Applications due 09/30/23
Date posted: August 21, 2023
Location: 1601 South Western Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD, USA
Sioux Falls Swim Team (SFST) is looking for a Head Development Coach to lead our developmental groups and coaches. SFST, a year-round competitive swimming club in Sioux Falls, SD, is currently accepting applications for the position of Head Developmental Coach. We are looking for a coach who is a dynamic team player and is excited to help SFST continue growing our 12 & Under program. We are looking for someone to contribute to our athlete’s growth both in and out of the pool.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for developing young swimmers and instill in them a love of competitive swimming!
- Plan and organize appropriate age group practices for the development of 12 & Under swimmers as well as those new to competitive swimming.
- Attend meet sessions and team events (1-2 a month).
- Provide a stable, professional, and positive environment for the athletes of SFST.
- Set up a goal setting program for age group swimmers.
- Provide assistance during fall and spring team tryouts.
- Effective communication with parents and swimmers of objectives and goals for athletes
- Able to exhibit strong effective teaching/communication skills with both athletes and assistant coaches.
- Knowledge of stroke and skill developing drill techniques
- Knowledge of season/workout planning and dryland training/technique
- Prior USA Swimming coaching experience with athletes of all ages a plus.
- Interested in working with all levels of swimmers.
- Maintain USA Swimming certifications.
How to Apply
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to Kyle Margheim at [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
PO Box 752
Sioux Falls SD 57101