Date posted: July 8, 2021
Location: 235 Wellesley Street, Weston, MA, USA
with Regis College
Graduate Intern for Men’s and Women’s Swimming
Regis College Campus – Weston, MA
The Graduate Intern for Men’s and Women’s Swimming is a 10-month, 35-hour/week position starting in August 2021
that supports the work of the men’s and women’s swimming programs and the Department of Athletics. The Graduate
Intern will focus on responsibilities that include but are not limited to: coaching/teaching, recruiting, team travel, weekly
practice/training sessions, community service, academic enrichment, counseling of students, and other duties assigned
by the Athletics administration. The Graduate Intern will be in compliance with NCAA, Conference, and University rules
Assist the Head Coach with the recruitment of student athletes, the organization and administration of the
competitive program (including attendance at all practices and matches), and with any video editing/exchange
Assist with the development and implementation of a comprehensive fundraising program to raise funds
necessary to offset expenses associated with non-budgeted expenses and training trips as appropriate.
Organize community service projects for the team members to complete per the mission of the NCAA, the Regis
Athletic Department and Regis College.
Assist in the implementation and supervision of team-specific academic enrichment programming
Evidence a thorough understanding of the rules and regulations governing the specific sport competition at the
collegiate level, and adhere to the rules and standards established by Regis College, the Great Northeast
Athletic Conference, the ECAC and the NCAA (Division III).
Participate in Athletic Department staff meetings, functions and other duties as assigned by the Head Coach or
Department of Athletics Responsibilities
Serve as a member of the intern on-call (IOC) rotation in the event of a university closure.
This position may provide support and supervision to undergraduate work-study students.
Bachelor’s degree and admission to one of Regis College’s graduate programs.
Prior successful playing or coaching experience at the college level preferred; significant successful high school
or club experience considered.
Ability to uphold the University’s commitment to inclusive excellence in a diverse educational community.
A positive attitude and an understanding of the importance of being open-minded and flexible.
Excellent communication, computer literacy and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work a flexible and irregular schedule as a team member or independently.
Ability to problem solve, prioritize and complete multiple tasks within an established deadline while carefully
attending to detail.
Appropriate certifications in First Aid / CPR and AED are required within an appropriate time of hire and must be
completed (per NCAA regulations) before the beginning of the competitive season.
Must hold a valid driver’s license.
Stipend & Benefits
$4,000 stipend (paid over 10 months).
Free room and full meal plan during the 10-month duration.
Tuition remission for two (2) eligible Regis graduate courses/semester, with a maximum of six graduate courses
(18 credits) per academic year.
The following campus-based programs are eligible for tuition remission: 30 credits of MA in Strategic
Communication, 60 credits of MA in Counseling (24 credits are not covered by tuition remission. The
supervised field experience must be completed after the graduate intern role is complete.), and 33
credits of MS in Health Administration.
The following fully online programs quality for tuition remission on a space-available basis: 36 credits of
MEd in Student Success, 39 credits of MS in Accountancy (3 credits are not covered by tuition
remission.), 42 credits of Master of Public Health (6 credits are not covered by tuition remission.), and
30 credits of Master of Social Work.
Courses in the graduate Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Applied Behavioral Analysis, and Doctor of
Education programs are not eligible for tuition remission.
Training and professional development opportunities.
NOTE: This is a 10-month position, with the opportunity to continue the position for one additional 10-month term (20-
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Conditions include a normal office environment, not subject to extremes in temperature, noise, odors, etc.
Some evening and weekend work is to be expected.
May spend extended periods at terminal, on telephone, or operating other office machines, requiring eye-hand
coordination and finger dexterity.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this
job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With
Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable
accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.
In employment, as in education, Regis College is committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action. Regis does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or
national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy,
veteran’s status, membership in uniformed services or any other protected status.
Date posted: July 8, 2021
Location: 133 North River Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
with King's College
King’s College (PA) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Assistant Swim Coach.
RESPONSIBILITIES: To provide assistance to the Head Swim Coach in areas of the swimming program including, but not limited to, recruiting, practice, meets, travel, and fundraising. Other duties may be assigned by the Head Coach and/or Director of Athletics.
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree required. Acceptance into the Graduate Program if wishing to take graduate classes. Previous experience swimming at the college level preferred as well as experience teaching swim lessons and/or at camps. Knowledge of HYTEK Meet/Team Manager and Colorado Timing Systems also preferred. Applicants must also be certified in Lifeguarding, CPR, and First Aid upon hiring.
This position will provide a Stipend, Housing, Meals, and Graduate classes if desired.
Date posted: July 8, 2021
Location: Babson College, Forest Street, Babson Park, MA, USA
with Babson College
Babson College, located in Wellesley, MA, is seeking a part time swimming assistant coach for the men’s and women’s teams 2021-2022.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the coaching and planning of all practices and meets.
- Assist in the recruiting of student athletes.
- Assist in the administrative operations of the program as needed.
- Assist in home meet set up and break down.
- Promote the program through social media platforms.
- Assist and attend fundraising events to support the program.
- Assist in monitoring academic progress of student-athletes; serve as a mentor to athletes helping to resolve academic and non-academic issues; be available to coaches and players before, during, and after practices and meets.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of two years coaching experience
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends
- Lifeguard certification preferred
Must have had a valid unrestricted U.S. Driver’s License for one year, and maintain throughout employment an insurable (as determined by the College’s insurer’s criteria) or a satisfactory driving record; must successfully complete and pass the College’s vehicle training program within the first 60 days of employment; annual or more frequent review of employee’s driving record based on the College insurer’s criteria; and safety training as required by management.
Date posted: July 8, 2021
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
with Irish Aquatics
Irish Aquatics is searching for multiple assistant coaches to fill group lead and assistant roles within our age group program. Positions are available at both our Notre Dame and Penn HS sites. The available positions are part time with practice commitments varying by group from 3-5 nights a week and 1-2 hours per practice. Meet coaching opportunities are also available. The anticipated start date is August 30.
- Attend daily workouts and swim meets as assigned by the Head Coach
- Work with the Head Coach to develop and implement seasonal, weekly, and daily training plans for the group
- Teach and train the swimmers in proper stroke techniques and racing strategies as appropriate for the age and developmental level of the group
- Develop and maintain healthy relationships with the swimmers and their parents
- Participate fully in group practices including both dryland and in-water activities
- Maintain daily attendance records for the group
- Prior coaching or competitive swimming experience
- Current in USA Swimming required certifications (CPR, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, Athlete Protection, Concussion Protocol Training, Background check, Coaches Advantage Training, Foundations of Coaching) or the ability to obtain the certifications.
Compensation: Hourly pay ranges from $14-$25 per hour and will be based on experience and qualifications.
Resumes can be sent to Head Coach Matt Dorsch at [email protected]
Date posted: July 8, 2021
Location: Iowa Lakes Community College - Emmetsburg Campus, 3200 College Drive, Emmetsburg, IA, USA
with Iowa Lakes Community College
Enrollment Coach and Head Men’s & Women’s Swimming Coach
General Job Summary:
The Enrollment Coach is responsible for a caseload of prospective students, applicants and newly admitted students. They will serve as the primary point of contact for students within their assigned territories and will travel and represent Iowa Lakes Community College across the state of Iowa and surrounding states. Position includes all responsibilities associated with coaching men’s and women’s swimming at the collegiate level including recruitment, training, academic support and instilling sportsmanship. Head Coach will promote fundraising, award scholarships, manage program budgets and assist with promotion of current players to four year institutions.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
% of Time
- Responsible for converting prospective students from point of inquiry, through registration, to a motivated and confident new Iowa Lakes student.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for prospective students and help them navigate through the enrollment process while maintaining a high level of customer service throughout all interactions.
- Advise prospective students on suitable programs in accordance with their goals and experiences while effectively communicating program requirements.
- Create and maintain an accurate roster logging all contacts with prospective students.
- Attend college day/night fairs throughout the school year.
- Travel extensively in assigned areas with overnight travel.
- Collaborate as part of the team responsible for recruiting and enrolling Iowa Lakes students.
- Manage, direct and supervise activities and personnel associated with Men’s & Women’s Swimming including recruitment and preparation of student-athletes for intercollegiate competition.
- Monitor and nurture student-athletes’ academic progress at the college and assist with placement at four-year colleges and universities.
- Comply with NJCAA and ICCAC regulations.
- Communicate effectively with staff and students.
- Assist with Career Days, College Fairs, Laker Visit Days, First Day Activities, summer Orientation Days, and the Clay County Fair.
- Assist in hosting visitors to campus by responding to questions, giving college tours and providing college information.
- Assist students with program, advisement and admissions questions.
- Promote fundraising activities with students, staff and the general public.
- Meet with students, as necessary, to resolve conflicts.
- Assure adherence to all Iowa Lakes Community College policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain schedules associated with Men’s and Women’s Swimming.
- Create, monitor, and adhere to approved swimming budgets.
- Serve on assigned and voluntary committees.
- Participate in all required professional development activities.
- Supervise the operation, maintenance and repair of equipment and facilities.
- Prepare and submit required conference and state reports.
- Ability to read, interpret, and comply with ICCAC, NJCAA, and admissions rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of general admissions processes and procedures practiced by post-secondary educational institutions.
- Represent the College in a positive manner to employees, students, visitors and the general public.
- Must be enthusiastic and energetic in performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to assume responsibility, deal effectively with problems and exercise good judgment when making decisions.
- Ability to organize, multi-task and communicate effectively.
- Must be a self starter and have the ability to function under limited supervision.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer for word processing, database information, and the mainframe.
- Thorough knowledge of office procedures, telephone techniques and office equipment, as well as correct English usage, grammar, punctuation and arithmetic.
- Ability to read and understand written and oral instructions or communications.
- Ability to efficiently perform tasks in an environment of frequent interruptions.
Special Demands: Light to medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (10-33%). Stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, and carrying frequently (34-66%). Walking, lifting, grasping and repetitive motion frequently (34-66%). Talking, hearing, and viewing various types of close visual work constantly (67-100%). Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and provide proof of insurance. Required to travel utilizing personal vehicle.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check. Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in related area required; Master’s Degree preferred. Possess excellent people skills and a thorough understanding of Iowa Lakes Community College and our role in the state educational system. Possess adequate computer skills and personal vehicle for extensive travel. Three years’ experience in student personnel area desired. Three years experience as Head Swimming Coach or a combination of four years experience as a Head Coach and Assistant Coach desired. Coaching, teaching and student personnel experience at the college level preferred.
Salary: $44,450/260-day contract
Fringe Benefits: Paid sick leave, vacation, and holidays. Employee health, dental, and vision insurance. Partially funded family insurance available. Employee life and disability insurance. Employee retirement plan.
Non-Discrimination/Equal Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Iowa Lakes Community College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Kathy Muller, Equity & Title IX Coordinator, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334, 712.362.0433, [email protected], or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576.
A formal discrimination complaint process is published in the Student Handbook, Employee Handbook, and the Affirmative Action Plan of the College.
Date posted: July 7, 2021
Location: Bowling Green, KY, USA
with RACE Aquatics
RACE Aquatics is seeking a qualified applicants for a full-time salaried Head Coach for USA Swimming Club Team and High School programs. RACE is a USA Swim Club founded in 2007 and is part of Kentucky Swimming LSC. RACE is a 501c3 non-profit organization overseen by an elected Board of Directors.
RACE Aquatics currently has more than 100 swimmers throughout the year and offers 5 different training levels. RACE operates a year-round program out of a 8 lane 25 yard pool and has access to a 50 meter facility for summer long course season. RACE Aquatics has swimmers compete at all levels (local, state, sectional, and national). The ideal candidate would be able to start on or before September 1, 2021.
Bowling Green, Kentucky is located approximately an hour north of Nashville, Tennessee and less than two hours south of Louisville, Kentucky.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as primary on-deck coach of senior level training groups and high school programs.
- Develop seasonal training plans for individuals and groups.
- Hire (with board approval), manage and support assistant coaching staff including
-Manage staffing as approved through budget
-Coordinate stroke and training principles throughout all levels
-Oversee group placement and group advancement of athletes
-Serve as on-deck coach of lower-level training groups as needed
-Work cooperatively with the Board of Directors as an Ex-officio member to
◦Develop and Administer the team budget
◦Create and execute a shared vision for RACE growth and success
◦Communicate professionally and regular with coaches, athletes, and parents
- Manage Swim Lesson program
- Prefer 5 yrs. + experience as a Head Coach
- ASCA Certified, Level 3 preferred
- Experience leading and mentoring assistant coaching staff
- All certifications current and in good standing with USA Swimming
- Strong coaching acumen, including solid knowledge of stoke technique and training physiology
- Experience in writing and implementing weight training and dryland programs
- Proven success coaching, motivating and inspiring swimmers at all levels
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Clear, cooperative and tactful communication style
- Strong personal values including honesty, respect and integrity
- Passion and enthusiasm for competitive swimming and youth mentoring
- Personal desire to succeed professionally and advance the team as a whole
- Experience with HyTek and Team Unify
- Legal authority to work in the United States and able to pass background checks.
- RACE offers a competitive compensation package.
- RACE Aquatics is an equal opportunity employer.
- Salary range is $35,000-$50,000 depending on experience.
- Race Aquatics agrees to contribute to retirement in the form of Simple IRA to match up to 3% of the gross salary.
Date posted: July 7, 2021
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
with Pleasanton Seahawks
Date posted: July 6, 2021
Location: 11200 Southeast 6th Street, Bellevue, WA, USA
with Bellevue Club Swim Team
The Bellevue Club Swim Team program is searching for a Head Coach to join the team. This individual will coach and administer the Bellevue Club Swim Team program while following the goals and mission of the Bellevue Club. In addition, this role provides the leadership enabling participants to achieve their maximum potential in an enjoyable and disciplined learning/training environment as per the Bellevue Club Swim Team mission statement.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for all aspects of the BCST program, including (but not limited to) staffing, budgeting, scheduling (workouts, meets, etc.), training, performance, safety, and general welfare of participants in the program.
- Responsible for the staffing of the Bellevue Club Swim Team and all related duties: hiring, staff evaluation, training, supervising, employee salaries/wages, staff assignments (responsibilities/duties/job descriptions), bi-weekly payroll processing, etc.
- Develops the budget for the Bellevue Club Swim Team in cooperation with the BC business department and Athletic Director. Determines training fees, MEAD fees, registration fees, additional miscellaneous income, pool rental fees, coaches’ salaries and benefits, team travel expenses, staff training, and other revenues and expenses associated with the operations of the swim team.
- Plans, organizes, develops, and conducts training sessions for one or more of the BCST training groups (normally one of the Senior Groups and possibly one of the developmental groups).
- Ensures the training for all participants is appropriate, broad based and safe (utilizing the latest physiological and technical findings available) and allows swimmers to achieve their maximum potential.
- Ensures USA Swimming Policies and Procedures are implemented, and an action plan
- is in place. Trains all staff on protocols and procedures. The plan must be agreed to by all athletes, parents, coaches, and other adults at the Club. An example would be USA Swimming rule prohibiting bullying.
- Collaborates with the Aquatics Director regarding the BCST schedule in the Bellevue Club pools.
- Ensures the coaching staff conduct their group programs within the concept of the team guidelines and goals as defined by the Head Coach including maintaining detailed records of all swimmers in their logbooks (attendance, test sets, workout logs, meet participation, etc.), goal setting sessions, communication with swimmers and parents, incident reports, safety and health concerns.
- Directly supervise 5 to10 employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Training Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or equivalent from a four-year college in Physical Education or related field; and five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience should include the coaching and administration of a swim team of 60 or more swimmers.
- LGT (Lifeguard Training),
- LGTI (Lifeguard Training Instructor),
- WSI (Water Safety Instructor),
- CPRfPR (CPR for the Professional Rescuer),
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches,
- First Aid, and ASCA Level IV certifications.
- Current Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification.
- Competitive Salary
- Company paid Medical, Dental and Vision benefits the first day of the month following 60 days of employment for employee and eligible dependents
- An outstanding employer matched 401(k) plan
- Free parking, manager discounts at Spa and Food and Beverage Outlets
- A unique, thriving, fun and busy environment with plenty of opportunities to learn/grow.
If you are looking for a fun, professional yet casual atmosphere and a great work environment, follow the link below to apply directly through our website!
*At Bellevue Club we are taking every precaution to ensure our workplace is safe. We are following federal health and safety guidelines as well as guidance from our state and local governments. In addition, we have implemented practices such as employee and member health screenings and social distancing practices to keep our workplace healthy.
Date posted: July 6, 2021
Location: 500 Chestnut Avenue, Towson, MD, USA
with Loyola Blakefield Aquatics
Loyola Blakefield Aquatics (LBA), located in Towson, MD, is seeking a part-time swim coach to assist our age group swimmers (9-13). As a coach working with these swimmers, you would be working with different coaches on deck and with entries for these swimmers as you help them grow and become better swimmers. We are looking for a coach who brings experience, energy and is as passionate about the sport and about growing the whole swimmer as we are.
We are a team of 120+ swimmers with levels ranging from 8 & Under swimmers to Junior National qualifiers. We have a close knit coaching staff that is hard working, ambitious and proud of our accomplishments together. Over the past few seasons, we have achieved Bronze Medal Club Status, sent swimmers to Junior Nationals, and outperformed teams more than twice our size within the LSC.
Job Duties Include:
- Assist with coaching our Age Group swimmers
- Plan and conduct swim practices with the other age group coaches
- Assist coaches with meet entry planning and decision making
- Interact with parents related to the swimmers goals and training
- Attend USA Swim meets with the team (1-2 weekends per month)
- Coaching Membership in good standing with USA swimming.
- Red Cross Certification in Lifeguard Training, CPR and First Aid
- Minimum 2+ years coaching experience, preferably at the Club level
- Ability to Motivate and inspire swimmers of all ages on proper stroke technique, strength and conditioning, and goal setting and create a positive learning environment
Salary commensurate with experience. This is a part time position consisting of approximately 10-12 hours per week and 1-2 meets per month.
LBA follows all State, Local and USA Swimming guidelines for facility maintenance, cleaning, social distancing and masking. LBA conducts daily Health Checks for staff and swimmers, follows limited occupancy guidelines, and implements basic infection prevention
Date posted: July 6, 2021
Location: 675 Washington Street Southwest, Blacksburg, VA 24060, USA
with Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech is looking for a Volunteer Assistant Swimming & Diving Coach –@HokiesSwimDive
This position will assist the Swimming & Diving program with the following:
- Coaching responsibilities during practice
· Operations of Swimming & Diving program
· Assist with meet management duties
· Filming & film review
· On-campus recruiting
· Other administrative work, as needed
Opportunities also include assisting with Camps & Clinics, as well as opportunities to travel with the team to both dual and championship meets.
- USA Swimming Certifications. CPR, First Aid
· Knowledge of NCAA Division I and ACC compliance/conference rules.
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Eagerness to learn
WHAT IS A HOKIE?
Hokies collaborate with diverse team members and cross the traditional lines between fields and disciplines to tackle global-scale problems.
We push the boundaries of knowledge in order to make a difference in the world. Members of the Hokie Nation have a clear vision of how we can serve in our personal, professional, and civic pursuits.
We are a force for positive change, driven by our motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve).
We are Hokies.
Date posted: July 5, 2021
Location: 801 West Valencia Drive, Fullerton, CA, USA
with Fullerton Aquatics Sports Team (FAST)
Ideal Candidate Criteria
- 3+ years of USA Swimming club coaching experience; previous Head Coach experience a plus
- ASCA Level 3 (preferred but not required)
- Commitment to coaching as a profession
- Reliable, knowledgeable, experienced coach for Senior (age 13+) swimmers
- Strong communication skills with swimmers, parents, and coaching colleagues
- Passion for developing swimmers of all ages and abilities
- Experience with the Hy-Tek and Team Unify systems
- Current CPR, First Aid, and USA Swimming coach certifications
- Work with Head Coach overseeing the preparation of 50+ Senior athletes (age 13+) in both a lead & assistant capacity
- Lead the Masters group (90+ swimmers, 4 workouts per week)
- Contribute to program-wide season planning and meet schedule
- Assist with logistics & execution of small, home meets; average 1 per month
- Availability in the weekday afternoons, weekday mornings, Saturday mornings, and for swim meets (both local & travel).
Date posted: July 5, 2021
Location: Grosse Pointe, MI, USA
with Grosse pointe Gators
Lead Age Group Coach
Grosse Pointe Gators (GPG) Swim Club
The Grosse Pointe Gators Swim Club is looking for an energetic and motivated individual to serve as the Lead Age Group coach, working with the Head Coach and Executive Board to develop structure and direction of the Age Group program (pre-senior, 9-14 age group). GPG currently has 40-60 swimmers in the group directly coached by the hired individual and up to 200 swimmers in the club as a whole. The Lead Age Group Coach reports directly to the Head Coach. The ideal candidate will have outgoing personality, a growth mindset that works well with our swimmers, other coaches, and parents.
About the GPG Swim Club
The Grosse Pointe Gators Swim Club (https://www.teamunify.com/team/migpg/page/home) is a year-round competitive swim team associated with USA Swimming that offers professional coaching for swimmers of all ages and abilities. All swimmers will be taught appropriate stroke technique and training based on the practice group they are placed in. The goal of our team is to provide every member an opportunity to improve their swimming skills and achieve success at his or her level of ability. We are constantly growing and training young swimmers to maintain a well-rounded competitive swim team.
The Grosse Pointe Gators Swim Club is located in Grosse Pointe, Michigan and practices out of Grosse Pointe Public School System pools as well as other locations within the east Detroit Metro area.
Grosse Pointe Gators Mission and Vision:
The mission of the Grosse Pointe Gators Swim Club is to teach, train, and motivate competitive swimmers while providing a positive and safe environment for all swimmers, coaches and members.
The club strives for swimmers to reach their full potential not only by teaching the skills specific to competitive swimming, but also through reinforcing strong values that apply to all facets of life, all while providing a safe environment for our members and athletes. It is our hope that GPG swimmers will develop self-confidence, self-respect, be able to set personal goals and achieve them, and understand the importance of teamwork, camaraderie, and good sportsmanship.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, competitive program aimed at athletes age 14 and younger.
- Serve as Lead Age Group coach, filling in for other groups as needed.
- Plan and conduct 2-4 hours per day of on-deck coaching, working with our Pre-Senior group (ages 9-14).
- Communicate effectively with parents, swimmers, and other coaches (email, phone, face to face).
- Coordinate and develop group goals and curriculum.
- Maintain up-to-date performance reports on age group athletes.
- Coordinate online meet entries (Team Unify).
- Attend all scheduled swim meets, meetings, and team functions as required.
- Assist Head Coach with planning seasonal practice and meet schedules.
- Assist with team tryouts and swimmer assessments for group placement.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Bachelor’s Degree (exercise science, education, or related field preferred).
- Minimum of 3 years’ successful experience as an Age Group Coach or Head/Lead Age Group Coach with a USA Swimming team is preferred.
- ASCA Level 2 or above preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Positive and energetic presence with a passion for teaching technique.
- Proficiency with Team Unify web services, meet entries, and communication.
- Current CPR, First Aid, Coaches Safety, and Safe Sport certifications and membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
Preferred start date: Immediate. The position will remain open until filled. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Send all resumes and references to:
Grosse Pointe Gators Executive Board
Date posted: July 5, 2021
Location: Mission Viejo Nadadores, 27474 Casta Del Sol, Mission Viejo, CA, USA
with Mission Viejo Nadadores
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR for Non-Profit – Mission Viejo Nadadores (MVN)
Seasoned Business Professional with proven experience growing revenues and managing diverse personalities in a kind, positive and professional manner – experience in Swimming/Diving is needed!
Position: Executive Director (ED)
Reports to: Mission Viejo Nadadores Foundation Board of Directors
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
MVN is seeking applicants for the ED position. If you are qualified and interested, send an email explaining why you are the right candidate for this position, along with your resume to [email protected]
The Mission Viejo Nadadores Foundation (MVNF) operates consistent with tax-exempt status in accordance with section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code, and is responsible for the Mission Viejo Nadadores Aquatic programs.
Located in beautiful Orange County/Southern California, the MVNF is responsible for enabling member athletes to achieve sustained competitive excellence in local, national, international, and Olympic competition, while promoting good sportsmanship and developing engagement and public interest for our athletes in the sports of swimming and diving.
This is a new position and is responsible for the organization’s overall achievement of its mission and financial objectives through its day-to-day operations. The position will oversee the administrative headquarters (Mission Viejo, CA), manage and direct the staff members, and administer the policies and overall operations of the organization as established by the Board of Directors (approx. 14 Members). Direct reports include the Head Coaches and Facility Program Directors (Swimming and Diving).
The ED must have outstanding communication skills, integrity, and public speaking experience as they will be the MVNF spokesperson, and must remain above reproach in professional communication and behavior(s). Coordination of the MVNF strategic plan and Board policies, along with knowledge of the rules and policies governing National Swimming and Diving Clubs (USA Diving, USA Swimming, FINA, NCAA, AAU, YMCA, ISL and the United States Olympic and ParaOlympic Committee (USOPC)), will be necessary for success in this role.
The ideal candidate is an accomplished executive/business leader with proven ability and success in growing revenue, managing staff members, and working productively with a strong, diverse volunteer board of directors. Commitment to collaboration, and being responsive to all questions, complaints and concerns from parents, staff and board members is expected. Candidate must be adept at building consensus, issue/crisis management, and dispute resolution.
A long history of working in the sports of swimming and/or diving, and/or a passion for a similar sports organization – understanding how they are organized and operate from small community/grassroots to the World Championships and Olympic Games – is what we seek. You must have a desire for developing talent and patience for the individuals alongside this journey (parents, coaches, board members, etc.). Inspiring and energizing others around the vision for the club’s future, is a must of this position. Demonstrated success with earning the respect of subordinates, peers, and superiors, along with building a culture “for the athletes” that permeates the staff culture is what will make you successful in this role!
Key Responsibilities and Qualifications
Administration, Program Development and Strategic Partnerships:
In conjunction with the Board of Directors (BOD), the ED is responsible and accountable for development and growth of the MVNF aquatic programs.
• Develop MVNF’s short and long-term operating plans consistent with the overall strategic plan • Maintain a healthy revenue stream and explore business opportunities to grow revenue
• Provide insightful leadership in developing programs, organizational and financial plans with the BOD, City of Mission Viejo and staff while carrying out plans and policies approved by the BOD
• Create strategies for corporate partnerships, public relations, long term fundraising and marketing campaigns • Build and maintain strong relations with the City of Mission Viejo and the Mission Viejo Chamber of Commerce as well as USA Diving and USA Swimming.
• Recruit, hire, lead, and supervise staff
• Write and approve staff job descriptions
• Ensure adherence to CA 501(c)(3) non-profit standards and practices
• Complete annual performance evaluations of Head Coaches and other direct reports
• Develop an organizational focus on customer service, Safe Sport adherence and athletic excellence
• Address issues in a manner that prioritizes the safety, opportunity, and overall well-being of athletes
• Maintain a can-do, goal-oriented, entrepreneurial environment, that motivates staff
• In consultation with Head Coaches/Program Directors, provide oversight of the competitive calendar and programming
Revenue, Budget, and Finance:
• Work with staff, Treasurer, and BOD to establish and operate within designated budget
• Develop and execute fundraising programs as well as strategies to acquire and retain sponsors • Coordinate advertising, promotions, and public relations activities to assure the growth of the MVNF brand
• Develop marketing strategies that promote all programing and MVNF as well as specific events and athletes
• Negotiate all contracts as authorized by the BOD
• Leads by Example – Operates with an “open door” and an “open mind”
• Solicits input and perspective on key issues and projects – an active listener who builds consensus and finds the common ground in resolving issues
• Keeps the staff, BOD and volunteer constituencies updated/informed on important issues
• Communicates regularly with the BOD on the state of the organization, and important factors influencing the organization
• Develops collegial, fiscal, and partnering relationships with all sport affiliated organizations including the USOPC, FINA, United States Anti-Doping Agency, United States Aquatic Sports, NCAA, AAU, YMCA, ISL and all other organizations that participate in or have interest in swimming and diving
• Acts as spokesperson and representative for the MVNF in engaging with the media and community at large
• Establishes positive working relationships with constituent groups including but not limited to: City of Mission Viejo and their Chamber of Commerce, other community groups, high schools and home schools, Universities and other related sports organizations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proven success in leading, building, managing, motivating, and encouraging professional growth of staff
• Successful track record in membership development and team growth
• Strong financial management skills, including budgeting, planning and administration
• Strong interpersonal communication skills, with a proven ability to establish and maintain relationships with grassroots through elite level programs and coaches
• Ability to confidently operate under pressure
• Ability to assertively coordinate major competitions
• Significant familiarity or experience with NCAA structure, rules, and regulations
• Public relations and media relations skills, a high degree of technological savvy to be able to use best practices for information technology, including social and digital media
• Deep understanding of the history of MVNF, along with the sports of swimming and diving in the United States
• Ability to create, develop and oversee the implementation of strategic and innovative business plans
• Leadership with fresh ideas, innovative thinking, and conventional best practices to ensure that MVNF stays on the leading edge of marketing and develops a powerful brand presence across the USA and the world
General Management Skills. An effective manager with a full range of general management skills, including strategic planning/execution, personnel and constituent management, financial acumen
A Passionate Leader. Dynamic personality with ability to motivate, inspire, and empower the teams/programs to succeed. Fosters a collaborative culture of consistently meeting, if not exceeding, expectations on time and within budget. Has the emotional intelligence to rise above the noise and frustrations that arise from time to time.
Innovative Marketing and Sales Professional. Savvy in marketing and building a business while being passionate about selling the sports to the local fan base, sponsors, media and television. Knows how to leverage connections to open doors and drive revenue. Continuously developing new ways of “creating events and buzz” that will allow the club to exceed sponsors’ expectations and harness the continued growth of swimming and diving, building engagement in the sports at both the grassroots and high-performance level.
Supporter of Athletes, Coaches, Staff and Volunteers. Knows that MVNF exists because of and for the athletes. Recognizes that the athletes, coaches, staff and volunteers will embrace a leader who embraces them and understands their value. Advocates for and protects their interests and safety.
Skilled Team Builder. Enjoys building and leading teams with diverse perspectives and talents while creating a great place to work for employees where everyone is held accountable for delivering results and individual and team victories are valued and celebrated. Pursues a collaborative approach to building alliances and rapport within the organization from the board level to the grassroots and with business partners.
• Minimum 5 years administrative leadership experience and a track record of growth and success with significant business/financial management and strategy development experience
• Sports marketing, joint venture, licensing, sponsor relationship experience whereby the person understands the way the sports industry operates today as well as the rapidly changing digital world
• Experience with developing and executing a strategic and visionary plan with measurable success
• The proven ability to build and maintain organizational financial stability and growth
• A strong reputation of authenticity, integrity, and accomplishments with peers and other industry executives that will garner instant credibility within and outside of the organization
• The ED should be a master-of-resources to draw upon both staff and volunteer leaders in successfully selling to external partners to increase participation and build spectator/viewer/reader interest in the sports at all levels
• A proven record of hiring exceptionally talented individuals who work as a team
Compensation includes base salary, bonus tied to results and a benefits package Compensation commensurate with experience and skills
Interested applicants email resume to: [email protected]
Date posted: July 3, 2021
Location: 8101 Wolftrap Road, Vienna, Va. 22182
with Nation's Capital Swimming, Inc
Nation’s Capital Swim Club is hiring multiple Assistant Age Group Coaches for its Maryland and Virginia training sites for this Fall 2021. We are looking for part-time assistant coaches to work with our 12 and under training groups, which practice 2-3 times per week. We also are looking for a coach to lead our Gold 3 group (13 & over) in Bethesda, MD which trains 4 times per week, 1.5 hours per practice.
- Prior coaching experience required, competitive coaching experience preferred.
- USA Swimming membership preferred, along with certifications in Athlete Protection, Concussion Protocol, First Aid for swim coaches and CPR/AED.
- NCAP will work with a candidate on becoming certified if needed.
- Ability to start working in early September 2021.
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Date posted: July 2, 2021
Location: Milwaukee, WI, USA
with SWMKE, LLC
SWMKE (Swim Milwaukee) is a growing coach-owned team located on the southeast side of Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
The team is seeking an individual interested in serving as the team’s Head Age Group Coach starting with the 2021-22 Short Course Season. This is an excellent opportunity to join the staff of an ever-growing competitive program/business and become a key contributor in the further development of a privately owned team.
– 2 or more years of coaching experience highly preferred
– Competitive swimming experience
– Willingness to help promote and grow the program
– High School Graduate or equivalent
– Must pass a background check
– Planning and implementing SWMKE’s Age Group program in and out of the water in coordination with the Head Coach.
– Actively promote and grow the SWMKE Age Group program.
– Handle Age Group administrative duties as assigned by the Head Coach, including but not limited to, developing the season training plans and goals for all Age Group training levels, the construction of daily practices, Age Group meet entries, Age Group parent and swimmer communication.
– Approximately 15-20 deck and administrative hours a week (including meets) are required.
– Flexible evening availability plus weekend availability is a must.
– $20-$30 per hour depending on experience with the potential to develop into a salaried position after one year with the team.
– SWMKE will reimburse expenses to become certified if needed.
– Additional optional income opportunities include private lessons and coaching the Masters team.