Applications due 07/31/16
South Shore YMCA Strypers (SSYS) is a year-round competitive swim team and a former Silver Medal club in the USAS Club Excellence program.
Located south of Boston (MA), the team comprises of 200 swimmers and trains out of three six-lane 25y pools at the South Shore YMCA branches in Quincy, Hanover and the senior/national training pool at the Lincoln Hancock Community School. The team has excellent access to space and equipment for dryland conditioning and the program was personally established by Vern Gambetta.
SSYS has a core group of dedicated and passionate assistant coaches and administrative staff.
Historically, the team has produced multiple Olympic Trials qualifiers, a YMCA National Champion and YMCA National record holders. SSYS currently includes two swimmers at the USAS Junior National level, two New England Swimming record holders and multiple individual age group champions.
The SSYS team is coming of its most successful short course season ever after winning the 2016 New England YMCA Championship for the first time and placing in the Top 5 on the team point-score at the New England Swimming 12 & Under Championships.
Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives including the development of a progressive program for all level swimmers, dry land training and individual assessment and evaluation of all swimmers in developing a personalized training program. Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans
STAFF ENGAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
Recruits, hires, trains, manages, develops, coaches, schedules, and directs staff and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
MEMBERSHIP ENGAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
Builds relationships with and among members, responds to inquiries and solves problems. Creates a safe and supportive community environment, assists in recruiting and engaging new members, and connects members to the YMCA’s cause.
BUDGET & FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
Plans and manages department budgets as approved in a fiscally responsible manner.
Works with appropriate branch staff to provide program facilities for members that are clean, safe, adequately equipped, well maintained, and attractive
Builds and develops volunteer capacity, sharing the social responsibility.
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT & SUPPORT
Assists in YMCA fund raising activities/events, and engages in collaborative relationships with community organizations in order to strengthen support and build community.
- Bachelor’s in Exercise Science, Sports Management, Education or other related field.
- ASCA Level 4 coaching certification or above desired.
- 3-5 years of previous head coaching experience, preferably with a team of 125+ members
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Colorado Timing Systems and Hy-Tek swimming software (workout manager, team manager, and meet manager)
- Possess certifications and experience in providing appropriate dry-land training for all levels of swimmers
- Life Guard Training required.
- Have proven success with the establishment, mentoring and guiding a successful Parent Advisory Committee
- Proven fund-raising success.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experienced with Microsoft Office suite.
APPLY HERE – www.ssymca.org
How to Apply
Go to www.ssymca.org