with The Shipley School
The US and MS Swim Coach will be responsible for management of the scholastic swim program at The Shipley School working with all constituencies identifying developmental needs to enhance our program. Shipley practices daily at Bryn Mawr College’s pool and is a member of the Friends Schools League.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Coach MS and US Shipley swim teams
- Travel with the team to all meets and confirming transportation with the Athletic Office
- Responsible for inspiring our coaches to assist our student athletes in reaching their full potential
- Recruit student athletes of all ages for application to Shipley
- Oversee all Shipley Swim programs grades 6-12
- Monitor practices
- Develop lesson plans
- Oversee skill development
- Responsible for the organization of all swim trips, including Eastern’s ensuring school guidelines are adhered to
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Proficient in MS Office and Cloud based POS system
- Must be able to operate in a P/L environment
- Must have progressive management experience in a successful swim program
- Must be goal oriented
- Possess the ability to develop, accelerate and maintain successful swim program for various age levels
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills
- Eagerness to work in a school community and build relationships with all school constituencies to market the swim program
- Must be able to establish and maintain a high level of customer service and lead by example for swim staff
- Must be positive, respectful, trustworthy, supportive and believe in a student’s potential and run program reflecting Shipley’s Mission – see link:
- Must have previous coaching experience
- Track record of coaching experience at the Pro, College or High School level
- Proven ability to manage, motivate and inspire personnel
Expectations For All Employees
- Successful completion of state and federal clearances
with Byron Park District's Tiger Sharks swim team
Responsible for assisting the Head Swim Team Coach with the operation of the Tiger Shark swim team, including practices and swim meets. Also assists with team communication and various clerical tasks such as website maintenance, swim meet paperwork and volunteer coordination.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Head Coach with coaching the workout curriculum and provide constant feedback to participants to facilitate improvement.
- Enforce aquatic rules and policies by maintaining constant surveillance of participants.
- Set-up and help maintain facility and equipment.
- Establish and maintain good communication with participants, parents, coaches & supervisors
- Maintain a positive attitude and act in a professional manner when interacting with patrons, program participants, parents and other staff, at all times.
- Introduce new families to the sport of competitive swimming and answer their questions
- Maintain a positive team environment and enforce our Code of Conduct policy.
- Provide assistance with informing participants/parents of upcoming events, registration deadlines, schedule changes, etc. via the Tiger Sharks Team Unify website & Facebook
- Verify that swimmers have all required paperwork/registrations/memberships completed
- Verify swim meet registrations, assist with swim meet entries, provide required documents to host teams and Illinois Swimming, and communicate all swim meet information/entries to parents and swimmers.
- Assist with the operation of all home swim meets, including meet referees, officials, timers, concession workers, concession donations, etc.
- Encourage individuals to obtain swim official certifications and inform them of upcoming training courses.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
with Ashland University
|Ashland University is an NCAA Division II institution that competes in the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC), one of the most highly respected NCAA Division II conferences in the country. Ashland University offers a comprehensive 20-sport athletic program. The University is located off of Interstate 71 in Ashland, Ohio, midway between Cleveland and Columbus.Position Summary: Ashland University is seeking applications for the position of Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach. The assistant swimming and diving coach is required to recruit off campus and be involved with on-campus visits. This position will assist the head coach in developing the overall recruiting plan. The assistant swimming and diving coach assists the head coach in monitoring academic progress of all student-athletes on the team and working with various constituencies across campus to ensure that student-athletes receive the proper academic counseling and assistance. This position reports to the head swimming and diving coach and the athletic director and could include other duties including event management and representing the athletic department at various functions.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities: • Teaches proper technique and skill development in various aspects of swimming. Candidates should have a complete and thorough understanding of the sport and be able to instruct student-athletes in small group and one-on-one settings. • Ability to instruct student-athletes on physical health, team concepts and team building exercises, team development techniques and safety. • A thorough understanding of NCAA and GLIAC rules and regulations is required. The assistant coach must adhere to these rules and help ensure that the program is in compliance with all rules, regulations and guidelines. The ability to articulate these to student-athletes is also required. • An understanding of AshlandUniversity’s mission and goals is required. Applicants must have the ability to explain these to student-athletes. • Assists with the supervision of multiple practices and events with two teams. • Assists in plans for travel.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.
• A Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Candidates must have the ability to successfully impart knowledge on various training techniques and strokes in swimming.
• Previous coaching and/or swimming experience on the college level is highly desired.
• Candidates should be lifeguard, CPR, AED and first aid certified or able to attain certification upon employment.
• The ability to identify and recruit student-athletes is required.
• This position requires well-developed communication skills, as well as strong time management and organizational skills.
• The ability to work weekends and evenings is required. This position requires extensive travel, both in recruiting and to meets.
with Lake Country Swim Team
Lake Country Swim Team, Hartland, Wisconsin, is seeking an hourly and/or full time assistant coach for both our senior and age group programs. Ideal candidate is enthusiastic, engaging, a strong communicator and team player. Responsibilities will include assisting and substituting for lead coaches as needed with potential assignment as group lead coach. Pay and responsibilities are dependent on candidate’s experience and skill set. Dryland strength and conditioning experience is a plus. Candidates must possess, or be able to acquire USA Coaching Certification. Start date is as soon as possible.
with Gateway Region YMCA
St. Charles YMCA
PURPOSE OF POSITION
In accordance with the Christian principles of the YMCA, the incumbent will provide leadership to the Aquatics Program and staff members. He/she will exemplify the “Y” values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, and faith in all aspects of the position. He/she will follow all guidelines as established in the YMCA Aquatic Program Model.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
1. Effectively communicate with staff, volunteers, and patrons.
2. Maintain professional, respectful, positive attitude toward all members and co-workers.
3. Hire, supervise, train and evaluate performance of aquatic staff.
4. Demonstrate good organizational, planning and sound judgment skills.
5. Ensure aquatic safety for staff, members and guests
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop and conduct in-services once a month and drills at least twice a month.
2. Monitor activities in the pool and adjacent areas to strive to prevent injuries, accidents and life threatening situations; maintain order.
3. Monitor all staff certification expiration dates.
4. Inspect facility for cleanliness; assist with daily pool, locker room, and deck cleaning.
5. Test water purity and monitor chemical balance; add chemicals as needed. Ensure water is tested every two hours, monitor chemical balance, and take appropriate actions if chemicals are out of order.
6. Inspect facility to determine problems and correct them prior to opening.
7. Ensure all policies and safety requirements are followed.
8. Complete Aquatic Quick Check and Deck Supervisor Report every work shift.
9. Build small communities among staff members.
10. Provide encouragement and feedback for aquatic staff to improve performance.
11. Ensure all guards receive meal and break periods per aquatic policy.
12. Serve as liaison to service center by providing aquatic department program information.
13. Report problems, complaints, or concerns of participants to the aquatic director in a timely fashion.
14. Assist Aquatic Director in special Aquatic programs & coordinating special group usage.
15. Evaluate and update all skills during in-services.
16. Develop and enforce pool usage schedules for programming, lap and recreation swim.
17. Direct the patrolling of the pool and the enforcement of safety rules & regulations
18. Maintain accurate records for the aquatic department including enrollment, retention and safety inspections, chemical checks and incident/accidents.
19. Complete evaluations on aquatic staff (lifeguards) and discuss with aquatic leadership.
20. Aid in member retention by being knowledgeable, caring, and friendly to all members.
21. Administer swim lesson program if applicable.
22. Create new activities and programs within the YMCA of USA aquatic programs if applicable.
23. Assist with marketing and public relations efforts for the department.
24. All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
with Asphalt Green
Asphalt Green is looking to hire an individual with strong experience in pool and lifeguard management combined with demonstrated organizational, communication and public relationship skills. This is a working supervisory position requiring weekend and holiday work. The set work schedule is Tuesday through Saturday.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage approximately 40 lifeguards and 1 Asst. Pool Manager
- Ensure that all Aquatics personnel perform at the highest levels ensuring a safe and positive experience for members, swim teams, school groups and general patrons
- Manage the deck in a highly professional manner communicating information on pool conditions, pool schedules, changes, policies, and classes in a timely manner
- Ensure a safe and clean environment inspecting the pool with regular pool and locker room walk-throughs.
- Develop and constantly evaluate all pool rules and regulations
- Maintain all pool equipment in top working order
- Working closely with Human Resources identify part-time staff.
- Hire, train, certify, schedule, and manage lifeguards
- Working with the UES Pool Manager, develop and conduct a monthly in-service training program for lifeguards to ensure that their skills and professionalism are of the highest standard. Create a positive work environment for the staff.
- Approve lifeguard payroll and time/attendance (ADP) biweekly
- Conduct performance reviews.
- Develop and manage administrative budget
- Manage lifeguard training business (approx. $15k in annual revenue)
- Manage the BPC Pool Grid
- Create and distribute Member Lap Swim Schedule. Manage and work with marketing for BPC to publish all schedules and changes for special events, holidays and emergency closures.
- Maintain pool usage count
- Respond to all emails and phone calls in an appropriate timeframe. Handle any customer service issues.
- Assist with swim school and waterproofing needs
- Degree in Sports Management or related field preferred
- At least 3-4 years of aquatics supervision and pool experience
- Strong computer, written and verbal skills required
- Current certifications in Lifeguard & First Aid, and CPR & AED.
- CPO certification is a plus or the ability to obtain
- LGI certification is a plus or the desire to obtain
with Carter Center Aquatics
The Carter Center Aquatics Swim Team (CCA), located in Roanoke, VA, is seeking applicants for a Head Age Group Coach. The Roanoke Valley is uniquely nestled among the Blue Ridge Mountains in southwestern Virginia. An outdoor paradise (hiking, biking, boating, etc), Roanoke is located within three hours of Charlotte, Richmond, and Washington DC.
CCA is an institutionally owned team by North Cross School, a K-12 private secondary school serving the Roanoke and New River Valleys. The USA Swimming team currently boasts approximately 150 swimmers, ranging from novice to Junior National level swimming, as well as National top 16 qualifiers. The Head Age Group Coach, a full time salaried position, will be in charge of the age group program, coaching 2-3 training groups. The position will include 25-30 hours on deck per week with practices held Monday through Friday evenings, Saturday mornings, and possibly some weekday mornings as well.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
– Represent CCA in a professional and mature manner at all times while adhering to all USA- Swimming, North Cross School and ASCA Code of Ethics and Conduct policies.
– Maintaining all required credentials.
– Coordinate with the Team’s Head Coach to develop seasonal training plan for all 14 & under practice groups within the philosophy of the program.
– Responsible for writing and running our Age Group training groups, including developing and implementing dry land workouts.
– Creating fun, positive, exciting, engaging yet challenging and skills based practices for the age group program.
– Overseeing and mentoring the other age group coaches and assisting them with their training groups
– Attending all swim meets in which Age Group Swimmers are in attendance (usually one to two meets a month).
– Attend and participate in all staff meetings as requested by the Head Coach.
– Collaborate with entire staff to develop and implement benchmarks for measuring our swimmer’s improvement and increasing these opportunities for all levels of the team.
– Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, Providing great customer service and communicates with all constituents for the program including staff, swimmers, parents and friends of CCA.
– Assist Head Coach, North Cross School and Parent Booster Board with marketing and promotion of the club.
– Oversee individual/team entries and send out any relevant meet information for swim meets.
– Imports swim meet results onto CCA database & manage team records page.
– Track swimmer’s training goals and statistics along with monthly attendance figures.
– Provide goal meetings with swimmer’s on a seasonal basis and any additional as needed by athlete and coach decisions.
– Meet set-up and takedown assistance for hosted/sponsored meets as required by the Head Coach.
– Dealing with disciplinary issues per team policies and in coordination with the Head Coach.
– Participation and input assistance to Head Coach/School with hiring of new staff members.
– Attend and participate in LSC functions
The applicant must have experience coaching swimmers 14 and younger, display a strong knowledge of excellent stroke technique, and have prepared swimmers for the senior level. We are looking for an energetic coach who is active on the deck, enthusiastic about the opportunity, and possesses good communication skills. Our ideal candidate will possess high ethical and moral standards and will be as interested in our members’ character development as they are in their development as swimmers. We are looking for a coach who has a passion to coach and mentor our swimmers!
Candidates must have experience with Team Unify, Team Manager and Microsoft Office. It is preferred candidates have at least 4 years competitive coaching experience. In addition, he/she must have all USA Swimming Certifications including a Background Check, Athlete Protection Training, Safety Training and CPR, and be in good standing with USA Swimming and their LSC.
with Cherokee County Recreation and Parks
The following duties are normal for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Plans, organizes, and implements aquatic programs for children, teen and adult activities; develops, plans and organizes special and holiday aquatic events; manages aquatic programs and evaluates services; plans and directs age appropriate, aquatics programs for special populations including senior adults and individuals with disabilities; works directly with individuals participating in programs. Includes soliciting sponsorship funds for particular events; prepares materials relating to programs and special events.
Develop Marketing plan for all programs using social media, print media, school events, and other sources to increase participation in all programs.
Develops, supervises and promotes diverse aquatic programs, activities and events for all ages and abilities.
Administers Break Camps; supervises, reviews, monitors, analyses and evaluates camps and their activities.
Supervises schedules and evaluates instructors or seasonal assigned staff. May also supervise and evaluate interns and volunteers.
Recruits, recommends for hire, and trains instructor or seasonal part-time staff; handles employee concerns, directs work assignments, counsels and disciplines employees when necessary, and completes employee performance appraisals.
Enforces CCAC/Agency/Government rules, regulations and ordinances; keeps part-time staff informed of appropriate CCAC/Agency/Government changes in policies and procedures.
Coordinates with other staff the planning, organizing, and implementing of shared programs and facilities.
Performs necessary preparation of aquatic areas and ensures availability of needed equipment and supplies.
Possesses a number of technical skills and knowledge in a wide range of aquatic, recreation, health and wellness activities for all ages.
Performs special projects and duties assigned by Aquatics Manager or Recreation Division Director.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job requires some night and weekend hours.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
Bachelor’s degree from college or university with emphasis in recreation or sport management or related field with at least three (3) years’ experience in aquatics field including managing public swimming pools and Aquatic programs ; supervision of staff and programs; and fiscal responsibilities.
CPR/First Aid/AED Certification
American Red Cross Lifeguard and Water Safety Instructor Certification
American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) or Certified Pool Operator (CPO) Certification
American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Trainer
with Cherokee County Aquatic Center
Creates a positive Team environment that fosters learning and fun.
Works with facility to create meet schedules annually, as well as practice groups and schedules.
Develop and improve technical and physical skills of swimming in each participant.
Create and implement dryland training program.
Plan & lead daily practices for assigned groups.
Cautions swimmers regarding unsafe practices and safety hazards; enforces and adheres to pool rules and regulations.
Works with facility to set attendance & discipline policies for swimmers and keeps records of attendance.
Develops seasonal training plans.
Establish and maintain communication with parents and swimmers.
Organizes swim meets and meet volunteers.
Travels to away swim meets with the team.
Acts as coordinator for Summer Swim Team.
Required to use Meet/Team Manager to facilitate Team needs
Coordinates and schedules any off season events/programs.
Assists with hiring, training, and disciplining all coaches.
Supervises assistant coaches, head summer league coach, and other instructors assigned to swim team programs.
Maintain all certifications.
Rescues swimmers in danger of downing.
Administers First Aid/CPR/AED as necessary.
Follows emergency action plan and procedures established in the event of an emergency.
Responsible for the care and maintenance of the swim team equipment.
with Bel Air Athletic Club & Spa
Bel Air Athletic Club Swim Team is searching for a talented & motivated individual to assist in our journey to the next level of success.
Our team of just over 100 swimmers, is located north of Baltimore in a large family-oriented fitness club. We have two 6-lane 25-yard pools and a smaller instructional pool. Our team is institution owned and run by the coaches to provide opportunities for swimmers of all levels.
We focus on IMX/IMReady & Fundamentals with long term development of our swimmers in mind.
High energy, creativity and a passion for the sport of swimming are requisite as well as excellent administrative capacities and great communication skills: swimmers, parents, peers.
In addition, we have the support of a non-profit parents booster club to provide us with funds for equipment and social activities to support our teams needs.
- Work with head coach on team and group goals and season as well as long term planning
- Lead Coaching our Auk (40+ swimmers w/2-3 other coaches) Group & other groups as needed.
- Being lead on team inquiries and scheduling placement sessions
- Plan and arrange for swim clinics and other aquatic related events
- In charge of team registrations and communication with MD Swimming in that regard
- Administrative Duties as Required (Team Unify, MS Office & general computer literacy helpful!) including meet entries, group emails, IMX tracking, etc.
- Experience educating, energizing & having fun with 12 & younger swimmers
- Always coaches from both ends of the pool to keep swimmers on their toes!
- ASCA level 2 (or equivalent preferred) or higher: at least USA Swimming 2nd year certified
- Capacity to take on the beginning of each season workload while maintaining training excellence.
- LGI a big plus (Lifeguard Instructor) as is swim lesson experience
Full time benefits include- health insurance, club membership, ASCA membership. Additional income opportunities for candidates interested in managing the swim school.
The position is available immediately for the right candidate but will consider later start dates for smooth transition from current situations.
with Team Greenville/Greenville County Parks, Recreation, & Tourism
Swim Coach (Full Time Position)
Team Greenville/Greenville County Aquatic Complex @ Westside Park
Greenville County, Parks, Recreation, & Tourism
Competitive Salary (final compensation determination based on individual experience/qualifications)
Complete benefits package including retirement
We are seeking a dynamic, passionate, and capable individual to join our award-winning team as a full-time Swim Coach. At GCPRT, we are all about building community through our people, parks, & programs – and this position provides great opportunity and meaningful work in an outstanding environment.
Our Team Greenville is a year round program of Greenville County Rec and is regularly recognized as a Bronze level USA swim club. Team Greenville offers a diversity of competitive, instructional and fitness opportunities for all ages and abilities. The competitive program typically numbers 200 or more swimmers and we plan to grow! Team Greenville practices at the state of the art Greenville County Aquatic Complex @ Westside Park – a 52,000 square foot indoor facility boasting both a 50 meter by 25 yard deep water competition pool and a separate five lane, 25 yard, warm water; teaching, therapy, recreation, and fitness pool.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Plans, organizes and implements a proactive program for assigned swimming groups.
- Coordinates and schedules daily, weekly, seasonal and yearly swim training programs.
- Plans, schedules and supervises swim practices.
- Conducts group and individual conferences with swimmers and parents to discuss program requirements and progress.
- Plans, organizes and supervises swim competitions and camps.
- Cultivates a team approach and works harmoniously with staff of all levels. Communicates efficiently and effectively with all staff, membership, department, and community.
- Assists in enforcing rules and regulations for aquatics facility use.
- Assists in evaluating programs for effectiveness; implements changes as appropriate to improve programs and services.
- Participates in marketing and public relations efforts to increase participation in aquatics programs and activities.
- Recruits, trains and assists in supervising assigned part-time staff as needed.
- Two years relevant experience.
- National certification of at least ASCA Level 3 or higher as a swimming coach.
- A passion for swimming and team excellence, exceptional leadership and communication skills, and Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred though relevant experience may be substituted for this requirement.
- Must possess (or obtain after hire): safety training for swim coaches and CPR/First Aid/AED certification.
- Valid driver’s license.
The Greenville County Parks, Recreation & Tourism is nestled in Upstate South Carolina close to the Blue Ridge Mountains and only three hours from the beach. The area has combined traditional southern charm, stunning natural beauty and an unexpected contemporary cool which has combined to create one of America’s hottest emerging destinations and fastest growing cities. From a revitalized downtown ranked among “America’s Ten Best” by Forbes Magazine to downtown Greenville’s one-of-a-kind Liberty Bridge, quaint shops, boutiques, and fabulous restaurants to a world-class collection of museums, galleries, and theaters to some of the most beautiful lakes, rivers and mountains in the world, Greenville is everything they say it is and more. http://www.visitgreenvillesc.com/
ABOUT GREENVILLE COUNTY PARKS, RECREATION & TOURISM
Creating community through people, parks and programs.
We believe parks and programs offer more than venues for recreation – they create community. Parks improve our quality of life by promoting health and wellness, fostering cultural unity, supporting economic development, and protecting the environment. Our mission is to be a leader in providing diverse, dynamic, ever-improving recreational opportunities in a sustainable manner. We are the largest provider of public leisure opportunities in the greater Greenville, South Carolina area with over fifty five parks and recreation facilities. Our sites provide the setting for a variety of programs for citizens of all ages.
To apply, please visit
and submit your online application
(be sure to also upload your resume within the application as well).
Questions regarding the position?
Contact Karl Kozicki at 864-679-SWIM
or email him at [email protected]
with St. Andrew's School of Delaware
St. Andrew’s is looking for a head swim coach for the 2017-2018 winter season, officially beginning November 10, lasting until the end of February 2018. The candidate should have coaching experience with high school students ranging from beginning swimmers to those looking to compete collegiately. A head coach would need to plan effective practices for the whole range of swimmers, help coordinate and host meets at the St. Andrew’s pool, and manage team logistics like equipment and swimwear. We’re looking for someone who can inspire, who believes in student-athletes, who can work with other coaches, who can teach positively and effectively, who understands the joys and purpose of high school athletics, and who honors students for the evolving people that they are.
The swim team has full use of our aquatic center: six lanes, 25 meters. Almost all meets are home. Additionally, none of our swimmers participate in club teams during the season.
Last year both boys and girls won the conference title, the boys for the 10th time in the last 11 years. In the 2017 state tournament, the boys came in fourth, and the girls came in tenth.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Will Speers, Associate Head of School at [email protected].
with Trinity College - Ferris Sports Center
Trinity College in Hartford CT, an NCAA Division III, liberal arts and science college in the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC), is seeking to fill a full time assistant coach for both our men’s and women’s swimming & diving teams.
DUTIES: Responsibilities include assisting the head coach in the development of leading and organizing all facets of a Division III men’s and women’s swimming program, knowledge of and adherence to NESCAC and NCAA rules, recruiting, practice planning and execution, teaching responsibilities and mentoring student-athletes. The assistant coach will also have administrative duties within the Department.
· Taxable housing benefit provided by the college
· Medical & Dental Insurance plan for purchase
· 1 meal per day in the dining hall
· Tuition remission to take graduate classes here at Trinity
Trinity College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants with disabilities should request, in advance, any accommodation in order to participate more fully in the application process.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree. Proven successful men’s and/or women’s swimming coaching experience and/or college swimming experience. Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, advanced social media skills, and a strong knowledge of Hy-tek and Meet Manager software. Ability to teach physical education courses in aquatics preferred. Candidate should be considering a career in college coaching.
Review on applicants will begin immediately until position is filled.
with Marlins of Raleigh
The Marlins Of Raleigh Swim Team has a full time position as Site Coach and Pool Manager. MOR is looking for an enthusiastic, organized and driven individual to manage our new facility at Silverton in Cary, NC. and coach the MOR swim team at this site that will be starting from scratch. There are 10,000 swimmers in the local summer league with multiple summer league teams in close proximity of the Silverton Site to draw from.
The Successful full-time candidate should be an accomplished swim coach able to work with ages 8-U –13-14, have pool management skills, good people skills, self discipline, and a good team player. They will also be responsible for initiating swim lessons program, and overseeing masters swimming and other aquatic programing. They should have a college degree and all required USA Swimming certifications and be able to pass USA Swimming Background screening. Only individuals who currently reside in the US should apply. This position begins Sept. 1, 2017 or as soon as possible. Compensation will be competitive since it is both pool manager and coach.
MOR is North Carolina’s only Gold Medal Club and had 13 swimmers at the 2016 US Olympic Trials. MOR has grown from 6 to 600 swimmers since 2001 and has a current full time staff of 9. The Raleigh area was voted the #7 best swim city by USA Swimming.
with YMCA Red Bank Swim Team
The Community YMCA Red Bank Swim Team is seeking a full-time Associate Head Coach for its year round competitive swim team of 335 swimmers at its Camp Zehnder/Wall facility located at the Jersey Shore in southern Monmouth County. Red Bank took 2ndplace at this summer’s 2017 YMCA Long Course National Championships and was the 2016 New Jersey YMCA State Champions. The Swim Team Associate Head Coach/Camp Zehnder Site Coach is responsible for the supervision and direction of a safe, positive and organized competitive swimming program in accordance with the YMCA of the USA and the Community YMCA that will support youth development in spirit, mind and body, strengthen family support and encourage social responsibility.
Salary Range of $42,500-47,500, plus benefits, 7% contribution to retirement.
Community Relations / Marketing
- Promote team in Southern Monmouth County
- Provide excellent member service
- Maintain positive communications between YMCA, coaches, and Swim Team Parents
- Create a positive program environment with encouragement, goal setting and positive reinforcement
- Support in all development of the swim team program while providing a program that is culturally balanced and fits the needs of the Southern Monmouth County Community.
- Present a professional image
- Assist in staff training, supervision, and development
- Maintain instructor level certification to assist in staff training (i.e. First Aid & CPR)
- Attend or Lead YMCA and Swim Team program meetings/trainings as needed or assigned
Program Development – Coaching
- Establish consistency throughout all areas of the program.
- Design and deliver practice sessions that teach competitive swimming stroke skills and train swimmers in preparation for competition
- Develop and run clinics in the off-season for high school swimmers.
- Coordinate with aquatic director about swim lessons and pre-teen programs. Assist in site operations.
- Attend all meets, including overnight travel.
- Manage and coach the summer swim team.
- Act as site supervisor when head coach is not on site.
- Lead coaching responsibilities for the site.
- Maintain rosters and attendance records for all age groups within the program
- Evaluate team members and record progress
- Attend and help facilitate parent meetings, competitions and team activities
- Maintain constant visual contact with all program participants
- Ensure safety of all participants
- Maintain swim team equipment, advise supervisor of equipment needs or hazards.
- Complete accident/incident reports as necessary
- Know, support and enforce The Community YMCA, Family Health and Wellness branch and program policies
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Minimum age of 21.
- BS Degree
- Incumbent should have a minimum of five years of competitive swimming coaching
- Must be knowledgeable in a variety of techniques; be flexible, patient, enthusiastic and well organized
- Ability to complete certifications in CPR, First Aid, Lifeguarding, Coaches Safety Training for Swim Coaches as well as Principles of YMCA Competitive Swimming & Diving within six months of employment.
Maintain the physical requirements necessary to maintain safety certifications. Must be able to stand or sit on the pool deck for up to four hours. Must be able to observe participants and communicate clearly.
Must be able to think in the abstract, solve problems, make decisions, instruct, evaluate and remember. Must be able to communicate clearly with both children and adults.