The Bay Club Company is headquartered in San Francisco, with clubs from Marin to San Diego and a team of more 3,000 associates who are guided by integrity, innovation, growth, and community. Sparked by imagination and a progressive culture, the Company has entered a growth plan that has taken it from 12 clubs to more than 20 properties in an 18-month period, with continued accelerated growth anticipated over the next five years. And we’re looking for talented and motivated individuals—who also believe in living life happy—to join our quickly growing team!
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Advancement opportunities
- Complimentary full use of Bay Club facilities
- Discounts on services, lessons, amenities, and F&B products.
About the Position
The Aquatics Department at Bay Club Redwood Shores, A Bay Club Property, is currently seeking a motivated and ambitious Assistant Head Swim Coach. Under the direction of the Aquatics Director and Director of Competitive Swimming, the Assistant Head Panthers Swim Coach is responsible for help managing and coaching the year round USA swim team; maintaining a safe and effective learning environment while focusing on the fulfillment of clients’ swimming goals; achieving personal revenue goals; and providing the best customer service and hospitality to members and guests.
- Provide coaching for swim team; provide specific and corrective feedback to each swimmer at each session
- Design and deliver effective, consistent, and rewarding season plan and daily workouts
- Recruit new swimmers to join swim team
- Collaborate with other Bay Club Coaches, delivering a consistent, team oriented program
- Actively participate in events, programs meetings and trainings
- Help keep pool deck clean, safe and organized
- Follow all safety procedures and precautions
- Current USA Swimming Coach Certified
- ASCA Certified preferred
- Current Red Cross Lifeguarding, CPR, AED & First Aid certifications or Swim Coach Safety Training
- Experience in Competitive Swimming as a participant or a coach
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, and sales techniques
- Knowledge of water hazards, lifesaving techniques and first aid, recognize hazardous situations, and adopt effective courses of action
- Requires proficient swimming ability and the proper application of rescue and first-aid techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills
Hours: Will vary, PART or FULL time
- Work is typically performed outdoors in varying and occasionally extreme (hot) weather conditions.
- Ability to arrive at work on time for all scheduled work shifts required. Ability to work weekends, evenings, and holidays required.
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and readily able to adjust to changes in work environment.
- Position requires daily public contact.
- Must be able to work in a hot environment
- Must occasionally sit for extended periods and regularly walk around the facility
- Mobility around and in the pool.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and details regarding your availability to [email protected]
with Oklahoma Christian University
Help coach and manage Oklahoma Christian University Swim Team from Aug 20 thru April 27. Normal duties apply: help with 10 practices a week, recruiting and various administrative work. Salary between $10k and $20k depending on credentials. Graduate Assistant positions available also. Olympian and head coach Josh Davis, has a growing team with lots of potential and is looking for a great Christian Coach to help us to the next level. Email Coach Davis at [email protected]
with Monterey Park Manta Rays
Monterey Park Manta Rays (MPMR) is seeking a head coach.
MPMR is a non profit, board run swim team with 115+ swimmers to future qualifiers. The club trains at a 50 meter outdoor facility with four main training groups; development, competitive development, age group and senior.
Responsibilities include working closely with the head coach to support and promote the philosophy and training plan for participation and competition of all swimmers in assigned groups. Maintaining a safe, friendly, positive and productive athletic environment that promotes hard work, self – discipline and good sportsmanship and respect for others. Teach, train and motivate swimmers to achieve their mental and physical potential using age and experience, appropriate techniques as directed by the head coach. You must be available weekdays between 4pm-8pm plus occasional weekend competitions including morning practices during our summer months. Maintain accurate daily records including attendance and prepare training plans while effectively coaching to the skill standards set forth by the head coach.
with Sedona Swim Team
***************THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED****************
Beautiful Sedona, AZ is seeking a Head Swim Coach. Under the supervision of the Board of Directors, the Head Swim Coach will be responsible for carrying out the overall goals and objectives while promoting fun and team spirit.
– Up to date in USA Swimming coaching credentials, or the ability to obtain within 30 days or less.
– Must possess the knowledge and ability to teach all competitive strokes, rules and regulations to team members.
– Must be able to plan practice sessions and swim meets, bring creative programming ideas to the team, maintain equipment and show a responsible attitude toward the team.
– In addition to the above requirements, it is expected that the Head Swim Coach will bring to his/her position maturity, responsibility, positive values and sincere interest in working with people and shaping young athletes.
– We are a year round team that administers to all USA competitive training groups: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Senior, with the opportunity to coach Masters.
– Willingness to become a Certified Pool Operator may increase hours and compensation.
with Georgetown University
The Assistant Coach for Men and Women’s Swimming and Diving recruits, retains, supervises, and coaches NCAA Division I swimming and diving student-athletes, under the guidelines of Georgetown, the BIG EAST Conference and NCAA, and carries out duties within the stated philosophy of Georgetown athletics and its educational mission. Reporting to the Head Coach for Men and Women’s Swimming and Diving, the Assistant Coach has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Follows all institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations to insure compliance.
- With general policy guidance from the Head Coach, makes decisions to successfully achieve department goals and objectives, and is accountable for the development of team policies and goals.
- Actively participates in practices and meets, such as meet preparation, practice planning, skill and video sessions (including working individually with, advising, and critiquing student-athletes to develop and improve their skills), weight training, and fitness programs.
- Evaluates prospective student-athletes, and analyzes and determines their abilities and whether they may succeed athletically and academically at Georgetown.
- Recommends or determines which prospective student-athletes the team should focus its time and resources to recruit, and then contacts and recruits such prospects.
- Performs additional duties such as monitoring of student-athlete academic performance; conducting, advising, counseling student-athletes regarding performance and conduct; identifying and addressing student-athlete welfare issues; and representing the University in donor/alumni public relations and community programs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of coaching and/or playing experience, preferably at the Division I level
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of intercollegiate swimming and diving
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment, academic eligibility requirements, and retention of student-athletes
- Knowledge of athletics recruitment methods and techniques
- Ability to create a database for all prospects – preference for recruiting software database experience
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills that demonstrate an ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and in writing
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record and insurability
- Proficiency in computer use and relevant Microsoft applications
- Availability and willingness to work weekends and evenings
with Team Charlotte Swimming
Team Charlotte Swimming is seeking a assistant coach for our swimmers ranging 6-10 years for our uptown site of the Charlotte area.
This position is part time with compensation based on knowledge and experience. We are looking for someone is who energetic, knowledgeable and passionate for age group competitive swimming.
Responsibilities would include:
– write and/or administer swim and dryland workouts
– Complete meet entries
– Attend meets
– Communicate with parents
Coach will be on deck on average five days a week and attend a meet once a month.
Team Charlotte Swimming (“TEAM”), Charlotte, N.C., with 35+ years of excellence in year-round competitive swimming. TEAM is a nonprofit, USA Swimming club comprised of 250+ age group swimmers and 9 coaches. We operate out of 4 aquatic facilities. Ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, passion for teaching and swimming, and a demonstrated ability to motivate athletes in and outside of the pool.
with Life Time Athletic
with Life Time
Manager with Direct Reports
with Northland United Swim Team
Northland United is a looking for qualified swim coaches who love the sport and being part of a dynamic team. NLU is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization recognized as a USA Swimming Level 3 program operating at three locations in the Kansas City area. We operate out of the Park Hill Aquatic center in the Kansas City Northland.
The NLU Swim Coach is responsible for planning, managing and directing age group swim practices of approximately 25-30 swimmers; Specifically duties shall include, but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Develop daily, weekly and season practice plan – dryland too;
- Coaching, guiding, and providing feedback to student athletes
- Comprehensive knowledge of the rules, fundamentals and technique of swimming in all four strokes;
- Maintain current CPR/AED and First Aid certification.
- Complete all trainings to comply with USA Swimming requirements.
- Develop and facilitate age level appropriate practices while maintain a conducive and safe environment.
- Develop positive relations with swimmers, parents and the NLU Board of Directors. This includes proper dress, language, demeanor and relations.
- Use of proper judgment to assess skills, aptitude, interest, citizenship, future ability and temperament for placement and continued enrollment on the team.
- Competitive swimming or coaching experience is preferred
- Availability Hours: Monday – Friday 4-7pm; Saturdays 6-10am;
- 15-20 hours per week; Competitive pay $12-$15 per hour;
- All USA Swimming credentials and background check required, NLU will assist with cost in attaining.
with T3i Services Inc.
T3I Coaches assigned to the Battlefield Airmen (BA) Preparatory Course at Lackland AFB, San Antonio, TX, provide training and development of the Air Force’s (AF) future BA, who are organized, trained, and equipped to deliver distinctive expertise in combat and other high-risk environments. As the only AF capability specifically designed to primarily operate as surface combatants, BA directly assist, control, enable, and execute air and space-power capabilities to conduct: Joint Fires Integration, Special Operations, Personnel Recovery, Tactical Airlift Operations, and Special Weather Operations.
Selected coaches are assigned to a team that is responsible for preparing BA recruits for physical and mental success during their 12 to 24 month training pipelines. Daily activities include instruction, demonstration, and application of physical training principles and techniques, with emphasis on body-weight exercises, functional movements, and performance under load. Coaches have daily contact and interaction with AF trainees and senior leaders, as well as other staff members, contractors and vendors. As such, Coaches must adhere to the highest standards of conduct throughout the course of their daily activities and apply appropriate relationships with trainees, customers, and teammates.
Required Skills, Experience & Abilities:
- Swim Coaching experience at a competitive level (club, collegiate, or Olympic)
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of sound training skills, relevant to fitness and athletics
- Develop, implement and teach foundational fitness skills to students with varying ability levels
- Build rapport with students and motivate them to achieve higher levels of performance
- Strong communication (written and oral), leadership and organizational skills
- Effectively teach various blocks of instruction related to health, fitness and physical performance
- Pass fitness test; 500-yard swim, 48 sit-ups, 40 pushups, 6 pull-ups and a 1.5mile in =< 12:00.
- Maintain a high degree of personal fitness and lead by example
- Be able to demonstrate all physical exercises and events required of the students
- Employ relevant technologies to support the training program and improve students’ performance
- Evaluate and provide written professional assessments on emerging technologies’
- Successfully complete the High-Risk Training Course taught by military instructors
- Study, follow and apply designated AF training and safety directives and guidelines
- Effectively work with frequent changes, interruptions and varying environmental conditions
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience developing and conducting collegiate, Olympic or professional athletic programs
- Experience coaching athletes at the club, collegiate, Olympic or professional level
- Highly successful athlete at the club, collegiate, Olympic or professional level
- Prior military service in Special Operations or other Combat Arms specialty
Required Education and Certifications:
B.S. or B.A. degree in Health and Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or related field
Certified Level 3 American Swimming Coach (ASCA)
Certified Lifeguard, CPR, AED, and First Aid
Desired Education and Certifications:
M.S. or M.A. degree in Sports, Athletics, Fitness, Nutrition or related field of study
Certified Level 4/5 American Swimming Coach (ASCA)
Certified Instructor for Lifeguard, CPR, AED, and First Aid
Required Background Check: National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI)
Type of Employment: Full Time
Work Location: Lackland AFB, San Antonio, TX
with Life Time
Manager with Direct Reports
with Savannah Swim Team
1) Bachelor’s Degree is preferred (exercise science, education, etc).
2) Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Age Group Coach with a USA Swimming team.
3) Excellent communication skills.
4) Positive and energetic presence with a passion for teaching technique.
5) Current CPR, First Aid, Coaches Safety, and Safe Sport certifications and membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
Preferred start date: May 1st, 2018. The position will remain open until filled. Salary range $13 per hour. Great opportunity for incentives, and bonuses available.
with Speedo USA / PVH
Manager Marketing, Sales Promotion – SPEEDO
- Robust collaboration on strategic marketing plans with account marketing leads, Marketing Director and cross-functional leadership teams (Sales, Brand, Marketing, Merchandising, Planning)
- Drive brand equity at an account level
- Partner closely with sales on strategic business development
- Point person with all cross-functional marketing groups in addressing all non-digital account marketing needs
- Collaborate the strategic planning, organization and implementation (including shipping, vendor sourcing, monitoring, and management) of all retail marketing assets: inclusive of in-store placement of fixtures, POS signs & graphic packages and other branding opportunities
- Development and management of all brand tradeshow needs
- Oversee Specialists/Coordinators account communications and all visual presentation direction to the field utilizing written and multi media skills
- Collaborate on Retail Sales GTM process for all channels: produce sell-in support materials and participate in account meetings, to secure retail space and oversee direct reports to ensure all in-store assets are developed, shipped, installed and maintained
- Monitor and maintain budgets
- Ability to oversea direct reports in building reports to analyze marketing initiatives and evaluate successes and areas needing improvement
- Collaborate on holistic marketing calendar to work in tandem with digital marketing needs.
- Work closely with Director of Marketing to execute on:
- Marketing allowance at account level (coop, development funds or any incremental investments)
- Brand partnership investment in resources and budget
- Sports marketing initiatives execution strategy and investment in resources and budget
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with sales, accounts and functional groups
- Oversee and build quality creative briefs around sales and account needs.
- Collaborate with bi-coastal marketing operations team and brand Project Manager to effectively drive projects to completion
- 5+ years of experience either within a large consumer based company preferably in the sporting good business
- Ability to analyze and report on season retail campaigns successes and areas needing improvement
- Experience managing a team
- Experience in retail marketing
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
with SwimLabs El Dorado Hills
Job Title: Instructor
Reports to: Aquatics Director
Date Updated: March 19, 2018
Accomplishes department objectives by teaching clients how to swim; maintaining facility cleanliness; providing exceptional customer service.
Essential Job Duties
- Teaches lessons to all ages and abilities; conducts lessons according to SwimLabs training; upholds company core values and displays competence in performing expectations.
- Provides accountability by submitting lesson plans in a timely manner; completes lesson notes for private lessons; communicates issues or questions to management.
- Establishes strategic goals by using lesson plans; builds relationship with clients; is prepared to teach upon arrival to work; is safe and competent to be left alone.
- Accomplishes responsibilities outside of teaching objectives by documenting completed tasks; takes initiative to find work; uses sound judgment to make decisions.
- Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; provides a safe and comfortable environment for all clients; resolves issues; identifying needs; recommending system improvements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Complies with employment expectations; makes appropriate adjustments when requested by management, including evaluation feedback; upholds standards of all signed contracts.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Customer Service, Performance Management, Lesson Management, Quality Management, Effective Communication, Results Driven, Team Oriented, Teachable, Handles Pressure, Giving Feedback, CPR & First Aid Certified, SwimLabs Level I Certified.
Job Type: Part-time
with Dartmouth College
Dartmouth College, a member of NCAA Division 1 and the Ivy League, seeks an Assistant Coach for Men’s and Women’s Swimming. This is a full-time position with benefits that reports to the Head Coach of Men’s and Women’s Swimming. The successful candidate will assist with all areas of the men’s and women’s swimming program including practice/meet planning and coaching, individual skill development and training, recruiting, and administrative tasks. Requirements: Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience; experience as a competitive swimmer and/or coach at the collegiate level preferred; excellent organization and communication skills, and the ability to recruit effectively within the Ivy League philosophy of no athletic scholarships and highly selective admissions standards.