with Brandeis University
Brandeis University seeks hire an Assistant Coach, Swimming and Diving to assists the Head Coach in all aspects of coaching the team which competes as an NCAA DIII program and as a member of the University Athletics Association (UAA). Additional responsibilities include managing the operation of the Linsey Pool.
Examples of Responsibilities:
- Coach student-athletes in daily practices and at home and away contests.
- Assist with the student-athlete recruitment effort as needed.
- Manage operation of the Linsey Pool as part of other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Previous coaching experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license required, must be qualified to be insured by Brandeis University
- Background check required.
- First aid, CPR and Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certifications and swim coaching experience.
- Administers the daily operation of the Linsey pool including scheduling its use, training, supervising and scheduling lifeguards, and serving as liaison to Facilities Services to assure the pool is fully functional at all times
- Serves as aquatics director and maintains certification as a Certified Pool Operator (CPO).
with Sierra Nevada Swimming, Local Swim Committee
Sierra Nevada Swimming Executive Director: Job OpeningApplication Deadline: August 15, 2018
Start Date: September 1, 2018 (Flexible)
The Executive Director is responsible for all aspects of the planning, delivery, administration and communication of Sierra Nevada Swimmings day to day activities, operations and functions.
The Executive Director is responsible for all aspects of multiple camps and events. These responsibilities include various administrative tasks, coordinating schedules, reserving venues and guest speakers/coaches, travel accommodations and collecting and completing all necessary reports.
The Executive Director will interact and effectively communicate with USA Swimming, coaches, Sierra Nevada Swimming members and Board of Directors to achieve organizational objectives and will report to the General Chair.
Qualifications – Required
- Minimum age – 21
- Upon hire, complete and pass all requirements of USAS non-athlete membership
- Maintain USAS non-athlete membership with out lapse
- Demonstrate financially responsible decisions.
- Strong interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to work independently from home
- Ability to travel for work
- Ability to clearly and respectfully communicate with athletes, coaches, parents and
- Maintain official records for SNS to ensure compliance with USAS
- Acts with honesty and integrity
- Protects the confidentiality of information
- Has strong understanding and ability to use computer and office applications.
- Knowledge of Team Unify, MicroSoft Office applications ie: Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
Ability to work with Apple/Mac products.
- Knowledge of USA Swimming and Sierra Nevada Swimming required.
- Must have the physical ability to caring gear for camps/event. Ability to caring and lift
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel
- Knowledge of USAS LEAP program
- Knowledge of USA Swimming and Sierra Nevada Swimming Policies and Procedures
- Knowledge of Club Excellence Certification Program
- College degree in related field preferred but not required.
with Cortez Leopard Sharks
Cortez Leopard Sharks Swim Team, located in Cortez, CO has a Head Coach opening for an experienced and energetic person to begin in August.
Position Status: Part Time
Reports to: Cortez Leopard Sharks Board of Directors
- Establish an environment that fosters positive team attitudes and encourages self-discipline, sportsmanship and responsibility.
- Design swimming curriculum for all levels to promote skills and conditioning appropriate for athlete development and goals.
- Proficient in competitive swimming start, stroke and turn fundamentals.
- Possess strong leadership skills and the ability to mentor age group coaches.
- Excellent communication with swimmers, parents, and board members.
- USA Swimming/Colorado Swimming coach requirements www.coloradoswimming.org (coaches tab).
- Attend annual USA swimming House of Delegates meeting.
Salary Range: Part-time $7,000-8,000/year depending on experience, increases with team growth.
About the Cortez Area: Cortez is located in Southwest Colorado at the base of Mesa Verde National Park. Cortez is a Hub for archeological wonders including the dwelling and Kivas of Mesa Verde National Park, Cortez Cultural Center and Trail of the Ancients Scenic byway. When you look to the east from Cortez you can’t help but take in the beautiful and majestic 13,000 foot peaks of the San Juan Mountains that give residents the outdoor experience they have come to enjoy. For those that prefer two wheels, Cortez is home toPhil’s World, rated #2 in the West for its 26 miles of single track mountain biking thrill rides. Many locals also enjoy trail riding through the tall ponderosa pines on a warm summer day in the Boggy Draw area. Those interested in fishing and boating can find both within minutes of Cortez. Just 9 miles north of Cortez is McPhee Reservoir Colorado’s second largest reservoir with over 50 miles of shoreline. If you enjoy fly fishing, the Dolores River provides easy access as it travels north over 40 miles alongside Hwy 145 high into the mountains. During the fall in Cortez the scenery gets even better with the mountains turning gold as the aspen trees change color. Hunting, horseback riding and drives in the mountains are always a popular way to spend your time. Just over an hour drive from Cortez you can choose between world class skiing at Telluride Ski Resort or Purgatory Resort. Backpacking, hiking, cross country skiing are always a fun way to stay in shape. Cortez and surrounding towns provide great shopping and unique restaurants giving you a taste of the Southwest. The towns of Durango and Farmington, NM are about an hour away and provide access to larger cities. Cortez has a modern recreation center that has a 25 yard competitive pool. Nearby within the expansive parks of Cortez known as Parque de vida is the Cortez Outdoor pool that consists of an L shape 50 meter by 25 yard competitive outdoor pool facility including kids slide and water features. This 50 meter pool is one of only two high altitude 50 meter pools on the western slope of Colorado.
with Golden West Swim Club
The Golden West Swim Club (GWSC) trains in a word-class 50-meter swim complex in Huntington Beach, CA (Surf City USA). The GWSC has an immediate opening for a full-time Head Age Group/Senior Level Coach.
- 5-10 years of coaching and managerial experience with a proven record of success at all levels; and/or high level competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level
- Current USA Swimming Coach Certifications
- Strong administrative, communication and organizational skills with all levels of swimmers and parents
- Desire and passion for developing swimmers of all ages
- Expertise with technique development and training
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated team player
- Knowledge of Team Unify for meet entry and other group management related activities
- Understanding of various social media platforms for promoting team communication
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience and education
- Health benefits (eligibility requires 30+ hours per week)
- Vacation pay
- Reimbursement for professional development
To find out more about our swim club, please visit our website at www.goldenwestswimclub.org
with Carmel Swim Club
POSITION: The Carmel Swim Club (CSC), located in Carmel, Indiana is seeking qualified applicants for the positions of Full-time Assistant and Part-time Assistant Age Group Coaches. These positions reports directly to the Carmel Swim Club Head Coach/CEO and Head Age Group Coach. BACKGROUND: The Carmel Swim Club operates a 50 meter indoor pool at Carmel High School and trains at select outdoor facilities during the summer months. The club hosts between 8 and 10 meets plus a triathlon during a normal swim year. Carmel, which is located in Hamilton County just north of Indianapolis, is one of the Midwest’s fastest-growing and progressive communities with excellent schools. Hamilton County, and Carmel in particular, was also recently named the #1 place in United States to raise a family. CSC enjoys a reputation of success, both locally and nationally, and is recognized for its perennial leadership in one of the nation’s largest LSCs. Carmel High School has won 32 straight Indiana Girls High School Swimming Championships and the Boys have won 18 Championships of their own. Carmel’s strong recruiting base and community support allows CSC to provide financially attractive and competitive coaching opportunities unmatched in the Midwest. PHILOSOPHY: Carmel Swim Club’s mission is “Teaching Excellence Through Swimming, For Life.” Our vision is “a Community Club with a National Presence.” Our core values are Courage, Perseverance, and Team. To learn more about CSC, go to www.carmelswimclub.org.
with Champion Aquatic Team Longview Metro
Longview Metro/ Champion Aquatic Team
Versatile Team – Seeking Head Coach
Head Coaching Position (Club)
Serve as Head Coach of Longview Metro Champion Aquatic Team. CAT is an established team with great pedigree.There have been several D1 and DII swimmers come through the program. Earlier in 2018 the founder of the club team passed away, Clark Wilson. Since his passing one of the team’s alumni that recently graduated from college has coached the team. She has taken a position as a GA in Tennessee so we are looking for a new coach. Primary responsibilities include coaching multiple practice groups, oversee the overall operation of practices and swim meets and work with the board for overall operations of the club. Also, keep in contact with our alliance with METRO aquatics in the Dallas area.
Aquatic Facility Management Responsibilities
We practice at Longview ISD Aquatic Center in Longview, TX. The facility is owned by local HS and we have contract for use of the facility. The team has access to the pool six days a week for before school and after school workouts, as well as Saturday morning workout.
• Experience as Head Swim Coach or Head Age Group Coach is suggested but not required
• Current USA Swimming membership and coaching certifications (training and safety)
• Strong communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills to allow effective communication with coaches, swimmers, parents, and school officials.
• Capable of working independently and as part of a team. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Commitment to provide and ability to supervise high quality customer service. Plans, organizes and schedules in an efficient, productive manner; anticipates contingencies and demonstrates flexibility.
• Maintain First Aid, CPR, AED, Water Safety Instructor, and/or Lifeguard certifications.
• Competitive swimming experience, collegiate level a plus
• Experience with Team Unify and Hy-Tek meet manager
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office or equivalent
Salary will commensurate with experience. Please send resume, cover letter, and 3 references to Josh Sims at [email protected] Application deadline is August 30th. We would like to fill this position by September. 1st.
with New Jersey Race Club
New Jersey Race Club is actively seeking highly motivated and committed age group coaches to begin ASAP for our winter 2018-2019 season., The right candidate will have a strong technical knowledge of the sport and a highly motivating demeanor.
- Member of USA Swimming or willing to complete tests/courses prior to starting
- Minimum 1-3 years coaching experience as a USA Swimming certified coach
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Having some knowledge of how to use Team Unify and Meet Manager
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Positive outlook, enthusiasm and care for the well-being of swimmers
- Ability to effectively communicate goals and progressions to swimmers and parents
Attend and coach all group practices that you are assigned as well as all scheduled swimming meets including championship meets as directed by the Head Coach. Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Produce a highly competitive atmosphere that motivates swimmers to attain and surpass their goals and expectations while having fun doing so
- Demonstrate a commitment to coaching the sport of swimming and continuing professional education
- Coach specific levels of age group swimmers (14 & under)
- Being able to recognize technique flaws within swimmers and being able to give correct technique instruction
with UWCSEA Dragons Swim Team
UWC South East Asia is a K-12 international school that provides a life-defining educational experience to more than 5,000 students spread over two campuses in Singapore. UWCSEA educates individuals to embrace challenge and take responsibility for shaping a better future. We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join us as:
ASSISTANT COACH – SWIMMING (EAST CAMPUS)
UWCSEA Dragons Swim Team seeks an experienced and forward thinking swim coach. As Assistant and Development Coach, the incumbent should display initiative and confidence, particularly when leading the Junior Squad and Age Group programmes. The interested candidates will also be confident coaching at Senior and National Level with an appreciation of scientific coaching principles. The incumbent should be dynamic and able to adapt to our ever changing and growing swim programme.
- Coaches squads for the College Dragons Swim Team and leads within the Development Squad Programme
- Attends all swim team events such as meets, meetings and social events
- Plans detailed training sessions, tracks athletes’ progress and completes Swim Meet Entries
- Assists PE teachers with PE swimming classes (learn-to-swim and stroke development)
Additional Pool Required Abilities
- Ensures safety standards are maintained at poolside and records necessary administrative logs
- Inspects facilities as directed and reports any unsafe conditions or equipment promptly
- Arranges setup and clearing of equipment for swim classes and swim events
- Level 2 Coach/KCC Level 2 certified or International equivalent with minimum of 2 years coaching experience
- Certified First Aider with the ability to work with children from K1 to Y12
- Experience with google suite platforms and ACTIVE Hy-Tek’ Swim Software (Team & Meet Manager)
- Confident in using social media as a tool to promote learning
- Able to work cohesively in a team-based environment as well as independently
- Excellent English (written and spoken) communication and interpersonal skills
Interested applicants to submit application via our portal latest by 13 Aug 2018.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
with Sienna Plantation Aquatics
Full Time Assistant Coach – Sienna Plantation Aquatics
Sienna Plantation Aquatics (SPA) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of a Full Time Assistant Coach with excellent leadership, coaching and communication skills. The ideal candidate must be committed to the team’s Mission Statement, Goals and Values, be confident in his or her ability to work effectively with the team parents, coaching staff, and be dedicated to the development of student athletes from the developmental swimmer to the National Qualifier. The position is available to begin in August, 2017.
The full time Assistant Coach will oversee the training activities of assigned training groups. A complete job description is available upon request. Some specific responsibilities include:
- Coach at least two assigned training groups
- Communicate well with our athlete’s families
- Recruit and retain swimmers
SPA offers a competitive total compensation package including:
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation
- Team office
SPA covers cost of work related travel expenses, professional dues and provides a budget for continuing education and coach development.
- High School diploma required
- Minimum one year coaching experience on USA Swimming affiliated team or equivalent
- ASCA Level 1 certified or above
- All certifications current and in good standing with USA Swimming
- Possess excellent knowledge of the technical and training aspects of competitive swimming with proven record of excellent swimmer progression
- Able to communicate extremely well with parents and swimmers
- A contagious, enthusiastic attitude and ability to motivate swimmers to achieve their best
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must pass all appropriate background checks
To learn more about Sienna Plantation Aquatics, visit our website www.swimspa.org
with Oakland University Swimming and Diving
The Department of Athletics at Oakland University (NCAA Division 1) is now accepting applications for the Graduate Assistant Swimming Coach position. The Graduate Assistant will assist in all aspects of the program, from coaching student-athletes, season planning, team travel, recruiting, and other duties as assigned, all the while functioning in compliance with NCAA, Horizon League, and Oakland University rules and policies. They must represent themselves and Oakland University with integrity while demonstrating a commitment to the university and athletic department’s vision and values. Candidates must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
This position provides full tuition toward a graduate degree as well as a monthly living stipend. Applicants must be accepted into the Oakland University graduate school and meet minimum requirements required for graduate assistant-ship. Interested applicants should submit cover letter, resume and three references to Oakland University Head Swimming & Diving Coach Pete Hovland and assistant coach Stacy Busack.
with Fox Mill Estates Swim & Tennis Club - Foxes Swim Team
The Fox Mill Estates Swim and Tennis Club summer swim team, the Foxes (FME) , are seeking one experienced Head Coach and one Assistant Coach for the 2019 swim season. The Foxes are a well-established team located in Herndon, Virginia. The Foxes currently compete in Division 9 of the Northern Virginia Swim League (NVSL).
The ideal candidates would have Head and/or Assistant coaching experience, strong leadership and communication skills, the ability to connect with children from grades K-12, and an infectious enthusiasm for the sport of swimming. The candidate will work closely with our Swim Team Representatives, Advisory committee, and parents to provide a delightful and challenging summer swim experience
In our Head Coach we are looking for a high-energy, motivated individual to lead approximately (160) swimmers of all ability levels in our developmental and competitive summer swim league as well as coordinating and managing our assistant and junior coaches.The Head Swim Coach, has duties and responsibilities to organize, implement, manage and direct the FME Team swim programs. They will instruct FME swim team members in how to use equipment and proper technique for swimming competitions.
Our Assistant Head Coach will be an individual who can support the Head Coach focusing on organization of team practices and swimmer operations as well as analysis of trends and outputs from meets. They will support the Head Coach in coaching and leading the FME swim team members in competitive swimming activities by establishing an environment that fosters positive team attitudes, encourages self-discipline, sportsmanship, and responsibility.
Both positions will require the both coaches to be in the water and interacting with the swimmers.
FME primary Swim Season starts the Tuesday after Memorial day with afternoon practices Monday-Friday. Once Fairfax County Public Schools have ended for the school year, practices are held in the mornings Monday-Friday.
Developmental swim meets are held on Monday evenings and competitive meets are Saturday mornings throughout Northern Virginia until the end of July, with our All Star meet, held the first weekend in August.
with East Grand Rapids Aquatics
Full time Assistant Senior Coach:
Works with Sr Head Head Coach to help create a Senior group that emphasizes team, peak performance and a positive, inclusive culture.
Job duties include:
- The Sr Full-time assistant will work directly with the Head Coach.
- Works with Head Coach to research, design and implement a contemporary Senior program.
- Practice times to include mornings, evenings and some weekends.
- Attends all swim meets with Senior swimmers or meets assigned by Head Coach.
- Works with all swimmers and provides daily constructive feedback.
- Uses Mainset for creating practices, maintaining attendance and video of swimmers.
- Assists with meet entry for Senior swimmers.
- Responsible for posting and distributing meet information on the Waves website. This also includes sending in team entries.
- Meets with the Head Senior Coach at a minimum of 2X/week to review training plans.
- Meets with swimmers at the beginning of each season to set goals and is available to meet with parents during conferences and as needed.
- Assists with team hosted events.
- Returns emails/phone calls within 24 hours.
- Helps to document swimming data: dryland, test sets, etc
Start Date: September 2018 or sooner if available.
Locations: EGR Community Pool
2211 Lake Drive SE
East Grand Rapids, MI 49506
Requirements: USA Coaching Certification
3+ years experience coaching Senior level swimmers with a track
record of performance.
with Hinsdale Swim Club
Love coaching swimming to kids? Want to continue doing so after this summer? Know a qualified friend to pass this job posting along to?
The Hinsdale Swim Club, a year-round swim club that has operated for over 50 years, is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Age Group Assistant Coach. The Hinsdale Swim Club trains in Hinsdale and Oak Brook, Illinois.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the sport of swimming, is focused on swimmer development and loves children. The candidate will be an assistant coach of our developmental level age group swimmers ranging in age between 6-10 years old. This position will require working late afternoon/evening hours on weekdays, and morning/afternoon hours on weekends, including extended weekend hours on meet weekends.
- Previous Coaching Experience
- Maintain the safety and background check requirements required to be a USA Swimming Coach Member
- A Thorough Knowledge of Competitive Swimming and Stroke Mechanics to coach developmental swimmers
- Enthusiastic, Energetic, Positive Role Model, Team-Oriented, Good Communicator
- Availability to work evenings and weekends
- US Citizen or Visa Authority to work in the USA
Pay is based upon experience and will be an hourly wage. The Club will cover the costs of required certifications and USA Swimming membership, as well as reimburse approved professional development fees.
with Sailfish Aquatics
Sailfish Aquatics is currently seeking energetic, knowledgeable and passionate coaches for our locations. We are expanding and we are looking to hire one full time and 2 part time coaches. Applicants should be able to implement practice plans based upon our common curriculum, administer dryland workouts, complete meet entries, attend meets, and communicate with parents. Sailfish Aquatics offers competitive wages based upon experience. Part time jobs are approximately 10 to 20 hours per week.
Sailfish Aquatics is currently a 280 member club with expansion plans for the 2018-19 season.
with SwimLabs Montgomery County
Do you love kids and love to swim? If so, SwimLabs Swim School has a job for you! We are a new swim school in the area, and we are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, energetic people to join our team. We teach lessons to all ages and abilities in a unique environment of warm-water pools using visual feedback.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Love of children and desire to teach
- Previous swimming experience, such as teaching swim lessons, coaching swim team, or swimming on a team
- Desire and ability to teach all ages and abilities
- Lifeguarding, CPR and First Aid certifications
- Great customer service skills
- Efficient class management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with children and adults
- Willingness to learn and execute the SwimLabs Swim School teaching method
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Ability to work a consistent weekly schedule
- Montgomery County Pool Operator certification is a plus
Job Duties (all new employees will be trained):
- Teaching lessons to all ages and abilities, including group and private lessons, and may include competitive lessons, depending on skill level and previous experience
- Using Dartfish video analysis software
- Teaching the SwimLabs progression
- Moderate maintenance work on pools and facility
- Communicate regularly with children and adults
The ideal candidate has a welcoming, bright personality, professional appearance, is very well organized, punctual and with a positive can-do attitude. You should be forward-thinking, have common sense, and most importantly – be dependable. We will rely on YOU to help run our business so dependability is a must!