Date posted: March 17, 2021
Location: 40A Lenders Close West Bay Grand Cayman Islands Ky1401 P.O. Box 4 Hell West Bay Grand Cayman Ky11401
with The Swim School Ltd
The Swim School is looking for a motivated, fun friendly swimming teacher that loves to teach
swimming and has 3 to 5 years teaching experience with babies to adults and loves working
outside on a sunny happy island which is Covic-19 free!! (NO masks!!)
The swim school is a small mobile swim school in sunny Grand Cayman Islands and been in
business over 14yrs teaching swimming all ages and abilities in small group classes or private
5.5 Days per week 6-10 classes per day. Monday to Thursday we can start at 8:00am and end
at 6:00pm. There is always free time in the middle of the day, 1-4 hours depending on the
swimming schedule. Fridays is our half day starting at 1:00pm and ending at 6:00pm. Saturday
and Sunday are our busy days, we start at 8:00am and end at 4:30pm. Wednesday is your day
off. The swim classes are 30 minutes in duration and consists of small groups 2-6 Swimmers or
private classes which have 1 swimmer.
Ability to work independent and work in part of a team.
swimmers and parents and other Swimming teachers.
Driving to private residences around the
island. (Car provided)
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED:
Swimming Teacher Certificate.
First-aid training and CPR up to date for babies/adults. 3-5 years
teaching experience with all ages and abilities.
Clean and current Drivers license.
Clean police record.
English speaking with Strong leadership and organizational skills.
solving and ability to communicate and maintain positive relationship with swimmers and
2,300 KYD (Tax Free) for 3 months’ probation period then there is a performance- based
increase in salary and commission starts. The Swim School pays ½ medical insurance and after 9
months pension contribution.
Permit is required to work in the Grand Cayman Islands which The Swim School will apply before you enter Grand Cayman Islands.
Date posted: March 16, 2021
Location: 4 Community Rd, Marblehead, MA, USA
with JCC of the North Shore
Hours: Full Time Hours, Occasional Weekend Swim Meets
Supervisor: Head Swim Coach / Aquatics Director & Swim Lesson Manager
FLSA status: Exempt
Rate: $35,000-$40,000, + Private Lessons $30 per hour / Semi Private Lessons $40 per hour
The JCCNS Sea Serpents is a young, fast growing year-round team with approximately 100 swimmers, which includes a Pre-Team, Special Olympics Practice Group, and a summer league team. We compete in both USA swimming and in dual meets throughout the year. These past few seasons we had multiple top ten swimmers, two zone qualifiers, and two Sectional Qualifiers. Our Swim Lessons, J Swim Academy runs a robust swim lesson program, combining the best of Swim America and Red Cross. Lessons run 7 days a week and include group lessons, adult lessons, private group, and private / semi private lessons.
- Experience as a competitive swimmer
- Experience working with kids ranging in age from 6 to 18
- Knowledge of proper stroke technique and progressions
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Organized and attention to detail
- USA Swimming Coach Certification or willing to obtain before first swim meet
- CPR/AED & Lifeguard Certified
- Prior experience coaching and/or teaching swimming
- Willing to train the right candidate
Position Details Head Age Group Coach:
This position will be responsible for overseeing in conjunction with the Head Coach our 12&under Age Group practice groups as well as assisting with our Pre Senior and Senior Groups. Planning practices and attending weekend swim meets when assigned.
- Write and plan practices in conjunction with the Head Coach for all 12&Under Age Group practices
- Alongside the Head Coach assist our Developmental Coaches with practice planning
- Act as Lead Coach for two practice groups and assist with the Senior Groups
- Occasionally Assist Head Coach with Swim Team Admin.
- Act as a role model with professionalism and integrity at all times
- Continue to improve teaching and coaching skills
- Attend weekend USA and Dual meets home and away when assigned
Position Details Aquatics Admin.:
Ensure all phone calls and emails to the Swim Lesson Department are answered in a timely manner. Work with the Aquatics Manager to book all swim lessons, rentals and birthday parties. Respond to all Aquatics emails or phone calls in a timely manner. Complete bi weekly payroll for the entire department.
- Work with the Aquatics Manager to book all Private, Semi and Create a Class swim lessons
- Assist the Aquatics Manager in swim instructor or event staff scheduling
- Work with the Aquatics Manager to assist in booking all rental groups and birthday parties
- Ensure all parents are contacted appropriately when the pool is closed unexpectedly
- Maintain the Swim Lesson Facebook Page with assistance from the Aquatics Manager
- Contact all Swimmers on class waitlists and work with Aquatics Manager to open classes appropriately
- Assist is the acquisition of new swim lessons participants and instructors
- Register participants for swim lessons directly when possible
- Complete bi weekly payroll for the entire department
Lifeguard / Group Swim Lessons Required Hours:
This position is also required to perform a minimum of 15 hours of direct service as a Lifeguard and/or Group Swim Instructor, as part of the salary. Private and Semi Private Lessons are an additional income opportunity not included in these hours.
Come join a great group of people to work with.
Date posted: March 16, 2021
Location: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
with Mavericks Swim Association
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Membership in USA Swimming and successful completion of all required certifications
- Plan and schedule all MAVS programs; develop curriculum, schedule and staffing plan for all routine practice sessions
- Attend in coach capacity and manage all staff during all practice sessions
- Participate in staff recruitment and evaluation activities
- Evaluate programs seasonally and report back to the MAVS Board of Directors with recommendations on new or expanding business ideas
- Make recommendations on training (seminars, conventions, workshops, and other extended learning opportunities) for MAVS coaches and lifeguards
- Complete an accurate and timely monthly timesheet
- Attend all swim meets in which MAVS swimmers are participating in
- Communicate with MAVS Board, parents, and swimmers in a courteous and timely manner during on deck hours when appropriate, by phone, and/or by email
- Report planned and unplanned absences to the MAVS Board and coaching staff and ensure that proper coaching coverage is provided for all practices and/or swim meets
- Ensure that accurate daily attendance records for all MAVS groups are maintained
- Supervise swimmers in accordance with Board guidelines regarding travel procedures and Code of Conduct, as outlined in the “Mavericks Swim Association” (MAV) Handbook
- Manage communication; web site, and meet information.EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years coaching experience as head or assistant coach
- ASCA Level 2 Certification or higher
- Member of ASCA and USA Swimming
- Competitive swimming experience required
- Experience with swim meet and team management software: Team Unify
- Current CPR for the professional Rescuer, AED and First Aid certifications
- Current Oxygen Administration certification
- Current Lifeguard certification
- Current WSI or YSI
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches certification
Date posted: March 16, 2021
Location: 279th Ave, Draper, SD 57531, USA
with Augustana University
Assistant Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving Coach
About Augustana University:
Augustana University is located in the growing and vibrant city of Sioux Falls, SD with a metro area of over 265,000 people. Augustana University has, for more than 150 years, provide a strong student-centric education based on its five core values: Christian Faith, Liberal Arts, Excellence, Community and Service. Currently with 21 NCAA Division II sports programs, Augustana Athletics is focused on building champions in the classroom, in competition and in the community, highlighted by three team national championships over the last five seasons. Ranking in the Top 20 of the NCAA Learfield Directors’ Cup nine of the past ten years, Augustana is currently implanting its’ new strategic plan, Viking Bold: The Journey to 2030, including a goal of transitioning to NCAA Division 1 Intercollegiate Athletics.
Augustana University (SD) is seeking qualified applicants for an Assistant Coach for Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving.
- Assist Head Coach in day to day program administration
- Recruiting Coordinator – lead recruiter and work with head coach to recruit and award scholarships to student-athletes
- Assist in fundraising to support the program
- Lead coach of the sprint group and assist in on deck coaching of other training groups
- Support, abide and enforce all academic guidelines and policies of the university, athletics department and swimming program to insure academic progress of student-athletes.
- Support and work cooperatively with Sports Medicine/Athletic Training, Strength & Conditioning, Equipment, Student Development, NCAA Compliance and Media Relations areas in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Abide by all written policies, procedures and guidelines of Augustana University and the Department of Athletics.
- Attend all staff and departmental meetings as scheduled.
- Work with Head Coach to manage budget.
- Assist in hiring and supervising Graduate Assistants.
- Manage Team Travel.
- Represent the institution and department in a positive and professional manner.
- Activate and track community service projects by team.
- Teach one swimming course in the Spring Semester.
- Other duties as assigned to help build the brand and promote Augustana Athletics.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Preference will be given to those with college coaching experience.
- Understanding of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Must be able to work varying hours which may include days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Previous coaching experience in a collegiate level program.
- Former student-athlete
- Experience in recruiting qualified student-athletes.
Candidates with a deep appreciation of and respect for academic values and culture as well as a demonstrated ability to create meaningful working relationships with students, faculty, and leadership with diverse backgrounds and points of view will be given priority consideration.
Augustana University will continue to monitor concerns related to COVID-19 and its variants in the months to come, and we expect to provide all, or nearly all, of our instruction in face-to-face labs and classes beginning in the fall of 2021. Applicants for faculty and staff positions should thus be prepared to participate fully in on-campus, face-to-face experiences in the coming academic year.
Augustana University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Title IX Employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain a talented and diverse workforce. Augustana University is committed to excellence through diversity and strongly encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community. Submission of official transcripts may be required upon employment. Finalist candidates must satisfactorily complete a pre-employment background check.
Date posted: March 16, 2021
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA
with MSA SWIM
Age Group Coach- 10 and Under
MECKLENBURG SWIM ASSOCIATION
Mecklenburg Swim Association (MSA Swim) in the Charlotte, NC area is looking for a coach to assist in our Age Group and Developmental Programs coaching primarily 10 and Under swimmers. More information on the team can be found at msaswim.com
MSA current has 900+ year-round swimmers on the team ranging from 6-18 years old, with novice swimmers to Senior National/Olympic Trial qualifiers. MSA has 4 sites in the Charlotte area and is hiring new Assistant Age Group Coach.
Responsibilities of this position include coaching, assisting in dryland, as well as administrative duties related to the group and overall team operations. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree, experience with swimming as a coach or athlete, excellent organization and communication skills, and a desire to study and progress as a coach and a professional. Must be great with the 10 and Under level swimmer. Ability to teach, motivate, and most importantly have fun!
Candidate should have ASCA level two coaching certification, or ability to obtain quickly. This is a great opportunity with a competitive salary ($35k-$40k) with bonus opportunity, paid vacations, healthcare assistance, and retirement plan. Position to begin immediately.
Date posted: March 15, 2021
Location: 1 University Ave, Davis, CA, USA
with University of California Davis
Under the general direction of a member of the senior administrative staff, responsible for all aspects of an NCAA Division I women’s swim and dive program including student recruitment, scheduling, team travel, practice planning, budget management, selection and supervision of assistant coaches, administration of summer camps and clinics, and administration of the women’s swim and dive program in full compliance with NCAA, conference, and university rules and regulations.
•Teach technical aspects of women’s swimming that may include techniques that are sport specific or general in nature.
•Teach those strategies that are related to women’s swimming at the collegiate level of competition.
•Schedule meets and travel arrangements for an NCAA Division I women’s swim and dive team.
•Responsible for pre-season, regular season and permissible out of season practices and training programs.
•Prepare effective training plans to maximize athlete performance, develop and communicate adjustments of plans as needed during season and meets, and ensure plans are consistent with the skills and abilities of student- athletes.
•Order sport specific equipment and apparel.
•Select and supervise all full-time, part-time, and volunteer coaches.
•Enforce policies relative to adherence of academic expectations of student- athletes.
•Provide advising and guidance for academic endeavors of student athletes in conjunction with the Student-Athlete Outcomes Advising Office.
•Coordinate squad lists and eligibility forms with the Compliance Office.
•Ensure that every participating player is enrolled in at least 12 units of credit each quarter and completing an average of 13 units per quarter, maintains an overall GPA of at least 2.0, and makes normal progress towards graduation.
•Travel to away competitions as designated and supervision of travel group.
•Schedule and plan meetings and attend ICA coaches’ meetings as designated by the Athletics Director.
•Attend appropriate NCAA rules education sessions, including an annual meeting with the Senior Associate Athletics Director for Compliance to review NCAA compliance responsibilities and legislative updates (periodic/regular attendance at on-campus monthly meetings, Conference meetings, and as necessary attend NCAA regional rules seminars).
•Contact the Senior Associate Athletics Director for Compliance with any NCAA rules or questions, in a timely manner.
•Report potential NCAA rules violations to the Senior Associate
•Athletics Director of Compliance (or other specified individual), in a timely manner and cooperate with and furnish the NCAA, conference and UC Davis with truthful and complete information concerning involvement in or knowledge of NCAA violations.
•Recruit high school and junior college students to attend UC Davis to participate in the intercollegiate athletics program as a student-athlete; duties may include telephone calls, electronic correspondence, use of social media, letter writing, home visits, visiting high schools and junior colleges, attending games and tournaments, etc.
•Analyze team personnel needs on an on-going basis in order to establish a multi-year recruiting plan with specific objectives that encompass the program’s financial resources.
•Recruit in concert with campus established admissions policies and academic expectations.
15% DEVELOPMENT AND COMMUNITY SERVICE
•Participate in an extensive UCD campus and community outreach program.
•Supervise fundraising and special project activities in order to meet annual funding goals to support the operating budget and capital projects as needed
Date posted: March 12, 2021
Location: Naperville, IL, USA
with Fox Valley Swim Team
Job Posting: Associate Head Coach
Application Deadline: March 26, 2021
Applications will be reviewed as submitted
Fox Valley Swim Team (“FOX”), located in Naperville, Illinois, seeks a full-time Associate Head Coach. www.foxswimteam.com
FOX is a competitive club swim team serving approximately 200+ swimmers (anticipated to return to 400+ post covid) ages six through college. FOX is recognized for swimmers competing at national and international events, including having US Olympic Trials qualifiers, Senior and Junior National swimmers, and age group champions.
Prior to covid, FOX trains at two high school pools (Neuqua Valley and Waubonsie Valley) and hosts several meets each year. The team has been continuously training at alternate sites temporarily during covid.
FOX is a non-profit overseen by an elected board of directors. The associate head coach is supported by the head coach, a team administrator, lead age group coaches, assistant coaches from development program through Elite Senior level, and parent volunteers.
Naperville is located 40 miles west of Chicago with approximately 148,000 residents and is recognized nationally and internationally as a top community in which to live.
The Associate Head Coach will work with and under the direction of the Head Coach.
- Work with the Head Coach to lead our team’s mission to fully develop each individual’s ability to realize his/her goals through quality year-round training, while developing well-rounded student athletes, encouraging team spirit and sportsmanship, and fostering a life-long passion for the sport of swimming.
- Maintain and increase overall club participation, and consistently qualify swimmers at the highest levels of competition.
- Ensure full compliance with all USA Swimming policies.
- Foster a culture of team unity and strength among parents, swimmers and staff.
- Act at all times with integrity and as a positive representative of FOX to the membership and the community at large.
- Work with Head Coach to create full season training plans for stroke technique progression, dryland progression, training progression and taper strategies for all levels and effectively communicate to swimmers and coaches
- Train, develop and mentor Lead and Assistant coaches to ensure a reliable, cohesive and positive coaching environment with an emphasis on teamwork and personal growth
- Assist Head Coach with coach scheduling and recruiting, as required to ensure continuity and coaching quality
- Attend any meet sessions and team events as assigned.
- Keep an up-to-date database for all practice groups as assigned.
- Provide a stable, professional, and positive environment for the athletes of FOX.
- Develop annual and quadrennial plans with the Head Coach.
- Design and schedule parent education courses.
- Establish in-house Coach and Athlete Education Opportunities
- Provide assistance during fall and spring team tryouts.
- Effective communication with parents and swimmers of objectives and goals for athletes.
- Member in good standing of USA Swimming and current on all certifications
- Outstanding leadership and motivational skills with a strong sense of personal integrity
- A passion for the sport and thorough mastery of swim stroke mechanics and current coaching techniques
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communicator both verbally and in writing
- Experience running Team Unify, Team Manager, and Meet Manager (preferred)
- Good collaborator with ability to delegate efficiently
Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Date posted: March 11, 2021
Location: 2 Sea Island Cotton Road, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
with Carib Swim Team
Carib Swim Team, located in Cole Bay, Sint Maarten, Dutch West Indies, is seeking experienced swim instructors / coaches to work with our Learn-To-Swim, Competitive Youth Swim Team, and Adult Programs.
The following experiences and skills are preferable:
- Having worked with children in an aquatics medium.
- Having worked with adults in an aquatics medium (in order to work with our Adult Programs).
- Having a background in competitive swimming, or coaching competitive swimming (in order to work with our Competitive Swim Team).
- The ability to speak French is desirable, but not necessary.
- Candidates must be able to effectively communicate with children, as well as parents.
- Candidates must have a cheerful demeanor and high-quality engagement while working.
Note that this position (or positions) is part time, and is paid hourly or per lesson. Hours/remuneration can be increased by teaching private lessons.
Carib Swim Team is the largest and most successful swimming program in Sint Maarten/Saint Martin, and we run our own 25M x 6 lane pool. Carib Swim Team uses the Dutch diploma system ‘Swim ABC’. We will teach this in-house. Also, CPR and First Aid certifications are desirable. If you aren’t currently certified, we will provide this as well.
Sint Maarten, Dutch West Indies, is a beautiful island in the Caribbean, and the greatness doesn’t end with our beautiful year-round weather and scenic beaches!
Date posted: March 9, 2021
Location: 2801 South University Avenue, Little Rock, AR, USA
with Little Rock Trojans
JOB DESCRIPTION: The University of Arkansas at Little Rock (Division I) is seeking a Graduate Assistant for Women’s Swimming & Diving. The successful candidate will assist in all aspects of the program, including (but not limited to) coaching, recruiting, training, coordinating team travel, assisting with administrative duties, monitoring academic progress, and performing other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
Strong organizational and communication skills are expected. Candidates must possess enthusiasm for coaching and the sport of swimming, and be a highly motivated team player. The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with high ethical standards and exhibit a strict adherence to NCAA, Conference, University, and departmental rules and regulations.
Essential Functions: •Assist with the development of practice materials and lead practice accordingly under the direction of the head coach. •Assist with travel plans, planning and coordinating program events, as well as home meets. •Work closely with staff on promoting, supporting, and growing the team & athletic department mission and vision. •Provide leadership to facilitate academic and personal success for the team’s student-athletes. •Assist with other duties as assigned by the head coach.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: • Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution • Acceptance into UA Little Rock graduate school • Evidence of sound organizational skills • Ability to interact effectively with students, student-athletes, colleagues, and the public • Strong written and verbal communication skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: • Previous experience as USA Swimming coach, volunteer assistant for NCAA Swimming team, or equivalent position • Interested in pursuing a career in collegiate athletics • Experience and proficiency with recruiting software, Google Drive and Hy-Tek software
SALARY: $10,000 stipend, tuition, books, & fees for fall/spring semesters
Date posted: March 9, 2021
Location: 1350 King College Rd, Bristol, TN, USA
with King University Swim Team
Assist the head coach in all aspects of running the swimming program. This includes but is not limited to on deck coaching and writing workouts, recruiting, helping with logistics for swim meets and team events. Applicant must have a desire to help mentor and work with the swimmers on a daily basis, be a hard worker and take initiative where appropriate. Our GA’s commitment to the program and the demands of the job are an integral part of our success. Our GA’s from the past continue to keep in touch with our student athletes and have had a great experience during their time here at King. Full cost of tuition is covered. Paid 20 hours per week plus a meal plan.
Date posted: March 9, 2021
Location: Bellingham, WA, USA
with Bellingham Bay Swim Team
Bellingham Bay Swim Team Head Age Group Coach
Bellingham Bay Swim Team has an immediate opening for an enthusiastic, motivated, highly skilled and energetic Head Age Group Coach.
Title: BBST Head Age Group Coach
Reports to: BBST Head Coach
Position Status: Full-time – Exempt
Mission: BBST provides a safe, inclusive, and growth focused environment for all teammates. BBST promotes excellence through consistency, camaraderie, and trust. Members will learn lifelong skills to succeed with confidence in a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
Vision: BBST will be a successful example nationally of culture, competitiveness, and consistency. BBST will support all teammates in their pursuit to accomplish team and individual goals.
We are seeking a Head Age Group Coach to help lead our competitive swim team into the bright future in store. BBST is a USA Swimming affiliated team with a 25-year history. We currently have 110 swimmers in six progressive training groups: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Junior, & Senior A/B that train year-round with a staff of 4 certified coaches. These groups are designed to provide athletes with a growth focused team atmosphere where swimmers train together with an emphasis on TEAM in a competitive setting.
- Establish an environment that fosters positive team attitudes and teaches self-discipline, sportsmanship and responsibility. Enthusiastically lead engaging team atmosphere that swimmers love to attend.
- Develop and implement seasonal and long term plans for the progression of our age group program and develops innovative techniques that demonstrate success and improvement.
- Develop and implement team and individual goals with the swimmers and the Head Coach, and monitor the progression of the athletes and team in reaching these goals.
- Design swimming and dryland curriculums for all BBST roster levels to promote stroke development and physical conditioning appropriate for the athletes’ current level of fitness and development, while maintaining an appropriate level of challenge necessary to produce improvement in and progression through the program.
- Provide social/emotional support for athletes and differentiated programming to meet each athlete’s needs.
- Work with the head coach to ensure club mission, vision and values are achieved.
- Demonstrate a cooperative, prompt, and respectful communication style with swimmers, parents, community members, and members of the staff.
- Effectively supervise and delegate responsibilities for assistant age group coaches.
- Practice continuous improvement and professional development for self under the direction of the head coach.
- Support all aspects of daily club operation in support of the swimmers, membership, and team mission and values. Strong organizational skills are needed.
- Communicate with other teams and/or PNS regarding meet participation and entries.
- Maintain and update website information regarding practice schedules, meet entries, news, etc.
- Various administrative functions as needed.
- Act as a team representative while attending LSC meetings.
- Maintain professional standard of safety, appearance and readiness.
- Facilitate and participate in club fundraisers.
- Must be CPR/AED certified and maintain current coaching certification.
- Strong record and knowledge in modern swimming technique.
- Effective leadership and communication skills among swimmers, parents, and coaches.
- Experience coaching various ages and skill levels in a competitive environment, and managing 20-25 swimmers in a group appropriately.
- Experience with TeamUnify and HyTek.
- Ability to set and achieve individual and team goals and encourage others to do the same.
This is a year round, salaried position with opportunity for performance and fundraising based incentives. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience, beginning range of $37,500 and up.
Date posted: March 9, 2021
Location: Raleigh, NC, USA
with Marlins Of Raleigh Swim Team
The Marlins Of Raleigh Swim Team is seeking a full time lead coach for our AG 1 and AG 3 Black groups at our Raleigh Site..
MOR is a USA Swimming Gold Medal club the past 5 years with 650 swimmers. The Raleigh Area is a hot spot for swimming with a summer league of over 85 teams and 11,000 swimmers from which to draw. Raleigh is rated annually as one of the best places to live in the US and also has a highly rated music scene.
REPORTS TO: Head Coach and Raleigh Head Age Group coach
SALARY: Commensurate with coaching experience. Retirement match program of up to 3% of salary after 1 year subject to the terms and conditions of the plan.
Education: College graduate preferred.
Experience: 1-2+ years coaching experience.
Eligibility: Must currently reside in the United States
JOB GOAL: To align with the policy and procedures set forth by the Marlins Of Raleigh Swim Team and to lead the AG 3 Black Group (9-12 year old developmental swimmers) and AG 1 (8-under swimmers) practice groups in developing age group athletes to make an uncompromised commitment to striving to be the best that they can be.
CPR/AED, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, APT, Background check and in good standing with USA Swimming. Proficient in use of Team Unify and/or Team Manager
Abides by applicable USA Swimming Codes of Conduct and Safe Sport Requirements
Pass USA Swimming background screen and reference check
ASCA Level 2 preferred
Embrace MOR culture and take initiative
Passion for coaching and working with young age group athletes
Comprehension of stroke technique fundamentals
Basic understanding of dryland training for developmental athletes
Plan, prepare, and conduct group practices in accordance with MOR group goals
Provide accurate attendance records and post meet evaluations
Assist with set up & tear down of all MOR hosted meets
Run MOR clinic programs
Recruit swimmers from summer league by attending summer league meets and conducting clinics
Attend weekly staff meetings
Commit to continued coaching education
Arrival at practice and meets at minimum 15 min prior to arrival of athletes
Will require afternoon, evening and weekend hours
Communicate all actions regularly between
Excellent email communication to parents with timely response (within 24 hours)
Continually assess goals with athletes and communicate to parents in a patient and respectable manner
Model proper dress, language, demeanor and sportsmanship for the athletes
Create an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants
Date posted: March 9, 2021
Location: 735 South Stephens Street, Southern Pines, NC, USA
with Sandhills Sandsharks Swim Team
Head Swim Coach
The Sandhills Sandsharks Swim Team, located in the Southern Pines/Pinehurst area of North Carolina, one hour south of Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill, is accepting applications for the position of Head Coach. The club is a small team established over 35 years ago with approximately 60+ athletes. SSS hosts two Open Water meets each year.
- Oversee all aspects of running USA team and aquatics programs (lessons, summer league, masters)
- Coach older squads 6 days a week. Adhere to SSS’s philosophy of developing leadership and long term goals.
- Hire, oversee, assist with and train Age Group coaches to ensure seamless transitions between squads.
- Hire and oversee Lessons/Summer League coordinator.
- Facilitate goal setting for whole squad and individuals.
- Possess a positive, encouraging and energetic attitude towards all swimmers.
- Possess the strong communication skills required for working with parents, swimmers, the Sandsharks Board, and Town of Southern Pines.
- Take senior squad swimmers to LSC, Zone, and higher level meets.
- Manage Town of Southern Pines Pool for SSS programming Sept-May: National CPO required.
- Serve as Meet director for 2 NC Open Water meets per year.
- Apply to and stay abreast of USAS recognition and NCS incentive program, Safe Sport certification, Make a Splash program requirements.
- Maintain Facebook/Social media sites
- Communicate weekly with team and respond to all parent communication within 24 hours.
- Oversee/apply for relevant grants to support programming.
- Minimum 4 years of successful competitive swim coaching experience with age group and senior level swimmers. ASCA Level 3.
- Experience with team building skills (running meetings, individual and group goal setting, problem solving).
- Experience with program management and in depth knowledge of Team Unify and HyTek software.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year accredited institution
- Clean driving record, background check and USA Coaching certification.
- National CPO (may be attained after hiring)
- Strong time management and project management skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Vacation time
- Professional education opportunities
Application: Please email resume and a cover letter detailing your coaching philosophy and strengths, along with three references to Edward Hill at [email protected]
Date posted: March 9, 2021
Location: Las Cruces, NM, USA
with New Mexico State Univeristy
|Assists head coach in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team practices, training, and competition. Receives guidance and instruction from Head Coach and/or more senior coaches in general and specific coaching procedures, methods, and techniques. Assists with the design of workout programs and training routines to improve athletic performance. Assists as directed with implementing and supervising athletic training, strength, and conditioning workouts; provides technical support and training to athletes, as appropriate to the sport. Assists Head Coach, as directed, in conducting recruitment of student-athletes in accordance with NCAA rules. Assists head coach in monitoring and assisting student-athletes in academic progress. Assists as appropriate in planning and arranging team travel; may coordinate personnel and equipment transportation and accommodations. May participate in various fundraising, marketing, and promotions activities. May perform administrative duties including ordering and maintaining equipment, monitoring budgets, and initiating correspondence. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Date posted: March 9, 2021
Location: 50 Stone Road West, Guelph, ON, Canada
with The Guelph Marlin Aquatic Club
Director of Age Group and Development Swim Coach
Guelph Marlin Aquatic Club – Guelph, Ontario Canada
Full-Time (1 positions)
Start date: September 1, 2021
The Guelph Marlin Aquatic Club (GMAC) is seeking a Full Time Director of Age Group and Development Swim Coach.
GMAC is a Non Profit swim club that has between 300-600 swimmers across our Learn to Swim, Competitive, Masters and Summer Lifesaving programs registered throughout the year.
The successful candidate will bring an abundance of positive energy and focus to the swimmers in our developmental stream within our Competitive Program, Pre-Competitive Program and our Learn-to-Swim School Program. The Director of Age Group and Development will work collaboratively with the Director of High Performance and the coaching staff to identify and move athletes through their swim career with GMAC by working with the athletes to set and achieve their goals, from Swim School and up into the competitive programs.
This position will consist of on deck coaching, administrative duties, mentoring, strategizing, and planning up to 40 hours per week.
We want to find team members who will foster a collaborative and open environment with all employees, the swim families and the Board of Directors. Candidates must be positive, enthusiastic, hard-working and able to encourage and have positive energy with all athletes in our club. Teaching the fundamentals of proper stroke technique, athletic development, and physical and mental health from an early age through our swim school and into the pre-competitive and competitive programming are key tenets of this role.
The candidate must be willing to work collaboratively towards achieving and guiding all swimmers to their full potential, whether it be Learn-to-Swim, Recreational, Regional, Provincial or National Level swimming.
Director of Age Group and Development Swimming Coach Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute programs geared to newly competitive athletes, Pre-Competitive Programs and Learn to Swim Swim School
- In direct collaboration with the Director of High Performance Swimming Coach and/or the General Manager:
- Further develop & implement an annual comprehensive swimming strategy that identifies the best technical development program to elevate all levels of GMAC swimmers
- Develop/execute/adjust hosted meet schedule and events
- Publish a mentorship program/schedule of all coaches who are direct reports
- Build a well-rounded meet schedule for our athletes and integrate into our own historically established hosted meet schedule
- Recruit and retain coaches to run programs effectively within the annual budget guidelines
- Attend regular staff meetings and contribute to the team
- Conduct yearly reviews of coaches who are direct reports
- Participate in annual planning for upcoming seasons
- Resolve member complaints in a fair and responsible manner utilizing our operating policies as guidance
- Conduct an annual club equipment inventory audit
- Directly coach at least one training group
- Identify, plan, and execute opportunities for growth within swim school
- Populate meet entries, either directly or through coaching staff, in Team Manager based on published timelines
- Engage in continuing education through CSCA, NCCP development, etc.
- Collaborate, develop and execute with the team on developing annual swimmer banquet
- Submit monthly reports to the GMAC Board of Directors
- Participate in all Team Functions
- Adhere to all policies including GMAC, Swim Ontario, Swimming Canada, and all facilities where we participate
In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Be available to coach in the mornings, evenings and weekends throughout the year
- Attend 1-2 weekend meets per month
- Create a fun and inviting learning environment to encourage athlete growth and retention
- Serve as a role model for youth with the ability to demonstrate the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility and have a positive and encouraging nature in a safe environment
- Maintain accurate records for swimmers and their progression
- Establish positive professional relationship with swimmers, parents, community and other coaches
- Provide clear communication with swimmers, parents, coaches, General Manager and board as required
- Contribute to weekly family communication as needed
- Assist to maintain safe social media presence promoting the team
- Minimum NCCP Age Group Coach Certified Level 2 or equivalent
- Must pass all appropriate background checks and Safe Sport Certification
- Current NLS & Standard First Aid
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge and experience of technical and training aspects of competitive swimming
- Strong leadership
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Problem Solving Abilities
- Willingness for continual education
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and in team environment
- Computer savvy