Location: Newark, DE, USA
with Middle Atlantic Swimming, Inc.
Middle Atlantic Swimming is seeking an experienced leader to advocate for the growth and development of a diverse swimming community through education, innovation and a commitment to excellence.
Middle Atlantic Swimming in its continued success, has grown and matured in its existence as a USA Swimming Local Swimming Committee and nonprofit organization. To more efficiently and effectively serve its members and fulfill its mission to advocate the growth and development of a diverse swimming community through education, innovation and a commitment to excellence, the organization has created an Executive Director position.
The priorities for the first 12 months of the Executive Director tenure include:
- Becoming the face of Middle Atlantic Swimming.
- Raising visibility and increasing communication to both internal and external communities.
- Establishing a plan for increased member engagement at all levels – athlete, coach, club, parent.
- Improving the efficiency of the Middle Atlantic Swimming office.
The Executive Director will report directly to the Board of Directors and will lead the Middle Atlantic staff.
The Executive Director will provide strategic leadership for the organization based on the strategic direction established in partnership with the Board of Directors. This position requires some flexible weekend and evening work.
- Lead program efforts to increase overall involvement with clubs, athletes, non-athletes and constituents within the LSC
- Serve as the face, voice and main contact for Middle Atlantic Swimming
- Oversee the strategic efforts of the Middle Atlantic staff
- Serve as an information conduit between the USA Swimming, USA Swimming Eastern Zone Directors and Middle Atlantic Swimming
- Serve as the staff liaison for the Safe Sport Committee and Travel Fund Committee
- Support clubs with needs in the community such as appearing before commissioners, school boards, etc.
- Support clubs on various challenges by acting as a resource for governance, outreach, staffing, parents, etc.
- In conjunction with the General Chair, prepare meeting agendas for the Board of Directors
- Regularly review service providers and supply/vendor contracts
- Operate under the statutes of each State’s respective laws for the Middle Atlantic region
- Work with the staff, committees, and Board of Directors to establish an annual operating budget for the organization
- Submit monthly payroll to processing company and record and distribute checks
- Respond to requests for W-9s, employee information for unemployment, etc.
- Prepare insurance documents, payments and compile information for audit for Liability and Workman’s comp for office and employees
- Prepare audit information for the Delaware Unemployment office
Opportunities for Professional Development
The Executive Director will be invited to attend the annual United States Aquatic Sports Convention, select USA Swimming workshops and other professional development opportunities upon request.
Ideal candidates will share the overall vision for Middle Atlantic Swimming and its values.
- Must have a bachelors degree
- Must have budget management experience
- Must have human resources experience
- Must have previous experience in the sport of swimming
- Eligible for USA Swimming membership (must be able to pass a background check and Athlete Protection Training)
- General knowledge of nonprofit structure and management
- Sports marketing experience
- Strong writing and public speaking skills
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well with internal and external participants
Middle Atlantic Swimming offers a competitive salary and benefits.
Location: 1350 King College Rd, Bristol, TN 37620, USA
with King University
Assist head coach in all aspects of coaching duties including but not limited too:
On deck coaching, writing practices, Driving vans, coaching at swim meets, helping with meet line-ups, ordering food, ordering swim gear, proctoring study hall, recruiting, and office work.
The graduate assistant position at King is an important one as there is only one coach for 30 athletes. As a GA, you will be asked to take on a large leadership position with an expectation of maturity and hard work throughout the year.
This is a great opportunity to test your coaching and management skills.
Location: Kingwood, Houston, TX, USA
with Blue Tide Aquatics
We are looking for one part-time coach who is knowledgeable and passionate about the sport. Candidates must enjoy teaching and engaging with young athletes. The ideal candidate will assist our existing coaching staff on a part-time (Monday through Friday) basis. The candidate also will be responsible for running groups and writing practices, as needed. Compensation is hourly, commensurate with experience. BTA swim groups practice daily at two pools, Kingwood High School and Kingwood Park High School.
- 1-3 years coaching experience
- USA Swimming Certifications (within 30 days)
- Assist coaches with their specific training groups as needed
- Some weekend hours and meet travel (within the Gulf) required
Location: Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
with Glenmark Aquatic Foundation
We are currently looking to hire a “Chief Swim Coach” to set up a new performance centre in Bhubaneswar, India. As a high performance Chief Swim Coach following will be the roles & responsibilities:
- Develop the overall swimming development strategy.
- Lead technical development aspects of the overall program.
- Creating long, medium and short term objectives with regards to developing swimming capabilities of all trainees at the centre.
- Providing assistance in monitoring and recruiting young swimmers for the development programs.
- Enhancement of education and continued professional development of coaches at the centre.
- Work closely with various stakeholders to help further the swimming ecosystem in the country.
- Ultimately, contribute in taking young Indian swimmers to the world stage via sustained long term vision.
Remuneration will be as per global market standards, which will accommodate for an expat life in India.
Location: 1921 W Gate City Blvd, Greensboro, NC 27403, USA
with Greensboro Aquatic Center
The City of Greensboro Aquatic Center (GAC) is looking for an Aquatic Meet Technician. The individual in this position is responsible for setup, operation and maintenance of a variety of timing equipment, related production equipment and software necessary to conduct swimming, diving and other aquatic competitions. Employee will need considerable knowledge of Colorado or Omega Timing Systems and swim meet entry software and hardware as well as integration, maintenance and repair of these systems. This position works closely with the aquatic event hosts in conducting competitive meets ranging from age group local swimming to national and NCAA hosted meets. The job is NON-EXEMPT under FLSA.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED or an equivalency of education and 3 years of “related” aquatic experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years directly related work experience.
- Swim meets set up experience (i.e. touch pads, cables, etc.).
- Proficiency operating a Colorado or Omega Timing System
An Ideal Candidate Would Also Possess (Preferred Qualifications):
- ARC First Aid, CPR
- Previous technical experience with video operations/ camera/DVD playback and sound systems including microphones and music mixing
- Scoreboard operation/experience
- Laser pool measurement technician experience
- ARC Lifeguard certification
- Administrative Official (AO) certification
Location: Rockford, MI, USA
with Rockford Riptide Swim Team
Rockford Riptide (ROCK) a USA Swimming (USAS) competitive swim club and part of the Rockford Aquatics program.
The assistant coach for the Rockford Riptide Swim Team aides in the development of swimmers to learn all four competitive strokes, starts, turns and finishes. Coach works with Rockford Riptide’s head coach/general manager and Riptide USA coaching staff in the development of programs, workouts, swim meets and assessment of incoming and advancing swimmers. The primary goal of the Assistant coach is to prepare and support the Riptide swimmer in their journey in the sport of competitive (USA) swimming with Rockford Riptide’s Age Group USA Swim Team.
Assistant USA swim coach needed for Rockford Riptide Swim Team
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Previous competitive swim coaching experience (2+ years) desired and love for the sport of swimming
- Ability to meet all USA Swimming certification and coaching requirements (CPR, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, USA Background check, Athlete protection, Lifeguarding, First Aid, etc.)
- Ability to demonstrate mature judgment, reliability, availability, and ethical behavior including punctuality, confidentiality, and ability to function in a multi-task environment
- Can clearly define the importance the role the club plays in the scope of Rockford Aquatics.
- Provide a solid understanding of swimming biomechanics, dryland training, including progression training, drill and clinic style teaching
- Efficient computer skills including, but not limited to, Email, Excel, Word, Team Manager, Meet Manager, and Team Unify
- Desire to create a positive training environment for all swimmers
- Demonstrated ability to work well and communicate effectively with swimmers of all ages/abilities, staff and administrators
- Take attendance and oversee the conduct of workouts geared to the ability of the swimmers at this level
- Work directly in and out of the water instructing swimmers of all ages/abilities
- Provide positive, constructive feedback to swimmers to enhance technique and motivation
- Manage, observe and evaluate swimmer performance at practices and meets
- Work with head coach/general manager, Jr Riptide coaches and USA coaches to evaluate incoming swimmers and promote swimmer advancement within the session
- Work with head coach and assistant coaches in the development of programs
- Provide on-going communication to Riptide membership regarding and practice updates, team events, swimmer advancement, etc.
- Attend Coaches meetings as scheduled
- Knows and conforms to all Club policies, rules, and regulations; Supports the ongoing clinical vision of Rockford Riptide.
- Notifies Head Coach of any unaccounted athlete absences of more than one week and follows up with family for status
- Communicates and notifies Head Coach/General Manager of any membership or facility issues or concerns within 24 hours.
- Takes proactive steps to communicate/educate parents about club policies, procedures, stroke technique, meet entry and registration
- Willingness for continued education in the profession
- Conduct parent info meeting each session
- Attend team events as requested
Compensation and Hours:
Commensurate with experience. This is a non-salaried position and does include reimbursement of travel costs.
Fall/Winter/Spring Monday – Friday evening availability and some weekends. Summer AM/PM availability and some weekends 10-20 hours/weekly depending upon season activities.
Start Date: April 2020 or sooner
Practices are primarily held in Rockford, Michigan, at the Rockford High School or at the North Rockford Middle School.
Requirements: USA Coaching Certification (or eligibility)
See www.riptide.org for more information about the club.
Location: 200 Redwood Shores Pkwy, Redwood City, CA 94065, USA
with The Bay Club Company
Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, the Aquatics Instructor is responsible for providing private and group swim instruction to clients; maintaining a safe and effective learning environment while focusing on the fulfillment of clients’ swimming goals; achieving personal revenue goals; and providing the best customer service and hospitality to members and guests.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides instruction; provide specific and corrective feedback to each client at each session
- Design and deliver effective and rewarding sessions and workouts
- Provide swim evaluations to help parents decide which program is best for their child and client retention
- Maintain accurate, current records on all clients’ progress; follow progression guidelines
- Enforce all pool rules and aquatics center and club policies
- Maintain a consistent work schedule; arrive punctually for sessions
- Provide excellent communication with the parents of swimmers as well as all members and staff
- Track attendance of client’s sessions
- Accurately enter and maintain consistent timely records in the required systems for hours worked and sessions
- Actively participate in events, programs meetings and training including in-service training
- Assist in the maintenance and cleanliness of the aquatics center
- Represent the club in a professional manner through image, dress, communication, and immediate follow through and response
Corporate Goals & Objectives
- Promote the company’s safety goals and actively work towards ensuring a safe working environment.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Actively further corporate objectives and continuously support improvement and positive change, which includes participating on corporate designated committees to improve the company and business operations.
- Make professional development a consistent priority.
- Assist with special club projects, events and promotions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Current Lifeguard/CPR/AED – for adult, infant, toddlers
- Understand the current best practices in learn-to-swim skills, competitive swim techniques and childhood development
- Experience teaching Swim Lessons for all ages
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, and sales techniques.
- Problem Anticipation/ Deductive Reasoning — Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and then apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems and considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Oral Comprehension and Expression —Ability to understand and communicate so others can understand ideas and information.
- Computer – Ability to develop and maintain computer records in Word, Excel and other software required by TBCC.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is typically performed outdoors in varying and occasionally extreme (hot) weather conditions.
- Ability to arrive at work on time for all scheduled work shifts required. Ability to work weekends, evenings, and holidays required.
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and readily able to adjust to changes in work environment.
- Position requires daily public contact.
- It is sometimes necessary to deal with unpleasant or angry people with the need to problem solve difficult situations.
- It is necessary to adapt to a frequently changing environment.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to climb or balance and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must occasionally sit for extended periods and regularly walk around the facility
- Must occasionally talk and hear
- Must frequently move 10 pounds and in the event of an emergency lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required but this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Location: 300 Elmwood St, North Attleborough, MA 02760, USA
with Hockomock Area YMCA
Responsible for planning, development, fiscal management, and administration of the complete YMCA swim program. The position includes supervision and management of the branch’s indoor and outdoor pool, as well as managing lifeguard staff at two town beaches in North Attleboro, MA. The position also ensures safety standards are met and staff is educated relative to these standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures national quality standards are met or exceeded in all program areas
- Directly supervises the lifeguards, lifeguard training staff, and aquatics instructors
- Oversees pool and staff schedules
- Plans and implements aquatic emergency drills
- Works cooperatively with Association Branch staff regarding teen and community programs
- Develops written goals and objectives annually that align with branch results in areas of program and membership
- Attends appropriate meeting and trainings
- Hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates all Aquatics staff in a consistent and timely manner
- Observes swim instructors and team staff to assure program quality on a regular schedule
- Communicates with instructors and team staff in a caring and professional manner
- Maintains current working knowledge of programs
- Instructs lessons or lifeguards, as needed
- Communicates with members/parents regarding concerns, changes, credits, or transfers in a professional manner
- Develops new programs to ensure that programs are reflecting the needs of the community
- Responsible for regular inspection of equipment, and partnering with maintenance should repairs be needed
- Monitors phone calls, e-mails, and return messages in a timely manner
- Plans yearly budget and monitors monthly reports.
- Provides supervisor with appropriate information for preparation of annual report
- Ongoing learning and implements of YMCA’s safety policies and procedures
- Follows and enforces all relevant Association and Branch policies
- Exemplifies the YMCA character development principles at all times
- Other responsibilities as directed by the Executive Director or Associate Executive Director
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from a four-year college or university required
- Prior Aquatics management experience is desired, preferably in a Y environment
- Strong relationship building skills and supervisory skills are essential
- Must be well organized
- Some experience with budget management required
- Prior lifeguard and/or swim instructor experience is preferred
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Must maintain current certification in the following:
- YMCA Lifeguard Certification
- YMCA Swim Instructor Certification
- YMCA Swim Trainer Certification
- First Aid and CPR Certificate
- PALS – Principles of Aquatics Leadership
Location: 20 Webster Pl, Brookline, MA 02445, USA
with Goldfish Swim School
Are you looking for a great gig where the work is actually fun? Do you want to work somewhere you can get real job experience and make a difference? Check out Goldfish Swim School! We’re a rapidly growing, award winning franchise that is not your typical company!
We change lives. We help children reach their goals. We wear flip flops. We work in a 90-degree pool. We love our employees and reward hard work with shout awards, gift cards and fun social events! We offer paid training and flexible shifts that are perfect for students or folks who want to grab extra hours without working late nights. Even better? Due to the rapid growth of our school, advancement opportunities exist for the right candidate.
- Leadership roles
- Flexible hours
- Great pay
- Valuable work experience
- Increased social opportunities
- Future references/referrals
- Ability to work with children
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Must pass background examinations (included with training)
Job Title: Assistant General Manager
Reports to: General Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Oversees the quality and success of Goldfish Swim School daily operations including staffing, pool operations, cash management, customer service, retail and vending department, private party operations and workplace employee activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs and controls the daily operations to ensure the school is running according to GSS standard operating procedures.
- Assists General Manager and department managers with fulfillment the daily tasks.
- Manages the staff of GSS to ensure high productivity, excellent performance and positive employee satisfaction.
- Trains and oversees aquatics department to provide superior swim instruction to the students of GSS. Interacts with Deck Supervisors and Golden Teachers on issues related to class scheduling, student progress, customer service and employee performance and training.
- Provides sales and marketing training to all qualified sales staff.
- Provides direction in the retail and vending departments to ensure a proper mix of products and pricing is achieved.
- Trains and oversees private party staff to ensure that the GSS standard operating procedures are being maintained.
- Gains knowledge and experience in the Links software to achieve a high level of competence in bookings, class scheduling, reporting and administrative functions.
- Gains a high level of knowledge and experience in the GSS pool operations necessary to maintain a safe and sanitary swim environment.
- Initiates and oversees workplace employee activities (“Fun” Department) with the goal of achieving improved employee satisfaction.
- Directs and oversees the implementation of the Emergency Action Plan and all safety procedures that pertain to the GSS facility and trains all current staff on the GSS EAP.
- Maintains current certifications and stays up-to-date professionally on the aquatics and management field.
- Fulfills other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Employer.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED is required. Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred. Experience as a certified lifeguard, youth sports instructor/coach, camp counselor and/or childcare provider required. Two or more years management experience preferred. Two or more years as a swimming instructor preferred.
Certificates and Licenses: Lifeguard, CPR/AED and first Aid certification required. Shallow water attendant highly recommended.
Work Environment: While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to heat and humidity. Noise level is usually moderate.
Location: 440 W School Ln, West Chester, PA 19382, USA
with Westtown Aquatic Club/ Westtown School
Position is an 11 month, salaried position with medical benefits. Pay is commensurate with experience.
Position starts in the spring of 2020, or earlier, if candidates are available.
Westtown Aquatic Club (WA) is looking for an Assistant Director of Aquatics. WA is located on the grounds of Westtown School. A pre-k through 12, Quaker boarding school located in the back roads of West Chester, Pa. Interested applicants should have prior USA-swimming coaching experience or college level swimming experience. Hourly rate will be commensurate with experience.
Duties and responsibilities;
- Westtown Aquatic Club: Working with the aquatic club (approximately 20-24 hours of coaching during certain times of the year) for practice and meets. Candidates will work with all ages and abilities within the aquatic program but main focus is on the 10 and under (6 days a week).
- Upper School Head Coach: Working in conjunction with Westtown School athletics. This is a two season position (fall for condition swimming/ winter varsity swimming).
- Westtown Swim School Coordinator: Working with the Director of Auxiliary Initiative overseeing curriculum of swim school groups
- Additional work available through rental swim lesson groups, dorm parent (if available) and as a summer camp supervisor.
- 2-4 years working in an age group or college setting.
- Previous high school and college swimming experience is mandatory.
- Ability to work afternoons, nights and 1-2 weekends a month.
Location: Harrisonburg, VA, USA
with Virginia Gators of Harrisonburg
Virginia Gators in Harrisonburg, VA seeks a passionate head coach committed to motivating and developing athletes from novice to state and national levels.
ABOUT HARRISONBURG, VA:
Harrisonburg’s beautiful Shenandoah Valley setting provides an abundance of community resources while maintaining a reasonable cost of living, making it an ideal place to work and raise a family. The Harrisonburg-Rockingham area offers historic and contemporary neighborhoods; excellence in education, including regionally-ranked elementary, middle and high schools, plus diverse options for higher education; world-class health care; historic sites and recreation; and shopping and commerce. Harrisonburg is located just 1 hour from Charlottesville and 2 hours from Richmond and Washington, DC. James Madison University is located in Harrisonburg and Bridgewater College is located nearby.
1. 3+ years experience as a head coach or head age-group coach at a USA Swimming certified swim club
2. Demonstrated history of successfully developing competitive, high-performance swimmers and successfully progressing them from an age group program to the national level
3. Knowledgeable in and able to communicate current and proper stroke technique and development, dryland conditioning programs and taper strategies for all swimmers from age group through senior swimmers
4. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
5. Able to motivate swimmers of all abilities to achieve their full potential
6. Able to manage and mentor staff of assistant coaches, ensuring implementation of team philosophy and goals
7. Ability to communicate with parents and board members, and create and follow a sustainable budget
8. ASCA Level 3 certification (or equivalent) required, Level 4 preferred
9. Member in good standing with USA Swimming and current with all background checks and required certifications
10. Familiarity with Team Unify, Hy-Tek, and other swimming social media and software programs.
11. Bachelor’s degree required.
12. Significant national club or collegiate swim experience preferred.
- Oversee and supervise the training program for all swim groups and clinics
- Coordinate the practice and swim meet schedule
- Effectively supervise, mentor and delegate responsibilities to the staff of assistant coaches
- Serve as the primary deck coach for the Senior and National level swimmers
- Identify and effectively correct technique deficiencies for swimmers in all groups
- Attend monthly board meetings, provide a monthly coach’s report, conduct staff meetings, and execute staff reviews and swimmer evaluations
- Set team meet schedules for the SCY and LCM seasons and assist in organizing the home meet.
- Attend all local and travel meets and schedule sufficient coaching resources for meet coverage and practice coverage
- Encourage a fun, interactive, yet highly competitive atmosphere that self-motivates swimmers to attain and surpass their personal goals and expectations. Lead by example
- Oversee meet information, results, publicity, travel, newsletter, and website content
- Motivate swimmers and parents for full participation and enthusiasm
- Recruit, retain, and grow the team
Salary & Benefits: Personal & Vacation benefits. Competitive salary ($40-$50K range commensurate with experience)
Application Deadline: Open until filled. Priority deadline March 1. Start date open – no later than August 2020.
Location: 403 Deloss Dodds Way, Austin, TX 78712, USA
with Longhorns Swim Camp
The Longhorns Swim Camp at The University of Texas at Austin is seeking 23-30 mature, enthusiastic, team oriented, and knowledgeable counselors/assistant coaches for its 2020 camp sessions. This is an excellent opportunity for professional education and networking for both established and up and coming coaches to work with and learn from the Texas coaching staff, as well as multiple Olympians and National Team members. The position provides coaching experience with a variety of ages and ability levels. The camp counselor is someone who loves the sport of swimming, demonstrates reliability and attention to detail, enjoys being around and works well with co-workers/children/adolescents, is willing to learn, and is a great teammate.
Duties and skills of camp staff include, but are not limited to:
- Abide by all University of Texas, Texas Athletics, and Longhorns Swim Camp policies and procedures. Required educational modules for The University of Texas will be provided.
- Supervise, coach, and apply guidance to a maximum of 175 campers per session in both dormitory and pool settings for four one-week sessions, May 24 – June 19.
- Provide a safe, positive environment where campers learn, have fun, and be excited about swimming while in attendance.
- Follow the head coaches lead while coaching/supervising camp sessions, while also relying upon personal experiences to interact effectively with campers. Teach proper technique and mechanics.
- Be involved and work in a team oriented environment with the camp staff to provide an excellent life experience for all attendees. Organize check in and check out times with campers and parents, as well as camp store operations.
- Organize supervised recreational times and activities. These are assigned areas of responsibility, including supervision of the dorm areas, short field trips on/off campus, guest speakers, etc.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times. The highest standards of behavior are expected of staff, role models, and supervisors as representatives of The University of Texas. Must agree to work in an alcohol, tobacco, and drug-free environment. Inappropriate language and behavior is never tolerated.
The University of Texas at Austin does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or Vietnam era or special disabled veteran’s status in recruitment, employment, promotion, compensation, benefits or training. It is also the university’s policy to maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
FORM is a sports technology company with a simple mission: to break down the barriers between what swimming is and what it could be. We’re looking for a Field Marketing Representative to join our rapidly growing team.
At FORM, you’ll help us write the rulebook on augmented reality in a new market. You’ll have the freedom to shape your role, how you own it, and how you grow with us. You’ll get to wear many hats, to coach, and to learn. And you’ll be part of an amazing and diverse group of people who love to work and play together.
A Little Bit About Us
Founded in 2016 in Vancouver, Canada, FORM is the sports technology company behind the FORM Swim Goggles, a pair of premium swim goggles with a see-through, augmented-reality display that delivers performance metrics in real time.
Our founder and CEO, Dan Eisenhardt, swam competitively for 14 years before starting his career as a sports technology entrepreneur. His previous company, Recon Instruments, introduced the world’s first smart eyewear for sports in 2010 and was acquired by Intel in 2015. FORM employs many of the people from that original team, leveraging decades of combined expertise in sports-eyewear design, activity-tracking algorithms, and augmented-reality optics.
To learn more, visit www.formswim.com.
FORM is looking for outgoing individuals to be part of our events team. As a Field Marketing Representative, you will be responsible for owning on-site event activation at trade shows, conferences, and exhibitions. This is also a rare opportunity to help build the field marketing function for an exciting and innovative company that stands at the intersection of sports and technology. If you are looking to join a growing brand, be part of an exciting industry, and enjoy traveling, then we want to hear from you!
The role is an 8-month contract from April 1st to November 31st, 2020 based in the US and will require individuals to be available to travel in the US and work the majority of weekends during these 8 months. Successful candidates will first receive formal brand training at FORM’s headquarters in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
All travel expenses will be covered for events – including per-diem, hotel, flights, car rental, and any other business-related expenses. FORM offers competitive compensation and this role has the potential to move up into a full-time position within the company. A successful candidate for this role cannot represent other swim brands during the contract.
- Creatively find and tap into new and emerging field marketing opportunities
- Collaborate with industry partners to extend our brand presence and value proposition
- Coordinate with event organizers and federations to best execute FORM’s event strategy
- Own on-site activation of booth and related merchandising
- Create and deliver impactful product demos, educate consumers, and provide activation-specific incentives
- Collaborate with selected sales reps at events to promote the FORM brand
- When necessary, brief sponsored athletes about the company, our brand, the product, and FORM’s messaging
- Wear FORM product and gear during events, competitions, and training
- Manage all product sales and inventories for events
- Track all leads and connections to capture opportunities
- Document all events with regards to contacts captured, leads generated, lessons learned, common questions asked, concerns about the product, feature requests, etc.
- Track all leads and connections to capture future opportunities
- Prepare and lead post event recap meetings
- Manage event budgets and track all costs against budget forecast
- Readily use our product for testing
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Triathlon or swimming industry experience (as an athlete or for a company)
- Sales and budget management experience
- Outgoing and comfortable presenting to large groups
- Effective networking, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Able to work high-intensity, interactive, and engaging days at events
- Experience working in fast-paced and energetic environment
- A team player, able to effectively multitask and wear many hats
- Entrepreneurial spirit—self-starter and proactive
- Flexible and adaptable to rapidly changing business conditions and priorities
- Able to travel within the US and work most weekends
- US-based and must be legally able to work in the US
- Able to travel to FORM headquarters in Canada for training
- Valid passport and driver’s license
- All within the US and the longest event is 5 days, with an average of 3 to 4 days per event
- Must be available for the full 8 month contract and be available to work weekends as the majority of events are on weekends
- Expected number of events is approximately 25 events, or approximately 115 activation days
- Competitive Base + uncapped commission potential
- Performance-based compensation will be measured based on a combination of quantitative and qualitative metrics
Location: 27474 Casta Del Sol, Mission Viejo, CA 92692, USA
with Mission Viejo Nadadores
This job is rated as Part Time, but will be re-assessed after a probationary period for Full-Time employment.
Job Goal: Team Operations Coordinator is responsible for supporting the coaches, administration’s development, strategy and implementation of competitive sports programming for the Mission Viejo Nadadores. Primary focus of the position is to coordinate and direct sporting competitions (swimming) and other special events, such as fundraisers and community led events. Specific responsibilities include supervising and training volunteers, working with local sponsors, hotels and vendors, creating competition facility layouts, hiring additional event services, and creating strategic fundraising plans. Additional responsibilities include, managing social media accounts, seeking in-kind donations and other sponsorship opportunities, develop marketing ideas and administrative duties that include but are not limited to day-to-day office work.
As the Team Operations Coordinator, you’re someone who loves sports, is reliable, creative, highly organized, detail–oriented, customer service minded, willingness to learn and develop new skills, communicates well and is a self-starter with a strong and never-ending work ethic. You must be a great teammate as you’ll be working closely with the coaching staff, team support staff and the various branches of the organization such as Swim School, Masters and Dive team.
60% Competition Director
- Oversee compliance with vendor, sponsor, and competition contract(s)
- Contact and confirm Meet Vendors attendance
- Hire janitorial, security, lifeguard, and transportation services
- Prepare home facility to host a competition
- Staff event by coordinating volunteers, meet directors and coaching staff
- Order rentals, awards, and other competition needs
- Cater VIP hospitality
- Produce Profit and Loss (PNLs) reports for individual project oversight
- Prepare concession stand accordingly
- Seek in-kind donations from community businesses
- Create and collaborate parking plan for shared use parking lot
- Work with local hotels for room blocks for visiting teams
- Assist guests
- Direct and oversee day of event or competition from start to finish
- Must work competition and event weekends
30% “Other” Special Events Director and Marketing Coordinator
- Organize 1–day competitions
- Organize and oversee team bonding home events
- Coordinate annual fundraiser
- Develop a curriculum of sponsorship levels
- Create Sponsorship agreements
- Develop strategies to encourage donors to contribute
- Identify fundraising opportunities
- Develop fundraising activity plans that maximize participation or contributions and minimize costs
- Design and produce social media posts, flyers and promo videos for the purpose of advertising fundraising events and/or team
- Recruit and direct volunteers for fundraising events
- Monitor progress of fundraising drives and provide bi-weekly reports
- Manage Social Media Accounts
- Solicit Corporate Donors and events marketing the team
10% Administrative and Other Responsibilities
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, and forms
- Provide general support to visitors
- Provide information by answering questions and requests
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies
- Use Microsoft Office programs
- A proven ability to effectively and efficiently manage/organize multiple priorities with competing deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in analysis, decision making, and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Good teamwork with a strong attention to detail and follow through
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong business acumen and financial knowledge when overseeing events
Location: 27474 Casta Del Sol, Mission Viejo, CA 92692, USA
with Mission Viejo Nadadores
JOB GOAL: To align with the policy and procedures set forth by the Mission Viejo Nadadores and to assist the Head Age Group Coach, Associate Head Coach and Head Coach in developing age group athletes to make an uncompromised commitment to the pursuit of excellence, through the process of striving to be the best that they can be, to acquire life enhancing attributes such as integrity, discipline, teamwork and sportsmanship.
- Embrace and advocate the Mission Viejo Nadadores’ Culture
- Facilitate an independent athlete environment to promote autonomy
- Thorough knowledge of stroke development and technique with an emphasis on race strategy
- Comprehension of dryland training for pubescent athletes and the introduction to power training
- Plan, prepare, and conduct group practices in accordance with our curriculum for the Nadadores
- Provide detailed race performance feedback
- Track practice and meet performance to continually assess, process of performance goals
- Assist with set up & tear down of all MVN hosted age group/senior/Master’s level meets
- Assist with MVN Staff in facilitating Events (MVN hosted or community events)
- Commit to continued coaching education
- Development and dissemination of a comprehensive season plan for the entire age division
- Promote and market growth of the senior division for overall team membership numbers
- Monitor, rosters and registration for entire assigned age group
- Assign coaching coverage for each group within the division
- Participate in all group/team activities
- Mentor all new hires with oversight of Head Age Group Coach within the 14&under division regarding specifications pertaining to the training and parent/coach interactions
On Job Requirements:
- Determine meet schedule in collaboration with the Head Age Group Coach/Head Coach for the entire age division
- Run parent orientation meetings at beginning of each season and train assistants in such endeavors
- Be available to run point or assist during one-on-one parent interactions
- Attend the assigned meets for the practice group
- Attend all MVN staff led events/meets
- Attend all staff meetings as assigned by the Head Coach and/or Head Age Group Coach
- Train and mentor all assistants and continually assess coaching performance
- Communicate all actions regularly between Head Age Group Coach and Head Coach
- Excellent email communication to parents with timely response (within 24 hours)
- Continually assess goals with athletes and communicate to parents in a patient and respectable manner
- Coordination between age group coaches and Head Age Group Coach to ensure seamless transitions during redeployment
- Meet with Head Coach/Assistant coaches at a frequency as determined by the parties involved
- Model proper dress, language, demeanor and sportsmanship for the athletes
- Create an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants
- Stay informed of all Geographic Committee, LSC and National Governing body roles and functions
- Monitor all MVN programming and be informed