with YMCA of Indiana County
Under the direction of the Director of Aquatics, or other assigned staff, the Swim Team Coach will hire, train and supervise staff and volunteers to operate the swim team program in accordance with all applicable codes and YMCA of the USA guidelines. This person is responsible for all aspects of running the competitive program. This person must demonstrate a commitment to YMCA Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility. The YMCA of Indiana County Piranhas is a year round team of more than 110 swimmers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, promote and manage the competitive swim team in an efficient and fun manner consistent with the YMCA of Indiana County standards.
- Recruit, hire, train and evaluate qualified staff and volunteers to effectively operate programs of the department as budgeted and approved.
- Prepares, promotes and manages swim meets and volunteer leadership for all swim levels during the short course and long course seasons.
- Develop a season plan to prepare swimmers for the physical and emotional growth and write and maintain daily workout plans to accomplish season plans. Maintain practice group attendance records.
- Communicate effectively with swimmers and parents to achieve team established goals.
- Be available during practices and meets to provide ongoing member and participant service. Visit with parents to establish relationships with participants.
- Maintains safety at all times during practices, swim meets or other team functions. Acquire and maintain necessary certification as established by the YMCA or USA Swimming.
- Participate in required meetings and training sessions as well as Piranha Swim Team Parents Organization meetings.
- Attend all swim team functions, representing the Y in a professional manner. Assume responsibility for conduct of swim team members.
- Assume all other responsibilities as deemed necessary or assigned.
- Other related duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in physical education or related field preferred.
- 3+ years Competitive swimming experience, knowledge of competitive swimming or previous coaching experience is required. Preferably ASCA certified and has completed Principles of Competitive Swimming
- CPR, First Aid & Lifeguard Certification Required
- Experience with Hy-tek Meet Manager, Hy-tek Team Manager, TeamUnify TouchPad and TeamUnify Swim Office preferred
- Experience in personnel supervision, recruitment, training, and development of staff and volunteers.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with staff, volunteers, members, parents, parent advisory board and the general public is essential. Good organizational and written/oral skills necessary.
- Ability to delegate appropriate responsibilities to the staff in order to accomplish the necessary duties.
- Must be able to supervise, direct, and guide all competitive swimming programs with knowledge of the association’s short and long term goals.
- Good human relation skills with the ability to relate to swimmers of all ages. Possess understanding of teaching skills, relating to various age and skill levels to the particular age group of swimmers.
SALARY RANGE: commensurate with experience
with Assumption College
BASIC PURPOSE: To assist the Head Coach in all phases of conducting the intercollegiate Swimming & Diving program at Assumption College including, but not limited to, recruiting, scouting, practice and game planning and implementation, academic supervision, and fund raising.
- Adheres to the purpose and accountabilities of an assistant coach, and performs duties as assigned by the Head Coach in relation to coaching the team.
- Assist the Head Coach in organizing, supervising, coordinating and evaluating practice sessions, games and conditioning programs with the purpose of guiding and instructing student/athletes.
- Assist in monitoring the academic performance of the student-athletes in the program.
- Adhere to all NCAA, Northeast-10 Conference and Assumption College standards, rules and regulations.
- Participate in recruitment program of prospective student/athletes.
- If assigned duties include off-campus recruiting, must annually successfully complete the NCAA Recruiting Exam.
- Assist in scouting activities for the program.
- Participate in selected special College events such as: Student/Athlete Candlelight Service, Hall of Fame Dinner, First-Year Orientation, Student/Athlete Awards Ceremony, College Admissions activities, etc.
- Serves as a Campus Security Authority for Clery reporting purposes and a Responsible Employee for Title IX reporting purposes.
- Must be willing to contribute actively to the mission of the College as well as show respect for the Catholic and Assumptionist identity of Assumption College.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Coaching experience, preferably at the college level.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Competency with current technology.
- Interacts with student/athletics, other college administrators, parents, and representatives on and off campus.
- Maintains regular contact with members of the team.
- Strongly encouraged to participate in the college sponsored driver certification program.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Work may, on occasion, involve exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- Moderate physical activity.
- May require physical effort including lifting up to 25 pounds and some extended periods of standing or walking
with Zionsville Swim Club
Zionsville Swim Club (Indiana) is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time assistant to work with both age group & senior athletes. We are looking for coaches that have a love of swimming and enjoy helping develop young people. Zionsville SC has a supportive community, a professional coaching staff and motivated athletes.
Full-time and reports directly to the ZSC Head Coach and Head Age Group Coach. Approximately 25-30 hours weekly for on deck coaching with additional 10-15 hours of administrative duties expected. with the addition of swimming meets one or two weekends each month. Start Date: September 1, 2017 or when position is filled
ZSC is a Bronze Medal Club with Level 3 Recognition with 300+ members. ZSC operates out of Zionsville Community High School year round and also outdoors during the summer at Azionaqua Swim Club. Zionsville is located about 20 miles northwest of downtown Indianapolis.
- Establish and maintain communications with both athletes and parents.
- Assist in the design of seasonal training plans for age group training squads.
- Responsible for leading and/or assisting one or more of the club’s training squads through both dryland and water training.
- Attend competitions as assigned by Head Age Group Coach
- Create a positive team environment that inspires excellence
- Help select individual’s meet events and complete training squad entries in TeamUnify.
- College Degree
- Competitive Swimming Experience
- Coaching Experience
- Able to meet USA-Swimming Coaching Safety Requirements and pass all applicable background checks prior to starting employment.
- Salary $28-30,000
- Approved expense reimbursement for training and travel
with Miami University
The Assistant Director position is designed to assist the Associate Director, Aquatic Center in the administration of the Aquatic Center so that the health and well being of patrons and staff is upheld to the highest standard. The Assistant Director assumes functional and administrative responsibility for aquatic special events, and the event staff and also assistants with the Makos Swim Program.
Areas of responsibility:
- Required to perform duties with limited supervision and will be responsible for making significant independent decisions
- Direct and manage swim, dive, water polo and synchronized swimming events
- Direct the Event Technician staff (5-7 students), including training, supervision, hiring, recruitment, discipline, and scheduling
- Assist the Makos head coach with administrative and coaching activities including but not limited scheduled practices, swim meets, and extra activities.
- Prepare and present all aquatic event SOP’s, all event evaluations, and all event financial summaries
- Distribute evaluations to all meet hosts and summarize the results
- Manage event requests, facility reservations, and daily rentals in computer scheduling software.
- Direct and/or compile reports and proposals related to programs and special events.
- Direct and compile internal and external public relations
- Provide supervision of the Recreational Sports Center and equipment safety checks to ensure the safety and well-being of patrons
- Assist Associate Director with the development, recommendation, and management of aquatic budget
- Responsible for the management and operation of aquatic center scoreboard/video board, to include creating graphics, managing rotation of advertisers, managing slide shows, and appropriate maintenance
- Attend regional and national conferences/meetings
- Assist with the meet bidding process at United States Aquatic Sports, Inc.
- Assist with HDRBS department special events as requested
- Assists with the direct and functional supervision of 65-75 lifeguard staff, equivalent of 5-6 full time employees
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in physical education, sports administration, recreation or related field or experience in a large multi-use aquatic facility supervising programs and special events
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training, First Aid, CPR/PR certifications/or completed within 3months of hire
- Experience in staging special events
- Master’s degree preferred
- American Red Cross CPR/FA/LG instructor certifications, or WSIT, LGIT certifications.
- Computer experience to include Excel, Word, Colorado Timing Systems, and, Max Galaxy Max Solutions or similar scheduling software.
- Experience in digital, print and social marketing; sponsorship; graphic design
- Previous Age Group Swim coaching experience
- Full-time, 12 month, unclassified position
- The work schedule for this position will include evenings and weekends
with NOMAD Aquatics
NOMAD AQUATICS – 10 and Under Associate Coach
NOMAD Aquatics, a 300+ member club in Huntersville North Carolina (North Charlotte), is in search of a dynamic, energetic, and enthusiastic team player who is ready to take ownership of the developmental side of our program.
The right person must have high energy, great organization skills, and very strong relationship building skills. This coach will be responsible for coaching and overseeing our NOMAD Junior team and for coaching our developmental groups. This is a key role as it lays the foundation for our athletes and their future in the sport. We want them to fall in love with swimming and be excited to be at practice!
NOMAD is located in the fastest growing area in North Charlotte NC. NOMAD has been in business for 26 years, and has a history of developing young people from novice swimmers to international competition. Our philosophy of “teach first, train second” fosters a high degree of technical proficiency in our young athletes that is the foundation for their successful training as they grow and mature into young adults. Our program structure allows for all commitment levels to learn and improve. We are privileged to have a great staff of coaches including a strength and conditioning coach and a team nutritionist who are dedicated to building a culture of excellence.
Our coach owned team and facility offers maximum flexibility and our imagination is our only limitation! Our pool is 10 lanes 25 yards’ x 10 lanes 25 meters, with a separate 20 yard 5 lane teaching pool. NOMADS learn to swim program is one of the largest in the city and continues to grow.
Applicant coaches must:
- Be USA Swimming certified
- Be ASCA certified (Level 2 or higher preferred)
- Have a minimum of 3 years of coaching experience with the 12 & Under age group and/or Pre-Team/Lessons experience.
- Be familiar with Team Unify (preferred)
- Be familiar with Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Be professional, enthusiastic and POSITIVE people who exhibit effective teaching/communication skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuing their education, in the sport of swimming and coaching
- Ability to embrace and embody the Vision of NOMAD Aquatics and positively add to the Culture of Excellence.
- Be a part of a high energy, enthusiastic, and engaged coaching staff who are ready to engage each of the athletes not just run a practice.
Job Description: Associate Coach for our Age Group Program
- Plan, schedule and coach practices.
- Submit all a weekly plan to the Director of Age Group Performance.
- Work with the Director of Age Group Performance in developing goals, outlining a season plan, and casting the vision for the developmental portion of our program.
- Assist with set-up and clean-up for meets and other team events.
- Maintain daily attendance records.
- Attend all staff meetings (unless excused by Head Coach or Director of Age Group Performance).
- Attend and coach swim meets in which your swimmers are attending.
- Determine your group members’ events for meet entries and submit/approve entries by team’s registration deadline.
- Follow team policies regarding team administration.
- Communicate effectively, and often with team membership, other Associate Coaches, Director of Age Group Performance, and Head Coach.
- Implement strategies, in conjunction with the Director of Age Group Performance to recruit, retain, and grow the team.
- Build and foster relationships with local summer league coaches to promote our program and encourage a year around path to summer swimmers.
Our Team Culture is very important to us and something that we take seriously here at NOMAD. Interested applicants should submit their resume along with three professional references and a short summary explaining your coaching philosophy and how you can add to our culture of excellence here at NOMAD Aquatics.
with City of Plano Swimmers
COPS is looking for assistant coaches who are energetic, knowledgeable, ethical, and able to communicate with parents, fellow coaches and swimmers of all ages. Candidates must be able to work as part of a coaching team.
Responsibilities for coaches include:
- Writing and coaching practices.
- Conducting dryland workouts.
- Attending meets as scheduled – approximately 1-2 per month.
- Entering swimmers in desired events for swim meets based on practice agenda’s and performance.
- Attend staff meetings and other events as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Keep accurate records for groups including attendance and communications.
- Communicate with parents and other staff members in a timely manner.
- USA Swimming Registered Coach – or be in the process of completing
- 2 years of coaching experience preferred
COPS is a Level 4 Program in USA Swimming’s Club Recognition Program. COPS is part of North Texas Swimming, and Texas Swimming Association. The team is a 501(c)3 not for profit with a strong parent board and a Head-Coach CEO. Coaches will be compensated for travel to meets (mileage). Certifications and continuing education costs are covered by the club.
Pay will depend on experience and responsibilities. While this is a part-time position, potential exists for other revenue sources.
with Montclair State University
Montclair State University is hiring an assistant coach for the upcoming 2017-18 season. Montclair is a Division III school with 14,000 undergraduate students. The university is located in Upper Montclair, NJ and is 14 miles west of New York City. The teams compete in the New Jersey Athletic Conference as well as the Metropolitan Swimming Conference. The starting date for this position is Sept. 1st. Please contact Brian McLaughlin at [email protected] or (973) 655-5242 for further information.
with Topeka Swim Association
Topeka Swim Association (TSA) is seeking an energetic, passionate full-time Assistant Age Group Coach/Swim School Director. TSA is a 110-member USA Swimming competitive swim team, with a swim school and Masters programs, located in Topeka, KS (60 miles from Kansas City) which competes in the Missouri Valley LSC. The team primarily trains out of the Capitol Federal Natatorium, which includes 2 indoor pools, a 50-meter by 25-yard competition pool, and a 4-lane 25-yard teaching pool. The club, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization is managed by a volunteer board of directors that works with the Head Coach on the business strategy, financial planning and fundraising, while the Head Coach is responsible for day-to-day operations of the team’s swim program. TSA is currently recognized as a USA Swimming Level 2 program. TSA currently has USA Swimming Junior National qualifiers, Sectional finalists, and Zone qualifiers on its roster. The ideal candidate will have a passion for swimming and the ability to communicate well with swimmers, coaches, and parents. Specific job duties include: 1) Direct and supervise the Gold and Silver squads; 2) Direct the TSA Swim School; 3) Supervise the part-time swim lessons instructors; 4) Attend all scheduled practices and meets; 5) Maintain regular office hours; 7) Assist in new swimmer recruitment and evaluations; 8) Assist with web-based communications; 9) Prepare meet entries for swimmers in the age group portion of the program. Previous coaching experience is required. This coach will report to the Topeka Swim Association Head Coach. The successful candidate must have all current USA Swimming-required certifications (Coaches Safety Training, CPR, First Aid, and will have passed the USA Swimming background check) prior to accepting position. TSA is offering a competitive compensation package. TSA will provide paid vacations, full medical and dental insurance, and retirement. Additional coaching opportunities include high school coaching, area summer league teams and private swim lessons. More information about TSA can be found online at www.swimtsa.com or by calling 203-731-1734.
with Chesapeake Bay Aquatic Club
Chesapeake Bay Aquatic Club is looking for motivated coaches to lead our Silver (ages 11-14) and Bronze (ages 9-10) developmental groups. Candidates should be confident in their ability to work with swimmers at building efficiency in the water. Practices are 5 (Bronze) to 6 (Silver) days a week. Meets are typically once a month.
with Susquehanna University
Assistant Swimming Coach
As a living, learning and working community, Susquehanna University affirms its commitment to being an engaged, culturally inclusive campus. As we seek to embody the rich diversity of the human community, we commit ourselves to the full participation of persons who represent the breadth of human difference. The university encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Susquehanna University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Susquehanna University is a national liberal arts college committed to excellence in educating undergraduate students for productive lives of achievement, leadership and service in a diverse and interconnected world. Its more than 2,100 undergraduates come from 35 states and 22 countries, and all students study away through Susquehanna’s unique Global Opportunities program. Susquehanna University’s 325 acre campus, noted for its beauty, is located in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, 50 miles north of Harrisburg in the scenic Susquehanna River Valley, about a three hour drive from Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and New York City. For more information, please visit https://www.susqu.edu.
The Assistant Coach reports to the Head Coach of swimming and diving. The primary tasks are to assist the Head Coach in all aspects of the program including: plan practices and training strategies for Swimmers; meet day responsibilities and assist with recruiting as need.
Assist the Head Coach in developing and conducting organized practices
Assist the Head Coach with game day responsibilities
Assist the Head Coach in counseling student-athletes in a positive manner and serving as a positive role model to all SU students on a daily basis
Assist the Head Coach with recruiting student-athletes in the sport of swimming /diving
Adhere to all NCAA, conference and University rules and regulations
Develop positive rapport with athletics staff, as well as the entire SU community
Represent the university to various constituents in a professional manner
Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach
Must have the energy and enthusiasm and mobility to actively coach field sports.
Bachelor’s Degree, plus evidence of positive attitude and the ability to get along well with others required. A valid drivers license is required.
Coaching or playing experience in the specific sport is desired.
with The Briar Club
Head Coach of USA Swim Team
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF AQUATICS
This position is responsible for the operation and development of our USA swimming program under the direction and guidance of the Aquatics Director. They will facilitate a positive & nurturing environment for all athletes. The Head Coach must develop the skills and talents of the team members and coaching staff while promoting teamwork, sportsmanship and encouraging personal development and excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- CREATES WOW by: anticipating needs and wants, being prepared, being continuously enthusiastic, executing flawlessly and doing it now.
- Plan and oversee practices for all 3 level USA groups Red/Silver/Gold.
- Set and run dry land practice routines for Gold level practices.
- Oversee assistant coaches and ensure that coaching standards are being met.
- Provide the environment to improve team members’ stroke technique, endurance, and speed.
- Attend all weekly practices at their scheduled time.
- Travel to swim meets to support swimmers.
- Maintain and promote activities pertaining to the swim team as well as The Briar Club swim program. This includes social and team building events.
- Act as a role model for all swimmers
- Create development plans for swimmers, helping them set goals and how they will achieve them.
- Recruit, retain and grow the team.
- Communicate with Head Coach from Rice Aquatics team to coordinate meet entries and relay teams, as well as long term team strategies.
- Ensure open and timely communication with swimmers and parents.
- Assist with coaching Summer League Swim Team and with Swim Meets April- June
- Teach swim lessons as available and requested but not to interfere with the regular operation of the swim team.
- Encourage and offer opportunities for children to participate in year-round and summer swimming programs.
- Promote swimming in a positive and fun learning environment for all ages.
- Provide assistance to Aquatics Director when needed and communicate needs and issues.
- Responsible for overall safety of team members and assisting staff.
- ASCA Level 3 Certification or higher
- Member of ASCA and USA Swimming
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches certification
- Red Cross Lifeguard and First Aid preferred
- Experience working with children in large groups.
- Must be able to communicate with members, management, and staff
- Proven team management skills
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. Equivalency
- USA Swim Coach’s certification level 3
- 5+ years of coaching USA or Club level swim team
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard, CPR, AED, and 1st Aid Certifications, strongly preferred, or Safety Training for Swim Coaches Certification
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Ability to Lift/Carry 20 lbs or less frequently; 34-66% of the time
- Ability to Lift/Carry 21-100 lbs or less occasionally; 1-33% of the time
- Ability to Push/Pull 12 lbs or less frequently; 34-66% of the time
- Ability to Push/Pull 13-100 lbs or less occasionally; 1-33% of the time
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, twist, turn, climb, crawl, reach above shoulder, stand, walk, talk, sit, work at or above shoulder, occasionally; 1-66% of the time
- Ability to work reach outward frequently; 34-66% of the time
- Ability to handle, finger, talk, hear, taste, smell constantly; 67-100% of the time
- Ability to work inside and outside 90%/10%
- Noise level is: Mid to high
with South Central Swim Team (SCST)
Head Swim Coach
South Central Swim Team (SCST) is seeking applicants for a full-time Head Coach. SCST is a nonprofit, board run swim team based in the Janesville area. The team has 100+ families ranging in skills of novice swimmers to NCSA level qualifiers.
Head Coach responsibilities include, but are not limited to facilitating practices of the Senior team, coordinating the coaching staff, attending meets, participating in board meetings, and administrative responsibilities.
Multiple years of prior coaching experience required. Prior head coaching experience highly preferred.
Strong Hy-Tek Meet/Team Manager, TeamUnify and Microsoft Office skills and experience.
Excellent communication and coordination skills.
Ability to attend most practices and meets.
Strong swimming background and knowledge.
Current USA Swim Coaching Certification.
Pay commensurate with experience and accepted responsibilities.
with YMCA of Western North Carolina
Under the direction and guidance of the Director of Competitive Swimming and consistent with the mission of the YMCA and the policies and guidelines of the YMCA of Western North Carolina, the Assistant Director of Competitive Swimming is responsible for assisting in leading, administering and managing the competitive swim team in pursuit of swimming achievement, asset building and character development.
The Assistant Director of Competitive Swimming must:
- Perform quality work within given deadlines and expectations with or without direct supervision
- Interact professionally with other employees, members, program participants, volunteers, and other individuals within the community, always being mindful of the YMCA’s four core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility
- Serve effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other appropriate individuals
- Champion inclusion with the participants of the Piranha Swim Team
- Act as a model for our association, transforming its culture into one which values all people and serves everyone through the YMCA’s 4 core values
Our association values diversity in its workforce and membership. The ideal candidate will be able to help aid in identifying the true benefit from learning from our association’s collective differences
- College degree or equivalent experience
- At least two years of competitive swim team administration and 3 years of coaching experience and or equivalent experience.
- Communication skills relative to swimmers, coaches and parents including but not limited to the ability to project one’s voice in a crowded aquatic environment, the ability to explain skills and instructions in an age-appropriate manner and the ability to maintain a positive but disciplined environment
- Ability to manage and maintain organization in multiple administrative tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office/ HyTek and Team Unify competitive swimming software programs
- Safety and risk management awareness
- ASCA Certification
- Current safety certifications including CPR & AED, First Aid, Lifeguarding or Red Cross Safety Training for Swim Coaches and Principles of YMCA Competitive Swimming and Diving
- Volunteer supervision and recruitment experience
The YMCA of Western North Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to sex, race, color, age, creed, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, uniformed service member, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, regulations or ordinances. No question on our application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Testing of job-related skills may be required prior to employment.
Alpine Hills Tennis & Swimming Club’s Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics (AH-PASA) site located in Portola Valley, California is searching for a Head Assistant Coach/Aquatics Coordinator. Alpine Hills currently has 150 plus completive swimmers and 150 plus summer league swimmers from beginning level age group to Junior National qualifiers. AH-PASA is a USA Swimming recognized Gold Medal Club.
Full Time Assistant Coach/Aquatics Coordinator
Actual work schedule to be determined through mutual agreement with Head Coach/Aquatics Director. Employee may be required to work mornings, evenings, and weekends.
AH-PASA is seeking an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and experienced Aquatics Coordinator and Assistant Coach for our year round swim club PASA, and our Summer League Team at Alpine Hills Tennis & Swimming Club.
This position reports to the Head Coach/Aquatics Director. This position prepares and implements work-outs; tracks and encourages team enrollment; maintains various records; organizes and attends swim meets; evaluates stroke technique; has thorough knowledge of emergency response protocol, risk management and emergency care; complies and enforces all Alpine Hills policies and procedures.
The Essential Functions of Employment Include:
Assistance in developing, organizing and supervising daily operations and practices; documentation including daily participant attendance; planning, execution and evaluation of swim meet participation; professional interaction and effective communication with swimmers, their parents, coaching staff and BOD.
General Requirements (include but are not limited to):
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- Extensive knowledge of competitive swimming, the physics of swimming, stroke mechanics, age appropriate dryland training techniques, USA swimming rules and regulations
- Proficiency in TeamUnify, Hy-Tek Meet Manager, and basic Microsoft Office products
- All requirements to be a registered USA swimming coach must be current and maintained
- Must possess the ability to build and maintain genuine relationships with swimmers, parents, and colleagues within the club
- Must possess the ability to effectively co-manage a summer league team with 150+ swimmers.
- Must possess the organizational skills required to effectively manage the operations of a USA swimming and summer league club.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Coordinate the operation of a seasonal plan so that each of the following are properly executed
- Assist in developing an appropriate competition schedule for each level of the club
- Assist in practice planning, scheduling and execution as outlined in the training cycle
- Proper practice and meet staffing
- Timely and efficient meet entry procedures
- Monitoring that the skill development of the swimmers (across the entire club) are maintained on an acceptable and desirable trajectory
- Fostering efficient communication across the staff, families, and swimmers
- Assist in developing agendas for, and conducting, timely staff and parent meetings
Summer Swim Team:
- Assist Head Coach with all aspects of the summer swim team.
- Lead coach in one or more groups during spring and summer season.
- Assist and act as co-meet director for home meets.
- Assist with all team communication and registration.
- Assist with managing, training, and scheduling Jr. Coaches
- Lead Jr coaches with meet entries for all dual meets, relay meet, and champs
- Coordinate and prepare social events, clinics, and awards banquets.
- Assist with Summer Swim School, Mini Mantas, Spring Season, Fun Fridays, and Camp Alpine as assigned by the Aquatics Director.
PASA (Assistant Coach):
- Assist in all team communication.
- Coach 1-2 competitive age groups and assist other groups as needed.
- Assist with dry-land as needed.
- Assist Head Coach with administrative duties.
- Act as the co- communication point person for the age group program.
- Assist in age group meet and practice planning.
- Assist with all social events and possible travel trips.
- Attend meets assigned by the head coach.
- Point person for age group meet entries.
- Acts as the meet director for home meets.
- Lead in planning, developing, and executing new developmental program.
- Teach swim lessons
- Coordinate lifeguard schedules
- Oversee recreation programs
- Help maintain facility quality and cleanliness
Competitive annual salary and benefits are offered for this position. AH-PASA is looking for a candidate available for the start of short course season in August, 2017.
with El Dorado Hills
Job Title: Assistant Aquatics Director
Reports to: Aquatics Director
Date Updated: March 10, 2017
Supervision of SwimLabs instructors; Maintenance and management of pools and technology; Accomplishes department objectives by teaching clients how to swim; participating in special promotional events; providing exceptional customer service.
|Essential Job Duties|
- Assist Aquatics Director with facilitation of the training program for SwimLabs instructors including the curriculum and practical trainings the SwimLabs Level I and Level II programs.
- Maintenance of all poolroom and equipment room operations including ongoing maintenance, cleaning, and chemical usage.
- Assist with all technology involved with lessons.
- Teaches Group swim classes and private lessons to all ages and abilities; conducts lessons according to SwimLabs training; upholds company core values and displays competence in performing expectations.
- Provides accountability by submitting lesson plans in a timely manner; completes lesson notes for private lessons; communicates issues or questions to management.
- Accomplishes responsibilities outside of teaching objectives by documenting completed tasks; takes initiative to find work; uses sound judgment to make decisions.
- Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; provides a safe and comfortable environment for all clients; resolves issues; identifying needs; recommending system improvements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Complies with employment expectations; makes appropriate adjustments when requested by management, including evaluation feedback; upholds standards of all signed contracts.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
Customer Service, Performance Management, Lesson Management, Quality Management, Effective Communication, Results Driven, Team Oriented, Teachable, Handles Pressure, Giving Feedback, SwimLabs Level I and Level II Certified, CPO Certification, CPR & First Aid Certified.