with YMCA of the Triangle Area (YOTA) Swim Team/William Peace University
We are thrilled to offer an amazing opportunity to a driven, professional-minded swim coach looking to grow, mature, and improve! This is a combined position as an assistant senior coach within the YMCA of the Triangle Area (YOTA) Swim Team and an assistant coach with the newly formed William Peace University Men’s and Women’s swimming team.
YMCA of the Triangle Area (YOTA) Swim Team:
This is a part-time position assisting our top two senior level groups (Gold and Platinum) within the Raleigh site of our YOTA Swim Team. YOTA consistently produces elite athletes at the highest level of USA Swimming. During the past 5 years, we have had multiple Olympic Trials qualifiers, National Junior Team members, Youth Olympians, Junior and Senior National qualifiers, and a ton of YMCA national qualifiers, scorers, and champions. We are looking for someone to help expand on our tradition of top level senior swimming. We have tons of opportunities for growth and development for the right candidate. Our part-time hourly rate is very competitive. This position offers around 30 hours of work per week, mostly on the pool deck (with office hours available if desired).
William Peace University:
We are blessed to have an amazing partnership with a local premier Division 3 school in Raleigh, William Peace University. With a brand new program up and running, we are looking for someone that is interested to help us grow and succeed at the regional and national level. We have a young team and a bright future. This is a paid part-time salaried assistant position with William Peace University.
This combined position (with both YOTA and WPU) provides the right candidate with ample opportunities to coach elite level club and collegiate athletes. The ideal candidate should be hungry, charismatic, hard-working, and optimistic. We are excited to add someone special to the YOTA/WPU Swimming family and look forward to hearing from you!
with Hickory Willow Swim Association
Hickory Willow Swim Association is a 165 athlete swim club that trains primarily out of A.A. Stagg High School is Palos Hills, IL. HWSA seeks an experienced coach that will serve as its Head Age Group Coach. Candidates must have a least 3 years of experience coaching 14 and unders, preferably as a Head Age Group Coach but not necessary. This coach should have the passion and desire for the sport, have the ability to inspire their athletes so they can strive to reach their goals.
- Writing season plan for group
- Writing daily workouts
- Run dryland for group
- Arrive to all practices and meets at least 15 minutes before the start of each
- Attend all meets
- Maintain appropriate attendance all year in all groups
- Weekly or bi-weekly communication with parents via email newsletter
- Return all parent/athlete emails or phone calls in a timely manner
- Report to Head Coach of HWSA
- Working knowledge of Team Unify and Hy-Tek systems
- Maintain athlete attendance records
- Current certifications including all required USA Swimming coach certs
- Must pass a background check from USA Swimming before officially being hired
Salary: Competitive, based on experience.
Other Compensation: reimbursement of all certification expenses, training, per diem at travel meets, vacation and sick days.
with Fullerton Aquatics Sports Team
Fullerton Aquatics Sports Team (FAST) seeks a Full-Time Assistant Coach for the competitive swim team. The position consists of 25-30 hours per week on deck with swimmers of all ages, including Masters and post-graduates. Additional time will be dedicated to meet entries, communication with team families, organization of team events, and meet management.
FAST is a non-profit club with approximately 225 athletes. Two pool sites in North Orange County are utilized for team practices. We pursue excellence in every arena in which we compete, from novice swimmers to Olympians. In 2017 FAST earned Silver Medal Club recognition and placed two 18 & Under athletes on the U.S. National Team for Open Water.
Ideal applicant has:
- Experience with swimmers of all ages
- Interest in teaching at every level
- Willingness to learn, experiment, and evolve
- Personal experience in competitive swimming
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Team Unify and Hytek platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in any field
- USA Swimming coach certifications and background check clearance
- Available to coach early mornings, evenings, and weekends
- Ability to assist at both practice sites (car required)
- Attend meets as assigned
- Assist with set up and clean up of hosted meets
Pay is commensurate with experience.
Resumes will be reviewed beginning Monday, August 14th.
with Tidal Wave Swimming
Tidal Wave Swim Foundation INC. is an age group USA swim team with approximately 275 swimmers for the fall of 2017. We operate out of two facilities, one in Powder Springs Ga. and another in Acworth Ga.
We currently have 2 full time assistant coaching positions open. Applicants must be flexible in ability and willingness to coach a variety of developmental levels.
Salary is competitive with other programs in the Metro Atlanta area and will be determined by the experience and expertise of the applicants. Employment will begin in September with orientation prior.
Position responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
-Report to Head Coach and/ or site Lead Coach
-Primary coaching responsibilities of age group training groups (Design and oversee training programs)
-Communicate effectively with other coaches, swimmers and parents
-Attend all required meets
-Meet entries and other administrative responsibilities
-Marketing of the team and recruitment of new athletes
These positions will remain open until filled.
For more information about Tidal Wave Swimming, go to our Team Unify site at:
with Unified Aquatics Club
The Unified Aquatics Club (UAC), a registered USA swim team with approximately 120 swimmers, is looking for an Age Group Coach for our Challenge group, which is mostly nine to eleven year olds. This group trains and participates at a competitive level of swimming.
Duties include, writing workout sets, working with age group level swimmers on stroke technique, starts & turns, endurance, coordinating meet entries, attending all meets in which age group swimmers are participating, and attending team functions. Candidates should be flexible and feel comfortable working with all age groups.
This is a part-time position for approximately 6-8 hours per week on deck coaching practices plus an average of two weekends per month for swim meets.
with Swim Atlanta
The position of Head Age Group coach is to serve as the primary age group coach at SwimAtlanta Midway. He/She should have a passion for the sport and an ability to inspire all swimmers at SwimAtlanta to reach their goals. He/she should be able to communicate effectively with parents and swimmers. The Head Age Group coach should have an innovative mindset, be able to coach and develop all levels and ages of this location, design practices appropriate for swimmer 14 & under and senior swimmers, and determine training levels appropriate for the area. Professionalism, maturity, leadership skills, and integrity should be displayed at all times.
Running and directing the 14 & Under side of the program.
Attend all meets
Maintain appropriate attendance through the year in all groups.
Covering Practices – will be in charge of finding subs or personally covering groups if a sub is not available.
Ensure all groups are covered (if no other substitute can be found the head age group coach will sub if necessary)
Attend team & LSC coaches meetings
Prepare seasonal meet and practice schedules
Recruiting – Coordinate recruiting from all local summer teams, visiting weekly summer league meets, summer stroke clinics, county meets, etc.
Tryouts – Conduct and coordinate tryouts for the year for all swimmers looking to make the team
Office hours – Maintain 1 – 2 hr/day. The Head Age group coach will return all calls directed toward the team. He/She will also arrange team and parent meetings if necessary
Aquathon Schedule – will be developed and overseen
Seasonal Clinics – Organize seasonal clinics
Salary – Individually discussed but very competitive salary. Full benefits along with 401k are available.
with Nittany Lion Aquatic Club
Qualifications and Requirements:
- USA Swimming coach certification. CPR, Coaches Safety, Athlete Protection, and Background Check.
- 3-5 years’ experience coaching competitive swimming.
- Proficient in Hy-Tek swimming software and Team Unify platform.
- Review, coordinate and supervise workouts and practices for all training groups. Personally coaching Senior Prep, Senior and/or Senior Blue training groups.
- Determine short- and long-course meet schedules with Board approval. Complete meet entry forms, travel with swimmers to meets or ensure the availability of other coaches at meets.
- Coordinate the staffing assignments of coaches ensuring all practice sessions and meets are adequately staffed in a manner consistent with budgetary constraints.
- Coordinate with the Manager of Aquatic Facilities at Penn State to ensure pool availability.
- Act as a liaison between NLAC and Middle Atlantic Swimming, attending pertinent Middle Atlantic meetings.
- Maintain NLAC’s Team Unify website, including disbursement of meet information and updating swimmers’ times.
- Maintain membership registration.
- In conjunction with Treasurer, bill and maintain record of payment.
- Attend NLAC Board meetings and report on the status of the team, staff, goals and objectives as well as hold an annual meeting with parents.
- Maintain a presence in the community to actively promote NLAC and recruit new membership.
- Work with Board and parents to generate fund raising events.
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with qualifications. NLAC provides full reimbursement for approved swim meet expenses as well as an educational fund. A contract will be offered.
with Fordham University
Fordham university: volunteer assistant
Fordham University invites applications for the position of Volunteer Assistant Coach, Men’s and Women’s Swimming, in the department of Athletics. Fordham University is an NCAA Division I institution and member of the Atlantic 10 Conference. On deck duties coaching and assists with the coaching of the overall program.
- Bachelor’s degree and related experience
- College/Club coaching experience and/or collegiate swimming experience
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Ability to coach student athletes in the sport of swimming
HOW TO APPLY
Send letter of interest, current resume and contact info for three references to [email protected]
441 E. Fordham Rd
Bronx, NY 10458
with Wichita Swim Club
Wichita Swim Club
Full Time Asst. Head Coach
The Wichita Swim Club (WSC) in Wichita, KS is seeking an experienced and qualified individual for the position of Full Time Asst. Head Coach.
Wichita Swim Club was formed in 1954 and has seen swimmers selected to US Olympic teams, the US Paralympic team, as well as many USA International teams. WSC has nearly 300 swimmers in its competitive programs and an average of 400-600 swimmers in its swim school program. WSC owns and operates its own 50 meter x 25 yard pool and facility on the campus of The Independent School, a private school in Wichita. Wichita is the largest city in the state of Kansas. It is often called the Air Capital of the world and is home to several large corporations. Wichita provides all of the amenities one would want from a large city, while maintaining a small community feel. It is a vibrant and growing community.
WSC is seeking an individual to be the lead coach for the National Prep squad (2nd highest in the program), lead an age group squad, and to be the Asst. to the Head Coach. In this role the candidate will be called upon for many administrative duties.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Seasonal plan and workout development /execution for the National Prep Squad
- Coaching other squads as assigned
- Attend swim meets as assigned 1-2 per month.
- Meet entries for assigned squads as well as compiling and submitting meet entries for WSC
- Monthly Staff Schedule Calendar
- Oversee Staff certifications
- Develop local clinics for High School and Summer League participants
- Assist Head Coach in training of Staff
- Assist Head Coach in yearly planning of program
- Assist Meet Director for hosted meets (6-8) per year doing much of the admin work for meet entries.
- Other duties as assigned
- All required USA Swimming certifications up to date including current background screening and athlete protection.
- ASCA level 3 certification preferred
- At least 5 years of coaching experience with a proven record of athlete improvement
- Experience with Team Unify and Hy-Tek meet manager
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health and dental plan for employee
with YMCA of Greater Toledo
Under the direction of the District Aquatics Director and in accordance with Association policies, the Ft. Meigs YMCA Aquatics/Swim Team Director is responsible for the management of the entire Aquatics Lifeguard Team for the Fort Meigs YMCA branch of the YMCA of Greater Toledo and the Perrysburg City pool. The Aquatics/Swim Team Director will also function as the head swim team coach for the Ft. Meigs YMCA. This position will lead the development and implementation of innovative curriculum and activities, supervising, guiding and developing staff to ensure that participant’s development occurs in a fun, healthy and safe environment, and ensuring program outcomes are consistently achieved.
The Aquatics Swim Team Director must be 21 years old, a high school graduate, certified Lifeguard with current CPR, First Aid, AED and O2 certificates. Demonstrate proven ability to display initiative, good judgment and ability to make decisions independently. Able to demonstrate written and verbal communication skills; public speaking, capacity to prepare reports, and conduct in-service programs. A minimum of two years of experience in coaching competitive swimming is a must. Possess competent computer skills in the Windows environment. Willing to learn the YMCA ThinSoft Program and continue the YMCA Leadership Model.
- Lead Branch Aquatics operations by providing direction, leadership, support, and efficiencies for team members through strategic planning, administrative standardization, registration, quality standards, and risk management according to the YMCA of Greater Toledo’s Aquatics Standards.
- Ensures that daily care of members, teens and families is a key priority by showing leadership towards staff and volunteers in accordance with the organization’s policies, mission and applicable laws at both the Ft Meigs YMCA and the Perrysburg Municipal Pool.
- Hire, supervise, train and evaluate aquatic staff.
- Prepare and conduct all in-services, trainings, and meetings.
- Schedule and supervise lifeguards and swim instructors. Fill in for absent staff as needed. Help to secure subs as necessary.
- Perform safety checks weekly and live drills as least 1 per month and other suggested Association Aquatics Audits.
- Will input and set up swim lesson schedules in computer system in a timely basis to ensure YMCA member’s ability to register as needed.
- Attend all branch weekly staff meetings.
- Assist the District Aquatics Director with payroll duties.
- Be responsible for the complete management of the swim team program including but not limited to coaching, training, and conditioning of the swim team members, meet entries, organizing parent volunteers and ensuring that the swim team program abides by all rules set by the YMCA of Greater Toledo, the YMCA of the USA, and USA Swimming.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Swim Team Parents Group.
- Classify competitive swimmers and assign them to competitive events at inter squad meets, dual meets, and YMCA invitational meets.
- Will provide leadership in coordinating the all pool schedules.
- Assist with equipment monitoring and ordering.
- Coordinate, communicate and conduct special pool events to YMCA members and staff.
- Work through the Y Improvement Model all tasks and objectives.
- Take an active leadership role in the Annual Campaign.
- Inspect the premises daily for any hazardous conditions and report any findings to the Property Manager and the Associate Executive Director.
- Assist in development and implementation of the Branch Aquatics program communication/marketing plan and strategies.
- Requires flexible hours to work evenings and weekends.
- Accountable to the District Aquatics Director for execution of policies and procedures of the Association.
- Serve as Assistant City Pool manager of the Perrysburg city pool operations including assisting in hiring, training and supervision of all lifeguards, swim instructors, and concessions staff.
- Assist in the Budgeting Process.
- Any other responsibilities deemed necessary by the Associate Executive Director and District Aquatics Director
with CYPRESS FAIRBANKS SWIM CLUB (Fleet)
Cypress Fairbanks Swim Club (CFSC), a 2017 USA-Swimming Silver Medal Club, is looking to bring on another full-time coach to our staff. CFSC is looking for an enthusiastic coach to assist with our expanding senior program, up through the National level. The successful candidate will be motivated and organized.
At least four years coaching experience, preferably with some experience at the senior level (age 15 and over with Junior Nationals). Collegiate swimming experience a plus;
Working knowledge of TeamUnify and OME;
Excellent time management skills, and experience coordinating logistics for team travel;
Excellent customer service and decision-making skills;
Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
with North Texas Nadadores
Head Coach Position available with the North Texas Nadadores in Southlake, Texas.
The North Texas Nadadores (NTN) is a USA Swimming Silver Medal Club, operated by Carroll Independent School District. NTN has 350 USA Swimming registered swimmers, along with a 125+ stroke team feeder program, and a learn-to-swim program. NTN practices at the indoor Southlake Carroll Aquatic Center, (50 meters by 25 yards).
NTN brings in a rich history of aquatic excellence and works closely in a highly cooperative nature with the top high school swimming and diving program in the state and country. The cooperative nature of the two programs yields some of the best athletes in each program including the Boys public school NISCA Power-Point National Champions for the last three years and Boys UIL State Champions for the last seven years in a row. The girls program won the NISCA Power-Point overall National Champions in 2012 and were State UIL champions in 2012 & 2013. The NTN is looking for a coach with a cooperative spirit and has goals for complimenting both programs as a whole.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate!
This is a full-time position with school district benefits and options to enroll in individual health and retirement benefits. The right applicant should possess the following:
- ASCA Level 4 or higher certification
- Current Coach Member in good standing with USA Swimming (background, CPR, First Aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches)
- 5+ years swim coaching experience
- Proven success coaching Novice through Championship, Age Group Swimmers (5 to 19 yrs. old)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Cooperative and respectful communication style with swimmers, parents and co-workers
- Strong core values that include respect, trust and integrity
- Ability to provide consistent, positive motivation to primary ages of 14 to 19 yrs. old
- Recognition of the value of every swimmer and the “developmental” nature of Age Group kids.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Well-versed in Team Unify, Hy-Tek Team Manager and Meet Manager
- Passion and enthusiasm for competitive swimming and a “desire to excel” professionally.
Compensation is based on experience. Professional membership and extra coaching education provided.
We are currently accepting applications at the Carroll ISD Aquatic Center web-site (www.southlakecarroll.edu). For more information on our NTN team, visit our club web-site at www.ntnadadores.com. Direct questions to Charles Logan, Aquatics Manager Carroll ISD at, [email protected].
Position will remain open until filled.
Position will remain open until filled.
with Freehold-Old Bridge YMCA Swim Team
The Freehold-Old Bridge YMCA (FOBY) swim team is hiring part-time swim coaches for it’s age group program. Up to 20 hours a week is available Monday-Friday 4:30-8:30 pm including weekend meets. Experience as a swim instructor, competitive swimming and or coaching desired.
with California Capital Aquatics
******THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED**********
California Capital Aquatics (CCA) in Roseville, CA is excited to announce that we are beginning our search to hire a Director of Competitive Development! This position will be our staff member who helps introduce CCA and USA Swimming to our newer swim families. This position will require strong teaching and communication skills, broad knowledge of USA Swimming and the difference families will experience transitioning from seasonal swimming, the ability to organize and co-manage other CCA programs (Pre-Team/Fall Program), and most importantly the ability to show how swimming can be FUN!
-Setting the curriculum for our Blue, White and Pre-White programs
– Maintain a training database (test sets, training averages, season plans) that can be shared with the coaching staff
– Work with the Head Coach and Head Age Group Coach to develop and promote additional CCA programs (Pre-Team Program, Fall Programs, clinics)
– Attend all meets where Blue/White/Pre-White groups participate
– Promote a positive relationship with local seasonal teams
– Work with our Membership Coordinator to develop an education curriculum for our newer members
– Attend staff meetings/clinics as directed by Head Coach
– Consistently and effectively communicate to swimmers, membership, and staff to create a cohesive team atmosphere at CCA
– Educate families about volunteering opportunities both for CCA and Sierra Nevada Swimming (Officials, Zones, etc.).
– Management of assistant coaches who work with Blue/White/Pre-White programs.
– Organize a regular tryout schedule/system and coordinate scheduling with CCA Membership Director and Head Age Group Coach
– 25 to 30 hours a week plus required meets (between approximately 4:30-8:15pm M-F)
– Member in good standing with USA Swimming and current on all background checks and certifications
– Current ASCA Member (Level 2+ or higher)
– Strong and consistent communication with staff and membership (weekly emails, updates to website)
– Complete administrative tasks in a timely manner as directed by Head Coach/ Head Age Group Coach
– Familiarity with Team Unify and other swimming related software
– 5+ Years of USA Coaching Experience
– Personal Competitive Swimming Background (USA Swimming/ College Swimming)
– Dryland Coaching Experience
– Experience with GoPro Video/Software
– Public Speaking experience/ Education experience (running a classroom setting)
Compensation: Starting at $33,000 for those meeting minimum requirements, additional compensation possible based on experience and skill set of the selected candidate. Additional benefits include retirement, reimbursement for travel expenses and coach education costs, and overtime. This a non-exempt position. Anticipated start date would be Friday, August 25th.
Additional information: Qualified/interested candidates may have opportunities to be involved in coaching positions with local high schools for additional compensation.
with TAC TITANS
The primary responsibility of these position is to create, and implement a comprehensive, high-performance training program for the TAC TITANS Elite and Challenge Track age-group swimmers in alignment with the Triangle Aquatic Center and the TAC TITANS missions. Program development includes athlete leadership development as well as competitive development within an aligned coaching philosophy that will meet the needs of all athletes competing at the highest level as well as providing a clear pathway for younger, developing swimmers. The secondary responsibility of this position is to grow the TAC TITANS swim team measured by swimmer registration, retention and performance recognition.
The TAC TITANS are a fast growing and successful team as they recently won both the 2017 North Carolina State Short and Long course age group championships. The TITANS are located in Cary, North Carolina. This Triangle Region of North Carolina is consistently recognized as the best place for business and the best place to live, work and play in the country. It is home to Raleigh, the capital of NC and three highly recognized universities, Duke, UNC-Chapel Hill and NC State. The Triangle is a prosperous community of nearly 2 Million people with 44% earning a college degree. The Triangle Aquatic Center is geographically centered in the heart of the Triangle. TAC is a 72,000 sf public aquatic facility with a 50-meter pool, a 10-lane 25-yard pool, an instruction pool, stadium seating, store and café.
Salary/hourly wage determined based on prior experience