with Washington and Jefferson College
The Athletics Department at Washington & Jefferson College invites applications for a Part-time Diving Coach.
— Assist the swimming & diving staff in the daily activities of running a NCAA Division III swimming & diving program.
— Serve as the primary coach for the administration of practice and training sessions with the program’s diving student-athletes.
— Assist in planning for team travel, equipment ordering and learn about the complexities of team operations.
— Travel to competitions with team and staff and help in meet day operations.
— Other duties as assigned. Hours – Approximately 15 hours per week from October to March
with Pomona-Pitzer Athletics
The Pomona-Pitzer Swimming and Diving program is currently seeking a Part-Time Assistant Swimming Coach. This position will serve both the Men’s and Women’s teams and will report to both the Head Coach and Associate Head Coach. The position is part-time over the course of the 2018-19 academic year (approximately 40 weeks). Primary expectations will include:
- Investing in the success of the Pomona-Pitzer Swim & Dive program
- Assisting with the planning, writing and coaching of daily workouts
- Providing support for a diverse group of team members in and out of the pool.
- Fostering an environment that supports equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Assist with administrative responsibilities including scheduling, budgets, clothing & equipment purchase, travel and keeping practice and competition statistics.
- Manage the operation of home swim meets.
- Assisting in the recruitment of top-quality students to both Pomona and Pitzer Colleges
- Other duties as assigned by Head Coach or Associate Head Coach.
Collegiate swimming or collegiate coaching experience is strongly preferred.
1-3 years of swim coaching experience at any level is preferred.
Familiarity with NCAA Division III rules and recruiting guidelines is required
The department is particularly interested in candidates who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for underrepresented students.
with Park City Swimming
Park City Swimming is looking for a unique individual that is outgoing and highly motivated. Candidates should possess excellent communication skills, organizational skills, computer skills, be detail oriented, and have the willingness to go the extra mile to become an integral member of one of Utah’s premier swim clubs. PCS is operated by the Park City School District in beautiful Park City, UT. PCSD is one of the finest school districts in western US. With athletes from age 7-18, PCS has grown to over 150 USA Swimming registered swimmers, ranging from novice competitive swimmers to state record holders to Futures qualifiers.
Pay Range & Hours
Pay range starts at $14.14 per hour and is commensurate with experience. The position(s) will be approximately 10-20 hours each week, plus swim meets as assigned. Assistant coach will be working with various ages and abilities.
PCS Assistant Coach will:
- Be a team player.
- Plan, prepare and conduct team practices in accordance with the PCS philosophies.
- Work with head coach and develop seasonal plans for assigned group(s).
- Promote the personal development of every
- Inspire swimmers by using positive coaching techniques.
- Work with a variety of swimmers/groups in both age and ability as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Abide by the USA Swimming and PCS Code of Conducts.
- Maintain membership in good standing with both USA Swimming and PCS.
- Emphasize the core values of PCS and encourage sportsmanship, commitment and achievement.
- Maintain records of daily attendance, test set results, try-out assessments, etc.
- Assist in the set-up, running and clean up of all home swim meets.
- Attend any coaching meetings/clinics as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Attend team social functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Head Coach and/or Aquatics Director.
- Successfully pass the PCSD and USA Swimming Background Check immediately upon hire.
- Possess a current driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Complete all USA Swimming Coaching requirements ASAP.
- Be a member or become a member of ASCA within 6 months of starting at PCS.
To apply for this position, go to the Park City School District website to apply:
(Scroll down and look for the Asst. Swim Team Coach Position)
The position will remain open until the ideal candidate is found. Applicants will be notified if selected for an interview. For more information about the position, please contact Mike Werner at [email protected] or 801-949-5281.
with Santa Maria Swim Club
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: SMSC ASSISTANT AGE GROUP COACH
The SANTA MARIA SWIM CLUB is presently looking for an Age Group coach. SMSC operates out of a city owned 50-m aquatic facility in Santa Maria, CA. The area is known for strawberries, wine and the local Air Force base and is close to the beach. We currently have 150 swimmers in the year-round portion of the team and were instrumental in producing 2016 Olympian Josh Prenot.
SANTA MARIA SWIM CLUB is seeking a qualified coach who is available to coach approximately two hours per day in our age group program. The ideal candidate works well with young people, specifically 9-12 years old and is able to communicate and work with other coaches, parents and athletes. The candidate must be willing to work within the SMSC culture and program.
Current USA Swimming Coach in good standing. (All certifications, background checks etc)
Previous coaching experience required.
Ability to teach & train several practice groups. Most typically, Monday through Friday between 4:30-6:30PM.
Ability to coach at weekend swim meets as assigned by the Head Coach.
Strong understanding of technique (or willing to learn).
Enthusiasm in working with young people.
Communication skills with City personnel, other coaches, parents and athletes.
Ability to learn and use the TeamUnify platform.
Primary Job Duties:
Plan and conduct 1.5-2.5 hours per day of on-deck coaching, working with their respective group.
Attending all scheduled swim meets, meetings and team functions as required.
Communicate effectively with parents, athletes and other coaches.
Work with and coordinate with the Head Coach in developing group goals and curriculum.
Tracking of group attendance through TeamUnify app.
Salary & Incentives:
$13-15 per hour, commensurate with experience.
All mileage to away meets reimbursed at .50/mile.
l swim meets reimbursed at current IRS per diem rates.
Yearly ASCA dues, American Red Cross certifications, Background checks paid by team after first 6 months.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Mike Ashmore, Head Coach & General Manager at [email protected]
Preferred start date is August 27, 2018, but flexible for the right candidate.
with Willamette University
Willamette University has an immediate opening for an Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach. The Assistant Coach will assist the Head Coach with all areas associated with the swimming program including: practice preparation and implementation; meet management; student-athlete recruitment and retention; coordination of team travel; dryland preparation and implementation; and community engagement.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following functions, which are not listed in any particular order of importance or significance:
- Recruits qualified student-athletes for admission to a rigorous academic environment and assist in all areas of recruiting.
- Assist head coach with practice implementation of assigned groups.
- Observes all conference, NCAA and university rules and regulations.
- Assists head coach with team travel arrangements including accommodations and meals.
- Assists in coordination of meet management for all home dual meets.
- Assist head coach with preparation and implementation of swimming specific strength and conditioning program.
- Provides leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student-athletes, including counseling team members in academic, disciplinary and personal matters.
- Teaches sport skills, strategies and philosophy as well as sportsmanship.
- Assists program with the Willamette University Swim School as needed.
- Participates in department and Division planning and staff meetings when available, representing the swimming program and/or Willamette athletic department.
- Work collaboratively with all coaches and administrative staff within the athletics program to enhance overall department operation and student-athlete experience.
- Additional administrative responsibilities and duties will be assigned by the Head Swimming Coach or the Director of Athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent required.
- Experience coaching swimming at the college, high school or club level.
- Knowledge of all applicable NCAA Division III and Conference rules as they apply to swimming.
- Must be able to successfully articulate the values of a liberal arts education and the role intercollegiate athletics plays in the development of student athletes.
- Ability to recruit outstanding student-athletes to a strong academic environment.
- Possess strong leadership, organizational, communication and management skills; serves as a role model for student-athletes. Ability to effectively teach and coach students in both an individual and team setting.
- Must demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills and must be able to work effectively with staff, faculty and other members of the University.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both orally and in writing, including the ability to communicate instructions pertaining to athletic matters in an athletic coaching setting.
- Ability to execute those physical activities required to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Knowledge of and ability to use computers and basic office software.
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of people in a manner that positively portrays the University and its programs, personnel, and philosophies.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with diverse colleagues, students, and community members.
- Must possess a current driver’s license valid in the state of Oregon or the ability to obtain one within 60 days of hire date and satisfactory driving record insurable by the University’s insurer.
- Ability to work independently as well as establish and maintain harmonious relations with other staff, faculty and students.
- Successful clearance of a criminal conviction record check.
- Collegiate playing experience.
- Experience coaching at the collegiate level.
- Knowledge of a variety of software applications such as Meet Manager, Team Manager and the Colorado Timing system.
- Familiarity with ARMS recruiting software and usage as relates to recruiting and compliance.
Position is open until filled, however review of applications will begin July 30, 2018.
with Urbana University
Urbana University, a division of Franklin University, has an opening for a part-time Assistant Men’s & Women’s Swim Coach. Urbana is a NCAA Division II institution that competes in the Great Midwest Athletic/Mountain East Conference (GMAC/MEC).
The assistant coach will assist the head coach with all aspects of the program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, coaching at practices from 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and assisting with practices on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:00 a.m.-8:00 a.m. Also, if available, to travel to meets which are held on Fridays/Saturdays and often includes driving a University van, being able to assist and learn if not previously trained in recruiting qualified student-athletes, developing student athletes athletically as well as assisting with their personal growth as young men and women, and other administrative duties as assigned by the head coach.
We are looking for someone to come in and assist with building upon the current foundation and help propel the teams to greater success. This would be an excellent opportunity for someone who has prior experience as a competitive swimmer and possibly some coaching experience to come in and make a difference with a program that is on the rise and also have the ability to learn from an experienced coach.
We seek someone with a Bachelor’s degree and excellent verbal communication skills who can help to continue the strong tradition of graduating our students within 4 years and achieving recognition for our team GPA’s. A background in strength and conditioning would be a plus in this position. This individual must have the ability to travel to some, if not all, away meets, possess a valid driver’s license and have a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report to be able to drive a University van. In addition, the part-time Men’s and Women’s Swim Coach must successfully pass an NCAA eligibility test in order to be able to recruit off campus.
Urbana University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Urbana does not discriminate on the basis of age, religion, race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, immigration status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, disability, or veteran or military status.
with DAD'S Club Swim Team
The Dad’s Club Swim Team is a USA Swimming year round team centrally located in Houston Texas and established back in 1948. We are a one site team with over 400 competitive swimmers from ages 6 -18 of varying levels.
Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years experience, be well-organized, energetic with a great understanding of swimmer development and stroke technique, a “self-starter” with a strong work ethic and excellent oral and written communication skills. Candidate must also be a team player who is able to work with other coaches in a leadership and assistant capacity.
Responsibilities will include lead and assist different training groups during practice and swim meets, create a season training plan, complete meet entries, attend pertinent meetings, maintain weekday office hours. Administrative responsibilities will include communicating with parents, complete monthly meet write-ups and assignments.
Hours are Monday-Friday from 1:00-7:00pm (morning and afternoon practices during summer months) and an average of 1-2 swim meets a month. The coach is also required to be present at any additional team events, such as fundraisers, banquets, and award nights.
Experience with Active, Meet Manager and or Hy-tek software is preferred but not required.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and credentials.
The Club – Dadsclubswimteam.com:
- Founded in 1948
- Located in Houston, Texas, 77055
- Owned facility includes: 3 pools (50×25 meter outdoor pool, 33 1/3 lesson pool, 25 yard/ activity outdoor pool) also includes meeting room, weight room, locker rooms, additional bathrooms, offices and outdoor dry-land area.
- 300+ year round pre competitive swim program
Mission Statement: Dad’s Club Swim Team is dedicated to providing swimmers with the opportunity to reach all of their swimming goals, through commitment and hard work, in an environment that fosters life lessons.
How to Apply
with St. Bonaventure University
St. Bonaventure University has an immediate opening for a Head Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving Coach. This is a full-time, 12-month exempt appointment which reports to the Deputy Director of Athletics.
The successful candidate will be responsible for fulfilling all duties associated with coaching a successful combined men’s and women’s program including but not limited to: the recruitment of scholarship student-athletes; organization of training and practices; budgeting; coordinating team travel; monitoring of the student-athletes’ academic progress; participation in fund-raising activities, and other duties as assigned. The individual will oversee two full-time assistant coaches and one part-time diving coach. The successful candidate must demonstrate understanding, compliance and commitment to all NCAA, Atlantic 10 Conference and institutional rules.
Bachelor’s degree and prior experience in coaching, preferably at the collegiate level or similar experience, is desired. Candidates should possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Employment is contingent on a successful background check and valid DMV driver’s license.
with NOMAD Aquatics
NOMAD Aquatics in Huntersville North Carolina (north of Charlotte) has openings for age group coaches beginning in August 2018. These positions will be working in our growing age group division and will be leading groups of novice swimmers. We are looking for enthusiastic teachers that can work within our team coaching philosophy of “teach first, train second”! Salary will be dependent on experience, teaching ability, and ability to think “outside the box” to make the swimming experience fun and engaging.
with Carthage College
Carthage College, a Division III member of the NCAA and a member of the CCIW conference, is accepting applications for the position of Graduate Assistant Swimming Coach. This is a two year position (9 months each year) with a full graduate studies tuition waiver and competitive stipend.
The successful candidate will assist the head coaches in all aspects of the men’s and women’s swimming and diving program. Primary responsibilities include training, meet-day operations, coordinating team travel, recruiting, assisting with administrative duties and performing other duties as assigned by the head coaches.
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills required
- Admission to the Masters of Education program at Carthage College is required
- Swim coaching experience is preferred
- Computer literacy is preferred
- Valid divers license is required
- Ability to obtain CPR and First Aid certification
with Bellingham Bay Swim Team-PN
Bellingham Bay Swim Team has an immediate opening for an experienced, dynamic, highly skilled and energetic Head Age Group Coach.
Title: BBST Head Age Group Coach
Reports to: BBST Head Coach
Position Status: Full-time – Exempt
- Establish an environment that fosters positive team attitudes and encourages self-discipline, sportsmanship and responsibility.
- Develop and maintain seasonal and quadrennial plans for the progression of our age group program and develops innovative techniques that show success and improvement. (This includes yardage and technique progressions, as well as how the groups are being challenged through competition and differentiated for movement up the team roster groups).
- Develop and implement team and individual goals with the swimmers and the head coach, and monitor the progression of the athletes and team in reaching these goals.
- Design swimming and dryland curriculums for all BBST roster levels to promote stroke development and physical conditioning appropriate for the athletes’ current level of fitness and physical/emotional development, while maintaining an appropriate level of challenge necessary to produce improvement in speed, fitness, and progression to the next team roster level.
- Provide social/emotional support for athletes and differentiated programming to meet each athlete’s needs.
- Demonstrate a cooperative, responsive and respectful communication style with swimmers, parents, community members, members of the staff, and board.
- Effectively supervise and delegate responsibilities for assistant age group coaches. This includes practices as well as meets.
- Practice continuous improvement and professional development for self under the direction of the head coach; work to achieve next level of certification.
- Support all aspects of daily club operation in support of the swimmers, membership, and team mission and values. Strong organizational skills are a must.
- Communicate with other teams and/or PNS regarding meet participation and entries.
- Maintain and update website information regarding practice schedules, meet entries, news, etc.
- Various administrative functions such as pool scheduling.
- Work with the head coach to ensure club mission, vision and values are achieved.
- Act as a team representative while attending LSC meetings.
- Maintain accurate records of individuals and relay performances, meet participation, practice attendance and more.
- Develop, and implement BBST Board policies and procedures under direction of head coach.
- Maintain professional standard of safety, appearance and readiness.
- Facilitate and participate in club fundraisers.
- Must be CPR/AED certified and maintain current coaching certification.
- ASCA level 3 but may consider the right candidate with a lower ranking.
- Strong track record as an outstanding technical swim coach with demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Advanced experience coaching various ages and skill levels in a competitive environment.
- High-level swimming experience at the club and/or collegiate level.
- Experienced with TeamUnify and HyTek
- Ability to set and achieve individual and team goals and encourage others to do the same.
This is a year round, salaried position with opportunity for performance and fundraising based incentives. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience within a range of $30,000 and $35,000 annually.
with Redlands Swim Team
REDLANDS SWIM TEAM is seeking a qualified coach who would be available to work up three hours a day. The ideal candidate is energetic, knowledgeable and able to communicate with parents, coaches and athletes. Candidate must be able to work as part of a coaching team with one or more groups from developmental swimming to early senior level. RST operates out of three high schools located in Redlands CA.
- Current USA Swimming coach in good standing
- Previous coaching experience required (1-3+ years preferred)
- Ability to work, train, and instruct one or multiple practice groups from 4:00 pm to 7:45 pm Monday-Friday. Morning practice is determined by group placement. Must be able to work weekends for swim meets that often require travel.
- Strong stroke technique background and teaching base
- Strong customer service
- Experience planning seasons and workouts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Team Unify platform
- Planning and writing daily workouts for you group(s)
- Attending scheduled meets
- Meet entries, remind app and email communication
- Attend and contribute in staff meetings
- Track group attendance through team unify app
- Attend RST run camp/clinic held at the end of summer
- ASCA certification is a plus (regardless of level)
- This position has the possibility for upward mobility. Compensation based on experience, achievements and other factors.
- Please submit resume that includes: coaching experience, philosophy, and education.
Please submit resume and minimum (2) references to: Austin Brown at [email protected]
with Flying Dolphins - 92nd Street Y
92nd Street Y Flying Dolphins Swim Team (YFD) is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, well-organized, and enthusiastic age group coach to lead our 12&Under swimmers. 92nd Street Y Flying Dolphins is committed to promoting personal development and the pursuit of excellence (mind, body, spirit) so that each participant can be the best they can be in all aspects of life while helping each athlete reach their highest potential within our sport. On deck coaching hours are Monday thru Friday between 4:00 and 8:30pm, Sat 3:00pm-5:00pm, and Sunday 6:00am- 8:00am plus required competitions.
Education, Skills and Experience
YFD Swimming is looking for an individual who is a team player with swim coaching experience. The candidate must possess ASCA level 1 or higher preferred. 2+ years of USA coaching exprience preferred, and pass all required background checks. The individual’s experience should illustrate exceptional management, communication and motivational skills, team-building and community involvement. The candidate should be able to provide relevant examples of teaching quality technique as well as have a record of producing well-rounded swimmers.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Team information can be found at www.flyingdolphinsswimteam.com
with Tigard Tualatin Swim Club
The Tigard-Tualatin Swim Club is conducting a search for both Age Group and Senior-Level Swim Coaches. TTSC is a multi-site team that operates out of pools in both Tigard and Tualatin, OR. We currently have approximately 130 swimmers ranging from age 5 to 18.
The Age Group/Senior-Level Coach of the Tigard-Tualatin Swim Club demonstrates energy, enthusiasm, responsibility and leadership. S/he will be involved in all aspects of the TTSC program, including (but not limited to) scheduling, training, performance, and safety.
- Plan and conduct 1-2 hours per day of on-deck coaching, working with their respective group.
- Communicate effectively with parents, swimmers, and other coaches (email, phone, face to face).
- Coordinate and develop group goals and curriculum.
- Attend all scheduled swim meets, meetings, and team functions as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Minimum of 1-year successful experience as a swim coach with a USA Swimming team is preferred (prior experience teaching swim lessons also OK).
- Positive and energetic presence with a passion for teaching technique.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Current CPR, First Aid, Coaches Safety, and Safe Sport certifications and membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
Preferred start date: September 4th. The position will remain open until filled. Salary range: $15-$17 per hour, commensurate with experience.
For more information about our team and programs, please visit our website at www.ttsc.org
with Heart of Texas Aquatics Team
Heart of Texas Aquatics Team (HEAT), serving the Waco and surrounding communities of Central Texas, is
seeking a dynamic, motivating, experienced Head Coach, to lead our year-round competitive swim program.
The team currently trains at the Family YMCA, and consists of 65+ swimmers from beginning level age-group
swimmers to swimmers who compete at State Championships, Sectionals, Jr. Nationals, and National
Championships. HEAT is a 501©(3) non-profit organization supported by a parent run volunteer Board of
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 3 years Head Coaching experience
- Current Coach member of good standing with USA Swimming (background check, CPR, First Aid,
Safety Training for Swim Coaches)
- ASCA Level 3 or higher certification with ability to coach swimmers beyond the National level
- Positive, motivating, and energetic attitude with a passion for the sport and a desire for excellence in all
areas of the program
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail, and ability to effectively communicate with
swimmers, parents, coaching staff, and Board of Directors.
Responsibilities to include:
- Management of day-to-day direction and operation of swim team
- Develop and implement competitive program – to include correct stroke technique training and
development, dry-land progressions, and taper strategies for range of swimmer abilities
- Management of appropriate athlete goal setting, evaluation and tracking
- Develop seasonal swim meet schedule, team building activities
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, managing, and directing assistant coaches
- Working knowledge of Team Unify and Hy-Tek Team Manager and Meet Manager
- Involvement with some administrative functions, Athlete registration, team management, and meet
- Communicate with families and swimmers through a variety of avenues, to include swimmer & parent
meetings, newsletters, team emails, and maintain team website and social media presence
Compensation is commensurate with experience.