with MESSIAH COLLEGE
Assistant Swim Coach
The Department of Athletics at Messiah College currently has an opening for the position of Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swim Coach. This is a part time, 7 months of the year (September 10 – March 31) position. The Assistant Swim Coach is responsible for assisting with the Swimming program by performing coaching duties as directed by the Head Swim Coach. A Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred. Must have one year of coaching experience; one year of coaching experience in higher education and competitive college level swimming experience is preferred. A commitment to the mission and identify of Messiah College is required.
For more information and to apply, please see: http://jobs.messiah.edu/postings/11251
Messiah College is a Christian college of the liberal and applied arts and sciences and has a student body of over 2,800 undergraduate students including over 12.3% of under-represented and 4.0% international students from 29 countries and nearly 600 graduate students including 11.5% of students from under-represented populations.
The College is committed to an embracing evangelical spirit rooted in the Anabaptist, Pietist and Wesleyan traditions of the Christian Church. Our mission is to educate men and women toward maturity of intellect, character and Christian faith in preparation for lives of service, leadership and reconciliation in church and society.
Messiah College does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, disability, or veteran’s status in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs. Consistent with our nondiscrimination statement, the College does not tolerate abuse or harassment of employees, students or other individuals associated with the College. This includes, but is not limited to, vendors, contractors, and guests on the basis of, but not limited to, any of the above categories.
Part time Assistant Coaching Position. Assist head coach with Elite/Senior/Junior Elite training groups.
with High Tides Swim Club
High Tides Swim Club:Assistant Coach
Hutchinson Swim Club is seeking candidates for the position of Assistant Coach. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the sport of swimming and have experience as a competitive swimmer as well as some swim lesson instruction and/or coaching experience. He/She should be an energetic, compassionate teacher and motivator capable of developing age group swimmers into senior level competitors.
High Tides Swim Club (High Tides) located in Hutchinson MN, is a 41 year old non-profit organization promoting excellence in competitive swimming for Novice through National level athletes. Our program receives strong support from member families, the community, the city and local businesses. A fundamental working relationship with the Tigersharks High School Swim Teams fosters the success of both programs allowing our mutual athletes to thrive and has resulted in multiple State Championships. Carlson Pool, our home facility located in the Hutchinson Middle School, is a modern, eight lane short course pool with diving well and one of the largest deck surfaces in the LSC. The club has recently partnered with Team Unify as our website provider and we are committed to providing the facilities and equipment needed to ensure the success of our coaches and swimmers. Hutchinson is a Minnesota Star City with a population over 14,000 and is situated 45 minutes east of Minnetonka on State Highway 7.
– Assist Head Coach with design and implementation of customized training programs.
– Work with swimmers to perfect stroke techniques.
– Manage the on-deck coaching of assigned swim groups.
– Supervise swimmers at all scheduled practices and meets.
– Develop goals and track progress of supervised swimmers.
– Recommend movement of swimmers between group levels to Head Coach.
– Encourage participation in ALL home and selected away swim meets.
– Establish a positive environment that fosters athletes’ love for the sport of swimming.
– Engage and motivate swimmers to reach their maximum potential.
– Resolve conflicts in a professional, tactful manner.
– Cultivate collaborative relationships with Head Coach, parents, and HSC Board.
– Provide feedback to swimmers and families at the end of each season.
– Support the mission and philosophies of Hutchinson Swim Club.
– Conduct oneself in a professional manner in the pool and in the community.
– Coach at away meets as scheduled by Head Coach.
– Participate in club Swim-A-Thon, fundraisers, time trials and related activities.
– Contribute to Head Coach’s Report presented at monthly board meetings.
– Assist with awards presentations at annual banquet and summer picnic.
– Assist with entries for home and away swim meets.
– Track attendance of supervised swimmers with team laptop or I-Pod.
– Submit timely and accurate time-cards for hours worked.
Qualifications & Competencies:
High School Diploma – Required
BS/BA (or some college) – Desired
One year of previous Coaching – Preferred
Swim Lesson Instruction Experience – Preferred
Competitive Swimming Background – Preferred
First Aid Certification – (Required to be on deck)
Safety Training For Swim Coaches – Required
USA Swimming – Athlete Protection Training – Required (Can take after hiring)
ASCA Level 1 (preferred, but not Mandatory)
* Hutchinson Swim Club encourages continuing education for its coaches and will financially assist with certification expenses for coaches who make a commitment to our program.
* Successful completion of a Level 2 background investigation is required.
Assistant Coach opportunities with Hutchinson Swim Club are part-time positions. The hourly wage depending on experience and certifications held. Compensation for sessions coached at away meets and expense reimbursement is also offered.
* Fall/Winter/Spring practice hours are generally from 4:30-8:00pm
*Summer Practice hours are early morning and early afternoon, ending by 11:45am.
with Keene Family YMCA
The Keene Family YMCA is seeking an experienced Head Swim Team Coach for the 60 swimmer Keene YMCA Dolphins swim team.
YMCA: Keene Family YMCA
Location: Keene, NH
Successful applicants will have at least 3 years of coaching experience that demonstrates successful program development and management, character-driven leadership, excellent communication skills, and a personal commitment to the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. The Head Coach will be responsible for developing and supervising practices for all levels of swimmers; hiring, training, scheduling, and mentoring assistant coaches; and working closely with the parent committee on tasks such as recruiting and managing meet volunteers. Previous experience with Meet Manager and Team Unify software preferred as is a current lifeguard certification; familiarity with the Y-USA swim lesson curriculum; and USA Swimming and YMCA Swim Coach certifications. Expected start date is August 2017.
- Minimum of 3 years of aquatic experience as a competitive swimmer or aquatic instructor
- 1 year of competitive coaching
- Working knowledge of competitive aquatics
- Ability to positively lead, communicate, inspire and motivate swimmers of all ages
- Current valid driver’s license and access to personal vehicle
- Plan, organize, and develop the swim team program. Plan, attend, and direct team practices as scheduled.
- Ensure the safety of participants at all times.
- Manage and supervise assistant coaches to meet program and safety objectives.
- Maintain proper team records and file reports as needed.
- Attend all team meets and coordinate entry information to meet all deadlines.
- Relate to the individual swimmers on a personal basis at practice, at meets, and through goal setting.
- Relate to parents’ concerns through individual contact by appointment or phone calls.
- Initiate and maintain active communication concerning all aspects of the program with assistant coaches, swimmers, parents and necessary Y staff.
- Full time candidates may expect additional responsibilities such as participating in instructional swim programs or lifeguarding depending on areas of expertise.
- Other duties as assigned by the Aquatics Director.
- *YMCA of USA Principles of Competitive Swimming & Diving
- *Current American Red Cross or YMCA of the USA Lifeguard Certification
- *CPR for the Professional Rescuer for Lifeguards
- *Administering Emergency Oxygen
- *First Aid
- Child Sexual Abuse Prevention training
- Mandated Reporter training
*Required for coaching deck pass for district and national swim meets
Competitive pay rate, part-time and full-time options available.
with Olympian Swim Club
The Olympian Swim Club is seeking full-time assistant coaches to work for our team and support our swimmers.
These assistant coach positions include 6-8 weekly coaching sessions, attendance at swim meets, and administrative responsibilities. The successful candidates will report directly to the Head Coach of the Olympian Swim Club. The start date for these positions is September 1st, 2017.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Fundamentals coach certification is required (NCCP Swimming 101, Certified), NCCP level 2 certification is an asset.
- Previous swim coaching experience at the provincial level is required, national level experience is an asset.
- Hy-Tek (software) and Team Unify (website platform) proficiency are assets.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills are required.
- The supply of a satisfactory criminal records check and vulnerable sector check will be mandatory prior to employment being confirmed.
- Planning, implementing, and assessing a daily training program for junior high school and high school aged swimmers.
- Attending swim meets as designated by the Head Coach.
- Collaborating with the Head Coach to provide appropriate support to athletes including sports psychology sessions, strength and conditioning training, and meetings with physiology and nutrition staff.
- Attending all club functions as directed by the Head Coach including weekly full-time coaches’ meetings and monthly full staff meetings.
- Completing technical administrative tasks suited to the applicant’s skillset.
with Lemont Indians
Lemont High School District 210 in Lemont Illinois is seeking a Boys Swimming Head Coach
QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the sport. Experience playing and studying the sport preferred.
Must hold a current CPR certificate. Must possess leadership and excellent communication skills.
JOB SUMMARY: Instruct or coach groups or individuals in the fundamentals of the sport. Demonstrate techniques and methods
of participation. Adhere to the regulations and guidelines of the Illinois High School Association (IHSA) and conference by-laws.
with Piedmont Swim Team
Hours: Approx 3-5 hrs/day, Mon-Sat, includes poolside coaching & admin work
Swim Meets: one/month (in some cases, more than one)
Compensation: Very competitive (30-40K, plus benefits), determined by candidate’s qualifications & experience
Piedmont Swim Team is seeking a Senior Assistant Coach to work primarily with 12 and under age group swimmers to assist in planning, development and implementation of a comprehensive swim program. Candidate must be a highly energized and qualified team player who is motivated to advance swimmers and our program to the next level. He/She will report to the Head Coach, responsible for the daily operation of the Club.
The Senior Assistant Swim Coach’s’ responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist Head Coach in planning, development and implementation of a comprehensive competitive program aimed at athletes ages 12 and younger.
- Conduct 3-5 hours per day of on-deck coaching.
- Supervise and help train Assistant Coaches.
- Help maintain up-to-date performance reports on athletes.
- Track attendance of athletes daily.
- Incorporate goal setting into practice sessions.
- Help perform seasonal and yearly evaluations of swimmers.
- Assist Head Coach in planning of meet schedule.
- Attend all scheduled swim meets, meetings and team functions as required.
- Participate in mandatory continuing education and in-service training as required.
- Occasionally cover practices for Head and Assistant Coaches.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Head Coach, to aid in the efficient and safe operation of Team practices.
In addition to coaching and dryland training, opportunities include extra income through teaching private lessons and a pre-competitive swim program, and continuing professional development.
- Member in good standing with USA Swimming and current on all background checks and certifications
- 3+ years swim coaching experience
- Current ASCA Member (Level 2 or higher preferred)
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written)
- Proficient computer skills: Teamunify’s web/mobile platforms (MainSet, OnDeck, SwimOffice)
- Ability to work with swimmers of different ages and ability levels
- Strong technical background and teaching base
- Passionate about the sport of swimming
Visit PST website for additional team info: www.piedmontswimteam.org.
with Sandhills Sandsharks
Assistant Coach Position—Sandhills Sandsharks Swimming
The Sandhills Sandsharks Swim Team, located in the Pinehurst area of North Carolina, one hour south of Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill, is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Coach. The USA Swimming club is a small team established 30 years ago with approximately 100 athletes. SSS practices at the O’Neal School and has acquired land on which to build an additional facility. SSS hosts two Open Water meets each year, and is again hosting Open Water Zones for the second time in June, 2017.
There is room for leadership and advancement for the right candidate as the club grows to its next phase with the development of the new facility.
This position is primarily an on-deck position. With time and experience, the candidate can advance to a position of greater responsibility within the team.
- Assist Head Coach with Senior Squad and Senior Prep 5-6 days a week. Adhere to SSS’s philosophy of developing leadership and long term goals.
- Assist Age Group coach with Age Group practices, with potential to assume leadership of the Age Group squad.
- Possess a positive, encouraging and energetic attitude towards all swimmers.
- Possess the strong communication skills required for working with parents, swimmers, the Sandsharks Board, and others involved with the team.
- Attend meets.
- Coaching experience at age group level (volunteer work included)
- Interest in pursuing USA Swimming coaching as a career
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year accredited institution
- Clean driving record, background check and USA Coaching certification (or willingness to get certification within 30 days of employment.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Professional education opportunities
Application: Please email resume and a cover letter detailing your background, philosophy and strengths, and goals, along with three references to [email protected] Start date of Sept 1.
with Susquehanna University
As a living, learning and working community, Susquehanna University affirms its commitment to being an engaged, culturally inclusive campus. As we seek to embody the rich diversity of the human community, we commit ourselves to the full participation of persons who represent the breadth of human difference. The university encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Susquehanna University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Susquehanna University is a national liberal arts college committed to excellence in educating undergraduate students for productive lives of achievement, leadership and service in a diverse and interconnected world. Its more than 2,100 undergraduates come from 35 states and 22 countries, and all students study away through Susquehanna’s unique Global Opportunities program. Susquehanna University’s 325 acre campus, noted for its beauty, is located in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, 50 miles north of Harrisburg in the scenic Susquehanna River Valley, about a three hour drive from Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and New York City. For more information, please visit https://www.susqu.edu.
The Aquatics Coordinator will be responsible for the overall operations of the natatorium and programming of it; to include planning, development, administration, growth, evaluation and supervision of all Aquatics programs along with the on-going operation and maintenance of pool. This position will recruit, train, schedule and supervise staff necessary to achieve success programmatically and operationally. Will be responsible to create and manage aquatic program plans including marketing, budget and staff requirements. Will lead the preparation and manage the operation and maintenance of pool. Flexible work shifts required including evenings, weekends, mornings and holidays as needed.
Knowledge of pool mechanics and chemicals; equipment and facility management; Skilled at customer service and its relationship to membership development; knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; Ability to effectively communicate.
Will be required to work varied hours including evenings, weekends, mornings and holidays. Requires bending, pushing/pulling, stooping, kneeling, lifting up to fifty (50) pounds, and climbing. High level of staff and guest interaction and communication with all ages and diverse populations. Must possess physical stamina to respond effectively to emergency situations and work in a noisy, sometime hot, distracting and stressful environment. Must be able to operate various swimming pool mechanical and chemical equipment.
Development and execution of programs in the area of Aquatics; such as, but not limited to: swim lessons, water aerobics, and lifeguarding classes.
Oversee daily operation and implementation of all aquatic programs by staff to members to assure quality service and programming.
Regulate the daily, weekly, monthly and yearly maintenance and operation of pool.
Maintain pool logs, pool updates and incident reports.
Recruit, hire, train, evaluate, and recognize year-round and seasonal staff as necessary to ensure quality program delivery and proper equipment maintenance.
Manage staff certifications and create development plans for ensuring availability of staff.
Manage lifeguard schedule. Must be able to fill in for open and or uncovered shifts as needed.
Ensure safety at all times and prevent injuries by supervising aquatics area and implementing best practices.
Ensure program quality and monitor staff performance and member service.
Bachelor’s degree required. Certified lifeguard required.
1-2 years related experience required.
Management experience in area of aquatics and experience teaching swim lessons preferred.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
This is a part-time, 1 year appointment
with Memphis Tiger Swimming
******THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED*********
This position is responsible for ensuring the overall viability of the club, and reports to Memphis Tiger Swimming (MTS) Board of Directors. This position also serves as the primary coach for the Senior Group and provides oversight for all programs and staff.
- Responsible for all levels of swimming in MTS program
- Direct coaching duties for Senior Group
- Ensure self-sustaining and growing developmental and age group base within the organization
- Design or oversee training plans for all training groups
- Oversee seasonal progression of athletes and monitor phases of development of individual swimmers.
- Set workout schedules, workout groups, and criteria for advancement from group to group for the entire program
- Plan each season’s meet and travel schedule consistent with the needs of the team, individual training groups, and athletes.
- Responsible for “Team Travel” arrangements.
- Assign necessary staff for all scheduled swim meets and practices
- Facilitate individual age appropriate goal setting process with all swimmers.
- Establish a safe environment that fosters positive team attitudes, encourages self-discipline, sportsmanship, and responsibility.
- Facilitate progress toward USA Swimming Club Recognition and Club Excellence Goals.
- Recruit and retain coaching staff within budget determined by the Board of Directors.
- Plan and direct staff meetings.
- Provide annual staff development goals, and set training calendar to ensure progression by all coaching staff.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate placement of staff within club programs and for educating, supervising, and mentoring all staff members.
- Ensure healthy coach/athlete relationships.
- Provide formal written performance appraisals for staff on an annual basis that highlight both individual strengths and development opportunities; provide copies to Board of Directors.
- Facilitate beginning of season registration process with Parent Operating Committee.
- Administer and enforce team policies and procedures with general membership and coaching staff.
- Be a contributing presence within Southeastern LSC.
- Oversee MTS website, disbursement of meet information, posting of meet results, meet publicity, team travel information, team records and team roster.
- Maintain daily attendance for all training groups.
- Assist in marketing and fundraising efforts of MTS
Pay commensurate with experience and accepted responsibilities
with Bakersfield Aquatics Club
Bakersfield Aquatics Club is seeking a coach for our Senior Elite group beginning August 2017. Coaching hours would include 4:15-6:45 Monday-Thursday on deck during the school year with 3 morning practices (TBD), and Saturdays 9-11am. Optional additional time for dryland. Minimum of two out of town (expenses paid) swim meets per month. Must be open to and qualified for driving and chaperoning team travel meets.
Qualifications: Coaching experience and/or competitive swimming experience at the club and/or collegiate level; USA Swimming certified coach include safety training and background check (or ability to do so right away); stroke technique oriented and fit into team philosophy; desire to grow and develop with the team; ability to work well with other coaches on-deck. Opportunity for personal growth through club funded clinics and training.
Bakersfield Aquatics is a small competitive aquatics program located in Bakersfield, CA, that teaches and trains all levels of swimmers, emphasizing individual progress, team unity, family participation, and competition at the highest individual level. Compensation based on experience. Please send cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected]
with Owensboro Marlins
- USA Swimming Certifications
- Previous coaching experience with a demonstrated ability to develop skills and training of all levels of swimmers.
- Energetic and positive motivator with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- A self-starter with mature judgment, reliability, respectful and ethical behavior.
- Responsible for seasonal training program and development of all swimmers.
- Promote a safe, inviting and positive environment for swimmers, parents, and other coaches.
- Directly coach at least one age group (preferably high school aged swimmers).
- Supervision and guidance of assistant coaches.
- Attendance at meets, board meetings, team/parent meetings, fundraising activities, and LSC events.
- This position is responsible to the Board of Directors.
Pay commensurate with experience and accepted responsibilities. Bonus opportunities also are available. Travel, professional certification and continuing education costs are covered by the team. Moving and relocation allowance offered.
with Swim Streamline at Northampton
Swim Streamline at Northampton (SSAN), located in Spring, TX in North Houston, is looking for assistant coaches who are energetic, knowledgeable, ethical, and able to communicate with parents, fellow coaches and swimmers of all ages. Candidates must be able to work as part of a coaching team and with one or more groups in the age-group and/or senior programs.
SSAN was founded in 2009 and has had a lot of success from beginner to elite levels! Swim Streamline has experienced 100% growth increase over the last 4 years to reach 300 swimmers. SSAN is a coach owned program. All team decisions are based on the continued focus of Building the base through dedication, excellence, and tradition. We primarily swim at Northampton Pools, but also swim indoors at Klein Oak High School, and additional outdoor & indoor 50m pools during long course season.
- 2+ years USA Swimming coaching experience preferred
- A strong understanding of swim stroke mechanics and the ability to communicate with the children.
- Ability to adapt training to each individual’s needs while building the group as a whole.
- Energetic and positive motivator with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- ASCA Certification
- Current USA Swimming credentials or ability to obtain them quickly
- Experience with Team Unify
- Competitive swim experience
- Writing daily workouts for your group(s)
- Attending meets as scheduled by the Head Coach. Averages 1 per month.
- Entering your swimmers in desired events for swim meets.
- Attend staff meetings and other events as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Keep accurate records for groups including attendance and communicating with the group.
- Opportunities for growth with this position
Pay will depend on experience and responsibilities. While this is a part-time position, there is potential for other revenue sources. This is an hourly position with a competitive wage for the right candidate. The ideal starting date for this position is August 15, but is negotiable. Our groups’ swim M-F in the evening 4:00-8:00 pm, and some Saturday’s, the coach would need to be available during this time period depending on the group(s) assigned.
with Spokane Waves Aquatic Team
Senior Head Coach
Spokane Waves Aquatic Team
Listed July 12, 2017
The Spokane Waves Aquatic Team (SWAT), (www.spokanewaves.org) of Spokane, Washington (USA) is seeking a dynamic, motivated, skilled Head Coach for its year-round competitive swim program.
We are seeking a level ASCA level 4 or higher Head Coach for our competitive swim club, but may consider the right candidate with a lower ranking. SWAT is a competitive swim team with a 25-year history. The team has swimmers from beginning level age group athletes to Nationally Ranked Olympic Trial Qualifiers. Our alumni have gone on to swim and study at top ranked universities including UCLA, Seattle University and University of Idaho. The team trains at four locations around Spokane; primary year-round locations being Whitworth University (25-yard, 6-lane pool), Eastern Washington University (25m, 8-lane pool) and the north Spokane Fitness Center (25y, 4-lane pool). During the summer long course season, training is held in the Spokane City 50-meter, 8 lane Witter pool located in central Spokane. SWAT is a nonprofit 501c3 organization under the direction of a parent volunteer board of directors elected annually by the membership and the head coach.
SWAT currently has 179 swimmers in five progressing training groups: Ripples, Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Seniors who train year-round with a staff of 9 certified coaches. Our Head Assistant Coach was named to the 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 National Junior coaches list. The team hosts three short course meets each year, each with approximately 300 participants.
Located in the heart of the Inland Northwest, Spokane is the second most populous city in Washington offering easy access to local semi-pro sports teams, cultural events, and universities. The median household income is approximately $45,000 and home values average $170,000. The Spokane River runs through the city and beautiful Riverfront Park in downtown Spokane and the Centennial Trail meanders along the river for over 20 miles. Spokane’s proximity to numerous lakes, rivers, mountains, and ski resorts offers many great four-season recreational opportunities. Spokane has been selected as an All-America City three times in the past 41 years, including in 2015 when it was one of 10 honored throughout the country. The city hosts many great community events, festivals and gatherings, and is home to the Lilac Bloomsday Run, the largest timed road race in the nation, and the largest three-on-three street basketball tournament called Hoopfest. Please check out the links below for additional information:
The individual selected for this full-time position needs to be experienced in the day to day operation of a larger swim club, self-motivated and organized including:
- Responsible for the day-to-day direction, hands-on guidance, and involvement in all aspects of the swim program, including, but not limited to, exceptional communication skills with parents, swimmers, Board Members and coaching staff.
- Be a member in good standing in USA swimming.
- Be involved in setting Club policy, developing and implementing an overall vision and progression for the Club.
- Be instrumental in developing policies to benefit the overall welfare and development of the Club.
- Must execute Club policy as it pertains to the events, administrative functions assigned, or structural make-up of the Club.
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills
- Experience in developing swimmers from entry level age group swimmers to Junior National/U.S. Trials
- ASCA Level 4 Certification, skills equivalent
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written)
- Bachelor’s degree desired
- Member in good standing with USA Swimming and current on all background checks and certifications
- Proficient computer skills (Team Unify, Team Manager, Meet Manager, Office)
- Basic financial skill set (P&L statements, budget process)
- Experience in mentoring/developing subordinate coaches
1) Active involvement in the recruitment, development and progression of swimmers at all levels of our
2) Primary coach for Senior level group.
3) Determine the assignment of swimmers to training groups, to include assessments and approval of
4) Design and oversee the implementation of the seasonal training plans for all groups.
5) Develop and/or ensure workouts are appropriate for the age group, including dryland training and
regular stroke/technique clinics.
6) Develop long-term team/group goals and swim programs to meet these goals including seasonal and
weekly training programs.
7) Work with swimmers to determine appropriate individual goals and develop tailored training to meet
8) Foster team spirit by exhibiting and maintaining a positive attitude and team building.
9) Endorse SWAT’s focus on helping kids learn skills such as discipline, goal setting, time management
and healthy habits that will benefit them throughout life.
- Develop season meet schedule (SCY and LCM).
- Ensure all swim meets have adequate coaching coverage for all swimmers participating.
- Prepare meet entries in accordance with meet calendar and entry procedure for each meet.
- In the event of a travel meet, head coach will work with the assigned group coach to create the itinerary and select transportation and lodging within the Board established budget/policy guidelines.
- Assist in planning the team travel budget, as needed.
- Attend all monthly Board of Director Meetings.
- Lead monthly meetings with coaches to ensure they are meeting coaching goals and standards established by the head coach.
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely manner, including but not limited to, attendance, job reviews, and monthly coach’s report to the Board; presently in the form of a consent agenda.
- Complete and file all forms required by the Inland Empire LSC and USA Swimming including swimmer, non-athlete and team registration.
- Manage and submit team entries for all meets.
- Maintain current coach’s credentials as required by USA Swimming.
- Along with the Board of Directors, work with local city and business entities to ensure consistent
swim schedule and pool/facility availability.
- Communicate to the Board of Directors any issues concerning schedules, facilities or contracts.
- Actively support team fundraising activities.
- Assist the Board of Directors with the development and implementation of the annual budget, propose annual items to be considered for the budget and conduct Club activities in accordance with the parameters of the budget.
- Represent SWAT through active involvement in the Inland Empire LSC.
- Responsible for coordinating and scheduling the continuing education for the Head and Assistant Coaches.
- Will conduct him/herself in a professional manner always and in accordance with team and USA Swimming Code of Conduct
- Recruit and retain coaching staff within budget determined by the Board; termination requiring Board review.
- Develop training plan for all coaches, including the development of goals, evaluations, and monthly staff meetings.
- Ensure assistant coaches are fulfilling their responsibilities as assigned.
- Communicate effectively to team members with weekly emails/newsletter/website
- Maintain weekly working hours off the deck/outside of the pool
- Be exceptional in the application of positive, consistent, and effective motivation strategies when working with swimmers, parents, and coaching staff in relation to all aspects of the program.
The team will be offering a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications. The anticipated salary range for the head coach will be starting at $45,000 to $55,000 depending upon the skill set and qualifications of the candidate. The final salary amount, bonus incentives, and any other financial support are yet to be determined. Spokane’s cost of living is lower than most metropolitan areas of the country and Washington has no state income tax.
with City of Seattle, Parks and Recreation
Seattle Parks & Recreation is recruiting an Aquatics Manager with experience operating public aquatic facilities; swimming pools, swimming beaches and small craft facilities. There are two main recruiting objectives for this position – the Department is looking for someone who will maintain a focus on the safe operations of our aquatic facilities while ensuring the safety for participants and user. Equally important, we are recruiting someone with ability to increase and expand the diverse participation and usership of aquatic programs and facilities.
Main Functions: The position reports to the Recreation Division Director, the Aquatics Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and supervising 14 direct reports and 2 seasonal staff who operate public swimming pools and small craft centers. The Aquatics Manager is indirectly responsible for 72 full- time year-round staff and as many as 400 summer lifeguards and temporary intermittent staff. The annual budget for these operations is roughly $10 million. This position manages 8 indoor pools, 2 outdoor pools, 25 wading pools, 11 spray parks, 2 Rowing and Sailing Centers, 7 boat ramps and 9 lifeguarded summer beaches.
The Aquatics Manager will be responsible to manage day to day operations while developing strategies to increase the use of our public pools and aquatic programs for underserved communities; immigrant/refugees, and people from diverse backgrounds.
The position manages daily operations at all aquatics facilities, and ensure that all safety, health, and maintenance protocols are consistently enforced. Manages and supervises subordinate supervisor with total direct and indirect supervision of approximately 500 employees. Recruiting, hiring, training, leading and evaluating a staff of aquatics coordinators, lifeguards and others that operate year-round aquatic facilities with expansion to add additional seasonal programs. The position manages a staff of approximately 200 employees, year-round and an additional 300+ people in the summertime. Monitors performance, evaluates and manages performance expectations. Manages expense budget of about $10M with delegated authority to exercise substantial discretion in allocating financial resources, including budget adjustments, dealing with multiple fund sources and complying with fund source requirements (grants). Manages all revenue streams, including collection, accounting, and routing of funds for recreation programs, facility rentals, contractual relationships, and merchandise sales; maintains accountability for all reports, reconciliations, and expenditures. Plans, develops, creates, implements and evaluates significant programs to achieve broad objectives; defines measurements; Utilizes and applies “best practices” and national standards in risk management decision making. Develop and implement strategies to build a diverse workforce, deliver aquatic programs and services consistent with the City’s Race & Social Justice Initiative. The position serves as the Department subject-matter expert on aquatic facilities and programs, especially identifying issues before they become larger problems that could potentially impair the Department ability to operate safely and effectively. This position develops and recommends solutions to problems through a keen understanding of industry requirements and operating standards for public aquatic facilities; health department rules, required training and certifications for pool staff, understanding of operations related to wading pools, outdoor swimming beaches business practices and industry standards to ensure the safety for users and participants. Understands programmatic needs of swimming and boating activities. Ensures all aspects of aquatics operations are in compliance with all Washington State Health Department regulations, policies and industry best-practices; ensures all pools have adequate equipment and supplies, and that all procurement is compliant with and City policies. Serves as a key contributor involving aquatic facilities, and capital projects. Proactive identification of routine maintenance needs and capital improvement requirements. Works as part of a team to develop preventative maintenance closure plans. Has some knowledge of pool chemistry and mechanical systems; has technical knowledge of the needs of swimming beaches, boat ramps, small craft centers, and other aquatic program areas. Manages and promotes external relationships/partnerships. Represents the organization at external meetings and committees throughout the city, as needed; and performing related duties as required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Business Administration, Public Administration, Leisure Services or related field or four years of equivalent experience and/or education and/or training which provides an equivalent background to perform the work.
- Five years of full-time recreation work with increasing responsibility for planning, coordinating, and implementing a variety of aquatics and/or recreation programs. At least three (3) years of this experience must have been in a management role with experience in business and large budget operations, project management, people management or human resources.
Licenses and Certifications: A current, valid driver’s license or evidence of equivalent mobility. Applicants must have a good driving record as demonstrated by a complete driving abstract. A Washington State Driver’s license will be required within 30 days of employment. Current American Red Cross First Aid and CPR will be required within 30 days of employment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles, methods, techniques and practices of contemporary, urban, public recreation programming and administration
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in motivation techniques and delegation skills
- Knowledge of facility maintenance operations and planning
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a variety of settings (e.g. public meetings, Commission meetings, with the media, staff reports, major studies, etc.)
- Ability to manage and direct a professional staff by ensuring the quality and efficiency of work, the understanding of their responsibilities and the resolution of their questions
- Ability to effectively communicate with the public, answer questions, and resolve problems
- Ability to quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing information and/or technology
- Ability to work in an urban environment with people from a broad range of cultural backgrounds; experience with diversity including, but not limited to economic, ethnic, age, and gender
- Competent with computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; operational knowledge of recreation registration software
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects and assignments under time constraints and changing priorities
- Able to demonstrate excellent internal and external customer service through verbal, written and electronic communications
- Ability to research, develop and obtain grant funding and to complete a process of tracking and reporting of results and outcomes
- Proficient spoken and written English; ability to speak a second language a plus!
- Specialized training in areas of aquatic management or operation including Better Beaches, Certified Pool Operator, NRPA Aquatic Facility Technical Training, Risk Management Schools, Budget and Finance
- Washington State Boater Safety certification.
- Red Cross certifications related to water recreation and water safety.
- Certified Park and Recreation Professional Certification
- Certified Park and Recreation Executive Certification
with Stingray Swim Team
We are looking for Part-Time Assistant coaches at our Three locations around the Fredericksburg area.
Coaches would be expected at evening practices between 4 and 8pm in the evenings during the week, but the schedule is flexible. Perfect as a second job or a job while going to school.
High School diploma or equivalent
Must be able to pass a Background Check
Must be able to complete all of the requirement of USA Swimming (CPR, Life Guarding, Athlete Protection etc.)