Applications due 06/04/21
Date posted: May 4, 2021
Location: Charleston, IL, USA
The Department of Athletics at Eastern Illinois University (NCAA Division I) is now accepting applications for the Graduate Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach position beginning the 2021-2022 school year.
This position provides full-time graduate tuition waiver (fall and spring) as well as a monthly living stipend. Applicants must be accepted into Eastern Illinois’s graduate school and meet minimum requirements required for graduate assistantship.
The successful candidate will assist in conducting the men’s & women’s swimming program within the philosophy and guidelines set forth by Eastern Illinois University, the NCAA, and the Summit League Conference. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: coaching, recruiting, scheduling, budget management, academic monitoring, and other duties as assigned by the Head Swimming Coach. Bachelor’s Degree and valid driver’s license required.
Strong organizational and communication skills are expected. Experience with intercollegiate swimming and diving program is desired. The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with high ethical standards and exhibit a strict adherence to NCAA, Summit, University and departmental rules and regulations.
- Assist with the development of practice materials and help lead practice accordingly under the direction of the head coach.
- Assist with travel plans, planning and coordinating program events.
- Provide leadership to facilitate academic and personal success for the team’s student-athletes.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the head coach.
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Must be accepted into Graduate School at Eastern Illinois University.
- Excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills required.
- Computer literacy with an emphasis on spreadsheets preferred.
- Some experience using Colorado Timing Systems, Hy-Tek software, and Meet Manager
- Ability to obtain CPR and First Aid certification.
- Required to work early mornings and weekends.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until a successful candidate is chosen.
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should provide a cover letter, current resume, and a list of 3 references to EIU Head Swimming Coach Evan Sholudko ([email protected])
600 Lincoln Ave Charleston, IL 61920