Applications due 03/01/19
Location: 1300 Wheat Street, Columbia, SC, USA
The Head Senior Coach reports directly to the Head Coach. The position requires the coach to direct the senior program within program guidelines, perform typical administrative duties, hold regular office hours, engage in recruiting, and provide an overall positive image and role model for the team and sport of swimming.
Specific job duties include:
- Develop season plans and day to day workouts for the senior program
- Design and direct an age-appropriate dryland program for the senior athletes
- Attend all swim meets with Senior swimmers or meets assigned by the Head Coach
- Provide positive, constructive, and consistent coaching and feedback to athletes and parents
- In conjunction with the Head Coach, record and share all training materials & sets on an agreed-upon platform (practices, test sets, dryland, etc.)
- Assume responsibility for posting and distributing meet information on the team website. This includes the entire entry process: posting, setting deadlines, meet entries, and downloading results.
- Meet weekly with the Head Coach
- Contribute to regular postings on CA’s blog, highlighting accomplishments, deadlines, special events, etc.
- Meet with swimmers on a regular basis to establish goals, reinforce team culture, and resolve issues
- Participate in regular parent meetings and education programs
- Attend monthly board meetings as required by Board of Directors or Head Coach
- Assist with team hosted events as assigned by head coach
- Return emails/phone calls within 24 hours
- Keep good personal hygiene and dress in attire appropriate for professional coaching
- Always address swimmers, coaches, and parents with respect
- Arrive on time for all training sessions and early for all meet warm-ups
- Be willing to stay after practice to answer questions and provide feedback
Carolina Aquatics is looking for a dynamic knowledgeable coach to lead our senior program. This coach will work collaboratively with the Head Coach to design and implement a senior program that is consistent with the team’s goals and vision. CA is looking for a coach with ASCA level III (or higher) certification, or equivalent experience. The coach will have experience consistently coaching swimmers to the Sectional and/or Junior National Level. Carolina Aquatics is in a growth phase, and the ideal senior coach will have the experience, leadership skills, professionalism, and work ethic to contribute to all phases of CA’s operation.
This is a salaried position.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- A health insurance stipend will be included
- Incentive pay may include bonuses for membership levels, team performance, and individual athlete accomplishment
- All travel and team related costs will be reimbursed with proper documentation
- Educational opportunities will be available with specific approval of the Head Coach & Board of Directors
- Additional income may be available through additional programs
- CA maintains a good relationship with local colleges and universities. Exposure to these programs may be available through volunteer positions.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to Head Coach, Logan Simpson at [email protected]
Deadline: March 1, 2019
117 Harper Park Road
Irmo, SC 29063