Location: 4701 Wrightsville Ave # B3, Wilmington, NC 28403
with Waves of Wilmington
Waves of Wilmington (WOW) has an immediate opening for a Head Age Group Coach
WOW is located in coastal Wilmington, North Carolina, a city ranked one of the best places in America to live. Located on the North Carolina coast, this mid sized city affords a unique lifestyle with terrific year round weather, tremendous outdoor activities, a diverse population, a growing tech scene, engaging arts, culture and a plethora of amazing restaurants.
WOW is ranked among the top mid sized swimming clubs in the southeast. We have been in operation for over 30 consecutive seasons and compete successfully against the top ranked swimming clubs in the Carolinas. Our head coach is established and well respected in the community and we are proud of our history of sending graduating swimmers to top schools across the country.
We are seeking a Head Age Group Coach for our competitive swim team, who will take on meaningful responsibilities both in:
Be actively involved with orchestrating our social media efforts
Writing our monthly newsletter
Updating and adding content to our website
If you are looking for a role where you can make a huge impact coaching some of our top swimmers and also contribute to our growth outside of the pool, please reach out in confidence with a resume and your salary requirements to [email protected]
Location: 100 Devon Dr, Exton, PA 19341, USA
with YMCA of Greater Brandywine (Lionville Communnity YMCA branch)
Manages the implementation, development and delivery of the Competitive Swim program. Recruits, trains and supports assigned staff and volunteers. Additional responsibilities include hiring and training of staff; curriculum development; budget control; and adhering to all regulatory and Association standards. The Head Swim Coach Director leads the Swim Team in providing a safe environment and provides leadership in expanding Swim Team programming.
- Develop and deliver a high quality, mission focused, YMCA age group competitive swim team program for youth ages 5-18.
- Teach/instruct participants through use of an appropriate curriculum that addresses the skill levels of all participants and assures the program is inclusive and welcoming for all.
- Offer a year round program that includes YMCA short course and long course options as well as a competitive summer league.
- Develop a diverse menu of programs to include stroke, turn and specialized clinics that span all levels of participants.
- Assist in recruitment and retention of program participants.
- Interface and interact with swim team parents to communicate and resolve any concerns that arise.
- Develop and oversee the practice schedule of all levels, attend all meets and support the entire competitive program.
- Create a volunteer workforce to run meets that are consistent with YMCA standards.’Manage and organize participation, registration and logistics of swimmers at all swim meets.
- Follow association guidelines related to budget, travel and meet participation. Refer to budget manual, personnel manual and supervisor for specific clarification as needed.
- Coordinate vacation outside of the competitive season responsibilities.
- Assists with annual campaign activities.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience required
- Competitive Swimming Experience for a minimum of 4 years required
- Current Lifeguard certifications
- Must have at least 2 years of coaching experience with swimmers of all ages
- USA swimming coaches credential
- Ability to demonstrate all swim strokes
- Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff required
- Preferred knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English
- Obtain and maintain all new hire certifications and training within 90 days of hire
Typically, the worker is in an indoor environment, protected from weather conditions but subject to some temperature fluctuations. Assigned projects and events may occur outside throughout the year and will be subject to various weather conditions as needed. Demands include (but are not limited to): Visual acuity, talking, hearing, lifting (up to 40lbs. independently, more than 50lbs. with assistance), walking, stooping, rising, kneeling, crouching, sitting or standing (for sustained periods of time), reaching, pushing, pulling, balancing, climbing, feeling, grasping and other repetitive motions of the hands, fingers and wrists. Detailed definitions of each action are available upon request. Demands may be subject to possible modification upon request to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities as reviewed and approved by the human resources department.
Location: 40, Woodlands Street 41
with SINGAPORE AMERICAN SCHOOL
- Coach developmental and competitive/elite swim teams.
- Assist with the development and implementation of d competitive swim programs.
- Help to coordinate and implement the day-to-day operations of the co-curricular aquatics program.
- Consult as needed with the development of Preschool to Grade 12 aquatics curriculum.
- Assist and maintain records for age groups and ensure proper pool maintenance.
Key candidate qualities:
- Demonstrate and enthusiastically support the School’s Mission and Values of The Eagle Way: Compassion – Fairness – Honesty – Respect – Responsibility
- Familiarity and experience with Long Term Athlete Development model.
- Performs in a manner that reflects positively on Singapore American School.
- Demonstrates a passion for swimming and hands-on ability and willingness to help our student-athletes reach their maximum potential.
- Employs a positive, inclusive communication and coaching style that develops swimmers and leadership skills.
- Establish an environment that fosters positive team attitudes, encourages self-discipline, sportsmanship, leadership, responsibility, and an appreciation for the importance of academics with student-athletes.
- Inspire confidence and build positive relationships between athletes, coaches, and families to foster a culture of inclusion.
- Advise and counsel swimmers who wish to pursue development opportunities and/or collegiate competition, including writing letters of recommendation, if requested.
- Ability to train and mentor the coaching team.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Assist with managing and running swim meets.
- Assist with completing all other projects and duties as assigned by the Aquatics Coordinator.
- Maintain rosters, records, and manage meet entries.
- Support the interest of the Associations (IASAS, ACSIS) as defined by the SAS.
- Participate in Aquatics-related research and development for SAS.
- Assist in the delivery of professional development for Aquatics staff.
- Undertake training as required.
- Coach and assist during holiday camps and clinics as required.
- Travel within Singapore and Internationally may be required.
The above job description is only indicative of the broad set of duties and responsibilities. Distribution of tasks is assigned by the supervisor. Other tasks may be assigned on the job, as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree (or similar), from an accredited college or university, or equivalent professional experience.
- FINA Level 2/ASCA Level 5 or equivalent.
- Must have 5-7 years of aquatics experience with at least 5 years of supervisory/leadership experience or 5 years high level head coaching experience.
- Prior success as a competitive swim coach at the club, high school or collegiate level desired.
- American Red Cross First Aid & CPR or equivalent.
- Able to read, write, and perform basic math and should have strong organizational, budgetary, computer (especially TeamUnify Swim Office, Hytek Meet Manager, video software, and Google Suite) skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
Required SAS Health, Safety, and Safeguarding Protocols:
- Ensure that program areas, equipment, and supplies are maintained in an orderly and safe manner.
- Report any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor or the person responsible for those items at your site.
- Follow all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to managing visitors and guests at our facilities.
- Complete all child abuse prevention training as required.
Location: Victorville, CA, USA
with Desert Aquatics
POSITION FILLED! – Our team is a year round competitive swim team seeking a high quality professional head coach and technique instructor for all ages and abilities. We suddenly lost our head coach and are in search of someone to lead our club. We are Desert Aquatics (DSRT) a group of dedicated swimmers, coaches and parents in the high desert swimming at Silverado HS in Victorville. I realize that many of you aren’t anywhere close to Victorville but please put the word out.
Location: Nashville, TN, USA
Captyn is looking for a remote Growth Specialist who generates leads and meets sales goals. This includes sales presentations and product demonstrations with potential clients all from the comfort of your home.
For success in this role, you must have a willingness to learn the sales process and excellent interpersonal skills. Previous experience in sales is an advantage, but not required. If you have experience registering for classes, camps, teams, memberships, then you can sell Captyn. All you need is a community and network to tap into, and then let Captyn sell itself.
Who We Are:
Captyn is the first mobile software company providing first-class solutions to universities, schools, children’s activities organizations, non-profits, national organizations, retail groups, lessons, clinics, camps, and more. As the only agile registration platform, Captyn is helping small businesses reduce management costs and stress while increasing revenue. Once an organization sees Captyn in action, they are amazed by how easy managing and accepting customers can be. In short, we help small businesses grow!
Who We Are Looking For:
People who have an additional 5-20 hours a week to develop connections and earn extra revenue for their household are excellent candidates. Examples might include (but not limited to) realtors, teachers, coaches, retirees, and stay at home parents looking to make $750 to $3500 from every account you help close with a rich bonus system to earn monthly rewards.
What Are the Responsibilities:
As a remote Captyn Growth Specialist, you connect with leaders and opinion-makers within organizations that could benefit from Captyn, and you show the software in action. Your responsibility is to call or walk into a business you’re familiar with and speak to them about Captyn. The Captyn leadership team equips you to explain the Captyn platform through online demonstrations, and we provide digital and print material that will help spark interest. Finally, once a business is interested in learning more, you go through a simple online presentation with the support of the Captyn leadership team.
What Is the Pay:
Captyn pays the Growth Specialist a monthly recurring commission with no cap to earning their potential. Each closed deal will average between $600 and $3000 each in yearly commission.
What Is the Commission?
For every deal you close you will receive 10% of revenue generated by Captyn. You are immediately paid three of the 10% after the first transaction is processed. Then you will receive monthly payouts equal to 10% of the revenue Captyn generates for that specific month.
Here are some examples:
- For a typical swim school or gymnastic group, your commissions could range from $1,000 to over $3,000 in the course of one year.
- For a typical high-school coach operating a summer camp or small college sports camps, your commissions are typically $300 to $600 over the course of the camp.
- For a larger business like a YMCA, University, or Private School, you could make $5,000 or way more over the course of a year.
- First 90 Days $500 potential bonuses
- On going bonuses based on total deals closed
- Yeti Cups/Coolers, iPads & weekend vacations
What Is the Training Requirement:
There are four training sessions:
- Captyn Software: Enterprise settings
- Captyn Software: Offering Set up (private, group, camps, clinics)
- Captyn User and Admin Experience (on your own)
- Selling Captyn
Location: 590 Rathburn Rd, Etobicoke, ON M9C 3T3, Canada
with Etobicoke Swim Club
*****THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED******
The Etobicoke Swim Club (ESWIM) invites applications for the permanent, full-time position of Head Coach beginning in August 2020. ESWIM has established the premier development program for Age Group swimmers in Canada, as evidenced by our multiple Provincial and National championship titles over many years. We are looking for a candidate who can uphold this tradition of excellence and achievement, one whose experience can augment our collective athletes’ potential for success.
The Etobicoke Swim Club takes pride in its well-deserved reputation for the outstanding quality of our swimmer development program which has trained multiple swimmers to compete at Olympic and Junior Olympic Games, FINA World Championships, Commonwealth Games, Pan Pacific Championships, World SC Championships, Junior World Championships and Junior Pan Pacific Championships. Some notable accomplishments of our program:
- 2 Long Course World Record holders
- 31 Olympians
- 9 Senior National Records
- 300 National Age Group Records, more than any other club in the country
- 65 current National Age Group Records. Four times more than any other Canadian club
- 203 of 292 current Provincial Age Group and Open records
We are seeking a Head Coach who can build on the established culture of our club, continue our tradition of developing internationally competitive athletes, mentor professional colleagues, act as a club ambassador in the community, possess strong technical knowledge, and lead a program that enables all of the club’s swimmers to realize their full potential.
We are looking for an experienced Head Coach who will be a dedicated, strong communicator and a positive motivator with exceptional leadership skills. The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- Demonstrates excellence in developing international-level swimmers
- Has successfully managed and developed a high-performance coaching team
- Promotes team spirit and good sportsmanship both on and off the deck
- Partners with and advises the Board of Directors regarding the development of the Club’s strategic objectives, club policies and governance processes
- Supports and implements Club policies as defined and directed by the Board of Directors, including such policies as they apply to team wear, member discipline, risk management, and fiscal responsibilities
- Holds a Canadian NCCP Level 3 accreditation or equivalent, NLS and First Aid certifications, and can provide a current vulnerable sector screening (VSC Certificate)
The Etobicoke Swim Club aims to provide every swimmer with the opportunity to achieve their best at all levels of competition while inspiring, developing, and creating life-long skills both in and out of the pool. The successful candidate will demonstrate dedication, professionalism and above all else, a commitment to excellence.
A competitive salary will be negotiated based on qualifications and experience. Please submit applications consisting of a cover letter, resumé with references, and statement of coaching philosophy to ESWIM via email at [email protected]. All submissions will be kept in the strictest confidence. Please note that we will only respond to those applications selected for further consideration.
Location: Unnamed Road, Wadawali, Maharashtra 410201, India
with Corvuss American Academy
The Corvuss American Academy International Head Coach, Swim position is a key leadership role for an individual who understands the inner workings of an international boarding school. The successful candidate will embrace the philosophy that Academics and Athletics are of equal importance and that the quality of education provided to students must not be secondary. Academics are a requirement and Athletics are a privilege!
– Must be a Non-Indian National
– Two years’ min. experience coaching at a recognized swim program
– Must have some international experience either as an athlete or coach
– Must be willing to relocate to India and live on campus outside Mumbai
– Committed to the development of student athletes
– Ability to speak with parents both during recruiting and after enrolment
– Development and implementation of curriculum and practice plans is essential
– Understanding the importance of fitness and nutrition is essential
– Team player dedicated to the mission and vision of Corvuss American Academy
– Willing to sign a two-year contract
– Experience with the evaluation of employees ie. Junior/Assistant Coaches
– Experience coaching middle/high school athletes is an asset
– Experience or knowledge of the NCAA/US College network is an asset
– Experience running and organizing residential summer/holiday camps is an asset
– Meets the criteria to obtain an Employment Visa for entry into India
Yearly salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
First year approximate start date: mid-Aug. 2020 – Approximate end date, June 2021
Fully furnished accommodation provided on campus
All meals, 3 per day, provided free of charge on campus in the dining hall 7 days per week
Health Insurance provided at no cost to the employee
Initial flight to India in August 2020
One return flight home per contractual year and at the end of the contract
Registration fees/transportation etc., once in India, at no cost to the employee
Required uniform and sports gear required for the position provided
All travel costs for school sponsored events at no cost to the employee
Location: 1114 Potter St, Bellingham, WA 98229, USA
with Bellingham Bay Swim Team
Bellingham Bay Swim Team has an immediate opening for an experienced, dynamic, highly skilled and energetic Head Age Group Coach.
Located on Bellingham Bay with Mount Baker as its backdrop, Bellingham (population 90,000) is the last major city before the Washington coastline meets the Canadian border. It’s 85 miles north of Seattle and 50 miles south of Vancouver, B.C.
Bellingham is an acclaimed outdoor recreation haven and known for its subdued, healthy and authentic vibe. It’s been named “Best Place to Play Year Round,” “Adventure Town USA,” and “Best Place to Retire and Live,” by various media. While many come here to play hard and sweat, others take in the scenery, laid-back vibe and relax.
Please check out these links for additional information on Bellingham:
Info on Bellingham Schools:
The Bellingham Bay Swim Team (BBST-PN), (www.bellinghambayswimteam.org) of Bellingham, Washington (USA) is seeking a dynamic, motivated, highly skilled Head Age Group Coach for its year-round competitive swim program.
We are seeking an ASCA level 3 or higher Head Age Group Coach for our competitive swim team, but may consider the right candidate with a lower ranking. BBST is a USA Swimming affiliated team with a 23-year history. We currently have 110 swimmers in five progressive training groups: Bronze, Silver, Gold, & Senior A/B that train year-round with a staff of 4 certified coaches. These groups are designed to provide athletes with a fun team atmosphere where swimmers of similar ability and commitment practice together and TEAM is emphasized in a competitive setting.
BBST has developed swimmers from beginning age group up through nationally-ranked athletes and relays that have competed at junior national, Olympic Trials, and national team levels.
Many of our BBST alumni have gone on to swim collegiately at top-ranked universities, including Texas A&M University, The University of Hawaii, The University of Pacific, and Loyola Marymount University. BBST is a nonprofit 501c3 organization under the direction of a volunteer parent run Board of Directors elected annually by the membership.
The mission of the Bellingham Bay Swim Team is to provide an environment for swimmers to develop exceptional character through discipline and commitment to our shared values in the pursuit of excellence in competitive swimming.
- Establish an environment that fosters positive team attitudes while teaching self-discipline, sportsmanship and responsibility.
- Develop and maintain seasonal and quadrennial plans for the progression of our age group program and develops innovative techniques that show success and improvement. (This includes yardage and technique progressions, as well as how the groups are being challenged through competition and differentiated for movement up the team roster groups).
- Develop and implement team and individual goals with the swimmers and the head coach, and monitor the progression of the athletes and team in reaching these goals.
- Design swimming and dryland curriculums for all BBST roster levels to promote stroke development and physical conditioning appropriate for the athletes’ current level of fitness and physical/emotional development, while maintaining an appropriate level of challenge necessary to produce improvement in speed, fitness, and progression to the next team roster level.
- Provide social/emotional support for athletes and differentiated programming to meet each athlete’s needs.
- Demonstrate a cooperative, responsive and respectful communication style with swimmers, parents, community members, members of the staff, and board.
- Effectively supervise and delegate responsibilities for assistant age group coaches. This includes practices as well as meets.
- Practice continuous improvement and professional development for self under the direction of the head coach; work to achieve next level of certification.
- Support all aspects of daily club operation in support of the swimmers, membership, and team mission and values. Strong organizational skills are a must.
- Communicate with other teams and/or PNS regarding meet participation and entries.
- Maintain and update website information regarding practice schedules, meet entries, news, etc.
- Various administrative functions such as pool scheduling.
- Work with the head coach to ensure club mission, vision and values are achieved.
- Act as a team representative while attending LSC meetings.
- Maintain accurate records of individuals and relay performances, meet participation, practice attendance and more.
- Develop, and implement BBST Board policies and procedures under direction of head coach.
- Maintain professional standard of safety, appearance and readiness.
- Facilitate and participate in club fundraisers.
- Must be CPR/AED certified and maintain current coaching certification.
- ASCA level 3 but may consider the right candidate with a lower ranking.
- Strong track record as an outstanding technical swim coach with demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Advanced experience coaching various ages and skill levels in a competitive environment.
- High-level swimming experience at the club and/or collegiate level.
- Experienced with TeamUnify and HyTek
- Ability to set and achieve individual and team goals and encourage others to do the same.
This is a year round, salaried position with opportunity for performance and fundraising based incentives. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Links about the Bellingham Bay Swim Team:
Location: 2161 NW Military Hwy San Antonio, TX 78213
with T3i, Inc.
The selected candidate will be assigned to a team of swim coaches that are responsible for preparing SW recruits for physical and mental success during their training pipelines. Daily activities include planning, teaching, and applying physical training principles and techniques to improve students’ performance and capabilities. Due to their influential position, T3i coaches are held to the highest standards of professional conduct at all times.
- Assist with design, modification, and advancement of the training program
- Supervise trainees and ensure safety and accountability at all times
- Assist with teaching and demonstrating the swim training program
- Maintain a high degree of personal fitness and lead by example
- Successfully complete and maintain the ability to perform the coach fitness test
- Assist with employment of training technologies to improve students’ performance
- Be able to demonstrate all physical exercises and events required of the students
- Employ relevant technologies to support the training program and improve students’ performance
- Evaluate and provide written professional assessments on emerging technologies’
- Be familiar with, follow, and apply designated AF training and safety directives and guidelines
- Effectively work with frequent changes, interruptions and varying environmental conditions
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of sound training skills, relevant to fitness and athletics
- Develop, implement and teach foundational fitness skills to students with varying ability levels
- Effectively teach various blocks of instruction related to health, fitness and physical performance
- Build rapport with students and motivate them to achieve higher levels of performance
- Regularly participate in staff, training, scheduling, and other meetings to support the program
- Maintain strong communication (written and oral), leadership and organizational skills
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Health and Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or related field, or competitive equivalent experience as an instructor or physical fitness leader in a similar field and environment
- Certified Level 1 American Swimming Coach (ASCA); complete Level 2 within one year
- Swim Coaching experience at a competitive level (club, collegiate, or Olympic)
- Certified Lifeguard, CPR, AED, and First Aid
Type of Employment: Full Time
with Long Lake Camp for the Arts
Location: normal, illinois
with Bloomington Normal Swim Club
Bloomington Normal Swim Club (BNSC) is a year-round competitive swim team offering high-quality professional coaching and technique instruction for all ages and abilities. The goal of our team is to provide every member an opportunity to improve swimming skills and achieve success at his or her level of ability, from novice to international competitor.
All of our coaches, as members of USA Swimming, have access to comprehensive training and certification programs. These memberships, training, and programs provide assurances that the time children spend in swimming will be quality time.
BNSC is a non-profit (501c3) club run by an Executive Board of Directors. All parents are automatically part of the Parent Booster Club which typically meets monthly. The Booster Club is designed to encourage parent involvement, assist in fundraising efforts and help with parent education.
BNSC Mission: To build and maintain a highly successful community-centered competitive swim program using sound business, teaching, and training principles; while focusing on the importance of the athletes developing character, personal responsibility, and self-discipline in the pursuit of excellence in swimming and life.
- Communicate expectations timely and regularly with the coaching staff.
- Organize and oversee all coaching staff assignments, responsibilities, development, and evaluations.
- Develop training plans for coaches’ development to stay current on training best practices.
- Manage all hiring and personnel decisions for the coaching staff.
- Communicate with swimmers and parents: team news, upcoming events, training tips, college preparation, nutrition, etc.
- Promptly communicate feedback with coaching staff and swimmers.
- Attend swim practices, meets, including weekend travel to away meets.
- Plan and execute projects to build team morale and development.
- Manage day-to-day operating issues, including (but not limited to) pool facility procurement and assistance with fundraisers.
- Plan team practice schedules and meet schedules, including team and coaches’ travel, coach scheduling, meet entry assignments, and other meet administrative duties.
- Swim meet entry administration.
- Promote and market BNSC to draw new swimmers into the club.
- Promptly follow-up with families interested in swimming.
- Attend board meetings and provide updates on staff, pool space, swimmer counts, and financial matters impacting the budget.
- Assist in the preparation of an annual operating budget with the treasurer and manage expenditures in accordance with the approved budget.
- Maintain the team website and social media presence.
- Adhere to BNSC Travel & Expense policies.
- Ability to oversee the swim program and to achieve the club’s mission.
- Enthusiasm and passion for the development of young athletes, at all skill levels.
- Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with staff, swimmers, parents, Board members, vendors, and the community.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills. Knowledge of Team Unify and the Hy-Tek software is a positive.
- Understanding the balance of training for distance and sprint, taper, and dry-land, for all age groups.
- USA Swimming background check and USA Swimming certified coach.
Location: 2801 S Kanner Hwy, Stuart, FL 34994, USA
with Martin County Swimming
Location: Stuart, FL
Martin County Swimming (MART) is searching for a full-time, reliable and trustworthy Head Swim Coach, this is a full-time position and could include Pool Manager for the Martin County School District and the Head Coach of the Martin County High School Swim Team.
Vision: MART’s vision is to develop and maintain a program that will produce elite swimmers to represent MART in all levels of swim competition. MART would like to be the aquatic organization that trains these athletes for National, International, and Olympic level performance. With the completion of the state of the art Sailfish Splash Aquatics Complex less than a mile from the team’s main pool, MART swimmers now have the opportunity to train at two facilities during the summer, host events, and compete locally at a long-course championship-level facility.
Head Coach Responsibilities: analyzing swim techniques and determining skill levels, developing individualized swim programs, educating swimmers on various techniques and styles, developing training and competition schedules, and communicating with the Assistant coaches, swimmers, and families.
Pool Manager Responsibilities: maintain swimming pool chemistry, maintain swimming pool records, swimming pool readings per Health Department, maintains pool in all areas to include cleaning, vacuuming, etc. HR duties include payroll, scheduling and hiring employees, inventory of chemicals and cleaning supplies, manage swimming pool for users: school’s groups, Extended Day and club teams, perform other duties as assigned.
High School Head Coach Responsibilities: operate a program within the philosophy of the school, administer meets details for the home and away contests and assign assistant coaches to their specific duties, ensure that all information and materials are provided to assistant coaches, ensure that precautions against negligence are followed by keeping staff fully informed of all the rules and regulations pertaining to their sport, provide for the care, maintenance, and ordering of equipment and facilities for the entire program per School Board policy, ensure adherence to good safety procedures and provide oversight to ensure successful implementation of activities, demonstrate initiative in the performance of assigned responsibilities, follow federal and state laws as well as all FHSAA and School Board policies, perform other duties as assigned by the Principal or Assistant Principal for Athletics.
- Oversee a comprehensive, year-round training program for the MART swim team; to include the designation of practice groups, determination to move groups, handbook of policies, and communication plan
- Responsible for overall team management, to include but not limited to: meet entries, coordination of team travel, fundraising and recruitment of swimmers
- Develop and implement team and individual goals with the swimmers and monitor the progression of the athletes and team in reaching these goals
- Be approachable and visible to all club members and all swim team families
- Respond to all communications in a timely manner
- Establish an environment that encourages self-discipline, sportsmanship, responsibility, and constructive feedback
- Develop strong, lasting relationships and camaraderie with all swimmers, swimmer’s parents and the swimming community
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and managing of all coaches
- Lead and develop coaching staff with clear communication of expectations, leading coach’s meetings
- Develop methods to track swimmers progress throughout the season
- Develop a comprehensive training program for all levels of swimmers and club team participants
- Keep current with research in aquatics related areas
- Attend and assist running special events conducted for the team
- Develop a competitive meet schedule, register team, and entries, and communicate schedule and any updates in a timely manner
- Maintain a professional standard of safety, appearance, and readiness
- Maintain accurate records of individuals and relay performances, meet participation, practice attendance and more
Swim Coach Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have an ASCA Level 3 or above
- Must have or be getting Certified Pool Operator
- High School diploma
- Minimum 5 years of coaching experience with various ages and skill levels in a competitive environment
- Current member in good standing with USA Swimming
- Must pass a background check to work with children
- Must be CPR/AED certified and maintain current coaching certification
- High-level swimming experience at club or collegiate level
- Ability to set and achieve individual and team goals and encourage others to do the same
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and management skills
- Good knowledge of health and nutrition
- A positive attitude and willingness to work long hours
- Working knowledge of Team Unify or like platform, as well as Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) preferred
Location: 84600 47 1/2 St, Decatur, MI 49045, USA
with Lake of the Woods and Greenwoods Camps
Lake of the Woods and Greenwoods Camps in Decatur, Michigan, is a premier, private residential camp that serves 1,200 kids ages 7-15 years old. Each summer we hire 260 seasonal staff members to help run our 50+ activities on offer. Our Swim Coaches and Lifeguards instruct lessons to campers from beginner level to those with more advanced skills. We also have opportunities to instruct waterskiing, sailing, paddle boarding & windsurfing too on our beautiful waterfront. With options from early June to mid-August, with a competitive salary and food / housing included, this is an AMAZING opportunity to live a little and learn a lot!
Location: 1971 University Blvd, Lynchburg, VA 24514, USA
with Liberty University
Liberty University, a Division I Swimming & Diving member of the Coastal Collegiate Sports Association (CCSA) and the ASUN Conference, is seeking a Diving Coach. This is a full-time, 12-month position, to begin July 1.
Liberty seeks a coach who demonstrates a strong commitment to the Christian faith and to the mission and values of Liberty University. The candidate must also possess a strong commitment to the academic success of student-athletes by adherence to NCAA and University academic policies and will also be expected to conduct the program within the guidelines of the athletic department and the CCSA.
In addition to a strong knowledge of the rules and regulations set forth by the NCAA, the successful candidate must also possess an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of organizing, directing, and administering a diving program, including, but not limited to: recruiting, skill/technique instruction, and other program-wide administrative duties as assigned by the Head Coach. Liberty University is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will have the ability to effectively recruit and positively lead female student-athletes athletically, academically, personally, emotionally and spiritually. The successful candidate will be organized, self-motivated, eager, highly competitive, display initiative, and able to operate with minimal supervision. A Bachelor’s Degree is required. A successful history of coaching experience at the Division I level is required, including experience coaching platform.
Location: Camp Skylemar Rd, Naples, ME 04055, USA
with Camp Skylemar
Camp Skylemar, is in search of a well-qualified and experienced Aquatics Director.
Skylemar, located in southern Maine, offers top-notch instruction and enjoyment in aquatics and land sports for 200 boys, ages 7-17. Most importantly, Skylemar has a warm, value-oriented culture, which is welcoming to all. Kindness, respect and understanding matters most, and we strive to make a positive difference in the world, one boy at a time.
The setting is spectacular and well maintained, with 240 acres of fields and forest, and best of all, Trickey Pond. Known as one of the States cleanest and most transparent bodies of water, Trickey Pond the ideal setting for our popular and well-managed swimming and boating program.
We are in search of an Aquatics Director who:
– Has extensive experience teaching/coaching swimming and directing an aquatics program.
– Shares our belief that nothing is more important than safety
– Is comfortable teaching all levels, from the fearful to the competitive
– Is WSI and/or LGI certified
– Can train, motivate and supervise a staff of 15 collegiate swimmer/lifeguards
We seek a smart, fun, safe and dynamic leader, who will inspire kids and staff members to love the water. He/she will execute a Red Cross swim program, and must have the ability to teach our counselor staff how to teach in small groups, sensitively and creatively.
We take tremendous pride in our staff, and value each member of the team who makes the Skylemar world so fantastic. Our staff are dedicated and skilled, and have a “whatever it takes” attitude towards keeping all safe and healthy. As an accredited camp, the Aquatics Director will adhere to high standards established by the directors of Skylemar and the American Camping Association. Also, as a member of our Senior Staff, he/she will be an integral part of camp management overall.
Known for our outstanding staff and attention to the individual child, Skylemar is a fantastic place to work. Dates: June 12-August 17. We provide full scholarship ($13,750 tuition) for child or grandchild, $7,000-$9,000 salary range, housing, meals and travel expenses.