Applications due 04/01/20
Location: Newark, DE, USA
Middle Atlantic Swimming is seeking an experienced leader to advocate for the growth and development of a diverse swimming community through education, innovation and a commitment to excellence.
Middle Atlantic Swimming in its continued success, has grown and matured in its existence as a USA Swimming Local Swimming Committee and nonprofit organization. To more efficiently and effectively serve its members and fulfill its mission to advocate the growth and development of a diverse swimming community through education, innovation and a commitment to excellence, the organization has created an Executive Director position.
The priorities for the first 12 months of the Executive Director tenure include:
- Becoming the face of Middle Atlantic Swimming.
- Raising visibility and increasing communication to both internal and external communities.
- Establishing a plan for increased member engagement at all levels – athlete, coach, club, parent.
- Improving the efficiency of the Middle Atlantic Swimming office.
The Executive Director will report directly to the Board of Directors and will lead the Middle Atlantic staff.
The Executive Director will provide strategic leadership for the organization based on the strategic direction established in partnership with the Board of Directors. This position requires some flexible weekend and evening work.
- Lead program efforts to increase overall involvement with clubs, athletes, non-athletes and constituents within the LSC
- Serve as the face, voice and main contact for Middle Atlantic Swimming
- Oversee the strategic efforts of the Middle Atlantic staff
- Serve as an information conduit between the USA Swimming, USA Swimming Eastern Zone Directors and Middle Atlantic Swimming
- Serve as the staff liaison for the Safe Sport Committee and Travel Fund Committee
- Support clubs with needs in the community such as appearing before commissioners, school boards, etc.
- Support clubs on various challenges by acting as a resource for governance, outreach, staffing, parents, etc.
- In conjunction with the General Chair, prepare meeting agendas for the Board of Directors
- Regularly review service providers and supply/vendor contracts
- Operate under the statutes of each State’s respective laws for the Middle Atlantic region
- Work with the staff, committees, and Board of Directors to establish an annual operating budget for the organization
- Submit monthly payroll to processing company and record and distribute checks
- Respond to requests for W-9s, employee information for unemployment, etc.
- Prepare insurance documents, payments and compile information for audit for Liability and Workman’s comp for office and employees
- Prepare audit information for the Delaware Unemployment office
Opportunities for Professional Development
The Executive Director will be invited to attend the annual United States Aquatic Sports Convention, select USA Swimming workshops and other professional development opportunities upon request.
Ideal candidates will share the overall vision for Middle Atlantic Swimming and its values.
- Must have a bachelors degree
- Must have budget management experience
- Must have human resources experience
- Must have previous experience in the sport of swimming
- Eligible for USA Swimming membership (must be able to pass a background check and Athlete Protection Training)
- General knowledge of nonprofit structure and management
- Sports marketing experience
- Strong writing and public speaking skills
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well with internal and external participants
Middle Atlantic Swimming offers a competitive salary and benefits.
How to Apply
To apply, send an email with your resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications and salary requirements to [email protected]
Middle Atlantic Swimming is an equal opportunity employer.