with Nu Wave Swim Club
The NU WAVE Swim Club is seeking a full-time Head Age Group Coach (ASCA Level 2 or higher preferred) to lead our 12&U High Performance training groups.
The NU WAVE Swim Club is a Board-supported/Head Coach led USAS swim program based in New Orleans, Louisiana. NU WAVE was established in 1985. We currently have 140+ swimmers training at three sites. Our training facilities include the University of New Orleans Lakefront Arena, Tulane University Reily Center, and the Isidore Newman School. Nu Wave swimmers range from 5 year-old swimmers in our Stroke School to National Select Camp attendees.
It is the goal of NU WAVE to build a foundation for our athletes to grow as swimmers and people, and to establish a swimming program that facilitates success, teamwork and overall family involvement.
Our program is IM-focused. We work with all swimmers to develop all strokes and all distances appropriate for their emotional and physical development.
Our athletes are guided through two main developmental track options. We offer a seasonal, session-based track for all ages, as well as, our year-round competitive track for the more determined swimmer. These High Performance groups guide swimmers to success at the State, Regional, and National levels. Our High Performance groups have more intense expectations in regards to attendance, performance, and attitude than our T&F groups.
The correct candidate will be tasked with developing the backbone of our team through our 12&U High Performance swimmers. This coach will create within our swimmers and families the capacity to learn in a group environment; the desire to improve through technical and physical development; and above all else, TEACH!
Responsibilities (Included, but not limited to):
- Lead practice groups to develop all strokes and distances applicable to 12&U swimmers and prepare them for success at the State level and preparation for movement to upper groups.
- Contribute to a dry-land program that allows for progression from T&F groups through High Performance groups at both Tulane and UNO sites.
- Track attendance and enforce group attendance minimums. Set up family meetings to discuss progress and/or deficiencies in attendance, effort, etc.
- Coordinate and manage social media accounts. All Site Coaches will contribute to this item.
- Maintain all coaching certifications, as well as, pursue opportunities to advance your knowledge.
- Lead and mentor assistant coaches. Track assistant coach hours.
- Communicate with Head Coach regularly and attend monthly scheduled staff meetings.
- Communicate with families via email/website communications, newsletter contributions, and meetings.
- Attend all swim meets scheduled for your groups, and work all sessions of team hosted meets.
- Coordinate meet entries and communication regarding warm-ups, relays, etc. with families.
- Evaluate new swimmers for group placement. Work with Head Coach and Newman site coach to develop procedures for incoming and outgoing swimmers.
- TEACH! Teach strokes. Teach training habits. Teach racing strategies. Teach teamwork.
- $27,500 salary, or greater based on experience.
- Approximately 30 hours/week including deck time, pre-practice preparations, post-practice meetings and swimmer/family discussions, opening/closing of facility, administrative duties, etc.
- Incentives based on swimmer performance.
- Please send resume to Ross Hedrick, email@example.com.
- The position will stay open until the correct candidate is hired.
- Proposed starting date is October 2, 2017.
with Santa Clara Swim Club
AGE GROUP COACH – SANTA CLARA SWIM CLUB
Santa Clara Swim Club, the Premier Swim Club in the Bay Area is looking for age group coaches at our Santa Clara, Milpitas and Morgan Hill Sites. Hours are in the afternoons and Saturday mornings. Attending swim meets is required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Ability to learn and adapt
- A thorough knowledge of all four strokes, starts and turns
- High level of enthusiasm as well as a desire to grow as a coach
- Loyalty to the program
Compensation is competitive and will be based on experience and performance.
with Asphalt Green
Are you an experienced Swim Coach? Have you coached adults who thrive on competition? Are you familiar with the needs of masters level swimmers? Asphalt Green is looking to hire an experienced Masters Swim Coach who will develop the skills and talents of team members (ages range from 18 to 81) while promoting a sense of community and encouraging personal development and excellence. Within the larger Asphalt Green community, the Head Coach will be expected to work in partnership with the Fitness, Aquatics, Development and Sports as well as other members of staff.
- Coach and oversee the team establishing a year-round training program
- Maintain visibility and lead the majority of practices.
- Track participation and attendance by coaching staff.
- Organize and promote social activities for the team
- Organize and promote two annual swim meets.
- Supervise the hiring, training and managing of part time coaching staff.
- Create engaging content for the Masters weekly email.
- Responsible for tracking monthly P&L reports and creating team’s budget including private lessons.
- Function as an engaged member of the Aquatics Department management team contributing to the overall success of the department through integrated program development, budgets/expense tracking and community programs.
- USA Swimming and/or US Masters active membership
• Demonstrated success as a coach and manager
• Strong computer skills including word, excel, outlook, etc.
with Chowan University
Chowan University, a NCAA Division II institution rich in athletic tradition, invites applications for the position of assistant swimming coach. Chowan University is among the top growing schools in the country, having doubled in student population over the last ten years.
This is a full-time 12-month position, with competitive salary and excellent benefits package. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, assisting the head coach in the direction of all aspects of the swim team including recruiting, scheduling, fund-raising, conducting practice sessions and contests, as well as maintaining compliance with all NCAA Division II regulations. A demonstrated commitment to high academic standards as well as healthy lifestyles for student-athletes is required. A bachelor’s degree (master’s degree a plus) is required along with collegiate swim team participation and/or coaching experience at the college level.
with Raritan Valley Community College
Raritan Valley Community College (RVCC), serving Somerset and Hunterdon County residents for fifty years, offers over 90 associate degrees and certificates, customized training and continuing education. The College’s 240-acre campus lies at the crossroads of central New Jersey in North Branch. RVCC is committed to being a learning-centered college that works closely with the community to develop and offer new and innovative programs to meet the needs of a growing diverse community and student population.
Under direct supervision by the RVCC Aquatic and Athletic Facilities Coordinator and general supervision by the RVCC Athletic Administration and RVCC Executive Directors, ensures the safety and training of lifeguard staff and patrons of an aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies and provides quality consistent customer service to all patrons.
Performs professional duties in ensuring effective performance of lifeguard functions. Assists in hiring, training, scheduling and appraising lifeguards. Works with management to ensure that lifesaving certification is current and that all lifeguards are fully competent in performing water rescue procedures. Coordinates the safety of patrons in and around the pools, monitors swimmers and enforce all safety rules.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Performs all lifeguard responsibilities including monitoring pool activities, applying first aid, and performing water rescues as necessary.
Ensures that swimmers are well supervised in the pool and on decks. Fills in for Lifeguards as necessary.
Orients new lifeguards to job duties and responsibilities. Ensures that all lifeguards are current on their training and certifications.
Schedules, coordinates and conducts in-service training. Ensures that lifeguards are fully competent in first aid, CPR, and all water rescue techniques.
Assists with the scheduling of lifeguards to ensure that adequate coverage of pool areas are maintained during operating hours.
Ensures that lifeguards perform in accordance with established safety regulations and policies.
Keeps the management well informed of pool maintenance needs including cleaning, chemical adjustments, and repairs.
Inventories and recognizes when supplies or equipment need to be ordered and communicates the needs to the Aquatics Manager.
Interfaces with patrons regarding concerns, problems, or any other significant issues. Provides input and feedback while responding to problems.
Ensures that aquatic programs are occurring as desired and assists with the overall coordination of swimming events.
Performs related duties as required.
Must be over 18 years of age with high school diploma or GED and at minimum 2 years lifeguard experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above. Previous supervisory of lifeguard staff and team building.
Ability to perform the swimming pre-requisites of the lifeguarding course. Current American Red Cross Lifeguard, CPR/ AED Certification
American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor preferred. NSPF Certified Pool Operator preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred.
No phone calls please. Position will remain open until filled.
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, current resume and references online
We regret that we are unable to respond to each and every resume received. Only those candidates of interest will be contacted directly.
Raritan Valley Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan Employer. We will implement the policy to assure that the employment opportunities offered at the institution are available to all person.
with Manta Ray Parents Association
The Head Coach will have full wet-side responsibilities including:
- Develop, plan, organize, and lead our competitive swim program.
- Lead, recruit, develop and supervise coaching staff.
- Develop and communicate a Team Vision and Goals.
- Consistently evaluate and improve program to ensure sustained achievement and growth.
- Swimmer recruitment and development.
- Manage and evaluate athlete goal setting.
- Parent/swimmer education and communication.
- Plan, organize and schedule meets.
- Collaborate and support Governing Board in development of team budget, fee structure and fundraising activities.
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills.
- Proficient computer skills (Team Unify, Team Manager, Meet Manager, Office)
- Strong background in competitive swimming with a minimum of 3 years progressive coaching experience.
- Experience in developing swimmers from novice to high-level swimmers.
- Ability to effectively communicate appropriate goals and progressions to swimmers and parents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of stroke technique progression, dryland progression, training progression and taper strategies for all levels.
- Member in good standing with USA Swimming and current on all background checks and certifications.
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with qualifications. MPMR provides full reimbursement for approved swim meet expenses as well as any professional development. A contract will be offered. This is a part-time position.
with Brandeis University
Brandeis University is currently seeking applicants for a full-time Assistant Men’s & Women’s Swim Coach/Aquatics Director. Brandeis is a member of NCAA Division III and the University Athletic Association. Responsibilities for this position include managing the recruitment of academically qualified student-athletes, and assisting the head coach in all aspects of running the University swimming and diving program. Additional responsibilities include managing the operation of the Linsey Pool.
This is a full-time 12-month appointment.
Primary Coaching Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and manage all aspects of recruiting academically qualified student-athletes who have the fundamentals and attitude to compete in the University Athletic Association
- Assist the head coach with all planning and implementation of practices
- Help administer team rules and policies
- Support and enforce the head coach’s philosophy
- Coordinate travel logistics including team meals and transportation scheduling
- Coordinate and manage fall and spring community swim lesson programs
- Additional duties as assigned by the head coach
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with all NCAA, conference, institutional, and departmental policies and procedures
Primary Aquatics Director Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and schedule pool for all aquatics programming; including varsity practices, physical education classes, open lap swims, intramural sports, group fitness classes, campus events, rental groups, summer camps, swim lessons, etc.
- Maintain website and communicate operating hours to campus community and outside groups
- Hire, train, schedule, and supervise lifeguard staff; including policy development and implementation, risk management, and equipment purchasing and inventory. Ensure health and safety of all patrons.
- Submit weekly student employee timesheets for payroll processing
- Oversee all pool mechanical and chemical operations. Coordinate necessary maintenance and repairs with University Facility Services and/or outside contractors
- Additional duties as assigned by Associate Director of Athletics
Bachelor’s degree. A current CPO license and Red Cross Instructor Certificate in Lifeguarding & First Aid are preferred, but can be acquired immediately upon hiring. Knowledge with Team Manager and Meet Manager software programs is preferred. Strong organization and communication skills are a must. Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes some nights and weekends.
with The FISH
The FISH Swim Team, located in McLean, VA, is seeking a full-time swim coach to work with all levels of the program. Located just outside of Washington DC, we are in a great swimming environment and a wonderful area to start or further a career in swim coaching. We are a team of 350+ swimmers with levels ranging from novice 8 & Unders to Olympic Trial qualifiers. We have a young, close-knit coaching staff that is hardworking, ambitious, and proud of our accomplishments together. Over the past year, we have achieved Silver Medal Club status, our women won the LC Eastern Sectionals in March, we placed second overall at the NASA Showcase Classic, and we’ve had numerous AAA and AAAA times, as well as National Top 10 rankings. We are looking for someone who is just as passionate about the sport as we are, someone who is dynamic and willing to learn, and has a proven record of developing and inspiring swimmers to succeed.
Job Tasks Include:
- Plan and conduct swim practices in accordance with the Head Coach and other coaching staff.
- Attending scheduled USA swim meets, as well as assist with FISH-hosted meets, eventually as Meet Director.
- Recruitment of new swimmers, including conducting summer stroke clinics at several pools in the area.
- Administrative tasks such as meet entries, newsletters, and updating The FISH website.
- Coaching Membership in good standing with USA swimming.
- Minimum 2+ years coaching experience, preferably at the Club level.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge of TeamUnify.
- Knowledge of Hy-Tek Meet Manager and Team Manager preferred.
- Ability to motivate and inspire swimmers of all ages and create a positive learning environment.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full time benefits include 50% payment toward health and dental plan, paid vacation and sick leave, cell phone, and payment for USA certifications, background checks, etc. We also offer many opportunities for coach growth and development, including ASCA and ISCA clinics, traveling to high level meets, and training trips.
with Saarland Swimming Federation
The Saarland Swimming Federation is seeking a motivated and skilled individual for a full-time position as the Head Coach for the Saarland Swimming squad.
This position requires a Bachelor or equivalent degree in Sport Science, Coaching or a closely related discipline. An international coaching certification is also acceptable. The position requires a minimum of 3 years of successful coaching experience on a national or international level. Preference will be given to motivated candidates with strong interpersonal skills who demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate and maintain strong relationships with athletes and parents, and are willing to work flexible hours.
- Successful candidate will plan and direct a competitive yearly training schedule, in a manner that is consistent with the policies and procedures of the Federation; including competition preparation.
- Coach will develop and conduct all in and out-of-season sessions throughout the year.
- Coach will supervise national and international competitions.
- Coach will recruit and develop top age-group athletes. Recruitment shall begin locally and regionally in Saarland but the federation is willing to consider national and international candidates.
- Coach will assist and support the philosophy, goals and development of the Saarland Swimming Federation.
- Professional structure within an elite performance environment (close collaborations are established with the Saarland Federation of Sports, the Olympic Training Centre and Saarland University).
- Highly motivated swimmers on national and international level.
- Opportunities to learn and progress as a coach and a professional individual.
- Compensation is competitive for Germany (contract until 2020).
with Singapore Disability Sports Council
To coach swimmers in Singapore Disability Sports Council (SDSC) swimming programme to hit agreed performance targets in international competition and major games. This programme includes athletes targeting the Asian Para Games in 2018 and preparing for the 2020 Paralympic Games.
The role of the High Performance Coach will encompass several key areas of operation for the swimming programme. The applicant will be expected to:
- Generate, implement and manage training programs of identified swimmers on a daily basis and work with club-based coaches to ensure quality programs are delivered to prepare athletes for international competition and major games.
- Develop and assess individualised multi-year athlete development programmes, which includes regular review meetings with individual swimmers, SDSC and Singapore Sports Institute (SSI) to discuss performance progress and goals, and submitting performance analysis and other reports as required, e.g. for spexScholarship programmes.
- Collaborate with the SSI sports science and medical staff to ensure training programs are optimising all available knowledge and resources to deliver the highest quality.
- Travel to all international and major competitions as directed and coach swimmers included in the contingent as directed. Lead sports science staff to support athletes in the competitive environment.
- Support the development of performance pathways within swimming in Singapore and collaborate with other swim coaches to strategise coaching and trainings in support of the pathways.
- Participate in national training camps and national swimming competitions as agreed with the SDSC and SSI.
Management and administration
- Liaise with SDSC on facility usage and participate in relevant meetings with SSI.
- Provide pastoral support and care to high performance swimmers in conjunction with other coaching, academic and performance sport staff.
- Identify potential swimmers for high performance.
- To undertake other management & administration roles that will enhance the high performance programme and personal development of high performance swimmers.
- Assist SDSC and SSI in preparing, managing and monitoring budget for the high performance squad.
- Contribute to the sharing of coaching ideas and skills within the high performance educational forums available in Singapore.
- Actively work to promote para swimming generally, in support of SDSC’s strategic vision.
Points To Note
The purpose of this job description is to indicate the general level of duties and responsibility of the post. The detailed duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character or level of responsibility entailed.
It is recognised that coaches working at this level will often have links with representative sides. This is seen as advantageous as long as it does not interfere and affect the overall development of your squad and SDSC’s strategic goals for para swimming.
It will be necessary to work outside normal office hours including squad sessions in the early mornings, evenings and on weekends.
This position will report to SDSC, as well as the SSI for athletes who are on spexScholarships.
Your application will be reviewed against the essential and desirable criteria listed below. Applicants are strongly advised to explicitly state and evidence how they meet each of the essential (and desirable) criteria in their application.
Length of Contract
This position will be based in Singapore for an initial 12-month period with the possibility of extension through to the 2020 Paralympic Games. The position may be either full or part-time but applicants must be able to commit to a minimum of 20 hours per week and have availability to travel to key competitions and major games. Salary will be dependent on the applicant’s qualifications & relevant experience.
|Coached high performance swimmers to qualify and/or achieved at international competition and major games (e.g. World Championships, Paralympics), preferably in para swimming.|
|Proven record of planning and implementing multi-year athlete development programmes, to lead to high performance and/or high level achievements.|
|Skills & abilities
|Deep and up-to-date knowledge of coaching and training methodologies, preferably in para swimming.
|Excellent communication, athlete management and motivation skills.|
|Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
|Software proficiency for analysis, report writing and general communication.
|Master SG-Coach or international equivalent.
|Updated First Aid and Health and Safety requirements and work towards more advanced coaching qualifications.
|Willingness to work irregular hours as necessary.|
|Experience||Coached athletes who participated or achieved at recent cycles of Paralympic Games
|Possess a good knowledge of Paralympic swimming and the World Para Swimming classification system.|
|Coaching certificate in para swimming from IPC Swimming, World Para Swimming or its affiliates in para swimming
with Glenbrook Aquatics
This is a full time position for our developmental groups. This person will assume a shared role of leadership with the Head Coach, Head Age Group Coach and the Head Senior Coach. Their focus will be on creating and implementing a program designed to introduce and properly instruct the basic principles of competitive swimming to the introductory groups of our program.
-Oversee all aspects of the Gator Group program. This includes all planning, designing and implementing practices, dry land and meets for the Pre-Gator, Junior Gator & Mighty Gator groups -Hiring, training, educating and supervising of all assistant staff for the Gator groups
-Create and design all parent informational materials and effectively help to educate the parents early in the sport
-Work closely with the Swim America program directors to ensure a smooth transition for swimmers coming out of lessons and the transition onto the team
-Design, organize and oversee team tryouts
-Work in partnership with the Head Coach (Age Group Coach) and the Head Senior Coach to ensure a true progression in the development of our swimmers.
-Share the leadership of the program and contribute to the direction the team grows
-Oversee and manage all aspects of the Water Polo programing for Glenbrook Aquatics
-Initiate and develop a Special Olympics aquatics program for the Glenbrook Aquatics community
-Maintain and improve our swimmer achievement program for the betterment of our swimmers
with M.E. Lyons YMCA/Anderson Barracudas
ME Lyons YMCA/Anderson Barracudas is a YMCA and USA swim club located in Cincinnati, Ohio. ABLY placed 10th at this past Long Course YMCA Nationals, as well as swimmers entered at LC Junior Nationals. ME Lyons YMCA has an outdoor 50 meter pool that is Domed in the winter months. A bulkhead allows 2 x 25 yd pools in winter in addition to 2nd 25 yard indoor pool. We are accepting applications for someone to coach our Senior II group. This group is made up of 35 2nd level senior swimmers and includes some advanced age group kids, 900 and above power points value. The coach will also assist in travel and working with the Senior I group.
Duties to include:
- Direct, coordinate training and dry land for Senior II swimmers.
- Assist in administrative duties with head coach to include facility and team equipment upkeep.
- Oversee operation of ABLY hosted meets
- Expected to be a positive role model and coach in accordance with the YMCA mission statement.
- This position includes a $30-36K salary with full time benefits, depending on experience.
with Alderson Broaddus University
Alderson Broaddus University in West Virginia seeks an assistant swimming coach for it’s NCAA D II swimming program. This position reports directly to the head coach. Ideal candidate would have experience in recruiting, on deck management and an organized approach to administration.
with Winter Haven Stingrays Swim Team
The Winter Haven Stingrays Swim Team (WIN – FL) is seeking an Assistant Head Coach for our year-round club. As a non-profit swim club, the team is community supported and overseen by our elected Stingrays Board of Directors. We take great pride in the accomplishments of our coaching staff. For information on our team, please visit our team’s website: Winter Haven Stingrays.
This position reports to the Head Coach. The primary responsibility of the Assistant Head Coach is to oversee the training activities of the swimmers in the team’s age group and senior competitive program in accordance with the team mission and vision. They will assist the Head Coach with administrative and on-deck responsibilities, including at home and away meets. Other duties may be assigned by the Head Coach based on the overall needs of the team.
- Accept direction from the Head Coach but have the ability to work independently.
- Develop and execute training plans for the team’s age group and senior competitive program.
- Take responsibility for the behavior, discipline and actions of athletes during practices, competitions, and other organized team activities.
- Set performance goals for team age group swimmers and report these goals to the parents, and as necessary, the Head Coach.
- Recruit new athletes at all age and competition levels. • Establish an environment that fosters positive team attitudes, encourages self-discipline, citizenship, sportsmanship and responsibility.
- Attend USA Swimming events and LSC events as directed by the Head Coach.
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong background in competitive swimming, preferably at the collegiate level, with a minimum of 5 years progressive coaching experience for swimmers of all abilities. Collegiate coaching experience is a plus.
- Ability to effectively set and communicate appropriate goals and progressions to swimmers and parents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be energetic and provide daily positive feedback to every swimmer.
- Strong knowledge of stroke technique progression, dry land progression, training progression and taper strategies.
- Member in good standing with USA Swimming, ASCA and current on all background checks and certifications.
- Experience with OME, Meet Manager and Team Unify
with Regional YMCA of Western CT
Regional YMCA of Western Connecticut
Mako Swim Team (RYWC)
Part Time Assistant Coach
The Greenknoll Branch of the Regional YMCA of Western Connecticut is seeking a creative and highly energetic individual with a passion to help foster the YMCA’s mission in our young competitive athletes. The position encompasses working with and under the direction of the Assistant Competitive Swimming Director to promote a positive and fun filled environment for our 10 to 12-year-old athletes to grow and develop not only as swimmers but as constructive members of the community.
Currently the RYWC Mako swim team consists of approximately 200 members. Located in Brookfield, CT, the Greenknoll YMCA features an indoor 6-lane 25yd facility and seasonally enclosed 6-lane 50m or 12-lane 25yd aquatics center.
The available, part-time hourly, assistant position involves working with swimmers in the 10 to 12-year old age group levels of the swim team program. Weekday scheduled coaching hours include 6:00-8:00pm during the fall and winter season at approximately 8 to 10-hours per week. Candidates must also be available to work at approximately two competition weekends per month. Additional hours can be earned through private lessons.
Applicants must be approachable, energetic, knowledgeable about competitive swimming, and show enthusiasm and experience working with young swimmers of different ability levels.
- CPR/AED/First Aid
- Lifeguarding prefered
- Coaching or swimming experience (1 years minimum)
- USA certified coach or must complete upon accepting position
- Knowledge of Hy-Tek Team and Meet Management Software preferred
- Basic computer skills ie. Email, MS Word, Excel, etc.
- Can effectively create and lead a time managed swim practice.
- Demonstrate swimming skills effectively.
- Knows how to set up equipment for competition and practice: Lane lines, touchpads, clocks, etc.
- Assist Head Age Group Coach with administrative tasks relating to the team including swim meet entries, team social events, and communications with parents.
- Work closely with Regional YMCA of Western CT staff as well as coaches regarding issues that concern the YMCA Mako swim team as a whole.
- Uphold YMCA policy and conduct oneself according to YMCA philosophy.
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position, and to supervise program activities.
Competitive pay based on experience and qualifications. Interested applicants should email resume, cover letter, and references to:
Assistant Competitive Swimming Director/
Head Age Group Coach