with Amherst Tritons Swim Team
The Amherst Tritons Swim Team is located in beautiful Amherst Massachusetts with a vibrant and energetic college community. Our private swim club of 120 swimmers competes on a recreational and USA swim level. We are looking for an energetic, dedicated individual to fill the year round position of a part time Assistant Coach for our T0 to T2 swim groups ages 5 to 10. The assistant coach will attend practices, swim meets and team events usually between 3pm to 8pm on weekdays and 8am to 1pm on weekends.
1-3 years or more of swim instructor experience
1-3 years or more of club coaching experience
Knowledge of proper stroke technique and instruction
Ability to inspire children, have fun, and work hard
Previous competitive swim club member
Knowledge of Team Unify and Hy-tek swim software
CPR/First Aid certification
Lifeguard or Safety training for swim coaches (or ability to obtain within 1 month of hire)
Rate of pay is $22 per hour, Hours will vary between 15-20 hrs per week
Applications will be accepted until March 15 or when position is filled.
with Wissahickon Community Aquatic Club (WCAC)
Wissahickon Community Aquatic Club (“WCAC”), a parent run swim and dive program, has just moved into a new state of the art natatorium complex at the Wissahickon High School in Ambler, PA. The club is seeking an experienced, committed and motivated individual who can identify goals and put in place plans to grow the various WCAC programs. Currently WCAC’s primary focus is the community based swim and dive team, comprised of 200+ swimmers and divers. The boys and girls teams participate in the Suburban Aquatic League during the winter. The club is also a member of USA Swimming. The USA Swimming program is a year round program with approximately 45 swimmers.
The ideal candidate for WCAC is personable, a certified coach and has experience building a successful swim program. At WCAC, this role will:
- Be responsible for all levels of the aquatics program
- Ensure the optimal number of coaches and set a coaching structure to support competitive SAL, USA swim and dive teams
- Design and oversee training plans for all team members
- Oversee the progression of team members
- Set performance goals & reports for the program
- Facilitate an age appropriate goal setting process for all team members
- Establish an environment that fosters positive team attitudes (both staff & athletes), that encourage self-discipline, self reliance and sportsmanship
- Recruit and retain staff within budget
- Plan and direct staff meetings at least once/month
- Provide annual staff development goals and set the training program for educating, supervising, and mentoring all coaches
- Communicate regularly and appropriately with Club’s membership via monthly newsletter, team/group meetings, emails, and/or individual meetings/conferences when needed
- Administer and support WCAC policies and procedures with membership and staff
- Support and facilitate annual strategic planning process and review
- Market and promote the programs of WCAC
- Develop and implement incentive and recognition/achievement programs that are age appropriate for team members
- Coordinate daily, monthly and season use of WCACs pool time
- 4-6 years coaching experience, ASCA level 3 or higher a plus
- USA Member/Coach
- 4 years management experience
- Understanding of pool/facilities operations
- Mature disposition
- Experience with the Team Unify platform, a plus
Salary is negotiable, based upon experience
with Milpitas Star Aquatics
To perform this job successfully an employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Attend training and instructor the Star Aquatics lesson program.
- Provide a safe and extraordinary experience for swimmers, members, and guests.
- Must be present, interact, and supervise all students at ALL times.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with different individuals and groups of people both internally and external.
- Must be ready and abled-body to enter the pool at all times in the event of an emergency or necessity for instructing; able to teach while in the water.
- Minimum 15 years of age
- Some swimming experience; competitive swimming experience is preferred but not required.
- Love Swimming & Passion working with kids
- Swimming Instructor hourly rate starts at $15 per hours based on your experience.
- Extra bonus for good performance.
- Full time salary at a competitive rate and based upon experience
- Star Aquatics is open 7 days a week, offer flexible schedule to fit everyone’s need.
- We offer 50% discount of swim school classes for one of their children
- We offer free gym membership to our staff and 50% discount for their immediate family.
- Full time receives Health, Dental, Vision and Paid Time Off
with King University
King University has a Graduate Assistant position available for men’s and women’s swimming. The Graduate Assistant will assist the Head Coach in every aspect of the program. King University is located in Bristol, TN, and participates in NCAA Division II and is a member of Conference Carolinas
A bachelor’s degree is required, along with admission into King’s MBA or M.Ed. program, plus collegiate playing experience in the swimming. Candidates must also complete a driver approval process and background check.
Additional Salary Information: Full Tuition Waiver for Graduate program, plus an hourly campus employment position.
with Luther College
Luther College, a private, liberal arts institution located in Decorah, Iowa, seeks applications for a men’s and women’s assistant swimming coach/assistant aquatics director position. The Assistant Swimming Coach/Asst. Aquatics Director will assist with all aspects of the men’s and women’s swimming program as assigned by the head coach and actively participate in the recruitment of student-athletes. The successful candidate will assist the Aquatics Director with all aspects of the aquatics center operations. Strong leadership and motivational skills are required; a record of integrity and the ability to inspire student-athletes to perform at a high level is essential; and a willingness to advance the goals and mission of Luther College while adhering to the rules, policies, and regulations established by Luther College, the Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, and the NCAA is critical. Qualifications for the position include: 1) Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred;
2) Collegiate swimming experience required, 1-3 years of successful high school or college swimming coaching experience preferred; and 3) Water Safety Instructor (WSI), Life Guard Instructor (LGI), First Aid (FA), Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) certification preferred. Additional information about Luther College can be found at www.luther.edu. Screening will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications from persons of diverse cultural backgrounds welcomed. This is a 10-month position with the starting date negotiable. To see full posting and apply for this position, please go to the employment website at https://luthercollege.hiretouch.com
with The University of Alabama
The University of Alabama is seeking applications from qualified candidates for a full-time Assistant Coach of Swimming. Responsibilities include: on-site coaching, recruiting, training group oversight, and administrative responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required. Requires elite senior level coaching experience. Knowledge of Division I NCAA, Southeastern Conference, and university rules and regulations preferred.
The University of Alabama is an equal-opportunity employer (EOE), including an EOE of protected vets and individuals with disabilities.
with The Evelyn Rubenstein Jewish Community Center of Houston - Aquatics Department
The J swim instructor will be responsible for the direct service and implementation of JCC Aquatics Learn to Swim program, private lessons, and any J enrichments program.
– WSI Certified $11-$17/hour based on experience
– Non WSI certified $9-$10.75/hour based on experience
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting in record keeping and progress reports for instructional aquatics classes and enrichment classes.
- Assists with calendar and schedule for personal private lessons
- Assists with insuring that financial arrangements have been completed with participants and instructors before all classes and lessons
- Checks in and redeems private lesson usage on a daily basis by communicating with the Aquatics Director or Aquatics Administrative Assistant
- Answers questions about aquatics classes, lesson and program with current and prospective members
- Assists in communicating with members about upcoming schedules, changes in schedules and any other important aquatics information
- To provide a safe and comfortable environment for all swimmers
- To teach all swimmers safety in and around the water
- To provide quality instruction that improves the skills and development of each student based on the JCC swim program
- Assist with aquatics department in daily cleaning and maintenance of the pool and aquatics facilities
- Enrichment class instruction
- Be an instructor for our summer camp classes and assist in training summer camp aquatic staff
- Works with other agency staff for agency-wide special events programs and other events as deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Other assignments as deemed necessary by the Aquatics Director.
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Previous experience working with children preferred teaching swim lessons
- American Red Cross Lifeguard, CPR, and first aid
- If do not have certification then must become certified in first 60 days
- American Red Cross WSI preferred
- Great customer service skills
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Ability to work a consistent schedule
- A love of children and a desire to teach
with Kingsbury Club Medfield
Job Summary: Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency. Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services. Act as an ambassador of club programming.
- Guard patrons as they swim.
- Inform members of current programming and pool schedule.
- Monitor cleanliness of pool and pool deck and perform maintenance when necessary. Alert Aquatics Director of any major issues.
- Check and Record chemical readings at required times.
Hours and Availability: 10-40 Hours Per week. Monday-Friday 5:00 AM-3:00 PM (Time can be divided depending on daily availability) with Weekend hours available.
Experience/Certifications: Lifeguard, CPR/AED, First Aid. Previous Lifeguard experience preferred.
with Binghamton University
Binghamton University: Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swim Coach
Assisting in all aspects of a Division I intercollegiate program under the direction of the head coach including instruction, conducting practice and teaching skill development, planning, recruiting, budget, team travel, scheduling, practice and serving as an academic advising liaison.
About Binghamton University: Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character – shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life – promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 17,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Binghamton University in an equal opportunity employer which bases its employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws of the State of New York. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website http://www.binghamton.edu/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed “To the Search Committee.”
Postings active on the website accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Persons interested in the above position should apply online.
– Cover letter and
– Contact information for three professional references.
with St. Johns Country Day School
Assistant Swim Coach
St. Johns seeks a part-time assistant swim coach. Under the direction of the Head Coach, this position will assist in the day to day operation of a year-round competitive aquatic club team utilizing a 25-yard competitive swimming pool at a Pre-K3-Grade 12 private school in Orange Park, FL. The club swim team currently has over 50 members year-round. This position will also assist in the coaching of the school’s varsity swim team. Practices should help participants to reach their full potential while providing a positive and supportive environment that encourages goal setting, work ethic, sportsmanship, and working as part of a team. The coach must attend morning (summer only) and afternoon practices and attend swim meets. This position will be responsible for keeping accurate attendance. Also, included in the responsibilities is summer work with the school’s Summer Camp swim. A successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and supportive coach who builds success through positive coaching.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with the Head Coach to advertise and promote the aquatics club team.
- Prepare workout plans as required.
- Work to support all activities and programs at the facility.
- Attend all competitions at the pool.
- Prepare the facility for all events.
- Communicate regularly with the Head Coach and Facility Administrator on all matters of policy.
- Work to inspire young people while building relationships with parents.
- Assures that the aquatics program is supporting the interests and mission of the school.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Pass a background check
- US Swimming Coach Certification
- Certified Lifeguard
- ASCA level 1 or higher
- Competitive swimming experience.
- 1 year club coaching experience.
Please send cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
with Judson University
Judson University is looking for a coach for its new men’s and women’s swim program for the 2018-19 school year. This position is full-time, and we are searching for a head coach who can direct all aspects of this program, including recruiting, scheduling, practice and meet management, fundraising, budget management and promoting the spiritual, academic and athletic development of student-athletes. Previous experience as a college swimming coach is preferred and a Bachelor’s degree is required. Judson is located in Elgin, Illinois and has access to one of the best aquatics facilities in the region. Judson is a member of the N.A.I.A. and the N.C.C.A.A. Salary will be approx. $35 – $40,000.
Judson, a 4-year, Liberal Arts University, is a conservative, evangelical Christian University that represents the Church at work in higher education. Established in 1963, it is located 40 miles west of Chicago in Elgin, Illinois and has a traditional student body of approximately 1,300.
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected].
with Imagine Swimming, Inc.
General Function: The Assistant Synchronized Swimming Coach is responsible for providing
synchronized swimming instruction to team members in various age groups. The incumbent will
write and execute their training programs for their designated swimming group, pending Head
Coach Paola’s approval. All coaches are responsible for the appropriate positive behavior of all
swim team members during practices and competitions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs assigned coaching responsibilities, which may include practices, recruiting, record keeping & scheduling. Recruits prospective team members & provides information about Imagine Synchro team fee structure.
Attends all staff meetings & trainings as required.
Follows all Imagine Swimming and Imagine Synchro policies, rules regulations & procedures, including emergency procedures. Completes incident & accident reports as necessary.
Assists with overseeing conduct of swim team members at competitions & other team functions. Attends competitions & functions as agreed upon with the Head Coach.
Maintains effective communication with participants & parents. Assume all other responsibilities as deemed necessary or assigned.
with D&J Sports
D&J Sports has an opening for full-time retail store and swim meet staff in Austin and San Antonio. This person will be responsible for the day-to-day retail store operations including sales, stock and team business for the area.
***Applicant must be willing to relocate to the Austin, TX or San Antonio, TX for this position.
Areas of responsibility include:
Retail store sales and events
Replenishing the showroom floor
Promoting and marketing the business
Dealing with customer queries and complaints
Overseeing pricing and inventory control
Maximizing profitability and meeting sales targets
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Basic computer skills which include but not limited to Microsoft Word and Excel and ability to use a company provided e-mail
Exceptional organizational, time management skills and attention to detail
Ability to be able to handle multiply accounts in a timely matter and maintain relationships in a competitive industry
Proficiency in inventory software, databases and systems
Able to work with several materials such as polyester, nylon or other such materials
Able to create a team environment and the ability to work with others in a retail environment
Reliability/dependability — no attendance issues
Able to handle several tasks at a time and remain focused
Knowledge of the sport of swimming is preferred but not required
Able to travel to events on an as needed basis which will include nights or weekends
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
– A degree in any discipline is acceptable for entry into this position
– Basic computer skills such as Microsoft Word and Excel required
– Exceptional multi-tasking skills and the ability to handle more than one customer at a time
– Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
– Swimming or sports related knowledge is preferred.
This position will require you to work in a fast pace environment and be able to handle multiple tasks at one time.
Driving retail and team sales to maximize profits and market share and a team leader than can maximize your potential.
Able to travel to events on an as needed basis.
with Mid-Cities Arlington Swimming (MARS)
QUALIFICATIONS: Previous experience working with children in an instructional and/or athletic setting USA Swimming Coach Certification. Current CPR and first Aid Certification Enthusiasm for swimming activities. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills Mentally and physically fit. Nineteen years of age or older Previous experience working with children.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: Emphasize the development of sound technical fundamentals in the four competitive strokes and implement the training process in order for swimmers to develop their full potential. Uphold and adhere to safety rules. Maintain an accurate and current roster. Enthusiastically promote the activities of the swim club. Communicate with swimmers, parents, and other USAS staff in a professional and courteous manner. Keep abreast of innovative practices. Be adaptable and flexible in acceptance of changes in techniques and procedures. Attend all required meetings. Assist in maintaining USAS records for dues, meet entry, and travel. Preparation of a weekly informational e-mail to your groups. Keep abreast of innovative practices. Be adaptable and flexible in acceptance of changes in techniques and procedures. Attend all required meetings. Participate in mandatory continuing education/in-service as required by State law. Perform safety checks of the facility and equipment as directed. Maintain a professional level of confidentiality regarding all team matters. Support the goals and objectives of the team and follow team policies. Perform other duties as assigned.
with 92nd Street Y
92nd Street Y Flying Dolphins Swim Team (YFD), located on Manhattan’s Upper East Side, is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, well-organized, and enthusiastic individual to take on leadership responsibilities for our Age Group Program. 92nd Street Y Flying Dolphins is committed to promoting personal development and the pursuit of excellence (mind, body, spirit) so that each participant can be the best they can be in all aspects of life while helping each athlete reach their highest potential within our sport. On deck coaching hours are Monday thru Friday between 4:00 and 8:30pm, Sat 3:00pm-5:00pm, and Sunday 6:00am- 8:00am plus required competitions. YFD Swimming is looking for an individual who is a team player with swim coaching experience. The candidate must possess ASCA level 1 or higher preferred. 3+ years of USA coaching experience preferred, and pass all required background checks. The individual’s experience should illustrate exceptional management, communication and motivational skills, team-building and community involvement. The candidate should be able to provide relevant examples of teaching quality technique as well as have a record of producing well-rounded swimmers.
Salary is very competitive and commensurate with experience. Team information can be found at www.flyingdolphinsswimteam.com