Applications due 06/24/21
Date posted: June 14, 2021
Location: 600 West Walnut Street, Danville, KY, USA
Title: Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach
Work Schedule: Travel as necessary for games and recruiting
Department: Athletics & Recreation Updated: 06/21
Characteristics of the Class:
Under supervision of the Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach, provide assistance in the leadership of appropriate coaching, recruiting, and administrative duties for nationally competitive Division III swimming and diving programs. Individual reports to the Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach as well as to the Deputy AD (or designee) with a secondary duty to be assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in organizing, preparing and conducting practices, trainings, and competition;
- Recruit student-athletes in accordance with all Centre College, Southern Athletic Association, and NCAA rules and regulations;
- Assist in directing appropriate aspects of the team;
- Assist with the holistic development of swimming and diving student-athletes;
- Represent the program and the College to students, parents, alumni, and the general public;
- Assist in managing the daily operations and administration facets of the swimming and diving program;
- Actively participate in department-wide initiatives;
- Contribute to the overall success of the program and the department by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Head Coach, Director of Athletics, or designee;
- Appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of many social, economic, cultural, ideological, racial, and ethnic backgrounds;
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree with previous collegiate experience as a player or a coach; previous collegiate coaching experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
Demonstrated knowledge of the sport of swimming and diving and its rules; ability to foster a team environment; demonstrated coaching skills in sport of swimming and diving; knowledge of travel, planning, and scheduling; a commitment to the NCAA Division III philosophy of athletics, sufficient knowledge of NCAA and SAA rules and regulations, and a demonstrated ability to successfully recruit, retain, and mentor student-athletes; the ability, and desire, to work successfully within a team-oriented athletic department.
Moderate physical activity. Required handling of average – weight objects up to 25 pounds.
How to Apply
The position of Assistant Men’s & Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach is now posted.
To learn more about this position and/or to apply online, please visit: www.centre.jobs