2021 U.S. OLYMPIC SWIMMING TRIALS
- Wave I Dates: June 4-7, 2021
- Wave II Dates: June 13-20, 2021
- Prelims: 10am CDT | Finals: 7pm CDT
- Where: CHI Health Center / Omaha, Nebraska
- 2021 U.S. Olympic Trials Qualifying Cuts
- Wave I & II Event Order
- LCM (50m)
- Day 5 Finals Live Stream
- Psych Sheets
- Wave II Live Results
- Day 5 Finals Heat Sheet
Nic Fink missed the Olympic team in the 100 breast by 0.06 seconds. In the 200 three nights later, he left nothing to chance.
Fink crushed a 2:07.55 to win the 200 breast final tonight, besting the field by eight tenths of a second and moving to #4 all-time among U.S. men.
The 27-year-old Fink entered the meet with a lifetime-best of 2:08.16 – that made him the #6 U.S. performer of all-time. But his swim tonight moved way up that list, coming within half a second of the American record.
In fact, that American record was set in this meet five years ago. Josh Prenot went 2:07.17 to win the event and went on to win Olympic silver.
Top U.S. Men All-Time – 200 Breast
- Josh Prenot (2016) – 2:07.17
- Kevin Cordes (2017) – 2:07.41
- Eric Shanteau (2009) – 2:07.42
- Nic Fink (2021) – 2:07.55
- Will Licon (2019) – 2:07.62
Fink will be most likely be joined on the Olympic team in this event by Andrew Wilson. Wilson was the swimmer who touched out Fink for the second spot in the 100 breast.