Date posted: August 12, 2022
Location: 1 Mangini Way, Burlingame, CA, USA
FULL-TIME LEAD AGE GROUP COACH with Burlingame Aquatic Club
About Burlingame Aquatic Club:
The Burlingame Aquatic Club (http://www.burlingameaquatics.com), located in Burlingame, is a non-profit, public benefit organization that provides high quality aquatic programs for people of all ages. We operate out of the Burlingame Aquatic Center on the campus of Burlingame HS, and we work in conjunction with the City of Burlingame and its Parks & Recreation Department.
Under the supervision of the Head Coach (HC), the Lead Age Group Coach (Lead Coach) is responsible for developing, organizing, and implementing a high quality training and education program to meet the needs of the assigned groups of the BAC Age Group Swim Team. Our goal is for our team to grow in quantity and quality as a competitive swim team within the Zone 1 North of Pacific Swimming and USA Swimming. The Lead Coach is the primary point of contact for the swimmers and parents in his/her assigned groups, and must ensure that a professional level program is offered at all times.
This is a full-time position with benefits. The successful candidate will be expected to work a minimum of 32 hours per week.
The Lead Coach will be the LEAD on:
- Maintaining a season plan for all group(s) coached. This includes when to alter practice schedule to optimize training, social events, incentive programs, etc.
- Communicating with all group(s) coached. This will include a weekly email as well as any additional support emails that must be addressed over the course of the week.
- The Lead Coach is projected to be primarily responsible for a group of athletes age 8-under
- The Lead Coach is projected to administer dryland training for athletes age 7 & up throughout our program
- Managing assigned pool space (lane set-up, covers). Please allow 15 minutes on the pool deck immediately before a scheduled practice and 15 minutes immediately following to assess your pool situation and to answer parent/swimmer questions.
- Educating swimmers and parents on team culture and competitive swimming etiquette.
- Maintaining good standing as a coach member of USA Swimming
The HC will require support from the Lead Coach on the following:
- Attend meets as assigned by HC
- Fundraising efforts. This could be organizing a fundraiser with a local restaurant, our annual Lap-A-Thon, Silent Auction, etc.
- Technique Clinics
- Maintaining a proper work schedule under federal, state, and BAC employment guidelines
- Assisting with one or multiple training groups, as agreed upon with the HC
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned by the HC
The Lead Coach is responsible for:
- The contents of the BAC Employee Handbook
- Logging daily attendance for swim group(s)
- Ensuring the safety of swimmers (staying with swimmers if we are closing)
- Logging hours daily in ADP app
- Attend weekly staff meetings
Hours and Location:
Hours for this position include approximately 22-25 hours of practice time per week as agreed to with the Coach, all at the Burlingame Aquatic Center or satellite pool locations, plus additional time spent preparing the facility for practices, meeting with coworkers, and responding to member inquiries. Some administrative work must be done on site at the aquatic facility, in addition to staff meetings. Practice hours may include morning practice sessions, early afternoon practice sessions as well as the possibility of evening practice sessions. A typical month will also include 1-2 weekend swim meets/competitions (An additional 8-20 hours each of these meet weekends).
The Lead Coach must have a strong background in the sport of swimming (USA Swimming and/or collegiate swimming background preferred) and have the ability to effectively teach swimming to a wide range of athletes. He/she must be able to provide creative swim workouts that incorporate the technical needs of all swimmers, and also have a very positive on-deck demeanor. The Lead Coach must have professional communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with participants about any program changes or special events. The Lead Coach must be reliable, punctual, and approachable, and must be dedicated to sustaining a strong program that values all levels of athletes. He/she must be able to cooperate with all BAC staff members in an effort to support the overall mission of the club.
The Lead Coach must hold a current nationally recognized Training Certification in CPR, First Aid, and Water Safety for Swim Coaches and is responsible for keeping those certifications current. American Red Cross Lifeguard certification is required within 3 months. Current coaching membership in USA Swimming is also required. BAC does reimburse for the cost of certification/membership upkeep.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Head Coach Ben Chung
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, with a target start date of August 29, 2022.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Head Coach Ben Chung [email protected]