Applications due 03/15/21
Date posted: February 24, 2021
Location: 24655 Rockwell Canyon Road, Santa Clarita, CA, USA
Under the direction of the Head Age Group Coach, Canyons Aquatic Club of Santa Clarita, California is seeking a highly motivated and self-driven candidate for the position of Age Group Coach, able to coach at Junior Olympic and Age Group Championship levels to Sectional swimmers. This position implements, manages, and fosters a USA Swimming Age Group with swimmers 5-14 years old. This position regularly requires the ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays, and the ability to work outdoors in severe inclement weather and be exposed to pool chemical fumes, dust, or other air contaminants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows and enforces USA Swimming Safe Sport guidelines.
- Creates and implements an appropriate seasonal and daily workout pursuant Club guidelinesand philosophy for Age Group swimmers.
- Provides corrective feedback at practice and swim meets.
- Tracks and prepares reports, including but not limited to, attendance numbers, swim group performance numbers, and other relevant trends.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those connected to Canyons leadership and volunteers, USA Swimming,
- Southern California Swimming, and our renters.
- Provides customer service to group participants and the general public, including responding to customer inquiries, supplying accurate information, and fulfilling customer needs over the phone, through email, and onsite at aquatic facilities.
- Accurately and honestly, record and submit a timesheet every two weeks.
- Follow the guidance and direction of superiors.
- Assists with planning, coordinating, and implementation of yearly group move-ups.
- Attends swim meets planned by the Head Age Group coach.
- Attends Canyons functions.
- Attends Canyons fundraisers.
- Attends Canyons trainings, staff meetings, and committee meetings.
- Assists with life threatening emergencies.
- Understand and perform their duty as a mandatory reporter.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience in any aquatic organization, preferably coaching or instruction.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is highly desirable.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of and understanding of the Minor Athlete Abuse and Prevention Policy.
- Knowledge of and understanding of USA Swimming Rules and Regulations.
- Knowledge of and understanding of Southern California Swimming Rules and Policies.
- Knowledge of and understanding of Canyons Employee Manual, Policies and Procedures.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of all four competitive strokes, starts, turns, and racing
- Basic knowledge of human anatomy and kinesiology.
- Ability to lift, drag, and push files, paper, and equipment weighing 50 pounds or more is also
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
The following is required but not necessary at time of hiring. Must obtain all listed certificates prior to initial on-site employment:
- USA Swimming Coach Membership Requirement (Please see supplemental instruction)
- Criminal Background Check
- Adult & Pediatric/Child CPR and AED Requirement
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches (STSC)
- Local Swim Committee (LSC) Non-athlete application
- Three Educational Requirements (For New and Second Year Coaches Only)
- Foundations of Coaching 101, prior to becoming a coach
- Foundations of Coaching 201, prior to 2nd year of registration
- Rules and Regulations for Coaches Test
- Concussion Protocol Training
- Athlete Protection Training
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Class C California driver’s license.
- Previous experience with coaching is highly desirable.
- Any combination of education and experience that has provided the knowledge, skills, and
- abilities necessary will be considered.
- An online completed Canyons application form is required to apply for this position. All employment information must be provided on the application. Providing a resume is not a substitute for completing this section of the application. Applications left incomplete, or with a reference to attachments may be rejected.
- The selection process will include one or more of the following: written exam, technical knowledge assessment, writing skill assessment, and/or oral interviews. Applicants that meet minimum qualifications and are selected for interviews will be required to disclose information regarding criminal convictions. If you require special accommodations to participate in the application/selection process, please notify the General Manager for assistance.
- All offers of employment with Canyons Aquatic Club are made contingent upon receipt of proof of legal right to work in the United States, submitted W4, successful completion of their USA Swimming Non-Athlete membership, and signed all Canyons forms and waivers. Only degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation will be accepted.
- In compliance with the California law, positions working with children are required to be mandated child abuse reporters. A mandated reporter is an individual who is obligated by law to report suspected cases of child abuse and neglect.
How to Apply
If you have any questions please contact General Manager, [email protected] .
PO Box 55125, Santa Clarita, CA 91355