Applications due 10/13/23
Date posted: August 23, 2023
Location: 450 S Easton Rd, Glenside, PA, USA
Job Description: Arcadia is searching for 1 to 3 candidates to fill temporary, part-time Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach positions. The positions are for the 2023-24 swim season from August through March with a possible opportunity to extend. The person in this position will be involved in many aspects of the sport program, including, but not limited to, practice planning, meet preparation/scouting, in-meet coaching, recruiting, administrative work, and general supervision of student-athletes.
- Conducts training sessions to aid in the skill development of team members while keeping informed of contemporary trends, tactics, techniques and strategies within the sport
- Assists with meet-day preparation by scouting opponents and provides in-game support to the head coach
- Recruits and retains qualified student-athletes
- Serves as a role model for team members with regards to personal and professional conduct by enforcing department and team expectations regarding general standard of behavior for student-athletes.
- Monitors physical and mental health and well-being of team members, while working with professional staff to support the development and recovery of student-athletes.
- Supports head coach in managing essential team functions, including scheduling of contests, academic monitoring, eligibility tracking, transportation, and supply purchases.
- Contributes to the overall success of the Athletics Department by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Responsibilities may include event management, facility supervision, assigned administrative tasks, committee work, or representing the Athletics Department at conferences/meetings.
- Associate’s degree from accredited college or university is required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Combination of degree completion and professional work experience will be considered in absence of associate’s degree.
- Collegiate swimming experience strongly preferred.
- Previous coaching experience at the collegiate, high school, and/or club level preferred.
- Demonstrated success in scouting, talent assessment, and recruitment of qualified student-athletes.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills, whether dealing with individuals or groups, and an ability to work well with different constituents.
- Strong initiative, detail, and follow-up skills with student-athletes, staff members, and administration.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to set and achieve or exceed goals and meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn and apply University policies and procedures to ensure operational compliance and reliable judgment.
- General computer knowledge with a proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Experience with Front Rush or similar recruiting software preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel for both meets and recruiting expected.
- Evening and weekend availability is required.
- Flexibility with an evolving work environment is important.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to successfully complete a background check, motor vehicle check, and drug test.
- Current CPR, AED, and first aid certifications required. Training and recertification can be provided if necessary.
- Compliance with NCAA Division III rules and regulations required.
- Compliance with athletic conference rules and regulations required.
- Ability to demonstrate and teach sport-specific skills required.
- Ability to move about campus and other locations.
- Physical ability to include standing and/or walking for long periods, bending, kneeling and stooping, manual dexterity, and ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
Supervision Received: Position reports to the Head Coach. Given: Supervises student-athletes and team managers.
- Please provide your resume, cover letter and 3 professional references.
- Applications must be submitted online through Arcadia’s Human Resources portal to receive full consideration. Please do not email application materials to the hiring manager. Due to the volume of applications received, communication will generally be limited to candidates selected for additional consideration.
- Application review will begin immediately. Posting will be removed from the website once we’ve established a sufficient talent pool for consideration.
Arcadia University is a top-ranked private University in Greater Philadelphia that provides a values-based educational experience by placing students at the center. The Institute of International Education has ranked Arcadia first nationally in study abroad for 10 of the last 13 years, and the Princeton Review has ranked Arcadia among the “Best in the Northeast” for eight consecutive years. The University’s Physical Therapy and Physician Assistant programs are nationally ranked in their respective categories by U.S. News & World Report, which cites Arcadia for being among the top study abroad programs and among the “most innovative,” and “best value” colleges. Arcadia promises a distinctively global, integrative, and personal learning experience that prepares students to contribute and lead in a diverse and dynamic world. Through its community of practice and commitment to Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) and to combating anti-Black Racism, Arcadia has made facilitating a safe and welcoming environment a priority. Learn more about our vibrant community at www.arcadia.edu.
Our belief and experience is that there is strength in diversity and we are committed to building a welcoming and inclusive environment for students and employees alike. We are a community built on varied experiences and perspectives that beneﬁts from open-minded discussion and cultural humility. Guided by our University’s values, we are committed to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion, and we are working towards dismantling anti-Black racism/white supremacy and other forms of interpersonal and systemic discrimination and oppression.
We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our community. The successful candidate will demonstrate examples of ways they will incorporate our values. in their work.
At Arcadia University, our JEDI principles (Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion) are the foundation of our highly regarded, values-based learning community, which reflects the world in which we want to live. As such, Arcadia actively seeks and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds and abilities. Arcadia prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, age, gender identity, military or military veteran status, disability, family medical or genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. All offers of employment are conditional based on the successful completion of a background check. Employment may not begin until the University accepts the results of the background check.
How to Apply
450 S Easton Rd