with iSwim Cayman Safety School
Teaching ages 3 months- Adults (learn to swim & stroke technique)
Lifeguarding at Parties & Events
Summer Swim Camps
Tasks & Responsibilities:
Driving to clients homes and apartment complexes for swim lessons
Teaching all ages
Being Proficient with software
Communicating with clients
WSI, ASCA, SAI ,ASA, STA + Lifeguard Certification also required
with Wabash College
Wabash College invites applications for the position of Head Swimming & Diving Coach. The head coach, reporting to the Director of Athletics, is responsible for leading all phases of a competitive NCAA Division III swimming and diving program that supports and advances the mission of the College.
Duties include, but are not limited to: successful recruitment of academically and athletically prepared student-athletes; supervision of an assistant coach; a commitment to student-athlete health and welfare; directing skill instruction and development; coordination of team travel; effective budget management; and monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes.
Knowledge of and adherence to institutional, conference, and NCAA Division III policies and procedures is required, as well as a bachelor’s degree. Prior experience coaching intercollegiate swimming and diving is strongly preferred.
Wabash College, a liberal arts college for men, seeks faculty and staff committed to providing quality engagement with students, high levels of academic challenge and support, and meaningful diversity experiences that prepare students for life and leadership in a multicultural global world. We welcome applications from persons of all backgrounds. EOE.
with Longhorn Aquatics
Responsible for coaching Longhorn Aquatics Longhorn and Jr. Longhorn programs.
Under the supervision of the Head Swim Coach, coach various groups of the age group swim team, with focus on the Jr. Longhorn and Longhorn groups. Give one-on-one and group instruction to improve swimmers’ technique and conditioning. Assist with practice planning, evaluation of swimmers, and assist with practice scheduling.
Manage and administer all swim team tryouts.
Two (2) years of experience with USA Swimming competitive swimming programs or equivalent. USA Swimming coach’s certifications. Appropriate First Aid, CPR and Safety Training for coaches. Experience working and communicating effectively with large diverse groups of people. Demonstrated expertise with attention to detail, accuracy and problem solving, and multi-tasking. Experience providing professional customer service and operating both independently and as vital part of a team. Exceptional writing skills and verbal communication skills. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
Five (5) years of experience with USA Swimming competitive swimming programs. Experience with Hy-Tek Team Manager.
with TYR Sport
TYR’s Sports Promotion Representative is the perfect opportunity for you to stay at the pool. Your swim background makes you the ideal candidate to support and promote the TYR brand at major competitions and events. At these events you will ensure brand visibility, and support our professional athletes and sponsored teams including swimming, diving and water polo.
As TYR’s Sports Promotion Representative you will work independently to form new partnerships by selling the benefits of the Company’s programs and brand to prospective teams. You will work closely with our Company’s sales and promotions teams with outreach initiatives and continuous dialogue to our sponsored teams and athletes, ensuring they are properly serviced.
This position is remotely based; however candidates MUST reside in or around a major city of North Carolina or South Carolina. Candidates in the Atlanta, GA region will also be considered. However, this position will cover the Southeast territory of the US, and ideal candidates will have familiar knowledge or ties to the area.
Job Description and Functions:
- Work independently to develop relationships, acquire new customers and assist in departmental outreach initiatives.
- Be a visible presence of the TYR brand at major competitions, clinics and notable events, to communicate brand buzz and service team and athlete needs.
- Interface between sponsored teams, accounts and their regional sales representatives to ensure contract fulfillment.
- Manage and track product requests and promotional orders from athletes.
- Ensure all National Team custom products for TYR athletes adhere to National Federation and/or FINA guidelines.
- Maintain annual event calendar for major competitions, clinics and other events as they relate to sponsored team and athlete support; liaising with the marketing department regarding any marketing needs for events.
- Keep track of and monitor all sales program and promotional calendar deadlines and requested information through salesforce.com.
- You are the right fit for this position if you have an outgoing personality, are not easily discouraged and show exceptional follow up skills.
- Experience with competitive swimming or background as a swim coach is required.
- Proficient in PC based programs including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce.com and Google Enterprise.
- Extremely organized with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to multi-task in various environments.
- Lifting containers with product and apparel to be used for event presentations. Assisting in the set-up of a display booth for clinics or events.
- Ability to travel, sometimes with little notice and occasionally for long periods.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- One to three years promotional/sales, administrative assistance or swim coaching experience required.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants: Please apply with your resume, a cover letter, which will exhibit your excellent communication skills, along with your desired pay rate to [email protected] Please reference Job ID SPRse. Relocation expenses will not be covered.
At TYR, we’re more than a community, we’re a team–and our team loves a good perk. In addition to convenient LIRR shuttle service to and from the Farmingdale train station, TYR Sport offers competitive compensation, medical and dental benefits and a matching 401k plan.
Our collaborative work atmosphere provides an innovative environment for professional growth and is teeming with the best combination of both athletic and creative talent. Companywide we promote a neat, yet relaxed dress code. Not only does every employee receive an apparel voucher, but we also score discounts on all TYR products. What can we say… we love to sport our gear both in and out of the office!
As a brand we are dedicated to helping people lead healthy and active lives, and our employees are no exception. At TYR we each enjoy earned paid time off, as well as summer Fridays! In order to remain “Always in Front” we believe in the importance of proper work life balance.
Named for TYR, the Norse god of warriors, our company is committed to cultivating a culture of greatness, both in and out of the water. Through vision, pursuit and American ingenuity, we have become a brand synonymous with the athlete.
Like all athletes we work with an intense spirit of competition, but unlike the others, we refuse to stop there. From the planning stages to the production floor, everything we do revolves around synthesizing creativity, experience and sheer will power. For us, engineering the fastest, most advanced performance products is more than just a goal, it’s a requirement.
At TYR, we’re always in front.
Founded in Huntington Beach, CA by swimwear designer Joseph DiLorenzo (current owner) and 1972 Olympic Bronze Medalist Steve Furniss, TYR Sport was established in 1985 to provide the competitive swim market with vibrant, performance-driven prints. Since its inception three decades ago, TYR has grown to exist as one of the world’s most recognizable swimming and triathlon brands.
With global distributors and an international following, TYR remains dedicated to building the industry’s most durable, uniquely designed swimsuits, cutting edge equipment and innovative caps and goggles. On a relentless path to push the limits of sportswear we not only reimagine technologies for enhanced competitive performance, but also embrace lifestyle markets to accommodate athletes and water enthusiasts at every level.
with Swim Streamline at Northampton
- Previous coaching experience required (ASCA level 2 or higher preferred).
- 2-3 + years of coaching experience.
- Ability to work, train, and instruct multiple practice groups either 3:30-7:45 or 4:30-7:45 pm every day. Hours will change during holiday breaks & summer schedule to mornings and evenings.
- Attend swim meets as assigned, at least 1 full meet a month.
- Strong stroke technique background, patience working with younger swimmers, and keep swimming fun mentality.
- Strong customer service and decision making skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Must co- work with other Lead Site Coaches, will work independently at their location.
- Knowledge of Hytek Meet Manager, Team Manager, and Team Unify, team administration skills are key.
- Must be energetic, a self starter, and give feedback daily to every swimmer.
- Experience with workout and season planning.
- All current USA Certifications.
with Minnesota Swimming - LSC
Minnesota Swimming Inc. (MN Swimming) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit Local Swimming Committee representing USA Swimming in Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Approximately 65 swim clubs, 8,700 year-round athletes and 800 non-athletes constitute the membership. MN Swimming exists to serve the competitive swimming community from introductory swimmers to national and Olympic champions. More information is available at www.mnswim.org.
LOCATION: MN Swimming office, Eisenhower Community Center, room #250, 1001 Highway 7, Hopkins, MN 55305
HOURS AND TYPE: Full-time, Exempt
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary, $55,000 or greater, commensurate with experience and record of successful achievement.
BENEFITS: Group health insurance plan, SEP IRA contribution, paid vacation
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 7, 2018
The MN Swimming Sport Development Director provides leadership and direction to enhance and optimize athlete performance, coach effectiveness and club development within the Local Swimming Committee (LSC). The Sport Development Director is committed to developing and implementing strategies that successfully achieve MN Swimming’s vision and mission and in alignment with USA Swimming core objectives. The Sport Development Director focuses on delivering and executing programming with measurable results that continuously improve members’ ability to achieve their highest levels of success in the sport of swimming. In this role, the Sport Development Director also evolves best practices, efficiently uses resources, effectively communicates, and enthusiastically promotes the sport of swimming.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 5 years head coaching experience with a USA Swimming team or other established youth sports organization required OR a combined 10 years of sports or coaching education and head coaching experience.
- Computer skills required including proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and electronic mail. Utilization of TeamUnify, and social media preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency to use athlete performance data to develop, plan and implement programming and services to achieve MN Swimming performance objectives.
- Ability to travel within the LSC territory, as well as regionally and nationally, as necessary. Availability to attend MN Swimming Board of Directors meetings, committee meetings (as assigned), and House of Delegates, as well as USA Swimming Convention, national and zone workshops, and meetings as applicable to this position.
- Willing to work evenings and weekends when needs dictate the Sport Development Director’s presence.
- A USA Swimming Non-Athlete Member in good standing or successful registration with USA Swimming prior to employment, including applicable background check approval and completing Athlete Protection training, is required. MN Swimming will also comply with all current requirements and recommendations of the USA Swimming Pre-Employment Screening Program for New Employees.
The ideal candidate:
- Demonstrates exceptional verbal and written skills to effectively communicate with a diverse membership of athletes, coaches, volunteers, staff, and members.
- Shows recognized ability to develop positive professional relationships within an organization.
- Works well in a collaborative team setting, in a member-represented nonprofit organization with proven problem solving and confliction resolution skills.
- Exhibits a history of a disciplined and goal-oriented self-starter with a high level of initiative. Proves strong planning, organizational, and time management skills to work efficiently and independently.
- Is capable of greater management responsibility in addition to the Sport Development Director role.
- Athlete Performance
- Develop a Quad plan for athlete performance
- Enable educational and programming opportunities that improve athlete performance.
- Steer committees with athlete performance responsibilities.
- Club Development
- Develop a plan for the Quad to enhance club development
- Conduct club visits to enhance the development and operating success of MN Swimming clubs.
- Enable educational and programming opportunities that improve club organizational effectiveness and build the base.
- Leverage the USA Swimming Club Recognition and Club Excellence Programs that recognize top performing clubs.
- Coach Effectiveness
- Develop a plan for the Quad to augment the professional success of coaches in MN Swimming.
- Enable educational and programming opportunities that improve coaching skills and supports professional growth.
- Work in collaborative manner with complementary coach organizations (high school, college, ASCA, etc.)
- LSC Communications and Effectiveness
- Lead the rules & regulations for swim meets process
- Lead planning for MN Swimming championship meets
- Oversee the meet evaluation process
- Team Minnesota
- Supervise coach and manager contractors for Team Minnesota
- Provide oversight of the development and implementation of the Team Minnesota budget and policies
- Staff Supervision
- Meet Sanctioning Coordinator
- Technical Assistant
- Event Director
- Direct members and committees to create content for educational events such as Swimposium, House of Delegates education sessions, USA Swimming’s Club Leadership and Business Management School, and other USA Swimming clinics in the LSC territory.
- Direct and work collaboratively with the athletes for opportunities/events that recognize athlete performance
This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job; other duties may be assigned.
Key Reporting Relationships: The Sport Development Director reports to the Executive Director. There is frequent and regular collaboration with other staff, consultants and/or volunteers working in the competition, athlete performance, club development, and coach effectiveness areas of the organization.
Minnesota Swimming Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
with Little Dolphins Swim Academy LLC
Love kids? Want to make a huge difference in their lives? We can help you advance in your aquatics career or in whatever you choose.
The Little Dolphins Swim Academy is a stand alone swim school in central New Jersey. Our facility is warm, clean and built so that we can teach seven days a week.
We are growing fast and have openings for full and part-time instructors (if you are the right person, we will pay you to train you) and lifeguards.
- Full-time position is a mix of teaching, supervising and administrative work.
- Part-Time positions include teaching, supervising and lifeguarding
- Lifeguard certification
- Team player
- Love kids
- Eager to learn
- Prompt & Reliable
with The Race Club
with National Training Center Aquatics - NTCA
The Head Swim Coach (Age Group) will lead, design and foster systematic growth from the youngest novices to the Advanced Age Group level programs while working within the Team Mission, Vision, and Values of the National Training Center Aquatics swim team.
- Coaches swim team members in competitive swimming and strength development techniques.
- Focuses on developing swimmers of all ages.
- Assists with other swim team member duties as necessary.
- Abides by the USA Swimming Code of Conduct and Florida Swimming policies and procedures throughout all instruction.
- Plan, prepare and conduct team practices in accordance with the Head Coach.
- Assist Head Coach with planning seasonal practice and meet schedules.
- Exemplify the structure, philosophy and direction of the NTCA Swim Team program.
- Supports collaborative relationships with community organizations. Establish a local presence and reputation within Florida Swimming LSC, Central Florida via clinics and volunteering.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication and motivation skills with children, taking into consideration varied social, emotional and physical attributes, possess an attitude of inclusion and team building.
- Responds to swimmer, parents and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner and demonstrates strong administrative, communication and organizational skills.
- Coordinate and develop group goals and curriculum.
- Evaluate individual swimmers performance in meets and re-evaluate training/goals for group/individuals accordingly and maintain up-to-date performance reports on age group athletes.
- Assist with team tryouts and swimmer assessments for group placement.
- Attend all scheduled swim meets, meetings, and team functions as required.
- Plans, writes and conducts three to four hours per day of on-deck coaching, to include early morning, evening and weekend hours.
- Coordinate online meet entries (Team Unify) for all age group meets.
- Coordinate with other coaches to ensure a seamless transition when swimmers advance to the next group.
- Understanding of various social media platforms for promoting team communication.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information, including: creation and production of materials
- Establish and maintain social media platforms, team website, meet management and team management software programs.
- Writes newspaper articles for website, social media, and print as a subject matter expert to help promote team.
- Promotes fundraising and membership, in accordance with team’s strategic plan and hospital policy.
- Maintains records, rosters, spreadsheets, coach’s certifications, and record board and meet participation
- Work with dryland coach to design and implement seasonal strength plans for all NTCA age group athletes.
- Responsible for effectively assessing swimmers and communicating group movement throughout the season.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Respects the rights and privacy of others and holds staff member information in strict confidence.
- Maintains regular attendance and complies with time and attendance policy and procedure.
- Adheres to South Lake Hospital’s policies and procedures; Mission, Vision and Values statements; Code of Conduct.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory standards including Federal, State, local and Joint Commission.
- Prioritizes workload to manage multiple priorities.
- Uses problem-solving skills to meet goals.
- Enhances professional growth by participating in educational programs, current literature and/or workshops.
Other Related Functions
- Secondary areas of responsibility are teaching private competitive swim lessons.
- Assist in locker room management during peak pool usage times.
- Plan and execute team-building and social functions.
- Contribute to content of NTCA team newsletter
- Collaborate with NTC Marketing Specialist to design all printed materials (i.e. brochures, flyers, Pulse newsletter, posters) related to department promotion; update supply of promotional materials throughout the club.
- Submit website updates to Head Coach for approval.
- Implement annual action plan for swim team program; set goals with Head Coach.
- Meet with Head Coach / Assistant Coaches weekly.
- Carry out facility operations, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
- Education/Training Bachelors’ degree required.
- Licensure/Certification Must have current CPR & First Aid Certification.
- Must pass a background check to work with children.
- Must possess a minimum of a current ASCA Level 2 certification and US Swim Certified Level 2 or higher.
- Current Lifeguard Certification from American Red Cross, Lifeguard Pro, YMCA or BSA preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ coaching experience.
- Working knowledge of Data Trak, Hy-Tek, Team Unify and Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) preferred.
NTCA is owned by South Lake Hopsital/Orlando Health. You can apply online to the position by going to https://www.southlakehospital.
GO DIRECTLY TO THE POSITION HERE: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1149851&d=External#/
with Speedo USA
Manage contract deliverables for sponsored teams, athletes and coaches. Actively drive team sales through sponsorship and promotional programs. Support sales and accounts at events in the Boston area.
- Identify and create new team contracts to leverage sponsorships within local swim teams markets
- Review details of sponsorship contracts and agreements with Speedo coaches
- Review and carryout sponsorship details, event outfitting, event participation with Speedo sales reps and Team Dealers
- Carryout sponsorship details, event outfitting, event participation with sponsored teams
- Coordinate orders through B2B sponsored team website for equipment for teams attending National meets
- Maintain Act!, team sponsorship database, with all Team and Coach contract deliverables, financial responsibilities and coach/team contact details
- Assist in forecasting potential promotional items and product needs for Speedo incentive programs
- Reference contracts for all outfitting to ensure teams staying within contract allotment
- Following up with teams, dealers and reps regarding outstanding orders
- Maintain team sponsorship database with order numbers, team notes, remaining support allowance
- Coordinate all Team sales details with AE and Team Dealer, yearly
- Present contracts in person to decision makers, ensuring all parties understand obligations in full and how they will be fulfilled
- Review contracts regularly ensuring obligations are being met by all parties
- Effectively manage the travel budget to optimize team visits and swim meet responsibilities
- Present product line to Teams yearly to confirm outfitting which should be shared with Team Dealer
- Manage all account details (daily orders, stocking programs, credits, returns) for selected accounts within territory
- Work with AE, Team Dealer and Sports Marketing Manager to identify new Teams
- Review all aspects of Speedo sponsorship programs, contracts and teams / coaches under agreement with Team Dealers
- Coordinate with Sales Rep and Sports Marketing Manager to manage information, sponsorship and promotional programs with Team Dealer Ambassadors
- Walk the pool deck making contact with coaches, athletes and event personnel
- Maintain a professional appearance at all events and meetings
- Attend industry events, National/Local swim meets and tradeshows
- Work with selected accounts and sales reps at various events to promote brand
- Organize involvement of Speedo Team Dealers and sales reps to maximize Speedo exposure and sales
- Assist with on-site booth set-up, merchandising and restocking
- Oversee Speedo sales reps and Team Dealer’s event booths, sales specials, on-hand inventory and team interaction
- Work with Athlete Coordinator to organize on-site athlete appearances and leverage appearances in the local competitive swimming community
- Coordinate local market promotions linked to events and clinics
- Coordinate Speedo role with organizing committee to maximize brand presence
- Coordinate with AE on local marketing promotions linked to events and clinics
- Liaison to athletes and coaches in development and testing
- Link to merchandising department on technical product development and feedback from the field
- Coordinate branding and launch of new product with respect to athletes, teams, coaches, events and dealers
- Assist in forecasting potential promotional items and product needs for Speedo incentive programs
Experience: Minimum 3 to 5 years experience; Competitive Swimming knowledge
Skills:o Flexible and adaptable in a fast paced environmento Ability to multi-task and complete projectso Strong communication, presentation skillso Retail math skillso Proficient in Microsoft Office Applicationso Management of a large volume of accountsEveryone should apply online at the following link…
with Haverford Area YMCA
|Come join our growing team! Fun environment, flexible schedule and great benefits!
What you’ll do:
· Conduct aquatic classes in accordance with YMCA program standards.
· Provide a safe environment that allows members and participants to learn. Encourage and support students to provide an enjoyable aquatics experience.
· Evaluate swimming and certification skills; complete progress reports and course records for each session; complete communications for parents and participants.
· Participate as a part of the aquatics staff team in providing a safe and enjoyable environment. Respect others by arriving on time and in accordance with schedule.
· Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
· Provide excellent service to members and participants. Communicate all pool rules and ensure that you are accessible and identifiable.
|What you need to succeed:
· 16 years of age with successful completion of swimming skills test.
· Current YMCA or ARC swim lesson instructor certification or 6 months experience teaching swim lessons.
· Current ARC CPR/AED Professional Rescuer and ARC first aid certifications.
· Ability to work with others. Sensitive to others.
· Exhibit strong leadership skills; possess a passion for member service, building and maintaining a culture of member service excellence
|Some benefits and perks of working at the Y:
Flexible work schedule, a free membership, discounted programming, and opportunities for professional training and development.
with Stevens Institute of Technology
Stevens Institute of Technology invites applications for the full-time position of Assistant Men and Women’s Swimming Coach. Stevens is a member of the Empire 8 and NCAA Division III and offers 26 varsity sports (13 for men and 13 for women), 13 club sports, a wide variety of intramural sports and special events, an extensive outdoor adventure program and a wide selection of wellness/fitness classes. Located in Hoboken, New Jersey, a historic small town that is just minutes away from Manhattan, Stevens has an enrollment of over 3,100 undergraduate students.
Position (full-time): Assistant Men and Women’s Swimming Coach
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required and Master’s degree preferred. Previous swimming coaching and competitive experience at the collegiate level is strongly preferred. Certification in CPR, First Aid and AED is required. The successful candidate is expected to complete several other trainings and professional development activities as they are offered at the university.
Responsibilities: Assist the head coach in managing all aspects of a highly competitive NCAA Division III men and women’s swimming program. The top priority must be the overall collegiate experience of the student-athlete and enhancing a positive and healthy team culture that encourages growth and development.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: oversight of student-athlete academic progress; recruitment of appropriate student-athletes; planning and direction of team training sessions and meet days; film assessments, planning the teams’ annual training trip; tracking of team budgets; ordering team supplies and equipment; fund raising and alumni relations; coordination of team travel; and any other duties as needed.
A secondary role involving assistance with the aquatics program will be assigned as well.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Procedure: To apply for position please go to https://stevens.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/External.
Applications will only be accepted through the online system. Please do not call, mail, email or fax applications. Applications should include cover letter, resume and list of four professional references. Additional inquiries may be directed to Paul Hughes, Head Men and Women’s Swimming Coach, at [email protected] or 201-216-8039.
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.
with The Bolles School
Position Title: Head Swim Coach and Director of Aquatics
Reports To: Athletic Director
The Bolles School is a private college preparatory school with an international reputation for excellence. Located in Jacksonville, Florida, the school enrolls more than 1,650 day and boarding students in pre- kindergarten through grade 12 on four campuses. Bolles focuses on a complete education that emphasizes excellence in academics, the arts, athletics and other activities like clubs and community service. Students can pursue their interests and learn to balance a rich variety of activities.
Our students also learn the importance of self-discipline, respect, personal responsibility and compassion. These same qualities are nurtured within our Swim programs. We invite you to view the following video that demonstrates the commitment to and excellence in our programs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U52BURHPxoc
Purpose: To organize, direct, and sustain the School’s interscholastic and club swim program. This position will be working with and leading a team of 10-15 coaches and approximately 400 swimmers. The Head Coach serves as a motivational figure who inspires high morale, builds team cohesiveness, communicates effectively and provides positive reinforcement.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum five years of leadership and swim coaching experience required
- Prior success as a competitive swimmer at the club or collegiate level desired
- A passion for the sport and hands-on ability and willingness to help our swimmers reach their maximum potential
- Experience with independent school programs and adolescents preferred
- American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA) level 5 or higher certification preferred; be a member in good standing of USA Swimming
- Strong knowledge of and experience in state, national, and international swim programs
- Positive communication and coaching style that develops swimmers and leadership skills
- Professional behaviors consistent with USA Swimming and ASCA Code of Ethics; NFHS, FINA, and FHSAA Regulations
- First Aid/CPR certification, USA Swimming Coaches Safety Training, USA Swimming Athletes Protection, USA Swimming Background Check, and pre-employment background and drug screen required (training will be provided, if necessary)
- Must be willing to travel to promote the program both nationally and internationally (at least 30% travelexpected)
- Demonstrates and enthusiastically supports the School’s Mission and values of courage, integrity, compassion, and excellence
- Performs in a manner that reflects positively on The Bolles School
- Builds deep relationships with students, families, and staff to foster a culture of inclusion
- All Athletic department coaches and staff must follow and promote the vision of the department, which is to develop a culture of student athletes who are ‘Humble in Victory and Gracious in Defeat’
- Performs other duties as requested
- • Responsible for all facets of the swim program
- Coach swimmers to perform at the highest competitive levels
- Establish an environment that fosters positive team attitudes, encourages self-discipline, sportsmanship, leadership, responsibility, and an appreciation for the importance of academics
- Inspire confidence in the athletes, coaches, and parents
- Advise and counsel swimmers who wish to pursue development opportunities and/or collegiate competition, including writing letters of recommendation, if requested
- Oversee participation in local, state, national, and international meets and competitions
- Develop and sustain a club program, separate from the scholastic program
- Oversight of the Swim Camp and Lessons programs to ensure promotion, adequate enrollment, and efficient operations
- Plan and coordinate activities of coaching staff
- Oversee the care and operation of the swim facilities
- Review, enhance and enforce all safety procedures
- Ensure coaches and participants are properly trained and conditioned
- Design and implement department plans and budgets
- In partnership with Marketing, provide input in preparation and dissemination of publicity to promote swim events
- Partner with Advancement on efforts to promote and develop the swim program and related facilities
- Be familiar with and uphold the policies and procedures of the Bolles Athletic Department
- Ensure compliance with all applicable FHSAA and USA Swimming rules and regulations
- Willingness to maintain working knowledge of current swim techniques and instructional methods
- Be responsible for the overall leadership, coordination, employee evaluation & development, and administration in the Aquatics department
- Leadership skills
- Organizational skills
- Diplomacy and tact
- Program Management
- Risk management mindset
- Interpersonal and communication skills
Interested candidates are required to submit their application and resume via our Career Center located at www.bolles.org.
with Vicksburg Swim Association (VSA)
The Head Coach must develop the skills and talents of team members, promote teamwork and sportsmanship, and encourage personal development.
The Head Coach is responsible for all aspects of the swimmers’ training, including setting up swimmer groups, practice levels, workouts, practice durations, and goal setting.
The Head Coach will be responsible for attending a minimum of nine swim meets each year, making swimmer event selections, and entries via meet manager.
The Head Coach will also foster positive relationships, mentor, and communicate well with coaching staff, swim team members, and parents.
The Head Coach is expected to work in partnership with members of the Board of Directors, parents, and the coaching staff.
Previous coaching experience and/or a teaching certificate are preferred.
Must have ASCA (Level 2) or comparable qualifications and USA Coaching certifications (or be able to obtain certifications within the first 6 months of employment).
The successful candidate must demonstrate proficiency in the areas of recruitment and retention of swimmers, be skilled in teaching stroke technique, and have the ability to motivate and work effectively with athletes of all ages and abilities.
with Rhodes College
Founded in 1848, Rhodes College is a highly selective, private, residential, undergraduate college, located in Memphis, Tennessee. We aspire to graduate students with a lifelong passion for learning, a compassion for others, and the ability to translate academic study and personal concern into effective leadership and action in their communities and the world. We encourage applications from candidates interested in helping us achieve this vision. The Assistant Swimming & Diving Coach will organize and implement practice and meet plans in coordination with the Head Swimming & Diving Coach; recruit for swimming & diving; and perform designated facility duties. Guided by the Rhodes Vision, the assistant swimming & diving coach should build a sense of community and enthusiasm around the swimming & diving program by engaging the student body, alumni, parents and fans. Strong relational skills with internal and external constituents are critical. Other duties include participating in development and fundraising activities with various constituents and/or other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Athletics. Also serve as Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach. This is a full-time 10 month position.
A Bachelor’s degree is required; a Master’s degree is preferred. The ideal candidate will have previous and coaching experience with a strong understanding of the DIII philosophy and its role at a private liberal arts institution. Maintaining a working relationship with campus colleagues, alumni, community members, and other constituents is key. They must also possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills, communicate effectively (verbal and written), have the ability to multi-task and operate within an extremely motivated, team oriented atmosphere. Must have the ability to work responsibly with minimal supervision. Must have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations. Valid driver’s license required. Please visit jobs.rhodes.edu to apply online. A complete application includes a cover letter, a resume and the names of three references. Rhodes offers an excellent benefits package and a great working environment. We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity in the workforce.