Date posted: May 6, 2021
Location: 110 Whitford Drive, Durham, NC, USA
Duke University is seeking two (2) qualified candidates for the Assistant Swimming Coach position. This position will assist in the organizing, planning and coaching of the Swimming & Diving team.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior collegiate coaching experience preferably at the Division I level
- A commitment to knowing and complying with NCAA, ACC, and institutional rules
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to learn quickly and communicate effectively
- Excellent organizational ability and attention to detail
- Ability to manage time well and prioritize tasks
The assistant coach will help implement and oversee practices of Division I student-athletes. They will focus on technique, physiology and strategy of racing for each stroke and distance. This position will also assist with duties including but not limited to: recruitment of student-athletes, alumni relations, travel planning, (office management), equipment maintenance, and other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
How to Apply
Interested Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and list of three references online at https://hr.duke.edu/careers/apply for Requisition Number 116388.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, or disability. Duke Athletics has a strong commitment to Affirmative Action and is actively seeking to increase the racial and ethnic diversity of our staff.