofficial visits in compliance with all university, Big East Conference and NCAA regulations.
- Establish and develop relationships with appropriate high school and junior college officials, amateur club coaches, and coaches within the sport’s national governing body for public relations purposes, thus positioning the university nationally.
- Extract, manipulate, and analyze complex data for recruiting purposes from databases such as the student data warehouse, National Student Clearinghouse, and other data sources.
- Develop, maintain, and use master recruit databases to support decision-making, assessments, evaluations, and program review.
- Conduct periodic review and evaluation of program goals, analyzing findings, identifying areas requiring improvement, and pursuing more efficient methods and processes.
- Maintain, monitor and archive all required records and paperwork per regulatory requirements (e.g. state, federal and NCAA compliance) and maintain documentation of sources of information and completed projects
- Participate in public relations activities, as approved, to include granting interviews with newspaper, radio and television media, attending press conferences and making public appearances. Consult with assigned Media Services staff regarding game preparations.
- Must understand and comply with all NCAA and Big East rules and regulations at all times. Lack of compliance could result in severe Big East or NCAA sanctions for the program, the department and the university. Consult with Compliance office staff to evaluate each request to ensure compliance with NCAA regulations.
- In coordination with the Equipment Manager, monitor the condition of equipment and request repairs or replacement as necessary.
- Assist with the planning, coordination, and execution and approved fundraising activities.
- Keep current in knowledge about issues affecting the athletic program, including internal and external events, discussions and concerns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree; 1-3 years experience as an intercollegiate swimmer or swim club or collegiate coach.
- Master’s Degree
Licenses and Certificates:
- Valid driver’s license; Prefer that candidate has passed the most current NCAA Coaches Certification Test, however, it can be administered (and must be passed) once on campus
- Administrative – AD140
- General Office Environment
with Bryant University
This position reports to the Head Swimming coach and is responsible to assist in all phases of a competitive intercollegiate Swimming and Diving program in compliance with NCAA conference, Northeast Conference (NEC), Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC) and institutional rules and regulations.
Assisting with all aspects of operating a collegiate program, including daily practices, recruiting, videotaping, home meet management, fund raising, student-athlete academic success, travel, compliance with all NCAA, NEC and Bryant University rules and regulations, etc.
Requires an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution and acceptance into Bryant University Graduate School program (acceptance must be received before candidate will be considered). The ideal candidate will have collegiate and/or high school experience in swimming. Computer skills (MS Office, excel) are required.
The candidate must have the ability to effectively recruit and retain quality student-athletes. The ability to effectively communicate through oral, written and electronic forms along with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate student-athletes in a group or individual setting are also necessary. The candidate must actively support the mission of the university by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values. The candidate must complete the NCAA coaches recruiting exam, and travel is required.
Regular attendance at assigned job site and the ability to work collaboratively with co-workers and constituents are essential functions of this position.