Location: 320 South Main Street, Olivet, MI, USA
with Olivet College
Assistant Swimming and Diving Coach
Olivet College is announcing a search for a part time Assistant Swimming and Diving Coach with duties beginning August 1st, and finishing May 31st. Olivet College is located in south central Michigan in the town of Olivet, MI, which is a close knit, rural community offering quiet streets and natural surroundings, yet is not more than 30 minutes from the larger cities of Lansing and Battle Creek. Both are small enough to be friendly and large enough to boast many of the big city amenities.
Olivet College was founded in 1844 on the principle that the future of humanity rests in the hands, hearts and minds of those who will take responsibility for themselves and others in an increasingly diverse society. Open since its founding to all regardless of race, gender or ability to pay, Olivet College is one of the most diverse private liberal arts institutions in the state and actively seeks diversity in its students and employees.
The student body is composed of a strong mixture of first-generation, urban, rural and students from all socioeconomic backgrounds, with 50 percent qualifying annually for Federal Pell Grants. Olivet College faculty and staff are committed to providing personalized, individualized attention for students who seek academic and personal success. Olivet College competes in Division III of the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association, the oldest athletic conference in the nation.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in appropriate area of specialization
- Knowledge of NCAA, MIAA and institutional rules and regulations
- Previous successful coaching or participation experience at the college level
- Ability to work effectively with Head Swimming and Diving Coach
- Evening and weekend hours essential
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be cleared to drive college vehicles
- Two year commitment preferred
- Provide Head Coach with assistance in the areas of coaching and development of team, recruiting, academic monitoring of student-athletes and assisting with travel plans.
- Operate within the standards of Olivet College, the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
- Recruitment of student athletes who meet the College’s admission requirements. Meets annual recruitment goals as developed by the Director of Athletics
- Collaborates with the Sports Information Director and the Head Coach for the positive promotion of the Swimming and Diving program. Areas included should be individual and team statistics, media guides, reports to NCAA, MIAA, individual accolades on and off the field and Web Site updates
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach
Olivet College is an equal opportunity employer and takes affirmative steps to employ women and minorities.
Location: 1 Hawk Drive, New Paltz, NY, USA
with SUNY New Paltz
The State University of New York at New Paltz is accepting applications for two part-time, per diem Men’s and Women’s Swimming assistant coaches, The successful candidates will: assist with all aspects of NCAA Division III Swimming Program, including coaching on deck, student recruitment and development, weight training, compliance with NCAA, SUNYAC, and SUNY New Paltz rules and regulations.
The successful candidate will assist and participate in the implementation of practices and intercollegiate competitions, and teach necessary skills from the basic fundamentals to the techniques and strategies of competition.
The candidate will promote and foster a positive team environment, display appropriate behavior and encourage sportsmanship by team members. He or she will be responsible for ensuring that their conducts upholds the standards in accordance with the team and department code of conduct.
Bachelor’s degree Collegiate swimming experience (preferred)
Strong organizational and communication skills
Understanding of HyTek Suite and meet manager protocols
First Aid/ CPR/AED certification
Lifeguard certification (preferred)
Location: 750 S Oak St, Oxford, OH, USA
with Miami (OH) Swimming & Diving
To assist the head swimming coach in the administration and operation of the swimming program consistent with the policies of Miami University, the National Collegiate Athletic Association, and other appropriate governing bodies (i.e. Mid-American Conference)
-Assist the head coach in the planning and administration of daily workouts.
-Assist in team travel under the direction of the head coach.
-Assist in equipment ordering, tracking and distribution.
-Assist in academic monitoring.
-Monitor, track and submit CARA logs weekly.
-Plan team functions throughout the season (i.e. team building, banquet, etc.) including reservations of facilities.
-Develop and implement a strategic plan for the team’s social media platforms and coordinate messaging with the sports information department.
-Work with the head coach to develop and distribute newsletters for various publics.
-Meet entry submissions through Hy-Tek.
-Perform other duties as assigned by the head coach.
-Execute all necessary responsibilities in the absence of the head coach.
-Conduct the swimming program in accordance with all NCAA rules, including attendance at compliance meetings, appropriate record keeping for recruiting and playing/practice season, monitoring eligibility of student-athletes in the program, successfully completing the annual NCAA Certification test, and assisting in the education of student-athletes about NCAA rules and participate in department activities, including service on committees and attendance at all scheduled meetings.
-This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and conference rules and regulations.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree; experience coaching at the collegiate, high school, club level and/or equivalent professional experience; knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s Degree; experience coaching at the Division I level.
Location: 3100 Brookside Drive, Hannibal, MO, USA
with YMCA of Hannibal
YMCA OF HANNIBAL
Position Title: Aquatics Director
Reports To: CEO
Classification: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000-$35,000 plus Performance Incentives
Benefits: Full Medical, Vision, HSA, Life, & Y Retirement
YMCA of Hannibal is seeking a full-time Aquatics Director. The ideal candidate would have experience in operating an Aquatics Center and all Aquatics Programming. Job Summary and Responsibilities are listed below:
The Aquatics Director is responsible for the planning, development, administration, growth and evaluation of all Aquatic programs, along with monitoring pool maintenance.
Aquatics Director General Responsibilities:
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Establish new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
- Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health safety regulations.
- Conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pool, spa and sauna. Secures and schedules pool facilities. Maintain accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
- Conducts lifeguarding, swim instruction, first aid and CPR Trainings.
- Maintain proper records, including staff certifications, staff meetings, and daily logs used for policy and procedure review so that information can be reviewed at any time.
- Creates and schedules swim classes, water fitness classes, and swim team practices and meets.
- Develop, administer, and control the aquatic department budget and take appropriate action to maintain the fiscal integrity of the department.
- Assists in YMCA fundraising activities and special events.
- Responds to all member and community inquires and complaints in timely manner.
- Complies program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in programs.
- Works closely with Head Swim Team Coach, providing assistance for coordinating practice times and meet schedules.
- All other duties as assigned by CEO
Skills, Education, and Experience:
- W.S.I and/or YMCA Lifeguard Instructor Certification
- CPR, First Aid, AED, Blood borne Pathogens Instructor Certification
- YMCA Progressive Swim Certifications preferred
- Certified Lifeguard, Principles of Aquatic Leadership, Swim Instructor certified preferred
- Certified Pool Operator Certification preferred
- Minimum 2 years aquatics experience in a supervisory role
- College Degree preferred
Swimming, speaking, hearing, seeing, reading, writing, typing, lifting, walking, standing
The Aquatics Director will work in both an office setting with use of computer and other office equipment to perform job functions, as well as performing on the pool deck and other areas of the Aquatics Center.
Location: Terre Haute, IN, USA
with Indiana State University
Assists in the planning, recruiting, travel preparation, organizing and coaching of the Indiana State University Women’s Swimming & Diving team.
Location: 1416 Berwyn Paoli Rd, Berwyn, PA, USA
with Upper Main Line YMCA
Head Age Group Coach & Lifeguard
The Upper Main Line YMCA (UMLY) is seeking an experienced person to work a full-time position of head age group coach for our 9-12 year-old swim team groups. The candidate will play an integral role on our both our Aquatics and Competitive staff team. The UMLY team is nationally ranked in YMCA Swimming, having just placed 4th at YMCA Nationals. We also have maintained a USA Swimming Bronze Level recognition for the past 3 years. The successful candidate will oversee the training and development of our age groups 2 and 3 (Approximately 100 swimmers). This person will be responsible for leading part-time assistant coaches. This is a full time hourly position (40 hours per week). The typical week is 30 hours coaching and 10 hours guarding. During the weeks that team is not in session, this position will work the majority of hours in the aquatics department.
- Age group coaching experience – 3 years preferred.
- ASCA level 3 certification or equivalent preferred.
- Ellis lifeguard certification or ability to secure it (we train).
- High School graduate
- The successful candidate should also possess strong leadership, communication, organization skills.
- Must be available evenings and weekends for practice/meets. Travel to meets is required.
- The candidate must be able to adhere to the YMCA vision/core values.
For more information contact Lou Petto 610-647-9622 x 2020 or [email protected]
Location: 1952 Lindsay Rd, Nashville, NC 27856, USA
with Chowan University
Chowan University, a NCAA Division II institution rich in athletic tradition, invites applications for the position of Assistant Coach – Men’s & Women’s Swimming. Chowan University is a graduate, co-educational, residential, church-related institution located on a beautiful campus in northeastern North Carolina in the historic town of Murfreesboro.
This is a full-time, 12-month, exempt position with competitive salary and excellent benefits. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, assisting the Head Coach/Director in all aspects of the swim team program including recruiting, scheduling, fund-raising, conducting practice sessions and contests, as well as maintaining compliance with all NCAA Division II regulations. A demonstrated commitment to high academic standards as well as healthy lifestyles for student-athletes is required. A bachelor’s degree (master’s degree a plus) is required along with collegiate swim team participation and/or coaching experience at the college level.
Application review begins immediately and continues until filled. Interested candidates are encouraged to visit our Web site at www.chowan.edu. Chowan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, genetic information or age in its programs and activities.
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
with Sunsational Swim School
Sunsational Swim School is seeking experienced Swim Instructors to teach lessons at clients’ home and community pools nationwide. As a Sunsational private swim instructor, you’ll travel to local home pools to teach students 1-on-1 in the comfort of their home or community pool. You’ll enjoy the opportunity to work with a variety of students, from beginner to advanced, infant to adult, all at your own choice.
Sunsational Swim School Benefits
- As an independent contractor, you pick which clients to work with & teach when and where you want
- Complete freedom – create your own schedule and teach lessons as you want
- Great pay starting at $30-$45/hour (depending upon your area & lessons)
- Have many clients to choose from and Immediate work available
- Friendly, San Diego based office staff to support you 7-days a week
- Gain committed students that sign up for 6-18 lessons
- On average, Sunsational Instructors make 70%+ more than a location based swim school
- Insurance coverage is provided for all Sunsational students you teach
- Feel supported with our San Diego based office staff who handles all the details for you
- Experience teaching swim lessons (at least 2 seasons)
- Reliable transportation
- Passion for teaching & working with children
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and able to work independently
Sunsational is the largest provider of private, at-home swimming lessons in America. Join the nation’s #1 network of top swim instructors and teach swim lessons when and where you want.
Location: 2 College Hill, Westminster, MD, USA
with McDaniel College Swimming
McDaniel College invites applications for a Graduate Assistant Swimming Coach. Reporting to the Head Coach, The Graduate Assistant for Swimming is responsible for supporting the management of the swimming program at the college. Duties will include support in coaching, recruiting, practice and game organization and team operations, retention and administration. In addition, graduate assistants will serve as game management staff at assigned off-season intercollegiate contests as assigned by the department. Additional duties may be assigned.
Salary for this 12-month part time position includes Full time Graduate coursework, housing, an hourly stipend, and a part time meal plan. Visit College website for details.
Location: McLean, VA, USA
with The FISH Swim Team
The FISH Swim Team, located in McLean, VA, is seeking a full-time swim coach to work with all levels of the program – and to be the primary coach for the 9-12 developmental group. This group is one of the foundations of our program; and is a great opportunity to coach some up and coming young kids with a lot of enthusiasm for the sport.
Located just outside of Washington DC, we are in a great swimming environment and a wonderful area to start or further a career in swim coaching. We are a team of 350+ swimmers with levels ranging from novice 8 & Unders to Olympic Trial qualifiers. We have a close-knit coaching staff that is hardworking, ambitious, and proud of our accomplishments together. Over the past few seasons, we have achieved Silver Medal Club status, our women won the LC Eastern Sectionals in March, we placed second overall at the ISCA Elite Showcase Classic, and we’ve had numerous AAA and AAAA times, as well as National Top 10 rankings. We are looking for someone who is just as passionate about the sport as we are, someone who is dynamic and willing to learn, and has a proven record of developing and inspiring swimmers to succeed.
Job Tasks Include:
- Lead coach for the 9-12-year-old Age Group FISH program.
- Plan and conduct swim practices in accordance with the Head Coach and other coaching staff.
- Assist with other training groups as needed.
- Attending scheduled USA swim meets (about 1-2 weekends per month), as well as assist with FISH-hosted meets, eventually as Meet Director.
- Recruitment of new swimmers, including conducting summer stroke clinics at several pools in the area.
- Administrative tasks such as meet entries, newsletters, and updating The FISH website, etc.
- Coaching Membership in good standing with USA swimming.
- Minimum 2+ years coaching experience, preferably at the Club level.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge of TeamUnify.
- Knowledge of Hy-Tek Meet Manager and Team Manager preferred.
- Ability to motivate and inspire swimmers of all ages and create a positive learning environment.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full time benefits include 50% payment toward health and dental plan, 401 K, paid vacation and sick leave, and payment for USA certifications, background checks, etc. We also offer many opportunities for coach growth and development, including ASCA and ISCA clinics, traveling to high level meets, and training trips.
Location: Tallahassee, FL, USA
with Florida State University
Assists the Head Coach with personnel (including hiring and supervision of staff, undergraduate/graduate assistants, and volunteers) and their responsibilities, budgeting, scheduling, travel, meals, recruiting, scouting, purchase and care of equipment, coaching, giving appropriate direction to student-athletes as it relates to academics, while adhering to all NCAA, Athletics Department and University rules and regulations. In keeping with the University policy for equal opportunity and pluralism, the coach will provide a climate and culture that brings together and promotes through education, all individuals without regard to their background, race, origin, gender, culture, religion, beliefs, or physical or mental abilities. Assists the Head Coach in implementing policies and guidelines for all swimming and diving personnel and student-athletes, design academic guidelines for student-athletes within the framework of NCAA, ACC, Athletics Department and University rules and regulations.
Assists the Head Coach in determining the scope and purpose of the swimming and diving program. Assists with establishing and implementing recruiting, academic, athletic, and community service policies for student-athletes. Assists with swimming and diving summer camp. Maintains current skills and techniques in coaching, recruiting, training and general management of a Division I-A intercollegiate sports program while adhering to Athletics Department, University, ACC and NCAA rules and regulations.
Assists the Head Coach in the direct supervision of all student-athletes that participate in the swimming and diving program. Provides leadership and instruction in a student-athlete’s personal and athletic development, to include counseling in academic, disciplinary, and personal matters, when appropriate. Assist the Head Coach in supervising support staff to include paid, volunteer, undergraduate and graduate assistants to ensure their compliance with applicable Athletics Department, University, ACC, NCAA rues, policies and procedures. Provides training and guidance as appropriate.
Assist the Head Coach with budget preparation.
A Bachelor’s degree and one year coaching experience at the high school level or above. Successful experience as a graduate assistant or intern in an athletic program is acceptable for up to one year of experience. Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations. Experience coaching swimming and diving.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
Location: 7900 Renner Rd, Shawnee, KS, USA
with Johnson County Park & Recreation
Responsibilities: Johnson County Park & Recreation District seeks an energetic competitive assistant swim coach to join our team! This position: Assists in hiring, training, and supervising site coaches, ensuring all programs are implemented in a safe and effective fashion. Sets detailed practice schedules, arranging aquatic facility rentals as needed. Sets detailed development plan for athletes, ensuring appropriate site coaches adhere to and implement the plan to ensure athlete development. Is responsible for ensuring adherence to USA Swimming Safe Sport guidelines. Cultivates and maintains relationships with athlete parents, community organizations, school districts, and other swim groups to ensure productive partnerships are formed and maintained at a level of excellence. Assists in implementing public relations and communication plan to promote the value of the Kansas City Blazers organization. Responsible for designing and organizing clinics and special events. Assists with all meet responsibilities. Assists with travel plans for team travel. Days/Hours: M-F, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. & 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m., weekends as needed.
Requirements: Education: High School diploma, preferred Bachelor’s degree in Recreation or related field. Experience may be substituted for degree. Experience: Two years swim coaching experience and two years aquatic programming. Knowledge of stroke and turn mechanics. Ability to create collaborative partnerships within the regional swimming community. Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to supervise and lead part-time staff to provide excellent customer service. Attention to detail in formulating practice schedules and development plans. Project management skills to assist overall membership and budget goals. Knowledge of swimming stroke and turning mechanics. The successful candidate must possess a valid driver’s license and pass driving and criminal history background checks.
We offer great benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance. Retirement plans: KPERS and optional deferred compensation plan with a 3% employer match.
Location: St. Norbert College, Grant Street, De Pere, WI, USA
with St. Norbert College
St. Norbert College a nationally-ranked, private, Catholic, liberal arts college is seeking a full-time Head Swim Coach and Aquatics Director. This position is responsible for all aspects of the intercollegiate men’s and women’s swimming programs as well as the overall management of the aquatics facility.
St. Norbert College, a Catholic institution rooted in the Norbertine tradition, welcomes applications from members of all backgrounds and faith traditions. The College’s mission emphasizes the Norbertine vision of community and includes providing “an educational environment that fosters intellectual, spiritual and personal development.” We seek those who will contribute to our mission and support our commitment to building a vibrant, diverse and spiritually engaged community. MISSION STATEMENT
The College offers an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, and life insurance, retirement plan; paid time-off and tuition waiver.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt until position is filled.
St. Norbert College is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to enhancing the diversity of our people, ideas and talents. We welcome individuals with diverse experiences, backgrounds, and skills to join our college community in our pursuit of inclusion and excellence. Applications from members of underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged.
Location: Cayman Islands
with Sky Blue Aquatics
Mobile Swim Instructor in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands! We teach in the comfort and convenience of our client’s home pool. All ages-babies to adults. Learn to Swim and Stroke Improvement. www.skyblueaquatics.com
Location: 616 W North Bend Rd, Cincinnati, OH, USA
with Cincinnati Marlins
The Cincinnati Marlins, a team of 350 athletes, are seeking a Head Age Group Coach at our Central location (Keating Natatorium). This is a Full-time opportunity.
- Plan season training for the age groups and write practices.
- Coordinate & implement training plan at assigned practice sessions including dryland.
- Attend meets where age group swimmers are in attendance.
- Complete meet entries for all athletes.
- Communicate with the Head Coach on training principles and Saturday practice plans that include all Marlins locations.
- Communicate with group parents regarding practices, meets and concerns.
- Work with all age group coaches to determine move ups for the swimmers.
- Create practice schedules and meet schedules with the head coach.
- Competitive swimming background.
- 5 years USA Swimming coaching experience.
- Strong understanding of training principles and technique development.
- Strong work ethic, motivator, and communication skills.
- Energy and passion for the sport and youth development.
- Applicants must be current with all USA Swimming safety coaching requirements or be willing to obtain them.
- Applicants must be able to pass a USA Swimming background check prior to final hire.
- Start Date: Sept 1
- For more information about the Marlins, visit our website at www.cincy-marlins.com