Applications due 08/09/22
Date posted: July 15, 2022
Location: 4120 West Mango Avenue, Tampa, FL, USA
Greater Tampa Swim Association (GTSA), is seeking an Assistant Swim Coach with relevant experience for our year-round swim program. This individual reports to the Aquatic Director, and Head Coach and assists in the design, planning, and implementation of the GTSA program with primary responsibility for teaching and coaching developmental and age group swimmers. Duties may include but are not limited to; organizing and coaching practices, some administration work, and attending meets. The candidate must be an enthusiastic team player with a flexible, outgoing attitude and passion for swimming. The competitive team was established in 1957 and currently has over 150+ swimmers and is looking to build upon this success. Compensation is determined by candidate qualifications and experience.
• Good standing with USA Swimming (CPR, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, Athlete Protection, Concussion Protocol Training, Background check, Coaches Advantage Training, Foundations of Coaching) or the ability to obtain the certifications.
• 4-year College Degree
• Prior coaching or competitive swimming experience
• Attend daily workouts and swim meets as assigned by the Aquatic Director/Head Coach
• Work with the Aquatic Director/Head Coach to develop and implement seasonal, weekly, and daily training plans for the group
• Teach and train the swimmers in proper stroke techniques and racing strategies as appropriate for the age and developmental level of the group
• Develop and maintain healthy relationships with the swimmers and their parents
• Maintain daily workouts and attendance records for the group
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• TeamUnify and/or Hytek
• Entry-level social media skills
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Skills in program planning and development.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three work-related references to: [email protected] For questions, please contact Todd Hoffmeier, Aquatic Director at 813-493-1374 or via email. We are ideally looking to have this candidate start ASAP (willing to work with the applicant).
2311 S Lois Ave
Tampa, FL 33629