with Loyola University New Orleans
Within the framework of the Loyola University New Orleans mission of educating the whole person, the Assistant Swim Coach will support both the men’s and women’s swim teams by fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of the position. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting the Head Swim Coach in providing coaching expertise and administrative duties for the intercollegiate Swim program on a part-time basis.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree; minimum of 1 year coaching or playing experience, manager experience, or GA experience; ability to work effectively with college student-athletes, faculty, staff, alumni and members of the community; working knowledge of collegiate swimming rules; philosophy of intercollegiate athletics which places the highest emphasis on the pre-eminence of the academic mission of the institution and role of athletics as a part of the student’s total educational experience for both the student-athlete and the student non-athlete; well-developed personal system of ethical values which will be used as the basis for supervising and developing student athletes in the swim program; must possess and maintain a current valid driver’s license as a condition of employment, and must also be able to successfully pass any driver background information investigation and any driver education courses required by Risk Management. Must be able to be able to lift heavy objects up to 25 lbs., walk 18 holes of Swim on consecutive days, and drive and transport athletes if needed.
Loyola University New Orleans is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We particularly encourage applications from women and members of minority groups protected under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, and persons with physical disabilities.
with The FISH
The FISH is expanding its program further south into the beautiful state-of-the-art Jeff Rouse Swim & Sport Center in Stafford, Virginia – and we are looking for a full-time coach to lead the new site. Located about an hour south of Washington D.C., Stafford is a growing area with a lot of opportunity and potential. As we are developing the program in a new area, we are looking for someone who is energetic and passionate about the sport, someone who is dynamic and willing to learn, and someone who has a proven record of developing and inspiring swimmers to succeed.
Job Tasks Include:
- Plan and conduct swim practices in accordance with the Head Coach and other coaching staff.
- Attending scheduled USA swim meets, as well as assist with FISH-hosted meets, eventually as Meet Director.
- Recruitment of new swimmers, including conducting summer stroke clinics at several pools in the area.
- Administrative tasks such as meet entries, communications, newsletters, and updating The FISH website.
- Coaching Membership in good standing with USA swimming.
- Minimum 2+ years coaching experience, preferably at the Club level.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge of TeamUnify.
- Knowledge of Hy-Tek Meet Manager and Team Manager preferred.
- Ability to motivate and inspire swimmers of all ages and create a positive learning environment.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full time benefits include 50% payment toward health and dental plan, paid vacation and sick leave, cell phone, and payment for USA certifications, background checks, etc. We also offer many opportunities for coaching growth and development, including ASCA and ISCA clinics, traveling to high level meets, and training trips.
with University of Miami
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit quality student-athletes who qualify academically and have proven swimming ability and attitude to participate and compete at the highest level.
- Develop a recruiting strategic plan that includes contact timing and frequency, unofficial and official visit goals, and the performance level(s) of prospects to be recruited that are consistent with the programs goals.
- Organize and assist with recruiting efforts, mailings, emails, personal notes and phone calls to both potential student athletes and club/high school coaches.
- Scout talent in person and from videos sent. Record good recruiting notes and ratings into database.
- Arrange details for official and unofficial visits, and disseminate the information in a detailed itinerary.
- Be familiar with admissions and eligibility procedures, and work with all the proper parties to make sure those procedures are being followed.
- Document all recruiting activities promptly using JumpForward.
- Be responsible for all NCAA rules, regulations, changes and successful completion of the coach’s certification test.
- Do all of the above within the given recruiting budget.
- Present the University of Miami in the most positive manner.
- Assist the head coach with coaching of all student athletes.
- Assist in planning and implementation of overall training plan and individual practices.
- Submit practices to the head coach as specified.
- Organize and implement land training program for student athletes in conjunction with the strength and conditioning coach(es).
- Provide appropriate guidance for student-athletes, and be knowledgeable of the resources available for them in the athletic department and throughout campus.
- Help administer team rules and policies.
- Support and enforce the head coach’s philosophy.
- Home and away competition duties as specified.
- Coach student-athletes during off-season and summer in accordance with NCAA, ACC and University of Miamirules and regulations.
- Maintain a current USA Swimming coach’s certification, which requires current CPR, First Aid and Coach’s Safety Training certification
- Coordinate practice times for visiting teams and for us when we travel.
- Responsible for all team travel logistics with the help of the University of Miami travel coordinators.
- Develop detailed itineraries for our away trips.
- Maintain student-athlete time management calendars using TeamWorks.
- Submit all countable athletic required activities (CARA), and monitor all RARA activities using TeamWorks.
- Promptly submit all appropriate compliance paperwork, and keep record of all compliance communication.
- Submit accurate business reports promptly following travel.
- Submit all purchase orders and work with the business department to follow necessary procedures for purchase of services and equipment not purchased by the equipment room staff.
- Assist with record keeping and paperwork regarding student-athletes (class schedules, parent contacts, equipment sizes, best times, practice results, etc).
- Assist with supervision of managers and volunteers.
- Work with Event Operations staff to make sure all home competition logistics are solidified (Event files, officials, pool deck set-up, competition course set-up, announcers, music, etc).
- Work with Equipment Room staff and Adidas representatives to order apparel (land and aquatic) for student-athletes and staff.
- Organize logistics of team banquet and assist with all team functions.
- Know inventory of administrative supplies and forward orders as needed.
- Keep aquatic equipment organized, know inventory and forward orders as needed.
- Keep team lounge tidy.
- Liaison between academic advisor and student-athletes.
- Monitor facilities and equipment to provide a safe and professional environment, and communicate with proper facilities staff members promptly to rectify any issues.
- Maintain CSCAA membership.
- Submit All-American and Academic All-American nominations.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with NCAA, Atlantic Coast Conference, institutional and departmental policies and procedures.
- Keep the Head Coach informed with everything involved with all aspects of the swim team.
- Maintain good working relationships with co-workers and other University of Miami staff.
- Act professionally at all times and serve as a positive representative of the University of Miami, both in person and through social media.
Education Requirements (Essential Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree required
- USA Swimming coaching certification
Work Experience Requirements (Essential Requirements):
- Two years of coaching experience is required, Division I preferred.
with Edina Swim Club
POSITION: The Edina Swim Club (ESC), is a level 4, Silver medal club located in Edina, MN. ESC is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Head Age Group Coach. This will be a leadership role in our Age Group Program. This position reports directly to the Edina Swim Club Head Coach. Start date is August 1, 2018 and minimum ASCA Level 3 certification.
BACKGROUND: The Edina Swim Club trains at three 50 Meter facilities during the summer months and out of six different 25 Yard facilities throughout the year. The club hosts 6 meets during a normal swim year. Edina is located in Hennepin County just southwest of Minneapolis. The Edina Gators enjoy a reputation of success, both locally and nationally, and is recognized for its perennial leadership in Minnesota. Edina High School has won 24 high school Swimming Championships between both the girls and boys teams. Edina’s strong recruiting base and community support allows them to provide financially attractive and competitive coaching opportunities unmatched in the Midwest.
PHILOSOPHY: Edina Swim Club’s mission: The Edina Swim Club prepares swimmers of various abilities to achieve the highest level of the sport. Edina Swim Club combines fun and hard work in a team-building atmosphere that produces long-term success for its athletes in the pool and as good citizens. To learn more about EDI, go to edinaswim.com.
- Design quadrennial and seasonal plans for Age Group and Developmental programs
- Plan Meet Schedules, Assistant and lead coaching practice and meet schedules, pool schedules
- Execute strong communication skills with all age group members: newsletters, emails listing deadlines and special events on a bi-monthly basis.
- Complete all daily work-outs on the OnDeck Application and maintain group attendance records
- Responsible for meet entry deadlines, posting meet information, and all age group entries
- Responsible for communicating group move ups at the end of each season
- Mentor and Manage all lead and assistant age group coaches
- Update TeamFeed on the OnDeck app – weekly(min)
- Social Media updates
- Responsible for weekly age group staff meetings
- Responsible for maintaining certifications and managing all staff certifications
- Schedule and perform all annual evaluations for age group staff
- Responsible for hiring all age group staff
- Maintain daily office hours in addition to coaching responsibilities
- Four-year College Degree (Required)
- Competitive Swimming Experience (Required)
- Ten years Swim Coaching Experience with at least five years in a leadership role (Required)
- Have experience in dryland training for long-term athletic development (Required)
- Have a working knowledge of Team Unify and Hy-Tek Software (Required)
- Must be current in all requirements to be a USA Swimming member coach or ability to become certified within 2 months of hire. (Required)
- Candidates must possess integrity, strong communications skills; and a passion for helping swimmers maximize their potential.
- This is a Full-time position. Competitive pay for this position will range from 50,000 + commensurate with experience.
with Fitter and Faster
The key responsibility for the Registration Sales Managers is to make sure that all competitive swimmers and coaches in communities throughout the USA and Canada know about upcoming clinics – and that they sign up.
Please take a look at the full job description for this position. https://fitterandfaster.com/career/registration-sales-manager/
Submit your resume and cover letter here: https://fitterandfaster.com/contact-us/
with Kishwaukee YMCA/DeKalb County Swim Team
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Head Coach, the Head Age Group Coach will support the development, organization, and implementation of a high-quality YMCA/DCST swim team program.
- Coaches DCST swim team members, 12 years of age and under, in competitive swimming/strength development techniques.
- Assists with other swim team member age groups as necessary.
- Supports DCST activities to meet YMCA objectives, standards, and guidelines.
- Supports collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Supports member connections through the DCST programs.
- Remains current in all YMCA swim team requirements, certifications, and guidelines.
- Writes swim team practices and assists in Stroke Clinic.
- Creates swim meet line-ups and provides supervision at swim meets.
- Communicates with parents.
- Provides swim team members with progress evaluations.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information, including: creation and production of materials
- Establish and maintain social media platforms, team website, meet management and team management software programs
- Assist in maintenance of program guide
- Writes newspaper articles for website, social media, and print
- Promotes fundraising and membership, in accordance with team’s strategic plan.
- Collect team fees
- Involved in team functions including the organization of volunteers, setup for swim meets, and season ending banquets
- Maintains records, rosters, spreadsheets, coach’s certifications, and record board and meet participation
- Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Participates in staff meetings and/or related meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by DCST Head Coach
with Aqua Lung America
|Aqua Lung America, Inc. specializes in the development, manufacture and distribution of scuba diving, water-safety, personal fitness and recreational products. We are looking for a talented individual who can support our marketing efforts. Our brands include: Aqua Lung, Aqua Sphere, MP Michael Phelps, Omer, Stohlquist, and U.S. Divers.
The Swim Marketing Specialist will work closely with the marketing and sales teams to manage the US marketing initiatives in our Swim business segment. Primary responsibilities will include creating and maintaining detailed marketing calendars to efficiently execute global marketing strategies and product launches within the US market, coordinating between graphic design, marketing, product, and sales teams to create needed marketing deliverables for product launches and marketing campaigns, and be the resident swim marketing expert for the US market. Additional responsibilities include: Brand activation, overseeing industry trade shows and grassroot events, photo shoot logistics, development of sales support tools, athlete and ambassador management, promotional and point of purchase campaigns for local market, social media channel management, field execution of marketing programs and daily administrative tasks. This position involves a high degree of collaboration and coordination between the marketing, product, graphics design and sales teams. The ideal candidate will have strong organization skills and demonstrate the ability to multitask while building respect and trust with others in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Candidate must demonstrate the ability to:
~Aqua Lung America, Inc. (AQA) is an equal opportunity employer.
~We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
~AQA participates in the United States Department of Homeland Security’s E-Verify program.
~AQA promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment.
with Phoenixville YMCA Swim Team (PAY)
The Phoenixville Branch of the Philadelphia Freedom Valley YMCA is seeking a Director of Competitive Aquatics and Head Swim Coach. The program, which comprises more than 200 swimmers, has steadily grown in numbers and stature over the last decade. In March 2018, the team finished second at the PA YMCA State Championships and sent 16 individual qualifiers to YMCA Nationals. Equally impressive is the strong foundation of steady improvement across the age group ranks. Therefore, this position presents a tremendous opportunity for the right candidate to reap the rewards of assisting in the development of young athletes into great people, while attaining regional and national recognition as a leader in competitive aquatics.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Management of the day-to-day operations of the Phoenixville YMCA Swim Team (PAY), ensuring that this year-round program complies with YMCA policies and procedures and recommended YMCA Competitive Swimming Guidelines for program quality and safety.
- Setting overall direction and curriculum for practices and meets while providing direct service to ensure program quality and safety standards.
- Developing, implementing and managing operating plans to promote program growth in the YMCA, USA and summer competitive leagues while maintaining and increasing a national level presence.
- Measuring progress against goals, and ensuring continuous improvement.
- Working with Aquatics Leadership to ensure we are meeting the overall aquatic needs of the Y community.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and minimum 3 years’ or comparable experience as a Head Coach. Level 2 ASCA certification desired.
- Experience in team management software (meet Manager, Hy-Tek Team Manager, Team Unify), timing system operation and budgeting.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills; possess a passion for member service that includes excellent communication skills with all age groups; build and maintain a culture of supportive relationships; set and achieve goals while providing an enjoyable environment.
- Current coaching certifications.
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications.
- Free YMCA Membership
- Access to health care benefits
- YMCA-funded retirement
- Employee-funded 403B
- 50% off full day childcare, camp and nursery school
- Tuition reimbursement program
with PSRP - PANTHERS
The Aquatics Department at Bay Club Redwood Shores, A Bay Club Property, is currently seeking a motivated and ambitious Head Swim Coach. Under the direction of the Aquatics Director and Director of Competitive Swimming, the Head Panthers Swim Coach is responsible for managing and coaching the year round USA swim team; maintaining a safe and effective learning environment while focusing on the fulfillment of clients’ swimming goals; achieving personal revenue goals; and providing the best customer service and hospitality to members and guests.
- Provide coaching for swim team; provide specific and corrective feedback to each swimmer at each session
- Design and deliver effective, consistent, and rewarding season plan and daily workouts
- Recruit new swimmers to join swim team
- Collaborate with other Bay Club Head Coaches, delivering a consistent, team oriented program
- Actively participate in events, programs meetings and trainings
- Help keep pool deck clean, safe and organized
- Follow all safety procedures and precautions
- Current USA Swimming Coach Certified
- ASCA Certified
- Current Red Cross Lifeguarding, CPR, AED & First Aid certifications and or Swim Coach Safety Training
- Experience in Competitive Swimming as a participant or a coach
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, and sales techniques
- Knowledge of water hazards, lifesaving techniques and first aid, recognize hazardous situations, and adopt effective courses of action
- Requires proficient swimming ability and the proper application of rescue and first-aid techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills
Hours: Will vary.
- Work is typically performed outdoors in varying and occasionally extreme (hot) weather conditions.
- Ability to arrive at work on time for all scheduled work shifts required. Ability to work weekends, evenings, and holidays required.
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and readily able to adjust to changes in work environment.
- Position requires daily public contact.
- Must be able to work in a hot environment
- Must occasionally sit for extended periods and regularly walk around the facility
- Mobility around and in the pool.
with Temecula Tritons Swim Club
Position: Associate Coach
Salary based on experience
Temecula Tritons Swim Club is currently seeking an associate coach for elite level Age Group and Senior swimmers.
Interested candidates should have a passion for the sport, experience with competitive swimming and coaching, excellent communication skills, as well as a strong work ethic and eagerness to learn and grow as a coach and professional. Applicants must have all certifications up to date. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic reliable individual who can not only lead the swimmers but also work well with others. Great organizational skills and time management are essential.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Coaching all levels of age group swimmers with a focus on technique and development
* Work with Head Coach to create and implement season plans, prepare meet and practice schedules, and schedule tryouts and substitute coaches
* Attend swim meets
* Knowledge on running TeamUnify and Meet Manager.
* Communicate consistently and effectively with team membership and other team administrative duties
* Office hours
with Illinois Tech
|The Illinois Tech Swimming and Diving program is currently seeking a Part-Time Assistant Swimming Coach. This position will serve both the Men’s and Women’s teams and will report directly to the Head Coach.The position is part-time, with an expected contribution of approximately 20 hours per week over the course of the 2018-19 academic year (approximately 40 weeks). Pay is commensurate with experience.
Primary duties will include:
1. Assisting with the writing and conducting of daily workouts, Monday through Friday mornings. Both individual and team instruction.
2. Providing support for collegiate student-athletes from various swimming backgrounds. Assist in the coaching and evaluating of student-athletes.
3. Aid in running home swim meets.
4. Travel with team for away swim meets.
5. Assisting in the recruitment and retention of top-quality student-athletes during the academic year. 6. Working well and compatibly with entire coaching staff
7. Other duties as assigned by Head Coach or Athletic Director
Collegiate swimming experience and coaching experience at any level for one or more years preferred.
Position begins as early as August 15, 2018. Season begins on September 17, 2018.
|Collegiate swimming or collegiate coaching experience required.
1-3 years of swim coaching experience at any level is preferred.
Familiarity with NCAA Division III rules and recruiting guidelines is required.
with Robert K. Fox Family Y
The Robert K Fox. Family YMCA of the Lancaster and Fairfield County is actively seeking a Head Coach to lead and grow our swim program. The ideal candidate will be able to work hand in hand with our parent board, hire, lead and manage our age group staff. The Head Coach should be ready to continue our success with national level swimmers and help develop our future swimmers.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- The successful candidate in this position will possess strong communication and program developmental skills, be outgoing, a self-starter, and be able to multi-task.
- Up to date in YMCA and USA coaching credentials preferred, or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- Lifeguarding and be CPR/First Aid/AED certified or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- Proficiency in Hy-Tek and Team Unify.
- Must possess the knowledge and ability to teach all competitive strokes, rules and regulations to team members.
- Must be able to plan practice sessions and swim meets, bring creative programming ideas to the team, maintain equipment and show a responsible attitude toward the team.
- Must adhere to established YMCA Youth Sports philosophies, goals and objectives.
- In addition to the above requirements, it is expected that the Head Swim Coach will bring to his/her position maturity, responsibility, positive values and sincere interest in working with people and shaping young athletes.
Employee must possess a valid driver’s license, have reliable transportation.
Reference checks, criminal history background check, Sex Offender Registry check required for all hired applicants.
Pay: Will be competitive based on experience up to full time.
with Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
While pursuing graduate studies, the Graduate Assistant will be assigned duties as an Assistant Coach of Men’s and Women’s Swimming. Responsibilities include planning and implementing practices, mentoring student-athletes, recruiting, adhering to HCAC and NCAA rules, and other duties as assigned by the head coach.
Graduate programs are available at Indiana State University.
Bachelor’s degree. Proven success in coaching swimming and/or collegiate level swimming experience. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Strong knowledge of swimming. Preference may be given to candidates who desire a career in coaching. The GA must be admitted to the ISU Graduate School as a condition of employment.
LENGTH OF APPOINTMENT:
The Graduate Assistant will be on a two-year academic program to complete a Masters Degree.
A stipend, on campus meals, and graduate tuition at Indiana State University are available to the successful candidate.
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants with disabilities should request, in advance, any accommodation in order to participate more fully in the application process.
with Washington and Jefferson College
The Washington & Jefferson College (W&J) Department of Athletics offers coaching internships to
provide a hands-on learning experience with a NCAA Division III sports organization. The W&J athletic
internship program is an excellent step toward a coaching career in a number of different sports.
The internship provides a stipend, housing, and a meal stipend. Opportunity available in the sport of
Swimming & Diving. This opportunity will begin August 2018.
The program’s objective is to use the college’s NCAA Division III sports to give aspiring coaches
opportunities to observe and learn about the many aspects of coaching at the collegiate level.
The program will educate interns on specific aspects of the duties of a head coach, including recruiting
(approximately 30 percent), practice planning (approximately 10 percent), on-field instruction
(approximately 40 percent) and video editing and other assigned duties (approximately 10 percent).
Working directly with a seasoned, veteran head coach will provide the intern with an opportunity to
observe on-field and off-field coaching from “the front row,” to develop personal ideas and coaching
methods and to learn the rules and regulations applicable to recruiting at the NCAA Division III level.
The program provides the opportunity to gain exposure on a highly-competitive NCAA Division III
coaching staff, while increasing marketability to a future employer.
The intern will have the ability to be exposed to resume-building situations while developing coaching
concepts and principles. Hands-on opportunities to work with equipment and technology offered by
the college will also enhance the experience. In addition, the intern will have the opportunity to be
exposed to the administrative side of the athletic department through experiences with game
management, facility coordination and working with the college’s Student Athlete Advisory Council.
The head coach is the intern’s primary supervisor. The intern will also be evaluated by the Director of
with West Hollywood Aquatics
Regular on-deck coaching and support of the Head Coach in the implementation of team direction and goals.
Provide constructive feedback to each swimmer helping them to reach their potential.
Participate team functions and events, competitive or social
Coaching approx. 2-3, 1.5 hour practices per week.
Minimum 1 + years prior coaching experience as a USA Swimming certified coach or US Masters Coach
Passion for competitive swimming and a “desire to excel” professionally.
Opportunities for additional income. Pay commensurate with experience.
About our organization: West Hollywood Aquatics is a masters swimming and water polo team founded in 1982 with approximately 180 members. Our team currently offers 14 swim workouts a week with a membership that includes competitive as well as recreational swimmers. We were founded in the Southern California city of West Hollywood as an organization training for the first Gay Games and currently have an inclusive and diverse membership spanning across the Los Angeles area.