Date posted: May 11, 2022
Location: Fairfax, VA
George Mason University Intercollegiate Athletics invites applicants for a full time Assistant Men’s & Women’s Coach for Swimming & Diving. This position will primarily be responsible for coaching Diving. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Coordinate the recruitment of qualified student-athletes;
- Assist with the organization of practices/competition including on-deck coaching;
- Assist with scheduling and budget management;
- Coordinate travel arrangements;
- Monitor student athlete academic progress; and
- Social media outreach and alumni cultivation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Some (generally two (2)+ years) of College and/or Club Diving coaching experience;
- Must demonstrate understanding, compliance and commitment to all institution, Atlantic 10 Conference, NCAA and state rules and regulations; and
- Current or able to obtain Lifeguarding, CPR, First-Aid, and AED Certifications.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA856z at https://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA856z at https://jobs.gmu.edu