Location: 300 Fraser Purchase Road, Latrobe, PA, USA
with Saint Vincent College
The successful candidate will be actively involved in the recruitment, retention, and day to day operations of the Saint Vincent College Swimming Program.
The position includes: a living stipend of $5,000 and a tuition waiver to enroll in a graduate program at Saint Vincent College. The anticipated start date is August 16, 2020.
Responsibilities: Duties include but are not limited to assisting the Head Coach with all facets of training, recruiting, and retention for the swimming program.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree is required. Prior experience as a collegiate swimmer or having worked in college swimming is preferred, but not necessary. Exceptional attention to detail, well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with all persons regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, and physical challenges. Application must demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively within a team-oriented office environment and interact in a positive manner with students, faculty, staff, visitors, and the public. Admission into the Graduate Program is a requirement for consideration for this position.
Location: Spring, TX, USA
with Swim Streamline at Northampton
Swim Streamline at Northampton (SSAN) is seeking qualified applicants for a FULL TIME AGE GROUP COACH. SSAN is a year-round swim team in the Spring/Woodlands area of Houston, Gulf Swimming. In our 12th year, with a roster of 300 athletes, we are seeking an experienced coach to work with our Home school and Age Group Programs.
SSAN is a coach owned program. All team decisions are based on the continued focus of Building the Base through dedication, excellence, and tradition.
- Previous coaching experience required (ASCA level 2 or higher preferred).
- 3 + years of year coaching experience.
- Coaching membership in good standing.
- Candidates should have experience that illustrates exceptional communication and motivation skills with children, taking into consideration varied social, emotional, and physical attributes.
- Have an attitude of inclusion and team building.
- Ability to work, train, and instruct multiple practice groups either 5:30-7:30 a.m. & 3:00-8:00 pm or 1:00-6:30 pm every day Monday to Friday, plus Saturday morning. Hours subject to change.
- Must be willing to work and communicate as a coaching team.
- Strong stroke technique background, patience working with younger swimmers, and keep swimming fun mentality.
- Strong customer service and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Must co- work with other Lead Coaches, while working independently with your groups.
- Must attend all scheduled staff meetings, meets, and practices as assigned.
- Knowledge of Hytek Meet Manager, Team Manager, and Team Unify, team administration skills are key.
- Must be energetic, outgoing, a self-starter, and give feedback daily to every swimmer, every stroke, every day!
- Experience with workout and season planning.
- All current USA Certifications.
Opportunity: This position offers a fantastic opportunity for advancement with one of the fastest growing, and rapidly improving clubs. Salary is commensurate with experience. Health care is offered.
Location: 300 W Hawthorne Rd, Spokane, WA 99251, USA
with Whitworth University
Whitworth University is seeking an Assistant Swim Coach and Assistant Director for Community Programs.
Under the supervision of the Aquatic Center Director and Head Swim Coach, this position is responsible for assisting the head coach in developing a NCAA Division III men’s and women’s swimming program as well as management and running of the aquatic center. This is including but not limited to: recruitment of prospective student-athletes; training and development of team (both academically and athletically); liaison for academics and other departments on campus; assisting with camp and clinics, and administration of the swim team as well as assisting in overall management of the aquatic center.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferred.
Experience: A minimum of 3 years coaching and or competitive swimming experience at a high level is required. Experience in program development as a USA Swimming certified coach, high school coach or college coach is preferred. Knowledge of NCAA and Title IX compliance preferred.
Interested candidates may view the job description and apply at https://www.whitworth.edu/administration/humanresources/jobs.aspx?typeid=2
Location: 400 Normandy St, Cary, NC 27511, USA
with Triangle Aquatic Center
Title: Events & Lifeguard Manager
Department: Triangle Aquatic Center
Reporting: Director of Operations
As the Events & Lifeguard Manager for the facility, the successful candidate will be accountable for leading team-oriented efforts to meet TAC’s high-quality standards in attracting, planning and organizing, and ultimately executing all activities related to hosting local, state, regional, and national level swim meets and events at the facility. Responsible for event budget targets, the candidate will work a flexible schedule, but must be willing to work weekends when events are typically held. Candidate will also be responsible daily management of staff lifeguards, including staffing, scheduling, training and development along with coordinate all certification programs and classes offered by the Center.
About The Triangle Aquatic Center
The Triangle Aquatic Center (“TAC”) is a nonprofit public aquatic facility located in Cary, North Carolina with a Mission to build and operate public aquatic facilities for the health, safety, recreation and competition needs of Triangle citizens and aquatic organizations. TAC is the largest nonprofit public aquatic facility ever built in the country without one dollar of tax funding or subsidies. The aquatic facility is built on 21.5 acres, less than a mile off a major Interstate, I-40. The facility includes a 50-Meter pool, a 10-lane 25-yard pool and a warm water teaching pool. Supporting amenities include an 1,800-person spectator atrium and stadium, full-service Poolside Grill, Smart Athlete Physiotherapy, classroom and gallery. TAC programs include: TITANS Aquatic Programs, Fitness and Certification Classes; as well as the TAC TITANS, an 800+ swimmer USA Swimming year-round swim team.
About the Triangle Region
The Triangle Region of North Carolina is consistently recognized as one of the best places to live, work and play in the country. The Triangle is consistently ranked in the Top-10 of best swimming communities in the country by USA Swimming. It is home to Raleigh, the capital of NC and three highly recognized universities, Duke University, NC State and UNC-Chapel Hill. The Triangle is a prosperous community of nearly 2 Million people with 47% earning a college degree. The Research Triangle Park is located in the heart of the Triangle and is home to many corporate headquarters and technology companies with a strong entrepreneurial culture.
Specific Job Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities – Events
- Staffing, scheduling, continuing education and evaluation of event personnel;
- Manage event volunteer staff, hospitality and admissions;
- Work directly with all areas of TAC programming and operations;
- Coordinate with internal and external event clientele to maximize the guest and athlete experience and TAC profitability;
- Manage all aspects of events operations, including facility setup and teardown, equipment setup and operations, incident management, create and follow event templates, and achieve required results in accordance with host specifics;
- Manage all aspects of event invoicing, collection and reporting;
- Oversee TITANS and External Meet Directors;
- Liaise with meet hosts, coaches, hospitality coordinators, media, external vendors, NC Swimming and other governance organizations related to events;
- Manage meet vendors & sponsors.
Primary Responsibilities – Lifeguards
- Staffing, scheduling, continuing education and evaluation of all lifeguard supervisors and staff;
- Continually develop lifeguard staff and identify potential supervisory personnel;
- Manage all staff to provide all patrons the best possible guest experience in terms of safety, cleanliness and enjoyment;
- Work directly with Facilities Supervisors for required pool and deck maintenance;
- Manage all TAC certification programs, including American Red Cross Certifications, Certified Pool & Spa Operator through APSA, and TAC corporate training and certification programs;
- Staffing, scheduling, continuing education and evaluation of certification instructors.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Preferred background in competitive swimming;
- Required ability to work weeknights and weekends;
- Required excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Comfortable with technology and basic Microsoft applications; web services a plus;
- Confidence in a multi-task-oriented environment
- Passion for health, safety, recreation and / or competition, preferably in aquatics;
- Highly organized and detailed oriented;
- Demonstrated ability to be a strong leader and motivator;
- Experienced management skills;
- Excellent work ethic;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfortable working in a highly collaborative and dynamic growth-oriented work environment;
- Expected to work independently with good judgment and routine supervision.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – Event Specific
- Preferred experience with Hytek Meet Management software;
- Preferred experience with Daktronics or event timing systems;
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – Lifeguard Specific
- Required current ARC Lifeguard Certification or the ability to achieve within thirty (30) days of employment;
- Required current ARC Lifeguard Instructor Certification or the ability to achieve within ninety (90) days of employment;
- Required current APSA Certified Pool & Spa Operator Certification (CPO) or the ability to achieve within ninety (60) days of employment;
Education: Bachelor’s degree, Advanced degree a plus.
Experience: 2-4 years proven management experience
- Base Annual Salary range $34,500-$37,000 to be reviewed after six (6) months of employment and then annually.
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement $50 per month, non-taxable
- 401(K) Retirement
- Eligible after 6 months of service
- TAC matches up 50% up to 4.0% of employee deferral.
- Group Insurance
- Eligible for Group Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- 75% TAC Contribution towards individual employee coverage (Health, Dental & Vision)
- 25% TAC Contribution towards spouse & family coverage (Health, Dental & Vision)
- 100% TAC Contribution (Life)
- Internal Programs Credit
- $1,000 credit per year. For use on all TAC & TITANS programs.
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”)
- 15 PTO days per year
- 7 paid federal holidays to include: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day
Location: Southern Pines, NC, USA
with Sandhills Sand Sharks
The Sandhills Sandsharks Swim Team is accepting applications for the position of Age Group Coach. There is room for advancement for the right candidate.
- Oversee all aspects of Age Group squads and summer league; coach 5 days/week.
- Adhere to SSS’s philosophy of developing leadership and long term goals.
- Possess a positive, encouraging and energetic attitude towards all swimmers.
- Possess the strong communication skills required for working with head coach, parents, swimmers, the Sandsharks Board.
- Assist Head Coach with administrative duties as needed (5-10 hours/week).
- Communicate weekly with age group squads/parents and respond to all parent communication within 24 hours.
- Minimum 2 years of successful competitive swim coaching experience with age group and senior level swimmers. ASCA Level 2 preferred
- In good standing with USA Swimming and all coaching certifications.
- Experience with team building skills (running meetings, individual and group goal setting, problem solving).
- Experience with Team Unify
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year accredited institution
- Strong time management skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Vacation time
- Professional education opportunities
Location: 677 West Whitehall Road, State College, PA, USA
with YMCA of Centre County - SCAY Aqualions
Head Swim Team Coach
The State College Branch of the YMCA of Centre County is seeking an experienced Head Swim Team Coach for their team of 150+ swimmers!
This is a full-time position with a comprehensive benefits package. Successful applicants will have at least 5 years of coaching experience that demonstrates successful program development and management, character-driven leadership, excellent communication skills, and a personal commitment to the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. The Head Coach will be responsible for developing and supervising practices for all levels of swimmers; hiring, training, scheduling, and mentoring assistant coaches; and working closely with the parent committee on tasks such as recruiting and managing meet volunteers. Previous experience with Meet Manager and Team Unify software preferred as is a current lifeguard certification; familiarity with the Y-USA swim lesson curriculum; and USA Swimming and YMCA Swim Coach certifications. Expected start date is Spring 2020.
- Minimum of 3 years of aquatic experience as a competitive swimmer or aquatic instructor
- 2 years of competitive coaching
- Working knowledge of competitive aquatics in YMCA, USA Swimming
- Ability to positively lead, communicate, instruct, inspire and motivate swimmers of all ages
- Current valid driver’s license and access to personal vehicle
- Plan, organize, and develop the swim team program. Plan, attend, and direct team practices as scheduled. Schedule practice times within the guidelines set by the Aquatics Director.
- Ensure the safety of participants at all times.
- Recruit, hire, develop, and train a group of 6 to 8 assistant coaches.
- Manage and supervise assistant coaches to meet program and safety objectives, and to build a positive team culture that promotes individual growth and team building.
- Maintain proper team records and file reports as needed.
- Attend all YMCA league meetings and team meets. Coordinate entry information to meet all deadlines. Attend/organize USA Swimming meet participation as needed.
- Relate to the individual swimmers on a personal basis at practice, at meets, and through goal setting, instruction and positive encouragement.
- Relate to parents’ concerns through individual contact by appointment, phone calls, or emails. Utilize parent board for support and advisory functions. Attend and actively participate in all parent board meetings.
- Initiate and maintain active communication concerning all aspects of the program with assistant coaches, swimmers, parents and necessary Y staff.
- Other duties as assigned by the Aquatics Director.
- *YMCA of USA Principles of Competitive Swimming & Diving
- *Current American Red Cross or YMCA of the USA Lifeguard Certification
- *CPR for the Professional Rescuer for Lifeguards
- *Administering Emergency Oxygen
- *First Aid
- Child Sexual Abuse Prevention training
- Mandated Reporter training
*Required for coaching deck pass for district and national swim meets
Location: 25279 Vista Del Verde, Coto de Caza, CA, USA
with Coto Coyote Swim Team
The Coto Coyote Swim Team is a year-round competitive swim team and a member of Southern California Swimming. We have approximately 80 athletes on our year-round team. We are looking for a hardworking and dedicated coach to fill our Head Age Group coaching position. We are looking for the right person to fill the position for our team and for our athletes.
As the Head Age Group coach, the candidate will be working primarily with the team’s 11-15-year-old athletes. The position requires approximately 15-20 hours of coaching per week, plus occasional weekend swim meets.
- Communicate with other coaches and report to the team’s Head Coach.
- Plan and run training regime for Age Group programs.
- Email team reminders, and assist the Head Coach with assigned tasks.
- Assist with the planning for our Swim Lesson program.
- Plan and organize Summer Swim Team practice schedule.
- Have experience with Team Unify and Excel.
- Completed Associate’s degree or higher.
- Competitive swimming experience.
- Minimum 2 years coaching.
Candidate must be in good standing with USA Swimming and Southern California Swimming. The Coyote Swim Team is a special place and we are looking forward to filling this position as soon as we are able.
Position will remain open until filled.
Pay is commensurate with experience.
Location: Aberdeen, SD, USA
with ABERDEEN SWIM CLUB
Head Coach Job Description:
The Aberdeen Swim Club (ASC), a USA Swimming club in Aberdeen, SD, is seeking an inspiring, energetic full time Head Coach with excellent leadership, communication and team building skills as well as technical expertise to coach and mentor our year-round team of approximately 120 athletes.
Aberdeen is the 3rd largest city in South Dakota (26,000+ population) and is the home of both Northern State University and Presentation College. It is a vibrant, growing community with excellent school systems and a safe and friendly environment.
- Directing the organization pursuant to the club’s mission and vision.
- Working with the Board of Directors for hiring, supervising and educating all assistant coaches.
- Directing staff meetings as needed.
- Attending Board of Directors meeting and providing a monthly report.
- Coach all competitive age groups. This includes, but is not limited to, developing a swim program that is technically, age, and developmentally appropriate, for both water and dryland training, which allows swimmers of different abilities to reach their highest potential.
- Determining appropriate workout group for each athlete and update group requirements/progression as needed.
- Setting workout schedules.
- Setting team meet schedule for all groups and staff scheduled meets.
- Attend swim meets.
- Lead swimmer recruitment/retention efforts.
- Being a positive role model, maintaining high ethical and moral standards, and adhering to USA Swimming’s Coach’s Code of Conduct.
- Overseeing all facility use agreements and maintaining positive relationships with the management of those facilities.
- Marketing the Aberdeen Swim Club and act as media liaison.
- Assisting and supporting all fundraising activities.
- Attending South Dakota LSC meetings.
- Holding periodic parent meetings to educate and inform.
- Meet all USA Swimming coaching requirements.
- Have at least 3 years of swim coaching experience and 1 year of management/administrative experience.
- Must be a US citizen or currently eligible to work in the US.
- Have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of marketing elements (including traditional and digital marketing such as Social media).
- Be able to motivate swimmers of all abilities to achieve their full potential.
- Have ability to manage and mentor coaching staff to ensure consistent implementation of team philosophy and goals.
- ASCA level 3 or above certification.
- Previous experience as head coach.
- Experience as a competitive swimmer at the collegiate level.
Location: 1 Federation Way
with JCC Waves
Swimmer Development Specialist
The Merage Jewish Community Center of Orange County in Irvine, Ca is seeking a Specialist for the JCC Waves Swimming Team and Aquatics Department.
Duties involve pioneering swimmer development from swim lessons to the JCC Waves swim team. This bridge into competitive swimming will involve skill recognition from observing tryouts/lessons and the identifying of families that will remain committed to the discipline of swimming. Continuing to foster that talent in the Competition group. Developing a strong base of swimmers for years to come.
• Has a significant role in developing, modifying and executing JCC Waves 9 and under age group program development. This will have a team-wide impact.
• Has a commitment to moving the “best” candidates from lessons to team. A systematic process that will become standard.
• Primary coach for the Competitive and Fitness I groups. Create a roadmap for swimmers to move into the Champion I group.
• Create and execute daily workouts, including setting up the pool for practices, for Competitive and Fitness I.
• Additional collaboration with other groups as needed including substitute coaching a group from time to time.
• Provide a positive, encouraging, and challenging atmosphere in which all swimmers, regardless of ability, may improve their skills.
• Treat all swimmers with equal care and concern, regardless of ability.
• Attend additional practices during summer months or holidays in the am hours.
• Create a competitive environment in which the swimmers in Competitive and Fitness I groups have a large avenue to succeed. Stroke acquisition and training utilization is a priority.
• Input/enter, update and track swim meet entries, results, and time improvements for Competitive and Fitness I through the Team Unify system.
• Develop goal setting with the swimmers in the fall and again in the spring.
• Maintain a positive and supportive attitude toward the other members of the coaching staff, swimmers of all ability and parents.
• Clock in hours in the ADP system.
• Create content for the JCC Waves using email, social media and team web site.
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Social Media
• Must be organized, possess good customer service, communication skills (parents & swimmers) and be dedicated to working for the Aquatic Community at the JCC.
• Part Time – 16 hours per week at $18.00
• Swim meet sessions for 12 & unders up to 4 meet sessions per month.
• As needed swim meet sessions during championship meets or as a substitute for another coach.
• Continuing education, including ASCA, NFHS, ISCA, etc. classes, paid for. (Membership to associations not included)
• Occasional professional clinics admission paid for. Travel cost not included unless budgeted from the prior year.
• Entrance into the JCC Insurance plan (if 30hrs per week can be attained).
• 2 weeks paid vacation.
Reports to Supervisor: Chris Duncan, Director of Aquatics & Head Coach JCC Waves
Email [email protected] with your resume
Location: Fairview Swim & Tennis Club, Belvedere Boulevard, Charlottesville, VA, USA
with Virginia Gators
The Virginia Gators of Charlottesville and the Virginia Gators of Crozet/Waynesboro are looking for Developmental, Age Group, and Senior Coaches for the upcoming 2020-2021 season. The Virginia Gators have had a long standing site in Charlottesville, Virginia and is adding two new locations the 2020-2021 season in Waynesboro, VA and Crozet, VA. It is certainly an exciting time to be a Gator! The Virginia Gators are looking for coaches for all three of our sites in the Central Virginia Area. We are looking for coaches to work with swimmers from our developmental levels all the way up to our senior swimmers. We have a number of open lead coaching positions for some of our practice groups across our sites.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
-Obtain all CPR/AED/First Aid Certifications and USA Swimming Certifications
-Experience in competitive swimming either as a swimmer or as a coach
-Experience working with Children
-Writing/planning daily practices for the group you are responsible for
-Weekly parent communications for the practice group you are responsible for
-Attend all planned Coaches Meetings
-Outgoing, encouraging, and has the ability to take direction
-Exemplifies a high level of professionalism on and off the pool deck
-Determines swimmers’ events for meet entries
-Coordinate training, drills and practice group goals with Head Coach
-Available for weekend swim meets according to practice group’s meet schedule
Location: 702 W College Ave, Normal, IL, USA
with Illinois State University
Illinois State University invites applications for the position of Assistant Dive Coach. This position will work under broad policy guidance and exercise sound judgment when making critical decisions in an ever-changing and dynamic environment. Independent and collaborative analysis will be conducted to solve problems, develop policies and procedures, and complete complex tasks associated with the position.
The Assistant Dive Coach, under the direction of the Head Swim Coach, is responsible for assisting with various coaching, management, and administrative duties of the swim program as assigned by the Head Coach. The assistant coach is responsible for conducting any duties or activities with integrity and within the rules of the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA), the Missouri Valley Conference and/or Missouri Valley Football Conference (MVC or MVFC), the State of Illinois, Illinois State University, and the Athletics Department.
- Proven ability to teach and coach fundamentals and advanced skills.
- Advanced knowledge of techniques and strategies.
- Thorough knowledge of NCAA Recruiting Rules.
- Proven organizational and leadership ability.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree
Location: 933 W Bay Rd, Cayman Islands
with The Swim School Ltd
- Looking for happy Self Driven and Highly Motivated Experienced Full-Time Swimming Teacher that can teach from Baby classes, Learn to swim, stroke Improve classes all the way up to adults.
- You will need reliable transport and Clean and up to date Drivers license as you will be driving around the island teaching classes at Private Residencies.
- Working 5 1/2 days per week, teaching private and group classes .
- 10 paid vacation days per calendar year plus bank Holidays (Vacation starts after 3 months probation period)
- Clean Police Record/Report
- Three to Five years experience in teaching babies to adults in group and private classes.
- Qualification required: Valid Swimming Teachers Certification, up to date Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED or equivalent.
- first 3 month Salary: KYD$ 2,300/ USD $2,804, minus 1/2 medical contribution plus $150KYD / $182USD Gas/Phone contribution. After 3 months there is a performance based increase in salary and commission starts.
Location: 822 18th St E, Williston, ND 58801, USA
with Williston Sea Lions Swim Club
The Williston Sea Lions (WSL) is seeking an experienced Head Coach who will be a dedicated, strong communicator and a positive motivator with exceptional leadership skills to direct the competitive swimming program in Williston, North Dakota. The Head Coach will have specific knowledge and experience in developing and growing a National program. WSL has thrived in the competitive swimming arena for over 50 years, producing quality young swimmers and quality young adults. WSL prides itself in developing the swimmer through a focus on values, sportsmanship and character development to realize their full potential. This position directs 150+ swimmers from ages 8-18, with a professional coaching staff, support from Board of Directors, and engaged parent volunteers. The next Head Coach will have the resources to continue the strong tradition established.
We are looking for specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Specific knowledge and experience in developing and growing a national and international program for swimmers
- Has successfully managed and developed a high-performance coaching team
- Promotes team spirit and good sportsmanship both on and off the deck
- Partners with and advises the Board of Directors regarding the development of the Club’s strategic objectives, club policies and governance processes
- Supports and implements Club policies as defined and directed by the Board of Directors, including such policies as they apply to SafeSport, member discipline, risk management, and fiscal responsibilities
- Provides coaching/staff oversight at pool location
- Build relationship with the pool managers, recreation center and HS program.
- Establishes and maintains practice and meet schedules on team website
- Develop, communicate, and follows an annual plan for the team
- Participate and support all team-related activities, parties, fundraisers
- Timely & professional communication (written & verbal) with coaches, parents and swimmers.
- Promote a fun, competitive, positive team environment that is consistent with the mission and values of WSL in which all swimmers, regardless of abilities, may improve their skills
- Ensures dryland training is conducted as part of team practices
- Overseas team practices for all age groups, and the primary coach for Level 3 & Senior group
- Attend all meets, or coordinate with Head Age Group Coach, to ensure that swimmers have the necessary support
Assume responsibilities for primary team operations. These responsibilities include:
- USA Swimming SafeSport trainings for all swimmers
- Manage Coach USA Swimming credentials
- Oversight of Team Unify, including monthly swimming fees
- Facilitate fundraising and be willing to meet with sponsors
- Coordinate facility needs
- Organize and Conduct WSL-hosted meets swimmer registrations, effective parent communications, swimmer onboarding
- Promote WSL in partnership with the Board of Directors and its committees, develop programs to increase participation and membership
- Attend Board of Directors meetings
- Attend annual NDLSC meetings to represent and be an advocate for the Williston Sea Lions club
- Hiring of Coaching Staff – The Head Coach shall have full authority to hire coaching staff. Head Coach will discuss offers with either an Executive Committee member(s) or WSL Board.
- Manage the annual staffing budget and approval monthly staffing hours to Treasurer
- Supervise Coaching Staff – Ensuring Lead Coaches are preparing workouts which focus on the teaching of fundamentals, strategies, rules and proper conditioning and distributing workouts to assistant coaches per level.
- Manage Coach USA Swimming credentials
- Supervise and evaluate coaching staff. Provide yearly evaluations of staff to the WSL board
- Communicate with staff in an effective and professional manner.
The successful candidate will have:
- ASCA Level 2 or higher certification (required)
- Ability to maintain all USA Swimming coach requirements (required)
- Must pass USA Swimming and WSL background check and drug test requirements (required)
- Three or more years coaching experience with a competitive swim team in a lead role (required)
- Competitive swimming experience (required)
- College Degree (preferred)
- Experience with the Team Unify platform, Hy-Tek Software, Daktronics Timing equipment, and is generally tech savvy (required)
- Good Interpersonal, Communication, and Organizational Skills.
- Driver’s License and transportation (required)
- This is a salaried lead position with our club. Compensation will be competitive to market and will be reflective of experience and qualifications.
Location: 14654 Spring Cypress Road, Cypress, TX, USA
with Cypress Fairbanks Swim Club (Fleet)
Are you a talented leader with a caring heart? If you have managerial experience, love kids and like the water, join Cypress Fairbanks (Fleet) at our award-winning swim school. We are seeking a swim director who will enjoy full and active evenings, spent working both in and out of the pool, constantly interacting with children, families, and coworkers. This is an opportunity to love your job where you will be creating exceptional experiences for customers and employees.
Is this You?
- You’d thrive in an active role, spending each day both in and out of the pool, fully engaged with customers and coworkers.
- You have a passion for inspiring and developing strong teams, including those with new, entry-level managers..
- You’re a creative team player who likes to work hard and have fun.
- You love kids!
- Hiring, coaching, leading and inspiring a team of staff – both instructor and customer service
- Driving exceptional customer experiences and satisfaction leading by example, working front-line and through team development
- Performing daily operations (teaching swimming, deck management, engaging customers and converting inquirers into customers, etc)
- Mastering Swim teaching curriculum and customer service processes
- Creating a caring, fun, friendly and effective work environment
- Creating and managing semester schedules
- Leading regular team meetings and managing employee engagement
- Calmly, positively and proactively responding to challenges
- Developing entry-level leaders (passion for inspiring, leading and growing a young workforce)
- Undergraduate College degree (5 years of relevant leadership / work experience may be considered)
- 2-3 years of management experience (supervising a department/division/site/team)
- Proven success in leading, motivating, and empowering a team
- A genuine love for teaching children
- Ability to recognize problems and resolve on the spot
- Excellent customer service skills – it must be natural for you to want to say “yes!”
- Recruiting skill
- PR/Marketing/ Social media successful relevant experience.
- Ability to set goals, create plans and convert plans into action
Location: Raleigh, NC, USA
with Marlins Of Raleigh Swim
The Marlins Of Raleigh Swim Team is seeking a full time lead coach for our AG 3 Black and Pre Sr groups at our North Raleigh Site.
MOR is a USA Swimming Gold Medal club the past 4 years with 650 swimmers. The Raleigh Area is a hot spot for swimming with a summer league of over 85 teams and 11,000 swimmers from which to draw. Raleigh is rated annually as one of the best places to live in the US and also has a highly rated music scene.
REPORTS TO: Head Coach and N. Raleigh Head Age Group coach
SALARY: Commensurate with coaching experience with range of $34,000-$38,000. Retirement match program of up to 3% of salary after 1 year subject to the terms and conditions of the plan.
Education: College graduate preferred.
Experience: 1-2+ years coaching experience.
Eligibility: Must currently reside in the United States
JOB GOAL: To align with the policy and procedures set forth by the Marlins Of Raleigh Swim Team and to lead the AG 3 Black Group and Pre Sr. practice groups in developing age group athletes to make an uncompromised commitment to striving to be the best that they can be.
CPR/AED, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, APT, Background check and in good standing with USA Swimming. CPO certified preferred or get certified once coach arrives.
Proficient in use of Team Unify and/or Team Manager
Abides by applicable USA Swimming Codes of Conduct and Safe Sport Requirements
Pass USA Swimming background screen and reference check
ASCA Level 2 preferred
Embrace MOR culture and take initiative
Passion for coaching and working with age group athletes
Comprehension of stroke technique fundamentals
Basic understanding of dryland training for developmental athletes
Plan, prepare, and conduct group practices in accordance with MOR group goals
Provide accurate attendance records and post meet evaluations
Assist with set up & tear down of all MOR hosted meets
Run MOR clinic programs
Expand Lesson program at Greenway location
Maintenance of Greenway pool during Sept-May. Pool used mainly for programing only.
Recruit swimmers from summer league by attending summer league meets and conducting clinics
Attend weekly staff meetings
Commit to continued coaching education
Arrival at practice and meets at minimum 15 min prior to arrival of athletes
Will require afternoon, evening and weekend hours
Communicate all actions regularly between
Excellent email communication to parents with timely response (within 24 hours)
Continually assess goals with athletes and communicate to parents in a patient and respectable manner
Model proper dress, language, demeanor and sportsmanship for the athletes
Create an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants
Email resume, list of references and other supporting documentation to: Paul Silver, Head Coach Marlins Of Raleigh Swim Team. [email protected]
For more information go to www.marlinsofraleigh.com or call 919-851-3000
Start Date: April 13, 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter.