Applications due 05/31/21
Date posted: March 9, 2021
Location: 735 South Stephens Street, Southern Pines, NC, USA
Head Swim Coach
The Sandhills Sandsharks Swim Team, located in the Southern Pines/Pinehurst area of North Carolina, one hour south of Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill, is accepting applications for the position of Head Coach. The club is a small team established over 35 years ago with approximately 60+ athletes. SSS hosts two Open Water meets each year.
- Oversee all aspects of running USA team and aquatics programs (lessons, summer league, masters)
- Coach older squads 6 days a week. Adhere to SSS’s philosophy of developing leadership and long term goals.
- Hire, oversee, assist with and train Age Group coaches to ensure seamless transitions between squads.
- Hire and oversee Lessons/Summer League coordinator.
- Facilitate goal setting for whole squad and individuals.
- Possess a positive, encouraging and energetic attitude towards all swimmers.
- Possess the strong communication skills required for working with parents, swimmers, the Sandsharks Board, and Town of Southern Pines.
- Take senior squad swimmers to LSC, Zone, and higher level meets.
- Manage Town of Southern Pines Pool for SSS programming Sept-May: National CPO required.
- Serve as Meet director for 2 NC Open Water meets per year.
- Apply to and stay abreast of USAS recognition and NCS incentive program, Safe Sport certification, Make a Splash program requirements.
- Maintain Facebook/Social media sites
- Communicate weekly with team and respond to all parent communication within 24 hours.
- Oversee/apply for relevant grants to support programming.
- Minimum 4 years of successful competitive swim coaching experience with age group and senior level swimmers. ASCA Level 3.
- Experience with team building skills (running meetings, individual and group goal setting, problem solving).
- Experience with program management and in depth knowledge of Team Unify and HyTek software.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year accredited institution
- Clean driving record, background check and USA Coaching certification.
- National CPO (may be attained after hiring)
- Strong time management and project management skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Vacation time
- Professional education opportunities
Application: Please email resume and a cover letter detailing your coaching philosophy and strengths, along with three references to Edward Hill at [email protected]
How to Apply
Please email resume to Edward Hill at [email protected]
1013 7 LKS N
West End, NC 27376