Location: San Mateo Athletic Club, West Hillsdale Boulevard, San Mateo, CA, USA
EXOS helps people perform at a high level so they can achieve what matters most to them. Since our founding in 1999, we’ve become a leader in proactive health and performance, trusted by more than 150 clients, including corporations, academic institutions, health systems, sports organizations, the U.S. military, community centers, and residential communities. With award-winning facilities and spaces, technology, equipment, and services, EXOS connects people to the solutions they need and provides individualized plans based on time-tested fundamentals and research in order to help people take control of their health and performance.
We’re seeking a Head Swim Team Coach to join our team. As our new Head Swim Team Coach you will:
Be approachable and visible to all club members and all swim team families.
Bring an enthusiastic and energetic approach to each and every practice.
Develop strong, lasting relationships with all swimmers on the team and the lap swimmers.
Assist in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and supervising all assistant coaches.
Assist with New Employee Orientations for all assistant coaches.
Develop and lead weekly coaches meetings.
Develop methods to track swimmers progress throughout the season.
Develop a dryland training program and execute during daily practices.
Keep current with research in aquatics related areas.
Assist the lifeguards with the enforcement of pool rules and in helping lap swimmers find lanes
available to them.
Assist with the development and marketing of all Aquatics programs.
Attend and assist running Aquatics special events and conducted at our facility as needed.
Assist with the promotion our swim team both within the club (flyers, bulletin boards, swim instructor
bios, signage on deck during lessons, member newsletter) and outside the club (website content,
posting flyers, Community Fairs).
Current Red Cross Lifeguard certification (AED, CPR, First Aid) or Coaches Water Safety and
AED/CPR and First Aid.
- ASCA Level 2 certified or above.
- Current USA Swimming certified coach.
- Extensive experience working with children and teenagers.
Strong background in competitive swimming.
- Must have at least two years of supervisory experience
- Must have knowledge and experience using Team Unify, Colorado Timing Systems and OME.
Excellent verbal and communication skills.
Strong service orientation and attitude; the ability to provide members, guests and staff with exceptional service in a friendly and professional manner.
Ability to relate to diverse populations.
Enthusiastic, responsible and team-oriented.
- Exposure to variety of weather elements.
- Requires long periods of standing.
- Moderate use of computer terminal screen, right or left hand use, Typing.
- Grasping and gripping movements
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. Some lifting may require additional assistance from another staff person.
- Employee expected to use discretionary judgment and ask for assistance from another employee if an item is perceived to be too heavy to lift without assistance.
- Use of personal safety equipment required.
- Frequent use of pool and cleaning chemicals.
- Continuous exposure to moderate to loud noise.
- Occasional exposure to bodily fluids.
- Occasional lifting, pulling, climbing, kneeling, and bending.
EXOS is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws. EXOS provides reasonable accommodation to employees and applicants for employment who have disabilities. You may request reasonable accommodation, in writing, by reaching out to our People Operations department at:
Attention: EXOS People Operations, Accommodations
2629 E. Rose Garden Ln.
Phoenix, AZ 85050
How to Apply
Please email resume to: [email protected]
Please be sure to add a message about the position title, and the city the job is located in, you are applying for.