with SwimRVA Rapids Swim Team
Collegiate School Aquatics Center
5050 Ridgedale Parkway
Richmond, VA 23234
SWIMRVA is a non-profit organization operating throughout the Richmond region to elevate swimming by ensuring every child has access to programming. SwimRVA also owns and operates the region’s world class aquatics center home to the 2008 Olympic trials competition pool.
The 2018-2019 season will mark the inaugural season with the SwimRVA Rapids operating as a full year-round competitive swimming program. The response from the Greater Richmond Area has been incredible as the Rapids have already grown to 200 plus swimmers ranging from the young swimmer looking to learn that 4th legal stroke, to athletes looking to compete at Junior Nationals and beyond. As a result of this amazing response, SwimRVA is seeking an energetic, positive and qualified candidate that will help make this first season an unforgettable one for our swimmers. This full-time assistant coach will report directly to the SwimRVA Rapids Head Coach and SwimRVA Executive Director.
Duties, Responsibilities & Expectations
- Help design and execute season plans and individual workouts for abilities ranging from the Age Group, Senior Group and Masters Group.
- Attend all swim meets as required for this position.
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills with both swimmers, parents and staff members.
- Must be in good standing with USA Swimming.
- Preference to have ASCA Level 2 or higher (or equivalent experience).
- Must have a 4-year college degree
- Must have a strong working knowledge of Team Unify as well as Microsoft Office with skills necessary to provide positive and effective communication both written and orally.
Compensation & Application Procedure
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- All travel expenses required for out of town swim meets will be covered by SwimRVA.
- Health and retirement benefits are included.
- Please send a cover letter, resume’ and three references to Head Coach, Jonathan Kaplan at [email protected]
- This position will be filled immediately once the best candidate has been discovered.
with Sheridan Swim Team
Primary Responsibilities: Our head coach, with the aid of the parents and a solid coaching staff, will be responsible for the entire competitive swimming program including operations, administration, growth, and success.
• Pool and dry land coaching for all levels of swimmers.
• Coordinate the efforts of assistant coaches.
• Communicate and work with parents.
• Attend competitions and the meet entry administration to attend those competitions.
• Develop season plans for all swimmers.
• Direct the developmental summer league team.
• Direct the swim lessons program.
• Direct the Masters program in conjunction with seniors morning practice
• Recruitment of future swimmers.
• Planning and executing projects and activities for team development and morale.
• Assist in our 2 swim meet fundraisers as well as other fundraisers.
• Assist in development and administration of the team budget.
• Maintain the team website and social media presence.
with Rocky Mountain Rapids Swim Team
Position: The Rocky Mountain Rapids Swim Team (RPDS), located in Colorado Springs, Colorado is seeking qualified applicants for an Assistant Senior Coach. This position will report directly to the Rocky Mountain Rapids Head Coach.
Background: The Rocky Mountain Rapids is a year-round competitive swim team offering high quality professional coaching and technique instruction for swimmers ages 6-18. The Rapids are a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization run by an elected Board of Directors which meets monthly. In addition to the competitive swim team, we also offer summer programs including swim lessons, pre-club team and high-school prep. We are constantly growing and training young swimmers to maintain a well-rounded competitive swim team.
Philosophy: We believe providing an environment for all swimmers to achieve their individual best is the right vision for the Rapids Swim Team. As a club that has embraced the Long Term Athlete Development, there is no “typical” Rocky Mountain Rapids Swimmer – we have athletes who are dedicated to the sport of swimming, striving to reach the highest levels of the sport, as well as swimmers that participate in multiple sports on a competitive level. We have others who are just starting out in the sport or simply wanting to prepare for competition as a high school swimmer. There is room for all levels of ability and commitment.
Assistant Coach Duties:
- Establish and maintain relationships and open communication with swimmers and parents
- Assist in the management/running of daily practices. This must be done in a direction that supports the coaching philosophy and direction of the club as established by the Head Coach
- Assist the Lead Coach of specified group with the running of practices and swim meets.
- Create a positive team-oriented atmosphere
- All RPDS coaches are energetic supporters of the sport of swimming and Rocky Mountain Rapids Swim Team
- Attendance at 1-2 meets per month (will include weekends of Saturday and Sunday)
- Take on responsibilities for managing team as assigned by Head Coach
- College Degree (preferred)
- Competitive Swimming Experience (required)
- Swim Coaching Experience (preferred)
- Candidates must possess integrity, strong communications skills; and a passion for helping swimmers maximize their potential.
- Salary or hourly pay will vary depending on qualifications and experience
with Pepperdine University
Pepperdine University is accepting applications for a Volunteer Assistant Coach to assist with the women’s swimming and diving program. We are seeking a passionate, energetic, and driven individual with an aspiration to coach and help build a strong Division I swimming and diving program. Duties include: on-deck coaching, weekly and season planning, assisting with team travel and day-to-day operations, as well as additional duties determined by the head coach.
with Upper Palmetto YMCA Rays
The Upper Palmetto YMCA Rays team is searching for part-time assistant age group and senior coaches. We currently have 4 sites throughout York and Lancaster counties (Rock Hill, Clover, Fort Mill, and Lancaster). Previous coaching experience is preferred, although competitive swimming experience (club or college) may serve as a substitute. Strength and conditioning background may serve as previous coaching experience as well. We’re looking for enthusiastic and dependable people to be on deck 3-5 days a week that could help out with age group swimmers or senior swimmers. Must be able to pass a drug test, background check, and get Red Cross certified within 30 days of hire.
with Radnor Aquatic Club
Radnor Aquatic Club is seeking a qualified candidate to take on the role of USA Swimming Head Coach/Assistant Head Coach. The Radnor Aquatic Club is a year round club of over 200 swimmers located in Radnor, Pennsylvania. The club is a member of the Suburban Aquatic League and carries a dual meet schedule associated with the league. The club also regularly attends USA meets, approximately 1-2 per month. Our current focus is to expand our USA swimming presence while maintaining our SAL roots.
This a full time position scheduled to start in the fall of 2016.
The successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
– Strong leadership ability
– A team first attitude
– The ability to work as a member of a collaborative coaching staff
– Strong organizational skills
with Maine Maritime Academy
Maine Maritime Academy in Castine, Maine, seeks two Assistant Swimming Coaches – one for the men’s swim team and one for the women’s swim team.
Assistant coaching positions are temporary, academic-year positions under the supervision of head coaches of the Academy’s athletic teams. Assistant coaches are exposed to all facets of the profession, including, but not limited to recruiting, film editing and review, game planning, conducting drills and one-on-one workouts, and operations. Appointments are for one academic year and include an hourly wage of $10/hour plus housing for the duration of the appointment.
- Ability to embrace the school’s mission
- High professional and ethical standards for handling highly confidential materials
- Strong interpersonal skills (oral and written communications, presentation skills, personal demeanor, judgment, and diplomacy)
- Ability to inspire and motivate
- The ability to establish strong and effective personal and professional relationships
- Flexibility, initiative, and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Proficiency in the relevant sport
- Bachelor’s degree from four year college or university
- Proven willingness and ability to work collegially and within a team
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse population and to display a genuine interest in the community of the school
- College-level playing experience in the relevant sport
- Contacts include Alumni, Parents, Students and various external and internal constituencies
- This job requires the capacity to travel, work evenings and several weekends as necessary
- Occasionally lift and move up to 30 pounds
- Occasional long hours/days and weeks, irregular schedule
- Exposure to the elements during regularly scheduled outdoor activities
with University of California, Santa Cruz
Associate Head Coach Swimming and Diving
Job #: 1808160
Full Time; Contract
$15/Hourly – Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
UCSC strives to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened & productive environment.
Involves directing or assisting with developing the student-athlete physically, competitively and emotionally. Enhances the execution of competitive sports, manages team, recruits, fundraises and may determine competitive schedules.
This position is responsible for assisting all phases of an intercollegiate athletics sports specific program in accordance with NCAA and University rules, regulations and policies. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: coaching, hiring and managing assistant coaches, scheduling of games, and recruiting qualified student-athletes; supporting for the academic progress of student-athletes; preparing and managing the budget; fostering an environment of NCAA compliance; scheduling and conducting practice sessions; and, implementing strategies for developing and motivating student-athletes to perform at maximum levels. Allocates resources to meet schedules and achieve success. Identifies program objectives and develops and directs strategies for successful programs. Must have a philosophy compatible with highly selective academic standards that supports diversity and inclusivity. Additionally, must have a appreciation for the role of intercollegiate athletics in a highly selective academic environment, and the desire to help student-athletes strive for balance in that rigorous setting. All athletic department staff are expected to have a strong commitment to the welfare of student athletes and a reputation of integrity. Staff are expected to embrace the NCAA DIII philosophy and UCSC Principles of Community. May provide guidance to other personnel.
In addition, will be responsible for assisting in the administration of aquatics programs and policies to include: swim classes, aquatic fitness classes, private swim lessons, swim teams, open swim and lap swim scheduling, and adult safety programs. This position will play a key role in community and student relations.
The Associate Head Coach/asst. aquatics manager reports directly to the Head Coach/aquatics manager.
At UC Santa Cruz, we strive to enrich the total educational experience by promoting physical activity, encouraging health and wellness, building community, and cultivating leadership. Through our diverse offerings of athletics, classes, workshops, outdoor adventure trips, intramural sports leagues, tournaments, clubs, drop-in activities, and recreational facilities, we strive to provide opportunities for UCSC students, staff and faculty, retirees, alumni, and local community members to participate. As one of the largest student employers on campus, we also have many work-study and non-work student jobs in our facilities and programs. Our goal is to provide a wide variety of professional programs and physical activities that promote and enhance community, learning, leadership, lifelong wellness, and academic success.
Some special conditions include:
Successfully pass a pre-employment background check
Possess CPR/AED/First Aid certification or have the ability to obtain it within 60-calendar days of hire.
Candidates must have the ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.
Possess a valid license to drive in the State of California and be able to participate in the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) pull notice program.
Must take and pass the Division III Rules Test per NCAA bylaw 11.8.
Bachelor’s degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training with a college-level program.
At least 3 years experience coaching specific sport, preferably at the NCAA level. Ideal candidate will excel in dryland/strength programming as well as sprint workouts,
Highly advanced and effective interpersonal, motivational and team leadership skills to work effectively with athletic participants, departmental and university staff and parents of student athletes
Ability to demonstrate creativity, sound judgment and decision-making, be an effective problem solver and communicates effectively verbally and in writing and for live media presentations.
Recognized expertise in team sport and coaching principles for student athletes.
Position is open until filled; Initial Review Date: 08-23-2018
with EDGE Swim Club
The EDGE Swim Club in Williston, Vermont has an immediate opportunity for an experienced, and enthusiastic Head Coach to build upon established excellence with our USA Club Program and Summer Recreational Program. Williston is part of the greater Burlington area of northern Vermont; a vibrant community that reflects a culture of healthy living and balanced priorities.
The Head Coach will lead the process of building upon existing success, guiding a team of talented assistant coaches, establishing a training blueprint for the program and embracing team traditions while sharing new ideas. A Head Coach is responsible for important administrative and organizational tasks including the preparation of annual budgets, hiring of new staff, meeting company financial goals, and assisting other company departments with mutual goals. The Head Coach is expected to attend select level practices, scheduled competitions, team social events and local USA and Rec League coach meetings.
The EDGE Swim Club refers to itself as a ‘swamily’, a swim family comprised of athletes, parents, siblings and coaches. The team strongly emphasizes sportsmanship and team spirit and takes great pride in its steady pattern of success from year to year. The EDGE looks toward a fifth straight year as League and State Champions and is the first Vermont program since 2012 to have a swimmer qualify and compete at Junior Nationals.
The EDGE is a company that is focused on supporting the Head Coach. In-house trainings with staff as well as professional development opportunities are included. The EDGE aims to create an environment where the coach can focus on the morale and positive experiences of athletes, coaches and families.
If you are excited about the chance to bring your experience and enthusiasm to a program on the rise in a breath-taking corner of New England – please email cover letter, resume, coaching philosophy, certifications and three letters of recommendation to [email protected]
Salary is commensurate with the strength of applicant and experience.
with Loggerhead Aquatics
Loggerhead Aquatics – a Florida Swimming LSC/USA Swimming club team located in northern St Johns County (a southern suburb of Jacksonville, Florida) is looking for Full Time Lead Developmental Age Group coach with a passion for competitive swimming, and is ready to excel with our team.
This position will mostly work as a coach for swimmers age 6-11 years old.
The salaried position requires a candidate with excellent communication, teaching and people skills. Candidate must help promote our team culture with a positive attitude and passion for teaching stroke and racing techniques. Must be patient, and an excellent role model for swimmers of all ages. This is a full time salaried position and the salary is commensurate with experience.
Must be a USA Swimming Coach in good standing (or the ability to get credentials).
Competitive swim coaching experience is required.
Competitive swimming background is highly desired.
Ability to work afternoons and evenings, plus an an average of two meets per month.
Be a team player and work towards the advancement of our swimmers development.
Ability to coach novice through advanced age group swimmers.
Oversee communication for developmental training groups.
Ensure coaches are teaching the desired curriculum.
Help with new swimmer tryouts/evaluations.
Position is available immediately.
with The Olympic Club
Age Group Coach with The Olympic Club in San Francisco
The Olympic Club is looking for age-group coaches to work with swimmers ages 8-13 years old as well as assist with its Senior Group. The Coach is expected to help the athletes grow and mature as swimmers, setting goals, and preparing swimmers to increase their commitment as they age up. The Coach will be responsible for on deck coaching time, communicating with parents/swimmers, some administrative duties and will typically attend 1-2 weekend meets per month. Practices run 4-6pm Monday-Friday, with opportunity to coach Saturdays if desired. The Coach will be responsible for daily planning for the group, as well as overall / seasonal planning, themes, and goals.
- 1-2 Years of competitive coaching or swimming experience at the club/college level
- USA Swimming member
- Valid Drivers License
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skill
- Hy-Tek Meet/Team Manager skills (A Plus)
Part time position. Hourly starts at $22.50 and scales with qualification. Lessons pay at $50 per hour in addition to hourly pay. Hours average between 18 and 25 hours per week. Assisting with Club Events (Swim Meets, Camps, Masters Trans Tahoe Relay, Water Polo Tournaments, Awards Dinners, etc.) provide additional 200+ hours/year.
with Tigard Tualatin Swim Club
The Tigard-Tualatin Swim Club is conducting a search for both Age Group and Senior-Level Swim Coaches. TTSC is a multi-site team that operates out of pools in both Tigard and Tualatin, OR. We currently have approximately 130 swimmers ranging from age 5 to 18.
The Age Group/Senior-Level Coach of the Tigard-Tualatin Swim Club demonstrates energy, enthusiasm, responsibility and leadership. S/he will be involved in all aspects of the TTSC program, including (but not limited to) scheduling, training, performance, and safety.
- Plan and conduct 1-2 hours per day of on-deck coaching, working with their respective group.
- Communicate effectively with parents, swimmers, and other coaches (email, phone, face to face).
- Coordinate and develop group goals and curriculum.
- Attend all scheduled swim meets, meetings, and team functions as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Minimum of 1-year successful experience as a swim coach with a USA Swimming team is preferred (prior experience teaching swim lessons and/or coaching summer league also OK).
- Positive and energetic presence with a passion for teaching technique.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Current CPR, First Aid, Coaches Safety, and Safe Sport certifications and membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
Preferred start date: September 4th. The positions will remain open until filled. Salary range: $15-$17 per hour, commensurate with experience.
For more information about our team and programs, please visit our website at www.ttsc.org
with University of Utah
The University of Utah in Salt Lake City is searching for a new assistant coach for men’s and women’s swimming. This position will report to the Head Swimming & Diving Coach, and will assist the head coach in all aspects of running a successful program. Job duties will include assisting the head coach with design and implementation of swim workouts, technical instruction of swimmers, and coaching at swim meets. Duties will also include recruiting qualified student-athletes from an assigned region. Other administrative duties will be assigned by the head coach. All duties are to be performed with the well-being of student-athletes as a focus, and in compliance with all University of Utah, Pac-12 Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
Work Schedule Summary
Candidates must be able to work a flexible schedule including early mornings and weekends. The job requires significant travel as assigned by the head coach
Pay Rate Range
Salary is commensurate with experience
Bachelor’s Degree required, as well as a minimum of 2 years coaching swimming. Must pass a background check and maintain as a coach member in good standing with USA Swimming. CPR, First Aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches certifications required.
Master’s Degree preferred. Three or more years coaching elite swimmers in a highly competitive environment preferred. NCAA Division I coaching experience preferred.
with Iowa Lakes Community College
The Enrollment Coach is responsible for a caseload of prospective students, applicants and newly admitted students. They will serve as the primary point of contact for students within their assigned territories. Position will travel extensively and represent Iowa Lakes Community College across the state of Iowa and surrounding states. Position includes all responsibilities associated with coaching men’s and women’s swimming at the collegiate level including recruitment, training, academic support and instilling sportsmanship. Promote fundraising, awarding scholarships, management of program budgets and promotion of current players to four year institutions.
| % of Time
| Essential Duties / Responsibilities
1. Responsible for converting prospective students from point of inquiry, through registration, to a motivated and confident new Iowa Lakes student.
2. Serve as the primary point of contact for prospective students and help them navigate through the enrollment process while maintaining a high level of customer service throughout all interactions.
3. Advise prospective students on suitable programs in accordance with their goals and experiences while effectively communicating program requirements.
4. Create and maintain an accurate roster logging all contacts with prospective students.
5. Attend college day/night fairs throughout the school year.
6. Travel extensively in assigned areas with overnight travel.
7. Collaborate as part of the team responsible for recruiting and enrolling Iowa Lakes students.
8. Manage, direct and supervise activities and personnel associated with Men’s & Women’s Swimming including recruitment and preparation of student-athletes for intercollegiate competition.
9. Monitor and nurture student-athletes’ academic progress at the college and assist with placement at four-year colleges and universities.
10. Comply with NJCAA and ICCAC regulations.
11. Communicate effectively with staff and students.
|1. Assist with Career Day, College Day, Laker Visit Days, First Day Activities, Clay County Fair and summer Orientation Days for new and prospective students.
2. Assist in hosting visitors to campus by responding to questions, giving college tours and providing college information.
3. Assist students with program, advisement and admissions questions.
4. Promote fundraising activities with students, staff and the general public.
5. Meet with students, as necessary, to resolve conflicts.
6. Assure adherence to all Iowa Lakes Community College policies and procedures.
7. Develop and maintain schedules associated with Men’s and Women’s Swimming.
8. Create, monitor, and adhere to approved swimming budgets.
||1. Serve on assigned and voluntary committees.
2. Participate in all required professional development activities.
3. Supervise the operation, maintenance and repair of equipment and facilities.
4. Prepare and submit required conference and state reports.
5. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of general admissions processes and procedures practiced by post-secondary educational institutions.
- Represent the College in a positive manner to employees, students, visitors and the general public.
- Must be enthusiastic and energetic in performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to assume responsibility, deal effectively with problems and exercise good judgment when making decisions.
- Ability to organize, multi-task and communicate effectively.
- Must be a self starter and have the ability to function under limited supervision.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer for word processing, database information, and the mainframe.
- Thorough knowledge of office procedures, telephone techniques and office equipment, as well as correct English usage, grammar, punctuation and arithmetic.
- Ability to read and understand written and oral instructions or communications.
- Ability to efficiently perform tasks in an environment of frequent interruptions.
Light to medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (10-33%). Stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, and carrying frequently (34-66%). Walking, lifting, grasping and repetitive motion frequently (34-66%). Talking, hearing, and viewing various types of close visual work constantly (67-100%). Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and provide proof of insurance. Required to travel utilizing personal vehicle.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in related area required; Master’s Degree preferred. Possess excellent people skills and a thorough understanding of Iowa Lakes Community College and our role in the state educational system. Possess adequate computer skills and personal vehicle for extensive travel. Three years’ experience in student personnel area desired. Three years experience as Head Swimming Coach or a combination of four years experience as a Head Coach and Assistant Coach desired. Coaching, teaching and student personnel experience at the college level preferred.
Salary: $41,615/220 day contract
Fringe Benefits: Paid medical leave, vacation, and holidays. Employee health, dental, and vision insurance. Partially funded family insurance available. Employee life and disability insurance. Employee retirement plan.
with West Lafayette Junior Senior High School
- Develop, supervise, and administrate varsity swim program
- Provide instruction, plan, and coordinate practices
- Work with administration in developing schedules and hiring of swim staff
- Perform all administrative duties as assigned by administration
- Maintain knowledge of modern teaching and coaching techniques and follow all state and national association rules.
- Assist in overseeing security, maintenance, and improvement of swim facility.
- Extensive knowledge of meet management software and timing systems
- Yearly evaluations of all aspects of swim program.
- Successful coaching experience at the varsity level preferred but not required
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully lead and work with the administration, student-athletes, coaching staff, and community.
- WSI certification preferred, not required