Applications due 08/22/22
Date posted: July 29, 2022
Location: Thornton, CO, USA
HEAD AGE GROUP COACH
Front Range Barracudas (CUDA-CO) are a USA Swim team located in North Metro Denver. CUDA is seeking an energetic, passionate and qualified individual for the position of Head Age Group Coach. Our ideal candidate possesses a strong work ethic and innovate approach to swimming and age group coaching. This position reports directly to the CUDA head coach. Expected start date is September 1, 2022.
Our primary training facility for our approximately 215-member team is a 10 lane 50-meter indoor pool located in Thornton, CO. Other local facilities are used as well. We host 4 large meets annually (ranging from 700-1,300 athletes.) Cuda has hosted the LSC short course championship meet for the past decade. We have made measurable growth on USA Swimming’s Virtual Club Championship Rankings, and have a goal to continue that progress.
Duties and Tasks (include but are not limited to):
▪ Work with head coach to design and implement seasonal plans for CUDA age group athletes.
▪ Work with the head coach to set goals and provide appropriate feedback for the age group coaches.
▪ Lead regular meetings with age group coaching staff.
▪ Lead age group in practice on a daily basis.
▪ Work with dryland coach to design and implement seasonal strength plans for all CUDA age group athletes.
▪ Assist with planning meet schedule that gives best competitive opportunities to CUDA athletes.
▪ Host and plan well organized information meetings at the beginning of short course and long course seasons.
▪ Responsible for communication and scheduling try-outs (based on space available) for all potential new swimmers.
▪ Responsible for working with vendor on all awards for home meets.
▪ Demonstrate strong and reliable communication skills to parents and swimmers, including, but not limited to, meet deadlines, and informational meeting reminders.
▪ Demonstrate professional and courteous communication skills when interacting with parents, coaches and facility staff members.
▪ Responsible for effectively assessing swimmers and communicating group move ups at the end of each season.
▪ Must maintain all appropriate certifications.
Front Range Barracudas offer for this full-time salaried position:
▪Health and dental insurance.
▪401K retirement matching up to 4%
▪Short course and long course season performance bonuses
▪Reimbursement for job specific certifications
▪Potential relocation stipend
How to Apply
If interested, please submit resume, cover letter and references to Andrew Brand / [email protected]