Applications due 12/31/14
Burlingame Aquatic Club (BAC): The Head Age Group Coach (HAGC) works directly with the Head Swim Coach (HSC) to lead and manage the entire Age Group Swimming (AGS) program at BAC, a competitive swimming program that BAC operates as part of USA Swimming. The HAGC is responsible for many facets of the program’s operation, growth and success, including administration and oversight, under the guidance and supervision of the HSC.
PLEASE SUBMIT A LETTER OF INTEREST WITH YOUR RESUME.
Hours and Location
This is a full-time position that includes both on-deck hours as well as office hours for program administration and development. Consistent on-site office hours will be established with the HSC to ensure regular contact with other staff members and sufficient time for collaboration.
• Lead, create, and implement a training program for any group(s) under the HAGC’s direct supervision
• Work with the HSC to develop the overall philosophy and structure of the AGS program
• Participate in the development of the annual schedule for all BAC swim groups, including practices, meets, and coaching schedules/assignments
• Coach one of the programs highest level training groups as designated by the HSC, in addition to assisting with other swim groups as requested
• Assist HSC in supervising assistant swim coaches
• Advise HSC in the hiring, firing, and evaluating of all assistant swim coaches
• Participate in the management of AGS program website content, including but not limited to group schedules, program news, team records, athlete awards, etc., as requested by HSC
• Participate in evaluating and supporting BAC’s family service hour requirement
• Share responsibility with HSC for chairing/leading social events for the team with assistance from team parent volunteers, and assist in promoting social events to all team members and families
• Assist in all AGS fundraising campaigns, helping to incorporate assistant coaches and all athletes/families; assist in developing fundraising ideas that will be most effective for each age group
• Assist and advise HSC in developing and implementing education programs for both swimmers and parents in the AGS program
• Attend any Board, Zone, and League meetings as requested by HSC
• Attend all required staff meetings and trainings
• Maintain current certifications as required for the position
• Be prepared to recognize and respond effectively to emergency situations, including emergencies that may happen in non-AGS programs
• Additional duties as requested by HSC
The successful candidate will be a career-minded coach who is organized, personable, and able to communicate effectively with parents, young athletes, and co-workers alike. This person must have a strong background in competitive swimming with at least 5 years of coaching experience, and be able to effectively evaluate and implement training philosophies. ASCA Level 2 certification or higher strongly desired. He/she must be able to provide constructive criticism to assistant staff as needed. The ability to set both individual and program goals and to then develop a path to achieve those goals is crucial to success in this role. Regular email, phone, and in-person communication is required, so professional and friendly communication skills are important. Attention to safety and professionalism must be present at all times.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience; includes medical benefits. Employees receive free and/or discounted access to select BAC programs for employees and family members.
About Burlingame Aquatic Club
The Burlingame Aquatic Club (http://www.burlingameaquatics.com), located in Burlingame, CA, is a non-profit, public benefit organization that provides high quality, competitive aquatic programs for people of all ages. We operate out of the Burlingame Aquatic Center on the campus of Burlingame HS, and we work in conjunction with the City of Burlingame and its Parks & Recreation Department.
How to Apply
Contact Head Coach Ben Chung at: [email protected]