with Health and Fitness
Candidates should have 3+ years coaching experience, be energetic with an understanding of swimmer development and stroke technique, a “self-starter” with a strong work ethic. Candidate must also be a team player who is able to work with other coaches in a leadership and assistant capacity.
Responsibilities will include lead and assist different training groups during practice and swim meets, complete meet entries, and attend pertinent meetings.
Hours are Monday-Friday from 4-7:30pm and Saturday 8-10am.
with University of Mount Union
The University of Mount Union is seeking applicants for the Assistant Coach position for the 2018-2019 season. This is a full-time position with benefits. You will work with both the Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving teams. Mount Union is an NCAA DIII school competing in the Ohio Athletic Conference. The college is located in Alliance, OH and features approximately 2,300 students on campus. The natatorium was recently a part of a multi-million dollar renovation to the athletics building. Assistant Coach will experience all facets of collegiate coaching with instruction and aid.
Job duties include: Team management, assistance in planning and coaching all phases of the program (practice, dryland, lifting), recruiting (correspondence & travel), individual evaluation and technique instruction, meet preparation (line-up & software), statistics and general office needs
Required: Bachelor’s Degree, strong knowledge of stroke techniques, collegiate swimming experience, Coaching experience, ability to understand and motivate athletes, communicate effectively with staff
Highly Preferred: Previous collegiate coaching experience, experience and knowledge of recruiting
Send Applications to:
Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving Coach
Applications will be considered immediately. Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume as soon as possible. Any questions can be directed to the email address above.
The Lake Erie Silver Dolphins (LESD) is seeking a Lead Site Coach for Erie, PA practice location for the USA Swim Club. Lead Site Coach will coach and manage all practice groups in the Erie, PA area. This is a part-time position requiring 10-15 hours per week, beginning as soon as possible. The Lead Site Coach reports to the LESD Head Coach and the LESD Chief Administrator.
About the Lake Erie Silver Dolphins (LESD)
LESD is the top-ranked USA Swim Team in the Lake Erie Swimming District and creates opportunities for each swimmer to develop to his/her potential not only in the pool but as a world-class citizen. LESD has six practice locations across Ohio and Pennsylvania and is part of the Lake Erie Swimming LSC with novice to Olympic level athletes. LESD coaches have a unique opportunity to collaborate with each other, coach other swimmers at meets, travel to high profile meets, and grow their coaching skills and careers.
LESD is seeking a dynamic and passionate coach who is committed to expanding swimmers’ abilities, and working collaboratively with the LESD coaching team. Responsibilities include:
• Coach and manage practice groups, and provide daily feedback to every swimmer
• Teach stroke technique and endurance
• Plan workout routines
• Interact positively with parents, swimmers, and other coaches
• Co-work with other Lead Site Coaches, and work independently at Erie, PA location
• 3+ years coaching and workout/season planning experience required
• Strong leadership skills, and mentality to “keep swimming fun”
• Positive, education-based approach with school age children
• Ability and commitment to work, train, and instruct multiple practice groups in the afternoon every day. Hours will change during holiday breaks & summer schedule.
• Ability to attend majority of swim meets where LESD swimmer(s) are participating
• Strong stroke technique and endurance background; patience working with younger swimmers
• Strong customer service and decision making skills
• Excellent verbal and communication skills
• Knowledge of Hytek Meet Manager, Team Manager, and Team Unify, team administration skills are key
• Must have all current USA Swimming Certifications
with Johnson Ranch Barracudas
Johnson Ranch Racquet Club, a Premier Spare Time Club, is seeking a Head Coach with the primary responsibilities of directing its:
- Recreational Competitive Spring/Summer Swim Team, the Johnson Ranch Barracudas
- Fall/Winter Swim Team, as part of Spare Time Aquatics
Reports To: General Manager, Johnson Ranch Racquet Club
Compensation: The compensation is dependent on the employee’s experience, scope of position and negotiable
Essential Job Functions
Head Coach, Johnson Ranch Barracudas
- Employee is tasked with overseeing the day to day operations of the Johnson Ranch Barracudas which shall include organizing and directing practices to develop its youth swimmers at levels, hiring and management of coaching staff, meet preparation and management, administrative duties, building strong relationships with its swimmers and families, working with and partnering with the Board of Directors, and ensuring the execution of the team’s Mission Statement.
- Attends and participates in all Board meetings.
Site Head Coach, Johnson Ranch Racquet Club, Fall/Winter Spare Time Aquatics
- Employee is tasked with overseeing the day to day operations of the Johnson Ranch Racquet Club Fall/Winter Spare Time Aquatics program which shall include organizing and directing practices to develop its youth swimmers at levels, hiring and management of coaching staff, meet preparation and management, administrative duties, building strong relationships with its swimmers and families, and creating and building upon an organizational Mission Statement.
- Attends and participates in all Board meetings.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Assistant coach or 2 years’ as a Head Coach
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Registered USA Swimming Coach
- Proven success at executing a plan to develop swimmers of all ages at all skill levels
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship builder
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Experience in management, ability to provide clear direction to employees, and highly organized
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and clean drivers record
Johnson Ranch Racquet Club, a Premier Spare Time Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer
with Lionville YMCA
with VELOCITY SWIMMING
Velocity Swimming in Wenatchee, WA is seeking a full-time Head Age Group Coach (ASCA Level 2 or 3 preferred). The Head Age Group Coach is primarily responsible for coaching our 11 to 14-year-old “Bronze Group” swimmers. The group features some Age Group Zone qualifiers but is diverse in its ability range. Additionally, the Head Age Group Coach is expected to teach in and direct our small “Swim America” swim lesson program and oversee and mentor the rest of the age group coaching staff.
Additional duties include assisting with team growth and marketing, directing the team captain program, meet entries for non-championship meets, home meet set up and tear down, upkeep of our meet results and team records, assisting with the team unify website, assisting with team calendar and coaching assignments, filling in for other coaching groups as needed and other duties as assigned. Meet travel per-diem, cell phone allowance, and certification upkeep are paid by the team. Training opportunities may be paid on an as-needed and approved basis. Prospective candidates should be strong leaders who exhibit a desire to assist young swimmers in achieving their goals. Candidates must also possess a set of skills including but not limited to: computer skills with experience in Hy-Tek and Team Unify team management platforms and Office suite of programs, and excellent communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate to parents and swimmers in a positive-collaborative manner. Additional income of up to $120 per week is available through teaching of private sessions to team members on non-meet Saturdays.
with YMCA of Hannibal
Benefits: Full Medical, Vision, HRA, Life, & Y Retirement
The YMCA of Hannibal is seeking a full-time Director of Swimming. The ideal candidate would have a proven track record of successfully coaching participants from beginner swim lessons to competitive swim team levels. Job Summary and Responsibilities are listed below:
The Director of Swimming is responsible for the coaching, management and operation of the Hannibal Hurricanes Swim Team, Group and Private Swim Lesson Program, and Master Swim Program.
Director of Swimming General Responsibilities:
- Plan, prepare and conduct swim team practices.
- Hire and Work with assistant coaches to develop and administer appropriate plans for all swimmers in the HHST Swim Team.
- Be proficient in creating work outs for all age groups and skill levels
- Work with assistant coaches to ensure continuity in athlete development.
- Actively participate in and work with the Heartland Area, River Country, and Ozark swim leagues in order to assure team participation in all available swim meets, invitational meets and championships meets
- Attend scheduled Practices and Swim Meets
- Prepare meet entries and provide on deck coaching at all age group meets.
- Maintain accurate records of attendance and training. Plan and monitor incentive program for swimmers.
- Establish group guidelines for swimmers and evaluate athletes periodically and make recommendations for progression through the program.
- Work closely with Aquatics Director in coordinating pool needs; practice times, meets, etc. As well as tracking monthly swim fees
- Work closely with Wellness Director in coordinating dry land sessions for the swimmers
- Perform various administrative duties, including communication with parents via email, phone, bulletin board, mailbox system and team website.
- Coordinate parent volunteer responsibilities in the areas of; home and away swim meets (timers/recorders, officials, score keepers, and runners), swim team fundraising, and working with any parent volunteer leaders.
- Be proficient with Hytek (meet manager and team manager), On Deck, and Colorado Timing System. Maintain routine maintenance of CTS
Swim Lessons/Master Swim
- Plan, prepare and staff group/private swim lessons.
- Oversee quality and development of swim lessons/master swim program
- Interact positively with swimmers, parents, co-workers and the general public
- Have knowledge of proper swimming skills and be able to communicate these clearly to swimmers
Skills, Education, and Experience:
- W.S.I and/or YMCA Lifeguard Instructor Certification
- CPR, First Aid, AED, Blood borne Pathogens Instructor Certification
- YMCA Progressive Swim Certifications preferred
- Certified Lifeguard, Principles of Aquatic Leadership, Swim Instructor certified preferred
- USA swimming coach’s certification
- Minimum 2-year experience as a swim instructor or swim coach.
- Knowledgeable in “Meet Manager” software for swim meet scoring
- College Degree preferred
Swimming, speaking, hearing, seeing, reading, writing, typing, lifting, walking, standing
The Director of Swimming will work in both an office setting with use of computer and other office equipment to perform job functions, as well as performing on the pool deck and other areas of the Aquatics Center.
Please submit resume and applications to Eric Abts, Executive Director by Friday, October 12th 2018 by mail to:
YMCA of Hannibal #1 YMCA Drive, Hannibal MO 63401 or by email [email protected]
with Vernon Hills Swim Team
Turtles Swim Team – An Illinois swim club located in the northern Illinois area is seeking a part-time age group coach that will work with our two middle level groups. The Turtles Swim Team is run through the Vernon Hills Park District. Ages are primarily between the age of 10 and 13 with group sizes ranging from 15-20. As the first coach many of these athletes will have, the applicant must be enthusiastic, patient, focused on technique and making the sport fun. This hourly position requires candidates to have excellent communication, teaching and people skills. Candidate will report to Head Coach and must be a team player. This is a part time position with employee benefits on programs through the district.
Candidate must be a USA Swimming coach in good standing with competitive coaching experience. Ability to work late afternoons and early evenings is a must. Club hosts meets frequently which will require assistance in running of while athletes are not participating. Club averages 2 meet every month.
- Knowledge of competitive swimming and or previous coaching experience
- obtain necessary certifications: coaches safety training, CPR & First Aid, background check, and athlete protection training
- Passion for the sport of swimming
- Team-oriented, good communicator, positive, and energetic
Pay is based upon experience at an hourly rate. Additionally, the club will reimburse any fees needed for certification and professional growth.
with City Of Berkeley
OPENING DATE: 03/19/18
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
City of Berkeley is accepting applications for Assistant Aquatics Coordinator to fill two temporary, hourly vacancies. This class is responsible for assisting with the organization and direction of City aquatics programs. Incumbents assist in planning, directing, and implementing Citywide water sports and aquatics center activities. Specialized knowledge of advanced swimming techniques and acceptable standards and methods of pool maintenance and water quality control is required. This class is distinguished from Aquatics Coordinator in that the latter has overall supervisory responsibility for City aquatics centers and aquatics programs.
Typical duties include:
– Assists in aquatics center and program planning, organization and implementation
– Recommends staffing, coordinates staff assignments and program scheduling and participates in the recruitment, interviewing, testing and training of new staff
– Completes staff evaluations and organizes training and safety practices sessions
– Writes staff training materials
– Monitors the progress and effectiveness of aquatics programs and recommends necessary improvements
– Updates brochures and poster layouts, prepares mailing lists and arranges for publicity in local media
– Sets up fund raising events and activities such as swim-a-thons
– Organizes and directs volunteers for specialized aquatics programs
– Provides volunteer training and organizes recognition events
– Surveys program participants to develop program feedback
– Monitors the collection and deposit of program receipts
– Handles aquatics section payroll and prepares periodic program reports
– Participates in the preparation of program budgets and quarterly reports
– Monitors supply needs and requisitions necessary supplies, materials and equipment
– Plans, organizes, schedules and staffs aquatics programs and coordinates swim team and program schedules
– Enforces safety and operating procedures; on an assigned basis supervises a City aquatics center and lifeguards as necessary
– Sets up aquatics facility rentals
– Performs pool and pool area maintenance checks for aquatics centers and observes program and staff activities
– Participates in special maintenance and “clean up” projects
– Equivalent to graduation from high school
– Four (4) years of increasingly responsible experience in recreation or aquatics program planning, coordination or leadership which included one (1) year of lead experience in the principles and techniques of effective supervision.
-College level coursework in recreation, physical education or closely related field may be substituted for the experience on a year for year basis.
– Must possess a valid Water Safety Instruction Card which requires an advanced Life Saving Certificate and successful completion of first aid and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Successful applicants will possess the following:
– Aquatics program activities, including swim instruction classes, swim tournaments and aquatics sports
– Water safety and life saving techniques
– Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and first aid techniques
– Modern swimming methods and instruction techniques
– Community aquatics program needs for all ages
– Basic supervisory principles and practices
– Rules and regulations pertaining to pool management and aquatics programs
– Basic principles of first aid and cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
– Team sport scheduling, including selection and coordination of team schedules
– Pool maintenance and water chemistry.
– Motivating and providing encouragement for participation in aquatics programs
– Implementing multi faceted aquatics programs
– Identifying community aquatics needs and recommending programs to fulfill them
– Planning, staffing and scheduling aquatics programs and events
– Performing life saving techniques, cardio pulmonary resuscitation and basic first aid
– Exercising sound independent judgment within general policy guidelines
– Preparing clear and complete reports of program activities and other written correspondence
– Maintaining organized and accurate records of swim instruction classes and other aquatics programs
– Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work
Applicants must submit the following:
– City of Berkeley Employment Application
– Supplemental Questionnaire
– Copy of Water Safety Instructor Card, advanced Life Saving certificate, and CPR and first aid certificate.
This recruitment is open until the positions are filled. Faxes and incomplete applications will not be accepted. Resumes are not a substitute for a completed application.
The examination process will consist of:
– Review of applications for minimum qualifications for the position.
– Applicants passing all examination phases will have their names referred to the hiring department(s) will use to conduct final selection interviews. Hiring Department(s) will contact applicants directly if selected to participate in their hiring/selection process.
Candidates under final consideration for employment with the City should expect to undergo an employment background / reference check that may include, but is not limited to: employment history, confirmation of educational credentials and degrees, licenses including driver’s license, registrations, certificates, and other credentials as part of the appointment process. Some positions, depending on the nature of the work, also require a credit check and a review of Summary Criminal History obtained from the State Department of Justice through Live Scan fingerprinting.
The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, and any provisions contained in this bulletin may be modified or revoked without notice. Tests may consist of any combination of written, oral or other exercises or assessment procedures that test content. Components may include, but are not necessarily limited to, typing, math, reading, writing and analytical skills; problem solving ability; computer and software proficiency, or any other job-related knowledge, skill, ability or qualification. The City may, without notice, change or eliminate any particular assessment component or combination of components as needs dictate.
All City employees are required to provide services as Disaster Service Workers in the event of an emergency/disaster.
Exam Access Accommodation: In compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations, the City of Berkeley will employ and promote qualified individuals without regard to disability. The City is committed to making reasonable accommodations in the examination process and in the work environment. Individuals requesting reasonable accommodations in the examination process must do so no later than the final filing date for receipt of applications, otherwise it may not be possible to arrange accommodations for the selection process. Such requests should be addressed to the Human Resources Department | 1-510-981-6800 | [email protected] |2180 Milvia 1st Floor, Berkeley, CA 94704. Requests can be made via email, phone, or in writing via U.S. mail.
Alternative Application Formats: This application material is available in alternative formats upon request. Alternative formats include audio-format, braille, large print, electronic text, etc. Please contact the ADA Coordinator, 2180 Milvia Street, Berkeley | Phone: 1-(510)-981-6300 | TTY: 1-(510)-981-6347| [email protected] and allow 7-10 days for production of the material in an alternative format.
The City of Berkeley is an EEO/ADA Employer.
To apply and for more information about this opening, please visit our website at http://www.cityofberkeley.info/hr/
with Tiger Aquatics
Tiger Aquatics – A Louisiana Swim Club with 4 sites located in the Baton Rouge area is seeking a full-time age group coach that will work with our two entry level groups at our main site located on the campus of Louisiana State University. Tiger Aquatics is a coach owned program run as a LLC. We do have a booster organization that works on enhancing the swimming program at all of our locations. Ages are primarily between the age of 6 and 10 with group size ranging from 15-30. As the first coach many of these athletes will have, the applicant must be enthusiastic, patient, focused on technique and making the sport fun.
This salaried position requires candidates to have excellent communication, teaching and people skills. Candidate will report to Head Age Group Coach and Head Coach and must be a team player. This is a full time position and salary is commensurate with experience. The option for added health benefits is negotiable as well.
Candidate must be a USA Swimming coach in good standing with competitive coaching experience. Ability to work late afternoons and early evenings is a must. Club hosts meets frequently which will require assistance in running of while athletes are not participating. Club averages one meet every month. Expenses are covered for travel
T3I Coaches assigned to the Special Warfare (SW) Preparatory Course at Lackland AFB, San Antonio, TX, provide training and development of the Air Force’s (AF) future SW Airmen (SWA), who are organized, trained, and equipped to deliver distinctive expertise in combat and other high-risk environments. As the only AF capability specifically designed to primarily operate as surface combatants, SWA directly assist, control, enable, and execute air and space-power capabilities to conduct: Joint Fires Integration, Special Operations, Personnel Recovery, Tactical Airlift Operations, and Special Weather Operations.
Selected coaches are assigned to a team that is responsible for preparing SW recruits for physical and mental success during their 12 to 24-month training pipelines. Daily activities include instruction, demonstration, and application of physical training principles and techniques, with emphasis on body- weight exercises, functional movements, and performance under load. Coaches have daily contact and interaction with AF trainees and senior leaders, as well as other staff members, contractors and vendors. As such, Coaches must adhere to the highest standards of conduct throughout the course of their daily activities and apply appropriate relationships with trainees, customers, and teammates.
Required Skills, Experience & Abilities:
- Swim Coaching experience at a competitive level (club, collegiate, or Olympic)
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of sound training skills, relevant to fitness and athletics
- Develop, implement and teach foundational fitness skills to students with varying ability levels
- Build rapport with students and motivate them to achieve higher levels of performance
- Strong communication (written and oral), leadership and organizational skills
- Effectively teach various blocks of instruction related to health, fitness and physical performance
- Pass fitness test; 500-yard swim, 48 sit-ups, 40 pushups, 6 pull-ups and a 1.5mile in =< 12:00.
- Maintain a high degree of personal fitness and lead by example
- Be able to demonstrate all physical exercises and events required of the students
- Employ relevant technologies to support the training program and improve students’ performance
- Evaluate and provide written professional assessments on emerging technologies’
- Successfully complete the High-Risk Training Course taught by military instructors
- Study, follow and apply designated AF training and safety directives and guidelines
- Effectively work with frequent changes, interruptions and varying environmental conditions
Desired Skills & Experience:
- •Experience developing and conducting collegiate, Olympic or professional athletic programs
- Experience coaching athletes at the club, collegiate, Olympic or professional level
- Highly successful athlete at the club, collegiate, Olympic or professional level
Prior military service in Special Operations or other Combat Arms specialty
Required Education and Certifications:
B.S. or B.A. degree in Health and Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or related field Certified Level 3 American Swimming Coach (ASCA)
Certified Lifeguard, CPR, AED, and First Aid
Desired Education and Certifications:
M.S. or M.A. degree in Sports, Athletics, Fitness, Nutrition or related field of study Registered Strength and Conditioning Coach with Distinction (RSCC®*D) Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
Certified Cross-fit Level 3 trainer (CF-L3)
T3I is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VSOB) providing tailored, direct support to a variety of customers with a full range of unique tactical services and specialized technology solutions. T3I is headquartered in Aurora, Colorado and employs a robust group of full-time personnel directly supporting Special Operations Forces (SOF) missions at numerous locations across the United States. Our cadre is comprised of former SOF operators, with significant special operations and combat deployment experience, and elite physical fitness coaches with extensive experience as former collegiate and professional sports trainers and or competitive athletes. Our team of T3I experts have and continue to make positive, lasting impacts to the preparation and success of the current and next generation of SOF warriors. T3I offers very competitive salaries for the industry and excellent benefits, including matching 401k Plan, Stock Options, Profit Sharing Plan, Group Health and Dental Plan, Long Term Disability, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Life Insurance, two weeks PTO and 10 paid Holidays annually.
Required Background Check: National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) Type of
Employment: Full Time
Work Location: Lackland AFB, San Antonio, TX
with Brandeis University
Brandeis University seeks to hire a Temporary Assistant Swimming & Diving Coach to assist the Head Coach in all aspects of coaching the team which competes as an NCAA DIII program and as a member of the University Athletic Association (UAA).
Length of temporary assignment:
September 16, 2018 through March 15, 2019
- Previous coaching experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid driver’s license
**A background check is required to be submitted for this role**
with Mecklenburg Swim Association
Mecklenburg Swim Association (MSA Swim) in the Charlotte, NC area is looking for a coach to assist in our Age Group and Developmental Programs coaching primarily 12 and Under swimmers.
Responsibilities of this position include coaching, assisting in dryland, as well as administrative duties related to the group and overall team operations. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree, experience with swimming as a coach or athlete, excellent organization and communication skills, and a desire to study and progress as a coach and a professional.
Candidate should have ASCA level two coaching certification, or ability to obtain quickly.
with Davidson College
Davidson Collge is seeking to hire a full time Head Diving Coach for its NCAA Division I Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving programs. This position will recruit student athletes, train and prepare them for competition, and perform administrative duties related to a collegiate swimming & diving program at a highly selective liberal arts college.
with Flemish Swimming Federation
The Flemish Swimming Federation and Swimming Club Brabo Antwerp are to join their forces for the selection of promising youngsters and elite swimmers in a new high performance center. We are inviting two highly motivated coaches to fill in coach positions and sustain the efficacy of the organization.
The tasks of the coach, under the supervision of the headcoach, are:
- to conduct the daily training sessions in the swimming pool;
- the training sessions are organized on Monday and Friday from 06.00-08.15 and 16.30-19.00 and on Saturday morning from 7.30-10.00;
- the strenght and conditioning are on Monday ( to be agreed upon) and Wednesday and Saturday afternoon (between 15.00-18.00);
- the make-up of training schemes (depending upon the profile and experience of the candidate);
- conducting the training sessions at periods of training abroad;
- the preparation and conducting of swimmers at important competitions.
Furthermore, coaches are expected to:
- work instructed by the headcoach;
- co operate with all specialists supporting the team;
- stay in touch with all essential and necessary training tools;
- assist to minimum one clinic per season, organized by the Flemish Swimming Federation;
- adopt a loyal, positive and constructive behaviour towards the high performance policy.
Profile of the requested candidates:
- minimum 2 years experience as a swimming coach, in which International experience is a bonus;
- minimum possession of a degree/ diploma of trainer B issued by VTS or therewith assimilated;
- work according to plan, purposeful, both instructed and independent;
- able to co operate in team;
- have an open mind for innovation and development;
- willing to function within a flexible working scheme (periods of training and competitions).
- full time employment as a coach of Topsport Swimming Antwerp;
- station: Antwerp. Olympisch Zwemcentrum de Wezenberg;
- entrance of office as of October 2018.