Date posted: September 1, 2023
Location: 1849 Southwest Salmon Street, Portland, OR, USA
Multnomah Athletic Club is more than Portland’s most legendary hub of sports and socializing. It’s like a small city unto itself. Where else can you find four restaurants, three pools, a climbing gym, state-of-the-art studios and fitness suite, a complex of racquet sport courts, full massage and physical therapy offerings, a boutique, plus a grand ballroom and variety of events spaces all in one place? To say that every employee of MAC has room to move is an understatement almost as big as MAC’s 600,000 square feet of recreational possibilities.
Want a career with a future? A campus worth exploring? A one-of-a-kind community on which you can have a direct impact? MAC is all of those things and more.
And that’s not even mentioning all the kinds of aquatic pursuits in which you’ll have the chance to school some of Portland’s most ambitious residents. From elite-level athletes training for international competition to lessons for every age, artistic swimming to water polo, few facilities on the West Coast cater to this many kinds of sport and recreation.If you’re a competitive athlete yourself, or just someone who likes to cross-train for your own fitness and wellness goals, the sheer breadth of facilities available at MAC will allow you to pursue your passion like never before. Be part of a community that forges lifelong connections and pushes every member to be their best during every season of the year.
Dip your toes into a career in Aquatics at MAC and discover depths of potential you’ll never tire of exploring!
Eagerly and enthusiastically conducts group and private swim lessons in a safe and fun teaching environment. Teaches members of all ages and abilities appropriate skills according to the MAC swim lesson program. This is a part-time position with variable schedule and hours. Starting wage from $16 per hour.
HIGHER EARNING OPPORTUNITIES AWAIT: Once hired, and after a probationary period of teaching group classes and possessing exemplary performance, you can become eligible to teach Private Lessons! Earnings for Private Swim Lessons can be $50 per hour!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conduct group and private swim lessons providing a safe, positive & motivating teaching environment. Instructs members of all ages and abilities appropriate skills according to the MAC swim lesson program.
- Attends swim instructional staff meetings and training as directed.
- Maintains regular open communication with the Aquatics Supervisor & Instructional Coordinators regarding issues directly related to the program.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Setting up and cleaning up of lesson equipment and changeover of pool configuration.
- May act as an extra guard during swim lessons.
- Promotes member participation in aquatics department programs.
- Responds to emergencies, injuries and illness as they arise.
- Must have current CPR-PR/AED, First-aid certifications, Lifeguard certification a plus.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and members.
- Must enjoy working with children.
- Previous aquatics instructional experience highly preferred.
- Full-time employees may choose from a comprehensive benefit & welfare package including medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Facility use privileges including exercise room, climbing gym, swimming pools, and exercise classes
- Free parking
- Discounted public transportation passes
- 401(k) retirement program with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Access to Headspace wellness app
- Discounted club services and meals
How to Apply