Location: 1221 Church St, Colleyville, TX 76034, USA
with Life Time
The Aquatics Head Swim Team Coach will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and will help our Swim Team members improve their swimming in our state-of-the-art recreational and lap pools, both indoors and out. A typical day for a Head Swim Team Coach could include writing and leading Swim Team Group Workouts according to a season plan. They will develop and coach Swim Team Coaches on their team They will also oversee registering new participants for the Team as well as maintaining the cleanliness and order of our Aquatics Facilities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants
- Initiates, develops and maintains positive relationships with participants
- Responds to member questions regarding Life Time’s programs, policies and procedures
- Provides a safe, clean and organized pool area
- Promotes and sells all Aquatics programs and services
- Acts as the liaison between the Aquatics Department Head, USA Swimming, Swim Coaches and Parents
- Participates in weekly 1 on 1 meetings with the Aquatics Manager
- Writes the season plan and workout templates for each season
- Enters the swimmers into the swim meet program
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years of swim coaching experience
- Member of ASCA and USA Swimming
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches certification
- Complete LTU Safety Training before first shift
- Complete all LTU courses within first 60 days of hire
- CPR/AED certification required within the first 3 months of hire
- Successfully complete and pass Life Time Swim Instructor Certification
- Ability to work in a stationery position and move about the club for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to communicate and exchange information with guests who have inquiries about Life Time products and services
- Ability to swim 25 yards/meters without stopping
- Ability to routinely and repetitively bend to lift 20 lbs or less and occasionally bend to lift more than 20lbs
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Swim lesson instruction experience
- 1 year of customer service experience
- ASCA Level 2 Certification or higher
- Red Cross Lifeguard and First Aid
Location: 1220 Arden Hills Lane, Sacramento, CA, USA
with Arden Hills Athletic & Social Club
Otters Head Coach
The Otters Head Coach, in accordance with the Aquatics Director, is in charge of overseeing all aspects of establishing, training, competing and managing the swim team, which includes both administrative and actual coaching duties. Work with all coaches to develop, maintain, and implement a safe swim program for all age groups involved, including training and events that are off-site and not at regular schedules times. Able to learn to be able to create and submit meet entries for any meet (home and away) when needed, on time as specified in the NCSL by-laws and dual meet regulations. Able to learn the use of Meet Manager, Team Manager, Team Unify (on deck applications and Touchpad Meet management applications) Word, and Excel software and must use the computer systems. Assist in planning and attend all events related to the swim team, including team registration events, pre-season meetings with parents, clinics, and social events for each age group, monitor and evaluate performance of assistant coaches, swimmer coaches and junior coaches. Accuracy and time management skills are vital. A strong desire to succeed, professionalism, maturity, leadership skills and integrity are necessary. Must be eager to learn, enthusiastic and be a team player.
Reports to / Supervision Received:
Director of Aquatics
- Coach all Otters practices
- Perform Head Coach
- Responsible for keeping attendance
- Coaches at swim practice every weekday.
- Coaches at swim meets on pre-determined weekends.
- Attends team social functions.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required:
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred but not required.
- Must have valid CPR and First Aid Certification (through 7/28/2020) or ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire.
Minimum Experience required:
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of previous swim team coaching experience. Experience as Head Coach preferred.
- Ability to carry out program vision as set forth by Aquatics Director.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service to all clients.
- Ability to communicate with and instruct children ages 3-18.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents, resort personnel and other coaches.
- Ability to train, direct and motivate the assistant coaches, swimmer coaches and junior coaches.
- Must have a high level of understanding of the sport of recreational swimming and ability to inspire swimmers to reach their goals.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
- Efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Ability to swim efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to stay in the water for multiple hours straight.
- Ability to handle cold and wet environments.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required including nights and weekends.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- All candidates will be subject to passing a pre-employment drug screen.
- Opportunity to coach Fall/USA Swim.
- Opportunity to conduct swim lessons.
- Pay is hourly, dependent on experience.
- Ability to start right away preferred
Arden Hills in an equal opportunity employer
Location: 555 E 90th St, New York, NY, USA
with Asphalt Green
Asphalt Green Masters is one of the fastest growing adult swim teams in the country with more than 250 registered members with a wide range of ages and swim abilities. The AGUA Masters Head Coach is responsible for leading the overall growth and development of the AGUA Masters team as well as supporting Asphalt Green’s non-profit efforts. AGUA Masters offers 25+ weekly practices in 2 locations, and a robust staff of 20 part-time coaches. The Head Coach is responsible for developing, implementing, and preserving a progressive training program that supports athletes of all skill levels. Moreover, the Head Coach focuses on increasing swimmer engagement and enhancing the team’s overall sense of community. As the Masters champion for fundraising, the Head Coach works closely with the Development Team to insure that AGUA Masters team members appreciate and support Asphalt Green’s non-profit mission of assisting individuals of all ages and backgrounds achieve health through a lifetime of sports and fitness. The Head Coach requires outstanding interpersonal skills in order to foster positive relationships with every Masters swimmer, and the ability to support personal development of these swimmers as appropriate.
Within the larger Asphalt Green community, the Head Coach will work in partnership with the Aquatics, Membership and Development Departments, along with senior managers, and other AG stakeholders. This position reports into the Director of Aquatics and oversees the AGUA Masters Team at both the Upper East Side campus as well as the Battery Park City campus. New campuses are planned in the next few years that would also include AGUA Masters Teams.
- Oversee year-round training program of roughly 250 Asphalt Green Masters
- Plan and schedule coaches each month for practices. Make sure all workouts are covered.
- Manage 20 part-time coaches who coach both workouts and private lessons.
- Must be highly visible, leading select practices (which include morning’s and Saturday’s), and engaging with all athletes. Should personally be coaching 16-20 hours per week.
- Organize and promote social activities for the team
- Plan and develop financial budgets for team and private lessons for two campuses.
- Work with marketing to promote increased membership and private coaching.
- Work closely with Development Department to identify potential donors and establish key relationships with members. Set collaborative donations goal from Masters members with Executive Director and Development Director.
- Current U.S. Masters swimmer or coach
- 3-5 years coaching experience
- Up-to-date coaching certifications
- Have a demonstrated successful coaching track record and previous management experience
- Experience with Microsoft applications
Location: City of Las Vegas Centennial Hills Community Center, Operated by the YMCA, North Buffalo Drive, Las Vegas, NV, USA
with YMCA of Southern Nevada
With four state-of-the-art branches, three water parks and two indoor year-round pools, the Las Vegas Y is a highly-collaborative, rewarding and fun environment where you will discover your passion, grow your career and make an impact!
The Aquatics Director will manage our largest aquatics center at the Centennial Hills YMCA, ensure the Aquatics Department is meeting its monthly, quarterly, and annual goals and objectives, and ensure compliance with all Association standards and safety procedures. The Aquatics Director will hire, train, evaluate, motivate, and inspire staff and volunteers for all Aquatics Program areas, develop and manage the Aquatics Department budget, and provide leadership and support to other committees, as assigned.
The YMCA of Southern Nevada is not only the premiere non-profit in Las Vegas, it is also a great place to work, make a difference in your community and meet like-minded individuals! Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day.
We believe in the four Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility and understand that our staff are our biggest asset! We strive to create high-performing, strong teams in each of our branches and are looking for passionate and enthusiastic staff who will help us to strengthen our impact, empower our community and deliver incredible Aquatics programming!
- Direct and supervise program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives.
- Establishes new program activities and expands the program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Provide direct supervision to department staff on-site and off-site, assuring that all staff are qualified, certified, and are meeting minimum performance standards for their position.
- Ensure swim lessons are being instructed using the YMCA of the USA swim lesson program; create and ensure there is a nurturing environment for swim lesson participants.
- Recruit and hire staff using screening tools and panel interviews to gain the best possible fit for each opening.
Location: Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
with iSwim Cayman + Safety School
Teaching Daily at our clients homes children 6 months and up, as well as adults & additional Life guarding jobs are also required on weekends
High School Diploma
CPR/First Aid, AED for infant, child & adult
Swim Teaching certification from an accredited national institute
3-5 years swim teaching experience with ages infant to adult
Clean police clearance
Valid Drivers License
Passion for swimming and working with children
- English – Very good
10 sick days
10 vacation days
11 public holidays
Salary (plus commission) range is US$2500-$4000.00 monthly.
Location: 5795 Lewiston Rd, Niagara Falls, NY, USA
with Niagara University
Under general supervision the Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving Coach recruits student-athletes, schedules games and practices, and makes recommendations for athletics scholarships.
- Lead operations for the men’s and women’s swimming & diving programs.
- Recruit student-athletes for the men’s and women’s swimming & diving program.
- Operate the programs under the rules and regulations of the university, the NCAA, and MAAC.
- Instruct methods and strategies and coach student-athletes in the sport.
- Make recommendations for athletics scholarships.
- Schedule practices and meets.
- Transport and supervise student-athletes while on the road.
- Considered Essential Personnel whose physical presence is required on campus and must also be prepared to address those functions remotely (from off-campus) as needed when operations are restricted or the campus is closed.
- Supervise assistant coaches.
- Responsible for providing, in a timely manner before the beginning of the season, to the public relations office (sports information) all material relevant to the team (rosters with hometowns, high schools, etc. and schedules) so a recruiting/media pamphlet on the team can be prepared. Coordinates with public relations the manner in which team scores will be reported to the media for home and away games.
- Administrative duties such as maintaining budget, hiring, handling personnel under his/her direction.
- Maintain confidentiality of information (including but not limited to: student and employee personal information, student grades, etc.), both during and after their employment with the University. Any question regarding the confidentiality of material, should be referred to the supervisor. Any violation shall subject the employee to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of coaching and teaching techniques and the ability to effectively use those techniques.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Ability to drive a personal or university vehicle for the purpose of university business.
- Ability to receive telephone calls, respond to inquiries and communicate with others by telephone.
- Ability to travel when necessary.
- Knowledge of recruiting techniques.
- Proficiency to handle various office machines including but not limited to: computer keyboard, computer software applications, calculator, copy machine and fax.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is required or high school diploma with a high level amateur or professional playing and/or coaching experience.
- At least one year of experience coaching swimming at the high school, college or higher competitive level or at least three years experience competing at the college level or higher.
- A valid New York State driver’s license is required that satisfies both University and insurance company underwriting rules and regulations for driving a motor vehicle. Must also be able to operate a motor vehicle in Canada.
- Must take and pass recruiting exam within first three months of employment.
with X Lab Pro
Summary of position
We are looking for someone with a competitive swimming background, who is passionate about educating children through sports. Someone who not only cares about the next gold medal, but more so about the long-term development of every learner.
As Head Coach & Curriculum Manager you will manage all aspects of the Competitive Swim Team. As such you will be required to co-create the holistic curriculum and corresponding season plans, and implement it accordingly through daily coaching sessions, swim meets and other relevant activities.
- Work with Sports Lab Program Executive and external experts to create the curriculum content aligned with the X Lab vision.
- Develop a corresponding season plan with training phases, swim meets, overseas trips & relevant activities to help swimmers reach their highest potential both in and out of the pool.
- Attend, oversee and coach swimmers during all daily swim- & land trainings, stroke corrections, swim meets and activities that the competitive swim team is involved in.
- Organize and conduct quarterly parent-student-coach review sessions to set season goals and evaluate progress in accordance with the assessment criteria of the curriculum.
- Communicate any relevant information – including promotion of holistic long-term curriculum – to parents and swimmers, and handle all related enquiries.
- Attend regular workshops and courses, and use the learnings to continuously improve the curriculum and coaching staff.
- Develop and mentor other coaches to promote a learning environment in which coaches are able to grow to the highest standard of coaching.
- Fulfil administrative tasks related to the program; e.g. meet entries, attendance report, student performance tracking, and minutes of attended workshop.
- Help with recruitment of swimmers by being a positive ambassador of X Lab during meets, advocating the X Lab vision during events & talks, and supporting marketing activities.
- Degree in either education, pedagogy and psychology related, or kinesiology, physiology and sport science related.
- Minimum 3-5 years coaching experience with a background in competitive swimming at national or international level preferred.
- Demonstrated passion for swimming, youth development and vision of X Lab Pro.
- Demonstrated ability to design a structured curriculum and corresponding season plan.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and inspire swimmers of all ages and create a positive learning environment.
- Demonstrated team player with an open mindset to learning, improving and tweaking the status quo.
- Excellent understanding of training principles and technique development.
- Excellent writing, communication, and relationship-building skills.
- Knowledge of Hy-Tek Meet Manager and Team Manager preferred.
- Work 40 hours per week out of which 20+ hours coaching on the deck during mornings, evenings and weekends when required.
Location: 200 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA, USA
with The Bay Club Company
Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, the Assistant Swim Coach is responsible for managing and coaching the year round USA swim team, coaching upper level athletes, providing oversight to all the swim teams and stroke schools; maintaining a safe and effective learning environment while focusing on the fulfillment of clients’ swimming goals; achieving personal revenue goals; and providing the best customer service and hospitality to members and guests.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide coaching for year round USA swim team and oversight to all the swim teams and stroke schools
- Present on deck during all team practices and events
- Coaches upper level athletes and provides specific and corrective feedback to each athlete at each session
- Design and deliver effective, consistent, and rewarding sessions and workouts
- Integrate new swimmers into swim team, stroke school and lesson programs
- Provide feedback to help parents decide which program is best for their child and client retention
- Maintain accurate, current records on all clients’ progress
- Follow swim school progression guidelines
- Conduct regular staff meeting with other coaches
- Enforce all pool rules and aquatics center and club policies
- Plan, organize and run swim meets, including submitting entries in a timely manner
- Maintain a consistent work schedule; arrive punctually for sessions
- Provide excellent communication with the parents of swimmers as well as all members and staff
- Track attendance of client’s sessions
- Accurately enter and maintain consistent timely records in the required systems for hours worked and sessions
- Actively participate in events, programs meetings and training
- Assist in the maintenance and cleanliness of the aquatics center
- Represent the club in a professional manner through image, dress, communication, and immediate follow through and response
- May submit billing and accounting for swimmers and program participants
- Order and distribute uniforms and required gear for staff and athletes
- Assist with special club projects, events and promotions
Corporate Goals & Objectives
- Promote the company’s safety goals and actively work towards ensuring a safe working environment.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Actively further corporate objectives and continuously support improvement and positive change, which includes participating on corporate designated committees to improve the company and business operations.
- Make professional development a consistent priority.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, & EDUCATION
- Current Lifeguard/CPR/AED/First Aid – for adult, infant, toddlers
- Current USA Swim Coach Certified
- Understand the current best practices in learn-to-swim skills, competitive swim techniques and childhood development
- Experience teaching Swim Lessons for all ages
- Experience in Competitive Swimming as a participant or a coach
- ASCA III preferred
- Knowledge of Pool Maintenance/Certified Pool Operator preferred
- Ability to teach Lifeguarding/First Aid/AED/CPR preferred
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, and sales techniques.
- Problem Anticipation/ Deductive Reasoning — Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and then apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems and considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Oral Comprehension and Expression —Ability to understand and communicate so others can understand ideas and information.
- Computer – Ability to develop and maintain computer records in Word, Excel and other software required by TBCC.
- Demonstrated ability to support and develop diverse environment.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in personnel supervision, training, and evaluation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as WORD, EXCEL, and OUTLOOK are essential.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is typically performed outdoors in varying and occasionally extreme (hot) weather conditions
- Ability to arrive at work on time for all scheduled work shifts required. Ability to work weekends, evenings, and holidays required
- It is necessary to adapt to a frequently changing environment
- Position requires daily public contact
- It is sometimes necessary to deal with unpleasant or angry people with the need to problem solve difficult situations
- It is necessary to adapt to a frequently changing environment
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms
- Frequently required to climb or balance and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Must occasionally sit for extended periods and regularly walk around the facility
- Must occasionally talk and hear
- Must frequently move 10 pounds and in the event of an emergency lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required but this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- It is necessary for the position to travel independently to swim meet locations or Clubs on a regular basis
JOB DESCRIPTION REVISION
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change. This job description replaces all previous descriptions for this position.
Location: Ballarat VIC, Australia
with Ballarat Swimming Club
Ballarat Swimming Club is a swimming club in regional Victoria Australia with an extensive history. The club in currently undergoing a fast expansion phase and are now looking for an enthusiastic Junior/Assistant Coach to take on the leadership of our fast growing Junior program and also assist our head coach in all other elements of the club as required.
Duties/Roles will include:
– Planning and running Junior and Development Squad Programs
– Attending all four of the BSC Top 5 Swim Meets throughout the year. (largest regional Vic swim meet)
– Attend any other local/regional of state meets as required
– Manage communication with Junior swimmers and parents.
-Assist head coach with the performance squad program and strength and conditioning program as required.
– Minimum Bronze(Development) level coach
– 2 years coaching experience
– Current WWCC
– Current Level 2 First Aid
– Current CPR
The role will start with approx 10-15 hours per week – with room for growth as the program expands.
The candidate will be paid an hourly rate based on qualifications, and the contract will also include travel and competition payments and opportunities for professional development.
Location: 1919 Bascom Avenue, Ste 300, Campbell, CA 95008
with Spiraledge, Inc and SwimOutlet.com
Who we are
Spiraledge is a company founded on one essential principle: to help people live healthier lives through sports and fitness! As the parent company of fast growing e‐commerce sites SwimOutlet.com 🏊 & YogaOutlet.com 🙏🏼, Spiraledge Inc. has been recognized as a Gold‐Level Fit‐Friendly Worksite 🏆at its headquarters in Campbell, CA. Both SwimOutlet.com and YogaOutlet.com have been named an Internet Retailer Hot 100 Company. SwimOutlet.com received Apparel Magazine 2019 Top Innovator Award!
SwimOutlet.com is the largest online specialty store for aquatics in the United States and has the largest selection for swimming, fashion swim, beach and surf!
YogaOutlet.com is the fastest growing multi-branded online yoga retailer, offering a broad selection of yoga brands and yoga-inspired products to all levels of yogis and fitness enthusiasts.
Instagram Content Creator (Contract), SwimOutlet.com
Campbell, CA or Anywhere USA | SwimOutlet.com | Reports to VP, Marketing & PR
20-50 Hours Per Month
What you will do
- Assist with creative design, on-camera content, graphics and photo executions on SwimOutlet.com’s Instagram channel
- Create compelling content to increase engagement and Instagram followers
- Focus content for SwimOutlet.com’s Instagram stories with additional time as needed and available spent posting to the Instagram photo feed
- Create movie boards
- Animate texts and gifs
- Report to VP, Marketing & PR on hours, structure and editorial calendar with additional input from buyers, CMO and SwimOutlet.com Creative Director
Who you are
- You have basic graphic design background with ability to use source files to create graphic look and feel that complements existing SwimOutlet creative around sales promotions
- You are comfortable on camera to do fun on camera promotions or interviews with swimmers for Instagram Stories
- Experience in swimming and the swim community as either a former age group swimmer, fitness swimmer, Masters Swimmer, club swimmer, etc.
- Have some basic photo abilities and photo experience
Role Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a contract role. Hours may vary. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
We are a group of professionals and enthusiasts, inspired by our living healthy culture and our enthusiasm for our brands which creates a special place to be part of.
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
with Blue Dolphins Aquatics
Swim Coach/Instructors Needed!
All positions are part time. Instructors would be teaching private, semi-private, and family lessons primarily, with some basic admin duties (emailing parents, etc.) along with it.
We are looking for candidates with a high level of professionalism, responsibility, and responsiveness. Being able to communicate well with parents, kids, and staff is a must.
Location: 11200 Southeast 6th Street, Bellevue, WA, USA
with Bellevue Club
Come join our team at the Bellevue Club/Hotel Bellevue, the eastside’s premier social, athletic, and hotel property!
The Bellevue Club Aquatics department is now hiring part-time Lifeguards shifts including one opener position.
- $500 hiring bonus after 90 days
- Paid Red Cross Lifeguard Certification after 90 days
- $13-18/hour DOE
- Full time and Part time positions available
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the safety of members and guests by enforcing rules and procedures of the Bellevue Club and educating members and guests about them.
- Recognize and respond quickly and effectively to all emergencies in the Aquatics area and around the club. Administer first aid and CPR as needed.
- Complete incident and accident reports as required.
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings and training programs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with employees and members.
- Respond to questions or situations in person or over the phone.
- Assist members with swim lesson registration as needed.
- Check pool and rescue equipment each shift and promptly report any issues.
- Set up and store equipment for open/lap swim and assist instructors with class set up.
- Work as a team with other Bellevue Club employees
Visit www.bellevueclub.com/employment to apply directly online.
Location: 320 Washington Street, Easton, North Easton, MA 02357, USA
with Stonehill College
|About Stonehill||Founded by the Congregation of Holy Cross in 1948, Stonehill is a private Catholic college located just 22 miles from downtown Boston on a beautiful 384-acre campus in Easton, Massachusetts. With a student to faculty ratio of 13:1, the College engages its 2,500+ students in 80+ rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts, sciences, and pre-professional fields.
Faithful to the Holy Cross tradition in education, Stonehill College is committed to developing the moral, spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social competencies of its students and seeks to build and sustain a campus community that embraces diversity and inclusion in its teaching, learning, living, and working. Stonehill values a diversity of persons, opinions, and cultural and religious perspectives. In fulfillment of its motto, Lux et Spes (“Light and Hope”), the College cultivates in its students the competence to think, act, and lead with courage towards creating a more just and compassionate world.
|Position Summary||Recruits prospective student-athletes, provides game-day coaching, and practice preparation, as well as operational duties within the Athletics Department.|
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities||The head coach is charged with several major duties in connection with his/her program, including the recruitment of prospective student-athletes, game-day coaching, and practice preparation, the maintenance of the program’s budget and the development and implementation of a strategic plan for Athletics. The head coach must also monitor all facets, both athletically and academically related, that any participating student-athletes are involved in while also developing a working relationship with all facets of the Department of Athletics, including the training staff, compliance officer, media relations staff, home events coordinator and all other individuals responsible for the day-to-day operation of the department. The head coach is responsible for overseeing any assistant coaches working directly with the program and must strictly adhere to all rules and regulations set forth by the College, the NCAA, the Northeast-10 Conference. The head coach may also be charged with other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.|
|Education and/or Experience||Successful candidate must have a bachelor’s degree and previous swim coaching experience.|
|Physical Demands||While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.|
|Work Environment||While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.|
|Licenses/Certifications||Driver’s License Required|
Location: 1207 Park Avenue West, Highland Park, IL, USA
with Park District of Highland Park
Summary: Under the direction of the Aquatics Supervisor, the Swim School Coordinator is responsible for the operations of the indoor pool swim lessons program, including summer camp swim lessons and Swim ’n Gym after camp program. Supervisory responsibilities include recruiting, training, and oversight of seasonal and part-time program staff.
Include, but not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for designing and overseeing a comprehensive swim school program and after camp program.
- Train, schedule, and assign duties to swim instructors.
- Provide swimming instruction.
- Maintain appropriate standard of safety for swim school program, after camp program, staff, and facility.
- Maintain and/or obtain appropriate certifications and CEU’s for self and staff.
- Responsible for overall indoor pool operations during swim lessons and after camp programs, including cleaning of pool deck, placing and removing lane lines, and organizing pool equipment.
- Assist with marketing for swim school and after camp programs.
- Evaluate and assess programs related to swim school and after camp programs.
- Conduct in-service and regular trainings for swim school instructors.
- Assist with hiring, training, and evaluation swim instructors.
- Maintain attendance, inventory, and program records for swim school and after camp programs.
- Assist the creation of the pool and aquatic staff schedule as it relates to swim school and after camp programs.
- Responsible for swim school and after camp program customer service, registration assistance, and customer inquiries.
- Perform all job tasks within the rules and guidelines of the District’s safety program.
- Assist in the set up and organization of the pool office.
- Coordinates with other members of the Recreation Center staff to provide special programming on special occasions.
- Follow and maintain a budget for the swim school and after camp programs with the Aquatics Supervisor.
- Work with the Aquatics team in a professional and constructive manner in the coordination and operation of the Recreation Center swimming pool.
- Other Park District-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent required; degree or coursework with an emphasis in Recreation or Aquatics from an accredited college preferred. At least two years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Related professional certification preferred.
American Red Cross CPR/AED certification, Valid driver’s license, American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification, Water Safety Instructor Certification is preferred.
Hiring Range: $18 – $20/hour DOQ
Classification: Part-Time, non-exempt
Schedule: Must be available for evenings and weekends. Hours and schedules may vary depending on seasonal workloads and needs.
Close Date: Open until filled
The Park District of Highland Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Ramsey Student Center, River Road, Athens, GA, USA
with University of Georgia Athletics
The University of Georgia is seeking a qualified candidate for the Volunteer Assistant Swimming & Diving Coach Position. This position will assist the Swimming & Diving program with the organizing, planning and coaching of the Swimming & Diving team.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior collegiate swimming experience preferably at the Division I level.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division I and SEC compliance and conference rules
- USA Swimming Coaching Certification
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work independently when needed, organized and willingness to embrace a new culture
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting coaching staff in daily operations
- On-deck coaching duties
- Filming/Video analysis
- Select administrative duties
- On-Campus Recruiting