with Team Velocity
Coach developmental and competitive swim groups and assist with implementation and support of organizational structure and team culture
• Attend local, regional, and national swim meets, as needed
• Perform basic administrative duties (meet entries, roster, etc.)
• Independently manage satellite branch located using Team Velocity’s principles and vision for success
• Maintain communication with host pool club regarding day-to-day operations that involve use of the facilities
with Germantown Athletic Club
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plan, develop and implement programs to attract swimmers into the program from Club swim lesson participants, other local teams and leagues as well as middle school and high school teams.
- Secure and hire qualified instructors to coach swimmers; instruct on coaching techniques, evaluate performance, and initiate disciplinary action according to prescribed procedures.
- Secure, hire and train qualified instructors to teach all levels of swim lessons and Lil’ Gators; instruct on teaching techniques, evaluate performance, and initiate disciplinary action according to prescribed procedures.
- Set minimum requirements for team participation and establish criteria for defining the different swimming groups; evaluate swimmer skill level and place in appropriate group accordingly.
- Develop and oversee seasonal and yearly lesson plans and training programs for all aquatics programming to include swim lessons, Lil’ Gators as well the Germantown Swim Team and high school and middle school teams.
- Coach students individually or in groups, demonstrating swimming technique and observing students to detect and correct mistakes
- Establish and coordinate practice times for training groups based on skill level of swimmer, school hours, and availability of facility.
- Maintain USA Swimming Coach membership
- Establish a yearly swim meet schedule that will compliment training schedule and provide an opportunity to evaluate the effectiveness of the training program.
- Administer all operations of Germantown Swim Team’s Team Unify webpage and enter and register swim participants into meets.
- Confer with participants and parents to resolve grievances, explain rules and regulations and discuss fees.
- Develop yearly budget estimates projecting revenues and expenditures.
- Keep records and prepare reports regarding finances and program activities including participant registration, fees collected, and payroll for instructors.
- Serve as liaison between the Germantown Athletic Club and Germantown Swim Team Parents organization by attending meetings and providing and obtaining information.
- Help organize all meets hosted by Germantown Swim Team by obtaining approval from regional conference and sending invitations and event information to desired participants.
- Assist with Club staff CPR/FA certifications as a Red Cross Instructor.
- Must be punctual and timely in meeting all job performance requirements, including but not limited to, attendance and tardiness standards and work deadlines.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs related tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Through knowledge of physiological, psychological and developmental needs of participants.
- Knowledge of current aquatic coaching techniques, training and teaching methods.
- Working knowledge of Hy-tek Team Manager and Meet Manager software to submit entries and run meets.
- Knowledge of City purchasing policies and procedures.
- Skill in communicating in writing and/or in person on a one-on-one basis and before groups for the purpose of influencing, motivating and convincing
- Ability to plan and schedule the work of others.
- Ability to work independently and to plan and organize programs.
- Ability to analyze the needs of students with varying levels of physical and mental ability.
- Ability to administer first aid and other life saving precautions according to prescribed procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: College degree in related field and one year experience head coaching competitive swimming or any combination of education, training, and experience providing the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform essential job functions.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work takes place in and around pool facility and an office. Traveling is required to attend swim meets, meetings, clinics and conferences.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: First Aid, CPR, and Coach’s Safety Training.
arena is currently hiring a Team Marketing Liaison position in the Pacific Northwest territory.
This position is responsible for managing arena’s team relationships and assisting in the management of arena’s sports marketing activities in the region.
Candidates must live in the territory to qualify.
Arena is the authentic waterwear brand for athletes and real sport lovers. Wherever there is sport in the water, there is Arena. For over 40 years Arena has equipped the world’s leading swimmers and lovers of watersports with racing, training, and leisure swimwear and accessories built on a foundation of in-depth research, technical know-how, and an unyielding commitment to quality. With U.S. headquarters in Portland, Ore., Arena is the exclusive outfitter of the U.S. National Team, and a proud partner of USA Swimming. www.arenausa.com.
with Charter Oak Aquatic Club
Come join the coaching staff of one of the fastest growing swim teams in the Farmington Valley, CT area! The Charter Oak Aquatic Club is currently seeking a Head Age Group coach to run and manage our Age Group Program.
The ideal candidate needs to be highly organized with the ability to develop season plans and daily practices in collaboration with the team’s Head Coach, as well have a passion for coaching and the sport of swimming.
The Charter Oak Aquatic Club is a USA Swimming year-round program which trains at a state-of-the art facility located at the Ethel Walker School in Simsbury, Connecticut.
This position averages 12 hours a week, Monday-Friday from 6:15-8:15 pm during the week and 7-9 am on the weekends. Attendance at weekend meets is also required.
Applicants must be approachable, knowledgeable about competitive swimming and show enthusiasm and experience working with swimmers of different ability levels.
- Attend scheduled practices and meets
- Mentor assistant coaches in the Age Group program
- Assist the Head Coach in selecting the meets in which OAK swimmers will compete
- Assist the Head Coach in completing meet entries for OAK swimmers, tailoring entries to the specific needs of each swimmer
- Set weekly/monthly goals that are measurable to ensure each swimmer’s progress.
- Participate in regular coaching staff meetings as scheduled and conducted by the Head Coach
- Take daily attendance for each group
- Perform additional duties not listed herein as mutually agreed upon and directed by the Head Coach
- Minimum of two year’s experience in a competitive swim coach position preferred and/or past experience swimming at the collegiate level.
- Must be able to pass all USA swimming requirements including CPR/First Aid certified, background check, coach’s safety training.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work one to two swim meets a month.
Competitive pay based on experience and qualifications.
with Heartland Aquatics
***THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED*******
Heartland Aquatics – Lincoln, NE
Heartland Aquatics (HLA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit swim club in Lincoln, Nebraska, and is seeking an experienced, energetic, dynamic, motivated leader to serve as Head Coach of our growing USA swim team. HLA’s current membership is comprised of over 100 year-round athletes, spanning all competitive levels from novice to Junior National qualifiers. HLA’s mission is to develop swimmers to their fullest capabilities and, in the process, teach life balance, citizenship, and dedication to the rewarding sport of competitive swimming. HLA is a financially stable, growing club, and we have a supportive parent-run board that prides itself on its dedication to the development, support and advancement of our entire coaching staff and the success of our young athletes.
Candidates must be able to articulate a strong vision of their coaching style and philosophy, must be passionate about the sport of swimming, be able to work with children of all ages (6-18+) and ability levels (novice to advanced), and have experience in the management and direction of staff. Excellent inter-personal, leadership and organizational skills are a must. The candidate should also exhibit dependability and be able to communicate well with the board, the team, and the coaching staff. This individual will be the Head Coach of HLA, empowered to develop their own program, vision and action plan for the inspiration of the athletes’ success. Candidates will possess high moral character, strong ethics, and will demonstrate a commitment to the hard work of developing young athletes. The Head Coach will be able to recruit, hire and develop additional staff to assist him/her in achieving his/her vision and strategies. Our Head Coach is a role model for our athletes and serves as the primary mentor for our staff.
3+ years of previous coaching experience, including season planning and practice writing;
Established vision of coaching style and philosophy for progression of a competitive swim team;
Developed management and relational skills for a potential staff of 5+ assistant coaches;
Must have fulfilled all USA Swimming Coach Requirements prior to employment;
Extensive technical and working knowledge of current swimming technique, age-appropriate training progression, coaching methods, and swimming-industry news and updates;
Ability to capture and analyze video to maximize athletes’ practice experience and success;
Attend all team-hosted meets, fundraising events, and team functions, and promote the club brand publicly;
This is a full-time position that will consist of 40 hours a week or more depending on the particular training time.
Collegiate swimming experience or competition at the USA Swimming Junior National level;
5+ years of previous coaching experience with demonstrated success, including 2+ years as a head coach;
Experience with Hy-Tek Meet Manager software and TeamUnify website platform;
Basic video editing skills
Management of day-to-day direction and operation of growing program with 100+ swimmers;
Development and implementation of a competitive swim program, to include stroke technique training, development of dryland progressions, taper strategies for a range of swimmer abilities, etc.;
Management of appropriate athlete goal-setting, evaluation and tracking;
Development of seasonal swim meet schedules and team-building activities; recruitment, hiring, managing, and directing assistant coaches;
Responsible for recruiting, selection, development, and education of assistant coaches to achieve implementation of team goals and established coaching philosophies;
Working with TeamUnify, Hy-Tek Team Manager, and Meet Manager;
Completion of administrative functions involving athlete registration, team management, and meet entries; and
Positive communication with families and swimmers through a variety of avenues (one-on-one meetings, newsletters, team emails, website maintenance).
Salary & Benefits
Compensation is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. This is a year-round, salaried position. HLA covers required continuing education costs, reimburses for travel to meets outside Lincoln, and pays for all USA Swimming certifications.
with The Shipley School
The US and MS Swim Coach will be responsible for management of the scholastic swim program at The Shipley School working with all constituencies identifying developmental needs to enhance our program. Shipley practices daily at Bryn Mawr College’s pool and is a member of the Friends Schools League.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Coach MS and US Shipley swim teams
- Travel with the team to all meets and confirming transportation with the Athletic Office
- Responsible for inspiring our coaches to assist our student athletes in reaching their full potential
- Recruit student athletes of all ages for application to Shipley
- Oversee all Shipley Swim programs grades 6-12
- Monitor practices
- Develop lesson plans
- Oversee skill development
- Responsible for the organization of all swim trips, including Eastern’s ensuring school guidelines are adhered to
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Proficient in MS Office and Cloud based POS system
- Must be able to operate in a P/L environment
- Must have progressive management experience in a successful swim program
- Must be goal oriented
- Possess the ability to develop, accelerate and maintain successful swim program for various age levels
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills
- Eagerness to work in a school community and build relationships with all school constituencies to market the swim program
- Must be able to establish and maintain a high level of customer service and lead by example for swim staff
- Must be positive, respectful, trustworthy, supportive and believe in a student’s potential and run program reflecting Shipley’s Mission – see link:
- Must have previous coaching experience
- Track record of coaching experience at the Pro, College or High School level
- Proven ability to manage, motivate and inspire personnel
Expectations For All Employees
- Successful completion of state and federal clearances
with Byron Park District's Tiger Sharks swim team
Responsible for assisting the Head Swim Team Coach with the operation of the Tiger Shark swim team, including practices and swim meets. Also assists with team communication and various clerical tasks such as website maintenance, swim meet paperwork and volunteer coordination.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Head Coach with coaching the workout curriculum and provide constant feedback to participants to facilitate improvement.
- Enforce aquatic rules and policies by maintaining constant surveillance of participants.
- Set-up and help maintain facility and equipment.
- Establish and maintain good communication with participants, parents, coaches & supervisors
- Maintain a positive attitude and act in a professional manner when interacting with patrons, program participants, parents and other staff, at all times.
- Introduce new families to the sport of competitive swimming and answer their questions
- Maintain a positive team environment and enforce our Code of Conduct policy.
- Provide assistance with informing participants/parents of upcoming events, registration deadlines, schedule changes, etc. via the Tiger Sharks Team Unify website & Facebook
- Verify that swimmers have all required paperwork/registrations/memberships completed
- Verify swim meet registrations, assist with swim meet entries, provide required documents to host teams and Illinois Swimming, and communicate all swim meet information/entries to parents and swimmers.
- Assist with the operation of all home swim meets, including meet referees, officials, timers, concession workers, concession donations, etc.
- Encourage individuals to obtain swim official certifications and inform them of upcoming training courses.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
with Ashland University
|Ashland University is an NCAA Division II institution that competes in the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC), one of the most highly respected NCAA Division II conferences in the country. Ashland University offers a comprehensive 20-sport athletic program. The University is located off of Interstate 71 in Ashland, Ohio, midway between Cleveland and Columbus.Position Summary: Ashland University is seeking applications for the position of Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach. The assistant swimming and diving coach is required to recruit off campus and be involved with on-campus visits. This position will assist the head coach in developing the overall recruiting plan. The assistant swimming and diving coach assists the head coach in monitoring academic progress of all student-athletes on the team and working with various constituencies across campus to ensure that student-athletes receive the proper academic counseling and assistance. This position reports to the head swimming and diving coach and the athletic director and could include other duties including event management and representing the athletic department at various functions.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities: • Teaches proper technique and skill development in various aspects of swimming. Candidates should have a complete and thorough understanding of the sport and be able to instruct student-athletes in small group and one-on-one settings. • Ability to instruct student-athletes on physical health, team concepts and team building exercises, team development techniques and safety. • A thorough understanding of NCAA and GLIAC rules and regulations is required. The assistant coach must adhere to these rules and help ensure that the program is in compliance with all rules, regulations and guidelines. The ability to articulate these to student-athletes is also required. • An understanding of AshlandUniversity’s mission and goals is required. Applicants must have the ability to explain these to student-athletes. • Assists with the supervision of multiple practices and events with two teams. • Assists in plans for travel.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.
• A Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Candidates must have the ability to successfully impart knowledge on various training techniques and strokes in swimming.
• Previous coaching and/or swimming experience on the college level is highly desired.
• Candidates should be lifeguard, CPR, AED and first aid certified or able to attain certification upon employment.
• The ability to identify and recruit student-athletes is required.
• This position requires well-developed communication skills, as well as strong time management and organizational skills.
• The ability to work weekends and evenings is required. This position requires extensive travel, both in recruiting and to meets.
with Lake Country Swim Team
Lake Country Swim Team, Hartland, Wisconsin, is seeking an hourly and/or full time assistant coach for both our senior and age group programs. Ideal candidate is enthusiastic, engaging, a strong communicator and team player. Responsibilities will include assisting and substituting for lead coaches as needed with potential assignment as group lead coach. Pay and responsibilities are dependent on candidate’s experience and skill set. Dryland strength and conditioning experience is a plus. Candidates must possess, or be able to acquire USA Coaching Certification. Start date is as soon as possible.
with Gateway Region YMCA
St. Charles YMCA
PURPOSE OF POSITION
In accordance with the Christian principles of the YMCA, the incumbent will provide leadership to the Aquatics Program and staff members. He/she will exemplify the “Y” values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, and faith in all aspects of the position. He/she will follow all guidelines as established in the YMCA Aquatic Program Model.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
1. Effectively communicate with staff, volunteers, and patrons.
2. Maintain professional, respectful, positive attitude toward all members and co-workers.
3. Hire, supervise, train and evaluate performance of aquatic staff.
4. Demonstrate good organizational, planning and sound judgment skills.
5. Ensure aquatic safety for staff, members and guests
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop and conduct in-services once a month and drills at least twice a month.
2. Monitor activities in the pool and adjacent areas to strive to prevent injuries, accidents and life threatening situations; maintain order.
3. Monitor all staff certification expiration dates.
4. Inspect facility for cleanliness; assist with daily pool, locker room, and deck cleaning.
5. Test water purity and monitor chemical balance; add chemicals as needed. Ensure water is tested every two hours, monitor chemical balance, and take appropriate actions if chemicals are out of order.
6. Inspect facility to determine problems and correct them prior to opening.
7. Ensure all policies and safety requirements are followed.
8. Complete Aquatic Quick Check and Deck Supervisor Report every work shift.
9. Build small communities among staff members.
10. Provide encouragement and feedback for aquatic staff to improve performance.
11. Ensure all guards receive meal and break periods per aquatic policy.
12. Serve as liaison to service center by providing aquatic department program information.
13. Report problems, complaints, or concerns of participants to the aquatic director in a timely fashion.
14. Assist Aquatic Director in special Aquatic programs & coordinating special group usage.
15. Evaluate and update all skills during in-services.
16. Develop and enforce pool usage schedules for programming, lap and recreation swim.
17. Direct the patrolling of the pool and the enforcement of safety rules & regulations
18. Maintain accurate records for the aquatic department including enrollment, retention and safety inspections, chemical checks and incident/accidents.
19. Complete evaluations on aquatic staff (lifeguards) and discuss with aquatic leadership.
20. Aid in member retention by being knowledgeable, caring, and friendly to all members.
21. Administer swim lesson program if applicable.
22. Create new activities and programs within the YMCA of USA aquatic programs if applicable.
23. Assist with marketing and public relations efforts for the department.
24. All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
with Heart of Texas Aquatics Team
Heart of Texas Aquatics Team (HEAT), serving the Waco and surrounding communities of Central Texas, is seeking a dynamic, motivating, experienced Head Coach, to lead our year-round competitive swim program. The team currently trains at the Family YMCA, and consists of 65+ swimmers from beginning level age-group swimmers to swimmers who compete at State Championships, Sectionals, Jr. Nationals, and National Championships. HEAT is a 501©(3) non-profit organization supported by a parent run volunteer Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 3 years Head Coaching experience
- Current Coach member of good standing with USA Swimming (background check, CPR, First Aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches)
- ASCA Level 3 or higher certification with ability to coach swimmers beyond the National level
- Positive, motivating, and energetic attitude with a passion for the sport and a desire for excellence in all areas of the program
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail, and ability to effectively communicate with swimmers, parents, coaching staff, and Board of Directors.
Responsibilities to include:
- Management of day-to-day direction and operation of swim team
- Develop and implement competitive program – to include correct stroke technique training and development, dry-land progressions, and taper strategies for range of swimmer abilities
- Management of appropriate athlete goal setting, evaluation and tracking
- Develop seasonal swim meet schedule, team building activities
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, managing, and directing assistant coaches
- Working knowledge of Team Unify and Hy-Tek Team Manager and Meet Manager
- Involvement with some administrative functions, Athlete registration, team management, and meet entries
- Communicate with families and swimmers through a variety of avenues, to include swimmer & parent meetings, newsletters, team emails, and maintain team website and social media presence
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
with Asphalt Green
Asphalt Green is looking to hire an individual with strong experience in pool and lifeguard management combined with demonstrated organizational, communication and public relationship skills. This is a working supervisory position requiring weekend and holiday work. The set work schedule is Tuesday through Saturday.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage approximately 40 lifeguards and 1 Asst. Pool Manager
- Ensure that all Aquatics personnel perform at the highest levels ensuring a safe and positive experience for members, swim teams, school groups and general patrons
- Manage the deck in a highly professional manner communicating information on pool conditions, pool schedules, changes, policies, and classes in a timely manner
- Ensure a safe and clean environment inspecting the pool with regular pool and locker room walk-throughs.
- Develop and constantly evaluate all pool rules and regulations
- Maintain all pool equipment in top working order
- Working closely with Human Resources identify part-time staff.
- Hire, train, certify, schedule, and manage lifeguards
- Working with the UES Pool Manager, develop and conduct a monthly in-service training program for lifeguards to ensure that their skills and professionalism are of the highest standard. Create a positive work environment for the staff.
- Approve lifeguard payroll and time/attendance (ADP) biweekly
- Conduct performance reviews.
- Develop and manage administrative budget
- Manage lifeguard training business (approx. $15k in annual revenue)
- Manage the BPC Pool Grid
- Create and distribute Member Lap Swim Schedule. Manage and work with marketing for BPC to publish all schedules and changes for special events, holidays and emergency closures.
- Maintain pool usage count
- Respond to all emails and phone calls in an appropriate timeframe. Handle any customer service issues.
- Assist with swim school and waterproofing needs
- Degree in Sports Management or related field preferred
- At least 3-4 years of aquatics supervision and pool experience
- Strong computer, written and verbal skills required
- Current certifications in Lifeguard & First Aid, and CPR & AED.
- CPO certification is a plus or the ability to obtain
- LGI certification is a plus or the desire to obtain
with Carter Center Aquatics
The Carter Center Aquatics Swim Team (CCA), located in Roanoke, VA, is seeking applicants for a Head Age Group Coach. The Roanoke Valley is uniquely nestled among the Blue Ridge Mountains in southwestern Virginia. An outdoor paradise (hiking, biking, boating, etc), Roanoke is located within three hours of Charlotte, Richmond, and Washington DC.
CCA is an institutionally owned team by North Cross School, a K-12 private secondary school serving the Roanoke and New River Valleys. The USA Swimming team currently boasts approximately 150 swimmers, ranging from novice to Junior National level swimming, as well as National top 16 qualifiers. The Head Age Group Coach, a full time salaried position, will be in charge of the age group program, coaching 2-3 training groups. The position will include 25-30 hours on deck per week with practices held Monday through Friday evenings, Saturday mornings, and possibly some weekday mornings as well.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
– Represent CCA in a professional and mature manner at all times while adhering to all USA- Swimming, North Cross School and ASCA Code of Ethics and Conduct policies.
– Maintaining all required credentials.
– Coordinate with the Team’s Head Coach to develop seasonal training plan for all 14 & under practice groups within the philosophy of the program.
– Responsible for writing and running our Age Group training groups, including developing and implementing dry land workouts.
– Creating fun, positive, exciting, engaging yet challenging and skills based practices for the age group program.
– Overseeing and mentoring the other age group coaches and assisting them with their training groups
– Attending all swim meets in which Age Group Swimmers are in attendance (usually one to two meets a month).
– Attend and participate in all staff meetings as requested by the Head Coach.
– Collaborate with entire staff to develop and implement benchmarks for measuring our swimmer’s improvement and increasing these opportunities for all levels of the team.
– Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, Providing great customer service and communicates with all constituents for the program including staff, swimmers, parents and friends of CCA.
– Assist Head Coach, North Cross School and Parent Booster Board with marketing and promotion of the club.
– Oversee individual/team entries and send out any relevant meet information for swim meets.
– Imports swim meet results onto CCA database & manage team records page.
– Track swimmer’s training goals and statistics along with monthly attendance figures.
– Provide goal meetings with swimmer’s on a seasonal basis and any additional as needed by athlete and coach decisions.
– Meet set-up and takedown assistance for hosted/sponsored meets as required by the Head Coach.
– Dealing with disciplinary issues per team policies and in coordination with the Head Coach.
– Participation and input assistance to Head Coach/School with hiring of new staff members.
– Attend and participate in LSC functions
The applicant must have experience coaching swimmers 14 and younger, display a strong knowledge of excellent stroke technique, and have prepared swimmers for the senior level. We are looking for an energetic coach who is active on the deck, enthusiastic about the opportunity, and possesses good communication skills. Our ideal candidate will possess high ethical and moral standards and will be as interested in our members’ character development as they are in their development as swimmers. We are looking for a coach who has a passion to coach and mentor our swimmers!
Candidates must have experience with Team Unify, Team Manager and Microsoft Office. It is preferred candidates have at least 4 years competitive coaching experience. In addition, he/she must have all USA Swimming Certifications including a Background Check, Athlete Protection Training, Safety Training and CPR, and be in good standing with USA Swimming and their LSC.
with Cherokee County Recreation and Parks
The following duties are normal for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Plans, organizes, and implements aquatic programs for children, teen and adult activities; develops, plans and organizes special and holiday aquatic events; manages aquatic programs and evaluates services; plans and directs age appropriate, aquatics programs for special populations including senior adults and individuals with disabilities; works directly with individuals participating in programs. Includes soliciting sponsorship funds for particular events; prepares materials relating to programs and special events.
Develop Marketing plan for all programs using social media, print media, school events, and other sources to increase participation in all programs.
Develops, supervises and promotes diverse aquatic programs, activities and events for all ages and abilities.
Administers Break Camps; supervises, reviews, monitors, analyses and evaluates camps and their activities.
Supervises schedules and evaluates instructors or seasonal assigned staff. May also supervise and evaluate interns and volunteers.
Recruits, recommends for hire, and trains instructor or seasonal part-time staff; handles employee concerns, directs work assignments, counsels and disciplines employees when necessary, and completes employee performance appraisals.
Enforces CCAC/Agency/Government rules, regulations and ordinances; keeps part-time staff informed of appropriate CCAC/Agency/Government changes in policies and procedures.
Coordinates with other staff the planning, organizing, and implementing of shared programs and facilities.
Performs necessary preparation of aquatic areas and ensures availability of needed equipment and supplies.
Possesses a number of technical skills and knowledge in a wide range of aquatic, recreation, health and wellness activities for all ages.
Performs special projects and duties assigned by Aquatics Manager or Recreation Division Director.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job requires some night and weekend hours.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
Bachelor’s degree from college or university with emphasis in recreation or sport management or related field with at least three (3) years’ experience in aquatics field including managing public swimming pools and Aquatic programs ; supervision of staff and programs; and fiscal responsibilities.
CPR/First Aid/AED Certification
American Red Cross Lifeguard and Water Safety Instructor Certification
American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) or Certified Pool Operator (CPO) Certification
American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Trainer
with Cherokee County Aquatic Center
Creates a positive Team environment that fosters learning and fun.
Works with facility to create meet schedules annually, as well as practice groups and schedules.
Develop and improve technical and physical skills of swimming in each participant.
Create and implement dryland training program.
Plan & lead daily practices for assigned groups.
Cautions swimmers regarding unsafe practices and safety hazards; enforces and adheres to pool rules and regulations.
Works with facility to set attendance & discipline policies for swimmers and keeps records of attendance.
Develops seasonal training plans.
Establish and maintain communication with parents and swimmers.
Organizes swim meets and meet volunteers.
Travels to away swim meets with the team.
Acts as coordinator for Summer Swim Team.
Required to use Meet/Team Manager to facilitate Team needs
Coordinates and schedules any off season events/programs.
Assists with hiring, training, and disciplining all coaches.
Supervises assistant coaches, head summer league coach, and other instructors assigned to swim team programs.
Maintain all certifications.
Rescues swimmers in danger of downing.
Administers First Aid/CPR/AED as necessary.
Follows emergency action plan and procedures established in the event of an emergency.
Responsible for the care and maintenance of the swim team equipment.