Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA
with Hydro-Sonic Tiburones
Hydro-Sonic Tiburones are seeking qualified, experienced and motivated coaches for all ages and abilities. The position requires, afternoon/early evening, and weekend availability and may require meet attendance once a month. Hydro-Sonic Tiburones is focused on motivating, teaching, and training young swimmers to reach their potential in the sport of swimming. We are seeking individuals who work well with others, are passionate about swimming and have strong communication and people skills.
Applicants are encouraged to have:
- CPR, First Aid & either: Safety Training for Swim Coaches or Lifeguarding Certifications
- Competitive Swim Experience
- Summer League, High School, Club Level, Collegiate.
- Swim Lesson Instructor and/or Swim Clinic Coaching experience.
- Ability to pass ALL pre-employment hiring procedures including a background check
- Ability to pass ALL USA-S hiring procedures
- Background check (level 2)
- Foundations of Coaching 1 and 2
- USAS Rules and Regulations
- Safe Sport Training
- Concussion Training
Compensation will be hourly and based on experience and qualifications.
Location: 1211 West Main Street, Bozeman, MT, USA
with Bozeman Swim Club/ Bozeman Barracudas
The Bozeman Swim Club, (BSC), the Barracudas, is in beautiful Bozeman, Montana. We are seeking a full-time, top tier Head Coach with a proven track record to build our successful program in partnership with our non-profit parent Board and active volunteers. We are an age-group based program with 130 swimmers ages 5 and up with athletes ranging from the beginning swimmer up to and including athletes qualifying for upper level meets. We are a Positive Coaching Alliance partner and boast a respectful family culture rich in tradition and excellence and routinely challenge for or win Montana team titles. The club swims in an 8-lane, 50-meter facility with a removable bulk head to allow a 25 yard option for practice and meets.
Bozeman is an active, growing community in Southwest Montana. It is home to Montana State University and offers a range of recreational and cultural activities well beyond those of other similar-sized communities. World-class fishing, skiing and hiking is right outside our doors and Yellowstone National Park, multiple wilderness areas and federal/state forests and parks are located nearby.
The Barracuda Head Coach will lead all aspects of our competitive swim program including:
- Supervision of assistant coaches including hiring and firing,
- Coaching and/or oversight of all groups/levels of athletes,
- Development of the competitive program (both in-water and dryland training) within the framework of the Club’s mission and core values,
- Athlete registration, team management and meet entries,
- Annual and seasonal plan development and review,
- Tracking athlete/team performance,
- Management and evaluation of athlete goal setting and tracking,
- Development of seasonal meet schedule for approval by the Board, and
- Parent meetings and athlete communications
Desired Qualifications include:
- Energetic, dynamic and positive leader that works well in and independent role, possesses strong leadership, organizational and administrative skills;
- A strong background in competitive swimming with a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ progressive coaching experience with a history of leading both novice and high-level age-group swimmers;
- History of working successfully to develop competitive, high-level swimmers by advancing athletes through an age-group program;
- ASCA Level 3 or higher certification;
- Serve as a positive role model for young athletes maintaining high ethical and moral standards;
- Ability to effectively communicate appropriate goals and progressions to swimmers and parents;
- Coaching member in good standing with USA Swimming and current on all background checks and certifications/training including athlete protection, first aid, CPR, AED, coaches safety, etc.;
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with other coaches, the Board of Directors, the local swim center management/staff, volunteers, parents and athletes and be a strong advocate for the sport of competitive swimming
- Ability and desire to serve in various capacities in support of the Montana LSC;
- Proficient computer skills and effective knowledge of Team Unify, Hy-Tek Team Manager, Meet Manager, Main Set, and Microsoft applications (MSWord, Excel, etc.);
- Ability and commitment to abide by USA Swimming Code of Conduct;
- A clean driving record and the ability to travel to all scheduled meets both intrastate and interstate;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong knowledge of stroke technique, training, dryland progressions, and taper strategies for a range of swimmer ages and abilities;
- Ability to embody the Club’s core values including respect, family and personal development and instill and educate swimmers and parents about the role and value of excellence, commitment and competition in high-level performance;
Compensation will be based on experience. We offer a competitive compensation package including retirement savings plan, education allowance, travel expense reimbursement and health savings plan.
with Sirens ASC
Application for the post of Artistic Swimming Coach
Sirens Artistic Swimming
Sirens ASC is one of Malta’s leading artistic (synchronised) swimming clubs. The club is currently seeking to recruit an Artistic Swimming Coach on a full time basis to work with our competitive age group teams, with a main focus on our 13-15 age group and Junior age group.
We are looking for a coach who works well within a team environment, able to engage with the other coaches and most importantly – has a strong passion for the sport and for growing our athletes holistically. The person we are looking to recruit must also be inspiring and a good motivator in order to push our swimmers forward in their development.
Our main aim is to build strong foundation skills in all our athletes, which will allow them to attain higher scores. We are also looking to compete at high level international competitions and are seeking a coach to prepare our junior athletes for the upcoming European Juniors which will be held in Malta next June.
The ideal candidate must be fluent in English, both written and verbal, have experience with competitive squads of various levels and be confident when working with Junior age group athletes. The candidate must be willing to work in cooperation with the rest of the artistic swimming coaching team and be ready to work flexible hours, which are likely to increase prior to competition and during school holidays. Coaching qualifications will be considered an asset, whilst a valid First Aid qualification and a clean Police Conduct certificate (issued within the last 6 months) are a must.
Day to day activities will include, together with the artistic swimming coaching team, long and short term goal planning, preparation of a daily, weekly and monthly training plan, as well as effective delivery of the planned sessions. The ideal candidate will ensure that training sessions are carried out with punctuality and discipline as planned. Whilst working in conjunction with the artistic coaching team, the new coach may also be required to help plan and prepare the training schedules, competitions and may work to establish selection and assessment criteria. The selected individual is to convey the principles of fairplay, professionalism and good sportsmanship at all times. The new coach may also be required to support national team commitments.
Personal terms will be discussed during an initial interview whilst a competitive salary is being offered.
Location: 1603 22nd Street, Anacortes, WA, USA
with Thunderbird Aquatic Club
Organizes, supervises and assists in the Thunderbird Aquatic Club program. Works directly with the Head Coach in areas of practice schedules, age group work outs and other team responsibilities.
- Current certifications (and/or ability to obtain within three months employment) CPR and Water Safety Skills
- 1 – 3 years coaching experience at the age group level
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
- Must be able to provide own transportation to swim meets
- Minimum age requirement of 19
- Valid Washington State Drivers License and good driving record as verified by a three year driving abstract by time of hire
- USA Swimming or ASCA equivalent to a level II coach
- Swimming experience – competitive preferred
- Knowledge of the TeamUnify and Meet Manager systems
- Enforces all of Fidalgo Pool and Fitness Center rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Assists in administering a comprehensive TAC competition program
- Assists Head Coach and other coaches with meet line-up’s, meet schedule, practice schedule
- Promotes TAC within and outside the surrounding communities
- Maintains a working relationship with Fidalgo Pool and Fitness Center and TAC Booster Club
- Directly involved in the coaching of swimmers 14&Under
- Performs other related work as required
- Ability to walk along the pool deck during practice hours
- Ability to lift 20 pounds
Location: Smith College, 102 Lower College Lane, Northampton, MA 01063
with Exercise and Sport Studies, Smith College
To be posted October 2019-December 2019
Teaching/Administrative/Coaching Fellowships for 2020-2022
Work Award: Dependent on candidate, $0 – $12,000
Scholarship: Reduces to tuition to maximum of $10,000/ year tuition and often less
Employer: Smith College
Category: Graduate Assistant, Swimming
Required Education: 4-year degree
Description: Work Awards/ Scholarships are available for individuals interested in pursuing a master’s degree with a specialization in coaching women at the intercollegiate level. Candidates should have an undergraduate academic record of high caliber and advanced skill and / or experience coaching/ teaching. The deadline for applying to the program with consideration for financial aid is January 15, 2020.
To Apply: Visit our website at https://www.smith.edu/academics/graduate-study/ess and fill in the request for information section
Employer Information: The graduate program in exercise and sport studies prepares individual to coach women’s collegiate teams. Recognized nationally for its excellence, our program received Level V accreditation from the National Association for Sport and Physical Education. The program connects theory with practice by linking coursework with assistant coaching experiences. All students are in residence for two years.
Location: 101 South Pavilion Center Drive, Las Vegas, NV, USA
with Las Vegas Swim Club
Position: Lead Group Coach
Club: Las Vegas Swim Club (Member of Southern California Swimming LSC)
Location: Pavilion Center Pool, Las Vegas (Summerlin Area), NV
Job Type: Part Time
Las Vegas Swim Club (LVSC) is seeking an experienced Senior level coach to lead our Platinum Group. The Platinum Group consists of experienced and committed high school aged athletes on the State to Junior Olympic (JO) Level. Many of these athletes will look to continue to our National Group and swim collegiately. LVSC promotes respect, hard work, and dedication, but in a family-like atmosphere. Candidates should be excited to promote the values of our Mission Statement (bottom).
- Five 2hr practices per week (after school and Saturdays); additional AM training over the Summer
- Average of one meet weekend per month
- Travel meets once per season (short course and long course)
- Possibility for additional dryland and/or shifts with other groups
- Coach is responsible for season plan, workout writing, and meet entries for the group
- Communication with athletes and group parents is essential
- USA Swimming Coach in good standing
- Must pass background check
- 2-4+ years of experience working with High School aged athletes and/or teaching at the High School level
- Strong technical knowledge of swimming
- Strong knowledge of Senior level training in all strokes and distances
- Strong communication skills
- ASCA level 2 certification
- Experience with Team Unify
- Physiology and/or exercise training experience
- Experience training JO level or higher swimmers
LVSC Mission Statement
Las Vegas Swim Club strives to create a family and team atmosphere in a sport that is sometimes incorrectly considered an individual sport. In addition to technique, endurance, and power, our teaching focuses on personal ownership, respect, discipline, hard work, and sportsmanship. Through these lessons, athletes are challenged to reach their maximum potential both as a swimmer and as a person. The lessons learned at LVSC will help prepare its members for whatever challenges they take on in life.
Location: 533 Lomas Santa Fe Drive, Solana Beach, CA, USA
with Rancho San Dieguito Swim Team
The Rancho San Dieguito Swim Team has immediate coaching openings for the following practice groups:
- Lead Coach for pre-competitive swimmers age 13 and older (weekdays)
- Lead Coach for competitive swimmers age 13 and older (weekdays)
- Assistant Coach with the above groups (weekdays)
- Assistant Coach with our 12 and younger age group program (weekdays)
- Lead and/or Assistant for weekend practice groups (Fri-Sat-Sun)
Successful candidates may coach with more than one group and the coaching hours can range from 2-6 hours daily depending on practice group placement, with the possibility of additional administrative hours depending on experience.
We are looking for an experienced swim coach. Coaching duties include weekday afternoon practices, attending weekend swim meets (approximately 1-2 times per month), regular staff meetings, and swim team administration duties. Candidates must be dynamic and passionate about working with our swimmers and families. Successful candidates will have a minimum of two years of coaching experience with a USA registered swim program.
RSD is a teaching and values based team with over 500 members. RSD swim team’s home is the Boys & Girls Club of San Dieguito in beautiful Solana Beach, CA. As a part of the Boys and Girls Club we have complete access and operate our two pool facility. RSD is a USA Swimming Club Excellence Bronze Medal Club and a USA Swimming Recognized Level 4 Club.
USA Swimming, ASCA membership, CPR/AED, and Lifeguarding are required. Position open immediately.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of San Dieguito requires all employees to successfully pass a background check, drug screen, and all USA Swimming requirements before employment.
More information about the team can be found at www.rsdswimming.org
Location: 5 West 63rd Street, New York, NY, USA
with YMCA of Greater New York
SALARY: $16.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Prospect Park YMCA is seeking qualified individuals who will be responsible for the health and safety of patrons using the facility.
- Must be Instructor Ready: uniform, pocket face mask/gloves, whistle and rescue tube.
- Continuous and active scanning of the pool.
- Ensure instructional equipment remains in good condition; have all equipment ready prior to classes and put away after.
- Know and understand the Emergency Action Plan and Emergency Evacuation Routes.
- Enforce aquatics safety rules consistently and fairly.
- Perform second duties, as requested, only when not lifeguarding.
- Maintain positive relationships with members and staff.
- Follow the directions of the YMCA of Greater New York aquatic supervisors, in accordance with the YMCA aquatic standards.
- Must attain the YMCA Lifeguard certification within 90 days of hire.
- Maintain certification level of physical and mental readiness. Responsible for recertification before expiration.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- Must be 17 years of age or older.
- High School diploma or equivalent, desired.
- Current YMCA Lifeguard certification or equivalent.
- Current Basic Life Support, First Aid and Emergency Oxygen certifications.
- Demonstrate swim strokes, lifeguard rescues and BLS/BFA/EO skills.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Excellent hospitality skills.
Location: London, UK
with Research Opinions
Seeking: 13 – 18 year olds who swim county level and above for research in London city centre, Wednesday 30th October at 6pm
We’re working with a swimwear brand to better understand what you look for when buying your swimwear and training equipment. We are holding a small group discussion on Wednesday 30th October at 6pm-7.30pm and in return you will receive £100.
Who we’re looking for: County level or higher swimmers who purchase their training and racing kits in store and online.
Pay: £100 via BACS
Contact: [email protected]
Location: 801 Corporate Center Dr, Raleigh, NC, USA
with YMCA of Triangle Area
Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Competitive Swimming, the YOTA Age Group Site Coach is responsible for the leadership and direction of the YMCA’s Competitive Swimming program at the Chapel Hill site. They are responsible for managing these functions in accordance with the stated mission, goals, and policies established by the administrative staff, governing committees
- Provides vision, leadership, and management of the day-to-day operations of the successful, values-oriented YMCA of the Triangle competitive swimming program for our YMCA site that includes multiple age group levels.
- Recruits and hires diverse staff and volunteer teams across multiple dimensions of diversity. On-boards and develops them for success.
- Provides vision, leadership, and management to the part time staff that includes coaching and leadership traits to ensure a high quality swim program.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations. Leads implementation of open, clear, consistent and effective communication with athletes, parents, branch staff, volunteers and coaches.
- Abides by the YMCA of the USA Swimming and Diving, ASCA, and USA Swimming Code of Ethics. Serves as an ambassador to the community by actively promoting the YMCA aquatics and wellness programs.
- Maintain open communication with participants, parents, YOTA staff and all YMCA Aquatics staff members.
- Work with Senior Director of Competitive Swimming Team to establish annual program goals and work toward accomplishing these goals.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with program objectives, guidelines, and policies including attendance records, skill reviews and training plans.
- Prepare and submit all necessary information for swim meets and attend meets as assigned.
- Support the Senior Director of Competitive Swimming by monitoring the budget and adhering to the budget philosophy of the YMCA of the Triangle.
- Assists in Annual Campaign by recruiting volunteers and supporting team events in coordination with campaign efforts.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by supervisor.
Location: Dubai Sports City - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
with Fit Republik
We are looking for an experienced Learn to Swim (LTS) Program Manager to lead and develop our thriving learn to swim program in an exciting Sports facility in Dubai.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan the learn to swim scheme of work,
- Structure the lessons which will be delivered by all coaches
- Ensure our LTS coaches are adhering to the developed scheme of work
- Report on the progression of all children in the program
- Liaise with other departmental stakeholders (Sales, CRM etc.)team, CRM to ensure good communications with members of the LTS program
- Deliver and achieve monthly personal training targets
- Ensure all professional certifications are current and up-to-date
- Provide on-going training and development to Squad coaches
Required Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Min 3 years’ experience in Learn to Swim levels from Babies and Toddlers & Children up to 8 years old.
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse groups of people in a variety of situations
- High level of emotional maturity
- Positive attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to use independent judgment when required
- ASCA Level 2 certified or equivalent
- Personal Training Level 3 Certification is a plus
Salary is aligned with experience and qualifications
There will we a commission scheme applicable over and above the standard salary.
Location: 1801 Superior Ave, Cleveland, OH, USA
with Greater Cleveland YMCA
Position: Program Director – Aquatics, Full Time
Salary: $30,000- $35,000 Annually
Description: YMCA of Greater Cleveland has an immediate need for an Aquatic Program Director who will be responsible for successfully developing and managing all aquatic program areas which include new program development, fiscal management, effective supervision of program staff, direction and implementation of all program delivery, quality, promotion and monitoring results against pre-stated performance goals.
- Staff Recruitment and Development: Work with staff to develop growth opportunities and to increase capacity within organization. Recruit and retain qualified aquatic staff (i.e. lifeguards, swim instructors).
- Budget Development: Responsible for developing annual budget of anticipated income and expenditures and maintaining, controlling and evaluating the income/expenses of the budget. Responsible for generating required reports for association and branch.
- Sales: Responsible for establishing collaborative relationships with businesses and the local community to promote programs. Compiles statistical data related program outcomes and makes appropriate recommendations to supervisor (i.e. discontinue programming, increase amount of program offerings).
- Program/Marketing Development: Promotes and incorporates the YMCA core values and character development model in to all program activities. Develops and distributes branch specific marketing materials of program information and assist with Association-Wide Marketing (i.e. brochures, newsletters and special event promotion) through various media. Develops and implements programming for designated sessions.
- Public Relations/Community Affairs: Represent YMCA in appropriate business & community groups. This includes providing timely publicity, developing a working relationship with local schools and other community groups.
- Fund Development Activities: Participate in and / or coordinate in fund- raising activities as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of related experience required
- Three (2) years supervisor and/or leadership experience required, ex. head Lifeguard, aquatics coordinator or supervisor
- Certified Pool Operator preferred
- Red Cross Lifeguarding Certification required
- Life Guard and Water Safety Instructor Certification preferred
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Within 30 days of hire, completion of YMCA program-specific and Operational trainings: Blood Borne Pathogen, Ten Commandments of Effective Lifeguarding, Child Abuse Prevention and Recognition, Incident Reporting, Bullying, Active Shooter, Allergies, Driver Safety, Harassment, Proper Lifting, New Employee Orientation and Program and Financial Operation Trainings
- Completion of YMCA aquatics training and trainer certifications.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
About YMCA of Greater Cleveland: At the Y, our mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all. That’s why we offer an exceptional package that includes:
- A free membership to your local YMCA and discount to YMCA programs including childcare (part-time positions do not receive discount on childcare).
- Additional employee discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a YMCA of Greater Cleveland employee.
- Eligible employees receive comprehensive Benefits Plan including Health, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Plan, Retirement 8% paid by the YMCA of Greater Cleveland and paid vacation.
Location: Des Moines, IA, USA
with Des Moines Swim Federation
The Des Moines Swim Federation is a year-round swim club based in the Des Moines, IA that trains out of West Des Moines Valley High School. DMSF is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Age Group Assistant Coach. The ideal candidate is passionate about the sport of swimming, is focused on swimmer development and promoting a team atmosphere. The candidate will be an assistant coach with our development, age group and senior programs working with swimmers ranging in age between 6-18 years old. This position will require late afternoon/evening availability during the weekday, and mid-afternoon availability during the weekend with occasional swim meet obligations.
- Previous coaching experience preferred
- Maintain the safety and background check requirements required to be a USA Swimming coach member
- A thorough knowledge of competitive swimming and stroke mechanics to coach developmental swimmers
- Enthusiastic, energetic, positive role model, team-oriented, dependable, good communicator
- Availability to work evenings and weekends
- Availability to work 2 to 3+ evenings per week.
Location: 987 Avenida Vista Hermosa, San Clemente, CA, USA
with San Clemente Aquatics
San Clemente Aquatics is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable Assistant Swim Coach to direct swim groups in San Clemente, CA.
Duties and skills of an Assistant Swim Coach include but are not limited to:
1. Abide by the American Swimming Coaches Association Code of Ethics, the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and San Clemente Aquatics policies and procedures.
2. Assist in planning and conducting team practices in accordance with our IM based curriculum, practice schedules, and be supportive of the overall philosophy and direction of San Clemente Aquatics.
3. Coach workouts, attend meets, guide and oversee swimmers entries into meets via software. Teach proper swim techniques and stroke mechanics.
4. Is willing and motivated to work/be involved on multiple fronts within the organization- leading or assisting with fundraisers, special events and team-builders, evaluation process, attend home and away meets, and participate in coaches’ education opportunities.
5. Assist other coaches/instructors as needed within San Clemente Aquatics and communicate regularly with other group coaches. Substitute for other coaches as needed. Be a positive team player/roll model with all staff within the San Clemente Aquatics Team.
6. Communicate and interact effectively with parents, relaying important conversation to the Head Coach.
7. Keep records and reports as directed by the Head Coach.
8. Model proper dress, language, demeanor, and sportsmanship for all swimmers. Exhibit daily a passion for helping swimmers maximize their potential.
9. Be able to work within all levels of our program.
10. Possess USA Swimming certifications and credentials commensurate with the position.
Location: 19216 Singing Hills Drive, Northridge, CA, USA
with Porter Valley Polar Bears
The Polar Bears are one of the fastest growing teams in Southern California. 10 in 2015 and 177 in 2019. We are producing sectional level swimmers and are pretty close to having our first Junior National Qualifier. We are looking for a coach who is eager and passionate about the sport. Someone who pushes our athletes to the very best version of themselves everyday. The ideal candidate will have 1 year of coaching experience with a college swimming background. We want someone who wants to make a good team great!
- 1 year of competitive coaching
- USA Swimming Certifications
- College swimming background(preferred)
- Deck/Coaching Time 20-25 Hours per Week
- Office 15-20 Hours Per week
- Current USA Swim Certifications(within 30 days)
- Assist in the setup of the pool for training sessions and to maintain as area for non-swim team members to utilize
- 3-5 Years coaching experience
- Facilitate relationship with practice facilities
- Knowledge of Meet and Team Manager
- Knowledge of Team Unify
- Knowledge of USA Swimming Online Meet Entry(OME)
- Creating season plan for senior swimmers
- Creating and implementing dryland regiment
- Travel for Meets
- Be able and willing to work with all ages and levels
- Attend Coaches and Board Meetings
- Take Part in team events/philanthropy
- Any additional tasks from the head coach