Date posted: March 9, 2021
Location: 50 Stone Road West, Guelph, ON, Canada
with The Guelph Marlin Aquatic Club
Director of High Performance Swim Coach
Guelph Marlin Aquatic Club – Guelph, Ontario Canada
The Guelph Marlin Aquatic Club (GMAC) is seeking a Full Time Director of High Performance Swim Coach.
GMAC is a Non Profit swim club that has between 300-600 swimmers registered throughout the year across our Learn to Swim, Competitive, Masters and Summer Lifesaving programs.
The successful candidate will bring an abundance of positive energy and focus to the senior and high performing swimmers in the club, our Masters program, and our Summer Lifesaving Program. The Director of High Performance will work collaboratively with the Director of Age Group and Development Swim Coach and the coaching staff to identify and move athletes into the high performance program with GMAC and work with the athletes to set and achieve their goals, from Regionals to Trials and into post secondary competition. This position will consist of on deck coaching, administrative duties, mentoring, strategizing, and planning up to 40 hours per week.
We want to find team members who will foster a collaborative and open environment with all employees, the swim families and the Board of Directors. Candidates must be positive, enthusiastic, hard working and able to encourage and have positive energy with all athletes in our club. Teaching the fundamentals of proper stroke technique, athletic development, and physical and mental health from an early age through our swim school and into the pre-competitive and competitive programming are key tenets of this role.
The candidate must be willing to work collaboratively towards achieving and guiding all swimmers to their full potential, whether it be Learn-to-Swim, Recreational, Regional, Provincial or National Level swimming.
Director of High Performance Swim Coach Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute programs geared to Senior and High Performing Groups, Masters Program and Lifesaving
- In direct collaboration with the Director of Age Group and Development Swim Coach and/or the General Manager:
- Build a well-rounded meet schedule for our athletes and integrate into our own historically established hosted meet schedule
- Develop and implement an annual comprehensive swimming strategy that identifies the best technical training program to elevate all levels of GMAC swimmers
- Develop/execute/adjust hosted meet schedule and events
- Publish a mentorship program/schedule of all coaches who are direct reports
- Recruit and retain coaches to run programs effectively within the annual budget guidelines
- Participate in annual planning for upcoming seasons
- Conduct yearly reviews of coaches who are direct reports
- Resolve member complaints in a fair and responsible manner utilizing our operating policies as guidance
- Conduct annual club equipment inventory audit
- Directly coach at least one training group
- Maintain accurate records for swimmers and their progression
- Populate meet entries, either directly or through coaching staff, in Meet Manager based on established timelines
- Attend regular staff meetings and contribute to the team
- Engage in learning; continuing education through CSCA, NCCP development, etc
- Collaborate, develop and execute with the team on developing annual swimmer banquet
- Submit monthly reports to the GMAC Board of Directors
- Participate in all Team Functions
- Adhere to all policies including GMAC, Swim Ontario, Swimming Canada, and all facilities where we participate
In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Serve as a role model for youth with the ability to demonstrate the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility and have a positive and encouraging nature in a safe environment
- Be available to coach in the mornings, evenings and weekends throughout the year
- Attend 1-2 weekend meets per month
- Establish positive professional relationship with swimmers, parents, community and other coaches
- Create a fun and inviting learning environment to encourage growth and retention
- Provide clear communication with swimmers, parents, coaches, General Manager and board as required
- Contribute to weekly family communication as needed
- Assist to maintain safe social media presence promoting the team
- Minimum NCCP Age Group Coach Certified Level 2 or equivalent
- Must pass all appropriate background checks and complete Safe Sport Certification
- Current NLS & Standard First Aid
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Knowledge and experience of technical and training aspects of competitive swimming
- Strong leadership
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Problem solving abilities
- Willingness for continual education
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and in team environment
- Computer savvy
Date posted: March 9, 2021
Location: One Trinity Place, San Antonio, Texas 78212-7200
with Trinity University, Texas
Responsible for coaching, recruiting, scheduling and budgeting of the University’s intercollegiate Division III Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving program. Teaches activity classes and a second assignment in the Athletic Department.
- Coaches the intercollegiate NCAA Division III Men’s & Women’s Swim program and oversees the diving program.
- Recruits qualified student athletes according to TU Admission Office guidelines.
- Develops, in cooperation with the Director of Athletics, a schedule of contests for each season and makes appropriate arrangements for travel to out of town contests.
- Assumes position of second assignment in the Athletic Department as determined by the Director of Athletics.
- Develops and proposes a men’s and women’s swimming & diving budget annually and manages expenditures within the allocation.
- Teaches activity classes in the Department of Physical Education.
- Directs, coordinates, and evaluates employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws. Interviews, hires and trains employees; plans, assigns, and directs work; creates work schedules and conducts performance appraisals, counsels, and disciplines employees; addresses complaints and resolves problems.
Date posted: March 8, 2021
Location: Marin County, CA, USA
with North Bay Aquatics (NBA)
Head Coach Marin County, CA
MISSION AND VALUES
Mission: North Bay Aquatics coaches excellence and character through competitive swimming.
North Bay Aquatics (NBA) (http://www.northbayaquatics.org) is a swim team of diverse backgrounds, but we all share the same core values:
● a genuine enthusiasm for engaging in the NBA process, even when that process is demanding
● a competitive fire
● a willingness to bring our best to everything we do, even when no one is looking
● a team-first attitude
We have high expectations of our NBA family—which includes coaches, swimmers, alumni, and supporting families from our more than 15-year history—and we look for new members who are excited and willing to hold themselves to these same standards. North Bay Aquatics has an outstanding competitive Bronze Medal awarded youth program and a robust masters swim program. The NBA family enjoys a strong social engagement to the program built through the camaraderie felt across the team.
Established in 2001, NBA was founded by Ken DeMont, a 4-year All American College Swimmer under the tutelage of Bob Davis and Dick Jochums – two world-renowned coaches who trained multiple Olympic medalists. Senior Group and Masters Coach Don Swartz (an ASCA Hall of Fame coach) has been a part of NBA since 2005. NBA operates as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
North Bay Aquatics has had athletes in the last 3 Olympic Trials and continues to have many Senior National level and Junior National level qualifiers as well as a recent Junior National Champion. USA Swimming has awarded NBA Bronze Medal Club recognition five of the last six years. NBA swimmers regularly go on to swim in Division I, II and III college programs, often for all four years. NBA also runs a successful Masters program with over 150 active members, including everything from professional triathletes, world-class open water swimmers, medal winners at Masters Nationals, and people who just see swimming as a great form of exercise. North Bay Aquatics is at its core a highly competitive program which shares genuine enthusiasm and pride in how the members in its family show up on the pool deck and in the world. NBA is comprised of swimmers predominantly from Marin County, but also from neighboring Napa and Sonoma Counties and San Francisco.
NORTH BAY AQUATICS is currently looking for a leader to become the Head Coach for its competitive Senior level Youth swim program. The Head Coach is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and supervision of the NORTH BAY AQUATICS competitive program (including a, senior/national and pre-senior team.) NORTH BAY AQUATICS currently has approximately 80 competitive swimmers across these two groups.
The Head Coach is responsible for overseeing a vibrant, competitive Senior level Youth swim program that is dedicated to the outcome of quality programming; i.e. swimmers who are life-long learners, competing for their goals and enjoying the holistic process of competitive swimming. The Head Coach reports directly to the Board of Trustees and is a member of that Board. The Head Coach oversees and supervises approximately four part-time coaches
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following;
● Lead and develop a competitive swim team providing technical instruction and motivation
● Define and implement a complete dry-land program
● Organize, run, and/or attend competitive swim events on both local and national platforms -typically attending one to two swim meets per month
● Continuously motivate and inspire the team to be their best, in and out of the pool (aka. be the team morale manager)
● Conduct short- and long-term planning for all team activities including training blocks, swim meets, and culture building / team building events (e.g., annual awards banquet)
● Proactively establish and maintain good swim team parent relations which includes providing appropriate levels of access and communication
● Identify, engage and coordinate with parent volunteers to support swim team activities such as swim meet travel, and swim meet organization
● Collaborate with Operations to coordinate and align on pool schedule, pool space needs and swim meet plans
● Collaborate with Operations to align on team culture, vision and related activities to support the youth programs
● Work with the Operations to propose, review and align on any plans that require budget expenditure
● Recruit, manage, evaluate and mentor assistant coaches
● Proactively develop relationships with key community members to further the reputation and success of NBA including local high school coaches, summer club coaches, local pool managers and operators
● Actively recruit swimmers while developing a good understanding of the pipeline of swimming talent through regular communication and collaboration with all youth coaches
● Liaise with local aquatic groups and participate in local and national coaching associations
● Maintain all coaching certifications
● Lead and/or participate in fundraising and other activities for the general growth and
development of the team
● Communicate with local pools regarding operational and/or maintenance issues of the pool facilities
● Stay current on, and participate in, learning opportunities for coaches (i.e., conferences, webinars, articles, videos, etc.)
● As a non-voting member of the NBA Board of Directors, attend quarterly meetings, present timely reports on team progress
Qualifications and Requirements
● Must be able to convince NBA that you are up to the leadership challenge
● Demonstrated leadership characteristics
● Minimum five years professional coaching experience with direct influence on success of individual and team success
● Expertise in building and maintaining strong relationships with club members, regardless of ability
● Member in good standing with current LSC
● USA Swimming Deck Pass credentials
● Demonstrated experience working with different communication formats
● Bachelor’s Degree
● Experience participating at competitive swim events
● Knowledge of USA Swimming operations
● Experience with an organization that is governed by a Board of Directors
● Awareness of, and training in emergency procedures; and the supervision of staff in emergency management
Equal Opportunity Employer
NBA hiring policies require a background check for all applicants working directly with at-risk populations, including this position.
NBA offers a compensation package that includes a competitive salary and benefits based upon experience.
Date posted: March 5, 2021
Location: 3519 NE 15th Ave, Portland, Oregon, USA
with Portland Aquatic Club
Portland Aquatic Club is seeking an energetic and experienced Head Coach for our competitive swim team. They should provide effective leadership and guidance to the team’s athletes, assistant coaches, and volunteers. The Head Coach will develop and articulate a clear vision and goals while representing the mission and core values of PAC. They will provide a high-level experience for the entire club, from developing swimmers to national level athletes The Head Coach will be a role model for the athletes and serve as the public face of PAC, while adhering to safety protocols, following and enforcing Safe Sport guidelines.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Treat all swimmers with equal care and concern, regardless of ability, age, sex, race, sexual preference and gender identity
Oversee all levels of swimming: create a vision and plan for all training groups
- Create a challenging, fun, and appropriate environment for each age and ability
- Develop a training group structure for all levels and set training group goals
- Organize and staff all practices for the team
- Be a visible presence to all training groups
- Recruit and retain swimmers with attention to the team’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Offer guidance and mentoring to athletes going through the college recruitment process
Directly coach at least one training group
- Build swimmer engagement by creating an inclusive community
- Manage daily workouts to provide technique instruction for all swimmers at every practice using up to date training methods.
- Encourage improvement through positive reinforcement, while handling discipline without public humiliation, shaming or excessive sarcasm
- Informally consult with swimmers before and after practice as needed
- Formally meet with athletes to discuss goals and progress, and to address specific concerns
Create opportunities for competition
- Plan meet schedule for swimmers of all ages and abilities
- Build healthy relationships within our LSC
- Oversee individual and team entries for meets
- Organize team and coach travel
- Attend highest level of competition
- Supervise athletes at meets in accordance with the team code of conduct
- Meet with swimmers individually before and after each event to provide encouragement, specific praise and constructive feedback
- Communicate clearly and routinely with coaching staff, families, athletes, and the board of directors
- Manage day-to-day operations
- Undergo annual performance reviews based on feedback from swimmers, parents, coaching staff and volunteers
- Develop and enforce team policies and procedures, including attendance and discipline policies for swimmers
- Maintain office hours, with clear guidelines of how/when to contact
- Support team fundraising efforts
- Exhibit effective leadership skills
- Supervise coaching staff and serve as a mentor
- Manage hiring with goal of creating diverse staff, and oversee all coaching staff assignments, responsibilities, and development/education,
- Provide annual performance review and goal setting for coaching staff
- Hold regular meetings with coaches (both formal and informal)
- Participate in strategic planning in conjunction with the parent-led board
- Assist in preparation of annual operating budget with the board treasurer
- Manage expenditures in accordance with approved budget
- Submit monthly reports to the board
- Oversee all communication including the team website, social media, newsletters, meeting information, publicity, and team records
- Attend all pertinent meetings, including active participation at monthly board meetings leading all Wet Side discussions
- Plan and lead Annual Membership Meetings
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Experience coaching multiple age groups and ability levels for a successful USA Swimming program
- USA Swimming Senior and Age Group ASCA Level 3 Certification or above is a bonus
- Current on all USA Swimming Certifications
- Completed training and certification on MAAP
- Completed All required Courses for Athlete Protection Training (APT)
- Complete Understanding of SafeSport Policies
- Complete and pass all necessary background checks
- Maintains current required safety certifications (STSC, CPR)
- Complete training with the Positive Coaching Alliance upon hiring
Date posted: March 5, 2021
Location: 97 Salmon Brook St, Granby, CT 06035
with Farmington Valley YMCA
Date posted: March 4, 2021
Location: Charleston, SC, USA
with South Carolina Swim Club - SCSC
South Carolina Swim Club (SCSC) seeks a highly qualified individual for the position of Head Swim Coach/Executive Director. SCSC is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization founded in 2006 as the Mount Pleasant Swim Parents Association and is a parent-governed USA Swimming Club. Located in the greater Charleston area, SCSC is a nationally recognized club with more than 375 USA Swimming registered swimmers who train at 4 sites offering both 50m and 25yd pool options. The organization has 9 full-time employees and a team of highly skilled part-time coaches. SCSC athletes have become successful swimmers and young adults due to their commitment, hard work and goal setting learned through the program. Dedicated to building a high performance and comprehensive swim program by cultivating excellence in student-athletes at all levels, the organization has experienced growth and is poised for significant growth across the Charleston region and for the expansion of opportunities to further its impact on the swimming communities in the Lowcountry area.
Date posted: March 4, 2021
Location: 497 Cumberland Drive, Slidell, LA, USA
with Nu Wave Swim Club
Nu Wave Swim Club is seeking an energetic, self-motivated, passionate swim coach to serve
as the Head Site Coach for our site at the Lakeside Swim Club pool in Slidell, Louisiana.
Qualified candidates will have strong communication skills.
Nu Wave Swim Club (WAVE) has four sites across the greater New Orleans area. Nu Wave has
reached Level 4 status in the USA Swimming Club Recognition Program. In 2019, Nu Wave
was recognized as a Bronze Medal Club in USA Swimming’s Club Excellence Program. Nu
Wave is also Safe Sport Recognized.
Head Site Coach duties include:
● Oversee and supervise Lakeside Site staff. Report on monthly coach hours, vacation/sick days, and
periodic reviews. Recruit and recommend new coach hires as needed.
● Work with Lakeside Site staff to establish goals for WAVE swimmers, oversee swimmer progress, and
communicate progression plans.
● Set practice schedules, practice groups, and criteria for advancement from group to group in partnership
with the WAVE Head Coach.
● Communicate effectively with WAVE Head Coach and Board of Directors.
● Emphasize the importance of proper technique, teamwork, learning in a group setting, work ethic, and
● Effectively manage swim team administrative tasks, which may include but are not limited to, meet
entries, email communication to families and swimmers, etc.
● Coordinate evaluations for all incoming swimmers eligible for Lakeside Site programs.
● Hold education meetings with parents and swimmers as agreed upon with the WAVE Head Coach.
● Contribute to coaches’ communications including team news/updates.
● Communicate statistics on team members, such as practice and meet attendance, goal achievement,
and team records.
● Facilitate progress toward USA Swimming Club Recognition and Club Excellence Goals.
● Develop cooperative and supportive relationships with the City of Slidell, including local high schools,
middle schools, and summer recreation teams.
● Positively represent WAVE in the local community, as well as within the Louisiana Swimming
● Abide by and actively uphold the USA Swimming Code of Conduct and all M.A.A.P.P. policies.
● This is a salaried position.
● U.S. citizen eligible to work in Louisiana.
● Has all USA Swimming Coaching Certification requirements or is able to acquire and maintain
appropriate certifications in a timely manner.
● 3+ years of coaching experience with administrative responsibilities.
● Competitive swimming experience at a year-round club level preferred.
● Experience with Team Unify platform. Have the ability to contribute to registration and website needs.
● Strong work ethic and commitment to team’s goals and assigned responsibilities.
● On deck schedule is Monday-Saturday after school during the academic calendar, summer scheduling
typically a morning schedule but dependent on summer programming
● Additional hours required for swim meets and administrative duties.
● Perform facility duties that may include but are not limited to: opening/closing procedures, chemical
checks, general upkeep of the deck space, organization of team equipment, etc.
● Creativity and proficiency through social media outlets are a plus.
Desired start date for this position is April 5, 2021
Date posted: March 3, 2021
Location: Scottsdale, AZ, USA
with Summer League Swimming
PLEASE NOTE: This is a “remote” sales position. You can work from home.
About Summer League Swimming
Summer League Swimming (SLS) promotes the sport of competitive swimming for children between the ages of 5 to 18. SLS provides quality resources to Summer youth swim program teams, leagues, and coaches so swimmers, volunteers and league coordinators have the best experience possible. Our program provide resources for a safer, fun environment, so children and parents can develop a lifelong love for the sport of swimming.
Summary / General Description:
- Identify youth Summer recreational swim leagues within designated geographic territories through to-be-provided Google search terms
- Create contact database of youth Summer swim league organizers
- Initiate email campaigns to introduce Summer League Swimming to youth Summer swim league database
- Call youth Summer swim league organizers to pre-qualify interest in Summer League Swimming offerings and schedule appointments with Summer League Swimming executive team members for detailed sales presentations
- Assist with Summer League Swimming social media campaigns and results tracking
- Promote/sell Safer Summer Program
- Swim team, especially youth Summer league swim team experience preferred
- Basic computer hardware and software skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of initiative and ability to work well in a virtual team environment
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction
- Positive Attitude
- Sense of urgency
- Strong communication skills
- Accountability for measurable results
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Conflict management
Summer League Swimming is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We also maintain a Drug-Free Workplace.
Date posted: March 2, 2021
Location: Williamsport, PA, USA
with Lycoming College
The department of Athletics at Lycoming College is seeking qualified candidates for the part-time position of Assistant Swimming Coach. This part-time, non-benefits eligible position is allotted 850 hours per fiscal year.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to assisting the head coach with recruiting, administrative duties, and on-deck coaching.
Required Experience & Qualifications: High school diploma required; bachelors degree is preferred. Must be proficient with Excel, Word and Microsoft Office. Experience with video and video equipment as it pertains to swimming is preferred. Ability to manage data and a database preferred. Prior recruiting, teaching, swimming, and/or coaching experience at the collegiate level is a plus. The successful candidate must be well-organized and have excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with student-athletes, faculty, staff, and parents. Candidates must be attentive to details, have the ability to lead and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. The candidate must display a commitment for adhering to all Lycoming College, NCAA, and MAC policies, rules, and regulations. A valid driver’s license with good driving record is required along with current and up-to-date Lifeguarding and CPR certifications.
Date posted: March 1, 2021
Location: Ypsilanti, MI, USA
with Eastern Michigan University
Assist the Head Coach in the recruitment, counseling, conditioning, training and coaching of a varsity team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Adhere to any and all NCAA, Mid-American Conference and Eastern Michigan University policies, rules, regulations, and operational procedures.
Assist in the organization and direction of all activities of a varsity sport.
Assist in the recruitment of prospective athletes to the University.
Coach team members individually and in groups, demonstrating techniques of the game.
Counsel and advise student athletes with personal or academic problems.
Report to one broad area of specific responsibility, as assigned.
Make position assignments and determine areas needing improvements.
Assist with development of contest strategy.
Serve as Head Coach in his/her absence.
Assist with summer camps and fund-raising activities.
Perform related departmental duties as required.
A Bachelor’s degree is required.
Knowledge of sport rules, conference rules, appropriate training techniques, and winning play/contest strategies, for assigned sport.
Three years previous college coaching experience within the sport is desirable.
Experience in counseling and advising student athletes is desirable.
Date posted: March 1, 2021
Location: 254 essex street, Beverly, MA 01915, USA
with YMCA of the North Shore
Are you an experienced Aquatics Professional with the ability to inspire a team while adhering to safety guidelines? Are you interested in utilizing your experience to ensure the safety and well-being of others by providing access to important programs and services to the community? This may be the opportunity for you?
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: follow the link below https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=62883&clientkey=67B49CE43A1AABDA4F0E49D852943B66
As an Aquatics Director, you will help the Greater Beverly YMCA support our community and members by ensuring the safe operating and robust and consistent programming of our Aquatics Center. The Aquatics Director is responsible for all aspects of the instructional and recreational aquatics experience. The Beverly YMCA provides swim lessons to youth weekly, offers aqua activities for all ages, and is host to local Swim Teams. Key responsibilities of this role include recruiting, retaining, and transitioning swimmers of all ages and abilities through the programs, and working collaboratively with the competitive team to achieve a successful conversion rate of instructional swimmers to the competitive program. Through strong leadership, efficient planning, high-quality engagement, and direct service, the Aquatics Director manages staff, provides guidance on the technical and physical skills of swimming, creates an environment of fun that develops relationships, achievement, and belonging while fostering a lifelong love of swimming and the water. The incumbent in this role will enjoy connecting with participants and visitors of all ages, have the ability to carry out Aquatics initiatives that meet the goals of the organization, and have a strong skillset in planning and leading others.
To thrive in this role you must have a background of progressive aquatics experience leading to the oversight and management of multiple team members, previous experience maintaining the functions of an aquatics center, and the ability to successfully prioritize and respond to a variety of tasks including the emergency response to members of visitors in the pool. You must have the ability to engage and direct others as well as provide instructions and assessments to staff and members in the pool.
The YMCA is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, protected genetic information, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran’s status.
Date posted: February 28, 2021
Location: 300 Chaffee Rd, Oconomowoc, WI 53066, USA
with A3 Performance
A3 Performance is the fastest-growing brand of performance swimwear in America. As an Innovator and Leader in product development, A3 Performance is now taking an innovative approach to brand growth and distribution.
This is where you come in. If you are entrepreneurial in nature and have dreamed of starting your own business, if you want to work in the sport of swimming and have the same drive as an aspiring athlete, an A3 Agent may be your calling.
An A3 Performance Agent is an independent business functioning as a marketing, sales, and service representative of A3 Performance. Enjoy the freedom of owning your own business and the support of the fastest-growing swimwear brand in America!
Date posted: February 27, 2021
Location: 2391 S Ridge Rd, Green Bay, WI, USA
with Ashwaubenon Swim Club
The Ashwaubenon Swim Club (ASC) is a non-profit association focused on competitive and recreational swimming for swimmers of ages 6-18+ years and co-sponsored with the Ashwaubenon Park and Recreation Department. We are expecting our head coach to develop leaders and accomplished swimmers in a team environment through a commitment to swimmer evaluation, goal development and sound swimming technique, while challenging athletes with endurance and physical fitness associated with competitive swimming.
- Be approachable, visible and communicate openly with all club members and swim team families.
- Bring an enthusiastic and energetic approach to each and every practice and swim meet. Focus on swimmer development which rewards effort and commitment as well as results.
- Develop strong relationships with all swimmers on the team, board members, assistant coaches, high school coaches and Park & Rec personnel.
- Facilitate and run daily and weekend practices, including dryland activities, with the help of assistant coaches as pool and facility time allows.
- Design and oversee training plans for all training groups and develop methods to track swimmers’ progress throughout the season. Set goals with swimmers and monitor phases of individual swimmer development including but not limited to stroke technique, starts and turns, and interval timing.
- Schedule, organize, and facilitate each season’s home and away meet schedule consistent with the needs of the team, individual training groups, athletes and their families.
- Assist with the preparation, operation and clean-up of practices, home swim meets, and team functions in our state-of-the-art facility that we call home.
- Support and exemplify USA Swimming’s Safe Sport initiative.
- Keep current with research in aquatics related areas and actively participate in the Wisconsin Swimming House of Delegates quarterly meetings.
- Hours will vary based on practice and meet times
- Demonstrated leadership, mentoring skills, and the ability to work as part of a team.
- General swim knowledge and competitive swim coaching experience.
- Must be certified USA Swimming Coach
- Current Lifeguard and First Aid/CPR certificates (or ability to obtain)
- Familiarity or willingness to learn Team Unify and Meet Manager software
Date posted: February 26, 2021
Location: Washington D. C., DC, USA
with Fitter and Faster
Fitter and Faster is looking for an enthusiastic, goal oriented professional to develop and execute marketing strategies that inform and excite prospective participants and hosts about our product offerings and grow our business.
The Marketing Manager will bring the curriculums, camp experiences and aptitude of our clinicians to life through multiple different mediums including: our website, emails, online advertising, social media, print and more. Everything that the Marketing Manager does has the objective of:
- Creating demand for teams and facilities to host camps
- Generating excitement and interest among competitive swimmers to participate in all camps – in person and online.
The Marketing Manager will work closely with the Regional Business Development Managers, the VP of Swimming Performance and Education and others in the company to understand the needs of the swimming community and to accurately and intelligently communicate how Fitter and Faster’s products and services will help them.
Top candidates will have many of the following attributes:
- Driven, outgoing, proactive, thoughtful personality with co-workers, customers and all others we work with
Management of a robust calendar
- Superb writing skills
- Motivated to achieve quantifiable performance goals.
- Living up to expectations and goals is imperative
- Enthusiasm about working hard & smart in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- No less than two-years of full-time work experience in marketing with a quantifiable successful track record.
- Experience developing email newsletters, social media posts and other methods of communicating with customers and prospects.
- Success with Facebook and Google Ads
- Competitive swimming experience as a competitor, coach, parent, etc.
- Successful experience utilizing Salesforce or a similar product
Date posted: February 26, 2021
Location: Washington D. C., DC, USA
with Fitter and Faster
Fitter and Faster Swim Camps is looking for a high energy, goal oriented individual to identify and secure locations to produce swim camps within their region.
A Regional Business Development Manager’s objectives are to increase the number of camps and fill up each session with participants who will benefit from the curriculums offered. This is accomplished by working with teams, coaches, parents, organizations, individuals, and more to understand the needs of local swimming communities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identifying new markets and planning swim camps in those areas from start to finish
- Planning camps in areas where we have previously done camps.
- Promoting camps with the objective of surpassing registration forecasts
- Ensuring a large number of swimming teams, leagues and organizations, local swim shops (and others) are encouraging competitive swimmers to attend upcoming camps.
- Building and maintaining relationships with coaches, parents and others within the swimming community
Qualified candidates have the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Competitive and motivated to achieve quantifiable performance goals
- Enthusiasm about working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- No less than two-years of full-time work experience in sales, account management or marketing with a quantifiable successful track record
- Experience developing email campaigns, newsletters, social media posts and other methods of communicating with customers and prospects
- Must make contact with 40 to 75 (or more) contacts each day via email, phone Zoom, FaceTime, etc.
- Diligent in follow up with customers, prospects, co-workers and other partners
- Driven, outgoing, proactive, thoughtful personality with co-workers, customers and all others we work with
- Experienced with CRM (Salesforce is a plus)
- Organized and able to manage a robust calendar
- Competitive swimming experience
- Ability to communicate and develop relationships that will enable us to provide more value to hosts, coaches, swimmers, parents, and book more clinics
- Someone who understands the importance of under-promising and over-delivering. Living up to expectations and goals is imperative
- Superb writing skills