Date posted: July 18, 2023
Location: 126 Seneca School Rd, Harmony, PA 16037, USA
The Seneca Valley Swim Club is seeking a motivated, innovative, and inspirational assistant coach to collaborate with our head coach to continue to grow our team and improve the performance of our swimmers. SVSC has a rich history and culture built upon our mission to be one of the premier swim clubs in Western PA.
SVSC is a non-profit, year-round, USA Swimming competitive swim team of 100+ swimmers that is managed by a Parent Board of Directors. Our competitive program consists of six levels: Senior, Gold, Silver, Bronze, Novice, and Junior. We are located in Harmony, PA (near Cranberry Twp/Pittsburgh, PA) and our practice facility is located at Seneca Valley Main Campus. The team is currently growing and is located in an area with an increasing population.
The Assistant Coach position is a part-time position that requires 3-6 days/week commitment (2-4 hrs/day coaching) plus weekend meets approximately 1-2 times per month. Some additional off-deck time required to fulfill coaching duties and responsibilities (e.g., practice planning, meet entries, etc). The position offers hourly pay and reimbursement for certification/educational fees required for the position. ($30,000+ salary based on experience for approximately 11-month season.) Potential opportunity to join the SV High School Swim and Dive Varsity Staff for 2023-2024 season (separate from SVSC and includes additional pay though the school district). With excellent performance and commitment, the candidate may be presented with a potential growth opportunity in the club and additional responsibility.
SVSC is a great place to work and the position is open with a start date of ASAP. Interested applicants should send a letter of interest and resume to the Head Coach, Brian Blackwell, at [email protected].
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide input to head coach to develop and implement year-round and seasonal training plans for your training group
- Coach/manage a training group to ensure the teaching of proper stroke technique and implementation of the training plan
- Inspire, encourage, and motivate each swimmer to realize their full potential in the sport of swimming
- Teach life skills such as self-discipline, self-confidence, good sportsmanship, goal setting and working to achieve goals
- Assign meet events/entries to swimmers and ensure swimmers are entered in meets
- Coach training group/team at meets (1-2 meets/per month)
- High School graduate with Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior swim coaching experience at a competitive swimming program.
- Knowledge of proper swimming technique, training science, and stroke/distance specific racing background.
- Detail oriented with excellent communication and organization skills
- Experience using Team Unify (preferred)
Licenses/Certifications/Registrations (Currently Hold or Ability to Obtain):
- Certified coaching member of USA Swimming
- ASCA Level 2 certification or higher (preferred)
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest and resume to the Head Coach, Brian Blackwell, at [email protected].