with Patriot Aquatic Club
– Assist Lead Coaches in the creation of season plans for all levels
– Assist Lead Coaches in developing team drill progression
– Assist in workouts for all assigned groups. Ability to coach all ages.
– Assist Head Coach in planning and implementing group dryland workouts; supervise athletes during sessions
– Represent Patriot Aquatic Club respectfully
– Assist with meet management operations.
– Attend meets as requested by Head Coach (Local and travel meets).
– Assists athletes in setting, assessing, and monitoring ongoing season goals
– Possess basic knowledge on multiple social media platforms and how to use them
– Other duties as assigned
– Full Time, 40hr/week
with Rochester Swim Club
The Rochester Swim Club, a 400+ member aquatics organization in Rochester, Minnesota has a fall opening for a dynamic, fun and energetic Developmental Coach to lead our growing club. The coach will oversee the developmental side of the age group (12 and Under) program.
Located in beautiful southeast Minnesota, Rochester is home to the Mayo Clinic and IBM and has a strong swimming history. Our 400+ athletes span all competitive levels. With a strong swim school already in place we are dedicated to teaching and developing swimmers of all ages, skills and competition levels.
Our primary training facility is a newly renovated 8 lane 50 meter indoor
pool with moveable bulkhead. The facility is Short Course (16 lanes) September through March and Long Course (8 lanes) April through August. This facility also has a 4 lane, 25 Yard warm water pool used for our swim school and our bridge program between swim school and swim team in the evenings.
Duties of the Coach:
(A) Individual is a Team Player and understands the obligations of working within a larger coaching staff. Positive/Can-Do attitude and orientation is a must.
(B) Coach directs all aspects of Developmental 12-u Age Group swimmer training and competition in conjunction with Head Age Group Coach and Head Admin Coach.
(C) Work with Head Admin Coach and Club CEO to guide team activities, including meets, training trips, special events, and team building activities.
(D) Develop and Implement strategies in conjunction with the Head Admin Coach to recruit, retain and grow team enrollment in support of the Club’s goals.
(E) Work in conjunction with Head Admin Coach and Swim School coordinators to ensure ongoing success of the program in introducing swimmers to competitive swimming.
(F) Communicate with membership with weekly newsletter duties and email inquiries, handle all meet entries for groups they are responsible for, attends and contributes to weekly staff meetings.
(G) Weekly schedule for this position is 20-25 hours per week Monday thru Friday with 1-2 Weekends per month during competitive seasons. Our weekday schedule generally concludes no later than 7:30 pm each night. For Fall 2018 our Developmental Groups generally do not practice on Weekends.
(H) Basic knowledge of Team Unify platform and Google Office Suite is expected.
This is a year round, salaried position based on qualifications and experience. ASCA Level 1-2 Coach Certification preferred. Benefits for this full-time position include Health Insurance, 401K with match, HSA with employer contribution and other benefits (mileage and meals) for swim meets. All professional memberships (Red Cross, AAU/USA Swimming and ASCA Certifications) are paid for by the club.
South Jersey Aquatic Club is looking for an assistant swim coach to help-out with various age groups and develop swimmers in every stroke. Candidate must be a team player with a positive attitude, must be patient with children, is a role model for swimmers of all ages and committed to fostering a positive and healthy environment. Candidate must be able to swim and teach all strokes with a passion to do so.
- ASCA Member Level 1-3
- Member of USA Swimming
- Red Cross Lifeguard and First Aid certified (prefered)
- Red Cross CPR-PR/AED certified (preferred)
- Competitive swimming/ coaching experience
- Ability to work with swimmers of different ages and ability levels
- Passionate about the sport of swimming
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively information to parents and swimmers
- Develop and implement group/individual goals for assigned age group(s)
- Attend all practices for assigned age group(s)
- Attend all meets, clinics and other team functions
- Evaluate races and re-evaluate training/goals for group/individuals accordingly
- Complete meet entries for age groups as needed
- Coordinate with other coaches to ensure a seamless transition when swimmers advance to the next group
- Greet, acknowledge, engage and interact with members at all times.
- Initiate, develop and maintain positive relationships with participants.
- Quickly and efficiently responds to member questions, comments, and concerns
- Maintaining a safe pool environment during practices and meets
- Following team, USA Swimming policies, rules and regulations
- Be kind to parents and swimmers, act with integrity and be a role model to the swimmers
with Costa Mesa Aquatics Club
Costa Mesa Aquatics Club is seeking an age group coach to work primarily with our developmental group of 10 & unders. The primary group is the silver group – a developmental/skill based group of 6-8 year olds. Applicant will work closely with Head Age Group coach and co-facilitate 1-2 additional groups.
Our program trains out of the beautiful 50m facility located at Costa Mesa High School. We are a building program of roughly 100+ swimmers. We also run Junior Lifeguard Prep courses, club water polo, swim lessons, and a summer swim team. Please contact our Head Age Group coach to discuss training groups, practice schedule, and expectations.
The position requires approximately 7-10 hours of on-deck coaching per week. Groups attend an average of 1 weekend meet each month. Practices run weekdays Monday to Thursday, from roughly 4:30-6:30 PM, with the possibility of occasional Friday and/or Saturday sessions. Light administrative duties possible (monitoring attendance/group registrations, etc).
- Coaching experience at the club, high school, or lessons level preferred
- Strong communication, organizational and administrative skill
- An enthusiastic, motivated, and engaging presence
- Ability to obtain all required USA Swimming coach requirements
- Driver’s license and automobile for travel
We offer a highly competitive compensation based on qualifications, availability and commitment level. There are also other sources of income available through lessons, summer swim team, etc.
with Brandeis University
Brandeis University is looking to hire a full time swim coach to administer all aspects of the NCAA Division III men’s and women’s swimming and diving program competing in the University Athletic Association (UAA).
This person is in charge of specifically planning and implementing a training schedule, daily practices, meetings, coaching, recruiting, home meet management, travel management, attending division, department and UAA meetings, and program fund raising. They will additionally teach physical education classes as assigned.
- Coaches student-athletics in the sport of swimming and diving including directing a daily training and practice schedule to prepare for competition.
- Coordinates practice times with the department’s administration.
- Responsible for planning all in-season practice sessions and developing off-season training schedule and program.
- Directs all meet coaching at home and on the road including managing team travel details while traveling.
- Directs the student-athletics recruitment effort of the swimming and diving program including, evaluating prospective athletes and generating applications to the University.
- Responsible for annually recruiting an incoming class of swimming and diving student- athletes that contribute to the success of the team and to the University community at large.
- Advises swimming and diving student-athletes in areas of academic, disciplinary and personal matters as appropriate.
- Coordinates fund raising and alumni relations activities for the swimming and diving program including an annual alumni meet and annual team fund raisers.
- Promotes the program on campus and within the community.
- Teaches physical education classes within the University’s degree required physical education program including maintaining current certifications when applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree required, masters preferred.
- Experience coaching at the collegiate level required.
- CSCA level 3 and/or ASCA level 3 certification required.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations and understanding of the Division III student-athlete philosophy.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively and develop rapport with the students, staff, parents and community members.
- 3-5 years of total work related experience, with 1-3 years of supervisory/management experience.
with Highland Park Aquatic Club (HPAC)
Highland Park Aquatics Club (HPAC) Full Time Head Age Group Coach
HPAC in Highland Park, IL is looking for an experienced coach to lead our Age Group program and develop our 12&Under swimmers. HPAC trains 180 swimmers in a brand new 15 lane pool at Highland Park High School. We currently have 2 Central Zones qualifiers, 6 Illinois Age Group Champs finalists and several Illinois Regional qualifiers.
At HPAC we believe in focusing on the positive and building team camaraderie. We work with our parents to create a unified team to help each athlete attain their goals in swimming. We are looking for someone who is passionate about swimming and excited to serve as a mentor, educator and role model. This position reports directly to the HPAC Head Coach.
Position begins August 1st and is open until filled.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the Age Group program by planning and conducting swim practices
- Attend scheduled meets and help run all HPAC hosted meets
- Conduct 20-25 hours of on-deck coaching and 15-20 hours of administrative work
- Administrative work will be determined by the HPAC Head Coach
- Maintain daytime office hours. Respond to all emails and phone calls within 24 hours
- Establish and maintain relationships and open communication with swimmers and parents
- Participate in team projects, planning and programs while also supporting team activities
The ideal candidate has:
- 8+ years of coaching experience preferably at the club level
- 3+ years experience as the head of an age group program
- An impeccable understanding of swim stroke mechanics
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) and personal experience in competitive swimming
- Track record of swimmer retention & recruitment
- Ability and desire to work with parents as a part of swimmer development
- Track record of swimmer development at the State Championship level
- Intimate working knowledge with Team Unify & Meet Manager
- Experience organizing & hosting successful swim meets
- Experience developing & maintaining a team’s social media presence
- Must pass a background check from USA Swimming and have completed the USA Swimming coaching requirements (required)
- Current CPR/Safety Training certification
- Working knowledge of Team Unify and Hy-Tek systems as well proficiency in Microsoft Office software (preferred) .
Salary starts at $34,000-$38,000 and is commensurate with experience.
with Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics - Cardinal Site
Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics (Cardinal Site) is seeking qualified candidates for lead and assistant coaching positions with our competitive Age Group and Senior programs. Our team utilize multiple facilities in Palo Alto, California, and on the Stanford University Campus. Please contact the Head Coaches to receive a detailed description of the specific training group openings, which include Age Group and Senior.
Job Responsibility – Lead Coach
Lead Coach positions range from eight hours (10 & under coaches) to 15+ hours (Senior level coaches) of on-deck coaching per week. Groups attend 1-2 weekend meets per month. Practices run on weekday evenings and Saturday afternoons. Part time positions are also available.
Job Responsibility – Assistant Coach
Coaches will be responsible for between 4 – 15 hours of on-deck coaching per week, and may attend 1 weekend meet per month. Hours will depend on groups and coach availability.
- Desire & passion for developing swimmers at a competitive level.
- Coaching and managerial experience and/or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level.
- Strong communication, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Expertise with current technique development and training methodologies.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated team player.
- Minimum of ASCA Level 1 Certification or comparable.
PASA – Cardinal offers competitive compensation based on qualifications and coaching time commitment.
Please send a resume & references to Joey Sementelli at [email protected].
To find out more about the program at PASA – Cardinal, please visit pasacardinal.com.
with Parkway Swim Club
Parkway Swim Club Head Age Group Coach
We are looking to hire a qualified individual for the full-time position of Head Age Group Coach. This individual will work with our head coach to develop the whole team, and will work specifically with the 12-under program. This position requires a candidate with strong administrative, communication and people skills.
- Work under the direction of the head coach, leading the age group program (working specifically with the top tier of the age group program)
- Coach on deck, 1 morning practice a week and 5 evening practices, during school year.
- Coach on deck, 2-3 middle of the day practices during the summer and 4-5 evening practices
- Coach on deck, 2-3 meets/month
- Perform administrative functions including, but not limited to, swim meet entries, parent and athlete meetings, tracking attendance, merchandising, meet management, newsletter/website/social media content, and managing team statistics
- Attend team functions and team-building activities
- Be open to potential of leading National Prep group
Specific Group Responsibilities
- Directly coach the higher level age groups as well as beginning age groups.
- Bridge communication between other age group coaches and help continue to develop a strong age group program.
- High School Diploma
- Current coaching membership in good standing with USA Swimming
- Ability to pass all necessary background checks
- Current Red Cross CPR/AED/First Aid/Lifeguard Certifications, Safety Training for Coaches
- Ability to perform water rescue
- Experience with Hy-Tek, Team Unify, and Microsoft Office and Excel
- Minimum 2-3 years prior coaching experience
- Experience working with swimmers of all ages and abilities
- Experience working effectively with swim parents & assistant coaches
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university
- ASCA Level 2 certification
Physical Characteristics & Work Environment
- Indoor pool, occasional outdoor pool, and open water work environment
- Regular exposure to fumes, odors, humidity, and heat
- Occasional exposure to cold and rainy environments
- Ability to operate pool and instructional equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate with coaches, parents and swimmers
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling heavy objects as assigned
Application deadline will be August 3, 2018. We anticipate hiring by August 31st, but are open to an earlier start date.
- This is a year-round, 40 hour full-time position. Pay will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Employee is hired through the school district, and receive full benefits and retirement.
- Employee will receive comp time for swim meet weekends going over 40 hours per week.
- Coach apparel
- Reimbursement for education, certifications & meet expenses
with Mariner Swim Club
The Mariner Swim Club (MSC) is a year round USA Swiming competitive swim in Maryland. MSC prides itself on creating a positive environment and enriching experience for all members of the club with the goal to provide every member an opportunity to improve swimming skills and achieve success at his or her level of ability, from novice to elite level competitor. The home pool for MSC is located at The Gilman School located in the Roland Park are of Baltimore, MD.
The Head Coach will oversee all aspects of our swim team, and swim school, with direct coaching responsibilities for our highest level training group. The Head Coach will manage all hiring and personnel actions for competitive program and administrative staff . Potential candidates must possess Vision for MSC and an excellent ability to communicate that vision through all levels of the club.
with University of Wyoming
This is an at-will position.
Valid Driver’s License with a motor vehicle record that is compliant with the University Vehicle Use Policy Found at: http://www.uwyo.edu/auxserv/fleet/Official-Vehicle-Policy/OVP.pdf required.
The University of Wyoming invites diverse applicants to consider our employment opportunities. We are also especially interested in candidates who have experience working with diverse populations and/or diverse initiatives.
The University of Wyoming, a Division I member of the NCAA and member of the Mountain West Conference (Women’s Swimming and Diving) and the Western Athletic Conference (Men’s Swimming and Diving), has an immediate full-time opening for the Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach position.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
At a minimum, the successful applicant for this position must possess:
Further consideration will be given to those applicants who possess:
Complete on-line application and upload the following as one document: cover letter, resume and contact information for three work-related references.
This position is open until filled, however review of resumes will begin on July 9th, 2018. Priority will be given to applications received by this deadline.
The University of Wyoming is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law and University policy. To review the EEO is the Law Poster and its Supplement, please see The Diversity & Fairness page.
Pursuant to Wyoming State law, W.S. 19-14-102, as amended, an honorably discharged veteran who has been a resident of the state of Wyoming for one (1) year or more at any time prior to the date when the veteran applies for employment, or any surviving spouse who was married to such veteran at the time of the veteran’s death, who is receiving federal survivor benefits based on the veteran’s military service and is applying for employment, shall receive an interview preference during the applicant screening process with the University of Wyoming. At the time of application the applicant must possess the business capacity, competency, education or other qualifications required for the position. If disabilities do not materially interfere with performance of job duties, disabled veterans will be given preference over able-bodied veterans. Appropriate documentation of veteran status must be provided at time of application as outlined in the application process. No preference will be given to a veteran currently employed by a public department.
We conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Offers of employment are contingent upon the completion of the background check.
Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Welcome to Laramie
The University of Wyoming is located in Laramie, a town of 30,000 in the heart of the Rocky Mountain West. The state of Wyoming continues to invest in its university, helping to make it a leader in academics, research and outreach. The university has state-of-the-art facilities in many areas and the community provides the advantages of a major university.
Located in a high mountain valley near the Colorado border, Laramie offers both outstanding recreational opportunities and close proximity to Colorado’s Front Range, a bustling group of metropolitan cities including Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. This beautiful mountain landscape offers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons, with over 300 days of sunshine annually. For more information about the region, please visit http://visitlaramie.org/
with Stingrays Swimming
Stingrays Swimming is seeking enthusiastic Full-time and Part-time coaches to work with all of our groups from Developmental to Senior level at multiple locations all around the Historic Fredericksburg, VA.
The available positions are at three of our practice facilities: Massad YMCA, near downtown Fredericksburg; Rosner YMCA, in Spotsylvania County just south of Fredericksburg; Jeff Rouse Swim and Sport Center, just north of Fredericksburg in Stafford County. All of our locations are about an hour drive outside of DC Metro Area and in a prime location to get to the beach in the Summer (less than 2 hours) and the mountains in the winter (less than an hour).
- High School Diploma
- Coaching experience and/or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level
- Desire and passion for the sport of swimming
- Strong communication, organizational and administrative skills.
- Assist or conduct workouts 3-6 days a week
- Workouts are in the evening after school between 3:30-8pm
- Participation in evening and weekend meets are required.
- Maintain all certification in good standing with USA Swimming.
- Safety Certification: Current CPR, First Aid Certification, and Safety Training for Swim Coaches or Lifeguard Certification.
- Athlete Protection Training (Through USA Swimming)
- Background Check (Through USA Swimming)
- Foundation of Coaching (Through USA Swimming)
We offer competitive compensation based on qualifications.
with Williams College
Head Assistant Coach of Men’s and Women’s Swimming
Williams College, a Division III Institution and a member of the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC), is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Coach of the nationally ranked Men’s and Women’s swimming programs. This is a full time, 10-month, term appointment with the possibility of renewal.
The Assistant Men’s and Women’s coach is responsible for providing assistance to the Head Coach in all aspects of the program, including but not limited to player development, on deck coaching, assistance with seasonal and workout planning, assistance with dry-land training, recruiting, travel logistics, administrative and meet management responsibilities as well as coordinating lifeguards and pool monitors.
We are especially interested in individuals who have experience with diverse populations who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of athletic opportunities at Williams. Candidates from under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. In your cover letter, please highlight your experience with and commitment to supporting diverse and inclusive communities.
Bachelor’s degree and college level swimming experience required. Multiple years of high-level coaching preferred. Successful candidates will be self motivated and possess the ability to teach and coach highly talented student-athletes in a challenging academic environment; in addition to a knowledge and commitment to NCAA and NESCAC rules. Effective communication skills are required.
For optimal consideration please submit cover letter and resume by July 14, 2018, review of resumes will continue until filled. Job Group 3-C.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
To apply for this position, please visit staff-careers.williams.edu. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-4247 or email at [email protected]
Williams College is a coeducational liberal arts institution, offering undergraduate education to its 2,000 students. The College has built its reputation on a long tradition of outstanding teaching and scholarship and on the academic excellence of its students. Among the opportunities that Williams offers its students and approximately 260 faculty members are interdisciplinary programs and centers, including the Multicultural Center, the Oakley Center for the Humanities and Social Sciences, and the Center for Environmental Studies as well as extensive library and museum collections, expanding theatre and dance facilities, a center for information technology, well-equipped laboratories, and a broad-based athletics program. See also Williams College website (http://www.williams.edu).
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn, and thrive.
with Greater Pensacola Aquatic Club
Position: The Greater Pensacola Aquatic Club (GPAC), a member of USA and Southeastern Swimming, is accepting resumes for the position of Assistant Swim Coach.
Duties: The candidate must be an enthusiastic motivator with a love for the sport who is able to work well with children and be able to communicate well with the swimmers and their parents. Candidate must also be willing to be an integral contributing member of a coaching team and possess strong organizational and communication skills. Candidates must be able to coach within a pre-established training progression for athletes. Other administrative responsibilities will include but are not limited to meet entries, meet operations, day to day office duties, marketing and special projects. The primary coaching duties will be with age group swimmers (PM Practices) however a few practices per week will be as an assistant senior coach (AM practices). Candidates will be on deck between 25 and 30 hours per week and will coach 8-10 practices per week over 6 days.
- Ability to maintain all required USA Swimming coach requirements. (Required)
- College Degree (preferred),
- Competitive Swimming Experience (required),
- Swim Coaching Experience (required), preferably with a USA Swimming or YMCA Swimming team, ASCA level 2 certification (preferred)
- Experience with the TeamUnify platform, Hy-Tek Software, Colorado timing equipment, Microsoft Office Products and Google Drive. (required)
- Driver’s license and automobile for travel. (required)
- Ability to move heavy equipment for swim meet set up or as otherwise required.
Background: GPAC is a parent run non-profit (501c3) organization of 175+ swimmers, based in Pensacola, Florida. Pensacola is located on Northwest Florida’s panhandle and all of our pools are less than 30 minutes to the beach. Florida does not have income tax and Escambia County has a cost of living well below the national average. Along with our competitive swim team we also run a swim school which consists of 60+ swimmers per month, a masters group, swim clinics and summer leagues. Our facilities include one 6 lane 25 yard pool and one 8 lane 50 meter pool both of which are on college campuses. GPAC has been in existence for over 40 years, is a very stable program and has a long history of success. To learn more about the Greater Pensacola Aquatic Club, see our web page at www.gpacswimteam.org
- Pay Range ($33,000 – $38,000) based on ASCA level, degree held, knowledge and experience
- All coaches receive a cell phone stipend and may receive bonuses.
- Full time positions offer additional benefits such as health insurance and retirement contributions.
- GPAC will also reimburse for appropriate meet expenses, professional certifications and coaching memberships.
with Sterling Stingrays Swim Club
The Stingray Swim Team Director/Head Coach is responsible for providing leadership and supervision of the District’s Stingray Swim Club, aquatic programs and any other assigned programs, activities and areas.
The Stingray Team Director/Head Coach is responsible for performing the essential functions as outlined in this job description. Stingray Team Director/Head Coach is a full-time/exempt employee who may work in excess of fifty (50) hours per week. Work pace varies depending on the task required. The position requires the ability to work in the hard level (100 lbs. or less).
Salary range is between $40,000 to $70,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS-STINGRAY TEAM DIRECTOR/HEAD COACH
- Responsible for the day-to-day direction, hands on guidance and involvement in all aspect of the Stingray Swim Club, including working with swimmers, parents and coaching staff.
- Responsible for effectively coaching one or more age group levels as well as setting strong, positive, enthusiastic and highly energetic tone for all age groups.
- Oversees and manages the process of meet selection, meet entries, scheduling and coordinating of home and away meets.
- Responsible for the recruiting, supervising, evaluating and managing the performance and professional development of all Assistant Coaches.
- Develops and implements the latest and most effective training plans for stroke technique, training, dryland progressions and taper strategies for a wide range of swimmer ages and abilities.
- Provides active involvement in the recruitment, development and the progression of swimmers in all age groups that will both maintain and grow team membership.
- Works with all swimmers and parents in determining appropriate goals; and, fosters in swimmers, important attitudes and skills such as discipline, goal setting, time management and healthy habits that will benefit them throughout life.
- Regularly communicates with swimmers and families through a variety of channels and methods, including but not limited to regular swimmer and parent meetings, newsletters, emails, SPD/SSSC websites, etc.
- Responsible in securing team and meet sponsors as well as the coordination of all team fundraisers.
- Develops and promotes aquatic programs and activities including but not limited to social and competitive programs/activities for youth and adults, private and group lessons, clinics, camps, and special events.
- Assists in the development and implementation of pricing and other strategies to recruit new and retain current aquatic participants.
- Recruits, recommends, selects, trains, supervises, schedules and evaluates part-time personnel under the direction of the Duis Recreation Center Manager. Conducts an on-going evaluation of the District’s aquatic related staffing needs and makes adjustments to ensure programs operate efficiently and create an environment for success.
- Monitors trends in aquatic programs to ensure the District is offering the best/latest in facilities, equipment, programs, and activities.
- Evaluates, recommends, and prepares specifications and purchases of aquatic related equipment and supplies.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative planning and working relationships with other local community agencies and service organizations.
- Evaluates assigned areas on a regular basis. Prepares and issues reports as needed and as requested.
- Coordinates staff, pool schedules, swim meets and other events with the Duis Recreation Center Manager.
- Publicizes aquatic related and other assigned programs/areas/activities to the community through a wide variety of formats with the assistance of the Duis Center Manager and the District’s Marketing Manager.
- Assist in the preparation of the budget; recommend expenditures for assigned areas in accordance with said budget.
with Buffalo Area Aquatic Club (BAAC)
Responsibilities: BAAC’s Assistant Coach will:
– Collaborate with the team’s Head Coach to develop seasonal training plans for Novice, Age Group, and Advanced practice groups within the philosophy of BAAC’s program.
– design and conduct our Novice & Advanced groups, including developing and implementing dryland workouts.
– Create fun and engaging, yet challenging, skills-based practices.
– Attend all swim meets in which swimmer’s from under their direction are attending (usually one to two meets a month).
– Attend and participate in all staff meetings as requested by the Head Coach.
– Collaborate with the entire staff to develop benchmarks for measuring our swimmers’ improvement and increasing opportunities for all swimmers on the team.
– Work with the Head Coach to oversee individual and team entries, submit entries and post any relevant meet information to our website.
– Track swimmers’ training goals and statistics along with monthly attendance figures. This includes individual goal meetings with swimmers on a seasonal basis and any additional meetings as needed.
– Participate and provide input to Head Coach on the hiring of new staff members.
– Attend and participate in our LSC House of Delegates meetings.
– Experience with Team Unify and Hy-Tek is recommended. Ability to learn quickly is required if the applicant is not familiar.
– Strong organizational skills and ability to give attention and critiques to all coached athletes on a daily basis in practice environments.
– Ability to meet all USA Swimming certification and coaching requirements (CPR, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, USA Background Check, Athlete Protection Training, etc.
– Passion and excitement for the sport of swimming and teaching athletes is a must.
Compensation: This is an hourly position with compensation based on qualifications and experience. Job-related education and travel expenses are covered or reimbursed.
Email resume or inquiry to Dave Borden, Board President at [email protected].
Buffalo Area Aquatic Club
PO Box 425
Getzville, NY 14068