Date posted: July 5, 2021
Location: Mission Viejo Nadadores, 27474 Casta Del Sol, Mission Viejo, CA, USA
with Mission Viejo Nadadores
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR for Non-Profit – Mission Viejo Nadadores (MVN)
Seasoned Business Professional with proven experience growing revenues and managing diverse personalities in a kind, positive and professional manner – experience in Swimming/Diving is needed!
Position: Executive Director (ED)
Reports to: Mission Viejo Nadadores Foundation Board of Directors
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
MVN is seeking applicants for the ED position. If you are qualified and interested, send an email explaining why you are the right candidate for this position, along with your resume to [email protected]
The Mission Viejo Nadadores Foundation (MVNF) operates consistent with tax-exempt status in accordance with section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code, and is responsible for the Mission Viejo Nadadores Aquatic programs.
Located in beautiful Orange County/Southern California, the MVNF is responsible for enabling member athletes to achieve sustained competitive excellence in local, national, international, and Olympic competition, while promoting good sportsmanship and developing engagement and public interest for our athletes in the sports of swimming and diving.
This is a new position and is responsible for the organization’s overall achievement of its mission and financial objectives through its day-to-day operations. The position will oversee the administrative headquarters (Mission Viejo, CA), manage and direct the staff members, and administer the policies and overall operations of the organization as established by the Board of Directors (approx. 14 Members). Direct reports include the Head Coaches and Facility Program Directors (Swimming and Diving).
The ED must have outstanding communication skills, integrity, and public speaking experience as they will be the MVNF spokesperson, and must remain above reproach in professional communication and behavior(s). Coordination of the MVNF strategic plan and Board policies, along with knowledge of the rules and policies governing National Swimming and Diving Clubs (USA Diving, USA Swimming, FINA, NCAA, AAU, YMCA, ISL and the United States Olympic and ParaOlympic Committee (USOPC)), will be necessary for success in this role.
The ideal candidate is an accomplished executive/business leader with proven ability and success in growing revenue, managing staff members, and working productively with a strong, diverse volunteer board of directors. Commitment to collaboration, and being responsive to all questions, complaints and concerns from parents, staff and board members is expected. Candidate must be adept at building consensus, issue/crisis management, and dispute resolution.
A long history of working in the sports of swimming and/or diving, and/or a passion for a similar sports organization – understanding how they are organized and operate from small community/grassroots to the World Championships and Olympic Games – is what we seek. You must have a desire for developing talent and patience for the individuals alongside this journey (parents, coaches, board members, etc.). Inspiring and energizing others around the vision for the club’s future, is a must of this position. Demonstrated success with earning the respect of subordinates, peers, and superiors, along with building a culture “for the athletes” that permeates the staff culture is what will make you successful in this role!
Key Responsibilities and Qualifications
Administration, Program Development and Strategic Partnerships:
In conjunction with the Board of Directors (BOD), the ED is responsible and accountable for development and growth of the MVNF aquatic programs.
• Develop MVNF’s short and long-term operating plans consistent with the overall strategic plan • Maintain a healthy revenue stream and explore business opportunities to grow revenue
• Provide insightful leadership in developing programs, organizational and financial plans with the BOD, City of Mission Viejo and staff while carrying out plans and policies approved by the BOD
• Create strategies for corporate partnerships, public relations, long term fundraising and marketing campaigns • Build and maintain strong relations with the City of Mission Viejo and the Mission Viejo Chamber of Commerce as well as USA Diving and USA Swimming.
• Recruit, hire, lead, and supervise staff
• Write and approve staff job descriptions
• Ensure adherence to CA 501(c)(3) non-profit standards and practices
• Complete annual performance evaluations of Head Coaches and other direct reports
• Develop an organizational focus on customer service, Safe Sport adherence and athletic excellence
• Address issues in a manner that prioritizes the safety, opportunity, and overall well-being of athletes
• Maintain a can-do, goal-oriented, entrepreneurial environment, that motivates staff
• In consultation with Head Coaches/Program Directors, provide oversight of the competitive calendar and programming
Revenue, Budget, and Finance:
• Work with staff, Treasurer, and BOD to establish and operate within designated budget
• Develop and execute fundraising programs as well as strategies to acquire and retain sponsors • Coordinate advertising, promotions, and public relations activities to assure the growth of the MVNF brand
• Develop marketing strategies that promote all programing and MVNF as well as specific events and athletes
• Negotiate all contracts as authorized by the BOD
• Leads by Example – Operates with an “open door” and an “open mind”
• Solicits input and perspective on key issues and projects – an active listener who builds consensus and finds the common ground in resolving issues
• Keeps the staff, BOD and volunteer constituencies updated/informed on important issues
• Communicates regularly with the BOD on the state of the organization, and important factors influencing the organization
• Develops collegial, fiscal, and partnering relationships with all sport affiliated organizations including the USOPC, FINA, United States Anti-Doping Agency, United States Aquatic Sports, NCAA, AAU, YMCA, ISL and all other organizations that participate in or have interest in swimming and diving
• Acts as spokesperson and representative for the MVNF in engaging with the media and community at large
• Establishes positive working relationships with constituent groups including but not limited to: City of Mission Viejo and their Chamber of Commerce, other community groups, high schools and home schools, Universities and other related sports organizations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proven success in leading, building, managing, motivating, and encouraging professional growth of staff
• Successful track record in membership development and team growth
• Strong financial management skills, including budgeting, planning and administration
• Strong interpersonal communication skills, with a proven ability to establish and maintain relationships with grassroots through elite level programs and coaches
• Ability to confidently operate under pressure
• Ability to assertively coordinate major competitions
• Significant familiarity or experience with NCAA structure, rules, and regulations
• Public relations and media relations skills, a high degree of technological savvy to be able to use best practices for information technology, including social and digital media
• Deep understanding of the history of MVNF, along with the sports of swimming and diving in the United States
• Ability to create, develop and oversee the implementation of strategic and innovative business plans
• Leadership with fresh ideas, innovative thinking, and conventional best practices to ensure that MVNF stays on the leading edge of marketing and develops a powerful brand presence across the USA and the world
General Management Skills. An effective manager with a full range of general management skills, including strategic planning/execution, personnel and constituent management, financial acumen
A Passionate Leader. Dynamic personality with ability to motivate, inspire, and empower the teams/programs to succeed. Fosters a collaborative culture of consistently meeting, if not exceeding, expectations on time and within budget. Has the emotional intelligence to rise above the noise and frustrations that arise from time to time.
Innovative Marketing and Sales Professional. Savvy in marketing and building a business while being passionate about selling the sports to the local fan base, sponsors, media and television. Knows how to leverage connections to open doors and drive revenue. Continuously developing new ways of “creating events and buzz” that will allow the club to exceed sponsors’ expectations and harness the continued growth of swimming and diving, building engagement in the sports at both the grassroots and high-performance level.
Supporter of Athletes, Coaches, Staff and Volunteers. Knows that MVNF exists because of and for the athletes. Recognizes that the athletes, coaches, staff and volunteers will embrace a leader who embraces them and understands their value. Advocates for and protects their interests and safety.
Skilled Team Builder. Enjoys building and leading teams with diverse perspectives and talents while creating a great place to work for employees where everyone is held accountable for delivering results and individual and team victories are valued and celebrated. Pursues a collaborative approach to building alliances and rapport within the organization from the board level to the grassroots and with business partners.
• Minimum 5 years administrative leadership experience and a track record of growth and success with significant business/financial management and strategy development experience
• Sports marketing, joint venture, licensing, sponsor relationship experience whereby the person understands the way the sports industry operates today as well as the rapidly changing digital world
• Experience with developing and executing a strategic and visionary plan with measurable success
• The proven ability to build and maintain organizational financial stability and growth
• A strong reputation of authenticity, integrity, and accomplishments with peers and other industry executives that will garner instant credibility within and outside of the organization
• The ED should be a master-of-resources to draw upon both staff and volunteer leaders in successfully selling to external partners to increase participation and build spectator/viewer/reader interest in the sports at all levels
• A proven record of hiring exceptionally talented individuals who work as a team
Compensation includes base salary, bonus tied to results and a benefits package Compensation commensurate with experience and skills
Interested applicants email resume to: [email protected]
Date posted: July 3, 2021
Location: 8101 Wolftrap Road, Vienna, Va. 22182
with Nation's Capital Swimming, Inc
Nation’s Capital Swim Club is hiring multiple Assistant Age Group Coaches for its Maryland and Virginia training sites for this Fall 2021. We are looking for part-time assistant coaches to work with our 12 and under training groups, which practice 2-3 times per week. We also are looking for a coach to lead our Gold 3 group (13 & over) in Bethesda, MD which trains 4 times per week, 1.5 hours per practice.
- Prior coaching experience required, competitive coaching experience preferred.
- USA Swimming membership preferred, along with certifications in Athlete Protection, Concussion Protocol, First Aid for swim coaches and CPR/AED.
- NCAP will work with a candidate on becoming certified if needed.
- Ability to start working in early September 2021.
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Date posted: July 2, 2021
Location: Milwaukee, WI, USA
with SWMKE, LLC
SWMKE (Swim Milwaukee) is a growing coach-owned team located on the southeast side of Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
The team is seeking an individual interested in serving as the team’s Head Age Group Coach starting with the 2021-22 Short Course Season. This is an excellent opportunity to join the staff of an ever-growing competitive program/business and become a key contributor in the further development of a privately owned team.
– 2 or more years of coaching experience highly preferred
– Competitive swimming experience
– Willingness to help promote and grow the program
– High School Graduate or equivalent
– Must pass a background check
– Planning and implementing SWMKE’s Age Group program in and out of the water in coordination with the Head Coach.
– Actively promote and grow the SWMKE Age Group program.
– Handle Age Group administrative duties as assigned by the Head Coach, including but not limited to, developing the season training plans and goals for all Age Group training levels, the construction of daily practices, Age Group meet entries, Age Group parent and swimmer communication.
– Approximately 15-20 deck and administrative hours a week (including meets) are required.
– Flexible evening availability plus weekend availability is a must.
– $20-$30 per hour depending on experience with the potential to develop into a salaried position after one year with the team.
– SWMKE will reimburse expenses to become certified if needed.
– Additional optional income opportunities include private lessons and coaching the Masters team.
Date posted: July 2, 2021
Location: 533 Lomas Santa Fe Drive, Solana Beach, CA, USA
with Rancho San Dieguito Swim Team
Rancho San Dieguito Swim Team is a USA Swimming Silver Medal Club with a strong history of excellence since 1995. The Silver Medal Award ranks RSD as a top 100 team in the nation!
We are a teaching and values-based program providing challenging workouts in a positive environment. Our coaches have fun, our coaches are engaging, our coaches collaborate, our coaches all work together on a mission to develop both great people and great swimmers.
We are a big team with a small team feel, with supportive families and community.
RSD Swim Team is the primary aquatics program at the Boys and Girls Clubs of San Dieguito, directed by our Head Coach; with priority scheduling for all swim team practices and swim meets.
RSD is a shining example of the Boys and Girls Clubs of San Dieguito’s mission: (is) an organization dedicated to providing positive activities to develop the education, health, self-esteem, and character of youth. We are a POSITIVE PLACE FOR KIDS!
Our home is a team-run, two-pool facility at the Boys & Girls Club of San Dieguito in beautiful San Diego (Solana Beach), CA. Pardee Aquatics Center Address: 533 Lomas Santa Fe Drive, Solana Beach, CA 92075
We have immediate coaching openings for
- Head Age Group Coach – Full time benefits eligible position, responsible for the competitive success of over 250 swimmers ages 12 and younger.
- Lead/Division Coach – Part or full-time benefits eligible, responsible for season planning, daily practices, competitions, and associated administrative work specific to the group.
- Assistant Swim Coach – Part-time assistant with daily practices and competitions
Opening positions can range from part-time to full-time depending on practice group placement, with the possibility of additional administrative hours depending on experience.
Head Age Group could have a hybrid in-person and remote working arrangement.
Lead/Division Coach could have a hybrid in-person and remote working arrangement.
We are looking for experienced swim coaches. Coaching duties include daily practices, weekend swim meets (approximately one per month), regular staff meetings, and swim team administration duties. Specific duties will be communicated in detail to candidates progressing to step two of hiring process.
Candidates must be dynamic and passionate about working with our swimmers and families. Successful candidates will have a minimum of two years of coaching experience with a USA registered swim program. USA Swimming registration, ASCA membership, CPR certification, and lifeguarding certification are preferred.
Successful candidates may work with more than one practice group.
PAYRATE: This is an hourly/non-exempt position with a very competitive rate commensurate with experience. Full-time benefits-eligible to include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, retirement 401k, Flexible Spending Account, Supplemental Voluntary Insurance, holidays, vacation, and sick leave).
RSD will pay for USA Swim and other professional memberships, provides in-house safety training certifications (LG, CPR, First Aid, Coach Safety) and continuing education (clinics, books, videos, etc).
Date posted: July 2, 2021
Location: 4415 Innovation Way, Allentown, PA 18109, USA
with Valley Wellness Center
Full Time assistant manager/aquatic director needed for large upscale health, wellness, and recreation facility. More than a gym our membership based club offers an onsite salon/spa, three indoor and two outdoor pools. We also feature a recreation deck which hosts events as well as a full service cafe. Duties will be multifactorial ranging from planning aquatic programs, managing lifeguards, working with the aquatic facility operator to ensure proper water chemistry. The position also involves oversight of the sales department and accounts receivables. A willingness to be a team player and be involved in all aspects of the club operations is essential.
Job Type: Full-time
Date posted: July 1, 2021
Location: Monterey Park, CA, USA
with Monterey Park Manta Rays
- Work closely with the Head Coach to support and promote the philosophy and training plan for participation and competition of all swimmers in assigned groups.
- Maintain a safe, friendly, positive and productive athletic environment that promotes hard work, self-discipline, good sportsmanship and respect for self and others.
- Teach, train and motivate swimmers to achieve their mental and physical potential using age and experience appropriate techniques as directed by the Head Coach.
- Must be available to coach between 4 and 8pm Mon- Fri plus Saturdays.
- Maintain accurate daily records including attendance, maintenance requests and/or incident reports.
- Prepare training plans, and effectively coach to the skill standards set forth by the Head Coach for all assigned training groups.
- Attend all assigned competitions and training sessions – generally 1-2 weekend meets per month.
- Candidates must have a background in competitive club swimming with 2-3 years of coaching experience preferred; must be effective communicators with a positive attitude; must possess a thirst for new knowledge and more effective training and teaching methods; They should have a sound stroke mechanic philosophy.
- Have a track record of success producing age group swimmers that transition successfully to Senior swimmers.
- Understand the long-term development of the swimmer.
- Experience in developing young coaches as role will be responsible for mentoring and supervising Junior Coaches.
- A.R.C. or equivalent CPR, First Aid, and Safety Training required by time of employment.
- Candidates must submit to a background check and be free of felonies or any crimes related to abuse or sexual misconduct.
- Passion and enthusiasm for competitive swimming and the ability to build relationships with swimmers at all skill levels.
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with qualifications. MPMR provides full reimbursement for approved swim meet expenses as well as any professional development.
Date posted: July 1, 2021
Location: 3249 Alpine Road, Portola Valley, CA, USA
with Ladera Oaks
Ladera Oaks is seeking a qualified, USAS certified, Asst. Head Coach to help run their 120 athlete team. Duties would include M/W/F 12-1pm Masters as well as team practices (M-F 4-7pm) and occasional weekend swim meets. Additional swim lesson opportunities are endless. We are located in Palo Alto, CA, right down the street from Stanford University. Our facility has two pools, one that stays warmer for teaching as well as a 8 lane 25y training pool. We are a private swim and tennis club (though not all athletes must be club members). Ladera Oaks takes great pride in our history (John Naber and Ray Looze etc) but also our culture. We are excited to add someone who fits our culture and can continue to help our athletes compete at their highest level. Full Salary and health benefits included. Salary DOE.
Date posted: July 1, 2021
Location: Knoxville, TN, USA
with Prime Aquatics
FULL TIME SALARIED ASSISTANT COACH.
Prime Aquatics is located in the Southeastern LSC. The team operates in a 8 lane 25 meter pool during the winter season and a 7 lane 50 meter pool during the summer season. Seeking a qualified assistant swim coach to join our established team.
Prime Aquatics is looking for a confident coach with strong leadership skills to motivate and enhance our program. The ideal candidate is passionate about working with swimmers ages 5 to 18 and is comfortable coaching all skill levels. This coach should have good decision-making skills that are in the best interest of the athlete and the program and be able to create a safe and positive environment for our athletes to reach their potential. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Essential Job Functions:
The Assistant Swim Coach is on deck coaching for multiple squads ranging in age from 5-18 years, 6 days per week. Additional meet and travel time both locally and nationally as needed and outlined by the head coach. Administrative duties will include consistent and timely communication with all swimmers and their families, squad management, new athlete registration, event planning and utilization of software systems (MS office, Team Unify, HyTek). The Assistant Swim Coach will plan their squad’s seasonal practices, meets, travel, dryland training, athlete education and their own professional development with the guidance of the Head Swim Coach.
- Requires Current Coach Member in good standing with USA Swimming and Lifeguard Certification, USA Swimming background check, and Athlete Protection Training.
- Preferred 3 years swim coaching experience and a passion for the sport along with professional drive.
- Experience coaching novice through championship age group swimmers.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years related work experience.
- Cooperative and respectful communication style.
- Strong organizational, administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Well-versed in Team Unify, Hy-Tek, Team Manager and Meet Manager software systems, along with a working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Able to work seamlessly with all coaches to ensure that athletes 15 & under are being prepared for long-term progression through the team.
- Preference given to swim experience at a college level.
Date posted: July 1, 2021
Location: 677 West Whitehall Road, State College, PA, USA
with YMCA of Centre County - SCAY Aqualions
The State College Branch of the YMCA of Centre County is seeking an experienced Head Swim Team Coach for their team of 150+ swimmers. This is a full-time position with a comprehensive benefits package which includes generous paid time off, paid holidays, employer funded retirement plan after 2 years, and employer paid health insurance for the employee. Successful applicants will have at least 5 years of coaching experience that demonstrates successful program development and management, character driven leadership, excellent communication skills, and a personal commitment to the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. The Head Coach will be responsible for developing and supervising practices for all levels of swimmers; hiring, training, scheduling, and mentoring assistant coaches; and working closely with the parent committee on tasks such as recruiting and building team spirit. Previous experience with Hy-Tek swimming software (Team Manager and Meet Manager) and the Team Unify website/software platform is preferred. A current lifeguard certification, familiarity with the Y-USA swim lesson curriculum, USA Swimming Coach certification, and YMCA Swim Coach certification is preferred. A link to the full job description is available on our website: https://www.ymcaofcentrecounty.org/about/employment-opportunities/state-college-employment-opportunities/
Date posted: July 1, 2021
Location: 401 College Ave, Ashland, OH, USA
with Ashland University
Candidates must be able to teach proper technique and skill development in various aspects of swimming. Candidates should have a complete and thorough understanding of the sport and be able to instruct student-athletes in small group and one-on-one settings.
Applicants should be well versed and able to instruct student-athletes on physical health, team concepts and team building exercises, team development techniques and safety.
A thorough understanding of NCAA and GMAC rules and regulations is required. The assistant coach must adhere to these rules and help ensure that the program is in compliance with all rules, regulations and guidelines. The ability to articulate these to student-athletes is also required.
An understanding of Ashland University’s mission and goals is required. Applicants must have the ability to explain these to student-athletes.
This position reports to the head swimming and diving coach and the athletic director. This position could include other duties including event management and representing the athletic department at various functions.
Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
-Supervising multiple practices and events with both men’s and women’s teams
-Organizing plans for travel
-Coordinating the recruitment of potential student-athletes. The assistant swimming and diving coach will be required to recruit off campus and be involved in on-campus visits. The position will assist the head coach in developing the overall recruiting plan
-Monitoring academic progress of all student-athletes on the team and working with various constituencies across campus to ensure that student-athletes receive the proper academic counseling and assistance.
-Assisting the head coach with running fundraising campaigns
Requirements of this position:
A bachelor’s degree is required.
Candidates should be Life Guard, CPR, AED and First Aid certified or able to attain certification upon employment.
Candidates must have the ability to successfully impart knowledge on various training techniques and strokes in swimming.
Previous coaching and/or swimming experience on the college level is highly desired.
The ability to identify and recruit student-athletes is required.
This position requires well-developed communication skills, as well as strong time management and organizational skills.
The ability to work weekends and evenings is required. This position requires extensive travel in recruiting, winter training, and to meets.
Date posted: July 1, 2021
Location: 275 Convention Dr, Cary, NC 27511, USA
with Triangle Aquatic Center
Title: Executive Director
Dual Reporting: Michael Curran, Founder, The Michael G. Curran Family Foundation and TAC Chairman of the Board
General Job Description
The primary responsibility of the Executive Director is to proactively execute the long-term mission of the Triangle Aquatic Center with passion, purpose, and integrity beginning the first quarter of 2022. The three specific categories of responsibilities include 1) Mission – developing and nurturing community Strategic Partnerships to build and operate public aquatic facilities including ongoing expansions and renovations, 2) development and fundraising and 3) day-to-day operations. The Executive Director is the face of TAC in the community and is the key contact for community relations and industry leadership.
About the Triangle Aquatic Center
The Triangle Aquatic Center (“TAC”) is a 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit public aquatic facility located in Cary, North Carolina with a Mission, “To build and operate public aquatic facilities for the health, safety and competition needs of Triangle citizens and aquatic organizations.” TAC was built and funded with the support of the Michael G. Curran Family Foundation and by Triangle citizens. TAC receives no ongoing tax funding or municipal support. The 80,000-sf aquatic facility is built on a 21.5-acre aquatic campus, less than a mile off a major Interstate, I-40. The facility includes a 50-Meter pool, a 10-lane 25-yard pool and a warm water instruction pool. Supporting amenities include a 1,000-seat spectator stadium, a full-service cafe, Atrium, Fitness Center, Classroom, Smart Athlete Physiotherapy and Gallery. A 50-meter outdoor pool and administrative expansion is currently under construction and will be completed by the spring of 2022. The TAC Titans program is a year-round swim team who are consistently ranked #1 or #2 in the country.
About the Triangle Region
The Triangle Region of North Carolina is consistently recognized as one of the best places to live, work and play in the country. The Triangle is ranked the 7th best swimming community in the country by USA Swimming. It is home to the city of Raleigh, the capital of North Carolina and three highly recognized universities, Duke University, UNC-Chapel Hill, and NC State. The Triangle is a prosperous community of nearly 2 Million people with 44% earning a college degree. The Research Triangle Park is located in the heart of the Triangle and is home to many corporate headquarters and technology companies with a strong entrepreneurial culture.
Specific Job Responsibilities
* Mission Driven – Strategic Partnerships (50%). TAC’s business model is to expand by building and operating public aquatic facilities throughout the Triangle Region. This requires developing strategic partnerships with other nonprofit organizations, municipalities, and business organizations to build and renovate new aquatic facilities. The Executive Director will oversee all building and renovation projects.
* Development (25%). TAC’s long-term financial health and security is dependent on donations from the community and building Endowments for long-term maintenance and programming. TAC created its first endowment on August 13, 2018 and invests approximately 5.0% of all program revenue into the Endowment monthly. The purpose of the first Endowment is to fund the long-term maintenance of the Cary aquatic facilities and campus. Additional endowments for scholarship programs and special bequests need to be developed.
* Day-To-Day Operations (25%). TAC currently has four (4) Directors who report directly to the Executive Director including an Operations Director, Finance Director, Facility Director and TAC Titans Director / Head Swimming Coach. As TAC continues to grow, there are plans for an additional two Directors including a Fitness Director and Development Director. The Executive Director will manage the Directors, help them grow professionally and provide resources to help meet quarterly and annual goals. The Executive Director is the face of TAC in the community and should represent TAC with integrity and professionalism. It is expected that the Executive Director will attend community events (Chamber of Commerce, Sports Alliances, nonprofit partnership meetings, etc.). In addition, it is expected that the Executive Director will participate in industry events and take a leadership role in industry organizations.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Strong leadership skills and experience
* Highly organized and detailed oriented, with the ability to translate strategy into operational reality
* Excellent communication skills, including strong presentation and networking capabilities
* Financial management experience and knowledge
* Excellent interpersonal skills and comfortable working in a highly collaborative and dynamic growth- oriented work environment
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Working knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
Start Date: First Quarter, 2022
Education: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required. Post-Baccalaureate degree in business, sports management or a related discipline is preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 10 years of aquatic management, sports management or related management experience in other fields is required. Experience must include a minimum of five years managing high-level employees (Managers, Directors, Coaches, etc.)
Competitive Swimming: A competitive swimming or diving background is preferred but not required.
Compensation: Base Annual Salary $120,000
* 401(k) Retirement Eligible the first day of the quarter following 6 months of full-time employment. TAC matches 50% up to 4% of employee deferral.
* Insurance Eligible on the 1st day of the month following 90 days of full-time employment:
* Group Medical,Dental, Vision & Life Insurance:
– 75% TAC Contribution towards individual employee coverage (Medical, Dental & Vision)
– 25% TAC Contribution towards spouse & family coverage (Medical, Dental & Vision)
– 100% TAC Contribution (Life @ $50,000)
* Internal Programs Credit $1,000 credit per year. For use in all TAC & TITANS programs.
Date posted: June 30, 2021
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
with La Salle University
The Head Coach is responsible to direct and oversee all aspects of the assigned NCAA Division I sport program, including but not limited to recruiting, coaching, mentoring, supporting, and developing the student-athletes under their supervision. The Head Coach is responsible for compliance with all Conference and NCAA rules and represents La Salle University to the program’s various internal and external constituents. The Head Coach has an integral role in providing a positive experience for each student-athlete and is expected to support La Salle University’s educational philosophy and the goals of the Athletic Department as a loyal, energetic, and highly visible University representative.
• Teach, coach, mentor, and inspire student athletes up through graduation.
• Attend all competitions and practices and teach student-athletes proper skills and skill development in their sport.
• Create a positive environment for student-athletes by communicating clearly and fairly with each student-athlete on matters that affect his/her development including academic, physical, social, spiritual and athletic issues.
• Identify and recruit student athletes who are capable of competing successfully on the NCAA Division I level and who are capable of succeeding academically and graduating.
• Maintain precise records of all recruiting contacts in coordination with the Associate Athletic Director of Compliance.
• Recruit, train, and evaluate all assigned support staff within the program.
• Responsible for staying within fiscal and budgetary guidelines and maintaining expense reports for all scouting, recruiting and travel expenses.
• Coordinate and/or approve all recruiting travel for coaching staff and all on and off campus recruiting visits.
• Communicate with the Assistant Athletic Director for Communications on a regular basis on activities with public relations potential.
• Pass the NCAA test administered by the Faculty Athletics Representative to actively recruit.
• Serve as a representative of La Salle University and lead in an exemplary fashion including, but not limited to: Promote principles of sportsmanlike and ethical conduct that supports fundamental values of respect, fairness, civility, honesty, and responsibility among student-athletes, staff and fans; Demonstrate reasonable self-control at contests with players, opposing coaches and players, officials, and fans; Refrain from physical and verbal abuse of student-athletes, referees, or any persons associated with the Atlantic 10 Conference or the University; Accept no speaking engagement for money, endorsements, or any other outside employment at any time without prior approval of the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation.
• Responsible for compliance with all appropriate rules, regulations, processes, and principles including, but not limited to: All rules, regulations, and principles of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), the Atlantic 10 Conference and any other conference with which the University may have an affiliation; All policies and procedures of La Salle University that are applicable to employment at La Salle, the specific sport program, and to the students and athletes at La Salle, including but not limited to La Salle rules, regulations, policies, procedures, handbooks and manuals; All of the regulations of Title IX related to Athletics in the administration of all-intercollegiate athletic programs, policies, and procedures.
• Responsible for immediately reporting to the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation and any other appropriate individuals or agencies sensitive issues such as: Any suspected or alleged NCAA and conference eligibility problems, rules infractions, and disciplinary actions; Any suspected or alleged violations of any city, state, or federal laws; Any suspected or alleged violations of La Salle rules, regulations, policies, procedures, handbooks and manuals; Anything that may attract press/media attention.
• Promote the general University and Athletics program including, but not limited to: Attend appropriate alumni functions and post-game gatherings; Assist in organization, follow-up and contact of alumni and friends of the University for the purpose of recruiting quality student-athletes, promoting attendance at games, and promoting the University in general; Regularly communicate with students, faculty, and administration to promote general enthusiasm for the program and attendance at games; Be involved in the total athletic program of the University, including attendance at coaches meeting and support of department goals and objectives.
• Participate actively in professional organizations through attendance at conferences, clinics, and conventions as authorized by the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation or designee in order to maintain awareness and understanding of current developments within all areas of responsibility.
• Complete other duties as assigned by the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation, Senior Associate Athletic Director, or other designee.
Date posted: June 30, 2021
Location: 4040 Baker Road, Orchard Park, NY, USA
with Town Wreckers Swim Team
• Provides a positive, encouraging, and encouraging environment for swimmers of all skills and
• Proactively creates and leads practice sessions that are aligned with club philosophy and training
• Works with closely with the head coach on training direction and swimmer progression.
• Attends swim practices and meets, including weekend travel to away meets
• Participates in special activities to include team social events, banquets, award nights, and team
• Assistance with fundraisers and other “dryland” activities.
• Attends team staff meetings and trainings.
• 1-3 years of experience in coaching competitive swimming in a learn-to-swim, age group,
summer league or scholastic environments.
• Excellent communication skills with successful track record in working youth athletes.
• Swim Team Coaches must complete Red Cross Safety for Swim Coaches within the first 30 days
Targeted weekly hourly will range from 10-15 hours depending on competitions between 5-9pm on
weekdays and Saturday mornings during the school year and morning to midafternoon during the
summer during the week.
Date posted: June 30, 2021
Location: Marquette County, MI, USA
with Northern Michigan University
Northern Michigan University is seeking applicants for a part-time diving coach to assist in developing, promoting and supervising all facets of the university’s diving program. Our facility has a separate diving pool, 2 1-M boards, 1 3-M board, a 5-M platform, trampoline on deck with a spotting belt, a 1-M dry board on deck and a wet belt over a 1-M board. We also have a dedicated strength coach who works with our divers outside of the pool with diving specific training.
Part-Time Diving Coach for Northern Michigan University, NCAA D2. $16,000 for 10 month contract, may make additional funds through camps, clinics and other activities. GA position maybe possible upon inquiry.
Job Duties and Summary:
Operate all facets of a competitive diving program including the development of daily, weekly and seasonal training plans. Develop a complementary dryland program that is diving specific and work with our team strength coach to ensure the weights program is diving specific and coordinated with the diving seasonal training. Be able to work with both experienced, All-American level athletes as well as athletes who are new to 3-meter diving.
Duties also include assisting the head coach in the following areas:
- Ensuring all relevant institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations are followed including but not limited to; eligibility, recruiting, financial aid, scheduling and academic progress.
- Promoting a positive environment to encourage student athletes to strive for academic and athletic excellence.
- Assist in preparing and planning home meet operations and travel meet plans.
- Provide moral support and encouragement and ensure the safety and well-being of the student athletes.
- Establishing and maintaining a positive relationship with the community, media and the athletic department’s administrative staff.
- At least two years’ experience coaching diving at the club, high school or collegiate level, including 3-meter coaching experience.
- Experience teaching new dives and techniques related to competitive diving.
- Experience in analyzing diving performances and identifying areas needed for improvement.
- Knowledge of current training methods of all aspects of competitive diving.
- Knowledge of and ability to safely use a trampoline and spotting rig for training and instructive purposes.
- CPR/AED and HEADS UP Concussion certifications must be held or attained upon hire
- Options exist for establishing community diving programs, clinics and camps as an additional duty and income through Northern Michigan University’s recreational sports office.
Date posted: June 29, 2021
Location: 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL, USA
with Florida Atlantic University
FAU Swimming & Diving is looking to hire a diving coach for their men and women program.