with Town of Concord
The Beede Swim and Fitness Center is seeking a part-time Coach for our Adult Coached Workout Program. Experience coaching or teaching adults is preferred. This is an hourly, part-time position. Practices are Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings from 5:45 am – 7:00 am. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a member-oriented, municipal-owned swim and fitness center that residents take pride in. Our 35,000 square-foot complex combines modern features and equipment with the warmth and friendliness that only a community recreation center can offer. Candidates must be team players, flexible, dependable and motivated. CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Water Safety Instructor, ASCA certification or equivalent required. Lifeguard certification preferred. Pay rate $19.50 –25.00/hour, depending on qualifications.
with Coronado Swim Association
Coronado Swim Association is a year-round competitive swim team located in Coronado, CA. The team typically averages 100 members ages 6 and up from novice to Junior National qualifiers, and has been in been in Coronado for 55 years.
Coronado Swim Association is a non-profit, board-supported program. We are searching for an energetic head-coach/executive director to develop our swimmers and continue to grow our program.
The selected applicant will have the opportunity to be mentored by UCSD coach David Marsh.
The CSA Head Coach will be responsible for all aspects of operating a year-round competitive swim program. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Establish workout groups, schedules, and criteria for advancement
- On deck coaching and supervision of senior elite swimmers
- Development and oversight of training programs for all groups
- Develop, mentor and supervise age-group coaches
- Plan team meet schedules
- Attendance and team leadership at swim meets, to include out-of-area meets
- Establish and maintain relationships with regular and timely communication with swimmers, parents, coaches and board members
- Attend monthly Board of Directors meeting
- Hold periodic parent meetings to educate and inform parents
- Serving as team representative with San Diego-Imperial Swimming LSC
- Assist in annual fund raising activities
- Assist in marketing CSA through social media presence
- Be a positive role model, maintain high ethical standards, and adhere to USA Swimming Coaches’ Code of Conduct
The ideal candidate has:
- At least 5 years experience as an age group coach of a competitive swim team
- Up-to-date understanding of latest coaching techniques through research and continuing education through USA Swimming or ASCA
- Ability and desire to work with parents as part of swimmer development
- ASCA level 2 or higher
- Bachelor’s degree and personal experience in competitive swimming at the college level
- Track record of swimmer retention and recruitment
- Track record of swimmer development at the national level
- Experience with Team Unify and Hy-Tek
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as demonstrated ability to foster teamwork
Must be a USA-Swimming registered swim coach and able to pass the USA-Swimming background check and USA Swimming Athlete Protection Program.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Salary based on experience with incentives including swim team membership growth, ASCA certification level and team performance.
Please email resume, along with coaching philosophy, names of references and salary expectation to [email protected]
with William Jewell College
FLSA Status: Exempt – Full time 10-month assignment
The Assistant Swimming Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Swimming Coach with the management and administration of all activities related to his/her sport including recruiting, training, and coaching student-athletes participating in the sports. The Assistant Swim Coach is fully responsible for compliance with National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) regulations as well as Great Lakes Valley Conference (GLVC) rules and all College policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the conduct of in-season and out-of-season training sessions.
- On deck coaching responsibility attending practices as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Evaluating talent and recruiting prospective student-athletes.
- Demonstrated commitment to NCAA and conference rules and regulations.
- Participating in community service and fund-raising activities.
- Comply with all administrative staff on reports and forms that need to be completed.
- Follow college policy of receiving advanced approval for all purchases over $500, any hotel or flight in accordance with the Expense Authorization policy of the College.
- Monitor the travel roster online to assure that it is completed prior to travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience coaching swimming at the college, high school, age group level and/or equivalent professional experience.
- Effective communicator, written and verbal.
- Experience in recruiting and/or team management.
- Competitive experience at the collegiate level.
- An understanding of the rules and policies of the NCAA.
Normal office environment as well as indoor and outdoor athletics facilities. Evening, weekend, and travel work required. Physically able to lift 25 pounds and attend practice and competitive sessions indoors and outdoors
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
with City of Corvallis
Aquatics Program Coordinator
City of Corvallis, Oregon
The Aquatics Program Coordinator facilitates the operations of the Osborn Aquatic Center through development, implementation, promotion, and oversight of water safety education, fitness, therapy, recreation, certification and other programs for children, adults, and/or senior citizens. Coordinate the work of casual staff and volunteers. Promote and oversee the facility rental and special event programs. These tasks are illustrative only and may include other related duties. Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required; additional education preferred. Two years relevant experience in aquatics operations as a Lifeguard or Instructor, including experience in an office applying business practices and procedures. One year of post-secondary education may substitute for up to one year of experience. Previous lifeguarding and water safety teaching experience is required. Current Certification Requirements include: lifeguarding, first aid, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and Healthcare Provider, and swimming instruction and water safety. Other certifications required during probationary period. Possession or ability to obtain and maintain a valid Oregon Driver License. Ability to pass a pre-employment physical exam, water skills test, and a background check and/or a criminal history check. FT, 40 hours per week may include early mornings, late evenings, weekend, and holidays, AFSCME-represented position, 12-month probationary period.
with The Wave-Wave Ryders Swim Team
Position: Head Swim Coach
- Must be a registered coach with USA Swimming.
- Must possess Safety Training for Swim Coaches certification.
- Lifeguard Certification preferred but not required.
- Must possess current CPR and AED certifications.
- Must possess a current First Aid certification.
- Must have ASCA certification level 2 and the equivalent of 3 years coaching experience.
- Must demonstrate a high level of maturity and have a proven record of responsibility.
Status: Part Time. Position may be combined with other part time work to contribute toward full time status.
Compensation: $14.00-$17.00/hour DOE
- Competitive Wage
- Social Security and Medicare Contributions
- State Unemployment Insurance
- Full membership
- Employee Discounts
Schedule: Variable shifts. Weekends and evenings necessary.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Submit letter of interest and resume to Lisa by e-mailing [email protected]. Feel free to call or stop by as well.
Summary of Work:
The Head Swim Coach plays an integral part in the continuum of quality swim instruction at The Wave. Providing a positive environment where each swimmer has the opportunity to reach their potential as a swimmer technically, physically, and mentally.
Job Description: A complete job description is available upon request.
with SafeSplash Swim School Fremont
SafeSplash Fremont is looking for friendly, caring, energetic, and fun loving Swim Instructors, great pays and guaranteed hours. These jobs are ideal for college students, stay-home parents, and professionals. Local or past competitive swimmers, swim instructors are highly desirable. Submit your resume today!
Pay Rate: $13~$20/hr Part-time, Starting Date: ASAP
Work Hours: 10 ~ 20hrs /week, weekdays or weekends around your personal/school schedule.
TOP REASONS to work at SafeSplash Fremont:
(1) Competitive pay rate & periodic raises
(2) 5* Yelp Reviews, our customers love us
(3) Small and close knit team
(4) Year-round part-time jobs with career & growth opportunity
(5) Nice indoor environment, modern facility
• Good at working with children and adults
• Good to have competitive swim experience
• Swim coaching or instructing experience (not required), we provide paid training with our curriculum
• Lifeguard Certificate (required for lifeguard position)
with Oberlin College and Conservatory
The Oberlin College Department of Athletics and Physical Education invites applications for the position of Assistant Coach of Men’s and Women’s Swimming. This is a full-time, 12-month Administrative and Professional Staff position, reporting to the Director of Athletics and Physical Education and working with the Head Coach of Men’s and Women’s Swimming.
This position will be responsible for assisting the Head Coach of Men’s and Women’s Swimming in all aspects of coaching, recruiting, and administering within the swimming program. The incumbent will also have secondary department and physical education administrative responsibilities including scheduling pool rentals, supervising the lifeguard staff, and lifeguard staff payroll.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree required; three years of coaching and/or relevant competitive experience; strong administrative, organizational, and communication skills; ability to recruit and evaluate prospective student-athletes; organize official visits including assigning hosts, and create itineraries while adhering to all NCAA Division III regulations. Current certification as an American Red Cross (or equivalent) Lifeguard Training Instructor is highly recommended. Knowledge of Hy-Tek Meet and Team Manager Software is desirable as well.
with The City of New Braunfels
The two-time Texas Recreation and Park Society’s Gold Medalist New Braunfels Parks and Recreation Department is looking for passionate and enthusiastic people to be valued team members of DAS REC, New Braunfels Recreation Center. DAS REC provides 77,000 square feet of something for everyone. For more information visit www.dasrec.com.
OUR TEAM: The Das Rec Swim Team is a city run USA swim program that is housed at Das Rec, New Braunfels Recreation Center. The program offers junior and senior group swimming that emphasizes stroke techniques, interval training, and a supportive environment.
GENERAL PURPOSE: Under general supervision of the Aquatic Supervisor and following the goals and mission statement of Das Rec and New Braunfels Parks and Recreation, The Head Swim Coach is responsible for managing and leading the USA swim program.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Promote a safe team-oriented environment and spirit of competitiveness.
- Plan and run practices for each age group.
- Maintain control and safety of swimmers by following proper precautions and regulations.
- Provide stroke technique instruction for all levels of swimmers.
- Organize dryland workouts for all levels of swimmers.
- Build relationships with participants and parents.
- Communicate effectively with Das Rec management.
- Prepare meet lineups and meet entries.
- Knowledge of event programming and coordinating (Hy-Tek experience preferred).
- Works cohesively with assistant coaches and aquatic management team.
- Follow all facility policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma. Experience as a head coach, or extensive experience as an assistant coach for at least 3 years for a recognized swim club. Competitive swim experience.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License
- USA Swim Coach Certification
- Valid American Red Cross CPR/AED, First-Aid certification or the ability to obtain certification within 6 months of employment.
Required Knowledge of:
- Operational characteristics of a USA swim team.
- Promotion and enforcing safe practices.
- Knowledge of facility and team policies.
- Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects, demands and events.
- Supervising assistant coaches and delegating tasks.
Required Skill in:
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative and effective working relationships with City employees, facility lessees and guests, assistant coaches, swim team members, event sponsors and vendors, and the general public.
- Effective, clear and concise communication, both verbally and in writing.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment:
- Work is performed in an indoor environment, with potential exposure to hazardous chemicals, wet surfaces, pool maintenance equipment, infectious diseases and blood borne pathogens; is subject to sitting, standing, bending and reaching for extended periods of time; and must be able to safely pull, push, lift and carry items weighing up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to work flexible work schedule and irregular hours including weekdays, weekends, holidays and evenings.
- May be required to work immediately before, during or after an emergency disaster.
with Health and Fitness
Candidates should have 3+ years coaching experience, be energetic with an understanding of swimmer development and stroke technique, a “self-starter” with a strong work ethic. Candidate must also be a team player who is able to work with other coaches in a leadership and assistant capacity.
Responsibilities will include lead and assist different training groups during practice and swim meets, complete meet entries, and attend pertinent meetings.
Hours are Monday-Friday from 4-7:30pm and Saturday 8-10am.
with University of Mount Union
The University of Mount Union is seeking applicants for the Assistant Coach position for the 2018-2019 season. This is a full-time position with benefits. You will work with both the Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving teams. Mount Union is an NCAA DIII school competing in the Ohio Athletic Conference. The college is located in Alliance, OH and features approximately 2,300 students on campus. The natatorium was recently a part of a multi-million dollar renovation to the athletics building. Assistant Coach will experience all facets of collegiate coaching with instruction and aid.
Job duties include: Team management, assistance in planning and coaching all phases of the program (practice, dryland, lifting), recruiting (correspondence & travel), individual evaluation and technique instruction, meet preparation (line-up & software), statistics and general office needs
Required: Bachelor’s Degree, strong knowledge of stroke techniques, collegiate swimming experience, Coaching experience, ability to understand and motivate athletes, communicate effectively with staff
Highly Preferred: Previous collegiate coaching experience, experience and knowledge of recruiting
Send Applications to:
Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving Coach
Applications will be considered immediately. Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume as soon as possible. Any questions can be directed to the email address above.
The Lake Erie Silver Dolphins (LESD) is seeking a Lead Site Coach for Erie, PA practice location for the USA Swim Club. Lead Site Coach will coach and manage all practice groups in the Erie, PA area. This is a part-time position requiring 10-15 hours per week, beginning as soon as possible. The Lead Site Coach reports to the LESD Head Coach and the LESD Chief Administrator.
About the Lake Erie Silver Dolphins (LESD)
LESD is the top-ranked USA Swim Team in the Lake Erie Swimming District and creates opportunities for each swimmer to develop to his/her potential not only in the pool but as a world-class citizen. LESD has six practice locations across Ohio and Pennsylvania and is part of the Lake Erie Swimming LSC with novice to Olympic level athletes. LESD coaches have a unique opportunity to collaborate with each other, coach other swimmers at meets, travel to high profile meets, and grow their coaching skills and careers.
LESD is seeking a dynamic and passionate coach who is committed to expanding swimmers’ abilities, and working collaboratively with the LESD coaching team. Responsibilities include:
• Coach and manage practice groups, and provide daily feedback to every swimmer
• Teach stroke technique and endurance
• Plan workout routines
• Interact positively with parents, swimmers, and other coaches
• Co-work with other Lead Site Coaches, and work independently at Erie, PA location
• 3+ years coaching and workout/season planning experience required
• Strong leadership skills, and mentality to “keep swimming fun”
• Positive, education-based approach with school age children
• Ability and commitment to work, train, and instruct multiple practice groups in the afternoon every day. Hours will change during holiday breaks & summer schedule.
• Ability to attend majority of swim meets where LESD swimmer(s) are participating
• Strong stroke technique and endurance background; patience working with younger swimmers
• Strong customer service and decision making skills
• Excellent verbal and communication skills
• Knowledge of Hytek Meet Manager, Team Manager, and Team Unify, team administration skills are key
• Must have all current USA Swimming Certifications
with Johnson Ranch Barracudas
Johnson Ranch Racquet Club, a Premier Spare Time Club, is seeking a Head Coach with the primary responsibilities of directing its:
- Recreational Competitive Spring/Summer Swim Team, the Johnson Ranch Barracudas
- Fall/Winter Swim Team, as part of Spare Time Aquatics
Reports To: General Manager, Johnson Ranch Racquet Club
Compensation: The compensation is dependent on the employee’s experience, scope of position and negotiable
Essential Job Functions
Head Coach, Johnson Ranch Barracudas
- Employee is tasked with overseeing the day to day operations of the Johnson Ranch Barracudas which shall include organizing and directing practices to develop its youth swimmers at levels, hiring and management of coaching staff, meet preparation and management, administrative duties, building strong relationships with its swimmers and families, working with and partnering with the Board of Directors, and ensuring the execution of the team’s Mission Statement.
- Attends and participates in all Board meetings.
Site Head Coach, Johnson Ranch Racquet Club, Fall/Winter Spare Time Aquatics
- Employee is tasked with overseeing the day to day operations of the Johnson Ranch Racquet Club Fall/Winter Spare Time Aquatics program which shall include organizing and directing practices to develop its youth swimmers at levels, hiring and management of coaching staff, meet preparation and management, administrative duties, building strong relationships with its swimmers and families, and creating and building upon an organizational Mission Statement.
- Attends and participates in all Board meetings.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Assistant coach or 2 years’ as a Head Coach
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Registered USA Swimming Coach
- Proven success at executing a plan to develop swimmers of all ages at all skill levels
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship builder
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Experience in management, ability to provide clear direction to employees, and highly organized
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and clean drivers record
Johnson Ranch Racquet Club, a Premier Spare Time Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer
with Lionville YMCA
with VELOCITY SWIMMING
Velocity Swimming in Wenatchee, WA is seeking a full-time Head Age Group Coach (ASCA Level 2 or 3 preferred). The Head Age Group Coach is primarily responsible for coaching our 11 to 14-year-old “Bronze Group” swimmers. The group features some Age Group Zone qualifiers but is diverse in its ability range. Additionally, the Head Age Group Coach is expected to teach in and direct our small “Swim America” swim lesson program and oversee and mentor the rest of the age group coaching staff.
Additional duties include assisting with team growth and marketing, directing the team captain program, meet entries for non-championship meets, home meet set up and tear down, upkeep of our meet results and team records, assisting with the team unify website, assisting with team calendar and coaching assignments, filling in for other coaching groups as needed and other duties as assigned. Meet travel per-diem, cell phone allowance, and certification upkeep are paid by the team. Training opportunities may be paid on an as-needed and approved basis. Prospective candidates should be strong leaders who exhibit a desire to assist young swimmers in achieving their goals. Candidates must also possess a set of skills including but not limited to: computer skills with experience in Hy-Tek and Team Unify team management platforms and Office suite of programs, and excellent communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate to parents and swimmers in a positive-collaborative manner. Additional income of up to $120 per week is available through teaching of private sessions to team members on non-meet Saturdays.
with YMCA of Hannibal
Benefits: Full Medical, Vision, HRA, Life, & Y Retirement
The YMCA of Hannibal is seeking a full-time Director of Swimming. The ideal candidate would have a proven track record of successfully coaching participants from beginner swim lessons to competitive swim team levels. Job Summary and Responsibilities are listed below:
The Director of Swimming is responsible for the coaching, management and operation of the Hannibal Hurricanes Swim Team, Group and Private Swim Lesson Program, and Master Swim Program.
Director of Swimming General Responsibilities:
- Plan, prepare and conduct swim team practices.
- Hire and Work with assistant coaches to develop and administer appropriate plans for all swimmers in the HHST Swim Team.
- Be proficient in creating work outs for all age groups and skill levels
- Work with assistant coaches to ensure continuity in athlete development.
- Actively participate in and work with the Heartland Area, River Country, and Ozark swim leagues in order to assure team participation in all available swim meets, invitational meets and championships meets
- Attend scheduled Practices and Swim Meets
- Prepare meet entries and provide on deck coaching at all age group meets.
- Maintain accurate records of attendance and training. Plan and monitor incentive program for swimmers.
- Establish group guidelines for swimmers and evaluate athletes periodically and make recommendations for progression through the program.
- Work closely with Aquatics Director in coordinating pool needs; practice times, meets, etc. As well as tracking monthly swim fees
- Work closely with Wellness Director in coordinating dry land sessions for the swimmers
- Perform various administrative duties, including communication with parents via email, phone, bulletin board, mailbox system and team website.
- Coordinate parent volunteer responsibilities in the areas of; home and away swim meets (timers/recorders, officials, score keepers, and runners), swim team fundraising, and working with any parent volunteer leaders.
- Be proficient with Hytek (meet manager and team manager), On Deck, and Colorado Timing System. Maintain routine maintenance of CTS
Swim Lessons/Master Swim
- Plan, prepare and staff group/private swim lessons.
- Oversee quality and development of swim lessons/master swim program
- Interact positively with swimmers, parents, co-workers and the general public
- Have knowledge of proper swimming skills and be able to communicate these clearly to swimmers
Skills, Education, and Experience:
- W.S.I and/or YMCA Lifeguard Instructor Certification
- CPR, First Aid, AED, Blood borne Pathogens Instructor Certification
- YMCA Progressive Swim Certifications preferred
- Certified Lifeguard, Principles of Aquatic Leadership, Swim Instructor certified preferred
- USA swimming coach’s certification
- Minimum 2-year experience as a swim instructor or swim coach.
- Knowledgeable in “Meet Manager” software for swim meet scoring
- College Degree preferred
Swimming, speaking, hearing, seeing, reading, writing, typing, lifting, walking, standing
The Director of Swimming will work in both an office setting with use of computer and other office equipment to perform job functions, as well as performing on the pool deck and other areas of the Aquatics Center.
Please submit resume and applications to Eric Abts, Executive Director by Friday, October 12th 2018 by mail to:
YMCA of Hannibal #1 YMCA Drive, Hannibal MO 63401 or by email [email protected]