Location: 1 Mangini Way, Burlingame, CA, USA
with Burlingame Aquatic Club
Full-Time Lead Coach and Multiple Group Assistant
Under the supervision of the Head Coach (HC), the Lead Age Group Coach (LAGC) is responsible for developing, organizing, and implementing a high quality training and education program to meet the needs of the assigned groups of the BAC Age Group Swim Team. Our goal is for our team to grow in quantity and quality as a competitive swim team within the Zone 1 North of Pacific Swimming and USA Swimming. The LAGC is the primary point of contact for the swimmers and parents in his/her assigned groups, and must ensure that a professional level program is offered at all times.
In addition to serving as the LEAD of the assigned groups, the LAGC will also perform the duties of an assistant coach to multiple groups.
The LAGC will also carry out administrative duties as assigned by the HC.
The LAGC will be the LEAD on:
- Maintaining a season plan for all group(s) coached. This includes when to alter practice schedule to optimize training, social events, incentive programs, etc.
- Communicating with all group(s) coached. This will include a weekly email as well as any additional support emails that must be addressed over the course of the week.
- Managing assigned pool space (lane set-up, covers). Please allow 15 minutes on the pool deck immediately before a scheduled practice and 15 minutes immediately following to assess your pool situation and to answer parent/swimmer questions.
- Educating swimmers and parents on team culture and competitive swimming etiquette.
- Maintaining good standing as a coach member of USA Swimming
The HC will require support from the LAGC on the following:
- Attend meets as assigned by HC
- Fundraising efforts. This could be organizing a fundraiser with a local restaurant, our annual Lap-A-Thon, Silent Auction, etc.
- Technique Clinics
- Maintaining a proper work schedule under federal, state, and BAC employment guidelines
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned by the HC
The LAGC is responsible for:
- The contents of the BAC Employee Handbook
- Logging daily attendance for swim group(s)
- Ensuring the safety of swimmers (staying with swimmers if we are closing)
- Logging hours daily in ADP app
- Attend weekly staff meetings
Hours and Location:
Hours for this position include approximately 22-25 hours of practice time per week as agreed to with the Coach, all at the Burlingame Aquatic Center or satellite pool locations, plus additional time spent preparing the facility for practices, meeting with coworkers, and responding to member inquiries. Some administrative work must be done on site at the aquatic facility, in addition to staff meetings. Practice hours include morning practice sessions, early afternoon practice sessions as well as the possibility of evening practice sessions. A typical month will also include 1-2 weekend swim meets/competitions (An additional 8-10 hours each of these meet weekends).
An additional 5-8 hours per week will be assigned by the HC to perform team-management related tasks.
The LAGC must have a strong background in the sport of swimming (USA Swimming and/or collegiate swimming background preferred) and have the ability to effectively teach swimming to a wide range of athletes. He/she must be able to provide creative swim workouts that incorporate the technical needs of all swimmers, and also have a very positive on-deck demeanor. The LAGC must have professional communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with participants about any program changes or special events. The LAGC must be reliable, punctual, and approachable, and must be dedicated to sustaining a strong program that values all levels of swimmers. He/she must be able to cooperate with all BAC staff members in an effort to support the overall mission of the club.
The LAGC must hold a current nationally recognized Training Certification in CPR, First Aid, and Water Safety for Swim Coaches and is responsible for keeping those certifications current. American Red Cross Lifeguard certification is required within 3 months. Current coaching membership in USA Swimming is also required. BAC does reimburse for the cost of certification/membership upkeep.
Location: Wilmington, NC, USA
with Cape Fear Aquatic Club / YMCA of Southeastern, NC
Cape Fear Aquatic Club in Wilmington, NC is seeking a part-time assistant swim coach.
The assistant coach will lead our athletes during practices and meets, instructing and inspiring our swimmers in a fun and positive environment. Three to five evening shifts per week are required, which may range from one to three hours depending on the age group; there will also be regularly scheduled weekend meets that range from 8 to 12 hours each. Hours can be discussed based on groups that this position may coach. This position may be seasonal or year-round.
Pay range: $14.00-$16.50
Deadline to apply: December, 20th, 2019
Location: El Segundo, CA, USA
with Alpha Aquatics
Alpha Aquatics is a nationally competitive swim team of 200+ athletes located in the El Segundo and Westchester areas of Los Angeles. The team focuses on creating a fun, energized, race paced training environment for all levels from beginner to Jr National and Sr National levels.
We are seeking an experienced, energized and passionate Coach to lead our age group program. As Head Age Group Coach, you will be working hand in hand with the Alpha Head Coach in developing an age group program that will create the foundation for continued senior swimming success. The successful candidate will be an ambitious, driven individual who can commit to Alpha Aquatics core values, goals, and mission. He/she must possess a high degree of emotional maturity, able to motivate children with varied social, emotional and physical attributes, as well as foster strong communication with parents and Alpha Aquatics’ management.
- Coach Junior Olympic level athletes.
- Manage the Alpha Age Group Program including creation of seasonal competition schedules
- Develop training templates, schedules and season plan in collaboration with other age group coaches
- 15-20 hours of on deck coaching per week plus participation in average of 1 swim meet per month.
- Implement, expand and enhance established training and drill progressions to be utilized by other age group coaches
- Foster strong communication within Alpha Program, including parents, athletes and coaches
- Perform various administrative tasks relating to the team
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of coaching experience
- Member in good standing with USA Swimming
- Collegiate swimming experience
- Working knowledge of Team Unify
- Energetic, dynamic and positive leader
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Enthusiasm for continuing coaching education
- Salary commensurate with experience
Location: 5701 W. Oakton Street skokie, IL
with Niles West High School, Niles Township District 219
Niles West High School in Skokie, Illinois is in need of 2 full-time, Assistant Water Polo Coaches for the upcoming 2020 Spring Season. We need 1 for our Boys Staff and 1 for our Girls Staff.
Location: 5 West 63rd Street – 6th Floor
with YMCA of Greater New York
SALARY: $15.00 – $16.50 P/H
PART-TIME / FULL-TIME
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Prospect Park YMCA is seeking qualified individuals who will be responsible for the health and safety of patrons using the facility.
- Must be Instructor Ready: uniform, pocket face mask/gloves, whistle and rescue tube.
- Continuous and active scanning of the pool.
- Ensure instructional equipment remains in good condition; have all equipment ready prior to classes and put away after.
- Know and understand the Emergency Action Plan and Emergency Evacuation Routes.
- Enforce aquatics safety rules consistently and fairly.
- Perform second duties, as requested, only when not lifeguarding.
- Maintain positive relationships with members and staff.
- Follow the directions of the YMCA of Greater New York aquatic supervisors, in accordance with the YMCA aquatic standards.
- Must attain the YMCA Lifeguard certification within 90 days of hire.
- Maintain certification level of physical and mental readiness. Responsible for recertification before expiration.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- Must be 17 years of age or older.
- High School diploma or equivalent, desired.
- Current YMCA Lifeguard certification or equivalent.
- Current Basic Life Support, First Aid and Emergency Oxygen certifications.
- Demonstrate swim strokes, lifeguard rescues and BLS/BFA/EO skills.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Excellent hospitality skills.
Location: 3636 Municipal Drive, McHenry, IL, USA
with McHenry Marlins Aquatic Club
Supervise and facilitate the McHenry Marlins Aquatics Swim Team for youth ages 6 – 18 years old. Nurture the development and swim mechanics in participants while providing a safe and controlled environment. Head coach is to be a liaison between the participants and program department in conveying information or program changes. Head coach is to develop training plans, supervise a swim group, and be present for all meets. They play an integral role in the development of building strong character values in youth. The staff at all times is a representative of the philosophy, mission, and goal of the City of McHenry and its parks and recreation department. Staff must strive to work cooperatively with the Athletics & Aquatics Supervisor and fellow employees to achieve the goals and objectives of the City of McHenry Parks & Recreation department.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS (SPECIALIZED, TECHNICAL, OR PRACTICAL)
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be an example of good moral behavior
- Must have previous experience and knowledge with a swim team
- Basic First Aid and CPR certification current or obtained as soon as possible
- Understanding and ability to operate Team Unify, Meet Manager, and Team Manager software
- Desire to work with children and parents on a daily basis
HUMAN RELATION SKILLS
- Willingness to project the City of McHenry image by personal adherence to all policies
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret and administer all policies, established by the City of McHenry Parks & Recreation department, to all employees and volunteers you may come in contact with
- Current lifeguard certification, USA swimming certification, and Red Cross Safety Training for Coaches or ability to obtain within first 3 – 6 months of employment
- At least 2 years’ experience with a competitive swim team in a volunteer, coach, or participant aspect
- Prefer one or more years of college in a related field (i.e. recreation, child development, sports management, physical education, etc.)
DECISION MAKING AND JUDGEMENT
- Oversee the direction and development of swim team program and coaching staff
- Run the daily operations of swim team meets and practices
- Ability to handle and resolve conflicts between coaches, participants, parents, and spectators
- Initiate, develop, and maintain positive relationships with program participants and parents
- Developing work-outs that are age-appropriate focusing on technique, endurance, stroke development, etc.
- Developing a season training plan for the team
- Be responsible for maintaining order and discipline within program
- Market programs to other departments & community organizations where youth are present
- Attend regional and local training to expand swim team knowledge
- Create plan for adjusting swim groups and advancement of swimmers
- Keep program within budget through program development and participant retention
- Be prepared to discuss with a parent any experience a child has during program
- Supervise volunteers while they are working, assist other staff, and follow/enforce policies set forth by supervisor
- Acts as the liaison between the Parks & Recreation Department, USA Swimming, swim coaches, and parents
- Assist in the recruitment and development of the coaching staff and athletes
- Work closely with the Athletics & Aquatics Supervisor and Marlins Parent Board in establishing and meeting club goals and objectives
- Determines and enters meet line-ups and is present for meets (or identifies lead for meets that is approved by Athletics & Aquatics Supervisor 72 hours prior to meet date)
- Assists with developing practice times and assigning coaches to swim groups/levels
- Assigns coaches and officials for meets along with helping organize volunteers for meets
- Creates, coordinates, and instructs stroke clinics in connection with swim team
- Will be at your program area and set up 15 minutes prior to start of scheduled activities
- Keep program areas clean, neat, and organized to optimize customer satisfaction
- Maintain inventories and report any equipment problems or needs to the Athletics & Aquatics Supervisor
- Report any incidents to the Athletics & Aquatics Supervisor and fill out any necessary paperwork within 24 hours of incident
- Participate in weekly meetings with Athletics & Aquatics Supervisor
- Ability to attend regular scheduled program events and additional meetings as needed
- Submit attendance rosters, time sheets, and evaluations to Athletics & Aquatics Supervisor within set deadlines
- Update Team Unify website with seasonal information including meet results, line-ups, events, calendar items, swimmer profiles, and parent accounts – Update and track team statistics using Team Manager for records and swimmer personal bests.
- Send weekly and monthly communications to parents through Team Unify website and social media resources
- Develop meet schedule including ISI meets and Recreation meets for the season.
- Maintaining positive relationships with outside coaching staff and outside organizations to build the MMAC swim team in McHenry and surrounding community
- Act as liaison for summer youth swim lesson to help recruit swimmers and develop youth lessons to flow into swim team.
- Ability to operate Colorado and Dolphin timing systems or learn with first 3-6 weeks.
- Maintains order and safety in swimming areas
- Assists in enforcing club and pool policies at all times
- Keep accurate count of children in program
- Accountable for set-up and take-down of equipment for practices, meets, and swim team events
- Responsible for delegating duties to staff and overseeing their work performance during the season.
- Responsible for selecting, instructing, directing, and supervising the flow of work
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to swim or demonstrate the competitive strokes of front crawl, backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly
- Understanding of competitive swimming terminology and ability to explain to coaches and swimmers
- Ability to multi-task and handle high pressure situations in loud environments
- Must be motivated and able to implement oral and written instructions
- Must be able to communicate respectfully and effectively with supervisor, co-workers, parents, and children ages 6-18
- Must be physically able to lift a child (if necessary)
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to evaluate situations and make decisions within established policies and standards
- Requires frequent lifting and moving of equipment and supplies
- Must be able to participate in activities
- Knowledge and physical ability to respond in emergency situations
- Candidate must be energetic, outgoing, and interested in being a positive role model to young children
- Candidate must possess strong oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Candidate must possess ability to be flexible and adjust to changing work environment
- Candidate must possess creativity, initiative, and willingness to learn and implement new ideas
- Candidate must be trained and certified in First Aid and CPR
Are you passionate about swimming and living an active lifestyle? Swim.com is looking for a creative and passionate Marketing Manager to join the Swim.com team. If combining your passion for swimming and digital marketing sounds like your ideal position then keep reading!
Swim.com is the first (and best) activity tracking platform to be 100% focused on swimmers. With the most accurate proprietary swim tracking algorithms, we support all major wearables including the Apple Watch, WearOS compatible devices and Samsung Wearables. We also integrate with Garmin. With thousands of custom workouts, Swim.com users take their swim to the next level, join clubs and compete on leaderboards.
Remote Role | Regular Full-time | Reports to the President, Swim.com
What you will do
• Define and drive the brand awareness and voice of Swim.com across all channel
• Instagram, Twitter & Facebook
• Email Marketing
• App Push Notifications
• Press Releases
• Own Application Store Optimization (ASO) for the Swim.com Android and iOS apps as well as our Tizen wearable apps
• Manage marketing spend across all channels (Social, Adwords, Apple Search Ads, etc.), sponsorships, and events
• Manage all aspects of digital engagement through the customer lifecycle (including automated re-engagement)
• Work with Product and Design to define and drive marketing campaigns
• Create and execute a multi-channel strategy that fits within the user’s journey (from PPC to automated in-app notifications)
• Use Data to drive insights from marketing back into product development to help align the Swim.com roadmap with what customers want most
• Define and execute team and individual challenges to promote engagement
• Work with industry partners and sponsors to coordinate and attend expos, swim meets and other industry events
• Conduct market research on trends, consumer preferences, habits and competitive intelligence
Who you are
• Love swimming! Doesn’t matter if you swim for fitness or for competition
• Demonstrable experience in managing and improving ASO
• Well-organized and detail oriented
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
• Experience with Google Analytics, Google Play Store and App Store to drive marketing
• 2+ years marketing experience with a platform that has native apps. Experience in the active and health space is a PLUS!
• BS/BA in marketing, communication or equivalent
• Experience with AppFigures, OneSignal and Tableau
Location: Atascocita, TX, USA
with Eagle Swimming Association
Eagle Swimming Association is seeking people who are passionate about the sport to join our staff as part-time coaches. Coaching Hours would include M – F 3:45 – 6:30 and/or 6:30 – 8:15 pm and some weekends with swim meets.
We run practices out of Summer Creek High School and Atascocita High School both High Schools have 8 x 25 pools.
There are opportunities to work with athletes at every level; from learn to swim to national level swimmers. These positions are perfect for former swimmers who would like to get back into the sport but have other careers or obligations in their lives or excited about starting a new career. Our staff takes care of the dry side so your focus will be on the swimmers. College swimmers home for the summer are also encouraged to apply for seasonal positions.
This is also a good way to learn more about the profession. Our leaders have years of experience creating, developing and nurturing high-performance swim organizations. If you love swimming, have a positive mindset and a passion for helping people set and reach their goals, apply today.
Must hold or obtain all the necessary requirements to become a USA Swimming certified coach.
You can learn more about of club, people and organization at our website: eagleswimmingassocation.com
Min Salary: $10 hour
Max Salary: $18 hour
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit resumes and questions to [email protected]
Location: Given Road, Cincinnati, OH, USA
with Cincinnati Aquatic Club
Cincinnati Aquatic Club ~Coaching Positions now available for SC 2019-20:
We are excited to announce that due to increased enrollment we are looking to add additional coaches to the team.
Transition & Senior Level Group Assistant :
We are looking for an assistant coach who would work with our Tran. & Sr Groups ages 13- 18 Previous coaching/Swimming experience required.
A-1 Group Assistant:
We are looking for an A-1 Group assistant Coach who would work primarily with 6-9 year old swimmers. 3 days per week approximately 1 ½ hours and cover a few one day meets as well. Two of the practice are in the evenings on Tuesday and Thursday and a mid-day Saturday. Group communication skills will be needed. Previous coaching /swimming experience required.
Practice Times Tuesday & Thursday 6:00-7:15 pm Saturday 12:00-1:30 pm
All applicants need to have previous coaching experience. USA Swimming requires certification in the following areas: CPR, Standard First Aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches and background checks. The Cincinnati Aquatic Club will cover the cost for all the above certifications and background checks if the applicants need to obtain them. Salaries will be commensurate with experience.
All interested candidates should contact Head Coach Benson Spurling immediately at [email protected] or call 513 474-9461 office.
Location: 170 Santa Maria Avenue, Pacifica, CA, USA
with City of Pacifica
The Parks, Beaches and Recreation Department within the City of Pacifica works closely with the community providing programming to youth, seniors and all citizens. We strive to foster a collaborative atmosphere among staff while providing high quality programs, activities and events to the community and neighborhoods. We take pride in offering excellent community service while remaining adaptable and responsive to our residents’ needs and expectations.
Currently, the Parks, Beaches and Recreation Department has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, goal driven individual to join our team as our next Head Swim Coach!
If interested, apply today!
Under the supervision of the Recreation Coordinator, this position is assigned to the Aquatics Division of the Recreation Department at the City of Pacifica. The Head Swim Coach teaches the fundamentals of competitive swimming in a positive environment. The duties include coaching the swim team, providing instruction and guidance during training sessions, supervising several assistant swim coaches, and performing other related work as required.
The Head Swim Coach is responsible for working with the Recreation Coordinator to ensure the development of each individual swimmer while encouraging sportsmanship, healthy competition, and attendance at meets. This position is expected to enforce the discipline of regular swimming practices consisting of technique demonstration and drills along with age-appropriate motivation, encouragement and fun.
Location: 275 Convention Drive, Cary, NC, USA
with Triangle Aquatic Center
The Triangle Aquatic Center (TAC) was founded to fill the long-term need for year-round public aquatic facilities that addresses the health, safety, recreation and competition needs of Triangle citizens and organizations. TAC is the host to over 80 aquatic events and visited by more than 500,000 patrons annually. TAC is the home for the TAC TITANS Swim Team, NCHSAA Championships, Special Olympics of North Carolina, the National Black Heritage Meet and many more.
Primary Responsibilities – Events
- Attract and schedule events / meets in conjunction with availability of TAC partners and programs;
- Coordinate with internal and external event clientele to maximize the guest and athlete experience and TAC profitability;
- Assist with facility setup and teardown, meet setup and results in accordance with host specifics – PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSITION REQUIRES A GREAT DEAL OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
- Manage all aspects of event invoicing, collection and reporting.
- Oversee TITANS Meet Director.
- Resolve any issues that arise during the course of the event, including incidents related to timing, results and meet services;
- Liaise with meet hosts, coaches, hospitality coordinators, media, external vendors, NC Swimming and other governance organizations related to events;
- Oversee Meet Director for Wake County High School swim meets and other external events held at TAC.
- Manage all aspects of TAC’s fundraising events.
- Manage meet vendors & commission payment collection for all TITANS hosted meets.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Preferred background in competitive swimming.
- Strong understanding of computer systems and network operations
- Ability to work some weeknights and weekends.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Hytek Meet Management software and/or high degree of computer experience;
- Comfortable with technology and basic Microsoft applications; web services a plus
- Confidence in a multi-task-oriented environment
- Passion for health, safety, recreation and / or competition, preferably in aquatics
- Highly organized and detailed oriented
- Demonstrated ability to be a strong leader and motivator
- Experienced management skills
- Excellent work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfortable working in a highly collaborative and dynamic growth oriented work environment
- Expected to work independently with good judgment and routine supervision
Education: Bachelor’s degree, Advanced degree a plus.
Experience: 1-3 years proven management experience
- Base Annual Salary range $32,000 – $35,000 to be reviewed at the start of each calendar year.
- 401(K) Retirement – Eligible after 6 months of service / TAC matches up 50% up to 4.0% of employee deferral.
- Group Insurance – Eligible for Group Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Other Benefits include Internal Programs Credit, Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay Please apply with resume and cover letter. Position is available now and we are looking for an immediate hire.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: 2200 South Kipling Street, Lakewood, CO, USA
with Foothills Swim Team
JOB DESCRIPTION: Assistant Coaching position with the Foothills Swim Team in Lakewood, Colorado Foothills Swim Team is actively seeking a 2 highly motivated and committed coaches to fill the role of Assistant Coach to begin immediately. Foothills Swim Team is a year-round competitive swimming program offering instruction, training, and competition for young people ages 5 and up. We have over 170 USA registered swimmers and practice at three locations: Carmody Recreation center (50 meters by 25 yards), Lilley Gulch recreation center (6-lane 25 Meter), and Ridge Recreation Center (10-lane 25 yards).
Qualifications: Minimum 1 + years prior coaching experience as a USA Swimming certified coach. o American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA) Level 1 or higher o Must be current on all USA Swimming Coach Membership requirements. o In good standing with all USA Swimming required safety and background check requirements.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Support the Head Coach in the implementation of team direction and goals with the
- age group swimmers and training groups.
- Support the age-appropriate swim programs for the swimmers within your assigned
- training group as defined by the head coach.
- Support the development of each swimmer within the FST membership so that they
- achieve to their highest potential.
- Support the meet schedules as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Attend all team functions by directive of the Head Coach.
- The ability to work with the entire coaching staff to build a uniform system.
- Passion and enthusiasm for competitive swimming and a “desire to excel” professionally.
Specific Group Responsibilities:
- Assist and coach any specific groups assigned.
- Help implement the seasonal plan with connection to the teams overall goals and
- Assist when needed with FST’s strength conditioning trainer to better the
- development of all swimmers.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Hourly pay commensurate with experience
- Full Mileage reimbursements
- Full Meal reimbursements
Location: 775 Talamini Road, Bridgewater Township, NJ, USA
with JCC Bridgewater Tide
Head Age Group Coach/Aquatics Supervisor
Tuesday – Saturday
The JCC Bridgewater Tide (BWTD), located in Bridgewater, NJ, is seeking a full-time swim coach and Aquatics Supervisor to be the primary coach for our Tidal Waves, Bronze, and Senior group programs. The Tidal Waves and Bronze groups are the base of our program, and it is a great opportunity to instruct new swimmers and to get them engaged in the sport. The Senior group is our second-highest level group and is full of high school swimmers looking to improve. The Head Age Group coach will also assist in tasks in the Aquatics Department, as well as oversee the Summer Pool Club.
BWTD is a swiftly growing and improving program, which has grown from less than 90 swimmers in 2017 to a maximum of 140 swimmers in the summer of 2019 with ability levels ranging from novice to AAA level swimmers. We are also New Jersey’s first and only SafeSport-recognized program. We have a close-knit, hardworking staff that is proud of our success, but are always looking to improve. We are looking for a coach who is willing to help us continue to grow our team, develop our younger swimmers, and is truly passionate about the sport.
Head Age Group Coach Job Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Being the lead coach for the Tidal Waves, Bronze, and Senior group practices.
- Designing season plans in accordance with the Head Coach.
- Assisting with other training groups as needed.
- Attending scheduled USA Swim meets.
- Working with the Head Coach to recruit new swimmers and schedule tryouts.
- Assisting the parent committee with tasks such as spirit wear orders, group socials, and the end of season banquets for both the short course season and Summer Tide.
- Performing Administrative tasks such as meet entries, weekly newsletters, updating the team website, etc.
- Assisting in JCC events throughout the year.
Aquatics Supervisor Job Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Friday, Saturday and Evening Supervisor of pools
- Supervising lifeguards
- Overseeing maintenance of pool including chemical, cleanliness
Summer Pool Club Director, Managing all aspects
- Scheduling and supervising guards
- Lifeguarding as needed
- Oversee chemicals, cleanliness, maintenance operation of outdoor pools
- Special events, theme days
- Customer service with members
Customer Service & Communication
- Handle difficult or emotional customer situations in calm and respectful manner
- Respond promptly to customer needs
- Ensure confidentiality and privacy of sensitive issues
- Maintain regular and frequent communication with supervisor to ensure constant lines of open communication
Overall JCC Duties
- Support the mission of the JCC
- Represent and promote JCC at community-wide events, programs, and open-houses, including those that fall on evenings and weekends throughout the year
- Work with members and clients of the JCC to ensure happiness and ease concerns
- Attend regular staff and program meetings
- Participation in training seminars and webinars, as assigned
- Works well in a team as well as independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Sense of humor, desire to have fun!
- Desired Qualifications
- Coaching membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
- ASCA Level 2 or similar coaching experience.
- Knowledge of Team Unify.
- Knowledge of Hy-Tek Team Manager.
- Knowledge of Meet Manager preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Ability to create a positive environment where all swimmers are inspired to improve and succeed.
- Willingness to maintain working knowledge of current swimming techniques and training methods.
- CPO Certification or willingness to obtain one within 60 days of being hired
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full-time benefits include subsidized health insurance, access to a dental plan, 401k, paid vacation and sick leave, and payment for USA and ASCA membership. We also provide opportunities for coach development, such as payment for ASCA courses, and traveling to coaches’ clinics.
Location: 5795 Lewiston Rd, Niagara Falls, NY, USA
with Niagara University
|Under general supervision the Assistant Swimming & Diving Coach assists the head coach in developing student athletes academically and athletically for the swimming program.|
|80% Provides teaching and instruction as well as individual team instruction for the fundamentals of swimming and developing skills; recruits potential student athletes for the swimming program. Follows and conforms to NCAA rules and regulations.
20% Provides guidance and advice to student athletes.
|REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:|
|The functions of the position usually performed standing, but may require some amount of time sitting, stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting, walking, running, carrying and other movements. Tasks involving working on a computer keyboard, computer software applications, involve extensive wrist and hand movement. This position requires traveling. All individuals are required to be able to perform these tasks without significant risk of injury to themselves or others.|
Location: 1140 Main Street, La Crosse, WI 54601, USA
with La Crosse Area Family YMCA
The La Crosse Area Family YMCA located in La Crosse, Wisconsin is currently seeking a Head Swim Team Coach for our competitive swim team consisting of 200+ swimmers. Candidate must be energetic, professional, organized, and have the ability to develop and grow participants, staff, volunteers and a parent committee. The Head Swim Team Coach will be responsible for all aspects of the team including recruitment, staffing, swimmer and coach development, budget management, fundraising, and website management. This is a full-time salaried position working 40+ hours per week (including nights for practices and weekends for meets) and includes a full benefits & relocation package along with a free family Y membership.
Bachelor’s degree in recreation, physical education, sports management or related field
- Lifeguard Certifications, CPR First Aid and AED
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Programming & supervisory experience is a plus
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and flexibility is a must