Location: 415 South St, Waltham, MA 02453, USA
with Brandeis University
Brandeis University seeks to hire an Assistant Coach, Swimming and Diving / Aquatics Director to assist the head coach in running a successful swimming and diving program which competes as an NCAA DIII program and as a member of the University Athletic Association (UAA). This includes practice and competition coaching, recruiting student-athletes, design and implementation of game plans and advising and mentoring our student-athletes. Manage operation of aquatics facilities, activities, swimming programs and lifeguards.
Examples of Key Responsibilities:
- Manage operation of Linsey Pool. Coordinate and schedule pool for all aquatics programming. Hire, train, schedule, and supervise lifeguard staff. Coordinate necessary maintenance and repairs with University Facilities Services and/or outside contractors. Oversee all pool mechanical and chemical operations, and physical space of pool and locker rooms. Maintain applicable required certifications.
- Assist with the planning of all in-season practice sessions and developing an off-season training schedule and program. Assist with competition coaching at home and on the road.
- Assist with the student-athlete recruitment effort for the men’s and women’s swimming and diving program. This includes traveling to high school and club contests, evaluating prospective student-athletes, submitting materials from prospective student-athletes to the Office of Admissions for early credential reviews, assisting with on-campus visits by prospects and managing the team’s social media accounts. Assists with recruiting a diverse incoming class of swimming and diving student-athletes that contribute to the continuing success of the team and to the University community at large.
Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters preferred plus 1-3 years of relative work experience; collegiate coaching is highly preferred.
First Aid, Lifeguard Instructor, and Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification. Valid driver’s license. CPR/AED instructor certification. Must be qualified to be insured by the university. Diving coach experience is welcome
Background check required.
Location: 7883 IN-39, Lizton, IN 46149, USA
with Tri West Swim Club, Ltd.
Position: HEAD COACH
Tri West Swim Club is seeking qualified applicants for Head Coach. We are a recently formed club. We operate out of Tri-West High School, located in Lizton, IN. Our mission is to be an inclusive swim program that promotes youth the opportunity to enhance their physical, mental and social development in and outside the pool in a fun, structured and supportive environment.
- Minimum of five years of coaching experience (preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- An eagerness to Learn and Grow as a Coach
- Must be able to incorporate all learning styles and abilities of swimmers
- Must be able to create a positive atmosphere and effectively communicate with assistant coaches and board members
- Must be able to effectively communicate goals and progressions to swimmer and parents
- Oversee all levels of swimming: design and plan for all groups
- Directly coach at least one group
- Mentor and Supervise all assistant coaches
- Set appropriate practice schedule and groups
- Attend all Competitions or Swim Meets
- Oversee Individual and Team Entries
- Supervise Athletes at meets
- Attend Pertinent Meetings
- Assist in Fundraising
- Maintain office hours or indicate how/when to contact the coach
Location: 922 E Emma Ave, Springdale, AR 72764, USA
with Razorback Aquatic Club AquaHawgs
RAZORBACK AQUATIC CLUB AQUAHAWGS
Head Senior Coach
Razorback Aquatic Club AquaHawgs has been a USA Swimming Silver Medal Club located in Northwest Arkansas. The AquaHawgs are consistently one of the top teams in the state. Northwest Arkansas is also home to the University of Arkansas, Tyson Foods, Walmart, and JB Hunt as well as one of the fastest growing populations in the United States.
- Establish an environment that encouragesself-discipline, sportsmanship, responsibility and constructive feedback.
- Develop and implement team and individual goals with the swimmers and monitor the progression of the athletes and team in reaching these goals.
- Connecting our senior swimmers with colleges and universities and assisting families in making their child’s goal of swimming at the post-secondary level a reality.
- Timely & professional communication with parents and swimmers.
- Develop and maintain seasonal plans for the progression of our senior program.
- Design swimming and dryland curricula for the Senior Hawgs
- Assist in selecting the appropriate schedule of seasonal competitions
- Demonstrate willingness to communicate with parents to help swimmers achieve their goals
- Passionate about swimming and working with athletes
- Demonstrate a cooperative, responsive and respectful communication style with swimmers, parents, community members, staff, and Board.
- Maintain professional standard of safety, appearance and readiness.
- Practice continuous improvement and professional development for self and assistant coaches; work to achieve next level of certification.
- Act as a team representative while attending LSC meetings.
- Maintain accurate records of individuals and relay performances, meet participation, practice attendance and more.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of coaching experience
- USA Swimming Member in good standing
- CPR/AED Certified
- Experienced with Team Unify and HY-TEK as well as Word and Excel.
- Advanced experience coaching various ages and skill levels in a competitive environment
- High-level swimming experience at the club and or collegiate level.
Location: North Manchester, IN 46962, USA
with Manchester University
Position overview: The Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving head coach is responsible for for leading a successful Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving program at Manchester University. This will include managing all aspects of coaching, eligibility, recruitment, retention, budget, and scheduling. The Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving head coach is also responsible for fundraising for the Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving program and instructing physical ESAT up to six hours per academic year based on other duties assigned. For a full list of job functions, please visit www.manchester.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities.
- Master’s degree preferred, bachelor’s degree required.
- Five years of coaching experience preferred.
- Experience in NCAA Division III athletics preferred, as a coach or student-athlete.
- Successful completion of the NCAA Division III Rules Test.
- CPR/AED First Aid Certification required (available on-site).
- Willingness to enhance professional growth by attending clinics and workshops as well as belonging to national and state coaching associations.
- Ability to represent the Athletic Department in an appropriate and professional manner at all times.
- Ability to abide by the rules for the sport of the NCAA, HCAC, and Manchester University at all times.
- Ability to attend athletic staff meetings, mandatory student-athlete programs, admissions events, sports banquets, and athletic fundraising activities.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
Work schedule: This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position. This is a twelve (12) month position. Travel is required and includes flexible work hours, especially in-season. M-F with weekends required.
Location: 639 Howard Rd, West Point, NY 10996, USA
with Army West Point Athletic Association
|The Assistant Swim Coach is responsible for providing assistance to the Head Coach as assigned. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: identifying and recruiting qualified candidates to the United States Military Academy and the Army West Point Swim & Dive program. This includes frequent travel, organizing and implementing on-campus visits, conducting practices and individual workouts, organizing and running camp/clinics, engaging with alumni, expanding our brand and presence at the national level, and other administrative tasks assigned by the Head Coach.
Candidates must possess highly professional mannerisms, moral and ethical character, and demonstrate a high work rate. This individual must possess exemplary communication skills both written and verbal, in addition to being able to work well with a variety of people. This individual must be knowledgeable of, and adhere to NCAA rules, and fully support the mission of the United States Military Academy.
Location: 4701 Wrightsville Ave # B3, Wilmington, NC 28403
with Waves of Wilmington
Waves of Wilmington (WOW) has an immediate opening for a Head Age Group Coach
WOW is located in coastal Wilmington, North Carolina, a city ranked one of the best places in America to live. Located on the North Carolina coast, this mid sized city affords a unique lifestyle with terrific year round weather, tremendous outdoor activities, a diverse population, a growing tech scene, engaging arts, culture and a plethora of amazing restaurants.
WOW is ranked among the top mid sized swimming clubs in the southeast. We have been in operation for over 30 consecutive seasons and compete successfully against the top ranked swimming clubs in the Carolinas. Our head coach is established and well respected in the community and we are proud of our history of sending graduating swimmers to top schools across the country.
We are seeking a Head Age Group Coach for our competitive swim team, who will take on meaningful responsibilities both in:
Be actively involved with orchestrating our social media efforts
Writing our monthly newsletter
Updating and adding content to our website
If you are looking for a role where you can make a huge impact coaching some of our top swimmers and also contribute to our growth outside of the pool, please reach out in confidence with a resume and your salary requirements to [email protected]
Location: 100 Devon Dr, Exton, PA 19341, USA
with YMCA of Greater Brandywine (Lionville Communnity YMCA branch)
Manages the implementation, development and delivery of the Competitive Swim program. Recruits, trains and supports assigned staff and volunteers. Additional responsibilities include hiring and training of staff; curriculum development; budget control; and adhering to all regulatory and Association standards. The Head Swim Coach Director leads the Swim Team in providing a safe environment and provides leadership in expanding Swim Team programming.
- Develop and deliver a high quality, mission focused, YMCA age group competitive swim team program for youth ages 5-18.
- Teach/instruct participants through use of an appropriate curriculum that addresses the skill levels of all participants and assures the program is inclusive and welcoming for all.
- Offer a year round program that includes YMCA short course and long course options as well as a competitive summer league.
- Develop a diverse menu of programs to include stroke, turn and specialized clinics that span all levels of participants.
- Assist in recruitment and retention of program participants.
- Interface and interact with swim team parents to communicate and resolve any concerns that arise.
- Develop and oversee the practice schedule of all levels, attend all meets and support the entire competitive program.
- Create a volunteer workforce to run meets that are consistent with YMCA standards.’Manage and organize participation, registration and logistics of swimmers at all swim meets.
- Follow association guidelines related to budget, travel and meet participation. Refer to budget manual, personnel manual and supervisor for specific clarification as needed.
- Coordinate vacation outside of the competitive season responsibilities.
- Assists with annual campaign activities.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience required
- Competitive Swimming Experience for a minimum of 4 years required
- Current Lifeguard certifications
- Must have at least 2 years of coaching experience with swimmers of all ages
- USA swimming coaches credential
- Ability to demonstrate all swim strokes
- Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff required
- Preferred knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English
- Obtain and maintain all new hire certifications and training within 90 days of hire
Typically, the worker is in an indoor environment, protected from weather conditions but subject to some temperature fluctuations. Assigned projects and events may occur outside throughout the year and will be subject to various weather conditions as needed. Demands include (but are not limited to): Visual acuity, talking, hearing, lifting (up to 40lbs. independently, more than 50lbs. with assistance), walking, stooping, rising, kneeling, crouching, sitting or standing (for sustained periods of time), reaching, pushing, pulling, balancing, climbing, feeling, grasping and other repetitive motions of the hands, fingers and wrists. Detailed definitions of each action are available upon request. Demands may be subject to possible modification upon request to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities as reviewed and approved by the human resources department.
Location: 40, Woodlands Street 41
with SINGAPORE AMERICAN SCHOOL
- Coach developmental and competitive/elite swim teams.
- Assist with the development and implementation of d competitive swim programs.
- Help to coordinate and implement the day-to-day operations of the co-curricular aquatics program.
- Consult as needed with the development of Preschool to Grade 12 aquatics curriculum.
- Assist and maintain records for age groups and ensure proper pool maintenance.
Key candidate qualities:
- Demonstrate and enthusiastically support the School’s Mission and Values of The Eagle Way: Compassion – Fairness – Honesty – Respect – Responsibility
- Familiarity and experience with Long Term Athlete Development model.
- Performs in a manner that reflects positively on Singapore American School.
- Demonstrates a passion for swimming and hands-on ability and willingness to help our student-athletes reach their maximum potential.
- Employs a positive, inclusive communication and coaching style that develops swimmers and leadership skills.
- Establish an environment that fosters positive team attitudes, encourages self-discipline, sportsmanship, leadership, responsibility, and an appreciation for the importance of academics with student-athletes.
- Inspire confidence and build positive relationships between athletes, coaches, and families to foster a culture of inclusion.
- Advise and counsel swimmers who wish to pursue development opportunities and/or collegiate competition, including writing letters of recommendation, if requested.
- Ability to train and mentor the coaching team.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Assist with managing and running swim meets.
- Assist with completing all other projects and duties as assigned by the Aquatics Coordinator.
- Maintain rosters, records, and manage meet entries.
- Support the interest of the Associations (IASAS, ACSIS) as defined by the SAS.
- Participate in Aquatics-related research and development for SAS.
- Assist in the delivery of professional development for Aquatics staff.
- Undertake training as required.
- Coach and assist during holiday camps and clinics as required.
- Travel within Singapore and Internationally may be required.
The above job description is only indicative of the broad set of duties and responsibilities. Distribution of tasks is assigned by the supervisor. Other tasks may be assigned on the job, as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree (or similar), from an accredited college or university, or equivalent professional experience.
- FINA Level 2/ASCA Level 5 or equivalent.
- Must have 5-7 years of aquatics experience with at least 5 years of supervisory/leadership experience or 5 years high level head coaching experience.
- Prior success as a competitive swim coach at the club, high school or collegiate level desired.
- American Red Cross First Aid & CPR or equivalent.
- Able to read, write, and perform basic math and should have strong organizational, budgetary, computer (especially TeamUnify Swim Office, Hytek Meet Manager, video software, and Google Suite) skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
Required SAS Health, Safety, and Safeguarding Protocols:
- Ensure that program areas, equipment, and supplies are maintained in an orderly and safe manner.
- Report any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor or the person responsible for those items at your site.
- Follow all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to managing visitors and guests at our facilities.
- Complete all child abuse prevention training as required.
Location: Victorville, CA, USA
with Desert Aquatics
POSITION FILLED! – Our team is a year round competitive swim team seeking a high quality professional head coach and technique instructor for all ages and abilities. We suddenly lost our head coach and are in search of someone to lead our club. We are Desert Aquatics (DSRT) a group of dedicated swimmers, coaches and parents in the high desert swimming at Silverado HS in Victorville. I realize that many of you aren’t anywhere close to Victorville but please put the word out.
Location: Nashville, TN, USA
Captyn is looking for a remote Growth Specialist who generates leads and meets sales goals. This includes sales presentations and product demonstrations with potential clients all from the comfort of your home.
For success in this role, you must have a willingness to learn the sales process and excellent interpersonal skills. Previous experience in sales is an advantage, but not required. If you have experience registering for classes, camps, teams, memberships, then you can sell Captyn. All you need is a community and network to tap into, and then let Captyn sell itself.
Who We Are:
Captyn is the first mobile software company providing first-class solutions to universities, schools, children’s activities organizations, non-profits, national organizations, retail groups, lessons, clinics, camps, and more. As the only agile registration platform, Captyn is helping small businesses reduce management costs and stress while increasing revenue. Once an organization sees Captyn in action, they are amazed by how easy managing and accepting customers can be. In short, we help small businesses grow!
Who We Are Looking For:
People who have an additional 5-20 hours a week to develop connections and earn extra revenue for their household are excellent candidates. Examples might include (but not limited to) realtors, teachers, coaches, retirees, and stay at home parents looking to make $750 to $3500 from every account you help close with a rich bonus system to earn monthly rewards.
What Are the Responsibilities:
As a remote Captyn Growth Specialist, you connect with leaders and opinion-makers within organizations that could benefit from Captyn, and you show the software in action. Your responsibility is to call or walk into a business you’re familiar with and speak to them about Captyn. The Captyn leadership team equips you to explain the Captyn platform through online demonstrations, and we provide digital and print material that will help spark interest. Finally, once a business is interested in learning more, you go through a simple online presentation with the support of the Captyn leadership team.
What Is the Pay:
Captyn pays the Growth Specialist a monthly recurring commission with no cap to earning their potential. Each closed deal will average between $600 and $3000 each in yearly commission.
What Is the Commission?
For every deal you close you will receive 10% of revenue generated by Captyn. You are immediately paid three of the 10% after the first transaction is processed. Then you will receive monthly payouts equal to 10% of the revenue Captyn generates for that specific month.
Here are some examples:
- For a typical swim school or gymnastic group, your commissions could range from $1,000 to over $3,000 in the course of one year.
- For a typical high-school coach operating a summer camp or small college sports camps, your commissions are typically $300 to $600 over the course of the camp.
- For a larger business like a YMCA, University, or Private School, you could make $5,000 or way more over the course of a year.
- First 90 Days $500 potential bonuses
- On going bonuses based on total deals closed
- Yeti Cups/Coolers, iPads & weekend vacations
What Is the Training Requirement:
There are four training sessions:
- Captyn Software: Enterprise settings
- Captyn Software: Offering Set up (private, group, camps, clinics)
- Captyn User and Admin Experience (on your own)
- Selling Captyn
Location: 590 Rathburn Rd, Etobicoke, ON M9C 3T3, Canada
with Etobicoke Swim Club
*****THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED******
The Etobicoke Swim Club (ESWIM) invites applications for the permanent, full-time position of Head Coach beginning in August 2020. ESWIM has established the premier development program for Age Group swimmers in Canada, as evidenced by our multiple Provincial and National championship titles over many years. We are looking for a candidate who can uphold this tradition of excellence and achievement, one whose experience can augment our collective athletes’ potential for success.
The Etobicoke Swim Club takes pride in its well-deserved reputation for the outstanding quality of our swimmer development program which has trained multiple swimmers to compete at Olympic and Junior Olympic Games, FINA World Championships, Commonwealth Games, Pan Pacific Championships, World SC Championships, Junior World Championships and Junior Pan Pacific Championships. Some notable accomplishments of our program:
- 2 Long Course World Record holders
- 31 Olympians
- 9 Senior National Records
- 300 National Age Group Records, more than any other club in the country
- 65 current National Age Group Records. Four times more than any other Canadian club
- 203 of 292 current Provincial Age Group and Open records
We are seeking a Head Coach who can build on the established culture of our club, continue our tradition of developing internationally competitive athletes, mentor professional colleagues, act as a club ambassador in the community, possess strong technical knowledge, and lead a program that enables all of the club’s swimmers to realize their full potential.
We are looking for an experienced Head Coach who will be a dedicated, strong communicator and a positive motivator with exceptional leadership skills. The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- Demonstrates excellence in developing international-level swimmers
- Has successfully managed and developed a high-performance coaching team
- Promotes team spirit and good sportsmanship both on and off the deck
- Partners with and advises the Board of Directors regarding the development of the Club’s strategic objectives, club policies and governance processes
- Supports and implements Club policies as defined and directed by the Board of Directors, including such policies as they apply to team wear, member discipline, risk management, and fiscal responsibilities
- Holds a Canadian NCCP Level 3 accreditation or equivalent, NLS and First Aid certifications, and can provide a current vulnerable sector screening (VSC Certificate)
The Etobicoke Swim Club aims to provide every swimmer with the opportunity to achieve their best at all levels of competition while inspiring, developing, and creating life-long skills both in and out of the pool. The successful candidate will demonstrate dedication, professionalism and above all else, a commitment to excellence.
A competitive salary will be negotiated based on qualifications and experience. Please submit applications consisting of a cover letter, resumé with references, and statement of coaching philosophy to ESWIM via email at [email protected]. All submissions will be kept in the strictest confidence. Please note that we will only respond to those applications selected for further consideration.
Location: Unnamed Road, Wadawali, Maharashtra 410201, India
with Corvuss American Academy
The Corvuss American Academy International Head Coach, Swim position is a key leadership role for an individual who understands the inner workings of an international boarding school. The successful candidate will embrace the philosophy that Academics and Athletics are of equal importance and that the quality of education provided to students must not be secondary. Academics are a requirement and Athletics are a privilege!
– Must be a Non-Indian National
– Two years’ min. experience coaching at a recognized swim program
– Must have some international experience either as an athlete or coach
– Must be willing to relocate to India and live on campus outside Mumbai
– Committed to the development of student athletes
– Ability to speak with parents both during recruiting and after enrolment
– Development and implementation of curriculum and practice plans is essential
– Understanding the importance of fitness and nutrition is essential
– Team player dedicated to the mission and vision of Corvuss American Academy
– Willing to sign a two-year contract
– Experience with the evaluation of employees ie. Junior/Assistant Coaches
– Experience coaching middle/high school athletes is an asset
– Experience or knowledge of the NCAA/US College network is an asset
– Experience running and organizing residential summer/holiday camps is an asset
– Meets the criteria to obtain an Employment Visa for entry into India
Yearly salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
First year approximate start date: mid-Aug. 2020 – Approximate end date, June 2021
Fully furnished accommodation provided on campus
All meals, 3 per day, provided free of charge on campus in the dining hall 7 days per week
Health Insurance provided at no cost to the employee
Initial flight to India in August 2020
One return flight home per contractual year and at the end of the contract
Registration fees/transportation etc., once in India, at no cost to the employee
Required uniform and sports gear required for the position provided
All travel costs for school sponsored events at no cost to the employee
Location: 1114 Potter St, Bellingham, WA 98229, USA
with Bellingham Bay Swim Team
Bellingham Bay Swim Team has an immediate opening for an experienced, dynamic, highly skilled and energetic Head Age Group Coach.
Located on Bellingham Bay with Mount Baker as its backdrop, Bellingham (population 90,000) is the last major city before the Washington coastline meets the Canadian border. It’s 85 miles north of Seattle and 50 miles south of Vancouver, B.C.
Bellingham is an acclaimed outdoor recreation haven and known for its subdued, healthy and authentic vibe. It’s been named “Best Place to Play Year Round,” “Adventure Town USA,” and “Best Place to Retire and Live,” by various media. While many come here to play hard and sweat, others take in the scenery, laid-back vibe and relax.
Please check out these links for additional information on Bellingham:
Info on Bellingham Schools:
The Bellingham Bay Swim Team (BBST-PN), (www.bellinghambayswimteam.org) of Bellingham, Washington (USA) is seeking a dynamic, motivated, highly skilled Head Age Group Coach for its year-round competitive swim program.
We are seeking an ASCA level 3 or higher Head Age Group Coach for our competitive swim team, but may consider the right candidate with a lower ranking. BBST is a USA Swimming affiliated team with a 23-year history. We currently have 110 swimmers in five progressive training groups: Bronze, Silver, Gold, & Senior A/B that train year-round with a staff of 4 certified coaches. These groups are designed to provide athletes with a fun team atmosphere where swimmers of similar ability and commitment practice together and TEAM is emphasized in a competitive setting.
BBST has developed swimmers from beginning age group up through nationally-ranked athletes and relays that have competed at junior national, Olympic Trials, and national team levels.
Many of our BBST alumni have gone on to swim collegiately at top-ranked universities, including Texas A&M University, The University of Hawaii, The University of Pacific, and Loyola Marymount University. BBST is a nonprofit 501c3 organization under the direction of a volunteer parent run Board of Directors elected annually by the membership.
The mission of the Bellingham Bay Swim Team is to provide an environment for swimmers to develop exceptional character through discipline and commitment to our shared values in the pursuit of excellence in competitive swimming.
- Establish an environment that fosters positive team attitudes while teaching self-discipline, sportsmanship and responsibility.
- Develop and maintain seasonal and quadrennial plans for the progression of our age group program and develops innovative techniques that show success and improvement. (This includes yardage and technique progressions, as well as how the groups are being challenged through competition and differentiated for movement up the team roster groups).
- Develop and implement team and individual goals with the swimmers and the head coach, and monitor the progression of the athletes and team in reaching these goals.
- Design swimming and dryland curriculums for all BBST roster levels to promote stroke development and physical conditioning appropriate for the athletes’ current level of fitness and physical/emotional development, while maintaining an appropriate level of challenge necessary to produce improvement in speed, fitness, and progression to the next team roster level.
- Provide social/emotional support for athletes and differentiated programming to meet each athlete’s needs.
- Demonstrate a cooperative, responsive and respectful communication style with swimmers, parents, community members, members of the staff, and board.
- Effectively supervise and delegate responsibilities for assistant age group coaches. This includes practices as well as meets.
- Practice continuous improvement and professional development for self under the direction of the head coach; work to achieve next level of certification.
- Support all aspects of daily club operation in support of the swimmers, membership, and team mission and values. Strong organizational skills are a must.
- Communicate with other teams and/or PNS regarding meet participation and entries.
- Maintain and update website information regarding practice schedules, meet entries, news, etc.
- Various administrative functions such as pool scheduling.
- Work with the head coach to ensure club mission, vision and values are achieved.
- Act as a team representative while attending LSC meetings.
- Maintain accurate records of individuals and relay performances, meet participation, practice attendance and more.
- Develop, and implement BBST Board policies and procedures under direction of head coach.
- Maintain professional standard of safety, appearance and readiness.
- Facilitate and participate in club fundraisers.
- Must be CPR/AED certified and maintain current coaching certification.
- ASCA level 3 but may consider the right candidate with a lower ranking.
- Strong track record as an outstanding technical swim coach with demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Advanced experience coaching various ages and skill levels in a competitive environment.
- High-level swimming experience at the club and/or collegiate level.
- Experienced with TeamUnify and HyTek
- Ability to set and achieve individual and team goals and encourage others to do the same.
This is a year round, salaried position with opportunity for performance and fundraising based incentives. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Links about the Bellingham Bay Swim Team:
Location: 2161 NW Military Hwy San Antonio, TX 78213
with T3i, Inc.
The selected candidate will be assigned to a team of swim coaches that are responsible for preparing SW recruits for physical and mental success during their training pipelines. Daily activities include planning, teaching, and applying physical training principles and techniques to improve students’ performance and capabilities. Due to their influential position, T3i coaches are held to the highest standards of professional conduct at all times.
- Assist with design, modification, and advancement of the training program
- Supervise trainees and ensure safety and accountability at all times
- Assist with teaching and demonstrating the swim training program
- Maintain a high degree of personal fitness and lead by example
- Successfully complete and maintain the ability to perform the coach fitness test
- Assist with employment of training technologies to improve students’ performance
- Be able to demonstrate all physical exercises and events required of the students
- Employ relevant technologies to support the training program and improve students’ performance
- Evaluate and provide written professional assessments on emerging technologies’
- Be familiar with, follow, and apply designated AF training and safety directives and guidelines
- Effectively work with frequent changes, interruptions and varying environmental conditions
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of sound training skills, relevant to fitness and athletics
- Develop, implement and teach foundational fitness skills to students with varying ability levels
- Effectively teach various blocks of instruction related to health, fitness and physical performance
- Build rapport with students and motivate them to achieve higher levels of performance
- Regularly participate in staff, training, scheduling, and other meetings to support the program
- Maintain strong communication (written and oral), leadership and organizational skills
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Health and Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or related field, or competitive equivalent experience as an instructor or physical fitness leader in a similar field and environment
- Certified Level 1 American Swimming Coach (ASCA); complete Level 2 within one year
- Swim Coaching experience at a competitive level (club, collegiate, or Olympic)
- Certified Lifeguard, CPR, AED, and First Aid
Type of Employment: Full Time
with Long Lake Camp for the Arts