Location: 119 Scripps Drive, Sacramento, CA, USA
with Spare Time Aquatics Sharks @ Rio del Oro Sports Club
The Spare Time Aquatics Sharks are looking for a full-time Head Coach.
STAS is a Level 2 USA Swimming Club at Rio del Oro Sports Club in Sacramento, CA. The team is consistently one of the top teams in Northern California.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the sport of swimming, and is focused on swimmer development, the candidate will lead our program as our Senior Coach and will have oversight over the other coaches. The candidate will lead the search for another coaching hire.
- Previous coaching experience.
- Maintain the safety and background check requirements required to be a USA Swimming coach member.
- A thorough knowledge of competitive swimming and stroke mechanics to coach competitive senior and age group swimmers.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, positive role model, team-oriented, dependable, good communicator, with strong leadership qualities.
- Develop and implement team and individual goals with the swimmers and monitor the progression of the athletes and team in reaching these goals.
- Timely & professional communication with parents and swimmers, and club personnel.
- Develop and maintain seasonal plans for the progression of our Senior program.
- Select the appropriate schedule of seasonal competitions.
- Demonstrates a willingness to communicate with parents to help swimmers achieve their goals.
Location: 12332 Ranch Road 620 North, Austin, TX, USA
with Waterloo Swimming
Waterloo Swimming, LP (WS) is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable Lead Swim Coach to direct/lead one of our age group swim groups at Waterloo Swimming. You will be responsible for working with an assistant coach helping you run this group.
Duties and skills of the Lead Swim Coach include but are not limited to:
- Abide by the American Swimming Coaches Association Code of Ethics, the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and Waterloo Swimming policies and procedures.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with our curriculum, practice schedules, and be supportive of the overall philosophy and direction of Waterloo Swimming.
- Grow, coach, oversee, and manage our Waterloo Swimming program by writing and executing workouts, attending meets, entering swimmers into meets via software, running clinics, and social functions. Teach proper swim techniques and stroke mechanics
- Is willing and motivated to work/be involved on multiple fronts within the organization- leading or assisting with fundraisers, special events and team-builders, clinics, camps, evaluation process, attend home and away meets, and participate in coaches’ education opportunities.
- Assist other coaches/instructors as needed within Waterloo Swimming and communicate regularly with counterpart group coaches. Recommend group practice assignments for each swimmer. Substitute for other coaches as needed. Prepare and submit swimmers’ meet entries and attend assigned swim meets.
- Interact effectively with parents
- Keep records and reports as directed by the Head Coach. Maintaining a safe pool environment during practices (water quality checks/pool area clean up/etc)
- Model proper dress, language, demeanor, and sportsmanship for swimmers. Exhibit daily a passion for helping swimmers maximize their potential
- Possess USA Swimming certifications and credentials commensurate with the position.
- Work with the Waterloo Leadership Team to make the program the preeminent swim program in Texas. Work within our Waterloo culture of being an Athlete-Centric center of excellence; getting Results through FUNdamentals; supporting Attendence+Effort=Success philosophy; and, building out our #swimfamily culture
Location: 433 Vine Avenue, Highland Park, IL, USA
with Highland Park Aquatics Club
Highland Park Aquatics Club (HPAC) Full Time Head Age Group Coach
HPAC in Highland Park, IL is looking for an experienced and accomplished career coach to lead our Age Group program and develop our 13&Under swimmers. Our age group program has grown significantly over the past 3 years from 75 to 120 members with continued growth expected. HPAC trains in a brand new, state of the art, 15 lane high school pool. We have and will continue to host swim meets with 700+ swimmers. Our swim club is well supported by the high school. We have a great working relationship with the boys & girls high school swim coach, who works collaboratively with HPAC during the non-high school swim seasons. For the right candidate, HPAC is an ideal opportunity for a Head Age Group Coach to sculpt a successful program.
At HPAC we believe in focusing on the positive and building team camaraderie. We work with our parents to create a unified team to help each athlete attain their goals in swimming. We are looking for a strong coach who is passionate about swimming and excited to serve as a mentor, educator and role model. This position reports directly to the HPAC Head Coach.
Position begins immediately and is open until filled.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and competitive program for swimmers 13 and younger in collaboration with the Head Coach
- Supervise a staff of 4-6 assistant age group coaches and assist the Head Coach with their development
- Conduct 15-20 hours of on-deck practice coaching (M-Sat) and 10-15 hours (average) of administrative work per week
- Administrative work will be determined by the HPAC Head Coach and Board of Directors. Examples include: writing daily workouts for all age group squads, regular communication with parents, maintain a team social media presence, and on a non-regular basis perform meet entries, hosted meet prep, plan for & run bi-annual team tryouts and ongoing tryouts, plan for & help run bi-annual team registration, annual awards banquet, and swim-a-thon
- Attend all scheduled meets (approximately 48 hours per month)
- Help plan for and run all HPAC hosted meets (3-4 per year)
- Communicate effectively with swimmers, parents and other coaches (email, phone and face to face)
- Maintain daytime office hours. Respond to all emails and phone calls within 24 hours
- Participate in team projects, planning and programs while also supporting team activities
Expectations of the HPAC Head Age Group Coach:
- Maintain a pleasant and professional demeanor while interacting via face to face, electronic and phone communication with HPAC coaches, swimmers and parents
- Drive the overall development, improvement and growth of our age group program in and out of the water
- Possess a high level of maturity, patience and dependability while working with swimmers ages 5-13 as well as time sensitive office work
The ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years of coaching experience preferably at the club level
- 1-2+ years experience as the head of an age group program
- An impeccable understanding of swim stroke mechanics
- Ability to work independently in collaboration with a Head Coach
- Ability and desire to work with parents as a part of swimmer development
- Track record of swimmer retention & recruitment
- Track record of swimmer development
- Intimate working knowledge of team management thru Team Unify
- Experience organizing & hosting successful swim meets
- Experience developing & maintaining a team’s social media presence
- Ability to run Hytek Meet Manager (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Must pass a background check from USA Swimming and have completed the USA Swimming coaching requirements
- Must be a current USA Swimming coach member in good standing
- Ability to perform in the following working conditions
- Work in excess of a 40-hour week with irregular work hours
- Work in excess of 24 hours between Friday – Sunday for home and away meets
- Walk, stand and sit for long periods of time while maintaining alertness to respond to critical situations and the ability to act swiftly
- Light cleaning after workouts and heavy cleaning after hosted swim meets
- Must be certified & comfortable administering first aid/cpr
- Must be able to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs in weight
- View/enter data on a computer for long periods of time
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
For additional information please visit: www.hpacswimclub.org
Location: 15777 Bowdoin Street, Pacific Palisades, CA, USA
with Westside Aquatics
Westside Aquatics is looking to hire Age Group and Senior Coaches for the Fall 2019 Season. Westside Aquatics is a performance driven swim team entering into its 15th year with over 200 athletes. Our mission is to Create an environment where success is inevitable, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join us in our journey.
Job Description: Full Time Senior Coach
This position operates mostly from our Palisades site, at the Maggie Gilbert Aquatic Center. The coach will be directly responsible for up to two Senior Groups, their training program (M-F afternoons, Saturday AM), meets (roughly 1 per month), and parent communication via email. Our staff meets once a month to discuss pertinent team issues and long term direction of the club.
Job Description: Part Time Age Group Coach
This position will operate out of our Palisades and Santa Monica sites as needed. They will primarily be assisting the Group Coaches as necessary with both Dryland and Swim components of practice. They will primarily be working weekday afternoons with occasional meet obligations.
Requirements: Senior Coach
- 2-4 years coaching experience
- USA Swimming Membership in good standing
- Must be able to pass a Level 2 Background Check
- Valid Driver’s License
Requirements: Age Group Coach
- 1-3 years coaching experience
- USA Swimming Membership in good standing
- Must be able to pass a Level 2 Background Check
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proficient in TeamUnify
- ASCA Level 2+ Certification
- Have experience running Dryland workout components
- Current USA Swimming Safety Certifications
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Location: 500 East Veterans Way, Tempe, AZ, USA
with Arizona State University
Requisition ID: 55538BR
Job Title: Athletic Facilities Maintenance Coordinator, Aquatics
Department: Sun Devil Athletics – Athletic Operations & Facilities
Salary Range: Depends on experience
Close Date: September 30, 2019
Sun Devil Athletics seek an Aquatics Athletic Facilities Maintenance Coordinator who, under the general direction of the Aquatics Manager, coordinates and performs the maintenance and preparation of Mona Plummer Aquatic Center and Sun Devil Sports Performance pool as assigned for professional, collegiate, high school and third party events. Ensures that goals and objectives are met with strict adherence to NCAA and PAC-12 rules and regulations, as well as policies and procedures of the department, the University, and the Arizona Board of Regents.
- Coordinates and performs work (ensuring resources are used efficiently) associated with the maintenance and preparation of assigned facilities for athletic competitions, events and practices including but not limited to: building, pool deck, pools, property, grounds, painting, mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, and other repairs and maintenance as needed.
- Oversees assigned operations budgets as requested and directed by supervisor. Prepares reports as directed.
- Acquires full knowledge of Sun Devil Athletics’ (SDA) venues and facilities, including knowledge of keys for doors, housekeeping responsibilities, risk management procedures, identifying maintenance needs, facility floor plans, building codes, etc.
- Supervises and assists with setup, tear down and clean-up duties for athletic events, including but not limited to: setup and tear down of: team and spectator areas, operation and press tables, aquatic timing equipment, PA system, bleachers, tables, chairs, barricades, audio/video equipment, locker rooms, setting of practice and competition courses, and facility signage, etc.
- Coordinates, schedules and submits work requests for assigned facilities, acting as liaison with coaching staff and Aquatics Manager to ensure coordination of availability based on athletic practice and event schedules.
- Coordinates required services by working closely with ASU’s Facilities Maintenance department and other vendors to ensure timely and cost-effective completion of required tasks.
- Recruits, hires, schedules, trains, supervises and evaluates assigned student staff. Prepares and submits time records for assigned staff per established policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with Athletic Operations and Facilities (AOF) staff, as well as coaches and other SDA staff members, to secure staff and to prepare and maintain athletic facilities and grounds as needed.
- Assists with special projects within AOF including assisting with planning, supervising and staging major athletic events and ancillary special events held within Sun Devil Athletic Facilities as requested by supervisor and/or Sr. Associate Athletic Director.
- Creates and implements work plans in accordance with established unit and departmental objectives and funding limitations.
- Plans equipment usage and procedures for assigned facilities.
- Coordinates receiving, disbursements, rentals, supply maintenance and storage for assigned facilities.
- As directed, prepares bid specifications, evaluates bids, and makes recommendations to the Aquatics Manager for related equipment, materials and services.
- Ensures all required game equipment (i.e. scoreboards, sound systems, lighting, sport specific equipment, goals, nets, play clocks, bulkhead, etc.), pertaining to game day execution is operational. Troubleshoots game day issues regarding videoboards, scoreboards, shot/play clocks and A/V systems.
- Monitors the condition of facilities and grounds, coordinating assessment with coaching staff, Aquatics Manager and Risk Management. Ensures all aspects of the facilities are ready for competition, including equipment, housekeeping, grounds, etc. Ensures coaching staff’s needs are met concerning facility & operational issues.
- Assists with the preparation of contingency plans and resolution of emergencies related to facilities maintenance (i.e. power failure, inclement weather).
- May monitor/control various sub-components of the facility systems, including but not limited to filtration, circulation, competition scoring and timing systems and equipment.
- For all assigned facilities, conducts and completes daily, weekly, monthly, yearly facility walk-throughs and checklists.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to NCAA and PAC-12 rules and regulations, as well as the policies and procedures of the department, the University, and the AZ Board of Regents.
Bachelor’s degree and one year directly related work experience which includes supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in athletic aquatic facility maintenance within college athletics (D1 experience a plus).
- Experience in athletic aquatic equipment maintenance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of filtration and circulation systems maintenance a plus.
- Experience in hiring, supervising and training of staff.
- Experience in layout of NCAA aquatic sport playing courses / fields.
- Evidence of being a certified Pool Operator (CPO) or Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) certificate holder.
- Evidence of being a CPR and First Aid certificate holder.
- Experience in identifying and setting priorities to effectively manage time.
- Ability to work early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays and have a flexible schedule correlating with the college athletics schedule.
- Experience in making decisions in a changing environment and anticipating future needs.
- Experience in conflict resolution.
- Experience in interacting effectively with coaches and administrators.
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Activities are performed outdoors in extreme weather conditions and in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
- Clearly communicate to perform essential functions
- Schedule is to be decided; includes extended hours as well as working early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays. Preferred work schedule Monday-Friday, 1-9pm, plus all NCAA aquatic events. Schedule may vary depending on assigned sports or events.
- Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals
- Regular use of athletic competition equipment and technology peripherals: other electronic scoring system equipment (scoring controller, computer program for running scoreboards), sound systems, shot clocks, PA system, etc.
- Regular use of maintenance equipment including, but not limited to: pool vacuums, power washer, air compressor, power tools, hand maintenance tools and equipment.
- Operates utility vehicle, hand tools, small power tools, and moving equipment.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation’s fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
Arizona State University is committed to providing safety and security resources and information for our students, faculty, staff, and visitors. In accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), ASU publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, which includes safety and security policies and procedures, crime and fire prevention information, crime and fire statistics, and numerous resources for current and prospective students and employees. To access the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report online, visit https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. A hard copy of this report may be obtained, free of charge, by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456 or by visiting the ASU Police Department at 325 E. Apache Blvd., Tempe, Arizona, during business hours (M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Location: 1400 Townsend Dr, Houghton, MI 49931, USA
with Michigan Technological University
The Aquatics Manager plans, organizes and supervises day-to-day programs and activities in the SDC Aquatic Facility. The Manager should expect to have some time teaching and instructing certification courses as well as ensuring leadership presence during peak times and swimming lessons. Successful candidates will have prior experience managing aquatic facilities and staff. Programming will maintain the highest standard possible while providing a safe and high-quality experience for users and members. Support the Director of OR/Aquatics in the administration of adventure-based activities and experiences including but not limited to: training and in-services, guard and lesson instructor training.
Location: 639 38th Street, Rock Island, Illinois 61201, USA
with Augustana College
Augustana College (IL) is currently seeking an part-time assistant men’s and women’s swimming coach for the 2019-2020 season.
The successful candidate will possess strong communication and organizational skills. They will also possess leadership and interpersonal skills that can help impact student-athletes at a high academic level.
Duties include coaching, recruiting, and various assigned administrative duties within the program. In addition to coaching with the swim program the position will also include a position of equipment/laundry room coordinator for the athletic department.
Location: 4955 Peony Ln N, Plymouth, MN, USA
with Wayzata High School
WAYZATA HIGH SCHOOL – Boys Swim & Dive Varsity Head Coach Job Posting
Wayzata Public Schools is in search of a Wayzata High School Boys Swim & Dive Varsity Head Coach for the upcoming 2019-20 season. WHS Boys Swim & Dive currently participates in the Lake Conference. The Head Coach will work directly with the WHS Director of Athletics & Activities to effectively implement a successful swim & dive program working with local swim clubs, conditioning, training, and skill development of players in the community.
We challenge our student athletes with high expectations of athletic performance and personal conduct and support our student athletes by modeling, teaching, and encouraging the skills and attributes that will help them succeed. We strive to understand each team member as an athlete, student, and an individual while at the same time instilling a sense of responsibility as members of the team, the school, and the community. Motivation is key and the successful Head Coach will inspire respect, discipline, effort, and teamwork that are the hallmarks of a great program.
Essential Requirement and Responsibilities:
- Communicate effectively within and outside the program while maintaining effective professional relationships with student-athletes, parents, managers, coaches, and staff
- Working with the WHS Director of Athletics & Activities, select and manage Assistant Coach(es)
- Schedule games and practice working with the WHS athletic department
- Conduct tryouts at the start of the MSHSL boys swim & dive season according to athletic department practices
- Provide opportunities for student-athletes to participate in training during the MSHSL summer waiver period, fall and winter leagues and training.
- Actively recruit and retain players who attend Wayzata Public Schools
- Plan and conduct practices
- Manage strategy and playing time in each game
- Hold regular staff meetings to review progress in all areas of team development
- Ensure development and well-being of the student- athletes
- Maintain team discipline and administer logical and transparent disciplinary action.
- Operate the team in accordance with the policies, rules, and regulations of Wayzata Public Schools, MSHSL, and the Lake Conference.
- Hold team members accountable for conducting themselves with sportsmanship, respect, and integrity in accordance with the ideals and goals set forth in the Wayzata High School Extracurricular Behavior Regulations.
Preferred qualifications include but not limited to:
- Prior coaching experience at the college and/or high school level
- Completed or will complete MSHSL Continuing Education requirements for head coach
- Operate team in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Wayzata Public Schools, MSHSL, and Lake Conference
- Ability to pass all required background checks
- Excellent leadership, people and communication skills
- Knowledge of Wayzata High School and the program’s history and tradition
Compensation – WEA extracurricular stipend
Interested candidate should e-mail a cover letter, resume and a brief coaching outlook/development philosophy to Jaime Sherwood – WHS Director of Athletics and Activities at
Selection Procedure: Position is open only to WEA employees through 09/12/2019 If no internal candidates are selected, external candidates will be considered.
Location: Amherst, MA, USA
with Amherst College
Amherst College invites applications for the Assistant Coach of Men’s and Women’s Swimming position. TheAssistant Coach of Men’s and Women’s Swimming is a casual position with no benefits.Amherst College has profoundly transformed its student body in terms of socioeconomic status, ethnicity, and nationality, among other areas. Today, nearly one-quarter of Amherst’s students are Pell Grant recipients; 45 percent of our studentsidentify as domestic students of color. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.
The successful candidate will assist the head coach in all aspects of a highly competitive NCAA Division III swimming and diving program. The applicant will be primarily involved in on-deck coaching, recruiting, meet management, dry land training and various other administrative tasks as assigned by the head coach. The position requires an understanding of the role of intercollegiate athletics in a highly competitive academic environment. The assistant coach takes appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and participates in the College’s efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
Summary of Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coaching –Assist with coaching strategies and teaching methods to develop student-athletes’ skill and teamwork, analyze performance of teams and individuals and provide leadership and instruction, evaluate opponents and develop meet strategies, assist in pre-season, in-season, and post-season training and practice planning
- Recruiting –Participates in scouting and recruits prospective student-athletes, helps monitor the progress of prospective student-athletes application process, helps coordinate and organize potential student-athlete on-campus visits
- Program responsibilities –Compliance with College, NESCAC, and NCAA rules and regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A valid driver’s license and successful credentialing is required in order to operate College vehicles
- Collegiate playing and/or coaching experience preferred
- Commitment to working with a diverse and inclusive community
Interestedcandidates are asked to submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information (email and/or telephone numbers) for three professional references. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
ABOUT AMHERST COLLEGE
Amherst College, one of the premier liberal arts colleges in the nation, is located in Amherst, Massachusetts, a town of approximately 35,000 residents in the western part of the state. The college’s community is composed of about1,800 students from 48 states, plus Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and 54 countries around the world, and about 1,000 staff and faculty. The college’s scenic 1,000-acre campus includes a 500-acre wildlife sanctuary and the Book & Plow Farm ; three museums: Emily Dickinson Museum , Beneski Museum of Natural History and Mead Art Museum ; and multiple educational and cultural venues and resources through the Five College Consortium. The town of Amherst offers an amazing variety of coffee shops, restaurants and entertainment, and a very active outdoor life. Our vibrant campus, diverse community and beautiful surrounding, makes Amherst College and the Town of Amherst the perfect place to work, learn and live!
Location: Central Park Pool, West Richmond Avenue, Peoria, IL, USA
with Peoria Area Water Wizards (PAWW, Inc.)
Position: Head Age Group Coach
Club: Peoria Area Water Wizards (“PAWW”)
Location: Peoria, Illinois 61604
The Peoria Area Water Wizards (PAWW) are a year-round USA Swimming team offering high-quality professional coaching and technique instruction for all ages and abilities. As one of the premier USA swim clubs in the Midwest, PAWW prides itself on creating a positive environment and enriching experience for all members of the club. The goal is to provide every member an opportunity to improve swimming skills and achieve success at his or her level of ability, from novice to elite-level competitors.
PAWW has three practice locations and over 300 registered athletes. PAWW is accredited with a Level 3 certification per USA Swimming’s Club Recognition Program. PAWW hosts multiple swim meets and events, throughout the year, including Illinois Swimming Regional Championship Meets.
PAWW also has a US Master’s Program, with a swim team that competes nationally and trains at our Central Park Pool location. PAWW directly maintains, operates, and manages its Central Park Pool facility, while also renting the facility to outside groups for other aquatic activities.
We are seeking a Head Age Group Coach to aid our team’s development. The overall objective of the position is to continue to guide and grow a USA Swimming and US Masters programs that produce the highest attainable levels of competitive excellence in individual and team performance, while fostering a positive environment that fulfills PAWW goals and vision.
A successful Head Age Group coach may also have the opportunity for upward advancement within our organization.
Candidate Requirements | Our ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Preferred: 3 or more years of coaching
- Preferred: ASCA Level 3 or above
- Must be a registered USA Swimming coach in good standing
- Proficient in: Team Unify, Meet Manager, MS Office (including Excel) and group communication tools (Outlook, Group Me, etc.) with a willingness to explore and acquire new tech skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Confident, energetic and motivational leader with bias for action
- Skilled in training/coaching swimmers of all ability levels
- Positive and effective communicator
- Ability to successfully cooperate with swimmers, parents, and colleagues
- Good stroke technician
- Good working knowledge of physiology
- Knowledge of basic age group dryland principles
- Position Responsibilities | Reporting directly to the Head Coach, the Head Age Group Coach will have the following responsibilities:
- Effectively lead and grow the Age Group program while inspiring confidence in your understanding of key leadership concepts
- Serve as lead coach for any practice run without the head coach.
- Plan daily workouts and develop seasonal plans/goals
- Attend staff meetings and effectively collaborate with colleagues and Board of Advisors
- Proactively implement duties and projects on own initiative with minimal direction from Head Coach
- Further develop stroke instruction skills, knowledge of physiology and age group dryland principles with willingness to learn and grow in these areas
- Develop and utilize methods to positively train, motivate and inspire swimmers through effective leadership
- Assist in the planning of yearly meet schedules
- Play an active role in and attend club-hosted and out-of-town meets and events
- Track and update team records and all-time Top 10 List
- Work with Head Coach to plan, organize and execute team trips and special events
- Understand and abide by applicable USA Swimming Codes of Conduct and Safe Sport requirements
- Additional duties as assigned
- Compensation: Highly competitive salary, Paid vacation and sick days, along with health insurance reimbursement opportunities. Private on-site office with a dedicated computer. Free Site membership. Meet and event travel, professional registration and continuing education expenses paid for by the team.
Location: 2801 West Bancroft Street, Toledo, OH, USA
with University of Toledo
The Women’s Swimming and Diving Head Coach is responsible for the overall management of the Women’s Swimming and Diving program. This position is responsible for all aspects of practice and competition preparation, recruitment of student athletes, and the comprehensive operation of the program with student athlete welfare as a guiding principle. Management of the program must adhere to all budgetary guidelines, as well as NCAA, Mid-American Conference (MAC) and University of Toledo policies. This position is expected to manage a team that is highly competitive within the MAC.
The Women’s Swimming and Diving Head Coach is responsible for adhering to compliance, policies and procedures of the Athletic Department, University of Toledo, NCAA and MAC.
Location: 3000 NW 107th Ave, Miami, FL 33172, USA
with Perry Ellis International
PEI is the global swimwear licensee for Nike Inc, the world’s leading sports and fitness company. Perry Ellis International is a leading designer, distributor, and licensor of quality men’& women’s apparel and accessories. The company’s lifestyle portfolio covers a wide range of product categories and is available through all major retail distribution channels.
JOB TITLE: Associate Account Executive for Nike Swim
This Miami based position is accountable for Nike Swim sales with a focus on Team / Specialty Accounts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive sales with current customers in the region
- Coordinate & attend trade shows
- Work with management to identify and open qualified Nike Swim customers within designated region
- Collaborate with customers in executing business strategies for growth
- Present wholesale product line to selected accounts within territory
- Manage all account details (daily orders, sales programs, credits, returns) for selected accounts within territory
- Forecast sales & product goals for territory accounts
- Monitor competition and trends
- Ability to Travel 30% of the time
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Sales experience
- Experience in apparel, swim or sporting equipment sales
- Ability to liaison with retail customers and PEI/Nike Swim internal teams
- Experience communicating effectively across multiple levels of management
- Systems driven
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of sales experience
- Flexible & adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage/complete projects
- Strong office computer skills
Location: 1700 East 7th Street, Clovis, NM, USA
with Clovis Swim Club (NM)
This is actually 2 jobs for one person. The Aquatics Director will be employed by the City of Clovis and the AG Coach will be employed by Clovis Swim Club (NM). The Aquatics Director position is FULL TIME and includes FULL benefits! The AG Coach would work between 5-8 hrs/wk and will be paid hourly. These 2 positions complement each other nicely!
Location: Dexter, MI, USA
with Dexter Community Aquatic Club
We have an immediate opening for a Full-Time, Exempt status, Head Age Group Coach. The successful candidate will be responsible for coaching the team members in the ages 11 – 14 (Gold) and ages 8-12 (Silver) groups. The Head Age Group Coach is also responsible for the following duties:
- 15 hours of on deck practice time during school year. 25-30 hours on deck practice time during summer break.
- Develop and implement training plan for our Gold and Silver Groups
- Attend swim meets as scheduled
- Over see the promotion of IMX Extreme and IMX Ready program
- Monthly recap communications to parents of each group
- Develop and Lead monthly Saturday swim clinics
- Successfully pass the USA Swimming and Dexter Community Aquatic Club background checks
- Current Red Cross Swim Coaches Safety and AED/CPR certified
- Experience working with children and teenagers.
- Minimum of 2-3 Years experience developing 8-12 Year Old Swimmers
- Candidates should be ASCA certified level 2 at minimum.
- Candidates must be current certified USA Swimming coaches in good standing.
- Candidates should have a long-term career goal of coaching.
- Candidates will be passionate and demonstrate strong work-ethic.
Location: 8815 Southeast 40th Street, Mercer Island, WA, USA
with Mary Wayte Pool
Olympic Cascade Aquatics is seeking a dependable and personable individual to join our family as a Lifeguard/Swim Instructor/Coach. No experience necessary. We are willing to train the right person. Hospitality and/or swim instructor experience is a bonus.
We have an evening and weekend position that will be opening up when our summer staff heads back to school in the fall. Training can start immediately. This position can be full or part time. Full time staff will be offered medical benefits and will accrue sick time after 90 days of employment. We also have a retirement plan available for full time staff that has longevity with us.
Responsibilities could include: teaching swimming lessons, lifeguarding, coaching, cash management, guest relations, computer entry, cleaning, and providing a positive environment for swimmers to develop and learn a skill for life.
Local candidates preferred but applicants who are re-locating to the area are welcome to apply.
Please email resume and cover letter.
Salary will be dependent on experience and qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time
Salary: Our normal starting wage without experience is $12.50/hour for front desk or guarding, $15.50/hr for lessons, $25/hr for private lessons. Higher wages will be offered to those with experience.