Date posted: April 8, 2021
Location: 5050 Ridgedale Pkwy, North Chesterfield, VA, USA
The Seasonal Operations Coordinator position exists as a facility and safety leader of daily operations within the Operations Department at SwimRVA. The position is intended to oversee and facilitate a team of professional rescuers, facility and patron safety, general facility maintenance, and as site supervisor. The Seasonal Operations Coordinator is a part-time, seasonal position with varying shift times to include morning, evening, weekend and event shifts, as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure safety of all patrons, guests and employees through the facility by properly managing and training the professional rescuer team.
• Maintain awareness of facility safety issues and remedy (or delegate remedy) in priority order.
• Evaluate patron safety on a continuous basis to make staff and equipment adjustments as necessary.
• Maintain efficiency of facility schedule and coordinate pool space and facility flow with all facility users.
• Supervise team of professional rescuers to ensure that all daily and weekly duties are satisfactorily performed.
• Manage and participate in professional rescuer rotation and assignment of professional rescuer surveillance stations.
• Assist in conducting on-board and in-service training of employees on a daily basis.
• Assist in enforcing employment rules and policies and document discipline.
• Monitor patrons and groups to make sure they are using the appropriate space.
• Oversee facility formatting and proper lane space for various groups.
Acting Duty Officer
• Manage SwimRVA execution of COVID-19 policies as outlined in the SwimRVA Reopening Guide.
• Monitor and adjust safety strategies as needed to ensure the well-being of all guests and employees.
• Address any violations of SwimRVA’s safety operations.
• Organize and conduct routine disinfections.
• Inspect and carry out regular maintenance that will include, but is not limited to, scrubbing, scraping, cleaning concrete, walls, windows and toilets/urinals.
• Regular operational checks of pool pumps, filters, strainers and chemical injectors and maintain as needed.
• Daily monitoring of systems (pool equipment, lighting, plumbing, etc)
• Perform or delegate bi-hourly chemistry checks on all pools and adjust controllers as needed.
• Perform daily full chemistry and equipment checks and manually adjust levels as needed.
• Change and clean circulation pump strainers.
• Cleaning and maintaining all metal, plastic, vinyl and tile components of all pools.
• Keep accurate logs and records of daily and weekly duties, daily and bi-hourly chemistry checks, and daily shift reports.
• Create and verify accurate incident and rescue reports.
• Act as Manager on Duty.
• Setup, breakdown, and clean for events.
• Perform varying porter duties during swim meets that include, but are not limited to, refilling toilet paper, cleaning bathrooms and unclogging drains, collecting and removing trash.
• Lead staff in daily facility format changes to accommodate facility needs and schedule.
Some of the conditions will be in auxiliary areas of the building that include pool pump rooms, chemical storage rooms, electrical rooms, and storage areas. The Seasonal Operations Coordinator should be comfortable working in a variety of locations and be able to safely climb and descend ladders as part of a normal work day.
The Seasonal Operations Coordinator may need to lift 50 lbs. without assistance and up to 100 lbs. as a team with the use of equipment. This includes the ability to move, lift, carry or push heavy objects on a regular basis. This position also includes standing for long periods of time, repetitive tasks with limited breaks.
• American Red Cross Lifeguarding with CPR/AED and Emergency Oxygen required.
• Current American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor (LGI) is a plus
• Training available to qualified candidates
The Seasonal Operations Coordinator will directly supervise all professional rescuers (Lifeguards) and will work alongside the Director/ Assistant Director of Operations and Operations Manager.
Date posted: April 7, 2021
Location: 1100 Henderson Street, Arkadelphia, AR, USA
with Henderson State University
Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the Head Swimming and Diving Coach is responsible for directing all facets of an NCAA Division II women’s and men’s program including, but not limited to: the recruitment, training and development of quality student athletes, organization and planning of all practices, meet preparation and coaching, budget and scholarship management, program fundraising activities and monitoring the academic progress of student athletes. The selected candidate must also follow all university policies and procedures in addition to rules and bylaws of the NCAA and the NSISC. The program staff includes a full time assistant coach, a part-time aquatics/operations assistant and a graduate assistant.
Date posted: April 6, 2021
Location: Juanita High School, Northeast 132nd Street, Kirkland, WA, USA
with WAVE Aquatics
Assistant Senior Coach with the expectation for Lead Coach in the Fall
WAVE Aquatics Mission:
To create an environment where excellence is expected every day.
WAVE Aquatics (https://www.teamunify.com/team/wave/page/home) was formed in 1987 when Northshore, Redmond, and Totem Lake swim teams merged in order to provide more opportunity and a stronger foundation for swimmers in the Lake Washington and Northshore school district areas.
The team has grown in scope since its inception and is now a non-profit organization that:
- Operates a competitive swim team for kids age 5 and up with 240 plus athletes on the team.
- WAVE has had athletes qualify for Olympic Trials within the last 9 years, regularly has athletes at Futures and SR Sectionals.
- Operates a masters (adult) swim team and adult triathlon training group
- Manages the Juanita Aquatic Center on behalf of the Lake Washington School District
- Manages the Redmond Aquatic Center on behalf of the City of Redmond
- Offers a terrific learn to swim program at both the Juanita and Redmond Aquatic Centers
Wave Aquatics is led by the coaching staff and the Executive Board of Directors. We are affiliated with USA Swimming (USA-S) Pacific Northwest Swimming (PNS) and the Greater Seattle Swimming Association (GSSA).
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Wave Aquatics Swim Team is looking for a Senior coach to work with the Head Coaches and other Senior Coaches to develop structure and direction of the senior program, including training blocks, team building, and dryland. WAVE currently has 60-70 athletes in our Senior Program. The Senior Coach position will be hired as an assistant working with both Coaches in our National Level Group and our Senior 1 Group, with the expectation to move to a lead position in the Fall. The Senior Coach reports directly to the Head Coach of WAVE Aquatics. The ideal candidate is interested in empowering athletes to take ownership of their success in and out of the pool.
Other job responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Oversee the development of a diverse and competitive Senior Program in coordination with the rest of the coaching staff.
- Support a healthy learning environment where swimmers and coaches of different background can excel.
- Enhance the team-first culture among swimmers, parents, and staff
- Assist in staff enhancement to support the team’s mission to expect excellence daily.
- Attend swim team events including meets (1-2 per month), team building events, coach/staff meetings, and fundraising events.
- Continue to find avenues to grow/learn as a coach and leader.
- Establish and support healthy relations with swim team parents in accordance of the WAVE Way.
- Maintain all coach and safety certifications
- Administrative work assigned from the Head Coach
Qualifications & Preferences:
Candidates of diverse identities and backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply
- Demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Excellent communication skills with coaching staff, parents, and athletes
- Preferred minimum 3 years coaching experience
- Administrative experience is a plus but not required
- Member in good standing with current LSC & USA Swimming
- USA Swimming Deck Pass credentials
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred, not required)
Date posted: April 5, 2021
Location: 2180 Milvia Street, Berkeley, CA, USA
with City of Berkeley
The City of Berkeley is excited to share the recruitment for Aquatics Facilities Supervisor. This classification is responsible for the planning, organizing, directing, supervising, and participating in the operations and maintenance of one or more swimming pools and adjacent facilities. The Aquatics Facilities Supervisor is distinguished from the Aquatics Coordinator position in that the latter has overall supervisory responsibility for City aquatics centers and aquatics programs. The City of Berkeley is seeking applications from highly skilled individuals with recreational or educational program experience related to pool management, swim instruction, life guarding, or coaching. The incumbent assists in the planning and implementation of aquatics programs, maintains records, and enforces safe pool practices.
Successful applicants will have the ability to:
- Ensure that City aquatics facilities are in compliance with local, state, and federal health and safety codes and regulatory law;
- Maintain order and exercise crowd control when warranted;
- Complete regular pool maintenance: testing of pool water, balancing chemicals in pools, maintaining records, conducting pool deck maintenance, monitoring functioning of equipment such as chemical feed and filtration systems;
- Identify the need for and coordinate the maintenance, repair or replacement of pool equipment and facilities;
- Ensure the proper opening and closing of aquatics facilities;
- Assist in the planning, supervision and evaluation of all aquatics programs, including special events, drop-in programs, shower program, and swim instruction programs;
- Recruit, train, supervise, and provide constructive feedback for staff and volunteers; coordinate assignments, orient staff on procedures and policies; prepare and conduct in-service training programs;
- Report critical maintenance issues raised by staff, volunteers, or the public and document any actions taken to resolve the issues;
- Ensure the accuracy of staff time cards;
- May serve as a lifeguard, coach, or instructor of any and all aquatics or water-safety programs including assistance with registration, cashiering, and locker room responsibilities;
- Monitor supply needs and order necessary supplies, materials, and equipment and set up aquatics facility rentals; and
- Perform related duties as required.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Equivalent to graduation from high school
• Three (3) summers/seasons or 600 working hours in an organized recreational or educational
program related to swimming pool management, swim instruction, lifeguarding, or coaching.
Previous staff supervisory experience is desirable. Water Safety Instructor certification is desirable.
• Must be able to travel to various locations within and outside the City of Berkeley to meet the
program needs and to fulfill the job responsibilities. When driving on City business, maintenance of
a valid California driver’s license and satisfactory driving record is required.
• Possession of a current American Red Cross Lifeguard/First Aid certificate.
• Possession of a current American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certificate.
• Possession of a Certified Pool Operator certificate by date of appointment.
Date posted: April 5, 2021
Location: 775 W End Blvd, Winston-Salem, NC, USA
with YMCA of NWNC RipTYDE
YMCA of NWNC (RipTYDE)
TYDE AGE-GROUP DEVELOPMENTAL COACH
This Part-Time (28 hours a week) position will report to the Director of Competitive Swimming & Head Coach and will be a key part of the TYDE Leadership Team. In accordance with the Association’s and Branch’s policies and procedures, the Lead Development Coach will assist both the Head Swim Coach and Head Age Group Coach in providing direct leadership, planning, instruction, and motivation for our development team members (Prep and Bronze groups) with the overall objective in strengthening our TYDE community.
Some key responsibilities of this position will be to develop and lead select Prep Academy and Bronze group practices, assist in recruiting new swimmers, working with the Head Coach in Prep and Bronze program development and assisting with the organization of Prep and TYDE hosted swim meets.
Schedule will vary based on practice and meet schedules. Evening and weekend availability is required in order to coach practices and support athletes at swim meets. Age-Group Developmental Coach will also be required to participate in TYDE’s weekly staff meeting and strategic planning when necessary.
- A passion for swimming with a minimum of three (3) years experience coaching age group (7-12) competitive swimmers while creating leaders in and out of the pool. YMCA experience preferred. A bachelor’s degree is desirable.
- All YMCA coaches who work with competitive swimmers must maintain current certifications in the following: Lifeguarding, Safety Training for Swim Coaches (including in-water), CPR, First Aid, and Y Principles of Competitive Swimming and Diving and YMCA Legally Required Training or have ability to obtain within 60 days.
- All coaches must also maintain active membership with USA swimming and appropriate certifications to include: Background Check, APT, Foundations 101 & 201, USAS Rules & Regs or have ability to obtain within 60 days. ASCA membership is a plus.
- Experience with HyTek Team Manager, Meet Manager, Team Unify and Microsoft Office, Google Applications are a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate with people in a positive but firm manner and possess mature judgment, sound decision-making, and be a team player capable of developing and maintaining harmonious relationships with all participants, staff, and the general public.
- Has an attitude of continual personal and professional development.
- Is innovative in approach and is able to maintain knowledge of the latest research and developments in swimming and swim coaching.
- Has high personal and professional ethical standards.
- Must present an appearance and an image consistent with the YMCA.
- Directly coaches Prep and Bronze groups. Location will be TBD.
- Attends swim meets as directed by the Head Coach.
- Enforces attendance and discipline policies for Prep and Bronze level swimmers when appropriate.
- Maintain a focus on technique, skill development while promoting the enjoyment of swimming
- Prepare practices on a weekly basis based on phase of training and swimmer’s needs/abilities.
- Coordinate training methodologies, drills and practice group goals with Head Coach and Head Age Group Coach.
- Oversee management of Prep Academy and Bronze level programs to ensure there is a smooth transition and progression between groups.
- Serve as liaison with Aquatics Directors to ensure a smooth transition between YMCA offered swim lessons and TYDE’s Prep program.
- Be the primary coordinator of TYDE Prep hosted swim meets, including planning, organization and preparation.
- Attend and participate in all pertinent meetings (team, LSC, etc.).
- Help determine swimmers’ events for meet entries.
- Assist in providing educational information to parents.
- Attend activities and events as determined by Head Coach.
- Perform all other tasks and responsibilities as directed by Head Coach.
Date posted: April 2, 2021
Location: Bluefield, WV, USA
with Bluefield State College
POSITION TITLE: Head Coach – Men’s and Women’s Swimming
POSITION CLASSIFICATION/COMPENSATION: This position is Nonclassified, Full-time, carries an Exempt status under the Fair Labor Standards Act, and serves at the will and pleasure of the President. Actual compensation will be commensurate with specific qualifications and experience related to the position. Position is contingent upon available federal grant funding.
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the Head Coach – Men’s and Women’s Swimming is responsible for providing leadership to develop student athletes and implement a strong, competitive athletic program in their assigned sport while promoting academic progress of student athletes to achieve graduation. The Head Coach is accountable for student athlete recruitment and development, fiscal integrity, fundraising, and for positively contributing to the goals and objectives of the assigned athletic program, the Athletic Department, and the College.
- Teach sports-specific skills toward the development of student-athletic performance, while promoting academic success of student athletes to enhance academic progress and graduation rates.
- Provide leadership for the assigned sports program that adheres to the highest standard of integrity and professionalism, developing and delivering a high quality experience to the student athletes, while promoting excellence of the specific program and the College at all times.
- Foster an environment that promotes the academic success, health, and welfare of student athletes in the assigned program, working collaboratively with administrative offices as may be appropriate. Monitor the academic progress of student-athletes.
- Ensure assigned staff are equipped with the knowledge, preparation and objectives to meet and/or exceed the program and departmental goals. Conduct performance management and provide professional development opportunities for assigned staff.
- Confirm assigned staff, including self, maintains required certifications and necessary training in life saving techniques to promote safety of student athletes.
- Ensure compliance with all NCAA, USCAA, and College rules and regulations.
- Conduct practice, contests and manage day-to-day operations of assigned program. Develop contest schedule and coordinate all team travel for assigned program. Accountable for maintaining accurate inventory of all equipment for assigned program.
- Develop and implement comprehensive recruitment and retention of student athletes.
- Be knowledgeable of and ensure compliance with relevant federal and state regulations, and the policies of the governing board and the policies of Bluefield State College as contained in the Academic Catalog, the Faculty Handbook, the Staff Handbook, and any other practices which are common to the institution.
- Perform the administrative duties associated with the responsibilities of Head Coach, including but not limited to: establishing business and community relationships to solicit support; assisting with marketing the sports program to increase spectator engagement; administering the sport’s budget, forecasting and controlling expenditures; preparing reports; participating in student athlete scholarship activities, and participating in revenue-generating and fundraising goal setting and activities for assigned program, the Athletic Department and the College at-large.
- Perform other duties as assigned.MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required. Masters preferred.
- Coaching experience for at least one regular season (at least 3-4 months), specific to assigned sports program, required. At least two years of higher education coaching experience preferred.
- Commitment to the mission of higher education, student academic success and student well-being.
- Record of personal and fiscal integrity.
- Excellent organizational and strategic planning skills.
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations and Title IX compliance.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships and work effectively with individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to meet the extended hours and travel requirements of the position.
- NCAA Recruiting Test Certification (Division II University Portal). NCAA Recruiting Test Certification (Division II University Portal) must be passed within 60 days of hire (required by the NCAA for recruiting).
- Must maintain a valid State Driver’s License.
- Must obtain CPR Certification within 120 days of start date/upon hire, and maintain certification in good standing at all times during employment in this position.
THE COLLEGE: The mission of Bluefield State College is to provide students an affordable, accessible opportunity for public higher education. A historically black institution, Bluefield State College prepares students for diverse professions, graduate study, informed citizenship, community involvement, and public service in an ever-changing global society. More information about the College is available at www.bluefieldstate.edu.
DATE POSTED: August 24, 2020
CLOSING DATE: For full consideration, applications must be received by 4:00 pm EST, Friday, April 16, 2021. Applications will be accepted until position is filled; however, applications received after the deadline may not receive full consideration.
Bluefield State College is an HBCU, AA/EOE/ADA employer, committed to the principle that minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The college complies with all applicable federal and state laws designed to promote equal educational and employment opportunities. Bluefield State College does not provide H1B visa or employment sponsorship.
Date posted: April 2, 2021
Location: Wilmington, NC, USA
with Waves of Wilmington, Inc
Waves of Wilmington: Head Development Coach
The Waves of Wilmington swim team is seeking candidates for our Head Development Coach position. The ideal candidate will possess a strong background teaching novice swimmers with high proficiency in stroke technique, inspiration, and fun! This is a salaried, part-time position with a typical non-meet work week consisting of ~20 hours on deck and ~5 hours of administrative work. Duties and responsibilities as follows:
- Lead coach for all Developmental groups (8u, 10u, 12u, and pre-senior)
- Assist Head Age Group Coach twice per week with Age Group practices
- Create season and weekly plans for each Development group based on WOW’s stroke progressions, training philosophy, and advancement goals
- Handle all administrative duties for Development groups (email communication, meet entries, parent meetings, etc.)
- Work with Head Age Group Coach and Head Coach to ensure athlete progressions and group and team goals are being met
Salary Range: $25,000-28,000
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to David Sokolofsky at [email protected]. Applications are due by 4/20/21.
Located in the beautiful coastal city of Wilmington, NC, the Waves of Wilmington swim team is the largest and most established USAS team in Southeastern North Carolina. We welcome all ages and abilities across our ~180 member team with two practice locations to serve them. Come join a team that is focused on developing complete athletes in a fun, positive, and nurturing environment!
Date posted: April 1, 2021
Location: Tigard, OR, USA
with Tigard Tualatin Swim Club
The Tigard-Tualatin Swim Club is conducting a search for an Assistant Coach-Senior Level. TTSC is a multi-site team that operates out of pools in both Tigard and Tualatin, OR. We currently have approximately 120 swimmers ranging from age 6 to 18.
The Assistant Senior Level Coach of the Tigard-Tualatin Swim Club demonstrates leadership and responsibility in coaching our Senior 2 group (8th grade and high school age swimmers). S/he will be involved in all aspects of the TTSC program, including (but not limited to) scheduling, training, performance, and safety.
- Plan and conduct 1-2 hours per day of on-deck coaching, working with our Senior 2 group.
- Communicate effectively with parents, swimmers, and other coaches (email, phone, face to face).
- Coordinate and develop group goals and curriculum.
- Attend all scheduled swim meets, meetings, and team functions as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Minimum of one (1) year successful experience as a swim coach with a USA Swimming team is preferred (prior experience teaching swim lessons also OK).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Positive and energetic presence with a passion for teaching technique.
- Current CPR, First Aid, Coaches Safety, and Safe Sport certifications and membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
Preferred start date: June 1st (or earlier). The position will remain open until filled. Compensation: $17-18 per hour, commensurate with experience.
For more information about our team and programs, please visit our website at www.ttsc.org
Date posted: April 1, 2021
Location: 350 Plantation Club Pkwy, St Johns, FL, USA
with Loggerhead Aquatics
Loggerhead Aquatics is seeking an energetic and motivated assistant coach. Position is open immediately.
Opportunity to work with Senior athletes as well as developmental age group swimming. Position would have roughly 20 hours of on deck work per week plus a slight amount of administrative work. Flexible schedule is required for this position.
Date posted: April 1, 2021
Location: 221 Duff Street, Gambier, OH, USA
with Kenyon College
Kenyon College invites applications for the position of Assistant Swimming Coach working with both the Men’s and Women’s teams. The position is a full-time 10-month appointment with flexibility to set work hours appropriate to the needs of the program. The position also includes a generous benefits package.
The Assistant Swimming Coach will provide assistance for the Head Coach in all areas associated with creating and sustaining a championship environment and program. Duties of primary importance will include: 1) recruiting – identifying prospective student-athletes who meet Kenyon College’s academic standards; contacting (email, phone, mail, social media) prospective recruits, families, and coaches; arranging campus visits for recruits; and developing recruiting materials, 2) on-deck coaching, and 3) student-athlete advising. Additional duties will include: strength training and conditioning, data collection and management, arranging travel, tracking equipment, and managing budgets. Other assignments will be defined by the Head Coach and / or Director of Athletics.
Candidates should exemplify leadership in the management of a successful collegiate swimming program and also show a strong desire to pursue a career in collegiate coaching at the NCAA Division I, II or III level.
It is also expected that the Assistant Swimming Coach embrace the department mission of fostering learning and developing community with a focus on the values of citizenship, competition, resiliency, sportsmanship, and teamwork within Kenyon’s unique campus culture. Successful candidates will be able to show a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in their support for students from diverse ethnic, socioeconomic, religious, and national backgrounds.
Kenyon College is a nationally prominent, private liberal arts college where academic excellence goes hand in hand with a strong sense of community and close relationships among students and professors.
Kenyon College is an equal opportunity employer and applications from members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged. It is the College’s policy to evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and/or mental disability, age, religion, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy or state, local, or federal law. Kenyon College has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion. Please visit our Diversity at Kenyon website.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Collegiate coaching experience preferred
- Collegiate swimming experience
- Experience in recruitment of academically focused student-athletes is preferred
- CPR, First Aid and AED Certification is required (and can be completed after hire)
Date posted: April 1, 2021
Location: 616 W North Bend Rd, Cincinnati, OH, USA
with Cincinnati Marlins
The Cincinnati Marlins have assistant coaching positions available. This includes age group and senior-level lead and assistant positions. Candidates will need to attend practices and meets. We do operate out of multiple sites in the Greater Cincinnati area so various locations are also available. Strong leadership and communication skills desired.
Date posted: March 31, 2021
Location: Hunterdon County YMCA, West Woodschurch Road, Flemington, NJ, USA
with Hunterdon County YMCA
The Hunterdon County YMCA is excited about the opportunity to work with our highly regarded swim team. Approx. 10 hours per week, schedule will vary.
Under the direction of the Director of Competitive Aquatics and upper level Swim Team Coaches, the Swim Team Coach will facilitate, develop, promote and reinforce technique standards with designated coaching groups.
Date posted: March 30, 2021
Location: Loudoun County, VA
with Snow Swimming
SNOW Swimming, Inc, a USA Swimming Bronze Medal level club located in Loudoun County, VA, is seeking applicants for our Head Site Coach at Claude Moore Recreation Center. SNOW was founded in 1998 and since then has operated exclusively in Loudoun County, which is just 45 minutes northwest of Washington, DC. Pre-pandemic our club was 500+ student-athletes ranging in ability from Novice to National qualifiers. Our club is a part of the Potomac Valley LSC and operates out of three main sites (Claude Moore Rec Center, Dulles South Rec Center and the Ida Lee Rec Center in Leesburg, VA) and regularly qualifies student-athletes for the various Junior National-level meets (NCSA’s, ISCA’s, etc…). We’ve had multiple athletes earn USA Swimming Scholastic All-American status, as well as several athletes selected for USA Swimming Select Camps. We have access to three outdoor pools for summer training, in addition to LCM training year-round for our most experienced student-athletes. In spite of the pandemic we are sound financially, and currently have a waiting list of 200+ swimmers. We are looking forward to the upcoming LCM season and excited for the next quadrennium (even though it’s only three years long!).
We are seeking applications from career-minded coaches who are excited to develop age group student-athletes in the post-pandemic world, despite all the challenges that entails. You should be fully certified and in good standing with USA Swimming, experienced in developing your athletes to the Junior National level (or higher) and able to work both mornings and afternoons with multiple groups. Additionally, the successful candidate should be comfortable handling meet entries with the Team Unify platform, email correspondence with families, recruiting from the numerous Summer Leagues in northern Virginia and contributing your enthusiasm & various coaching experiences to our staff. Your demeanor should be positive, inclusive & infectious, and your coaching style should reflect that. Our student-athletes should be able to feed off your energy! All certified coaches who fit the above description are encouraged to apply, especially women & minorities.
SNOW Swimming is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, sexual preference or religious background. The position is full time and comes with a competitive salary based on experience. You’ll work closely with the Head Coach and the club owner; there is no Board of Directors at SNOW as it’s a privately owned business.
Date posted: March 30, 2021
Location: 205 Sunnyview Lane, Kalispell, MT, USA
with The Summit Medical Fitness Center, Kalispell Regional Healthcare
Want to make a difference in a child’s life while having fun doing it?
Join our team and provide quality and enjoyable swim lessons following the guidelines and class progressions as established by The Summit.
The Aquatics Supervisor is responsible for the safe and efficient management of aquatic operations and programs, supervision of aquatics staff, and ensuring a positive experience of our members and staff. Join our team in helping people of all ages and abilities achieve and sustain health, happiness and success.
1. Develops and organizes the following aquatic programs, including but not limited to: a) swim instruction courses, 2) lifeguard training courses, 3) beginner to advanced swim lessons, 5) water safety classes according to industry practices and procedures. Will be responsible that all staff participating in these courses is up-to-date on certifications and the latest requirements for safety and instruction.
2. Organize the private swim instruction program. Leadership and communication to participants ensuring confidence and trust with abilities to have successful outcomes with course instruction.
3. Works in conjunction with the Summit Leadership in the recommendation of new employees, works to complete the hiring process. Prepares written evaluations on Aquatic staff, reviews with employee prior to anniversary date, and participates in corrective action, if necessary.
4. Supervises and schedules appropriate staff in accordance with set budget levels appropriate for class and event attendance. This includes but is not limited to swim instruction, special events, and safety or educational programs.
5. Oversees payroll and timekeeping for Aquatic employees. Will also schedule employees with-in time-keeping standards for any in-service instruction or meetings as necessary being mindful of overtime and budget constraints.
1. Current Nationally recognized swim instructor certification required.
2. Advanced Lifesaving Certification/First Aid Certification required.
3. Healthcare Provider or Red Cross Professional Rescuer CPR certification required.
4. A minimum of two years’ experience as an aquatic swim instructor and lifeguard required.
5. Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science or related field preferred. Will consider combination of experience, education, and supervision of similar programs.
6. Knowledge of pool operations to include but not limited to: mechanical operation, supplies needed for maintenance, hygiene and chemical use for sterilization, and staff to member ratios for safe operations.
Date posted: March 29, 2021
Location: 102 E Michigan Ave, Urbana, IL, USA
with Urbana Park District Tiger Shark Swim Team
In order to deliver quality programs and services to the public, the Swim Pro/Head Coach plans, organizes, coordinates, and administers the overall comprehensive year round swim team for citizens. The Swim Pro/Head Coach/Head Coach receives supervision from the Aquatics Manager and is responsible for having knowledge of coaching, mentoring, and training techniques related to swim teams. Other duties include: organizing competitive matches, recruiting and assigning volunteers for matches and the booster clubs, developing skills of athletes, checking water chemistry, assisting with swim lesson trainings, supervising and evaluating performance, managing the summer Nadiators Swim Team, and taking corrective action for all programs as necessary. The Swim Pro/Head Coach/Head Coach may also perform cash handling procedures, such as collecting fees for programs, services, or commodities and maintaining related records.
DUTIES: Supervision – Supervision of all assistant swim coaches. – Supervision of the (Year Round) UPD Tiger Shark Swim Team. – Supervision of the (summer) Nadiators Swim Team. – Observes programs; identifies problems and initiates solutions. – Communicates with the Aquatics Manager on a daily basis. – Hiring, supervising, training, evaluating, and discipline of coaching staff. – Completes incident/accident reports and follows up with processes. – Performs other duties as assigned.
Planning and Equipment Management – Plans seasons, conducts practices for, and attends both regular season and championship meets for the UPD Tiger Shark Swim Team program. – Create, implement, coordinate, and manage Pre-Team for UPD Tiger Shark Swim Team. – Creates educational opportunities for parents and swimmers such as clinics, presentations, and meetings. – Coordinate training program for Nadiator Swim Team. – Plans and executes UPD Tiger Shark Swim Team program. – Seeks to increase UPD Tiger Shark Swim Team program participation through consistent improvements of the program. – Assures compliance with rules, standards, and guidelines set forth by USA Swimming and that all aquatic safety procedures are followed. – Prepares goals and objectives for programs and personal tasks. – Keeps accurate records of current inventory levels and order supplies and equipment as needed. – Keeps informed of program participants’ experiences and takes initiative to meet the needs of program participants by collaborating with Champaign-Urbana Special Recreation. – Develops Program Guide information. – Conducts program surveys and seasonal evaluations for programs. – Assists with other events outside of aquatics programs. – Maintains distinct records for UPD Tiger Shark Swim Team program and Nadiators Swim Team. – Prepares and maintains equipment for use in aquatic programs and facilities. – Manages equipment for appropriate, safe, and timely use/supply. – Demonstrates knowledge of applicable safety practices and procedures, with ability to take proper precautions and assure safety of self, co-workers, volunteers and general public. – Demonstrates ability to plan, schedule, and organize work independently with little direct supervision or/and with diverse group of individuals and organizations. – Demonstrates organizational skills. – Maintains ability to work a flexible schedule. – Performs other duties as assigned.
Public Relations – Promotes and maintains club recognition and excellence opportunities within USA Swimming. – Maintains high degree of community involvement. – Demonstrates professionalism to all employees and customers. – Represents the Urbana Park District in a professional, positive, and appropriate manner. – Dresses appropriately for the job, giving the public a good first impression of the department. – Writes all seasonal brochure copies. – Answers phone calls in a professional manner or directs the general public to appropriate parties. – Demonstrates understanding and importance of customer orientation with participants and community members. – Performs other duties as assigned.3
Finance – Develop, monitor, and maintain guidelines of program budget to meet fiscal goals and objectives to be evaluated annually with a multi-year vision of the program in mind for the UPD Tiger Shark Swim Team, Nadiators Swim Team, Pre-Team, and all other related programs under the supervision of the Aquatics Manager. – Works within budgetary constraints of a program budget. – Collects and updates timesheets and prepares biweekly payroll for coaching staff. – Assists with the preparation of financial updates of program areas. – Exercises a good and ethical judgment in the use of Purchase Card to support efficiency and effectiveness of job-related activities and fills out reports of its use as necessary. – Performs other duties as assigned.
Communication – Conducts and attends team and staff meetings, trainings and workshops as required. – Maintain the TSST swim team website. – Communicates with the Urbana Park District Staff, swim team, coaches, parents, volunteers, and community to inform of practices, meets, and other swimming related events. – Responds to all agency, parent, and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner. – Solves problems in a timely manner; informs supervisor(s) of problems with facilities or equipment. – Demonstrates proficiency in written and oral communication. – Responds in a timely manner to all correspondence, inquiries, complaints, and suggestions. – Represents the department at various meetings as assigned. – Prepares written reports. – Maintains files and operating records. – Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: – 4 year college degree (or equivalent) is required. – At least 5 years’ of coaching experience. – Competitive Swimming Experience for a minimum of 4 years required. – Equivalent education/experience can substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration. – Knowledge of non-English languages is a plus. – Must have all USA Swimming requirements as a head coach. – Knowledge of all swimming rules and regulations. – Valid State of Illinois driver’s license required.4 – Certification in First Aid/CPR/AED or have ability to complete within six (6) months of hiring is required.