Boulder Swim Team – Assistant Swim Coach
Date posted: February 20, 2023
Location: Boulder, CO, USA
with Boulder Swim Team
Boulder Swim Team – Assistant Swim Coach
Boulder Swim Team is looking for a qualified coach eager to learn and contribute to our program. Candidates need to be certified in CPR/AED, First Aid, and Lifeguard or Coaches Safety Training, and any other required certifications per USA Swimming and/or CO Swimming. Also must be able to pass a background check. Please Boulder Swim Team at [email protected] with your interest.
**Boulder Swim Team will reimburse all employees for required education/training/certifications. **
General Summary: Assistant coach with all age groups. Duties include analyzing performance and instructs competitive swimming technique for children ages 7 – 18 years old.
Schedule: Average of 3 shifts(~3 hrs each shift) per week, plus 1 meet weekend per month.
- Coaching membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
- Minimum 1 year (preferred 3yrs) previous coaching and/or aquatics experience.
- ASCA Level 1 or above certification preferred.
- Candidates should have exceptional communication and motivation skills with children.
- Work under the direction of the head coach
- Provide input on training plan and conduct workouts.
- Emphasize proper stroke technique and understand the progression for each training group.
- Conducting test sets, dry land sessions following the season plan, tracking performance, and attending coaches’ meetings and all other functions related.
- Reliable transportation to practices, meets and team functions required.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary Range: $19.00 to $25.00 /hour commensurate with experience
Head Coach, Women’s Swimming & Diving
Date posted: February 20, 2023
Location: 1414 University Boulevard Southeast, Albuquerque, NM, USA
with University of New Mexico
Position Summary: The University of New Mexico Athletics Department, a Division 1 Mountain West institution, seeks a Head Coach to direct, oversee, and manage all aspects of the Women’s Swimming program within the guidelines, rules and regulations of the University, Conference, and the NCAA. Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Identify, evaluate and recruit student-athletes to succeed at the University of New Mexico in accordance with NCAA rules and regulations.
- Coach, instruct, and mentor student-athletes while planning and managing team practice, scheduling, and more.
- Be responsible in all areas of team performance.
- Hire, supervise, and develop assistant coaches.
- Represent the Women’s Swimming program to various external constituencies including students, parents, media, donors, and the general public.
- Manage daily operations of the Swimming program including all administrative and financial operations of the program.
- Participate in fundraising and community events as well as promotion and marketing opportunities.
- Maintain knowledge of, and compliance with, specific NCAA, Mountain West, and institutional rules that relate to this position is required.
- Serve as Campus Security Authority as outlined by the Cleary Act.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree; minimum directly related experience requirement is determined by the VP for Athletics.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- 3-5 years of collegiate coaching experience
- Experience coaching at NCAA Division 1 Level
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Demonstrated excellent leadership and communication skills acquired as an NCAA-level coach.
- Thorough working knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the sport.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules governing the recruitment and retention of student-athletes.
- Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.
Conditions of Employment
- Employees in this job title are subject to the terms and conditions of an employment contract. Employment contracts are typically subject to review and renewal on an annual basis.
- Compliance with all NCAA rules and regulations is required in this position.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Light physical effort. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 10 pounds or some standing or walking. Effort applies to no more than two (2) hours per day.
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks, such as operating dangerous equipment or working with chemicals.
Head Age Group Coach
Date posted: February 20, 2023
Location: Atascocita, TX, USA
with Eagle Aquatics, Inc
- ASCA Level III or above.
- Must have (or obtain prior to being on deck) certifications in Adult & Pediatric/Child CPR and AED, as well as Safety Training for Swim Coaches (STSC).
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Minimum 3-5 yrs. coaching experience preferred
- Passionate about swimming & teaching & development of younger/newer athletes.
- Knowledge of competitive swimming and all swimming strokes (Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly, Freestyle)
- Must possess/be able to demonstrate:
- leadership skills,
- Decision-making ability (in interest of athletes & organization),
- Timely & professional communication (written & verbal) with coaches, parents and swimmers,
- & be willing to follow directives from board/owner.
- Must possess good problem-solving skills and have the capability to act rationally and calmly in all situations.
- Ability to work with and maintain professional relationships with staff & high school coaches.
- Must have a working knowledge of Team Unify & Hytek.
- Responsible management of team funds.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for developing our Age Group program swimmers (ages 5-14) to be ready to compete at the Jr & Sr Levels.
- Develop and maintain a season plan for the Age Group Program that shows increased knowledge of the progression of our age group program and develops innovative techniques that show success and improvement. (This includes yardage and technique goals as well as how the group is being differentiated).
- Responsible for writing a monthly report on the prior month’s success, needs for improvement, and goals for the next month.
- Work collaboratively with the head coach to develop and follow through on program goals to enhance a club that is consistently trying to meet its mission/vision while always trying to innovate.
- Assist Head coach as needed.
- Supervise swimmers in the pool area at all times.
- Responsible for helping maintain a safe atmosphere by adhering to all USA swimming rules and regulations and providing positive and constructive feedback to our swimmers and parents.
- Must show an ability to work with and communicate well with all age groups, parents, and athletes.
- Greet, acknowledge, and interact with members at all times.
- Create an educational, safe, and inviting experience for all participants.
- Initiate, develop, and maintain positive relationships with all participants
- Provide a safe, clean, and organized pool area
- In charge of:
- Aiding head coach with setting calendar – practice & meet schedules
- Aiding head coach with staffing and staff schedules
- Staff mentoring & development (including professional development)
- Aiding head coach with team/organization planning & development (including help starting & staffing a learn to swim program)
- Meet entries for age groups swimmers
- Aid in the management of age group travel.
- Maintain team practice and master calendars and report the monthly calendar to our school district (rental) liaison.
- Run monthly meetings with age group coaches
- Vacation – two weeks in August and one in March built in as well as one during either Thanksgiving or Holiday Break (concurrent with school breaks), or upon request and approval.
Lifeguard – Seasonal (Spring/Summer)
Date posted: February 17, 2023
Location: 111 North Post Oak Lane, Houston, TX, USA
with The Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa
The Lifeguard’s primary role is to ensure the safety of patrons and coworkers. This will be done by constant surveillance of the pools, recognizing and preventing hazardous behaviors, inspecting pool areas for potential problems and hazards, taking appropriate action and watching for unusual activity in and around the pool areas.
Lifeguard’s secondary duties will include, but is not limited to: maintaining pool chemistry logs, cleaning and maintaining the pool areas, assisting coworkers with set up and tear down of a class area, and greeting and assisting members. Prior customer service experience strongly preferred,
This position requires current Lifeguard, CPR and First Aid Certifications. – Lifeguard candidates will audition to show skills are strong and up to date. Lifeguards are required to attend all Lifeguard In-Services and Aquatics, Club and Company meetings. Must be at least 17 years of age.
Lifeguards possess a positive and friendly attitude, an eye for cleanliness and detail, and the ability to follow written and verbal instructions. Lifeguards will be required to work some weekends, holidays and all Aquatics related events. Starts at $15.00 per hour.
Cincinnati Marlins Senior Coach (Full time)
Date posted: February 17, 2023
Location: 616 West North Bend Road, Cincinnati, OH, USA
with Cincinnati Marlins
The Cincinnati Marlins are seeking a full time Senior Age Group Swim Coach. The Cincinnati Marlins are a not for profit year round swim club based in three locations in the greater Cincinnati area. Our central location is at the newly renovated Keating Natatorium at St. Xavier High School in Finneytown. Our South site is at Northern Kentucky University in Highland Heights, Kentucky and our North site is at Five Seasons Sports Club in Blue Ash, Ohio. The Marlins provide programming for nearly 400 members across our lessons, pre-competitive, competitive, water polo, and master’s groups.
A successful candidate will bring an abundance of positive energy and focus to the senior swimmers in the club and will also have responsibilities in the age group program. The Senior Coach will report directly to the Head Coach/CEO. They will work collaboratively with the Head Age Group Coach and the North and South site leads to assist, identify, and guide athletes towards the Senior level within the Marlins. Working with athletes to set and achieve their goals from Age Group State to Trials and into collegiate swimming is an absolute must. This position will consist of on deck coaching, administrative duties, mentoring of assistant coaches, and assisting the Head Coach/CEO with assigned tasks.
We are seeking a team member with a TEAM first mentality who is driven to learn, share, grow, and work hard. Candidates must be energetic, motivated, and be able to encourage all of the athletes in our club with positive energy. Competency in teaching and developing stroke technique is a must. Understanding and previous experience with the USA Swimming American Development Model is preferred.
Senior Coach Responsibilities:
- Available to coach in the mornings, evenings, and weekends throughout the year.
- Must be able to attend 1-2 weekend meets per month or more depending on the time of year.
- Serve as a role model for athletes by demonstrating professionalism in their interactions with swimmers, parents, and fellow coaches.
- Provide clear and professional communication with swimmers, parents, and coaches.
- Send weekly updates to their groups.
- Create a fun and inviting learning environment to encourage growth and retention.
- Develop and execute programs geared toward competitive Senior Groups or any other assigned role/group.
- Work directly with the Head Age Group Coach to develop a development model that fits the vision of the Head Coach/CEO.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and contribute to the team.
- Manage staff credentials to ensure that all Marlins Staff members are current in their coaching certifications.
- Assist in maintaining a social media presence to promote the team.
- Manage meet entries for swimmers in their group and oversees meet entries for the entire team including meeting entry deadlines.
- Engage in continuing education through USA Swimming, ASCA and Ohio Swimming.
- Participate in all team functions.
- Minimum 3 years working with Senior level swimmers.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Has knowledge and experience of technical, training and skill development aspects of training at all ability levels.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner.
- Problem Solver
- Willingness to complete continuing education.
- Must pass all background checks and maintain good standing coach membership status with USA Swimming.
- Annual salary will be commensurate with the candidates experience.
- Position includes a comprehensive benefits package including health, eye care, and dental insurance.
- The Marlins also provide a retirement plan with matching contributions from the team.
- Reimbursement for approved travel and continuing education will be provided.
Assistant Swim Coach
Date posted: February 16, 2023
Location: Pasadena, CA, USA
with Rose Bowl Aquatics Center
Rose Bowl Aquatics is a USA Swimming Silver Medal Club located in Pasadena, California. This person will focus on athletes ages 11-18 years old, but Assistant Coaches at Rose Bowl have the opportunity to work with multiple groups across all levels of the team. The ideal candidate will bring an inspirational energy, swimming expertise, and enthusiasm to practice every day. This position reports to the Head Swim Coach.
- Coach swimmers ages 11-18, coach workouts as directed by the lead coaches, write workouts and coach independently as needed based on the lead coach’s schedule;
- Assist with goal meetings and one-on-one check ins, communicate the Rose Bowl vision and help athletes set exciting, inspirational goals;
- Under the supervision of the Head Coach, develop the administrative skills required to be a successful coach, including parent communication, meet entries, and other ad-hoc projects; and
- Maintain active USA Swimming Coach membership, including all courses and certifications
Previous experience coaching swimming is required. High school/summer league experience is good, but prior USA Swimming coaching experience is preferred. Prior experience as an athlete in a USA Swimming program is a plus.
Work is generally performed outdoors involving potentially inclement weather conditions. Position requires regular contact with the public, swim athletes and parents. Must be able to work under pressure, exercise sound judgment, and adhere to deadlines.
This classification is non-exempt from FLSA requirements.
Full-Time, Weekends required
$21.00 – $24.00
The Rose Bowl Aquatics Center does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Velocity Swimming Seeks – Head Coach/CEO (open to coach owned proposals)
Date posted: February 15, 2023
Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA
with Velocity Swimming
Velocity Swimming (VS) of Wenatchee, Washington is seeking an energetic, engaging, motivated, and highly skilled Head Coach to lead our year-round competitive swim program in the beautiful Wenatchee Valley. The ideal candidate should provide leadership and guidance to swimmers, assistant coaches and volunteers. The head coach of Velocity should also be capable of developing and implementing a clear vision for the team that compliments the team’s overall 5 year strategic plan.
Velocity Swimming is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization under the direction of a parent volunteer board of directors elected annually by the membership.
Oversees all swim groups and develops training plans for each group
Creates opportunities for competition
Actively coaches one or more swim groups
Dry Side –
Oversees daily operations of the team
Communicates regularly with swimmers/families/coaches
Ensures operations of home meets are complete in a timely manner
Manages team within allocated budget
Provide leadership and guidance to the entire Velocity swim community
Supervise coaching staff
Hire coaching staff as needed
Hold regular coaching meetings
Demonstrates exceptional organizational and leadership skills
Experience in developing swimmers from entry level age group swimmers to National Qualifiers
Excellent communicator (verbal and written)
Member in good standing with USA Swimming including being current on all background checks, certifications, and athlete protection training
Proficient computer skills (Team Unify, Team Manager, Google Suite)
Basic financial skill set (P&L statements, budget process)
Experience in mentoring/developing subordinate coaches
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree and ASCA Level 3 Certification
Velocity Swimming has a rich 40-year history of supporting athletes in the sport of swimming in the Wenatchee Valley. Our team consists of swimmers from beginning level age group athletes to National Qualifiers and everything in between. Our alumni have gone on to swim and study at top ranked universities under all NCAA Divisions. Our team trains at three locations around Wenatchee. During short course season we have 2 indoor 25-yard, 6-lane pools. During the summer long course season, training is held in our outdoor city pool which is 50-meters and 10 lanes located in Pioneer Park in Wenatchee.
Velocity Swimming is located in Wenatchee, WA, the Apple Capital of the World! Wenatchee’s beautiful foothills and valleys, at the confluence of the Wenatchee and Columbia Rivers, offer many great recreational opportunities. Located approximately two and one-half hours from both Seattle and Spokane, Washington’s two largest cities, Wenatchee offers easy access to professional sports teams, concerts, and cultural events. Wenatchee has a proud tradition of providing its own host of minor league sports teams, music, arts, and cultural events. See the “We Are Wenatchee” video links below. Additionally, Wenatchee and the surrounding areas offer some of the best wineries in the world. Mission Ridge Ski Area is located a short 20 -minute drive from downtown. VS is a current member of the Wenatchee Valley Chamber of Commerce. The Wenatchee Valley Chamber of Commerce site link is offered below as well.
Get To KnowWenatchee:
Wenatchee Chamber of Commerce: http://wenatchee.org/
We are Wenatchee Video Part I: https://vimeo.com/88411706
We are Wenatchee Video Part II: https://vimeo.com/121429638
We are Wenatchee Video Part III: https://vimeo.com/208608170
Indian Valley Swim Team Head Coach
Date posted: February 15, 2023
Location: 404 Marshall Drive, Walnut Creek, CA, USA
with Indian Valley Swim Team
Our ongoing goal at IVST is to create an atmosphere where all levels of swimmers are supported and made to feel as an important part of the team. Swim Team coaches are expected to provide an atmosphere in which each individual team member can develop excellent sports conduct, team spirit, build confidence, and improve skills. The coaches are expected to provide instruction in all the competitive strokes, turns, starts, rules, and regulations dictated by our league and practiced at meets in which we participate. The coaching staff will be responsible for creating
participant rosters for swim meets that will best support the team as a whole and provide for each swimmer’s development. The coaches are expected to lead by example by displaying behavior that is inclusive and free of bullying towards your colleagues, children, and parents.
• Supervise and coach all the preseason and regular season practices and meets beginning.
• Attend all swim meets, including City Meet, Conference, and County Meet. (Exception: wedding and honeymoon)
• Actively participate and support all team events, including but not limited to: age-group parties, swim-a-thon, picture day, pasta feed, shave down, awards night, fundraising, etc.
• Assist with set up and take down of the pool before practices, including removal and replacement of covers, lane lines, flags, and starting blocks.
• Complete all meet entries/lineups in Hy-Tek meet manager program in a timely manner.
• Work with coach liaison to create a buddy system between older age group swimmers, and younger age group swimmers such that every younger swimmer has an older buddy.
• Ensure every swimmer is acknowledged at each practice and meets.
• Ensure that practices are engaging and positive.
• Spend time in the water (1-2 days a week) to ensure the below:
• By Time Trials, ensure all coaches know all swimmers’ names.
• By first swim meet, all swimmers will know how to streamline.
• Ensure that at every meet, every swimmer has a touch point with a coach, and is provided feedback as well as encouragement.
• By Conference meet, all swimmers age 9 and above will have a competent flip turn.
• By Conference meet, all swimmers will know how to dive. Encourage 8 and under to dive in during every practice.
• Provide consistent and constructive coaching to all levels of swimmers
Swim Pier Director
Date posted: February 15, 2023
Location: 9 Cody Road, Freedom, NH, USA
with Camp Cody
Swim Director at Camp Cody! June 3rd – August 12th
The Swim Director will plan, direct, and implement activities in Camp Cody’s swimming Program. Overseeing all health and safety, risk assessments, and maintenance of the swimming equipment and area, while delivering lessons and coordinating swimming into the entire camp program.
Receive room, board, on-site training, a salary of $1,000-$1,200 per week. Lifeguard certification is required and available at camp.
Plan, direct, and supervise a safe and fun waterfront program
- Write (with the help of waterfront specialists) lesson plans that meet camp goals.
- Evaluate the aquatics abilities of campers and staff.
- Deliver creative swim and watercraft program activities.
- Train and supervise waterfront staff
- Assist in the planning and implementation of staff training.
- Train waterfront and counseling staff in their waterfront responsibilities.
- Supervise waterfront staff to provide a safe and high-quality program.
- Supervise the waterfront staff evaluation process.
- Implement the scheduling of waterfront staff.
- Directly supervise other aquatic staff.
- Manage the physical facilities and equipment in the waterfront program area
- Set up the waterfront area prior to and during staff training.
- Teach and monitor proper use of equipment.
- Conduct initial and end-of-season inventory and store equipment for safety.
- Check equipment, and make (or file for) repairs.
- Conduct a daily check of equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair.
- Submit orders for equipment and supplies when needed, ensuring timely arrival of materials.
- Survey the waterfront area daily, and keep the area free of hazards and debris.
- Participate as a member of the camp management team to plan, direct, and supervise evening programs, special events, overnights, and other all-camp activities and camp functions
- Work with Program Director and Waterfront Specialists to develop a program curriculum, awards programs, and leadership programs.
- Assist in the planning of any special events on or near the waterfront.
- Participate in management and staff meetings.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $1,000.00 – $1,200.00 per week
- 10 hour shift
All staff must be vaccinated against Covid-19
- Are you currently Lifeguard certified?
- Do you have a Water Safety Instructor certification?
- Experience with Children: 2 years (Preferred)
- Leadership: 2 years (Preferred)
Elmbrook Swim Club Senior II and Masters Coach
Date posted: February 13, 2023
Location: Brookfield, WI, USA
with Elmbrook Swim Club
Elmbrook Swim Club:
(EBSC) is a 200 member competitive team with the mission of “EXCELLENCE IN LIFE THROUGH SWIMMING” located in Brookfield, Wisconsin.
- USA Swimming Club Recognition – Level IV
- USA Swimming Safe Sport – Certified
- USA Swimming Club Excellence – Gold Medal
- Parent Board – 501 C-3
- Stable, positive, and empowered coaching staff
- EBSC is seeking a Senior II Lead / Masters Coach.
- Candidate would directly oversee the training and development of approximately 30 athletes in the EBSC Senior II Group and directly oversee the EBSC Masters Group.
- The EBSC Senior II group prepares athletes for the EBSC Senior I (National) Group.
- The Senior II Coach will work very closely with the Head Coach / Senior I Coach.
- This Position entails approximately 18-22 hours per week plus competitions and can be expanded for the right candidate.
EBSC Senior II Job Summary:
- The Senior II / Maters Coach Reports to the Head Coach.
- The Senior II / Maters is the primary coach for the Senior II / Masters Groups.
- The Senior II / Maters Coach will work in accord with the EBSC mission statement and philosophy.
- The Senior II / Maters Coach will work in accord with the EBSC and USA Swimming Codes of Conduct.
Primary Job Functions:
- Deck coach for all Senior II / Masters practices and competitions.
- Design and implement seasonal training/technique plan.
- Implement daily practice plans.
- Contribute to weekly newsletter articles.
- Coordinate all Senior II meet entries.
- 1st line of communication with Senior II / Masters membership.
- Direct supervision of any assistant coach working with the Senior II / Masters Group.
- Assist with Senior I Group at discretion of Head Coach.
- Additional administrative tasks at the discretion of Head Coach.
- Attend staff meetings and participate in overall program development.
- Current USA Swimming Coach Member in good standing.
- Current Lifeguard certification (or ability to get certified).
- Substantial coaching experience and proven success with both developmental and elite swimmers.
- Ability to manage and develop assistant coaches.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Competence in Team Unify platform.
- For more information, or to submit a resume, contact EBSC Head Coach Brent Boock ([email protected] / 262-617-4579).
Head Swim Coach/Aquatics Dir
Date posted: February 13, 2023
Location: Carlisle, PA 17013, USA
with Dickinson College
Dickinson College invites applications for our open head coaching position for men’s and women’s swimming. Dickinson is a highly selective liberal arts institution, located in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. A member of the NCAA Division III and the Centennial Conference, the College is seeking a dynamic and innovative individual who has a strong administrative, collaborative and student-focused background to serve in this position. The head swim coach will be responsible for all aspects of planning, developing, and coaching the men’s and women’s swimming program within NCAA Division III rules and regulations. They will be responsible for the recruitment and development of student-athletes while also supporting a culture that offers a positive NCAA Division III student-athlete experience.
Applications will be reviewed and acted upon as they are received. Please open the application link below to review the job description.
Essex County Club – Pool Director
Date posted: February 11, 2023
Location: 153 School Street, Manchester-by-the-Sea, MA, USA
with Essex County Club
Full-time seasonal summer position (May – Labor day week) that oversees all pool operations and swim team activities. In addition, the Pool Director is tasked to maintain a safe, clean and appealing swim program for members, children and guests.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Supervise safe, clean and appealing club swimming facilities
- Oversee the club swim team, including practices, home and away meets.
- Scheduling of lifeguard staff.
- Hire & train lifeguard staff
- Registers members at pool and charges for all guests, lessons, etc.
- Enforces club rules of safety and conduct
- Represents the club in activities as required
- Maintain and keep all necessary records concerning pool attendance, pool chemicals, accident reports, problem-member reports, lifeguard and instructor schedules, time cards, etc.
- Manages staffing for swim lessons
- Approves and signs off on weekly payroll
- Maintains proper First Aid/CPR certifications, Life Guard Certification and Certified Pool Operator certificate.
- Essex County Club will cover some expenses associated with obtaining these certifications if the candidate does not already have them.
- CPO not required immediately, Essex County Club will provide the opportunity to receive certification.
The successful candidate will be a leader who is professional and personable and can relate well to both children and adults in this prestigious and quality-oriented environment. They must possess excellent organizational and communication skills. Be able to stand for extended periods of time and be able to lift at least 60 lbs. This position requires the right individual to be outside in the elements for most of their work day.
Previous private club work experience is preferred, but not required.
Seasonal Salary is open and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Senior Age Group Swim Coach
Date posted: February 10, 2023
Location: Guelph, ON, Canada
with Guelph Marlin Aquatic Club
Senior Age Group Swim Coach
Guelph Marlin Aquatic Club – Guelph, ON
Full-Time (1 positions) Start Date: Negotiable but not later than September 1, 2023
The Guelph Marlin Aquatic Club (GMAC) is seeking a Full Time Senior Age Group Swim Coach. GMAC is a Not for Profit swim club that has 1100 swimmers across our Lessons Program, Pre-Competitive, Competitive, and Masters programs registered throughout the year.
The Successful Candidate will bring an abundance of positive energy and focus on the senior swimmers in the club but not necessarily limited to just seniors. The Senior Age Group Coach will report directly into the Director of Age Group & Development and work collaboratively with other coaches to assist, identify and navigate athletes towards the senior level programs within GMAC. Working with the athletes to set and achieve their goals, from Regionals to Trials and into post secondary competition is an absolute must. This position will consist of on deck coaching, administrative duties, mentoring junior coaches, assisting Director of Age Group & Development with any assigned tasks, and planning up to 40 hours per week.
We are seeking a team member who is a TEAM PLAYER who is driven to learn, share, grow and work hard. Candidates must be positive, enthusiastic and able to encourage and have positive energy with all athletes within our club. Teaching and understanding the fundamentals of proper stroke technique, athletic development, physical and mental health from an early age through our swim lessons and into the pre-competitive and competitive programming are key tenets of this role.
The ability to work collaboratively towards achieving and guiding all swimmers to their full potential whether it be assisting with the Lessons program, Recreational, Regional, Provincial or National Level swimming is paramount. Understand that our program is re-building after covid and the performance levels of the swimmers is a work in progress.
Senior Age Group Swim Coach Responsibilities:
● Available to coach in the mornings, evenings and weekends throughout the year
● Must be available to potentially attend 1-2 weekend meets per month, or more if required
● Create a fun and inviting learning environment to encourage growth and retention
● Develop and execute programs geared to Competitive Senior Groups or any other assigned role/group
● Serve as a role model for youth with the ability to demonstrate the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility and have a positive and encouraging nature in a safe environment
● Work directly with the Director of Age Group Development to further develop & implement an annual comprehensive swimming strategy that identifies the best technical training program to elevate all levels of GMAC swimmers
● Attend regular staff meetings and contribute to the team
● Work directly with the Director of Age Group Development and coaching staff to build well-rounded meet schedule for our athletes and integrate into our own historical hosted meet schedule
● Responsible for meet entries in Meet Manager based on established timelines
● Maintain accurate records for swimmers and their progression
● Work directly with the Director of Age Group Development on a published mentorship program/schedule of all coaches
● Establish positive professional relationship with swimmers, parents, community and other coaches
● Provide clear communication with swimmers, parents, coaches, and General Manager
● Contribute to weekly family communication as needed
● Participate in annual planning for upcoming seasons which includes placements, etc
● Assist to maintain safe social media presence promoting the team
● Engage in learning; continuing education through CSCA, NCCP development, etc
● Adhere to all policies including GMAC, Swim Ontario, Swimming Canada, and all facilities where we participate
● Assist Director of Age Group & Development and General Manager to conduct annual club equipment inventory audit
● Participate in all Team Functions
● Minimum 4 years working with Senior level swimmers
● Strong leadership
● Proven ability to work in a team environment
● Problem Solver
● Minimum NCCP Age Group Coach Certified Level 2 or equivalent
● Willingness for continual education
● Has knowledge and experience of technical and training aspects of competitive swimming.
● Ability to communicate with swimmers, staff and parents in a professional manner
● Ability to work independently and in team environment
● Must pass all appropriate background checks
● Computer savvy
Annual salary will commensurate with experience. Position includes health benefits, approved education renumeration, and swim travel expenses.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and a copy of their Coach Locker transcript from coach.ca to the General Manager at [email protected]
We thank all interested candidates but please note only shortlisted qualified applicants will be contacted.
Candidacy will be filled sooner or later than closing date of applications of July 30, 2023, based on fulfilment of suitable candidate.
PART-TIME COACHING AT SWIMATLANTA HAMILTON MILL
Date posted: February 10, 2023
Location: Swim Atlanta Hamilton Mill, Auburn Road, Dacula, GA, USA
with SWIM ATLANTA
SwimAtlanta at Dacula, GA has an immediate opening for a motivated and enthusiastic Coach. This is a great opportunity to provide fun, safe swimming sessions appropriate to the ages and abilities of the children, aged 7 years and up. You will be planning and delivering swimming sessions, encouraging improvement within the various ages and ability levels, and maintaining the highest safety standard at all times
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates a positive and safe experience for all participants
- Responds to member questions regarding SwimAtlanta’s programs, policies and procedures
- Provides a safe, clean, and organized pool area
- Writes the season plan and workout templates for each season you will be working with
- Assist Head Coach/Program Director with planning seasonal practice and meet schedules as needed
- Assist Head Coach/Program Director in planning, coordinating, and facilitating team tryouts and swimmer assessments for group placement.
- Plans, writes, and conducts workouts on-deck coaching during the afternoons/evenings and weekend hours as needed
Ability to fill in for other coaching groups as needed and other duties as assigned
The ideal candidates must be dependable, have a passion for high quality work, have coaching experience and be willing to work within our holistic coaching philosophy. Hourly wage will be based on experience and level of availability.
Salary commensurate with experience. This is a part time position consisting of approximately 12-15 hours per week and 1-2 meets per month.
Full-time Assistant Swim Coach & Swim Lessons Instructor
Date posted: February 9, 2023
Location: Minerva Drive, Cayman Islands
with Camana Bay Aquatic Club
Camana Bay Aquatic Club (CBAC) is looking for a full-time assistant coach to help lead our program in delivering “Aquatic Sports for All” in the Cayman Islands. We have 300+ year-round swimmers in our competitive and non-competitive team, as well as a growing Swim School, and a very successful Artistic Swimming team. CBAC athletes regularly represent Cayman at CARIFTA, Island Games and CCCAN, and our highest level representatives have attended Commonwealth Games, Olympics, and a World Championship gold medal.
The preferred candidate is proactive, organized, communicates effectively, and is willing to learn and collaborate within a team environment that includes both Swimming and Artistic Swimming.
They will have experience teaching swimming as well as coaching, and be comfortable leading groups of young swimmers on their own. Ideally, the candidate will be someone that comes with a strong technical background, and is able to demonstrate initiative and contribute ideas in a community that is full of potential.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- 18-20 hours of on-deck coaching of year-round competitive and non-competitive Swim Team. This will include leading training groups in our Junior and Development programs (ages 6-14), and assisting the Head Coach during Development and Performance program sessions (ages 11-18).
- 10 hours of administrative work per week as needed for lead training groups and supporting the Head Coach (seasonal planning, writing sessions, meet entries, keeping attendance and results, communicating regularly with membership, weekly reporting to Head Coach etc.)
- Swim Meets and Camps as required.
- 10 hours of Swim School teaching (Fundamental skills, stroke development) per week during term time
- Other community focussed programs where space, time, and resources allow
Qualifications / Experience / Requirements:
- ASCA Level 2 or equivalent education
- Bachelor’s Degree (for visa purposes)
- Learn to swim certification & prior experience leading swim lessons independently
- Must have the following valid/current certifications prior to contract signing if hired:
First Aid & CPR
Lifeguarding and/or Water Safety
Police Clearance/Background Check
- US VISA/ESTA or equivalent is required as coaches are required to travel with swimmers for international events
Reporting to: Head Coach (Swimming)
Salary: $35,000 -$40,000 USD / annum (dependent on experience and qualifications)
Benefits: Work Visa* (for the individual hired only, no family visas available at this time) and associated costs, Flight, Medical, Pension, Paid Holidays, Personal Development, Phone
*Work Visa/Permit will be submitted if applicant is non-Caymanian