with YMCA of Hannibal
Position Title: Head Swim Coach
Reports To: Aquatics Director
Classification: Full Time
Benefits: Full Medical, Vision, HRA, Life, & Y Retirement
The YMCA of Hannibal is seeking a full-time Head Swim Coach. The ideal candidate would have a proven track record of successfully coaching participants from beginner to competitive levels. Job Summary and Responsibilities are listed below:
The Head Swim Coach is responsible for the coaching, management and operation of the Hannibal Hurricanes Swim Team.
Head Swim Coach General Responsibilities:
- Plan, prepare and conduct team practices.
- Hire and Work with assistant coaches to develop and administer appropriate plans for all swimmers in the HHST Swim Team.
- Be proficient in creating work outs for all age groups and skill levels
- Work with assistant coaches to ensure continuity in athlete development.
- Actively participate in and work with the Heartland Area, River Country, and Ozark swim leagues in order to assure team participation in all available swim meets, invitational meets and championships meets
- Attend scheduled Practices and Swim Meets
- Prepare meet entries and provide on deck coaching at all age group meets.
- Maintain accurate records of attendance and training. Plan and monitor incentive program for swimmers.
- Establish group guidelines for swimmers and evaluate athletes periodically and make recommendations for progression through the program.
- Work closely with Aquatics Director in coordinating pool needs; practice times, meets, etc. As well as tracking monthly swim fees
- Plans and conducts dryland for the swim groups and work closely with Wellness Director in coordinating dry land sessions for the swimmers as needed.
- Perform various administrative duties, including communication with parents via email, phone, bulletin board, mailbox system and team website.
- Coordinate parent volunteer responsibilities in the areas of; home and away swim meets (timers/recorders, officials, score keepers, and runners), swim team fundraising, and working with any parent volunteer leaders.
- Be proficient with Hytek (meet manager and team manager), On Deck, and Colorado Timing System. Maintain routine maintenance of CTS
- Maintain your life guard certifications by attending recertification (see recertification contract)
- Interact positively with swimmers, parents, co-workers and the general public.
- Have knowledge of proper swimming skills and be able to communicate these clearly to swimmers
Skills, Education, and Experience:
- W.S.I and/or YMCA Lifeguard Instructor Certification
- CPR, First Aid, AED, Blood borne Pathogens Instructor Certification
- YMCA Progressive Swim Certifications preferred
- Certified Lifeguard, Principles of Aquatic Leadership, Swim Instructor certified preferred
- USA swimming coach certification
- Minimum 2-year experience as a swim instructor or swim coach.
- Knowledgeable in “Meet Manager” software for swim meet scoring
- College Degree preferred
Swimming, speaking, hearing, seeing, reading, writing, typing, lifting, walking, standing
The Head Swim Team Coach will work in both an office setting with use of computer and other office equipment to perform job functions, as well as performing on the pool deck and other areas of the Aquatics Center.
Please submit resume and applications to Eric Abts, Executive Director by Thursday, January 31st 2019 by mail to:
YMCA of Hannibal #1 YMCA Drive, Hannibal MO 63401 or by email [email protected]
with Willow Creek Wahoos
The Willow Creek Wahoos are currently taking applications for all of its coaching positions for the Summer 2019 Season. If interested, please complete the online application at https://goo.gl/forms/H4894VWDZOdFSsSm2 prior to February 9th. You may also contact the Parent Reps at [email protected] with any questions.
The Willow Creek Wahoos, https://willowcreekwahoos.swimtopia.com/, are a swim team comprised of swimmers aged 5-18 that has been around for several decades. This local swim team, based in Willow Creek 2 neighborhood at 8500 E Mineral Dr. Centennial 80112, is focused on community, fun and teaching kids the importance of swimming within the realm of friendly competition. The team competes in the Rocky Mountain Swim League, http://www.rmsl.org/, in a season from mid-May to mid-July. Practices occur from Monday to Friday, after school (3:30 to 6:45) until Labor day and then in the mornings (7:15 to noon) through the end of the season. Meets will be every Saturday in June ( 1, 8, 15, 22, and 29) and Prelims/Finals will occur all day July 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13.
The Head Coach is a contract position and reports to the Parent Reps. Once hired they are in charge of the entire coaching staff. The Head Coach must run practices or ensure that all practices are covered and attend all meets.
The Head Coach is responsible for designing practices/workouts; recommending events for swimmers, determining relay teams, completing meet entries and submitting those entries to the Meet Manager no later than 7pm the Wednesday prior on a weekly basis. For Prelims/Finals the Head Coach will review prelim entries, make suggestions to swimmers, develop the relays, complete prelim entries and submit them to Prelim Meet Manager in accordance with the league schedule. The Head Coach will also oversee our Minnows (pre-swim team) program.
The Head Coach is the primary liaison to parents, keeping them apprised of the weekly practice focus and evaluating swimmers performance. The Head Coach will participate in a weekly team activity (e.g., beginning of the year pasta party, movie with coaches, ice cream social, fun meet) occuring in the evening. The Head Coach is the key to creating a safe, fun, and dynamic learning environment for all swimmers no matter the swimming level.
The Head Coach must be out of high school (graduating high school seniors are not eligible) and hold lifeguard, CPR and First Aid certifications.
Assistant Coaches (2):
Assistant Coaches will report the to Head Coach. They will assist Head Coach with designing workouts, running practices and meet planning. They must attend all meets; assist in meet entries and prelim entries and attend/participate in team activities (e.g., beginning of the year pasta party, movie with coaches, ice cream social, fun meet). The Assistant Coaches will support the Head Coach to create a safe, fun, and dynamic learning environment for all swimmers no matter the swimming level. One Assistant Coach will be in charge of the Minnows program overseeing this practice and coordinating with the H2O’s.
The Assistant Coaches must be out of high school, graduating high school seniors are eligible and hold lifeguard, CPR and First Aid certifications.
The Jr. Coach will assist with the 8 and under, 6 and under and Minnows practices. It is at the Head Coach’s discretion if the Jr. Coach assist with the 9-10 practices. The Jr. Coach must swim for the Wahoos and attend/swim in the 15-18 practice serving as a role model during this practice. The Jr. Coach will be in the water much of the time to provide demonstrations and help with safety during practice. The Jr. Coach is asked, but not required, to attend team functions.
The Junior Coach must be in high school, rising eighth graders are not eligible, and at least 15 years of age. Additionally they must hold lifeguard, CPR and First Aid certifications.
with Larkey Sharks Swim Team
The Larkey Sharks Swim team is looking for an Asst Coach for their 2018 swim
season. The season runs from April till August and you will be working with swimmers between the ages
of 4-18 years old. The team is made up of roughly 200+ swimmers. The Sharks are a very social
organization and we believe in having fun while learning how to swim.
The Larkey Sharks are located in Walnut Creek and are part of the Walnut Creek Swim Conference. The
Sharks have won the conference championship 5 out of the last 7 years and are looking to continue to develop our
swimmers into Champions.
If you are interested in joining our staff please reach out to Clayton Loosli, Team Director at
with YMCA of Greater New York
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Prospect Park YMCA is seeking for an experienced individual who will provide direction and leadership to the Aquatics department. The Aquatics Director will follow all YMCA of Greater New York and Department of Health aquatics standards to maintain safety for all aquatics programs in and around the swim area, and will lead by example to promote and demonstrate professional demeanor to aquatics staff.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate all aquatic staff.
- Conduct in-service training as required by the YMCA association.
- Develop, implement, track, and control the department budget, in accordance with Branch and Association budget guidelines.
- Review program schedules, capacity staffing and revenues to meet the community needs and YMCA mission.
- Maintain proper health and safety standards, in accordance with Association aquatics safety standards and guidelines.
- Know and understand all YMCA, state and local health and safety requirements, including Pool Safety Plan, Emergency Action Plan, Emergency Evacuation Routes and staff certifications.
- Collaborate and build relationships within the YMCA Branch, Association and community organizations, in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Maintain positive relations with participants, parents, members and staff.
- Serve as a role model to promote and demonstrate professional demeanor.
- Maintain all records, in accordance with law for pool maintenance, staff training and certifications, program member attendance and evaluation of participant skills, and Department of Health (DOH) requirements.
- Maintain certification level of physical and mental readiness.
- Responsible for recertification before expiration.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of three to five years of commensurate experience in a supervisory/management position.
- YMCA or Red Cross Lifeguard certification or equivalent. Must obtain YMCA Lifeguard certification within 90 days of hire.
- YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor certification or equivalent. Must obtain YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor certification within 120 days of hire.
- Current CPRO, Emergency Oxygen and First Aid certifications.
- Demonstrate swim strokes, lifeguard rescues and CPRO/FA/EO skills.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays.
with British School Jakarta
Our Olympic sized pool offers opportunities for 9-lane long course competition as well as 25m short course competitions and we host a number of local and international competitions throughout the year. Individuals must be outstanding practitioners and be able to coach across the age and ability range. We require someone who will lead by example, has the ability to provide a model of excellent practice, who is highly committed and possesses excellent organisational and communication skills. The Head Coach should demonstrate the drive and vision to continue to grow a programme that supports participation, excellence and also supports the wider aims of the Competitive Sports Programme and those of the School.
General duties and responsibilities include but are not exclusive to;
- To have overall responsibility for coaching swimming, under the guidance of the Assistant Head Sports and Activities
- Plan and conduct the daily coaching of athletes within their personal squads, in terms of technical expertise and conditioning and as per the planned programme.
- Organise and oversee team selection meetings
- Design and implement the strength training programme for squad members where and when required.
- Motivate, train and direct swimmers to acquire and maintain a level of physical fitness necessary to compete at the targeted level of competitions.
- Coordinate and ensure the attendance of athletes at training sessions and competitions.
- Provide quality coaching services and effective coordination of technical resources to swimmers enrolled in the elite swimming development programmes.
- Oversee the behaviour, discipline and actions of swimmers during practices, competitions and other organised club and school activities.
- Assist the PE Faculty with cover arrangements for absent staff teaching swimming.
- Support the teaching of swimming within the curriculum as directed by the respective Heads of PE
- Attend all major school and club swim meets where represented, and coaches conferences, as appropriate.
- In liaison with other club coaches, assist in organising the annual competition plan.
- Attend all competitions as agreed with the Head of Sport/Head of School at the commencement of each swimming season and in consultation with other coaching staff.
- Organise competition events for all age groups as deemed appropriate and in consultation with the Head of Sport
- Organise the swimming staff and other volunteers for their duties, complete necessary documentation and coordinate all necessary equipment for all competitions as appropriate.
- Inform the school community of the full swimming programme through letters, e-mails and the BSJ Bulletin, as appropriate.
- Organise and co-ordinate swimming staff for all swimming programmes and, in conjunction with the Head of PE Faculty, PE swimming lessons throughout the year.
- Keep all statistical records regarding training and competition performance throughout the season.
- Ensure clear communication exists between the coaches, parents and school in relation to the swimming programme.
- Organise a weekly coaches meeting to discuss all issues relating to the swimming programme and the swimmers.
- Create a positive and accountable work environment which promotes equality and encourages diversity.
- Supervise all squad training in the absence of other coaching staff.
- Conduct meetings with selected swimmers and parents regarding progress and other issues, as appropriate.
- Maintain records for each competition and each athlete, as appropriate
- Assist in the recruitment, coordination, organisation and education of local coaches to increase the level of proficiency and team effort.
- Hold regular parent information meetings to ensure that parents receive the appropriate amount of information pertaining to their child’s participation in swimming.
- Actively promote the well-being of all students and be familiar with, and uphold all safeguarding policies and Child Protection procedures within the school.
- In liaison with Line Manager, take responsibility for upholding Health and Safety practice within own working area and be responsible for completing risk assessments/near misses as appropriate.
with Foothills Swim Team
JOB DESCRIPTION: Assistant Coaching position with the Foothills Swim Team in Lakewood, Colorado Foothills Swim Team is actively seeking a highly motivated and committed coach to fill the role of Assistant Coach to begin in the spring of 2019. Foothills Swim Team is a year-round competitive swimming program offering instruction, training, and competition for young people ages 5 and up. We have over 180 USA registered swimmers and practice at three locations: Carmody Recreation center (50 meters by 25 yards), Lilley Gulch recreation center (6-lane 25 Meter), and Ridge Recreation Center (10-lane 25 yards).
with Palm Desert Swim Club
The Palm Desert Swim Club, a year-round swim club of 130 swimmers, located in Palm Desert, CA is seeking an Age Group Coach and Assistant Age Group Coach for our intermediate and developmental level groups. The ideal candidate will have a passion for coaching, teaching and be able to work with children of all ages. Applicants should have at least 1-2 yrs experience as a swim coach and/or as a competitive swimmer and the desire to continue to learn and progress as a coach and professional. This is a position with significant growth potential, beginning with on deck coaching duties of 90-mins to 2hrs per weekday evenings and about one weekend meet per month. Generous salary for the qualified applicant. The Palm Desert Swim Club has an overwhelmingly positive club culture that will make any new coach feel welcome from day one.
Candidates should be able to lead their groups within the club’s mission and moto, to create a safe, inclusive and exciting culture that instructs and inspires children to Swim, Compete & Have Fun!
The vision of the Palm Desert Swim Club is to develop the premier non-profit swim program in the Coachella Valley for children of all ages and abilities. To provide the highest quality coaching for swimmers that compete at every level. To build an exciting culture for our swimmers and families to have fun, learn life lessons and make friends that last a lifetime!
with Northeastern Swim Team
The Northeastern Swim Team (NST) is looking to hire a Full-Time Head Coach/Program Director. The coach would lead, design, and foster systematic growth for our swim team in line with the NST Mission Statement and USA Swimming goals and guidelines.
NST, founded in 2014, is an established swim club in the beautiful community of Decorah, Iowa. With constant growth over the last four years, NST has an average of 90 swimmers per season. Swimmers have achieved over 700 state qualifying times as well as AAA and AAAA time standards. NST has had numerous state champions, 14 swimmers qualify for Midwest All Stars, and 12 swimmers qualify for Central Regional Zones.
NST has won ten team spirit/sportsmanship awards, including three at state championship meets. Our swimmers, families, board members, volunteers, and communities are committed to the success of this team. We are looking for someone who is an experienced swim coach and who is people-centered and future-focused to help grow and guide this team.
- Serve as primary on-deck coach at practices and meets.
- Provide a vision for the overall development of training groups and team performance.
- Support swimmers’ goals as they relate to the spirit and structure of USA Swimming’s American Development Model and individual needs.
- Increase the number of athletes who swim into their high school and collegiate years.
- Increase the number of athletes who qualify for championship opportunities.
- Supervise and develop assistant coaching staff including
- coordinate stroke and training principles throughout all levels
- oversee group placement and advancement of athletes.
- Oversee administrative aspects of team activities including
- meet selection, planning and registration
- coordination of home/hosted meets
- practice scheduling for all training groups
- maintaining team statistics
- team promotion locally and within Iowa LSC.
- Work cooperatively with the Board of Directors as an ex-oﬃcio member to
- develop and administer the team budget
- create and execute a shared vision for NST’s growth and success
- communicate professionally and regularly with coaches, athletes, and parents
- work with the community to build support and program numbers.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with NST parents, including parent education/activities with volunteer parents.
- Be willing to assist in all areas whenever appropriate.
- Minimum 3 years (preferred 5+ years) experience as Head Coach or Assistant Coach of a USA Swimming affiliated club.
- ASCA Level 3 certiﬁcation or above strongly preferred.
- Experience leading and mentoring assistant coaching staff.
- All certiﬁcations current and in good standing with USA Swimming or required prior to starting.
- Solid knowledge of stroke theory and training physiology.
- Proven success coaching, motivating, and inspiring swimmers at all levels, from developmental through higher competitive levels.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Ideal Candidate Possesses
- Clear, cooperative, and tactful communication style.
- Solid personal ethics, including honesty, respect, and integrity.
- Kind and fun attitude toward swimmers of all skill levels.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A passion for competitive swimming, along with a personal desire to succeed professionally and advance the team as a whole.
- Competitive swimming experience.
- Experience with and knowledge of HyTek programs and Team Unify.
- Experience maintaining and managing a social media presence.
Requirements, Certifications, and Skills
- Must pass a background check from USA Swimming and have completed the USA Swimming head coaching requirements (required).
- Current CPR/Safety Training certification.
- Working knowledge of Team Unify and Hy-Tek systems as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office software (preferred).
with Santa Barbara Swim Club
The Santa Barbara Swim Club (SBSC) is searching for an enthusiastic Head Coach who will define, influence and lead the overall direction of the club program. We are a non-profit, board-governed, coach-led swim team in Santa Barbara, California operating out of the Los Banos and UCSB pool facilities. The Head Coach will be responsible for all aspects of operating a year-round competitive swim and Master’s program.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Lead the development and implementation of overall team philosophy on coaching, swimmer development, and team dynamics
- Establish workout groups, schedules, and criteria for advancement through collaboration with coaching staff
- On deck coaching and supervision of senior elite swimmers
- Develop and oversee training programs for all age groups and Masters
- Supervise and mentor coaching staff
- Plan seasonal and yearly competition schedule for all groups
- Establish and maintain regular and timely communications with swimmers, parents, coach and board members
- Host periodic parent meetings to educate and inform parents
- Provide monthly written reports to BOD and attend board meetings.
- Collaborate with Santa Barbara City College, UCSB, other local recreational aquatic directors and local high school swim coaches for facility use, contract compliance, and asset sharing.
- Represent the team at swim meets, external meetings, and other required meetings or assign a delegate
The ideal candidate has:
- At least 5 years of experience as an age group coach of a competitive swim team.
- Current USA Swimming Coach Certification, including first aid and life-saving certification
- American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA) Coaching Certification Level 2 or higher preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to interface with all levels of employees, club members, athletes, parents, Board of Directors and outside personnel.
- Team management skills, able to provide clear verbal/written direction to employees/swimmers/parents. Highly organized.
- Up-to-date understanding of latest coaching techniques through research and continuing education.
- Track record of swimmer retention, recruitment and development at all levels.
- Experienced with Team Unify and Hy-Tek
- Bachelor’s Degree and prior collegiate swimmer strongly preferred
- Must pass a background check with USA Swimming and complete the USA Swimming head coach requirements
- Pass a Motor Vehicle Report check
- Provide a minimum of 3 references
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (preferred)
with Town of Brookline
Join our aquatics team at the beautiful Evelyn Kirrane Aquatics Center in Brookline boasting three pools and space for athletics, health, wellness and camp activities for the public. The Aquatics Supervisor, under the direction of the Aquatics Director and Assistant Director, will act as Head Lifeguard and supervisor on deck, responsible for the day to day supervision of the part-time aquatics staff including skills assessments, staff orientations, substitute staffing, in-service training and ongoing safety skill drills. Assists with planning and oversight of aquatics programs and services and special events; oversee and assist with daily operations; participates in short-term and long-range planning, performs risk management oversight and facility supervision. Assist with inventory assessment and control, including rescue equipment, medical and pool supplies, perform weekly payroll computation, and testing of pool chemicals as needed. Ability to effectively and independently supervise staff, create and maintain a safe and welcoming environment for pool patrons, and communicate well with the same. Will conduct various swimming instruction programs and promote activities to EKAC Staff. Associates degree, at least three years of experience as a lifeguard, at least one year of supervisory experience, Bachelor’s degree preferred, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. American Red Cross Lifeguard Training, American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor, CPR/AED for the Professional rescuer and Standard First Aid, Emergency Oxygen Administration or equivalent, plus ability to obtain, within 6 months of hire: Certified Pool Operator, Lifeguarding Instructor, Water Exercise Instructor and Swim Coach. Must be available to work a regular weekend shift and special events. Starting salary $23.47/hour plus generous benefits and excellent working conditions. This is a 40 hour work week from Sunday through Thursday. Resume and cover letter by Jan. 04, 2019.
with Missouri Valley Swimming
Sport Development Director—Job Description:
General description of duties:
The sports development director will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive program to improve the competitive results of all age groups in the LSC and LSC representation at championship meets beyond the LSC. The sports development director will be responsible for the development and implementation of a program to promote and grow swim programs across the LSC.
This program development should be designed to advance and improve the level of performance for a broad base of athletes. Activities may include:
- establishing training camps and athlete events
- reviewing regular season and championship meet schedule and structure
- conducting LSC-wide continuing education opportunities for coaches and athletes
- participating in LSC committees related to athlete performance
- analyzing athlete performance data
The sports development director will be responsible for consulting with and advising Missouri Valley club boards and head coaches in establishing effective working relationships to ensure roles are fully understood to enable Missouri Valley athletes to thrive in a strong club system. The sports development director will also
- consult with and advise clubs and head coaches on ways to improve team programs, including coaching and swimmer performance
- assist the Missouri Valley Executive Director and the Missouri Valley Diversity Chair, Age Group Chair and Senior Chair in recruiting and promoting participation in diversity and select camps and other approved USA Swimming diversity and select programs or meets
The sports development director may be required to represent Missouri Valley at community and national events connected to or in support of athlete performance.
Reporting structure and duties:
The sports development director will report directly to the Board of Directors and be responsible for providing regular updates/reports to the BOD regarding activities and work performed by the sports development director. The sports development director may be required to attend semi-annual Missouri Valley coaches and athlete committee meetings to provide program updates.
Travel to meetings with clubs or to Missouri Valley meetings may be required. Mileage and reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with Missouri Valley Swimming policies and IRS rules.
Minimum Qualifications include the following experiences and skills:
- Strong understanding of USA Swimming programs and meets.
- Prior experience as a swim coach or director of a swim program.
- Developed skills in mentoring, leadership, strategic planning, influencing with impact, collaboration, project and program development and implementation skills.
- Strong ability to communicate both in writing and verbally, present concepts and ideas in front of a group and have an interposal communication style to influence, and develop mutually beneficial relationships and outcomes.
with Del Amigo Swim team
Del Amigo Swim Team – Assistant Job position opening
Del Amigo Swim Team is a recreational swim team based in Danville. Our roster includes 250 athletes, ages 4-18. We have an open Assistant Coaching position for the 2019 season, April thru mid August. Our focus is on development of proper techniques and skills for each age group levels. The right candidate will have good people and organizational skills; enjoy mentoring youth; have enthusiasm for the sport; strong knowledge about swim and stroke development with a focus on fostering character and sportsmanship.
- The Assistant Coach would work directly with Head Coach in running daily practices. Lead practices of the group(s) given by the Head Coach.
- Enthusiastic, dynamic presence with good communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency of swim skills and have a strong foundation in stroke mechanics and be able to communicate effectively with swimmers and their parents.
- Attend all scheduled practices, swim meets and team social activities.
- Foster a positive team environment that emphasizes good sportsmanship, fun and a mutual respect for others.
- Certifications: CPR for Professional Rescuer and First Aid certifications or willingness to obtain;
- Minimum 1 year in a competitive coaching experience
- Experience in competitive swimming
Salary is negotiable with experience and determined by the Swim Team Board. Potential for added income through private stroke clinics.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume to
Janet Herman [email protected]
with Johnson Ranch Barracudas
Johnson Ranch Sports Club, located in Roseville, is looking for an assistant coach to join the coaching staff of their Recreational Summer Swim Team, Johnson Ranch Barracudas. The Barracudas are seeking an energetic and passionate coach to be an Assistant. The team is about 290 kids (ages 5-18), ranging of all different skill levels. We want to develop swimmers to their fullest capabilities while also teaching life balance, sportsmanship and dedication to the rewarding sport of competitive swimming.
As an Assistant Coach for the Johnson Ranch Barracudas, you will be asked to do the following;
- Communicate and display the values and visions of the team.
- Go in line with the techniques and philosophies of the head coach.
- Should be comfortable taking on an age group, if necessary.
- Help out with entries into the Saturday meets.
- Attend all practices and meets, unless notified prior to season.
- Attend all Social Events on the Summer Calendar.
Johnson Ranch Barracudas information.
- Team Practices start April 1st, 2019. [ 3:30pm – 7:30pm ]
- Summer schedule starts June 7th, 2019 [ 7:00am – 11:00am ]
- Meets happens on Saturdays. [ 7:00am – 2:00pm ]
- All coaches are members of Johnson Ranch Sports Club.
- Compensation will be discussed through interview process.
Assistant Coach must have the following;
- CPR and Lifeguard certification.
- High Level Experience of the sport of Swimming.
- Great Communication Skills.
- Strong Knowledge of stroke technique progression, training progression & taper strategies.
If interested, please contact Donny Mata at [email protected]
with City of El Segundo
This is a seasonal, part-time, hourly position working under the direction of the Aquatics Recreation Supervisor, Aquatics Recreation Coordinator and Senior Lifeguards.
Essential Job Functions
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Duties include, but are not limited to working and communicating effectively with children, the general public and other staff members; promote a positive, friendly and energetic attitude; follow oral and written instructions; have the ability to assist and protect the life and well-being of each and every patron by implementing the latest safety procedures, policies, rules, regulations and ordinances set forth by both the American Red Cross and City of El Segundo. Surveys a public swimming pool; prevents patron accidents; rescues swimmers in distress; conducts beginning to advanced swim level courses; enforces regulations and codes; and performs other related duties, as assigned.
The primary responsibility of the lifeguard is the safety and protection of pool patrons by preventing accidents, and when required, making rescues. The lifeguard must be alert and take action in enforcing safety rules and ordinances. In an emergency, the lifeguard must think quickly and clearly, in some cases taking personal risks and exerting considerable physical effort. The lifeguard is required to work day and evening hours including weekends.
QUALIFICATIONS: Current American Red Cross certification in the following: First Aid, CPR & AED for the Professional Rescuer, Lifeguard Training. Previous aquatic work experience, strong leadership skills and athletic background highly desirable. As a condition of employment, a lifeguard must attend all in-service trainings.
Individuals in this classification are required to successfully pass a background check that complies with Public Resources Code section 5164, which mandates that a city that hires a person to work at a park, playground, recreational center or beach, in a position having supervisory or disciplinary authority over a minor, shall complete an application that inquires whether that individual has been convicted of specified criminal offenses.
with Rock Island County Orca Swim Club
The Rock Island County Orcas Swim Club is seeking an experienced Head Coach. We are a USA Swimming sanctioned, year-round competitive swim team. We practice at Rock Island High School – 1400 25th Avenue, Rock Island, IL – and act as a feeder program for the Rock Island High School swim teams. As we work to rebuild our swim club, we are looking for a highly driven, high-energy individual to lead approximately 30 swimmers of all ability levels and increase its numbers. The Head Coach will provide direct leadership, instruction, and motivation for all swim team members. He/She will manage the Rock Island County Orca Swim Club in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Illinois Swimming LSC and USA Swimming.
The Head Coach will serve on a part-time basis, averaging 16-20 hours/week, which will vary during scheduled weekend swim meets and other events, as needed.
Job and Responsibility Description
– Plan season (meets and practices) and daily workouts in coordination with assistant coaching staff.
– Promote a fun, safe, and team-oriented environment, while fostering learning and team spirit in a fair and impartial manner.
– Be a role model for swimmers when making personal decisions.
– Responsible for retaining and recruiting swimmers.
– Identify age and skill appropriate drills for each swim level that includes starts, strokes, and turns.
– Create and maintain control and a safe environment for the swimmers.
– Provide stroke technique for beginning, intermediate, and advanced swimmers.
– Review meet results (including disqualification issues) and provide feedback to each swimmer.
– Complete all scheduling of assistant coaches; certify and submit payroll every month.
– Prepare meet lineups, including completing all entries into Hy-Tek and Team Unify swim databases.
– Hold, obtain, and/or maintain required coaching certifications, as well as ensure coaching staff have required certifications. Continuing education/training is expected and will be reimbursed by the Club.
– Train assistant coaching staff to ensure consistency within the program.
– Coordinate and lead coaches’ meetings.
– Communicate with swimmers, parents, and Board members in an effective and professional manner.
– Work with the Board members and participate in Club activities (fundraising events, end of season banquets, etc.).
– Build productive and professional relationships with other local swim clubs.
– Report to President of the Board.
– Strong organizational and leadership skills
– Ability to connect with children and young adults ages 5-18 years old
– Effective written and verbal communication skills (for children and parents)
– Employment is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
– High school or equivalent required
– Must have 2+ years of coaching experience
– Must be willing to be registered with USA Swimming and comply with and maintain all USA Swimming and Illinois Swimming LSC requirements
– Starting salary is $14-17/hour; however, the position includes incentives for team growth and private swim lessons.