Date posted: September 27, 2021
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
with Capital City Country Club
Capital City Country Club
General Job Description: Manages all aquatic facilities, staff, activities, programs and events to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all members. Must be available in-season holidays (Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day) and seasonal weekends (May, June, July and August).
Reports to: Health and Fitness Director.
Supervises: Pool Management Company, Swim Coaches (Head and Assistants), Water Aerobics Instructors.
Classification: Full-time, Year-Round.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pool Management Company.
- Oversee lifeguard scheduling, rotation, performance, etc.
- Oversee pool maintenance – ensure cleanliness, proper chemical balance, filtration, etc.
- Directs the patrolling of the pool and enforcement of safety rules and regulations.
- Develops and maintains a pool safety program.
- Oversee seasonal pool opening and closing.
- Club Maintenance Services and Housekeeping.
- Collaborate with Maintenance Staff with regards to pool operation, pool equipment and surrounding deck/area.
- Collaborate with housekeeping re: restrooms, towel service, trash receptacles, etc.
- Collaborate with all departments re: seasonal pool opening and closing.
- Other duties as needed.
- Hire, schedule and supervise swim coaches.
- Maintain swim team website.
- Manage swim team registration and billing.
- Ensures all swim lessons are billed properly and prepares commission report every Sunday for supervisor’s approval.
- Design, order and distribute team gear.
- Collaborate with Swim Team Committee.
- Plan, manage and execute all swim team special events – home meets, Family Fund Night, awards banquet, etc.
- Attend all Country Club Swim League of Atlanta Meetings.
- Assist Head Swim Coach with the planning, management and execution of swim team awards and incentives (practice attendance, time standards, awards, etc.).
- Provide necessary equipment and safe environment for swim team practices, meets and special events.
- Collaborate with club management and staff for the planning and management of special events (Memorial Day, Fourth of July, etc.).
Lessons and Programs
- Manage all aspects of the year-round swim lesson program.
- Schedule and manage (including training, hiring, payroll) water aerobics program.
- Collaborate with Seven C’s re: the Aquatic Program for summer camps.
- Schedule and coordinate outdoor and indoor parties.
- Schedule and manage adult masters swim program.
- Schedule and manage adult multi-sport swim program.
- Collaborate with club manager on developing the annual aquatics budget and manage aquatics budget.
- Collaborate with food and beverage staff with pool-side events involving F&B services.
- Ensure swim tests for members and their guests under the age of 10 are administered efficiently.
- Assumes supervisory duties at the fitness center during off-season as scheduled.
- Other duties as required.
Preparation, Training and Experience
- College Degree preferred.
- Prior management experience preferred.
- Must have CPR/First Aid/AED certifications or the ability to obtain within 60 days.
- Must have Water Safety and Lifeguard Instructor and Certified Pool Operator certifications.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the Aquatics industry.
- Water Aerobics Certification.
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher, Hytek Team Manager and Meet Manager.
Date posted: September 27, 2021
Location: 6645 Morris Road, Hamilton, OH, USA
with Great Miami Valley YMCA
GREAT MIAMI VALLEY YMCA
Title: Sr. AQUATICS DIRECTOR
FLSA Status: Exempt
Status: Full-Time Department: Aquatics
Reports to: Branch Executive Revision Date: 11/30/2018
Under the direction of the Branch Executive and in accordance with the Christian nature and purpose of the Great Miami Valley YMCA Association, the Aquatics Director administers, supervises, and develops the aquatic programs and services of the Branch. Recreational and instructional programs are conducted for preschoolers, youth and adults in accordance with the program and membership policies of the branch.
GREAT MIAMI VALLEY YMCA ASSOCIATION SUMMARY:
OUR MISSION: To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.
OUR IMPACT: To strengthen our community by providing opportunities to serve children, individuals, and families in a safe environment which encourages all to live healthy lives and to exhibit positive character values such as faith, caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
1. Develop and expand aquatics programs and services for all age groups.
2. Develop long range vision and strategies for the Aquatics Department.
3. Recruit and secure sufficient qualified staff and volunteers to effectively operate the facility and programs of the departments as budgeted and approved.
4. Supervise and guide all aquatic staff in the duties outlined in their job descriptions.
5. Organize, staff, and conduct registration for all aquatics programming.
6. Plan and develop the schedule for all aquatics programming.
7. Collaborate with community organizations and service agencies to provide YMCA aquatic programs for all populations.
8. Lead the planning and development of a continuous program of staff and volunteer training and development, affording the opportunity for total staff certification in YMCA aquatic leadership. Provide CPR and First Aid training for all branch staff.
9. Inspect the facilities and equipment within the department to ensure high standards of maintenance, cleanliness, and repair of equipment.
10. Understand and implement total emergency procedures, closing and opening of the pool facilities, etc.
11. Provide ongoing member services to program participants, parents, staff, and volunteers to ensure understanding of their needs and current trends.
12. Conduct and prepare aquatic evaluations including cost analysis, program enrollments, and qualitative measures of program and membership services.
13. Plan and develop an annual budget of income and expense for the department. Administer the annual budget as approved emphasizing income production and expense control.
14. Manage all first aid and blood-borne pathogen kits for all areas of operation of all facilities.
15. Manage surplus supplies and place all orders as necessary. Maintain supplies in an organized manner.
16. Manage pool and whirlpool operations.
17. Support all branch and association-wide membership retention and engagement initiatives including annual campaign efforts.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree in Recreation or Health and Physical Education or related field is required or Associate’s degree and relevant experience.
2. Experience: Must have experience in aquatics, preferably two to three years at the YMCA.
3. YMCA Lifeguard or equivalent certification required.
4. Experience in leadership roles in YMCA Aquatic Institutes and seminars to include training of preschool swimming, progressive swimming, and lifesaving specialist instructors preferred.
5. Budget development and administration skills preferred. Planning and program development skills preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Date posted: September 26, 2021
Location: Concord, NC 28025, USA
with Sailfish Aquatics
Sailfish Aquatics based in the Concord, NC area is looking for a coach to assist in our Age Group and Senior Developmental Programs. More information on the team is available at sailfishaquatics.org
Sailfish has 2 sites in the Concord area and is hiring a new Associate Coach. Responsibilities of this position includes pool and dry land coaching, as well as administrative duties related to their groups and overall team operations. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree, experience as a swim coach or athlete, excellent organization and communication skills, and a desire to learn and advance as a professional swim coach. The ability to have fun teaching and motivating our athletes by creating an positive and enthusiastic environment is a must for this position.
Candidate will need to complete all USA Swimming coach requirements, having ASCA level two coaching certification is a plus, or ability to obtain quickly would be preferred. This is a great opportunity with a competitive salary.
Position to begin immediately. Please send resume with cover letter, to [email protected]
Date posted: September 24, 2021
Location: 2600 Mendon Rd, Cumberland, RI, USA
with Anglerfish Aquatics
Anglerfish Aquatics is a coach-owned program serving the greater Providence and Boston area. Our team consists of 60+ number full-time swimmers, an additional 50 part-time swimmers, and a swim lesson program. Our home pool is an indoor, six lane 5 25 yard pool with outdoor facility access including a track, indoor gym. The team is young and in 3 short years had emerged as one of the top programs in New England at the age group and senior team levels and has developed Nationally ranked swimmers.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, organized, and professional swim coach to serve as both the assistant for our Elite group, and Head Coach of our age group practices. The right person possesses strong communication skills, is knowledgeable of the TeamUnify platform, and knows how to write a workout and season plan for the 10-14 age groups. This position will include administrative duties outside of those required for the head coach of a practice group.
• Head coach for our 3-B (11-14 years old) six practices per week, 11.5 months out of the year.
• Assistant coach for our elite National group 6-8 practices per week, 11.5 months out of the year.
• Attend 1-2 swim meets a month (both local and travel) as assigned by head coach.
• Oversee athlete progression and contribute to upward trajectory of athletes through all levels of the program.
• Perform administrative duties (8-10 hours per week) including scheduling of staff, assisting head coach in oversight and mentoring of staff, parent communication, and contribution to the team’s various social media accounts. Other administrative duties to be assigned.
• Participate and engage in program season and future planning exercises.
• Oversight and management of one major fundraising activity per year.
• Preferred 4+ years of USA Swimming team coaching leading high level age group (11+ year olds) or senior level swimmers.
• Currently credentialed USA Swimming coach (all current USA Swimming coach member requirements either fulfilled or able to be immediately re-certified).
• Proven ability to foster an environment of inclusion and excellence in swimming through dryland, in-water practices, other team activities, and competitions.
• Understands proper technique, stroke development, and advanced aerobic training for age group and senior swimmers.
• An interest in continuing education. We are looking for a coach who is continually striving to gain more knowledge, be curious, and share this knowledge with the swimmers and fellow staff members
Additional Qualifications (not required by highly sought):
• Knowledge of Meet Manager platform
• Previous experience as a swim meet Operational Risk (Safety) Director
• Previous experience as a staff member for an LSC Zone team or camp
Minimum Salary – $40,00
weekday hours: Mondays – Thursdays 3:30- 7:30p
Benefits include meet travel expenses covered or reimbursed, paid professional development (clinic/conference attendance), and a small stipend for relocation expense (if necessary).
There is also the opportunity to make significant additional income through swim lessons and clinics.
Date posted: September 24, 2021
Location: 2200 South Kipling Street, Lakewood, CO, USA
with Foothills Swim Team
Lead Age Group Coaching position with the Foothills Swim Team in Lakewood, Colorado. Foothills Swim Team is actively seeking a highly motivated and committed coach to fill the role of a Lead Coach at the Age Group level to begin immediately. Foothills Swim Team is a year-round competitive swimming program offering instruction, training, and competition for young people ages 5 and up. We have over 200 USA Swimming registered members and operate from three locations: Carmody Recreation center (50 meters by 25 yards), Lilley Gulch recreation center (6-lane 25 Meter), and Ridge Recreation Center (10-lane 25 yards).
- Minimum 2 + years prior coaching experience as a USA Swimming certified coach.
- American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA) Level 1 or higher
- Must be current on all USA Swimming Coach Membership requirements.
- Must be in good standing with all USA Swimming required safety and background check requirements.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Support the Head Coach in the implementation of team direction and goals with the age group swimmers and training groups.
- Support the age-appropriate swim programs for the swimmers within your assigned training group as defined by the Head Coaches.
- Support the development of each swimmer within the FST membership so that they achieve to their highest potential.
- Support the meet schedules as assigned by the Head Coaches.
Attend all team functions by directive of the Head Coaches.
Must have the ability to work with the entire coaching staff to build a uniform system.
- Passion and enthusiasm for competitive swimming and a desire to excel professionally.
Specific Group Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all Lead Coach duties for up to two training groups as assigned by Head Coaches – including, but not limited to: development and implementation of a season plan in-line with the team’s overall goals; all meet entries for athletes within respective group(s); timely communication with parents of athletes within respective group(s).
- Assist with other groups as needed and directed.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Hourly pay starting at $17.00 per hour
- Full Mileage reimbursements for away meets
Full meal reimbursements for away meets
Date posted: September 24, 2021
Location: 111 North Post Oak Lane, Houston, TX, USA
with The Houstonian, Hotel Club & Spa
Seeking Lifeguards with positive and friendly attitudes, attention to detail, and the ability to follow written and verbal instructions. Prior customer service experience strongly preferred.
The Lifeguard’s primary role is to ensure the safety of patrons and coworkers, constant surveillance of the pools, recognizing and preventing hazardous behaviors, inspecting pool areas for potential problems and hazards, taking appropriate action and watching for unusual activity in and around the pool areas.
Lifeguard’s secondary duties will include, but are not limited to: maintaining pool chemistry logs, cleaning and maintaining the pool areas, assisting coworkers with set up and tear down of a class area, and greeting and assisting members.
Lifeguards are required to attend all Lifeguard In-Services and Aquatics, Club and Company meetings. Must be at least 17 years of age. Lifeguards will be required to work weekends, holidays and all Aquatics related events. Current Lifeguard, CPR and First Aid Certification are required. Candidates will audition to show skills are strong and up to date.
Date posted: September 22, 2021
Location: 280 Central Ave, Fredonia, NY, USA
with Fredonia State University
Head Coach, Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving
Rewards & Benefits
- Competitive compensation plus comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental, and vision insurance and retirement plan options including a fixed pension plan or a 401(A) with generous employer contributions;
- Paid leave provisions including vacation, sick and holiday leave; impressive educational benefits including tuition-free study plus supplemental tuition aid;
- A rich array of services, programs and benefits to help employees advance in their career and enhance the quality of their personal life, including professional development programs and services, employee EAP and wellness programs, discounted membership to the on-campus fitness center, and access to the Campus and Community Child Care Center.
Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the head coach will discharge the following responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of a competitive NCAA Division III men’s and women’s swimming & diving program. This will include recruiting and retention of student-athletes, practice and meet preparation and coaching, supervision and mentoring of part-time assistant coaches, budgeting, fundraising, planning and supervising all team travel, and alumni relations.
- Oversee and supervise pool facility and lifeguards, to include scheduling of lifeguards.
- Teach courses in Lifeguarding, based upon requests from the Registrar.
- Mentor and coach student-athletes and assist student-athletes in the development of swimming skills and an understanding of swimming strategies necessary to succeed.
- Assist with sourcing and hire of a diving coach to facilitate rebuild of competitive diving program.
- Demonstrate a commitment to maintaining compliance with NCAA, SUNYAC and Fredonia rules and regulations.
- Participate in committees and provide service to the Department, University, and Profession.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Demonstrated record of successful participation, coaching and recruiting in the sport of swimming
- Demonstrated high level of motivation with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated willingness and ability, to travel and work a flexible schedule
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff and work with student employees
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and the needs of diverse faculty, staff, students, and university community
- Willingness to work collaboratively with colleagues for program growth and enhancement
- Possess current CPR/AED and First Aid Certification or ability to immediately obtain
- Valid state driver’s license
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Prior experience coaching at the NCAA Division III level
Date posted: September 21, 2021
Location: 2919 N Litchfield Rd, Goodyear, AZ, USA
with YMCA Westside Silver Fins
The Westside Silver Fins, as a USA Swimming team, is a non-profit organization offering competitive swim programs for the novice through national-caliber athlete. YMCA Westside Silver Fins has demonstrated consistent success since its inception in local, regional, national, and international competitions.
Through our vision of “Developing Champions in Life Through Excellence in Swimming”, the YMCA Westside Silver Fins subscribe to a philosophy of teaching and training that provides for maximum long-term performances for its swimmers both in and out of the pool. The center of our coaching philosophy resides with the building of a foundation of strong technique and a love for racing through a strong aerobic base. Leadership and accountability are two essential “life skills” we strive to develop in our athletes. We are divided into eight (8) different groups based on a variety of factors that include age, ability, maturity, performance and attitude. As swimmers progress through the programs they will be given more responsibility for their swims and performances. Swimmers learn self-discipline, time management, sportsmanship and goal setting – important lessons that will help prepare them for life, as well as swimming.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A SENIOR PROGRAM DIRECTOR OF COMPETITIVE SWIM:
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops and directs diverse staff and volunteers. Holds others accountable for equitable staff hiring, promotion, and development. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Guides others on how to strengthen knowledge, skills, and competencies that improve organizational performance.
- Ensures programs and services meet community needs to include supervising existing program activities, establishing new program activities, and expanding the program within the community Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with program objectives, guidelines, and policies.
- Manages the program, including developing and monitoring the program budget to meet fiscal objectives; compiling program statistic to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in program; and creating and scheduling practices and meets.
- Organize, planning, and scheduling of all team travel involving the Silver Fins swim program.
Date posted: September 21, 2021
Location: San Jose, CA, USA
with San Jose State University
San José State University Athletics is an integral part of the University and exists to promote the common good through athletic competition by providing equitable opportunities for men and women to compete at the NCAA Division I level. The athletics program strives to create a diverse and inclusive environment emphasizing academics, compliance, student-athlete welfare, fair play sportsmanship and Spartan Pride. https://sjsuspartans.com/
The Assistant Swimming and Diving Coach, is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in organizing and managing all phases of a Division I Diving program, including recruiting, team travel, strength & conditioning, student-athlete academic monitoring, public speaking, competition scheduling, budget management, and community/donor relations.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
Date posted: September 21, 2021
Location: 1013 Jones Franklin Rd, Raleigh, NC, USA
with RALEIGH SWIMMING ASSOCIATION INC
Interested in working in the dynamic, fast-growing Triangle Area of North Carolina? Passionate about coaching age group swimmers? Are you an energetic coach who loves to learn?
Raleigh Swimming Association (RSA) is searching for a coach to work with our Age Group athletes. This is a salaried position with benefits. Compensation is commensurate with experience. The start date for this position is April 2022.
Responsibilities of this position include:
-Leading a minimum of two practice groups
-Season planning and implementing engaging, appropriately challenging and fun practices for those groups
-Assisting a minimum of one practice group
-Attending 1-2 meets per month
-Performing daily administrative tasks
-Communicating in writing, as well as in person, with parents and providing written feedback (progress reports) to parents
-Leading and assisting with clinics periodically throughout the year
Minimum requirements for this position include:
-Current USA Swimming coaching credentials
-Current lifeguard certification or willingness to obtain certification within 30 days of being hired
-Outstanding communication skills
-Experience leading practice groups, experience with multiple age groups is preferred
Date posted: September 21, 2021
Location: Tigard, OR, USA
with Tigard Tualatin Swim Club
Have you always wanted to live in the Pacific Northwest? Do you have energy, passion for working with kids, and love swimming? Do you want to be part of a great swim team with a family-feel? Then look no further! The Tigard-Tualatin Swim Club (TTSC) is currently hiring for several positions.
TTSC is a multi-site team that operates out of pools in both Tigard and Tualatin, OR (suburbs of Portland). Our team was a Bronze Medal Club with USA Swimming in back-to-back years for 2020 and 2021. We currently have approximately 120 swimmers ranging from age 6 to 18.
TTSC is currently looking for a Head Age Group Coach, an assistant age group coach, and a senior-level coach. Hours and responsibilities vary by position, but all require between 1-3 hours on deck coaching, Monday-Friday, and potentially some Saturday morning practices. Meets are typically once or twice per month.
1) Positive and energetic presence with a passion for working with children.
2) Past experience with competitive swimming and/or coaching/teaching swimming.
3) Strong communication skills.
4) Proficiency with Team Unify web services, meet entries, and communication (or willingness to learn).
5) Current CPR, First Aid, Coaches Safety, and Safe Sport certifications and membership in good standing with USA Swimming (or willing/able to obtain all necessary certifications).
Preferred start date: Immediate.
Head Age Group Coach salary range: $33,000-$36,000 + $1000 hiring bonus (bonus paid out in 2 installments at 3 and 6 months of continued employment)
Age Group/Senior 2 Group coach pay rate: $20 per hour + $500 hiring bonus (bonus paid out in 2 installments at 3 and 6 months of continued employment)
For more information about our team and programs, please visit our website at www.ttsc.org
Date posted: September 17, 2021
Location: 125 N. Madison Street
with The University of Iowa
Assist with the coaching and administration of the Iowa Flyers Swim Club program, with primary responsibility for the developmental and age group swimmers in the general track. The position also provides assistance as needed by the head coach with implementing workouts for the elite track. This position includes administrative duties related to the operation of the club in addition to coaching.
Program Development & Implementation
- Assist in coordinating on-deck coaching and supervision to all Iowa Flyers Swim Club participants during all practice sessions and competitions.
- Coordinate with head coach on planning and the execution of daily and long term practices.
- Coaching responsibilities include primarily the developmental and age group swimmers in the general track. Will provide help as needed by the head coach with implementing workouts for the elite track.
- Promote the values of teamwork, self-discipline, dedication, work ethic, sportsmanship, and time management with all club participants and coaches.
- Take on a leadership role in state and national governing swim club organizations by serving in officer positions when possible.
- Maintain and improve personal professional skills and education by attending appropriate professional development workshops, conferences, trainings, and seminars. Maintain memberships in applicable professional organizations and governing bodies.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Maintains productive work relationships while considering multiple perspectives.
- Demonstrates awareness of one’s own and others’ social identities (e.g. race, gender, disability status, religion, etc.) and their relevance in the workplace.
- Understand performance management concepts.
- Knows organization’s core performance factors and ratings.
- Can explain organization’s performance management process.
- Participates in own performance review or performance checkpoint session.
Safety, Injury Prevention and Emergency Procedures
- Administers appropriate first aid and follows emergency procedures.
- Treats and reports all situations and incidents endangering personal safety.
- Conducts hazard identification and observes universal precautions for injury prevention.
- Assesses the factors that contribute to intentional and unintentional injury.
- Carries out accident/incident investigations in accordance with appropriate safety plans.
Team Management and Team Building
- Understands importance of cohesive team effort and concept of synergy.
- Differentiates characteristics of effective and dysfunctional teams.
- Identifies key factors and requisite activities for building an effective team.
- Can explain traditional versus virtual teams.
Date posted: September 17, 2021
Location: El Segundo, CA 90245, USA
with Beach Cities Swimming
Beach Cities Swimming is looking to add two to three high quality Swimming Coaches to our USA Coaching staff in beautiful Sunny Southern California. We are looking to fill the position sooner rather than later, but will not settle until we find the RIGHT people.
Beach Cities Swimming is located in the South bay (West Los Angeles County, Southern California (Our reach: from Santa Monica all the way south to Rancho Palos Verdes).
We are looking for two individuals who LOVE being on deck, possess the X factor, with that rare ability to get athletes to run through walls for them (willingly of course!), and will stop at nothing to make the program better.
Our Mission Statement “Building World Class Character Through Excellence in Swimming” speaks for itself. Established in 2012 and coming up on our 10 year anniversary. We are non profit Board run team. We are a Silver Medal Club for the 3rd year in a row.
If you ENJOY working in a fast paced positive and competitive swim environment, and are EAGER to join our hard working coaching staff to take our groups to the top, from pre-comp to Nationals, please apply now.
These are well compensated positions. Very strong salary (for those that can work full time and have the proven experience). Very strong hourly rates for those that can’t work full time/ but also have the experience.
You must possess a desire to make every athlete in front of you better in the short time you have them each day.
The energy on the pool deck is driven by the coaches, and is what makes the Beach Cities engine run.
Send me an email explaining why you believe you are the right one to take on this wonderful challenge. Also include your competitive swimming and coaching experience with references. Looking to fill this as soon as we know it’s the right person. [email protected]
If you’re THE COACH who overachieves with what you have in front of you, this might be the opportunity you’ve been waiting a long time for. Time to take your shot and make it happen. Go Beach Cities!
Date posted: September 17, 2021
Location: Redmond Pool, Northeast 104th Street, Redmond, WA, USA
with WAVE Aquatics
WAVE Aquatics is hiring for open Swim Lesson Instructor Positions and Lifeguard Positions
Wave Aquatics offers swim lessons at Redmond Pool and Juanita Aquatics Center (Juanita HS). We are looking for self-motivated and dependable team members to help us offer high quality swim lessons to members of the Eastside community. As well as, hiring Opening Lifeguards at Redmond Pool and Juanita Aquatics Center (Juanita HS)!
Flexible training schedules – Apply today!
All training and certifications provided in house.
Swim Instructor Hours:
- Weekday evenings 5:00 pm – 8:45 pm
- Saturday & Sunday mornings 7:30 am – 12:30 pm
Part time or full time hours available.
Opening shift needed! 5 am – 9:30 am Monday – Friday
• American Red Cross Lifeguard/CPR/AED certification, or willingness to obtain within first 3 months of employment (In-house training available)
• Passion for being in the water and working with kids
• Commitment to a consistent work schedule
• Attendance at mandatory staff meetings
• Pass a standard background check
Swim Lesson Instructor Pay: $16.00 – $17.50 per hour (Part Time)
Lifeguard Pay: $15 to $16.25 /hour (Part Time w/potential for Full Time for right candidate)
All WAVE Aquatics employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than October 18th, 2021.
Date posted: September 16, 2021
Location: 711 Silver Lake Drive, Danville, CA, USA
with Crow Canyon Sharks
The Crow Canyon Sharks located in Danville, CA are seeking an Age Group coach to work primarily with athletes ages 9-14.
The Sharks have traditionally been a small but nationally competitive team, consisting mostly of high school age athletes. We have been a Silver Medal Club for the last 5 years, had athletes in the top 100 in the world in each year 2016-2021, and in 2018 won a Women’s Winter Junior National West title. All done with between 60-70 athletes total on our team.
Over the last year our team has grown to over 200 athletes, the majority of them 14 and Under. The Sharks were ranked 38th by ASCA Top 100 Age Group Team in 2021 and our goal is to increase our ranking in 2022!
We are continuing to grow quickly and need another committed coach to help take our age group program to new heights.
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience ranging from $60,000 – $75,000.
- Opportunity for advancement in title and significant increase in compensation based on performance.
- Coordinate with the head coach to generate seasonal, monthly and weekly training plans
- Run practices 6 days a week with focus and enthusiasm (typically 2 hours and 45 minutes a day)
- Establish and maintain relationships and open communication with athletes and their parents
- Work swim meets (typically 2 weekends a month)
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Prepare a monthly report of your training groups for parents
- Demonstrate and promote our core team values of Teamwork, Toughness, and Trust
- Certified USA Swim Coach in good standing
- Minimum 5 years experience coaching USA swimming
- Proven track record of high performance at the Age Group and/or Senior Level