Location: 15622 Country Club Drive, Bothell, WA, USA
with West Coast Aquatics
This position will be the primary coach on our Discover Group and will manage team administration including, but not limited to, meet entries and billing, fundraising, team database and records, intrateam building events and parent volunteer committees. Additional Lifeguarding and/or Office hours will be added to maintain a 40 hour workweek, most of which is during slow times where Team Administration tasks can be completed.
Base Pay: This is a salaried position and will be determined based on the qualifications and experience of the individual upon hire.
Benefits: This position includes full medical and dental. Additionally, we will partially reimburse your cell phone bill each month with the expectation that you take calls and answer text/emails outside of work hours.
End-Of-Year Bonus: during profitable years, the board will award up to 50% of profits to be split between employees based on individual performance, contribution and longevity.
Private Lessons: We allow our coaches to do Private Lessons. They must be done during lap or open swim times and adhere to our set pricing structure. We do a revenue share on Private Lessons, Club Team Coaches keep 75% of the lesson revenue and 25% goes to the organization.
Discover Training Group:
Our Discover Group is our third level on the year-round competitive team. Swimmers are typically between 9-11 years old, are legal in all strokes and need to be prepared for more structured and demanding training. This coach will be responsible for in-water and dryland training, attending all meets Discover swimmers compete in, and working with the Head Coach to ensure consistent vision and objectives across the program.
Team Administration & Lifeguarding:
As the owners and operators of our facility, we are responsible for staffing lifeguards throughout the day. This role will include some lifeguarding during lap swim hours where other duties can be completed when the pool is slow and other lifeguards are present.
Life Guarding / Team Administration 9am-2pm *these hours have some flexibility and will be adjusted to maintain a 40hr work week.
Life Guarding / Team Administration 9am-2pm *these hours have some flexibility and will be adjusted to maintain a 40hr work week
Meet and Vacation Schedule:
Meets happen roughly 1-2 times per month. We take most all the month of August off each year and have a couple short breaks during the winter and spring.
About West Coast Aquatics:
We are a 501c3 non-profit, coach-run organization. We own and operate our facility and pride ourselves on fostering excellence both in and out of the pool while instilling life lessons such as dedication, sportsmanship and a strong work ethic.
Must have prior experience in either competitive swimming or coaching / teaching children, preferably both. Candidates should also have either management experience or strong mechanical skills.
USA Swimming Coach Certification: Must be able to register as a Coach with USA Swimming, passing all background checks and meeting all requirements.
Lifeguard & CPR Certified: Must be capable of obtaining American Red Cross Lifeguarding & CPR Certification. Prefer if candidate is already certified, but we regularly offer classes throughout the year and will reimburse the cost of the class.
Strong Customer Service Skills: This position is one of the first lines of communication on our team and greater organization. This person will interact with customers, parents and contractors and must be outgoing, friendly and personable, yet effective and firm when necessary.
Organized & Detail Oriented: We expect our coaches to lead by example and demand excellence while nurturing growth and learning. Given the young age of swimmers in this group, many are discovering their passion for the sport and it is paramount they build a strong foundation of skills / technique while having fun and develop a strong work ethic.
Location: University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
with University of Southern California and Trojan Swim Club
USC Men’s and Women’s Swimming team has an opening for volunteer assistant coach. Will have dual appointment with Trojan Swim Club to work with post-graduate and pro athletes in preparation for the 2020 Olympic Games.
Location: Georgetown, TX, USA
with Southwestern Univiersity
Southwestern Swimming and Diving program is currently seeking a Part-Time Assistant Swimming Coach. This position will serve both the Men’s and Women’s teams and will report directly to the Head Coach. The position is part-time hourly, with an expected contribution of approximately 12 hours per week over the course of the 2019-20 academic year. Collegiate swimming experience and coaching experience at any level for one or more years preferred.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the University’s Background Check Policy process. EOE/M/F
Resume & References can be sent to Head Coach Jon Duncan [email protected]
Location: 300 Lake Circle, Madison, MS, USA
with PEAQ - Performance Elite Aquatics
PEAQ is a year round competitive USA Swim Team located in Madison, Mississippi. PEAQ competes in the Mississippi Swimming LSC and averages 115 swimmers per year.
PEAQ is looking for a professional, self-motivated coach with experience developing, recruiting for and maintaining competitive age group programs. Under the direction of the Head Coach the qualified candidate would oversee and be responsible for all aspects of the PEAQ age group program.
The position requires on average 20 – 30 hours of deck time a week, weekend swim meets, and administrative office hours/duties.
• On Deck Duties (include but limited to):
◦ Adhere to USA Swimming and ASCA Code of Ethics
◦ Daily Training sessions on average 4 -6 hours/day
◦ Planning and Developing age group programs to foster the growth of the PEAQ and the development of each individual swimmer to achieve their greatest potential
◦ Responsible for the recruitment, growth and performance of the PEAQ age group program
◦ Swimmer practice attendance tracking
◦ Meet Attendance
• Administrative Duties (include but not limited to):
◦ Design and Implement long term age group training/development plan.
◦ Age Group track for progression through PEAQ training programs, including training group recommendations, placement and promotions
◦ Recruit and Retain new swimmers to PEAQ through new programs or local partnerships
◦ Meet Entries
◦ Parent and Swimmer Education
◦ Regular Parent meetings
◦ Athlete goal meetings and performance updates
◦ Continuing Coaching Education
PEAQ emphasizes Team over Individual and has seen a lot of recent success quickly becoming the premier team in Mississippi. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. PEAQ covers the coach’s annual registration fees, meet lodging and travel expenses, and continuing education.
The qualified candidate must have a College Degree, ASCA Level 2 requirements or equivalent of; Must be Team oriented and a Team Builder; must be able to work under the direction of the Head Coach to support PEAQ Team Goals and guidelines.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to Head Coach Fernando Reis, [email protected]
Location: Wellesley, MA, USA
with Crimson Aquatics- Wellesley Site
Crimson Aquatic- Wellesley
We are seeking qualified and dynamic coaches to work with our Age Group/ Senior Program (ages 11-16). Qualified candidates will have a background in competitive swimming, previous coaching or teaching experience, and expertise in swimming technique. A positive attitude and a passion for working with young people are essential. Compensation is highly competitive.
This coaching position entails:
- Attending and assisting in swim team practices and meets
- Providing instruction which emphasizes the importance of proper technique, teamwork, and sportsmanship
- Organizing productive workouts under the direction of the Head Coaches
- Other duties, as needed
Qualified individuals must demonstrate:
- Thorough knowledge of swimming technique and teaching skills
- The ability to effectively manage young athletes while motivating and engaging them
- Effective communication with parents, athletes and other coaches
This position is available immediately and will remain open until the position is filled.
Location: 4318 Lone Oak Road Southeast, Salem, OR, USA
with Courtside Aquatic and Salem Tennis and Swim Club
Courtside Aquatic at Salem Tennis and Swim Club
4318 Lone Oak Rd
Salem, OR 97306
Head Coach and Aquatics Director/Facility Manager
Salary Range: $30,000 to $40,000 (with incentives) dependent on experience and qualifications.
Club: Courtside Aquatic Team
Reports To: Salem Tennis and Swim Club and Courtside Aquatic Management
The Courtside Aquatic team is a year-round USA competitive swim team offering high-quality professional coaching technique instruction for all ages and abilities. We pride ourselves on offering a fun positive environment where every swimmer no matter their level has the opportunity to learn and grow. We have two practice locations. Our main senior and junior site is at Salem Tennis and Swim Club and the other site is at Willamette University.
We are seeking a Head Coach and Aquatic/Facility Director to oversee all aspects of coaching and day to day aquatics operations.
Serve as Aquatic Director and Head Swim Coach under the direction of Courtside Aquatic management. Perform the following duties personally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other Duties may be assigned.
1. Supervise all aspects of the Aquatics Facility, including but not limited to: facility scheduling, lifeguard scheduling, outside group rental, and swim lessons.
2. Direct all aspects of the senior and age group swim programs.
3. Responsible for certifying that all coaches are CPR/First Aid certification. And USA/OSI certifications are all current.
4. Maintain the swimming pool quality standards that meet government and health requirements.
5. Schedule and perform minor repairs to pool equipment as needed.
6. Monitor Chemical treatment, clean and back flush filters.
7. Keep pool area clean and free from hazards.
8. Maintain records on all pool processes to assure proper control.
9. Order supplies as needed.
10. Supervise Lifeguard schedules and duties.
11. Prepare required reports for Maintenance and Athletics.
12. Respond to all administrative correspondence in the policies requested time frame and attend all staff meetings.
13. Ensure the safety, physical and social welfare of student-athletes.
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Courtside Aquatics policies and procedures. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Knowledge of pool maintenance procedures, including chemical treatment, sanitizing, cleaning, filtrations systems, problem diagnosis, draining etc.
Skill with use of pool maintenance tools, chemicals and equipment.
Skill in use of personal computers and related software applications.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with diverse faculty, staff and athletes.
Ability to develop and maintain record keeping systems and procedures.
Education and or Experience
Must have current USA Swimming Coaching Certification and three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPR, First Aid and U.S. Coaching certification required. Athletic experience in swimming, previous coaching experience preferred.
We offer a competitive salary, with the possibility for certain benefits, based on the candidates qualifications and experience.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit inquiries and resumes to Davis and Tracie Evenson Owners of Courtside Aquatic and Salem Tennis and Swim Club. Emails at [email protected] and/or [email protected]
Location: 8400 North Loop 1604 West, San Antonio, TX, USA
with Alamo Area Aquatic Association - Northside
Seeking an experienced, high-energy individual for the position of Head Coach for the AAAA-Northside Team/USA Swimming Club-Alamo Area Aquatic Association (AAAA). AAAA-NS is a coach directed team with a membership of 300-350 swimmers and is one (1) of six (6) satellite teams under the AAAA umbrella. The AAAA Board of Directors meets once a month. The group is comprised of the Head Coach and the Aquatics Director from each site.
Head Coach will assist the Aquatics Director and Aquatics Coordinator with organizing all aspects of the team as well as coordinating with all of the aquatic programs offered by the Northside Independent School District (NISD).
The AAAA-NS Team operates out of two (2) NISD facilities: the George Block Aquatic Center (GBAC) and the Northside Natatorium/Swim Center complex. GBAC has one (1) indoor, 8-lane, 50-m pool that can be configured into two (2) 8-lane, SCY/SCM pools via bulkheads. The Natatorium/Swim Center complex has one (1) outdoor, 8-lane, 50-m pool (twenty-two SCY lanes); one (1) indoor, 8-lane, 50-m pool (twenty-two SCY lanes); and one (1) 25-yd by 25-m outdoor diving well.
Location: North Pleasant Street, Amherst, MA, USA
with University of Massachusetts Amherst
Men’s and Women’s Diving Coach
University of Massachusetts Amherst
This position specifically supports the Department and University’s mission through recruiting, coaching, mentoring, and overseeing the Diving (M/W) Program.
- Oversee and direct all aspects of coaching by providing instructional expertise and direction during practice and game-day events.
- Through team practice, film review and one-on-one instructions, enhance the learning and development of the athlete’s diving (M/W) skills.
- Serve as a teacher and mentor to Diving (M/W) program coaching staff.
- Ensure that proper safety procedures are followed by all student-athletes (all assistant coaches must be certified in CPR and LGT and first aid).
- Work with athletics trainers and physicians as needed to implement team wellness and conditioning programs.
- Provide direction to the Strength and Conditioning coach as to the desired training goals.
- Utilize coaching expertise in creating a winning athletic program for UMass.
- Oversee and implement all aspects of the recruiting process.
- Identify prospective student-athletes through scouting athletic events, film review, developing industry contacts, and analysis of various performance indicators.
- Evaluate talents, abilities and character of these prospects to determine their potential to succeed athletically within the Atlantic 10 Conference (A10) and academically at the University of Massachusetts (UMass).
- Engage in communication with the prospects, parents, coaches, or other advisors through extensive travel, written and verbal correspondence with the intentions of attracting these student-athletes to UMass.
- Work with the University’s admissions office and the Department’s compliance office for academic evaluations for meeting UMass, A10 Conference, and NCAA standards.
- Communicate with Compliance Officer to ensure that all NCAA policies are followed.
- Oversee scholarship allocations and scholarship budget management for the Diving (M/W) program.
- Oversee and evaluate Diving (M/W) program staff including assigning areas of responsibility and work assignments.
- Responsible for working with all Athletic Department Offices in processing administrative functions and paperwork related to the Diving (M/W) program.
- Responsible for preparing and managing the Diving (M/W) program budget.
- Based upon scheduling commitments, recruiting demands, and other factors within the program administration, work with the Associate AD for Business with budget preparation, reconciliation, procurement of supplies, and other relevant communications with the business office.
- Responsible for oversight of all travel aspects related to the sports program which includes the driving of athletic vans for practice and competitions as needed.
- Understand current and changing NCAA, A10 Conference, and UMass Compliance Policy and Procedures as they relate to the Diving (M/W) program. Maintain consistent communication with UMass’ compliance staff. Assist in briefing student-athletes and monitoring adherence to above.
- Shall comply fully with the rules, regulations, and policies of the National Collegiate Athletic Association, of the Atlantic 10 Conference, and of the University and its Athletic Department and shall take every reasonable precaution to insure that all members of their staff comply fully with such rules, regulations, and policies.
- Monitor academic progress of program’s student athletes. Understand academic needs, communicate with Academic Support Services, receive progress reports, identify any issues that may occur and provide direction and guidance when necessary.
- Work with the UMass Athletic Foundation in its efforts to build relationships and generate gifts to the Diving (M/W) program alumni funds or other department and University related objectives.
- Coordinate the program’s fundraising activities.
- Work with the Assistant AD for Facilities in the advising, planning, and implementation of pertinent facility management and maintenance for equipment and facilities.
- Responsible for the oversight and scheduling of contests.
- Attends conventions, conferences, and clinics consistent with Department and University policies.
- Serve on department and university committees as assigned.
- Public Relations:
- As a member of a Division I program for UMass, assistant coaches need to represent their school and program in a manner that supports the mission of the University. Speaking engagements, instructional clinics, development efforts, and community relation programs need to reflect a professional and positive impression to the media or general public.
- Work with student-athletes and monitor their adherence to rules and regulations concerning conduct, appearance, and punctuality.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Three years of intercollegiate diving competitive experience or one year of diving coaching required.
- Ability to work weekends and nights.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Diving (M/W) methods and techniques of coaching.
- Working knowledge of rules and regulations governing intercollegiate athletics.
- Ability to foster and maintain working relationships with various athletic publics
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a cover letter; resume; and the names, titles and contact information of three professional references by August 19 for priority consideration. Position may remain open until filled.
To apply, please go to: http://careers.umass.edu/amherst/en-us/job/502222/mens-and-womens-diving-coach
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Location: 2501 Eureka Road, Roseville, CA, USA
with Johnson Ranch Sports Club
Johnson Ranch Sports Club, a Premier Spare Time Club
Job Position Announcement, August 2019: Head Swim Coach
Johnson Ranch Sports Club, a Premier Spare Time Club, is seeking a Head Coach with the primary responsibilities of directing its:
- Recreational Competitive Spring/Summer Swim Team, the Johnson Ranch Barracudas
- Fall/Winter Swim Team, as part of Spare Time Aquatics
General Manager, Johnson Ranch Sports Club
The compensation is dependent on the employee’s experience, scope of position and negotiable
Essential Job Functions
- Head Coach, Johnson Ranch Barracudas
- Employee is tasked with overseeing the day to day operations of the Johnson Ranch Barracudas which shall include organizing and directing practices to develop its youth swimmers at levels, hiring and management of coaching staff, meet preparation and management, administrative duties, building strong relationships with its swimmers and families, working with and partnering with the Board of Directors, and ensuring the execution of the team’s Mission Statement.
- Attends and participates in all Board meetings.
Essential Job Functions cont.
- Site Head Coach, Johnson Ranch Sports Club, Fall/Winter Spare Time Aquatics
- Employee is tasked with overseeing the day to day operations of the Johnson Ranch Sports Club Fall/Winter Spare Time Aquatics program which shall include organizing and directing practices to develop its youth swimmers at levels, hiring and management of coaching staff, meet preparation and management, administrative duties, building strong relationships with its swimmers and families, and creating and building upon an organizational Mission Statement.
- Attends and participates in all Board meetings.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Assistant coach or 2 years’ as a Head Coach
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Registered USA Swimming Coach
- Proven success at executing a plan to develop swimmers of all ages at all skill levels
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship builder
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Experience in management, ability to provide clear direction to employees, and highly organized
- CPR certified.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and clean drivers record
Johnson Ranch Sports Club, a Premier Spare Time Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit your application with a cover letter, resume, and at least three references to Rich Wells, General Manager, Johnson Ranch Sports Club, email address [email protected]
Location: 1600 Washington Ave, Conway, AR, USA
with Hendrix College
- Practice and meet coaching
- On and Off campus recruiting
- Practice and meet scheduling
- Assisting with team travel
- Ensuring compliance with all NCAA, SAA and Hendrix College rules and policies
- Other duties assigned by Head Swimming and Diving Coach
Preference will be given to the candidate with collegiate swimming and/or diving experience and who can demonstrate a proven ability to recruit quality student-athletes that fit the academic profile of the current student body.
Hendrix College strives to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees treat each other with respect, dignity and courtesy. The College adheres to the principle of equal educational and employment opportunity without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or national origin.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Shawn Goicoechea, Assistant Director of Human Resources & Title IX Coordinator 1600 Washington Ave, Conway, AR 72032 501-450-1415 [email protected]
Julie Brown, Director of Academic Success and Section 504 Coordinator, [email protected] (not for applications), 501-505-2954
Location: Spring, TX, USA
with Swim Streamline at Northampton
Swim Streamline at Northampton (SSAN) is seeking qualified applicants for a FULL TIME SENIOR / AGE GROUP COACH. SSAN is a fast growing club in the Spring/Woodlands area of Houston, Gulf Swimming. In our 10th year, with a roster of over 300 athletes, we are seeking an experienced coach to work with our Senior groups and be the lead of an advanced 13-14 group within our team. SSAN is a coach owned program. All team decisions are based on the continued focus of Building the Base through dedication, excellence, and tradition.
- Previous coaching experience required (ASCA level 2 or higher preferred).
- 3 + years of coaching experience.
- Coaching membership in good standing.
- Candidates should have experience that illustrates exceptional communication and motivation skills with children, taking into consideration varied social, emotional, and physical attributes.
- Have an attitude of inclusion and team building.
- Ability to work, train, and instruct multiple practice groups 3:30-7:45 pm every day, and some mornings. Hours will change during holiday breaks & summer schedule to mornings and evenings.
- Assist with Senior groups and be the Lead of advanced 13-14 group.
- Attend swim meets as assigned.
- Strong stroke technique background, patience working with swimmers, and keep swimming fun mentality.
- Strong customer service and decision making skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Must co- work with other Lead Site Coaches, will work independently at their location.
- Knowledge of Hytek Meet Manager, Team Manager, and Team Unify, team administration skills are key.
- Must be energetic, a self starter, and give feedback daily to every swimmer.
- Experience with workout and season planning.
- All current USA Certifications.
Location: YMCA of Montclair, 25 Park Street, Montclair, NJ, USA
with YMCA OF MONTCLAIR
We are seeking a self-motivated candidate to lead a safe, clean and fun environment for staff and patrons. Creates a positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Under the direct supervision of the Association Aquatics Director, the Aquatics Director plans, organizes and supervises day-to-day programs and activities of the YMCA of Montclair Park Street location. The Park Street location currently serves over 500 participants each session in swim lessons. The Aquatics Director will support the program planning and quality standards in compliance with Association standards. The Aquatics Director will work collaboratively with the Aquatics Director at the Geyer Branch to ensure program objectives consistently met across the association. This position should expect to have some time teaching and leading classes as well as ensuring leadership presence during peak times of high swimmer volume and swim lessons.
At the YMCA of Montclair, we strive to be the Employer of Choice, provide World-Class Service and be the Charity of Choice. Our goal is to be a place where employees are empowered and excited to come to work. All staff ensure that members experience customer centric, individual attention each day. We strive to be the preferred partner collaborating with others, identifying and meeting our community needs.
- Develop the annual operating objective and plans assigned program responsibilities. Monitors the achievement of these objective and exercises appropriate action to assure achievement of the objectives.
- Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives. Administer the budget and exercises necessary controls to assure operations are carried out in a balanced fiscal position.
- Develops and implements new aquatic programs.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives.
- Creates and schedules swim classes, and coordinates pool time for water fitness and swim team practices and meets.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensure records of staff certification are current and complete.
- Responsible for conducting and documenting safety drills, audits and monthly in-service trainings.
- Ensures staff certifications records are current.
- Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools. Secures and schedules pool facilities. Maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
- Conducts lifeguarding, swim instruction, CPR/AED, First Aid and Oxygen trainings.
- Active involvement in the planning and promotion of the Annual Campaign.
- Models relationship building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
- Attends all staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Assist in all other areas as assigned and completes all projects and assignments as assigned by supervisor.
- Mission Advancement
- Operational Effectiveness
- Personal Growth
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent preferred.
- Must be 21 years or older with a minimum of 5 years aquatics management experience.
- Current YMCA or American Red Cross Lifeguarding Instructor
- Current WSI or YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor Certification preferred or obtain trainer status within 6 months of hire.
- Current CPO or POOL (Pool Operator on Location) required within the first 90 days of hire.
- Ability to make sound judgement and decision-making.
- Ability to lead others and to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Ability to communicate effectively-verbally and in written form-with members, staff and volunteers
- Maintain all required certifications (active)
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to frequently perform the following physical activities, swim, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit stand for extended periods, walk, lift and carry up to 50 pounds, and communicate verbally.
- Must maintain lifeguard certification level of physical and mental readiness.
- Must be able to adequately hear noises and distinguish distress signals.
- Must be able to remain alert.
- Adequate ability to hear noises and distinguish distress signals.
- Ability to continuously scan all areas of the pool with clear vision.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical tasks necessary for a water rescue.
- Ability to communicate verbally, including projecting voice across distance in normal and loud situations.
- Ability to work inside and outside (environments include humidity, heat, cold, and inclement weather conditions).
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Morenci Community Center, Burro Alley, Morenci, AZ, USA
with Morenci Community Services (Freeport McMoRan Inc.)
Aquatics Swim Coach – Recreation Center – Morenci, AZ
Date posted 08/01/2019
Freeport-McMoRan is a premier U.S.- based natural resource company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, molybdenum, cobalt, oil and gas. The Company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry and is the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold, oil and gas producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers for our employees. We encourage you to take some time to explore your career opportunities at Freeport-McMoRan.
Under direct supervision, provides direct leadership, instruction and team functions throughout the year and is also responsible for creating and maintaining a clean and safe environment for the swim team participants.
- Assist Aquatic Director in creating thorough, age-appropriate workouts focusing on technique, endurance, stroke development, etc.
- Lead structured practices scheduled throughout the year
- Assist with administrative matters relating to aquatics
- Interaction with a diverse community; engage community and cultivate relationships to create a collaborative environment
- Assist in coordinating and executing swim activities
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe environment for all participants
- Perform other duties as required
Two-plus (2+) years of experience working with the public
Must be able to demonstrate proficiency of swim skills, have a strong foundation in stroke mechanics and be able to communicate effectively with swimmers and public
Enthusiastic, dynamic presence with good communication skills
Certifications including CPR, AED, Basic First Aid certification
Be at least twenty (20) years of age
Ability to swim and demonstrate stroke techniques
Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke techniques
Ability to lift and move equipment and to lift a small to average sized child
Ability to work effectively with aquatics staff, recreational staff and the general public
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions
Requires knowledge in use of MS Office software
High School diploma or GED
Two-plus (2+) years of experience as a competitive swimmer
Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
Must be able to frequently sit, stand and walk
Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 20 pounds) during the course of the work day
Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
Location: 6000 Doughboy Loop, Fort Dix, NJ, USA
with Jersey Storm Swimming (STRM)
JERSEY STORM SWIMMING is seeking a motivated, innovative, and inspirational head coach to continue to grow our team and inspire and improve the performance of our swimmers.
Jersey Storm is a non-profit, year-round, USA Swimming competitive swim team of 80+ swimmers that is managed by a Parent Board of Directors. Our competitive program consists of three levels: Senior, Junior, and Developmental. We also run a year-round pre-team (swim lesson) program. We are located in northern Burlington County, NJ (Middle Atlantic LSC) and our practice facility is on Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst. The team is currently growing and is located in an area with an increasing population.
The Head Coach position is a year-round position requiring 6 day/wk (~3-4hrs/day) coaching plus weekend meets approximately once or twice per month. Additional off-deck time required to fulfill other head coaching duties and responsibilities. The position offers a competitive salary, sick pay, paid time off, and reimbursement for board approved travel and certification/educational fees required for the position.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement year-round and seasonal training plans for all training groups that:
- Inspires, encourages, and motivates each of our swimmers to realize their full potential in the sport of swimming
- Teaches life skills such as self-discipline, self-confidence, good sportsmanship, goal setting, and working to achieve goals
- Manage and monitor assistant coaches and each of the training groups to ensure the teaching of proper stroke technique and implementation of the training plans
- Establish the annual meet schedule, assign coaches to adequately cover the meets, ensure all meet entries are submitted on time
- Oversee the pre-team (swim lesson) program
- Provide opportunities to grow emotionally, socially, and educationally through team building events, consistent training, competition, and travel
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
- Align with Jersey Storm Swimming goals to continue to grow and improve the team while maintaining our great, family friendly atmosphere (the closeness of our swimmers and the solid friendships and camaraderie is something we truly feel sets us apart!)
- Create an educational, safe, & inviting experience for all swimmers
- Initiate, develop & maintain positive relationships with ALL swimmers on the team
- Respond to member questions regarding the team’s programs, policies & procedures
- Assist in enforcing USA Swimming, team & pool policies at all times
- Maintain all swimmer information in Team Unify (e.g., times, attendance, meet entries/results, etc.)
- Attend all Storm hosted meets and team events
- Develop and distribute a monthly team newsletter
- Represent Jersey Storm Swimming positively
- Perform all duties as indicated in the Head Coach Employment Contract
- High School graduate with Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior swim coaching experience and a competitive swimming background
- Knowledge of proper swimming technique, training science, and stroke/distance specific racing background. ASCA Level 1/2 or higher (preferred)
- Experience planning workouts, season plan, meet plan, and meet entries for individual swimmers.
- Detail oriented with extraordinary leadership, communication, and organization skills
- Positive, patient, with an outgoing personality
- Experience using Team Unify (preferred)
- Proficiency with MS Office software applications (preferred)
- Certified coaching member of USA Swimming
- ASCA Level 1/2 certification or higher (preferred)
Location: Malibu High School, Morning View Drive, Malibu, CA, USA
with Malibu Seawolves
Malibu Seawolves Swimming (MSS) is looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Head Coach who will continue to grow the program, foster athlete development, and create a positive and productive training environment. We are a 501c(3) program with a supportive board located in Malibu, California. We operate out of the Malibu High School pool, located directly across Pacific Coast HWY from Zuma Beach. We are a small sized swim team, part of Southern California Swimming’s Coastal Committee. Please visit www.malibuseawolves.com to find out more about our team.
The selected applicant will be responsible for daily operations of the year-round competitive swim program and report to the Board.
- Developing the club’s mission and vision.
- Hire, supervise, educate and mentor all assistant coaches. Ensure all coaches are up to date with certifications.
- Attend Coastal Committee (Southern California & USA Swimming) meetings on behalf of our program
- Design and oversee seasonal training for all groups.
- Coach swimmers. Expected on deck presence 6 days a week for three hours per day.
- Direct monthly staff meetings.
- Set workout schedules.
- Determine workout group for each athlete and update group requirements/progression as needed.
- Arrange and oversee tryouts for all new swimmers.
- Be able and willing to work with all ages and levels.
- Track hours worked by assistant coaches.
- Maintain roster on TeamUnify.
- Ensure all swimmers are registered with USA swimming.
- Order team apparel and equipment.
- Conduct swimmer appraisals quarterly.
- Maintain swimmers attendance at workouts.
- Set team meet schedule for all groups and obtain approval from the Board.
- Staff scheduled meets.
- Attend meets.
- Meet entry submission and payment in accordance with meet deadlines.
- Process monthly billing (through TeamUnify) including meet fees and other miscellaneous charges.
- Make travel plans and travel arrangements as needed.
- Act as Meet Coordinator (communicate with host teams/admin and swimmers prior to meets, organize meet recap after).
- Upload meet results to TeamUnify.
- Establish and maintain regular and timely communication with swimmers, parents, coaches and board members (via TeamUnify).
- Oversee team website, Instagram and Facebook account.
- Assist in marketing the swim team and act as media liaison.
- Provide a monthly program report to Board.
- Hold periodic parent meetings to educate and inform parents.
- Assist and support all fundraising activities.
- Prior experience as a Head Coach preferred.
- Prospective employees must be USA-Swimming registered swim coach and able to pass USA-Swimming background check and USA-Swimming Athlete Protection Program.
- Proficient in TeamUnify.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with all levels of athletes, parents, Board and outside personnel.
- Good team management skills, highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Up-to-date understanding of coaching techniques through research and continuing education.
- Track record of swimmer retention, recruitment and development at all levels.
- Bachelor’s degree and college swimming experience preferred.
- Minimum of 3 references.
Full-time, competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Includes 1 week Spring Break, 2 weeks Summer Break and 1 week Winter Break and all Malibu City recognized Holidays.
Sick time is accrued in accordance with CA Labor Law.
Start date August 26, 2019 (flexible depending on applicant responsibilities).