2021 ART ADAMSON INVITATIONAL
- November 17-19, 2021
- Texas A&M Student Rec Center Natatorium, College Station, TX.
- SCY (25y)
- Live Results
- Results on Meet Mobile: “Art Adamson Invitational”
- Live Stream (Finals)
A pair of USC men put up the top time in the nation during the third and final preliminary session from the 2021 Art Adamson Invitational at Texas A&M, as the Trojans set themselves up to push for both team titles in tonight’s finals session.
In the men’s 100 freestyle, redshirt senior Nikola Miljenic put up a time of 42.25 to chop a full half-second off the fastest time in the country this season, surpassing Mizzou’s Jack Dahlgren (42.76).
In addition to taking over the top spot in the NCAA, Miljenic, a native of Croatia, lowers his personal best time of 42.56 set at the 2019 Pac-12 Championships.
LSU junior Brooks Curry, who beat Miljenic head-to-head in the 50 free final on Wednesday night, qualified second in 42.86, taking nine-tenths off his season-best set in October (43.76).
Dillard, who did not compete for the Trojans during his freshman year, had a previous best time of 1:54.74 set in December 2019.
TCU’s Vitauts Silins took half a second off his PB to advance second overall in 1:54.05. Silins was the 2021 Big 12 runner-up in his previous best of 1:54.54.
OTHER PRELIM HIGHLIGHTS
- Women’s 200 Back – USC’s Aela Janvier paced the women’s 200 back heats in 1:55.73, followed closely by Texas A&M freshman Aviv Barzelay. A Canadian native, Janvier set her best time of 1:54.01 at the 2019 Art Adamson Invite.
- Men’s 200 Back – TAMU junior Anze Fers Erzen, who transferred from Iowa during the offseason, qualified first in the men’s 200 back in a time of 1:42.38. Fers Erzen set his best time of 1:41.64 at the 2020 Big Tens.
- Women’s 100 Free – USC’s Laticia-Leigh Transom took two-tenths off her season-best to qualify first in the women’s 100 free in 48.21, improving on the 48.41 she did at the USC Invitational. Transom currently ranks second in the NCAA.
- Women’s 200 Breast – Senior Isabelle Odgers led a 1-2-3-4 prelim sweep for the Trojans, clocking 2:10.21 to lead graduate senior Calypso Sheridan (2:10.24), sophomore Kaitlyn Dobler (2:11.70) and junior Nicole Pavlopoulou (2:11.90).
- Women’s 200 Fly – Texas A&M sophomore Olivia Theall established a new best time of 1:57.81 to qualify first into the women’s 200 fly final, followed by USC’s Hallie Kinsey (1:58.16).
- Men’s 200 Fly – USC’s Harry Homans established the top time in the men’s 200 fly at 1:44.35, followed by teammate Alexei Sancov (1:44.90).