Applications due 03/26/22
Date posted: November 22, 2021
Location: 250 Yard Dr, Locust Valley, NY 11560, USA
We are a private country club located on the North Shore of Long Island, NY. we are currently seeking an Aquatics Director to run our summer pool and beach program. The position runs from May 27 through September 11 for 2022, but we understand if candidates for the position have other commitments at the beginning and end of the season.
Organize and direct a program of club pool activities, events, tournaments. and lessons.
- Organizes and administers inter- and intra-club swim meets and events, including scheduling individual participants, recording starting times, and distributing awards.
- Develops and implements Pool Safety Program.
- Administers and enforces club pool policies and procedures regarding safety of the pool and immediate area.
- Reads line-up cards at swim meets and events/
- Ensures that all club members and guests receive courteous, prompt and professional attention to all their needs in the pool area.
- Arranges for uniforms for PRC swim team members.
- Assists with pool opening and closing during the season.
- Ensures that all mechanical equipment is in working order and that pool has the proper chemical balance.
- Coordinates maintenance, repairs, and cleaning of pool area with grounds and maintenance departments.
- Select and supervise all pool staff.
- Maintain and update Lifeguarding manual.
- Maintains presence during special pool and beach events.
- Bills all sales into POS system.
- Approves all payroll and leave management of lifeguard staff.
- Arranges Sports Group Swim program and manages the Buddy System.
- Coordinates Water Aerobics and Beach Fitness programs.
- Operates a swim shop with ensures there is inventory of swimsuits, caps, goggles, etc.
- Maintains all swim team and event equipment,
- Writes newsletter articles and blast emails to the membership on upcoming events and race results.
- Attends scheduled Beach Committee meetings.
We offer a competitive salary plus commissions on lessons. We are willing to assist on temporary housing. We are an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to Rob Gasperetti, H.R. Director, at [email protected] Phone inquiries can be made to Rob at (516) 470-9689.
150 Piping Rock Road