As the Manager of Aquatics you roles and responsibilities will include but not limited to working closely with the leadership group to focus most on the SwimLabs product of teaching swimming technique to learn to swim, competitive, triathlete, and other related activities in the pools, but there will also be some responsibilities to the supporting functions that drive that business
- Training new instructors on techniques for all segments – learn to swim, competitive, triathlete and other related pool activities (eg. Rehab)
- Recruitment, development, and regular assessment of instructors for all segments
- Instructing in all segments where appropriate
- Chief Pool Operator – involves being knowledgeable and responsible for all aspects of the pools function, chemicals, and trouble shooting. Developing a plan to keep the key business product – the pools, in safe and functioning condition. Developing and implementing a plan for monitoring and adjusting the pools.
- This includes purchasing and inventory of chemicals needed to keep the pools in good running order.
- Managing/delegating maintenance and cleaning of the pool area, opening and closing protocols
- Scheduling – instructors into appropriate classes to maximize their billable hours to the number of classes they teach. In collaboration with the partners developing seasonal offerings to maximize our customers. An example is to determine how many group classes and which type to offer vs the number of private classes. Also trying to keep group classes full so as to maximize the utilization of the instructors.
- Developing and implementing a plan to enrich the customers experience with SwimLabs – communication with parents and customers. Also implementing the progression of students from classes as they progress.
- Developing and implementing a plan to optimize SwimLabs merchandise line
Business Development Activities:
- Working with the partners to develop core business along with other vertical business opportunities organically within SwimLabs and with other groups/businesses/companies. Examples would be to develop a plan to enroll key Club Swim Teams for competitive video analysis, or working with daycare schools to bring their kids in for lessons, working with Triathlete groups to do video analysis.
- Identifying and participating in business development opportunities – staffing a booth at a local event, triathlon, swim meet
Overall Business Activities:
- Working with the front desk to manage the schedule to optimize filling the pools with clients and creating a culture of the best swim school in the greater Seattle area
- Managing expenses and resources to maximize revenue for SwimLabs
We expect your schedule at the pools to be Monday-Friday (late morning-early evening) and Saturday-Sunday (mornings). We’ll be working together to determine what is the optimal schedule for the business. We would like to try to keep you work times consistent on a week by week basis, but may change do to our needs and schedules. All schedules will be agreed upon before implementation.
How to Apply
Email resume and cover to [email protected]
Contact Information1555 NW Mall St
Issaquah, WA 98027