- Develops a fundamental knowledge and maintains compliance of rules and regulations governing intercollegiate athletics while working within the department’s rules, regulations, and policies.
- Supports an environment that emphasizes academics as a priority, making every effort to ensure that all student-athletes meet academic requirements, while working to integrate sports into the academic life of the University.
- Oversee and assist in monitoring student-athletes academics, study hall requirements, communication with athletic-student advisers, and facilitates study hours on the road.
- Supports discipline in the program, promotes fairness, understanding and protectiveness of student-athletes while motivating them.
- Helps to create an environment of cooperation and continuous improvement, maintaining positive communications supporting the athletic program, the University and University staff.
- Educates student-athletes by emphasizing fundamental skills, conditioning tactics, meet preparation strategies, and building confidence.
- Focus on developing student-athlete’s character in and out of the pool by exposing them to various methods of growth, physically, mentally, and emotionally.
- Modeling and building desired traits in building the character and culture of the team by establishing and maintaining team principles, holding team accountable, conducting yourself with integrity, identifying and correcting a bad habit.
- Assisting with home swim meet operations. Including communicating the needs of set up and breakdown of swim meet. Facilitating with meet set up and breakdown. Running of the meet. Ordering, paying, and distributing of team meals.
- Assisting with arrangements of travel meets; submitting travel roster, requesting per diem, ordering and paying for all travel meals, arranging pick up of food, setting up and cleaning of team meals, researching best quote for hotel arrangement, booking hotel rooms once approved, assign rooming list, completing team bed checks, and all other travel needs.
- Participates in marketing and promotional activities with media, alumni and civic group consistent with the objectives of the athletic program on Instagram, Facebook, and twitter.
- Participates and assists with recruiting effectively by making phone calls, creating and maintaining email conversations, evaluating and recruiting at swim meets, conversing with parents, giving campus tours, completing and managing all recruiting evaluations, assisting with unofficial and official visits by creating itineraries, booking travel arrangements, assigning hosts, assigning class sit in options, scheduling and any travel-related activities of prospective student-athletes.
- Assist in leading and facilitating practices for all swimmers, groups and dry land sessions.
- Assist with all compliance forms related to student athletes and perspective student athletes.
- Assist with administrative work, planning of fundraising events and volunteer events assigned by Head Coach.
- Assist with the completion of CARA practice logs, ordering of team gear and managing assistance with team parent group.
- Has strong organization skills, and working knowledge of computer systems and various software systems.
This position serves as Campus Security Authority (CSA) as outlined by the Clery Act. CSAs have federally mandated responsibilities to report crimes that are reported them.