with Swimtastic Swim School
If you love children and the water – this job is for you! Swimtastic Swim School is seeking professional, fun-loving, and energetic swim teachers to join our team! We will train you so experience isn’t necessary. The position includes teaching children as young as 6 months how to swim. You must be very outgoing and great with kids.
Flexible part-time teacher positions are available. Looking for both morning and/or evening availability.
with South Pointe Swim Team
Our pool is located at 2824 Champion Road, Naperville. Last year our team had 135 swimmers ranging in ages 5-18. Our season runs from May 29 through July 29. We have a daily age group practice 8 am-11 am
We are looking for someone that enjoys working with kids, knowledgeable on the 4 swim strokes, and able to supervise and delegate to junior coaches. This is a summer team and we want to keep it fun for the kids. The team consists of both recreational and competitive swimmers. We usually hire between 4-6 junior coaches and would like our head coach to be involved in the hiring.
Here is an overview of meets and team events:
Time Trial (Early June)
8 Dual Meets (Tuesday/Thursday Evenings and Saturday Mornings)
End of the year Team Banquet 7/29
Salary Range: $4000-$6000, but negotiable based on experience
with The American Club
- Responsible for all levels of the aquatics program
- Design and oversee training plans for all training groups
- Oversee seasonal progression of swimmers
- Set performance goals and reports for the aquatics department
- Facilitate age appropriate goal setting processes with all swimmers
- Establish an environment that fosters positive team attitudes (staff and swimmers), encourages self-discipline, self-reliance, sportsmanship and responsibility for individual actions
- Facilitate progress toward equivalent recognition of USA Swimming Club Recognition and Club Excellence Goals.
- Recruit and retain staff within budget
- Plan and direct staff meetings at least once per month
- Provide annual staff development goals, and set the training program for educating, supervising, and mentoring all aquatics staff members
- Communicate regularly and appropriately with the Club’s membership via monthly newsletter, team and group meetings, email, and individual meetings or conferences as needed
- Administer and support aquatics department policies and procedures with the Club’s membership and staff
- Support and facilitate annual strategic planning process and review
- Market and promote the aquatics program
- Develop and implement incentive and recognition/achievement programs that are age-appropriate
- Coordinate daily, monthly and seasonal use of the Club’s pools
- Responsible as the management representative to the Aquatics Subcommittee
- Reports directly to the Fitness & Leisure Director
- Minimum ASCTA Bronze qualification (or equivalent), lifeguard certification and a relevant tertiary qualification
- 4 to 6 years’ experience teaching/coaching in Learn-to-Swim programs, pre-comp and competitive squads
- More than 4 years of management experience in a similar capacity
- Experience in teaching Masters programs will be an advantage
- Demonstrated skills in developing budgets, reviewing P&Ls and reporting on financial performance
- Previous experience in managing teams for high level service delivery and ongoing professional development
- Marketing and Business Development experience to promote participation in programs and events
- Understanding of aquatics plant operations and water quality requirements
- Mature disposition to develop and maintain relationships with colleagues and Members
- Competent in the use of MS Office applications
This role would suit someone looking to build upon their technical and management skills in Aquatics, and gain the experience of working overseas.
Do you love kids and love to swim? If so, SwimLabs Swim School has a job for you! SwimLabs is a year-round, indoor swim school for children and adults who are learning to swim, as well as a training facility for competitive swimmers and triathletes. We are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, energetic people to join our team. We teach lessons to all ages and abilities in a unique environment of warm-water pools using visual feedback. Please visit our website for more details, www.swimlabs.com.
Job Title: Swim Instructor
Reports To: Aquatics Director
Job Duties (all new employees will be trained):
• Teaching lessons to all ages and abilities, including group and private lessons, and may include competitive lessons, depending on skill level and previous experience
• Using Dartfish video analysis software
• Teaching the SwimLabs progression
• Moderate maintenance work on pools and facility
• Communicate regularly with children and adults
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• Love of children and desire to teach
• Previous swimming experience, such as teaching swim lessons, coaching swim team, or swimming on a team
• Desire and ability to teach all ages and abilities
• CPR and First Aid certifications
• Great customer service skills
• Efficient class management skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with children and adults
• Willingness to learn and execute the SwimLabs Swim School teaching method
• Desire to work in a team environment
• Ability to work a consistent weekly schedule
The ideal candidate has a welcoming, bright personality, professional appearance is very well organized, punctual and with a positive can-do attitude. You should be forward-thinking, have common sense, and most importantly – be dependable. We will rely on YOU to help run our business so dependability is a must!
with SwimLabs Littleton
Do you love kids and love to swim? If so, SwimLabs Swim School Littleton has a job for you! With business strong and growing, we are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, energetic people to join team.
Job Openings: Swim Instructors
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Work Hours: 5-30 Hours/Week; Monday-Sunday
Teach clients to swim; maintain our beautiful facilities, participate in promotional events; & provide exceptional customer service.
The ideal candidate has a welcoming, bright personality, professional appearance, is dependable, and has a positive can-do attitude. We have an excellent team and we love what we do. Join our team!
with SafeSplash Swim School
SafeSplash Swim School in Arlington, TX is looking for Swim Instructors and Lifeguards. Hours range from 12 to 20 hours per week. Pay range: $10.00 to $15.00.
Must be available to work on the following days:
- Saturdays (10:00AM to 3:30PM)
- Wednesdays (3:00PM to 8:00PM) and
- Fridays (3:30PM to 8:30PM)
We are looking for the right candidates to help us make an impact in our community by providing exceptional swim lessons. The SafeSplash® system believes in Leadership, Respect, Execution and Quality. Our Swim Instructors and Lifeguards are the most important and valued part of our business.
What will you be doing?
- Ensure swimmer’s safety and teach swimming skills in accordance to SafeSplash® curriculum in a fun and positive manor
- Communicate positive corrective feedback to students and parents on their swimming efforts
- Structure class time appropriately to incorporate repetition, reinforcement and introduction of required skills
- Maintain proper equipment and class time organization
- Share with Deck Supervisor class information (ribbons, student changes, etc.)
- Required to maintain proper SafeSplash® uniform standards outlined in employee handbook
- Participate in ongoing marketing events
What we are looking for:
- Awesome and reliable individuals to join our close-knit team
- Swim background; must be able to demonstrate swim strokes
- Previous swim instruction experience preferred
- Experience working with children and comfortable working with teens and adults
- Available to work flexible hours, including weekends
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds in weight
- Special consideration will be given to instructors with experience teaching children aged 6 months to 10 years and Special Needs
Requirements and Certifications:
- Current Red Cross Lifeguard or equivalent
- WSI – Water Safety Instructor certification a plus
- CPR-PR/AED, First Aid for Adult, Child certification
We will provide:
- SafeSplash® curriculum training
- SafeSplash Uniforms – We will cover 100% of the cost
- A fun and supportive work environment
We are confident that this will probably be the best job you ever had ; if you feel you are qualified for this position, we would love to hear from you!
with Fremont Hills Country Club/ Palo Alto Stanfor Aquatics
Fremont Hills Country Club and PASA-DKS (Los Altos Hills, CA) is seeking an Assistant Aquatics Director as well as an Age Group Swim Coach to start as soon as possible. The coaching position includes Masters, Clinics, Summer Recreational Team and Dryland Fitness Program, as well as additional compensation for Private Lesson Instruction. The Assistant Aquatics Director position will be a full-time benefited position and will require administrative duties, inclusive of working with a private club membership. There will be room for growth both positions.
Qualifications: Coaching experience and/or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level; Strong communication skills; Desire & passion for developing swimmers of all ages; Expertise with current technique development and training methodologies; Outrageous enthusiasm; Highly motivated team player; Ability to self-motivate and problem solve.
We offer a competitive salary as well as potential to increase income based on commitment
Interested persons should email letter of interest, resume, and references to Head Coach Dana Kirk at [email protected]
with Crown City Aquatics
Crown City Aquatics Club is seeking a qualified part-time Assistant Coach for the current 2018 swim season. Coaches will be working with our Development Group, which consists of swimmers between the ages of 5-10.
This is an hourly position with work opportunities between 5 to 10 hours per week.
We are looking for a coach who excels at teaching good technique, conducting organized and engaging practices, and communicating with swimmers and parents. Coach candidates must be knowledgeable and passionate about working with young swimmers.
Their focus will be on creating and implementing a program designed to introduce and properly instruct the basic principles of competitive swimming to the introductory swimmers of our program. Coach candidates will work in partnership with the Head Coach and other assistant coaches to ensure a true progression in the development of our swimmers.
Coach candidates are expected to be available for all practices for their assigned practice group, ranging from 5 to 6 practices per week. Coach candidates should also be available to attend meets (Saturday and Sunday) an average of once per month.
Coach candidates need to be certified with USA Swimming and have their Red Cross lifeguarding certification or be willing to do so within 30 days of being hired. Coach candidates are required to undergo a background screen before they are hired.
Hours: Monday – Friday evenings and possibly Saturday mornings / Availability on meet weekends (5-12 hours per week as needed)
Location: Rosemead Aquatic Center
Starting Date: ASAP
Pay: Hourly – highly competitive; negotiable based on qualification and experience.
Club Description: Crown City Aquatics Club is a highly competitive USA Swimming team. We are an organization dedicated to inspire and work with athletes to be the best self they can be. Our vision is to have every swimmer going through our program influence society in a productive and positive way. Crown City Aquatics Club (soon to be Rosemead Rapids) train at the Rosemead Aquatic Center located at 9155 Mission Drive in Rosemead, CA.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create, plan, and run practices for swimmers 5-10 years olds in line with the club direction.
- Work under the direction of the Head Coach.
- Attending all practices and scheduled meets as needed .
- Assist other coaches as needed.
- Staying up to date with the latest science, technology, and procedures of USA Swimming.
- Previous competitive swimming/ coaching experience preferred.
- Must have all USA Swimming certifications and coaching requirements or be able to obtain within 30 days of being hired.
- Mature judgment, reliability, availability, and ethical behavior including punctuality, confidentiality and the ability to function effectively in a multitask environment.
- Ability to work well and effectively communicate with swimmers, parents, and coaching staff.
- Be energetic, prompt, reliable, and willing to learn
with Cupertino Hills Swim and Racquet Club
Cupertino Hills Swim and Racquet Club is looking for a Head Coach for our 2018 season — April 2 through July 15.
Our team is dedicated to providing a fun and supportive team environment, encouraging healthy competition, and improving swimming technique. We have 120 swimmers.
We are looking for a coach who can:
- Create a positive and supportive team environment
- Emphasize stroke and turn techniques and conditioning
- Instill a sense of sportsmanship, loyalty, and willingness to work hard
- Mentor assistant coaches
- Plan, monitor, and attend scheduled practice sessions
- ~12-15 hours per week April 2 through June 8.
- ~20-22 hours per week June 11 through July 15.
- Coach one practice meet (May 20), five dual meets (Saturdays in June and July), and one championship meet (July 15) in accordance with Junipero Serra Swim League protocol
- Attend swim team activities planned by the Swim Team Committee
- Attend award ceremony following the championship meet. In collaboration with Assistant Coaches, determine awards for swimmers. Announce and distribute awards
- Serve as a member and/or advisor on the Swim Team Committee
- Possibly provide swim clinics and private lessons
Current lifeguard and CPR certification required. Expenses for certification will be compensated.
Background check required.
with Fry's Spring Beach Club
The Fry’s Spring Beach Club, established in 1921, is seeking qualified Head and Assistant coaches for our swim team for the upcoming 2018 summer season. Head Coach responsibilities include designing a differentiated practice program, mentoring a team of coaches, and leading morning and afternoon practices and social events, amounting to full-time employment. Assistant Coaches have similar responsibilities but with fewer hours. The preferred candidate has prior swim coach experience with children of varying ages and a proficient knowledge of strokes, turns, relays, line-up preparation, stroke analysis and biomechanics, rules and safety training.
with Orangevale Recreation and Park District
The Orangevale TigerSharks are a summer competitive swim team with an emphasis on fun! Swimmers with or without swim team experience who can swim one 25 yard length of a pool may join this OV Parks sponsored team. The program focus is on developing swimmers in a supportive and team oriented environment. Parents and families factor in on the fun, assisting with swim meets and team socials. The season runs from May through July each year. Practices are held in the afternoon starting in May then in the morning or afternoon in June and July. Swim meets are held in June and July. The TigerSharks swim in the Valley Foothill Competitive Aquatic League (VFCAL) with Arden Manor Pirates, Auburn Robalos , Cordova Blue Marlins, Placerville Dry DigginsDolphins and Life Time Sugar Bears.
Under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor, the Head Swim Team Coach is responsible for the safety, instruction, and training of children participating on the Orangevale TigerSharks Swim Team. They will conduct daily practices and create daily workouts for each age group to enable the swimmers to develop their endurance, form, technique and assist in preparation, set-up, and take down for swim meets. They will prepare the swim meet seeding and entry requirements. The ideal candidate will need to have an understanding of recreation swimming and put an emphasis on bettering individual time, learning strokes and make swimming fun. Must be available for the entire 2018 summer season and attend all swim meets. This position will maintain a commitment to the operation of a safe and effective aquatic environment, and assures all facilities are left in the same or better condition after swim meets and practices. They will also maintain a positive atmosphere with regards to sportsmanship, goal setting, and a positive learning environment for all. This position performs other duties as assigned. Previous swim coaching experience required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepares daily practices for swimmers
- Coaching and providing input for swimmers and assistant coaches
- Fostering a positive team environment that inspires excellence by leading by example
- Effectively communicating and working with other coaches, the parent board, pool staff, volunteers, parents and swimmers in a positive and professional manner
- Promotes and enforces water safety procedures including performing emergency response as needed
- Attends swim team meets, socials, and events
- Works with all swimmers and parents in determining appropriate goals; and, fosters in swimmers, important attitudes and skills such as discipline, goal setting, time management and healthy habits that will benefit them throughout life
- Oversees and manages the process of meet selection, meet entries, scheduling and coordinating of home and away meets
- Provide excellent customer service
- Responsible for the day-to-day direction, hands on guidance and involvement in all aspects of the TigerShark swim team, including working with swimmers, parents and coaching staff
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have swim coaching experience
- CPR and Water Safety or Lifeguard training prefered
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $5,000.00 to $6,000.00 /year
with SafeSplash Swim School
Competitive pay – one of the best in Colorado Springs!
- Engaging and fun work environment
- Bonus structure for consistent performance!
- Great leadership team
- Beautiful new swim facility with state of the art equipment (92 degree water!)
Want to work for a fun and exciting new aquatics company paying highly competitive wages? Want to be a part of a growing innovative swim instructing team? Want to teach kids a critical life skill; swimming? If so, apply to join our team of premier aquatics Swim Instructors! We are now hiring for aquatic Swim Instructors and swim coaches in Colorado Springs! With instructors who have taught for us for 7+ years, trust us when we say, you want to come work for us! SafeSplashTM system believes in Leadership, Respect, Execution and Quality. With multiple career tracks instructors can progress down, leadership development, an innovative work environment and a work life blend you wont find anywhere else. Our Swim Instructors are the most important and valued part of our business! Swim Instructor or Swim Coach:
- Teach children and adults of all ages the important life skill of swimming! We have an excellent proprietary curriculum that we provide training on upon hiring.
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
- Previous 2 years of aquatic swim instruction experience is required
- Current American Red Cross CPR-PR/AED, First Aid for Adult, Child and Infant required (training can be provided)
- WSI certification preferred, but not required as we will train you on our swim curriculum
- Special consideration given to instructors with experience teaching children aged 6 months to 10 years and coaching Special Needs
- Training in the SafeSplash swim curriculum will be provided
- Employee must complete the SafeSplash Certified Instructor program once hired
with SNOW Swimming
SNOW Swimming, Loudon County’s (northern VA) premier year round swim club, is looking for a full time coach to run our Senior Silver groups at our main training site ( Claude Moore Recreation Center), in Sterling, VA. This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced & enthusiastic coach to come work with a Bronze Medal club as we celebrate our 20th anniversary!
As the lead coach for our second-highest training group, you’ll be writing & running all Senior Silver workouts (both morning and afternoon groups), as well as dryland workouts for those groups. There are two additional training groups you’ll be responsible for running as well, both groups comprised of age groupers, both groups in the afternoons. Administrative duties include: completing meet entries for your athletes, regular communication with the athletes & their families via email (including a weekly update to each group), as well as an occasional meeting with each group- usually at the beginning of each season. You’ll also be expected to attend our weekly coaches meeting on Tuesday Mornings. Salary is dependent on experience. It’s important to note that there is no Board at SNOW.
SNOW has experienced a phenomenal resurgence in the last few years, led by our Head Coach, Jim Rumbaugh. We had 30 Sectional qualifiers last Spring, placed 2nd Overall at the ISCA Summer Senior Championship Meet in St. Petersburg last August, and sent 9 athletes down to USA Junior Nationals in December. And, to kick off 2018, we were awarded Bronze Medal status by USA Swimming- what a way to celebrate our 20th anniversary!
Loudon County is a thriving, vibrant suburb of Washington, DC with world class shopping, dining, entertainment & parks, as well as some of the best public schools in the country. All the museums and attractions of our nation’s Capitol are just a 40 minute car ride away, and Dulles Airport is just ten minutes south of our main training site. Additionally, the Metro Silver Line extension into Loudon County is scheduled to be completed in early 2019. All these attributes contribute to the high quality of life Loudon County residents enjoy year round.
with Raleigh Swimming Association
Raleigh Swimming Association is seeking an Assistant Coach to work on a part-time basis, primarily with our age group athletes. This is an hourly position; compensation is commensurate with experience. Opportunities are available to work between 6 and 20 hours per week.
Coach candidates must be knowledgeable and passionate about working with young swimmers.
We are looking for a coach who excels at teaching good technique, conducting organized and engaging practices, and communicating with swimmers and parents.
Coaches are expected to be available for all practices for their assigned practice group(s), ranging from 4 to 6 practices per week. Coaches will lead dryland in the gym as well. Coaches should also be available to attend meets an average of once per month.
Coaches need to be certified with USA Swimming and have their Red Cross lifeguarding certification or be willing to do so within 30 days of being hired. Coach candidates are required to undergo a background screen before they are hired.
Other coaching opportunities exist periodically throughout the year, primarily clinics for summer league and high school age athletes.
with Northern KY Clippers Swimming
The Lead Age Group swim coach is a year-round, part-time to full-time position based in Erlanger, Kentucky. The ideal candidate is someone who can coach the year-round USA Swimming club and assist with club operations as needed; is comfortable working with young beginners to high school athletes of all ages and abilities, including Sectionals qualifiers; and is passionate about the sport of swimming.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Promotes a fun and positive environment for swim team members
- Regularly communicates with athletes, parents, and the head coach to work on goal setting and expectations, and to provide regular feedback on athlete progress and programming needs
- Conducts IM-based practices, is experienced teaching drills for all four strokes and aerobic-based sets, and can write practices to meet the needs of the program to advance swimmers to reach their goals
- Comfortable working with swimmers of all ages and abilities
- Must be able to attend most/all scheduled swim practices and swim meets
- Other duties as assigned by the head coach
- Current USA Swimming coach credentials (or must obtain within two weeks of hire)
- Current CPR, first aid, and lifeguard certifications
- Current background check and athlete protection test as required by USA Swimming
Preferred Skill Set:
- At least 3-5 years of coaching experience at the summer league and/or club level
- Associate degree or higher preferred
- ASCA certification preferred
- Swimming background as an age group swimmer or higher is strongly preferred
- Must be an enthusiastic team player with a flexible, outgoing attitude and passion for teaching swimming
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and professional appearance
- Experienced in managing meet entries using Team Unify
- Knowledge of Gmail and Google apps, especially using word processing and spreadsheet apps
- Flexible schedule that includes mornings and afternoons during the school year and mornings during the summer, plus weekend swim meets
- Punctual and dependable
- Able to manage a diverse group of swimmers and be a leader
- Knowledge and understanding of summer league swimming
- Self-motivated and able to work independently without constant supervision
- Experience supervising others and working in a collaborative team environment
- Level-headed personality in high energy situations
This position is located in Erlanger, Kentucky and starts in the spring. Salary/pay is based on experience and how closely the applicant’s skill set fits the position.