with St. Andrew's School of Delaware
St. Andrew’s is looking for a head swim coach for the 2017-2018 winter season, officially beginning November 10, lasting until the end of February 2018. The candidate should have coaching experience with high school students ranging from beginning swimmers to those looking to compete collegiately. A head coach would need to plan effective practices for the whole range of swimmers, help coordinate and host meets at the St. Andrew’s pool, and manage team logistics like equipment and swimwear. We’re looking for someone who can inspire, who believes in student-athletes, who can work with other coaches, who can teach positively and effectively, who understands the joys and purpose of high school athletics, and who honors students for the evolving people that they are.
The swim team has full use of our aquatic center: six lanes, 25 meters. Almost all meets are home. Additionally, none of our swimmers participate in club teams during the season.
Last year both boys and girls won the conference title, the boys for the 10th time in the last 11 years. In the 2017 state tournament, the boys came in fourth, and the girls came in tenth.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Will Speers, Associate Head of School at [email protected].
with Trinity College - Ferris Sports Center
Trinity College in Hartford CT, an NCAA Division III, liberal arts and science college in the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC), is seeking to fill a full time assistant coach for both our men’s and women’s swimming & diving teams.
DUTIES: Responsibilities include assisting the head coach in the development of leading and organizing all facets of a Division III men’s and women’s swimming program, knowledge of and adherence to NESCAC and NCAA rules, recruiting, practice planning and execution, teaching responsibilities and mentoring student-athletes. The assistant coach will also have administrative duties within the Department.
· Taxable housing benefit provided by the college
· Medical & Dental Insurance plan for purchase
· 1 meal per day in the dining hall
· Tuition remission to take graduate classes here at Trinity
Trinity College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants with disabilities should request, in advance, any accommodation in order to participate more fully in the application process.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree. Proven successful men’s and/or women’s swimming coaching experience and/or college swimming experience. Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, advanced social media skills, and a strong knowledge of Hy-tek and Meet Manager software. Ability to teach physical education courses in aquatics preferred. Candidate should be considering a career in college coaching.
Review on applicants will begin immediately until position is filled.
with Marlins of Raleigh
The Marlins Of Raleigh Swim Team has a full time position as Site Coach and Pool Manager. MOR is looking for an enthusiastic, organized and driven individual to manage our new facility at Silverton in Cary, NC. and coach the MOR swim team at this site that will be starting from scratch. There are 10,000 swimmers in the local summer league with multiple summer league teams in close proximity of the Silverton Site to draw from.
The Successful full-time candidate should be an accomplished swim coach able to work with ages 8-U –13-14, have pool management skills, good people skills, self discipline, and a good team player. They will also be responsible for initiating swim lessons program, and overseeing masters swimming and other aquatic programing. They should have a college degree and all required USA Swimming certifications and be able to pass USA Swimming Background screening. Only individuals who currently reside in the US should apply. This position begins Sept. 1, 2017 or as soon as possible. Compensation will be competitive since it is both pool manager and coach.
MOR is North Carolina’s only Gold Medal Club and had 13 swimmers at the 2016 US Olympic Trials. MOR has grown from 6 to 600 swimmers since 2001 and has a current full time staff of 9. The Raleigh area was voted the #7 best swim city by USA Swimming.
with YMCA Red Bank Swim Team
The Community YMCA Red Bank Swim Team is seeking a full-time Associate Head Coach for its year round competitive swim team of 335 swimmers at its Camp Zehnder/Wall facility located at the Jersey Shore in southern Monmouth County. Red Bank took 2ndplace at this summer’s 2017 YMCA Long Course National Championships and was the 2016 New Jersey YMCA State Champions. The Swim Team Associate Head Coach/Camp Zehnder Site Coach is responsible for the supervision and direction of a safe, positive and organized competitive swimming program in accordance with the YMCA of the USA and the Community YMCA that will support youth development in spirit, mind and body, strengthen family support and encourage social responsibility.
Salary Range of $42,500-47,500, plus benefits, 7% contribution to retirement.
Community Relations / Marketing
- Promote team in Southern Monmouth County
- Provide excellent member service
- Maintain positive communications between YMCA, coaches, and Swim Team Parents
- Create a positive program environment with encouragement, goal setting and positive reinforcement
- Support in all development of the swim team program while providing a program that is culturally balanced and fits the needs of the Southern Monmouth County Community.
- Present a professional image
- Assist in staff training, supervision, and development
- Maintain instructor level certification to assist in staff training (i.e. First Aid & CPR)
- Attend or Lead YMCA and Swim Team program meetings/trainings as needed or assigned
Program Development – Coaching
- Establish consistency throughout all areas of the program.
- Design and deliver practice sessions that teach competitive swimming stroke skills and train swimmers in preparation for competition
- Develop and run clinics in the off-season for high school swimmers.
- Coordinate with aquatic director about swim lessons and pre-teen programs. Assist in site operations.
- Attend all meets, including overnight travel.
- Manage and coach the summer swim team.
- Act as site supervisor when head coach is not on site.
- Lead coaching responsibilities for the site.
- Maintain rosters and attendance records for all age groups within the program
- Evaluate team members and record progress
- Attend and help facilitate parent meetings, competitions and team activities
- Maintain constant visual contact with all program participants
- Ensure safety of all participants
- Maintain swim team equipment, advise supervisor of equipment needs or hazards.
- Complete accident/incident reports as necessary
- Know, support and enforce The Community YMCA, Family Health and Wellness branch and program policies
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Minimum age of 21.
- BS Degree
- Incumbent should have a minimum of five years of competitive swimming coaching
- Must be knowledgeable in a variety of techniques; be flexible, patient, enthusiastic and well organized
- Ability to complete certifications in CPR, First Aid, Lifeguarding, Coaches Safety Training for Swim Coaches as well as Principles of YMCA Competitive Swimming & Diving within six months of employment.
Maintain the physical requirements necessary to maintain safety certifications. Must be able to stand or sit on the pool deck for up to four hours. Must be able to observe participants and communicate clearly.
Must be able to think in the abstract, solve problems, make decisions, instruct, evaluate and remember. Must be able to communicate clearly with both children and adults.
with iSwim Cayman + Safety School
iSwim Cayman + Safety School is seeking a Swim Instructor/Coach.
About Us: We are a mobile swim school, teaching all ages and abilities at their home or complex swimming pools.
Swim Instructor/ Coach Requirements:
with YMCA of Greater New York
The YMCA of Greater New York reaches half a million New Yorkers through programs that focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Prospect Park YMCA is seeking for an experienced individual who will maintain safe conditions in and around the swim area. The Aquatic Deck Supervisor will promote a safe and positive atmosphere in accordance with YMCA aquatics policies and procedures, and will provide swim instruction for different ages and ability levels. This person will also provide deck supervision during program times, assist the Aquatics Director with maintaining records, and ensure participants/parent concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
- Enforce aquatics safety rules consistently and fairly.
- Ensure instructional equipment remains in good condition; have all equipment ready prior to classes and put away after.
- Know and understand the Emergency Action Plan and Emergency Evacuation Routes.
- Maintain positive relationships with class participants, parents, non-class members and staff.
- Assist the Aquatics Director with office duties including, but not limited to: retrieving and responding to messages, assisting with program and staff schedules, assisting in maintaining class ratios when needed, and covering Lifeguard and/or Swim Instructor shifts when needed.
- Support and assist with fundraising and program events.
- Follow the directions of the YMCA aquatic supervisors in accordance with YMCA aquatic standards
- Actively participate in all training sessions, designated meetings and fundraising events.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience working as a lifeguard, swim instructor or in a related field.
- Current YMCA or Red Cross Lifeguard certification or equivalent. Must obtain YMCA Lifeguard certification within 90 days of hire.
- Current YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor certification or equivalent. Must obtain YMCA Swim Lesson certification within 120 days of hire.
- Current CPRO, First Aid and Emergency Oxygen certifications.
- Demonstrate swim strokes, lifeguard rescues and CPRO/FA/EO skills.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays.
with Forest Hills Swim Team
The Head Coach will have full wet-side responsibilities including:
- Develop, plan, organize, and lead our competitive swim program.
- Lead, recruit, develop and supervise coaching staff.
- Develop and communicate a Team Vision and Goals.
- Consistently evaluate and improve program to ensure sustained achievement and growth of all swimmers and the program itself.
- Aid with swimmer recruitment
- Manage and evaluate athlete goal setting, focusing on stroke technique and individual as well team achievements.
- Parent/swimmer education and communication.
- Work with Meet Director to plan, organize and schedule meets.
- Collaborate and support Governing Board in development of team budget, fee structure and fundraising activities.
- Oversee and participate in daily practice setup and cleanup
The right candidate will have good people and organizational skills; enjoy mentoring youth; have enthusiasm for the sport; focus heavily on developing character and sportsmanship; and be knowledgeable about swim, stroke techniques, and helping swimmers improve.
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills.
- Proficient computer skills (Team Unify, Team Manager, Meet Manager, Office)
- Strong background in competitive swimming with a minimum of 2 years progressive coaching experience.
- Experience in developing swimmers from novice to high-level swimmers.
- Ability to effectively communicate appropriate goals and progressions to swimmers and parents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of stroke technique progression, dryland progression, training progression and taper strategies for all levels.
- Member in good standing with USA Swimming and current on all background checks and certifications.
- Access to a network of resources to stay updated on latest psychological, visualization and teaching methods.
Candidates must be available for the following (NO EXCEPTIONS):
- Spring Clinic Practices (optional to swimmers) Mid April for two weeks
- Spring and Summer Team Practices: April- June: Mon-Thurs 4-8
June-August: Mon-Friday 7:15 to 12pm
- Parent Orientation: one weekday evening, mid-February
- Board Meetings: one evening per month, most of the year (8 meetings)
- Meets and Invitationals
with Black Hawk Area Swim Team
The Black Hawk Area Swim Team is looking to hire a Full Time Senior Coach with the possibility of advancement. The coach would lead, design, and foster systematic growth for our Senior swimmers while in line with the BLAST Mission Statement/Vision/Values (see website). BLAST trained 220 swimmers last winter and our numbers continue to rise. We currently have 1 Junior National qualifier, 4 Futures qualifiers, and 16 Sectional qualifiers at the senior level.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices with knowledge of stroke/skill technique in accordance with the Head Coach/Program Director and Senior Coaching staff.
- Abide by the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and BLAST policies and procedures.
- 5+ years swim coaching experience and current swim coaching certification.
- Establish a local presence and reputation within ISI, the Central Region, and USA Swimming via clinics, volunteering, etc.
- Plan and execute team-building and social functions.
- Current certification in CPR, First Aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches.
Ideal Candidate possesses:
- Proven success coaching all levels.
- Strong core values that include respect, trust, and integrity.
- Cooperative and respectful communication style with swimmers, parents, and co-workers.
- Capability to develop talent at all levels.
- Desire to increase the number of athletes who swim into their high school and collegiate years and increase the number of athletes who qualify for championship opportunities.
- Ability and desire to develop into a Head Coach/Program Director.
- Knowledge of programs including Hy-Tek, Meet Manager, Team Unify, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Current ASCA Membership.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Head Coach/Program Director in all areas as/where needed, when necessary.
- Submit all written practices to Head Coach/Program Director.
- Coach all Senior group members (or others designated) at all meets.
- Maintain and pursue continuing education related to all athletes at his/her level about proper stroke technique.
- Responsible for implementing/enforcing any and all rules or guidelines as outlined in the Team Handbook.
- Ensure proper communication pertaining to Senior groups and parents including weekly group communications.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Determine Senior group members’ events for meet entries and submit/approve entries by team’s registration deadline.
- Must be able to show unwavering support and the belief in program structure as a whole, the philosophies of the Head Coach/Program Director, and be willing to assist in all areas whenever appropriate.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
with Tacoma Swim Club
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Supervise staff of 7+ part time coaches. Responsible for selection, development, education, communication & coordination of coaches to ensure consistent application of programs across all training levels
- Develop team workouts, including dryland, while directly coaching at least one primary training group. Assist with other training groups as necessary.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends, travel is required.
- Lead, inspire and encourage athletes to maximize their individual performance, Mentor coaches to effectively lead young athletes
- Seek out and implement new coaching techniques for continuous improvement
- Maintain an appropriate balance between technique work and yardage
- Recruit, retain, and grow the team
- Oversee all aspects of club daily operation in support of the Board of Directors goals and objectives. Strong organizational skills are a must.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with parents, athletes and board members.
- Communicate with other teams and/or PNS regarding meet participation and entries.
- Maintain and update website information regarding practice schedules, meet entries, news, etc.
- Various administrative functions such as pool scheduling
- Participate in monthly board meetings, keeping members informed of team operation and performance. Work with the board to ensure club goals and objectives are met.
- Act as a team representative while attending LSC meetings
- Maintain accurate records of individuals and relay performances, meet participation, practice attendance and more.
- Follow and enforce TSC board policies and procedures. Maintain professional standard of safety, appearance and readiness
- Must be CPR/AED certified and maintain current coaching certification
- ASCA level 3 (or higher) certification preferred
- Strong track record as an outstanding technical swim coach with demonstrated leadership and communication skills
- Advanced experience coaching various ages and skill levels in a competitive environment
- High-level swimming experience at the club and collegiate level.
- Experienced with TeamUnify and HyTek
- Ability to set and achieve individual and team goals and encourage others to do the same
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
with City of Corvallis
Aquatics Center Supervisor
$63,085.56 – $80,514.72 Annually
Full-Time, non-represented, management exempt position, 12-Month Probationary Period
The Aquatics Center Supervisor plans, organizes, and promotes aquatics and other recreational activities for the community; and manages aquatics facility operations, staff, and programs ensuring the safety and security of operations and in compliance with public health, safety, and local regulations and policies. These tasks are illustrative only and may include other related duties.
Must have Associate’s or 2-year degree in recreation, business administration, public health, or related field and 6 years increasingly responsible work experience in a community based aquatic facility, including at least 2 years of supervisory experience, OR Bachelor’s degree and 4 years work experience with 2 years of supervisory experience. Current Lifeguarding, First Aid/ CPR/AED for the professional rescuer and Healthcare Provider Certifications required. Must have possession or ability to obtain and maintain a valid Oregon Driver License. Must have ability to pass a background check and/or a criminal history check.
with Qatar Swimming Association
|Minimum 15 years of Experience in coaching & Development.|
|How to apply :|
|Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and current resume to Qatar Swimming Association Recruiter, at [email protected]|
with Foothills Swim Team
Assistant Coach position with the Foothills Swim Team in Lakewood, Colorado
Foothills Swim Team is actively seeking a highly motivated and committed coach to fill the role of Assistant Helper Coach to begin in September 2017. Foothills Swim Team is a year-round competitive swimming program offering instruction, training, and competition for young people ages 5 and up. We have over 180 USA registered swimmers and practice at three locations: Carmody Recreation center (50 meters by 25 yards), Lilley Gulch recreation center (6-lane 25 Meter), and Ridge Recreation Center (10-lane 25 yards).
- Minimum 1 + years prior coaching experience as a USA Swimming certified coach.
- American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA) Level 1 or higher
- Must be current on all USA Swimming Coach Membership requirements.
- In good standing with all USA Swimming required safety and background check requirements.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Support the Head Coach in the implementation of team direction and goals with the age group swimmers and training groups.
- Support the age-appropriate swim programs for the swimmers within your assigned training group as defined by the head coach.
- Support the development of each swimmer within the FST membership so that they achieve to their highest potential.
- Support the meet schedules as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Attend all team functions by directive of the Head Coach.
- The ability to work with the entire coaching staff to build a uniform system.
- Passion and enthusiasm for competitive swimming and a “desire to excel” professionally.
Specific Group Responsibilities:
- Assist and coach any specific groups assigned.
- Help implement the seasonal plan with connection to the teams overall goals and direction.
- Assist when needed with FST’s strength conditioning trainer to better the development of all swimmers.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Hourly pay commensurate with experience
- Full Mileage reimbursements
- Full Meal reimbursements
with Beach Cities Swimming
Beach Cities Swimming is seeking qualified applicants for the following position: AGE GROUP COACH The ideal candidate needs to be energetic, knowledgeable, and able to communicate, with parents, fellow coaches and swimmers of all ages. Candidates must be able to work as part of a coaching team and with one or more groups in the age-group and/or senior programs. Must be versatile and do whatever the team needs.
BCS was founded in 2012 and has excelled from entry level swimmer to elite! We have experienced almost 300% growth increase over the last 4 years to reach over 450 swimmers. Beach Cities Swimming is a board run not for profit organization. The Head Coach is in charge of all hiring and wet issues. We swim outdoors at 3 different sites in sunny southern California.
- Previous coaching experience required (ASCA level 2 or higher preferred).
- 3 + years of USA coaching experience preferred.
- Ability to work, train, and instruct multiple practice groups either from 4pm to 7:30 or 5:30 to 8:30pm M-F. Mornings are determined by group placement and as needed. We have weekend programming as well in addition to meets being on the weekends.
- Strong stroke technique background & teaching base.
- Strong customer service and decision making skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Must take direction from the Head Coach & Head Age Group Coach but have the ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of Team Unify, team administration skills are key.
- Must be energetic, give feedback daily to every swimmer, and be a self-starter.
- Experience with daily workout and season planning.
- All current USA Certifications.
- Planning and Writing daily workouts for your group(s)
- Attending meets as scheduled, at least 1 per month.
- Attend staff meetings and other events as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Keep accurate records for groups including attendance and communicating with the group.
Opportunity: This position offers a fantastic opportunity for advancement with one of the fastest growing, and rapidly improving clubs in southern California. There is always an opportunity for advancement for the right candidate. We offer a very competitive compensation package
Need to fill the positions quickly
with Decatur Family YMCA
Critical Experience, Knowledge, and Skill, and Other Qualifications
- Current member of good standing with USA Swimming (background check, First Aid, CPR, Safety Training for Swim Coaches)
- A strong background in competitive swimming with a minimum of 3-5 years swim coaching experience
- Reliable self-starter who displays energy and positive motivation to swimmers
- Well-versed in Team Unify, Hy-Tek Team Manager and Meet Manager
- Bachelor Degree Preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Passion and enthusiasm for competitive swimming and a clearly demonstrated desire to excel and grow professionally
- Vision for developing the membership of YDSC swimming
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with other coaches, the parent advisory committee, the Y’s management/staff, volunteers, parents and athletes and be a strong advocate for the sport of competitive swimming
- ASCA Level 3 preferred
- Ability to connect our senior swimmers with universities and colleges and assist families in making their child’s goals of swimming post-secondary a reality
Key Head Coach Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day-to-day direction, hands-on guidance, and involvement in all aspects of the swim program, including working closely with parents, swimmers, parent advisory committee and coaching staff.
- Responsible for effectively coaching one or more age group levels as well as setting a strong positive, enthusiastic and highly energetic coaching tone for all age groups.
- Oversees and manages process of meet selection, meet entries, and scheduling and coordinating of home and out of town meets.
- Responsible for recruiting, and managing the performance and professional development of YDSC assistant coaches.
- Represents and serves as an ambassador for YDSC at district meetings and other regional and national swimming meetings and events,.
- Communicates, consults and works closely with YDSC parent advisory committee, including attending committee meetings with reports and updates on the team’s performance and progress.
- Develops and implements the latest and most effective training plans in stroke technique, training, dryland progressions, and taper strategies for a range of swimmer ages and abilities.
- Provides active involvement in the recruitment, development and the progression of swimmers in all of our age groups to grow and maintain team membership.
- Communicates with families and swimmers through a variety of channels and methods, including regular swimmer and parent meetings, newsletters, email, YMCA website, etc.
- Works with swimmers and parents in determining appropriate goals and fosters in swimmers important attitudes and skills such as discipline, goal setting, time management and healthy habits that will benefit them throughout life.
with Highland Park Aquatic Club (HPAC)
HPAC is seeking 2 Assistant Age Group Coaches to help with our 12&Under swimmers. The ideal candidate will be very passionate about the sport of swimming and have prior club or ymca coaching experience. Our 12&Under program is full of bright and eager swimmers and we need a coach who can motivate them to improve. The candidate will work with our Head Age Group Coach in a collaborative relationship to further improve our Age Group program.
- Prior Coaching experience required.
- Thorough knowledge of competitive swimming and stroke mechanics. Enthusiasm to work with children.
- A positive role model.
- Good communicator.
We pride ourselves on paying our coaches well. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
The candidate can expect to work 6-10 hours per week regularly (in the evening time) + swim meets on weekends. This is a perfect part time job for someone who works a 9-5 full time job.