with Bolles School Sharks
We are in search of dynamic and enthusiastic individuals to come and be a part of the greatest swim camp in the world…….The Bolles 2018 Swim Camp.
Since the Bolles School Sharks inception over 40yrs ago in 1977 we have promoted excellence at all levels of swimming and are very proud of our athletes that have left a legacy of TRADITION IN EXCELLENCE.
The Bolles School Sharks have also made a significant impact on the national and international swimming scene. The Sharks had their first national finalist in 1980. Since that time the Bolles Sharks swimmers have captured 23 individual national championships and 16 relay championships as well as 34 team championships. Bolles Sharks swimmers have won at the World Championships, Asian games, Pam Am Games, Southeast Asian Games, World University Games, and the Olympic Games, as well as many other international meets. Over 100 members of the Bolles Sharks family have represented the United States and other countries in international competition traveling to Aruba, Australia, Brazil, Canada,China, Columbia, Croatia, Ecuador, East Germany, France, Guam, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Korea, Holland, Israel, Laos, Mexico, The Philippines, Peru, Qatar, Russia, Spain, Thailand and West Germany. The Bolles Sharks tradition in excellence serves as a foundation upon which to build for even greater success in the future. We look forward to seeing our swimmers continue their dominance at the local level and further their achievements at the regional, national and international levels.
Purpose: These positions are seasonal employees under the supervision of the Swim Camp Director. The main responsibility of these positions is to enthusiastically lead a group of campers in having an enjoyable, safe, and enriching swim camp experience. The Swim Camp Counselors will also have the opportunity to learn about coaching and swimming from the Bolles School Sharks swim team coaches.
- Take primary responsibility for the health, well-being and happiness of campers
- Assist our year-round coaches on the pool deck during each swim practice
- Each counselor will be responsible for daily rotation of office duties: to include the check in/out of campers and dorm supervision
- Recognize and respond appropriately to opportunities for group problem solving
- Provide opportunities for the group so that each individual experiences success while at camp
- Supervise, assist instructors and actively participate in all aspects of the campers’ day
- Observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques
- Meet/communicate regularly with Director regarding concerns, updates, challenges
- Provide parents appropriate feedback and information as needed for their campers to have a successful camp experience
- Maintain positive relationships with campers by showing sensitivity to campers’ emotional needs and problem solving any camper issues effectively
- Encourage respect for other campers’ personal property, school property, camp equipment and facilities
- Abide by all of The Bolles Swim camp policies and procedures as well as the standards set forth by the coaches’ safety training
- Set a good example for campers, including cleanliness, punctuality, respect, rules and demeanor
- Plan and participate in all camp activities with a positive attitude
- Execute all emergency procedures with safety of campers as the first concern
The Stingrays is conducting a search for a dynamic Assistant Coach. The RAYS is a multi-site team that operates out of pools in both Cobb and Cherokee County in Georgia. We currently have approximately 300+ swimmers ranging from age 5 to 18.
The Assistant Coach of the Stingrays demonstrates leadership and responsibility for the administration of aspects relating to the Cherokee location of the club. They will be involved in all aspects of the RAYS program, including (but not limited to) scheduling, training, performance, and safety.
1) Bachelor’s Degree is preferred (exercise science, education, or related field preferred).
2) Minimum of 3 years’ successful experience as an Age Group Coach with a USA Swimming team is preferred.
3) ASCA Level 3 or above preferred.
4) Excellent written and oral communication skills.
5) Positive and energetic presence with a passion for teaching technique.
6) Proficiency with Team Unify web services, meet entries, and communication.
7) Current CPR, First Aid, Coaches Safety, and Safe Sport certifications and membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
Preferred start date: May 1st, 2018 (the beginning of our long course season). The position will remain open until filled. Salary range $35,000-$40,000, commensurate with experience. With an excellent incentive and benefits package.
For more information about our team and programs, please visit our website at http://www.stingraysswimming.
with Bullis School
Bullis School in Potomac, Maryland is searching for a Head Varsity Swim Coach for the 2018-2019 winter season. We are a co-ed swimming and diving program for grades 9-12, with approximately 15-25 members. Practices are held in the evenings at a local high school and meets take place after school at 4:30pm or in the evening at 7:30pm depending upon the venue. The season begins on November 12 and ends approximately February 15. Communication and organizational skills a must. This is a part-time stipend position paid at the end of the season.
with Marina's Swim School
The swim instructor will be responsible for the direct service and implementation of Marina’s Swim School program, private lessons, and any enrichments program.
– WSI Certified $16-$30/hour based on experience
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting in record keeping and progress reports for instructional aquatics classes and enrichment classes.
- Assists with calendar and schedule for personal private lessons
- Assists with insuring that financial arrangements have been completed with participants and instructors before all classes and lessons
- Checks in and redeems private lesson usage on a daily basis by communicating with the Aquatics Director
- Answers questions about aquatics classes, lesson and program with current and prospective members
- Assists in communicating with parents of students about upcoming schedules, changes in schedules and any other important aquatics information
- To provide a safe and comfortable environment for all swimmers
- To teach all swimmers safety in and around the water
- To provide quality instruction that improves the skills and development of each student based on the Marina’s Swim School program
- Assist with aquatics department in daily cleaning and maintenance of the pool and aquatics facilities
- Enrichment class instruction
- Be an instructor for our swim camp classes and assist in training swim camp aquatic staff
- Works with other agency staff for agency-wide special events programs and other events as deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Other assignments as deemed necessary by the Aquatics Director.
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Previous experience working with children preferred teaching swim lessons
- CPR, and first aid
- Red Cross WSI preferred
- Great customer service skills
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Ability to work a consistent schedule
- A love of children and a desire to teach
with The Fort Belvoir Swim Team, Inc.
The Fort Belvoir Swim Team, Inc. is in need of a strong Assistant Coach and Manager. This position is looked to be filled in May 2018. Duties: Primary Coach during the months of May and June while public school is in session and spearhead summer pool openings. June-August: Assistant Coaching duties to include various assignments, groups, meet management/host. Pool Management: Spearhead one commercial pool as Site Manager and supervise other outdoor facilities daily for water quality, cleanliness, site inspections and inventory. Job will be 40+ hours per week. Pay is commensurate with experience. Options to continue coaching into the months of September and beyond should there be a mutual understanding and quality work having been performed. An ideal position for someone who is wishing to be a part of a successful organization, seeking growth within the field of aquatics, needing experience to fulfill college credits for intern/externship, or someone ready to take on a professional aquatics career.
with Joliet Y Jets Swim Team
Working with the SVP/COO, the Director of Competitive Swimming will be responsible for the vision, philosophy, administration and operation of the JETS Swim Team association-wide. Includes the budget planning, annual fundraising, development and administration of staff/coach recruitment, staff/coach training, yearly/association-wide team goals for all groups. Supervises and leads the Head Age Group Coach, Lead Site Coaches and all assistant coaches, and assists direction of all other Y staff supporting the JETS Swim team, including and not limited to training plans, progress reports and parent engagement. Works with the marketing team to raise awareness of the JETS team to recruit new swimmers and retain current swimmers. Communicates and educates families, swimmers, coaches and staff regarding policies and goals. Facilitates and strengthens relationship with JCSA Parent Board, including advisory board recruitment.
- Directs, organizes, and supervises all competitive swimming activities to meet YMCA objectives. Plans seasons, conducts practices for, at minimum, high school and senior level athletes and attends both regular season and championship meets.
- Assures that coaching staff plans seasons, conducts practices for age group and developmental levels, and attend meets.
- Plan training and swim meet schedule, execute entries, facilitate running tryouts and hosted meets with JCSA and volunteers. Schedule and secure practice locations.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with athletes, parents, and coaches; helps them connect with each other and the YMCA. Encourages parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
- Recruits, hires, trains, sets schedules for, and directs coaching personnel accordingly. Annually reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate and retain staff in addition to achieve program goals and objectives. Assures recruitment, training, development, of volunteer support, including officials.
- Manages JETS online presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Team Unify, etc, in compliance with Y-USA Brand Standards. Coordinates with Metro Marketing Department as needed.
- Creates educational opportunities for parents and swimmers such as clinics, presentations and meetings. Communicates with staff at host locations to inform of practices, meets, and other swimming related events.
- Conveys information and schedules as appropriate, including communication with parents regarding policies, reminders, progress reports and common questions.
- Responds to all inquiries in a timely manner.
- Facilitates the registration process for the JETS, including providing applicable forms and reference materials to membership staff at all team locations and setting up online registration through Team Unify. Manages collections of any dues and/or fees for service.
- Know and interact with all athletes, coaches and parents.
- Communicates effectively and collaborates with each location host branch staff.
- Coordinates activities, alongside JCSA, to promote JETS competitive and social activities.
- Assures compliance with YMCA Swimming & Diving and USA Swimming.
- Coordinates, schedules and leads staff meetings and trainings.
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
with Fit N Wise/Wise Health System
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: (but are not limited to)
- Provide a friendly, inviting, and competitive experience in an environment that will enhance the quality of life, physical and emotional well-being for individuals, families and employees through the swim team experience.
- Teach proper stroke fundamentals to team members while examining individual fitness needs and goals.
- Train and help educate the coaching assistants for swim team practice.
- Design/organize swim team practice schedules and additional swim team functions.
- Attend all swim meets and provide positive, constructive communication with team members and parents.
- Must be energetic, enthusiastic and have a motivational personality that enjoys working with children and adults of all ages.
- Will handle daily swim team functions, monthly billing, swim meet scheduling, workouts, organization of swim meets, parent volunteers as assigned by aquatics manager.
- Will conduct other duties as assigned by aquatics manager.
- Reports to FNW Aquatics Manager
Qualifications to be determined by the Manager:
- 1) Degree or equivalent experience in PE, Fitness, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, coaching children, youth or adult swimmers.
- 2) Knowledge and ability to demonstrate all swimming strokes (Fly, Back, Breast, Free)
- 1) ASCA II certification or ability to achieve certification within 30 days of hire.
- 2) USA Swim Coach qualified or ability to obtain USA Swim Coach Qualification (including all USA requirements within 30 days of hire.
- 3) CPR
- 4) Competitive swimming experience preferred
- 5) Lifeguard Certification
New Hires will have 60 days to acquire the required Basic Life Support (CPR, ACLS, PALS, BLS, and/or any other life support certifications required for the job).
OSHA TASK CATEGORY THREE:
- There is no anticipated risk of exposure to mucous membranes or skin contact with blood, body fluids, or tissues, or a potential for spills or splashed during the performance of the job.
- Universal precautions must be observed and protective devices worn by the employee when performing a task that is likely to cause exposure.
Employment standards include current requirements as determined by Federal, State, and Wise Health System policy.
- Non-Exempt Hourly
with Duke City Aquatics Inc
- Follow curriculum (Olympic Strokes or Olympic Development) set forth by Duke City Aquatics.
- Prepare and teach advanced techniques to 13 & under athletes.
- Provide training in a safe, fun, learning environment: usually Monday thru Friday 4:30 – 6:00 PM.
- Present self professionally at all times while on deck.
- Submit monthly report on attendance, performance and goal tracking.
- Potential to also work with Master/Tri-Athlete swimmers, not required.
with Memphis Thunder Aquatic Club
with SwimLabs Westchester
SwimLabs is now in New York Metro! We have 6 Olympic Training Center Quality Flumes in our SwimLabs facility in Westchester, NY and focus on underwater video analysis and fun learn to swim for people of all ages and skill levels.
If you are a certified lifeguard, a swim instructor or head coach or are looking to get into swim instruction then please apply. Coaches of all levels will love what our facility brings to them and their ability to teach with cutting edge-high tech equipment.
We are hiring for Full Time or Part Time positions.
Looking forward to reviewing your background.
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for these positions.
with Cato-Meridian Rec Center
The Cato Rec Center is currently hiring a head coach for our swim team for the 2018-2019 season. A USA swim coaching certification is not required at the time of hire, but will have to be obtained prior to the start of the swim season.
with Charles River Aquatics
Are you someone who is passionate, motivated, hardworking and loves working with children?!
Charles River Aquatics is perfect for you! We are looking someone who can provide direct leadership, instruction, and motivation for students in swimming classes. Someone who can build effective, authentic relationships with students and parents.
We also take pride in our ability to develop life skills through swimming. Our staff believes that self development is as important as stroke development. We aim to help every one of our swimmers, children and adults alike, to take on challenges and grow.
- Adapt your teaching approaches to the age, experience and ability of participants, so they can meet skill objectives.
- Teach with encouragement and positive reinforcement.
- Set up for pool lessons and clean up after lessons are completed.
- Communicate and enforce class and pool rules in a personable and age-appropriate manner.
- Provide consistency in instruction by working each assigned shift.
- Knowledge of swimming strokes and technique.
- Ability to show proficient swimming capability of the four strokes
- Self-motivated with the ability to work without supervision.
- Lifeguard/CPR/AED/First Aid to be obtained within 8 weeks of start date
- Physical ability to perform essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Excellent organizational, team, and communication skills.
- Minimum age 16 years old
We offer lesson 7 days week. We have availability weekdays in the afternoons 2:30pm-5:15, or Sundays 8:15am-4pm.
This job is part-time and pay will be $17 an hour.
with Swimtastic Swim School
Our Swim Instructors are the most important and valued part of our business. As a swim instructor, you will have the opportunity to teach both swimming and social skills that students will carry with them for the rest of their lives…there is no job more rewarding!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- The main focus of our swim instructors is to teach swimming skills in accordance to Swimtastic® curriculum in a fun, positive manor
- Provide continuous, positive corrective feedback to students and parents on their swimming efforts
- Structure class time appropriately to incorporate repetition, reinforcement, and introduction of required skills
- Ensure swimmer safety
- Maintain proper equipment and time organization to ensure timely class start times
- Provide Deck Supervisor with class information
- Provide parents with monthly, individualized feedback on swimmers after every lesson
- Required to maintain proper Swimtastic® uniform standards outlined in employee handbook
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
- Previous swim instruction experience is preferred
- Current CPR is required within 90 days of hire
- Training in the Swimtastic® curriculum will be provided
with SOUTHRIDGE AQUATIC RAIDER GATORS "SARG"
Southridge Aquatic Raider Gators (SARG) is seeking a highly motivated and knowledgeable individual for the Head Coach position with our well-established club. The Head Coach will work with swimmers, parents, and assistants to continue to build upon our tradition of over 20 years of swimming excellence in the Southern Indiana region. We offer all phases of swimming from: Lessons, Age Group with competition levels in USA Swimming as well as a Masters program.
Starting date: ASAP
Hours: Approximately 15 – 20 hours pool-side during the Short and Long Course seasons. Additional hours for administrative work and weekend meets are also expected. This is a Year Round program.
Responsibilities Include, but not limited to:
Developing a daily, weekly, and seasonal training program for all age groups.
Providing individual training feedback to swimmers on stroke technique, starts, turns, meet preparation, etc.
Planning a meet schedule that best fits the needs of the swimmers.
Attending all practices, meets, and functions that SARG is involved in.
Supervising assistant coaches and delegating tasks, as necessary.
Staying up to date on latest procedures and requirements of USA Swimming, as well as the latest training methodology and technology.
Must have all USA Swimming certification and coaching requirements (CPR, Safely Training for Swim Coaches, USA Background Check, Athlete Protection Training, Lifeguarding, etc.)
Passion for the sport of swimming, with past swimming experience a definite plus.
Open communication skills that facilitate relationships with swimmers, adults/ parents, assistants, and coaching staff of other clubs.
Ability to foster a positive team-oriented environment that brings out the best in each swimmer at every level.
Ability to multitask, reliable, punctual, and able to maintain strong ethical and confidentiality standards.
Efficient computer skills, and excellent organizational skills.
Negotiable based upon qualifications and experience.
with FRST Swimming
Under the direction of the FRST Head Coach, our Head Age Group Coach will help manage the swim team in accordance with the rules/regulations set forth by USA Swimming & the FRST By-Laws.
Head Age Group Coach must have a great ability to work well with our athletes, parents, and coaches. Head AG Coach will also be expected to assist in the growth both in numbers as well as performance. The Head Coach Position must also be heavily involved in communication (website, newsletters, meetings) as well community-based initiatives. FRST has every intention to continue its journey in becoming a nationally recognized program.