Date posted: September 18, 2020
Location: 1300 Elmwood Avenue, Buffalo, NY, USA
with Buffalo State College
Assist the head coach in all aspects of coaching and administering the men’s and women’s swimming and diving program, an NCAA Division III program, and Kissinger Pool. This includes skill development, practice and meet preparation, recruiting, and other duties as assigned. The selected applicant is expected to keep abreast and comply with all NCAA, SUNYAC, and Buffalo State College rules and Regulations.
This position is a benefits-eligible position. Additionally, it is a good opportunity to pursue a graduate-level degree.
Lifeguard certification including CPR, AED, and First Aid (or ability to obtain upon hire).
Date posted: September 18, 2020
Location: Fenwick High School, Washington Boulevard, Oak Park, IL, USA
with Fenwick High School
The Head Girls’ Water Polo Coach is responsible for providing leadership and guidance to student athletes within the Water Polo program. Determines the goals and direction of the Program and is responsible for the health, safety and welfare of every student athlete under their supervision. Must prepare thorough practice and competition plans, encourage student participation, establish rapport and motivate athletes to achieve maximum potential.
Five or more years of experience in coaching water polo
Must possess a valid Illinois Coaching Certification and complete all necessary IHSA, Archdiocesan and Fenwick High School compliance requirements
Proven experience in teaching and modeling character and responsible behavior
Positive, high-energy and committed
View success not just as winning but as helping team members reach their goals
Orientation towards continuous improvement
Date posted: September 15, 2020
Location: 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA, USA
with Swim San Diego
JOB DESCRIPTION – SWIM SAN DIEGO ASSISTANT COACH
Location: UCSD/Del Norte High School/Mission Beach Plunge
Position: Assistant Coach
Compensation is based on experience
Start date: September 8, 2020
Swim San Diego is seeking qualified candidates for lead and assistant coaching positions with our competitive Age Group and Senior programs
Interested candidates should have a passion for the sport, experience with competitive swimming, excellent communication skills, as well as a strong work ethic and eagerness to learn and grow as a coach and professional. A minimum of 2 years coaching experience preferred.
Applicants must have all certifications (Lifeguard Training/Adult Child CPR/First Aid) up to date. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, reliable individuals who can not only lead the swimmers but also work well with others. Great organizational skills and time management are essential.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Coaching all levels of age group swimmers with a focus on technique and development
• Work with Team Director to create and implement season plans, prepare meet and practice schedules, and schedule tryouts and substitute coaches
• Help with pool maintenance and Covid-19 safety protocols
• Communicate consistently and effectively with team membership and other team administrative duties
Interested candidates should reply with a cover letter, resume, and references to: [email protected]
Date posted: September 14, 2020
Location: Fitchburg, WI, USA
Daytime, evening, weekend shifts Do you love working with kids or helping others learn new skills? Do you want hours that can work around your school schedule? Join our fun and passionate team. No swimming or coaching experience necessary! Paid training. Guaranteed hours. Competitive pay. Morning, evening and weekend shifts available.
Diventures, the nation’s fastest growing swim and scuba center with locations across four states, is seeking a Swim Teacher. In this role, you’ll be teaching kids to be safe and confident swimmers for a lifetime of fun! Extensive training is provided. If you love swimming and are excited about introducing little ones to the joys of swimming, this is the right job for you!
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Your primary areas of action include:
Teach a variety of levels and ages swimming and safety skills. You must love working with children of all ages in teaching them water skills they will benefit from for the rest of their lives. You may also teach adults on occasion.
Be consistent and reliable to your swimming students. It’s vital that your students can trust in you so that you can build relationships. That trust starts with starting classes on time and ensuring the swim class schedule is executed consistently.
Provide a safe swimming environment. At Diventures, safety is the highest priority. You’ll be expected to follow all safety initiatives and requirements.
Ensure customer satisfaction. You’ll have plenty of direct contact with parents and their children, so great people skills are a must.
Keep your pool in order. Instructors also help in cleaning, maintenance, and general upkeep of the swim facility.
Key Personality Attributes
You must love swimming, be positive and energetic, and enjoy working with children and teens. You’ll also need great people skills overall since you’ll also have plenty of interaction with parents. Ideal applicants would also have:
Good communication skills
Flexibility of scheduling
A desire to be part of a fun and energetic team
A willingness to learn or to develop as a professional
Skills & Experiences
Minimum age is 18.
First-Aid/CPR/AED and O2 certification is required within 30 days of hire. Classes available at Diventures.
Swim Teachers will complete a 18-hour training program on curriculum and an 32-hour teaching apprenticeship.
Previous lifeguarding or swim instruction experience is preferred but not required.
Date posted: September 11, 2020
Location: 800 Vance Street Northeast, Wilson, NC, USA
with Barton College
Barton College has an opening for a Part-Time Assistant Swim Coach, reporting directly to the Head Swim Coach.
- Coaching responsibilities during practice
- Operations of Swimming & Diving program
- Social Media
- Filming & film review
- On-campus recruiting
- Other administrative work as needed
Desired Education, Skills, and Experience
- USA Swimming Certifications, CPR, First Aid (or willingness to obtain)
- Knowledge of NCAA Division II and Conference Carolinas compliance/conference rules
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Eagerness to learn
Date posted: September 10, 2020
Location: 7400 Bay Rd, University Center, MI 48710
with Saginaw Valley State University
Assistant Swimming & Diving Coach
Saginaw Valley State University, a DII member of the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic conference invites applications for the position of Assistant Coach for Swimming & Diving to assist the head coach to develop, promote and supervise all facets of the track program; assist the head coach to develop and execute strategies for the recruitment of student-athletes for highly visible regionally and nationally competitive team; assist the head coach to organize and direct all aspects of the Swimming & Diving programs, organizing practice sessions to enhance the team’s performance. For complete list of requirements, further information, and to apply for this position, please visit www.jobs.svsu.edu. Applicants must apply on-line. SVSU is an EO/AA employer.
Date posted: September 10, 2020
Location: 555 N Sheridan Rd, Lake Forest, IL, USA
with Lake Forest Swim Club
2020-0901 Developmental Coaches — Lake Forest Swim Club, Lake Forest IL
The Lake Forest Swim Club is hiring Developmental Coaches for the upcoming 2020-2021 short course season. These positions will work with one or more of our Developmental squads with opportunities to assist with Sr level squads.
Ideal candidates have 1-3 years (minimum) coaching experience with swimmers age 7-13. Veteran coaches with extensive experience and desire to guide young swimmers to the right career path are encouraged to apply. At LFSC we pride ourselves on developing coaches to work the full range of squads in our club.
All positions are part-time with an expected start date of 14/September 2020.
Lead Coach, Novice Squads
Beginning competitive swimmers ages 7-11; 40-minute practices, 2-4/week. Responsibilities include roster management, curriculum development, and on-deck instruction. Weekend swim meet attendance not required.
Lead Coach, Developmental Squad
Swimmers ages 8-12; 60-minute practices, 3-5/week. Responsibilities include roster management, curriculum development, typical deck coaching and training. Minimal swim meet attendance required.
Assistant Coach, Age Group Squad
Experienced competitive swimmers ages 8-12; 90-minute practices, 3-5/week. Swimmers in this squad range from aspiring Regional to JO level. This position works under the direct supervision of Laurel Whittington, Sr Assistant Coach. Responsibilities include instruction and training throughout the Age Group/Developmental Program. Swim meet attendance as needed.
Assistant Coach, Sr Squad
Experienced competitive swimmers age 13-college; daily (M-F) 120-minute practices. Swimmers in this squad range from aspiring Regional to Jr National level. This position works under the direct supervision of Michael Lawrence, Head Coach. The right candidate will have the opportunity to expand responsibilities to direct the training of a Sr group. Swim meet attendance necessary.
Date posted: September 4, 2020
Location: Vicksburg MS
with Vicksburg Swim Association, www.vsaswim.org
Vicksburg Swim Association (www.vsaswim.org) is one of Mississippi’s oldest and most successful swim programs. It enjoys broad community support and utilizes the state’s premier city-owned 50-meter Olympic-sized outdoor pool. We also utilize two indoor 25-yard pools for year-round swimming. We currently have over 50 swimmers in all age groups with the potential to double or triple in size with the right leadership. We are a parent-run 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
We are looking for an experienced, organized, and enthusiastic Head Coach to help plan for our continued growth and bring our club to the next level. You will begin with one assistant coach and will be expected to develop a program which benefits swimmers of all skill levels. While we want our top swimmers to succeed, we place a strong emphasis on family engagement, character development and a program which is fun and beneficial for every swimmer.
- Swim Team Administration
- Communicate regularly with members of the Board, parents and swimmers
- Manage and develop assistant coaches
- Have input in budgeting and assist in fundraising
- Plan and implement daily practices for all age group levels
- Plan and organize meets
- Swimmer Development
- Prepare individual development plans for each swimmer
- Emphasize proper stroke technique
- Direct dryland training, stretching and nutrition
- Plan and conduct practices based on individual and group development plans
- Communicate with and motivate swimmers
- Constructively evaluate swimmer performance at practices and meets
- Assist and guide suitable high school athletes in the college recruiting process
- Family Engagement
- Plan and attend parent meetings on a regular basis
- Communicate and educate parents about team policies, procedures and volunteer opportunities
- Community Engagement
- Serve as team ambassador to the local, regional and state community
- Promote VSA and swimming at local schools and home schools
- Encourage and assist in development of ancillary swim programs (summer leagues, school teams, swim school, masters swimming, etc.)
- Identify opportunities to cross-train with non-swimmers (cross country, track, triathletes, other sports)
- Previous coaching experience and/or a teaching certificate
- ASCA Level 2 or comparable certification
- Computer proficiency including TeamUnify and Meet Manager
- Proficiency in recruitment and retention of swimmers
- Skilled in teaching stroke technique and physical development
- Ability to motivate and work effectively with athletes of all ages and abilities
Date posted: September 4, 2020
Location: 4303 South 121st Plaza, Omaha, NE, USA
Aquatics Experience Manager – Diventures Omaha, NE
At Diventures, where safety is our number one priority and fun is our number one goal, we are in the relationship business. The Aquatics Experience Manager contributes to the success of Diventures by consistently building positive experiences and lasting relationships with our customers through high-touch, high-communication, personalized customer service. The Aquatics Experience Manager works closely with our customers, the Store Manager, and Diventures team members to maximize both the impact and business results of our store with a primary focus on learn to swim and aquatics programming. As a member of the store management team, the Aquatics Experience Manager assists the Store Manager and the Scuba Experience Manager in the successful operation of the facility and acts as the facility Manager on Duty in the absence of the Store Manager.
Responsible for the performance of the Learn to Swim and aquatics program businesses at their location, the Aquatics Experience Manager reports to the Store Manager and works to optimize the income and profit generation of these revenue streams through the hiring, training and leading of a team of swim teachers, deck managers, lifeguards and aquatics instructors in the delivery of exceptional customer experiences.
To be successful in their role, the Aquatics Experience Manager must successfully lead their (predominantly young) team in driving the acquisition, instruction, and retention of Learn to Swim and fitness customers while operating a safe, clean, and well-merchandised retail training center. The Aquatics Experience Manager also collaborates continuously with the Aquatics Program Director, Merchant Director and Store Support Team in the effective planning and execution of all aspects of the aquatics experience in their location.
In addition to direct customer service (about half of their time is spent in customer instruction and deck supervision) the Aquatics Experience Manager is responsible for ensuring effective class scheduling, instructor scheduling, student progression, pool management and operation, swim IT system management and instructor certification.
The Aquatics Experience Manager should convey a passion for children, teaching, and training as well as a love of the aquatic environment. The Aquatics Experience Manager works closely with the Aquatics Program Director and the Store Manager to proactively develop new aquatics professionals and ensure effective succession planning. The Aquatics Experience Manager keeps up to date with and maintains all industry safety and training standards for all pool operations and aids the Store Manager and Scuba Experience Manager in the proper operation of the natatorium.
Key Attributes of the Successful Diventures Scuba Experience Manager
- Customer Service Mindset
- Servant Leader
- Sense of Urgency
- Clear Communicator
- Effective Time Manager
- Positive and Professional Image
- Business Acumen
- Positive Mindset
- Problem Solver
- Demonstrable relevant experience in the successful leading of customer-focused teams: prospecting, recruiting, interviewing, selection, training, performance coaching, performance management and separation.
- Solid experience in coordinating a swim program or school.
- Involvement in the national and local swimming community. Not only do you have to be in touch with what is happening in the swimming world overall, but you will also need to be involved with the local swimming community.
- Successful sales leadership experience across varied media: in-person, over the phone, and in writing (email, letters, etc.)
- Experience in efficient resource and financial management: revenue, margin, payroll, expenses.
- Strong preference will be given to those with significant swim management experience, aquatics experience, swim coaching experience, Certified Pool Operators, lifeguards, and aquatics professionals.
Date posted: September 2, 2020
Location: 333 Preston Ave, Voorhees Township, NJ, USA
with NL Aquatic Center
We are currently looking for Daytime/Evening Lifeguards to work at our brand new aquatic center in Voorhees, NJ. Must be certified in Lifeguarding, First Aid and CPR (some training available on site). Free membership to our state-of-the-art swim center included!!
Covid-19 Cleaning and Safety Protocols:
•More frequent intra-day cleanings : All pool areas, entrances and touchpoints will be cleaned using disinfectants and new UV light cleaning
tools between every swim practice or lesson. Lesson bathroom touchpoints will be wiped down after each use. Pool equipment will also be
cleaned after every use.
• Additional sanitation stations: available throughout the facility and at every entrance and exit point which will include hand sanitizer, wipes,
tissues, and no touch trash cans.
• After-hours deep cleaning sanitation: Each night, we will thoroughly clean the pool deck and all touch points.
• Daily Health Checks for Staff and Swimmers: Employees and swimmers will get their temperature taken upon entering the building.
Employees who are sick or have been exposed to the coronavirus will be required to stay home.
• Limited Occupancy: Swim Team Parents will not be allowed on deck during Phase 1. Lessons will be limited to 1 parent in the facility/family.
We have added additional outdoor seating behind the lesson pool for parents that wish to wait for their swimmers at the facility.
• Implement basic infection prevention: All employees, swimmers, and clients will be encouraged to wash hands or use hand sanitizer
frequently, cover their mouth with a tissue (or their elbow if a tissue is not available) and throw the tissue away when they cough or sneeze,
stay home if they are sick or showing symptoms of COVID-19, and keep a 6’ distance from everyone that does not live in their same
**We will be updating or changing safety protocols based on additional information and/or guidance from CDC and government agencies.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $8.00 – $17.00 per hour
More frequent intra-day cleanings, additional sanitation stations, after-hours deep cleaning sanitation, Daily Health Checks for Staff and Swimmers, Limited Occupancy, and Implement basic infection prevention.
Date posted: September 2, 2020
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA
with SwimMAC Carolina
Established in 1977, Mecklenburg Aquatic Club (SwimMAC Carolina) is a nonprofit high performance competitive swim club that offers programs for people of all ages and skill levels. Dedicated to its mission of empowering young people to be champions in life through excellence in swimming, the organization has grown from a small competitive team to a premier swim institution, achieving a Gold Medal Club ranking in the USA Swimming Club Excellence Program. The organization is poised for significant growth across the region, expanding opportunities to further its core mission.
With two anchor locations across the greater Charlotte area, SwimMAC Carolina serves over 2,000 people annually through programs such as learn-to-swim for beginners, competitive age group teams, and adult Masters groups. In addition, the organization offers aquatics gear and other merchandise through its Carolina Swim Shop retail locations and Ecommerce site. SwimMAC Carolina employs more than 25 full-time employees plus a team of highly skilled part-time coaches and instructors.
For more information please visit swimmaccarolina.org.
The Head Coach reports to the Board of Directors and leads a team of competitive and instructional coaches and staff.
- Promotes and encourages a positive SwimMAC culture at all times while being an omnipresent leader, serving as a Coach of Coaches and the Head Coach for the entire competitive team.
- Serves as the primary SwimMAC coaching point of contact for competitive team coaches, the community, NC Swimming, and USA Swimming.
- Communicates the SwimMAC vision and administrative details to competitive team members and families; ensures competitive swimmers are registered with USA Swimming.
- Maintains a healthy professional relationship with the Board and collaborates on strategic planning, marketing, vision, communication, goals and fundraising endeavors.
- Collaborates with the Board on volunteer reward and recognition programs, annual club member survey, and other key initiatives.
- Prepares and presents the competitive team’s annual budget proposal in collaboration with the Executive Director; regularly reviews finances of the competitive program with the Executive Director and Finance Committee.
- Recruits, supervises, and mentors coaching and instructional staff; inspires staff to understand and employ the SwimMAC vision and mission in all aspects of their work.
- Conducts goal setting meetings, observes, and provides feedback to staff on a regular basis; plans and encourages continuing education opportunities at all levels.
- Creates and ensures implementation of a hiring orientation program for all coaches; complies and ensures club compliance with USA Swimming and SwimMAC policies (background checks, etc.).
- Requests and secures adequate pool space to run the necessary programs, practices, clinics, camps, events, and meets; coordinates with vendors and partners to establish and maintain safe environments for SwimMAC members, volunteers, and guests at SwimMAC programs, practices, clinics, camps, events, and meets.
- Oversees the maintenance of the updated competitive team roster and all meet results employing current team software.
- Passion for swimming with a proven record as a coach with 5+ years of top-level experience (AG Division HC, Club HC, or above).
- Ability to effectively assimilate into the SwimMAC culture.
- Sound technical understanding of swimming and documented high performance results verified by performance; recognized in the swimming field as an exceptional coach; believes in a process for swimmer development, committed to curriculum development.
- High integrity referenced by a favorable reputation in the swimming community.
- Highly engaged and omnipresent across locations and events; demonstrated self-awareness – knows emotions, strengths, weaknesses, drive, values, and goals; empathetic and highly relational. Head coach for all.
- Self-motivated and holds self and others to high standards, fosters a culture of accountability that rewards success and mentors for areas needing improvement.
- Highly collaborative and committed to a team atmosphere rather than individual achievement; works closely with the SwimMAC Executive Director and the Board of Directors to establish and implement the vision of SwimMAC’s competitive team.
- Innovative and brings new ideas to transform the club married with the discipline of accountability.
- Mentor; committed to the hiring and development of excellent coaches with recognition for their achievements; values the success of others.
- Maintains the following qualifications:
- Membership in the American Swim Coaches Association (ASCA);
- Membership in USA Swimming, Inc.;
- Membership in North Carolina Swimming; and
- Participation in clinics and other continuing education opportunities for purposes of learning new instruction techniques and best practices regarding swim team management.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.
Assistant Women’s Swimming Coach and Associate in the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education.
Date posted: September 1, 2020
Location: 3030 Broadway, New York, NY, USA
with Columbia University
The Women’s Assistant Swimming Coach provides administrative, instructional, and recruiting support services under the direction and supervision of the Head Women’s Swimming Coach.
•Achieving a high level of competency in sport skill instruction, motivation, and conduct of practice sessions under the direction of the Head Women’s Swimming Coach.
•Recruiting student-athletes effectively under the direction of the Head Women’s Swimming Coach.
•Assist in achieving competitive results that demonstrate athletic excellence.
•Demonstrating a sincere interest in the social, emotional, academic development, as well as the athletic welfare of student-athletes.
•Demonstrating excellent writing, speaking and listening abilities.
•Exhibiting supportive and cooperative behavior in pursuing sport program goals established by the Head Women’s Swimming Coach.
• Exhibiting leadership and professional behavior in dealing with student-athletes.
•Completing all assignments made by the Head Women’s Swimming Coach including but not limited to budget management, scheduling, travel arrangements and fundraising.
•Responsible for teaching in the required Physical Education program.
•Participating in continuing education conferences, workshops, or meetings to increase professional skills and knowledge.
•Perform driving duties as assigned.
•Exhibiting the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with adherence to NCAA, Council of Ivy League Presidents, University, and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education rules and regulations.
•Contributing to the maintenance of good working relationships with all members of the Department.
•Performing duties as assigned by the Director, Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education
**** Salary commensurate with experience***
Date posted: August 31, 2020
Location: 12332 Ranch Rd 620 N, Austin, TX 78750, USA
with Waterloo Swimming
Waterloo Swimming (WLOO) is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable Swim Coach to direct/lead our Gold swim group. The Gold group is composed of of 13-14 yr old swimmers that have multiple TAGS cuts or a season away from those time standards. Swimmers in this group are expected to make a strong commitment with respect to attendance and training efforts. These swimmers are striving to maximize their age group abilities, while readying themselves for Sectional cuts.
Duties and skills of the Lead Swim Coach include but are not limited to:
- Abide by the American Swimming Coaches Association Code of Ethics, the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and Waterloo Swimming policies and procedures.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with our curriculum, practice schedules, and be supportive of the overall philosophy and direction of Waterloo Swimming.
- Grow, coach, oversee, and manage our Waterloo Swimming program by writing and executing workouts, attending meets, entering swimmers into meets via software, running clinics, and social functions. Teach proper swim techniques and stroke mechanics
- Is willing and motivated to work/be involved on multiple fronts within the organization- leading or assisting with fundraisers, special events and team-builders, clinics, camps, evaluation process, attend home and away meets, and participate in coaches’ education opportunities.
- Assist other coaches/instructors as needed within Waterloo Swimming and communicate regularly with counterpart group coaches. Recommend group practice assignments for each swimmer. Substitute for other coaches as needed. Prepare and submit swimmers’ meet entries and attend assigned swim meets.
- Interact effectively with parents
- Keep records and reports as directed by the Head Coach. Maintaining a safe pool environment during practices (water quality checks/pool area clean up/etc)
- Model proper dress, language, demeanor, and sportsmanship for swimmers. Exhibit daily a passion for helping swimmers maximize their potential
- Possess USA Swimming certifications and credentials commensurate with the position.
- Work with the Waterloo Leadership Team to make the program the preeminent swim program in Texas. Work within our Waterloo culture of being an Athlete-Centric center of excellence; getting Results through FUNdamentals; supporting Attendence+Effort=Success philosophy; and, building out our #swimfamily culture
Date posted: August 30, 2020
Location: 6193 Kraft Avenue. S.E., Grand Rapids, MI 49512
with Davenport University Swimming and Diving
At Davenport University, we know what it takes to be successful. With over 150 years of providing quality education under our belts, thousands of Davenport graduates are making an impact on the world with the knowledge and skills they learned here. Our team of faculty and staff collaborate to make this possible. Joining DU means growing and advancing your own career, while making a lasting impact on our students, colleagues and the communities in which we serve. Would you like to be part of our success? It all starts here!
Asst Coach-Swimming/Diving (12 Month Contract – Dive Coach)
WORK LOCATION: Grand Rapids – Lettinga Campus
TARGET HIRING RANGE: $10,000 paid annually over the duration of the contract year. Actual pay offered will be commensurate with candidate qualifications and experience, and pay equity both internal and external.
This position has responsibilities that include coaching, practice planning and recruitment. These responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with the University’s mission, and values which include diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Assist in providing instruction to student athletes regarding the specific skills needed to play the sport, to build and inspire great teamwork, and for their own character development.
- Assist in the planning, organization, and implementation of inter-collegiate games and practices.
- Assist the head coach to build a cohesive and competitive program.
- Assist supervisor in the monitoring of the student athletes academic performance.
- Abide by the rules and regulations of the league in which you will be competing.
- Understand and abide by universal standards of confidentiality and ethical decision-making.
- Responsible for assisting the head coach with recruiting of student athletes.
- Responsible for taking a leadership role in the athletic program.
- Assist Athletic Department in athletic issues as needed.
- Understand and abide by all external and internal regulations and policies. This includes NCAA, GLIAC and national affiliations associated within athletics or other role specific regulations.
- Provides GREAT customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our customers.
- Demonstrate and promote the University Cultural Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum one to three years of advanced coaching experience. College coaching experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Strong service-oriented skills and the ability to have an exceptional customer service attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately and effectively with computerized data systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation and positive reactions to change and conflict resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral which transcend diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to students, parents, faculty, staff, and others while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
As a contract coach you will be eligible for benefits that include tuition remission, flexible work arrangements, professional development opportunities and more!
Date posted: August 28, 2020
Location: Anderson, Indiana, USA
with Anderson University
Anderson University, a NCAA Division III institution and a member of the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference, is accepting applications for a full-time head coach of the men’s and women’s swimming & diving programs. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: overseeing all phases of competitive men’s and women’s swimming programs, recruiting, competition scheduling and travel, student-athlete development and team building, practice oversight, meet coaching, fundraising and budget management. General oversight of part time diving coach currently on staff coaching the divers.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree (required); a master’s degree is preferred. Also required are previous coaching experience (collegiate preferred); a clear understanding of NCAA III philosophy and the student-athlete experience; ability to recruit in Indiana and contiguous states; ability to work as a part of a team environment; a demonstrated commitment to the Anderson University mission and Christian lifestyle. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate with a diverse student body, faculty and staff, effective problem solving skills and personal initiative.
Benefits: .83, benefits eligible position.
|Position Available: Immediately|
Anderson University is on a mission to educate students for lives of faith and service, offering more than 60 undergraduate majors, 30 three-year degrees, 20 NCAA Division III intercollegiate sports, alongside adult and graduate programs. The private, liberal arts institution is fully accredited and recognized among top colleges for its business, computer science, cybersecurity, dance, engineering, nursing, and teacher education programs. Anderson University was established in 1917 in Anderson, Indiana, by the Church of God.
AU is an equal opportunity employer. Persons who bring diversity are encouraged to apply. Anderson University complies with federal and state requirements for non-discrimination in employment with regard to sex, age, race, color, disability, and national and ethnic origin.