Applications due 07/15/21
Date posted: June 25, 2021
Location: Milligan University, Neth Drive, Milligan College, TN, USA
The Athletics Department at Milligan University invites applications for the part-time position of Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swim Coach. Reporting to the Head Swim Coach, this position will work alongside the head swim coach to recruit, develop and mentor student athletes into becoming the best possible versions of themselves.
The position will require assisting the head coach with identification and recruitment of high quality student athletes, assisting in administrative duties and coaching on deck approximately 15 hours per week. A demonstrated ability to mentor student-athletes and enhance their personal, academic and athletic development is critical to the position. The assistant coach will also assist in coordinating team travel, setup of events, creating social media content, and oversight of special projects (team activities, community service, and fundraising).
This position also has a large potential to create a clinic/lesson program for additional income.
Successful candidates should have:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Experience in coaching college, club, or high school swimming.
- Previous college swimming experience, along with previous college coaching, is preferred
- A strong desire to succeed, along with a great work ethic, is essential to this position.
- CPR/AED/Lifeguard certifications, but can be obtained after being hired. Other certifications, such as CSCS or USAW, are helpful.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a resume, a cover letter describing their coaching style and how they would assist our team, and a minimum of 2 references via email to Spencer Scarth, Head Swim Coach at [email protected]. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
1 Blowers Blvd, Athletics