with Golden West Swim Club
The Golden West Swim Club (GWSC) trains in a word-class 50-meter swim complex in Huntington Beach, CA (Surf City USA). The GWSC has an immediate opening for a full-time Head Age Group/Senior Level Coach.
- 5-10 years of coaching and managerial experience with a proven record of success at all levels; and/or high level competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level
- Current USA Swimming Coach Certifications
- Strong administrative, communication and organizational skills with all levels of swimmers and parents
- Desire and passion for developing swimmers of all ages
- Expertise with technique development and training
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated team player
- Knowledge of Team Unify for meet entry and other group management related activities
- Understanding of various social media platforms for promoting team communication
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience and education
- Health benefits (eligibility requires 30+ hours per week)
- Vacation pay
- Reimbursement for professional development
To find out more about our swim club, please visit our website at www.goldenwestswimclub.org
with Carmel Swim Club
POSITION: The Carmel Swim Club (CSC), located in Carmel, Indiana is seeking qualified applicants for the positions of Full-time Assistant and Part-time Assistant Age Group Coaches. These positions reports directly to the Carmel Swim Club Head Coach/CEO and Head Age Group Coach. BACKGROUND: The Carmel Swim Club operates a 50 meter indoor pool at Carmel High School and trains at select outdoor facilities during the summer months. The club hosts between 8 and 10 meets plus a triathlon during a normal swim year. Carmel, which is located in Hamilton County just north of Indianapolis, is one of the Midwest’s fastest-growing and progressive communities with excellent schools. Hamilton County, and Carmel in particular, was also recently named the #1 place in United States to raise a family. CSC enjoys a reputation of success, both locally and nationally, and is recognized for its perennial leadership in one of the nation’s largest LSCs. Carmel High School has won 32 straight Indiana Girls High School Swimming Championships and the Boys have won 18 Championships of their own. Carmel’s strong recruiting base and community support allows CSC to provide financially attractive and competitive coaching opportunities unmatched in the Midwest. PHILOSOPHY: Carmel Swim Club’s mission is “Teaching Excellence Through Swimming, For Life.” Our vision is “a Community Club with a National Presence.” Our core values are Courage, Perseverance, and Team. To learn more about CSC, go to www.carmelswimclub.org.
with Champion Aquatic Team Longview Metro
Longview Metro/ Champion Aquatic Team
Versatile Team – Seeking Head Coach
Head Coaching Position (Club)
Serve as Head Coach of Longview Metro Champion Aquatic Team. CAT is an established team with great pedigree.There have been several D1 and DII swimmers come through the program. Earlier in 2018 the founder of the club team passed away, Clark Wilson. Since his passing one of the team’s alumni that recently graduated from college has coached the team. She has taken a position as a GA in Tennessee so we are looking for a new coach. Primary responsibilities include coaching multiple practice groups, oversee the overall operation of practices and swim meets and work with the board for overall operations of the club. Also, keep in contact with our alliance with METRO aquatics in the Dallas area.
Aquatic Facility Management Responsibilities
We practice at Longview ISD Aquatic Center in Longview, TX. The facility is owned by local HS and we have contract for use of the facility. The team has access to the pool six days a week for before school and after school workouts, as well as Saturday morning workout.
• Experience as Head Swim Coach or Head Age Group Coach is suggested but not required
• Current USA Swimming membership and coaching certifications (training and safety)
• Strong communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills to allow effective communication with coaches, swimmers, parents, and school officials.
• Capable of working independently and as part of a team. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Commitment to provide and ability to supervise high quality customer service. Plans, organizes and schedules in an efficient, productive manner; anticipates contingencies and demonstrates flexibility.
• Maintain First Aid, CPR, AED, Water Safety Instructor, and/or Lifeguard certifications.
• Competitive swimming experience, collegiate level a plus
• Experience with Team Unify and Hy-Tek meet manager
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office or equivalent
Salary will commensurate with experience. Please send resume, cover letter, and 3 references to Josh Sims at [email protected] Application deadline is August 30th. We would like to fill this position by September. 1st.
with New Jersey Race Club
New Jersey Race Club is actively seeking highly motivated and committed age group coaches to begin ASAP for our winter 2018-2019 season., The right candidate will have a strong technical knowledge of the sport and a highly motivating demeanor.
- Member of USA Swimming or willing to complete tests/courses prior to starting
- Minimum 1-3 years coaching experience as a USA Swimming certified coach
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Having some knowledge of how to use Team Unify and Meet Manager
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Positive outlook, enthusiasm and care for the well-being of swimmers
- Ability to effectively communicate goals and progressions to swimmers and parents
Attend and coach all group practices that you are assigned as well as all scheduled swimming meets including championship meets as directed by the Head Coach. Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Produce a highly competitive atmosphere that motivates swimmers to attain and surpass their goals and expectations while having fun doing so
- Demonstrate a commitment to coaching the sport of swimming and continuing professional education
- Coach specific levels of age group swimmers (14 & under)
- Being able to recognize technique flaws within swimmers and being able to give correct technique instruction
with UWCSEA Dragons Swim Team
UWC South East Asia is a K-12 international school that provides a life-defining educational experience to more than 5,000 students spread over two campuses in Singapore. UWCSEA educates individuals to embrace challenge and take responsibility for shaping a better future. We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join us as:
ASSISTANT COACH – SWIMMING (EAST CAMPUS)
UWCSEA Dragons Swim Team seeks an experienced and forward thinking swim coach. As Assistant and Development Coach, the incumbent should display initiative and confidence, particularly when leading the Junior Squad and Age Group programmes. The interested candidates will also be confident coaching at Senior and National Level with an appreciation of scientific coaching principles. The incumbent should be dynamic and able to adapt to our ever changing and growing swim programme.
- Coaches squads for the College Dragons Swim Team and leads within the Development Squad Programme
- Attends all swim team events such as meets, meetings and social events
- Plans detailed training sessions, tracks athletes’ progress and completes Swim Meet Entries
- Assists PE teachers with PE swimming classes (learn-to-swim and stroke development)
Additional Pool Required Abilities
- Ensures safety standards are maintained at poolside and records necessary administrative logs
- Inspects facilities as directed and reports any unsafe conditions or equipment promptly
- Arranges setup and clearing of equipment for swim classes and swim events
- Level 2 Coach/KCC Level 2 certified or International equivalent with minimum of 2 years coaching experience
- Certified First Aider with the ability to work with children from K1 to Y12
- Experience with google suite platforms and ACTIVE Hy-Tek’ Swim Software (Team & Meet Manager)
- Confident in using social media as a tool to promote learning
- Able to work cohesively in a team-based environment as well as independently
- Excellent English (written and spoken) communication and interpersonal skills
Interested applicants to submit application via our portal latest by 13 Aug 2018.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
with Sienna Plantation Aquatics
Full Time Assistant Coach – Sienna Plantation Aquatics
Sienna Plantation Aquatics (SPA) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of a Full Time Assistant Coach with excellent leadership, coaching and communication skills. The ideal candidate must be committed to the team’s Mission Statement, Goals and Values, be confident in his or her ability to work effectively with the team parents, coaching staff, and be dedicated to the development of student athletes from the developmental swimmer to the National Qualifier. The position is available to begin in August, 2017.
The full time Assistant Coach will oversee the training activities of assigned training groups. A complete job description is available upon request. Some specific responsibilities include:
- Coach at least two assigned training groups
- Communicate well with our athlete’s families
- Recruit and retain swimmers
SPA offers a competitive total compensation package including:
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation
- Team office
SPA covers cost of work related travel expenses, professional dues and provides a budget for continuing education and coach development.
- High School diploma required
- Minimum one year coaching experience on USA Swimming affiliated team or equivalent
- ASCA Level 1 certified or above
- All certifications current and in good standing with USA Swimming
- Possess excellent knowledge of the technical and training aspects of competitive swimming with proven record of excellent swimmer progression
- Able to communicate extremely well with parents and swimmers
- A contagious, enthusiastic attitude and ability to motivate swimmers to achieve their best
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must pass all appropriate background checks
To learn more about Sienna Plantation Aquatics, visit our website www.swimspa.org
with Oakland University Swimming and Diving
The Department of Athletics at Oakland University (NCAA Division 1) is now accepting applications for the Graduate Assistant Swimming Coach position. The Graduate Assistant will assist in all aspects of the program, from coaching student-athletes, season planning, team travel, recruiting, and other duties as assigned, all the while functioning in compliance with NCAA, Horizon League, and Oakland University rules and policies. They must represent themselves and Oakland University with integrity while demonstrating a commitment to the university and athletic department’s vision and values. Candidates must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
This position provides full tuition toward a graduate degree as well as a monthly living stipend. Applicants must be accepted into the Oakland University graduate school and meet minimum requirements required for graduate assistant-ship. Interested applicants should submit cover letter, resume and three references to Oakland University Head Swimming & Diving Coach Pete Hovland and assistant coach Stacy Busack.
with Fox Mill Estates Swim & Tennis Club - Foxes Swim Team
The Fox Mill Estates Swim and Tennis Club summer swim team, the Foxes (FME) , are seeking one experienced Head Coach and one Assistant Coach for the 2019 swim season. The Foxes are a well-established team located in Herndon, Virginia. The Foxes currently compete in Division 9 of the Northern Virginia Swim League (NVSL).
The ideal candidates would have Head and/or Assistant coaching experience, strong leadership and communication skills, the ability to connect with children from grades K-12, and an infectious enthusiasm for the sport of swimming. The candidate will work closely with our Swim Team Representatives, Advisory committee, and parents to provide a delightful and challenging summer swim experience
In our Head Coach we are looking for a high-energy, motivated individual to lead approximately (160) swimmers of all ability levels in our developmental and competitive summer swim league as well as coordinating and managing our assistant and junior coaches.The Head Swim Coach, has duties and responsibilities to organize, implement, manage and direct the FME Team swim programs. They will instruct FME swim team members in how to use equipment and proper technique for swimming competitions.
Our Assistant Head Coach will be an individual who can support the Head Coach focusing on organization of team practices and swimmer operations as well as analysis of trends and outputs from meets. They will support the Head Coach in coaching and leading the FME swim team members in competitive swimming activities by establishing an environment that fosters positive team attitudes, encourages self-discipline, sportsmanship, and responsibility.
Both positions will require the both coaches to be in the water and interacting with the swimmers.
FME primary Swim Season starts the Tuesday after Memorial day with afternoon practices Monday-Friday. Once Fairfax County Public Schools have ended for the school year, practices are held in the mornings Monday-Friday.
Developmental swim meets are held on Monday evenings and competitive meets are Saturday mornings throughout Northern Virginia until the end of July, with our All Star meet, held the first weekend in August.
with East Grand Rapids Aquatics
Full time Assistant Senior Coach:
Works with Sr Head Head Coach to help create a Senior group that emphasizes team, peak performance and a positive, inclusive culture.
Job duties include:
- The Sr Full-time assistant will work directly with the Head Coach.
- Works with Head Coach to research, design and implement a contemporary Senior program.
- Practice times to include mornings, evenings and some weekends.
- Attends all swim meets with Senior swimmers or meets assigned by Head Coach.
- Works with all swimmers and provides daily constructive feedback.
- Uses Mainset for creating practices, maintaining attendance and video of swimmers.
- Assists with meet entry for Senior swimmers.
- Responsible for posting and distributing meet information on the Waves website. This also includes sending in team entries.
- Meets with the Head Senior Coach at a minimum of 2X/week to review training plans.
- Meets with swimmers at the beginning of each season to set goals and is available to meet with parents during conferences and as needed.
- Assists with team hosted events.
- Returns emails/phone calls within 24 hours.
- Helps to document swimming data: dryland, test sets, etc
Start Date: September 2018 or sooner if available.
Locations: EGR Community Pool
2211 Lake Drive SE
East Grand Rapids, MI 49506
Requirements: USA Coaching Certification
3+ years experience coaching Senior level swimmers with a track
record of performance.
with Hinsdale Swim Club
Love coaching swimming to kids? Want to continue doing so after this summer? Know a qualified friend to pass this job posting along to?
The Hinsdale Swim Club, a year-round swim club that has operated for over 50 years, is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Age Group Assistant Coach. The Hinsdale Swim Club trains in Hinsdale and Oak Brook, Illinois.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the sport of swimming, is focused on swimmer development and loves children. The candidate will be an assistant coach of our developmental level age group swimmers ranging in age between 6-10 years old. This position will require working late afternoon/evening hours on weekdays, and morning/afternoon hours on weekends, including extended weekend hours on meet weekends.
- Previous Coaching Experience
- Maintain the safety and background check requirements required to be a USA Swimming Coach Member
- A Thorough Knowledge of Competitive Swimming and Stroke Mechanics to coach developmental swimmers
- Enthusiastic, Energetic, Positive Role Model, Team-Oriented, Good Communicator
- Availability to work evenings and weekends
- US Citizen or Visa Authority to work in the USA
Pay is based upon experience and will be an hourly wage. The Club will cover the costs of required certifications and USA Swimming membership, as well as reimburse approved professional development fees.
with Sailfish Aquatics
Sailfish Aquatics is currently seeking energetic, knowledgeable and passionate coaches for our locations. We are expanding and we are looking to hire one full time and 2 part time coaches. Applicants should be able to implement practice plans based upon our common curriculum, administer dryland workouts, complete meet entries, attend meets, and communicate with parents. Sailfish Aquatics offers competitive wages based upon experience. Part time jobs are approximately 10 to 20 hours per week.
Sailfish Aquatics is currently a 280 member club with expansion plans for the 2018-19 season.
with SwimLabs Montgomery County
Do you love kids and love to swim? If so, SwimLabs Swim School has a job for you! We are a new swim school in the area, and we are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, energetic people to join our team. We teach lessons to all ages and abilities in a unique environment of warm-water pools using visual feedback.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Love of children and desire to teach
- Previous swimming experience, such as teaching swim lessons, coaching swim team, or swimming on a team
- Desire and ability to teach all ages and abilities
- Lifeguarding, CPR and First Aid certifications
- Great customer service skills
- Efficient class management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with children and adults
- Willingness to learn and execute the SwimLabs Swim School teaching method
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Ability to work a consistent weekly schedule
- Montgomery County Pool Operator certification is a plus
Job Duties (all new employees will be trained):
- Teaching lessons to all ages and abilities, including group and private lessons, and may include competitive lessons, depending on skill level and previous experience
- Using Dartfish video analysis software
- Teaching the SwimLabs progression
- Moderate maintenance work on pools and facility
- Communicate regularly with children and adults
The ideal candidate has a welcoming, bright personality, professional appearance, is very well organized, punctual and with a positive can-do attitude. You should be forward-thinking, have common sense, and most importantly – be dependable. We will rely on YOU to help run our business so dependability is a must!
with JCC of Greater Boston
Karishim Swim Club (KASC), a competitive swimming club in Newton, MA, is currently accepting applications for the position of Age Group Coach. We are looking for a coach who is a dynamic team player and is excited to help KASC continue its growth in both size and achievement. We are looking for someone to contribute our athlete’s growth both in and out of the pool.
- Prepare practices on a weekly basis based on phase of training and swimmer’s needs/ability
- Maintain a focus on technique, skill development athlete development
- Submit all written practices to Head Coach at beginning of each week during training phase of employment
- Work closely with the Aquatics staff and other coaches to promote the club as a whole
- Participate in weekend swim meets as required
- Attend all coach’s meetings (approximately 4-5 per year)
- Help determine swimmers’ events for meet entries
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Coordinate training methodologies, drills and practice group goals with Head Coach
- Recruitment, retention and athletic development plans for new athletes
- Open communication with parents to ensure education and communication on all aspects of long term athletic development
- Develop roles and responsibilities of parents, swimmers and coaches as well as individual athletic plans
- Maintain good membership standing with USA Swimming and New England Swimming
Applicant Coaches must be:
- USA Swimming certified or be willing and able to become USA Swimming certified within the first 30 days of employment
- Able to exhibit strong effective teaching/communication skills
- Knowledgeable of stroke/skill technique, season and workout planning as well as dryland training/technique
- Prior USA Swimming coaching experience with athletes of all ages.
- Interested in working with all levels
- be ASCA certified
- Lifeguard, CPR/AED, First Aid certification
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the KASC family!
with VELOCITY Aquatics
Senior Lead Coach
Position: Velocity Aquatics is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Senior Lead Coach. This position will be the primary coach for Platinum-level swimmers, which Velocity defines as those aged 13 and over. This is a key leadership position for the club. The Senior Lead Coach will work in partnership with the Head Age Group Coach and will report to the Velocity Aquatics Board of Directors.
Background: Velocity Aquatics is a growing club in the western portion of the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area. The club presently operates out of two pools and continues to grow in swimmer counts. The senior (Platinum) level of the club has grown significantly over the past four years, and will continue to grow based on new enrollment and advancement of younger swimmers. Velocity’s success in club growth has also been accompanied by success competitively. As a club, its placement at Minnesota Swimming state meets has continued to rise year after year. The Senior/Platinum age group also has swimmers that are competing at state and national levels. The Delano Girls High School swim team finished 3rd in State in 2017, and many of the team’s swimmers compete during the year as part of Velocity. The Delano Boys High School swim team will be new in 2018 after competing as part of a multi-school cooperative in recent years.
Mission and Values: The mission of Velocity Aquatics is to build humble excellence in our youth, team and community through competitive swimming. The club values dedication to the sport, teaching perseverance, fostering respect, acting with integrity, and having fun through excellence and teamwork.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and instruction for Platinum program.
- Lead and direct assistant coaching staff to meet program needs.
- Provide a positive, encouraging, safe, and challenging atmosphere consistent with the mission and values of Velocity in which all swimmers, regardless of abilities, may improve their skills.
- Lead the development of Velocity’s exposure to regional/national meets and development of elite swimmers.
- Prepare and manage all aspects of practices, including daily workouts, assignment of practice groups, stroke instruction and pool preparation.
- Work collaboratively with Head Age Group Coach to provide a seamless experience for Velocity swimmers and parents.
- Attend all practices and be on time.
- Attend all meets, or coordinate coaching with Head Age Group Coach and other Velocity assistant coaches, where Velocity swimmers are participating and be on time.
- Work with Head Age Group Coach to coordinate scheduling and registration for meet events, including individual and relay event entries.
- Maintain all memberships and certifications as required by USA Swimming, Minnesota Swimming, and by law.
- Provide supervision and direction for assistant coaches and volunteers.
- Participate in club activities and social events.
- Promote Velocity and, in partnership with the Board of Directors and its committees, develop programs to increase participation and membership.
- Attend Velocity Board of Directors meetings, when possible or when requested by the Board.
- Four-Year college degree (preferred)
- Competitive swimming experience (required)
- Three years swim coaching experience, with preferred experience in a lead role with an age group or club. (required)
- Experience with dryland training and nutrition guidance (preferred)
- Knowledge and ability to use Team Unify and Hy-Tek Software programs (required)
- This is a salaried lead position with our club. Compensation will be competitive to market and will be reflective of experience and qualifications.
- Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
with T3i Services
T3I Coaches assigned to Naval Special Warfare Preparatory School (NSWPS) at Great Lakes Naval Base, Great Lakes, IL, provide training and development of the Navy’s future NSW candidates, who are organized, trained, and equipped to deliver distinctive expertise in combat and other high-risk environments.
Selected coaches are assigned to a team that is responsible for preparing NSW candidates for physical and mental success during their 8 week program. Daily activities include instruction, demonstration, and application of physical training principles and techniques, with emphasis on body-weight exercises, functional movements, and performance under load. Coaches have daily contact and interaction with Navy trainees and senior leaders, as well as other staff members, contractors and vendors. As such, Coaches must adhere to the highest standards of conduct throughout the course of their daily activities and apply appropriate relationships with trainees, customers, and teammates.
Required Skills, Experience & Abilities:
- Swim Coaching experience at a competitive level (club, collegiate, or Olympic)
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of sound training skills, relevant to fitness and athletics
- Develop, implement and teach foundational fitness skills to students with varying ability levels
- Build rapport with students and motivate them to achieve higher levels of performance
- Strong communication (written and oral), leadership and organizational skills
- Effectively teach various blocks of instruction related to health, fitness and physical performance
- PST; 500-yard swim, 50 sit-ups, 50 pushups, 10 pull-ups and a 1.5mile in =< 10:30.
- Maintain a high degree of personal fitness and lead by example
- Be able to demonstrate all physical exercises and events required of the students
- Employ relevant technologies to support the training program and improve students’ performance
- Evaluate and provide written professional assessments on emerging technologies’
- Successfully complete the High-Risk Training Course taught by military instructors
- Study, follow and apply designated Navy training and safety directives and guidelines
- Effectively work with frequent changes, interruptions and varying environmental conditions
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience developing and conducting collegiate, Olympic or professional athletic programs
- Experience coaching athletes at the club, collegiate, Olympic or professional level
- Highly successful athlete at the club, collegiate, Olympic or professional level
- Prior military service in Special Operations or other Combat Arms specialty
Required Education and Certifications:
B.S. or B.A. degree in Health and Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or related field
Certified Level 3 American Swimming Coach (ASCA)
Certified Lifeguard, CPR, AED, and First Aid
Desired Education and Certifications:
M.S. or M.A. degree in Sports, Athletics, Fitness, Nutrition or related field of study
Certified Level 4/5 American Swimming Coach (ASCA)
Certified Instructor for Lifeguard, CPR, AED, and First Aid
Required Background Check: National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI)
Type of Employment: Full Time
Work Location: Great Lakes Naval Base, IL