Location: Central Park Pool, West Richmond Avenue, Peoria, IL, USA
Position: Head Age Group Coach
Club: Peoria Area Water Wizards (“PAWW”)
Location: Peoria, Illinois 61604
The Peoria Area Water Wizards (PAWW) are a year-round USA Swimming team offering high-quality professional coaching and technique instruction for all ages and abilities. As one of the premier USA swim clubs in the Midwest, PAWW prides itself on creating a positive environment and enriching experience for all members of the club. The goal is to provide every member an opportunity to improve swimming skills and achieve success at his or her level of ability, from novice to elite-level competitors.
PAWW has three practice locations and over 300 registered athletes. PAWW is accredited with a Level 3 certification per USA Swimming’s Club Recognition Program. PAWW hosts multiple swim meets and events, throughout the year, including Illinois Swimming Regional Championship Meets.
PAWW also has a US Master’s Program, with a swim team that competes nationally and trains at our Central Park Pool location. PAWW directly maintains, operates, and manages its Central Park Pool facility, while also renting the facility to outside groups for other aquatic activities.
We are seeking a Head Age Group Coach to aid our team’s development. The overall objective of the position is to continue to guide and grow a USA Swimming and US Masters programs that produce the highest attainable levels of competitive excellence in individual and team performance, while fostering a positive environment that fulfills PAWW goals and vision.
A successful Head Age Group coach may also have the opportunity for upward advancement within our organization.
Candidate Requirements | Our ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Preferred: 3 or more years of coaching
- Preferred: ASCA Level 3 or above
- Must be a registered USA Swimming coach in good standing
- Proficient in: Team Unify, Meet Manager, MS Office (including Excel) and group communication tools (Outlook, Group Me, etc.) with a willingness to explore and acquire new tech skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Confident, energetic and motivational leader with bias for action
- Skilled in training/coaching swimmers of all ability levels
- Positive and effective communicator
- Ability to successfully cooperate with swimmers, parents, and colleagues
- Good stroke technician
- Good working knowledge of physiology
- Knowledge of basic age group dryland principles
- Position Responsibilities | Reporting directly to the Head Coach, the Head Age Group Coach will have the following responsibilities:
- Effectively lead and grow the Age Group program while inspiring confidence in your understanding of key leadership concepts
- Serve as lead coach for any practice run without the head coach.
- Plan daily workouts and develop seasonal plans/goals
- Attend staff meetings and effectively collaborate with colleagues and Board of Advisors
- Proactively implement duties and projects on own initiative with minimal direction from Head Coach
- Further develop stroke instruction skills, knowledge of physiology and age group dryland principles with willingness to learn and grow in these areas
- Develop and utilize methods to positively train, motivate and inspire swimmers through effective leadership
- Assist in the planning of yearly meet schedules
- Play an active role in and attend club-hosted and out-of-town meets and events
- Track and update team records and all-time Top 10 List
- Work with Head Coach to plan, organize and execute team trips and special events
- Understand and abide by applicable USA Swimming Codes of Conduct and Safe Sport requirements
- Additional duties as assigned
- Compensation: Highly competitive salary, Paid vacation and sick days, along with health insurance reimbursement opportunities. Private on-site office with a dedicated computer. Free Site membership. Meet and event travel, professional registration and continuing education expenses paid for by the team.
How to Apply
Email resume to: [email protected]
415 W. Richmond, Peoria, IL 61614